PDA

View Full Version : 2016 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

boz-monaut
01-01-2016, 04:01 PM
2016 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Rutho_luke
02-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Looking for an AA team to play a trial game against on the 12th march at their home ground as ours is unavailable till mid April.
Pm me on here please.

boz-monaut
02-02-2016, 05:33 PM
what grade are you after?

Rutho_luke
02-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Not too worried at this stage, just need the run, I'm not sure what grade we will be in as its the first year this team has been together, I'm thinking we are about C but until they've had a real run that's just a guess

Rutho_luke
06-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Also looking for an u18 side to trial against, same day same club would be great

WolfMan
16-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone playing in Friday night All Age around the Newcastle area? Might be looking for a run

Charman
16-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Anyone playing in Friday night All Age around the Newcastle area? Might be looking for a run

Dudley Redhead could use an extra bod or two. Call Furgio on 0459 255 577

sammydog
21-02-2016, 09:06 PM

We have a team looking for players at Garden Suburb. They haven't registered yet as they are trying to make sure they have a full squad. I can put you in contact if your still looking.

pete85
28-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Hey we have about 8 guys looking to join a a/a team for saturdays. We have no way of making the numbers and have played short the last cpl years. Anywhere near to charlestown would be ideal if anyone is looking for players. Cheers

WolfMan
29-02-2016, 12:09 AM
We have a team looking for players at Garden Suburb. They haven't registered yet as they are trying to make sure they have a full squad. I can put you in contact if your still looking.

Sorry mate, just saw this. I'm good for now - dragged in to Saturday's with the old boys up at Tenambit. Will keep it in mind for future reference though

Jnr Animal
01-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Kotara all age women's are looking for trials in March. If any clubs with an available ground and willing to play please PM with details.
Regards Ryan

stevewr45@hotmail.com
08-03-2016, 06:46 PM
In Newcastle

BUSSC
09-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Barnsley Snr are looking for a team All Age or lower Zone league team for our 3rd grade to play a trial against this Sunday morning 10.30 at Taylor Park

If you are interested call or sms Mick on 0428 193 617.

Damo Lovelock
14-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Anyone in need of a player?

Been a few years, but I wouldn't mind lacing up the boots again.

football_macigian23
21-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Gradings released today.. If you've found out, are you happy?

boz-monaut
21-03-2016, 02:24 PM
the Cooks Hill teams pretty much got what we were after

a few notable exceptions higher up though

yatobs
21-03-2016, 03:17 PM
How do you find out this info.?

ICEBERG10
21-03-2016, 04:39 PM
All clubs recieved an email listing the grades for all competition teams.

Damo Lovelock
25-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Anyone able up to post up a list of all the grades?

sammydog
25-03-2016, 03:55 PM
We moved from Friday night to Saturday. Got what we expected. Rest of Garden Suburb were placed where we expected them to be.

Shots
27-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Hey, I'm after a low All Age team to trial next weekend I have a ground but need a team. Anyone interested?

frankiechav
28-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Can't believe the Valentine team who won Friday B grade didn't go up to A grade. They only lost 1 game all season. The Dudley team they beat in the Final went up instead...how does this happen?

sammydog
28-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Can't believe the Valentine team who won Friday B grade didn't go up to A grade. They only lost 1 game all season. The Dudley team they beat in the Final went up instead...how does this happen?

Why is A grade only a 6 team comp again? Surely they should be shuffling teams up to make it an 8 team comp.

We dropped out to go to Saturday so the kids could all come watch their dads and take the piss out of us, but we still applied for A on the Saturday.

From last years A-Grade, Stockton (got smashed most games), Newcastle Suns (2nd last, last season I think) and Garden Suburb (3rd last season) have dropped out. Only one team came in to replace us all.

Suns have gone to B-Grade, probably fair.
Stockton have gone to C-Grade, probably fair.
Garden Suburb to Saturday A-Grade.

Just seems a bit crazy to only have a 6 team a-grade then go and create a new K Grade and a heap of divisions with a bye or 6 teams. Just shuffle everyone up to create 8 team comps.

For a team to win B-Grade then apply to stay there, you would hope ether have lost a heap of players and the new team is vastly different to last years.

I imagine though that teams apply to stay down to avoid playing teams like Westy, Charlestown, Norths and Swansea who play very good football. Over the last few seasons the trend was that teams came up from B-Grade, got belted and then went down again. I guess teams just don't want to go the season in a strong comp.

Goatscheese
28-03-2016, 11:11 PM

Obviously someone knows somebody.

hawk
29-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Why is A grade only a 6 team comp again? Surely they should be shuffling teams up to make it an 8 team comp.

We dropped out to go to Saturday so the kids could all come watch their dads and take the piss out of us, but we still applied for A on the Saturday.

From last years A-Grade, Stockton (got smashed most games), Newcastle Suns (2nd last, last season I think) and Garden Suburb (3rd last season) have dropped out. Only one team came in to replace us all.

Suns have gone to B-Grade, probably fair.
Stockton have gone to C-Grade, probably fair.
Garden Suburb to Saturday A-Grade.

For a team to win B-Grade then apply to stay there, you would hope ether have lost a heap of players and the new team is vastly different to last years.
Valo have a shrewed manager who knows when the A's are to hard lol

onlooker
30-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Raymond terrace 3rds chasing a team to play a trail tomorrow night 31/3/16 at King park, kick off 6pm. Contact me on 0421646037
Cheers Cal

redwah
03-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Anyone know when the draws will be out. Apparently we have midweek games as only a 6 team comp.

sammydog
03-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Anyone know when the draws will be out. Apparently we have midweek games as only a 6 team comp.

Most years they come out the week before the comp starts.

plague
03-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Do you blokes know anything about teams getting re-graded after the original grades have been released? Does it happen?

Goatscheese
03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Do you blokes know anything about teams getting re-graded after the original grades have been released? Does it happen?

Very rare, there would need to be a good reason such as graded in a vastly different grade such as an A grade team being placed in K or even placed in the wrong comp (once saw an U15 side placed in the U17 comp). They won't do it because you asked for D and got placed in C or because you are in Belmont and all your teams are Hunter Valley Teams.

ranger
03-04-2016, 05:59 PM
No chance being regraded.

plague
03-04-2016, 07:23 PM
No chance being regraded.

on the weekend a couple of mates were filling in for our clubs new o/35's team playing a trial against a team graded the same as them.

Anyway our club was short so had a couple of ring ins (I was under the assumption the opposition was informed). Anyway they won like 9 or 10 nil but the opposition bloke claimed he worked for the association and said he was going to regrade them (obviously to give his own team a better chance in the season).

Hilarious scenes but a few of them are now wondering if it will happen.

Goatscheese
03-04-2016, 07:27 PM
on the weekend a couple of mates were filling in for our clubs new o/35's team playing a trial against a team graded the same as them.

Anyway our club was short so had a couple of ring ins (I was under the assumption the opposition was informed). Anyway they won like 9 or 10 nil but the opposition bloke claimed he worked for the association and said he was going to regrade them (obviously to give his own team a better chance in the season).

Do you know who he was? There aren't that many people working for the three associations.

plague
03-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Nah, and maybe he was just being a blowhard.

Although our club officials seemed to know him when he was having a moan.

It will be interesting if they get regarded.

sammydog
03-04-2016, 07:43 PM

Without naming teams, which grade and fri night or sat?

They could regrade now as the draws aren't done. Realistically though, they would have to slot you into a six or seven team comp otherwise someone else has to be moved. I cant see it happening, and I cant see them slotting you into a six team comp and creating a bye.

Id say you are pretty safe in the current grade.

Personally though, I dont think teams/clubs should be able to request a grade. It should be based on previous seasons results unless there is a large turnover in players. I also think all comps should be 8 teams minimum (I prefer 10), none of this six team rubbish.

ranger
03-04-2016, 08:21 PM
if they did it, they would set a precedence, which was our reasoning from the association behind not having one of our unfortunate junior teams regraded out of A grade. So if you do get regraded let us know because regrading based on a relaxed trial result as reasoning isn't how it's meant to work.

plague
03-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Yeah I'll find out. They are a new team going into Saturday 35's. The club already has 2 or 3 other teams in sat 35's so the new blokes got put in lowest spot as the teams already on the books knew their level.

The alternative was to have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade which opens up a whole other set of issues.

sammydog
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah I'll find out. They are a new team going into Saturday 35's. The club already has 2 or 3 other teams in sat 35's so the new blokes got put in lowest spot as the teams already on the books knew their level.

The alternative was to have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade which opens up a whole other set of issues.

There is only 4 divisions in Sat O35's (A and B are only 6 team comps) so they cant be too far off the money with the gradings.

Cant see any clubs with more than 2 teams in the sat comp though.

hawk
03-04-2016, 09:03 PM

nothin wrong with that, done many times and comes with much animosity. Dodging a grade because of same teams is ridic

btw no regrades in feds. live it love it

sammydog
03-04-2016, 09:07 PM
nothin wrong with that, done many times and comes with much animosity. Dodging a grade because of same teams is ridic

A long time ago (circa 2000-2005) we had two teams playing All Age A. Most heated games I have ever played in, didn't help you had siblings in each team, but they were nasty games.

Each time is was a blood fest as neither team back down from anything. Other teams must have loved having us the next week as there was often reds galore.

Good times really.

I guess it comes down to how well the teams know each other. In our case, we all knew each other really well and were operated by a year or two at school (a quiet a few years earlier). If they don't know each other that well, there isn't much of an issue.

plague
03-04-2016, 09:09 PM

btw no regrades in feds. live it love it

Oh I don't think the blokes give a shit which grade they get in they just were cracking up at the opposition guy trying to stack the deck in his own teams favour.

They got told that b,c and d were pretty much the same level anyway. I think our club wanted each team in a seperate grade.

hawk
04-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Oh I don't think the blokes give a shit which grade they get in they just were cracking up at the opposition guy trying to stack the deck in his own teams favour.

They got told that b,c and d were pretty much the same level anyway. I think our club wanted each team in a seperate grade.

with so many grades in A/A you probs should be able to spread out. o/35's sat no such luxury.

Asw
04-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Anyone still looking for an all age Saturday team? Could do with a few extra numbers, PM if interested

sammydog
11-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Draws are all on Sporting Pulse.

leftrightout
18-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Football season is starting, weather forecast for this weekend is rain, rain, rain! Typical!

Goatscheese
18-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Football season is starting, weather forecast for this weekend is rain, rain, rain! Typical!

And in true Newcastle style the grounds will be closed the moment it starts to sprinkle.

football_macigian23
18-04-2016, 09:12 PM
And in true Newcastle style the grounds will be closed the moment it starts to sprinkle.

Only two NCC grounds closed today so hopefully good signs..

Goatscheese
18-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Only two NCC grounds closed today so hopefully good signs..

I'm genuinely shocked, usually a ground is closed because someone split a bottle of water.

hawk
20-04-2016, 10:22 PM
newy council giving headaches as to what constitutes a goal. Over the line or past the post?

football_macigian23
20-04-2016, 11:37 PM
newy council giving headaches as to what constitutes a goal. Over the line or past the post?

:wtf: well done NCC.. how hard is it to do your job properly!

Concerned about the rain coming this weekend, who's betting there will be a fair few washouts come Saturday morning?

Goatscheese
20-04-2016, 11:49 PM

I thought the clubs marked out the grounds?

Goatscheese
20-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Concerned about the rain coming this weekend, who's betting there will be a fair few washouts come Saturday morning?

I know clubs and councils like to close grounds the moment a bottle of water is split, but with only a couple possible showers predicted to fall before the weekend I'm going to say the grounds will be open.

football_macigian23
20-04-2016, 11:56 PM

NCC do the initial mark out for the clubs but then they have to do it themselves or pay someone to do it..

football_macigian23
20-04-2016, 11:57 PM
I know clubs and councils like to close grounds the moment a bottle of water is split, but with only a couple possible showers predicted to fall before the weekend I'm going to say the grounds will be open.

2-10mm on Friday, 5-15mm on Saturday.. Might get some grounds closed. One of the clubs I was speaking to have a cricket pitch in the middle and said as soon as it rains/showers, it's too slippery so they'll have to call games off :angry:

sammydog
21-04-2016, 10:16 AM

I know we do, I'm about to spend the day line marking.

football_macigian23
21-04-2016, 03:09 PM
I know we do, I'm about to spend the day line marking.

Much easier to pay someone else to do it.. $70 per full field, $40 for 8-10's, $25 for 6-7's

plague
21-04-2016, 06:20 PM
if they made our blokes mark out white lines there'd be 12 blokes following behind trying to snort it up.

Goatscheese
21-04-2016, 07:56 PM
2-10mm on Friday, 5-15mm on Saturday.. Might get some grounds closed. One of the clubs I was speaking to have a cricket pitch in the middle and said as soon as it rains/showers, it's too slippery so they'll have to call games off :angry:

The amount of grounds in this town with a dirty cricket pitch in the middle is unbelievable. I never played on a ground with a cricket pitch on it till I moved here.

Goatscheese
21-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Much easier to pay someone else to do it.. $70 per full field, $40 for 8-10's, $25 for 6-7's

Maybe the club is paying Sammydog

plague
21-04-2016, 08:06 PM
The amount of grounds in this town with a dirty cricket pitch in the middle is unbelievable. I never played on a ground with a cricket pitch on it till I moved here.

Maybe you should have been a better player then you'd get to play at proper stadiums and stuff, or do you prefer grounds to be unused 6 months a year just so our pub teams get carpet like surfaces to play on?

Goatscheese
21-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Maybe you should have been a better player then you'd get to play at proper stadiums and stuff, or do you prefer grounds to be unused 6 months a year just so our pub teams get carpet like surfaces to play on?

I suggest you go back and read what I said. Regardless there are non-pub teams playing on pitches with cricket pitches in the middle of the field and in those other cities plenty of clubs with pub teams play on pitches that don't have a dirty cricket pitch on them.

Then again it's only here that I've seen how little facilities a lot of these clubs have here, even some of the NPL and other semi-professional clubs don't appear to even come close compared to cities of similar size (and smaller).

sammydog
21-04-2016, 09:09 PM

Our ground is not used 6 months a year, an unfortunately its far from a carpet like surface. Infuse a cricket pitch in the middle might actually give us some grass.

Where is this mythical carpet like surface?

plague
21-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Played on some beautiful surfaces like Edden, Wanderers, Uni and Tilligery in recent years.

Played on some goat tracks too.

Also met tonnes and tonnes of club people who work their guts out keeping clubs going so bozos like me get to have a kick and larf on a weekend.

The fact any of us get to play anywhere should be met with gratitude and humility. Who gives a toss if there's a cricket pitch or not. You new here? Welcome to Newy, there's a massive cricket community.

Enjoy your stay.

hawk
21-04-2016, 10:52 PM
yeah cricket can get fkd and should end their season 3 wks earlier so that the top sport can get the fields better or do drop in/out pitch.

Goatscheese
21-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Played on some beautiful surfaces like Edden, Wanderers, Uni and Tilligery in recent years.

Played on some goat tracks too.

Also met tonnes and tonnes of club people who work their guts out keeping clubs going so bozos like me get to have a kick and larf on a weekend.

The fact any of us get to play anywhere should be met with gratitude and humility. Who gives a toss if there's a cricket pitch or not. You new here? Welcome to Newy, there's a massive cricket community.

Enjoy your stay.

I'll enjoy it even with wankers like you around. The associations like to boast

And there is a difference about complaining about the quality within the area and complaining about the volunteers that do the best they can with what they have. I'm not even sure why you mentioned them, it's not their fault.

The fact is that cricket and football is played all over Australia and yet for some reason this appears one of the few areas where football is second to cricket and pitches are bang in the middle of fields, despite it apparently boasting the highest number of teams per capita.

And I'm not sure if Hawk is being sarcastic or not but I agree it is now only three weeks since the clubs officially got back control of the grounds and the season tomorrow.

plague
22-04-2016, 04:38 AM
And I'm not sure if Hawk is being sarcastic or not

Hawk is never sarcastic, Hawk always keeps it 100.

Hawk is also a billionaire with a supermodel wife.

I've never met the bloke but it was something that was said on the Internet so it is true.

plague
22-04-2016, 04:48 AM
The fact is that cricket and football is played all over Australia and yet for some reason this appears one of the few areas where football is second to cricket and pitches are bang in the middle of fields, despite it apparently boasting the highest number of teams per capita.

I read somewhere once that the cricket participation rates in Newy were some of the countries highest also so that's probably a big part of our conundrum.

As for volunteers I brought them up because at a majority of grounds teams are in charge of preparing their own turf wickets. In a perfect world every ground would have a turf pitch then a few weeks gap each year to ease it back for football use.

Sadly lack of resources means councils/grounds/volunteers resort to a low maintainence synthetic option to ease the workload.

The Postman
22-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Looking forward to a cold, rainy night in Seaham

hawk
22-04-2016, 06:15 PM
I read somewhere once that the cricket participation rates in Newy were some of the countries highest also so that's probably a big part of our conundrum.

As for volunteers I brought them up because at a majority of grounds teams are in charge of preparing their own turf wickets. In a perfect world every ground would have a turf pitch then a few weeks gap each year to ease it back for football use.

Sadly lack of resources means councils/grounds/volunteers resort to a low maintainence synthetic option to ease the workload.

volunteers keep this place moving. cheers to the teers.

Wait till a wet july night in Maito or terrace. the cods will shatter

plague
22-04-2016, 06:19 PM
volunteers keep this place moving. cheers to the teers.

Wait till a wet july night in Maito or terrace. the cods will shatter

amen to that, life aint perfect, but its pretty ****ing great here in Newy thanks the work of others.

Also:

Best of luck to everyone starting their season tomorrow, may you all have success*, lack of injuries and many many beers after the game.

*unless you're playing against me then i hope you lose 10-0 every game.

hawk
22-04-2016, 06:24 PM
btw i have enjoyed a season or 2 of local cricket, bloody awesome

now back to football.......any washouts yet?

sammydog
22-04-2016, 07:11 PM
btw i have enjoyed a season or 2 of local cricket, bloody awesome

now back to football.......any washouts yet?

Our ground at Garden Suburb was on tonight. As per the start of every season, the rain seems to have come just in time for kickoff. With the exception of some of the Hunter Valley grounds, I think the rain came too late to result in cancellations. Tomorrow may be a different story.

I'm expecting after this weekend that we can get on with playing football on a cow paddock. Our teams rely on the Suburbs bounce, and we need a few good wet weather games to really get the pitch uneven and bumpy.

Actually, we are lucky with the cricket pitches. Until we ripped it up a few weeks ago the pitch was actually between fields. Makes for a good spot to put benches, etc.

plague
23-04-2016, 08:13 AM
We off.
For some reason game for Plague Jnr is on.

Lend us a brolly someone?

Goatscheese
23-04-2016, 01:57 PM

That might fine except the soccer clubs in the NCC area officially only get given back control of the ground a few weeks before the season starts and certainly not enough time to repair the damage that has been caused.

football_macigian23
02-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Does anyone think they are a chance of playing football on Saturday? Forecast doesn't look good from lunch time onwards on Saturday.. If we don't get too much rain on Friday there may be some grounds going ahead. I know our fields are dry as a bone right now!

sammydog
03-06-2016, 07:09 AM
My worry for Saturday is that grounds will be fine in the morning when the decision is made, but will quickly deteriorate once the rain starts.

Our ground is normally just dirt at this time of the year, this season the grass is hanging in there. We only have one game on it tomorrow at 3pm and I can see it being soaked by then. Not really keen to see it trashed for one game but what can you do if the call is made 8hours earlier.

football_macigian23
03-06-2016, 11:05 AM
My worry for Saturday is that grounds will be fine in the morning when the decision is made, but will quickly deteriorate once the rain starts.

Our ground is normally just dirt at this time of the year, this season the grass is hanging in there. We only have one game on it tomorrow at 3pm and I can see it being soaked by then. Not really keen to see it trashed for one game but what can you do if the call is made 8hours earlier.

Can see this happening actually! Our first games are at 9 and last at 1:30.. Hopefully at least get a few in and then leave it up to the referees.. No football next weekend

sammydog
03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Can see this happening actually! Our first games are at 9 and last at 1:30.. Hopefully at least get a few in and then leave it up to the referees.. No football next weekend

On saturday our whole club is away, other than us at 3pm.

Knowing the forecast its going to be a tough call at 7am, will be interesting to see if clubs play it conservatively.

I think you are right, most grounds will be on until the ref's call it. I'm hoping my kids games sneak in before it gets too wet.

Sunday games though........no chance.

plague
19-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Was anyone out at Auston Oval Morisset yesterday arvo?

Some bloke went full Liam Neeson.

hawk
19-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Was anyone out at Auston Oval Morisset yesterday arvo?

Some bloke went full Liam Neeson.

Lets get the full stroy. full psycho throwing bins?

boz-monaut
19-06-2016, 11:57 AM
was someone taken his stuff?

plague
19-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Some all age game (heard it was j grade) Argy striker (who was killing it all game) got a regulation ankle tap on halfway facing his own goal. Absolute nothing challenge, free kick, away you go.
Except.
Striker dude had some words the defender was walking back with him it all seemed cool then 'snap' old mate has sucker punched the defender flush on the jaw (didn't drop him somehow) then those two squared up and went at it.
Then 'gigantor' came from the blue and took the striker down in some MMA type shit.
Then.
Striker gets up bleeding from the mouth and he wanted some vengeance (all the while the ref, who wasn't a proper ref, was trying to show him a red card), so old mate Edgy Liam Neeson stalked the sidelines asking anyone and everyone for a fight. The crowd, the players, the ground staff, some lady who told him to **** off, all got an invite for a scrap.
None of his own team even really tried to stop him, bloke was going nuts. Took about 15mins to get him in the sheds.
Anywell, I turned around half hour later (they finally got the game finished) and here he is on the hill behind us sinking beers staring everyone down, which of course was exactly what a bloke like that needed, alcohol.

Anyway if say it's his retirement party because if it goes to the judiciary he'll be having a break from proceedings.

Was superb entertainment, would recommend to friends. Long live All Age football.

boz-monaut
19-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Edgy or Argy?

plague
19-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Ahhh sorry. Am sure it was Edgy.

Black and red kit?

hawk
23-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Really should be charging some entry for these amazing scenes. At least get a beer and steak sanga to support the clubs.

where are we watching the next game Plague?

plague
24-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Really should be charging some entry for these amazing scenes. At least get a beer and steak sanga to support the clubs.

where are we watching the next game Plague?

Yeah I'll be hanging around town this weekend.
One weekend out at Morrisset is enough for one year.

Will no doubt find some nonsense no matter where we end up.

hawk
24-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah I'll be hanging around town this weekend.
One weekend out at Morrisset is enough for one year. Will no doubt find some nonsense no matter where we end up.

Sat - zpl New Lambton V Morri is the place to be.

plague
24-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Sat - zpl New Lambton V Morri is the place to be.

They sell full strength cans?

sammydog
24-06-2016, 09:26 PM

Get up to Garden Suburb on Sunday. Full Strength Cans and the best canteen around.

plague
24-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Get up to Garden Suburb on Sunday. Full Strength Cans and the best canteen around.

Sunday?
Geez Mr Dog, I've got a skin full to be had on Saturday first.
Let's deal with Sunday if/when I regain consciousness.

sammydog
24-06-2016, 10:05 PM
15 goals in our game last week. If you want a laugh at some horrendous defending (it wasn't because of solid attack) come watch some O35-A's.

Not sure if Cardiff run a canteen on beers at 4pm though.

football_macigian23
25-06-2016, 01:04 AM
Anyone here know of clubs that applied for semi's, finals etc? Pretty sure nominations closed this week?

sammydog
25-06-2016, 08:11 AM
We didn't, but only because we expect our surface to be rubbish by then.

Off season works should have us applying next season.

hawk
25-06-2016, 09:23 AM

of course, NL always roll out the barrel

sammydog
08-07-2016, 02:57 PM
How is everyones pitches looking for the weekend? Will the washout weekend be washed out?

There was a lot of standing water on Lance Yorke (Garden Suburb) yesterday when I was at the club, today is worse so the lines won't get dine until tomorrow. Looking at the forecast though with the rain backing off overnight and disappearing tomorrow, I would imagine our ground will be fine as the first game is not until 3pm and the drainage is generally pretty good.

Sunday it should be perfect for the Women and ZPL.

Goatscheese
08-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Some clubs have decided to go **** it and already close their grounds for the entire weekend, this culture in Newcastle that the slightest bit of rain means we can't play is only found here. Imagine if we were in the north of England, they would only get 3-4 games in a year.

sammydog
08-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Just looked at the closures, quiet a few across Newcastle and Lake Mac.

Our main ground should be fine, we will check in the morning, but if we had games up the top this weekend, there is no way they would be on. The water is about an inch deep on most of it.

Not sure about closing for the whole weekend already. Tomorrow is supposed to be OK, which is a decent amount of time for grounds to have a chance to dry out. Make the sunday call on sunday.

football_macigian23
08-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Myer Park was called out this afternoon.. Puddles all over it so no chance of clearing before 7 am tomorrow morning.. Probably one of the worst in Newcastle lol

football_macigian23
08-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Some clubs have decided to go **** it and already close their grounds for the entire weekend, this culture in Newcastle that the slightest bit of rain means we can't play is only found here. Imagine if we were in the north of England, they would only get 3-4 games in a year.

Speaking of closing grounds.. Look at the conditions we faced in Canberra at Kanga Cup this week.. https://www.facebook.com/MagicYouthFC/videos/vb.758151467566813/1068738996508057/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1467790379663085

RANGER09
08-07-2016, 09:09 PM
That's will have pretty much stuffed that ground for remainder of the season :dry:
Hope they have a good grounds keeper

Cunning stunts
01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
any news when the times and fields for finals allocation will be out?

sammydog
01-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Macquarie allocations are out.

Cunning stunts
01-08-2016, 03:05 PM
thanks

looks like the hunter is the only yet to be put online

newi24-2-08
01-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Macquarie allocations are out.

Any idea where we can find the link for this?

sammydog
01-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Any idea where we can find the link for this?

Ive just got an email from Macquarie, I'll put up the venues/grades later tonight when I have a bit more time.

football_macigian23
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
any news when the times and fields for finals allocation will be out?

Macquarie, Hunter & Newcastle have all been released

What grades are you looking for?

sammydog
01-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Macquarie, Hunter & Newcastle have all been released

What grades are you looking for?

I cant be bothered typing it all out, probably better if people nominate a grade and we can post from there.

Pretty happy for the first time in ages, we (Garden Suburb) are hosing finals again.

newi24-2-08
01-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I cant be bothered typing it all out, probably better if people nominate a grade and we can post from there.

Pretty happy for the first time in ages, we (Garden Suburb) are hosing finals again.

I was looking for Friday All Age/A and Saturday All Age/B if possible

sammydog
01-08-2016, 10:51 PM
I was looking for Friday All Age/A and Saturday All Age/B if possible

Don't take this as the final version, make sure you check the draw.

Fri All Age A

Semi Finals Friday 19th August, 8pm - Tenambit Sharks FC - Beryl Humble 1 and 2
Prelim Final Friday 26th August, 8pm - Cessnock - Turner Park
Grand Final Friday 2nd September, 8pm - Cessnock - Turner Park

Sat All Age B

Semi Finals Sat 20th August, 4:30pm - Thornton - A&D Lawrence 2
Prelim Final Sat 27th August,4:30pm - Greta Braxton - Miller Park 1
Grand Final Sat 3rd September, 4:30pm - Greta Braxton - Miller Park 1

Cunning stunts
02-08-2016, 08:22 AM
HI Can I please

get All Age Friday D grade

and over 35s G grade Friday night

evolution
02-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Hey sammydog... what's the draw for All Age N?

Cheers!

evolution
02-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Hey sammydog... what's the draw for All Age N?

Cheers!

Nevermind - details are now on the Fox Sports Pulse page (need to change the tab from Regular Season to Finals)

Cunning stunts
02-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Nevermind - details are now on the Fox Sports Pulse page (need to change the tab from Regular Season to Finals)

yeah all but the Hunter Valley allocations are on fox sports pulse

sammydog
02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
HI Can I please

get All Age Friday D grade

and over 35s G grade Friday night

Fri All Age D

Semi Finals Friday 19th August, 6pm - Tenambit Sharks FC - Beryl Humble 1 & 2
Prelim Final Friday 26th August, 6pm - Cessnock - Turner Park
Grand Final Friday 2nd September, 6pm - Cessnock Turner Park

Fri O35 G

Semi Finals Friday 19th August, 6pm Greta Braxton - Miller Park 1 & 2
Prelim Final Friday 26th August, 6pm - Tenambit Sharks FC - Beryl Humble 1
Grand Final Friday 2nd September, 6pm - Rutherford FC - Norm Chapman 1

frankiechav
02-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Hi Sammydog, any idea on the O35's Friday B Grade finals allocations...please, cheers.

hawk
02-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Fri All Age D
Prelim Final Friday 26th August, 6pm - Cessnock - Turner Park
Grand Final Friday 2nd September, 6pm - Cessnock Turner Park

odd. Rarely does a grade play finals then GF at same ground

A/A B has prelim and GF at Miller Pk. there you go

sammydog
02-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Hi Sammydog, any idea on the O35's Friday B Grade finals allocations...please, cheers.

Semi Finals Friday 19th August, 8pm - Toronto Finnan Oval 1 and 2
Prelim Final Friday 26th August, 8pm - Dudley Redhead, Liles Oval 2
Grand Final Friday 2nd September, 8pm - Belmont, Marks Oval 2

odd. Rarely does a grade play finals then GF at same ground

Seems to be just the Hunter Valley allocations done that way. Not in all grades though.

leftrightout
22-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Looks to be a bit of rain around this week, hopefully all games still get played.
If they don't do they just put the higher ranked team through?

sammydog
22-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Looks to be a bit of rain around this week, hopefully all games still get played.

A few seasons ago the major and minor Semi's for scrapped and they changed their format.

I'd say this weekend the fields would have to be horrible to call it off. We are hosting at Garden Suburb all weekend and I be unlikely to call it off unless the ref or association does.

Worst of the rain is Tuesday/Wed so I think it will be fine.

Goatscheese
22-08-2016, 08:38 PM

That's what they did a couple years ago.

football_macigian23
22-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Was talking to Russell Henry at Newcastle today and they have plans to move matches to other grounds (Nelson Bay, Terrace etc) if it gets bad..

leftrightout
24-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Was talking to Russell Henry at Newcastle today and they have plans to move matches to other grounds (Nelson Bay, Terrace etc) if it gets bad..

They might need to, this rain forecast was originaly coming Monday and easing by wednesday. Now saying could rain until friday/saturday as it hasn't really hit yet.
Lets keep fingers crossed it just doesn't eventuate!

Cunning stunts
02-09-2016, 08:11 AM
whats the plan if the rain calls off grandfinals this weekend?

leftrightout
02-09-2016, 04:05 PM
whats the plan if the rain calls off grandfinals this weekend?

Any word on this yet? Will they get all games on this weekend? 35s and All Age tonight have to be in doubt don't they?

plague
02-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Games will be fine. Rain supposed to be gone tonight then windy tomorrow so will help dry out.

Shame though, someone told us higher place gets the chocolates if it's called off.

We were minor prems and def going to get smashed tomoz if we play.

RAIN DAMNIT RAIN!!!!!!!

Thomas477
02-09-2016, 06:02 PM
John St Oval has been called off tonight.

football_macigian23
02-09-2016, 08:37 PM
John St Oval has been called off tonight.

What a joke.. It hasn't rained that much and to call of grand finals?? Even if they are preserving for tomorrow! They're grand finals FFS

sammydog
02-09-2016, 09:16 PM
What a joke.. It hasn't rained that much and to call of grand finals?? Even if they are preserving for tomorrow! They're grand finals FFS

Warners Bay is normally a lot worse than our ground, and today was a rare day that our ground was actually under water (the other day in recent memory being last fridays prelim finals).

I called it at lunch time that Warners Bay would be off.

I hope its only because its dangerous, not to preserve a pitch on the last weekend of the season.

football_macigian23
02-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Warners Bay is normally a lot worse than our ground, and today was a rare day that our ground was actually under water (the other day in recent memory being last fridays prelim finals).

I called it at lunch time that Warners Bay would be off.

I hope its only because its dangerous, not to preserve a pitch on the last weekend of the season.

Cant see them playing tomorrow then..

Will be interesting to see Macquaries back up plan

At least Newcastle are at Tilligerry and Nelson Bay!

sammydog
02-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Cant see them playing tomorrow then..

Will be interesting to see Macquaries back up plan

At least Newcastle are at Tilligerry and Nelson Bay!

I'll be interested to see what happens tomorrow.

I've heard rumours ranging from tonights game will be sunday arvo through to they will be on monday night. If saturday is off as well, who knows.

Last weekend we just left it up to the referees to make the call. There is six months for us to repair the pitch. I was surprised the second friday night game went ahead, and a few coaches weren't happy on saturday morning, but thats football.

football_macigian23
03-09-2016, 04:19 PM
I'll be interested to see what happens tomorrow.

I've heard rumours ranging from tonights game will be sunday arvo through to they will be on monday night. If saturday is off as well, who knows.

Last weekend we just left it up to the referees to make the call. There is six months for us to repair the pitch. I was surprised the second friday night game went ahead, and a few coaches weren't happy on saturday morning, but thats football.

Russell Henry said they are playing the Friday night games on Monday night

Retro Jet
03-09-2016, 06:10 PM
AA/J
Cookers 2 v Sth Cardiff 1
Party on lads! :thumbsup:

hawk
03-09-2016, 07:09 PM
AA/C
Cardiff City d Valo 5-4 on Pens

Last pen Cardiff keeper pushes ball onto posts, bounces out and spins slowly towards goal line. Ref blows full time then rolls untouched in net. goal or no goal?

scenes and red cards follow. #magicoftheGF

Shere Khan
03-09-2016, 08:29 PM
A lot of the older Cardiff crew were there and we all thought it was a goal. So did our keeper in fact if he got to he's feet again he could of easily made the save as it took ages to go in.
Not sure what ref was thinking.
Feel for Valo but refs call.

hawk
03-09-2016, 10:15 PM
So AA/B Fri night GF Gresford (2nd) 12 d 0 Tenambit (1st). wtf happened there?

sammydog
04-09-2016, 08:33 AM
So AA/B Fri night GF Gresford (2nd) 12 d 0 Tenambit (1st). wtf happened there?

Thats my brothers comp, Gresford knocked our club out last week 5-4 with their winner coming in the final 30sec in diabolical conditions. Ref did well to let the game continue.

I'll ask if any of our club went to watch the game?

sammydog
04-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Thats my brothers comp, Gresford knocked our club out last week 5-4 with their winner coming in the final 30sec in diabolical conditions. Ref did well to let the game continue.

I'll ask if any of our club went to watch the game?

Just had it confirmed the score was 1-0 to Gresford.

hawk
04-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Just had it confirmed the score was 1-0 to Gresford.

cheers lol

plague
04-09-2016, 01:37 PM
AA/C
Cardiff City d Valo 5-4 on Pens

Last pen Cardiff keeper pushes ball onto posts, bounces out and spins slowly towards goal line. Ref blows full time then rolls untouched in net. goal or no goal?

scenes and red cards follow. #magicoftheGF

One of my mates was in the City team. He is good people.

anfield
07-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Any all age players or groups looking for a run in zone league 3 with Dudley Redhead United Football club email drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com.au

Rutho_luke
22-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Looking for expressions of interest in a one day knockout comp to be held in March 2017 at Rutherford FC to celebrate our 50th year. Looking for a min of 12 teams in a 7 a side setup with prize money up for grabs.

Contact me on here for details

Luke
Club coach

AVB
02-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Cooks Hill United FC

Zone League 1

Cooks Hill United FC are seeking expressions of interest for 1st Grade Head coach for the 2017 Zone League season. Cooks Hill United has a proud history of success over the last decade in Zone league. Since Cooks Hills promotion to ZL1 in 2015 no team has failed to make the semi-finals, with first grade recording two top 2 finishes, reserve grade recording 2 Grand Final wins and third grade winning the minor premiership in 2016.
Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.

For more details contact Lee on 0412 776 542