PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Zone League 3 thread

Pages : 1 [2]

la bazzle
20-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know when Azzuri vs. Kahibah match is taking place? I wouldn't mind watching that obe.

Tuesday 26th I think I last heard

Kyleshazz
21-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Game of the round mayfield hosting Azzuri. Good opportunity for mayfield to get the monkey off there back after azzuris big lose against Argy. My tips mayfield

la bazzle
22-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Game of the round mayfield hosting Azzuri. Good opportunity for mayfield to get the monkey off there back after azzuris big lose against Argy. My tips mayfield

With only 15 blokes available I wouldn't be too surprised! :rof:. I'd chuck a sneaky lobster on it

Kyleshazz
22-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Dropping off like flies after there humiliating lose on the weekend? 😂😂

la bazzle
22-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Dropping off like flies after there humiliating lose on the weekend? ����

:rof::rof: nah most of ressies are still in shock from seeing a grown man cry. Poor 1sts have to double up as punishment

Kyleshazz
22-07-2016, 05:52 PM
I'd prefer to play with a bloke with heart and may of cried then get up and still score goals against you boys. then a ****wit that can't shake hands after a game. That's worst the crying.... Bad sportsman ship.

Kyleshazz
22-07-2016, 05:56 PM
At the end of the day talk is cheap, where in the business end of the season and when you walk away from an away fixture with 6 points. You'll know who's laughing 😉

newyjet
24-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Just out of curiosity, of the 70 argy have scored so far how many has the big man up front scored

Inside left
24-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Results from yesterdays game Argy v Kahibah

Reggies: Kahibah 3-1
Firsts: 0-0

la bazzle
25-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Kahibah looking like the form team at the mo. Big game Tuesday night

LeKobe
25-07-2016, 04:11 PM
I'd have to disagree sorry. And don't take my tune as 'favourable' or alike, but I don't think you can ever really say there's been a side more 'in-form' than a team that hasn't lost, as Argenton have yet done. You're basically saying any team that can scrape any kind of points in a game against Argenton is 'in-form' following a their 0-0 draw. And if that's the thought process then would it not make sense that Argenton are still the form side at the moment? I don't want to sound like I'm blowing wind up their butt, or discouraging Kahibah (I think they're a huge chance of potentially winning the whole thing). But I would seriously reconsider calling them the 'form side' at the moment considering how far they're off the top, and the fact that the most recent result was a scoreless draw.

LeKobe
25-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I'd have to disagree sorry. And don't take my tune as 'favourable' or alike, but I don't think you can ever really say there's been a side more 'in-form' than a team that hasn't lost, as Argenton have yet done. You're basically saying any team that can scrape any kind of points in a game against Argenton is 'in-form' following a their 0-0 draw. And if that's the thought process then would it not make sense that Argenton are still the form side at the moment? I don't want to sound like I'm blowing wind up their butt, or discouraging Kahibah (I think they're a huge chance of potentially winning the whole thing). But I would seriously reconsider calling them the 'form side' at the moment considering how far they're off the top, and the fact that the most recent result was a scoreless draw.

In saying all that ^ I'm very much looking forward to their game with Azzuri tomorrow night. Should be a cracker. LOL

LeKobe
27-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Anyone got the results from last night's match? I wasn't able to make in the end.

NewyTy
28-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Anyone got the results from last night's match? I wasn't able to make in the end.

Azzurri got up 2-1. Hard-fought is what I was told. Be an interesting finals series in this comp.

salmon
28-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Azzurri got up 2-1. Hard-fought is what I was told. Be an interesting finals series in this comp.

For "Hard fought" see Kahibah repeatedly attempts to kick daylights out of team containing far more technically gifted players :rof:

In all seriousness though, from what I've seen of Kahibah over both games, and Bolwarra in the second round particularly. Both those teams have potential to cause real problems, which should make for a really entertaining finals series. :thumbsup:

BP Super Dynamos
30-07-2016, 10:35 PM
RAAF v Rams @ Lakeside
Res 2-0 RAAF
1st 6-2 Rams
Nice facilities out at the Terrace, shame there was no hot water

onlooker
30-07-2016, 10:42 PM
RAAF v Rams @ Lakeside
Res 2-0 RAAF
1st 6-2 Rams
Nice facilities out at the Terrace, shame there was no hot water
I'm sure it didn't bother you princess can't remember you ever using them at tenambit. 😜😜

BP Super Dynamos
31-07-2016, 09:57 AM
I was one of the few who actually deserved a shower during those 2 seasons

Charman
31-07-2016, 10:16 AM
We were lucky, played raaf up there when it was a stinkin hot day. No hot water needed.
Im going to go there. RAAF have given up in 1st and are stacking res. Results in recent times back it up as does the players on the field. You can all shoot me down but it is my opinion. Its a poor decision and does nothing for development or improvement for next year. Leaked 24 goals in 1st in last 4 games and they had mayfield in that mix, could've been 35 against. How does that help the poor blokes being thrown in for a whipping each week?

onlooker
31-07-2016, 11:07 AM
I was one of the few who actually deserved a shower during those 2 seasons
Yeah true was a lean two years, but looks like you've found yourself a nice home at the Rams and in with a shout of finals.

Brown town
31-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Bolwarra vs edgy
Reggies Rangers 3-0
Good quality game. Tight first half. Edgy lost a couple of plauers to injury. Hope the bloke who did his knee is doing alright. Nasty accident. Rangers put 2 more on in the second half and look forward to a tough game against raaf in the last round.
1st rangers 1-0
Very competitive and even game. Rangers probably had the better of it in the 1st half. Edgy probably had the better of it in the second. Though the gers scored through Dan Stoneman to seal a 1-0 and will look the wrap up a finals place last round against the raaf.
Great day for the gers celebrating our old boys day.

BP Super Dynamos
31-07-2016, 06:52 PM
We were lucky, played raaf up there when it was a stinkin hot day. No hot water needed.
Im going to go there. RAAF have given up in 1st and are stacking res. Results in recent times back it up as does the players on the field. You can all shoot me down but it is my opinion. Its a poor decision and does nothing for development or improvement for next year. Leaked 24 goals in 1st in last 4 games and they had mayfield in that mix, could've been 35 against. How does that help the poor blokes being thrown in for a whipping each week?
I'd have agreed, but half of reggies backed up and started firsts on Saturday. I daresay RAAF are short on numbers currently.

Prince Planet
31-07-2016, 11:06 PM
I just heard that there was a big upset this afternoon and Dudley-Redhead beat Hamilton Azzuri 3-0.
I think Argy could just about declare now. But they have Dudley-Redhead next week, although their final game is against Mayfield.
For me, an interesting stat is that they have only conceded 3 goals at home this season.

Pierre Essers
31-07-2016, 11:23 PM
I just heard that there was a big upset this afternoon and Dudley-Redhead beat Hamilton Azzuri 3-0.
I think Argy could just about declare now. But they have Dudley-Redhead next week, although their final game is against Mayfield.
For me, an interesting stat is that they have only conceded 3 goals at home this season.

Give credit to them - at least Hamilton went down fighting.
It's a shame their handbags were better than the football on offer.

anfield
01-08-2016, 10:15 AM

Good result yesterday, Dudley played well and deserved to win by 3. In saying that, Azzurri battled hard and made the Dudley keeper pull off a couple of good saves.
Unfortunately Dudley saved their best result for well into the season, If that form was shown earlier then they could have been sitting higher on the table. But thats football, results dont just happen.
Dudley need to keep winning to have any chance of finals football. We also need raaf to beat bolwarra. Judging by raafs results of late, that doesn't look good. Hopefully raaf can show something in firsts.

Fiery end to yesterdays match, will leave it at that

LeKobe
01-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Well done to Dudley!!! A Massive upset there. It seems They've played well against a lot of the better teams when they've brought their 'A' game, but Unfortunately for them, their 'A' game wasn't brought every week.

Argenton have officially wrapped up the premiership and promotion then given that Mayfield don't cause an incredible upset this week. Amazing achievement for them especially being their first season in Zone League. I think we'd all agree they've been a real classy side this year.

Looks certain for the top 4 to stay the same as well though.
1. Argenton
2. Azzuri
3. Kahibah
4. Bolwarra

Given the results throughout the year, I'd say the finals series will be extremely entertaining. Anyone have knowledge on how the finals scheduling is done? (Eg. Which days and when reserve grade is played and How is the venue for the Grand Final decided?)

ranger
01-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Grand final is at West Wallsend - Johnson Park

riverboy
01-08-2016, 06:11 PM

Who knows what raaf are doing. Hopefully they know more about protecting Australia then football.
If they are stacking reserves I hope they get flogged and miss out.
If they do make it, I would be checking which players are eligible to start finals if I was playing them. That will stuff em

RANGER09
01-08-2016, 06:38 PM
I think you will find it is more a numbers issue with the RAAF rather than stacking reserve grade

E.J.S.C ZL
01-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Anyone have knowledge on how the finals scheduling is done? (Eg. Which days and when reserve grade is played and How is the venue for the Grand Final decided?)[/QUOTE]

With semi's if the table stays as is it should be:
Week 1
Saturday 4th vs 1st at Bolwarra
1st Grade Bolwarra (H) vs Argenton (A)
2nd Grade RAAF (H) vs Bolwarra (A)
Sunday 3rd vs 2nd at Kahibah
1st Grade Kahibah (H) vs Hamilton (A)
2nd Grade Kahibah (H) vs Argenton (A)

Week 2
Saturday 2nd vs 3rd at Hamilton
1st Grade Hamilton (H) vs Kahibah (A)
2nd Grade Argenton (H) vs Kahibah (A)
Sunday 1st vs 4th at Argenton
1st Grade Argenton (H) vs Bolwarra (A)
2nd Grade Bolwarra (H) vs RAAF (A)

RANGER09
02-08-2016, 01:34 PM
looks like you have it downpat already :)
From Zone football rules & regulations -
Fixtures will be played on the following basis –
Week 1, 4 v 1 Saturday; 3 v 2 Sunday
Week 2, 1 v 4 Sunday; 2 v 3 Saturday - applies to all Grades.

from my understanding the 3 assocaitons get together and allocate a ground from each area to host the Zone Grand Finals. And to provide a good venue they choose NPL standard grounds.
I havn't seen the allocations this year but looks like they may be out already going off some of the posts already up.

WFC_ZL
02-08-2016, 01:43 PM
from my understanding the 3 assocaitons get together and allocate a ground from each area to host the Zone Grand Finals. And to provide a good venue they choose NPL standard grounds.
I havn't seen the allocations this year but looks like they may be out already going off some of the posts already up.

Grand Finals venues

Saturday 10th September
League One – Macquarie Field – Speers Point

Saturday 10th September
League Two – Lisle Carr Oval Recreation Av, Whitebridge.

Saturday 10th September
League Three – Johnson Park – West Wallsend

Sunday 11th September.
Premier – Adamstown Oval – Adamstown

RANGER09
02-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Cheers

Charman
06-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Dudley v kahibah res only 1-2.
Good, competitive match, couldn't take a few chances and kahibah deserved win. Not sure why irish carried on like such a f---wit at the end, couldn't even shake hands? Poor form from a sore winner.The game was played in good spirits. Refs were good, only had em due to jeso called off.
Snr ref called 1st off just on kick off. Pitch was wet but not dangerous. It was mushy, not slippery, for mine wrong decision but have to go with the call. Res now rely on other results to make semis, not ideal.

BP Super Dynamos
07-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Rams v Azzurri @ Orange St
Reserves 0-0
1sts 2-1 Abermain

Kyleshazz
07-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Mayfeild v argy
6-0 to Argy in reserve grade
17-1 to Argy in first grade.
With Argy taking out the minor premiership

Shelltoes
07-08-2016, 07:31 PM
I'd have agreed, but half of reggies backed up and started firsts on Saturday. I daresay RAAF are short on numbers currently.

Yeah, the RAAF have up to 16 players away for weeks during this season, with plenty still out. That would hurt any team in the comp.

E.J.S.C ZL
07-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Edgeworth vs RAAF
1st Grade 5-0 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 1-1

riverboy
08-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Rams v Azzurri @ Orange St
Reserves 0-0
1sts 2-1 Abermain

Azzurri might have towelled us up twice but are they officially in a slump. Been pretty quiet la dumb?

BP Super Dynamos
08-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Azzurri were low on numbers Saturday. Pretty sure there were only 4, maybe 5 players for 1st grade who didn't take part in reggies. They'll be minus 2 more next round after a couple of send offs

Inside left
08-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Azzurri were low on numbers Saturday. Pretty sure there were only 4, maybe 5 players for 1st grade who didn't take part in reggies. They'll be minus 2 more next round after a couple of send offs

Heard that there were multiple send offs on both sides in Azzuri vs Abermain with crowd troubles. What happened there??

la bazzle
08-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Azzurri might have towelled us up twice but are they officially in a slump. Been pretty quiet la dumb?

La Dumb :rof::rof: brilliant. We've been ridic low on first graders but still agreed definitely a slump. Better then a season long slump I guess.

Less said about dramas yesterday probably the better.

hawk
08-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Grand Finals venues

Saturday 10th September
League One – Macquarie Field – Speers Point

Saturday 10th September
League Two – Lisle Carr Oval Recreation Av, Whitebridge.

Saturday 10th September
League Three – Johnson Park – West Wallsend

Sunday 11th September.
Premier – Adamstown Oval – Adamstown

Wish there was a way to see L1, 2, 3 Gfs.

Maybe start L1 3rds 1pm, Res 3pm and 1st 5pm as a twilight fixture under lights. It can be pretty warm by this time of year. Could at least see 2 or 3 then go to L1.

BP Super Dynamos
08-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Heard that there were multiple send offs on both sides in Azzuri vs Abermain with crowd troubles. What happened there??

No crowd troubles. 80 minutes of niggling finally exploded with a couple of punches, followed by the usual all in scuffle. Not much more to report than that. Apart from the initial bust up, it was handbags at 20 paces

riverboy
08-08-2016, 07:49 PM
No crowd troubles. 80 minutes of niggling finally exploded with a couple of punches, followed by the usual all in scuffle. Not much more to report than that. Apart from the initial bust up, it was handbags at 20 paces

Abermain were alot better to play second round on the field. A few wankers in the crowd, one or two in particular like to stir the pot.

A little harder to comment on azzurri, they towelled us twice. They do have a couple of wankers at the back, one guy has a short temper. Called me a couple of names that I cant repeat. Strange considering the score to them at the time. My bet he was involved. Abermain fans would have liked him.

hawk
08-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Bellbird was the same. Something in the air out there

Kyleshazz
08-08-2016, 10:23 PM
If you can't handle the banter from the Crowds don't play football.

la bazzle
09-08-2016, 09:45 AM
If you can't handle the banter from the Crowds don't play football.

Couldn't agree more. As long as it stays as banter.

mrfootball
09-08-2016, 05:35 PM
looks like the zone league sides are now finding out about the azzurri that those of us who played them in all age know.

Very reliant on a few good 'vip' mates dropping back to play for them, or guest starring under a fake name.

Also a bunch of absolute flogs who are very capable of giving out banter and rough play but very incapable of copping either back without making it a fight/personal slander.

Good to see them being found out at every level.

Glad they arent in all age anymore.

Jardelsimage
09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Very reliant on a few good 'vip' mates dropping back to play for them, or guest starring under a fake name..[/QUOTE]

New rules next year I hear, 12 months for teams that do the VIP thing.

hawk
09-08-2016, 08:59 PM
photo id would end that when the teams line up each week. lazy fks wont enforce it

salmon
10-08-2016, 09:06 AM
looks like the zone league sides are now finding out about the azzurri that those of us who played them in all age know.

Very reliant on a few good 'vip' mates dropping back to play for them, or guest starring under a fake name.

Also a bunch of absolute flogs who are very capable of giving out banter and rough play but very incapable of copping either back without making it a fight/personal slander.

As far as the banter and slander goes, yep several players do fly a bit too close to the sun and walk a fine line, but I seen worse in other teams. With the not being able to cop it back, well it seems you are no different in that regard, as it has driven you to coming on here and having a whinge. Not exactly what I would call "copping it well".

With the "VIP Player" situation, as you call it. This has absolutely no substance whatsoever. Just because you heard your All Age Q mate say it down at the pub one night after copping a flogging from them, doesn't make it true and definitely doesn't give you licence to come out with a serious claim and no genuine information to back it up. If you can provide legit evidence of a VIP player occurring this year, actual names of ring ins, what match they played etc. I'll give it to you and eat my words. Furthermore if you did have that relevant information, you'd better served taking it to the association than talking out your a*se and sooking on here.

However, I am much closer to the fact and know that you don't have any of that information, because I know no such incident has occurred.

the_butcher
13-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Good to see them being found out at every level.

Glad they arent in all age anymore.

Someone get this big girls blouse a box of tissues :rof:

The funniest thing about this post is that I think you are referring to the infamous Ryan Clarke fill-in incident of 2015. If so, you do realise that he was playing for Adamstown All Age and not Azzurri? Hahahaha

Glad their not in All Age anymore? Azzurri has something like 11 All Age teams sorry to inform you. Looks like you'll have to cry into your pillow for a little longer :rof:

mrfootball: azzurri's bitch since at least 2015 :rof::rof::rof:

the_butcher
13-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but huge congratulations to Argy for taking out the premiership. Best team all year!

How does everyone think the semis will play out?
What does the table look like? Will it be:
1. Argy
2. Azzurri/Kahibah
3. Azzurri/Kahibah
4. Bolwarra

????

Personally I reckon Bolwarra are a really good chance of taking it out. Probably the best footballing side in the competition.

anfield
17-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Last nights first grade catch up game
Kahibah 2
Dudley 1

the_butcher
17-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Last nights first grade catch up game
Kahibah 2
Dudley 1

That knocks Abermain out, right?

la bazzle
17-08-2016, 04:39 PM
That knocks Abermain out, right?

Nope. Abermain 1 point behind Bolwarra

Last round

RAAF v Bolwarra
Kahibah v Abermain

anfield
18-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Nope. Abermain 1 point behind Bolwarra

Last round

RAAF v Bolwarra
Kahibah v Abermain

Abermain chances depend on what raaf do with their squad?? By all reports they have struggled to have anymore then18-20 available for each game, both grades.

Tough, yeah we have all had to do it. But one of our guys watched a raaf game recently, he noticed that raafs better players featured in reserves only. He also noticed that raafs weaker players featured in first grade only.

Only a observation , but a little disappointing if correct. Raafs results in firsts have been ordinary, but their reserves results have been quite good.

Apart from that, not really fair to all other clubs and devalues first grade a little???

BP Super Dynamos
21-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Kahibah v Abermain
Reggies 3-2
1sts 5 or 6 nil
Tough day for the Rams with only 16 players for 2 grades. All the best to the sides in semi finals. Cheers to all for an enjoyable season. On a side note, does anyone know how many weeks the Azzurri lads got after their send offs against us 2 weeks ago?

Kyleshazz
21-08-2016, 09:53 PM
I heard they got two weeks

BP Super Dynamos
22-08-2016, 09:46 AM
2 of ours copped 3 weeks and another got 6 weeks. I'd go on a rant, but we all know that'll achieve sweet fa. I'll just say the whole incident was poorly handled by the referee and his inspector.

riverboy
22-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I heard they got two weeks

Azzurru worst behaved team in comp, association and club need to address this and kick the couple of idiots out. If club doesnt and they continue then there's no place for them in zone league football. Simple

Charman
23-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Credit to Argie on the weekend. Had their old boys day, attracted a large crowd (for L3) and not a single issue between the two sides. Crowd happy to watch football, sink a few waters and enjoy the day. Club ref did ok too.
Well done on promotion first year in. Well done to 3 new teams making finals first year in, Argie, Bolwarra in both grades and Azzuri in 1st.
Kahibah have shown vast improvement and also present in both grades.
Interesting finals coming up, good score to Kahibah and Bolwarra having both their teams fortunate enough to play on the same day at the same venue.

anfield
23-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Credit to Argenton, 16 games unbeaten, Now the challenge of finals football. But first year in to have that run is quite amazing considering its a decent league 3 comp.

It may have been different if argenton keeper didnt stop two good opportunities for dudley on weekend. Credit also to Dudley reserves who snuck into finals on goal difference. They take the underdogs tag for now.

Firsts, hard to go past Argenton.

What the hell happened the other week Abermain v azzurri???

Football lover
23-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Credit to Argie on the weekend. Had their old boys day, attracted a large crowd (for L3) and not a single issue between the two sides. Crowd happy to watch football, sink a few waters and enjoy the day. Club ref did ok too.
Well done on promotion first year in. Well done to 3 new teams making finals first year in, Argie, Bolwarra in both grades and Azzuri in 1st.
Kahibah have shown vast improvement and also present in both grades.
Interesting finals coming up, good score to Kahibah and Bolwarra having both their teams fortunate enough to play on the same day at the same venue.

I thought the referee done a good job also decent level of football for zone league 3.. There was a Sticky situation when there was a bit of a push and shove he handled it very very well. Credit to the bloke in the middle I've seen him Play before anybody know him?

Best of luck to all teams in the semis may the best team win.

the_butcher
23-08-2016, 04:01 PM
This thread is pretty boring so time to spice it up a bit!

So far I would have to say my predictions arent too far from the mark. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary. Bolwarra are a handy team so will expect them to be up there come semis.

My prediction for top 4:
1. Argy
2. Azzurri
3. Kahibah
4. bolwarra

Thoughts?

Geez I was pretty close!

Really looking forward to seeing how the finals play out. I think if Azzurri are finally able to get anywhere near their full strength team on the park they will be hard to beat...

Seeing as I predicting the top 4, I'll have a crack at the how the semis will play out:
Bolwarra to shock the comp and knock Argy out over the two legs.
Azzurri to beat Kahibah home and away.
Bolwarra complete the dream by beating Azzurri 1-0 in the GF.

Buckle up lads and best of luck!

Charman
27-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Res.
1-1 bol / dudley.
1st was 0-0 1/2 time, not sure final score. Was pretty even, bolwara maybe just had the better 1/2.
Kyleshazz, score update?

hawk
28-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Geez its semis, at least mention both teams and the home team in the scores.

Charman
28-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Res was dudley(4th) home team v bolwara (1st) 1-1
1st was bolwara (4th) home team v argie (1st) 0-0.
That ok Hawk?

fresh
28-08-2016, 06:58 PM
1-1 azzuri kahibah. Shit happens in football but I just want to say that pre meditated illegal tackles are for grubs. Azzuri bloke kept having words to a kahibah player . Kahibah player finally spoke back and next tackle the azzuri guy is in studs up . He got ankle with one foot and knee with the other and caused a knee injury. Will find out tomorrow the damage. The kahibah player involved is a professional athlete in another sport and just plays soccer for fitness when not racing so lets hope he is okay. Filthy team!

Charman
28-08-2016, 08:22 PM
1-1 azzuri kahibah. Shit happens in football but I just want to say that pre meditated illegal tackles are for grubs. Azzuri bloke kept having words to a kahibah player . Kahibah player finally spoke back and next tackle the azzuri guy is in studs up . He got ankle with one foot and knee with the other and caused a knee injury. Will find out tomorrow the damage. The kahibah player involved is a professional athlete in another sport and just plays soccer for fitness when not racing so lets hope he is okay. Filthy team!
Centre back?

BP Super Dynamos
28-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Centre back would've been suspended following his send off v Abermain

Kyleshazz
28-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Yeah number 4 played he's name is gab.. I was under the impression he got a 2 match suspension so I was confused why he was playing as well. He if the biggest grub in the game, put him on his ass and he crumbles like a little school girl.

salmon
28-08-2016, 09:17 PM

Sorry mate, cannot disagree with this any more than I do. Yes the player in question does go in strong, however your claim of pre-meditated is ludicrous. Ball was won in the tackle and you claiming that one foot connected with the knee is a flat-out lie. The referee and linesman (that was only yards from the tackle) didn't even deem the tackle a free-kick he got so much ball, and the referee was pulling up some of the softest fouls I have ever seen. Nobody wants to see an injury, and I sincerely hope that old mate is okay and there is no lasting damage. However your description is way-out of line and only looking to cause trouble.

Other than that, well done to Kahibah, really good goal scored by you and looking forward to the return leg.

number4
28-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Yeah number 4 played he's name is gab.. I was under the impression he got a 2 match suspension so I was confused why he was playing as well. He if the biggest grub in the game, put him on his ass and he crumbles like a little school girl.

Thanks for the shout out guys, I feel privileged to get a personal mention. Please remind me how many fouls I gave away today? Oh yeah, 1 - for a bit of shoulder to shoulder. If you can't handle the banter or hard (clean) tackles on the field, I suggest playing All Age. All of this sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me. But anyways, great goal and look forward to seeing you guys next week.

fresh
28-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Yeah cb #4 the one that hurls abuse at every player he marks all game. If only he could run as fast as his mouth moves.

hawk
28-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Res was dudley(4th) home team v bolwara (1st) 1-1
1st was bolwara (4th) home team v argie (1st) 0-0.
That ok Hawk?

beautiful. can always depend on you...

interesting game at the azzuz today. should be a belter next week. bol 4th did a good job to hold argy 1st out.

btw playing football (any grade) for fitness only is not a good idea. it's great for reconstructions, physio bills, getting glory or embarrassed and working up a thirst. hope the fella is ok.

pv4
29-08-2016, 08:11 AM
btw playing football (any grade) for fitness only is not a good idea. it's great for reconstructions, physio bills, getting glory or embarrassed and working up a thirst. hope the fella is ok.

Exactly. I assume we all hope this "professional athlete" is not injured from however legal or nasty said challenge was, but hopefully he's gone into football (and zone leagues ffs - the leagues filled with ex NEWFM players who are too old & slow now) fully knowing the risks.

riverboy
29-08-2016, 09:01 AM

I agree, a grub, germ, parasite all the above. So why was he playing if he was suspended? Guys like him shouldn't be playing, only give the sport, his club a bad name. Sooner azzurri kick him out the better. Was he the one that copped it at abermain???

Anyway might go watch Saturday, off season now for us but I might jump on kahibah bandwagon.

fresh
29-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Exactly. I assume we all hope this "professional athlete" is not injured from however legal or nasty said challenge was, but hopefully he's gone into football (and zone leagues ffs - the leagues filled with ex NEWFM players who are too old & slow now) fully knowing the risks.

Yes your right but try telling someone that races moterbikes at 300km/h in world championships that soccer is a dangerous hobby lol 😂 It may not have been on purpose but when they have already had words and 3 other teams have warned people about that exact player being dirty. Its hard not to get suspicious isn't it!

Wilso8948
29-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Yes your right but try telling someone that races moterbikes at 300km/h in world championships that soccer is a dangerous hobby lol �� It may not have been on purpose but when they have already had words and 3 other teams have warned people about that exact player being dirty. Its hard not to get suspicious isn't it!

Lorenzo plays for Kahibah? mad. Wonder how he finds the time?

Inside left
29-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Hey all, just letting everyone know that Kahibah's "home game" semi on Saturday is being played at Blacksmiths Oval (where Belswans play in New Fm) - due to Kahibah Oval being unavailable.

the_butcher
29-08-2016, 02:52 PM

Wasn't even a foul lol. I agree it was a tough challenge but nothing illegal about going in hard (unless we are talking about rape, then that is definitely illegal). Ref didn't even deem it to be a freekick!

Hope your lad is ok though, no one wants to see injuries. I hope to see him in the second leg, he is a handy player.

Inside left
03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Kahibah boys are happy... Reggies go thru to the GF after winning 1-0 (4-1 on aggregate)... First grade finished 1-1 where Kahibah won on pens. A huge arm wrestle of a game

la bazzle
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Was a nice and exciting game. Congrats to Kahibah. Pretty happy with our first season in ZL3. Good luck to whoever makes the final.

Charman
04-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Bol v dudley res.
2-1, 3-2 on aggregate. Bummer😰.
1st 0-0 1/2 time. Unsure on final result but was fairly even game.
Really stoked for kahibah, local rivals but respect what they have achieved, was so looking forward to potential gf v those guys. Best team in res Imo. Bol can give but cant take, kahibah play a physical ball and all game and really play with energy, 50/50 they make 60/40. Will be chearing them on next week. Will say well done to bolwarra 1st yr in, gr8 achievment minor prem and possible major prem.

Inside left
04-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Bol v dudley res.
2-1, 3-2 on aggregate. Bummer😰.
1st 0-0 1/2 time. Unsure on final result but was fairly even game.
Really stoked for kahibah, local rivals but respect what they have achieved, was so looking forward to potential gf v those guys. Best team in res Imo. Bol can give but cant take, kahibah play a physical ball and all game and really play with energy, 50/50 they make 60/40. Will be chearing them on next week. Will say well done to bolwarra 1st yr in, gr8 achievment minor prem and possible major prem.

Cheers Chairman. We were also keen for a local derby in the GF - but huge effort by your lads to get to the semis and really could have gone either way today.

First grade Argy got up 1-0 in the end in a game they were well on top of for most of the game. Credit to Argy, still not a loss all year - and they really are a great bunch of blokes on top of that.

1st year in, Bolwarra, Hamilton and Argy amazing stuff. Credit to them all. Bring on next week!

Kyleshazz
04-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Top 4 in this competition has been quite a battle. Bolwarra are are very strong and physical team easily could of went either way today. I do believe Argy had a few more chances but bollwarra could of easily scored near the end. Credit to them boys for not giving up. Well faught game. Bring on the GF.

anfield
05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
At the end of the day, the top 2 teams in both grades got through.
I think Argenton will win firsts and bolwarra will win reserves. But kahibah will be solid opponents and it wouldnt suprise me if they win one or possibly both.

As for our reserves, well done and very unlucky not to score again in the final 15, we had our chances. Bolwarra are very solid across the park and showed why they were minor premiers. Some solid tackles and hits, sure to be some sore bodies today.

As for the finals format, I think it needs some debate. The best two in each grade advanced, so no complaints there.
But really what advantage for teams 1 & 2. Argenton and Bolwarra grounds in poor condition given amount of football played on them this year. Hard to play good football on them.

System designed for clubs to make some money, but bolwarra didnt have canteen open and argentons shut before first grade. Fully understand as people want to watch football instead of being stuck in canteen.
Even kahibah played there 'home' final at blacksmiths.

Something to consider.

Kyleshazz
05-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Mate if you had a strong 1st grade team you could of played home semi finals. Keep that in mind.

the_butcher
05-09-2016, 12:05 PM
The best two in each grade advanced, so no complaints there.

Azzurri and Kahibah finished on equal points (I think) and Kahibah didn't beat Azzurri all season (2 victories to Azzurri during season and 2 draws in semis) so hard to say the better team went through. To be fair though, if you can't beat Kahibah over 2 legs you don't deserve to go through! I'm predicting a big score to Argy in the final, I'll go with 4-0.

anfield
05-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Azzurri and Kahibah finished on equal points (I think) and Kahibah didn't beat Azzurri all season (2 victories to Azzurri during season and 2 draws in semis) so hard to say the better team went through. To be fair though, if you can't beat Kahibah over 2 legs you don't deserve to go through! I'm predicting a big score to Argy in the final, I'll go with 4-0.

Fair call, not much between top 4 In firsts. Was more pointing out top 2 on table went through in both grades.

anfield
05-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Mate if you had a strong 1st grade team you could of played home semi finals. Keep that in mind.

Okay settle down. Didn't realise your so protective over field. We had a home semi last year, so we know the drill.

pv4
05-09-2016, 02:59 PM
and Kahibah didn't beat Azzurri all season (2 victories to Azzurri during season and 2 draws in semis)

For the sake of being pedantic, I personally consider the end result to be Azzuri 2 wins, Kahibah 1 win. I've always considered a 2legged game to be "1 game" with the team progressing thru to be called the winner of said game.

Macca
05-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Even then a strong first grade doesn't get you anything (necessarily), our first grade finished first and ressies 2nd. So reserves played both games away (coincidentally their "home" game was at the home ground of the opponents). If our reserves had've finished fourth for example then they would have played their "away" game at their home ground which is a handy advantage not earned.

It was suggested in another thread that the away goal rule should be disregarded for lower grades and only kept for first grade, where teams are playing at the correct home and away grounds.

the_butcher
06-09-2016, 10:09 AM
For the sake of being pedantic, I personally consider the end result to be Azzuri 2 wins, Kahibah 1 win. I've always considered a 2legged game to be "1 game" with the team progressing thru to be called the winner of said game.

Both semis finished a draw. After 4 games Kahibah still hasn't beaten Azzurri whilst Azzurri has beaten Kahibah twice.

It was suggested in another thread that the away goal rule should be disregarded for lower grades and only kept for first grade, where teams are playing at the correct home and away grounds.

Great idea.

pv4
06-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Both semis finished a draw. After 4 games Kahibah still hasn't beaten Azzurri whilst Azzurri has beaten Kahibah twice.

I still politely yet strongly disagree. There's a reason teams should 100% not be singing a victory song if they win the first leg (and should be punished if they do IMO), and it's because the game is only half finished. Kahibah beat Azzuri in the semi-final, which is why they're in the grand final. Azzuri 2, Kahibah 1.

Not a stab at Azzuri at all, just my views on 2legged finals across the whole world.

boz-monaut
06-09-2016, 07:27 PM
games are on at Johnston Park on Saturday 10 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-8218-0-388326-0&a=FIXTURE

boz-monaut
06-09-2016, 08:50 PM
I got this one right

NewyTy
06-09-2016, 09:34 PM
I'll be making the trek out for this one. Finally get to see Argenton in action. Looking forward to it actually. Last year's ZL3 GF was entertaining.

hawk
06-09-2016, 10:21 PM
I'll be making the trek out for this one. Finally get to see Argenton in action. Looking forward to it actually. Last year's ZL3 GF was entertaining.

Its often a difficult choice for 1,2 or 3 to go to watch.

NewyTy
06-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Its often a difficult choice for 1,2 or 3 to go to watch.

The alternate kickoffs would have been nice. Some good matches across the board. Could be an idea next year to have them back to back. Have the Ressies/Thirds (ZL1) play on the Sunday and then Saturday can be ZL1, 2 & 3 at a neutral ground. ZPL remains on the Sunday. Might not work but would help combat the issue of picking which one to watch.

It's a bit weird having the Zone GF's after the NPL & New-FM Finals. As a football fan, I've had a busy time with 2000+ crowd at New-FM and then 4000+ at NPL, it's a bit hard to get excited for more GF football. The players and clubs would be different but as a fan it's been overload lately. Still, wouldn't surprise me if ZL3 provides a more entertaining final than the two top tiers.

the_butcher
08-09-2016, 02:55 PM
I still politely yet strongly disagree. There's a reason teams should 100% not be singing a victory song if they win the first leg (and should be punished if they do IMO), and it's because the game is only half finished. Kahibah beat Azzuri in the semi-final, which is why they're in the grand final. Azzuri 2, Kahibah 1.

Not a stab at Azzuri at all, just my views on 2legged finals across the whole world.

OK, let me rephrase. After 4 games, Kahibah hasn't beaten Azzurri over 90minutes where as Azzurri has won 2. (Note: I'm referring to a comment made earlier that the better team went through, nothing to do with semi finals formats).

anfield
08-09-2016, 06:03 PM
OK, let me rephrase. After 4 games, Kahibah hasn't beaten Azzurri over 90minutes where as Azzurri has won 2. (Note: I'm referring to a comment made earlier that the better team went through, nothing to do with semi finals formats).
Im sure kahibah dont care. They are in the gf!!!

la bazzle
10-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Good luck to both teams in the GF today. Backing Argy for the win after a sensational season.

NewyTy
10-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Reserves: Bolwarra-Lorn 2-1 Kahibah
First: Argenton 3-2 Kahibah

Reserves Wrap: The wind hindered this game but especially for Kahibah. Thier keeper made two horror errors in the first half to allow Bolwarra to take a 2-0 lead. Kahibah scored late to create some tension but Bolwarra the better side on the day.

First: Wasn't expecting to see a quality game but amazing to watch. Argenton brought a massive supporters group (as did Bolwarra and Kahibah). Great crowd, two cracking goals from Kahibah to equalise twice but Argy showing their quality and getting the job done on the day. Taking their chances. All in all, a successful day for ZL3 Football. One of my favourite games of the year and I've seen a fair few!

LeKobe
12-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Well done to both Argenton and Kahibah. Both teams put on a great performance on Saturday and either team could have taken it out. I think Argenton deserves the win though and ultimately deserved to win based on the fantastic season they had. I think we may see them continue to push through the Zone Leagues in the coming years. It'll be interested to see how they do next year in Zone League 2.

Kyleshazz
12-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know the prize money the club gets for taking out minor and major?

pv4
12-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know the prize money the club gets for taking out minor and major?

I once got told $1000 for the major

Kyleshazz
12-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Yeah fair enough

ranger
12-09-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm sure it's more than that, keep throwing money on the bar boys you deserve it

la bazzle
13-09-2016, 09:32 AM

Don't know how to attach stuff on my phone so sorry if it doesn't come up clear. But that's an example they gave of last years winners winnings

silva21
13-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in everyone's opinion of the Substitution rule in reserve grade?

After this year, i am starting to think that reggies in ZL3 should have a interchange rule (with a cap per half maybe?). To have coverage for when guys are injured or away, the squads are generally around the 28-30 mark. Which means when you are lucky and don't have many injuries/guys away, it becomes an issue getting guys a decent run.

It would need to be capped per half or something so to avoid time wasting interchanges late in games.

First grade i have no issue with and agree it should be 100% substitution.

Interested in everyone's thoughts....

la bazzle
13-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in everyone's opinion of the Substitution rule in reserve grade?

After this year, i am starting to think that reggies in ZL3 should have a interchange rule (with a cap per half maybe?). To have coverage for when guys are injured or away, the squads are generally around the 28-30 mark. Which means when you are lucky and don't have many injuries/guys away, it becomes an issue getting guys a decent run.

It would need to be capped per half or something so to avoid time wasting interchanges late in games.

First grade i have no issue with and agree it should be 100% substitution.

Interested in everyone's thoughts....

Brilliant idea

ranger
14-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Wouldn't work, injuries and unavailability is unfortunate for all teams. But the fairest way across the comp for all teams is to keep substitution in place. Interchange would diminish the comp and make it like all age.

Donk
14-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't work, injuries and unavailability is unfortunate for all teams. But the fairest way across the comp for all teams is to keep substitution in place. Interchange would diminish the comp and make it like all age.

In ZL1 3rds have Interchange not substitution

silva21
14-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Like i said it would have to be capped so that it doesn't turn into a free for all that just wastes time (which can happen in All Age).

I think it could work, and would allow managers more flexibility to give reserve grade players more of a run. After all, they all pay the same rego and being a manager myself it's a shocking feeling to have to tell guys they are missing out or only getting 10 minutes because we have too many.

Some might say "well don't register so many players"....which is a fair call, but in a blink of an eye you can go from having too many to asking guys to double up or fill in from Juniors etc.

NLFCZL
14-09-2016, 02:48 PM
We face the same issue regularly, as do many clubs. One week you have to omit players, the next week you have players playing both grades. Its the nature of graded football. If players are only getting 10 mins off the bench in ZL3 reserves....then they have two options (in my opinion)
1. get to training and prove you deserve more
2. go play all age as youre not up to graded level clearly

I dont see the point in essentially diminishing an entire grade of football because some people want to be involved that arent up to it. Remember, clubs can use their juniors, over 35s, all age players etc OFF the bench in ressies if needed without dual rego...for times like when you dont have enough hands on deck.

So yeah, against it personally. Capped or otherwise. Thirds a different story - its for old boys and volunteers.

silva21
14-09-2016, 04:13 PM
We face the same issue regularly, as do many clubs. One week you have to omit players, the next week you have players playing both grades. Its the nature of graded football. If players are only getting 10 mins off the bench in ZL3 reserves....then they have two options (in my opinion)
1. get to training and prove you deserve more
2. go play all age as youre not up to graded level clearly

I dont see the point in essentially diminishing an entire grade of football because some people want to be involved that arent up to it. Remember, clubs can use their juniors, over 35s, all age players etc OFF the bench in ressies if needed without dual rego...for times like when you dont have enough hands on deck.

So yeah, against it personally. Capped or otherwise. Thirds a different story - its for old boys and volunteers.

Fair enough comments and in most cases i definitely agree with points 1 & 2 above!

I guess it depends on the circumstances, for us we had a pretty good year in terms of training attendances where we had 22 + at most sessions and not a huge gulf in playing ability in the reggies squad. So in our case, it was a difficult process every week determining who was not going to get playing time and an Interchange rule of some kind would have helped ease that burden....

ranger
14-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Against it for a few reasons.

- Teams could use it to there advantage, let's start average player, sub on first grade striker, score a few goals, sub back on average player. The capping of subs wouldn't stop that happening.

- Takes the tactics, formation and squad use out of it (and yes I know it's zl3 reserves so there may not be the skill for tactics to work, and formation goes missing pretty quick.) But look at reserve grade gf on wknd for example. Bolwarra scored 2 goals early. Kahibah attacked for rest of game. Bolwarra centre back goes down with cramps (subs off) Bolwarra replaces like for like, that new dick head centre back gets sent off in 5 minutes. Bolwarra then add another back. Kahibah attacked the whole second half. Bolwarra were ****ed. There forwards were defending offering nothing going forward. No outlet. We couldn't get a forward on. Would have loved to have had the option to interchange someone.

- having substitution across the whole squad keeps everyone honest, if they want a game they'll come to training. Once interchange is added people would drop off from training.

Also like everyone else we had a lot of injuries and unavailability at Bolwarra throughout the year

silva21
14-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Against it for a few reasons.

- Teams could use it to there advantage, let's start average player, sub on first grade striker, score a few goals, sub back on average player. The capping of subs wouldn't stop that happening.

- Takes the tactics, formation and squad use out of it (and yes I know it's zl3 reserves so there may not be the skill for tactics to work, and formation goes missing pretty quick.) But look at reserve grade gf on wknd for example. Bolwarra scored 2 goals early. Kahibah attacked for rest of game. Bolwarra centre back goes down with cramps (subs off) Bolwarra replaces like for like, that new dick head centre back gets sent off in 5 minutes. Bolwarra then add another back. Kahibah attacked the whole second half. Bolwarra were ****ed. There forwards were defending offering nothing going forward. No outlet. We couldn't get a forward on. Would have loved to have had the option to interchange someone.

- having substitution across the whole squad keeps everyone honest, if they want a game they'll come to training. Once interchange is added people would drop off from training.

Also like everyone else we had a lot of injuries and unavailability at Bolwarra throughout the year

Yeah fair enough....some good points made there!

the_butcher
18-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Brilliant idea

lololol of course you think it's a "brilliant idea", you struggle to get through 20mins

la bazzle
19-09-2016, 02:59 PM
lololol of course you think it's a "brilliant idea", you struggle to get through 20mins

:rof::rof::rof: Best idea I've seen on these forums

anfield
28-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Dudley Redhead United Football Club are seeking applications for First and Reserve grade coaches for Season 2017 in Zone League 3.

The club has been in Zone League 3 for the past three years and are looking to push forward next season. All applications will strongly be considered.All interested candidates should email details to drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com.au

anfield
28-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Dudley Redhead United Football Club Zone League 3 are also looking to bolster squad for season 2017. Any players looking for a game email your details to drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com

anfield
28-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Dudley Redhead United Football Club Zuone League 3 are also looking to bolster squad for season 2017. Any players looking for a game email your details to drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com

That address being

drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com.au

gregorywprice
28-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Merewether Advance S.F.C

Zone League Two

Club Coach - 2017 Season

We are seeking applications for the position of club coach in 2017. The club has a long and proud history since 1894 which we are eager to continue. After a number of consistent seasons we are seeking a coach to push the club on to the next level. The successful applicant will bring an emphasis on success on the park as well as share our enthusiasm for all aspects of the game. Coaching experience is desired though other experience in the game will be considered. Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on the 28th of October. If interested please email your application to merewetheradvance@hotmail.com or contact Greg on 0410 517 813.

Cunning stunts
28-10-2016, 09:05 AM
11 team comp with a bye next season

BP Super Dynamos
28-10-2016, 11:08 AM
Abermain
Bolwarra Lorn
Hamilton Azzurri?
Mayfield
Dudley
RAAF
Lake Macquarie
Lake Macquarie City
Kahibah?
Edgeworth
??

Cunning stunts
28-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Abermain
Bolwarra Lorn
Hamilton Azzurri
Mayfield
Dudley
RAAF
Lake Macquarie
Lake Macquarie City
Medowie
Maitland
Edgeworth

sammydog
28-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Abermain
Bolwarra Lorn
Hamilton Azzurri?
Mayfield
Dudley
RAAF
Lake Macquarie
Lake Macquarie City
Kahibah?
Edgeworth
??

Swap Kahibah (league 2) for Medowie and your list is correct.

sammydog
28-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Abermain
Bolwarra Lorn
Hamilton Azzurri
Mayfield
Dudley
RAAF
Lake Macquarie
Lake Macquarie City
Medowie
Maitland
Edgeworth

The email from Newcastle Football earlier in the week was a 10 team comp. Did they amend it since then?

Donk
29-10-2016, 09:43 AM
The email from Newcastle Football earlier in the week was a 10 team comp. Did they amend it since then?
Not as far as I'm aware by the looks of list someone hasn't realised 2 teams were promoted not one

oneeye
29-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Not as far as I'm aware by the looks of list someone hasn't realised 2 teams were promoted not one

There was an update it was included on the bottom of Zone League Meeting summary email

sammydog
29-10-2016, 12:48 PM
There was an update it was included on the bottom of Zone League Meeting summary email

So there was, missed that one.

Retro Jet
29-10-2016, 02:49 PM
So, the Lake Macquarie clubs (Jnr & City) aren't affiliated?

LongSufferingFan
30-10-2016, 09:22 PM
So, the Lake Macquarie clubs (Jnr & City) aren't affiliated?

My understanding is that they share some resources (aka Tredinnick Oval) but are run by different committees as different entities. City is the senior Club (NPL) and LMFC is the Junior (Community) club.

Similar to CCB (Lisle Carr) and Charlestown jnr (Charlestown Oval) or the two Beresfield Clubs.

Be interesting to see where City play their Zone League games. If at Macquarie Field it will be the best ZL3 ground by a mile.

evolution
30-10-2016, 11:04 PM
My understanding is that they share some resources (aka Tredinnick Oval) but are run by different committees as different entities. City is the senior Club (NPL) and LMFC is the Junior (Community) club.

Similar to CCB (Lisle Carr) and Charlestown jnr (Charlestown Oval) or the two Beresfield Clubs.

Be interesting to see where City play their Zone League games. If at Macquarie Field it will be the best ZL3 ground by a mile.

From when I played at Lakes there was an "alliance" between the two clubs, but they have always been run separately.

It had a lot to do with City needing to be linked to a junior club as part of the criteria to get back into NBN.

The Postman
30-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Curious as to what players City will have.

Guys that tried out for NPL, happy to play ZL3 and be a part of the club?

Or has there been an All Age team playing making the step up?

evolution
31-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Curious as to what players City will have.

Guys that tried out for NPL, happy to play ZL3 and be a part of the club?

Or has there been an All Age team playing making the step up?

No idea about City but I'm pretty sure the other Lakes team will be their AA/E side stepping up. I have no idea what the quality of ZL3 is but I will be interested to see how they go.

RANGER09
31-10-2016, 01:05 PM
any news on how Kahibah bypassed League 3 and straight to League 2?

Premy
31-10-2016, 01:27 PM
any news on how Kahibah bypassed League 3 and straight to League 2?

They probably submitted an EOI to be promoted with Argenton after they finished 2nd and 2 spots were available in ZL2.

riverboy
01-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Early days,
But how is everyones squad looking? Ability and numbers wise.

Id say Azzurri will be very strong, possibly should have gone up over kahibah.

Lake snr could be very strong.

Bolwarra will be strong again.

You would have to think those 3 would be favourites for top 4.

Hard to discount the others. Edgeworth could be big improvers. Dudley have some very good players but can be inconsistent. Abermain were a little inconsistent too.

Wilso8948
14-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Medowie to be leading the pack after 5 rounds with their latest star striker scoring all their goals.

How they look at the end of the season will be the real test though..

Cunning stunts
14-11-2016, 02:30 PM
2 Maitland clubs in this league next year from what I've heard

Passtheballmate
15-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Medowie to be leading the pack after 5 rounds with their latest star striker scoring all their goals.

How they look at the end of the season will be the real test though..

Lez Wallace making a 5 game comeback again??

riverboy
24-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Has there been any conformation on competition. Still 11 teams? Are raaf in?

ranger
24-11-2016, 11:20 AM
likely to be 12.

RANGER09
24-11-2016, 12:34 PM
RAAF will be there, they are looking at adding a Friday night over 35's as well the their club

riverboy
24-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Really?? Who is 12th team?Any more then it will have to be like mls, 2 divisions (east and west).

10 would have been ideal. Not so sure about 12

ranger
24-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Maitland NPL

riverboy
24-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Maitland NPL
Great!!! 2 NPL Clubs. Hooray, sarcasm.

BP Super Dynamos
24-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Mayfield will now finish 12 of 12 instead of 9 of 9. Who cares where new clubs come from? I'm all for Lakes and Maitland putting sides in. Wallsend, Hamilton Olympic, Cooks Hill, University have all found their way out of ZL3. The more sides, the merrier, I say

Wilso8948
25-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Mayfield will now finish 12 of 12 instead of 9 of 9.
Man you took the words right out of my mouth!

anfield
25-11-2016, 11:00 AM
I agree, who really cares where they come from. As long as manchester city dont branch out into zone league football.

One of our guys did put forward the suggestion of expanding final series to 6 teams given more teams in competition.
More interest in competition, Especially towards seasons end. It may also help stop teams stacking reserves given extra spots available.
A League has it with 10 teams, so why not? Only positive we think, grow the league.

AVB
02-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Cooks Hill United FC

Zone League 1

Cooks Hill United FC are seeking expressions of interest for 1st Grade Head coach for the 2017 Zone League season. Cooks Hill United has a proud history of success over the last decade in Zone league. Since Cooks Hills promotion to ZL1 in 2015 no team has failed to make the semi-finals, with first grade recording two top 2 finishes, reserve grade recording 2 Grand Final wins and third grade winning the minor premiership in 2016.
Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.

For more details contact Lee on 0412 776 542