PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Zone League 3 thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
01-01-2016, 04:02 PM
2016 Zone League 3 thread

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-01-2016, 02:38 PM
New Lambton FC Zone Premier League and Zone League 3 pre season training will commence on 12th January, 6pm at Novocastrian Oval, New Lambton. We invite all current, former and future players to join us and meet our coaching staff.
If you require further information regarding our club please visit our facebook page or email: newlambtoneagles@newcastlefootball.net.au.
To discuss your desire to join our club please contact our caching staff:
ZPL First Grade Coach (Paul McGuiness): 0432611570
Zone League 3 First Grade Coach (Chris Brain) : 0414974649

sharky21
14-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Anyone seen a draw or even a draft draw??

Premy
14-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Anyone seen a draw or even a draft draw??

ZPL has a draft so I asume ZL3 will have one also.

sharky21
14-01-2016, 10:40 AM
ZPL has a draft so I asume ZL3 will have one also. cheers il start my search on finding it.

Dobbo
15-01-2016, 01:52 PM
ZL3 Draft draw

la bazzle
15-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Is there a fancy way to be able to read this?

Football lover
15-01-2016, 04:13 PM

How are you ment to read this?

boz-monaut
15-01-2016, 05:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

la bazzle
15-01-2016, 06:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

I need to spread more reputation before giving it to Boz again apparently

Dobbo
18-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Sorry guys, did it from my phone and didn't check it after, will upload another copy soon.

Dobbo
18-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Hopefully this one works. I know the round numbers are mixed around but that is how I received it.

la bazzle
18-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Awesome thanks mate

leftrightout
21-01-2016, 12:35 PM
L3 should be an interesting one this year with a decent number of new teams. How is everyone shaping up?
Are all the new teams doing well number-wise or too early to tell?

sharky21
21-01-2016, 04:03 PM
L3 should be an interesting one this year with a decent number of new teams. How is everyone shaping up?
Are all the new teams doing well number-wise or too early to tell?
Tenambit are gradually getting numbers to an OK number. We are only on our 4th training session tonight, so hoping numbers will improve. Hoping a few more of last years first grade show up and as always hoping to pick up a few new blokes who can improve the squad.

sharky21
02-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Anyone got trials coming up?

the_butcher
02-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Tenambit are gradually getting numbers to an OK number. We are only on our 4th training session tonight, so hoping numbers will improve. Hoping a few more of last years first grade show up and as always hoping to pick up a few new blokes who can improve the squad.

What nights are you training, Sharky? Might come for a kick.

sharky21
02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
What nights are you training, Sharky? Might come for a kick.
We train Tuesday's and Thursday's. Training starts at 6:30 and goes till 8 ish.

scouser
05-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone got trials coming up?

Hamilton Azzurri are supposed to be playing up at Muswellbrook ZL2 tonight - can anyone confirm?

the man
06-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Wonder if any look for player

sharky21
06-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Wonder if any look for player
Tenambit are chasing players

theredgaffer
07-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Any club got confirmation on promotion or sharky are you staying up as u rightfully should be

heistofthecentury
07-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Season is fast approaching, anyone willing to put out predictions for the top four across both grades?

sharky21
08-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Any club got confirmation on promotion or sharky are you staying up as u rightfully should be
We won't be staying up we arnt in much better shape ourselves with player numbers.

Jnr Animal
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Merewether are after a trial (2 grades) for this Sunday as the club we were meant to play has pulled out. Also we were using their ground so obviously we will need a club with a ground. PM me please if any club interested

la bazzle
08-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Hamilton Azzurri are supposed to be playing up at Muswellbrook ZL2 tonight - can anyone confirm?

Mussy 2-1 ressies

Mussy 3-2 firsts

leftrightout
08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Mussy 2-1 ressies

Mussy 3-2 firsts

How are the new boys or should I say returning boys of zone league football , Azzuri, shaping up?

la bazzle
08-02-2016, 10:44 PM
How are the new boys or should I say returning boys of zone league football , Azzuri, shaping up?

Hard to say really. Still waiting on final numbers and to lock players in before we know how competitive we will be. Fitness is still back in All Age H unfortunately haha

leftrightout
09-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Hard to say really. Still waiting on final numbers and to lock players in before we know how competitive we will be. Fitness is still back in All Age H unfortunately haha

I hope you guys go well, i remember playing against the old Azzuri guys at Broadmeadow. You were always so hard to beat, had some quality players back then!

sharky21
09-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Putting the feelers out to see which teams still have spots available. Things arnt looking good where I am at the moment, and just looking to see what other options I have. I'm a GK and possibly have some on field players looking to come with. Cheers Cal

sharky21
09-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Tenambit sharks has just made the decision to pull the pin.

la bazzle
09-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I hope you guys go well, i remember playing against the old Azzuri guys at Broadmeadow. You were always so hard to beat, had some quality players back then!

Cheers mate! Hopefully we can channel some of that Azzurri spirit this season!

namwob99
09-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Shit news farkos!!

sharky21
09-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Shit news farkos!!
Yeah mate but the sad thing is it's been coming for years. Awe well time to move on and possibly a new user name

Goatscheese
09-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Yeah mate but the sad thing is it's been coming for years. Awe well time to move on and possibly a new user name

Reasons why it has been coming for years?

sharky21
09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Reasons why it has been coming for years?
Lack of support from those running club and players seeing all age as more ideal. The club could possibly have 6 plus all age teams this year.

anfield
10-02-2016, 06:50 AM

Dissapointing news about tenambit and kurri. Dudley played kurri 2 seasons back on their old boys day. I went away from that day thinking kurri were a club on the way up. Good support, strong first grade at zl3 level, plenty of younger players and the fact they were 2014 major premiers. Cant see what went wrong?

Tenambit probably wernt as solid but still appeared to be a safe well run club. Good ground and facilities, its hard to understand how these two clubs went down. Sharky, how close were you guys to fielding a squad? How many players did you have?

sharky21
10-02-2016, 07:16 AM
Dissapointing news about tenambit and kurri. Dudley played kurri 2 seasons back on their old boys day. I went away from that day thinking kurri were a club on the way up. Good support, strong first grade at zl3 level, plenty of younger players and the fact they were 2014 major premiers. Cant see what went wrong?

Tenambit probably wernt as solid but still appeared to be a safe well run club. Good ground and facilities, its hard to understand how these two clubs went down. Sharky, how close were you guys to fielding a squad? How many players did you have?
We had 5 registered for zone league and a few duel registered so we had about 10 another 8 or so who said they were playing but had not done on line rego or anything. So not enough to warrant dragging it out and leave players with little chance to get a spot in other teams.
Sad day and after 10 plus years at the one club it's not easy to move on but I'm not interested in all age ( I did that last year and wasn't for me) so il search for a club now.

Drunken ranger
10-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Heard a rumour that the raaf are also folding any truth ??

RAM
10-02-2016, 03:10 PM

choked on foam?

RANGER09
10-02-2016, 07:29 PM

No

Drunken ranger
10-02-2016, 08:27 PM
No
Thanks ranger didn't believe the source he's a bit full of tall stories

salmon
11-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Super late notice and most likely clutching at straws here, but if any all age or Zone League teams are wanting to play a trial against Hamilton Azzurri ZL3 reserve grade tomorrow night (Friday 12th), we have an opening as the team we were playing has pulled out. Field is booked for 7.00pm kick off at Rathmines Oval.

If interested don't message me on here get in contact on 0432 097 729

Cheers

watcher
11-02-2016, 10:47 PM
so with the withdrawal of team/ teams out of the comp this year hows everything going to pan out any thoughts

ranger
12-02-2016, 07:07 AM
9 team comp with a bye? hopefully no other teams are struggling with numbers. anything is a step up from the 6 team comps we've been playing in previous seasons in all age.

salmon
12-02-2016, 07:10 AM
so with the withdrawal of team/ teams out of the comp this year hows everything going to pan out any thoughts

I'm a firm believer in promotion is earned, not applied for. With the comp now being 10 teams and no bye, I would love to see New Lambton and the likes stay in ZL3 and strive to earn that promotion spot at the end of the season, and make ZL3 even more competitive by staying.

With new teams coming in and clubs that have been previously mentioned as teams to watch, I think ZL3 is going to be a really strong comp as it currently stands, and one in thoroughly looking forward to playing in.

ranger
12-02-2016, 07:55 AM
email we got last night from Newcastle football said they will make zl3 a 9 team comp, and move a team up to fill Kurri spot.

Drunken ranger
15-02-2016, 07:23 PM
How's argy traveling ????

Scottza
15-02-2016, 08:21 PM
At Argy we're not going too bad. Good numbers at about 30.
Played our first trial last Saturday against an understrength Barnsley and beat them 5-2

Drunken ranger
15-02-2016, 09:08 PM
At Argy we're not going too bad. Good numbers at about 30.
Played our first trial last Saturday against an understrength Barnsley and beat them 5-2

Heard you fellas have a lot of young fellas and a couple of heads in the mix did you's have a few back up and play 2 games on Saturday

Scottza
15-02-2016, 09:16 PM
We do have a fair few younger guys to give us older heads some help it's a good mix. There were a few that backed up from ressies.

anfield
16-02-2016, 02:48 PM
New lambton promoted.

leftrightout
17-02-2016, 07:05 AM
New lambton promoted.

Does that mean ZL3 now has a bye? With Tenambit and Kurri Gone, NL up to ZL2.
How many teams in each comp now? Still 10 in L2 but only 9 in L3?

BP Super Dynamos
17-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I've heard Kurri Juniors are contemplating applying for ZL3, pending a meeting to be held tomorrow

Giges
17-02-2016, 02:36 PM
I hear RAAF will be moving their homes matches to Lakeside Sports Complex at Raymond Terrace for this season.
For anyone who doesn't know the area this is next to where Raymond Terrace rugby league play near the Grahamstown Dam.
The fields are mostly sand based so should be relatively good in terms of dealing with wet weather and have sheds, canteen facilities with an undercover awning.
Should be much better than what I heard the facilities where like on base last year.

Charman
18-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Garden Suburb v Kotara
Maryland Fletcher v Wallsend
Dudley UNITED v Muswellbrook
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield Jnrs
Thornton v Edgeworth Jnrs
Raymond Terrace v Westlakes
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Beresfield Snrs v Toronto
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Charlestown jnr v Singleton
Swansea v Belswans

Good luck to all the under dogs from ZL3 this weekend!

ranger
18-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Any news on Kurri juniors rumour? Would be good to get rid of bye.

11 herbs&spices
18-02-2016, 08:43 PM
From what I'm led to believe is that the juniors are looking to field a team possibly teams, to be able to give the young blokes who played all age under there banner last year and the blokes who played with the seniors last year a run,also to try and keep majority of the boys together,I can't say if this will eventuate straight back in2 zfl,but the feedback I've been hearing is probably all age and restructuring for the following season.this is only speculation also so mate so take it with a grain of salt.just what I've heard

BP Super Dynamos
18-02-2016, 09:38 PM
I've heard Kurri Juniors will run 2 all age sides this year, so no ZL. 3's stuck with a bye

watcher
21-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Garden Suburb v Kotara
Maryland Fletcher v Wallsend
Dudley UNITED v Muswellbrook
Mayfield snrs v Bolwarra
Azzuri v Barnsley
RAAF v Simba
Nelson Bay v Beresfield Jnrs
Thornton v Edgeworth Jnrs
Raymond Terrace v Westlakes
South Cardiff v Cessnock
Lakes v Cardiff City
Cooks Hill v Dudley Snrs
Stockton v West Wallsend
Beresfield Snrs v Toronto
Uni v New Lambton
Warners Bay v Morisset
Medowie v Mayfield jnrs
Kahibah v Suns
Charlestown jnr v Singleton
Swansea v Belswans

Good luck to all the under dogs from ZL3 this weekend!

how did teams go yesterday

leftrightout
22-02-2016, 07:47 AM
How come Argey didn't get a run? Was the team organised after the application date?

Scottza
22-02-2016, 02:28 PM
We didn't get a run because our teams weren't sorted til after the cut off date. We didn't want to enter a side and then have to withdraw. Wish we did now but, have to wait til next year

the_butcher
22-02-2016, 02:50 PM
So from all reports it sounds like Argy is the team to beat in ID3 this season? Have most of your players come from Argy All Age or have you brought a fair few in from else where? Great job by the way, sounds like it will be a good year.

Scottza
22-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Haha don't know if we'll be the team to beat, we'll be happy if we're competitive in our first season. Looking at Azzurri on Saturday i think they'll be the team to beat, they looked pretty sharp. The majority of our first grade squad played A grade in all age last season. We used 4 new guys during our first trial.

riverboy
22-02-2016, 04:34 PM
So from all reports it sounds like Argy is the team to beat in ID3 this season? Have most of your players come from Argy All Age or have you brought a fair few in from else where? Great job by the way, sounds like it will be a good year.

On what basis do you get that? Raaf, kahibah and dudley will all be up there depending on their recruitment. FFA Cup form can be a bit inconsistent as some players are unavailable due to cricket commitments.
Also this isnt all age, you cant come off for a break every 10 minutes.

Buddha
22-02-2016, 05:21 PM
I hear RAAF will be moving their homes matches to Lakeside Sports Complex at Raymond Terrace for this season.
For anyone who doesn't know the area this is next to where Raymond Terrace rugby league play near the Grahamstown Dam.
The fields are mostly sand based so should be relatively good in terms of dealing with wet weather and have sheds, canteen facilities with an undercover awning.
Should be much better than what I heard the facilities where like on base last year.
They never played on base last year
They played at Tomago

the_butcher
23-02-2016, 11:21 AM
On what basis do you get that? Raaf, kahibah and dudley will all be up there depending on their recruitment. FFA Cup form can be a bit inconsistent as some players are unavailable due to cricket commitments.

I'm basing it on the whispers I'm hearing around town and the fact they pumped Barnsley 5-2. Even if Barnsley were under-strength that is still an impressive result! RAAF were diabolical in their FFA Cup match, at times it was even embarrassing. If that is RAAF's full strength team then I don't think they will make the semis. In regards to Kahibah, surely anyone half decent would play in their Prem League team (or whatever division theyre in). I'm not saying they're going to be rubbish, I just think Argy will be better. Dudley I don't know much about to be honest.

anfield
23-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm basing it on the whispers I'm hearing around town and the fact they pumped Barnsley 5-2. Even if Barnsley were under-strength that is still an impressive result! RAAF were diabolical in their FFA Cup match, at times it was even embarrassing. If that is RAAF's full strength team then I don't think they will make the semis. In regards to Kahibah, surely anyone half decent would play in their Prem League team (or whatever division theyre in). I'm not saying they're going to be rubbish, I just think Argy will be better. Dudley I don't know much about to be honest.

I will stick up for RAAF a bit here. Raaf are influenced heavily by work commitments. They could have easily had a weakened team. They played simba, having played simba before I can say they could embarrass alot of zl3 teams.

Kahibah have a new fm team and by all reports a very good side. Apparently they beat suns quite comfortable on weekend. So its no shame to be considered not good enough for new fm squad. They will be strong in zl3.

Dont discount Edgeworth from being semi final contenders. As for dudley, we are looking to again be up towards the top end of the ladder.

RANGER09
23-02-2016, 01:04 PM
RAAF still have a heap of guys away on deployment at present, not returning unitl just before season start so wouldnt be writing them off.
Simba arent far off promtion this year in league 2 if they can keep it together for 90 minutes each game will be tough to beat, some good talent in their squad.

Charman
23-02-2016, 01:16 PM
One thing for sure it is going to be a tough and ultra competitive year. Early signs from the Newbies - Argie, Azzuri & Bolwarra are very positive. Argie A grade AA won the comp and their C grade was up there as well, they will adapt to ZL just fine. Azzuri are having some good results early, think they beat MBK 3-2. Bolwarra lost 1-4 vs Mayfield which is a top result.
From last year Edgie and Kahibah will be the big improvers, they hit their straps in the 2nd half of the season and are young teams adapting to ZL nicely.
Dudley lost the FFA cup by 16 last year and lead the comp in ZL for much of the year. I would not read too much into FFA cup form.

WFC_ZL
23-02-2016, 01:37 PM
RAAF definitely looked a different side in the FFA Cup. Recognized maybe 2-3 players from last years 1st grade side. If they have the same players they did last year they will definitely be in the mix with the other strong teams in ZL3.

the_butcher
23-02-2016, 02:13 PM
RAAF definitely looked a different side in the FFA Cup. Recognized maybe 2-3 players from last years 1st grade side. If they have the same players they did last year they will definitely be in the mix with the other strong teams in ZL3.

In that case, apologies to the RAAF blokes. There were some pretty comical passages of play on Saturday so I dare so most of their first graders must have been out saving the country.

Sounds like it is going to be a quality comp. Last time I played in it the standard was terrible and we absolutely destroyed the league, there was only a couple of competitive teams in it. One week we scored 30 goals in 3 games (we played weds, sat and sun), it was a bit silly.

watcher
24-02-2016, 08:52 PM
i assume most teams from our comp were playing a under strengh team in ffa cup from what im reading

Ex Machina
27-02-2016, 03:13 PM
How are teams looking during pre-season so far?

BUSSC
09-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Barnsley Snr are looking for a team All Age or lower Zone league team for our 3rd grade to play a trial against this Sunday morning 10.30 at Taylor Park

If you are interested call or sms Mick on 0428 193 617.

Jnr Animal
10-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Are there Any ZL3 clubs interested in trials this sunday against Merewether? We have a ground booked! Two grades with kickoff times 2pm and 4pm.

If interested please PM me.
Cheers
Ryan

front2
18-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Good luck to Argenton. Hopefully not the farce like the previous attempt. Sending out your best 11 in reserve grade and getting smashed 9/10 nil whatever week in week out in first grade.Good location and position to be in. Turn it on.

Charman
04-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Comp starts this week, keen as mustard to get going. Good luck to all for the season. It looks to be a pretty even comp from what I gather. Strong new teams added and existing teams improved. Bring it on baby!

la bazzle
04-04-2016, 09:57 AM
The home of football, Smith Park, is looking a treat before the first match. Azzurri keen as to get started despite a thousand injuries in the preseason

Charman
09-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Mayfield v Dudley
Res 0-6
1st 2-1.

riverboy
10-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Mayfield v Dudley
Res 0-6
1st 2-1.

Go the tigers. Might suprise a few this year. Dudley will still be a force, missed a few chances. Reserves result was dissapointing, Dudley have decent reserves team.

BP Super Dynamos
10-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Argenton v Abermain
Res finished 3-0 to Argy in a match they dominated.
1st ended up 3-1 to Argy. A very fiery and see sawing match. 2 penalties helped Argy to seal a deserved win. Abermain had a few chances and will take a few positives from the match.

Inside left
10-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Kahibah vs Edgeworth
1st grade: Kahibah 4-0
Reserves: Edgeworth 2-1

la bazzle
10-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Hamilton Azzurri v Bolworra

Ressies 0-1

Firsts 2-0

hawk
10-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Hamilton Azzurri v Bolworra

Ressies 0-1

Firsts 2-0

scenes?

la bazzle
10-04-2016, 08:44 PM
scenes?

Amazing scenes....So I hear. I had to drive to the hosp at half time our captain copped an accidental knee to the head and was concussed. Apparently second goal was a classy chip. Pub scenes were a delight.

salmon
16-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Can anyone confirm whether RAAF play at lakeside sporting complex, or Tomago Oval.

Draw says Tomago, Sporting Pulse says Lakeside....

Cheers

BP Super Dynamos
16-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Abermain Rams v Mayfield @ Orange St
Reserve grade 2-2, Abermain coming from behind twice to snatch a deserved point.
1st grade 5-2 to the Rams. Mayfield took an early lead only for Abermain to pile on the goals for a comfortable victory

Scottza
16-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Argy vs Edgy
Reserves 2-0 to Edgy
First 9-4 to Argy

hawk
16-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Argy vs Edgy

First 9-4 to Argy

how does this happen, peeps away?

Donk
16-04-2016, 11:50 PM
how does this happen, peeps away?
Defending was optional!
They played with no goalies but you weren't allowed to shot inside the 18yrd!

anfield
17-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Reserve grade 2-2, Abermain coming from behind twice to snatch a deserved point.
1st grade 5-2 to the Rams. Mayfield took an early lead only for Abermain to pile on the goals for a comfortable victory

Good win for abermain, They look to have improved. Did they pick up some players in off season? Maybe from kurri?

BP Super Dynamos
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Rams picked up 3-4 from Kurri and 1 from Tenambit, plus a couple of guys coming back after a few years off. If we can keep our best XI on the paddock we should be thereabouts

onlooker
17-04-2016, 10:38 AM
What grade you playing BP

BP Super Dynamos
17-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Firsts for now

la bazzle
17-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Hamo Azzurri v RAAF

Ressies

3-2 RAAF

1sts

3-1 Azzurri

dog
17-04-2016, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=salmon;150012]Can anyone confirm whether RAAF play at lakeside sporting complex, or Tomago Oval.

Cheers

NewyTy
17-04-2016, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=salmon;150012]Can anyone confirm whether RAAF play at lakeside sporting complex, or Tomago Oval.

Cheers

Azzurri facebook review says Lakeside so guess it was there. P.S, anyone know score from Bolwarra v Kahibah? Not up yet. I'll post if I find it somewhere.

hawk
17-04-2016, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=dog;150198]

Azzurri facebook review says Lakeside so guess it was there. P.S, anyone know score from Bolwarra v Kahibah? Not up yet. I'll post if I find it somewhere.

Azzurri TV said Lakeside, on the money

riverboy
18-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Abermain are much stronger then last year and will be competitive. One tip for teams playing them, pack a good pair of shin pads.

la bazzle
18-04-2016, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=NewyTy;150215]

Azzurri TV said Lakeside, on the money

Azzurri TV on the ball as per usual

the_butcher
19-04-2016, 11:11 PM

This thread is pretty boring so time to spice it up a bit!

So far I would have to say my predictions arent too far from the mark. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary. Bolwarra are a handy team so will expect them to be up there come semis.

My prediction for top 4:
1. Argy
2. Azzurri
3. Kahibah
4. bolwarra

Thoughts?

BP Super Dynamos
20-04-2016, 12:40 AM
Having only played Argy and Mayfield, I'll say Argy will make top 4 but are beatable. And Mayfield will be in the bottom 3. Abermain to be mid table, hopefully pushing for the top 4

WolfMan
20-04-2016, 05:24 AM
Can't speak for their 1st Grade squad, but RAAF's Reserves were very ordinary when we (All Age) played them in a trial. Would be surprised if there was a marked difference between that and 1st Grade, but you guys would know better than I

anfield
20-04-2016, 12:29 PM

So far I would have to say my predictions arent too far from the mark. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary. Bolwarra are a handy team so will expect them to be up there come semis.

My prediction for top 4:
1. Argy
2. Azzurri
3. Kahibah
4. bolwarra

Thoughts?

Having been in zl3 for 3 years I can safely say predictions for this grade can be extreamlly difficult to make.

For starters there are 3 new teams. Its pretty hard to stack their form against any zone league form as there is none. I will say all 3 look likely to be very competitive. I think Bolwarra might be the smokies.

As for last year Dudley, Raaf and Kahibah were strong. Pretty foolish to right any of them off after 1-2 games.

The other 3 in mayfield, abermain and Edgeworth have improved.

In past years there has always been a club or 2 that thinks they have been too good for the grade. But its a long competition, titles arnt won in april. I wouldnt be suprised to see any of the 9 clubs finish first or last. Teams will only improve and injuries and suspensions will affect everyone in some way.

Always a bit of talk about raaf, its hard to judge them as depending on postings, their teams can change week to week.

And for the record, big difference between first and reserve grade.

Bring on week 3

the_butcher
20-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Having been in zl3 for 3 years I can safely say predictions for this grade can be extreamlly difficult to make.

For starters there are 3 new teams. Its pretty hard to stack their form against any zone league form as there is none. I will say all 3 look likely to be very competitive. I think Bolwarra might be the smokies.

As for last year Dudley, Raaf and Kahibah were strong. Pretty foolish to right any of them off after 1-2 games.

The other 3 in mayfield, abermain and Edgeworth have improved.

In past years there has always been a club or 2 that thinks they have been too good for the grade. But its a long competition, titles arnt won in april. I wouldnt be suprised to see any of the 9 clubs finish first or last. Teams will only improve and injuries and suspensions will affect everyone in some way.

Always a bit of talk about raaf, its hard to judge them as depending on postings, their teams can change week to week.

And for the record, big difference between first and reserve grade.

Bring on week 3

Exactly, almost impossible to make predictions this early on but at least it keeps this thread alive :rof:

Which club do you think thinks they are too good for the grade?

anfield
21-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Exactly, almost impossible to make predictions this early on but at least it keeps this thread alive :rof:

Which club do you think thinks they are too good for the grade?

There is always one, this year will be no different. No club in my thinking yet.

Wilso8948
21-04-2016, 06:58 AM
Mayfield surely think they're too good for ZL2. How many years straight without finals or promotion? Jeez..

Charman
21-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Mayfield surely think they're too good for ZL2. How many years straight without finals or promotion? Jeez..

GOOD CALL! But at least they are still around. Kurri? Tenambit? hello........

onlooker
21-04-2016, 01:27 PM
GOOD CALL! But at least they are still around. Kurri? Tenambit? hello........
It's great they are still in it, sounds like they have a committee and the playing group who are invested in trying to make sure the juniors have something other then all age to look forward to.
I can't speak for Kurri but I can for tenambit. A long time ago they had both then it was just the players but the players can only do so much without a committee behind them and eventually Tenambit folding was Inevitable.

It's great to see new clubs come in as its only going to improve the comps. And as for teams like mayfield I'd rather see them battle it out inZl3 and have a crack then go play all age.

Wilso8948
21-04-2016, 01:32 PM
It's great they are still in it, sounds like they have a committee and the playing group who are invested in trying to make sure the juniors have something other then all age to look forward to.
I can't speak for Kurri but I can for tenambit. A long time ago they had both then it was just the players but the players can only do so much without a committee behind them and eventually Tenambit folding was Inevitable.

It's great to see new clubs come in as its only going to improve the comps. And as for teams like mayfield I'd rather see them battle it out inZl3 and have a crack then go play all age.

Plus everyone needs an easy 3 points here and there..

la bazzle
22-04-2016, 03:47 PM
. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary

Nice test for the bushrangers this weekend Argy v Bolwarra. Kahibah to beat RAAF, Abermain to beat duderz and Edgy v Mayf draw.

Azzurri to get a pointless draw vs the Bye is tip of the week.

Ex Machina
22-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Azzurri to get a pointless draw vs the Bye is tip of the week.

Exquisite banter.

watcher
23-04-2016, 06:16 PM
well what a arvo for football it was good to see a fair ressies game between mayfield and edgeworth with edgy getting up 4 nil in windy conditions. Then 1sts come out started of fast passed with mayfield requlary putting late shots on edgys defence and keeper which is all part of the game. There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick but in the aftermath of said tackle there was atrocious behavior and foul language from mayfield coach and players on the bench with on player throwing a object towards edgy bench this behavior is totally unnecessary as there where family and children all along the side line end result was edgy 3-2 i belive this one incident has left a foul taste in spectators mouths on what was a good game

Charman
23-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Dudley v abermmain
Res 3-2
1st 4-2
Abermain guys off the pitch are decent lads, on the pitch no comment. We have to play up there rd 2.
Will say refs were f---ing appaling both ways. No control on the game, res maybe just ok, 1st diabolical!!!! Give it away if you cannot see or move!

LeKobe
23-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Results from Bolwarra vs Argy

RES
Bolwarra 1-3 Argy

1STS
Bolwarra 0-2 Argy

Argy are extremely hard team to beat. They'll definitely be up there towards end of the season.

la bazzle
23-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Dudley v abermmain

Abermain guys off the pitch are decent lads, on the pitch no comment.

In what way out of interest?

Eggs
23-04-2016, 10:55 PM
There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick

When you say average, how bad was it? Worthy of a yellow/red?

anfield
24-04-2016, 08:58 AM
well what a arvo for football it was good to see a fair ressies game between mayfield and edgeworth with edgy getting up 4 nil in windy conditions. Then 1sts come out started of fast passed with mayfield requlary putting late shots on edgys defence and keeper which is all part of the game. There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick but in the aftermath of said tackle there was atrocious behavior and foul language from mayfield coach and players on the bench with on player throwing a object towards edgy bench this behavior is totally unnecessary as there where family and children all along the side line end result was edgy 3-2 i belive this one incident has left a foul taste in spectators mouths on what was a good game

In general, The referees are there to control the game. That includes the bench. Most will agree that over the years referees havnt done enough in controlling benches and people appear to say and do what they want without punishment.

Association has pushed Duty officers more onto clubs each year. They are there to control the Hero's in the crowd. The guys that often say the coments when surrounded by 10 or so others. Most duty officers only are a token thing, you dont often see much from them controlling the behaviour of their own supporters.

Surely, Overall clubs and players need to work with the referees. No referees mean no game. I dont think anyone will have a problem if referees took more action on bad disent, offensive language and dangerous play as long as their consistent.

Players would much rather that then the petty cards given out for not much.

E.J.S.C ZL
24-04-2016, 10:50 AM
When you say average, how bad was it? Worthy of a yellow/red?

It was worth a card, it was a poor challenge. I hope the Mayfield player is ok and back at it next week. The Refereeing was poor and let alot go which leads to players getting frustrated. We had a goal disallowed for offside by the Referee who over ruled the linesman and was 25m behind the play. I thought we should of had a Pen in the 1st half, a player was knocked over from solid contact in the back. Anywhere else on the field it would of been a free kick. Mayfields 1st goal came from a offside free kick deep in there half where it was taken 10m's from where it should of been taken while the ball was still rolling. The Mayfield coach said to our bench your right it was still rolling, they went straight down the other end and scored. The coach then apologized to our bench for it. But that's football I guess, I'm sure Mayfield have there grievance's about the game as well.

the_butcher
25-04-2016, 11:42 AM
The Refereeing was poor

I think this is just something we are going to just have to put up with. Our Ref vs RAAF was giving free kicks for appealing for throw ins lol. Not swearing or anything over zealous, literally just for appealing.

riverboy
25-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Dudley v abermmain
Res 3-2
1st 4-2
Abermain guys off the pitch are decent lads, on the pitch no comment. We have to play up there rd 2.
Will say refs were f---ing appaling both ways. No control on the game, res maybe just ok, 1st diabolical!!!! Give it away if you cannot see or move!

Hey champ, wait till you play up there. As stated before take a good pair of shin pads. Maybe some ice hockey protective gear as well. We are happy we dont have to go back this year.

Kyleshazz
26-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Keen for the weekend lads. First year in this Comp and it doesn't seem too bad I might add.

Charman
30-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Dudley v edgie
Res 2-0, very even game, tough hit out.
1st 2-3, dudley not quite clicked as a unit yet but it is close and then the form of last year will come.

anfield
30-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Dudley v edgie
Res 2-0, very even game, tough hit out.
1st 2-3, dudley not quite clicked as a unit yet but it is close and then the form of last year will come.

Friday night football. I think the first of a handful of friday night games was a big success. I know Edgeworth have a few more friday night home games and Dudley have a couple.

Well done to Edgeworth for hosting and running the bbq, weather was great no need for a jumper. Good to get a full complement of referees, All of which probably normally officiated at a higher level. Would have been good if the other couple of teams we asked to play away to dudley agreed, But they have their reasons.

Good win to Dudley reserves, Edgeworth reserves are probably the team to beat.
Good win by Edgeworth firsts, even game but Edgeworth took their chances so they deserve the points.

Brown town
30-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Bolwarra v Mayfield
6-1 to bolwarra in both grades

LeKobe
02-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Azzuri beat Kahibah 4-3 and I heard it was a great back and forth game.

Argy beat RAAF 11-4??? Seems like they're a team that just enjoys scoring goals.

riverboy
02-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Argy beat RAAF 11-4??? Seems like they're a team that just enjoys scoring goals.

Most people do especially off the field bro

la bazzle
02-05-2016, 11:50 AM

Gee whizz that's a shalacking! anyone there?

LeKobe
02-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Gee whizz that's a shalacking! anyone there?
I'm guessing RAAF just scored a couple of consolation goals towards the end of the game. Guess that proves they aren't completely unbeatable...or maybe they just mixed up their team and threw the forwards in the back and their backs up front just for a bit of fun. LOL

Kyleshazz
02-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah mate I was there. What do you want to know?

la bazzle
02-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Yeah mate I was there. What do you want to know?

Was it ever a contest or were they consolation goals?

Kyleshazz
02-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Was it ever a contest or were they consolation goals?

Argy headed in to this game as if it was war. It's was a really tough battle. Raff are a pretty good team. It was only 3-1 at half time, with raff bringing out the fighter jets in the second half to drop some bombs on us to score a quick goal. With Argy (also known as Russians) winning 3-2 at this stage thought they would bring out the nuclea weapons and unleashed on the raff team scoring 8 goals witch ended the game with raff waving the white flag to surrender at the full time whistle.

Charman
02-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Argy headed in to this game as if it was war. It's was a really tough battle. Raff are a pretty good team. It was only 3-1 at half time, with raff bringing out the fighter jets in the second half to drop some bombs on us to score a quick goal. With Argy (also known as Russians) winning 3-2 at this stage thought they would bring out the nuclea weapons and unleashed on the raff team scoring 8 goals witch ended the game with raff waving the white flag to surrender at the full time whistle.

One Argie player has already scored 19 goals, nuff said.

la bazzle
02-05-2016, 11:06 PM
That's brilliant

Cloudywithachanceofbanter
02-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Argenton is a team of 3 players consisting of 2 in the centre of the park and 1 bloke up front who has scored 19 goals also with a backline of a few shakey younger blokes. Argy certainly the team to beat but once their big centre forward is closed out of the game a win could come quite easy.

BP Super Dynamos
03-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Argenton is a team of 3 players consisting of 2 in the centre of the park and 1 bloke up front who has scored 19 goals also with a backline of a few shakey younger blokes. Argy certainly the team to beat but once their big centre forward is closed out of the game a win could come quite easy.

Argy definitely beatable. We (Abermain) went down 3-1, including 2 penalties. All scored by their striker. Everything went through him. Shut him down (not easy) and they have not much else

WolfMan
03-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Sounds like this guy is pretty handy.

Is he young or a bit older? Wonder if he would be interested in testing himself at a higher level...

And no I have nothing to do with the higher level. Just an open question

leftrightout
03-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Sounds like this guy is pretty handy.

Is he young or a bit older? Wonder if he would be interested in testing himself at a higher level...

And no I have nothing to do with the higher level. Just an open question

I know who they are talking about and he is a very quality player. He has played a higher level in the past but he wouldnt have the "condition" (polite way to put it?) to play there now, also probably just not interested. Not sure how old he is sorry.
He is deceivingly quick for a bigger guy and gee he can shoot!
When i found out he was playing for Argy i believe my words were "He will score a mountain of goals"

WolfMan
03-05-2016, 08:11 AM
I know who they are talking about and he is a very quality player. He has played a higher level in the past but he wouldnt have the "condition" (polite way to put it?) to play there now, also probably just not interested. Not sure how old he is sorry.
When i found out he was playing for Argy i believe my words were "He will score a mountain of goals"

Thanks for the response. Good stuff

Bushranger
03-05-2016, 08:44 AM
It was a big ask for bolwarra on the weekend against mayfield , with the first grade squad only scoring one goal and earning one point in its last 3 hit outs (azzuri, kahiba and argy). But both teams dug deep and walked away with a 6-1 score line.
Reserve grade-
New recruit Michael chiwara scored an incredible hat-trick, Aaron cook bagged himself a brace while jack Bennett took charge of a penalty to make it 6-1. Players player Michael chiwara
First grade- With the team being struck with injuries in the previous week it was a big ask for the boys to get the win. Daniel stoneman opened the scoring and continued on to make his hat-trick. While Riley Innes got himself a double with a cheeky chip over the goalkeeper in the first half and a perfect free kick in the second half, Josh Murphy's class shined above as he scored the sixth goal of the day. Players player Daniel stoneman

LeKobe
03-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Argy definitely beatable. We (Abermain) went down 3-1, including 2 penalties. All scored by their striker. Everything went through him. Shut him down (not easy) and they have not much else

Despite the overwhelming amount of praise for this lad, I think if it were just a 1-man team they would have been stopped by now. When I saw them play they had control all over the field and the 'bloke up front''s finishing ability is just an added bonus for them. The tall young fella in the middle of the park (#10 I think) does a hell of a lot of work for them in there. I'm not a huge fan of talking tactics and strategies on here, but if I was a coach of the opposing team, I'd be telling my team that he's the real danger.

You shut him down, you have no service to the iconic 'bloke up front'.

Enjoying this banter between teams but. LOL.

03-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Despite the overwhelming amount of praise for this lad, I think if it were just a 1-man team they would have been stopped by now. When I saw them play they had control all over the field and the 'bloke up front''s finishing ability is just an added bonus for them. The tall young fella in the middle of the park (#10 I think) does a hell of a lot of work for them in there. I'm not a huge fan of talking tactics and strategies on here, but if I was a coach of the opposing team, I'd be telling my team that he's the real danger.

You shut him down, you have no service to the iconic 'bloke up front'.

Enjoying this banter between teams but. LOL.

When i was referring to the two in the middle of the park he was one i was refering to.
He is a younger fella but holds his own very well and certainly controls the midfield. Tbh though wouldnt be a very good coach if you didnt consider closing the number 7 up front out of the game lol.

LeKobe
03-05-2016, 11:56 AM
When i was referring to the two in the middle of the park he was one i was refering to.
He is a younger fella but holds his own very well and certainly controls the midfield. Tbh though wouldnt be a very good coach if you didnt consider closing the number 7 up front out of the game lol.

LOL you are very correct! I meant however that the goal scoring machine up front isn't everything for them and an opposing team probably shouldn't place all their eggs in one basket trying to shut down only him. But yes, they should still be very weary of him HA. Should be a fantastic game at Argy this week against Azzuri. Will probably make it out to watch that one.

jussimac
03-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Daniel stoneman opened the scoring and continued on to make his hat-trick. Players player Daniel stoneman geez, I'd hate to see the defence in that game if Daniel stoneman is scoring hat-tricks 😅 Haha

riverboy
03-05-2016, 09:06 PM

So who is this guy? Where has he played? Level?

Kyleshazz
04-05-2016, 06:04 PM
So who is this guy? Where has he played? Level?

Sounds like this guy doesn't exist

BP Super Dynamos
04-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Think his name is Ty. Heard (a few years ago) he'd played for Southy

Kyleshazz
05-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Think his name is Ty. Heard (a few years ago) he'd played for Southy

No he didn't.

BP Super Dynamos
05-05-2016, 06:28 PM
No he didn't.
Care to enlighten us then?

Kyleshazz
06-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I know he didn't play at southy, he's played at a few clubs. Maitland, edgy and lakes

LeKobe
07-05-2016, 08:19 PM
LOL, interesting recap of the game... I went out to Argy and caught the first grade game. Definitely was a back and forth game and I have no doubt these two will be up there towards the end of the season. Think it may be the first game that the #7 up front didn't have a blinder, and still Argy were dominant. Azzuri we're going good in patches, including scoring the first goal, but being good in patches against Argy obviously isn't enough. Not trying to put down Azzuri at all, they're a strong team, but Argy are definitely the strongest side.

#10 in the middle, as I said, was the danger. Although he doesn't get up and score much, he controls the middle of the park and dictates the pace of the game. #13, long haired bloke in the middle, is also a solid player. Any team that desires to beat Argy is going to have to win it in the middle of the park.

Fantastic game to watch but. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cudos to both teams.

Charman
07-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Dudley v bolwara
Res 1-3. Pen each, bolwara dominated, prob 70-30 posession. Good side, deserved the win but we can compete. Bolwara keeper sent late in 2nd half when up 3-0, silly move from him.
1st 1-2. Pretty even game and to be fair we probably were slightly better team. Plenty borderline challenges and once their 10 copped a card after his fifteenth crude challenge he settled down. They do like to play the man not the ball. big side who try to intimidate. The 10 loves the banter, shame he cant shoot or stay onside.
Bolwara are a strong squad and cudos to them, they compete well and have guys in res who would be in firsts elsewhere.
FYI, we are a licenced club, please support the canteen. No biggie just putting it out there. If everyone could post licenced or not it would help all clubs and stop byo.

anfield
08-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Hats off to the new teams for their starts to the season this year. All appear finals bound. Argenton head that list, surely favourites for minors and promotion.

Seen Bolwarra yesterday, very solid across both grades. Must be favourites in reserves. They did have one or two that like the big hit more so then effectively completing the tackle.

Their has been plenty of talk about referees again across all grades this year. Why dont they like giving out red cards?, surely its not the paperwork. There should have been 3 more given out yesterday across both games.
Top of the list was the bolwarra's defender tackle in firsts. Studs up across the ball, could have easily broken a leg. People have to work.
10-15 minutes into the game, would have changed the game.

Bushranger
08-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Dudley v bolwara
1st 1-2. Pretty even game and to be fair we probably were slightly better team. Plenty borderline challenges and once their 10 copped a card after his fifteenth crude challenge he settled down. They do like to play the man not the ball. big side who try to intimidate. The 10 loves the banter, shame he cant shoot or stay onside.
Bolwara are a strong squad and cudos to them, they compete well and have guys in res who would be in firsts elsewhere.

Bolwarra walk away with 3 points in both grades.

BP Super Dynamos
08-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Abermain v Edgeworth
Firsts 2-0
Reserves 0-0

anfield
08-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Bolwarra walk away with 3 points in both grades.

Bolwarra walk away wuth points, Dudley limp away with ice packs. 6 points, good return.

la bazzle
10-05-2016, 09:48 AM
LOL, interesting recap of the game... I went out to Argy and caught the first grade game. Definitely was a back and forth game and I have no doubt these two will be up there towards the end of the season. Think it may be the first game that the #7 up front didn't have a blinder, and still Argy were dominant. Azzuri we're going good in patches, including scoring the first goal, but being good in patches against Argy obviously isn't enough. Not trying to put down Azzuri at all, they're a strong team, but Argy are definitely the strongest side.

#10 in the middle, as I said, was the danger. Although he doesn't get up and score much, he controls the middle of the park and dictates the pace of the game. #13, long haired bloke in the middle, is also a solid player. Any team that desires to beat Argy is going to have to win it in the middle of the park.

Fantastic game to watch but. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cudos to both teams.

Argy were quality it was a decent game all round. Argy fans are even better, need more of it.

More importantly Azzurri ressies finally got the monkey off our back

Ex Machina
13-05-2016, 02:07 PM
To breath some life into this thread...

Predictions for the weekends across both grades, anyone?

la bazzle
13-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Kahibah v Argy - Argy too good
RAAF v Duderz - Draw
Azzurri v Mayfield - Azzurri just
Bolwarra v Abermain - Abermain

BP Super Dynamos
13-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Argy
Dudley
Azzurri
Draw

Brown town
13-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Argy
Dudley
Azzurri
Draw

Dont you play for abermain?
Why are you only backing ur guys for a draw?

Brown town
13-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Argy
Dudley
Azzurri
Rangers

Kyleshazz
13-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Azzuri just 😂😂

BP Super Dynamos
14-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Dont you play for abermain?
Why are you only backing ur guys for a draw?

Because I'm a realist. Our form has been patchy, whilst you guys look to be very solid.

If this forum is anything to go off, we'll kick each other into oblivion and finish the the matches with 8 players each. Should be a great arvo of football

WolfMan
14-05-2016, 04:56 PM
If this forum is anything to go off, we'll kick each other into oblivion and finish the the matches with 8 players each. Should be a great arvo of football

I lol'd. Superb

riverboy
14-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Because I'm a realist. Our form has been patchy, whilst you guys look to be very solid.

Thats what I was thinking. Was there more cards or goals.

Charman
14-05-2016, 07:09 PM
drufc v raaf
Res 6-3
1st 7-3
Well done guys 6 points in an arvo of goals.
Well done guy who scored 3 in res and a late cameo in 1st scoring 2 more. Thats a day out!

BP Super Dynamos
14-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Bolwarra v Abermain
Reserves 2-1. After taking the lead early in the 2nd half, Bolwarra's younger legs overran us to walk away with a deserved win.
Firsts 2-3. A see-sawing match with plenty of feeling. Abermain took an early lead only for the Bushrangers to quickly peg us back. Midway through the 2nd half we put away 2 quick goals. Bolwarra hit back with 15 to go and then had a goal disallowed. The last few minutes were frenetic but we hung on to claim the 3 points.
A great day out with 2 tightly contested matches. A sprinkling of cards between both grades but the matches were played in good spirit.

la bazzle
14-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Azzuri just ����

Lol was a tight one

anfield
15-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Any scores
Kahibah v Argenton
Mayfield v Azzurri

la bazzle
15-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Azzurri 1sts 10-0
Azzurri ressies 3-1

riverboy
16-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Lol was a tight one

Not good at all. But dont laugh, we havnt been beaten by 17 this year.

Charman
16-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Still no news /scores on Argie v Kahibah. I thought it shaped as a good game on paper.

KYLESHAZZ, you out there?

la bazzle
16-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Not good at all. But dont laugh, we havnt been beaten by 17 this year.

Ouch! Ha, imagine what Magic would do to Mayfield then....

Prince Planet
16-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Still no news /scores on Argie v Kahibah. I thought it shaped as a good game on paper.

KYLESHAZZ, you out there?

Argie beat Kahibah in reserves but not sure of the score
First grade was a 2-2 draw after Kahibah was up 2-0

riverboy
16-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Ouch! Ha, imagine what Magic would do to Mayfield then....

Didnt take long to get a reaction. Still 17, at least you made the papers. Oh well you join the clubs that have been well and truly pumped in ffa cup by higher opposition.
M'brook
And im pretty sure dudley and Maryland copped a touch up last year.

Donk
16-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Didnt take long to get a reaction. Still 17, at least you made the papers. Oh well you join the clubs that have been well and truly pumped in ffa cup by higher opposition.
M'brook
And im pretty sure dudley and Maryland copped a touch up last year.
Westy a newfm team got pumped 13 nil or something like that

Kyleshazz
18-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Sorry for the late reply.
We had a 2-2 draw. In saying that they where probably a better team on the day but we both had our chances and didn't take them like we should of. Credit to Kahiba they come out firing. Argy will bounce back. We tried things we shouldn't have. But we learnt from our mistakes.
Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Charman
18-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Friday night special vs Azzuri is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS night. The Dudley lads will be playing in pink socks in support of this cause.
Azzuri lads are invited to stay and have a can and a sanga. Fire pit will be raging and the Footy will be on the Telly.
Look forward to a good night of football in what shapes as two tight games.

la bazzle
18-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Friday night special vs Azzuri is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS night. The Dudley lads will be playing in pink socks in support of this cause.
Azzuri lads are invited to stay and have a can and a sanga. Fire pit will be raging and the Footy will be on the Telly.
Look forward to a good night of football in what shapes as two tight games.

That's awesome, will let the boys know at training. Nice work

la bazzle
21-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Azzurri 3-2 ressies
Azzurri 5-1 firsts

Charman
21-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Azzuri take the 6 points away, good night for them, bad night for us. Res they knocked in 3 pretty decent goals and their keeper made a number of quality saves.
1st, too good. Dudley need to wipe the slate and start again or the season will quickly slip away.
Thanks to azzuri for supporting the club. One thing for sure, in all my years I have never been told we were too "nice" in both grades! That was a comment from azzuri, must have been while we were standing around the fire singing coom bye ah. We best fix that "nice" thing real quick.

E.J.S.C ZL
21-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Edgeworth vs Bolwarra Lorn

2nds 4-1 Bolwarra Lorn
1sts 3-0 Edgeworth

BP Super Dynamos
22-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Rams v RAAF @ Orange St
Reserves - 3-0 to RAAF
1sts - 4-0 to RAAF whilst we missed 3 penalties in the 2nd half

23-05-2016, 10:23 AM
One things certain about this comp and that is anythings possible.
Gonna go out on a limb here abd being close to half way through the season im going to pick the top 4 being Argy finishing 1st Azzuri grabbing second Kahibah 3rd and with Edgy just clinching a 4th place finish.
Might kick off some banter so anyone else want to add onto that ?

Brown town
23-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Gonna go out on a limb here abd being close to half way through the season im going to pick the top 4 being Argy finishing 1st Azzuri grabbing second Kahibah 3rd and with Edgy just clinching a 4th place finish.
You are not wrong. The bottom half of the top 4 will be very tightly contested. Looking at the results over the last couple of weeks the only team that i would write off would be Mayfield.

anfield
23-05-2016, 08:12 PM

The table doesnt lie, Argenton, Azzurri and Kahibah look certainties for finals. 4th spot will go to whichever team can put some wins together.

As for us at Dudley, 2 wins out of 6 games shows where we are at. 2 decent wins but some poor performances in some of the other games. Having 8 out on friday nights Azzurri match didnt help, but no excuses every team has these issues.

23-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Also RAAF starting to string some wins together which is another top team with their strongest 11 available, from past experiance i would have to say they are another team to watch out for when full strength.

Ex Machina
25-05-2016, 09:36 AM
one thing's for sure. reserve grade results are all over the shot...

the_butcher
25-05-2016, 10:51 AM

My prediction for top 4:
1. Argy
2. Azzurri
3. Kahibah
4. bolwarra

Thoughts?

I called this pretty early on so I have to stick with it. 4th spot looks like it could be anyone's.

I actually rated Dudley last Friday night. The scoreline looks like a belting but Dudley played some good footy in the first half. If they could maintain the same intensity throughout the match they would be hard to beat. Mayfield are diabolical.

the_butcher
25-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Reserve Grade:
1. Bolwarra
2. Azzurri
3. Argy
4. Dudley

la bazzle
26-05-2016, 02:56 PM
This week

Argy win v Mayf

Azzurri win v Rams

Kahibah win v Duderz

RAAF draw Edgy

hawk
27-05-2016, 10:34 AM
one thing's for sure. reserve grade results are all over the shot...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/cb/16/1dcb16a69dcfdbce75f5e03bca0e6e04.jpg

E.J.S.C ZL
28-05-2016, 05:58 PM
RAAF VS Edgeworth

2nds 3-2 Edgeworth
1sts 3-0 Edgeworth

BP Super Dynamos
29-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Hamilton v Abermain
Reggies 2-1 to the Rams
1sts 6-1 to Azzurri

anfield
29-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Kahibah v Dudley
Firsts 1-1
Dudley led early, Kahibah laid siege to Dudley goal in second half and got deserved goal. Dudley strong in defence
Reserves 2-1
Kahibah scored late to secure win. They finished strong, poor finish for Dudley 2 weeks in a row.

Charman
04-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Dudley v argie
Firstly, great work by our committee, they didnt jump at shadows and kept the grounds open. The track was a bit heavy but certainly playable. Great call guys.
Res 1-1. Argie prob played into the wind better but our defence pretty good. A late goal for both teams. Draw? Both teams felt 2 points lost.
1st 2-2. Dudley up 2-0. Real shame couldn't take all 3 points. Argie had chances, our keeper had a ripper of a game. Bring on rd 2.
IMO azzuri best team over the whole park, argie most dangerous when it falls their way and bolwarra best team in res by a fair margin. The battle for remaining finals spots is wide open.

BP Super Dynamos
05-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Another tough day for the Rams at home to Kahibah. Reggies went down 2-0 whilst firsts were on the wrong side of a 4-2 scoreline

Ex Machina
06-06-2016, 11:59 AM
was the Bolwarra vs RAAF games played over the weekend? any scores from them?

LeKobe
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Didn't get out to watch this, but seems my original prediction of Argy dominating everyone in their path was a little off. Both Dudley and Kahibah have showed they're beatable and now they sit 2nd behind Azzuri. Think it shows everyone can lose in the league if they don't perform well. From what I've seen, I think Kahibah and Argy will be the Grand Final, however Azzuri continue to surprise me. Will be interesting to see how the second half of the season goes. Well done to Dudley, you guys are slowly picking up valuable points.

My prediction
1. Argy(only just)
2. Azzuri
3. Kahibah
4. Edgy

Also, a quick question on the finals format. Is ZL3 playing 1v4 & 2v3 over 2 legs, or the traditional 1v2, 3v4 system?

hawk
10-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Also, a quick question on the finals format. Is ZL3 playing 1v4 & 2v3 over 2 legs, or the traditional 1v2, 3v4 system?

New one.

Just sit back sneak into 4th then fire up. win

rawr.
10-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Didn't get out to watch this, but seems my original prediction of Argy dominating everyone in their path was a little off. Both Dudley and Kahibah have showed they're beatable and now they sit 2nd behind Azzuri. Think it shows everyone can lose in the league if they don't perform well. From what I've seen, I think Kahibah and Argy will be the Grand Final, however Azzuri continue to surprise me. Will be interesting to see how the second half of the season goes. Well done to Dudley, you guys are slowly picking up valuable points.

My prediction
1. Argy(only just)
2. Azzuri
3. Kahibah
4. Edgy

1v4 & 2v3 over 2 legs
Sat/Sun matches

BP Super Dynamos
11-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Abermain v Argenton @ Orange Street
Reserves 3-2 Argy
Firsts 4-1 Argy

Charman
11-06-2016, 09:34 PM
DRUFC v mayfield.
Res 7-1. Could have been more. Few guys got a bit greedy and went for goal when the assist was on.
1st 7-2. Up 7-0 after 25mins. Mayfield must have shown improvement after that.
To be fair, anyteam that wear those playing kits either has to be shit hot or deserves a flogging.
Only 2 officials on a weekend of junior free football???

BP Super Dynamos
12-06-2016, 08:45 AM
We had 2 officials as well Charman. Maybe refs, like players, decided to make the most of the long weekend and take the Saturday off

Kyleshazz
12-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Abermain v Argy
Nothing better than playing away and having the sideline yell banter at you all game. It's good to get that kinda support at these games.
Abermain might be one of the dirtiest teams in the first round but after the weekend there actually a good bunch of blokes and where unlucky with a few injuries into the season. Fully fit abermain are a hard team to beat. After a number of them backing up from reserve grade Argy come home too strong. Well done to the Argy boys in both grades.

Stryker
12-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Charman, probs needs to be more thankful that you had any refs? So many games go without. Long wkend means ppl go away. Abuse means there are less guys who want to waste their wkend refing. If you knew how bad the situation was, you would look at things a bit differently

riverboy
12-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Stryker
12-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Seperate ref assoc's between juniors and seniors. Some refs in the local assoc will step up to the senior games but most are happy just to do the level they like and comfortable with. Plus there's not many young ones that would be keen to ref guys twice their age.

Brown town
12-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Bolwarra v hamo
2-2 in reggies. Both started with 10 men. Good game. Bolwarra game from 2 down.
Firsts bolwarra 3-1. High quality first half. Rangers up 2-1 when hamo had 2 sent off. A third followed closely after. Hamilton finished with 8 players. Looked like both squads hit hard by the long weekend.

Kyleshazz
12-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Wonder how many unregistered players they will play next game with these suspensions. It's won't be a first for them.

Wilso8948
12-06-2016, 08:49 PM
You're*
Worry about you are spelling..

LeKobe
12-06-2016, 11:05 PM
LOL. I love the banter between the clubs, absolutely brilliant. This is just my second year following ZL3, but I love how everyone is so passionate about their clubs (except for maybe Mayfield, you guys seem to not care anymore...no offence).
But I digress, it's a great competition to follow. In a bit of a recap of the weekend, there's some nice battles being played out throughout the ladder. Azzuri and Argy are obviously going to go back and forth for top sport til the end, however I think Kahibah are just waiting for their time to pounce (perhaps In the finals?) While there's a nice battle for 4th spot between Edgy, Bolwarra and Abermain.
Really looking forward to see how things play out.
In regards to the refs being away, and I don't mean any offence, but this is ZL3. Because there is a distinct difference between Junior and senior refs, you're the bottom of the barrel at the moment, meaning with refs away, they're going to make sure that their higher grades in ZL and NPL have 3 refs before you. I'd stop whinging so much about having not only 3 refs and be happy you had at least 2.
Anyway, keep up the good work! This is a great league to follow.
(PS, how many has that 'bloke up front from Argy' scored now? Would have to be in the 30s id imagine?

anfield
13-06-2016, 03:30 PM
LOL. I love the banter between the clubs, absolutely brilliant. This is just my second year following ZL3, but I love how everyone is so passionate about their clubs (except for maybe Mayfield, you guys seem to not care anymore...no offence).
But I digress, it's a great competition to follow. In a bit of a recap of the weekend, there's some nice battles being played out throughout the ladder. Azzuri and Argy are obviously going to go back and forth for top sport til the end, however I think Kahibah are just waiting for their time to pounce (perhaps In the finals?) While there's a nice battle for 4th spot between Edgy, Bolwarra and Abermain.
Really looking forward to see how things play out.
In regards to the refs being away, and I don't mean any offence, but this is ZL3. Because there is a distinct difference between Junior and senior refs, you're the bottom of the barrel at the moment, meaning with refs away, they're going to make sure that their higher grades in ZL and NPL have 3 refs before you. I'd stop whinging so much about having not only 3 refs and be happy you had at least 2.
Anyway, keep up the good work! This is a great league to follow.
(PS, how many has that 'bloke up front from Argy' scored now? Would have to be in the 30s id imagine?

Kahibah are a team that definitely could push Azzurri and Argenton all the way for minor premiers.

Dont discount Dudley from the finals race, results against Abermain, Edgeworth and Bolwarra in coming weeks will be vital.

As for Mayfield, They appear to cop it from other teams. They do have decent support and following. They never gave up on saturday, they were down 7-0 in the first half. Would be nice if they took a point or two of someone.

la bazzle
13-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Wonder how many unregistered players they will play next game with these suspensions. It's won't be a first for them.

So far 6. But we're hoping to grab a NPL centre back to make it a neat 7

SomeonesDad
14-06-2016, 01:28 AM
So far 6. But we're hoping to grab a NPL centre back to make it a neat 7

Azzuri wouldn't do that. They wouldn't want to "ruin the game". ;)

Charman
18-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Hi all, can anyone confirm how many yellows before suspension? I know higher leagues is 5 but not sure on ours.

RANGER09
19-06-2016, 07:15 AM
4 for zone league

Kyleshazz
25-06-2016, 06:46 PM
What where the scores in the games today boys?

hawk
25-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Argy 4-1 Edgy

BP Super Dynamos
25-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Mayfield v Abermain
Reggies 3-0 Mayfield
1sts 7-3 to Abermain coming from 2-1 down at half time

la bazzle
27-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Azzurri v RAAF

Ressies RAAF 3-0

1sts Azzurri 4-0

Charman
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
DRUFC vs abermain
Res 2-0
1st 1-7. LB sent first half for 2 yellows, 1 resulted in a converted pen. 1/2 time 1-3. 10 mins 2nd half staight red to RB as last man challenge. Abermain were a different side to rd 1, something has changed. Possibly their coach?
Captain obvious says "very bad day for Dudley"

BP Super Dynamos
02-07-2016, 09:34 PM
A few new faces from round 1 Charman. You blokes still put up a good fight with 9 men

E.J.S.C ZL
03-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1sts 4-3 Edgeworth
2nds 1-1

LeKobe
05-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Haven't kept up with this league as much as I would have liked to recently. But after checking the ladder and results, it seems the almighty Argy aren't so almighty anymore. Couple of draws against teams shows they are human and has definitely opened up the competition for both Azzuri and Kahibah. the battle for 4th spot is quite interesting as well. My bet is with Bolwarra after looking at recent results. Any news on how the 'big 3' for Argy (think they were #7, 10, and 13) have been travelling? Heard there's been a bit of interest from higher leagues for them.

anfield
06-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Haven't kept up with this league as much as I would have liked to recently. But after checking the ladder and results, it seems the almighty Argy aren't so almighty anymore. Couple of draws against teams shows they are human and has definitely opened up the competition for both Azzuri and Kahibah. the battle for 4th spot is quite interesting as well. My bet is with Bolwarra after looking at recent results. Any news on how the 'big 3' for Argy (think they were #7, 10, and 13) have been travelling? Heard there's been a bit of interest from higher leagues for them.

'Big 3' really??? Your not confused with the Melbourne storm and a certain Slater, Cronk and Smith????

LeKobe
06-07-2016, 10:29 AM
LOL, I must admit "Big 3" is a bit rich. I was referring to a comment a user made earlier in the season that Argy 'only had 3 good players' and that's why they were winning. Because Argy have started to drop some points recently I was wondering whether those 3 were still even playing at the club or were just not performing like they were at the start of the season.

BP Super Dynamos
06-07-2016, 07:46 PM
The "Big 3" are still playing for Argy and still playing well. I think with the competition entering the 2nd round, teams are more aware of the threat they possess and are better equipped to deal with it. Having now played all sides, I rate Argy and Azzuri the standouts with Kahibah not far behind. Fourth will be either Bolwarra or Abermain

la bazzle
09-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Cheers Kahibah for not updating the wet weather web page or phone number. Awesome. Love showing up to an empty ground. Forfeit?

Premy
09-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Cheers Kahibah for not updating the wet weather web page or phone number. Awesome. Love showing up to an empty ground. Forfeit?

Not sure what number you called but at 10:30am when I called Kahibah was mentioned in grounds closed?

la bazzle
09-07-2016, 01:33 PM
The senior numbers for zone league. Apparently they let the juniors know but not the seniors. 1900920219

la bazzle
09-07-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-8218-0-0-0&sID=220011

Premy
09-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Lack of communication it seems.
I called Macquarie's Wet Weather line so that explains why it was washed out on that line.

la bazzle
09-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Absolute disgrace to be honest

LeKobe
10-07-2016, 09:25 AM
scores from yesterday? I went to watch Argenton vs. RAAF. I had 15-0 but it could have been more or less, I lost count halfway through. Looking forward to next week's Argenton vs. Azzuri would could very well decide the minor premiership and promotion.

BP Super Dynamos
17-07-2016, 03:59 AM
Edgy v Abermain
Reserves 4-0 I think. Possibly 5. Abermain had 9 players and dug in, but Edgy had too much.
1sts 2-1 to Abermain.

LeKobe
17-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Anyone got the scores from Argenton vs Azzuri? I wasn't able to get out to it but curious to see what the score was.

hawk
17-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Hamo Azz v Argy
1st 1-2
Res 0-3

No 7 scoring both Argy goals and he played forwards mids and backs, he everywhere

LeKobe
17-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Well then, seems to me that Argy may have wrapped up top spot and promotion. Honestly didn't see that coming from them at the start of the season. They're a strong squad, especially for their first season.

la bazzle
18-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Well then, seems to me that Argy may have wrapped up top spot and promotion. Honestly didn't see that coming from them at the start of the season. They're a strong squad, especially for their first season.

Yep they've got it from here, in the bag. Was a good game in 1sts on sunday a classic tale of two halves. The big man showing his class again.

the_butcher
18-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Hamo Azz v Argy
1st 1-2
Res 0-3

No 7 scoring both Argy goals and he played forwards mids and backs, he everywhere

You're not wrong! Game plan is simple: get him the ball. He is a Sunday league specialist: slow, over weight, smoker, great touch and killer shot! Plus I reckon he puts away a few schoo's god love him. Not sure how he would go in a higher division but Argy need to hang on to him as the rest of their first grade team wasn't that good imo. I'd say Bolwarra are a better footballing team as a whole but Argy's #7 just gives them that X-factor. In saying that I know that Argy were missing their CM who is a good ball player.

On the Azzurri vs Argy game, it really was a tale of two halves. First half was all Azzurri. Could have been 3 or 4 nil at half time. Second half was pretty much all Argy. Argy's #7 got on the ball a lot more and he was the only one in the team who looked like scoring. He bagged one after the ball was bouncing round in the 6 yard box and then scored another from distance.

On a different note, credit to the banter from both sides, was quality and was all taken with a laugh.

Congratulations to Argy on promotion and I wish them all the best for ID2's next year!

Kyleshazz
18-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Slow over weight smoker! Must be a one man team. Wow. Must be pretty shit 11 everyone has been fielding if they can't shut down one player. If it was a one player team have a think about how he gets the ball. And how Argy defend. He plays up front so the mid and the strikers in the opposing team must be at a whole new level. The bloke posting This must be a reserve grade player and doesn't know his football, God love him.

LeKobe
19-07-2016, 07:41 AM
LOL. while I won't get into the banter in this, I will say when I've watched Argy the few times this year, it was actually in games where the #7 up front didn't perform at his best - one of these games were actually against Azzuri earlier in the year (which they won) Yet they still manage to win almost every game. Every team will have their star player, but I think the Argenton squad as a whole is still extremely strong and that's why they're out in front by so much. The two that play in behind the #7 are also a big key to their success (hence why I called them the Big 3 earlier LOL). Despite Argenton most probably gaining promotion, the finals of this competition will still be very interesting to watch.

BP Super Dynamos
19-07-2016, 08:50 AM
As per Lekobe, I think Ty is the difference between a good team, and a great team. Argy are still a strong side, but he provides that little something else. The race for 4th is still wide open, although I think it'll come down to this weekend's clash between the Rams and Bushrangers

la bazzle
19-07-2016, 10:04 AM
As per Lekobe, I think Ty is the difference between a good team, and a great team.

I think this sums it up perfectly. Argy are good no argument there. But anyone watching the game on Sunday (can't comment on other games) the big man was far and away the difference between the two sides, was involved in everything positive and both goals obviously. Azzurri really could have done with some of that finishing.

anfield
20-07-2016, 06:58 AM
If abermain beat bolwarra 4th spot is pretty much theirs.

Kyleshazz
20-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Abermain have still gotta play kahiba and Hamilton. Tough run home.

LeKobe
20-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know when Azzuri vs. Kahibah match is taking place? I wouldn't mind watching that obe.