Anytime

cobra23
24-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Add these to rumour mill

Berlin
Hodgson
Hakin

To Cooks Hill believe it or not.

spoke with Berlin the other day and he told me he and Canli have re signed with the buds so put those two rumours to bed

late_to_the_game
24-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately heard differently, The Jets connection at Rosebuds with McGuiness could see Abe and a few more ex Jets to Adamstown.

Rosebuds have been down the Abe path before. Not sure they would want to go there again.

football_macigian23
24-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Edgeworth 1-0 win over Perth SC in Perth! Last two clubs in Aus.. I'm not an Edgy supporter but this is great for Northern NSW Footballl!!

Premy
25-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Edgeworth 1-0 win over Perth SC in Perth! Last two clubs in Aus.. I'm not an Edgy supporter but this is great for Northern NSW Footballl!!

Where is the Final?

The Postman
25-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Where is the Final?

Magic Park?

namwob99
25-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Where is the Final?

To be decided after 2nd Semi today between Sydney Utd and Brisbane Strikers. Works on some points system concerning cards and goals. One of the commentators yesty said that either of todays teams had to win by 2 goals to host otherwise it'll be in newy.

The Dunster
25-09-2016, 10:17 AM

it's a big moment for Newcastle football and evidence of the strength quality of the local competition being of a high standard.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-09-2016, 11:46 AM
robbing the juniors to fund the senior teams ?

I don't know so just asking a question. Nothing against the players or clubs.

Pretty much this, where ever sponsors don't cover.

Tonester
25-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Magic Park?

I'm getting my pizza delivered this time!

Premy
26-09-2016, 08:13 AM
To be decided after 2nd Semi today between Sydney Utd and Brisbane Strikers. Works on some points system concerning cards and goals. One of the commentators yesty said that either of todays teams had to win by 2 goals to host otherwise it'll be in newy.
Sydney United won 2-1
So does that mean Edgeworth host the final?

GO AWAY
26-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Sydney United won 2-1
So does that mean Edgeworth host the final?

I heard it was in Sydney

Reds Forever
26-09-2016, 10:04 AM
I heard it was in Sydney

Media reports that I read said it was being played at Edensor. Apparently Sydney United will ahve played all their games at home.

Unsure how points system works, but hardly seems fair that one team has played every game at home and the other away games.

The Magician
26-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Media reports that I read said it was being played at Edensor. Apparently Sydney United will ahve played all their games at home.

Unsure how points system works, but hardly seems fair that one team has played every game at home and the other away games.

Sydney Vs Newcastle... It happens

pv4
26-09-2016, 11:38 AM

Apparently what wrecked Edgy's chances of hosting the final was that they went to Extra Time v Bentleigh - which gave them less points than if they were to win in normal time.

Roundball Enthusiast
26-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Apparently what wrecked Edgy's chances of hosting the final was that they are a team from Newcastle.

Fixed.

Roundball Enthusiast
26-09-2016, 03:20 PM
https://twitter.com/FFA/status/780260099596046336

Imyourhero
28-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Did anyone spot that little paragraph in the herald that said Connor Evans was training with the jets?

halo se7en
29-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Did anyone spot that little paragraph in the herald that said Connor Evans was training with the jets?

Yeah I noticed that. I didn't think we had any spots left.

Tonester
29-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Yeah I noticed that. I didn't think we had any spots left.

Training doesn't imply signing,watched him last week in the FFA Cup for Blacktown and he didn't impress at all.

The Acolyte
29-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Hey Tonester, I have along memory and I recall you bagging Evans when he won player of the year in Newcastle. You also made the statement that he couldn't make the the rep. teams that Daniel made. Maybe he didn't even try out for those rep. teams as the difference in ages would suggest. He went to the top team in Sydney and was a starting player in every game for 2 years. They won a Premiership, the National NPL title and this year a Grand Final and made the final 8 of the FFA Cup. I know all this because I've followed his career since noticing him playing for Weston on BARTV. He can only hope that he continues to be unimpressive to you, because if you thought he had an ordinary game against SydneyFC you don't know what you're looking at. In a team that went ordinary he stood out.

magician
29-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Hey Tonester, I have along memory and I recall you bagging Evans when he won player of the year in Newcastle. You also made the statement that he couldn't make the the rep. teams that Daniel made. Maybe he didn't even try out for those rep. teams as the difference in ages would suggest. He went to the top team in Sydney and was a starting player in every game for 2 years. They won a Premiership, the National NPL title and this year a Grand Final and made the final 8 of the FFA Cup. I know all this because I've followed his career since noticing him playing for Weston on BARTV. He can only hope that he continues to be unimpressive to you, because if you thought he had an ordinary game against SydneyFC you don't know what you're looking at. In a team that went ordinary he stood out.

Thanks MR EVANS

Tonester
29-09-2016, 09:10 PM

Matter of opinion,I'd back my knowledge of football and footballers against yours anytime.As previously stated by Magician I would also like to thank you for your input Mr Evans.

The Acolyte
29-09-2016, 09:18 PM
I don't know if there is a MR. EVANS, if there is, at least he doesn't get on here beating the drum for his son as another is wont to do. I'm just a spectator that took an interest in a player that played a different type of football to most others in the Newcastle comp. and was adjudged the best in the competition {and was bagged by Tonester}. He went to Sydney and achieved more in 2 seasons than some of the LEGENDS of NNSWF achieve in their careers and this bucketmouth is still bagging him. Maybe if he turned up in a Chicken Man outfit he might get some credit from this expert.

Imyourhero
29-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Acolyte you rate him, Tonester doesn't.
At the end of the day neither opinion matters.

The Acolyte
29-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Another matter of opinion. I think that maybe you have a foul smell and a shiney elbow and you're comfortable with that.

The Acolyte
29-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Acolyte you rate him, Tonester doesn't.
At the end of the day neither opinion matters.

If young Birdy got an opportunity or an award and got bagged for it, I would have the same opinion as I also consider him a good footballer. Bagging one player doesn't make another player a better footballer

The Acolyte
29-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Magician and Tonester a bit of advice, stay away from the racecourse because both of you will be walking home with empty pockets

Tonester
30-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Another matter of opinion. I think that maybe you have a foul smell and a shiney elbow and you're comfortable with that.

Another matter of opinion,seems to me that you've been stalking young Connor for the last few years and you're comfortable with that.

The Acolyte
30-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Another matter of opinion,seems to me that you've been stalking young Connor for the last few years and you're comfortable with that.

That is quiet disturbing when you put it like that. However all the information is freely available if you just care to get facts before shooting your mouth off. I'm surprised a person of your vast knowledge of footballers and football wasn't aware of that. "Ol' Tonester look down and he spit on the ground , every time that boy get mentioned"

Goatscheese
30-09-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm surprised a person of your vast knowledge of footballers and football wasn't aware of that.

You talking about Tonestar here? I can't believe that is gone on for this long, anyone who has spent any time on here knows that Tonestar will never admit he is wrong even with the facts presented to him.

Surely there is a transfer to talk about rather than who was wrong about what.

Tonester
30-09-2016, 08:35 PM
That is quiet disturbing when you put it like that. However all the information is freely available if you just care to get facts before shooting your mouth off. I'm surprised a person of your vast knowledge of footballers and football wasn't aware of that. "Ol' Tonester look down and he spit on the ground , every time that boy get mentioned"

I doubt anyone else would be interested in garnering the said facts bar yourself. All I did was comment on an article regarding a trial and comment on one performance. You certainly took it upon yourself to defend what needed no defense. Makes one wonder.

Tonester
30-09-2016, 08:37 PM
You talking about Tonestar here? I can't believe that is gone on for this long, anyone who has spent any time on here knows that Tonestar will never admit he is wrong even with the facts presented to him.

Hello Goatshead long time no hear from. Still too soon.

The Acolyte
30-09-2016, 08:46 PM

Maybe when they legalize euthanasia we may get some happy transfer news regarding The Esteemed Headjob.

Trout
30-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Lakes will need a whole new squad in order to compete.

NewyTy
30-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Lakes will need a whole new squad in order to compete.

They've signed Tommy Sparre from Cooks Hill. Will create a force with Sam Walker. Lots of pace and goals. They'd tear NewFM apart together but NPL is a different question. I'm sure they're bringing a few troops in but with the security of three years confirmed, it's not like they'll have to break the bank to avoid finishing last like previous years. Not saying they'll tank but it's a chance for them to build for a year or two.

Tonester
01-10-2016, 04:11 AM
Maybe when they legalize euthanasia we may get some happy transfer news regarding The Esteemed Headjob.

That's quite witty coming from the uneducated Handjob.

Trout
01-10-2016, 08:02 AM
They've signed Tommy Sparre from Cooks Hill. Will create a force with Sam Walker. Lots of pace and goals. They'd tear NewFM apart together but NPL is a different question. I'm sure they're bringing a few troops in but with the security of three years confirmed, it's not like they'll have to break the bank to avoid finishing last like previous years. Not saying they'll tank but it's a chance for them to build for a year or two.
Not so sure about that, NPL defenders possess a lot more ability then NewFm defenders, making it hard.
Walkers are only NPL level players lakes have...

Tonester , Evans is twice the player Bird is.... Move on

boz-monaut
01-10-2016, 08:47 AM
I couldn't find a reference to it in this thread but the NPL final this Sunday will be streamed live

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com.au/article/live-stream---ps4-npl-2016-grand-final/bk2befg6umil1jndr6kpvuj5f

Tonester
01-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Not so sure about that, NPL defenders possess a lot more ability then NewFm defenders, making it hard.
Walkers are only NPL level players lakes have...

Tonester , Evans is twice the player Bird is.... Move on

You make one observation in regard to a single performance and people want to crucify you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions you and your companions can have yours I have mine. It's just that yours is a pisser hahaha.

Trout
01-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Played against both of these boys, that's how I base the opinion.
The lesser is still a good player though.
No disrespect intended

Pups
01-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Played against both of these boys, that's how I base the opinion.
The lesser is still a good player though.
No disrespect intended

Ok

Mr_BoJaNgLeS
01-10-2016, 08:16 PM
I hear experienced striker and centre back on the way out from charlestown. Possible Maguire looking for a new shirt also... Dawn of a new day perhaps or silly move? Go away?

winner
01-10-2016, 09:54 PM
I hear experienced striker and centre back on the way out from charlestown. Possible Maguire looking for a new shirt also...Signing nothing players cheap on a hope but not keen on a couple of "experienced" heads. Dawn of a new day perhaps or silly move? Go away?

Scott Smith to Lakes
Todd McSorley to Jaffas

GO AWAY
02-10-2016, 08:18 AM
I hear experienced striker and centre back on the way out from charlestown. Possible Maguire looking for a new shirt also... Dawn of a new day perhaps or silly move? Go away?

You are telling the story mate, three posts and all trying to destabilise azzurri, you have a problem with Azzurri or former people at the club and obviously a new found love for lakes ??? Hhhhmmmm ...... Scott was awarded life membership of Azzurri recently, first current player to be awarded so, do you really think he'd leave that honour when he has so many club records in his sights , Mcsoreley and Maguire I don't know about sorry

EH9
02-10-2016, 09:00 AM
You are telling the story mate, three posts and all trying to destabilise azzurri, you have a problem with Azzurri or former people at the club and obviously a new found love for lakes ??? Hhhhmmmm ...... Scott was awarded life membership of Azzurri recently, first current player to be awarded so, do you really think he'd leave that honour when he has so many club records in his sights , Mcsoreley and Maguire I don't know about sorry

Clever play by the Azzurri to hand Scott the Life Membership.

GO AWAY
02-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Clever play by the Azzurri to hand Scott the Life Membership.

Not clever, just well deserved, bloke could have left for more $ numerous times, chose to stay and play for his club unlike other money chasers, chasing most appearances and most goals for the club maybe one day , can't see him going anywhere. The words of one very prominent player from this year, just show me where to sign, I just love the club ......

Mr_BoJaNgLeS
02-10-2016, 12:00 PM
No need for me to destabilize azzuri. Reading the forum here it seems they done that on their own. I didn't realise I had to have lots of posts before I asked any questions.

GO AWAY
02-10-2016, 01:17 PM
I don't care if you have had 600 posts, every one of them will try upset the apple cart, ain't going to work, new people, new times.... Don't need to prove to you that things are now different. Have fun looking at them twin bridges

The Acolyte
02-10-2016, 03:53 PM
On another note , good luck to Edgy today. Garna Iggles, the pride of the Hunter.

hawk
02-10-2016, 05:03 PM
On another note , good luck to Edgy today. Garna Iggles, the pride of the Hunter.

78th minute down 2-1. wish they'd push forward more often

pv4
02-10-2016, 06:47 PM
I went down to the game. Su58 were good. Edgy just didn't match them. Heat didn't help - maybe should have went an evening kickoff.

Su58s goal was a lucky deflection but all of Trifiro's 3 goals were very good. He's just a standard above the rest of those blokes,even at his walking pace. And with the work Triantis & the su58 captain did behind him & Nikas, su58 pretty much shut edgy out.

I reckon that game was the least I've seen edgy take it to a team. I think that was in part due to playing Moryiasu over Taylor - they just didn't seem as energetic going forward than what I'm used to seeing.

Fogarty struggled with his kicking, and was bested several times on the day unfortunately. He still hasn't seen this one shot that hit the upright.

I genuinely believe the artificial turf played a large factor. I'm led to believe Rockdale are the only NPL side in sydney that don't use artificial. So su58 just seem more used to it than edgy.

Love the setup at edensor. King tom right next door. Extremely jealous that clubs in newy don't have such a great setup.

The Acolyte
02-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Watched the live stream and thought Edgy's passing game wasn't as clean as SU's. The surface was obviously an issue. If they could have come to terms with it I feel they would have really pushed them. It also showed how good you have to be in defence against the Sydney sides, Triantis' last two goals were defensive errors , even though they were nice goals.

pv4
02-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Watched the live stream and thought Edgy's passing game wasn't as clean as SU's. The surface was obviously an issue. If they could have come to terms with it I feel they would have really pushed them. It also showed how good you have to be in defence against the Sydney sides, Triantis' last two goals were defensive errors , even though they were nice goals.

Trifiro's* goals.

Panny Nikas hit the freekick that got deflected for the first goal, and Glen Trifiro got a hattrick after that.

The Acolyte
02-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Trifiro's* goals.

Panny Nikas hit the freekick that got deflected for the first goal, and Glen Trifiro got a hattrick after that.

Sorry, those names are all Greek to me.

Tonester
03-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Sorry, those names are all Greek to me.

Just add yoghurt you'll be right. Sour milk n all suits the theme of all your posts.

Tonester
03-10-2016, 12:19 AM
No need for me to destabilize azzuri. Reading the forum here it seems they done that on their own. I didn't realise I had to have lots of posts before I asked any questions.

Don't worry Go Away just another numbnut who posts stuff on here just for the sake of it. No substance just innuendo. Let him be he'll just fade away.

winner
03-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Just add yoghurt you'll be right. Sour milk n all suits the theme of all your posts.

Is young birdy playing at Olympic again next year Tonester

Tonester
03-10-2016, 12:51 AM
Is young birdy playing at Olympic again next year Tonester

As far as I know he's going to Canada next month but I'm sure his girlfriend is hoping he'll be back by April. I know that if he gets back in time he'll be back at Olympic. What I find disheartening is that given the opportunity he would have stayed at Azzuri but due to a lack of wanting he was forced out of the club and know I can't see him playing for anyone other than Olympic.

plague
03-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Did Millsy really fly agent McBreen back from a family holiday in Fiji for the game today?

The Acolyte
03-10-2016, 02:52 AM
As far as I know he's going to Canada next month but I'm sure his girlfriend is hoping he'll be back by April. I know that if he gets back in time he'll be back at Olympic. What I find disheartening is that given the opportunity he would have stayed at Azzuri but due to a lack of wanting he was forced out of the club and know I can't see him playing for anyone other than Olympic.

Excuse me for being pedantic, given my uneducated status but I'm pretty sure the word is NOW-meaning at the present time, as against KNOW - meaning knowledge, of which I'm well aware you have in abundance Dronestar

pv4
03-10-2016, 03:06 AM
Did Millsy really fly agent McBreen back from a family holiday in Fiji for the game today?

McBreen 100% played so.. i guess so?

Swanky
03-10-2016, 08:31 AM
I genuinely believe the artificial turf played a large factor. I'm led to believe Rockdale are the only NPL side in sydney that don't use artificial. So su58 just seem more used to it than edgy.

Sydney Olympic play out of Belmore Oval which is still grass
Wollongong also play on grass but with Rockdale are the only 3 in NPL1 that play on real grass I'm pretty sure

pv4
03-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Wollongong also play on grass but with Rockdale are the only 3 in NPL1 that play on real grass I'm pretty sure

Cheers.

It's such a big investment. I was talking to some guys from su58 and they said the upgrade to synthetic at Edensor cost $700k and was entirely funded by the King Tom club. Insanity. No newcastle team could ever afford synthetic without some serious government funding.

magician
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Tom Davies and Marcus Duncan both back at Olympic next year.

Tonester
03-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Excuse me for being pedantic, given my uneducated status but I'm pretty sure the word is NOW-meaning at the present time, as against KNOW - meaning knowledge, of which I'm well aware you have in abundance Dronestar

Big night at the football few too many ales,kudos to you well spotted,by the way who pointed it out for you.

The Magician
03-10-2016, 03:10 PM

Rockdale have been approved to have full synthetic upgrade. 100% funded by local council. Should be ready for NPL season 2017.

The Acolyte
03-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Big night at the football few too many ales,kudos to you well spotted,by the way who pointed it out for you.

I'm finally learning to read and write and have been right into comprehension. I can now nearly work out what to order at Kentucky Fried, so I am happy with my progress. In this case though my 4 year old found it.

goaliepersempre
03-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Cheers.

It's such a big investment. I was talking to some guys from su58 and they said the upgrade to synthetic at Edensor cost $700k and was entirely funded by the King Tom club. Insanity. No newcastle team could ever afford synthetic without some serious government funding.

sorry.. but no no no no no to synthetic... In a country like australia there should be no need for it... (plus im still not overly convinced re long term injuries) over here naturally we have synthetic/artificial due to the winter months etc.. It is a perfect tool for training, club team capacity and so forth.. but I find the football just not the same on artificial turf and personally allways feel much more sore after a game and training session on artificial turf.. dislike playing dislike watching.... WE have 2 superleague teams currently that play with synthetic.. it limits the stadiums abilities to host games and it just isnt the same feel.. Plus they struggle immensly on proper turf... Just not completly convinced personal oppionion...

GazFish35
04-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Synthetic pitches linked to goalkeepers getting cancer too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/artificial-turf-rubber-crumbs-cancer-documentary-1.3307224

Tonester
04-10-2016, 06:02 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/artificial-turf-rubber-crumbs-cancer-documentary-1.3307224

Why is that?Do they tend to smoke during hot weather?

pv4
04-10-2016, 08:38 AM
For those reading the herald writeup on the game, and saw the bit about the disallowed Edgy goal from the corner - it was a blatant, clear handball by McBreen. I'm talking Thierry Henry vs Ireland style handball. And when the ref & linesman talked to each other about it, McBreen was given a yellow and he was smiling & having a laugh with the ref about it. Clear as day, not even worth considering a goal.

GO AWAY
04-10-2016, 11:54 AM
If you watched the Koori cup yesterday, there is an indigenous team picked from predominately NPL and Newfm players, going to compete at the national championships in Nowra From nov 3-6, fair squad picked, couple of old heads and a lot of youngens..... Nnsw unfortunately are not helping out financially in anyway, which I thought even a little would have helped

hawk
04-10-2016, 12:02 PM

That is too big a risk to continue with.

EH9
04-10-2016, 12:26 PM
If you watched the Koori cup yesterday, there is an indigenous team picked from predominately NPL and Newfm players, going to compete at the national championships in Nowra From nov 3-6, fair squad picked, couple of old heads and a lot of youngens..... Nnsw unfortunately are not helping out financially in anyway, which I thought even a little would have helped

Who is in the team?

GO AWAY
04-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Who is in the team?

Kye Abraham
Jake Racz
Ayden Brice *
Chad Hugo
Tallan Martin
Jayden Monssey
Jarrod Purcell
Keanu Moore
Troy Hearfield
Brody Taylor **
Sam Webb

Reece Rayner
David Bourne
Taj Abraham
Lachlan Bellenger
Jordan Purcell

Allowed two non indigenous.

ForeverRed
04-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Seriously, 2 non indigenous players, what's the point, defeats the purpose

GO AWAY
04-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Seriously, 2 non indigenous players, what's the point, defeats the purpose

Yeah not sure on the theory, I suppose some clubs can bring in some big names that aren't aboriginal, I know they will all be numbered 15 or 16 so they are not up for selection in the national indigenous team selected at end of tournament.

Tonester
04-10-2016, 03:56 PM
That is too big a risk to continue with.

Am I the only one who thinks these studies are just a load of bollocks.How these findings are thought of as anything other than a total wank is beyond me. It's like a study that states car accidents are linked to air pollution. Next thing they'll want you to believe in climate change!

pv4
04-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these studies are just a load of bollocks.How these findings are thought of as anything other than a total wank is beyond me.

The article clearly says the evidence is anecdotal.

But honestly, with the numbers they're seeing - like 34/38 footballers dealing with cancer are goalkeepers, it's hard not to at least raise the questions like they are doing. And it looks as if questions are being asked, and further studies are being done. Which if anything, can't hurt.

If it turns out ingesting this rubber leads to cancer, like some are guessing now, we'll be thanking those people when these results are produced.

EH9
04-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Kye Abraham
Jake Racz
Ayden Brice *
Chad Hugo
Tallan Martin
Jayden Monssey
Jarrod Purcell
Keanu Moore
Troy Hearfield
Brody Taylor **
Sam Webb

Reece Rayner
David Bourne
Taj Abraham
Lachlan Bellenger
Jordan Purcell

Allowed two non indigenous.

Not a bad side at all! Who is coaching it?

GO AWAY
04-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Not a bad side at all! Who is coaching it?

Mick Hugo

The Dunster
04-10-2016, 05:58 PM
The article clearly says the evidence is anecdotal.

But honestly, with the numbers they're seeing - like 34/38 footballers dealing with cancer are goalkeepers, it's hard not to at least raise the questions like they are doing. And it looks as if questions are being asked, and further studies are being done. Which if anything, can't hurt.

If it turns out ingesting this rubber leads to cancer, like some are guessing now, we'll be thanking those people when these results are produced.

A study was done in 2010 in California documenting the inhalation and skin abrasion risks.
Unfortunately, lead and zinc which are used in tire production were not adequately factored into the study.

http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/publications/Documents/Tires%5C2010009.pdf

GazFish35
04-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Why is that?Do they tend to smoke during hot weather?

More time training on the ground, greater contact with the rubber pellets and breathing in any fumes that may be emitted.

Bremsstrahlung
05-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks these studies are just a load of bollocks.How these findings are thought of as anything other than a total wank is beyond me. It's like a study that states car accidents are linked to air pollution. Next thing they'll want you to believe in climate change!

Probably.
As PV4 has alluded to, these artificial pitches are relatively new. There are limited studies because they are so new and the long term effects of these pitches won't be known for some time. Sure, the theory is similar to cigarettes. If this promotes more thought and science to become involved with ensuring that these pitches are scientifically safer, that can only be a good thing.
I remember playing at A pre season game at Hills Sports artificial pitch, the grass pitch was washed out, but the day we played was 30++. You could smell the pitch, and feel the heat radiating from the little rubber beads. It wouldn't surprise me if prolonged exposure, deep breathing also, could have side effects. Not to mention the acute physical injuries of knee and ankle injuries and superficial burns. We had a guy instinctively slide on it, burnt from below knee to halfway up his thigh, looked very nasty.

Anyway, i'd much prefer they look to make it safer now, than in 20 years time when they figure out 20years worth of players are developing issues.

The Dunster
05-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Artificial grass has ruined tennis in Australia and I cannot for the life of me see what benefits it can provide for football or any other sport.

The situation with tennis is that it's used at amateur level but not for semi-pro or professional events. You then have kids developing their skills on a surface which has little to nothing in common with the surfaces they will face as they move towards the professional ranks.

Not an opinion either - professionals hate the shit and they all strongly advise kids to stay away from it if they ever want to develop the necessary skills to make a living at the game.

I think artificial grass for footballers will have the same issues - namely kids development will be towards what works best on artificial grass rather than what would work best on the surface they will play on as they progress towards becoming professional.

And for those saying the cost of natural grass is too high with maintenance and so on - wake the **** up. We have millions of people in this country either out of work or looking for more hours who could very easily provide these services.

The studies on cancer are not worth worrying about. Simply get rid of the shit and start putting down real fields. So what if weather stops games from being played ? Poor weather certainly didn't hinder Pele, Maradonna, or George Bests development.

Waste of time - **** it off.

Tonester
06-10-2016, 04:19 AM
Artificial grass has ruined tennis in Australia and I cannot for the life of me see what benefits it can provide for football or any other sport.

The situation with tennis is that it's used at amateur level but not for semi-pro or professional events. You then have kids developing their skills on a surface which has little to nothing in common with the surfaces they will face as they move towards the professional ranks.

Not an opinion either - professionals hate the shit and they all strongly advise kids to stay away from it if they ever want to develop the necessary skills to make a living at the game.

I think artificial grass for footballers will have the same issues - namely kids development will be towards what works best on artificial grass rather than what would work best on the surface they will play on as they progress towards becoming professional.

And for those saying the cost of natural grass is too high with maintenance and so on - wake the **** up. We have millions of people in this country either out of work or looking for more hours who could very easily provide these services.

The studies on cancer are not worth worrying about. Simply get rid of the shit and start putting down real fields. So what if weather stops games from being played ? Poor weather certainly didn't hinder Pele, Maradonna, or George Bests development.

Waste of time - **** it off.

The maintenance of natural grass is too high due mainly to labor costs. Would you expect these millions of unemployed people to work for free or should we employ slave labor to fulfill the task.Maybe you need to wake up and smell the roses Mr.Dumpster.

The Dunster
06-10-2016, 11:05 AM
The maintenance of natural grass is too high due mainly to labor costs. Would you expect these millions of unemployed people to work for free or should we employ slave labor to fulfill the task.Maybe you need to wake up and smell the roses Mr.Dumpster.

Thank you for your kind well thought out reply Tonester.

The cost of maintenance is not an issue for any government that is a monopolist supplier of fiat. Government account is debited at RBA, exchange settlement account of bank used by worker is credited, exchange settlement accounts sum to zero. What's the problem ? Worker gets paid, tax payers pay nothing, unemployment falls, national income increases, increase in national income induces increased investment , increased investment leads to higher standards of living.

So basically, removing people from unemployment, increasing opportunities for existing businesses through flow on effect of a rise in GDP and investment potential, and also removing the risk of cancer from the equation.

Seems like a good idea to me.

pv4
06-10-2016, 11:29 AM
For what it's worth I know of at least one NPL club that roughly 8 years ago confirmed direct to me that they use the "community service hours" that people get rewarded in court (as opposed to jail time, bigger fines, etc) for their labour. Not sure if the club had to pay money or whatever, but basically I got told not to bother putting my rubbish in the bin & to just throw it underneath my seat because the court-ordered community service people would be cleaning up the next day anyway.

If you've got a bunch of people that have done things to wrong the judicial system and they've been handed a penalty of say 200 hours community service or whatever, surely clubs can tap into this "resource" a bit more to get some work done?

^ this is assuming they're already not over-stretched elsewhere in the community. I genuinely don't know enough about it to be honest, just a thought.

Trout
06-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Back to footy..
Any player movements
Who have weston gained/ loss

Tonester
06-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Thank you for your kind well thought out reply Tonester.

The cost of maintenance is not an issue for any government that is a monopolist supplier of fiat. Government account is debited at RBA, exchange settlement account of bank used by worker is credited, exchange settlement accounts sum to zero. What's the problem ? Worker gets paid, tax payers pay nothing, unemployment falls, national income increases, increase in national income induces increased investment , increased investment leads to higher standards of living.

So basically, removing people from unemployment, increasing opportunities for existing businesses through flow on effect of a rise in GDP and investment potential, and also removing the risk of cancer from the equation.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Definitely a total wank. Please don't bore the punters with such drivel.

The Dunster
06-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Definitely a total wank. Please don't bore the punters with such drivel.

Thank you for your kind and carefully thought out reply. Your lack of endorsement is most appreciated.

Tonester
06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Thank you for your kind and carefully thought out reply. Your lack of endorsement is most appreciated.

I don't mean to offend but really,that was one convoluted heap of WTF.Deep n meaningful gets you nowhere on hear.Just try using simple English otherwise you have just wasted a part of your life you'll never get back,I know,it's happened to me.

Tonester
06-10-2016, 05:01 PM
I must need a break. I can't believe I wrote hear instead of here.God help me I'm losing it haha.

GO AWAY
06-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Josh Maguire to stay at Azzurri

magician
06-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Who else can fit him in the cap. The bloke would be 40 surely

Sideline
06-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Back to footy..
Any player movements
Who have weston gained/ loss

Have only heard Ben Kelly has left so far

magician
06-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Have only heard Ben Kelly has left so far
Morris to the Jaffas

BP Super Dynamos
06-10-2016, 08:13 PM
I can't see Turnbull playing for Piggo

namwob99
06-10-2016, 08:30 PM
I can't see Turnbull playing for Piggo
Heard Jaffas too.

Goatscheese
06-10-2016, 09:15 PM

If Tonestar disagrees with you then you know you have a good idea.

ForeverRed
06-10-2016, 09:41 PM
As a passenger, so much for promoting youth

Tonester
06-10-2016, 11:21 PM
If Tonestar disagrees with you then you know you have a good idea.

Hello numbnuts long time no hear. You obviously haven't read The Dunster's post have you,otherwise you wouldn't be making those disparaging remarks about my heartfelt posts. Naughty naughty.

GazFish35
07-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Here, not hear.

Your doing it again.

GO AWAY
07-10-2016, 09:36 AM
As a passenger, so much for promoting youth

Agreed

Nou Camp
07-10-2016, 11:56 AM
jaffas player informed me yesterday that jaffas preseason begins on the 1st of November with 3 sessions a week
does anyone else start that early??
does pre season need to be longer than the actual season

GO AWAY
07-10-2016, 11:59 AM
jaffas player informed me yesterday that jaffas preseason begins on the 1st of November with 3 sessions a week

Azzurri doing one night a week starting next week

Blueboy
07-10-2016, 01:54 PM

What a joke, the season doesn't start till end of March.
Tell Pascoe this isn't the jets for fu*k sake

winner
07-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Was told today that the season kicks off on the weekend of March 11-12

ForeverRed
07-10-2016, 04:46 PM
How does this effect you

winner
07-10-2016, 05:18 PM
How does this effect you
How does what effect me ? I was only saying the comp starts on that weekend and not at the end of march. Thought some people may have wanted to know when the comp kicked off

ForeverRed
07-10-2016, 09:27 PM
How does what effect me ? I was only saying the comp starts on that weekend and not at the end of march. Thought some people may have wanted to know when the comp kicked off
Sorry, it was suppose to be tagged under a comment from someone else

winner
07-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Sorry, it was suppose to be tagged under a comment from someone else

👌

Blueboy
08-10-2016, 01:49 PM
How does this effect you
It doesn't. Are you the only one allowed an opinion?
It's semi professional football.

spamg172
09-10-2016, 01:40 AM
It doesn't. Are you the only one allowed an opinion?
It's semi professional football.

Which will only ever be semi professional until the quality improves enough to attract money/sponsors/exposure. To improve id say the season needs to be longer and more training. Pretty sure you'll find that nearly every team is training before Christmas.

Goatscheese
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Which will only ever be semi professional until the quality improves enough to attract money/sponsors/exposure. To improve id say the season needs to be longer and more training. Pretty sure you'll find that nearly every team is training before Christmas.

It will only ever be a semi-professional league until all players are paid a reasonable amount of money. And I doubt it or any other NPL league will become a professional league especially if the FFA decide to bump the NPL to the third their when they expand the A-league and bring in a second league

Goatscheese
09-10-2016, 11:22 AM

Pretty standard to be starting before Christmas, though 3 sessions a week before Christmas seems like a lot.

The Acolyte
09-10-2016, 10:14 PM

But he's only trying to have the same success as the Jets, which he's managed to achieve so far.

Retro Jet
12-10-2016, 01:40 AM
I appreciate your work for this site! follow out http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/interesting-facts-about-national-grammar-day and get to know some interesting facts about national grammar day celebration!

WTF :hijack:

Never seen this spam shite in the Local section before....

hawk
14-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Never seen this spam shite in the Local section before....

fixed :)

GO AWAY
14-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Who we backing for player of the year tonight ? Im going Goody

GO AWAY
15-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Wish I could pick horses like that ...... Congrats to goody

NED DEVINE
19-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Tony Tony Tony
You know ull well that Daniel was not ushered out of Azzurri
He stood up at Presentation Night and announced he was going overseas , but if he could play , either prior to , or on his return , it would be with CCB . 120 WITNESSES .
So to allude that he may not have been wanted is totally incorrect , and you know .
Big difference between going to Greece and going to the Greeks .

NED DEVINE
19-10-2016, 01:13 PM
If The Pirate signs Scott Smith from Azzurri this week , surely Hamilton should consider a name change to Hamilton Azzurri .
The Whitebridge based club has been a very happy fishing pond for the Pirate , since 2009 .
Perhaos in a year or two when the PPS comes down to 160 , it may have an effect on this type of recruitment .
Aren't Olympic supposed to have all these great junior teams and youth program ?
So why is it then that everytime their is a hole it is filled from a proven performer from outside ?
It is a wonder some young playert or parent has blown up at treat .

magician
19-10-2016, 01:23 PM
If The Pirate signs Scott Smith from Azzurri this week , surely Hamilton should consider a name change to Hamilton Azzurri .
The Whitebridge based club has been a very happy fishing pond for the Pirate , since 2009 .
Perhaos in a year or two when the PPS comes down to 160 , it may have an effect on this type of recruitment .
Aren't Olympic supposed to have all these great junior teams and youth program ?
So why is it then that everytime their is a hole it is filled from a proven performer from outside ?

Haven't you retired from Azzurri MR TULL

EH9
19-10-2016, 01:26 PM

Would you not be more concerned as to why a recently appointed life member would look to leave the club??? Why are so many players packing their stuff and leaving for another football club? Makes you wonder why the Whitebridge based club didn't win more games when they had all this 'talent' in their own colours.

winner
19-10-2016, 01:26 PM

Perhaps the question you should be asking Ned , is why do so many players leave CCB. In recent memory i can think of
Goodchild to Olympic
Bird to Olympic
Minors to Olympic
Bitz to Adamstown
Minors to Edgeworth
Hughes to Edgeworth
Boulter to Edgeworth
Hearfield to Weston
Harper to Valentine
Obviously there is something amiss at the club for so many players wanting out. Hopefully the new regime can fix up the mess the old regime has left the club in. Especially if Scott Smith leaves. Himself and Goodchild are 2 players i never thought would leave the club but have both walked out in the space of 12 months ?? Why is this Ned ?

GO AWAY
19-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Perhaps the question you should be asking Ned , is why do so many players leave CCB. In recent memory i can think of
Goodchild to Olympic
Bird to Olympic
Minors to Olympic
Bitz to Adamstown
Minors to Edgeworth
Hughes to Edgeworth
Boulter to Edgeworth
Hearfield to Weston
Harper to Valentine
Obviously there is something amiss at the club for so many players wanting out. Hopefully the new regime can fix up the mess the old regime has left the club in. Especially if Scott Smith leaves. Himself and Goodchild are 2 players i never thought would leave the club but have both walked out in the space of 12 months ?? Why is this Ned ?

Being directly involved at the club, I wont comment on the list above, except two of them are back in 2017, and three others would be welcomed back, our squad is all but full with a couple of spots saved for some certain people, which are high on negotiations and priority, and if you want to hear from the horses mouth we have signed everyone of our top 20 for 2017 bar three, one we wont, one retired and the other I am confident we will KEEP before the end of the week. Something this GO FORWARD club is proud of.... cheers

NED DEVINE
19-10-2016, 03:06 PM
bad guess
I am not that person

NED DEVINE
19-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Bad guess

Abc123
20-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Latest Transfer news?

magician
20-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Latest Transfer news?
Well apparently the pirate is after Scott smith

GO AWAY
20-10-2016, 02:25 PM
True statement, but bold letters after

Must admit the pirate, does suit him haha

The Baby Piglet
21-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Seems as though he'd like to acquire and reunion the pair. I don't blame him, to be honest i think goody and Scott Smith have been the best striking combination in the league that I've seen. A little bit reminiscent of Cole and York :sparring::sparring:

NED DEVINE
21-10-2016, 01:24 PM
The Baby Piglet

You are spot on about Smith & Goodchild . Smith has certainly missed playig with Goodchild . And Azzurri will certainly miss Smith if he ends up leaving .
Why coaches follow every trend on TV is beyond me.
One up front , no marking posts on corners . What next ?

Abc123
21-10-2016, 02:56 PM
What's people's predictions for next season would like to hear some people's opinions on it and why, does anyone think there could be a few surprise teams that didn't perform so well last year that might be a dark horse next season?

Dontknowmuch
21-10-2016, 03:23 PM
What's people's predictions for next season would like to hear some people's opinions on it and why, does anyone think there could be a few surprise teams that didn't perform so well last year that might be a dark horse next season?

Edgy - Top 4
Olympic - Anywhere from 3rd to 6th
Magic - Top 4
Lambton - 6th to 11th
Maitland - 4th to 8th
Adamstown - 8th to 11th
Valentine - 7th to 11th
Charlestown - 8th to 11th
Lakes - 8th to 11th
Weston - 3rd to 6th
Jets - 1st thinking Jones and Zane will take this comp more serious than previous head coaches and the better youth will stick around as the new head coaches more likely to give them a real chance of progressing to Senior squad.

GO AWAY
21-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Charly v Valo Round 1 at Cahill Oval, best play there on the pitch first up I suppose haha

LongSufferingFan
21-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Charly v Valo Round 1 at Cahill Oval, best play there on the pitch first up I suppose haha

Won't happen. Round 1 will still be in cricket season at the beginning of March - no chance of playing it at Cahill Oval.

Apollo Creed
21-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Edgy - Top 4
thinking Jones and Zane will take this comp more serious than previous head coaches and the better youth will stick around as the new head coaches more likely to give them a real chance of progressing to Senior squad.

great predictions DKM????
so you prediction is a boxed multi.
All teams to finish in top 11- I RECKON YOUR ON A WINNER WITH YOUR 1% RETURN

Edgy- 2nd
Olympic - 1st
Magic - 4th
Lambton - 3rd
Maitland - 7th
Adamstown - 8th
Valentine - 9th
Charlestown - 6th
Lakes - 11th
Weston - 10th
Jets - 5th

hamburgler
21-10-2016, 06:20 PM
great predictions DKM????
so you prediction is a boxed multi.
All teams to finish in top 11- I RECKON YOUR ON A WINNER WITH YOUR 1% RETURN

Edgy- 2nd
Olympic - 1st
Magic - 4th
Lambton - 3rd
Maitland - 7th
Adamstown - 8th
Valentine - 9th
Charlestown - 6th
Lakes - 11th
Weston - 10th
Jets - 5th

1st Olympic
2nd Edgy
3rd Magic
4th Jets
5th Maitland
6th Adamstown
7th Charlestown
8th Weston
9th Lambton
10th Lakes
11th Valentine

Apollo Creed
21-10-2016, 06:26 PM
1st Olympic
2nd Edgy
3rd Magic
4th Jets
5th Maitland
6th Adamstown
7th Charlestown
8th Weston
9th Lambton
10th Lakes
11th Valentine

Lambton 9th?
I think if Joel Griffith's plays ( as rumor mill states) in top 4. if not agree!
Edgy, will be interesting, as they also may lose 3-4 influential players- they could slide to 4th.

hamburgler
21-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Lambton 9th?
I think if Joel Griffith's plays ( as rumor mill states) in top 4. if not agree!
Edgy, will be interesting, as they also may lose 3-4 influential players- they could slide to 4th.

Agree Apollo, Griff would change things for Jaffas, but I have based my selections on what we know now. Will most likely be different selections altogether come season start

early_to_the_match
21-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Lambton 9th?
Apollo, you're a genius.
What do you think of 20's and 18's.

Apollo Creed
21-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Apollo, you're a genius.
What do you think of 20's and 18's.

been cAlled plenty-genius not/
Thank you Early.
18's
1-olympic
2-CCB
3-Magpies
4-Edgy
5-Buds
6-magic
7-jETS
8-Lakes
9-Weston
10-bYE
11-Lambton
12- Valo
20's

1-jETS
2-Olympic
3-CCB
4-eDGY
5-Magic
6-bUDS
7-Weston
8-jAFFAS
9-lakes
10-valo
11-Magpies
12-bye

Y Bloo?
21-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Thank you Early.
18's
1-olympic
2-CCB
3-Magpies
4-Edgy
5-Buds
6-magic
7-jETS
8-Lakes
9-Weston
10-bYE
11-Lambton
12- Valo
20's

1-jETS
2-Olympic
3-CCB
4-eDGY
5-Magic
6-bUDS
7-Weston
8-jAFFAS
9-lakes
10-valo
11-Magpies
12-bye
I agree with early, you're a genius AC. I'll try get a few bob on sports bet before the odds drop.

Tonester
22-10-2016, 06:02 AM
Tony Tony Tony
You know ull well that Daniel was not ushered out of Azzurri
He stood up at Presentation Night and announced he was going overseas , but if he could play , either prior to , or on his return , it would be with CCB . 120 WITNESSES .
So to allude that he may not have been wanted is totally incorrect , and you know .
Big difference between going to Greece and going to the Greeks .

What's said on Presentation Night and behind closed doors may not necessarily be the same. In this case that could be alluded to.

FMC
22-10-2016, 05:54 PM
I agree with early, you're a genius AC. I'll try get a few bob on sports bet before the odds drop.

The Magpies 20's side is looking good for next year don't right they off just yet .

Apollo Creed
22-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Thank you Early.
18's
1-olympic
2-CCB
3-Magpies
4-Edgy
5-Buds
6-magic
7-jETS
8-Lakes
9-Weston
10-bYE
11-Lambton
12- Valo
20's

1-jETS
2-Olympic
3-CCB
4-eDGY
5-Magic
6-bUDS
7-Weston
8-jAFFAS
9-lakes
10-valo
11-Magpies
12-bye

realising who the coach is at Edgy 18's, table adjusted.

18's
1-olympic
2-CCB
3-Magpies
4-Buds
5-magic
6-jets
7-edgy
8-Lakes
9-Weston
10-bYE
11-Lambton
12- Valo

Zico
22-10-2016, 07:11 PM
The Magpies 20's side is looking good for next year don't right they off just yet .
Until the Party Pie culture screws them and they enjoy the Pinga's at Kinga's

winner
22-10-2016, 10:44 PM
True statement, but bold letters after

Must admit the pirate, does suit him haha

Heard today that the pirate has landed his man and the Smith/Goodchild partnership will be playing together at Olympic next year. Can you confirm Go Away or Ned

GO AWAY
23-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Confirmed

ForeverRed
23-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Heard today that the pirate has landed his man and the Smith/Goodchild partnership will be playing together at Olympic next year. Can you confirm Go Away or Ned

Wow, there's another wheel off at Whitebridge

GO AWAY
23-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Scotts choice, why is it another wheel Einstein, please enlighten us ?

Trout
23-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Scotts choice, why is it another wheel Einstein, please enlighten us ?
Because he is a good player and from all accounts whitebridge hasn't added anyone to replace the loss.

GO AWAY
23-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Because he is a good player and from all accounts whitebridge hasn't added anyone to replace the loss.

So Coz he left, I think scored four or five goals last season ?, that means we will come last, out of our top 20 we signed 18, not chucking money around to get players in a non relegation year when we are more then happy with who we have .....

Trout
23-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Never said you would come last, just thinking there is nobody in your exaggerated 18, to lead the line

Apollo Creed
23-10-2016, 05:39 PM

hows it feel FR to never have any wheels to fall off, that cart and donkey called SCFC
pot calling the kettle black i think

ForeverRed
23-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Sounds like I touched a nerve, such a poor comeback,

Apollo Creed
23-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Sounds like I touched a nerve, such a poor comeback,

no nerve!
just continual shit talk as usual from you.
oh yeah thats right, your not involved at Southy any more.....
Get relegated, and bail or was it pushed?
onwards and upwards for Southy now.
does that hit a nerve or truth?

ForeverRed
23-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Haha, this is hilarious, retired mate, poor Apollo is a little touchy

GO AWAY
23-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Never said you would come last, just thinking there is nobody in your exaggerated 18, to lead the line

Exaggerated 18 ? Ok, you know more ... Move on please

Trout
23-10-2016, 08:02 PM
20 minus, Hughes,Johnson and smith is 17 genius

Trout
23-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Predebon = 16

Abc123
23-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Classic CCB, always finding a spot for the favourite sons in 1st Grade.

magician
24-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Classic CCB, always finding a spot for the favourite sons in 1st Grade.
Who exactly are you talking about

Why Blue
24-10-2016, 10:13 PM
the other I am confident we will KEEP before the end of the week. Something this GO FORWARD club is proud of.... cheers

Seems mr smith doesn't share your go forward outlook, trumped your life membership ace straight back at the club.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months 2016 pre season all over again

Why Blue
24-10-2016, 10:23 PM
18's
1-olympic
2-CCB
3-Magpies
4-Buds
5-magic
6-jets
7-edgy
8-Lakes
9-Weston
10-bYE
11-Lambton
12- Valo

What clubs have announced thier senior squads ??

CCB 18's shouldn't finish that high, hopefully the club management will see the talent there and promote into 20's or higher, to build for 2018 and beyond, these kids would be much better options than some younger ones they are mucking around with now, but selection process is as always distorted ......................

NED DEVINE
25-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Apollo
Spot On Comment
Didn't have the minerals to stick around and help the club back up .

GO AWAY
25-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Seems mr smith doesn't share your go forward outlook, trumped your life membership ace straight back at the club.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months 2016 pre season all over again

Please concentrate on the club you are involves at now instead of constant personal vendettas and digs at your young blokes former club, im sure you have jumped on the committee at your new club, seems you are so knowledgeable of everything going on.... or am I wrong and you choose to type your minutes and agendas on a public forum hiding behind an alias. ???? Good luck Edgeworth.

NED DEVINE
25-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Why Blue
You seem to have a deep hatred for anything aligned to Azzurri aka CCB . So did your kid not get selected or dropped at some stage ?
I don't know or care what club you are aligned to , Maybe NARK UNITED . The best thing anyone can do is to ignore this idiot , and don't reply to his warped posts .

Bremsstrahlung
25-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Apollo
Spot On Comment

Think you will find he retired 2 years prior. Stuck around to help the transitioning period between the new and old committee.
Demonstrated plenty of "minerals" during the time there and plenty more telling it how it is without an alias to hide behind like you, Apollo, others and myself.

magician
25-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Think you will find he retired 2 years prior. Stuck around to help the transitioning period between the new and old committee.
Demonstrated plenty of "minerals" during the time there and plenty more telling it how it is without an alias to hide behind like you, Apollo, others and myself.

No he did plenty of hiding behind his keyboard name until someone found him out because of a picture with a certain someone

Bremsstrahlung
25-10-2016, 06:45 PM
No he did plenty of hiding behind his keyboard name until someone found him out because of a picture with a certain someone

Don't we all?
Hasn't changed his username like many others would.
He's practically posting what he does, as himself, and you're calling him out for hiding.
Least he has the "minerals" to say what he does without the luxury of anonymity.

ForeverRed
25-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Apollo
Spot On Comment
No I didnt, I ran out of minerals after 22 years, now all my resources (minerals) are channeled into Men of Football where I am the secretary, we help those in need who have fallen on hard times, I cant see a "Ned Devine" on my membership list.

Why Blue
25-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Why Blue
You seem to have a deep hatred for anything aligned to Azzurri aka CCB . So did your kid not get selected or dropped at some stage ?
I don't know or care what club you are aligned to , Maybe NARK UNITED . The best thing anyone can do is to ignore this idiot , and don't reply to his warped posts .

Ned .........poor Ned, not even close, my son left CCB of his own accord to play with a higher quality of player and to receive better coaching. Pretty simple.
For the record I don't have a hatred of CCB, I have contacts thru the club that go back over 30 years, I just have a dislike for how the club is run and involvement with a well run club this year just confirm how far behind CCB really are.

Why Blue
25-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Please concentrate on the club you are involves at now instead of constant personal vendettas and digs at your young blokes former club, im sure you have jumped on the committee at your new club, seems you are so knowledgeable of everything going on.... or am I wrong and you choose to type your minutes and agendas on a public forum hiding behind an alias. ???? Good luck Edgeworth.

Mate just expressing my opinion based in what I am told and what I think, just that we have different opinions, you love your CCB and as I have said before good luck to you, the club has looked after you and your son, my son went down a different path and has benifited from his moving to a different club.
Look forward to the two of them playing each other this year

mervan
25-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Are all the mods busy doing the HSC, let's stop playing the man and play the game, can you guys just text each, as it's now becoming boring.

halo se7en
26-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Are all the mods busy doing the HSC, let's stop playing the man and play the game, can you guys just text each, as it's now becoming boring.

+1.

GO AWAY
26-10-2016, 11:01 AM

+ 2

26-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Don't we all?
Hasn't changed his username like many others would.
He's practically posting what he does, as himself, and you're calling him out for hiding.
Least he has the "minerals" to say what he does without the luxury of anonymity.

Good solid point. Some may not like or have strong alternative views to what FR posts but a lack of minerals so to speak could not be further from the truth considering his true ID is well and truly known in these parts.

NUGUNS
26-10-2016, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

GO AWAY
27-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Just like to thank Broadmeadow Magic for their hospitality in hosting a trial, Magic 18s v Newcastle Allstars Koori team, was a good hit out before the boys head to Nowra, trial v Edgeworth 18s tonight then the Nationals begin next week.

GO AWAY
28-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Gary McDermott
Mitch Harper
Josh Swadling
Charlestown City Blues

Trout
29-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Gary McDermott
Mitch Harper
Josh Swadling
Charlestown City Blues

CCB following the valo route of scraping up the central Coast talent to fill the squad
Central Coast Blues -CCB

Tonester
30-10-2016, 07:36 AM
They've got some handy players down there who will do ok in the NPL as with everything it's hit or miss. You may be surprised to know that the crowd at the CCF Grand Final was bigger than up here.

winner
30-10-2016, 09:51 AM
They've got some handy players down there who will do ok in the NPL as with everything it's hit or miss. You may be surprised to know that the crowd at the CCF Grand Final was bigger than up here.

I heard young Daniel has left Olympic after only 1 season Tonester. Was he not happy there

The Dunster
30-10-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't know how anyone would be unhappy at Olympic. The food at their canteen is fabulous.

magician
30-10-2016, 10:53 AM
I heard young Daniel has left Olympic after only 1 season Tonester. Was he not happy there

Was very happy at Olympic. Not playing due to traveling

Tonester
30-10-2016, 02:09 PM

Going to Canada next week don't know for sure how long he'll be away.

GO AWAY
30-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Was very happy at Olympic. Not playing due to traveling

That sounds familiar

cobra23
31-10-2016, 12:26 PM
That sounds familiar

+1 , Its groundhog day

GO AWAY
03-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Cascioroli to Azzurri

The Baby Piglet
04-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Cascioroli to Azzurri

Seems Azzurri have picked up a few experienced players afte losing Scott Smith.... What's your prediction for them GO AWAY ?? Do they have enough quality in the younger players to compete ??

Blueboy
04-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Seems Azzurri have picked up a few experienced players afte losing Scott Smith.... What's your prediction for them GO AWAY ?? Do they have enough quality in the younger players to compete ??
Cascioroli will definitely improve them. They still have a suspect back line and who will score the goals?
I can't see them challenging for top four, but will cause some upsets through out the year

Apollo Creed
04-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Cascioroli will definitely improve them. They still have a suspect back line and who will score the goals?
I can't see them challenging for top four, but will cause some upsets through out the year

a lot of talk about Smithy, so how many goals did he score this year, and will he be really missed.

Blueboy
04-11-2016, 06:10 PM
a lot of talk about Smithy, so how many goals did he score this year, and will he be really missed.

Yes he will be missed. He is one of the best goal scorers in the Comp. He had a below par year goal scoring wise last year. He holds the ball up and brings other players into the game

The Baby Piglet
04-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Yes he will be missed. He is one of the best goal scorers in the Comp. He had a below par year goal scoring wise last year. He holds the ball up and brings other players into the game

No doubt that his goal scoring will be missed. But I also think that his leadership will be missed. I've watched scott play for years & he's always been a natural leader, perhaps not always by words but definitely by actions. He plays with passion & heart, and gives 100%. He seemed to be able to left everyone and I think that will be hard to replace.

winner
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Don't know how much he will be missed at Charlestown, but he is a great pick upfor Olympic. Thoughts are he will have a big year playing alongside Goodchild again. These two have been the best strike force in the competition for years. Will be interested to see if Olympic play with 2 up front next year or try and turn Smith into a number 11

spamg172
04-11-2016, 08:08 PM
I hope they don't. A number 11 he is not

DonPablo
05-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Kane scored more headed goals this season than Tim Cahill & Jan Koller combined. Smith is a better header of the ball than Badchild. With Cooper (Reece, not Mitch) in behind, they will score more times than Tiger Woods did before he got caught.
You heard it here first, Buffalo Hawks, NBA Champions 2039 (the franchise will have moved from Atlanta by then).

winner
18-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Have heard Hartnett on his way to Adamstown with McGuiness after Magic have signed their new keeper from Tasmania. Herald on Wednesday confirming the rumours about Scott Smith going to Olympic. Two good signings that will strengthen both Magic and Olympic. Any other signings out there

NED DEVINE
18-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Ask the pirate

winner
18-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Ask the pirate
Ask the pirate what Ned ?

GO AWAY
18-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Have heard Hartnett on his way to Adamstown with McGuiness after Magic have signed their new keeper from Tasmania. Herald on Wednesday confirming the rumours about Scott Smith going to Olympic. Two good signings that will strengthen both Magic and Olympic. Any other signings out there

Can only comment on Azzurri

McDermott
Cascioroli
Swadling
Harper

Steve Eagleton joining the coaching team.

Bon
18-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Steve Eagleton joining the coaching team.

:wub:

GO AWAY
18-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Ha Ha, coming to Azurri now big man ?
:wub:

BP Super Dynamos
18-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I've heard that Morris and Turnbull are heading to Buds, after Lambton failed to fit Nathan under the PPS. Also, Scott Carter to Valo

football_macigian23
19-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Are many first grade teams training yet?? Heard on the grapevine Magic a starting next week, four times a week?? Can't confirm though!

GO AWAY
21-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Azzurri have hardly stopped, had another valentine first grader at trial game yesterday ? Not sure whats happening at valo

NED DEVINE
23-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Liverpool are again reaping the rewards for all the hard work done at Southampton , with their eyes on yet another two [2] players to bring to Anfield . That would take the number to around seven {7] players over the past few years .
So what of the Mighty Liverpools youth acadamies etc ? Why aren't they producing these players ?
This situation is a mirror image of how Hamilton Azzurri , sorry Hamilton Olympic have raidd Azzurri , sorry CCB over the past few years .
Again the question is asked , what of Olympic's suppposed fantastic youth program ? They seem to win comp's regularly , but very few seem to be good enough for the Pirate . Obviously he prefers the finished product .

Bremsstrahlung
23-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Liverpool/Olympic then sell their youth players to lower table teams like Bournemouth/CCB.

prawnhead
23-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Liverpool/Olympic then sell their youth players to lower table teams like Bournemouth/CCB.

Hahaha

Premy
23-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Liverpool are again reaping the rewards for all the hard work done at Southampton , with their eyes on yet another two [2] players to bring to Anfield . That would take the number to around seven {7] players over the past few years .
So what of the Mighty Liverpools youth acadamies etc ? Why aren't they producing these players ?
This situation is a mirror image of how Hamilton Azzurri , sorry Hamilton Olympic have raidd Azzurri , sorry CCB over the past few years .
Again the question is asked , what of Olympic's suppposed fantastic youth program ? They seem to win comp's regularly , but very few seem to be good enough for the Pirate . Obviously he prefers the finished product .

Almost right
Youth clubs of Liverpool players to come from Southampton.
Lallana- Southampton
Lovren- Dynamo Zagreb
Mane- Generational Foot
Clyne- Crystal Palace
Lambert- Liverpool

Nice try but.

Bon
24-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Almost right
Youth clubs of Liverpool players to come from Southampton.
Lallana- Southampton
Lovren- Dynamo Zagreb
Mane- Generational Foot
Clyne- Crystal Palace
Lambert- Liverpool

Nice try but.

Don't think he was genuinely having a go at Liverpool, just trying to find a way of having a go at Olympic.. :gent:

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Silverware 2016 Minor and Major Premierships First Grade

Hamilton Olympic NIL
Charlestown City Blues NIL
Weston Workers Bears NIL

magician
24-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Hamilton Olympic NIL
Weston Workers Bears NIL

Hamilton Olympic 6 Charlestown City Blues 1
Charlestown City Blues 1 Hamilton Olympic 4

Blueboy
24-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Can't see the results being any different next season. Maybe just a couple of clean sheets

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 10:33 AM

Could beat us 10-0, still won the same amount of silverware last year.

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2016, 10:36 AM

Hamilton Olympic NIL
Weston Workers Bears NIL

Literally do not care.
You're just embarrassing yourself and clubs you support.

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Literally do not care.
You're just embarrassing yourself and clubs you support.

I support Olympic :rof:

Why Blue
24-11-2016, 11:15 AM
I support Olympic :rof:

Of course you do
More familiar faces there than at CCB

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Of course you do
More familiar faces there than at CCB

I have relatives there ... haha

NED DEVINE
24-11-2016, 12:25 PM
there you go again , always have to have a dig , and you reckon you left of your own accord . hahaha
Doessn't really sound like it .
But in this case probablt true about the familiar faces , if Mr Bird turns up and Joel Witherdin hadn't gone back to Melbourne then that would have been 7 starters out of 11 ex Azzurri . So yes , a lot of familiar faces .

NED DEVINE
24-11-2016, 12:33 PM
That last message was for Why Blue in case anyone didn't get it .

NED DEVINE
24-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Next year 2017 will mark 8 years since Olympic have won anything in 1st Grade .
Their last success was 2009 v Valentine in GF - 2-0 .
Valentine then assembkled , not coached , by The Pirate .
So now heading into his 8th year at Olympic , and no cigar .
That is despite spending plenty of theirs and his , gragging players from everywhere . Still nothing ?
And then NNSW go and reduce the PPS to 180 for 2017 , eventually ending up at 160 for 2019 .
Now that will be interesting .
Very patient those Greeks

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 12:48 PM
That is despite spending plenty of theirs and his , gragging players from everywhere . Still nothing ?
And then NNSW go and reduce the PPS to 180 for 2017 , eventually ending up at 160 for 2019 .

All jokes aside and all the sledging, some light hearted, some not, that is very surprising Ned, hope your facts are correct, not doubting you, but I cant believe Olympic havnt won something in eight years, will all the established stars they recruit, very interesting.

magician
24-11-2016, 01:02 PM
All jokes aside and all the sledging, some light hearted, some not, that is very surprising Ned, hope your facts are correct, not doubting you, but I cant believe Olympic havnt won something in eight years, will all the established stars they recruit, very interesting.

What about Olympics first ever minor premiership in 2012. Did that escape your memory
Jog on you muppets

footy fan
24-11-2016, 02:08 PM
there you go again , always have to have a dig , and you reckon you left of your own accord . hahaha
Doessn't really sound like it .
But in this case probablt true about the familiar faces , if Mr Bird turns up and Joel Witherdin hadn't gone back to Melbourne then that would have been 7 starters out of 11 ex Azzurri . So yes , a lot of familiar faces .

Wish you learned how to use spell check

footy fan
24-11-2016, 02:10 PM

unbelievable, how you pair stick together like shit to a blanket, (1 6ft 77 go away, the other 2ft 6 ned)

winner
24-11-2016, 02:28 PM

You seem to have so much interest in the pirate and the geeks Ned , or should we just call you Shane as it's not that hard for everyone to work out who you are. So when was the last time CCB/Azzurri ever won anything Ned. Please don't bring up Newfm a few years ago after you got your club demoted

GO AWAY
24-11-2016, 02:30 PM
unbelievable, how you pair stick together like shit to a blanket, (1 6ft 77 go away, the other 2ft 6 ned)

Arnie and DeVito haha

Trout
24-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Pretty sure Ned's son has played a year at olympic too

prawnhead
24-11-2016, 03:24 PM

:rof:

Why Blue
24-11-2016, 03:33 PM
That last message was for Why Blue in case anyone didn't get it .

Thx genius

Me and GA don't always agree......but pretty sure from his reply that he took in the light hearted manner it was meant

And then along come the know it alls

winner
24-11-2016, 03:38 PM

Also a year at Valo i think you will find.

NED DEVINE
25-11-2016, 11:31 AM
You seem to have so much interest in the pirate and the geeks Ned , or should we just call you Shane as it's not that hard for everyone to work out who you are. So when was the last time CCB/Azzurri ever won anything Ned. Please don't bring up Newfm a few years ago after you got your club demoted

How little you know

winner
25-11-2016, 12:50 PM
How little you know
Anything Ned , have they won anything at all. What year was it that Azzurri actually last won anything in the top flight ? Would it be the gf when Piggo was in charge ? What year was that ? You throw stones at Olympic and say they have won nothing since 2009, albeit you forgot the Premiership in 2012, so what year was your last title ?

GO AWAY
25-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Under 15s NPL 2013 :) ??? taylor regan side, in saying that, I could have coached that side to a premiership ;)

I know I know, you mean first grade ...........................back to you Ned haha

winner
25-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Under 15s NPL 2013 :) ??? taylor regan side, in saying that, I could have coached that side to a premiership ;)

I know I know, you mean first grade ...........................back to you Ned haha
Thanks Go Away. Was a great side that Under 15s team

hamburgler
02-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Then you may have been able to do something that regan couldn't do with the super star team and win a premiership. From memory Magic won the premiership that year undefeated, although they did lose in a semi final penalty shoot out I think.

Ccb were a good team but were not as good as the Magic side

GO AWAY
06-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Then you may have been able to do something that regan couldn't do with the super star team and win a premiership. From memory Magic won the premiership that year undefeated, although they did lose in a semi final penalty shoot out I think.

Ccb were a good team but were not as good as the Magic side

Yeah Lakes beat them in the semi final I think, Magic were a good side also, be interesting where they are all at now from the magic and azzurri teams, was the most competitive U15, as far as quality I have seen I reckon, I know where one of the U15 Azzurri boys are at least ;)

onlooker
09-12-2016, 10:54 AM
I've heard that Morris and Turnbull are heading to Buds, after Lambton failed to fit Nathan under the PPS. Also, Scott Carter to Valo

Spoke to Morris on Monday and asked where he was playing answer was Jaffas.

onlooker
09-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Lambton 9th?
from what I have heard in a recent interview Joel ruled out playing for jaffas.

winner
12-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Weston 5-1 winners over Jets 18s.

onlooker
13-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Rumour has it there is an edgy player heading south to the Victorian NPL

Blueboy
13-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Rumour has it there is an edgy player heading south to the Victorian NPL

Which one?

hamburgler
14-12-2016, 12:04 AM