PDA

View Full Version : 2016 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

onlooker
08-05-2016, 04:12 PM
So I am over watching Buds v Maitland

Buds with an early goal

Then their keeper fumbles a ball and rugby tackles Ben Martin and conceeds a pen and walks and it 1-1

Getting sick of watching a game and seeing a team down to 10 after a handful of mins ***

That 2in 2 weeks for me

2-2 in the 22s
Buds 2-1 in the 19s

Are they now using their third choice keeper? Was Carter back or out suspended?

ForeverRed
08-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Law must be pulling his hair out, carter got 4 weeks

MFKS
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Are they now using their third choice keeper? Was Carter back or out suspended?

The bloke in nets now played 22s earlier

I not know if he the 22s or 19s regular

No it wasn't Carter

MFKS
08-05-2016, 05:16 PM
2-1 at HT

Currently 6-1

MFKS
08-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Ft 6-1

winner
08-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Valo v Weston
2-1

MFKS
08-05-2016, 05:53 PM
The bloke in nets now played 22s earlier

I not know if he the 22s or 19s regular

No it wasn't Carter
I been informed the keeper who got sent was the 22s regular and the bloke who come on was the 19s

onlooker
08-05-2016, 06:10 PM
I been informed the keeper who got sent was the 22s regular and the bloke who come on was the 19s
Big day for the 19's keepers today then. Just watching the Weston game on BarTV and James Wand in his starting debut went of injured and the 19's keeper got a run.

BP Super Dynamos
08-05-2016, 07:17 PM
What happened to Kelly and Pratt? I'd have started the 19's keeper over Wand. Poor result for the Bears nevertheless. They'll be scrapping to avoid the drop (if there is one)

winner
08-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Pratt shafted for Kelly. Kelly sent off last weekend so was out suspended

MFKS
08-05-2016, 07:33 PM
What happened to Kelly and Pratt? I'd have started the 19's keeper over Wand. Poor result for the Bears nevertheless. They'll be scrapping to avoid the drop (if there is one)
Kelly got sent off last week for a professional foul so would have been suspended

onlooker
08-05-2016, 07:44 PM
19's keeper is only in his second year as a keeper. Weston have a solid defence and will keep teams to low scores but finding goals will be the problem imo.

And Pratt left after being benched in round 1 yet to hear where he is going to play. To good to not be playing.

The Manager
08-05-2016, 07:57 PM

Keeper sent off today for Adamstown was Paul Bitz, who was recently signed as back up to Carter whilst he is serving his 4 week suspension, regular U/22's keeper came on to complete the remainder of first grade.

Ker-Plunk
09-05-2016, 01:35 AM
Lambton , nil development . over payed old legs out enthusd by young hungry legs

Why Blue
09-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Lambton , nil development . over payed old legs out enthusd by young hungry legs

Correct
But I believe the club know this, hence Pascoe
They know that next year they have problems, this years 22's are mostly over 20, 19's are mostly over 18
And 17's are currently 8th so years if neglect still showing there

But pascoe's links to youth thru HSH and old jets youth contacts could bring some hope

cobra23
09-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Keeper sent off today for Adamstown was Paul Bitz, who was recently signed as back up to Carter whilst he is serving his 4 week suspension, regular U/22's keeper came on to complete the remainder of first grade.

Is this the same keeper that has leaked 20plus goals in 4 games

The Magician
09-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Correct
They know that next year they have problems, this years 22's are mostly over 20, 19's are mostly over 18

But pascoe's links to youth thru HSH and old jets youth contacts could bring some hope

Just need to ensure they get a few results so there is a next year.

MFKS
09-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Correct

Nothing stopping them fixing the problem by recruiting in from other NPL clubs whether that be seniors of juniors to strengthen their lower grade sides.

Instead of just focusing on first grade go look at a few younger blokes at other clubs and bring them in with the view of bringing them up to first grade in 3-4 years time.

Then get around to strengthening their NPL Yoof teams so the problem is fixed permanently

mervan
09-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Nothing stopping them fixing the problem by recruiting in from other NPL clubs whether that be seniors of juniors to strengthen their lower grade sides.

Instead of just focusing on first grade go look at a few younger blokes at other clubs and bring them in with the view of bringing them up to first grade in 3-4 years time.

Then get around to strengthening their NPL Yoof teams so the problem is fixed permanently

They are a buying club not a developing club, its the way it works in the NPL

ForeverRed
09-05-2016, 03:55 PM

This

Goatscheese
09-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Just need to ensure they get a few results so there is a next year.

Northern aren't worrying about results for the next 3 years are they? I thought it was just about meeting the criteria.

Which is a pity and blight on the local game.

The Magician
09-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Northern aren't worrying about results for the next 3 years are they? I thought it was just about meeting the criteria. \

Criteria, surely Cahill Oval's surface deserves a black listing... Jesus Christ!!!

mervan
09-05-2016, 11:30 PM
\

Criteria, surely Cahill Oval's surface deserves a black listing... Jesus Christ!!!

I'm not sure the quality of the surface is given much weighting, Northern focus on amenities, referees rooms and toilets for all the spectators.

Personally I think it should be all about how much you have in the bank and whether you can sustain yourself financially in the league, rest is immaterial.

Name a club that has been relegated recently that wasn't in the bottom half financially. The points system/salary cap didn't work.

Zico
10-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure the quality of the surface is given much weighting, Northern focus on amenities, referees rooms and toilets for all the spectators.

Personally I think it should be all about how much you have in the bank and whether you can sustain yourself financially in the league, rest is immaterial.

Name a club that has been relegated recently that wasn't in the bottom half financially. The points system/salary cap didn't work.
Have you not been watching the EPL this season?

winner
10-05-2016, 10:53 AM
After 5 rounds and seeing everyone play, here are my predictions
1st magic. They have too much firepower in the front third and are strong all over the park.
2nd olympic. Quality squad and will push magic all the way. Best Defence in como but won't score enough goals
3rd edgeworth. Just below the top two. Really are missing Walker and McBreen yet to score. If they are to win the comp maccas needs to start scoring
4th maitland. Big spending on a new coach and players should see them sneak into 4th place. The addition of Clarke will help with the lack of goals
5th Charlestown. Had a great start to the year but have had the easy side of the draw. can't see them getting many points out of edgy,magic and olympic over the next free weeks
6th jaffas. Seem an unhappy camp since the departure of previous coach. Same playing roster as last year nearly struggling to adapt to new regime
7th weston. Always competitive as shown by 0-0 draw with magic. Defensively sound but I can't see where their goals are coming from
8th valentine. A few injuries will test their depth. Yet to play edgy magic or Olympic and can see one or two blowouts here.
9th adamstown. 5 send offs in 5 games including their keeper 3 times. How do they recover from this .
Last jets youth. Too many young players not ready for this level. Defensively poor which has a lot to do with their age. Luckily no relegation this year

The Magician
10-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Applications were sent out last week for 2017 NPL... has anyone seen what is involved?

mervan
10-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Have you not been watching the EPL this season?

Didn't know this was the EPL thread.

What I am referring to is that I don't think a wealthy club has been relegated from our top division for sometime.

Zico
10-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Didn't know this was the EPL thread.

What I am referring to is that I don't think a wealthy club has been relegated from our top division for sometime.
Lakes

mervan
10-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Lakes

Zics, you can't be serious

Zico
10-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Zics, you can't be serious
They have the money, they have plenty of it but poor administration cost them.

mervan
10-05-2016, 11:30 PM
They have the money, they have plenty of it but poor administration cost them.

Zics I can't disagree with you regarding administration, but the big spenders have been magic, Olympic, edgy and the jafs, and now Maitland, whereas the developing/poorer clubs like southy, lakes, Charlestown, Valentine have been up the down.

I think money rules in the NPL.

If I am way off the mark then please correct me.

The jafs spent big money to get into and now stay in the main game, it didn't come with luck it came with funds. Not being critical, it's just the way it is.

winner
10-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Zics I can't disagree with you regarding administration, but the big spenders have been magic, Olympic, edgy and the jafs, and now Maitland, whereas the developing/poorer clubs like southy, lakes, Charlestown, Valentine have been up the down.

I think money rules in the NPL.

If I am way off the mark then please correct me.

The jafs spent big money to get into and now stay in the main game, it didn't come with luck it came with funds. Not being critical, it's just the way it is.

You have a short memory regarding Lakes mervan. Go back 5 or so years ago when they won promotion. First year promoted they spent up big.Brad Swancott , Danny Burt, Andre Gumprecht, O'Sullivan, Brown , Jock Tannock,Sean Babic , Shane Knight just to name a few. Like Zico said, poor management and relegated within 3 years. There is nothing wrong with clubs spending money as there is no salary cap. It's whether they can sustain it long term or not

The Baby Piglet
11-05-2016, 02:11 PM
1st magic. They have too much firepower in the front third and are strong all over the park.
2nd olympic. Quality squad and will push magic all the way. Best Defence in como but won't score enough goals
3rd edgeworth. Just below the top two. Really are missing Walker and McBreen yet to score. If they are to win the comp maccas needs to start scoring
4th maitland. Big spending on a new coach and players should see them sneak into 4th place. The addition of Clarke will help with the lack of goals
5th Charlestown. Had a great start to the year but have had the easy side of the draw. can't see them getting many points out of edgy,magic and olympic over the next free weeks
6th jaffas. Seem an unhappy camp since the departure of previous coach. Same playing roster as last year nearly struggling to adapt to new regime
7th weston. Always competitive as shown by 0-0 draw with magic. Defensively sound but I can't see where their goals are coming from
8th valentine. A few injuries will test their depth. Yet to play edgy magic or Olympic and can see one or two blowouts here.
9th adamstown. 5 send offs in 5 games including their keeper 3 times. How do they recover from this .
Last jets youth. Too many young players not ready for this level. Defensively poor which has a lot to do with their age. Luckily no relegation this year

Think you are spot on Winne
P.S i think Jaffas will do ok once Pascoe realises they aren't the jets and can't play the style he wants.

GO AWAY
11-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Fox Sports will be doing documentaries called, " ones to watch " as part of the PS4 Player Pathway Program, where a short documentary will be done on young players, playing NPL during the FFA Cup broadcasts later on in the year, all clubs nominated three players aged 16-20 in their senior squad.
Two from NNSW have been selected by Fox sports and filming will be done by Adam Peacock at the Regional Football Facility.

Bremsstrahlung
11-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Who was selected?
Or will it be decided when our two representatives are decided?

winner
11-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Any scores from Maitland and Jets game

Goweston
11-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Maitland up 2-0 at halftime

mervan
11-05-2016, 09:22 PM
You have a short memory regarding Lakes mervan. Go back 5 or so years ago when they won promotion. First year promoted they spent up big.Brad Swancott , Danny Burt, Andre Gumprecht, O'Sullivan, Brown , Jock Tannock,Sean Babic , Shane Knight just to name a few. Like Zico said, poor management and relegated within 3 years. There is nothing wrong with clubs spending money as there is no salary cap. It's whether they can sustain it long term or not

Good point, but I think they ran out of money, they didn't have a real good squad when they got relegated or am I mistaken

winner
11-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Maitland up 2-0 at halftime
Fulltime score Goweston

Goweston
11-05-2016, 10:10 PM
4-1 in the end. Goal scorers for Maitland Matt Thompson 2, Ryan broadly 1, Carl Thornton 1

magician
12-05-2016, 10:19 AM
4-1 in the end. Goal scorers for Maitland Matt Thompson 2, Ryan broadly 1, Carl Thornton 1

Will be interesting to see where maitland are at with Jaffas edgy and magic in the next 4 weeks.

GO AWAY
12-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Who was selected?
Or will it be decided when our two representatives are decided?

Aiden Bryce from Edgeworth and Jarrod Purcell from Azzuri.

Tonester
12-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Can see where you're coming from with your predictions but I still have a question mark about Magic. 11 of their goals have come against the Jets &Adamstown, neither of whom are setting the world alight whereas Olympic have been scoring multiple goals every game(the exception being Maitland)as well as having the best defense in the comp.This weekend will answer a few questions I'm sure.

MFKS
12-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Can see where you're coming from with your predictions but I still have a question mark about Magic. 11 of their goals have come against the Jets &Adamstown, neither of whom are setting the world alight whereas Olympic have been scoring multiple goals every game(the exception being Maitland)as well as having the best defense in the comp.This weekend will answer a few questions I'm sure.
Last year's winner Edgy got off to an average start.
Year before same with the Jaffas

Pissants had a shocker in the HAL

Yeah Olympic have started well. Same as Magic

But titles not won in May

This weekend will more than likely expose a couple of issues for one side they are going to need to work through if they are to win the thing though

For the victor though their issues to be challenged by still await to be overcome

ForeverRed
12-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Wtf

Ker-Plunk
12-05-2016, 07:03 PM
someones been smoking the whoopy weed again .

Why Blue
12-05-2016, 07:27 PM

Which is probably what they will do
And then will come further criticism that they are a buying club and that the money is what is wrong with NPL

Question to all the critics of the 💰💰💰💰 in the game

Do you realise that there are 15yo rugby league players in Newcastle that have contracts exceeding $10k pa. plus equipment, medical, physio & gym memberships

There us a 16yo in Newcastle who just signed for $40k to play cricket

Point is it's 2016 💲💲💲💲are part of what we do. Kids developing thru all sports are looking to earn money

And if it is on offer at other codes but not football than where will the kids go ???
The game needs to pay its players, fact of life,

monz6
12-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Surely rhys cooper would've had to have been close to that young ffa cup player watch thing

hawk
12-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Last year's winner Edgy got off to an average start.
Year before same with the Jaffas

Pissants had a shocker in the HAL

Yeah Olympic have started well. Same as Magic

But titles not won in May

This weekend will more than likely expose a couple of issues for one side they are going to need to work through if they are to win the thing though

For the victor though their issues to be challenged by still await to be overcome

I think only injuries will stop Olympic. someone sometime will test out Bertos ankles, Illusionists and Edgey wont be far behind

titles aren't won in May except for in Europe and most other countries

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Anyone else down at Cahill today?

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Edgeworth finally score through a great finish by Moore (I think) and it might open the floodgates and end up 5 or 6 zip. The interplay from the front 4 or 5 is highly impressive and Valo have nothing.

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 04:49 PM
2-0 at HT. I think Edgy have taken the foot off knowing this game is done.

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 05:08 PM
McBreen makes it 3 less than a minute into the 2nd half.

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Moriyasu makes it 4. From a standing start he traps the thing, then rockets it top left corner from about 20 out. Not sure if Edgy have even got out of first gear.

ForeverRed
14-05-2016, 05:41 PM
4 nil edgy with 10 to go , try the betscores app it has live updates of all NPL games

halo se7en
14-05-2016, 06:05 PM
4 nil edgy with 10 to go , try the betscores app it has live updates of all NPL games

Thanks for the update FR....

winner
15-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Who is getting to the Derby today. I think Olympic 3-2 in a belter

15-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Top day for it.Olympic 2-0

monz6
15-05-2016, 10:12 AM
3-2 magic

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Going to azzurri v Weston, can walk there and get free entry, keep you posted

winner
15-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Going to azzurri v Weston, can walk there and get free entry, keep you posted

Free entry ??? Are you related to Tully

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Haha, if only he knew

MFKS
15-05-2016, 03:40 PM
8 mins in all Magic

1-0 James Virgili

Olympic 2-1 in 22s
Magic 2-0 in 19s

MFKS
15-05-2016, 04:10 PM
38 mins gone

1-1

Mooney with the equaliser

Good game

MFKS
15-05-2016, 04:18 PM
2-1 Olympic

Daniel Bird with the goal right on HT

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Nil all at Azzurri half time, fairly open game with both teams creating chances, Azzurri probs the better team

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Jaffas v Maitland nil all ht, jets up 1 over buds

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 04:53 PM
1 nil Azzurri, 2 nil jets

MFKS
15-05-2016, 04:57 PM
3-1 Olympic

Bertos with a penalty

Great refereeing

Olympic player beats keeper to ball and gets collected.

Peabrain ref doesn't even watch to see he ****ing scored with his touch before being taken out.

Justice done.

But FFS where is the advantage??

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 05:12 PM
3 nil jets

MFKS
15-05-2016, 05:19 PM
FT Olympic 3-1

MFKS
15-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Have to query what Magic coach is thinking

Playing 4-3-3 and it a 4-3-3 with your wide attackers puxhed up.

You getting over run in midfield and out numbered against a side playing a 4-5-1 more or less as the wide attackers are only pushing forward in possession but sitting in for the most part

Your 2-1 down 60 mins in so you take a CM off and go 4-2-4 more or less

Rather bizarre to see

Blueboy
15-05-2016, 05:44 PM

You getting over run in midfield and out numbered against a side playing a 4-5-1 more or less as the wide attackers are only pushing forward in possession but sitting in for the most part

Rather bizarre to see

I can see Magic losing lots of close games. There front three do no work and the 3 in midfield work there arse off and die. Olympic had a field day in the midfield in the 2nd half.

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 05:47 PM
One nil Azzurri ft, very open game with both sides guilty of giving away far to much ball, not sure what system Weston were trying to play but came out in the second half and decided to pump it from the back, easy to defend, long season for bears and buds, still don't think Azzurri will make the four

ForeverRed
15-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Rather bizarre to see
These blokes have always had top shelf cattle to make them look good, when the chips are down they can be found clueless

monz6
15-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Kale kept quiet by bertos.. Might be a sign that everyone who was filthy at the jets for not pushing him to the first team may be wrong. I know you can't judge from one game but against a former a league player he was lost. Mfks what are your thoughts on this

mervan
15-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Kale kept quiet by bertos.. Might be a sign that everyone who was filthy at the jets for not pushing him to the first team may be wrong. I know you can't judge from one game but against a former a league player he was lost. Mfks what are your thoughts on this

Have Magic won anything under these guys.

EH9
15-05-2016, 07:52 PM

Rather bizarre to see

Olympic's coach won the tactical battle. Made good structural changes which turned the game.

MFKS
15-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Olympic's coach won the tactical battle. Made good structural changes which turned the game.

The injury to Swann sure helped the cause.

As soon as he went off Bertos dropped back and the Olympic back 4 had the Magic attack covered after that.

He definitely got it right by crowding the midfield.

**** though did Magic play into their hands.

As for Kale. Not his best game. The amount of long balls that got pumped by Magic at him and Virgili were excessive. Kale ain't winning shit in the air so why diract 30-40 yard passes in his direction when he is marked by a bigger opponent.

Magics defence for mine was an improvement on last season.
The goals they gave away today were pretty sloppy though.
For the most part they dealt with Olympic attack well but got exposed far too easily on a few occasions and got punished for it

winner
15-05-2016, 08:45 PM

As soon as he went off Bertos dropped back and the Olympic back 4 had the Magic attack covered after that.

As for Kale. Not his best game. The amount of long balls that got pumped by Magic at him and Virgili were excessive. Kale ain't winning shit in the air so why diract 30-40 yard passes in his direction when he is marked by a bigger opponent.

For the most part they dealt with Olympic attack well but got exposed far too easily on a few occasions and got punished for it

They just conceded 3 goals against Olympic today after conceding 2 against the Jets last weekend. Something wrong defensively if your conceding 5 goals in 2 matches

mervan
15-05-2016, 10:27 PM
They just conceded 3 goals against Olympic today after conceding 2 against the Jets last weekend. Something wrong defensively if your conceding 5 goals in 2 matches

Magic spent all there money on strikers, Jon Griffiths is a waste of space, hope Higgins returns soon

monz6
15-05-2016, 11:19 PM
tackle on Luke Remington at the end of the Jaffas Maitland game is terrible

Local Rules
16-05-2016, 11:57 AM
After 1/3 of the season and a 7 point gap between 5th and 6th on ladder is it that the teams at the bottom are happy to blood players with the aim of seeing what their squad will be like next year as their is no relegation this year or is it that the teams with the coin, apart from Lambton, are taking the better quality players diluting the talent available?

ForeverRed
16-05-2016, 01:15 PM
The points system is all wrong, initially they got it right but after one season FFA changed it, the points system was designed to stop clubs signing half a dozen players each year and to develope youth, it's obviously not working

onlooker
16-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Swancott benched for Jaffas game against Maitland. Is that the first time this year or has it been like that for a week or two?

The Magician
16-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Swancott benched for Jaffas game against Maitland. Is that the first time this year or has it been like that for a week or two?

First time i think... That tackle on Remington was an absolute disgrace... should be straight red any day of the week (but oviously not Sunday's), only thought going through the players mind was im gonna break this guy... adding insult 4 minutes earlier the same guy nearly took his head off leading in a challenge rugby style with shoulder and forearm... linesperson useless 3m away and no flag waved.

We want the league to be more professional and higher profile and attract the big names, but we constantly ignore the basics and fail to appropriately punish the technically inept meatheads of the competition. Shame shame shame!!!

GO AWAY
16-05-2016, 03:49 PM
One nil Azzurri ft, very open game with both sides guilty of giving away far to much ball, not sure what system Weston were trying to play but came out in the second half and decided to pump it from the back, easy to defend, long season for bears and buds, still don't think Azzurri will make the four

Azzuri have more points this year then the whole of last season, they are going well, remember their best four players this season were all out yesterday,( Hughes, Lama and Hudson and Ross went off after 40 )so depth was tested and backed up my statement that there is more depth this year. Big three weeks coming up but

immersion
16-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Azzuri have more points this year then the whole of last season, they are going well, remember their best four players this season were all out yesterday,( Hughes, Lama and Hudson and Ross went off after 40 )so depth was tested and backed up my statement that there is more depth this year. Big three weeks coming up but

possibly the absence of Tull is helping. I've always he was a poison for them. Him being injured could be a blessing is disguise IMO.

winner
16-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Next 3 games are Edgeworth, Magic and Olympic. Let us wait until after these 3 games to see where Azzurri are really at. So far they have answered every challenge

halo se7en
16-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Next 3 games are Edgeworth, Magic and Olympic. Let us wait until after these 3 games to see where Azzurri are really at. So far they have answered every challenge

Not every challenge. I've only seen them so far at home to Valo. Considering the ease at which Edgy put Valo away the other day, that's one challenge Azzurri might look back on come season's end and realise they dropped 2 easy points.

Imyourhero
16-05-2016, 04:45 PM
How good has Moriyasu been for edgy

GO AWAY
16-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Not every challenge. I've only seen them so far at home to Valo. Considering the ease at which Edgy put Valo away the other day, that's one challenge Azzurri might look back on come season's end and realise they dropped 2 easy points.
Add the two points they dropped against maitland, Matt thompsons last kick of the game

immersion
16-05-2016, 05:20 PM

https://youtu.be/CGeAulXJTtI?t=7075

that video link shows the horrific tackle on Remington. I do not know who committed the tackle, But F me if that isn't a send off what is. Remington could of had his leg broken very easily.

Surely the referees job is to look after player welfare first.

Credit to Remington for not carrying on.

magician
16-05-2016, 05:30 PM
First time i think... That tackle on Remington was an absolute disgrace... should be straight red any day of the week (but oviously not Sunday's), only thought going through the players mind was im gonna break this guy... adding insult 4 minutes earlier the same guy nearly took his head off leading in a challenge rugby style with shoulder and forearm... linesperson useless 3m away and no flag waved.

We want the league to be more professional and higher profile and attract the big names, but we constantly ignore the basics and fail to appropriately punish the technically inept meatheads of the competition. Shame shame shame!!!

What minute of the game is the tackle in?

Imyourhero
16-05-2016, 05:32 PM
WOW! The linesman is f**king right there.....
My leg hurt just watching that.

namwob99
16-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Yeah that's disgraceful!!

hamburgler
16-05-2016, 05:41 PM
https://youtu.be/CGeAulXJTtI?t=7075

that video link shows the horrific tackle on Remington. I do not know who committed the tackle, But F me if that isn't a send off what is. Remington could of had his leg broken very easily.

Surely the referees job is to look after player welfare first.

Credit to Remington for not carrying on.

Sickening challenge, absolutely disgraceful. What the hell was the bloke thinking?

Anyone know who it was?

Blueboy
16-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Typical tho, the referees are just rubbish in this comp.
The referee in question seems to get worse every game, but always refs the following week.

onlooker
16-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Sickening challenge, absolutely disgraceful. What the hell was the bloke thinking?

Anyone know who it was?
Looking at the video it looks like it was the #2. Can't quite remember who 2 was tho.

magician
16-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Looking at the video it looks like it was the #2. Can't quite remember who 2 was tho.

Zac hill I think it is. Has always been a flog.

winner
16-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Disgraceful challenge. This is where NNSW need to get with the times. Every game is shown by bartv now. There needs to be an Avenue for clubs to file grievances or appeal wrong decisions. We all watched the footage of the Maitland Valo game a few weeks ago that got a yellow card. They have nearly 40 fulltime staff there. Bartv is providing great coverage so why can't it be used to site challenges like this. Or vice versa, if a player is sent off in a wrong decision surely you should be able to use bartv coverage of the incident to appeal

chocolate soldier
16-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Gee i hope he cops one back for that, really ordinary
Anyone saying it was an accident obviously hasnt played before. At that level, you definitely know what you are doing, and that tackle was made with 1 intention only

The Acolyte
16-05-2016, 07:11 PM
BAR TV , like the breathalyser won't get every player guilty of foul play, but the players are unaware of what is captured on film. Like the breathalyser , the camera will change player behaviour

spamg172
16-05-2016, 07:56 PM
How good has Moriyasu been for edgy

Shooting from distance is something that is not really seen with any consistency in this league (or the A league really). There's obviously a few guys who can hit a ball, but when was the last time someone scored 5 in a yr from outside the box? He's definitely good to watch.

hawk
16-05-2016, 08:00 PM
lets not vent names on here for idiotic tackles. A square up next round is way more appropriate

mervan
16-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Anyone know who it was?

Lots of concern shown for Rimmo from his teammates, not, says a lot about the group IMO

mervan
16-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Just watched the Adamstown Jets highlights seriously what are Adamstown doing about the goalkeeper, seriously this is the top league in the town, bring back promotion relegation.

cobra23
17-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Disgraceful challenge. This is where NNSW need to get with the times. Every game is shown by bartv now. There needs to be an Avenue for clubs to file grievances or appeal wrong decisions. We all watched the footage of the Maitland Valo game a few weeks ago that got a yellow card. They have nearly 40 fulltime staff there. Bartv is providing great coverage so why can't it be used to site challenges like this. Or vice versa, if a player is sent off in a wrong decision surely you should be able to use bartv coverage of the incident to appeal

What minute was this challenge on ?
cant be stuffed watching the whole game.

De-Champ
17-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Just watched the Adamstown Jets highlights seriously what are Adamstown doing about the goalkeeper, seriously this is the top league in the town, bring back promotion relegation.

Don't know what more can they do. First choice keeper is suspended, the 2nd choice bought in as back up is suspended as well. You have the 3rd choice ( 22's keeper) in there now. If he gets suspended the 19s keeper will get the gigg.

hamburgler
17-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Right at the end of the game.

Local Rules
17-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Typical tho, the referees are just rubbish in this comp.
The referee in question seems to get worse every game, but always refs the following week.

Not as bad a decision as his brother at Cessnock who gave a penalty for a goalkeeper punching a ball away in a fair challenge and reason given was the attacker was laying on the ground due to the collision. But as you say they will both get games next week.

BP Super Dynamos
17-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Not as bad a decision as his brother at Cessnock who gave a penalty for a goalkeeper punching a ball away in a fair challenge and reason given was the attacker was laying on the ground due to the collision. But as you say they will both get games next week.

From where I was standing, near the Cessnock bench, keeper didn't get a touch on the ball. Pretty fair penalty in my view

ForeverRed
17-05-2016, 11:11 AM
The link above takes you directly to the challenge, I don't believe it was that bad

GO AWAY
17-05-2016, 11:42 AM

I could only put myself through the highlights ( lowlights ), Adamstown and Jets to fight for wooden spoon, and if that is the best the Jets have got under the A-League team, the jets have big dramas, was like watching an all age game between Dudley and Stockton. Sad

magician
17-05-2016, 01:08 PM
The link above takes you directly to the challenge, I don't believe it was that bad

Your kidding right. Jumping in with 2 feet off the ground.
Yeah not bad at all

EH9
17-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Your kidding right. Jumping in with 2 feet off the ground.
Yeah not bad at all

Agreed!

Blueboy
17-05-2016, 01:21 PM

That's how they are taught in South Cardiff??
No soccer ability, hence why they are now in 2HD.

hamburgler
17-05-2016, 01:24 PM

Surely you are joking???

Ker-Plunk
17-05-2016, 01:31 PM
watched it live and watched footage . all clubs should be wary of this hacker . funny watching the magpie supporter in background pretending he said nothing when remo looks at him . true tough guy .

RAM
17-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Wasn't pretty, but it wasn't 2 footed/ straight red either. Definitely looking to fix him up, but I wouldn't call it a straight red....

Wilso8948
17-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Wasn't pretty, but it wasn't 2 footed/ straight red either. Definitely looking to fix him up, but I wouldn't call it a straight red....

Mate seriously. The bloke slid in hard from behind with at least one foot raised. The attacker was going nowhere and was unsighted. He was absolutely stopped dead. That is one of the most blatant red cards I've ever seen. I'm all for playing hard but intentionally looking to "fix someone up" while they are unsighted and going nowhere is completely out of order. That is a perfect example of how leg/ankle fractures occur.

hamburgler
17-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Mate seriously. The bloke slid in hard from behind with at least one foot raised. The attacker was going nowhere and was unsighted. He was absolutely stopped dead. That is one of the most blatant red cards I've ever seen. I'm all for playing hard but intentionally looking to "fix someone up" while they are unsighted and going nowhere is completely out of order. That is a perfect example of how leg/ankle fractures occur.

Agree completely. Wasn't a two-footed challenge but was downright dangerous. Deserved a red card without any doubt!

Local Rules
17-05-2016, 04:20 PM
From where I was standing, near the Cessnock bench, keeper didn't get a touch on the ball. Pretty fair penalty in my view

The angle I saw it at he collected ball just as the attcker went up to head the ball. Didn't affect the result and made the game interesting in the last ten minutes. Either way, you see that challenge and the Maitland one and different referees will call it differently each time.

The tackle against Lambton should have been red. I wonder if the assessors had a different point of view.

ForeverRed
17-05-2016, 04:41 PM
not sure what south cardiff has to do with this, you'll need to come up with something better although it appears your small mind could be incapable of this, give them enough line and they will bite, here fishy fishy

onlooker
17-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Just saw Pratty has joined Maitland for the rest of the year.

Bremsstrahlung
17-05-2016, 06:14 PM
That's how they are taught in South Cardiff??
No soccer ability, hence why they are now in 2HD.

Football*
NEWFM*
Good try though.

Buddha
17-05-2016, 06:27 PM
That's about as blatant a red card as you can get.... How neither the ref or linesman deemed that to be a red is unbelievable.

monz6
17-05-2016, 08:26 PM
not sure what south cardiff has to do with this, you'll need to come up with something better although it appears your small mind could be incapable of this, give them enough line and they will bite, here fishy fishy

the year they go down you suddenly have nothing to do with them? Also a bit ironic that the year after they go down you start bagging the talent saying it's the worst it's ever been. Also very ironic that while you're bagging the talent you think a blatant attempt to hurt the most talented player is ok...

namwob99
17-05-2016, 08:30 PM
the year they go down you suddenly have nothing to do with them? Also a bit ironic that the year after they go down you start bagging the talent saying it's the worst it's ever been. Also very ironic that while you're bagging the talent you think a blatant attempt to hurt the most talented player is ok...

Sounds like Alanis Morissette!!

ForeverRed
17-05-2016, 09:41 PM
After 22 years I suddenly have nothing to do with them, yeah right, after retiring 3 years ago from Southy but still remained because other fly ins quit, I suddenly have nothing to do with them, I still support the mighty gunners champ, the committee up there are doing a fine job, not my fault the NPL is not what it's cracked up to be, I've seen worse tackles, it's a forum, people are entitled to opinions, you don't need to like them, oh, and that's just from my experience, isn't it ironic

Wilso8948
17-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Sounds like Alanis Morissette!!
Don't you think?

monz6
17-05-2016, 11:53 PM
After 22 years I suddenly have nothing to do with them, yeah right, after retiring 3 years ago from Southy but still remained because other fly ins quit, I suddenly have nothing to do with them, I still support the mighty gunners champ, the committee up there are doing a fine job, not my fault the NPL is not what it's cracked up to be, I've seen worse tackles, it's a forum, people are entitled to opinions, you don't need to like them, oh, and that's just from my experience, isn't it ironic

Ill expect to never be sent off again because there's been worse tackles made. Also I shouldn't get done for speeding going ten over because someone once went 20 over. Everyone's entitled to an opinion yeah youre right but if a magic player did that same tackle to a gunners player say last year you'd have a different one I'm 100% certain.

ForeverRed
18-05-2016, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't expect that from a magic player

Lofty
18-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Shooting from distance is something that is not really seen with any consistency in this league (or the A league really). There's obviously a few guys who can hit a ball, but when was the last time someone scored 5 in a yr from outside the box? He's definitely good to watch.

Although he's been off the past few seasons, I've seen Peter Haynes score a number of goals from outside the box. But I agree, hasn't been too many other players to do it consistently.
As far as A league goes, I'll always be impressed by the hattrick of goals that Taggart scored; all bombs from outside the box against Melbournt heart a few years back.

Sacchi
18-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Also a bit ironic that the year after they go down you start bagging the talent saying it's the worst it's ever been.

This

MFKS
18-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Gee whiz FR.

I have seen much worse than that tackle too but you really are wrong if you think that tackle is not too bad.

It a blatant hack on a player from behind with far too much aggression on a needless cause.

RAM
18-05-2016, 11:31 AM

Was more side on imo....not from behind.

ForeverRed
18-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Who cares, no one got hurt, the ref dealt with it, I'm more concerned with cheats pulling shirts etc etc and nothing being done, I'd rather see a good solid tackle then a shirt pull

Wilso8948
18-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Was more side on imo....not from behind.

That's what she said!

MFKS
18-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Who cares, no one got hurt, the ref dealt with it, I'm more concerned with cheats pulling shirts etc etc and nothing being done, I'd rather see a good solid tackle then a shirt pull
Hey I agree with the shirt pulling being policed.

I also happy to see good solid tackles. That tackle though ain't a good solid tackle at all. It is a cheap shot at a player that is more than often not going to lead to injury.
Thankfully for Remington's sake he got off unscathed.

There is no way any body needs to be doing tackles like that whether in All Age NPL HAL or Professional league in Europe.

Now if he had of got a red for it no one would have said he was hard done by would they??

monz6
18-05-2016, 07:11 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3912062/radical-rule-has-coaches-offside-poll/?cs=306

Can see the news reports heading into the final round already! "Team A needs to beat team B and hope that Team D beats team C so they leaps above team C into fourth. Alternatively they can make it in if a 13 year old youth league player from team C's club swears at a ref on a different day at a different venue"

Thomas477
18-05-2016, 07:32 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3912062/radical-rule-has-coaches-offside-poll/?cs=306

Can see the news reports heading into the final round already! "Team A needs to beat team B and hope that Team D beats team C so they leaps above team C into fourth. Alternatively they can make it in if a 13 year old youth league player from team C's club swears at a ref on a different day at a different venue"

I have no issue with this, and I'm a Jaffas fan.

Yes you can say we need higher quality match officials, but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to do this. However, as with footballers, higher quality match officials take time to develope, just like players. Having people drop out because they're being constantly sworn at or threatened, increases the amount of time it takes. Imagine if half the players from the junior npl ranks drop out each year. If that happens over 5 years, suddenly you're down to about 3% of those who started. And if the quality of the players at the start are the best available, that doesn't leave a high quality group of players.

MFKS
18-05-2016, 07:40 PM
I have no issue with this, and I'm a Jaffas fan.

Yes you can say we need higher quality match officials, but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to do this. However, as with footballers, higher quality match officials take time to develope, just like players. Having people drop out because they're being constantly sworn at or threatened, increases the amount of time it takes. Imagine if half the players from the junior npl ranks drop out each year. If that happens over 5 years, suddenly you're down to about 3% of those who started. And if the quality of the players at the start are the best available, that doesn't leave a high quality group of players.
Good system

Shoul see the clubs policing their own bad behaviour.

Problem is we have the whoa not fair on first grade shit alrwady.

Simple solution.

Control your players at junior level and teach them respect.

Do that and you won't have a problem.

tucker's daughter
18-05-2016, 07:50 PM
This can all be solved with Northern stepping up to the plate for once and backing the referees. If a player gets sent off for dissent or swearing at a referee make it a minimum 4 week suspension regardless of what grade or age they play. If they are a repeat offender make their second offence a 6 week suspension. So instead of threatening to take competition points of 1st grade sides who may not even be involved in the send off punish the player/coach responsible. Realistically, if the offender was facing 4 weeks on the sidelines and a total of 10 weeks on the sideline for a second offence how quickly would we see the ref abuse stopping. And on the other hand not many clubs are going to sign or keep a player who gets these suspension.

Imyourhero
18-05-2016, 07:56 PM
I don't see how this will be effective.
Humans will always be d**kheads, there are people who can't even get along and treat each other respectfully on this small forum, let alone throughout entire football clubs including players & officials.
I'm sorry MFKS but to say what you have there about "controlling" players and "teach them respect" is just short sighted and shows either ignorance or zero understanding of how people think and act. I don't agree whatsoever with your views there.
I would honestly love if it was as simple as doing the above ideas, jeez the world would be a much better place.
Personally, as a player I would feel much worse, or absolutely pissed if it was a teammate/coach who cost our own team points versus the punishment being applied to others outside of my team.

monz6
18-05-2016, 07:59 PM
This can all be solved with Northern stepping up to the plate for once and backing the referees. If a player gets sent off for dissent or swearing at a referee make it a minimum 4 week suspension regardless of what grade or age they play. If they are a repeat offender make their second offence a 6 week suspension. So instead of threatening to take competition points of 1st grade sides who may not even be involved in the send off punish the player/coach responsible. Realistically, if the offender was facing 4 weeks on the sidelines and a total of 10 weeks on the sideline for a second offence how quickly would we see the ref abuse stopping. And on the other hand not many clubs are going to sign or keep a player who gets these suspension.

Absolutely I agree. abuse of officials is not on I hope you didn't take my post that way. Wouldn't encourage my child to be a ref. But alternatively I don't think enough is being done about poor refereeing. From the outside looking in it seems like denial that refs make mistakes and we wonder why players get angry. But as a comment on the article said one of the quoted coaches caused their child to quit. That's not on. Needs to be a medium found

Tonester
18-05-2016, 10:40 PM
I struggle to find an affinity with anyone over any other in regard to a solution to the refereeing debate. I just wish I was fit enough to do the job as I'm sure that the ability to gender respect as an official would go a long way to warrant respect from players. If an official is seen to be competent in his role as an arbitrator players will react accordingly. The one thing missing from society today is respect, the football field is an anachronism of how we live our lives.

Speedymetric
18-05-2016, 11:43 PM
I think you need to look up the definition of anachronism.

Stryker
19-05-2016, 08:02 AM
I struggle to find an affinity with anyone over any other in regard to a solution to the refereeing debate. I just wish I was fit enough to do the job as I'm sure that the ability to gender respect as an official would go a long way to warrant respect from players. If an official is seen to be competent in his role as an arbitrator players will react accordingly. The one thing missing from society today is respect, the football field is an anachronism of how we live our lives.

Did you mean 'garner' respect?

How would you coach the current refs in gaining respect better from the players? Surely there is more to it than just making a few good calls albeit it goes a long way. Attitudes these days are very poor. We've had a high number of cautions and send offs early in the season. Do u see that as referee strictness/competency/player management or player poor choice/attitude?
Players push the boundaries early in a season as they are keen, trying to impress but also testing the ref to see what they will n won't pull up.
I think respect should be an attitude drummed in from the heirarchy of Nnsw and the clubs. Coaches attitudes go a long way towards affecting players attitudes regarding respecting the refs decision and moving on.

immersion
19-05-2016, 09:16 AM

This makes no sense. Surely committing a terrible tackle like this and potentially injuring one of the opposition's best players is a stronger form of cheating?

Plus, getting injured from a shirt being pulled has to be low compared this?

Finally, if this is what you class as a good solid tackle, all i can say is, i hope your not involved in coaching in any capacity.

Stryker
19-05-2016, 10:26 AM

Obviously a Kevin muscat fan. High force, dangerous with the potential or likelihood of injury. Muscat ended careers with his brutality and thuggery. It's not what football is about, keep fishing FR.

ForeverRed
19-05-2016, 12:41 PM
No need, I've already got the catch of the day, 😂😂

Why Blue
20-05-2016, 09:19 AM
After spending last three days at Combined High Schools State Championship I am happy to say that we have some great young talent coming thru our NPL ranks

Hunter team topped thier pool and ended up making the final, just falling short going down 2-1 to Sydney South West, a pen to SSW with 2 mins to go.......

But great effort from a talented group of young players, yr 11 & 12 with hunter having two year 10 boys
The boys are spread thru the NPL with some at Jets youth/18's and others from Magic, Edgy, CCB Valo playing 19 & 22's

Best part is that the boys actually beat the two Sydney teams they played showing that they can match it with them, right boys right attitude

Well done and I look forward to watching these boys progress thru the NPL

hawk
20-05-2016, 09:58 AM
^Awesome^

Onehunglow
20-05-2016, 12:26 PM
After spending last three days at Combined High Schools State Championship I am happy to say that we have some great young talent coming thru our NPL ranks

Hunter team topped thier pool and ended up making the final, just falling short going down 2-1 to Sydney South West, a pen to SSW with 2 mins to go.......

But great effort from a talented group of young players, yr 11 & 12 with hunter having two year 10 boys
The boys are spread thru the NPL with some at Jets youth/18's and others from Magic, Edgy, CCB Valo playing 19 & 22's

Best part is that the boys actually beat the two Sydney teams they played showing that they can match it with them, right boys right attitude

Good to see a bit of positivity on the local youth seen. There are plenty of people working very hard to lift the training and coaching standards in our region.
It takes a lot of work and patience to bring these kids through and while it may not be perfect there are plenty of good signs around.
Good post.

The Magician
20-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Good to see a bit of positivity on the local youth seen. There are plenty of people working very hard to lift the training and coaching standards in our region.
It takes a lot of work and patience to bring these kids through and while it may not be perfect there are plenty of good signs around.
Good post.

I especially liked the Jets coaches trying to get the contact details for the strong Sydney players to join them for the NPL competition.

Why Blue
20-05-2016, 08:11 PM
I especially liked the Jets coaches trying to get the contact details for the strong Sydney players to join them for the NPL competition.

Sorry contract conditions mean I can't discuss that 😉😄

But really why would Sydney boys come up to jets ???
My understanding of it would be more the other way

20-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Have Rosebuds sorted out their keeper yet? Some of the goals against Jets a better keeper would have had no problems with.
Charlestown have surprised me this season but I think the Eagles will have too much for them

big jim
21-05-2016, 09:17 AM

Nice post blue man

We hear so much about the gap between us and Sydney, especially in EJ games So it is great to see a hunter team do so well
Hats off to the boys , I would hope they be a big part if the NPL in the next year or so

Interesting that when a good positive post is written a lot of forum local experts seem to have nothing to say
So let's keep up the positive posts and maybe they will be gone forever !!

MFKS
21-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Yu
Nice post blue man

We hear so much about the gap between us and Sydney, especially in EJ games So it is great to see a hunter team do so well
Hats off to the boys , I would hope they be a big part if the NPL in the next year or so

Interesting that when a good positive post is written a lot of forum local experts seem to have nothing to say
So let's keep up the positive posts and maybe they will be gone forever !!
You have fun with your delusion

NNSW is the second largest Federation in Australia.
Name me the last Soccerroos player they produced and how long ago was it??
20 years???

They Struggle to produce starting level HAL players for the Jets as you could make a case that the two locals i Kanta and BK are not even certain first team selections

Yet you think one promising result in a midweek schools tourney shows they are on the right path and we are about to see the dawning of a new era???

I not sharing your illusion

ForeverRed
21-05-2016, 09:54 AM
I think Clayton Zane was the last senior Socceroo back in 1999 but I could be wrong.

big jim
21-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Wish it was this easy on the lake

winner
21-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Tips today
Olympic 4-0 Jets
Jaffas 3-0 Buds

MFKS
21-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Jaffas 1-0 at HT
Remington a with goal on stroke of HT

Buds 1-0. 22s
Jaffas 3-2 19s

Tonester
21-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Olympic up 3 nil halftime, Goodchild 2 Bailey 1

MFKS
21-05-2016, 04:46 PM
2-0 Remington with a second.

Looked like a mishit centre but if he meant it a top finish

MFKS
21-05-2016, 04:55 PM
3-0 Joel Woods cut out a. clearance run 20 yards and slotted easily

Jaffas ok but Buds not so good

magician
21-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Olympic 5-0

MFKS
21-05-2016, 05:05 PM
4-0 Johny Maj

Cross from the left evaded everyone Johnny Maj loitering on back post had enough time to take a touch call his mum and smash home

MFKS
21-05-2016, 05:18 PM
5-0 FT Remington with a hat trick with last kick of the game

The Dunster
21-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Sorry contract conditions mean I can't discuss that ����

But really why would Sydney boys come up to jets ???
My understanding of it would be more the other way

Why wouldn't they come here. On a dollar per mins played basis Andy Brennan would be on as good if not better coin than Messi or Ronaldo. :gent:

MFKS
21-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Why wouldn't they come here. On a dollar per mins played basis Andy Brennan would be on as good if not better coin than Messi or Ronaldo. :gent:

They would come here as the Jets will promise them the opportunity to play HAL

Problem is they make promises to 100 kids

Then when they don't deliver the kid ****s off back down the F3

In the meantime they jerk around the kids here busting their arses

hawk
21-05-2016, 09:06 PM

they should leave our kids alone

namwob99
21-05-2016, 09:51 PM
they should leave our kids alone

Hey teacher!!

Charman
22-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Jets v hammo today, to be frank couldve been 0-0 1/2 time, also couldve been 2-2. Hammo slotted all their chances, jets couldnt hit the side of a bus. Jets intensity 1st half was good, 2nd half dropped off, hammo put queue in the rack and still did it easy. Goodchild looks like he does nothing but slots 3. Says something. Jets need defensive experience, the lads try and 16 yr old rb matches physicality with anyone. Main problems are cb and striker for mine. The jets looked ok today and scoreline not a fair indication of the game but a fair indication of the gap in experience, if that makes sense. Jets 8 looks a quality player and would make the grade at any club. What have the jets got to offer guys like this?

MFKS
22-05-2016, 03:20 PM
19s Magic 5-2
22s Valo 2-1

onlooker
22-05-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm out at Weston V Maitland it's bout 20mins in and I'm wondering when either team is going to start playing football. Deadset foul after foul.

onlooker
22-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Maitland take a 1-0 lead BK saves a pen and Broadley taps in rebound.

onlooker
22-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Brock Oakley sent second Yellow still first half and very little football played.

GO AWAY
22-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Edgy 1-0 ht
22s azzuri 2-1
19s Azzuri 3-1

MFKS
22-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Magic 2-0 up at HT

Valo level it up

Haynes then misses another penalty

Dives in studs up for the rebound. Only a yellow.

FMD

onlooker
22-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Maitland 3-0 up second was a pen for Heffernan after BK gave away his second pen for the day. Lucky to stay on. And broadly just grabbed his second FROM SOME DECENT FOOTBALL. Weston playing like they are the man down. No idea where they will get there goals from this year other than a Morris free kick.

onlooker
22-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Full time 3-0 Maitland
U/22's 2-1 Weston
U/19's 4-0 Weston

MFKS
22-05-2016, 05:33 PM
FT 3-3

Valo scored to make it 3-2 straight after the pen save

Virgili levelled it up with 15 to go

BP Super Dynamos
22-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Looks like Weston will claim the spoon. If they continue playing like they did today, they won't grab another point all season

MFKS
22-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Looks like Weston will claim the spoon. If they continue playing like they did today, they won't grab another point all season

Watched Buds yesterday.

Never seen such a soft 5-0 win

No certainty they will pick up much points for the rest of the season either

winner
22-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Another 3 conceded by magics improved Defence today MFKS. On another note why is kale still not taking the penalties

winner
22-05-2016, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=GO AWAY;152844]Azzuri have more points this year then the whole of last season, they are going well, remember their best four players this season were all out yesterday,( Hughes, Lama and Hudson and Ross went off after 40 )so depth was tested and backed up my statement that there is more depth this year. Big three weeks coming
Came up a long way short in the first week of their Big Three weeks, getting demoralised 6-1 by Edgeworth

stopper2
22-05-2016, 08:05 PM

In four sentences pretty well sums up the whole situation.

MFKS
22-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Another 3 conceded by magics improved Defence today MFKS. On another note why is kale still not taking the penalties

It was comical really

Valo for the first 55 mins were not in the game and Magics keeper was untested

5 mins of abysmal defending and 2 goals

They steadied the ship and then another moment of abysmal defending cost them another goal.

I will stick my ground and say that for the most part it has improved considerably. They are still though far too sloppy at times

The coaches insistence on playing 3 attackers never pushing back and never offering much in defence though is leaving a big problem
To me it doesn't get the best out of Kale and Virgili speed and leaves them far too isolated at times

It also puts a ridiculous amount of work on the CMs who are gonna tire and be overworked numerically far too often

They won't win shit playing this formation that is for sure.. Would like to see the two wide attackers drop back and play a but deeper and narrower.

As for Kale not taking penalties. This hot brought up before that Haynes is a gun Pen taker.
Not seeing much evidence to back it up.

Matter of fact the way he has been playing in the last 18 months in general it may not be too long until they actually bench him anyway.
They sure looked a lot better without him on there for the last 15 mins

monz6
22-05-2016, 09:42 PM
This moryasu guy has got to be close to the best player in the Comp he's incredible

mervan
22-05-2016, 09:43 PM
It was comical really

They steadied the ship and then another moment of abysmal defending cost them another goal.

I will stick my ground and say that for the most part it has improved considerably. They are still though far too sloppy at times

The coaches insistence on playing 3 attackers never pushing back and never offering much in defence though is leaving a big problem
To me it doesn't get the best out of Kale and Virgili speed and leaves them far too isolated at times

It also puts a ridiculous amount of work on the CMs who are gonna tire and be overworked numerically far too often

They won't win shit playing this formation that is for sure.. Would like to see the two wide attackers drop back and play a but deeper and narrower.

As for Kale not taking penalties. This hot brought up before that Haynes is a gun Pen taker.

Matter of fact the way he has been playing in the last 18 months in general it may not be too long until they actually bench him anyway.

Wow penalty from Haynes was woeful, then two footed challenge on keeper, is he past it?

immersion
22-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Wow penalty from Haynes was woeful, then two footed challenge on keeper, is he past it?

so haynsy missed another penalty?

This moryasu guy has got to be close to the best player in the Comp he's incredible

he is good around the goal. Seems to drift out of the game in general play though IMO. a good pick up for edgy. I dont think he is the best player in the comp.

MFKS
23-05-2016, 08:31 AM

Past it.

No

He still quite a handy NPL player.

He just ain't the player he was 4-5 years ago

Magic reliance on him is a little excessive and needs to be tapered back a bit i think.

He can contributeat this level but I think the coaches need to ease the load on him

With Fino Kale Virgili they have enough quality there that Haynes doesn't need to be the main man any more

Bremsstrahlung
23-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Kale up front with Haynes in behind. With virgili and petit on the wings with finlayson and faj/foteff/whoever else in the centre

Goweston
23-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Well doesn't yesterday just summarise the demise of Weston. It's hard to go along every week to support a club that can't even take it to a side that is a player down for most of the match.

Obviously loosing the players we did this offseason, and recruiting those from south Cardiff who didn't want to play new fm was always going to be a struggle. But the fact that the kids who should be starting to come into the side don't want to play first grade because of the way there 'captain' speaks to them. Watching an 18 year old making his first start yesterday, coming up against Matt Thompson, Carl Thornton and Ryan broadley, holding his own, and still getting berated by his captain is hard to watch. If they want to get anything out of this season there needs to be some sweeping changes made rather quickly!

Imyourhero
23-05-2016, 10:48 AM
I think Weston are really really lucky there isn't relegation. GoWeston, did you hear what/how everything is said by their captain? I think as a player you have to be willing to cop a spray and listen to others issues with your play in order to grow. What always pissed me off the most though was players who dished it out but couldn't receive it, particularly senior players. Point is, was whatever was being said justified and coming across in a constructive way?

GO AWAY
23-05-2016, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=GO AWAY;152844]Azzuri have more points this year then the whole of last season, they are going well, remember their best four players this season were all out yesterday,( Hughes, Lama and Hudson and Ross went off after 40 )so depth was tested and backed up my statement that there is more depth this year. Big three weeks coming
Came up a long way short in the first week of their Big Three weeks, getting demoralised 6-1 by Edgeworth

Fair call........ was a " F " for fail in their first real test, everyone is allowed a bad day at the office, and yesterday was Azzuris day.
Good having old heads in the team, but when you have a youthful Edgeworth, passing through midfield with ease and Brenno given twenty metres of room every time he got the ball, you can expect to be belted. plenty of young ones on the sideline who could have maybe pressured there midfield at least a little, GK had a bad day as well, will be interesting week at training id say, with Magic on the weekend, if they are a good side, this is the week they need to bounce back.
On a plus 19s and 22s scored wins and there was a cracker of a goal in the 22s.
Three grades v edgy at edgy would have been nice, but we were beaten by a much quicker, youthful Edgy on the day.

cobra23
23-05-2016, 11:39 AM
It was comical really

well i think the egg is getting thicker on my face:facepalm:

Goweston
23-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I think Weston are really really lucky there isn't relegation. GoWeston, did you hear what/how everything is said by their captain? I think as a player you have to be willing to cop a spray and listen to others issues with your play in order to grow. What always pissed me off the most though was players who dished it out but couldn't receive it, particularly senior players. Point is, was whatever was being said justified and coming across in a constructive way?

I wish constructive was a word that could be used for what is being said. But it's not. Kids these days don't respond to being sprayed like players used to. If it's not constructive it's basically useless. For it to go on all game from the captain, whose coach is the father, just isn't helping anything. And from talking to some of the younger boys basically the same thing happens all week at training. Your captain should be someone that's going to help the kids, make them want to be there and enjoy there football!

MFKS
23-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Generally isn't that Weston's go though??

They are a little cliquey as a group

Just need to look at what happened with Piggott a few years ago.

He ruffled some feathers and got moved on

Goweston
23-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Generally isn't that Weston's go though??

They are a little cliquey as a group

Just need to look at what happened with Piggott a few years ago.

He ruffled some feathers and got moved on

I think you'll find though in years gone by that those in charge were more than happy to give younger fellas a go though, and not just that but they wanted to play for them. Only have to look at the grand final team a couple of years ago that had players like Zac sneddon, Connor Evans and jye McKellar in it. Piggo being sacked was always a mistake. It stopped the youth so the older players could get another year or two in the sunshine. The mistake is just that more glaringly obvious this year since the Thornton brothers and co arnt at the back to pick up the pieces.

Jono469
23-05-2016, 04:48 PM
I was at the Weston Maitland game yesterday and you have to feel for the likes of Sneddon and Kelly. They're the only 2 Weston players that even bothered to turn up. Unfortunately for these guys the score line and results aren't reflecting their performances during games. Both BK and Sneddon are having stellar seasons, playing quality football week in, week out. Weston are lucky they didn't lose 5-0 yesterday if it wasn't for those 2. Maitland made Weston look a right joke.

anfield
23-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Keanu Moore, is he good enough for an A League squad?

The Acolyte
23-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Weston should be feeling very satisfied with their performances and position on the ladder. They speared Piggo because they felt much more comfortable with mediocrity, and have done a wonderful job of achieving that goal. No wonder the place is crumbling with the players that were prepared to work and embrace change moving to clubs interested in achieving success. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Zico
24-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Weston should be feeling very satisfied with their performances and position on the ladder. They speared Piggo because they felt much more comfortable with mediocrity, and have done a wonderful job of achieving that goal. No wonder the place is crumbling with the players that were prepared to work and embrace change moving to clubs interested in achieving success. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.
The boys club strikes again at Weston. It's a shame to see a club with such a long & successful history being run into the ground by a select few but look what has happened to other old and successful clubs like Wallsend, West Wallsend & Adamstown in the past.
It may be a case of both living in the past and allowing the arrogance of past success get in the way of the future?

hamburgler
24-05-2016, 03:57 PM
The boys club strikes again at Weston. It's a shame to see a club with such a long & successful history being run into the ground by a select few but look what has happened to other old and successful clubs like Wallsend, West Wallsend & Adamstown in the past.
It may be a case of both living in the past and allowing the arrogance of past success get in the way of the future?

They need a committee who can see the current strategy isn't working, and maybe, just maybe Piggo was on the right track at Weston.

Ker-Plunk
24-05-2016, 08:46 PM
they will just circle the wagons , grill some possums , pull out the banjos and have a swinging family hoedown .

ForeverRed
24-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Why have posts been removed

immersion
24-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Why have posts been removed

because they exceeded the fun factor for this forum. its a shame because the post in question was hilarious.

ForeverRed
25-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Valentine stated in today's herald that the Cahill oval surface is terrible, the worst it been, I can't see how this then makes Cahill oval compliant to NPL standards, maybe they should reapply for NPL in 3 to 4 years when the dream of having the CB complex compliant

MFKS
25-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Valentine stated in today's herald that the Cahill oval surface is terrible, the worst it been, I can't see how this then makes Cahill oval compliant to NPL standards, maybe they should reapply for NPL in 3 to 4 years when the dream of having the CB complex compliant

FR How the hell do they even get promoted playing on that joke of a surface and that joke of a facility when facilities are deemed part of the criteria for Promotion to NPL level??

They should either be finding somewhere better or playing New FM until they have the appropriate facilities.

Hey years ago Magic had to play out of Adamastown Oval for a few years until they got their Ground sorted.

How do Valo get away with being more or less homeless gypsies without a home ground of their own??

EH9
25-05-2016, 09:28 AM

Is the quality of the playing surface part of the criteria?

Zico
25-05-2016, 09:34 AM
FR How the hell do they even get promoted playing on that joke of a surface and that joke of a facility when facilities are deemed part of the criteria for Promotion to NPL level??

They should either be finding somewhere better or playing New FM until they have the appropriate facilities.

Hey years ago Magic had to play out of Adamastown Oval for a few years until they got their Ground sorted.

How do Valo get away with being more or less homeless gypsies without a home ground of their own??
Even further back when Magic played out of Jaffas ground, Magic had to play at a few venues to satisfy the Fed but Valo look to have a free ride. It's no surprise they can throw big money at average players when they either don't have contribute or can't be fu@ked working on their pitch.

ForeverRed
25-05-2016, 11:00 AM
I'd like to think so

winner
25-05-2016, 11:25 AM
After watching the Olympic jets game can someone tell me why Leo Bertos is playing right back for Olympic ? He did the same against magic from reports on here

GO AWAY
25-05-2016, 11:31 AM
How desperate are the players, wanting to play on that sheit every second week, glad we only have to do it once.
He says its 3-4 years before CB Complex will be up to scratch, NPL licences are three years, sounds like an easy decision for me when the NPL licences are handed out, reapply IN 2020 Valo

MFKS
25-05-2016, 11:59 AM
After watching the Olympic jets game can someone tell me why Leo Bertos is playing right back for Olympic ? He did the same against magic from reports on here
He started the season on right wing

During the Magic game Swann went off injured and he went back to RB in the reshuffle

Believe Swann is still out and one of their other defenders is on Holidays

So he most likely just plugging a hole for now

Bremsstrahlung
25-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Not sure pitch on the whole is counted, but rather facilities. So while pitch is rubbish, they have a grandstand, big dressing rooms etc etc. So one X and a lot of ticks.
Not saying I agree, I personally agree that it is a joke. It's like concrete or ice to play on. I strained my groin trying to change directions on a wet day. The pitch lets the facility down.

Premy
25-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Bloody premadonas, try playing on Nesbitt Park after a bit of rain or Cardiff No2 after a full week of baking sun. Some of you princess in NPL need a spoon of concrete.

Relax, tongue firmly in cheek.

RAM
25-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Bloody premadonas, try playing on Nesbitt Park after a bit of rain or Cardiff No2 after a full week of baking sun. Some of you princess in NPL need a spoon of concrete.

:rof:

Away days at Wee Waa (4 hours each way) with 5 foot tall tumble weeds blowing across the pitch :lulzturtle:

Games at Guyra where its snowing and minus 5 and the opposition is more concerned about throwing punches than playing football :thumbsup:

Nou Camp
25-05-2016, 02:49 PM

the bobble at Connelly would make messi look like cam Watson very quickly

The Acolyte
25-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Try Biloela, with Kangaroos hurtling across the paddock, and the ref pinching you for offside when a red one went by. And no half time 'cause there was nothing to drink because of the drought, a couple of blokes did a bit of ferreting as there were some good rabbit burrows scattered across to park. And we were barefoot and there were heaps of catheads, blah, blah, blah.

Jono469
25-05-2016, 09:05 PM

I see what you're saying, and I agree with you for the most part, however - at least Weston are at least TRYING to push some of their youth/loyal club players in this non relegation season. The same can't be said about some other clubs in the comp eg: Maitland. There are 'some' quality players at Weston that are getting the raw end of the deal. And I say some very loosely. Other players, however, have had their day in the sun and are only there because of the clubs cliquey attitude.

winner
25-05-2016, 09:22 PM
I see what you're saying, and I agree with you for the most part, however - at least Weston are at least TRYING to push some of their youth/loyal club players in this non relegation season. The same can't be said about some other clubs in the comp eg: Maitland. There are 'some' quality players at Weston that are getting the raw end of the deal. And I say some very loosely. Other players, however, have had their day in the sun and are only there because of the clubs cliquey attitude.

They have signed just as many new players as other clubs
Ben Kelly from Maitland
Nick Stevens from Southy
Greg Anderson from Olympic
Lee Ashton from Southy
Mitch Wallace from Southy
That's nearly half of the squad. The rest of the side is
Morris Turnbull Sneddon Macbeth
McDermott Ryan
Whereis all this youth being pushed through. Weston recruited, they just recruited poorly

Newy
25-05-2016, 09:43 PM
They have signed just as many new players as other clubs
Ben Kelly from Maitland
Nick Stevens from Southy
Greg Anderson from Olympic
Lee Ashton from Southy
Mitch Wallace from Southy
That's nearly half of the squad. The rest of the side is
Morris Turnbull Sneddon Macbeth
McDermott Ryan
Whereis all this youth being pushed through. Weston recruited, they just recruited poorly

Yes.
Plus Dylan Murphy and tried to recruit many more however unsuccessful.
And how can you say they look after their loyal players.. Didn't they move the reigning keeper of the year on when he had 200 games for the club for BK..

ForeverRed
25-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I can hear them now, "we are not trying or concerned because it's not a relegation year", total bullshit,

MFKS
25-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Yes.
And how can you say they look after their loyal players.. Didn't they move the reigning keeper of the year on when he had 200 games for the club for BK..
Pratt is reigning keeper of the year??

Who awards these things??

Best two keepers in the League are Ireland and Kelly

Then daylight

Would rate quite a few others above Pratt

ForeverRed
25-05-2016, 10:51 PM
The keeper with most clean sheets wins, not the best system

Jono469
25-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Yes.

Loyalty goes both ways. Pratty never turned up for training. You can't tell me that's loyalty.

Pratt is a great keeper, there's no doubt about that, I just feel that perhaps his keeper of the year title came from a combination of a great back line and his talent as opposed to his talent alone. I agree with MFKS. Ireland and Kelly are the two best keepers in the comp. Just watch the two of them under pressure. Miles above the rest.

magician
26-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Ireland is the best keeper then daylight

MFKS
26-05-2016, 08:39 AM
The keeper with most clean sheets wins, not the best system

Just another great initiative by Northern

Awards based on an irrelevant stat

Can see why they have problems running the game with this line of thinking.

Put that line of thinking to work in the HAL and Redmayne had a better season than Birraz cause he kept more sheets.

5 5 5 Epic Fail

RAM
26-05-2016, 10:36 AM

Put that line of thinking to work in the HAL and Redmayne had a better season than Birraz cause he kept more sheets.

5 5 5 Epic Fail

yep - stupid

Bremsstrahlung
26-05-2016, 11:03 AM

5 5 5 Epic Fail

What do you want to be the determining factor?
Goals conceded?
Goals conceded per minute?
Lowest against?
Most saves?

That's how they award goalkeeper awards overseas as well.
Not saying it's deterministic of the "best goalkeeper" but it's the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets.

Same as the player with the most goals gets the golden boot or "striker Of the year". Maybe they aren't the best striker but they scored the most goals.
Maybe a terminology chance to "golden glove".

Stanley
26-05-2016, 02:24 PM
I can hear them now, "we are not trying or concerned because it's not a relegation year", total bullshit,

Not a relegation year, 12 months too late for the centre of excellence at South Cardiff

ForeverRed
26-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Yes we know, where's captain obvious ffs

monz6
26-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Goals conceded?
Lowest against?
Most saves?

Not saying it's deterministic of the "best goalkeeper" but it's the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets.

Same as the player with the most goals gets the golden boot or "striker Of the year". Maybe they aren't the best striker but they scored the most goals.

Would be too hard to include common knowledge/sense in his northern rants

winner
27-05-2016, 05:59 AM
Tips
Olympic
Jaffas
Maitland
Magic
Weston

halo se7en
27-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Would be too hard to include common knowledge/sense in his northern rants

:rof: Yeah because someone at NNSW using "common knowledge" to decide best goalkeeper wouldn't cause complaints.

Every player and coach across the league should vote for best goalkeeper / best player.

monz6
27-05-2016, 02:22 PM
:rof: Yeah because someone at NNSW using "common knowledge" to decide best goalkeeper wouldn't cause complaints.

Every player and coach across the league should vote for best goalkeeper / best player.

That's not what my comment meant.

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2016, 03:10 PM

Will they also vote for golden boot?

MFKS
27-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Goals conceded?
Lowest against?
Most saves?

Best GK award should go the bloke in nets who performs at the best level.

A bloke playing for a shit team who has a blinder of a season deserves the award more than a bloke who had a good season at a club who was successful.

A keeper deserves it on performance across the season and being the dominant keeper in the comp. Not on playing for the side who is the most miserly defensively

Blueboy
28-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Jaffas-jets 1-1
Valo-Hamilton 0-4
Buds-Weston 2-1
Maitland-edgy 0-3
Charlestown-magic 1-3

Bremsstrahlung
28-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Best GK award should go the bloke in nets who performs at the best level.

A bloke playing for a shit team who has a blinder of a season deserves the award more than a bloke who had a good season at a club who was successful.

A keeper deserves it on performance across the season and being the dominant keeper in the comp. Not on playing for the side who is the most miserly defensively

That's subjective to opinion though? Like, their job is to stop goals. They conceded the least...So did their job the best (objectively). Like the keepers know thats how the award is decided...

A keeper could be really good at communicating with his defenders in a way that limits chances for the opposition. Alternatively a keeper can not communicate and defenders defend poorly, and therefore he has to make more saves, something that could be avoided if he communicated better. Ireland can't kick a goal kick...does that mean he doesn't have the attributes of other goalkeepers. Its all subjective.

The objective way to decide is to have a marker. e.g. clean sheets.

Keep the "Golden Glove" for most clean sheets.
Get coaches/players/referee to vote for a "Goalkeeper of the Year"

magician
28-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Olympic 5-0. What a disgrace that pitch is.

hawk
28-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Cahill? No team should have to share with the bouguns

winner
28-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Any reports on the game Tonester or magician. Olympic good or Valo poor ? Who scored goals ?

29-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Game was terrible to watch first half ,was slow and both teams didn't seem to want to be there on a shocking surface with Olympic up 1-0 @ half time . Second half Olympic picked up the pace and looked a lot better .Both teams found the playing surface hard to play on but Olympic seamed to adapt the better in the second half hence the 5-0 result. Goal scorers for Olympic were Moonie,Goodchild,Pat Brown,Bertos and a very fine finish from Mathew Minors who came on as a sub late in the game

29-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Edgeworth 3-1 over Maitland. Adamstown 2–1 over Weston

Tonester
29-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Heard Magic up 4-1 halftime any update?