PDA

View Full Version : 2016 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

MFKS
03-07-2016, 04:57 PM
56 mins gone

Jets 2-1
Edgy had a free kick deep in Jets half and pushed forward

After a bit of pin ball between the sides it broke to the Jets who broke with the numbers and 70 metres from goal

The forward run by Joice was found and he stayed cool and stroked home past Fogarty

MFKS
03-07-2016, 05:20 PM
77 mins gone

2-2
Aiden Gardiner for EDGY

A richochet found him unmarked 25 yards out. Smashed a rocket into the top corner on the bouncing ball

MFKS
03-07-2016, 05:25 PM
3-2 Edgy with another penalty smashed low to the corner. Keeper got a bit on it but too much power

Dumb tackle from Jets near the by line giving a way a needless pen

MFKS
03-07-2016, 05:33 PM
4-2 Moriyasu complete his hatty with a belter of a free kick from 30 yards in Injury time

Swerved a mile keeper got nothing on it

Rather bizarre finish to the game

Jets were in control and comfortable until a belter of a shot from nowhere.
Then a dumb penalty
Then a belter of a goal

Hats off to Edgy they pulled a win out when they probably didn't deserve it. Jets didn't do a hell of a lot wrong and somehow blew a 2-1 lead into a 4-2 loss on the back of 2 first class strikes and a dumb tackle

ForeverRed
03-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Maitland easy 2 nil winners today, Azzurri were competitive but didn't bothe keeper much, they looked a whole lot more mobile with Johnson, Hughes and McGuire out, Ryan Clarke was my pick for Maitland constantly threatening defence with his speed, Oakley did well also, gibbons was Azzurrie's best

big jim
03-07-2016, 06:49 PM
What do you define as a strong club exactly ? A club that pays outrageous wages perhaps .
Atown are putting tremendous effort into the youth structure at the club and a look at the youth tables will show signs of this .

The NPL table is sadly at present with perhaps the exception of Edgeworth a ladder of who has the biggest wallet but hopefully this can change in years to come or at very least balance out a little .

Your post is nonsense .

I think your post has now been proven as the nonsense side of this argument

If Adamstown were hellbent on youth development then why wasn't this young fella given a chance this weekend or do you only get one shot

Or maybe it was what it was, Buds were short for midweek catch up game, give this kid a token 10 mins and tell him how much we value him.

hamburgler
03-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Maitland - Thompson and Broadley dropped.

Sydney paper today claims Piggott won't be at Maitland next year!

Anyone confirm?

mervan
03-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Sydney paper today claims Piggott won't be at Maitland next year!

Anyone confirm?

This looks and smells like Weston re-visited

onlooker
03-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Where these two dropped or just paper talk?

prawnhead
03-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Where these two dropped or just paper talk?

Wasn't at the game but if they were dropped, it appears todays result vindicated Piggos decision.

hamburgler
03-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Wasn't at the game but if they were dropped, it appears todays result vindicated Piggos decision.

Didn't read like it was Piggo's decision

football_macigian23
03-07-2016, 10:04 PM
'Apparently' is absolutely 100% inaccurate. NCC have not provided any funding to upgrade Alder Park and have made no commitment to doing so.

Haven't NCC provided cash through grants though??

onlooker
03-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Didn't read like it was Piggo's decision
How could dropping these two not be piggo's decision?? Who picks the team if not him?

Speedymetric
03-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Didn't I see Thompson score a double on the news?

onlooker
03-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Didn't I see Thompson score a double on the news?
Blake or Matt??
Blake was rumoured to be dropped

Imyourhero
03-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Matt scored the goals

mervan
03-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Jafs heirarchy must be questioning the invest, sitting on 12pts 19 behind edgy

hamburgler
04-07-2016, 07:00 AM
How could dropping these two not be piggo's decision?? Who picks the team if not him?

Meant not his decision about next year, clearly he dropped them both. Piggo talks about dropping them in the paper.

MFKS
04-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Jafs heirarchy must be questioning the invest, sitting on 12pts 19 behind edgy

Heard some whisper the players ain't fond of Pascoe

From what I have seen of them they don't look the most united playing group around. Far from it

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Haven't NCC provided cash through grants though??

There is been some grant money that anyone can apply for (not sure if from NCC ( if so, minimal) or other grant opportunities), strong fundraising by the club and prudent financial management. Just the usual for any club wishing to upgrade their facilities.

The post just represented as a suggestion that NCC was funding the Alder Park project, which isn't accurate.Apologies if i misread.

Why Blue
04-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Heard some whisper the players ain't fond of Pascoe

From what I have seen of them they don't look the most united playing group around. Far from it

Don't think that will worry Pascoe to much

He was bought in to do a job
Jaffa's have old squads
Current 19's are older and can't play 18's next year
Current 22 are same but for 20's next year
First grade .......

Pascoe has already attracted some younger players from other clubs, before June 30, so changes are coming, of course the established players are getting nervous

Atown
04-07-2016, 01:06 PM

If Adamstown were hellbent on youth development then why wasn't this young fella given a chance this weekend or do you only get one shot

Or maybe it was what it was, Buds were short for midweek catch up game, give this kid a token 10 mins and tell him how much we value him.

You are the only one arguing my friend , I am simply holding a conversation .

Like most other NPL teams Atown are simply trying to create a good environment for young local players to hopefully progress . I am really struggling to understand your continually going over of this topic or Atowns youth in general or for that matter your detrimental words on anything Atown.

You never did answer my sole question to you around what defines a strong club , which was the only reason I replied to you in the first instance.

I have explained on a few occasions that Atown investing in youth is about what is going on in NPL youth and the club as a whole and has nothing what so ever to do with this said youngster that you seem intent on discussing.

I have never said Atown are the footprint of youth development in NPL , we are however trying to improve year on year.

cobra23
04-07-2016, 02:13 PM

seems to me you are the kid who had the shot at adamstown or related some how, if not get over over it mate. the conversation was old news.

big jim
04-07-2016, 10:13 PM
You are the only one arguing my friend , I am simply holding a conversation .

Like most other NPL teams Atown are simply trying to create a good environment for young local players to hopefully progress . I am really struggling to understand your continually going over of this topic or Atowns youth in general or for that matter your detrimental words on anything Atown.

You never did answer my sole question to you around what defines a strong club , which was the only reason I replied to you in the first instance.

I have explained on a few occasions that Atown investing in youth is about what is going on in NPL youth and the club as a whole and has nothing what so ever to do with this said youngster that you seem intent on discussing.

I have never said Atown are the footprint of youth development in NPL , we are however trying to improve year on year.

So really Adamstown are doing nothing special
That's all
That's it

Ker-Plunk
04-07-2016, 11:24 PM
big jim , just go back to the npl youth thread . please

mervan
05-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Been off the radar with this league, but noticed Weston haven't had a win all season, I'm shocked

chocolate soldier
06-07-2016, 06:56 AM
tips for players to make the NNSW select team to play the trial against the jets on july 20??

The Postman
06-07-2016, 09:52 AM
tips for players to make the NNSW select team to play the trial against the jets on july 20??

Moriyasu surely would be a shoe in.

GO AWAY
06-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Swancott
Hodges
Hammell
moriyasu
Moore
Bertos
Wheelhouse
Hay
Thompson
Clarke
Cooper

ForeverRed
06-07-2016, 10:01 AM
At least one from each team

Cunning stunts
06-07-2016, 10:10 AM
i don't believe in picking the ex A-league players for it. just a few names I would use

Ben Kelly (Weston)
cooper (Hamilton)
aiden Gardner (edgy)
Moriyasu ( edgy)
Jye (pies)
Clarke (pies)

tucker's daughter
06-07-2016, 11:22 AM
1 Ireland olympic
2 Hammel edgeworth
3 Evans edgeworth
4 Hodges olympic
5 Hay jaffas
6 Wheelhouse jaffas
7 Virgili magic
8 Cooper olympic
9 Goodchild olympic
10 Moore edgeworth
11 Moriyasu edgeworth
12 Remington jaffas
13 Clarke maitland
14 Thornton maitland
15 Paul magic
16 McBreen edgeworth
17 Kelly weston

winner
06-07-2016, 11:27 AM
At least one from each team
Rubbish idea picking a player from each team. Pick your best available and have a crack at the jets

winner
06-07-2016, 11:29 AM
i don't believe in picking the ex A-league players for it. just a few names I would use

Ben Kelly (Weston)
cooper (Hamilton)
aiden Gardner (edgy)
Moriyasu ( edgy)
Jye (pies)
Clarke (pies)

With all the drama with Ryan Clarke and nnsw there is no way Eland or Nesbitt will allow him to play in a nnsw rep team

doug
06-07-2016, 11:47 AM
I heard weston were unlucky not to get a result against magic, anyone see the game?

seldom
06-07-2016, 01:10 PM
1 Ireland olympic
2 Hammel edgeworth
3 Evans edgeworth
4 Hodges olympic
5 Hay jaffas
6 Wheelhouse jaffas
7 Virgili magic
8 Cooper olympic
9 Goodchild olympic
10 Moore edgeworth
11 Moriyasu edgeworth
12 Remington jaffas
13 Clarke maitland
14 Thornton maitland
15 Paul magic
16 McBreen edgeworth
17 Kelly weston

Would be happy to see this team

MFKS
07-07-2016, 08:58 AM
1 Ireland olympic
2 Hammel edgeworth
3 Evans edgeworth
4 Hodges olympic
5 Hay jaffas
6 Wheelhouse jaffas
7 Virgili magic
8 Cooper olympic
9 Goodchild olympic
10 Moore edgeworth
11 Moriyasu edgeworth
12 Remington jaffas
13 Clarke maitland
14 Thornton maitland
15 Paul magic
16 McBreen edgeworth
17 Kelly weston
Problem will be is there easy be half a dozen who make themselves unavailable when called on

Whether that be work comittments, minor injuries or just avoiding burnout injury as we approach business end of season

winner
07-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Problem will be is there easy be half a dozen who make themselves unavailable when called on

Whether that be work comittments, minor injuries or just avoiding burnout injury as we approach business end of season
Just looked at the Npl draw and you could be spot on MFKS. The rep game is on Wednesday July 20th.
Sunday July 17th, Edgy v Olympic
Sunday July 24th, Magic v Olympic
Can see plenty of Magic and Olympic players being unavailable. Then factor in I think Edgy travel to Cairns for ffa cup to play on Wednesday 24th. How many of the coaches own players does he pick

MFKS
07-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Just looked at the Npl draw and you could be spot on MFKS. The rep game is on Wednesday July 20th.
Sunday July 17th, Edgy v Olympic
Sunday July 24th, Magic v Olympic
Can see plenty of Magic and Olympic players being unavailable. Then factor in I think Edgy travel to Cairns for ffa cup to play on Wednesday 24th. How many of the coaches own players does he pick

I hadn't even looked at that. Just going off memory where there was always half a dozen or so who wouldn't front but then played next weekend

MFKS
08-07-2016, 03:12 PM
So 2 days of light rain

What price we get 5from 5 wash outs this weekend??

Goatscheese
08-07-2016, 06:36 PM
So 2 days of light rain

I'll pay you $1.01

sancho_theswan
08-07-2016, 08:03 PM
So 2 days of light rain

So Valo aren't at Blacksmiths this week then?

winner
08-07-2016, 11:23 PM
So 2 days of light rain

Weston will be on

Zico
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
So 2 days of light rain

Just heard Maitland have called off all 3 grades

winner
09-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Are jaffas and valo still on

zzzzzzzzzz
09-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Valo v Jaffas
First Grade Valo 3, Jaffas 2

winner
09-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Valo v Jaffas
First Grade Valo 3, Jaffas 2
So if the buds can beat charlestown tomorrow, the jaffas will sit in second last spot on the ladder. Not much value for money for Sneddo this year

mervan
09-07-2016, 10:04 PM
So if the buds can beat charlestown tomorrow, the jaffas will sit in second last spot on the ladder. Not much value for money for Sneddo this year

What's going on

Thomas477
09-07-2016, 10:16 PM
What's going on

Injuries. Williams last week, Jobe and Macpherson this week.

winner
09-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Injuries. Williams last week, Jobe and Macpherson this week.

What about the other 10 weeks

GO AWAY
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Azzurri 2 adamstown 0 Jarryd Johnson both

Swanky
10-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Weston 0-3 Olympic ht
Edgeworth 0-0 Magic ht

ForeverRed
10-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Azzurri 2 adamstown 0 Jarryd Johnson both
looks like Daniel will be shouting dinner

magician
10-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Olympic 3-1
Edgy 2-0
Big game between edgy and Olympic next week

GO AWAY
10-07-2016, 05:48 PM
3-1 ft to azzurri red card adamstown ( pawlik ) ?
3-1 Azzuri 22s
2-0 adamstown 19s

ForeverRed
10-07-2016, 05:53 PM
I watched edgy v magic on bartv, struggled to stay awake, magic were never in it even at nil all with 10 to go, pitch looked very very ordinary

GO AWAY
10-07-2016, 07:24 PM
I watched edgy v magic on bartv, struggled to stay awake, magic were never in it even at nil all with 10 to go, pitch looked very very ordinary
Wasn't at nnsw park was it ?

ForeverRed
10-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Haha, nah, I think the jets had it booked

mervan
10-07-2016, 08:48 PM

There's a lot of overpaid players running around, if I was on a club committee I couldn't stomach running the BBQ on game day just so these guys get paid.

Things need to change, i would love to see the Clubs turn off the taps

ForeverRed
10-07-2016, 08:58 PM
There was plenty today not cutting the standard, and this is after taking the pitch out of calculations, mcbreen was brilliant just doing the basics, maybe a leaf from his book should be taken or whatever that saying is

Onehunglow
10-07-2016, 09:20 PM

I watched it live, Some of Magic's "name" players were mediocre. Only Piddington and the GK looked decent, Bradbury and Petit have gone backwards. Magic's front 3/4 offered very little. Disappointed with the lack of quality in a match between two of the top sides.
The pitch wasn't great but I've seen better football on worse pitches. Edgy not great but found a way to win.

cobra23
11-07-2016, 10:12 AM
There's a lot of overpaid players running around, if I was on a club committee I couldn't stomach running the BBQ on game day just so these guys get paid.

Things need to change, i would love to see the Clubs turn off the taps

Tell me who you think these overpaid players are ??
And exactly what you think they earn HOTSHOT.

LongSufferingFan
11-07-2016, 11:38 AM

And this is a pitch that yet again gets to host NNSWF grand final fixtures.
I could name three or four better grounds than Edgeworth (both playing surface and spectator facilities) to host the NewFM grand finals from the current NewFM Clubs - Lyall Peacock, Macquarie Field or Wembley for a start.
At least you can park in or near these grounds and they all have bigger undercover seating areas.

Oh I forgot, its not about the spectators or the players its about how big and fancy your VIP box is...

ForeverRed
11-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Correct

ForeverRed
11-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Tell me who you think these overpaid players are ??
And exactly what you think they earn HOTSHOT.
Careful you don't kill the stream answering this mervan

cobra23
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Careful you don't kill the stream answering this mervan

Forever your feathers were plucked last year , go back into the newfm thread.

btw my question to mervan was logit, so name these players.

Lofty
11-07-2016, 01:19 PM
And this is a pitch that yet again gets to host NNSWF grand final fixtures.
I could name three or four better grounds than Edgeworth (both playing surface and spectator facilities) to host the NewFM grand finals from the current NewFM Clubs - Lyall Peacock, Macquarie Field or Wembley for a start.
At least you can park in or near these grounds and they all have bigger undercover seating areas.

Oh I forgot, its not about the spectators or the players its about how big and fancy your VIP box is...

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the youth grades played 4 games on Saturday, followed by 19s and 22s on Sunday. So by the time first grade played there had been 6 games played after a few days of constant rain where other grounds didn't even play.

Now I really don't even like Edgy (at all!), but I like to think I have a enough commonsense to realise that in the circumstances, the pitch could have been much worse.

ForeverRed
11-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Forever your feathers were plucked last year , go back into the newfm thread.

btw my question to mervan was logit, so name these players.

Entitled to my opinion, why you so offensive

mervan
11-07-2016, 01:32 PM
I won't name them on this site, prefer not to embarrass them on a forum

winner
11-07-2016, 02:05 PM
I won't name them on this site, prefer not to embarrass them on a forum

Come on Mervan. Name and shame. It's only your opinion after all

JCBT
11-07-2016, 02:30 PM

The same player came off the bench again for First Grade yesterday.
This young fella is a quality player with a fantastic attitude who has deserved his chance in First Grade so next time you want to take pot shots at a 15 year old player, take a deep breath and realize how much of wanker you sound.

GO AWAY
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
The same player came off the bench again for First Grade yesterday.
This young fella is a quality player with a fantastic attitude who has deserved his chance in First Grade so next time you want to take pot shots at a 15 year old player, take a deep breath and realize how much of wanker you sound.

Seen three 15yo's come on at once for the buds yesterday, Sean Mathews, haha, all jokes aside, lovely bloke, not sure how much longer the legs would last. Surprising substitution I thought, he came on at 2-0 down I think, and come on to play at the back, I reckon he could still cause some damage up front in a short stint.

mervan
11-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Come on Mervan. Name and shame. It's only your opinion after all

Why don't try and guess a few, yeah lets treat it like a guessing competition.

Jono469
11-07-2016, 08:31 PM
NNSW select side has been announced.

Benn Kelly, Ayden Brice, Jon Griffiths, Josh Evans, Luke Remington, Keanu Moore, Michael Kantarovski, Rhys Cooper, James Virgili, Daniel McBreen, Keigo Moriyasu.

Bench: Kyle Hodges, Simon Mooney, Matt Comerford, Daniel Yaxley, Ben Hay, Reece Pettit, Lachlan Pasquale, Brody Taylor, Jim Fogarty, Rene Ferguson

ForeverRed
11-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Why on earth would you pick mcbreen

prawnhead
11-07-2016, 09:26 PM

Agree.

Although a couple of years ago they picked Jobe - but from memory he opted out of the side to give the younger guys a go.

Maybe Daniel will do the same.

GO AWAY
12-07-2016, 07:41 AM
20 players .... 8 from edgy ? Hhhhmmmmm who's the coach ? Zany ? Haha
Winning comp yes, but deserved of half the team almost for nnsw ? Please ....... In saying that , where's bren hamell ?

immersion
12-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Winning comp yes, but deserved of half the team almost for nnsw ? Please ....... In saying that , where's bren hamell ?

he hasn't played for edgy in a few weeks i think. Might be injured.

cobra23
12-07-2016, 10:46 AM

Benn Kelly, Ayden Brice, Jon Griffiths, Josh Evans, Luke Remington, Keanu Moore, Michael Kantarovski, Rhys Cooper, James Virgili, Daniel McBreen, Keigo Moriyasu.

Bench: Kyle Hodges, Simon Mooney, Matt Comerford, Daniel Yaxley, Ben Hay, Reece Pettit, Lachlan Pasquale, Brody Taylor, Jim Fogarty, Rene Ferguson

i dislike olypmic but i give credit where its due - DANNY IRELAND ????
My first pick above everyone... has not even got a sniff.

cobra23
12-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Seen three 15yo's come on at once for the buds yesterday, Sean Mathews, haha, all jokes aside, lovely bloke, not sure how much longer the legs would last. Surprising substitution I thought, he came on at 2-0 down I think, and come on to play at the back, I reckon he could still cause some damage up front in a short stint.

I have always seen sean as a def mid

judge
12-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Shane Paul has been Magic's best all year.

spamg172
12-07-2016, 11:04 AM
i dislike olypmic but i give credit where its due - DANNY IRELAND ????
My first pick above everyone... has not even got a sniff.

Made himself unavailable.

EH9
12-07-2016, 11:55 AM

Do we know the selection criteria he was given to choose the squad from? Is this simply a list of players that have made themselves available?

cobra23
12-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Do we know the selection criteria he was given to choose the squad from? Is this simply a list of players that have made themselves available?

all political crap as usual.
mainly young up and comers with the addition of mcbreen.

I can say shane paul is the player of the year in my eyes at magic followed by james virgili,
and there is probably other teams with so called 25 and older players that from what i have watched should be named aswell

Zico
12-07-2016, 03:58 PM
If he didn't select his own players you would be saying he was just worried about protecting his premiership run.
Bloke can't win sometimes as he has in a way put his season on the line by selecting what he feels as his best squad and in being true to the concept, put his players at risk of injury

De-Champ
12-07-2016, 10:09 PM
If he didn't select his own players you would be saying he was just worried about protecting his premiership run.
Bloke can't win sometimes as he has in a way put his season on the line by selecting what he feels as his best squad and in being true to the concept, put his players at risk of injury

If that is the case maybe he should not be the coach. Don't get confused. Just because Edgeworth are leading the comp and won it all last year, does not mean there are no good players elsewhere. Players should be selected on form, if that means 8 players form Edgy so be it, if it mean only one player from edgy that is fine as well. i'm not so sure that everyone has been given an even chance.

Tonester
13-07-2016, 07:38 AM

If you were going to pick an ex HAL player in the select squad surely Bertos has been performing better on a regular basis than McBreen.

salmon
13-07-2016, 08:34 AM
If that is the case maybe he should not be the coach. Don't get confused. Just because Edgeworth are leading the comp and won it all last year, does not mean there are no good players elsewhere. Players should be selected on form, if that means 8 players form Edgy so be it, if it mean only one player from edgy that is fine as well. i'm not so sure that everyone has been given an even chance.

Do you genuinely believe that the 21 players named are the only guys that were approached or looked at? The article in the Herald even states that Goodchild and Wheelhouse were considered but ruled out with injury. I'm sure they aren't the only two that were considered and I'm also sure that conversations would have occurred with all coaches and that certain players wouldn't have been released or possibly turned down the opportunity themselves.

As for the makeup of the team, of the Edgeworth players selected McBreen would be the only one that you could argue isn't in their best form. I'd also suppose that a relatively younger side has been chosen as guys like Virgili, Moore, Remington, Cooper etc. will have the engines to compete with the pace set by the Jets. Just a thought...

pv4
13-07-2016, 09:01 AM
If I coached a club side that won last year and were winning again this year, and was asked to pick the NNSW side, I'd sure as hell pick the guys I know could and have done a job for me.

MFKS
13-07-2016, 09:47 AM
If I coached a club side that won last year and were winning again this year, and was asked to pick the NNSW side, I'd sure as hell pick the guys I know could and have done a job for me.

If I was coach I would not pick my players at all. Throw a token 1 or 2 in and pick a few key players from rival team. Specifically the one you are playing at the weekend and give them the full 90

De-Champ
13-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Do you genuinely believe that the 21 players named are the only guys that were approached or looked at? The article in the Herald even states that Goodchild and Wheelhouse were considered but ruled out with injury. I'm sure they aren't the only two that were considered and I'm also sure that conversations would have occurred with all coaches and that certain players wouldn't have been released or possibly turned down the opportunity themselves.

As for the makeup of the team, of the Edgeworth players selected McBreen would be the only one that you could argue isn't in their best form. I'd also suppose that a relatively younger side has been chosen as guys like Virgili, Moore, Remington, Cooper etc. will have the engines to compete with the pace set by the Jets. Just a thought...

Gee wiz looked at Wheelhouse and Goodchild. wow. Did they look at any players outside Newcastle ie from Pt Macq. Coffs etc afterall they are representing NNSW. But I suppose there is no one up there good enough.

De-Champ
13-07-2016, 10:24 AM

If the objective is to find a player that could play in the A League would you not pick say the Japanese guy and maybe Evans and keane (however you spell his name) from Edgy plus the best "younger" guys form anywhere else.

salmon
13-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Gee wiz looked at Wheelhouse and Goodchild. wow. Did they look at any players outside Newcastle ie from Pt Macq. Coffs etc afterall they are representing NNSW. But I suppose there is no one up there good enough.

You're absolutely right... not like there is any logistical issues in getting players from Port Mac, Coffs, Inverell at all :facepalm:

The Postman
13-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Surprise no one mentioned already

Piggot left Maitland last night.

De-Champ
13-07-2016, 01:31 PM
You're absolutely right... not like there is any logistical issues in getting players from Port Mac, Coffs, Inverell at all :facepalm:

So you are admitting that there are players good enough....distance is your issue.

namwob99
13-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Who cares who's in the side! The real question is how far out will Moriyasu score from?

Stanley
13-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Surprise no one mentioned already

Piggot left Maitland last night.

Plenty of quality coaches out there, just non with B Licence accreditation, surely NNSW Football can be lenient on Maitland for a couple of weeks. Maybe they should promote their Technical Director to the role. PS Forever this blokes gone down hill since he left you

Beppe
13-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Plenty of quality coaches out there, just non with B Licence accreditation, surely NNSW Football can be lenient on Maitland for a couple of weeks. Maybe they should promote their Technical Director to the role. PS Forever this blokes gone down hill since he left you

who are these quality coaches you speak of? (generally curious, not being smart)

with the requirement of a B licence and the limited group of people who have them, are we destined for the same 15 or so coaches club hopping.

Is there any young up and comers in lower grades / leagues that have potential and clubs should be on the look out for in the future?

ForeverRed
13-07-2016, 05:42 PM
just goes to show the grass isn't always greener on the other side, he had a good thing going at the gunners but he chose to move on, still a top bloke though.

Jono469
13-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Piggot left Maitland or was asked to leave? Rumours of an unhappy camp might be ringing true?

winner
13-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Piggot left Maitland or was asked to leave? Rumours of an unhappy camp might be ringing true?

Doesn't take too much to work this one out. 2 weeks ago Piggott dropped club stalwarts and favourites Ryan Broadley and Blake Thompson ( brother of major sponsor Reece Thompson ). The conversation probably went something like " steve , we want you to select Ryan and Blake in your starting Xl this week.
Reply from steve , **** off , I'll pick my own side or I am gone.
Reply from Maitland ( Reece ) , 🙋 goodbye

MFKS
13-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Rather ironic.

Goes to Weston drags them up the table to the top part

Gets the arse

Goes to Maitland drags them up the table

Gets the arse

Obviously two clubs who are less interested in results but more interested in stroking the egos from within the club

mervan
13-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Rather ironic.

Gets the arse

Gets the arse

Obviously two clubs who are less interested in results but more interested in stroking the egos from within the club

Wasn't Piggo quoted in the herald two weeks ago, " I won't be at Maitland next year", maybe they just decided to finish early

Maybe at the cookers next year

Jono469
13-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Rather ironic.

Gets the arse

Gets the arse

I'm not disagreeing that that's the way it happened but rumour out of the Maitland camp is that he wasn't the only official to get the axe/walk away from Maitland last night. I think this could possibly go deeper than Thompson and Broadley getting dropped.

Newy
13-07-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm not disagreeing that that's the way it happened but rumour out of the Maitland camp is that he wasn't the only official to get the axe/walk away from Maitland last night. I think this could possibly go deeper than Thompson and Broadley getting dropped.

Think you will find more issues to do with youth then seniors

The Acolyte
13-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Seems like another case of mediocrity being an easier option than the work required to be successful. Got to feel sorry for the Thornton boys obviously they went there knowing what Piggo could achieve but it seems he struck the same problems at Maitland that he had at Weston, too much old furniture. It's got to be a hard gig going to a newly promoted club and having to move on some of the old guard that got them there. It takes a incredibly strong committee to embrace the changes required.

hamburgler
13-07-2016, 09:11 PM

I'll take the bait, who else walked away or was pushed?

onlooker
13-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks dropping Thompson was probably over due anyway??

hamburgler
13-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks dropping Thompson was probably over due anyway??

You are not. I have seen Maitland twice this year and Thompson was poor both times. Just my opinion, but looked very slow.

onlooker
13-07-2016, 09:47 PM
You are not. I have seen Maitland twice this year and Thompson was poor both times. Just my opinion, but looked very slow.
Also gives the ball away a lot trying to play out the back.

Looks as tho the TD has been given the job at least for the rest of the year.

hamburgler
13-07-2016, 10:03 PM

I didn't see much playing out from the back the games I saw. Mostly hitting long diagonal balls is what I saw from him, often resulting in turnovers.

ranger
14-07-2016, 09:17 AM

Is this the youth technical director? maitlands results as a club have been below standard surely the td wouldn't be given the coaching job. pretty sure the youth td was on personal holidays for the business end of the season. or is it a case of he's only one with the qualifications?

GO AWAY
14-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Have heard piggo strongly linked to the stags with the thorntons ( who I think have Awaba links ) and a former youth jet also from Toronto.

Piggo all about bringing Toronto juniors back to the club if he takes/gets the job

GO AWAY
14-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Azzurri old boys day
Sunday August 13
Lisle Carr
v Hamilton Olympic
www.charlestowncityblues.com

onlooker
14-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Is this the youth technical director? maitlands results as a club have been below standard surely the td wouldn't be given the coaching job. pretty sure the youth td was on personal holidays for the business end of the season. or is it a case of he's only one with the qualifications?
I was lead to a face book page of a Rodney Haggarty where he is getting some congrats on the Maitland first grade gig. Was told he was the TD at Maitland.

ForeverRed
14-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Reece Thompson had nothing to do with piggo's departure, apparently it's all to do with ex players having way to much to say whilst not lifting a finger in the running of the club, typical

Jono469
14-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Reece Thompson had nothing to do with piggo's departure, apparently it's all to do with ex players having way to much to say whilst not lifting a finger in the running of the club, typical

What makes you say that? Which ex players do you speak of? I'd love to hear what you're hearing because I'm hearing a completely different story on my end.

Ker-Plunk
14-07-2016, 01:50 PM
magpies is like the waltons crossed with days of our lives . comment in the herald ' they are like the parra eels of the npl ' .

ForeverRed
14-07-2016, 01:53 PM
What makes you say that? Which ex players do you speak of? I'd love to hear what you're hearing because I'm hearing a completely different story on my end.
I'm just clearing Reece's name, his copped a bit which isn't true

Jono469
14-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm just clearing Reece's name, his copped a bit which isn't true

I agree with you on Reece. As far as I've heard he's been one of the only ones trying to keep the club together. I was just wondering what you'd heard because you're obviously hearing a different version of events to me and I'm assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Stanley
14-07-2016, 02:09 PM
who are these quality coaches you speak of? (generally curious, not being smart)

with the requirement of a B licence and the limited group of people who have them, are we destined for the same 15 or so coaches club hopping.

Is there any young up and comers in lower grades / leagues that have potential and clubs should be on the look out for in the future?

Coaches names that come to mind, Mark Willson, Neil Owens, David Tanchevski, Damien Smith, Chris Turner, Glen Chapman, Chris Miner, plus a host of others currently coaching in lesser competitions due to the B-Licence accreditation requirements to coach NPL

MFKS
15-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Back to football there is a huge game this weekend which should more or less decide the Minnor Premiership

So who's everyone's tip

Olympic or Edgy???

lquiquer
15-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Back to football there is a huge game this weekend which should more or less decide the Minnor Premiership

So who's everyone's tip

Olympic or Edgy???

Where, when and what time?

Bremsstrahlung
15-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Where's Brett Fawkes coaching these days?
Know he stepped Away to Concentrate on cycling, but he was one of the best I've played under. Good ideas, coaching, really good with youth. Not sure that translates to senior coaching but he would be one of my picks. Greg Smith also not bad. Piggo polarises people, but he is very clear with what he wants.

magician
15-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Where, when and what time?
230 on Sunday at darling St

lquiquer
15-07-2016, 03:52 PM
230 on Sunday at darling St

cheers :thumbsup:

cobra23
15-07-2016, 03:58 PM

So who's everyone's tip

Olympic or Edgy???

Edgy by 2

Dontknowmuch
15-07-2016, 04:07 PM

Reece is very influencial at Maitland. (And rightly so as he puts his money where his mouth is as well as his time and efforts.)

Blake Thompson (his brother) gets dropped and the coach is sacked before their next game, even though they win. Its tough to believe Reece had nothing to do with it especially when you take into account he and Piggo have butt heads on a few occasions this year.

magician
15-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Olympic 2-1

salmon
16-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Reece is very influencial at Maitland. (And rightly so as he puts his money where his mouth is as well as his time and efforts.)

Blake Thompson (his brother) gets dropped and the coach is sacked before their next game, even though they win. Its tough to believe Reece had nothing to do with it especially when you take into account he and Piggo have butt heads on a few occasions this year.

Maitland and Piggo parting ways wasn't because Blake Thompson was dropped. Reece has never given Blake preferential treatment and if anything is harsher on him and expects more from him than from others.

ForeverRed
16-07-2016, 12:07 PM
not sure why zane is complaining in todays herald, jets can field any team they want in the fixture against nnsw select, I honestly understand millers remarks about not having room for a local player, its not a god given right that a local gets direct passage through to jets, it needs to be earn't, the local npl isn't that strong and I don't believe there is any one good enough, Virgilli came from the A league and is by far the best player in the comp, debatable, yes, but he didn't set the A league on fire, maybe next off season they can go and train with jets and get a better picture but I firmly believe miller was just being honest

MFKS
16-07-2016, 12:33 PM
I do have a problem with his remarks

By saying he is treating it as a training run is the wrong thing.

To completely publically rule out any NPL player is the wrong thing

I understand that this game is just a pre season kick about but Millertime is watering down what he can get from the game for his team as far as a good hit out goes.

Add in the fact he will hook everyone at HT and put the Yoof team on.

If the Jets are gonna treat the game as a joke why bother playing it??

lquiquer
16-07-2016, 01:30 PM
What do you blokes who follow think of that Japsnese fellow ?.... Aleague material?

ForeverRed
16-07-2016, 03:26 PM
No, far from it, let's see him ply his trade in Sydney NPL

magician
16-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Great to see the jets taking this comp seriously. Absolute joke

GO AWAY
16-07-2016, 04:49 PM
I look at it the other way, when I mentioned there was 8/20 edgeworth players selected, YOUS were sticking up for zany, now he firmly States in today's paper that its a waste of Scott miller isn't looking at npl players in this trial, says to me , he has selected 8 of his own so they get their chance to show miller what they can do but it has backfired, niw threatening to pull players out ....

GO AWAY
16-07-2016, 04:51 PM
On a side note, have heard the super youth team are down 5-1 before Ht ?

EH9
16-07-2016, 04:53 PM

10-2 at full time I heard. Now that is a f^%king disgrace.

The Dunster
16-07-2016, 04:53 PM
It's a nothing game and a complete waste of time. NNSW should tell the jets to piss off.

Blueboy
16-07-2016, 04:54 PM

Make that 10-2 full time.

EH9
16-07-2016, 04:58 PM
It's a nothing game and a complete waste of time. NNSW should tell the jets to piss off.

I can see a lot of NPL coaches strongly encouraging their charges to pull the pin this week.

baldrick
16-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Make that 10-2 full time.

Magic could (should) have scored a couple more too

GO AWAY
16-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Magic could (should) have scored a couple more too
How many did ( not good enough for the jets Virgili ) score against our supposedly up and coming jets ?

baldrick
16-07-2016, 06:41 PM
How many did ( not good enough for the jets Virgili ) score against our supposedly up and coming jets ?

Three..

winner
16-07-2016, 07:31 PM
What a disgrace for any npl side to have double figures scored on them, let alone the jets. They treat our comp like it's their own playground. Their coach rubbished our comp and the players in it, then they get belted by Magic. I am sorry but call off this farce of a midweek match, let Edgy, Magic and Olympic concentrate on fighting it out for the minor premiership . Let Miller have an inter club trial against his up and comers and then if they can't treat the npl comp with any respect, pack up and f##k off

ForeverRed
16-07-2016, 08:03 PM
All week we've heard about how 8 youth players have been training with the first team, any money none of them played even though the jets assured nnsw earlier in the year that no layers will be missing when the first team start pre season, what a joke, disrespectful, **** off and don't come back

mervan
16-07-2016, 08:45 PM
All week we've heard about how 8 youth players have been training with the first team, any money none of them played even though the jets assured nnsw earlier in the year that no layers will be missing when the first team start pre season, what a joke, disrespectful, **** off and don't come back

Yes, there ripping off community clubs by taking a place in the competition.

The Dunster
16-07-2016, 08:52 PM

The Jets have about as much respect for the NPL as they do their own fans. Nil.

monz6
17-07-2016, 02:23 AM
not sure why zane is complaining in todays herald, jets can field any team they want in the fixture against nnsw select, I honestly understand millers remarks about not having room for a local player, its not a god given right that a local gets direct passage through to jets, it needs to be earn't, the local npl isn't that strong and I don't believe there is any one good enough, Virgilli came from the A league and is by far the best player in the comp, debatable, yes, but he didn't set the A league on fire, maybe next off season they can go and train with jets and get a better picture but I firmly believe miller was just being honest

What is your reasoning for suggesting that the select team should have one player from each team in it? What's the point of that if there's no one good enough. Not a God given right a player should be given direct passage into the select team.

monz6
17-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Haynsey back to his best!

ForeverRed
17-07-2016, 09:18 AM
What is your reasoning for suggesting that the select team should have one player from each team in it? What's the point of that if there's no one good enough. Not a God given right a player should be given direct passage into the select team.
That was a nnswf directive,

onlooker
17-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Maitland V A'Town
19's 1-5
22's 1-3
First currently 1-0 Ryan Clarke

Brock Oakley playing with a suspected broken nose from a ball to the face early.

onlooker
17-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Maitland V A'Town
19's 1-5
22's 1-3
First currently 1-0 Ryan Clarke

Brock Oakley playing with a suspected broken nose from a ball to the face early.
1-1 Alex Read Pen
1-2 HT ( #10)

MFKS
17-07-2016, 04:21 PM
HT Olympic 1-0

Swann a few mins before HT

Arsey goal off a richochet clearance found the net

Olympic shading it slightly in what has been an average game so far

0-0 19s
4-1 22s to Olympic

onlooker
17-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Maitland Adamstown
2-2 Matt Thompson Pen
Owen Littlewood sent for saying something to the ref

3-2 Ryan Clarke

onlooker
17-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Maitland Adamstown
2-2 Matt Thompson Pen
Owen Littlewood sent for saying something to the ref

3-2 Ryan Clarke

4-2 Liam Thornton

Ft: 4-2

MFKS
17-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Ft
Olympic 3-1

Bertos blazed a pen over with about 15 to go at 1-0

Goodchild bustled his way to a second with 10 to go despite their being a couple of fouls he got away with in the lead up

Edgy pulled it back to 2-1 and set up a nervous finish

Goodchild sealed it in injury time running 50 metres as Edgy got caught out at the back with limited troops

GO AWAY
17-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Goalfest at Azzuri
19s 1-0 Azzuri
22s 0-0
1st 0-0

Tonester
18-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Here are some observations of yesterday's game at Olympic. Edgy's Japanese import has more chance earning a living making sushi at Kotara shopping centre than in the A League,he was nowhere to be seen yesterday. Mcbreen did okay but ran out of puff,must've been all the ballwork he did with his young fella during the 20s game. The only thing quicker than Goodchild on his way to goal number 3 were the Edgy supporters piling out of the ground around full time. Before anyone has a pop at me for heaven sake take a chill pill!

NUGUNS
18-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Does anyone else see a problem with this goal? How did the ref not see the obvious push in the back?

https://youtu.be/6gnSnGWRNNc?t=33s

Tonester
18-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Does anyone else see a problem with this goal? How did the ref not see the obvious push in the back?

Pretty blatant I think glad the result didn't hinge on that.

onlooker
18-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Saw this live and thought the same thing but no one around me said they saw it. The ref was a fair distance away but the assistant should have seen it was close enough to the play to make a call.

Atown
18-07-2016, 08:22 PM

That goal and game in general would well sum up Atowns season.

Terrible ref decision of which Atown have had more than a fair share and then self destruct button again and a sending off when in control of a game.

And yes, I am aware and understanding that others will have suffered bad ref decisions as well.

Refs have not been great this year in many games I have watched and games not just involving Atown .

I guess Bar TV now highlighting this even more .

MFKS
18-07-2016, 08:36 PM
That goal and game in general would well sum up Atowns season.

Terrible ref decision of which Atown have had more than a fair share and then self destruct button again and a sending off when in control of a game.

And yes, I am aware and understanding that others will have suffered bad ref decisions as well.

Refs have not been great this year in many games I have watched and games not just involving Atown .

I guess Bar TV now highlighting this even more .

The standard of reffing is shite.

Take Olympic

Goodchild does the exact same thing every game. Plays a very physical game pushing and shoving and using his body.

The bloke gets away with half a dozen little fouls a half.

Yet you have the referees pulling up his teammates and opposition for the most trivial bits of contact in the game.

It just so frustrating to see free kicks given for the same things Goodchild should be getting pinged for and doesn't

magician
18-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Take Olympic

Goodchild does the exact same thing every game. Plays a very physical game pushing and shoving and using his body.

Yet you have the referees pulling up his teammates and opposition for the most trivial bits of contact in the game.

It just so frustrating to see free kicks given for the same things Goodchild should be getting pinged for and doesn't
You sir have no idea. Constantly talk dribble.

hawk
18-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Pretty blatant I think glad the result didn't hinge on that.

That is atrocious. AA refs would have pulled that

Newy
18-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Hearing lots of players killing out of northern team...
Why would they play when Miller comes out and says he will be using youth guys etc..

Tonester
18-07-2016, 09:47 PM

Take Olympic

Not trying to influence any officials who might follow this thread before this weekend's match between Magic & Olympic would you.

mervan
18-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Not trying to influence any officials who might follow this thread before this weekend's match between Magic & Olympic would you.

FFS give the refs a break, they are reffing a comp that's worth bugger all, the only winners are the guys on 500 a game.

winner
18-07-2016, 10:38 PM

Take Olympic

Goodchild must be in front of Bradbury in the golden boot race

winner
18-07-2016, 10:39 PM
FFS give the refs a break, they are reffing a comp that's worth bugger all, the only winners are the guys on 500 a game.
He is not having a go at the refs mervan. He was responding to criticism from MFKS

winner
18-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Hearing lots of players killing out of northern team...
Why would they play when Miller comes out and says he will be using youth guys etc..

4 players have withdrawn
John Griffiths, Kyle Hodges , Daniel McBreen and Reece Pettitt

MFKS
18-07-2016, 11:08 PM
You sir have no idea. Constantly talk dribble.

So you think the refs are good when they constantly pull up play for minor contact between players and then let a player commit 6 fouls a half of the same nature??

GO AWAY
19-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Player from azzurri u22 got a yellow card in the first five minutes on Sunday for kicking the ball three foot back to where the free kick was given, player now misses a week for fifth yellow, the referee stopped game every five minutes to chat to players including a near three minute chat to captains before the toss ....

Tonester
19-07-2016, 08:19 AM

I'm with you,I thought the officials had a good game at Olympic on Sunday. Must admit that it can be an unpleasant atmosphere sometimes for them,especially the poor linesman with the crowds breath on the back of his neck baying for blood.

RAM
19-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Maitland's first goal was the clearest foul I've seen in a while.

Huge push into the defender's back to push him into the keeper and allow a tap in.

RAM
19-07-2016, 10:53 AM

Take Olympic

I couldn't see any fouls by him on the BarTV footage of the goals, don't know what you're talking about. He just does what any good target man does - uses his body and muscles up. Not every player is built like a jockey and plays like Kale.

winner
19-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I couldn't see any fouls by him on the BarTV footage of the goals, don't know what you're talking about. He just does what any good target man does - uses his body and muscles up. Not every player is built like a jockey and plays like Kale.

Lols, are you implying that Kale doesn't muscle up

Local Rules
19-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Not as bad as the NewFM game with Kahibah and Thornton. Ref blows whistle for a penalty, Kahibah player following through kicks ball into back of the net, ref calls goal. His reasoning was apparently he didn't think people stopped playing after he blew his whistle for the penalty.

Tonester
19-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Lols, are you implying that Kale doesn't muscle up

Always looks like he's running scared to me.

RAM
19-07-2016, 03:24 PM

:rof:

Bremsstrahlung
19-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Man, the referees association is going to be inundated with people willing to give refereeing a crack.
I'll be sure to let you guys know when the registrations are open.

Tonester
19-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Man, the referees association is going to be inundated with people willing to give refereeing a crack.

Number 1 criteria should be the thickness of your skin followed by the extent of your deafness!

Bremsstrahlung
19-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Great, the forum is certainly not short of thick heads.

Local Rules
19-07-2016, 05:51 PM

No need to. I have been refereeing for a number of years and am still active. What I have witnessed this year across both NPL and NewFM is a decline in the standard of referee that is appointed and glaring mistakes that should be corrected but are not. These are not little things but mistakes of Law, but as they do, they still get the games the next week and get told you should have done it better. I can and have made errors when refereeing and will admit as much but it is the arrogance of these higher level referees in these competitions when others observe the mistakes that is astonishing.

Stryker
19-07-2016, 09:03 PM
No need to. I have been refereeing for a number of years and am still active. What I have witnessed this year across both NPL and NewFM is a decline in the standard of referee that is appointed and glaring mistakes that should be corrected but are not. These are not little things but mistakes of Law, but as they do, they still get the games the next week and get told you should have done it better. I can and have made errors when refereeing and will admit as much but it is the arrogance of these higher level referees in these competitions when others observe the mistakes that is astonishing.

Mmm does someone have sour grapes? Have you reffed at newfm/NPL level?

Blueboy
19-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Mmm does someone have sour grapes? Have you reffed at newfm/NPL level?

He is spot on. The refereeing is terrible, and they get rewarded by refing the same grade next week.
Do they even look at the bar tv replays?
Players get dropped for playing shit, so should the referees

Bremsstrahlung
19-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Would be nice if there was a bigger pool to draw from.
Where are you getting these "better referees" from?
It's a job nobody wants to do, and those that do do it are treated like shit. If a ref goes up to carter or piddo and calls them a f ing c bomb. Chances are they are getting some punishment. Yet it's ok for players to do this?

It's a two way street. It's easy to demand better referees. Think of the reasons why they are so bad tbough.
And I'd love to hear your thoughts on a solution?

Stryker
20-07-2016, 12:05 AM
He is spot on. The refereeing is terrible, and they get rewarded by refing the same grade next week.
Do they even look at the bar tv replays?
Players get dropped for playing shit, so should the referees

Nnswf doesn't check bartv...even when a player has done a naughty thing...

So if your dropping a ref for a bad performance, who are you appointing the following week? A young inexperienced ref who is not up to the standard required who will get chewed up and spat out. Then what do you do? You seem to think their is an endless supply of referees? Are you putting your hand up blueboy? Bet not, no balls...

Refs make mistakes, doesn't mean they should be crucified. Name a player that's never made a mistake in their career?

ForeverRed
20-07-2016, 07:10 AM
I'm more worried about he standard of play then the refereing, it's been terrible apart from a couple of games, some players would struggle in Zone premier league

MFKS
20-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Would be nice if there was a bigger pool to draw from.
Where are you getting these "better referees" from?
It's a job nobody wants to do, and those that do do it are treated like shit. If a ref goes up to carter or piddo and calls them a f ing c bomb. Chances are they are getting some punishment. Yet it's ok for players to do this?

It's a two way street. It's easy to demand better referees. Think of the reasons why they are so bad tbough.
And I'd love to hear your thoughts on a solution?

Where exactly is it OK for the players to abuse the ref??

Refs make a rod for their own back by allowing dissent in the first place from the players.

Maybe they should actually apply the rules correctly instead of moaning about it

magician
20-07-2016, 07:42 AM
I'm more worried about he standard of play then the refereing, it's been terrible apart from a couple of games, some players would struggle in Zone premier league

Yeah and making it a 12 team comp will do wonders for the standard as well

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Where exactly is it OK for the players to abuse the ref??

Refs make a rod for their own back by allowing dissent in the first place from the players.

Maybe they should actually apply the rules correctly instead of moaning about it

Sure, reply to one comment and ignore the rest. Whatever works.
I'd love to hear the reactions of players and spectators and coaches and tin hat enthusiasts if players were sent off for telling the ref to "eff off" after making a call.
Wouldn't have any players left to play.
Now, tell me how you'd improve the referees member? This is probably like the 4th time I've asked you this question...

MFKS
20-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Sure, reply to one comment and ignore the rest. Whatever works.
I'd love to hear the reactions of players and spectators and coaches and tin hat enthusiasts if players were sent off for telling the ref to "eff off" after making a call.
Wouldn't have any players left to play.
Now, tell me how you'd improve the referees member? This is probably like the 4th time I've asked you this question...

****s can moan all they like about players getting sent for telling the ref to **** off.
Problem is they are the rules.

Always have been there. It is down to the referees to enforce them

Ideas to improve the standard of referees
Firstly enforce the rules as they are.
Secondly hammer the shit out of dissent from the players and officials of the clubs
Thirdly mandatory eye tests for the officials and their guide dogs
Fourthly learn the ****ing rules of the game
Fifthly remove the bullshit about feel for the game and fear of making decisions. The refs job is to enforce the rules impartialily not to dictate an 11v 11 contest

GO AWAY
20-07-2016, 09:15 AM
What's the chances this " trial " game tonight will be called off ?

Swanky
20-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Number 1 ground in Newcastle, surely a little rain should not be enough to call it off. Maybe they can close the roof

judge
20-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Nothing game with nobody interested in it why not call it off.
Number 1 ground in Newcastle, surely a little rain should not be enough to call it off. Maybe they can close the roof

GO AWAY
20-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Nnsw will reimburse magic for lost beer/canteen sales surely 😊, seems they're out of FFA cup and don't make any money from being knocked out ..... Oh hangon ☺️

judge
20-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Tools on here who hide behind a keyboard are the only one's scared, 5 years in the NPL golden boot 2 of those, what's to be scared off.

MFKS
20-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Could always play it at that state of the art facility at Speers Point.

Ohh hang on. No viewing areas

lquiquer
20-07-2016, 10:30 AM

What's the weather like in Coffs?

GO AWAY
20-07-2016, 10:34 AM
What's the weather like in Coffs?

Not raining at lyall peacock

Swanky
20-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Jets Twitter account says game is off tonight

Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC 7m7 minutes ago
ALERT: Unfortunately tonight's #NEWvNPL friendly has been postponed due to bad weather ยป http://bit.ly/29TFxqe

ForeverRed
20-07-2016, 11:38 AM
I suppose the under 12s are training at speers point, can't halt their progress, how hard would it be to transfer the match to the all weather state of the art facility

winner
20-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I suppose the under 12s are training at speers point, can't halt their progress, how hard would it be to transfer the match to the all weather state of the art facility

Are the lights up to standard ?
Where is All of the under cover seating ?
Is there a players race ?
Where would everyone park ?

cobra23
20-07-2016, 11:59 AM

This dog piss of rain was a blessing in disguise for northern. Players kept pulling out,the jets dont want to play it,etc . the game is nothing so what is the point of the chance of injurying players to play a second string youth team that we play each week anyway.

GO AWAY
20-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Are the lights up to standard ?
Where is All of the under cover seating ?
Is there a players race ?
Where would everyone park ?

Lyall Peacock
Are the lights up to standard ( yes ) not on foxtel
Under cover seating ( Yes )
Players race ( please )
Parking ( Shitloads more then Magic Park )

The Acolyte
20-07-2016, 03:27 PM
What does it matter, no one was going anyway. Why don't they just organise a game of Kelly Pool, they'll all get as much out of it and the Jets might even get a win.

monz6
20-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Interesting.

Goatscheese
20-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Where's the development? It's coming towards the end of the season and the same referees are still making the same mistakes and the quality hasn't been improving. Players get better (well usually) throughout the year because they get coaching, practice and game time. What are the referee associations and Northern doing to develop their current pool? Sitting on their ass and saying you can't say anything to the ref is just a band-aid solution when they really should be looking at developing the people they do have.

I'm not blaming the referees for their incompetence, I'm blaming the people in charge that should be improving them but aren't doing a very good job at it.

Thomas477
20-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Where's the development? It's coming towards the end of the season and the same referees are still making the same mistakes and the quality hasn't been improving. Players get better (well usually) throughout the year because they get coaching, practice and game time. What are the referee associations and Northern doing to develop their current pool? Sitting on their ass and saying you can't say anything to the ref is just a band-aid solution when they really should be looking at developing the people they do have.

I'm not blaming the referees for their incompetence, I'm blaming the people in charge that should be improving them but aren't doing a very good job at it.

Actually, you're wrong. The state league refs have bimonthly meetings which feature a coaching session, plus monthly dedicated coaching sessions for different levels of refs, plus training twice a week. So hardly sitting on their arse.

In terms of decisions, how many people know the difference between careless, reckless or excessive force, or the criteria used to distinguish DOGSO from BUPA? If people don't properly know the rules, the decisions by the refs will appear wrong.

MFKS
20-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Actually, you're wrong. The state league refs have bimonthly meetings which feature a coaching session, plus monthly dedicated coaching sessions for different levels of refs, plus training twice a week. So hardly sitting on their arse.

In terms of decisions, how many people know the difference between careless, reckless or excessive force, or the criteria used to distinguish DOGSO from BUPA? If people don't properly know the rules, the decisions by the refs will appear wrong.

When I go sit at a game and see a player dive in with force with his studs up and get the opposition player I don't need to know the rules verbatim to see the incompetence from the refs when one will book one will red card and the other gives a free kick

This isn't exactly a rare event either as you see dozens of studs up aggressive tackles go in punished each season

It not a case of fans perception being incorrect it is just mind blowing inconsistency and incompetence from the officials failing to apply the rules and punishment correctly

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2016, 10:44 PM
http://areferee.com/soccer.php

Why Blue
20-07-2016, 11:31 PM
There are good young ref's coming thru the systems

Biggest problem I see is these young ones also play play the game. These are the ones you want to develop but they need to train 2-3 tines a week with thier club and then play on the weekend.
Referees want two training sessions and a day out of the weekend to ref

So usually a choice has to be made and playing wins

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2016, 11:40 PM
There are good young ref's coming thru the systems

Biggest problem I see is these young ones also play play the game. These are the ones you want to develop but they need to train 2-3 tines a week with thier club and then play on the weekend.
Referees want two training sessions and a day out of the weekend to ref

So usually a choice has to be made and playing wins

Good point.
Playing is far more rewarding and fun than refereeing for a young person.
Even quite a few All Age referees are quite good, and manage the game really well, enjoy refereeing park sokkah and just have no desire to go to the next level. Which nobody can blame them for.

So unfortunately, that leaves a small pool of referees willing to referee NPL, and even less actually capable of doing so. Last few rounds normally see a few referees going for their upgrades, so new referees to this level, so it'll be interesting to see the comments made when these new inexperienced faces replace their "same week in, mistake laden" experienced referees.

GO AWAY
21-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Can anyone else see the comparisons here ... first pre season hit out

Newcastle Jets v NPL Select at Broadmeadow
Melbourne Victory v Juventus at Etihad

Just doesn't seem same playing field haha

RAM
21-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Can anyone else see the comparisons here ... first pre season hit out

Newcastle Jets v NPL Select at Broadmeadow
Melbourne Victory v Juventus at Etihad

Just doesn't seem same playing field haha

Yeah but Juve B is about on par with NPL :brrr:

The Acolyte
21-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Hey RAM , you should have read that through before you posted it, I think it should have read Juve B Under 16's

MFKS
21-07-2016, 09:02 PM
So how much better are Nice than the Matilda's??

mervan
21-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Watched some Victorian NPL at the weekend, it's no better than our NPL

Goatscheese
21-07-2016, 09:31 PM

And I'm also right because they are quite obviously not doing a very good job at improving them and these meetings/sessions aren't very effective.

magician
21-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Watched some Victorian NPL at the weekend, it's no better than our NPL
Who did you watch??

MFKS
21-07-2016, 09:57 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/07/20/red-cards-referee-abuse-introduced-premier-league

Now it rather bizarre that the EPL think these methods will work to reduce remove dissent.

Shame they should just have been dealing with it in the past so it wasn't a problem.

Maybe the precious types reffing in NNSW can also enforce similar standards??

Stryker
21-07-2016, 10:42 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/07/20/red-cards-referee-abuse-introduced-premier-league

Now it rather bizarre that the EPL think these methods will work to reduce remove dissent.

Shame they should just have been dealing with it in the past so it wasn't a problem.

Maybe the precious types reffing in NNSW can also enforce similar standards??

Pretty sure they do, but they get shot down pretty quick for being too precious and not having a thick enough skin.

Will be interesting how long the EPL refs stick to their guns and to what extent they deal with dissent

The Postman
22-07-2016, 12:53 AM
After seeing the back of a couple team sheets this year I think we should be more worried about players being sent off for "decent" and "descent".

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Had enough of hearing about refs tbh.

How about this for a theory regarding the NPL V Jets game........... scrap it, especially as a midweek fixture, just plain stupidity.
I reckon, after the season is finished there should be a game between Newcastle NPL and Sydney NPL
Both federations select via the same rules.
Top five teams at season end, get two selected in the side, bottom five teams get one selected in the side. To stop a coach picking his whole club team to put them on show against an A-League club.
Game played weekend after the Grand Final at a NEUTRAL VENUE, Lyall Peacock, Macquarie Field alternating with Sydney.
Have a Under 22 select as well, play before it but players must play 50% of the season as a starting 20s/22s player
Would give us a better gauge of where we are at instead of a nothing trial game v the jets. Let them trial against A-League or International competition.
Carve away boys ...haha

hamburgler
22-07-2016, 10:52 AM

How about this for a theory regarding the NPL V Jets game........... scrap it, especially as a midweek fixture, just plain stupidity.
I reckon, after the season is finished there should be a game between Newcastle NPL and Sydney NPL
Top five teams at season end, get two selected in the side, bottom five teams get one selected in the side. To stop a coach picking his whole club team to put them on show against an A-League club.
Game played weekend after the Grand Final at a NEUTRAL VENUE, Lyall Peacock, Macquarie Field alternating with Sydney.
Have a Under 22 select as well, play before it but players must play 50% of the season as a starting 20s/22s player
Would give us a better gauge of where we are at instead of a nothing trial game v the jets. Let them trial against A-League or International competition.
Carve away boys ...haha

No carving from me GA, I like it, makes a lot of sense!

onlooker
22-07-2016, 10:55 AM

Carve away boys ...haha

Makes a lot of sense and is a great idea.

Why Blue
22-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Yep a much better idea, would gauge were our comp is at

And next year we could with same age groups ie 1st grade 20's and 18's

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Now we just need NNSW and NSW Football to put heads together and get it organised, id much rather watch this on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon at Lyall Peacock or Macquarie Field in September then go watch them play Jets mid week in the middle of our comp.
True Newcastle V Sydney rivalry....

monz6
22-07-2016, 01:39 PM

Carve away boys ...haha

Love this idea heaps. I don't think it will give us an idea of where we are at though... You'll never get both sides at full strength (players being unavailable) and Sydney could have a shocker and we could be on fire and win 6-0 but it wouldn't be a fair reflection of you get what I mean would take at least 5 games to truly see where we are at compared to them. Would love to see it happen but. Create a bit of rivalry. Give the players extra incentive throughout the season

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Purely Hypothetical but based on ladder at the moment -
Danny Ireland ( Olympic )
Ben Hay ( Lambton )
Daniel Yaxley ( Adamstown )
Todd Mcsorley ( Azzuri )
Reece Petit ( Valentine )
Kiego Moriyasu ( Edgeworth )
Matt Comerford ( Maitland )
Rhys Cooper ( Olympic )
Matt Thompson ( Maitland )
James Virgili ( Magic )
Kale Bradbury ( Magic )

Rene Ferguson ( Azzuri )
Cody Carroll ( Jets )
Bren Hammell ( Edgeworth )
Ben Kelly ( Weston )

Stryker
22-07-2016, 02:31 PM
The pool of players down in Sydney are much wider and deeper than up here. A nnsw select side would have trouble against a nsw 2nd div/npl2 select side.

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 02:32 PM
The pool of players down in Sydney are much wider and deeper than up here. A nnsw select side would have trouble against a nsw 2nd div/npl2 select side.

Lets find out

winner
22-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Ben Hay ( Lambton )
Todd Mcsorley ( Azzuri )
Rhys Cooper ( Olympic )
James Virgili ( Magic )
Kale Bradbury ( Magic )

Rene Ferguson ( Azzuri )
Cody Carroll ( Jets )
Ben Kelly ( Weston )

Why does everyone persist with this nonsense of needing to pick a player from each club. If we are talking about picking a REPRESENTATIVE TEAM to REPRESENT our competition, surely we pick the best available 16 or 17 players. Do you think Football NSW will pick a player from each club ?

1 Ireland Olympic
2 Bertos Olympic
3 Hodges Olympic
4 Evans Edgeworth
5 Hay Lambton
6 Wheelhouse Lambton
7 Virgili Magic
8 Kantarovski Magic
9 McBreen Edgeworth
10 Cooper Olympic
11 Remington Lambton
12 Thornton Maitland
13 Moriyasu Edgeworth
14 Goodchild Olympic
15 Moore Edgeworth
16 Read Adamstown
17 Kelly Weston

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Because they would read the rules, like my first post, if not they may as well pick Sydney United 58 v Hamilton Olympic. This way gives all players the chance to represent, not just the ones who all flock to the same club to win a trophy. You represent NNSW, not Olympic, Edgy, Lambton and Magic.

winner
22-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Because they would read the rules, like my first post, if not they may as well pick Sydney United 58 v Hamilton Olympic. This way gives all players the chance to represent, not just the ones who all flock to the same club to win a trophy. You represent NNSW, not Olympic, Edgy, Lambton and Magic.

Not ridiculing you GO AWAY. Why do we talk about rules or guidelines for picking a rep team . It shouldn't matter what club they play for,if they are in the best 16 they get picked. If Weston or Valo or whoever don't have a player in that top 16 then they don't deserve to be in the team. Players will always flock to the stronger clubs. It has been that way for generations. Back in the 80s it was Buds and Weston. 90s was Azzurri and Edgy. 00s Magic , Edgy and Lakes and so it will continue. A player shouldn't miss out on selection because he plays at a strong club.

GO AWAY
22-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Not ridiculing you GO AWAY. Why do we talk about rules or guidelines for picking a rep team . It shouldn't matter what club they play for,if they are in the best 16 they get picked. If Weston or Valo or whoever don't have a player in that top 16 then they don't deserve to be in the team. Players will always flock to the stronger clubs. It has been that way for generations. Back in the 80s it was Buds and Weston. 90s was Azzurri and Edgy. 00s Magic , Edgy and Lakes and so it will continue. A player shouldn't miss out on selection because he plays at a strong club.

Understand, but they also shouldn't miss out on selection if they are at a weaker club. Yaxley been great at A/Town this year, why shouldn't he deserve a gig as an example

Nou Camp
22-07-2016, 03:49 PM
federations have discussed this before however no ones wants to pay for it
Sydney NPL players get $1500 a game
local NPL players $500 a game
the players wont play for free (most of the top players anyways)

Why Blue
22-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Understand, but they also shouldn't miss out on selection if they are at a weaker club. Yaxley been great at A/Town this year, why shouldn't he deserve a gig as an example

Mate Yaxley got picked so shows that you can be picked from a poorer performing club if good enough

But reality is representative teams are usually made up of higher numbers from better performing clubs
And so they should be

Look at number if sharks in nsw origin this year

Besides you had way too many CCB players .......Ferguson .........really???

MFKS
22-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Ben Hay ( Lambton )
Todd Mcsorley ( Azzuri )
Rhys Cooper ( Olympic )
James Virgili ( Magic )
Kale Bradbury ( Magic )

Rene Ferguson ( Azzuri )
Cody Carroll ( Jets )
Ben Kelly ( Weston )

Don't know why anyone thinks that side would struggle and be more suited to NPL2 side.

There are 4 blokes there who have 5 years in the HAL

Sure their best days may be behind them but for a 1 off match they be fine

NewyTy
22-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Jack McLaughlan closed due to being deemed unplayable for tomorrow. Amazing. Hasn't rained for two days

MFKS
22-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Jack McLaughlan closed due to being deemed unplayable for tomorrow. Amazing. Hasn't rained for two days
What's amazing is Wednesday's rain wasn't even what one would call heavy.

It was just light crap all day

****ing embarrassing really

NewyTy
22-07-2016, 08:22 PM

Wednesday did get heavy at times. I was in at Newy TAFE so not sure out Edgy way. Either way, this is supposedly the 2nd choice premier facility behind Magic and it's off whilst I'll be heading to watch four games get played on a poorer quality surface at Westy tomorrow.

To be fair, I believe in perhaps looking at scheduling and giving FFA Cup teams who have to travel interstate the weekend off before hand to organise travel and what not. Games get flipped and changed in England to accommodate cup games all the time. Could be worth a look.

As for this though, no excuse. Wonder if they'll close the ground for the New-FM grand final again and lose it to Weston two days before it happens. Would be ironic if it rained whenever the re-scheduled game happens to be on. Say if it's in two weeks and gets washed out, then they'll be looking at having to play it potentially right before finals.

Goatscheese
22-07-2016, 08:26 PM

They had 30mm out there still unreal at least give it another night and check in the morning.

Stryker
22-07-2016, 08:48 PM
What a laugh. How can they deem it unplayable? Maybe nnswf needs to check the ground to ensure integrity in the competition. I agree that teams should be given flexibility around FFA cup clashes. However there is 4 days before their cup match and how about their opp for tomorrow who will now have to play 3 matches in 8 days unnecessarily. Millsy prob had the sprinklers on overnight...

ForeverRed
23-07-2016, 08:55 AM
This is disgraceful, nnswf need to show some balls and play at another venue, the competition is ordinary at its best, this just goes to show whose actually running the comp

Bremsstrahlung
23-07-2016, 09:12 AM
If they are worried about their FFA cuo game, apply to NNSWF to play the game on Friday. Calling it off is ridiculous. As others have said, supposedly second best facility, but can't handle that rain. Nice windy sunny day to dry it out as well.

Swanky
23-07-2016, 09:20 AM
If the federation want to put extra work for club volunteers with this NPL system they have up and running they should govern it professionally. They get paid to run the comp if any NPL ground is to be called off the, a NNSW official, the 1st grade referee or inspector and club should all be on hand to make the call @8am when the volunteers turn up to get the ground setup
Then there can be no complaints by anyone

Why Blue
23-07-2016, 10:28 AM
This is disgraceful, nnswf need to show some balls and play at another venue, the competition is ordinary at its best, this just goes to show whose actually running the comp

Hard to keep you happy !!!!
Two weeks ago you were on here bagging the same ground for its poor condition after 1/2 the rain ???

In that two weeks a couple of hard working volenteers have worked thier bums off for free to try and get the ground back in some sort of condition
These volunteers are normally the ones you defend.