Jets
Adamstown
Valentine
Maitland
Weston
Azzuri

The Baby Piglet
03-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Front Runners: Olympic look to have recruited quite well, and i think are probably slight fav's at this point. Even though edgy have lost a few players, i think after doing the double last year they will be right there. However i think edgy need to manage a few key players and ensure they keep them of the pitch all year.

Darkhorse: Maitland have probably recruited best out of any NPL team, and with arguably the best coach in the NPL. Don't be surprised to see them right in there fighting it out at the business end of the season.

Wooden spoon: Unfortunately for Valentine i can't really see them winning to many games. The step up in class i think well be too much, as they haven't recruited enough quality.

winner
03-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Front Runners: Olympic look to have recruited quite well, and i think are probably slight fav's at this point. Even though edgy have lost a few players, i think after doing the double last year they will be right there. However i think edgy need to manage a few key players and ensure they keep them of the pitch all year.

Darkhorse: Maitland have probably recruited best out of any NPL team, and with arguably the best coach in the NPL. Don't be surprised to see them right in there fighting it out at the business end of the season.

Wooden spoon: Unfortunately for Valentine i can't really see them winning to many games. The step up in class i think well be too much, as they haven't recruited enough quality.

Big call that Maitland have recruited best out of any NPL team . Unless they have a few signings i haven't heard about?
I would think either Magic or Olympic but just my opinion.
MAGIC - Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul ,James Virgili and will have Alex Kanta back
OLYMPIC- Leo Bertos, Daniel Bird, Joel Witherdin and Tom Spencer

ForeverRed
03-01-2016, 01:04 PM
I'd hate to be a promising youth player in those two clubs, always recruiting never promoting

Wire Blew
03-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Plenty tipping Magic? Do they have a new coach?

hamburgler
03-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I'd hate to be a promising youth player in those two clubs, always recruiting never promoting

That's why a lot of 19s and 22s leave, may take a season or two, but sooner or later the realisation that new players, not youth players is what these two clubs want.

hamburgler
03-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Plenty tipping Magic? Do they have a new coach?

Not yet, but will surely be the case if they don't win it this year

Goatscheese
03-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Was speaking to a guy who was in Magic's 19's this year asked him if he thought he would play 1st grade for them. He laughed and said he wouldn't because he isn't Maco and he is currently with the club".

Why Blue
03-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Agree 100% with you on this

winner
03-01-2016, 03:14 PM
That's why a lot of 19s and 22s leave, may take a season or two, but sooner or later the realisation that new players, not youth players is what these two clubs want.
Seriously, if clubs want to be successful and stay successful they need to bring 2-3 players into their playing group every year to freshen things up and that's what these clubs do and do well. To say none of their players come through the ranks to 1st grade is wrong. These 2 clubs retain a core group of 1st grade players and build around. Magic have Higgins, Piddo, Virgili, Griffiths, Haynes, Pettit,l who have all been there for 5 years or more. Throw in Bradbury, Hoole and Kanta who all came through the juniors. So that's 9 of their starting 11 virtually.
Olympic have Swan ,Swan, Hodges, Bailey, Brown, Koina with 5 years plus and Campbell, Davies and Cooper who came through juniors so that's 9 out of their starting 11 in last years Gf.
Maybe the standard to play 1st grade at These Clubs is higher then it is at Southy and other clubs which is why not as many juniors make the step up to 1st grade

winner
03-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Was speaking to a guy who was in Magic's 19's this year asked him if he thought he would play 1st grade for them. He laughed and said he wouldn't because he isn't Maco and he is currently with the club".
This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard in my life. Go ahead Goatscheese and name me all the Maco's playing 1st at Broadmeadow or Greeks playing 1st grade at Hamilton. You don't need to be Maco or Greek to play 1st grade there. You just need to be good enough. Just because little Johnny played juniors with a club doesn't mean he is entitled to or is ever going to play 1st grade there

Goatscheese
03-01-2016, 08:43 PM
This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard in my life. Go ahead Goatscheese and name me all the Maco's playing 1st at Broadmeadow or Greeks playing 1st grade at Hamilton. You don't need to be Maco or Greek to play 1st grade there. You just need to be good enough. Just because little Johnny played juniors with a club doesn't mean he is entitled to or is ever going to play 1st grade there

Perhaps you should ask the Magic player I spoke to he is the one that believes it and he isn't the only one to have expressed similar sentiments before. I noticed you left out the second half of his statement though.

And while you might not need to be Maco to play at Magic it certainly helps if little Јован is.

GO AWAY
04-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Magic
Olympic
Jaffaz
Maitland
Adamstown
Egeworth
Azzuri
Jets
Weston
Valentine

Azzuri 22s to go ok, 19s to win the comp. ;)

GO AWAY
04-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Seriously, if clubs want to be successful and stay successful they need to bring 2-3 players into their playing group every year to freshen things up and that's what these clubs do and do well. To say none of their players come through the ranks to 1st grade is wrong. These 2 clubs retain a core group of 1st grade players and build around. Magic have Higgins, Piddo, Virgili, Griffiths, Haynes, Pettit,l who have all been there for 5 years or more. Throw in Bradbury, Hoole and Kanta who all came through the juniors. So that's 9 of their starting 11 virtually.
Olympic have Swan ,Swan, Hodges, Bailey, Brown, Koina with 5 years plus and Campbell, Davies and Cooper who came through juniors so that's 9 out of their starting 11 in last years Gf.
Maybe the standard to play 1st grade at These Clubs is higher then it is at Southy and other clubs which is why not as many juniors make the step up to 1st grade

If the players that have been at them clubs for five years or more played for another club, that would make that club strong as well...... point is players flock to one club to win championships and $$$ , if all them players played in a orange shirt, light blue shirt or a black and white striped shirt would that club be just as successful.

GO AWAY
05-01-2016, 08:42 AM
Looking forward to what Azzuri can do this year, with Josh Maguire back there, smithy, tully, hughes, sulini, ross, bitz all experience, plus some good central coast boys, frame looks ok, bradshaw will go ok when fit, some good 22s finally putting pressure on the first graders , Shane Pryce seems to be a very good coach, where i think they will play with a new system this year.

Add in, the boss, who i think has done a great job, taking abit of a step back with Young dinardo now president and more then ten blokes on the committee for a change, i truly believe they will be back in their glory days in the near future. May help getting some players back there, if that was the reason players werent knocking on the door like the old days.

Good vibe up there at the moment .........

MFKS
05-01-2016, 09:07 AM
If the players that have been at them clubs for five years or more played for another club, that would make that club strong as well...... point is players flock to one club to win championships and $$$ , if all them players played in a orange shirt, light blue shirt or a black and white striped shirt would that club be just as successful.

Until the $$$ run out yes

seldom
05-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to what Azzuri can do this year, with Josh Maguire back there, smithy, tully, hughes, sulini, ross, bitz all experience, plus some good central coast boys, frame looks ok, bradshaw will go ok when fit, some good 22s finally putting pressure on the first graders , Shane Pryce seems to be a very good coach, where i think they will play with a new system this year.

Add in, the boss, who i think has done a great job, taking abit of a step back with Young dinardo now president and more then ten blokes on the committee for a change, i truly believe they will be back in their glory days in the near future. May help getting some players back there, if that was the reason players werent knocking on the door like the old days.

Think Ross has gone

Premy
05-01-2016, 12:26 PM

Cheap entry for player supporter groups? You'll make it back on the bar :lulz:

hamburgler
05-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Big call that Maitland have recruited best out of any NPL team . Unless they have a few signings i haven't heard about?
I would think either Magic or Olympic but just my opinion.
MAGIC - Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul ,James Virgili and will have Alex Kanta back
OLYMPIC- Leo Bertos, Daniel Bird, Joel Witherdin and Tom Spencer

Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?

Atown
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Jets
Olympic
Magic
Edgy
Atown
Jaffas
Maitland
Weston
Azzuri
Valo

winner
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=hamburgler;141500]Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?[/QUOTE

Who plays left back out of Liam Thornton and Nic Russell

hamburgler
05-01-2016, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=hamburgler;141500]Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?[/QUOTE

I think Liam Thornton plays left back

Zico
05-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Brock Oakley

Zico
05-01-2016, 10:02 PM
I've been hearing plenty about Azzuri and Olympic having strong 22's. Magic will be up there in the 22's also but nothing from the other clubs or the 19's comp, any thoughts who have the strongest lower grades?

winner
05-01-2016, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=winner;141515]
Brock Oakley

Go back 2 years ago when piggo took Weston to 2nd place and the gf and in his backline he had Brock Oakley right back , Carl Thornton centre half , Liam Thornton left back. I think you can see Maitland's backline taking shape

Bremsstrahlung
05-01-2016, 10:56 PM
I'm Interested in valentine's youth teams and how they shape up. Valo were very very competitive in the younger ages over the years and it could be a good indication of the impact that relegation has on clubs and their youth players/development.

Zico
06-01-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm Interested in valentine's youth teams and how they shape up. Valo were very very competitive in the younger ages over the years and it could be a good indication of the impact that relegation has on clubs and their youth players/development.
It will be an interesting season ahead to judge how clubs will go with the new (ridiculous) reshape of 18's and 20's next season.

MFKS
06-01-2016, 07:45 PM
It will be an interesting season ahead to judge how clubs will go with the new (ridiculous) reshape of 18's and 20's next season.

What exactly is ridiculous about the reshape??

We have had 18s before

The 20s is a first from memory

Reality is the FFA are pushing this through across the country as the way ahead. You can moan all you like about it but it is being done to further the game in this country not to look after 25 year old players who aren't good enough for first grade in the NPL

Zico
06-01-2016, 08:53 PM
What exactly is ridiculous about the reshape??

We have had 18s before

The 20s is a first from memory

Reality is the FFA are pushing this through across the country as the way ahead. You can moan all you like about it but it is being done to further the game in this country not to look after 25 year old players who ain't good enough for first grade in the NPL

Just agree to disagree

winner
06-01-2016, 11:13 PM
When do NPL clubs start pre season training

De-Champ
07-01-2016, 10:52 AM

What is wrong with it.. If you are not good enough to play 1st grade from the 20's then go play in another grade. It supposed to be an elite (albeit Hunter area) comp is it not???

immersion
07-01-2016, 11:14 AM
What is wrong with it.. If you are not good enough to play 1st grade from the 20's then go play in another grade. It supposed to be an elite (albeit Hunter area) comp is it not???

I feel like winner is being harshly treated there lol.

winner
07-01-2016, 12:02 PM
I feel like winner is being harshly treated there lol.
You're not wrong Immersion. I only asked when pre season training started. Sorry for asking a question De Champ

De-Champ
07-01-2016, 08:08 PM
You're not wrong Immersion. I only asked when pre season training started. Sorry for asking a question De Champ

my apologies, I must have been pissed and pressed the wrong quote to reply to. Should have been Zico's re his reply to MFKS. I must be pissed....agreeing with MFKS...

Apollo Creed
08-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Edgy
Olympic
Magic
Jaffas
Maitland
Jets
Buds
Weston
CCB
Valo

GO AWAY
08-01-2016, 01:58 PM

Azzuri started November, then just started back again tuesday just gone after the xmas break

Goweston
08-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Weston
Magic
Edgy
Olympic
Jaffas
Jets
Buds
CCB
Valo
Maitland

Apollo Creed
08-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Weston
Magic
Edgy
Olympic
Jaffas
Jets
Buds
CCB
Valo
Maitland

fancy that!
Weston 1st & Maitland last
outstanding!

seldom
09-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Maitland to sneek into the top 4. Jets and Azzuri to struggle.

Buds
11-01-2016, 02:48 PM
magic
olympic
edgy
BUDS
maitland
jaffas
weston
jets
azzurri
valo

magician
11-01-2016, 07:24 PM
magic
olympic
edgy
BUDS
maitland
jaffas
weston
jets
azzurri
valo

Who have the buds recruited and lost?

Apollo Creed
11-01-2016, 07:56 PM
magic
olympic
edgy
BUDS
maitland
jaffas
weston
jets
azzurri
valo

de javu Magic
season 2015 team to beat?
2016- how, who and why?

winner
11-01-2016, 09:05 PM
de javu Magic
season 2015 team to beat?
2016- how, who and why?

Have lost or let go older players in Chris Berlin and Rhys Tippet and have added Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul, Michael Kantarovski and will get Alex Kantarovski back from a knee reco. Definitely the team to beat and if rumours are right they could also be about to sign James Virgili. Definitely the team to beat

Atown
11-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Have lost or let go older players in Chris Berlin and Rhys Tippet and have added Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul, Michael Kantarovski and will get Alex Kantarovski back from a knee reco. Definitely the team to beat and if rumours are right they could also be about to sign James Virgili. Definitely the team to beat

Agreed I think magic will run close - still tipping Jets though .

Tonester
11-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Any news on trial games for the clubs yet,all I've heard is CCB playing Terrigal from Central Coast Premier League on 31st January. What else is happening?

magician
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Any news on trial games for the clubs yet,all I've heard is CCB playing Terrigal from Central Coast Premier League on 31st January. What else is happening?
Olympic vs Bankstown on the 30th of Jan

Buds
12-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Who have the buds recruited and lost?

have recruited hakan canli, chris berlin , daniel johnson , alex reed and matt darr so far, and have virtually kept same squad.
apparently in talks with a couple of more and one of them is from the uk..

Ker-Plunk
12-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Pps ???? Omg ffs

winner
12-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Pps ???? Omg ffs

Haven't you figured out that adamstown have a different set of rules yet Ker-Plunk. Look at last year and the Guy Bates scandal. Cue chum in the water

GO AWAY
12-01-2016, 10:45 AM
have recruited hakan canli, chris berlin , daniel johnson , alex reed and matt darr so far, and have virtually kept same squad.
apparently in talks with a couple of more and one of them is from the uk..

Why would any young 17-20yo want to go and play in lower grades with clubs like Adamstown, Lambton, Magic or Olympic ??

Or do they wait for players to make a name at other clubs playing some first grade and THEN offer them the world ??

Atown
12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Why would any young 17-20yo want to go and play in lower grades with clubs like Adamstown, Lambton, Magic or Olympic ??

Or do they wait for players to make a name at other clubs playing some first grade and THEN offer them the world ??

Hi Go AWAY , Can I kindly ask what you base this comment on with regard Atown ?

Atown had an under 17s player make the bench for 1st grade , had I believe about 4 or 5 players under the age of 19 start 1st grade games (with two playing all of the season in 1st grade) and had multiple under 22s sit on the bench and start games during the course of the season.

I would harness the view that Atown afford youth a fair amount of opportunities in 1st grade.

But please don't let a good witch hunt get in the way of FACTS now !

GO AWAY
12-01-2016, 01:23 PM

Atown had an under 17s player make the bench for 1st grade , had I believe about 4 or 5 players under the age of 19 start 1st grade games (with two playing all of the season in 1st grade) and had multiple under 22s sit on the bench and start games during the course of the season.

I would harness the view that Atown afford youth a fair amount of opportunities in 1st grade.

Unless canli, johnson, reed, berlin and darr are coming to play reggies, im sure theyll get priority over these 19yo's that made the first grade team last year ???

Apollo Creed
12-01-2016, 03:06 PM

that 17's player is he still at Buds?

prawnhead
12-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Don't for a moment think that CCB didn't try to sign up to 4-6 senior first grade players from other clubs for 2016 because they did.

The only difference between CCB and the other clubs you mention is that CCB were not able to entice them over - I know for a fact they tried very hard to sign senior players from other clubs.

The only reason CCB have gone with mostly last years squad and some untried 17-20 year olds is because they couldn't attract senior players from other clubs (for whatever reason).

MFKS
12-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Don't for a moment think that CCB didn't try to sign up to 4-6 senior first grade players from other clubs for 2016 because they did.

The only difference between CCB and the other clubs you mention is that CCB were not able to entice them over - I know for a fact they tried very hard to sign senior players from other clubs.

The only reason CCB have gone with mostly last years squad and some untried 17-20 year olds is because they couldn't attract senior players from other clubs (for whatever reason).

Same as any league in the world. The weaker clubs can bid all they like for the better players but the better players will always go to the stronger clubs

No different when some off contract HAL player is hit up by the Jets Perth City Smurfs Wankers etc.

The Jets can offer more money but he will sign for one of the other clubs and the Jets will be left with the dregs

prawnhead
12-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Same as any league in the world. The weaker clubs can bid all they like for the better players but the better players will always go to the stronger clubs

No different when some off contract HAL player is hit up by the Jets Perth City Smurfs Wankers etc.

The Jets can offer more money but he will sign for one of the other clubs and the Jets will be left with the dregs

Exactly.

Goatscheese
12-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Look at last year and the Guy Bates scandal.

No club should be penalised because of the incompetence of Northern.

Apollo Creed
12-01-2016, 08:22 PM
No club should be penalised because of the incompetence of Northern.

Agree Northern to blame.
Bates stumbled into Adamstown N1,accidentally
tell the punters, that Rosebuds H/C and committee didn't know about Bates, especially whilst scoring goals, and winning games for them?

Atown
12-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Agree Northern to blame.
Bates stumbled into Adamstown N1,accidentally
tell the punters, that Rosebuds H/C and committee didn't know about Bates, especially whilst scoring goals, and winning games for them?

Sure there are lessons that can be learned for all parties on this topic including Atown.

That said as volunteers you would tend to rely on the paid administrators of Northern NSW to keep things right from time to time and I am fairly certain Atown were cleared of any wrong doing .

FYI , Atown won 1 game NPL with Bates in the team and 7 without I believe .

But hey don't let a good witch hunt get in the way of the facts .

Given your last few posts one could be forgiven for thinking you may have a few underlying issues with Atown .

hawk
12-01-2016, 11:25 PM
over it, next

winner
13-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Most clubs would be back into pre season training by now. How is everyone's club looking and are there any new faces at training ?

Bon
13-01-2016, 11:14 AM
over it, next

Run out of popcorn, hawk??

hawk
13-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Run out of popcorn, hawk??

Just prefer these knowledgeable gentlemen to keep the good info coming out.

GO AWAY
14-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Most clubs would be back into pre season training by now. How is everyone's club looking and are there any new faces at training ?

Can only comment on Azzuri, all first graders there tuesday night barring two, one still overseas playing, the other to resume tonight.

Was great seeing some young blokes giving it to the older heads in a game situation tuesday night, bit more pressure on the first graders this year can only be good, lack of depth there problem last year, dont think will be the same this year, well hope not anyway

Game v Port Kembla FEB 6
Return leg FEB 13

All i know so far as trials

winner
14-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Just read online James Virgili has signed with magic. Great news for the league and for magic. Terrible news for Scott Pettit

Drunken ranger
15-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Just read online James Virgili has signed with magic. Great news for the league and for magic. Terrible news for Scott Pettit
Watch him go out the door

The Magician
15-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Magic Trials.... Maso Cup>> Vs Rockdale City Suns, Vs Queanbeyan City FC, Vs Sunshine Lions. Then in Feb; Bulli, Wollongong United, Valentine & Weston.

cobra23
18-01-2016, 09:51 AM

Why is it terrible news for pettit. there are 2 wide players in a team is there not..

cobra23
18-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Unless canli, johnson, reed, berlin and darr are coming to play reggies, im sure theyll get priority over these 19yo's that made the first grade team last year ???

Funny thing i read thet your so called team were chasing all but one of these adamstown signings. sour grapes on the menu.

winner
18-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Why is it terrible news for pettit. there are 2 wide players in a team is there not..
Yes there are cobra. James Virgili and Dino Faj will play those roles at magic and pettit won't hang around to sit on the bench like Berlin and Tippett did

cobra23
18-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Yes there are cobra. James Virgili and Dino Faj will play those roles at magic and pettit won't hang around to sit on the bench like Berlin and Tippett did

true that

The Postman
18-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Weston may have replaced the Thorntons with one of the largest names to ever play in the NPL.

Tonester
19-01-2016, 03:12 AM
Weston may have replaced the Thorntons with one of the largest names to ever play in the NPL.
How many letters does it have?

Beast
19-01-2016, 07:15 AM
2 words. First word starts with K three letters. Second word starts with J seven letters.

ForeverRed
19-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Waste of money

winner
19-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Waste of money
Agreed ForeverRed. Jaliens at 38 and Mcbreen at 39 are too old for this league and even though they have both had great careers i think they will struggle with the pace of the npl. Technically they will be better than most in the npl still, but from what i have watched the nnsw npl is all about pace and fitness. It will be interesting to watch these to. I think Mcbreen will do a lot better than Jaliens

RAM
19-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Agreed ForeverRed. Jaliens at 38 and Mcbreen at 39 are too old for this league and even though they have both had great careers i think they will struggle with the pace of the npl. Technically they will be better than most in the npl still, but from what i have watched the nnsw npl is all about pace and fitness. It will be interesting to watch these to. I think Mcbreen will do a lot better than Jaliens

That Scot for Adamstown looked unfit and slow and he did well. CB is more about reading the game than pace, so I think Kew will do well. Likewise McBreen, if he's playing as a genuine 9 he doesn't need lightning pace and will be too smart for many defences imo. Like that fat striker for the Jaffas that consistently performs...

BP Super Dynamos
19-01-2016, 04:58 PM
I hope the signings of guys like Mcbreen and Jaliens, are as much about coaching/mentoring as performances on the park. Surely these pair have as much, if not more to offer young players than many coaches in the comp

De-Champ
19-01-2016, 08:00 PM
I hope the signings of guys like Mcbreen and Jaliens, are as much about coaching/mentoring as performances on the park. Surely these pair have as much, if not more to offer young players than many coaches in the comp

Nice to see you have a high opinion of coaches.

winner
19-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Were these 2 signed as players or coaches

BP Super Dynamos
19-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Nice to see you have a high opinion of coaches.
I don't think any coach can lay claim to playing internationally, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't doubt the talent of current NPL coaches, I just see guys like Jaliens and McBreen being able to offer something else to compliment the coaching already provided

onlooker
20-01-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't think any coach can lay claim to playing internationally, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't doubt the talent of current NPL coaches, I just see guys like Jaliens and McBreen being able to offer something else to compliment the coaching already provided
I agree the coaches with these players in their squads would be silly not to be tapping into their knowledge of the game.

De-Champ
20-01-2016, 09:10 AM

In short a if you are good at Maths does not mean you will make a good maths teacher. Just because you played internationally does not mean you will be a good mentor....whatever a mentor supposed to do.... I can just see it now. Weston and Edgeworth are going to suddenly produce exceptional centre backs and centre forwards on the one or two hours on the two/three days a week they train/play. Either that or the centre backs and centre forwards at those two clubs are going to be the best in the league in 2016.

namwob99
20-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Agreed, the kids at these clubs will be hanging on every word they say.

winner
20-01-2016, 01:14 PM
That Scot for Adamstown looked unfit and slow and he did well. CB is more about reading the game than pace, so I think Kew will do well. Likewise McBreen, if he's playing as a genuine 9 he doesn't need lightning pace and will be too smart for many defences imo. Like that fat striker for the Jaffas that consistently performs...
That " fat " striker from the jaffas would have more ability in his big toe than a bloke like you would ever have RAM.

MFKS
20-01-2016, 01:20 PM
That " fat " striker from the jaffas would have more ability in his big toe than a bloke like you would ever have RAM.

You have seen RAM play before then I take it??

RAM
20-01-2016, 02:30 PM

that's my point, the comp doesn't revolve solely around pace - guys with ability can and will flourish

winner
20-01-2016, 02:56 PM
that's my point, the comp doesn't revolve solely around pace - guys with ability can and will flourish
My point was more how instead of saying Johnny Maj you called him that fat guy from jaffas. I do get your point about some players without pace do still do well in this league

RAM
20-01-2016, 03:11 PM
My point was more how instead of saying Johnny Maj you called him that fat guy from jaffas. I do get your point about some players without pace do still do well in this league

couldn't remember the name off the top of my head, figured everyone would know who I was talking about

De-Champ
20-01-2016, 03:56 PM

Players without pace that have ability do well in any league

Wire Blew
20-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Players without pace that have ability do well in any league
But can you carry more than 1 of them in any decent league? I don't think so. You might not have to be Usain Bolt over 100 metres, but if you lack acceleration you might not get to the ball enough to use your skills.

De-Champ
20-01-2016, 08:27 PM
But can you carry more than 1 of them in any decent league? I don't think so. You might not have to be Usain Bolt over 100 metres, but if you lack acceleration you might not get to the ball enough to use your skills.

Pirlo does alright, as does Totti at walking pace. AC milan have been doing ok for years with geriatrics in their side.

immersion
20-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Pirlo does alright, as does Totti at walking pace. AC milan have been doing ok for years with geriatrics in their side.

Not to mention luca toni at 38 is the leading (equal) goal scorer in serie a.

Goatscheese
20-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed winner? He compliments a guy and you have a go at him.

winner
21-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed winner? He compliments a guy and you have a go at him.

Yeah was a rough morning Goats,even though calling someone " the fat guy " takes a bit of gloss off the compliment lmao

RAM
21-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Yeah was a rough morning Goats,even though calling someone " the fat guy " takes a bit of gloss off the compliment lmao

how many fat guys at the Jaffas? was merely a distinctive description :rof:

De-Champ
21-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Not to mention luca toni at 38 is the leading (equal) goal scorer in serie a.

He can run though

The Magician
21-01-2016, 10:31 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3679055/ring-in-faces-ban-over-herald-comments/?cs=305

Bravo NNSWF... restore some credibility lost by Macquarie Footballs ridiculous decision... show the football community that cheaters never prosper!

immersion
21-01-2016, 10:41 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3679055/ring-in-faces-ban-over-herald-comments/?cs=305

Bravo NNSWF... restore some credibility lost by Macquarie Footballs ridiculous decision... show the football community that cheaters never prosper!

This is the biggest joke ive seen in local football. he's clearly done the crime. Witnesses place him in the game, what other evidence could there be? He has to do the time now.

If anyone that knows him, knows that his personality has an extremely good chance of doing something like this, without any evidence being put forth.

If he was half smart he would of gotten an alibi along with getting his mate Nick to take the blame. But he is clearly not all that smart.

ForeverRed
22-01-2016, 08:37 AM

How can you blame a person who fronted up and put his case forward, the matter was dealt with by Macquarie and should now be done and dusted, nnswf are treading on a very thin path if they think a publication in a newspaper has any credibility, all you do gooders out there need to have a good look at yourself, I could imagine if this bloke played for broadmeadow you would be defending him bid time magician, like I said he fronted up and copped what he got, there's little more he can do, don't blame him for macquaries mistakes,

cobra23
22-01-2016, 09:30 AM
How can you blame a person who fronted up and put his case forward, the matter was dealt with by Macquarie and should now be done and dusted, nnswf are treading on a very thin path if they think a publication in a newspaper has any credibility, all you do gooders out there need to have a good look at yourself, I could imagine if this bloke played for broadmeadow you would be defending him bid time magician, like I said he fronted up and copped what he got, there's little more he can do, don't blame him for macquaries mistakes,

no ones blaming him for macquaries mistake,
every ones blaming him for his own mistake.. the one he made by playing.
macqaurie are just dumb fu@ks to hand out a stupid little slap on the hand rather then doing it properly, for which now they might just look at future punishments seriously.

hamburgler
22-01-2016, 10:05 AM
no ones blaming him for macquaries mistake,
every ones blaming him for his own mistake.. the one he made by playing.
macqaurie are just dumb fu@ks to hand out a stupid little slap on the hand rather then doing it properly, for which now they might just look at future punishments seriously.

Agree FR, if NNSW create a precedent by punishing a player based on an article in a newspaper, they are absolute fools.

The matter was dealt with by the appropriate authorities and therefore case closed. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the outcome, and he should have been hit with a longer suspension in my opinion.

Having said that, Northern are showing how incompetent they are yet again, by punishing someone based on a media article - AMATEURS!!

magician
22-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Of cause you would say that being good friends with him

EH9
22-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Agree FR, if NNSW create a precedent by punishing a player based on an article in a newspaper, they are absolute fools.

The matter was dealt with by the appropriate authorities and therefore case closed. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the outcome, and he should have been hit with a longer suspension in my opinion.

Having said that, Northern are showing how incompetent they are yet again, by punishing someone based on a media article - AMATEURS!!

This is not the first time that the Federation have suspended people for comments to the paper. A couple of coaches have been suspended by the federation for comments made to the paper.

hawk
22-01-2016, 07:15 PM

ridiculous. If a junior is good enough they'll make the jump regardless. Some npl teams are more supportive to their juniors than others.

ForeverRed
22-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Of cause you would say that being good friends with him
His my lover if you really want to know

winner
22-01-2016, 07:27 PM
ridiculous. If a junior is good enough they'll make the jump regardless. Some npl teams are more supportive to their juniors than others.
How is it ridiculous. So little Johnny plays at magic until he is 18 and can't break into magic 1st grade because they have a gun side so he leaves and goes to another club. Young Billy is of equal ability to Johnny, plays all his juniors at Valo and breaks into 1st grade because Valo are a shit side. Make the jump regardless. Now that is ridiculous.

outsider
22-01-2016, 08:31 PM
This is not the first time that the Federation have suspended people for comments to the paper. A couple of coaches have been suspended by the federation for comments made to the paper.

Unless the comment is made about a referee-eg; after Solo Cup final a few years ago

Football lover
22-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Unless the comment is made about a referee-eg; after Solo Cup final a few years ago

If memory serves me correctly wasn't Gary Wilson suspended for 8 or so games after comments he made about a certain Referee in the herald? Regardless if clarky has done it or what he has been punished 4 games that's what I should be get on with it

MFKS
23-01-2016, 09:12 AM

That being said though FR wouldn't all players and coaches be signing some type of code of conduct thing where they are obliged to behave by??

I know that NNSW are probably just looking to add to his lenient punishment but all players and officials would be bound by this procedure to not bring the game into disrepute etc.

Issue really is that old mate has spoken to the paper about a matter that he really shouldn't have when it was still being dealt with. Where was the we are gonna fight the accusation no comment at this point in time diplomatic response??

outsider
23-01-2016, 09:22 AM
If memory serves me correctly wasn't Gary Wilson suspended for 8 or so games after comments he made about a certain Referee in the herald? Regardless if clarky has done it or what he has been punished 4 games that's what I should be get on with it

Was referring to a certain club president from the same club a few years back

The Postman
23-01-2016, 09:49 AM
All players, coaches and officials are bound by the FFA Code of Conduct

Which includes

The National Code of Conduct applies to all Members and governs:
(a) bringing FFA or football into Disrepute, including through discriminatory behaviour,
offensive behaviour and incitement of hatred or violence;
(b) liability for spectator and supporter conduct;
(c) betting, match-fixing and corruption; and
(d) disparaging public or media statements.

Goatscheese
23-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Clarke referred the Herald to his legal representative, who declined to comment.

Seems like Clarke learnt his lesson there.

Goatscheese
23-01-2016, 05:06 PM

It would appear that Northern are looking to punish someone based on what they said to the media.

FAT BUT....KIND
23-01-2016, 09:16 PM

May be my first post but after reading the rubbish being posted by GO AWAY and winner I'm convinced these 2 are the same person, why the hate for the Buds? Is it that your club were not professional enough to hang onto a certain player that decided to move to the buds?

Move on ya snake!

FAT BUT....KIND
23-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Edgy
Olympic
Magic
Buds
Jaffas
Jets
Weston
Valo
Maitland
CCB

doublechop
23-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Edgy
Olympic
Magic
Buds
Jaffas
Jets
Weston
Valo
Maitland
CCB

Olympic
Magic
Adamstown
Edgy
Jaffas
Weston
Jets
Valo
CCB
Maitland

doublechop
23-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Have Maitland got their 22s Coach yet?

FAT BUT....KIND
23-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Have Maitland got their 22s Coach yet?
Maybe Winner will take the 22's job at the Party Pies

winner
23-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Maybe Winner will take the 22's job at the Party Pies
It's a 2 horse race for the job between myself and Go Away. If we don't get the pies job we will join you at the buds FATSO

Ker-Plunk
24-01-2016, 09:12 PM
you gotta be better than the bums that had the gig last season .

Ker-Plunk
24-01-2016, 09:15 PM
also , fatt butt , how did you get that picture of my wife ????

FAT BUT....KIND
25-01-2016, 09:00 PM
also , fatt butt , how did you get that picture of my wife ????
I took it after she enjoyed my quarter pounder

FAT BUT....KIND
25-01-2016, 09:19 PM
It's a 2 horse race for the job between myself and Go Away. If we don't get the pies job we will join you at the buds FATSO
Nah I've been told that the Buds don't need a toilet cleaner so you may struggle to slither in there.

tucker's daughter
27-01-2016, 04:57 PM
TRIAL GAME SATURDAY JANUARY 30 @ DARLING ST
HAMILTON OLYMPIC v ADAMSTOWN ROSEBUDS
19s kick off at 2.30
22s kick off at 4.15
1st grade kick off at 6 pm

salmon
27-01-2016, 09:34 PM
you gotta be better than the bums that had the gig last season .

Sounds like someone's son didn't make the grade in 22s

Ker-Plunk
28-01-2016, 08:22 PM
to old mate, he be struggling to make grade in over 35. just watched too many home games . all the big bad daddys are on npl youth.

magician
28-01-2016, 08:54 PM
TRIAL GAME SATURDAY JANUARY 30 @ DARLING ST
HAMILTON OLYMPIC v ADAMSTOWN ROSEBUDS
19s kick off at 2.30
22s kick off at 4.15
1st grade kick off at 6 pm

I thought Olympic were meant to be playing Bankstown this weekend. What happened?

Thomas477
28-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I thought Olympic were meant to be playing Bankstown this weekend. What happened?

I was under the impression they were playing Bankstown too.

Blueboy
28-01-2016, 09:28 PM
I was under the impression they were playing Bankstown too.

NSW wouldn't sanction the game

the_butcher
02-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Sounds like someone's son didn't make the grade in 22s

Hahahaha! Ouch! And that is what they call checkmate.

The Magician
02-02-2016, 08:31 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3702731/maitland-ring-in-cops-new-12-month-ban/?cs=306

Good on ya Davey boy

Goatscheese
02-02-2016, 09:18 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3702731/maitland-ring-in-cops-new-12-month-ban/?cs=306

Good on ya Davey boy

Ha, no doubt Maitland will be appealing as well. Nothing he can do not only did he say it publicly that it wasn't him but I assume he said it to the initial hearing with Macquarie, which he then admitted that the claim was false during the appeal which is a breach of the Code of Conduct.

Not that it matters too much but I wonder if the 12 month ban starts from now or back in November. Wonder if the four game ban is served concurrently or consecutively.

RAM
10-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Valentine have reportedly picked up one of the best from the Northern Inland Premier League - Will Kam.

Good kid with plenty of ability. Hopefully he gets a run.

zzzzzzzzzz
13-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Due to late player movement, Valentine FC has two positions available in our Under 19 squad - 2016 National Premier League - contact U19 Coach Alan Hackett at alan.hackett@vefc.com.au

namwob99
13-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Due to late player movement, Valentine FC has two positions available in our Under 19 squad - 2016 National Premier League - contact U19 Coach Alan Hackett at alan.hackett@vefc.com.au
Where'd they go?

Cunning stunts
15-02-2016, 11:40 AM
thoughts on Maitland signings in the herald today?

Dean Heffernan
Matt Crowell

Zico
15-02-2016, 05:19 PM

Dean Heffernan
Matt Crowell
Plenty of money being thrown around by the team on the windy hill.

magician
15-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Dean Heffernan
Matt Crowell

Who is Matt Crowell

NewyTy
15-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Who is Matt Crowell

Has a decent background. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Crowell

winner
17-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Didn't anyone else see the list of midfielders that Magic have assembled in the herald today. Great squad of midfielders but forgive my ignorance, where do they all play

Tonester
17-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Didn't anyone else see the list of midfielders that Magic have assembled in the herald today. Great squad of midfielders but forgive my ignorance, where do they all play

Goalie, fullback, striker & benchwarmers I would suggest. In all honesty it's a bit of a joke having that many quality players, egos are going to be bruised.

GO AWAY
17-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Goalie, fullback, striker & benchwarmers I would suggest. In all honesty it's a bit of a joke having that many quality players, egos are going to be bruised.

It happens every year, why should this year be any different, if players want to go there to sit on the bench just to have a good chance at winning trophies, rather then go to a lower tier NPL club and fight hard for that said team and make them a semi contender, good luck to them, their choice. Players dont seem to leave because of it, so well done Magic.

Goatscheese
17-02-2016, 11:58 PM

At other clubs once the realise how much game time they won't be playing.

Or perhaps they are going to play a 3-6-1

GO AWAY
18-02-2016, 09:31 AM
At other clubs once the realise how much game time they won't be playing.

Or perhaps they are going to play a 3-6-1

3-6-1 would equal only 4 MF on the bench

monz6
24-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Paper this morning... Ben hay callan Lewis rhys tippet and Alex JY to Jaffas!

chocolate soldier
25-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Tippet would have a few different training kits now 😉

winner
25-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Tippet would have a few different training kits now 😉
Would hardly call him a club hopper. Spent around 8 years at Weston, 5 years at Magic so this will be his third local club. These are my 5 biggest club hoppers
Dennis Faj , 6 clubs, Olympic , Lakes, Valo, Southy, Jaffas and Maitland
Hakan Canli, 5 clubs, Azzurri, Valo, Magic, Jaffas and Adamstown
Dino Faj, 5 clubs , Olympic, Southy, Jets, Jaffas and Magic
Alex Read , 5 clubs, Valo, Jets, Lakes, Maitland, Adamstown
Chris Berlin, 4 clubs, Edgy, Olympic, Magic and Adamstown
Anyone i have missed ?

ForeverRed
25-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Who cares, you go where the opportunities are, loyalty went out the window15 years ago, I will say Dino faj showed loyalty when he returned to south cardiff after his spell at the jets, he felt he owed the club after getting him a chance at jets, could have played at a few clubs for heap more $$$$

De-Champ
25-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Alex Read also had a spell with Fury

salmon
25-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Would hardly call him a club hopper. Spent around 8 years at Weston, 5 years at Magic so this will be his third local club. These are my 5 biggest club hoppers
Anyone i have missed ?

John Majurovski - Magic, Lakes, West Wallsend, Lambton

winner
25-02-2016, 10:45 AM
John Majurovski - Magic, Lakes, West Wallsend, Lambton
Played at Olympic as well

pv4
25-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Sean Matthews - Edgy, Toronto, Atown, Lakes, more?

^ still love him though.

All the guys mentioned are terrific players.

jets04
25-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Possibly Azzurri as well???

magician
25-02-2016, 12:09 PM
And Azzurri

salmon
25-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Ryan Clarke has had at least 4 (South Cardiff, Toronto, Edgeworth, Maitland)

The Postman
25-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Ryan Clarke has had at least 4 (South Cardiff, Toronto, Edgeworth, Maitland)

Adamstown Juniors AA - H Grade

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Jamie burns - southy, jets, Jaffas, charlestown, olympic

The Acolyte
25-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Lucky Starr, Grong Grong, Woolongong, Woy Woy , Bourke, Sydney , Gulargambone, Come-by-Chance, Perth

Swanky
25-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Anyone i have missed ?

Hakan was at Olympic also

GO AWAY
26-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Hakan was at Olympic also

All the above is quite sad really

winner
26-02-2016, 01:07 AM
All the above is quite sad really
Does this thing have a like button

EH9
26-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Adamstown Juniors AA - H Grade

This is my favourite post of all time! Thanks for making me laugh.

ForeverRed
26-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Jamie burns - southy, jets, Jaffas, charlestown, olympic
Burns didn't play at jets,

Bremsstrahlung
26-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Burns didn't play at jets,

Well he left to join them.

Stanley
26-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Anyone i have missed ?

What about the loyal players;
Jaryd Johnson at Southy
Peter Haynes at Magic
Josh Piddingtong at Magic
Too many to name at Weston
Austin brothers at Hamilton (although they were poached from Adamstown)

Mitchy
26-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Broadleys at Maitland

GO AWAY
26-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Scott smith ?? Except for valo year

BP Super Dynamos
26-02-2016, 03:46 PM
If the Broadley's were any good, they'd have left. Maitland and their locals were found out last season

The Magician
26-02-2016, 05:32 PM
What about the loyal players;
Jaryd Johnson at Southy
Peter Haynes at Magic
Josh Piddingtong at Magic
Too many to name at Weston
Austin brothers at Hamilton (although they were poached from Adamstown)

Most clubs have their loyal base... Magic's golden generation has been a stand out in terms of loyalty, most existing players in what should be the 2016 squad would have well over 100 first grade games under their belt for the club... but what is loyalty? 100 games (5 seasons)... 150... 200.... 250? (competition first grade games only).

Ker-Plunk
26-02-2016, 08:22 PM
ha , and the same will happen this season

spamg172
26-02-2016, 10:43 PM
If the Broadley's were any good, they'd have left. Maitland and their locals were found out last season

Isn't this the basis of loyalty? Playing for your club regardless.
Sam Walker was just about golden boot when Lakes went down and he's still there. Is he not any good?

Zico
27-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Isn't this the basis of loyalty? Playing for your club regardless.
Sam Walker was just about golden boot when Lakes went down and he's still there. Is he not any good?
$400 per week plus bonuses in NEWFM buys loyalty! Remember he started at Olympic but Lakes offered more coin.

tucker's daughter
27-02-2016, 10:49 AM
$400 per week plus bonuses in NEWFM buys loyalty! Remember he started at Olympic but Lakes offered more coin.

I think he was at West Wallsend before Olympic as well

cobra23
29-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Anyone i have missed ?

Yeah you missed half of the comp..
pretty hard to compare club hoppers to players that spend a good amount of years at clubs rather then the players that spend 1 or 2 years at a club each year.
example - i would not call Berlin a club hopper considering his age and years playing. 6 or so at Edgy, a couple at Olympic and 7 plus at magic.
I think you might have to consider age, clubs & years playing to determine club hoppers.

what about players in your own backyard? there are a few there that have had 3 or more clubs and they are way under 30 years of age.

magician
29-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Yeah you missed half of the comp..
pretty hard to compare club hoppers to players that spend a good amount of years at clubs rather then the players that spend 1 or 2 years at a club each year.
example - i would not call Berlin a club hopper considering his age and years playing. 6 or so at Edgy, a couple at Olympic and 7 plus at magic.
I think you might have to consider age, clubs & years playing to determine club hoppers.

what about players in your own backyard? there are a few there that have had 3 or more clubs and they are way under 30 years of age.

And who are they?

Cunning stunts
29-02-2016, 12:44 PM
purely a rumour I have heard but possibly Nick Carle to Maitland?

anyone else heard that?

cobra23
29-02-2016, 12:44 PM
And who are they?

hodges, swan twins , ireland , mooney ,

NewyTy
29-02-2016, 12:51 PM
purely a rumour I have heard but possibly Nick Carle to Maitland?

anyone else heard that?

I heard the same a couple of weeks ago. That'd be massive for them if true but highly doubt it. Just seems a bit much considering who they've already got.

winner
29-02-2016, 01:11 PM
hodges, swan twins , ireland , mooney ,
Hodges and swan twins spent about 4 years at azzurri, 1 year at valo and have been at Olympic for 6-7 years,
Ireland 2 years at jaffas and 2nd year at Olympic
Mooney not totally sure. I think a couple of years at magic and lakes and 2 years at Olympic

Cunning stunts
29-02-2016, 01:55 PM
I heard the same a couple of weeks ago. That'd be massive for them if true but highly doubt it. Just seems a bit much considering who they've already got.

that's exactly what I was thinking just was looking to see if anyone else has

onlooker
29-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Any truth to Joel and Adam Griffiths are joining Jobe at Jaffas??

The Postman
29-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Any truth to Joel and Adam Griffiths are joining Jobe at Jaffas??

Adam this year, Joel next season once his knee is right.

onlooker
29-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Cheers for that.

I asked this on the FFA cup page but does anyone know who was in goals for Maitland in their FFA cup game against Simba, was told it wasn't BK or Trott.

The Postman
29-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Cheers for that.

I asked this on the FFA cup page but does anyone know who was in goals for Maitland in their FFA cup game against Simba, was told it wasn't BK or Trott.

Didn't Nick Harnett go there? Short, stocky and blonde hair?

onlooker
01-03-2016, 06:12 AM
Didn't Nick Harnett go there? Short, stocky and blonde hair?
That description sounds like the one I was given when I was asked who it was.

onlooker
01-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Apparently not him either, how many keepers do Maitland have this year??

RAM
01-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Adam Griffiths :cool: Underrated lynchpin of our premiership year

GO AWAY
01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Apparently not him either, how many keepers do Maitland have this year??

Might have been Ben Corling ?? Was 19s keeper last year I think, not overly tall and blonde

hamburgler
01-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Might have been Ben Corling ?? Was 19s keeper last year I think, not overly tall and blonde

The Maitland keeper had darker hair and a beard, looked 30. Too old to be Ben Corling if he played 19s last year.

GO AWAY
01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
The Maitland keeper had darker hair and a beard, looked 30. Too old to be Ben Corling if he played 19s last year.

Oh ok, not Ben then , as a matter of interest, why the interest ? haha

onlooker
01-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Oh ok, not Ben then , as a matter of interest, why the interest ? haha

This all came from me had a mate go and watch and he asked me who it was I rattled off a few names when they were all wrong curiosity got the better of me.

GO AWAY
01-03-2016, 10:59 AM
When do teams have to name their 20 man squads ? I know azzuri named theres at season launch Saturday night.

Imyourhero
01-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Matt Stonham?

hamburgler
01-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Matt Stonham?

No, Matt Stonham is about 7 foot tall, keeper on saturday was 5 foot and a bit.

onlooker
01-03-2016, 12:38 PM
No, Matt Stonham is about 7 foot tall, keeper on saturday was 5 foot and a bit.
Is Matt even playing this year or he having the year off?

spamg172
01-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Still recovering. Won't play this year.

ForeverRed
01-03-2016, 05:32 PM
The keeper was Brendon ?, played at the gunners a few years back

Goatscheese
09-03-2016, 09:37 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3776636/ryan-clarke-taking-appeal-to-ffa/?cs=2439

Clarke still trying to get to play, despite getting his new punishment reduced to eight months. Wonder if the FFA will care as much as Northern did about his comments not just in The Herald but on social media. If he had cut his losses at four games instead of running his mouth and talking shit about Northern and Interdistrict officials he would be playing by May.

Wonder who is paying the $2,000 appeals process, Clarke or Maitland.

Ker-Plunk
10-03-2016, 12:01 AM
the ffa cup

Bremsstrahlung
10-03-2016, 07:21 AM
The keeper was Brendon ?, played at the gunners a few years back

Brendon Moorehead wasn't it?

FAT BUT....KIND
13-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Nah I've been told that the Buds don't need a toilet cleaner so you may struggle to slither in there.
Just back from that wonderfully enjoyable evening in the FFA Cup at Windy Hill.
I would like to say a huge congrats to 3 winning sides, great to see sides win on the pitch and not on the cheque book.
P.S Snake your toilets were honking, games should have been held at Bero!!!!
GO THE BUDS!!!!!!

Why Blue
17-03-2016, 09:29 AM
When do teams have to name their 20 man squads ? I know azzuri named theres at season launch Saturday night.

So how are you feeling about CCB this year now GA ????
Minors gone
Tully finally confirms he is out for the year
Will be a tough year

GO AWAY
17-03-2016, 11:04 AM
So how are you feeling about CCB this year now GA ????
Minors gone
Tully finally confirms he is out for the year
Will be a tough year

Never knew about tully mate, that's a shame, but have played all pre season without him so far, so although he would be very handy, there is probably enough depth there this year to cover IF he doesn't make it back.
As far as Daniel, real shame, still don't know reasoning except can only think, as a young bloke playing a lot of first grade last year, was hard to come accustomed to being a fringe first grader again ?? Id rather him stick around and do the hard yards like his brother did and is starting to reap the rewards. But his choice and im sure he would be welcomed back one day.
Knocking off the central coast trials, Wallsend and Weston ( the latter without Smith, Tull, Maguire, Kiljn ) gives then hope that we will be ok, still lots of good young blokes there coming through.

seldom
17-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Never knew about tully mate, that's a shame, but have played all pre season without him so far, so although he would be very handy, there is probably enough depth there this year to cover IF he doesn't make it back.
As far as Daniel, real shame, still don't know reasoning except can only think, as a young bloke playing a lot of first grade last year, was hard to come accustomed to being a fringe first grader again ?? Id rather him stick around and do the hard yards like his brother did and is starting to reap the rewards. But his choice and im sure he would be welcomed back one day.
Knocking off the central coast trials, Wallsend and Weston ( the latter without Smith, Tull, Maguire, Kiljn ) gives then hope that we will be ok, still lots of good young blokes there coming through.

Where did Minors go ?

The Postman
17-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Where did Minors go ?

Jaffas, had to replace Aiden Palozzi and Zac Douglas who went to Cooks Hill

magician
17-03-2016, 01:57 PM
So left a club where he was playing 1st grade to go to a club where he will lucky to make there bench. Seems like a smart decision to me

Bremsstrahlung
17-03-2016, 02:08 PM
No relegation anyway, not much of a deal tbh.

Why Blue
17-03-2016, 06:39 PM
No relegation anyway, not much of a deal tbh.

Ageed, might save their bacon

Why Blue
17-03-2016, 06:42 PM
So left a club where he was playing 1st grade to go to a club where he will lucky to make there bench. Seems like a smart decision to me

Hats if to him, taken the more challenging option, got to push yourself to achieve.

Or maybe just decided that life is short, take the $$ on offer when they are offered 💰💰

Either way good on him

The Postman
17-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Hats if to him, taken the more challenging option, got to push yourself to achieve.

Or maybe just decided that life is short, take the $$ on offer when they are offered 💰💰

Either way good on him

No $$$ incentive for him to leave.

GO AWAY
18-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Or maybe just decided that life is short, take the $$ on offer when they are offered ����

Either way good on him

Wasn't $$$$$

Why Blue
18-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Wasn't $$$$$

Must have seen Jaffa's as a more challanging option
As I said either way good on him

Tonester
18-03-2016, 06:05 PM
He wasn't there last night when they played Olympic not even a sub,Jaffas had Jamie on the bench ahead of him. We all know the dramas that have plagued Azzurri in the past but to lose someone that they put great faith in a few weeks before the comp starts must tell you that something still isn't right at Whitebridge.

Premy
18-03-2016, 06:15 PM
He wasn't there last night when they played Olympic not even a sub,Jaffas had Jamie on the bench ahead of him. We all know the dramas that have plagued Azzurri in the past but to lose someone that they put great faith in a few weeks before the comp starts must tell you that something still isn't right at Whitebridge.
Thought you didn't like meaningless speculative drivel on here.

prawnhead
18-03-2016, 08:15 PM

Yeah tone it down Tonester.

Tonester
18-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Must be immune to to it by now, read plenty of your posts.

Premy
18-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Must be immune to to it by now, read plenty of your posts.
So what inspired the whinge if you're immune to it? Or are you one of those hypocritical speculative drivel talkers.

Ker-Plunk
18-03-2016, 10:56 PM
plenty of them on here . funny no one spreading the big news tho .

winner
18-03-2016, 11:38 PM
plenty of them on here . funny no one spreading the big news tho .
I'll bite Ker-Plunk. What is the big news

Tonester
19-03-2016, 06:08 AM
So what inspired the whinge if you're immune to it? Or are you one of those hypocritical speculative drivel talkers.
There's another one of those posts. You're becoming a bit too predictable .

Premy
19-03-2016, 06:44 AM
There's another one of those posts. You're becoming a bit too predictable .
Rather be predictable then cynical.
So please share with us your almighty knowledge of what's going on at Azzurri or continue to speculate drivel.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Rather be predictable then cynical.
So please share with us your almighty knowledge of what's going on at Azzurri or continue to speculate drivel.

Unlike your uninformed self I do have a fair amount of inside knowledge of the goings on at CCB due to spending a number of years there in an official capacity. That should suffice as far as you're concerned although I doubt that you would like to be told again to pull your head in & try to inform people instead of your inane attempts at abuse.

Premy
19-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Unlike your uninformed self I do have a fair amount of inside knowledge of the goings on at CCB due to spending a number of years there in an official capacity. That should suffice as far as you're concerned although I doubt that you would like to be told again to pull your head in & try to inform people instead of your inane attempts at abuse.
No I just get kicks at pointing out hypocrites hypocrisy then watching them try to justify or deny their hypocrisy.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 09:52 AM
No I just get kicks at pointing out hypocrites hypocrisy then watching them try to justify or deny their hypocrisy.
You're comments are now petty & juvenile. You need to have a good look at yourself before you become totally irrelevant

Premy
19-03-2016, 10:08 AM
You're comments are now petty & juvenile. You need to have a good look at yourself before you become totally irrelevant
Maybe so, maybe you also need to take your own advice. Explain to me why your speculation is relative but others is not and I'll forget this conversation ever happened.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Maybe so, maybe you also need to take your own advice. Explain to me why your speculation is relative but others is not and I'll forget this conversation ever happened.
Let's finish with this, if you can point out my hypocrisy I will apologize to you, if you can't to any standard of satisfaction then I think you owe me one.

Premy
19-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Let's finish with this, if you can point out my hypocrisy I will apologize to you, if you can't to any standard of satisfaction then I think you owe me one.
You speculated that the reason a player left a club was because of problems said club had in the past. You came to this assumption with little evidence other than your own speculation.

In a another thread you said speculation bores you, so your hypocrisy tells you, your speculation is fine but others is not.

You won't get an apology from me, I asked you a simple question "Thought you didn't like meaningless speculative drivel on here". You chose to get offened by that simple question.

Goatscheese
19-03-2016, 11:08 AM
**** sake, Premy, it's obvious Tonestar knows shit all about the goings on despite at one point in the past him being involved with the club and only hears speculation from other former club officials that has gone through a few people beforehand anyway. Ignore the old bastard and eventually his aged care nurse will wipe the dribble and put him to bed.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 11:13 AM
**** sake, Premy, it's obvious Tonestar knows shit all about the goings on despite at one point in the past him being involved with the club and only hears speculation from other former club officials that has gone through a few people beforehand anyway. Ignore the old bastard and eventually his aged care nurse will wipe the dribble and put him to bed.
Now that's what I call speculation! Better watch out Premy will jump all over it!

Tonester
19-03-2016, 11:16 AM
You speculated that the reason a player left a club was because of problems said club had in the past. You came to this assumption with little evidence other than your own speculation.

In a another thread you said speculation bores you, so your hypocrisy tells you, your speculation is fine but others is not.

You won't get an apology from me, I asked you a simple question "Thought you didn't like meaningless speculative drivel on here". You chose to get offened by that simple question.

Not speculation just a statement of fact. It's obvious that you are someone who can't cope with being wrong, not a problem I was wrong once too!

Premy
19-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Not speculation just a statement of fact. It's obvious that you are someone who can't cope with being wrong, not a problem I was wrong once too!
If that's the case then share with us all what you know. Otherwise thats just meaningless drivel and more hypocrisy.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 11:37 AM
If that's the case then share with us all what you know. Otherwise thats just meaningless drivel and more hypocrisy.Must maintain the anonymity of my very close source. Anyway my mates &I have finished brekky here at beautiful Meriwether & have enjoyed the entertainment. Must go now off to watch the Knights

Ker-Plunk
19-03-2016, 12:19 PM
musta really enjoyed beautiful meriweather , on your phablet all morn . starting to sound like southy shore .

Tonester
19-03-2016, 12:24 PM
musta really enjoyed beautiful meriweather , on your phablet all morn . starting to sound like southy shore .You're spelling is almost as bad as your username

Goatscheese
19-03-2016, 05:08 PM
You're spelling is almost as bad as your username

Definition of irony.

Tonester
19-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Definition of irony.
Your post almost stinks as much as your username.(now that's ironic)

Bremsstrahlung
19-03-2016, 05:56 PM
:trolls:

Premy
19-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Geez you get touchy when some one pulls you up Tonester, must be hard to keep up all that BS. Don't worry but you and your mates can still have a giggle.

MFKS
19-03-2016, 07:51 PM
I ain't even started anything here

5 5 5

Tonester
19-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Geez you get touchy when some one pulls you up Tonester, must be hard to keep up all that BS. Don't worry but you and your mates can still have a giggle.
Goatscheeses' post makes no sense, unfortunately I seem to be a target of people who are of a much lower intellectual level who think that they are something akin to a footballing prophet.I might take a sabbatical from here for a while so the numbnuts & ignoramusses can shine.Over to you Premy & Bluecheese.

Premy
19-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Goatscheeses' post makes no sense, unfortunately I seem to be a target of people who are of a much lower intellectual level who think that they are something akin to a footballing prophet.I might take a sabbatical from here for a while so the numbnuts & ignoramusses can shine.Over to you Premy & Bluecheese.

Cool, cool. See you.
Maybe try Facebook to spread your baseless meaningless drivel, I'm sure you and your mates can have a good laugh on that instead. You should fit right in, it full of hypocrites too.

Since you were full of advice early of got a couple of dozys for you.
Try not to be so precious all the time and when you point your finger at someone be aware of where the other 3 fingers are pointing.
Goodnight, God bless.

AZZURRI73
19-03-2016, 10:32 PM

Cool, cool. See you.
Maybe try Facebook to spread your baseless meaningless drivel, I'm sure you and your mates can have a good laugh on that instead. You should fit right in, it full of hypocrites too.

Since you were full of advice early of got a couple of dozys for you.
Try not to be so precious all the time and when you point your finger at someone be aware of where the other 3 fingers are pointing.
Goodnight, God bless.

Premy, I think you'll find tonester AKA mr Bird was spoken to offline and asked to stop posting meaningless unfounded crap online.

At the end of the day every club had issue and do their best just to get by. I find it sad that someone who was given a position at the club just to keep their son happy has to turn to this sort of media to try and make a point.

Hopefully at his new club Daniel will star turning up to training, start making an effort, make it to games even when not playing, stop turning up to games hungover and start actually wanting to be part of the team.

Yes there have been issues at CCB but a lot of those come down to players being too precious and more worried about themselves than the greater good of the team. Hopefully now they have a few players there who want to play for each other, some good young kids and Unknown prospects who may surprise a few people.

Btw so much for Daniel minors pushing himself at Jaffas if who I am hearing is true he has signed for edgy after being guaranteed a first XI spot.

Premy
19-03-2016, 10:43 PM
Premy, I think you'll find tonester AKA mr Bird was spoken to offline and asked to stop posting meaningless unfounded crap online.

At the end of the day every club had issue and do their best just to get by. I find it sad that someone who was given a position at the club just to keep their son happy has to turn to this sort of media to try and make a point.

Hopefully at his new club Daniel will star turning up to training, start making an effort, make it to games even when not playing, stop turning up to games hungover and start actually wanting to be part of the team.

Yes there have been issues at CCB but a lot of those come down to players being too precious and more worried about themselves than the greater good of the team. Hopefully now they have a few players there who want to play for each other, some good young kids and Unknown prospects who may surprise a few people.

Btw so much for Daniel minors pushing himself at Jaffas if who I am hearing is true he has signed for edgy after being guaranteed a first XI spot.
All good, my intentions were to never bring any unwanted attention to your club, I have a dislike of hypocrites and Tonester put a massive target upon himself.

All the best for the season ahead, that goes to you to Tonester.