Wallsend
Cooks
Southy

chocolate soldier
02-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Depends who has the most money really

Zico
02-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Lakes have spent plenty but players such as the Walkers will be marked men and most likely kicked all day so i can see their depth being tested and if so a dark horse may pinch it.

GO AWAY
04-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Lakes
Wallsend

Kahibah
Southy
Cookers
Belswans
Singleton
Thornton
Cessnock
Westy
Stags :(

Local Rules
04-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Lakes
Wallsend

Southy
Cookers
Belswans
Singleton
Cessnock
Westy
Stags :(

Are Kahibah and Thornton playing ZL this year or you just don't rate either?

GO AWAY
04-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Oops fixed

GO AWAY
04-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Lakes
Wallsend

Kahibah
Southy
Cookers
Belswans
Singleton
Thornton
Cessnock
Westy
Stags

Drunken ranger
04-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Southy to miss the 4

NewyTy
06-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Two decent signings for Singleton yesterday. Dylan Schauder and Alex Clarke. Schauder is a CB that played U23's for Houston Dynamo and was on the train-on team for the US Olympic squad whilst Clarke is a left mid/back who played 19's for the England Schoolboys before going to the US on a scholarship and playing for Holy Cross College and FC Indiana. The Strikers are expecting them both to play in the FFA Cup next month. In my opinion a team to watch this year just got stronger. I can see them making the finals if they keep their key players fit.

magician
06-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Two decent signings for Singleton yesterday. Dylan Schauder and Alex Clarke. Schauder is a CB that played U23's for Houston Dynamo and was on the train-on team for the US Olympic squad whilst Clarke is a left mid/back who played 19's for the England Schoolboys before going to the US on a scholarship and playing for Holy Cross College and FC Indiana. The Strikers are expecting them both to play in the FFA Cup next month. In my opinion a team to watch this year just got stronger. I can see them making the finals if they keep their key players fit.
Why wouldn't they play in the NPL

Premy
06-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Not everything is about getting your pokets filled by parents paying to much for "expert" coaching.

NewyTy
06-01-2016, 05:06 PM

May have got turned down by NPL clubs. Who knows. Maybe they like the Singleton area? Singo already have a quality import goalkeeper who I'm sure has committed to another season. Fairly decent club on the rise in my eyes.

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Not everything is about getting your pokets filled by parents paying to much for "expert" coaching.

Are parents still paying at NPL level ???
I also find it hard to believe that these guys are playing for zero💲💲💲 the girls don't

Zico
06-01-2016, 05:39 PM
I've heard they were given jobs in the mines if they played for Singleton.

big jim
06-01-2016, 09:00 PM
I've heard they were given jobs in the mines if they played for Singleton.

How in 2016 when miners and contractors are losing jobs and hours

Would be a brave company to give them a job if the unions or press find out

Maybe more likely a sponsor giving them something but again given jobs and hours lost for contractors would think this needs to be kept secret

Any one had any yanks as new starters ?

Ears to the ground brothers

Zico
06-01-2016, 10:00 PM
How in 2016 when miners and contractors are losing jobs and hours

Would be a brave company to give them a job if the unions or press find out

Maybe more likely a sponsor giving them something but again given jobs and hours lost for contractors would think this needs to be kept secret

Any one had any yanks as new starters ?

Ears to the ground brothers
Just the word around town regarding these players.
I would like to see a dark horse like Belswans win the comp, they have been thereabouts but not true contenders for a while now. Valo being back in the top grade may be their year to push for the top spot.

winner
06-01-2016, 11:12 PM
When do newfm clubs begin pre season training

Imyourhero
07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Id say most this week or next week.

big jim
07-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Just the word around town regarding these players.
I would like to see a dark horse like Belswans win the comp, they have been thereabouts but not true contenders for a while now. Valo being back in the top grade may be their year to push for the top spot.

I'm ok with singleton or any club bringing in players to strengthen club and comp

But can't take two jobs from fellow brothers

De-Champ
07-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm ok with singleton or any club bringing in players to strengthen club and comp

But can't take two jobs from fellow brothers

yeah I'm sure the country and town of Singleton is going to be in recession because of two jobs.

big jim
07-01-2016, 11:51 AM
yeah I'm sure the country and town of Singleton is going to be in recession because of two jobs.

Champ man, how long since you have been to singo, remember two successive periods of economic decline equals a recession

But that's not the point brother, two jobs is two jobs, we fight for our jobs

De-Champ
07-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Champ man, how long since you have been to singo, remember two successive periods of economic decline equals a recession

If two yanks (or whoever) can just walk in and take two jobs....says a lot....

Goatscheese
07-01-2016, 10:41 PM
I'm calling the getting two jobs thing bullshit simply because it is so absurd for mines that are slowing down to suddenly find 2 jobs for 2 people. Unless one of the mine in question is owned by an individual involved with the club (though still dubious). Maybe the Royal is giving them $10 schnitzels and schooners for middy prices every day of the week.

Premy
07-01-2016, 11:06 PM
No one whinged when EDI was giving Warners Bay players jobs.
What's the difference?

Bremsstrahlung
08-01-2016, 07:22 AM
Are parents still paying at NPL level ???
I also find it hard to believe that these guys are playing for zero💲💲💲 the girls don't

Think he's referring to the old, use Npl youth to fund the senior team.

Also, did I hear correct that Tull Snr is taking a step away from the club?

MFKS
08-01-2016, 07:23 AM
Maybe they like the Singleton area?

:rof:

Yep I am pretty certain one has some severe mental and psychological issues if they move countries and come to Australia and of all the places to pick in this country they choose to live in down town Singleton

FMD

big jim
08-01-2016, 09:31 AM
If two yanks (or whoever) can just walk in and take two jobs....says a lot....

Not 100% I understand what you mean here
But think it's fair to say we have different opinions on job retention and security

I'm with the cheeseman maybe a few free $10 snitties after game

big jim
08-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Yep I am pretty certain one has some severe mental and psychological issues if they move countries and come to Australia and of all the places to pick in this country they choose to live in down town Singleton

FMD

That's why ppl travel everyday

Only ppl born into singo stay there

GO AWAY
08-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Think he's referring to the old, use Npl youth to fund the senior team.

Also, did I hear correct that Tull Snr is taking a step away from the club?

Stepping back abit mate, Young Dinardo president, new treasurer, and maybe even a secretary. Still helping run the club but not as involved.
ten blokes plus on the board, plenty of sponsors, so things looking good.

The Postman
21-01-2016, 10:51 PM
2-2 Thornton v Cooks Hill. Cookers missing 5-6 first graders, Thornton apparently full strength. Subat played, quite intensily I'm led to believe. Interesting start to the year.

Elude
22-01-2016, 05:45 AM
2-2 Thornton v Cooks Hill. Cookers missing 5-6 first graders, Thornton apparently full strength. Subat played, quite intensily I'm led to believe. Interesting start to the year.

Thornton were playing with 5 possibly 6 first team players, they played very high tempo and should have won by 6 or 7 goals. Cooks Hill played well but didn't really do to much until Thornton put their younger players on in the 3rd quarter.

Bremsstrahlung
22-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Stepping back abit mate, Young Dinardo president, new treasurer, and maybe even a secretary. Still helping run the club but not as involved.
ten blokes plus on the board, plenty of sponsors, so things looking good.

Best things they have done in years. Cannot doubt the man's passion, that's not questioned. But he was doing more harm than good, in my opinion.

RAM
22-01-2016, 10:39 AM

I thought it was 3?

NewyTy
30-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Trial Results today:

Port Macquarie FC 2-4 Cooks Hill United

I was out at West Wallsend for their trial against Cessnock City. Scores were:
1st: 3-1 Westy
23's: 2-1 Cessnock
19's: 5-1 Westy
17's: 3-2 Westy

A fun day but very hot in the sun for eight hours. Westy could and probably should have scored more. Cessnock were awful going forward and as a result kept coming back and being forced into sloppy turnovers. Westy have a couple of new signings who's names slip my mind at the moment but they're on the improve.

23's wasn't a surprise. Cessnock a quality side in that comp. Westy brought it though and were unlucky not to get a result.

19's was sloppy in first half but all Westy in the second. There was a scuffle between two players and both were sent off. Cessnock need to improve or they'll face a tough year. First trial match or not it wasn't the best result.

17's was arguably game of the day and saw Westy come away with a late win. Believe Cessnock have a few 15/16 year olds in the line-up.

Zico
01-02-2016, 09:12 PM
I've heard the "Board" at Lakes being wankers once again NewyTy?

NewyTy
01-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I've heard the "Board" at Lakes being wankers once again NewyTy?

I'm not sure whether it's one person or the whole board but no one has been in contact. I've got no hard feelings. I have ten other clubs who love what I do in New-FM.

Imyourhero
02-02-2016, 08:42 AM
What club doesn't want exposure?

newyjet
11-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Wallsend
Kahibah
Lakes
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Cookers
Westy
Cessnock
Southy
Stags

NewyTy
11-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Wallsend
Kahibah
Lakes
Singo
Belswans
Thornton
Cookers
Westy
Cessnock
Southy
Stags

I'll do one closer to the season when I've seen Wallsend, Lakes and Thornton play but for now:

1st. Lakes
2nd. Kahibah
3rd. Wallsend
4th. Cooks Hill
5th. Singleton
6th. Thornton
7th. Westy
8th. Southy
9th. Cessnock
10th. Belswans
11th. Toronto

Heard some rumours about Belswans that make it hard to see them doing well. Toronto look very poor after two games. Cessnock didn't impress me either. Kahibah could win the whole thing based on what I know and have seen from them. Lakes have money and the players to win the league and would be surprised not to see them win it. Pretty decent table but underselling Cooks Hill IMO and not just saying that cause I'm from the club.

ForeverRed
12-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Belswans are looking for a new coach

Retro Jet
12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Any truth to the rumour that Kahibah are looking at St John's Oval as a possible venue for NPL promotion?

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Any truth to the rumour that Kahibah are looking at St John's Oval as a possible venue for NPL promotion?

They told me they're very close to a major multi-million dollar upgrade of Harold Knight Oval at Gateshead. Word is that some portable facilities will be put there next year for All Age and Juniors to play with New-FM/NPL to eventually go there. Three fields, big grandstand, all the works. They've been working with LMCC for 18 months. P.S, heard some guy come up with a Cooks Hill rumour that I'm sure you'd love to hear. Won't say it on here in case it's somehow true but 99.5% sure it's not.

Also to back up ForeverRed's comment, I've been told from a good source that Belswans are without a coach. Still not sure on the number of players they have. This weekend's trial against Berkeley Vale will be telling. It can't be good to have this going on three weeks out from the season.

GO AWAY
12-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Belswans are looking for a new coach

Real shame and a big loss for Belswans

Tonester
12-02-2016, 03:00 PM
They told me they're very close to a major multi-million dollar upgrade of Harold Knight Oval at Gateshead. Word is that some portable facilities will be put there next year for All Age and Juniors to play with New-FM/NPL to eventually go there. Three fields, big grandstand, all the works. They've been working with LMCC for 18 months. P.S, heard some guy come up with a Cooks Hill rumour that I'm sure you'd love to hear. Won't say it on here in case it's somehow true but 99.5% sure it's not.

Also to back up ForeverRed's comment, I've been told from a good source that Belswans are without a coach. Still not sure on the number of players they have. This weekend's trial against Berkeley Vale will be telling. It can't be good to have this going on three weeks out from the season.
Terrigal smacked Belswans 5-1 last weekend and the wombats are heaps stronger than Terrigal.

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Terrigal smacked Belswans 5-1 last weekend and the wombats are heaps stronger than Terrigal.

Well that's not a good sign. They've got Swansea in the FFA Cup who knocked them out last year and Lakes in Round 1. Definitely a telling few weeks for them.

Premy
12-02-2016, 03:37 PM

Mind my ignorance, but where is Harold knight Oval and St Johns Oval?

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Mind my ignorance, but where is Harold knight Oval and St Johns Oval?

Harold Knight is hard to explain. It's across from Charlestown Toyota and near the Windale turn-off. There's a few fields together called the Mick Middleton Fields which is where they're planning on building their new facilities. St John's Oval is right next to Kahibah Oval, where the Central Charlestown Rugby League team plays.

Premy
12-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Harold Knight is hard to explain. It's across from Charlestown Toyota and near the Windale turn-off. There's a few fields together called the Mick Middleton Fields which is where they're planning on building their new facilities. St John's Oval is right next to Kahibah Oval, where the Central Charlestown Rugby League team plays.

Cheers, I'm with you.
So if the Harold Knight development goes through does that mean the whole club will eventually move?
What does that mean for the current facility at Whitebridge?

I for one hope they don't go down the path of sharing with the Rugby League, just look at Valentine games at Cahill Oval.

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Cheers, I'm with you.
So if the Harold Knight development goes through does that mean the whole club will eventually move?
What does that mean for the current facility at Whitebridge?

I for one hope they don't go down the path of sharing with the Rugby League, just look at Valentine games at Cahill Oval.

Yep. All Age/Juniors could be playing there in 2017. Whole club would move. Do you mean current facilities at Kahibah? Whitebridge is CCB's ground. As for Kahibah Oval, would imagine it would lay dormant in winter time and be used by Charlestown cricket in the summer.

And shared grounds can work. Just look at Toronto with Lyall Peacock Field. I went there late last season and it was in good nick.

Premy
12-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Yep. All Age/Juniors could be playing there in 2017. Whole club would move. Do you mean current facilities at Kahibah? Whitebridge is CCB's ground. As for Kahibah Oval, would imagine it would lay dormant in winter time and be used by Charlestown cricket in the summer.

And shared grounds can work. Just look at Toronto with Lyall Peacock Field. I went there late last season and it was in good nick.

Yeah Kahibah current ground, technically its classed as Charlestown but think its more Whitebridge. Didn't the Council Irrigated and Turf it just a few years ago for them? Know they want to up and leave, surely building on what they have already got would be a more financially logical option.

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Yeah Kahibah current ground, technically its classed as Charlestown but think its more Whitebridge. Didn't the Council Irrigated and Turf it just a few years ago for them? Know they want to up and leave, surely building on what they have already got would be a more financially logical option.

Not sure about that. From what they've told me, the council have been in back and forth contact about the new ground and it looks like a real possibility. Building on what they've got would make sense but the club are keen on Gateshead. Whichever happens I'd much prefer to see the whole club stay at one venue. Either New-FM and Juniors at Kahibah or at Gateshead and not a mix of both. Could become a force in Newy football if they build what they've said they want to build.

Premy
12-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Not sure about that. From what they've told me, the council have been in back and forth contact about the new ground and it looks like a real possibility. Building on what they've got would make sense but the club are keen on Gateshead. Whichever happens I'd much prefer to see the whole club stay at one venue. Either New-FM and Juniors at Kahibah or at Gateshead and not a mix of both. Could become a force in Newy football if they build what they've said they want to build.
Just my opinion.
It would be an absolute farce if Council spend more rates and tax payers money on a Club that already have adequate facilities when there are other Clubs that have far more urgent upgrades required. I guess it's who you know and how good you are at milking the LMCC tit rather than sensible and researched spending on infrastructure.

LongSufferingFan
12-02-2016, 04:25 PM

So if Kahibah moves to Harold Knight are they going to change their name to Gateshead FC?
The problem if Kahibah moves their whole operations to Gateshead then they are no longer Kahibah. That may be fine for the elite kids but Kahibah FC is a community club first and foremost. What happens to the hundreds of local juniors that want to walk to their under 7s game each saturday?

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 04:30 PM
So if Kahibah moves to Harold Knight are they going to change their name to Gateshead FC?
The problem if Kahibah moves their whole operations to Gateshead then they are no longer Kahibah. That may be fine for the elite kids but Kahibah FC is a community club first and foremost. What happens to the hundreds of local juniors that want to walk to their under 7s game each saturday?

Not something I can comment on but definitely a valid point. Cooks Hill play in Cooks Hill, Wallsend play in Wallsend. Gateshead isn't exactly a short walk from Kahibah either. If they've got some money then why not rent St John's Oval on alternate weekends to the footy.

Premy
12-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Not something I can comment on but definitely a valid point. Cooks Hill play in Cooks Hill, Wallsend play in Wallsend. Gateshead isn't exactly a short walk from Kahibah either. If they've got some money then why not rent St John's Oval on alternate weekends to the footy.
Or better yet move the Cricket nets and storage facilities and lobby the council to build cover seating there. Whilst were on lobbing the Council, I wonder if the Council know how much they're paying their players whilst they have their hand out asking the Council for more money.

Sorry to waffle on but things like this really erk me. There are other clubs around Newcastle and Lake Macqurie that have kids playing on what can be best described as Carparks and need urgent money spent on them. Yet on the other foot you have Clubs that are paying people to play for them then they cry poor to the Council when it comes to upgrades.
It's an absolute joke if you ask me.

NewyTy
12-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Or better yet move the Cricket nets and storage facilities and lobby the council to build cover seating there. Whilst were on lobbing the Council, I wonder if the Council know how much they're paying their players whilst they have their hand out asking the Council for more money.

Sorry to waffle on but things like this really erk me. There are other clubs around Newcastle and Lake Macqurie that have kids playing on what can be best described as Carparks and need urgent money spent on them. Yet on the other foot you have Clubs that are paying people to play for them then they cry poor to the Council when it comes to upgrades.

I think money should be shared round more. Maybe the whole LMRFF could have been forgotten and that 12 million spread around the region's clubs. As someone who isn't involved in any board/council talks, I consider LMCC a lot more supportive of football then NCC. All Kahibah need IMO are covered seats and some better changerooms. And maybe take away a bit of the carpark up the far end and put in a little facility for the juniors/AA to use so we don't have AA teams trying to force away New-FM teams out of the sheds if they're on the same day. Also, on that, build some sort of temp fence/netting to separate the two grounds as no other grounds have Premier comp mixing it with Zone/AA on the same patch of grass at the same time.

namwob99
12-02-2016, 05:15 PM

+1

Why Blue
12-02-2016, 06:04 PM

Agreed 100%

What a massive advantage to Kahibah......just to try and get into NPL
What about CCB & Valo who are already in NPL ???

A quality facility given to a single club is huge, would he a significant advantage for recruitment and registrations.

What about Valo with highest junior registration in the NNSWF area, playing out of pretty ordinary facility at crowdace bay and scattered everywhere ??? And in NPL currently not trying to get in.....couple of mill would be massive for them

All for building new facilities and the Harold knight area is a great location but build a sports facility not just for soccer, but hockey, training facilities etc and council should own and operate, sports high could use, Kahibah, CCB could share, hockey clubs, netball

The thought of millions of public $$$ being spent on one club disgusts me

Premy
12-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Possibly I'm a little bias as just 2-3kms up the By-Pass from Harold Knight Oval I play for Garden Suburb.

Whilst our bottom ground isn't great and needs work it's at least playable.
However our top ground where majority of our Juniors play is a clay based nightmare. Our Cubs Junior numbers aren't huge but they're modest for the area and the Club is well run by sensible people. Yes we have a well established Zone League side but our Juniors are the most important commodity to our Club (I'm a Zone League player with no kids). If a brand new facility was built 2-3kms away from us I feel it could be the death knell of our Club, if you were a parent where would you want little Sue or Johny to play? A brand new facilitie or a Concrete like pitch?

To think Kahibah will have all this money/facility just handed to them after just a few years from when their groud gets refurbished makes me sick when I see kids playing football on the sad excuse LMCC call a football ground when we pay the same fees as everyone else.

Goatscheese
13-02-2016, 12:14 AM

That entire area will be developed, Southern Beaches had the higher ovals done and completed last year. Understand CCB are using one of the fields for training this year. Those fields look like a shit hole will be good to have them done up.

De-Champ
13-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Why don't Kahibah share Azzurri's ground.

newyjet
13-02-2016, 10:48 AM
I've heard a rumor that valo are also getting a hefty amount of cash from LMCC to upgrade the grounds at croudace bay, not sure how true it is tho..

newyjet
13-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Would that mean valo NPL should change to Belmont fc cause of where they play at Cahill oval?

Goatscheese
13-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Would that mean valo NPL should change to Belmont fc cause of where they play at Cahill oval?

The main difference is that not all the club plays out of Cahill unlike the apparent plan for Kahibah to move the entire club and play out of Mick Middleton

NUGUNS
13-02-2016, 03:59 PM
I believe this may be relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzrbp_WR8w

frankiechav
13-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Go Belswans, shame about the 23's and 1st grade coaches chucking it in a few weeks out. The boys out there are a great bunch and I hope they can lift coming into the new season. They are a growing club and it would be a shame if the great work that Brad 'shooter' Paul could not be built upon this coming season. Hopefully a local legend can rise up and salvage what could only be described as a nervous pre- season. I hope that Sancho has a few contacts.

hawk
14-02-2016, 12:14 PM
What about Valo with highest junior registration in the NNSWF area, playing out of pretty ordinary facility at crowdace bay and scattered everywhere ??? And in NPL currently not trying to get in.....couple of mill would be massive for them

The thought of millions of public $$$ being spent on one club disgusts me

for sure. need to spread the $ around

Not sure about the highest juniors. New Lambton has over a 1000. id like to see numbers from both. Its disappointing that junior clubs become that big when others close by struggle for numbers

Incognito
14-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Possibly I'm a little bias as just 2-3kms up the By-Pass from Harold Knight Oval I play for Garden Suburb.

Whilst our bottom ground isn't great and needs work it's at least playable.
However our top ground where majority of our Juniors play is a clay based nightmare. Our Cubs Junior numbers aren't huge but they're modest for the area and the Club is well run by sensible people. Yes we have a well established Zone League side but our Juniors are the most important commodity to our Club (I'm a Zone League player with no kids). If a brand new facility was built 2-3kms away from us I feel it could be the death knell of our Club, if you were a parent where would you want little Sue or Johny to play? A brand new facilitie or a Concrete like pitch?

To think Kahibah will have all this money/facility just handed to them after just a few years from when their groud gets refurbished makes me sick when I see kids playing football on the sad excuse LMCC call a football ground when we pay the same fees as everyone else.

Over the past few years significant upgrades have been completed in many LM grounds: Warners Bay, Lake Mac, Valentine, Redhead, Dudley, Kahibah, Belmont have all received drainage, resurfacing or upgraded facilities. Surely this must have been funded by the council. The ovals at Gateshead have been sitting all but dormant for 20 years since Charlestown Hotspur folded. Kahibah and Azzuri have used it in some capacity for training. I'd say council have been trying to better utilise the area and Kahibah have jumped at the chance.Personally I'd rather see Kahibah stay at Kahibah oval but they are a very ambitious club so good luck to them. If I were at GS I'd be asking within the club why your grounds haven't been upgraded.

cymonster
14-02-2016, 10:13 PM
I thought Kahibah would stay at Kahibah oval and just move the NewFM teams to the Gateshead.

Premy
15-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Over the past few years significant upgrades have been completed in many LM grounds: Warners Bay, Lake Mac, Valentine, Redhead, Dudley, Kahibah, Belmont have all received drainage, resurfacing or upgraded facilities. Surely this must have been funded by the council. The ovals at Gateshead have been sitting all but dormant for 20 years since Charlestown Hotspur folded. Kahibah and Azzuri have used it in some capacity for training. I'd say council have been trying to better utilise the area and Kahibah have jumped at the chance.Personally I'd rather see Kahibah stay at Kahibah oval but they are a very ambitious club so good luck to them. If I were at GS I'd be asking within the club why your grounds haven't been upgraded.
We at Garden Suburb had drainage installed by council before last season. We have a detailed plan in place for upgrades to our facilities and a team of people working on ways to funds those plans, of which applying for council funding is one of those.

My statement is Kahibah has had major works done to it facilities in the last 3 years at the cost to the Council. Now they again are rumored to be getting a large amount of funding spent on them again whilst other clubs urgent upgrades will go undone.
On top of the example of my Club I can think of half a dozen Clubs off the top of my head that could do with a fraction of the money it would cost to build this new facility at Gateshead.

GO AWAY
15-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Morissett 5 Toronto Awaba 2 in the Mikhail DeBastos Shield .....congrats Morissett

leftrightout
15-02-2016, 11:13 AM
We at Garden Suburb had drainage installed by council before last season. We have a detailed plan in place for upgrades to our facilities and a team of people working on ways to funds those plans, of which applying for council funding is one of those.

My statement is Kahibah has had major works done to it facilities in the last 3 years at the cost to the Council. Now they again are rumored to be getting a large amount of funding spent on them again whilst other clubs urgent upgrades will go undone.
On top of the example of my Club I can think of half a dozen Clubs off the top of my head that could do with a fraction of the money it would cost to build this new facility at Gateshead.

Perhaps this deserves its own thread but what clubs around do we think need something done the most?

Im thinking Cooks Hill Jnrs probably deserve something big in there (id assume player numbers are high) Stevenson park at mayfield, how is that these days? Barnsley Jnr & Snr clubhouses are tiny and terrible, Plattsburg park in the same boat... does anyone still play there?

Warners Bay and Morriset were also there but both being done now. So to Tarro Oval for Bero Jnrs.

boz-monaut
15-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Perhaps this deserves its own thread
I've been thinking this as well

hard to work out which posts to keep and which to move - only #61 and #72 seem to be on topic from this page

if someone wants to list the posts to move and suggest a better title than "Council funded facility upgrades" then I can do the admin work

Drunken ranger
15-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Perhaps this deserves its own thread but what clubs around do we think need something done the most?

Im thinking Cooks Hill Jnrs probably deserve something big in there (id assume player numbers are high) Stevenson park at mayfield, how is that these days? Barnsley Jnr & Snr clubhouses are tiny and terrible, Plattsburg park in the same boat... does anyone still play there?

Warners Bay and Morriset were also there but both being done now. So to Tarro Oval for Bero Jnrs.
Col. Curren is now baseball

scouser
15-02-2016, 01:44 PM

Valentine senior teams in the 2HD (NEWFM) comps before the merger with Phoenix were known as Valentine Belmont FC due to the Belmont Sporties Club backing (Belmont at the time had to be in the name - until of course as history will show - they got top level football back).

They also had to play in predominantly blue and gold. Because of this in the last season or two, they wore the orange/blue strip away and a gold(yellow)/blue strip at home

Thomas477
15-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I've been thinking this as well

hard to work out which posts to keep and which to move - only #61 and #72 seem to be on topic from this page

if someone wants to list the posts to move and suggest a better title than "Council funded facility upgrades" then I can do the admin work

How about "The Grounds Thread"? And don't move any posts, just kick off as any other thread.

sammydog
15-02-2016, 08:55 PM
for sure. need to spread the $ around

Not sure about the highest juniors. New Lambton has over a 1000. id like to see numbers from both. Its disappointing that junior clubs become that big when others close by struggle for numbers

The biggest issue I see is that as these "super clubs" attract more and more kids, the smaller clubs continue to get smaller.

In a small club like ours, you lose one or two kids from a particular age group to an A grade squad elsewhere or to an NPL type set up and often we cant attract replacement players and an entire team is lost. Some kids find new clubs with our help, others just cease to play football.

The long term result of this will be at some point small clubs won't be viable and there will be other sports lining up to take over the facilities.

Maybe there is too many junior clubs in too compressed an area, but there will be a downside to the bigger clubs cannibalising the smaller ones.

Goatscheese
15-02-2016, 09:12 PM
The biggest issue I see is that as these "super clubs" attract more and more kids, the smaller clubs continue to get smaller.

In a small club like ours, you lose one or two kids from a particular age group to an A grade squad elsewhere or to an NPL type set up and often we cant attract replacement players and an entire team is lost. Some kids find new clubs with our help, others just cease to play football.

The long term result of this will be at some point small clubs won't be viable and there will be other sports lining up to take over the facilities.

Maybe there is too many junior clubs in too compressed an area, but there will be a downside to the bigger clubs cannibalising the smaller ones.

The problem with some of these clubs taking so many kids is that you start getting to the stage where some clubs are fielding 3 teams in the one age group and if the age groups are small enough you start seeing clubs play against each other. On top of that these clubs are happy to take these players but the training area is small and a detriment and on top of that you see some of these junior teams playing late. Parents don't want their Saturday afternoon ruined because they have to hang around and wait for the game that kicks off at 2 and some of the fathers have their own games kicking off and are then forced to choose. The associations should be putting limits to the number of teams a club can field in each age group based on number of players in comp, ground availability and number of clubs willing to participate in those comps.

Thomas477
15-02-2016, 10:30 PM
I think for example, clubs like Merewether that only have 1 full sized ground for the size they are, need more looking after than clubs like Kahibah, New Lambton, Adamstown etc.

late_to_the_game
15-02-2016, 10:56 PM
I think for example, clubs like Merewether that only have 1 full sized ground for the size they are, need more looking after than clubs like Kahibah, New Lambton, Adamstown etc.

Thomas477 my new best friend :yay:

Dontknowmuch
16-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Charlestown City Blues have access to 2 fields with access for 12 months with facilities for 7 teams, Dudley seniors have 1 field for 3 teams with access for 12 months, Kahibah have access to 2 1/2 fields with facilities with access for 6 months for about 70 teams (4 newfm, 2 ZFL teams 15 all age/35s, 8 12/18 teams, 40 odd junior teams), Dudley juniors have equivilant of 2 1/2 fields for about 25 teams, Charlestown Juniors have 1 field for about 25 teams. Valentine have 3 1/2 grounds for 90 odd teams.

Its quite obvious Kahibah needs more fields with facilities and their not the only ones, all these ratios might not be completley accurate but they would be pretty close. It may not be a case of investing millions to help individual clubs it may be a case that we starting taking over established grounds with facilities that are under utilised such as Rugby League and Union grounds. Which may push clubs a little out of their area but something needs to be done if football participation numbers keep increasing for all clubs not just the big ones.

On the other hand if the council wants to put money into football clubs to provide better facilities and grounds then i'm all for it no matter what club gains benefit from it. They have done a lot of work at Warners Bay in the off season and i'm not sure what their new facility is going to be like or when it is going to be completed but i'm sure they deserve it and it will be good for football and any other sport that plays out of their.

We need to be not so narrow minded and jealous, if a club like Magic or Edgeworth worked hard and produced a magnificent facility whether they were given handouts or not, its good for football.

Goatscheese
16-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Thomas477 my new best friend :yay:

Go back to playing out of Adamstown #5 haha

Premy
16-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Charlestown City Blues have access to 2 fields with access for 12 months with facilities for 7 teams, Dudley seniors have 1 field for 3 teams with access for 12 months, Kahibah have access to 2 1/2 fields with facilities with access for 6 months for about 70 teams (4 newfm, 2 ZFL teams 15 all age/35s, 8 12/18 teams, 40 odd junior teams), Dudley juniors have equivilant of 2 1/2 fields for about 25 teams, Charlestown Juniors have 1 field for about 25 teams. Valentine have 3 1/2 grounds for 90 odd teams.

Its quite obvious Kahibah needs more fields with facilities and their not the only ones, all these ratios might not be completley accurate but they would be pretty close. It may not be a case of investing millions to help individual clubs it may be a case that we starting taking over established grounds with facilities that are under utilised such as Rugby League and Union grounds. Which may push clubs a little out of their area but something needs to be done if football participation numbers keep increasing for all clubs not just the big ones.

On the other hand if the council wants to put money into football clubs to provide better facilities and grounds then i'm all for it no matter what club gains benefit from it. They have done a lot of work at Warners Bay in the off season and i'm not sure what their new facility is going to be like or when it is going to be completed but i'm sure they deserve it and it will be good for football and any other sport that plays out of their.

We need to be not so narrow minded and jealous, if a club like Magic or Edgeworth worked hard and produced a magnificent facility whether they were given handouts or not, its good for football.
Not that I don't disagree with what you have to say somewhat, 3-4 years ago Kahibah had Major works done to its surface of 2 fields.
What they have at the moment is leaps and bounds better than what other clubs can offer. If this development is to go ahead I would not begrudge Kahibah one bit. However I will be seeking answer from the council as to why this project is to go ahead before other much needed projects.

sammydog
16-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Which may push clubs a little out of their area but something needs to be done if football participation numbers keep increasing for all clubs not just the big ones.

The thing is, I know of several smaller clubs that are not increasing, quiet the opposite, they are decreasing at a steady rate each season. Where the players are going, more so in the juniors than the seniors, is to the bigger clubs.

Now thats all well and fine, I have no gripes with players going to the better facilities, etc.

But, when these small clubs start folding, and I suspect it will happen to some of the smaller junior clubs, the facilities won't be taken by the big clubs, they will be lost to other sports. The AFL is desperate for playing fields. They are the ones likely to benefit from the change from a lot of small to mid sized clubs to a few mega sized clubs.

Premy,

Some of the criteria for spending on facilities, etc comes down to the amount of usage (there are other criteria, but I won't dissect those now). If there are multiple sports and a lot of people heading to the old Hotspurs grounds, then Council can justify the upgrade. It also depends how council is funding it. If it comes from s94 contributions as many upgrades do, it has to be spent in the area in which it was originally levied.

hawk
16-02-2016, 11:53 PM
The problem with some of these clubs taking so many kids is that you start getting to the stage where some clubs are fielding 3 teams in the one age group and if the age groups are small enough you start seeing clubs play against each other. On top of that these clubs are happy to take these players but the training area is small and a detriment and on top of that you see some of these junior teams playing late. Parents don't want their Saturday afternoon ruined because they have to hang around and wait for the game that kicks off at 2 and some of the fathers have their own games kicking off and are then forced to choose. The associations should be putting limits to the number of teams a club can field in each age group based on number of players in comp, ground availability and number of clubs willing to participate in those comps.

for sure

Its hard for clubs to retain kids and thus volunteers when "opportunities" seem bigger down the road.

Also, Didnt Merewether sell their ground to Olympic late 80's? They sold their chance

late_to_the_game
17-02-2016, 07:42 AM
How do you sell a council ground?

Goatscheese
18-02-2016, 12:05 AM
But, when these small clubs start folding, and I suspect it will happen to some of the smaller junior clubs, the facilities won't be taken by the big clubs, they will be lost to other sports. The AFL is desperate for playing fields. They are the ones likely to benefit from the change from a lot of small to mid sized clubs to a few mega sized clubs.

Which will be to the detriment of the bigger clubs and the sport when Aussie Rules starts getting bigger in the area and kids start flocking to the game. But I doubt anyone at these big clubs happy to take as many kids as possible can see or care about the long term results. Wonder what the associations think.

sammydog
18-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Which will be to the detriment of the bigger clubs and the sport when Aussie Rules starts getting bigger in the area and kids start flocking to the game. But I doubt anyone at these big clubs happy to take as many kids as possible can see or care about the long term results. Wonder what the associations think.

Every chance I get I let the association know our experiences.

To be honest, I don't know what can be done. I certainly don't have any solutions. It becomes a bit of a snow ball effect though, the bigger the club gets the more cash they have which translates into better facilities and often paid coaching directors. This in turn attracts more kids and on it goes.

I can see why parents go take their kids to these clubs. But I don't think it is in the long term best interest of the game locally.

Why Blue
18-02-2016, 12:49 PM
It's happening everywhere, sport, supermarkets, companies, schools............

It's they way of the times and we as consumers must want it as it continues to happen and the big are getting bigger

Governments want to save money and consolidation is quickest way to do that

Goatscheese
20-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Every chance I get I let the association know our experiences.

To be honest, I don't know what can be done. I certainly don't have any solutions. It becomes a bit of a snow ball effect though, the bigger the club gets the more cash they have which translates into better facilities and often paid coaching directors. This in turn attracts more kids and on it goes.

I can see why parents go take their kids to these clubs. But I don't think it is in the long term best interest of the game locally.

What can be done is by restricting the number of teams a club can have based on facilities, ground usage and the association can attempt to work with and help out those clubs that are struggling.

big jim
20-02-2016, 06:36 PM
What can be done is by restricting the number of teams a club can have based on facilities, ground usage and the association can attempt to work with and help out those clubs that are struggling.

Jeeze
I have a quick arvo knap and wake up in communist Russia

Retro Jet
21-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Jeeze

Pffft...there's nothing communist about Russia anymore, or China for that mater.

De-Champ
21-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Pffft...there's nothing communist about Russia anymore, or China for that mater.

seems to be on this forum though

Goatscheese
21-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Jeeze

One could say the fact that Northern and member associations have regulations at all would mean we are in Communist Russia.

In Soviet Russia, ball plays you.

sancho_theswan
28-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Results from trial matches at Blacksmiths today against Cessnock...
U/17's Belswans 2 - Cessnock 2
U/19's Belswans 1 - Jaffas 2
U/23's Belswans 2 - Cessnock 4
1st's Belswans 4 - Cessnock 1

Drunken ranger
28-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Results from trial matches at Blacksmiths today against Cessnock...
U/17's Belswans 2 - Cessnock 2
U/19's Belswans 1 - Jaffas 2
U/23's Belswans 2 - Cessnock 4
1st's Belswans 4 - Cessnock 1

What happened to Cessnock 19's ??

LongSufferingFan
01-03-2016, 03:47 PM
My tips for Round 1

Kahibah 1 to beat Cooks Hill 0
West Wallsend 2 to beat South Cardiff 0
Wallsend 5 to beat Toronto Awaba 0
Lake Macquarie City 4 to beat Belmont Swansea 0
Singleton 3 to beat Cessnock 1

Imyourhero
01-03-2016, 05:35 PM
My tips, no scores

Draw
Southy
Wallsend
Lakes
Draw

NewyTy
01-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm going with:

Cooks Hill 1-3 Kahibah FC
West Wallsend 2-1 South Cardiff
Cessnock City 0-3 Singleton
Toronto-Awaba 0-4 Wallsend
Lakes 3-1 Belswans

seldom
01-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Kahibah 2-1
Southy 3-1
Singleton 4-2
Wallsend 8-0
Lakes-Belswans 1 all

stopper2
03-03-2016, 11:26 AM
So what's the go this year with the NEW FM comp, as in why is there only 11 teams?
Surely another team could have been brought in to make it a 12-team comp?

Retro Jet
03-03-2016, 02:45 PM
So what's the go this year with the NEW FM comp, as in why is there only 11 teams?
Surely another team could have been brought in to make it a 12-team comp?

I reckon NNSWF are waiting to see how the chips will fall at the end of the season...or whenever the changes for 2017 NPL are
to be implemented.
There may be expressions of interest from Zone clubs then to make up 2 x 12 team comps.

The Postman
03-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I reckon NNSWF are waiting to see how the chips will fall at the end of the season...or whenever the changes for 2017 NPL are
to be implemented.
There may be expressions of interest from Zone clubs then to make up 2 x 12 team comps.

Week after NPL Grand Final all will be revealed. How many ZPL teams would get close to the Facility Requirements?

Newsfeed
03-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Wallsend
Lakes
Kahibah
Cooks Hill
Thornton
Southy
Singleton
West Wallsend
Belswans
Cessnock
Toronto

Retro Jet
04-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Jimmy James Testamonial
There will be a gathering of Breakers players and officials at the Cooks Hill v Kahibah games this Saturday 5th
in honour of Jimmy James: team manager of the Breakers and for a while the groundsman.
Please let anyone you know who was associated directly with the Breakers to come along and say g'day to Jimmy.
He'll be turning 93 later this year.

LongSufferingFan
04-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Wallsend
Lakes
Kahibah
Cooks Hill
Thornton
Southy
Singleton
West Wallsend
Belswans
Cessnock
Toronto

Premiership placings forecast:
1. Lake Macquarie City (reason: look to have more depth than last year)
2. Wallsend (reason: quality team that should finish at least as high as last seasons 3rd)
3. Singleton (reason: Improved a lot last year and think they can build further - big home advantage)
4. Kahibah (reason: strong defensively - will be hard to beat at home on the small field)
5. Cooks Hill (reason: I know Ty will disagree but will need to improve on trial form to make semis.)
6. South Cardiff (reason: been decimated after last seasons relegation - trial form has been poor)
7. Thornton (reason: handy team on their day but lack the quality of the higher teams)
8. West Wallsend (reason: Game revolves around 2 or 3 key players - injuries will hurt them as it did last year)
9. Belmont Swansea (reason: Questioning the player depth in the club with all the coaching disruptions)
10. Toronto (reason: pre season has been poor - no reason to think any improvement on last year)
11.Cessnock (reason: pre season has been poor - no reason to think any improvement on last year)

Of course - just my opinion. I am sure some of these teams will prove me wrong.

Stanley
04-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Premiership placings forecast:
1. Lake Macquarie City (reason: look to have more depth than last year)
2. Wallsend (reason: quality team that should finish at least as high as last seasons 3rd)
3. Singleton (reason: Improved a lot last year and think they can build further - big home advantage)
4. Kahibah (reason: strong defensively - will be hard to beat at home on the small field)
5. Cooks Hill (reason: I know Ty will disagree but will need to improve on trial form to make semis.)
6. South Cardiff (reason: been decimated after last seasons relegation - trial form has been poor)
7. Thornton (reason: handy team on their day but lack the quality of the higher teams)
8. West Wallsend (reason: Game revolves around 2 or 3 key players - injuries will hurt them as it did last year)
9. Belmont Swansea (reason: Questioning the player depth in the club with all the coaching disruptions)
10. Toronto (reason: pre season has been poor - no reason to think any improvement on last year)
11.Cessnock (reason: pre season has been poor - no reason to think any improvement on last year)

Of course - just my opinion. I am sure some of these teams will prove me wrong.

I think Southy will be further south than your predicted 6th

sancho_theswan
04-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Just pulled this off the Belswans web site. Doesn't appear to be too much wrong with the "player depth"??? Think that the coach leaving was probably a set back for a couple of weeks but the boys have won 3 trial games and an FFA Cup match since the guy bolted so things can't be too bad. Probably a couple of weeks under done??? Time will tell.

1st Grade Squad 2016
Mick Stafford (G/K)
Nick Popel (G/K)
Josh O’Bryan
Fletcher Price
Huey Price
Luke Cook
Jarred Noon
Joel Shearer (Club Captain)
Tim Schultz
Kyle Wilson
Josh Sutton
Josh Hall
Jamie Hadlow
Mitch Haasnoot
Mitch Maxton
Matt Carroll
Matt Ellis
Luke Lethbridge
Ben Cox
Haydon Hemson

Under 23's Squad 2016
Josh Stewart (G/K)
Mick Peachey (G/K)
Kurtis Budden
Robbie Cordwell (U/23’s Captain)
Tom Langdon
Mason Bahatko
Kurt Hodson
Ramon Dunn
James Youngberry
Will McMaster
Josh Garnsey
Blake Chapman

Apologies for the crap copy and paste haha!

LongSufferingFan
05-03-2016, 09:19 AM

Just pulled this off the Belswans web site. Doesn't appear to be too much wrong with the "player depth"??? Think that the coach leaving was probably a set back for a couple of weeks but the boys have won 3 trial games and an FFA Cup match since the guy bolted so things can't be too bad. Probably a couple of weeks under done??? Time will tell.
Apologies for the crap copy and paste haha!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Belswans do better than 9th. I like the club and think they add something special to NewFM. I don't know all the names on the Belswans lists but the ones I do know are rookies to first grade. Time will tell. Tough start for them with Lakes first up. If they can scrounge a result out or even a one to two goal loss then they should have a bright season.

Take your point that they should settle as the season goes on.

Love NewFM football... Looking forward to the weekend.

NewyTy
05-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Results from the AthField:

1st Grade: Cooks Hill 2-7 Kahibah
Under 23's: Cooks Hill 2-0 Kahibah
Under 19's: Cooks Hill 0-2 Kahibah
Under 17's: Cooks Hill 0-2 Kahibah

Absolute shocker from Cooks Hill. No excuses though...Kahibah were just too good. Defence left a bit to be desired for the Cookers but conceding seven on your home turf is pretty poor. Kahibah look quality in every grade (23's maybe not as much) and will be pushing for premierships all round IMO. The quality they've got in 19's and 17's is great for the future.

Some scores from Westy v South Cardiff as well: 17's: Westy 2-1, 19's: Westy 5-1, 23's: Southy 2-1 & 1st Grade: 2-1 Westy last I heard; kicked off at 5pm.

seldom
05-03-2016, 10:07 PM
7 against wow... Top 4 update Kahibah
Wallsend
Lakes
Belswans

NewyTy
05-03-2016, 10:15 PM
7 against wow... Top 4 update Kahibah
Wallsend
Lakes
Belswans

Belswans? Could very well happen but I reckon that fourth spot could go to a few teams. Belswans wouldn't be first to mind. Singleton, Thornton, even Westy. Top three looks set in stone. Kahibah could go all the way this year if they play their style and play at their best.

Also, Westy finished 3-2 over South Cardiff. Come from behind win for Westy. Hearing Southy still have one or two players that have signed up yet to debut (one being 1st grader from Wallsend if reports are right).

The Postman
06-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Toronto 1 - 3 Wallsend
Cessnock 2 - 2 Singleton
Lake Macquarie 5 - Belswans 1

sancho_theswan
06-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Results today from Macquarie Field.
U 17's Lakes 4-3.
U 19's Lakes 7-3.
U 23's Draw 0-0.
1st's Belswans 4-3.

NewyTy
06-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Wrap-up from Turner Park: (Cessnock v Singleton)

17's: 0-0 Draw
19's: 7-0 Singleton
23's: 0-0 Draw
1st Grade: 1-1 Draw

Pretty entertaining First Grade game. Cessnock's goal was a magnificent bicycle kick but slightly offside in my eyes. Both teams had chances that were wasted. Fair result.

sancho_theswan
12-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Results to today from Blackies Oval v's West Wallsend.
U/17'S... 1-2 Westy.
U/19's.... 2_1 Belswans.
U/23's.... 5 - 0 Belswans.
1st's....... 3- 1 Belswans.
Great results for the home club......1st's are undefeated, 23's yet to conceed a goal. Yep we're doing it tough down here. Lots issues?????

ForeverRed
13-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Go the gunners

boz-monaut
13-03-2016, 07:55 PM
what's the deal with all the 7-2 results?

weird

MattR48
13-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Hi all long time reader first time poster.
Was at Gunners vs Thornton game today due to long time Gunners supporter/original Southside member.
17s 4-1 (wasn't at game drinking breakfast beers)
19s 0-0 (from what I saw Southy dominated & were very unlucky, saw last 15 min)
23s/whatever they are (3-4 Thornton, good game to watch, Southy goalkeeper deserved players player from what I've seen the last few years.)
1st 1-0 Southy. I was really impressed by such a young team. From what I felt a lot of players had a desire to play for the shirt. I was really impressed by new signings Corey, Josh & number 10 (not 100% on names).
This 1st grade team will definitely turn a few heads this year & made me realise why I love the club so much.
The only downside for me was the fact an "apparent" life member turned up (& due to no circumstance of the club which was unable to sell any alcoholic beverages) left as soon as he found out this situation. If I had my way this person has no point being a life member as showing true commitment to this club.
Cheers hopefully will be able to bring you more updates from my beloved club & family friends who play in this competition but for different clubs.
MattR48

Retro Jet
13-03-2016, 08:32 PM
what's the deal with all the 7-2 results?

weird

Dunno Boz. 3 in 2 rounds is weird.

Just checked all the scores on SP and noticed something:
Can anyone from Belswans tell me how much longer they are going to put up with the 'S' word
in their name on Sporting Pulse? I wouldn't stand for it.

FC here:- http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-8304-113395-388820-24835870&clubID=113395
:thumbsup:

Facebook needs fixin' though...

NewyTy
13-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Dunno Boz. 3 in 2 rounds is weird.

Just checked all the scores on SP and noticed something:
Can anyone from Belswans tell me how much longer they are going to put up with the 'S' word
in their name on Sporting Pulse? I wouldn't stand for it.

FC here:- http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-8304-113395-388820-24835870&clubID=113395
:thumbsup:

Facebook needs fixin' though...

They got me to use the correct logo on all my stuff so you'd think they'd be onto it.

Jardelsimage
14-03-2016, 06:23 AM
Hi all long time reader first time poster.
Was at Gunners vs Thornton game today due to long time Gunners supporter/original Southside member.
17s 4-1 (wasn't at game drinking breakfast beers)
19s 0-0 (from what I saw Southy dominated & were very unlucky, saw last 15 min)
23s/whatever they are (3-4 Thornton, good game to watch, Southy goalkeeper deserved players player from what I've seen the last few years.)
1st 1-0 Southy. I was really impressed by such a young team. From what I felt a lot of players had a desire to play for the shirt. I was really impressed by new signings Corey, Josh & number 10 (not 100% on names).
This 1st grade team will definitely turn a few heads this year & made me realise why I love the club so much.
The only downside for me was the fact an "apparent" life member turned up (& due to no circumstance of the club which was unable to sell any alcoholic beverages) left as soon as he found out this situation. If I had my way this person has no point being a life member as showing true commitment to this club.
Cheers hopefully will be able to bring you more updates from my beloved club & family friends who play in this competition but for different clubs.
MattR48

No "apparent" mattr48, I am a life member, have been for a long time, and yes I left when told No beer, not so sure why no beer, but hey that's life.
That doesn't change how much I love the club, helped build it to where it is now, showing commitment just ask my wife, she will tell you about my commitment to the Gunners.
Just that on a very hot sunday afternoon after the wife lets me out to play, the choice of no beer in the sun or air con watching the mates play semis in the 4's, seemed an easy choice in the end, if you check another ex player left because of the same thing and around 10-12 stayed away because of this, but you attack me...
Bottom line is, sometimes, especially last year, a few beers on the hill, with a few mates, makes some ordinary football just that more bearable.
So big mouth, PM me, lets meet and discuss the in's and out's of the Gunners and you can tell me your involvement with the club and what you have done, so before you judge me, lets meet.
cheers cant wait for your updates......

Premy
14-03-2016, 06:43 AM
:popcorn:

cobra23
14-03-2016, 09:22 AM
No "apparent" mattr48, I am a life member, have been for a long time, and yes I left when told No beer, not so sure why no beer, but hey that's life.
That doesn't change how much I love the club, helped build it to where it is now, showing commitment just ask my wife, she will tell you about my commitment to the Gunners.
Just that on a very hot sunday afternoon after the wife lets me out to play, the choice of no beer in the sun or air con watching the mates play semis in the 4's, seemed an easy choice in the end, if you check another ex player left because of the same thing and around 10-12 stayed away because of this, but you attack me...
Bottom line is, sometimes, especially last year, a few beers on the hill, with a few mates, makes some ordinary football just that more bearable.
So big mouth, PM me, lets meet and discuss the in's and out's of the Gunners and you can tell me your involvement with the club and what you have done, so before you judge me, lets meet.

Your a goose. If i was affiliated with southy i would be ashamed if someone like you were or was involved with the club .:wanker::wanker: :popcorn:

MFKS
14-03-2016, 10:14 AM
FFS people.

Settle the **** down and leave the personal digs out.

ForeverRed
14-03-2016, 10:52 AM
lets concentrate on what was a great win by the gunners with a very young team, I'm told the alcohol issue is a miner one and will be sorted asap

MattR48
14-03-2016, 11:03 AM

If my opinion is an attack on you then ok.
You helped build the club to what it is now. Pretty sure that's the past.
My use of the term "apparent" life member was due to that you should know the emotions a club goes through gaining promotion, being relegated. After being relegated and losing most of last years team the club and players need the support of people like life members and old players there no matter what. I can imagine that it would feel like a pretty big kick in the guts for the committee that only 2 people from close to 15 that would normally turn up left due to them not being able to supply beer.
I'll see you at the next home game I can attend then yeah?

GO AWAY
14-03-2016, 11:15 AM
If my opinion is an attack on you then ok.
You helped build the club to what it is now. Pretty sure that's the past.
My use of the term "apparent" life member was due to that you should know the emotions a club goes through gaining promotion, being relegated. After being relegated and losing most of last years team the club and players need the support of people like life members and old players there no matter what. I can imagine that it would feel like a pretty big kick in the guts for the committee that only 2 people from close to 15 that would normally turn up left due to them not being able to supply beer.
I'll see you at the next home game I can attend then yeah?

I imagine it was a slip up by the committee who are obviously under the pump, and missed gaining a liquor licence in time ??? Maybe if more life members who are bestowed with such an honour, ( I would love to be made a life member of a football club ) were happy to come back and help the club out if capable when in southys position ( relegation ) , a liquor license would have been obtained, I know of a club who have several life members, who have nothing to do with said club anymore, but either choose to ignore or put there resources in to other clubs, or drink at local pubs full of opinions. Maybe BR or FR is more missed at southy then realised, if hes not there anymore. Minor slipup, im sure they will have beer next home game :). But yes if I was a life member of a club, I wouldn't leave or not attend because there was no beer there, but each to their own.

NearlyALegend
14-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Is there promotion this season?

Sir
14-03-2016, 05:11 PM

NPL - 1x Relegation
NEWFM - 1x Promotion, 0x Relegations
ZPL - 0x Promotion, 1x Relegations
ZPLx - 1x Promotion, 1x Relegations

I forget the source of that. Unsure if reliable.

football_macigian23
14-03-2016, 05:19 PM

No promotion this year as all NPL licenses are finishing this year. All interested clubs will have to apply for another 3 year NPL license. NNSWF want 12 team NPL and get rid of NewFM

Jardelsimage
14-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Your a goose. If i was affiliated with southy i would be ashamed if someone like you were or was involved with the club .:wanker::wanker: :popcorn:

love this shit. you can be ashamed all you like dick head, a goose, well you stuck your neck out stupid....

Have i done anything to be ashamed of, no, all this over my choice of not staying at the ground because the missus let me out to play, and I chose to go and have a couple of beers on a hot sunday arvo.(whole idea of being let out)
I think some people have jumped to a few conclusions, way to early.
cheers, cant wait for the next stage to develop.

oh forgot about this

mattr48 you should have left your opinion to yourself, I know all about emotions with Southy, been through it all and will continue to in the future.
Kick in the guts, well that happened last year on old boys day, when the committee didn't even acknowledge the old boys who turned up at club for the players player awards...do you want me to continue...and yes we still turned up for the next game...

MattR48
14-03-2016, 07:43 PM
love this shit. you can be ashamed all you like dick head, a goose, well you stuck your neck out stupid....

Have i done anything to be ashamed of, no, all this over my choice of not staying at the ground because the missus let me out to play, and I chose to go and have a couple of beers on a hot sunday arvo.(whole idea of being let out)
I think some people have jumped to a few conclusions, way to early.
cheers, cant wait for the next stage to develop.

oh forgot about this

mattr48 you should have left your opinion to yourself, I know all about emotions with Southy, been through it all and will continue to in the future.
Kick in the guts, well that happened last year on old boys day, when the committee didn't even acknowledge the old boys who turned up at club for the players player awards...do you want me to continue...and yes we still turned up for the next game...

Pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion, you have your opinion & express it so I can't? As Go Away said each to their own on what occurred and everyone will see it differently but I'm sticking with what I said.

Yeah I remember old boys day, I'm sure my big mouth and I will catch up with you,I'll try make sure the beers are cold if your allowed to come play.

namwob99
14-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion, you have your opinion & express it so I can't? As Go Away said each to their own on what occurred and everyone will see it differently but I'm sticking with what I said.

Yeah I remember old boys day, I'm sure my big mouth and I will catch up with you,I'll try make sure the beers are cold if your allowed to come play.
This is getting embarrassing. Exchange numbers and sort your shit out.

Ker-Plunk
14-03-2016, 08:04 PM
this is why southy are where they are today

boz-monaut
14-03-2016, 08:05 PM
take it to private messaging and delete your crap here

I can't be arsed cleaning up your embarrassing mess

and learn the difference between your and you're

Jardelsimage
14-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Well your getting a bit touchy now aren't we.....keep carrying on, I'm sure I will hear you and your big mouth on old boys day, might even let you get involved, you did play grade didn't you?
And as I said PM me and lets have beer, and I will be allowed to play, always allowed to play, don't you know the saying, happy wife, happy life......
PS I'm trying to do that Boz, he wont play

Goatscheese
14-03-2016, 08:21 PM

So we all meeting behind the bike sheds after school?

Goatscheese
14-03-2016, 08:26 PM
No promotion this year as all NPL licenses are finishing this year. All interested clubs will have to apply for another 3 year NPL license. NNSWF want 12 team NPL and get rid of NewFM

So top two promoted or will they go premiers and grand final winner with 2nd spot promoted if the same club?

Or will Northern just go whoever meets the criteria and which club they like the most will be promoted.

Why get rid of NewFM? Is Zone Premier good enough to be at the third tier?

football_macigian23
14-03-2016, 08:55 PM
So top two promoted or will they go premiers and grand final winner with 2nd spot promoted if the same club?

Or will Northern just go whoever meets the criteria and which club they like the most will be promoted.

There won't be any promotion.. You assume Lakes, Wallsend, South Cardiff??, Kahibah will all apply for NPL licenses then it is up to NNSWF to decide the 10/12 teams to play in the NPL.. Lakes could finish last but next year be in NPL because they've been granted a license.

It will be based on who can meet criteria.. If you don't meet it, you won't get an NPL license.

Northern don't really care about NewFM? If they get 12 NPL clubs that is all they want.. The remaining NewFM teams will have to go into the Zone leagues and wait 3 years before they apply for NPL licenses again

Bremsstrahlung
14-03-2016, 09:08 PM
If jets youth move to nsw NPL that means all 4 could go up

Goatscheese
14-03-2016, 09:22 PM
There won't be any promotion.. You assume Lakes, Wallsend, South Cardiff??, Kahibah will all apply for NPL licenses then it is up to NNSWF to decide the 10/12 teams to play in the NPL.. Lakes could finish last but next year be in NPL because they've been granted a license.

While it isn't called promotion you are being elevated to the highest local tier.

It will be based on who can meet criteria.. If you don't meet it, you won't get an NPL license.

And if there are more than 3-4 clubs that meet criteria and apply?

Northern don't really care about NewFM? If they get 12 NPL clubs that is all they want.. The remaining NewFM teams will have to go into the Zone leagues and wait 3 years before they apply for NPL licenses again

Giving little incentive for clubs but a degradation of the overall game isn't a concern to Northern

Is there a question about Northern not caring about NewFM?

The Postman
14-03-2016, 10:10 PM
The goal is for 2 -12 Team NPLs, will settle for any amount of teams from 10-24 and make divisions based off that

8 and 8
10 and 8
10 and 10
12 and 10

Still always for the option for a 2nd Division with no promotion and relegation for that 3 year period, and then we go through this process once again

Goatscheese
14-03-2016, 10:21 PM
The goal is for 2 -12 Team NPLs, will settle for any amount of teams from 10-24 and make divisions based off that

8 and 8
10 and 8
10 and 10
12 and 10

Still always for the option for a 2nd Division with no promotion and relegation for that 3 year period, and then we go through this process once again

Would have to be the only Federation in Australia without at least two top leagues that have promotion and relegation.

Bremsstrahlung
14-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Would have to be the only Federation in Australia without at least two top leagues that have promotion and relegation.

I think the idea was that there would be promotion/relegation between the top 2 competitions but not to the 3rd. So ideally all teams in top 2 divisions would have a NPL License (do they still accept "we have these plans if we get promoted") so we don't end up with a scenario where Lakes win NEWFM but don't have a NPL license so don't get promoted.

The idea i Imagine is to get a few more clubs up to scratch and improve the overall standard and facilities.

The Postman
14-03-2016, 11:20 PM
I think the idea was that there would be promotion/relegation between the top 2 competitions but not to the 3rd. So ideally all teams in top 2 divisions would have a NPL License (do they still accept "we have these plans if we get promoted") so we don't end up with a scenario where Lakes win NEWFM but don't have a NPL license so don't get promoted.

The idea i Imagine is to get a few more clubs up to scratch and improve the overall standard and facilities.

NNSW going to strong arm stubborn Councils to build a players race and upgrade lighting at several grounds around NewFM?

Shere Khan
14-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Yep councils across the Nnsw are just going to roll over and play nice because Nnsw said so.

MFKS
15-03-2016, 06:36 AM

Wouldn't if you removed the New FM from the equation and left it NPL then ZPL make the ZPL the 2nd tier or am I missing something here??

De-Champ
15-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't if you removed the New FM from the equation and left it NPL then ZPL make the ZPL the 2nd tier or am I missing something here??

The way I read postman's "post" is there is going to be NPL1 and NPL2, in essence the only change would be NEWFM changing its name to NPL2. ZPL will still be the "third tier"

amishpanda
15-03-2016, 09:19 AM
There is no guarantee of 2 competitions. The number and make-up of competitions will be determined by the number of clubs granted NPL licenses. The process from here on in is;

1. Clubs apply for an NPL license (based on selection criteria)
2. All clubs that adequately satisfy the criteria will be granted a license
3. The state of the competitions will be made up based on the number of clubs meeting criteria
4. If only 12 club meet the criteria, there will be a 12-team NPL1 and ZPL. If 16 clubs meet the criteria, there may be an 8-team NPL1, 8-team NPL2 and ZPL. In my opinion, there would have to be a minimum of 16 clubs with an NPL license to make it feasible to have an NPL1 and NPL2, however there are a number of possibilities.

Nnsw will not 'strong-arm' councils to build a player race. It will be a simple fact that if clubs do not implement a player race, they will not satisfy the criteria and will not be granted an NPL license. That a decision that clubs will have to make in consultation with councils. I think the player race criteria comes from FFA requirements, so I think complaining about Nnsw here is pointless.

Edit - further information: NNSW will no longer be accepting 'we have plans to xx, yy and zz'. The standard will be set and clubs will want to be compliant to have any chance of being granted an NPL license.

GO AWAY
15-03-2016, 09:42 AM

Lakes, Southy and even Cessnock, Belswans and Toronto would only ones meet ground criteria, excluding player races, latter four would fall over in the junior structure criteria. Kahibah ??? where they going to play from, surely couldn't submit Kahibah Oval or whatever it is as there ground ???? St Johns Oval ? Plus i'm not sure of a U13-14-15-17 structure there either ???? Might be wrong ?

NewyTy
15-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Lakes, Southy and even Cessnock, Belswans and Toronto would only ones meet ground criteria, excluding player races, latter four would fall over in the junior structure criteria. Kahibah ??? where they going to play from, surely couldn't submit Kahibah Oval or whatever it is as there ground ???? St Johns Oval ? Plus i'm not sure of a U13-14-15-17 structure there either ???? Might be wrong ?

Kahibah have A grade teams from 12's up but they are still working on a resolution on the ground. I've heard a cost that they'd have to pay to make Kahibah Oval reach standard and it's a huge figure. I'm keen to ask some questions to Northern about how this will all work. I feel like it's a step back if we get rid of the 2nd tier. If they make ZPL go down to 17's then maybe it could work but there's definitely some questions to be answered.

On the topic of player races, I was at Edgeworth on Saturday night and their player race doesn't have a gate like you'd see at Magic. Do they have to make the same standard or not? I'd love to see a list of the NPL requirements and I'm in the process of getting it off one of the NewFM clubs.

ForeverRed
15-03-2016, 11:12 AM

Junior structure at Southy is fine thanks,

NewyTy
15-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Just to add, I was chatting to Belswans about junior structure and they were confident Swansea's juniors would come over if there was a guaranteed higher division to play in. How would The Gardens go meeting requirements of NPL?

Bremsstrahlung
15-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Just to add, I was chatting to Belswans about junior structure and they were confident Swansea's juniors would come over if there was a guaranteed higher division to play in. How would The Gardens go meeting requirements of NPL?

Is there not already a higher division to play in?
Not sure how that would fare, as it seems more of a "If we get a license we will implement this" opposed to a "We currently have this, therefore are eligible for license".

I imagine the current clubs that hold NPL licenses will be reinstated?
So that is:
Magic, Olympic, Edgy, Weston, Maitland, Charlestown, Valentine, Adamstown, Lambton Jaffas, South Cardiff and Lakes. + Jets 12.
And NEWFM teams likely to apply? Wallsend, Kahibah, Belswans, Toronto, West Wallsend, Cooks Hill could all have a fair crack. So I think there will be at least 16 clubs.

Swanky
15-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I reckon the NNSW will take the tried and tested route

12 Team Comp
1 Adamstown
2 Broadmeadow
3 Charlestown
4 Edgeworth
5 Hamilton
6 Jets
7 Lakes
8 Lambton
9 Maitland
10 South Cardiff
11 Valentine
12 Weston

They will then give other clubs 3 years to get up to scratch to make a NPL Division 2
Clubs I would think that may want to pursue this and get there grounds up to scratch
Cooks Hill, Kahibah, Wallsend + whoever else has the drive to join NPL

NewyTy
15-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I reckon the NNSW will take the tried and tested route

12 Team Comp
1 Adamstown
2 Broadmeadow
3 Charlestown
4 Edgeworth
5 Hamilton
6 Jets
7 Lakes
8 Lambton
9 Maitland
10 South Cardiff
11 Valentine
12 Weston

They will then give other clubs 3 years to get up to scratch to make a NPL Division 2
Clubs I would think that may want to pursue this and get there grounds up to scratch
Cooks Hill, Kahibah, Wallsend + whoever else has the drive to join NPL

This I agree with. If we have to go with NPL2 clubs should be given two or three years to get it together.

LongSufferingFan
15-03-2016, 01:43 PM
I like your idea Swanky of having a Provisional NPL license that gives Clubs a guaranteed start in 2020 provided they meet improvements to facilities, juniors etc as they promise in their applications (thinking Kahibah, Wallsend, Toronto, Belswans, Beresfield, Cooks Hill, Morriset, perhaps even Singleton) however I don't believe you are thinking broadly enough.

My mail is that Mid North Coast and Tamworth want to apply for NPL licenses as well. If you add these two to the current 12 clubs then you almost have NPL1 and NPL2 now.

ForeverRed
15-03-2016, 02:56 PM
MNC will definetly be in I'm told

Beast
15-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Didnt Southy disband their junior teams. So other than holding a licence and not currently meeting requirements, what puts them in a better position than other newfm clubs?
Struggle to see why they should be offered position over other clubs who have ties with junior clubs, wouldnt this hold more weight in the ctireria calcs?

big jim
15-03-2016, 04:27 PM
MNC will definetly be in I'm told

Good, give the local kids a team to aspire to
Ridiculous that they have NPL Youth for 4 years than turn them out into a local comp that is even lower std than New FM
And bring in New England as well, all kids in NNSWF area should have same opportunity

Goatscheese
15-03-2016, 09:28 PM

A-league is the first tier, NPL the second and ZPL the third. Currently NewFM is the third tier.

Goatscheese
15-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Kahibah have A grade teams from 12's up but they are still working on a resolution on the ground. I've heard a cost that they'd have to pay to make Kahibah Oval reach standard and it's a huge figure. I'm keen to ask some questions to Northern about how this will all work. I feel like it's a step back if we get rid of the 2nd tier. If they make ZPL go down to 17's then maybe it could work but there's definitely some questions to be answered.

Like why Northern only want to focus on one area and ignore anything below the NPL and not worry about the skill level.

On the topic of player races, I was at Edgeworth on Saturday night and their player race doesn't have a gate like you'd see at Magic. Do they have to make the same standard or not? I'd love to see a list of the NPL requirements and I'm in the process of getting it off one of the NewFM clubs.

It's like Adamstown Oval sure there is direct path from the changerooms to the field but I don't even recall that there was and fencing.

I'm sure someone will come along and say there is, which is fine I just don't remember seeing it, not that it is something I look at.

Goatscheese
15-03-2016, 09:34 PM
This I agree with. If we have to go with NPL2 clubs should be given two or three years to get it together.

They should say that to NewFM clubs and Zone league clubs that might want to make the jump. You have three years to get your house in order and then we will change it not this we are doing it next season.

It can take up to a year to get permission off some councils to be able to start building new structures and another year to get enough funds.

sancho_theswan
19-03-2016, 07:44 PM
So, for anyone who cares…..
Results today from Blackies Oval.
U/17's 2-1 Belswans
U/19's 7-0 Belswans
U/23's 4-1 Belswans
1st's 3-2 Belswans.

NewyTy
19-03-2016, 08:05 PM
So, for anyone who cares…..
Results today from Blackies Oval.
U/17's 2-1 Belswans
U/19's 7-0 Belswans
U/23's 4-1 Belswans
1st's 3-2 Belswans.

I care. Another quality set of results for you blokes. Couldn't ask for a better start to the year.

Results at Westy v Lakes were:
17's: Lakes 3-1
19's: Westy 3-1
23's: Lakes 2-0
1st Grade: Draw 0-0

Have been told fairly even game but Westy deserved the points, even with ten men on the field. Great day for Belswans; now five points clear of Lakes.

hawk
19-03-2016, 10:33 PM
never a dull moment with the fking around of our tiered football structure. wish these egomanics would settle on on a specific structure and leave it for a while

And make it so that teams have an achievable chance of satisfying the criteria should they earn a chance. players race? what a joke

amishpanda
21-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Look at it this way;

NNSW is a football federation for this area responsible for administering the game under the FFA. We are putting teams into a national competition (FFA Cup), which may require an a-league team to visit a local Newcastle club to play. Under the FFA requirements, grounds need to conform to a set of standards to satisfy the FFA that our grounds are adequate for an a-league team to play in. They currently do not, with some facilities able to be labelled as embarrassing.

Player races seem to be the hot topic. Player races are required for player and official safety after games under FFA requirements. This is just NNSW telling our top clubs to get their shit in order so that we don't look like a bunch of mugs on the national stage, I'm guessing. I'm willing to bet the same people that are complaining about player races are the same people that complain that Broadmeadow and Edgy getting all the big games in town, with no thought to the fact that the facilities we are providing to teams travelling in a national competition are woeful or unsafe. If I was NNSW, I'd be dead before seeing a team from another federation play at Kahibah or Valentines current facility.

Clubs have had two or three years to get it together. They've known that the criteria would be tightening up for some time. They also have two or three years to get it together...while they play in ZPL. NPL licenses are only current for three years. Clubs will have to re-apply in three years time from my understanding. In any case, I see there being an NPL 1 & 2 with promotion between them. Promotion to NPL every three years.

zzzzzzzzzz
21-03-2016, 02:50 PM
pretty sure that player races are now off the criteria. . .

namwob99
21-03-2016, 04:45 PM
I find it funny that player races are mentioned as a prerequisite to get in NPL, yet at most grounds that I remember the players have to walk through the crowd to get to their allocated warm up areas.

Ker-Plunk
21-03-2016, 07:45 PM
I would like to see how the jets or ccm go if they had to spend on maintaining and improving their own facility .

ForeverRed
21-03-2016, 08:19 PM
I find it funny that player races are mentioned as a prerequisite to get in NPL, yet at most grounds that I remember the players have to walk through the crowd to get to their allocated warm up areas.
Or in one case leave the facility all together

hawk
21-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Player races seem to be the hot topic. Player races are required for player and official safety after games under FFA requirements. .
Of course we have to follow the rules but

In the name of safety? people who can throw a bottle on the race can throw one over a fence where the field in 1m away. If anything they need soft surface from the sheds to the field so players are protected from slipping over. Change sheds, field size, pitch quality, juniors, a grand stand and canteen are the real issues imo.

anyway, I hope more teams get the facilities needed to enable more teams and better comps at the top end.

Zico
22-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Of course we have to follow the rules but

In the name of safety? people who can throw a bottle on the race can throw one over a fence where the field in 1m away. If anything they need soft surface from the sheds to the field so players are protected from slipping over. Change sheds, field size, pitch quality, juniors, a grand stand and canteen are the real issues imo.

anyway, I hope more teams get the facilities needed to enable more teams and better comps at the top end.
It's a simple case of if you want the big games as in the FFA Cup Fox games then the 1 and only thing that's stopping clubs is the quality of their lighting system. Get the lights get the big games.

amishpanda
22-03-2016, 04:48 PM

You don't head to the warm-up area after you double peg some bloke on the pitch or have an altercation on the field, causing the crowd to want to get involved.

namwob99
22-03-2016, 08:00 PM
You don't head to the warm-up area after you double peg some bloke on the pitch or have an altercation on the field, causing the crowd to want to get involved.
Yep true because the metre high fence and the amount of security around the ground will stop them.

RAM
23-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Yep true because the metre high fence and the amount of security around the ground will stop them.

NewyTy
23-03-2016, 07:20 PM
With the Wallsend Derby on Friday I decided to make a short video about the history of the fixture. I know there's a couple blokes on here who don't do Facebook so mainly putting it here in case they want to see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzL3ReNRjI&feature=youtu.be

As for this week, might as well do tips now.

Wallsend to beat Westy
Lakes to beat Thornton
Kahibah to beat Southy
Belswans to beat Singo
Cooks Hill to beat Cessnock

Not sure on scores yet. Haven't put that much thought into it yet.

MFKS
25-03-2016, 05:00 PM
FT Wallsend 3-2 over Westy

Wallsend opened up a 2-0 lead in the first half only for Westy to level it with 2 goals in a short time in the first half to take us to 2-2 at the break

Wallsend scored with about 25 to go and held on from there

May sound like a good game but to be honest was pretty mundane affair

ForeverRed
25-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Gunners down 3 nil today v Kahibah, my first sight of the very very young gunners team this season and was very impressed, down 2 nil at half time and then down to 10 men not long after they showed great courage and created most opportunities during the second half and deserved a goal at least, Kahibah scored their third very late on, can honestly say these young lads will be a big force in coming weeks if they can keep that effort up, as for Kahibah although missing Sean clerke, they can forget about winning anything this year on that performance, teams playing with a deep sweeper went out years ago Andre, very boring stuff

Ker-Plunk
25-03-2016, 09:28 PM
entertaining football or win the game , really a no brainer . was it boring stuff because your very , very, very , very , young team couldn't score . to be honest not much entertainment has come out of southy teams for many seasons now . glad they had beers at ground , saved us all a 3 page knife fight over it .

NewyTy
25-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Scores from Lakes v Thornton:

17's-7-1 Lakes
19's-3-2 Thornton
23's-5-1 Lakes
1st-8-3 Lakes

Lakes seem to have returned to their free-scoring form. Sam Walker got a hat-trick, Blake Green got a hat-trick. Solid win. Surprising result in the 19's I must mention.

And to MFKS, I too was at Wallsend derby. Have to agree. Because it was a derby the goals felt just that little bit more important but everything else was lacklustre. West Wallsend didn't show enough urgency for my liking.

stopper2
26-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Gunners down 3 nil today v Kahibah, my first sight of the very very young gunners team this season and was very impressed, down 2 nil at half time and then down to 10 men not long after they showed great courage and created most opportunities during the second half and deserved a goal at least, Kahibah scored their third very late on, can honestly say these young lads will be a big force in coming weeks if they can keep that effort up, as for Kahibah although missing Sean clerke, they can forget about winning anything this year on that performance, teams playing with a deep sweeper went out years ago Andre, very boring stuff

The results haven't been forthcoming but they will get better as the season progresses and probably won't really start gelling till the second half of the season. Packer is a good, young coach who at least is trying to get Southy to play football, unlike some other teams.

frankiechav
28-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Up the Belswans...all 4 grades winning again this weekend, it certainly was a 'good' Friday

sancho_theswan
29-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Up the Belswans...all 4 grades winning again this weekend, it certainly was a 'good' Friday

Pizza sessions.....
Should be some really good games against a tough Kahibah club this week. Also, the games have been moved from Kahibah to Blacksmiths on Saturday due to some ground seeding taking place at Kahibah.

Retro Jet
01-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Accolades to Newy Ty for his Bookface post (https://www.facebook.com/NewySports/) today.
Many rofls ensued :rof:

NewyTy
01-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Accolades to Newy Ty for his Bookface post (https://www.facebook.com/NewySports/) today.
Many rofls ensued :rof:

Still people falling for it. And lol at Bookface. If only I could be as funny as you Retro. :lol:

Retro Jet
01-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Still people falling for it. And lol at Bookface. If only I could be as funny as you Retro. :lol:

Mate, the art of a good April fools joke is to make it at least vaguely plausible.
You did that today. Got a few club stalwarts with it too...so to to you I tip my hat.

If I had seen it well before 12 (I'm an AFD purist) I would have circulated it amongst the various committees too.
See who else would have fallen for it: hook, line and sinker.
Great arvo. Still laughing about it....

Bookface? You should know by now that I rarely have a straight name for anything. :tongue:
Not a huge fan of it but it has it's place I guess.

KUTGW

boz-monaut
01-04-2016, 07:33 PM
kudos to Ty for the April fools - I was suckered in totally, was just about to call Retro to ask what the hell was going on after all these years and all the work we had done at the Athfield, until Batman's bookface post tipped me off

so that's three April fools I've fallen for today - one was a friend's pregnancy announcement, the other was the egg falling off the nest at the art gallery

NewyTy
02-04-2016, 07:23 AM
kudos to Ty for the April fools - I was suckered in totally, was just about to call Retro to ask what the hell was going on after all these years and all the work we had done at the Athfield, until Batman's bookface post tipped me off

so that's three April fools I've fallen for today - one was a friend's pregnancy announcement, the other was the egg falling off the nest at the art gallery

I really enjoyed the egg one. Originally I was going to do a player announcement but didn't know which club. Thought I'd do something a bit better but believable and Cooks Hill was the best way to go seeing as I'm part of the club. Got a few people around the competition.

Next year it'll be a heritage round game at National Park with the old logo and those horrible SSL (think that was the brand) kits from the late 90's.

Back on topic, I've tipped Belswans to win the top of the table game v Kahibah today. Really keen to see them play.

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I really enjoyed the egg one. Originally I was going to do a player announcement but didn't know which club. Thought I'd do something a bit better but believable and Cooks Hill was the best way to go seeing as I'm part of the club. Got a few people around the competition.

Next year it'll be a heritage round game at National Park with the old logo and those horrible SSL (think that was the brand) kits from the late 90's.

Back on topic, I've tipped Belswans to win the top of the table game v Kahibah today. Really keen to see them play.

For some reason, SSI/L strips were iconic. The whole Adidas wanna be 2/3diagonal lines on the shorts, and shirts. Ahhhh man. Good old days.
Do any teams still play with this kit? One of the itchiest strips I've played in.

boz-monaut
02-04-2016, 07:49 AM
I still have a bunch of these ugly, large, poor quality kits in a bag in my attic - we could do a photo shoot of current players wearing them

NewyTy
02-04-2016, 07:45 PM
For some reason, SSI/L strips were iconic. The whole Adidas wanna be 2/3diagonal lines on the shorts, and shirts. Ahhhh man. Good old days.
Do any teams still play with this kit? One of the itchiest strips I've played in.

I know Bolwarra Lorn ZL3 use old school shorts and Lambton AA and juniors have them still. Maybe some others around.

sancho_theswan
02-04-2016, 08:05 PM
As predicted.... it was always going to be a big day against a veey strong Kahibah FC outfit.
The results are as follows:
U/17's... 1-1.
U/19's... 2-3.
U/23's... 3-2.
1st's....... 2-2.

Some great games today, but how about the toughness of the 1st grade boys. Down 2-0 at half time, got the next 2 goals and should have had a few more.
The score flattered Kahibah FC.....

The Postman
02-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Southy - Toronto
17s 0-1
19s 5-1
23s 2-0
1sts 1-2

mervan
02-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Southy - Toronto
17s 0-1
19s 5-1
23s 2-0
1sts 1-2

Good win by the stags away from home, two on the trot

Retro Jet
03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I wonder how many U17s turned up to their respective games and had an hour
to twiddle their thumbs this morning? :grin:

ranger
03-04-2016, 06:15 PM
I know Bolwarra Lorn ZL3 use old school shorts and Lambton AA and juniors have them still. Maybe some others around.

Bolwarra Lorn ZL3 play in a sublimated kit. Brown's a tough colour to get nike or adidas to supply a strip. We play 6-a-side in a 15 year old SSI strip which was quality to play in. Collars and 3 quarter sleeves.

NewyTy
03-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I wonder how many U17s turned up to their respective games and had an hour
to twiddle their thumbs this morning? :grin:

C'mon Retro, they've all got iPhones that update nowadays. **mod snip**

As for results today, Wallsend won 2-0 in Firsts over Cessnock. A forgettable game, Wallsend not at their best. 23's ended 3-2 to Cessnock, game of the day and heated affair. 19's finished Wallsend 2-0 and 17's finished Wallsend 1-0. Good to see the Wallsend 19's win after a tonne of injuries to start the year.

Other results:

Singleton v Lakes, Lakes won 17's 2-0, 19's finished 1-1, 23's finished 4-1 to Lakes and the Roosters won First Grade 6-0 over Singo.

Thornton v Westy, Thornton won 17's 3-2, Westy won 19's 7-1, 23's finished 3-1 to Thornton and Firsts was 3-2 to Thornton.

mervan
09-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Belswans 0 Toronto 0

Both teams had there chances, belswans dominated possession but couldn't get through, must have 15 corners, even with the help of the local ref.

Retro Jet
09-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Cooks Hill v Sth Cardiff
Athfield (aka TimeRite Stadium)

1st C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 0 (0-0)
23s C/Hill 4 v Sth Cardiff 0 (1-0)
19s C/Hill 2 v Sth Cardiff 1 (1-0)
17s C/Hill 4 v Sth Cardiff 1 (0-1)

outsider
10-04-2016, 04:44 PM
LAKES V KAHIBAH LAKES CLEAN SWEEP

1st 3-2 Kahibah missed PK
23 3-1
19 4-1
17 4-1

furns
10-04-2016, 05:01 PM
After being contacted by a club referred to in discussions in this thread, I have removed portions & posts regarding the topic.
An erroneous assumption was made initially, and I would remind everyone in the local football forum what has happened in the past when people have posted incorrect information regarding clubs & individuals in regards to serious incidents. You may not realise it, but you are opening this site up to legal action regarding defamation.

I would urge all users to consider this when posting similar "inside" info.
Cheers

Ker-Plunk
15-04-2016, 08:24 PM
wow , that killed the conversation . not much interest in this comp

outsider
17-04-2016, 04:48 PM
LAKES V TORONTO-ANOTHER CLEAN SWEEP FOR LAKES

U17 4-0
U19 6-0
U23 3-0
1st 6-0

ForeverRed
17-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Gunners 2,1 over Cessnock

BP Super Dynamos
17-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Thornton 4-0 over Singo

NewyTy
17-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Crazy day up at Singleton. 17's finished 3-2 to Thornton, a quality game. 19's was 4-1 to Singleton over a Thornton side with 12 U17's players in the 16-man squad. Then biblical rain hit Howe Park and the 23's was canned due to waterlogged pitch and lightning. Can't remember seeing a ground flood so quickly. Somehow the water on the ground cleared up a bit and First Grade went ahead. A Thornton side with a couple handy players out too good for a lacklustre Singleton.

The Postman
17-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Heard today that Brandon Lundy is on his way to Kahibah, grain of salt obviously

onlooker
24-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Thornton lead Kahibah 2-1 at half time

onlooker
24-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Thornton V Kahibah
U/23's 0-3
First 3-1

Retro Jet
24-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Singleton v Wallsend washed out today? Really??
How much rain did you get up there cause BOM is showing 3/5ths of 5/8ths of stuff all!
11mm at Pokolbin and 16mm at Tangory Mountain is a close as I can get to a reasonable fall
anywhere vaguely in the area...both on Saturday. :blush:

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN60169.html

NewyTy
24-04-2016, 09:22 PM
How much rain did you get up there cause BOM is showing 3/5ths of 5/8ths of stuff all!
11mm at Pokolbin and 16mm at Tangory Mountain is a close as I can get to a reasonable fall

I've heard it was pretty flooded and I saw on storm chaser Facebook they got a fair bit on Friday arvo. I'm becoming a weather expert nowadays. Was telling the guys in my team our game would be off on Thursday before any of the rain started. Singleton have a cricket pitch which makes it hard and it poured last week.

Also, for those who haven't seen the results from Macquarie Field today:

U17's: Lakes 3-2 Cooks Hill (two teams bound for finals, Lakes the better one on the day but even a Lakes official said the Cookers were their best opponent yet.)
U19's: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (fairly even game, scrappy from both sides, stop-start affair, settled with the last kick of the game)
U23's: Lakes 0-2 Cooks Hill (solid result for the visitors over a previously unbeaten side)
1sts: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (admittingly have my Cookers cap on but a couple of controversial calls/lack of calls inside the box, could have gone either way, Lakes would have played better games)

leftrightout
24-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Friday arvo was crazy in singo. There was flash flooding everywhere. It really doesn't surprise me games were off this weekend. The storm that came through was pretty amazing!

EH9
25-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Gotta love a mid week trip to Singo for a catch up game!

Sideline
25-04-2016, 02:25 PM
I've heard it was pretty flooded and I saw on storm chaser Facebook they got a fair bit on Friday arvo. I'm becoming a weather expert nowadays. Was telling the guys in my team our game would be off on Thursday before any of the rain started. Singleton have a cricket pitch which makes it hard and it poured last week.

Also, for those who haven't seen the results from Macquarie Field today:

U17's: Lakes 3-2 Cooks Hill (two teams bound for finals, Lakes the better one on the day but even a Lakes official said the Cookers were their best opponent yet.)
U19's: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (fairly even game, scrappy from both sides, stop-start affair, settled with the last kick of the game)
U23's: Lakes 0-2 Cooks Hill (solid result for the visitors over a previously unbeaten side)
1sts: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (admittingly have my Cookers cap on but a couple of controversial calls/lack of calls inside the box, could have gone either way, Lakes would have played better games)

Agree Newyty cookers were unlucky not to get a result in all grades in my opinion. Lakes look strong in all grades could of been another clean sweep for them if they had someone that could put the ball away in 23s from my count we had about 3 good chances and scored 2 lakes would of had upwards of 20 i reckon.

1sts could of went either way lakes seem to be a little more switched on for the majority of the match but there was not much in it.

GO AWAY
27-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Big wins for Thornton and Cessnock on weekend, what's going on at Kahibah, was my pick to win or go close to winning the comp, still might but I expected them further up the table at this point ?

LongSufferingFan
27-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Big wins for Thornton and Cessnock on weekend, what's going on at Kahibah, was my pick to win or go close to winning the comp, still might but I expected them further up the table at this point ?

You are a harsh critic GO AWAY.
Kahibah are entrenched in the top four with a game in hand of the top two - what more do you want?
No-one is going to run away with the comp, the teams are too even across the board for that.

In fact, this is the closest NewFM comp I can remember across all grades.
No real standout teams in any grade with the exception of Lakes in the 17s.

Every game I have attended this year I have seen competitve matches in every grade. I is great for the competition.

Retro Jet
27-04-2016, 04:13 PM
4 outta 5 games on A-LEague GF day. :(
Bummer...if yer interested in it that is.
Lucky Cookers, Westy n Belmont.
The 2nd half is still there to be viewed.

Were there requests to have KO times or days changed?
Message came in today from NNSWF keeping the status quo.

GO AWAY
27-04-2016, 04:15 PM
You are a harsh critic GO AWAY.
Kahibah are entrenched in the top four with a game in hand of the top two - what more do you want?
No-one is going to run away with the comp, the teams are too even across the board for that.

In fact, this is the closest NewFM comp I can remember across all grades.
No real standout teams in any grade with the exception of Lakes in the 17s.

Every game I have attended this year I have seen competitve matches in every grade. I is great for the competition.

Yeah agreed, I am abit harsh haha, only because they were my pick to win it, definitely didn't expect Thornton to beat them that's all, long way to go.

Thomas477
27-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Would've thought the team's would've picked up on it being GF day when the draw was released yonks ago and made a request to change then.

onlooker
27-04-2016, 05:50 PM

Hope u didn't watch Kahibah play at Thornton. Thornton was the only team trying to play football that day. Kahibah sat back and try'd to play the counter attack but lacked direction at times and punch in the final third.

LongSufferingFan
28-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Hope u didn't watch Kahibah play at Thornton. Thornton was the only team trying to play football that day. Kahibah sat back and try'd to play the counter attack but lacked direction at times and punch in the final third.

No I didn't. I don't go as far as Thornton on my holidays...

Saw Kahibah play Belswans though and thought that was very competitive from two teams that will be thereabouts at the end of the season.

GO AWAY
28-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Baillie still coaching Singleton ?

ranger
28-04-2016, 09:45 AM

Nope, Dave Willoughby is now I think

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-04-2016, 02:43 PM

I believe he is now at University ZPL.

Goatscheese
28-04-2016, 07:57 PM

For NPL and WPL Northern did let clubs know that if both clubs agreed then kick off times for games could be moved forward to ensure players were able to watch the GF. Not sure if they extended that to NEWFM but if they did obviously at least one team in each fixture declined, or the clubs never got back to Northern in time.

dan
29-04-2016, 12:05 AM
The courtesy was extended to NewFM clubs, I spoke to people from both clubs in our fixture and we both decided to keep the times as normal.

hawk
29-04-2016, 08:37 AM

these games will be better than the gf anyway

BP Super Dynamos
01-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Thornton beat Toronto 6-2 in firsts today

The Cookaburra Kid
03-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Toronto seem to be struggling with results the past 3 weeks, lakes westy and now Thornton?

any predictions out there? current top 4 looks set just a matter of who finishes 1-4

BigSam
03-05-2016, 03:56 PM
yeah from what I can see the top 4 are locked in... Kahibah have a good squad and some good names, and the exp of wallsend will be key like last year!

Relegation battle- Toronto possibly and maybe Cessnock? both 4 teams all seem the same

LongSufferingFan
03-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Toronto seem to be struggling with results the past 3 weeks, lakes westy and now Thornton?

any predictions out there? current top 4 looks set just a matter of who finishes 1-4

I'll have a go. In order:

1. Lakes
2. Kahibah
3. Belswans
4. Cookers

Reason for leaving out Wallsend is I haven't been impressed with them this year.
They haven't been able to repeat their form of last year - a draw against struggling Southy at home underlines my point.
There next three games are crucial - lose all three and they drop out of the top four.
Singo at Singo wednesday night
Kahibar at Kahibar on Sunday
Belswans at the dog track sunday week.

BigSam
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM

1. Lakes
2. Kahibah
3. Belswans
4. Cookers

Reason for leaving out Wallsend is I haven't been impressed with them this year.
They haven't been able to repeat their form of last year - a draw against struggling Southy at home underlines my point.
There next three games are crucial - lose all three and they drop out of the top four.

fair call! wallsend have the players to win on the day IMO

cookers in the top 4 though? reasons?

sitting in 6th at present? seemed to stop the goals leaking at the back going on a few recent results! And apparently was a good hit out when they played lakes

onlooker
03-05-2016, 06:17 PM
I must have watched a different Kahibah or they were missing players because the game I watched against Thornton there is no way I would have said they would be a top 4 team. Maybe Thornton played out of their skins that day I'm not sure but Kahibah never looked in it.

The Postman
03-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Except pretty much Lakes, any team on their day can beat almost every other team, the table might not show it but it is one of the closest NewFM in years.

Premy
03-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Relegation battle- Toronto possibly and maybe Cessnock? both 4 teams all seem the same
Have I missed something?

ForeverRed
03-05-2016, 08:27 PM

1. Lakes
2. Kahibah
3. Belswans
4. Cookers

Or maybe south Cardiff are improving, why would you rate kahibah after being belted by Thornton then a last minute winner against singleton, not much form there

The Postman
03-05-2016, 08:54 PM
yeah from what I can see the top 4 are locked in... Kahibah have a good squad and some good names, and the exp of wallsend will be key like last year!

Only relagation battle is happening off the field with clubs applying for the NPL restructure.

BigSam
04-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Only relagation battle is happening off the field with clubs applying for the NPL restructure.

Will results be taken into account?

dan
04-05-2016, 08:52 AM
From my understanding results will not be taken into account at all, meeting the criteria put forward by Northern is the main objective for clubs to be considered for the new restructuring of the competition.

LongSufferingFan
04-05-2016, 09:04 AM
fair call! wallsend have the players to win on the day IMO

cookers in the top 4 though? reasons?
Their form against Lakes was excellent - unlucky not to get at least a point.
Next two games are very winnable against Thornton and Singleton - if they do that I think they will be in the top 4 after round 11.

sitting in 6th at present? seemed to stop the goals leaking at the back going on a few recent results! And apparently was a good hit out when they played lakes
The teams above them all play each other in the next couple of weeks so big chance for Cookers to move up the table.

BigSam
04-05-2016, 09:47 AM
The teams above them all play each other in the next couple of weeks so big chance for Cookers to move up the table.

Spot on the mark there, seems like a pretty even comp this year!

Table obviously proves this.... Still think cookers can improve with a new squad compared to last years was always going to take them a few rounds to get hot, will expect them to pick up some more wins later in the year...

any standout players people have noticed? apart from the regulars?

LongSufferingFan
04-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Spot on the mark there, seems like a pretty even comp this year!

Table obviously proves this.... Still think cookers can improve with a new squad compared to last years was always going to take them a few rounds to get hot, will expect them to pick up some more wins later in the year...

any standout players people have noticed? apart from the regulars?

For me, Blake Green is quality for Lakes.
The big dog, Jarrod Olivieri, is killing them when he plays further forward - has scored a number of goals this year.
Tyler (Warren I think?) Westy goalkeeper is outstanding - best keeper in NewFM by a mile.

A lot of quite young (19/20 yo) players getting runs in first grade and doing well also.
This seems to be a trend across all the teams this year - good to see the clubs giving them a go.

Lots of quality in the 19s comp as well - Jones (Westy), Nicholson (Beswans), Hall (Singo), Richardson, & Ward (Lakes) all have futures.
I like to get to watch the 19s when I go - technically I think the 19s players are the best.

NewyTy
04-05-2016, 04:15 PM
I agree on the 19's being the most technical comp. The names above are all brilliant players with potential. Belswans also have Dundas and I'd add Chaplain and Hughes at Kahibah. Some talent in the 23's as well. I've enjoyed seeing the younger guys get a chance in 1st grade as well this year. Singo have a 16/17 yr old first choice LB/CB, Westy have some new younger guys coming into the top grade.

As for the top four, I'm as biased as possible and am obviously involved at Cooks Hill. They're not making the top four IMO. Thornton are more likely.

mervan
04-05-2016, 04:23 PM
I agree on the 19's being the most technical comp. The names above are all brilliant players with potential. Belswans also have Dundas and I'd add Chaplain and Hughes at Kahibah. Some talent in the 23's as well. I've enjoyed seeing the younger guys get a chance in 1st grade as well this year. Singo have a 16/17 yr old first choice LB/CB, Westy have some new younger guys coming into the top grade.

As for the top four, I'm as biased as possible and am obviously involved at Cooks Hill. They're not making the top four IMO. Thornton are more likely.

Not many decent players in the bottom four clubs? Thought Southy had a few, Cessnock 1 or 2, haven't seen Singo yet.

Watched Thornton and Toronto at the weekend, I thought Thornton had about 6 or 7 reasonable players who were up to NEWFM standard and Toronto maybe 3 as best (striker, tall midfielder and gk).

NewyTy
04-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Not many decent players in the bottom four clubs? Thought Southy had a few, Cessnock 1 or 2, haven't seen Singo yet.

Watched Thornton and Toronto at the weekend, I thought Thornton had about 6 or 7 reasonable players who were up to NEWFM standard and Toronto maybe 3 as best (striker, tall midfielder and gk).

There's definitely good players in the lower teams. A look at the blog I run shows that I have a lot of players that I like around the league and believe can go to that next level. Thornton's got Davies coming through 17's I believe and playing first grade, Cessnock 19's have some decent individuals but lack as a team, Southy I've only seen once but one of their 17's is regarded well among one or two other club coaches.

BigSam
04-05-2016, 04:52 PM

yeah I agree, Toronto have one of the best strikers in the comp... macca from Thornton is quality

thoughts on the stags mervan?

mervan
04-05-2016, 06:07 PM
yeah I agree, Toronto have one of the best strikers in the comp... macca from Thornton is quality

thoughts on the stags mervan?

Stags look like they have already won the only two games they will win all year. Will fight out the spoon with Cessnock.