PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

hawk
21-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Hahahaha

:rof:

A worthy top 4. Good luck to all semi finalists.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-08-2016, 08:50 PM
From the results I'm hearing in the lower grades:

New Lambton win Reserve Grade Minor Premiership
Uni win 3rd grade Minor Premiership.

Well done to all of the semi finalists, First Grade not surprisingly went right down to the wire.

Nou Camp
22-08-2016, 11:54 AM
we cut it pretty close at the suns
missed a host of chances all game and scored a scrappy goal with about 10 to go

Retro Jet
22-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Wow, that has to be one of the tightest ladders I've seen, EVER!

ForeverRed
22-08-2016, 03:03 PM
we cut it pretty close at the suns
missed a host of chances all game and scored a scrappy goal with about 10 to go
From what I watched new lambton had all the ball second half, not sure where your host of chances come from ,

NWM
22-08-2016, 03:18 PM
From what I watched new lambton had all the ball second half, not sure where your host of chances come from ,

First half had plenty of chances to put it to bed, New Lambton scored on half time.. Neither team played particularly well, I think the scoreline reflected the quality the 2 teams displayed. Your comment of New Lambton having all the ball second half is grossly incorrect, they played a bit better but wasn't dominant or creating dangerous chances.

Jardelsimage
22-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Suburbs (sorry Premy) v Uni 1-3

burbs missed a pen 1st 10, pushed Uni until Uni scored after 20, GS and Uni created a few more chances and GS equalised on half time.
2nd half GS reduced to 10, then down 2-1, reduced to 9 men, held them out for a bit longer with a bit of luck and some good saves, but with the glut of possession Uni had something had to give, 3-1.
GS didn't give up though, kept pushing so Uni sat back a bit in the end, soaked it up and took the 3points and the goal difference they needed.

Nou Camp
22-08-2016, 04:24 PM

well obviously the first half....
plus our striker missed an absolute sitter with 5 mins to go
new Lambton had most of the possession 2nd half but I cant recall our keeper having to make a save
it was all crosses

Nou Camp
22-08-2016, 04:24 PM
scores from other games?

NWM
23-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Suburbs (sorry Premy) v Uni 1-3

burbs missed a pen 1st 10, pushed Uni until Uni scored after 20, GS and Uni created a few more chances and GS equalised on half time.
2nd half GS reduced to 10, then down 2-1, reduced to 9 men, held them out for a bit longer with a bit of luck and some good saves, but with the glut of possession Uni had something had to give, 3-1.
GS didn't give up though, kept pushing so Uni sat back a bit in the end, soaked it up and took the 3points and the goal difference they needed.

WOW very respectiful score line for Suburbs down to 9 men, What happened for it get that way? Feisty match or some last defender mistimed tackles?

NUGUNS
23-08-2016, 12:15 PM
WOW very respectiful score line for Suburbs down to 9 men, What happened for it get that way? Feisty match or some last defender mistimed tackles?

Last defender for the first red and the second red was a second yellow due to 3rd man coming in.

Uni bloke clattered one of our backs and was incredibly lucky not to see red which resulted in a few pushes being thrown around.

NWM
24-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Last defender for the first red and the second red was a second yellow due to 3rd man coming in.

Uni bloke clattered one of our backs and was incredibly lucky not to see red which resulted in a few pushes being thrown around.

Fair enough, obviously don't like the push and shove but in the heat of the game it does happen. Well don to GS after a hard year, something I can certainly relate to playing in Suns Reserve Grade. Had some very bug high's and a lot of low's

Gelato
27-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Newcastle Suns 1-0 Mayfield: First grade
Mayfield 0-3 New Lambton: Reserve grade
Beresfield 1-0 Uni: Third Grade

ForeverRed
27-08-2016, 08:25 PM
I watched the Suns last weekend, mayfield must be ordinary

Nou Camp
27-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I watched the Suns last weekend, mayfield must be ordinary

You said you only watched the second half and you're basing a whole seasons performance on one half
Time to worry about other teams I think

ForeverRed
27-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I Watched the whole game mate

Source
27-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Yeah mayfield weren't ordinary created a lot of chances just couldn't find the back of the net mayfield played some good football it was just unlucky but no dicredit to the goal scorer it was a well taken goal great finish so I don't know how you comment on mayfield being ordinary maybe you should have been at the game then comment

Lofty
27-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Yeah mayfield weren't ordinary created a lot of chances just couldn't find the back of the net mayfield played some good football it was just unlucky but no dicredit to the goal scorer it was a well taken goal great finish so I don't know how you comment on mayfield being ordinary maybe you should have been at the game then comment

1-0.

hawk
28-08-2016, 12:46 AM

decent game.

Mayfield created a little more but Suns rewarded with better finish. Next game should be good.

leftrightout
28-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Do lower grades play away goals rule? Does anyone know?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Do lower grades play away goals rule? Does anyone know?

Yep, they do.

leftrightout
28-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Yep, they do.
Seems stupid!
So your 1st grade can come 4th and Reserves 1st and this weekend would be an "away match" at home.

Lofty
29-08-2016, 09:37 AM
So when will Newcastle Football wake up and realise how dumb it is scheduling semi finals on the same day as the first division grand final day. Year on year the same thing happens. I'm unsure of the reason to have the ZPL semi finals on different days to each other. Is it so that supporters can go to both games? If so, I'm fairly certain more supporters will be lost going to the NPL grand final. Surely both games can be scheduled for the Saturday and even staggered in times similar to what happened this weekend in the NPL. Not sure what everyone else's thoughts are. I've been at the Suns for 9 years now and will be choosing the grand final over my own club which is pretty bloody ordinary that we have to make those calls.

Lofty
29-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Seems stupid!
So your 1st grade can come 4th and Reserves 1st and this weekend would be an "away match" at home.

Well, what alternative do you have? It's always going to be based around first grade. More often that not, these lower grades will be at a mutual ground. And with the situation you are talking about, in my eyes it is an advantage that Mayfield get to play at their home ground with away goals being counted towards them. Unfortunately they have conceded three goals away at a mutual venue. If the scores were reversed, then New Lambton could feel hard done by that they have to chase the game at Mayfield's ground as their home game. I don't think it's stupid, it's just the way that it is and as I said, Mayfield have the advantage in this situation.

ForeverRed
29-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Score Uni v Dudley please

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Score Uni v Dudley please

Results from yesterday over at Ray Watt. Home teams first:

1sts: Uni 0- Dudley 2
Reserves: Dudley 2- Uni 2
3rds: New Lambton 2- Dudley 0

Wilso8948
29-08-2016, 10:19 AM
So when will Newcastle Football wake up and realise how dumb it is scheduling semi finals on the same day as the first division grand final day. Year on year the same thing happens. I'm unsure of the reason to have the ZPL semi finals on different days to each other. Is it so that supporters can go to both games? If so, I'm fairly certain more supporters will be lost going to the NPL grand final. Surely both games can be scheduled for the Saturday and even staggered in times similar to what happened this weekend in the NPL. Not sure what everyone else's thoughts are. I've been at the Suns for 9 years now and will be choosing the grand final over my own club which is pretty bloody ordinary that we have to make those calls.

Fully agree with that! We've got Edgy old boys playing in our team who can't even get there to support their old club.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Seems stupid!

I think it adds an interesting element to the games. Eg the home side has to decide whether to go out and win the game, and risk conceding an away goal. Or whether to make sure they keep a clean sheet as a priority and whatever else happens, is a bonus.
Probably overthinking it somewhat, but it adds that extra thing to think about. In saying that, you can just go and win both games or on aggregate and not care too much.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2016, 10:41 AM

Can the clubs liase with eachother and Newcastle football to try and reschedule these games?
Playing games on different days or time slots is more beneficial when a club has perhaps has one team in 1 v 4 and another team on 2 v 3 when players would normally be needed to fill in or make up numbers.

I agree that there should be some flexibility around fixtures, eg, the new fm and more importantly NPL grand final should be the only games played that day. Logistical issues aside, that's the only real way to max out that crowd and get everyone available to see our showpiece competition decider.

Jardelsimage
29-08-2016, 11:26 AM

the whole system is wrong, the final game of Football in Newcastle, should be the NPL GF, the week before, 2HD GF, week before that should be Zone Leagues and Junior football. that way we build up to the, so called pinnacle of local football. No excuses for crowds etc, as there is no conflict with lower divisions or juniors. The only problem with this is the powers that be might have to admit the local game is in trouble and cant blame no attendance/poor atmosphere on clashes with other comps.

Nou Camp
29-08-2016, 12:09 PM
the whole system is wrong, the final game of Football in Newcastle, should be the NPL GF, the week before, 2HD GF, week before that should be Zone Leagues and Junior football. that way we build up to the, so called pinnacle of local football. No excuses for crowds etc, as there is no conflict with lower divisions or juniors. The only problem with this is the powers that be might have to admit the local game is in trouble and cant blame no attendance/poor atmosphere on clashes with other comps.

theres too much logic in your statement
get out!

hawk
29-08-2016, 12:25 PM

agree. Could put the GF times to after 5. id go to every gf if I could. Sat 7pm kick off would be awesome

The Spy
29-08-2016, 12:35 PM
agree. Could put the GF times to after 5. id go to every gf if I could. Sat 7pm kick off would be awesome

They do this in the Central Coast comp and it's great.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
03-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Todays results:
3rds: Dudley 2- New Lambton 1 (New Lambton through 3-2 on aggregate)
Reserves: Uni 0- Dudley 1 (Dudley through 3-2 on aggregate)

Not sure of First Grade.

hawk
03-09-2016, 09:11 PM
firsts anyone

Shere Khan
03-09-2016, 09:23 PM
2-0 Dudley

hawk
03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
cheers

Nou Camp
04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Suns 1-0 (2-0 on agg)
Excellent winner, pigeon from within his own half
New lambton and Uni won lower grades, unsure of score

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Suns 1-0 (2-0 on agg)
Excellent winner, pigeon from within his own half
New lambton and Uni won lower grades, unsure of score

3rds: 5-0 Uni
Reggies 1-0 New Lambton

NWM
05-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Quick Questions guys, was last years ZPL Grand Final was on Bar TV? is that happening again this year?

RANGER09
05-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Good effort from Dudley to have all 3 grades in this weekend, well done guys

Donk
05-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Quick Questions guys, was last years ZPL Grand Final was on Bar TV? is that happening again this year?
It was last yr

RANGER09
05-09-2016, 05:47 PM
they only have firsts and reserves in the GF (according to previous post)

Could have sworn i saw it as Dudley earlier today on the FSP web site ��
But yep still a good effort

idontwannaplaywithhowey
05-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Could have sworn i saw it as Dudley earlier today on the FSP web site ��
But yep still a good effort

You are right, it was mate. Apparently sporting pulse takes the result of the last fixture played (not the aggregate score) and auto populates. Dudley won 2-1 on the weekend so that situation occurred. Its weird that a system used for this process doesn't have that capacity, but then again my computer literacy pretty much extends to typing 'big knockers' into an internet search engine.

RANGER09
05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks , thought I was losing it there for a minute haha

hawk
05-09-2016, 10:06 PM
You are right, it was mate. Apparently sporting pulse takes the result of the last fixture played (not the aggregate score) and auto populates. Dudley won 2-1 on the weekend so that situation occurred. Its weird that a system used for this process doesn't have that capacity, but then again my computer literacy pretty much extends to typing 'big knockers' into an internet search engine.

you have all the skills necessary. admittedly fsp should be a better program

boz-monaut
06-09-2016, 08:44 PM
games are on at Adamstown Oval on Sunday 11 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?a=FIXTURE&compID=388318&c=1-8218-0-0-0

I had one job...

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Results from the year:

Thirds: Uni 2-1 and 1-1 draw
Uni finished 1st (42 points and + 36 goal difference) and New Lambton 3rd ( 36 points and + 26 goal difference) in regular season

Ressies: 5-0 Dudley and 3-2 New Lambton
New Lambton finished 1st (37 points and + 23 goal difference) and Dudley finished 3rd (31 points and +18 goal difference) in regular season

Firsts: 3-3 draw and Dudley 5-1
Dudley finished 2nd (34 points and + 18 goal difference) and Suns finished 4th (29 points and + 2 goal difference) in regular season

hawk
09-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Geez, let's start again without the tools, seemingly all from 1 club. Nice stats

terry
09-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Dudley to scrape home

Lofty
11-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Dudley to scrape home

Suns 4-0
Dudley win on pens
Uni 3-0

Roundball Enthusiast
11-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Suns 4-0

So those mid-season/deadline day purchases paid off.

Lofty
12-09-2016, 04:28 PM
So those mid-season/deadline day purchases paid off.

Yes. Ps. Suns don't pay players :thumbsup:

Speedymetric
12-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm a bit out of the loop. Who did the Suns pick up mid season?

NUGUNS
12-09-2016, 06:55 PM
That 4th goal by Palozzi in the second half was an absolute cracker.

Was not to be for Dudley though hitting the post 3 times and having a goal disallowed for a nudge on the keeper. (Keeper needed to be tested more in the air)

13-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Who ended up getting the leading goal scorer in each grade?

Premy
13-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Who ended up getting the leading goal scorer in each grade?

It's your first post and your username is #10, with my expertise I can confidently say it was not you otherwise you would have been informed.
Hope that helps :tongue:

Lofty
14-09-2016, 08:45 AM
It's your first post and your username is #10, with my expertise I can confidently say it was not you otherwise you would have been informed.
Hope that helps :tongue:

Unless he's fishing

King Kenny
14-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Yes. Ps. Suns don't pay players :thumbsup:

Why so defensive of paying players we all believe you 😉

Lofty
14-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Why so defensive of paying players we all believe you ��

My response was purely on the fact that mid-season purchases was the wording. Signing being the correct term considering we don't pay any players. Not being defense mate, just clarifying :)

Wilso8948
15-09-2016, 11:43 AM
You will be next year

Nou Camp
15-09-2016, 01:04 PM
You will be next year

no one gets paid and more than likely never will in the zone leagues
everyone pays the same rego unless you bring in a sponsor
players have never been paid in the past, its not what the club is about nor what it was founded for
we only want people who want to be at the club not because theyre being paid to be there
has it cost us signing players in the past - yes, will it cost us signing players in the future - yes
either way we have managed to be competitive in first grade most seasons without paying players

sammydog
17-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Went up to the grounds this morning to do some work and was greeted with this. Fair play to who ever is responsible, I fair pissed myself when I saw it.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1325&d=1474100072

ForeverRed
17-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Why are people so unkind

pv4
17-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Looooooool that right there is what Newy Football is all about.

Whoever did that, just gets it.

Unreal. Outstanding.

sammydog
17-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Looooooool that right there is what Newy Football is all about.

Whoever did that, just gets it.

Unreal. Outstanding.

They could have really rubbed it in by having it up for the last home game.

Should be more of this going on......hopefully not at our ground in the future. Someone else can have the spoon next year.

pv4
17-09-2016, 09:09 PM
They could have really rubbed it in by having it up for the last home game.

Should be more of this going on......hopefully not at our ground in the future. Someone else can have the spoon next year.

Win whatever comp the club is in next year and then hold a spoon burning party.

Or pass it on next year :rof:

Just outstanding work by whoever involved.

sammydog
17-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Win whatever comp the club is in next year and then hold a spoon burning party.

Or pass it on next year :rof:

Just outstanding work by whoever involved.

Got to be passed on.

I agree though, who ever did it, take a bow. Quality banter.

ForeverRed
17-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Cardiff maybe

RANGER09
18-09-2016, 07:53 AM
LOVE IT! Hopefully for you guys it doesn't stay up tooooo long!

sammydog
26-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Garden Suburb FC are seeking Expressions of Interest for Coaching Positions for all three grades in 2017.

Please include in your application and Qualifications, Relevant Experience and details of your vision for furthering Football at The Kingfishers.

For further details on our ZPL please contact Liam Roskell on 0402 479 132.

All applications to be submitted no later than Friday 14th October to gardensuburbfc@maquariefootball.net.au

Nou Camp
26-09-2016, 03:05 PM
so suburbs staying ZPL

Beppe
26-09-2016, 03:07 PM
so suburbs staying ZPL

email came out today stating suburbs have been relegated.

they can re-apply though for the vacant spot in ZPL

Premy
26-09-2016, 03:38 PM
so suburbs staying ZPL

What Beppe said.
We will be applying for ZPL, that's no secret. It's up to Newcastle Football from there.

Interesting quote from the Email.
"Also note that we have interest from 4 to 5 new Clubs for 2017; they also will have the opportunity to lodge an EOI in the Premier or other Leagues."

I have heard Maitland and Lake Macquarie want to get a Zone League side together, I wonder who the other 2-3 teams are.

sammydog
26-09-2016, 03:44 PM
email came out today stating suburbs have been relegated.

they can re-apply though for the vacant spot in ZPL

That email came out about 15 mins after we started advertising for coaches.

Impeccable timing really. We will be putting in an EOI to stay up, beyond that its out of our control.

PC14
26-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Russell Henry was saying at the association presentation on Friday night, that they had received interest from clubs looking to enter a Zone League squad. Even through out the idea of a ZL4.

pv4
26-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Interesting quote from the Email.
"Also note that we have interest from 4 to 5 new Clubs for 2017; they also will have the opportunity to lodge an EOI in the Premier or other Leagues."

I have heard Maitland and Lake Macquarie want to get a Zone League side together, I wonder who the other 2-3 teams are.

Putting any new Zone League teams, regardless of alignments to NPL and other grade, in anything higher than ZL3 is a massive sign of disrespect to existing ZL clubs, in particular the ones that come to mind being Olympic & Wallsend, who were forced to start out in ZL3 like everyone else.

Premy
26-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Putting any new Zone League teams, regardless of alignments to NPL and other grade, in anything higher than ZL3 is a massive sign of disrespect to existing ZL clubs, in particular the ones that come to mind being Olympic & Wallsend, who were forced to start out in ZL3 like everyone else.
I didn't even think of that honestly.
I figured it was just logic that any new Zone League entity would start in ZL3.

I was only wondering who the Clubs would be.

pv4
26-09-2016, 04:26 PM
I didn't even think of that honestly.
I figured it was just logic that any new Zone League entity would start in ZL3.

I was only wondering who the Clubs would be.

Someone posted somewhere in the local forum that Shortland were looking at putting a team in. Similarly I think I remember hearing Tenambit were keen on coming back in.

Zone Leagues have lost Kurri, Bellbird, Weston Swifts & BelmontTingara in the last 5 or so years (they're the ones I can remember off the top of my head) - wonder if any of those teams have interest in booting back up.

And you'd imagine if Lakes & Maitland have shown interest due to the 22s converting to 20s, that maybe there's a couple more NPL teams interested also.

Beppe
26-09-2016, 04:36 PM

I couldn't see any new teams, not currently formed, getting 16 decent first grade quality players (45 squad players for the ZPL) and getting approved straight into ZPL. I would guess Suburbs will stay up along with a ZL1 side.

sammydog
26-09-2016, 04:42 PM
I couldn't see any new teams, not currently formed, getting 16 decent first grade quality players (45 squad players for the ZPL) and getting approved straight into ZPL. I would guess Suburbs will stay up along with a ZL1 side.

Jesmond are confirmed as being promoted, as they should be.

So there is only one spot up for grabs and that is New Lambtons place.

I don't know what other clubs are putting in an EOI, but we will know in a few weeks.

Beppe
26-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Jesmond are confirmed as being promoted, as they should be.

So there is only one spot up for grabs and that is New Lambtons place.

I don't know what other clubs are putting in an EOI, but we will know in a few weeks.

yeah my bad, cant count hahaha

Supersub
26-09-2016, 07:58 PM
So who else got promoted in other grades and any chance of more than one side going up

Couchcoach
26-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Cooks Hill got 2nd, 3rd and first across the grades in ZL1 plus beat Swansea in preseason all three grades from memory plus beat the Cooks Hill NewFM team in a trail and thrashed the Newfm 23s near the end of the season (who were second in their comp) so I'd suspect they would be competitive although they did struggle with injuries, work family commitments over the year being an older squad (all the youngies stayed in NEWFM). Raymond Terrace also looked good in first grade during the finals series. If they could replicate that all year and beef up their lower grades they could give the ZPL a scare... how competitive were Garden Suburb?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
26-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Cooks Hill got 2nd, 3rd and first across the grades in ZL1 plus beat Swansea in preseason all three grades from memory plus beat the Cooks Hill NewFM team in a trail and thrashed the Newfm 23s near the end of the season (who were second in their comp) so I'd suspect they would be competitive although they did struggle with injuries, work family commitments over the year being an older squad (all the youngies stayed in NEWFM). Raymond Terrace also looked good in first grade during the finals series. If they could replicate that all year and beef up their lower grades they could give the ZPL a scare... how competitive were Garden Suburb?

The table doesn't tell the story for Garden Suburb. Scorelines in their matches suggested they were competitive, and were in the lower grades too. I personally think it would be harsh for them to lose the 'extra spot'.

sammydog
26-09-2016, 09:42 PM
how competitive were Garden Suburb?

My opinion is biased (I'm not a player in the ZPL though), but I don't think the table tells the story of the quality of the squad we had or the way they played. It certainly did feel like watching the train wreck that the table would suggest.

Fact is over the season we only got three points, but I think we were a far better team than that. Maybe some of the other teams can confirm or deny that.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
26-09-2016, 09:43 PM
My opinion is biased (I'm not a player in the ZPL though), but I don't think the table tells the story of the quality of the squad we had or the way they played.

Fact is over the season we only got three point, but I think we were a far better team than that. Maybe some of the other teams can confirm or deny that.

I agree

Jardelsimage
27-09-2016, 09:14 AM
well where do I go with that open door sammydog?

The team up the hill, were better than there results suggested, but luck and injuries(no shows) also played its part.

Tiggers were in a similar place a few years back, my vote would be to stay, and trust me I'm not biased towards them.

EH9
27-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that one club could not have team in leagues without a minimum of one league between them (ie: Cookers in NEW FM and Cookers in ZL1).

Roundball Enthusiast
27-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that one club could not have team in leagues without a minimum of one league between them (ie: Cookers in NEW FM and Cookers in ZL1).

This is what I always thought, but it was pointed out to me that there is no straight promotion/relegation between ZPL and New-FM. So it 'could' happen, but I haven't seen it before.

Given they're trying to work towards promotion/relegation between New-FM/NPL I would be expecting some criteria based promotion/relegation in New-FM in the coming years.

Couchcoach
27-09-2016, 09:48 AM

Sounds a bit like an arbitrary 'wives tale' to me... what would be the point of having a grade gap? IF the team is good enough to reach the higher grade then so be it. I can see some justification in not having two teams in same grade especially because the teams are structured differently (age grouping wise) But up to zone level surely it should be if you are good enough you are young enough....

Roundball Enthusiast
27-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Sounds a bit like an arbitrary 'wives tale' to me... what would be the point of having a grade gap?

To stop the situation where a team earns promotion but can't actually go up as there will be two teams from the same club in the one comp.

Frodo
27-09-2016, 10:42 AM
To stop the situation where a team earns promotion but can't actually go up as there will be two teams from the same club in the one comp.

If Cook's Hill had finished first and that rule was in place than that's would already be happening, just with a division gap in the middle. So i think Cooks Hill would be fine to play in ZPL no matter if promotion/relegation is or isn't in place.

As for the current dilemma of who will take the last spot in ZPL from past experience, unless the team struggled badly to field teams then, the team who was already in the higher division keeps their status so Suburb(s) will most likely be staying up.

The Spy
27-09-2016, 11:49 AM
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone know when the actual decision from Newcastle Football is due?

Roundball Enthusiast
27-09-2016, 11:59 AM
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone know when the actual decision from Newcastle Football is due?

No date set for the decision, only for EOI, which is 14th Oct, as far as I'm aware.

Premy
27-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Expressions of interest close on the 14th of October.
I think the Zone League meeting is scheduled on the 26th of October, I would expect a decision to be made by then.

Lofty
27-09-2016, 11:41 PM
My opinion is biased (I'm not a player in the ZPL though), but I don't think the table tells the story of the quality of the squad we had or the way they played. It certainly did feel like watching the train wreck that the table would suggest.

Fact is over the season we only got three points, but I think we were a far better team than that. Maybe some of the other teams can confirm or deny that.

I don't think the points total reflects your season exactly. Albeit an extremely tough league this year with every week a proper battle. There wasn't an easy game all year and I think GS just didn't have that little bit extra to get over the top of teams. They certainly weren't shit kickers. Would be fair to have them stay up.

Bulldogs 1962
28-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the year they made the comps ten teams weren't all teams that came last still made to take relegation, zpl had morriset come last and they were relegated, barnsley came up and the suburbs and sun's took the extra two spots, I believe that year the federation said that all team must take relegation and weren't eligible to stay up.

Couchcoach
28-09-2016, 09:57 AM
In the situation maybe a play off would be the fairest thing... maybe Cooks Hill V Raymond Terrace home and away winner to play Garden Suburb home and away... that would sort it out with out any questions of bias etc.... never happen though... sadly. It would be a bit like the 3rd sport from the championship to premier league.

Premy
28-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the year they made the comps ten teams weren't all teams that came last still made to take relegation, zpl had morriset come last and they were relegated, barnsley came up and the suburbs and sun's took the extra two spots, I believe that year the federation said that all team must take relegation and weren't eligible to stay up.

I'll correct you cause you are wrong.
Cardiff came last in ZPL

Beresfield won ZL1 38 points
Garden Suburb came 2nd 37 points
Newcastle Suns came 3rd 24 points

Wallsend, Kahibah and Cooks Hill were promoted to New FM.
Cardiff stayed up, Beresfield, Garden Suburb and Newcastle Suns were promoted to ZPL.

Edit:
Unfortunately for us at Garden Suburb the turn over of players from 1st grade 2014-2015 was high as half of our first grade was poached from NPL and NewFM clubs.
We at Garden Suburb are not a club that will try to get in the way of any player playing at a highet level and we'll encourage our mates to make the set up.

Bulldogs 1962
28-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Cardiff came last in ZPL

Cardiff stayed up, Beresfield, Garden Suburb and Newcastle Suns were promoted to ZPL.

Edit:
Unfortunately for us at Garden Suburb the turn over of players from 1st grade 2014-2015 was high as half of our first grade was poached from NPL and NewFM clubs.
We at Garden Suburb are not a club that will try to get in the way of any player playing at a highet level and we'll encourage our mates to make the set up.

I stand corrected, I really couldnt be gathered actually checking so just went off memory, which is obviously in need of some help haha.

And it's exactly what happenedat barnsley, as in a few good years and players get poached, also west wallsend ran out of money so couldn't chase players from everywhere and turned back to the local kids they discarded, offered them a little money and barnsley don't pay so they went and we have struggled since.

Nou Camp
29-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Cardiff came last in ZPL

Edit:

Suns actually finished 4th that year
Jesmond finished 3rd

either way where you finish one year doesn't represent whats going to happen next year
only takes one or two players to really change the momentum

King Kenny
01-10-2016, 10:15 AM

how competitive were Garden Suburb ?

We played them twice and If I am being honest they could have beaten us both times , round one they had a quick boy up front and on another day he could have scored a few , second round second half they were the better side , I also watched them play New Lambton (who a relative plays with) , second round and they certainly had no luck in the second half at all . They seemed well coached and a good bunch as well probably a few players short that's all .

Premy
25-10-2016, 06:46 PM
2nd or 3rd I could have understood, 5th???
No disrespect to Kotara I wish them all the best but I can't help feel a little hard done by due to the outcome of similar circumstances in the past.

Donk
25-10-2016, 08:37 PM
No disrespect to Kotara I wish them all the best but I can't help feel a little hard done by due to the outcome of similar circumstances in the past.
My guess is kotara was the only one who applied other than you guys obviously and after 2 bad seasons they see kotara offering a stronger team in all 3 grades. Just an opinion

Passtheballmate
25-10-2016, 09:07 PM

I'm guessing they have named the teams for comps next year??

Donk
25-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm guessing they have named the teams for comps next year??
This is correct

Premy
25-10-2016, 09:55 PM
My guess is kotara was the only one who applied other than you guys obviously and after 2 bad seasons they see kotara offering a stronger team in all 3 grades. Just an opinion

As I said 2nd or 3rd I may have understood.
Considering in similar circumstances other teams have been spared it's hard not to feel hard done by.

sammydog
25-10-2016, 10:17 PM
As a club, Garden Suburb accept the decision, but thats not to say we aren't disappointed. End of the day, a decision has been made, we know where we are next season and that will be our focus as a club for here on.

We will move on, rebuild and hopefully earn the right to be back in the ZPL in the next few seasons. If anyone wants to join us int he rebuilding, keep an eye out for the start of training.

Good luck to Kotara South in the ZPL, and now we will focus on the season ahead in ZL1.

Donk
26-10-2016, 06:26 AM
As I said 2nd or 3rd I may have understood.
Considering in similar circumstances other teams have been spared it's hard not to feel hard done by.

As a club, Garden Suburb accept the decision, but thats not to say we aren't disappointed. End of the day, a decision has been made, we know where we are next season and that will be our focus as a club for here on.

We will move on, rebuild and hopefully earn the right to be back in the ZPL in the next few seasons. If anyone wants to join us int he rebuilding, keep an eye out for the start of training.

Good luck to Kotara South in the ZPL, and now we will focus on the season ahead in ZL1.

I totally understand and agree I would be as well. Like you said thou you know where you are next season and what you have to do and hopefully you can rebuild, I look forward to playing against you guys again always tough games..

Kicktheball
17-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Early predictions for ZPL title this year? Will be interesting to see how kotara and Jesmond shape up.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
01-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Jesmond FC has access to Heaton Park and portable posts, no lines until after cricket finishes though. If any coaches out there would like a kick in February, 3 grades potentially of a Sunday then let me know, midweek over 2 nights a possibility too. Want two trials prior to FFA Cup weekend of Feb 25/26.

Never ideal playing teams in same division but we've done it before.

For those that aren't active members on here, contact phone number is 0412 449 333.

AVB
02-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Cooks Hill United FC

Zone League 1

Cooks Hill United FC are seeking expressions of interest for 1st Grade Head coach for the 2017 Zone League season. Cooks Hill United has a proud history of success over the last decade in Zone league. Since Cooks Hills promotion to ZL1 in 2015 no team has failed to make the semi-finals, with first grade recording two top 2 finishes, reserve grade recording 2 Grand Final wins and third grade winning the minor premiership in 2016.
Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.

For more details contact Lee on 0412 776 542