PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NPL Youth

Pages : 1 [2]

Zico
09-04-2016, 07:19 PM
NNSWF will open a can of worms once they do take the first 2 points off a first grade, once the precedent is set they will have to stick to it and be consistent. This is something that NNSWF have never been very good at.

Why Blue
10-04-2016, 09:41 AM
More good news from EJ's program with a 2nd player going down to the AIS
Great young player, nice kid, wish him all the best

Why Blue
10-04-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm all for cracking down on dissent, especially younger players, nothing worse than seeing young kids abusing ref's

But this does seem to lack logic ??
Is it only NPL ??
Is it NewFM ??
Zone and community ??

If so what is penalty process for other comps ??

Also what about coaches ??

And then we have the spectators

No doubt the problem is getting worse and I applaude NNSW for instigating something, but address the whole problem

RevhedfRed
10-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Magic 19s looking tired. Probably still recovering from playing against Emerging Jets who had to bring up some 13 year olds to cover their injuries.

Apollo Creed
10-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Magic 19s looking tired. Probably still recovering from playing against Emerging Jets who had to bring up some 13 year olds to cover their injuries.

ritesaidfred
outcome please, let me guess 1st grade players were used

Apollo Creed
10-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Come one Why Blue, you are joking aren't you? Those two teams in that grand final played the worst football I have ever seen. Boot the ball long and chase the hell out of it, and may the quickest kid win. No skill, no quality and an absolute rubbish game!

harsh pup ernie

Imyourhero
11-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Out of interest, are Npl 15s and/or 17s coaches required to have any coaching licences?

Why Blue
11-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Out of interest, are Npl 15s and/or 17s coaches required to have any coaching licences?

I believe all coaches in NPL Youth are supposed to have some credentials behind them, not sure what exactly but clubs use it as an explanation for Youth fees ie, needing to pay accredited coaches

late_to_the_game
11-04-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm all for cracking down on dissent, especially younger players, nothing worse than seeing young kids abusing ref's

But this does seem to lack logic ??
Is it only NPL ??
Is it NewFM ??
Zone and community ??

If so what is penalty process for other comps ??

Also what about coaches ??

And then we have the spectators

No doubt the problem is getting worse and I applaude NNSW for instigating something, but address the whole problem

Certainly applies to WPL (my closest contact with NNSW at the moment), pretty sure it is across all NNSW competitions.

football_macigian23
11-04-2016, 06:15 PM
I believe all coaches in NPL Youth are supposed to have some credentials behind them, not sure what exactly but clubs use it as an explanation for Youth fees ie, needing to pay accredited coaches

This year to coach NPL 13/17 you only need a game training certificate

Apollo Creed
11-04-2016, 06:57 PM

it shows!they also receive a ribbon at seasons end

Why Blue
19-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Any thoughts re David Lowes article in today's Newcastle herald

Couple of pertinent points I think

Are 280 members necessary ??
Is it selling false hope to many ??
Does it have a scouting network that has tabs on all promising young players ??

Good read, hope it sparks some comment

Especially like the reference to the fancy track suit, so very true

Goatscheese
19-04-2016, 09:10 PM

How many of them have the C licence though? I know quite a few of the Valentine and Adamstown coaches did their C licence at the end of last year.

Goatscheese
19-04-2016, 09:17 PM

Link for those who can't find it: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3854214/no-system-is-perfect/?cs=306

Is that 280 members excluding players? That seems overkill.

I liked the talk about the pay, end of the day parents shouldn't expect equal game time even if they have payed the same. But then who does pay? Certainly shouldn't be the parents of kids not in the program.

big jim
20-04-2016, 10:23 AM

Good article on a touchy subject

Read comments on heralds web site
Got the EJ parents defending with the old any one got a child that dances line.

Facts are
It is a user pay system and with that comes inherent flaws
When EJ' play teams outside if area their performance is very underwhelming

Most importantly to kids not in the program for what ever reason is don't give up, what everybody needs to realise is that at 9,10, thru to 15-16-17 you haven't proved or done anything

purplepatch
22-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Have a look at what Maitland are doing.
Links to the local rag. Why didn't we think about this in Newcastle. Well done to Northern and CCB for allowing it happen.

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3861923/magpies-honour-maitlands-own-photos/?cs=172

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3863870/martin-to-step-up-for-magpies/?cs=172

Zico
22-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Links to the local rag. Why didn't we think about this in Newcastle. Well done to Northern and CCB for allowing it happen.

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3861923/magpies-honour-maitlands-own-photos/?cs=172

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3863870/martin-to-step-up-for-magpies/?cs=172
We get it that your son or yourself is in the picture and article, no need to post in several threads.

purplepatch
22-04-2016, 10:14 AM
We get it that your son or yourself is in the picture and article, no need to post in several threads.

post wherever and whenever. and nope to your question. didn't realise a football bogan had to have children to enjoy the game. share the knowlege and experience and grow the game. don't hinder because of ideals or ideology.

GO AWAY
22-04-2016, 12:30 PM

I think Maitland are one of the best marketing teams in the competition, often putting on full day spectacles honouring certain communities......... could be marketed by NNSW but, although, if it was Magic v Lambton playing for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter, ( another good cause ), im sure NNSW would be all over it.

big jim
28-05-2016, 10:20 AM
What's going on in Youth ?

Has everyone list interest

Why Blue
28-05-2016, 11:52 AM
What's going on in Youth ?

Has everyone list interest

Yep

early_to_the_match
28-05-2016, 01:36 PM
I heard Emerging Jets beat Matildas 7 nil during the week.

Why Blue
28-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah heard that
Made Talkin Sport yesterday afternoon

Lots of discussion about state of woman's football but really from what I heard it was a very young Matilda's as well

Still great effort from the 16-18 yo jets, would have been a great experience for them

Why Blue
28-05-2016, 03:14 PM
How's your team going early ???

early_to_the_match
28-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Struggling but not giving up.
As for the 16 to 18 year old EJets, I was led to believe they were under 16 boys along with 4 under 15s. The Matildas side may not have been the starting XI in a world cup final, but still our International Women's team. I'm sure our under 16 boys could have been stronger but for 2 at the AIS and no doubt some out injured. Throw in a debate as to whether or not the best boys have been selected, as well as their underachievments at National competitions, and it doesn't paint a great picture for the Women's game.
But good on the young boys for performing as they did.

Why Blue
28-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Your probably right
I know a few camelback from 18's to play but they are only 16

GO AWAY
07-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Azzuri v Valo rescheduled round 12 playing Saturday June 18 at Lisle Carr, same game times.

late_to_the_game
12-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I watched the first half of the U17 Adamstown vs Magic game yesterday. Adamstown led 1-0 at HT, game ended 1-1.

It was one of the best games of football i have seen in a while, and for me was a great vindication of the whole NPL youth concept. It is now the 3rd year of NPL
for these boys, and the level of skill and tactical awareness impressed me. I have seen many first grade games not played at this level. The movement off the ball by both teams was fantastic.

Both teams played possesssion football, both counter attacked with real speed when they could, but built the attack well when needed.

Congrats to both teams and the coaches.
Also noted Adamstown 1st grade coach Graham Law helping out on the bench with the 17's coach.

The game could have been won by either team.

Why Blue
14-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Good result for Newcastle Football from NNSW 11&12 championships this long weekend

Winning both age groups for the 2nd year running

Like Hartly or not he is getting impressive results

Maybe Newcastle football is the elite centre for youth development in this area ????

ForeverRed
14-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Now watch all the mums and dads sell their kids to the highest bidder in NPL

Why Blue
14-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Not sure it's all the parents fault

Coaches sell dilutions of grandure

But the clubs gave been known to approach these teams & coaches looking to buy a 13 youth comp

And if a club is serious about getting the most talented youth to develop them thru to first grade why wouldn't they want the better kids ????

mrfootball
17-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Not sure it's all the parents fault

Coaches sell dilutions of grandure

How do you dilute grandeur? More importantly how do you sell diluted grandeur? Isnt that that vitamin water stuff?

Why Blue
17-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Not sure it's something that has to be sold to hard

Plenty of eager buyers

football_macigian23
16-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Who's in the loop with 2017 NPL applications? Rumour going around that NPL Youth next year will start at 14's? Getting rid of 13NPL.. Anyone confirm?

hawk
17-07-2016, 03:31 PM
How do you dilute grandeur? More importantly how do you sell diluted grandeur? Isnt that that vitamin water stuff?

Mix with water and believe in falsity?

Goatscheese
20-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Who's in the loop with 2017 NPL applications? Rumour going around that NPL Youth next year will start at 14's? Getting rid of 13NPL.. Anyone confirm?

I heard that they were getting rid of the 15's. Can anyone confirm that?

Why Blue
20-07-2016, 11:24 PM
I see Weston are advertising 2017 NPL Youth trials on thier wed site
Showing 13's 14's & 15's

I thought it was 13, 14, 15 & 16 for youth
With 18 & 20's

Bremsstrahlung
21-07-2016, 03:39 AM
Maybe they are happy their 15s will stay and move up to 16s.

football_macigian23
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Has anyone seem the email doing the rounds about Newcastle pulling out of NNSW SAP?? Thoughts on this??

Onehunglow
06-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Has anyone seem the email doing the rounds about Newcastle pulling out of NNSW SAP?? Thoughts on this??

Pretty sure this is legit. Interesting development about to take place from what I hear.

hamburgler
06-08-2016, 11:12 PM

It won't be the first time, Newcastle pulled their boys out of SAP in 2014, with those boys playing I believe mostly for Jaffas and Olympic, and also training with Newcastle. Didn't hurt them too much, still won State Championships that year, but I believe both teams were beaten by the 12A comp minor & major premiers, Magic.

football_macigian23
06-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Pretty sure this is legit. Interesting development about to take place from what I hear.

It definitely is legit.. Newcastle will stay in the SAP but they will be ran by NNSW coaches etc.. Newcastle will run their NET program again under Hartley's guidance but their SAP players currently will have to choose whether to stay in SAP and play with Northern or go back to a club

football_macigian23
06-08-2016, 11:30 PM
It won't be the first time, Newcastle pulled their boys out of SAP in 2014, with those boys playing I believe mostly for Jaffas and Olympic, and also training with Newcastle. Didn't hurt them too much, still won State Championships that year, but I believe both teams were beaten by the 12A comp minor & major premiers, Magic.

Magic 12A's have been solid for the past three or more seasons.. It's a shame Northern wont let clubs do SAP

Onehunglow
06-08-2016, 11:56 PM
It definitely is legit.. Newcastle will stay in the SAP but they will be ran by NNSW coaches etc.. Newcastle will run their NET program again under Hartley's guidance but their SAP players currently will have to choose whether to stay in SAP and play with Northern or go back to a club

That's the way I heard it. New TD for the new SAP program??

football_macigian23
07-08-2016, 12:07 AM
That's the way I heard it. New TD for the new SAP program??

Not sure about a new TD havent heard anything about that.. I wonder whether players will stay in the SAP program with Northern or go to a club? They have to get to a club eventually in 13's anyway??

Atown
01-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Good luck to Atown 15s in GF this weekend. Watch this space for these boys over next few years with many already playing in higher grades this year at Atown.

Reds Forever
03-09-2016, 08:41 AM
NNSW looking for coaches for their Newcastle SAP.

So we have Newcastle Football going alone with their own program and NNSW now doing a Newcastle SAP to fill the void.

Surprised Herald has not been onto this story yet.

Bremsstrahlung
03-09-2016, 08:50 AM
NNSW looking for coaches for their Newcastle SAP.

So we have Newcastle Football going alone with their own program and NNSW now doing a Newcastle SAP to fill the void.

Surprised Herald has not been onto this story yet.

Sorry, excuse my ignorance, what's this mean?

football_macigian23
03-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Sorry, excuse my ignorance, what's this mean?

Newcastle Football have pulled out of the SAP to re-create their NET program that they did in 2014 (I think??) which relies on clubs to do SAP themselves under the guidance of Hartley

Northern need another SAP team to come in so they are running it themselves.

late_to_the_game
03-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Magic 12A's have been solid for the past three or more seasons.. It's a shame Northern wont let clubs do SAP

Expect this to happen. I think a year or two into the new licence period clubs will be able to apply. NNSW will bypass Newcastle Football (and neuter Richard) in the process.

Three of the WPL U14 teams are going to the state titles this year (4 if you include Football Mid North Coast). No NF, Hunter or Macquarie teams in this age group.

Reds Forever
03-09-2016, 08:33 PM
I actually think the SAP should fall under the banner of NPL clubs. Would mean the clubs have path from u10 to 1st grade. Football Associations should be running comps and helping clubs and not running SAP teams which are really just another club.

With Newcastle Football turning their back on SAP, does this mean kids that stay with Newcastle Football won't have access to Emerging Jets?

hawk
03-09-2016, 08:40 PM
I actually think the SAP should fall under the banner of NPL clubs. Would mean the clubs have path from u10 to 1st grade. Football Associations should be running comps and helping clubs and not running SAP teams which are really just another club.

With Newcastle Football turning their back on SAP, does this mean kids that stay with Newcastle Football won't have access to Emerging Jets?

dont know but watching jets 13's kids try to take on north coast 14's was a joke. at this age the size difference is pretty big. Maybe good experience for later but thats all I could take away from the game

GazFish35
03-09-2016, 09:50 PM
dont know but watching jets 13's kids try to take on north coast 14's was a joke. at this age the size difference is pretty big. Maybe good experience for later but thats all I could take away from the game

Wot Woz Da Scor?

hawk
03-09-2016, 10:59 PM
wot woz da scor?

3-1 North Coast.

Both teams played a decent game and NC didnt do much untoward but the physical difference made almost a mismatch. Experince learned i guess.

football_macigian23
03-09-2016, 11:35 PM

I think it'll be interesting.. Whether the Jets look at them now or not..

football_macigian23
20-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Any info on when NPL Youth can start trials? Adamstown are trialing on Thursday night.. You must be able to trial straight away??

GO AWAY
21-09-2016, 01:16 PM
CCB will be trialling next week

U13 - 26-09
U15 - 27-09
U16 - 28-09
U14 - 29-09

5PM Registration 6pm start

U18 and U20 - 26-09

6.30PM REGISTRATION for 7pm start

All at Lisle Carr

big jim
23-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Huge turnout at Edgy last night for 18's trials
Without counting but had to be 35ish field and 6-7 keepers

And some pretty good players, gonna be a long trial season if 18's are this hot all clubs

Seemed to be a few chosen ones with the coach fairly openly displaying his like for 4-5 who were not from edgy but didn't trial, looks like they have followed him
But I suppose as a coach you need to chose players you want

GO AWAY
23-09-2016, 09:45 AM

And some pretty good players, gonna be a long trial season if 18's are this hot all clubs

Seemed to be a few chosen ones with the coach fairly openly displaying his like for 4-5 who were not from edgy but didn't trial, looks like they have followed him

Gee the Edgeworth boys from this seasons U15-17 must be really happy and impressed that situation is occurring, well done Edgeworth. Sounds like we will see a few on Monday night and given a fair trial by a former first grade winning coach, wont find a better Under 18 coach then Greg Smith.

big jim
23-09-2016, 10:06 AM
So you are telling me away man that 6-8 kids from Ccb 17's & 19's last year haven't been guaranteed spots for next year ?? All spots are open ??? Greg Smith hasn't offered any spots ??

It goes on everywhere and as I said a coach should be able to have players he wants to coach

Also spoke with a few parents last nite, some from Ccb and other clubs, they were at edgy for a reason, most had a gripe against previous club, others just wanted to join a winning club/culture.
No club is perfect and I suppose on Monday night we will see how open Ccb is

GO AWAY
23-09-2016, 10:12 AM
So you are telling me away man that 6-8 kids from Ccb 17's & 19's last year haven't been guaranteed spots for next year ?? All spots are open ??? Greg Smith hasn't offered any spots ??

It goes on everywhere and as I said a coach should be able to have players he wants to coach

Also spoke with a few parents last nite, some from Ccb and other clubs, they were at edgy for a reason, most had a gripe against previous club, others just wanted to join a winning club/culture.
No club is perfect and I suppose on Monday night we will see how open Ccb is

Any players offered positions for next year at CCB would have only come from CCB this year mate, that's called rewarding kids who have shown promise, but you're saying the coach had kids there from other clubs already handpicked by him, while Edgeworth juniors from this year are having to trial ? No problem from promoting from with in the club, but I see a problem and I wouldn't be happy if I was a Edgeworth U15-17 from this year that's all.

big jim
23-09-2016, 10:37 AM
didnt Ccb bring a coach and about 12-13 players into youth a couple of years back ??? What happened to previous years players loyalty then ??
Mate it goes on and all clubs do it

Why do you think there were so many 2016 Ccb players there last nite ??

GO AWAY
23-09-2016, 10:50 AM
A couple of years back

and if there was, lol, id say they are trying to emulate other CCB youth players that Edgeworth decided to poach a few years ago instead of promoting their own, and are now fully fledged first graders. Sorry mate, just my opinion, but if I was a 16-17 year old and I had a chance to be coached by Greg Smith, I know where I would be trialling. We will see how we go Monday night and good luck to Edgeworth.

Why Blue
23-09-2016, 03:24 PM

Yeah was there and yep there was a big turn out, good to see for the club and good to see so many young kids wanting to be part of what Edgy are doing with their youth.

I too spoke with a few people I know that were there and general consensus was that they liked what they had seen at the club, giving youth a chance and wanted to be a part of that. Reality is that Edgy are leading the way with youth, coach is a great believer in giving them an opportunity and it has worked for him and before i get shot down about youth development and McBreen the doubters should ask the 16-17 yo kids if he has anything to offer them...........he is great with them and is no doubt a great asset to their development as is the whole senior squad and the way they bring youth into train and give them a chance to learn from the experience.

Yes its always a shame to see players miss out..................but this wont happen if the club believe the player have something to offer long term, but they are a winning club and are looking for players to maintain their strength.
And to be fair a couple of the players are returning to the club after EJ's etc so why wouldn't the club welcome them back ???

And yes Greg Smith is a great coach, and yes there are some that are not so good but to be successful in life you must surround your self with successful people so what young footballer wouldn't want to be part of the edgy team ??.......FFA cup appearances, NPL play off's, not to mention their local success, what other club is still training now ???

Anyway good luck with trials.

big jim
23-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Hey blue man, your boy trailing as well?
Some bloody good kids there hey
Im not sure how my bloke will go but our thinking was definitely to try and get into what ever edgy have going on there
Same thoughts as about 40 other kids hey

And yeah good luck with your trials too

Wild Brew
23-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Sounds good for Edgy, but isn't the 18s coach the same guy that's been punted from several clubs and had a whole team walk out on him last time around?

Why Blue
23-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Hey blue man, your boy trailing as well?
Some bloody good kids there hey
Im not sure how my bloke will go but our thinking was definitely to try and get into what ever edgy have going on there
Same thoughts as about 40 other kids hey

And yeah good luck with your trials too

No not trialing, he was there training, maybe last session depends on tomorrows game in Perth.

Not sure about GA's talk of edgy poaching players from CCB, all that left that i know about did so of their own accord wanting to better themselves.

Best thing my young bloke did, given a great opportunity, club have done all they have said they would do, great environment to develop, every one is on board with youth development, 20's training with first grade as a group all year. Sure some hard decisions being made by club in regards to players and those players futures at the club but better to be upfront, that way we all know whats going on.
Previous club offered the world..............after we informed them he was moving on.................too late........

Why Blue
23-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Sounds good for Edgy, but isn't the 18s coach the same guy that's been punted from several clubs and had a whole team walk out on him last time around?

yep correct

but i have to say there were plenty of magic boys there last night who have followed him over and quite a few other from other area's that spoke highly of him

and to be fair to him i have seen him around the club a fair bit over the last few months and he genuinely seems to have the respect of a lot of youth players, so maybe somethings work at some clubs and not others

time will tell

early_to_the_match
23-09-2016, 06:17 PM
You can piss in someone's pocket and talk yourself up all day. Might suck some people in for a short time but doesn't make a good coach.

football_macigian23
25-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Everyones thoughts on North Coast and Northern Inland playing in NPL Youth next year? 26 games is a good season! Lots of travel

hamburgler
26-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Everyones thoughts on North Coast and Northern Inland playing in NPL Youth next year? 26 games is a good season! Lots of travel

Yes two trips on top of the Taree or Port Macquarie MNC trip.

I think it's a step in the right direction. 26 games with no byes. Should be more football for our elite youth, and now they get an extra 6 games per season.

All we need now is Northern to take the youth NPL a little more seriously and get rid of the stupid double point games for games washed out in the first round.

Rover
26-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't like six point games but I also don't like a mid week trip to north coast. I can't see there being 3 or 4 spare weekend put in season for wash outs. I don't know the answer any suggestions?

late_to_the_game
26-09-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't like six point games but I also don't like a mid week trip to north coast. I can't see there being 3 or 4 spare weekend put in season for wash outs. I don't know the answer any suggestions?

In the WPL replays are done as a double on the weekend if they involve FMNC. Game Saturday and Sunday. Ground availability can be an issue (down here - not up there)

GO AWAY
27-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Huge turnout at Lisle Carr last night for U13 open trials, god knows how coaches are going to pick a squad out of all of them, some quality youngsters there, also for the U18/20 trials, good luck picking out of that quality, huge turnout and mix of mainly coast, edgy and magic kids surprisingly enough. Whoever is selected, i'm sure will be more then welcomed.
Good to see the youth guru there offering his help, will be a big asset for CCB.

football_macigian23
27-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Huge turnout at Lisle Carr last night for U13 open trials, god knows how coaches are going to pick a squad out of all of them, some quality youngsters there, also for the U18/20 trials, good luck picking out of that quality, huge turnout and mix of mainly coast, edgy and magic kids surprisingly enough. Whoever is selected, i'm sure will be more then welcomed.
Good to see the youth guru there offering his help, will be a big asset for CCB.

Seems that a lot of clubs are getting good turn outs in the 13's.. Must happen every year with all SAP kids looking for clubs.. Magic have 29 12A graders which I would assume 16-17 or so will be looking for clubs too

Why Blue
27-09-2016, 03:56 PM

Personally i think its about time, it is after all Northern NSW Football, not just Newcastle, Hunter & Macquarie. Now just needs to be expanded to include seniors so kids from those area's have a genuine pathway.
Besides who doesn't enjoy a road trip ????

Why Blue
27-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Ok so who is youth guru ??? one of the Zane cousins ??? or Graeme Jones that you think will do so well at stags ???

Why Blue
27-09-2016, 04:02 PM
You can piss in someone's pocket and talk yourself up all day. Might suck some people in for a short time but doesn't make a good coach.

I hear what you are saying and I know quite a few people seemed to have issues with this guy at Magic, personally I have never even spoken with him so I have no real opinion, my comments were based on my observations over the last few months.

big jim
28-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Nice to hear you got a good turn up away man.
Sounds like 18's is gonna be a hot comp in 17
Only natural there will be a lot of movement you have kids from U17 & U19 competing for one team, that's why there are kids from all over turning up

But sounds like your happy with what Ccb have to chose from so good luck

early_to_the_match
09-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I don't know why I bother. Every year I try to find results from the National youth championships. The first day is usually reported on Northern website followed by complete silence. No final table, nothing at all. The consistent silence has become far more embarrassing than the results themselves.

ForeverRed
09-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Results are a disgrace

Goatscheese
09-10-2016, 09:45 PM
I don't know why I bother. Every year I try to find results from the National youth championships. The first day is usually reported on Northern website followed by complete silence. No final table, nothing at all. The consistent silence has become far more embarrassing than the results themselves.

What do you mean? It is on their website, could be presented a lot better but they are all there.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/high-performance/national-youth-championships/

Don't think many games were won by either the metro or country teams

early_to_the_match
10-10-2016, 07:56 AM
What do you mean? It is on their website, could be presented a lot better but they are all there.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/high-performance/national-youth-championships/

Don't think many games were won by either the metro or country teams
As I said Goat, only the first days results. No other results shown on NNSWF website. What are you looking at?

Goatscheese
10-10-2016, 06:46 PM
As I said Goat, only the first days results. No other results shown on NNSWF website. What are you looking at?

Did you click on the link and scroll down? Got to keep scrolling it has all 5 days there

early_to_the_match
10-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Did you click on the link and scroll down? Got to keep scrolling it has all 5 days there
Thanks for that but unfortunately it still is wrong. They seem to have now added day 2, but the 3rd 4th and 5th days are of the girls championship back in July. Can't for the life of me find full boys results on Northern website. I know other state bodies will have them, but the point is NNSWF is again reluctant to inform us.

Why Blue
11-10-2016, 09:35 AM
I get your point early, sure NNSWF would be singing a win from the rooftops.......but results were poor so best keep it a secret

Reality is that there are clubs who are doing great things with youth these days so EJ's simply don't have the quality with many choosing the club pathway......
But the EJ's serve a purpose........suppliers have to sell flash track suits to someone

Goatscheese
12-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Thanks for that but unfortunately it still is wrong. They seem to have now added day 2, but the 3rd 4th and 5th days are of the girls championship back in July. Can't for the life of me find full boys results on Northern website. I know other state bodies will have them, but the point is NNSWF is again reluctant to inform us.

I'm not sure if you can't read or deliberately saying they aren't putting it up there for a laugh. All games are listed there the girls are after all 5 days of the boys.

They also have a score table link on it, which is better to read than how Northern presented it

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Official-Points-Tables-2016-National-Youth-Championships-for-Boys_Day-5-FINAL.pdf

early_to_the_match
13-10-2016, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure if you can't read or deliberately saying they aren't putting it up there for a laugh. All games are listed there the girls are after all 5 days of the boys.

They also have a score table link on it, which is better to read than how Northern presented it

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Official-Points-Tables-2016-National-Youth-Championships-for-Boys_Day-5-FINAL.pdf

Thanks for the table. I had looked at that several times before and it wasn't filled in. As for that other link, you best check it again. Still showing day 2 then 1 of boys, then straight into girls results. No day 3, 4 or 5 for boys I'm not trying to be smart but that's a fact.

football_macigian23
13-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the table. I had looked at that several times before and it wasn't filled in. As for that other link, you best check it again. Still showing day 2 then 1 of boys, then straight into girls results. No day 3, 4 or 5 for boys I'm not trying to be smart but that's a fact.

All results are there for both boys and girls..

early_to_the_match
13-10-2016, 01:10 PM
All results are there for both boys and girls..
Day Two Results, Tuesday 4th October 2016
Day One Results, Monday 3rd October, 2016
Day 5 Results, Friday July 8, 2016
Day 4 Results, Thursday July 7, 2016
Day 3 Results, Wednesday July 6, 2016
Day 2 Results, Tuesday July 5, 2016
Day 1 Results, Monday, June 11, 2016
Above is the list of everyday mentioned on that link and on the NNSWF website that open up on my phone. Unless computers are showing more I can't see any of the last 3 days in October comp for boys. Days 5 to 2 are all in July (girls comp) but strangely the first day of their championships is listed as a month earlier on June 11.
Can you copy and paste boys results or even the heading, because I still think they don't exist on that site.

hamburgler
13-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Above is the list of everyday mentioned on that link and on the NNSWF website that open up on my phone. Unless computers are showing more I can't see any of the last 3 days in October comp for boys. Days 5 to 2 are all in July (girls comp) but strangely the first day of their championships is listed as a month earlier on June 11.
Can you copy and paste boys results or even the heading, because I still think they don't exist on that site.

Can we move on soon? They performed poorly, have done for years now, can't see anything changing, don't need to analyse results to know that.

Have most clubs finalised their youth teams for 2017?

GO AWAY
13-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Can we move on soon? They performed poorly, have done for years now, can't see anything changing, don't need to analyse results to know that.

Azzurri U13-14-15 finalised and happy with, still positions for U16 I believe.

football_macigian23
13-10-2016, 03:55 PM

With a race to the top of the table in the final day of the Westfield National Youth Championships for Girls, Victoria claimed the title in both the 13 and 15 Years Divisons.

NSW Metro and Northern NSW missed on the first place after playing out scoreless draws against Capital Football and NSW Country.

Capital Football secured the top spot in the Group B 13 Years after securing a 3-1 win against Northern Territory.

Individual awards were also presented at the closing ceremony, full list is below.

Full List of Winners:

Referee of the Championships
13 Years: Isabella Libri (Football NSW)
15 Years: Paula Orlandi (Football Federation South Australia)

Player of the Championships
13 Years: Josie Morely (Northern NSW Football)
15 Years: Tori Tumeth (NSW Metro)

Goal Keeper of the Championships
13 Years: Miranda Templeman (Football West)
15 Years: Annalee Grove (Northern NSW Football)

13 Years
Group B Winners: Capital Football
National Champions: Victoria Football

15 Years

13 Years

9:30am NSW Country 0 def. by Queensland 7 (11′ R. Dudley, 12′, 13′, 30′ & 46′ S. Walters, 21′ H. Gray, 36′ J. Thomson)

10:55am Northern NSW 4 (10′, 36′ & 41′ J. Rankin, 38′ C. Smith) def. Victoria 3 (11′ P. Zois, 16′ G. Taranto, 40′ A. Jancevski)

12:20pm NSW Metro 5 (5′ B. Radman, 14′ & 37′ C. Rule, 18′ S. Hunter, 24′ H. Mcnamara) def. South Australia 0

1:45pm Northern Territory 1 (43′ E. Hoy) def. by Capital Football 3 (8′ A. Forner, 10′ I. Barac, 42′ A. Robertson)

3:10pm Football West 4 (1′ J. Ridley, 10′ E. Lincoln, 12′ M. Boyle, 48′ H. Lawry) def. Tasmania 0

15 Years

8:30am South Australia 0 def. by Victoria 3 (8′ I. Paracki, 9′ K. Cooney-Cross, 27′ N. McLure)

9:30am Football West 0 def. by Capital Football 1 (17′ L. Dawson)

10:30am Northern NSW 0 drew NSW Country 0

11:30am NSW Metro 3 (7′ S. Evans, 10′ T. Tumeth, 33′ G. Usherwood) def. Queensland 0

Tasmania BYE

12:30pm Victoria 3 (13′ L. Richards, 35′ & 38′ S. Sakalis) def. Tasmania 1 (19′ I. Ferrier)

1:30pm NSW Country 1 (31′ C. Stefanou) def Football West 0

2:30pm Queensland 1 (10′ I. Kubin) drew South Australia 1 (33′ G. Iannella)

3:30pm Capital Football 0 drew NSW Metro 0

Northern NSW BYE

13 Years

9:30am Tasmania 1 (30′ A. Bissett) def. by Northern Territory 3 (36′ OG, 40′ L. Cowan, 47′ M. Jakubiszyn)

10:55am Queensland 1 (31′ J. Mortimer) drew Northern NSW 1 (19′ A. Russell)

12:20pm Victoria 2 (4′ B. Michael, 11′ K. Hronopoulos) def. NSW Metro 1 (33′ C. Holder)

1:45pm NSW Country 0 def. by Capital Football 1 (2′ J. Trewin)

3:10pm South Australia 3 (13′ E. Murray, 22′ Y. Kasumovic, 31′ A. Macdonald) drew Football West 3 (10′ & 51′ E. Lincoln, 40′ T. Baker)

15 Years

10:00am Northern NSW 4 (20′ J. Davis, 23′ K. Pisani, 26′ Z. Burnley, 35′ L. Kell) def. Queensland 1 (4′ K. Stephenson)

11:30am NSW Metro 5 (2′ J. Meads, 9′ S. Evans, 34′ N. Vukovic, 38′ T. Tumeth, 20′ S. Phonsongkham) def. Tasmania 0

1:00pm Football West 1 (22′ A. Leek) def. by Victoria 3 (14′ I. Paracki, 15′ K. Cooney-Cross, 19′ L. Richards)

3:00pm NSW Country 2 (6′ M. Mathews, 9′ A. Armstrong) def. by Capital Football 3 (8′ & 32′ M. Giorgi, 34′ L. Dawson)

South Australia BYE

13 Years

9:30am Northern NSW 5 (2′ & 28′ J. Rankin, 23′ L. James, 45′ J. Morely, 50′ M. Walker) def. South Australia 1 (45′ S. Branford)

10:55am NSW Metro 1 (36′ H. McNamara) drew Capital Football 1 (13′ I. Barac)

1:00pm Tasmania 0 def. by NSW Country 5 (23′ & 38′ T. Vacarri, 35′ K. Trappett, 40′ J. Jasnos, 42′ C. Rue)

2:25pm Football West 1 (45′ L. Castillo Burgess) drew Northern Territory 1 (25′ B. Hogan)

3:50pm Queensland 1 (41′ S. Walters) def. by Victoria 2 (12′ A. Jancevski, 14′ M. Rakic)

15 Years

9:30am Capital Football 0 def. by Victoria 1 (1′ L. Richards)

10:30am NSW Country 0 drew Tasmania 0

11:30am Northern NSW 1 (24′ L. Kell) def. South Australia 0

12:30pm Football West 0 def. by NSW Metro 3 (7′ G. Usherwood, 27′ M. Chauvet, 36′ S. Evans)

Queensland BYE

1:30pm Victoria 2 (2′ S. Sakalis, 18′ L. Richards) 2 def. Queensland 0

2:30pm Tasmania 1 (7′ I. Ferrier) drew Capital Football 1 (32′ M. Giorgi)

3:30pm NSW Metro 2 (31′ S. Phonsongkham, 35′ G. Usherwood) drew Northern NSW 2 (9′ T. Tamplin, 37′ L. Kell)

4:30pm South Australia 1 (OG) drew NSW Country 1 (G. Lewis)

Football West BYE

early_to_the_match
13-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Do you notice they are the results for 13 and 15 years in July!!!! Nationals for boys are 13 and 14 years age groups in October. They are all girls results hence the comments about girls championships and best players/goalkeepers have girls names.

Goatscheese
13-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Do you notice they are the results for 13 and 15 years in July!!!! Nationals for boys are 13 and 14 years age groups in October. They are all girls results hence the comments about girls championships and best players/goalkeepers have girls names.

I think your browser is loading a cached version, this extract is from the website and has been on there for awhile.

Day 5, Friday October 7 2016

Full List of Winners:

Referee of the Championships
13 Years: Hassan Jomaa (Football NSW)
14 Years: Max Crane (Football Queensland)

Player of the Championships
13 Years: Cristian Volpato ((NSW Metro Blue)
14 Years: Christopher Moreray (QLD Metro)

Goal Keeper of the Championships
13 Years: Declan Price (NSW Metro Blue)
14 Years: Ahmed Talab (Victoria Country)

13 Years
Group B Winners: NSW Country
National Champions: NSW Metro Blue

14 Years
Group B Winners: NSW Metro White

13 Years

7:30am NSW Metro Blue 3 (2′ A. Simmons, 18′ G. Popovic, 43′ P. Grozoc) def. Football West 0

8:50am Queensland Metro 4 (16′ L. Johnston, 25′ E. Ali-Sheme, 30′ H. Pegg, 60′ B. Atwal) def. South Australia 2 (4′ & 37′ J. Konstandopoulos)

10:10am NNSW Metro 2 (3′ T. Parkes, 12′ S. Haren) drew Capital Football (14′ L. Florez, 30′ E. Barar)

11:30am NNSW Country (4′ Z. Watts, 37′ & 44′ L. Townsend, 49′ Z. Addis, 54′ Z. Skrtic) def. Northern Territory 0

12:50pm NSW Metro Blue 3 (41′ OG, 58′ G. Popovic, 60′ J. Roddy) def. Victoria Metro 2 (42′ M. Branov, 54′ D. Lucente)

2:10pm NSW Metro White 0 def. Victoria Country 3 (8′ J. Rachele, 31′ E. Debebe, 60′ J. Colantuono)

3:30pm Queensland Country (18′ & 45′ B. Dellapina, 29′ T. Ius) def. Tasmania 2 (22′ B. Ait Maamar, 36′ J. Parish)

4:50pm NSW Country 6 (9′ E. Efsathiou, 11′ C. Stormonth, 17′ J. Codemo, 22′ S. Hernander, 29′ J. Codemo, 32′ C. Sully) def. NNSW Country 0

14 Years

8:20am NNSW Country 1 (12′ S. Modderno) def. NSW Metro White 6 (27′ J. Bilanozic, 41′ & 59′ P. Phillips, 52′ & 65′ J. Maniti, 69′ M. Chung)

9:50am NSW Country 3 (3′ A. Kalde, 30′ & 61′ E. Brooker) drew Victoria Country 3 (6′ N. Volarevic, 49′ M. Noggler, 65′ M. Ritchie)

11:20am NSW Metro Blue 1 (13′ J. Kucharski) def. by Football West 2 (7′ D. Leonard, 20′ M. de Araujo)

12:40pm Queensland Country 2 (54′ & 6′ C. Minuzzo) drew Tasmania 2 (16′ & 35′ A. McKay)

2:10pm Queensland Metro 1 (5′ J. Beardsley) drew South Australia 1 (33′ L. Benedetti)

3:30pm NNSW Metro 5 (6′ S. Montefiore, 19′ T. Mureverwi, 24′ J. Gardner, 27′ J. Simmons, 32′ N. Martinelli) def. Capital Football 2 (47′ & 56′ Z. Barbanto)

4:50pm NSW Metro Blue 0 def. by Victoria Metro 2 (9′ J.Tountas, 16′ G. Stellitano)

Day 4, Thursday 6 October 2016

13 Years

8:00am Tasmania 6 (1′, 19′ & 43′ J. Parish, 9′ & 12′ B. Ait Maamar, 25′ O. Schwarz) def. Northern Territory 0

9:20am NNSW Country 0 def. NSW Metro White 3 (43′ Z. Ahluwalla, 46′ D. Milicic, 60′ P. Araullo)

10:40am Queensland Country 0 def. by NSW Country (26′ W. Polkinghorne, 55′ J. Codemo, 59′ OG)

12:00pm South Australia 3 (50′ A. Leombruno, 52′ & 55′ M. Cittadini) def. Victoria Metro 0

1:20pm Tasmania 1 (16′ B. Ait Maamar) def. Victoria Country 5 (1′ J. Rachele, 3′ G. O’Reilly, 16′ E. Debebe, 29′ B. Whitmore, 37′ T. Pisani)

2:40pm Capital Football 0 def. NSW Metro Blue 5 (3′ & 39′ A. Kikade, 6′ F. Todhunter, 26′ & 59′ T. Parkes)

4:00pm Queensland Metro 2 (35′ E. Ali-Sheme, 40′ B. Atwal) def. NNSW Metro 1 (51′ T. Parkes)

5:20pm South Australia 0 def. Football West 1 (29′ J. Leader)

14 Years

8:00am South Australia 2 (24′ R. Muhoma, 36′ Y. Dukuy) def. by Victoria Metro 3 (18′ B. Kirdir, 26′ & 32′ L. Duzel)

9:20am Capital Football 0 def. by NSW Metro Blue 5 (6′ E. Dolo, 18′ & 27′ N. Botic, 22′ E. Parlis, 47′ E. Tzanakis)

10:40am Queensland Metro 4 (20′ C. Morseray, 22′ J. Courtney, 27′ & 57′ B. Braunstorfer) def. NNSW Metro 2 (35′ L. Bayliss, 43′ A. Sherrat)

12:00pm NSW Country 1 (64′ I. Hovar) def. NNSW Country 0

1:30pm South Australia 0 def. Football West 4 (6′ C. Bramwell, 11′ T. Ostler, 17′ D. Leonard, 43′ J. Muir)

2:50pm Queensland Country 0 def by NSW Metro White 3 (37′ P. Phillips, 43′ OG, 68′ G. Panuccio)

4:20pm Tasmania 0 def. by Victoria Country 2 (47′ & 53′ N. Volarevic)

Day 3, Wednesday 5th October 2016

13 Years

8:00am Football West 2 (27′ J. Gorman, 47′ J. Leader) def. NNSW Metro 1 (2′ W. Ingram)

9:20am Queensland Metro 2 (55′ & 60′ J. Moreland) drew Capital Football 2 (4′ & 57′ L. Florez)

10:40am South Australia 0 def. by NSW Metro Blue 3 (18′ N. Triantis, 26′ J. Roddy, 42′ G. Popovic)

12:00pm Northern Territory 0 def. NSW Country 10 (1′ B. Foxall, 4′ & 54′ J. Codemo, 6′ S. Hernandez, 14′ B. Egan, 21′ & 28′ C. Sully, 34′ W. Polkinghorne, 40′, T. Ward, 6′ K. Watts)

1:20pm Queensland Country 0 def. by NNSW Country 3 (2′, 29′ & 37′ S. de Wit)

2:40pm Capital Football 0 def. by Football West 3 (25′ C. Belladonna, 30′ & 50′ L. Brothers)

4:00pm Victoria Metro 0 drew NNSW Metro 0

5:20pm Tasmania 1 (31′ B. Ait Maamar) drew NSW Metro White 1 (55′ D. Milicic)

6:40pm Victoria Country 0 drew NSW Country 0

14 Years

8:00am NNSW Country 0 def. by Queensland Country 1 (49′ A. Powell)

9:30am Tasmania 2 (9′ &42′ S. Tooze) def. NSW Country 1 (39′ R. Lavelle)

11:00am Football West 2 (55′ T. Ostler, 57′ J. Petrie) drew NNSW Metro 2 (5′ A. Sherratt, 53′ B. Wells)

12:20pm Victoria Country 1 (10′ N. Volarevic) drew NSW Metro White 1 (25′ P. Phillips)

1:50pm Queensland Metro 4 (19′ B. Boyce, 27′ J. Beardsley, 40′ T. Karenzo, 59′ J. Hong) def. Capital Football 1 (46′ Z. Barbatano)

3:10pm South Australia 3 (9′ L. Lawrie-Lattanzio, 24′ A. Popovic, 30′ Y. Dukuly) drew NSW Metro Blue 3 (16′ & 60′ J. Kucharski)

4:30pm Victoria Metro 4 (14′ & 16′ B. Kirder, 24′ J. Bos, 45′ D. Menelou) def. NNSW Metro 2 (7′ J. Simmons, 38′ N. Martinelli)

5:50pm Capital Football 2 (12′ D. Nedeski, 22′ Z. Barbataro) def. by Football West 4 (1′ R. Warland, 55′ D. Leonard, 56′ T. Ostler, 60′ D. Walsh)

13 Years

8:00am Northern Territory 0 def. by Queensland Country (1′ & 20′ T. Ius, 13′ A. Freeman, 18′, 35′ & 35′ T. Kudo, 25′ I. Folgin)

9:20am NSW Country 4 (22′ J. Codemo, 39′ C. Sully, 50′ J. Bertolissio, 53′ D. Efstathiou) def. NSW Metro White 0

10:40am NNSW Country 1 (29′ Z. Watts) def. by Tasmania 2 (3′ D. Taylor, 48′ B. Ait Maamar)

12:00pm Football West 2 (20′ J. Leader, 47′ C. Belladonna) def. Queensland Metro 0

1:20pm NSW Metro White 8 (2′ M. Panetta, 3′ & 58′ J. Lowalle, 18′ & 30′ D. Milicic, 51′, 52′ & 55′ B. Gibson) def. Northern Territory 0

2:40pm Victoria Country 3 (11′ & 13′ E. Debebe, 50′ J. Rachele) def. Queensland Country 0

4:00pm NNSW Metro 1 (4′ S. Haren) def. by NSW Metro Blue 2 (35′ & 41′ J. Roddy)

5:20pm Capital Football 2 (15′ E. Stamatis, 25′ A. Milicevic) def. South Australia 1 (29′ R. Thompson)

5:30pm Victoria Metro 3 (1′ D. Anastovski, 2′ M. Branov, 30′ E. Peios) def. by Queensland Metro 4 (21′ & 26′ L. Johnston, 36′ B. Atwal, 41′ H. Pegg)

14 Years

8:00am Football West 1 (50′ J. Muir) drew Queensland Metro 1 (48′ J. Beardsley)

9:20am NNSW Metro 1 (3′ T. Mureverwi) drew NSW Metro Blue 1 (57′ A. Mlinaric)

10:40am Capital Football 1 (18′ H. Jagla) def. by South Australia 5 (4′ A. Popovic, 14′ L. Benedetti, 15′ R. Rodrigues Borges, 18′ & 31′ R. Muhoma)

12:00pm Tasmania 2 (7′ & 68′ A. Saracino) def. NNSW Country 1 (70′ S. Modderno)

1:30pm Victoria Metro 4 (2′ & 14′ G. Stellitano, 21′ B. Kirda, 58′ J. Varga) def. Queensland Metro 2 (41′ J. Hong, 52′ H. Arnison)

2:50pm Victoria Country 1 (24′ C. Ramsay) def. by Queensland Country 2 (49′ S. Mwiseneza, 52′ C. Minuzzo)

4:20pm NSW Metro White 2 (4′ J. Belkadi, 70′ L. Grimshaw) def. NSW Country 1 (60′ B. Smith)

13 Years

9:00am Football West 1 (33′ C. Belladonna) drew Victoria Metro 1 (57′ M. Grimaldi)

10:20am NNSW Metro 0 def. by South Australia 1 (53′ R. Thompson)

11:40am NSW Metro Blue 4 (21′ P. Grozos, 43′ & 56′ N. Triantis, 47′ J. Roddy) def. Queensland Metro 1 (18′ B. Atwal)

1:00pm Northern Territory 0 def. by Victoria Country 5 (5′, 10′ & 23′ E. Debebe, 38′ M. Stosic, 51′ L. Skoko)

2:20pm Victoria Metro 1 (55′ M. Branov) def. by Capital Football 2 (32′ A. Milicevic, 9′ L. Florez)

3:40pm NSW Country 7 (14′ J. Codemo, 15′ & 30′ C. Stormonth, 22′ T. Ward, 33′ J. Bertolissio, 40′ D. Efstathiou, 56′ K. Watts) def. Tasmania 1 (19′ B. Cooper)

5:00pm NSW Metro White 2 (7′ B. Gibson, 12′ T. Ruperto) def. Queensland Country 1 (35′ T. Faix)

6:20pm Victoria Country 1 (21′ T. Pisani) def. NNSW Country 0

14 Years

9:00am NNSW Country 1 (39′ OG) def. by Victoria Country 2 (9′ M. Noggler, 26′ C. Ramsay)

10:30am NSW Metro White 3 (32′ M. Chung, 64′ J. Bilandzic, 66′ L. Grimshaw) def. Tasmania 1 (26′ O. Davis)

12:00pm Football West 4 (5′ & 33′ D. Leonard, 15′ & 37′ T. Ostler) def. Victoria Metro 1 (60′ L. Duzel)

1:20pm NSW Country 1 (46′ J. Mitchell) def. Queensland Country 0

2:50pm NNSW Metro 3 (34′ T. Mureverwi, 53′ B. Wells, 64′ N. Martinelli) def. South Australia 1 (18′ D. Bressan)

4:10pm NSW Metro Blue 1 (46′ D. Kostopolous) def. Queensland Metro 0

5:30pm Victoria Metro 9 (14′, 22′ & 30′ D. Menelou, 27′ J. Tountas, 39′ G. Matteo Chinapen, 45′ J. Varga, 50′ G. Stellitano, 53′ B. Kirdar, 60′ J. Bos) def. Capital Football 0

Goatscheese
13-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Valo have done most of theirs.

early_to_the_match
13-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Thanks Goat, I finally logged onto a computer and found the information. Clearly a different version to mobile website. I was only getting the info like football magician pasted in earlier thread - mainly girls results. I thought one of us was going mad. The final results spreadsheet is also unavailable on mobile version of website. Maybe NNSWF can fix or at least offer link to full website in future.

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2016, 08:27 PM
I was deadset losing my mind watching this unfold. I'm glad you worked it out. I was somewhere in the middle. I couldn't access the results either, but the table worked fine.

prawnhead
13-10-2016, 09:07 PM
I was deadset losing my mind watching this unfold. I'm glad you worked it out. I was somewhere in the middle. I couldn't access the results either, but the table worked fine.

Finally someone cut to the chase. Underperforming again it seems. Been many years now.

football_macigian23
25-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Thoughts on NPL Youth draw for 2017?? Only 20 game season.. All games against North Coast & Northern Inland played at LMRFF for home matches..

hamburgler
25-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Thoughts on NPL Youth draw for 2017?? Only 20 game season.. All games against North Coast & Northern Inland played at LMRFF for home matches..

Haven't seen it. Can you provide link?

With 14 teams, and only 20 games are you saying teams don't play each other twice?

LongSufferingFan
26-10-2016, 09:02 AM

With 14 teams, and only 20 games are you saying teams don't play each other twice?

That's my understanding although I think the draw is still in draft form.
Interesting how NNSWFootball can make their two big fields available every weekend for NPL Youth matches for NC, NIF and EJ's when it suits them. Try booking them yourself and see how far you get.

football_macigian23
26-10-2016, 03:52 PM

Yep that's correct.. You play all teams once and then the rest is luck of the draw.. The teams that we play once in 2017, you play twice in 2018

football_macigian23
26-10-2016, 03:53 PM
What happens if your one games against Adamstown gets washed out and it doesn't get replayed??

goaliepersempre
26-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Yep that's correct.. You play all teams once and then the rest is luck of the draw.. The teams that we play once in 2017, you play twice in 2018

Stupid idea...

GO AWAY
27-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Bit rough where clubs have to travel away, CCB for instance I think have a trip to Taree and Coffs Harbour, but when they travel down here, our club recoups no $$$ at all through canteen sales, instead profits will be going to nnsw and the lmrff, icing on the cake will be when nnsw hit the home clubs up for referees fees as its our home game, even though it's played at lmrff.... Wouldn't put it past them.

hamburgler
27-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Bit rough where clubs have to travel away, CCB for instance I think have a trip to Taree and Coffs Harbour, but when they travel down here, our club recoups no $$$ at all through canteen sales, instead profits will be going to nnsw and the lmrff, icing on the cake will be when nnsw hit the home clubs up for referees fees as its our home game, even though it's played at lmrff.... Wouldn't put it past them.

Northern at its inefficient best. So we have to travel to Coffs Harbour on a Sunday (most game Sunday next year), with a 3pm kick-off. Will leave Coffs around 5, have stop for dinner, and get home at 10.30 - 11.00pm with school the next day. No common sense in that.

Also, why are MNC and Northern Inland any different? Takes about 3 hours to get Tamworth and 3 hours to get to Port Macquarie. Why are the rules different when playing Northern Inland and MNC. As you say Go Away, clubs miss out on home ground revenues and have the displeasure of playing at the worst facility in the area at Speers Point.

And hopefully one of the Northern drongos can see some common sense and change the first round washout rule, with second round games played for double points cause every team has 6 sides they only play once! All very amateur!

Swanky
27-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Games are being played at the NNSW Synthetic Stadium to avoid washouts and can have 2 grounds running simultaneously to allow the 1pm & 3pm SATURDAY kickoffs

Don't forget this is a draft draw so Game days may change.

Goatscheese
27-10-2016, 08:09 PM
And hopefully one of the Northern drongos can see some common sense and change the first round washout rule, with second round games played for double points cause every team has 6 sides they only play once!

Out of curiosity what would you suggest? I would say weekday rounds but those from outside of town can't do that, unless they play both Saturday and Sunday.

I can see them saying that if the two teams don't play each other in the second round then it is declared a nil-all draw.

All very amateur!

This is Northern we are talking about.

hamburgler
27-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Out of curiosity what would you suggest? I would say weekday rounds but those from outside of town can't do that, unless they play both Saturday and Sunday.

I can see them saying that if the two teams don't play each other in the second round then it is declared a nil-all draw.

This is Northern we are talking about.

Don't give clubs the opportunity to chose which games it suits them to replay and which ones they don't. A rule similar to seniors whereby clubs have a designated night to replay wash out games within a fortnight. Works in seniors.

And without disrespecting anybody who plays this great game, if all interdistrict games even down to z grade can be replayed, across every age group, then why he bloody hell is it such a big deal to reschedule youth NPL games?

Stuffed if I know!

Bremsstrahlung
27-10-2016, 11:15 PM
For inner city teams, this probably isn't such a massive commitment. And is possible. Yes, it would put some strain on clubs and more work for the already overworked volunteers. But it probably is somewhat possible. But what about the coast teams? Are you willing to play a catch up game in Coffs Harbour on a Wednesday with a weeks notice?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the idea of these washout rules a lot, but I'm just playing devils advocate.

hamburgler
27-10-2016, 11:23 PM
For inner city teams, this probably isn't such a massive commitment. And is possible. Yes, it would put some strain on clubs and more work for the already overworked volunteers. But it probably is somewhat possible. But what about the coast teams? Are you willing to play a catch up game in Coffs Harbour on a Wednesday with a weeks notice?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the idea of these washout rules a lot, but I'm just playing devils advocate.

Agree the north coast, northern inland and mac ganes are more difficult in so far as the away games are concerned. Our home games against north coast and northern inland won't be washed out being played on synthetic. Rule for those away washed out games could simply be to replay on one of the 3 spare weekends in the draw!

Goatscheese
28-10-2016, 02:03 AM

In the WPL when a washout match has to be played against FMNC they schedule to play on the weekend no reason why that can't be done in youth.

Why Blue
04-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Big congrats to Noah James on his call up to jets squad.......massive effort for a 15yo and credit to Jones & Zane for giving him a chance
Good kid, product of the emerging jets, with Kahibah and CCB stints, still remember U/11 state champs at Coffs were Noah kept his first games, was a natural from then and had worked hard for this opportunity
Good luck..

The Magician
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Big congrats to Noah James on his call up to jets squad.......massive effort for a 15yo and credit to Jones & Zane for giving him a chance
Good kid, product of the emerging jets, with Kahibah and CCB stints, still remember U/11 state champs at Coffs were Noah kept his first games, was a natural from then and had worked hard for this opportunity
Good luck..

Congratulations Jim Fogarty more like it.

Why Blue
04-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Yeah just read that !!!
Take back credit I gave to Jones & Zane........massive no confidence vote for the 15yo

Don't understand this, surely Noah would have benifited from the experience

Y Bloo?
04-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Noah a quality keeper but looks like he'll have to wait a bit longer yet, now Fogarty signed for short term.

Y Bloo?
04-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah just read that !!!
Take back credit I gave to Jones & Zane........massive no confidence vote for the 15yo

Don't understand this, surely Noah would have benifited from the experience
More importantly would team benefit from his lack of experience. His time will come.

Apollo Creed
04-11-2016, 05:44 PM
More importantly would team benefit from his lack of experience. His time will come.

good kid and future potential
but really 15, in 1st team as GK.
again the Jets taking the piss, out of themselves with how they handled the media, announcement then signing foggerty.
anyway Fogerty, as there best option- I would think Danny Ireland, is far superior, and as bonus can catch a ball

goaliepersempre
04-11-2016, 06:35 PM
again the Jets taking the piss, out of themselves with how they handled the media, announcement then signing foggerty.
anyway Fogerty, as there best option- I would think Danny Ireland, is far superior, and as bonus can catch a ball

Dounaroma or hoever you spell it ac milan was pretty young buffon was 16.... lol

Why Blue
04-11-2016, 06:41 PM

Is Ireland still in Newcastle ???

Can someone confirm ?? Heard he may have gone south

Apollo Creed
04-11-2016, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=goaliepersempre;166471]Dounaroma or hoever you spell it ac milan was pretty young buffon was 16.... lol[/QU

great keepers
big comparisons there.
im sure they werent 5ft, at that age
lol

Apollo Creed
04-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Is Ireland still in Newcastle ???

Can someone confirm ?? Heard he may have gone south

at $1500 a game
Im sure he is up north
definitely best keeper in NNSW, the rest are rated between 2-6 out of 10, DI i think 8

winner
04-11-2016, 07:52 PM
at $1500 a game
Im sure he is up north
definitely best keeper in NNSW, the rest are rated between 2-6 out of 10, DI i think 8

$1500 a game in the local npl. You can't be serious ? That's $30000 for the season. He is the best gk in the comp by a long way but no one in the local league is worth that sort of $$$.

seldom
05-11-2016, 12:15 AM

FFA Cup....:blush:

Y Bloo?
07-12-2016, 06:13 PM
NNSWF at it again. Trying to hide results of NTC challenge. Their website filled with womens competition promotion but only a last minute mention of the elite boys playing in a national competition in Canberra's AIS. All scores listed on PDF sheet must be last years since the spreadsheet had all scores filled out before the comp started.
As usual, very poor reporting on boys.

Apollo Creed
07-12-2016, 08:45 PM
NNSWF at it again. Trying to hide results of NTC challenge. Their website filled with womens competition promotion but only a last minute mention of the elite boys playing in a national competition in Canberra's AIS. All scores listed on PDF sheet must be last years since the spreadsheet had all scores filled out before the comp started.

comon bluey!
were you expecting Davey E to inbox you with the results.

Y Bloo?
07-12-2016, 10:41 PM
comon bluey!
were you expecting Davey E to inbox you with the results.
Yeah, should have known better than to expect any level of professional competence.

Dontknowmuch
08-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Its actually a disgrace that these results haven't been posted anywhere. You would hope that the results wern't poor and that is the reason why there has been no mention of them anywhere. Good or bad surely the NNSW is professional enough to let all the region know how the apparent best kids are performing in a National Comp. Would be great to see how our program is working against the rest of Australia considering the amount of time and $$$ the parents and kids have to commit to. I often wondered what the results would be if you played the Jets juniors V the best of the rest of the whole region of the same age to guage the actuall benefit of flogging the kids 40 odd weeks a year min 4 times a week. Maybe as a team with their robotic curriculum based game they would be stronger but individually I doubt it. I believe the Jets Program individualy stunts growth as a player in general game play. Creates very good freestyle ball skill kids. Just my opinion I have no facts and figures but if the results in the above mentioned tournament were poor then maybe I will have some facts and figures. It also could be a situation where everyone in the country has a similar program to the Jets. I would hope not.

Goatscheese
08-12-2016, 10:25 PM
The NNSWF team to one of the NSW team 3-0 and lost to Victoria 3-2

Y Bloo?
09-12-2016, 09:21 AM
I heard they also lost to Qld 4 - 1 and finished round robin stage in 5th place.