01-01-2016, 04:08 PM
2016 NPL Youth

ForeverRed
01-01-2016, 06:31 PM
No parents allowed

Why Blue
01-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Intelligence level of thread clearly set

What's the point ........obviously parents aren't allowed to comment on thier children

No parents ..........close it down now.....communist reds ...........

early_to_the_match
01-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Early tips?? ? ?

Why Blue
02-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Early tips?? ? ?

Valentine youth to add value to comp

NBN to do a spin off of "Dance Mums" called Magic Mums......

ForeverRed
02-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Just their general lack of knowledge peas me off, piss in me pocket know it alls, just like you

Why Blue
02-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Just their general lack of knowledge peas me off, piss in me pocket know it alls, just like you

Lucky all your knowledge helped Southy !!!!!

Would be happy to hear what you believe Southy bought to the NPL youth comp over the last two years ???

I'll start with my opinion, Nothing !!!!!!

Why Blue
02-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Early tips?? ? ?

Not one person to miss playing or spectating at Ulinga..........

mother theresa
02-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Not one person to miss playing or spectating at Ulinga..........

i will miss the centre of excellence!
:shock:

seldom
02-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Probs just need to stick to this being a NPL youth thread...not a disgruntled parents of kids who haven't made it to EJ system and have a chip on their shoulder thread.

ForeverRed
02-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Probs just need to stick to this being a NPL youth thread...not a disgruntled parents of kids who haven't made it to EJ system and have a chip on their shoulder thread.

This

Bremsstrahlung
02-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Lucky all your knowledge helped Southy !!!!!

Would be happy to hear what you believe Southy bought to the NPL youth comp over the last two years ???

I'll start with my opinion, Nothing !!!!!!

Interesting. How long have you played/served on the committee at Highfields Charlestown City Blue Azzurri Wolves for?

Why Blue
03-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Interesting. How long have you played/served on the committee at Highfields Charlestown City Blue Azzurri Wolves for?

CCB never, previous jnr club 4 years
But don't see relevance in how this gives someone's comments more or less authority ??

In my opinion FR was/is a typical senior club official who detested giving time/facilities to youth and he certainly isn't on his own !!!

And then blamed exuberant parents !!!

Why Blue
03-01-2016, 07:22 AM

Understand your sentiment ......but wrong no chip

My beef with EJ program is simple.... Whilst ever NNSWF take money from any registration fee the program should not exist.......you can't spend under 6 fees on select few
So it should be free and a training squad only........easy

early_to_the_match
03-01-2016, 08:43 AM
A lot is blamed on disgruntled parents, especially by other parents who have befriended or manipulated their way into the inner sanctums of the coaching/selection panels.
Disgruntled parents are the symptoms and not the cause of the problems that so readily exist in both club and EJ programs.
Let the coaches coach, but at least find some that have a reasonable idea about what they are doing.

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2016, 10:24 AM
But don't see relevance in how this gives someone's comments more or less authority ??

In my opinion FR was/is a typical senior club official who detested giving time/facilities to youth and he certainly isn't on his own !!!

Disagree. Southy as a club have always respected and given chances to young players.
Their U19s team before all of this NPL YOuth stuff, was comprised of mostly 15/16/17 year olds which is something not many clubs were doing. Despite this, they only missed out once or twice on semi finals football over 10 years.
And look at their first grade squad, very young squad. To say they don't like Youth is ridiculous.
FR's posts in the early days were spruiking that the focus should be on development and players progressing through the teams and eventually into seniors. He/she was saying that there is far too much emphasis on winning and win at all costs attitude is not necessarily the best environment for development. Which I agree in some respects is accurate.

Southys poor results in NPL Youth can be attributed to their location and club profile imo.
Many kids coming through interdistrict competition don't even know South cardiff is a club separate to cardiff. The first time I played southy I rocked up at cardiff. Didn't even know they existed, let alone had senior teams in NPL/NBN back then.
So those players playing in the local area would be more inclined to join the popular clubs of olympic, magic, valentine, Lake Macquarie and even edgeworth and charlestown have more drawing power. For me that's the issue more than anything.
But, id like to know why you claim he detested youth and giving them time?
You're basing an awful lot on comments made on this site in response to some clearly delusional posters. Yeh, there are some very intelligent and thoughtful posts made here regarding structure and aims of this competition but there's also a load of dickwaving and disgruntled people bringing everyone down.

ForeverRed
03-01-2016, 01:09 PM

Please stop, your knowledge is letting you down again, I did what I did and would do it all again, 22 years of happy service, happily retired now, last comment from me on this parent thread

Why Blue
03-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Please stop, your knowledge is letting you down again, I did what I did and would do it all again, 22 years of happy service, happily retired now, last comment from me on this parent thread

Have seen plenty of people do things for 22yrs and longer......don't mean they are good at it

From my experience plenty if kids came thru southy as juniors but all left before NPL youth and none went back
Now scattered between quite a few NPL clubs
Most parents claimed club/committe was a basket case and club was going no where..............Seems as though time proved them right

But hey well done on 22 years

mother theresa
04-01-2016, 06:10 AM

:yay:
finally

mother theresa
04-01-2016, 06:16 AM
every club has 15,16,17 year olds playing 19's
again, your wrong
Southy's poor result blamed on location???????
That is officially the best 2016 statement i have heard, maybe Southy should move
:wtf:

big jim
04-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Welcome 2016 look forward to a great year

Sorry forever man but Southy lost direction years ago
In 2009 southy had a pretty good 9A team, won comp from memory. By the time NPL Youth started not one of those kids played for Southy, despite 7 I think playing for other clubs in NPL
I have a good friend who is dad of one of those kids, he left Southy back in under 10's as he thought then that committe was dis interested in kids that age and guess what, was told by committe member that he was just a go getting parent.

Maybe if committe had shown some interest or initiative those kids would have stayed, others would have come to be part if a strong club OR you let them go, bloody trophy hunting parents

NPL Youth was not reason for Southy demotion, committe was,
As Blueman said just cause you do something for a long time don't mean your good at it

big jim
04-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Early tips?? ? ?

Cracker season has been some changes so always interesting to see how those will pan out
Looking forward to it

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2016, 09:12 PM
every club has 15,16,17 year olds playing 19's
again, your wrong
Southy's poor result blamed on location???????
That is officially the best 2016 statement i have heard, maybe Southy should move
:wtf:

Not talking about now.
The statement was that they didn't care about Youth.

How many Juniors did Azzurri FC have when they were relegated? 0. Big fat 0. Thats why they were relegated. They merged with the junior club to meet the criteria and paid Jim Foley to bring a team together. Props to CCB though, they went from nothing and have some pretty handy teams. But saying Southy didn't care about Youth, is ridiculous.
Same with Lakes. 0 junior teams and they were relegated.
There are definitely clubs that treat their Youth teams worse than Southy. Over the years Southy invites the Youth teams to senior training, and to complete warmups with players.

But I'm curious. What evidence is there that they don't care about Youth?

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Welcome 2016 look forward to a great year

Sorry forever man but Southy lost direction years ago
In 2009 southy had a pretty good 9A team, won comp from memory. By the time NPL Youth started not one of those kids played for Southy, despite 7 I think playing for other clubs in NPL
I have a good friend who is dad of one of those kids, he left Southy back in under 10's as he thought then that committe was dis interested in kids that age and guess what, was told by committe member that he was just a go getting parent.

Maybe if committe had shown some interest or initiative those kids would have stayed, others would have come to be part if a strong club OR you let them go, bloody trophy hunting parents

NPL Youth was not reason for Southy demotion, committe was,
As Blueman said just cause you do something for a long time don't mean your good at it

9A? seriously? I played 3 premiership winning years at Belmont in U/8, 9's and 10s and moved to Warners Bay to play with friends.
9 year olds play for fun. Change clubs for fun, discover rugby league. I would hardly blame the committee or anybody for a 9 year old leaving? what're they meant to do?

Which committee did he deal with? Juniors are separate to the NPL entity. Which is probably the biggest factor at play imo. Rectify this relationship and it breeds success.

People having a dig at Southy Committee really irks me. Have played for 2 NPL Clubs and Southy was by far superior than the former. Miles ahead. Committee respect their players and are not dictators.
Have had dealings with, and have heard from various teammates very very bad things about other clubs committee members.

big jim
05-01-2016, 10:07 AM
9A? seriously? I played 3 premiership winning years at Belmont in U/8, 9's and 10s and moved to Warners Bay to play with friends.
9 year olds play for fun. Change clubs for fun, discover rugby league. I would hardly blame the committee or anybody for a 9 year old leaving? what're they meant to do?

Which committee did he deal with? Juniors are separate to the NPL entity. Which is probably the biggest factor at play imo. Rectify this relationship and it breeds success.

People having a dig at Southy Committee really irks me. Have played for 2 NPL Clubs and Southy was by far superior than the former. Miles ahead. Committee respect their players and are not dictators.
Have had dealings with, and have heard from various teammates very very bad things about other clubs committee members.

Yes 9A seriously !

But I think you have missed my point and seemed to have jumped on the southy precious parent wagon

Which is that Southy have been losing juniors for years now, back in these age groups 9,10 & 11's macquarie had a development squad and kids still played with a club but macquarie wanted kids to play A grade, from what I was told parents approached Southy committee with this with a view to getting a few of the singles and two's from other clubs to come to Southy, yes building a strong team for sure but it goes on
Response I'm told was anti macquarie and basically told if they didn't like to go elsewhere so they did

Probably the Jnr committe but if senior committe stood by and let promising youth walk out the club it was always going to be at their peril

Bremsstrahlung
05-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Yes 9A seriously !

But I think you have missed my point and seemed to have jumped on the southy precious parent wagon

Which is that Southy have been losing juniors for years now, back in these age groups 9,10 & 11's macquarie had a development squad and kids still played with a club but macquarie wanted kids to play A grade, from what I was told parents approached Southy committee with this with a view to getting a few of the singles and two's from other clubs to come to Southy, yes building a strong team for sure but it goes on
Response I'm told was anti macquarie and basically told if they didn't like to go elsewhere so they did

Probably the Jnr committe but if senior committe stood by and let promising youth walk out the club it was always going to be at their peril

It's important to note the last sentence.
The juniors and seniors may as well be separate clubs. Much the same as Lake Macquarie and Lake Macquaurie City.
I'm not privvy to the relationship between the two and my opinion would be biased towards the senior club.
From what you've said, regarding the club and macquarie situation, it definitely sounds like the junior committee which is definitely not the committee in charge of NPL.
For the future of Southy the 2 should rectify their differences and do what's best for the club as a whole.
I understand what you are saying but the Juniors have no interest in NPL and have heard they are quite stubborn regarding facility use/canteen things etc.

I don't believe your above experience is at all a reflection of the NPL committee.

Why Blue
05-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Let's get back to NPL Youth

Plenty if good to talk about with out going over very old ground

What's ppl' thoughts on Valo ????
Have heard of some kids going to them, some back to them which is great

hamburgler
05-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Let's get back to NPL Youth

Plenty if good to talk about with out going over very old ground

What's ppl' thoughts on Valo ????
Have heard of some kids going to them, some back to them which is great

From what I've heard a few decent kids going there. A few CCb and Magic boys in 15s & 17s, should go ok.

mother theresa
05-01-2016, 02:03 PM
From what I've heard a few decent kids going there. A few CCb and Magic boys in 15s & 17s, should go ok.

Valo to win 17's
strong side

Why Blue
05-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Valo to win 17's
strong side

Big early call there MT
I knew a few from Magic 15's went there not sure who else though
Where did they come from ???

Why Blue
05-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Did any 2015 15's CCB kids go there ??
Thought most stayed ??

mother theresa
05-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Big early call there MT
I knew a few from Magic 15's went there not sure who else though
Where did they come from ???

Southy
lol

Predictions:
13- FMNC
14- FMNC/ MAGIC
15- BUDS
17- VALO/ OLYMPIC

hamburgler
05-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Did any 2015 15's CCB kids go there ??
Thought most stayed ??

No idea, but the person I spoke to said 1 definite, maybe a second from 2015 CCB 14's gone to Valo

Bremsstrahlung
05-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Bit of a question for you guys.
I was thinking a little about Valo and how strong their youth used to be, almost on par with magic/olympic in the younger ages. And it got me thinking what should happen to NPL clubs who are relegated. I won't use southy as an example due to their poor results.
But I'll give you a hypothetical and would be interested in your opinions.

Say CCB get relegated. They obviously have some pretty handy youth teams in the NPL Youth. What do you think should happen to them? Do you think it's right that a club can set up such a program and player network and lose them all because their first grade didn't perform. So should they remain? Should they lose their spot? Should there be perhaps a 2 conference approach for all clubs with an NPL License?

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Bit of a question for you guys.
I was thinking a little about Valo and how strong their youth used to be, almost on par with magic/olympic in the younger ages. And it got me thinking what should happen to NPL clubs who are relegated. I won't use southy as an example due to their poor results.
But I'll give you a hypothetical and would be interested in your opinions.

Say CCB get relegated. They obviously have some pretty handy youth teams in the NPL Youth. What do you think should happen to them? Do you think it's right that a club can set up such a program and player network and lose them all because their first grade didn't perform. So should they remain? Should they lose their spot? Should there be perhaps a 2 conference approach for all clubs with an NPL License?

I believe it is wrong, has been mentioned many times on this forum, current format only rewards 1st grade performance, so clubs concentrate on this and really who can blame them

I would like to see 5yr licences and 12 teams ( and so would NNSWF I think )
Also proposed changes to club championship, although imagine if a club was relegated after winning 1st grade and U13's poor performance cost them ???

CCB had a scare in 2015, with the prospect of your hyperthetical eventuating and they talked positively about the need for 1st grade to perform to protect thier investment in youth, problem is how do they do it ???

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 08:24 AM
MT
Maybe very close

Predictions:
13- FMNC
14- FMNC/ MAGIC
15- BUDS
17- VALO/ OLYMPIC

I think 13's could see EJ's strong as well, good coach but is talent there and can he coach 12yo kids ??

14's really don't know

15's Buds should be strong with last years magic14 gf winning team

17's throw in Weston and CCB

Goatscheese
06-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I believe it is wrong, has been mentioned many times on this forum, current format only rewards 1st grade performance, so clubs concentrate on this and really who can blame them

I would like to see 5yr licences and 12 teams ( and so would NNSWF I think )
Also proposed changes to club championship, although imagine if a club was relegated after winning 1st grade and U13's poor performance cost them ???

CCB had a scare in 2015, with the prospect of your hyperthetical eventuating and they talked positively about the need for 1st grade to perform to protect thier investment in youth, problem is how do they do it ???

Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".

Goatscheese
06-01-2016, 11:20 AM
15's Buds should be strong with last years magic14 gf winning team

Is that where they ended up going?

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 01:46 PM

So I'm told
Buds seem to do youth pretty well

So hopefully the move will be benificial for the kids

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".

That idea works .....keeps youth in A or B based on thier performance not 1st grade

Play off between A's & B's for promo and religation would be different for each grade ???

Would kill the NPL all teams play on one day that NNSWF seem to like

But defiantly fairer than current system

Atown
06-01-2016, 01:55 PM

No

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 02:11 PM
No

Interesting so all last years 14's are back ??

I had heard that a lot of magic 14's from 15 went there
But if you are close to the team than you should know
Thx

Atown
06-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Thx

I had to ask the question to get the answer but fairly certain all the kids from 14s are moving up to 15s.

I heard a lot of Magic 14s had gone to Valo ?

hamburgler
06-01-2016, 02:16 PM

Thx

I heard Olympic, e jets, edgeworth

Atown
06-01-2016, 03:54 PM
WB
buds do youth pretty well?
please explain further- 1 team ( next years 15's) in 2 years make the top 4, THATS IT!
As for developing and promoting Buds juniors into NPL...
Famous words from Scribe
"How many , not many, if any not many"

What would you be expecting of a club in 2 years MT ?

Do you have any experience of the work involved in taking a club that was for the best part of a decade in the NewFM and try to take the club to a position that it can be competitive across all NPL grades ?

FYI , its not an easy job and takes the hard work of players , coaches , committee , parents , council , volunteers ... the list really is endless !

Same goes for all the other clubs in this region trying their hardest to develop whilst also having to work within the challenging rules and regulations that Northern NSW / FFA are demanding of us.

This little phrase I love "better to try and fail than to never have tried at all" (William F. O'Brien ).

Goatscheese
06-01-2016, 04:45 PM
That idea works .....keeps youth in A or B based on thier performance not 1st grade

Play off between A's & B's for promo and religation would be different for each grade ???

Would kill the NPL all teams play on one day that NNSWF seem to like

But defiantly fairer than current system

Well promo and relegation would be based on a Club Championship perhaps higher age groups have a slightly higher rating but certainly means those clubs that are stronger through all the squads rather than it based on one would find themselves in contention for promotion into A (or staying up there).

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
I heard Olympic, e jets, edgeworth

Yes had heard some to EJ's

Why are the rest leaving ?? The proposed coach was moved on as requested

MFKS
06-01-2016, 07:06 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with the idea at all

Seems rather stupid clubs like Valo have built an NPL Yoof set up then scaled it back and then have to rebuild it again as they move between NPL New FM and back

Add in Lakes and Southy now and in theory we could have another few clubs in the NPL Yoof if they kept their Yoof Programs going

Reality is it is a positive for those clubs and the region to keep going at this level even if the Senior Sides are in New FM

NNSW should also be forcing the New FM clubs looking for promotion to the NPL to be getting their juniors sorted in advance so they are ready as a club when the time comes

NewyTy
06-01-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm not involved with the club but from outside looking in it seems as though Lakes have their NPL Youth set-up still working fine. A fair few New-FM clubs are putting in A grade squads across the age groups. I know Kahibah are having 11/12A's this year. I think the New-FM clubs are realizing they have to go with the youth set-up or risk being left behind if the proposed NPL rules come in to effect. I'd expect Valo to be decent in most grades this season but I guess you can never be sure.

Why Blue
06-01-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm not involved with the club but from outside looking in it seems as though Lakes have their NPL Youth set-up still working fine. A fair few New-FM clubs are putting in A grade squads across the age groups. I know Kahibah are having 11/12A's this year. I think the New-FM clubs are realizing they have to go with the youth set-up or risk being left behind if the proposed NPL rules come in to effect. I'd expect Valo to be decent in most grades this season but I guess you can never be sure.

Lakes lost players when demoted but not as bad as you would have expected !!! But little gimmicks like the trip to Borneo etc helped keep some there

Think this year has seen plenty move on again, with new TD at CCB taking a few up there with him ( apparently deals done in Borneo )

So really they have suffered

Kahibah may struggle with Gumps not doing juniors

I think Valo will be ok, hit the phones pretty hard and were trying to get players back, hope it worked for them

mother theresa
06-01-2016, 08:55 PM
What would you be expecting of a club in 2 years MT ?

Do you have any experience of the work involved in taking a club that was for the best part of a decade in the NewFM and try to take the club to a position that it can be competitive across all NPL grades ?

FYI , its not an easy job and takes the hard work of players , coaches , committee , parents , council , volunteers ... the list really is endless !

Same goes for all the other clubs in this region trying their hardest to develop whilst also having to work within the challenging rules and regulations that Northern NSW / FFA are demanding of us.

This little phrase I love "better to try and fail than to never have tried at all" (William F. O'Brien ).

club in 2 years???
1 day its 100 years , next day its 2 years!
which 1 is it Atown.
Either way, how many of the Buds juniors were promoted from the Buds Junior club?

Zico
06-01-2016, 08:57 PM
club in 2 years???
which 1 is it Atown.
Either way, how many of the Buds juniors were promoted from the Buds Junior club?
To be fair the junior club you speak of are rubbish and struggling to survive.
I am an out and out, one eyed Magic supporter but the 2 junior clubs are like chalk and cheese.

big jim
06-01-2016, 09:08 PM

I like this
Well thought out

We need for clubs to be able to prosper from youth development, time allows this
Year to year relegation does not

mother theresa
06-01-2016, 09:11 PM
I am an out and out, one eyed Magic supporter but the 2 junior clubs are like chalk and cheese.

Your right Zico

As a foundation club in NNSW, zero emphasis on developing there own.
The last 2 years, they have brought in Macquarie coaches, with majority of there SUPER teams- were poor and failed , this year i believe a Lakes coach and Lakes players, aswell as Newcastle Football team and coach????

Zico
06-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Your right Zico

As a foundation club in NNSW, zero emphasis on developing there own.
The last 2 years, they have brought in Macquarie coaches, with majority of there SUPER teams- were poor and failed , this year i believe a Lakes coach and Lakes players, aswell as Newcastle Football team and coach????
You have missed my point as I was actually defending the senior club due to the lack of a quality run club in Adamstown Juniors, it's hard to segregate junior players into a category of their own when all our clubs are within a 10km radius of each other. If a club can associate themselves with the SAP coaches and a local association then they need congratulating rather than bagging as it shows they have the forward thinking to be successful and are willing to develop good players from 13 years old.
Enough praising another club, Magic to win all 7 grades in 2016 (hopefully lol)

mother theresa
06-01-2016, 09:41 PM
You have missed my point as I was actually defending the senior club due to the lack of a quality run club in Adamstown Juniors, it's hard to segregate junior players into a category of their own when all our clubs are within a 10km radius of each other. If a club can associate themselves with the SAP coaches and a local association then they need congratulating rather than bagging as it shows they have the forward thinking to be successful and are willing to develop good players from 13 years old.
Enough praising another club, Magic to win all 7 grades in 2016 (hopefully lol)

understood your point 100%, however congratulating a club on relying only from the so call elite programs -hmmmm! hasn't paid dividends thus far, maybe this year!
Magic to win all 7 grades... your a crack up
wish them all well in season 2016- looking forward to it

Atown
07-01-2016, 07:32 AM
club in 2 years???
which 1 is it Atown.

MT , I am more than happy to hold a conversation with you but only if it stays on football and does not go all silly (children tend to cry when this happens).

The 2 years I was referring to was in conjunction with a previous post that you made about 1 finals spot in that period of time . A post which you have taken down for some reason. (one would imagine an attempt to make your point look more worthy). Not cool, MT please keep our conversation in context with the points we are addressing please , which is difficult when posts vanish.

I have copied it and re-posted it for you here . Please see below

"WB
buds do youth pretty well?
please explain further- 1 team ( next year’s 15's) in 2 years make the top 4, THATS IT!
As for developing and promoting Buds juniors into NPL...
Famous words from Scribe
"How many , not many, if any not many"

That aside your point though is noted MT and something I am sure the club is working hard to address as 1 finals spot in 2 years is not a great record.

As for the juniors , ZICO has addressed that point so no need for me to add to it.

You never did answer my question about you having any experience of trying to establish a competitive club in the NPL but that’s OK , we can move on from that.

If however you have then please get in touch with the club as more hands make lighter work !

Have a great day .

sancho_theswan
07-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Sorry, I don't jump on here all that often but...Am I missing the point of NPL Youth or what???? Is the success of a clubs' youth system judged by the number of players they retain and develop for their senior club or how many final series / trophies the youth teams collect????
Please enlighten me!

italian stallion
07-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Atown you will find MT talks a good game but that's all it is talk.he avoids questions, has rarely anything positive to say and never does anything to improve things just complains

mother theresa
07-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Atown you will find MT talks a good game but that's all it is talk.he avoids questions, has rarely anything positive to say and never does anything to improve things just complains

not at all IS! lol
ATown, i have no experience in comittees, cooking bbq's etc to answer your question, i dont complain any more than any other person on forum.
They are my opinions, like everyone else on the forum, hence why its a forum
I hope that helps, a great job your doing!
welcome back IS, i thought bears only hibernated in winter?

big jim
07-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Agree mother man
This is a public forum were people can and should express their opinions
Not all will agree and we don't all have to agree
But we should encourage and respect opinions

italian stallion
07-01-2016, 04:04 PM
this forum is for people with opinions but do nothing about them.what are you trying to achieve? nobody does anything to try and change things for the better.you hide behind user names.get involved with clubs and actually do something positive.it makes me laugh when I read people write ive heard this and that and when really your just pissing in the wind .some people need a reality check.dont take npl youth so serious.in the end its only a game

oldhand
07-01-2016, 11:08 PM

Obviously said by someone whom hasn't been involved with the club and doesn't know too much.

The team has a strong junior juniors but tend to go as they get older for a number of reasons. Some want to go to the big clubs others are keen

The club is far from struggling to survive they have a strong women's program though women's football isn't the main focus but does require more work throughout the club to promote boys. Their oldest boys group did win their league this year and are a good example when you have a strong set of parents and volunteers willing to put in time to help and develop.

That's not to say the club doesn't have its issues which are varied and cover a number of reasons (admin, location, money, parents/volunteers, culture etc).

The seniors and juniors aren't connected, however, the seniors have done the juniors no favours (and yes vice-versa) and senior people within both groups have actively sought to undermine each other and refused to cooperate. If both clubs wanted to work better together it would be of great benefit to both clubs but the seniors don't appear interested in the juniors for any long term development rather than ignore them. Shit, the two might even be as good as magic where the boys up to U12 are looking to get into the YPL side with others not quite there going into an A grade team looking to move into the YPL side in subsequent years.

Of course all that would require change from both sides and at this stage I don't see either the seniors or the juniors wanting to cooperate since both sides hate each other for a number actions that they have done to each other.

As for rubbish players I know of a couple recently ex junior players who are now in YPL sides, had the seniors been a bit more open they may have had these players instead.

Apollo Creed
08-01-2016, 10:27 AM
this forum is for people with opinions but do nothing about them.what are you trying to achieve? nobody does anything to try and change things for the better.you hide behind user names.get involved with clubs and actually do something positive.it makes me laugh when I read people write ive heard this and that and when really your just pissing in the wind .some people need a reality check.dont take npl youth so serious.in the end its only a game

"you hide behind user names"

Quare Caeruleum
08-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Agree that hiding behind user names (as you and I are both doing now) and just criticising does little for football development. My own concern, however, has been the quality of coaching in the NPL youth as well as the Northern/EJ programs. - Am I in a position to decide the coaches or train them?? Clearly not. - Do I think we should just accept what has been dished up?? Hell no.
I saw that mass exits from a couple of Magic teams were the result of unacceptable coaches, although apparently one of the proposed coaches pulled out after the majority of kids had already walked. The only way most parents and players can change this situation is to vote with their feet.
This does not mean every coach is rubbish. You will see that certain teams have a high retention rate as well as attracting new players. No doubt this will be reflected in finals week, and all I can say is good luck to any coach and club that benefits from being better than everyone else.

Quare Caeruleum
08-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Welcome Apollo. Watch out for an uppercut from a few Rocky wannabes.

Apollo Creed
08-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Welcome Apollo. Watch out for an uppercut from a few Rocky wannabes.

well thank you QC
experienced horseman like me, have it covered
:thumbsup:

italian stallion
08-01-2016, 10:48 PM
im happy to put my name on this forum if everyone else does

Dontknowmuch
14-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Agree that hiding behind user names (as you and I are both doing now) and just criticising does little for football development. My own concern, however, has been the quality of coaching in the NPL youth as well as the Northern/EJ programs. - Am I in a position to decide the coaches or train them?? Clearly not. - Do I think we should just accept what has been dished up?? Hell no.
I saw that mass exits from a couple of Magic teams were the result of unacceptable coaches, although apparently one of the proposed coaches pulled out after the majority of kids had already walked. The only way most parents and players can change this situation is to vote with their feet.
This does not mean every coach is rubbish. You will see that certain teams have a high retention rate as well as attracting new players. No doubt this will be reflected in finals week, and all I can say is good luck to any coach and club that benefits from being better than everyone else.

I have an issue with your statement with regards the quality of coaching in the EJ program. Last time I looked they 3 former A League coaches and a recent A League Golden Boot Winner and a bloke that went to a World Cup and was undefeated coaching there. Tough call.

big jim
15-01-2016, 07:21 AM
I have an issue with your statement with regards the quality of coaching in the EJ program. Last time I looked they 3 former A League coaches and a recent A League Golden Boot Winner and a bloke that went to a World Cup and was undefeated coaching there. Tough call.

Mate not doubting you but who are these ?

Van Egmond is one A league
McBreen golden boot
Do you have a list of all coaches
Thx man

Quare Caeruleum
15-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Hopefully the coaches are improving with the Emerging Jets. Over the previous years they have had some very ordinary performers. Most had gotten their basic certificates and some had played a little bit of football. But few were capable of improving the kids and teaching them skills. Whist they would scream and criticise from the sideline, they couldn't explain what they wanted to the young player who was rarely encouraged. They got rid of better coaches while appointing team coaches that only had goalkeeping experience. One such coach was appointed for over a year but never took up the role due to other commitments. This resulted in many temporary coaches filling the role. One EJ coach was so poorly thought of that when he was reportedly taking a successful club team, about 10 of the players walked out.
Remember this is the organisation that chose a 21 year old to head the SAP program over an international coach with years of coaching and playing experience and the ability to relate to kids and provide positive motivation.

Quare Caeruleum
15-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Should also stress that more should be spent to keep the better coaches and less on administration, ie. David Eland. Most of the best coaches that have been in the program have moved on. Being a yes man gets you further than coaching skills.

Footyhead
15-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Remember this is the organisation that chose a 21 year old to head the SAP program over an international coach with years of coaching and playing experience and the ability to relate to kids and provide positive motivation.

Is that dick still there ?

Dontknowmuch
15-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Deans, Zane and Leo Bertos. the TD is very well credentialed as well.

Quare Caeruleum
15-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Deans, Zane and Leo Bertos. the TD is very well credentialed as well.
Of those who is still there? Short term appearances by decent coaches don't give long term results.

Dontknowmuch
15-01-2016, 11:55 AM
There all still involved as far as I know.

Quare Caeruleum
15-01-2016, 02:23 PM
There all still involved as far as I know.
Zane was only there for a short time before going to Jets Youth. I think Deans has gone to WPL. Don't know about Bertos but has he been involved for long?
I did hear the baby smurf coach took the NTC side to Canberra last month. That shows a lack of depth.

late_to_the_game
15-01-2016, 02:23 PM
club in 2 years???
which 1 is it Atown.

Like the relationship between Southy Juniors, CCB Juniors and their senior clubs, the relationship between the Atown Juniors and Seniors could be called dysfunctional at best!

late_to_the_game
15-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Sorry, I don't jump on here all that often but...Am I missing the point of NPL Youth or what???? Is the success of a clubs' youth system judged by the number of players they retain and develop for their senior club or how many final series / trophies the youth teams collect????
Please enlighten me!

Sancho - spot on - results don't always measure player development.

big jim
15-01-2016, 03:02 PM

So Apollo Creed is your real name ?

big jim
15-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Zane was only there for a short time before going to Jets Youth. I think Deans has gone to WPL. Don't know about Bertos but has he been involved for long?
I did hear the baby smurf coach took the NTC side to Canberra last month. That shows a lack of depth.

Zane is at Jets Youth, Deans at WPL so both no longer involved in Emerging Jets program, McBreen might be a valuable add but not proven as a coach, however I'm sure parents will stargaze and accept, ala Taylor Regan. Although in Taylor's defence he did teach them about tattoo placement.
Big Names are not necessarily great coaches.

And yep the young chosen one took NTC squad to great things

Quare Caeruleum
15-01-2016, 04:26 PM

bj - Apollo was just repeating and questioning Italian Stallions comment. Your question should be aimed at the Mediterranean nag.

Apollo Creed
15-01-2016, 04:30 PM

actually
and look like him too

Goatscheese
16-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Mate not doubting you but who are these ?

Van Egmond is one A league
McBreen golden boot
Do you have a list of all coaches
Thx man

I believe Leo Bertos is the World Cup player he refers to (unless there is another one) but he has only recently started same as McBreen IIRC. Intellectually dishonest to talk about how good the coaching staff is if we only talk about the new ones.

big jim
16-01-2016, 03:24 PM
I Intellectually dishonest to talk about how good the coaching staff is if we only talk about the new ones.

Cheese man can you explain this comment

Goatscheese
16-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Cheese man can you explain this comment

Wasn't directed to you unless you were saying that the coaching in the EJ program is good and then using the new coaches like Bertos and McBreen to back up that statement.

I am referring to people who are supporting the coaching in the EJ system and pointing out the likes of Bertos and McBreen as evidence but it isn't honest to use those two coaches as examples of past EJ coaching quality because they are new coaches. Though I can think of one new EJ coach in the SAP programme who has little idea and even worse communication skills.

big jim
16-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Wasn't directed to you unless you were saying that the coaching in the EJ program is good and then using the new coaches like Bertos and McBreen to back up that statement.

I am referring to people who are supporting the coaching in the EJ system and pointing out the likes of Bertos and McBreen as evidence but it isn't honest to use those two coaches as examples of past EJ coaching quality because they are new coaches. Though I can think of one new EJ coach in the SAP programme who has little idea and even worse communication skills.

Ok agree cheese man

Talking about quality of coaching when examples put forward are either left the program or are new to both the program and to coaching is misleading

prawnhead
26-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Ok agree cheese man

Talking about quality of coaching when examples put forward are either left the program or are new to both the program and to coaching is misleading

An old chestnut I know - but today at a BBQ got chatting to a couple of NPL parents who have kids at Olympic and CCB and rego fees came up. I was told that Olympics NPL fees were $780 and CCB's were $985. That's a lot of coin for kids for a season.

What do other clubs charge for NPL juniors? The CCB parent said that fees had gone up from last year from $795 to $985.

Why does it cost so much for kids to play at junior NPL level these days?

ForeverRed
26-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Firstly, it cost NPL clubs $64 to register kids with nnswf, the remaining money will go towards clothing, appro $150 then coaching staff, training gear/facilities and ref payments, a huge chunk goes towards paying senior players wages

winner
26-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Firstly, it cost NPL clubs $64 to register kids with nnswf, the remaining money will go towards clothing, appro $150 then coaching staff, training gear/facilities and ref payments, a huge chunk goes towards paying senior players wages

The clothing cost would obviously depend on what gear they get from the club. My question would be how does it cost $200 extra to sign for CCB.

big jim
27-01-2016, 06:16 AM
An old chestnut I know - but today at a BBQ got chatting to a couple of NPL parents who have kids at Olympic and CCB and rego fees came up. I was told that Olympics NPL fees were $780 and CCB's were $985. That's a lot of coin for kids for a season.

What do other clubs charge for NPL juniors? The CCB parent said that fees had gone up from last year from $795 to $985.

Why does it cost so much for kids to play at junior NPL level these days?

Prawnman not quite sure why you quoted my post to raist this issue ?
Maybe just a bit of a fishing trip

But really it's a free market, clubs can charge what parents are willing to pay and let's face it plenty of parents that are willing to pay plenty
If any parent is unhappy or querying costs than by NNSWF regs the club has to provide a breakdown of fees and if as suggested by one that a hugh chunk goes to senior player payments than parents make that decision, same as EJ parents decide to fund the cost of complex maintenance in their fees

What I don't like is that most clubs don't tell you costs until after trials and selections leaving player/parent no real choice but to pay

And to state the obviouse why CCB is $200 more than some others, they need the money.

prawnhead
27-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Prawnman not quite sure why you quoted my post to raist this issue ?
Maybe just a bit of a fishing trip

But really it's a free market, clubs can charge what parents are willing to pay and let's face it plenty of parents that are willing to pay plenty
If any parent is unhappy or querying costs than by NNSWF regs the club has to provide a breakdown of fees and if as suggested by one that a hugh chunk goes to senior player payments than parents make that decision, same as EJ parents decide to fund the cost of complex maintenance in their fees

What I don't like is that most clubs don't tell you costs until after trials and selections leaving player/parent no real choice but to pay

And to state the obviouse why CCB is $200 more than some others, they need the money.

No intended crack at you Big Jimbo.

Also found out that Olympic apparently get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt), playing kit (socks, shorts), a tracksuit and a hoodie for their $780.

CCB only get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt) and playing kit (socks, shorts) for their $985. Tracksuit is extra.

Parents choose to pay it I guess so it must be ok.

big jim
27-01-2016, 01:21 PM
No intended crack at you Big Jimbo.

Also found out that Olympic apparently get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt), playing kit (socks, shorts), a tracksuit and a hoodie for their $780.

CCB only get training kit (shorts, socks, shirt) and playing kit (socks, shorts) for their $985. Tracksuit is extra.

Parents choose to pay it I guess so it must be ok.

From what I have seen parents are keen to pay, so really who can blame clubs
If CCB make an extra $200 a player X 64 NPL youth players $12k a year for them to spend on ground improvements

Or what ever

But as I said parents should be provided a breakdown but no one ask's

Why Blue
27-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Whooohooo

Just saved myself 285 bucks

But seriously how to CCB charge $985 ?????
What are they offering for that, would want to be a massive improvement on last two years
Maybe new TD is worth $12k a year, or maybe all the new training equipment or ground improvements

big jim
28-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Whooohooo

Spend it wisely blue man

4 cartons of clubbies would be a sound investment

Bremsstrahlung
28-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Pretty sure the last year I played, I paid about $400-500 in seniors.
2 x training shirts
Shorts n socks x 2 for match
Dress shirt/polo
Jacket
Training jumper

GO AWAY
28-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Whooohooo

But seriously how to CCB charge $985 ?????
What are they offering for that, would want to be a massive improvement on last two years
Maybe new TD is worth $12k a year, or maybe all the new training equipment or ground improvements

Things are looking good at Azzuri, yes new training venue, GK and Striker coach, very good signing, strong 19s, big committee, sponsors on improve etc etc.

RAM
28-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Pretty sure the last year I played, I paid about $400-500 in seniors.
2 x training shirts
Shorts n socks x 2 for match
Dress shirt/polo
Jacket
Training jumper

This the norm in Newie now?

Up north, we're charging about $250-$300 incl socks, shirt and shorts. Maybe time for a fee increase...

Why Blue
28-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Things are looking good at Azzuri, yes new training venue, GK and Striker coach, very good signing, strong 19s, big committee, sponsors on improve etc etc.

Mate good luck to them

19's should be stronger !!!!

Probably will be if they are serious and look into 17's

Why Blue
09-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Nice story in today's herald on young Luke going to FFF CoE
Well done, good kid, Macquarie & CCB boy and even a year at EJ's hasn't effected him 😜😀

Footyhead
09-02-2016, 09:15 AM
That's great... awesome left footer if I recall correctly. Good luck to him.

GO AWAY
09-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Nice story in today's herald on young Luke going to FFF CoE
Well done, good kid, Macquarie & CCB boy and even a year at EJ's hasn't effected him ����

............. and Toronto Awaba before CCB ;)

Why Blue
09-02-2016, 06:33 PM
............. and Toronto Awaba before CCB ;)

We all have some skeletons 😉😉😄😄😄

scouser
14-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Well done to those involved with Weston and Hamilton Olympic in bringing their trial matches forward today and cutting time to try and beat the heat. Would've been terrible playing 40 each way Under 17's at 2:30pm!

purplepatch
15-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Maitland 17's played two games. Cooks Square v Wallsend 17's 0915 and thence to CB Alexander v Valo at 1400. Very determined and committed. Two nil win to Maitland over Wallsend and a five to two win over Valo. Valo very strong. Very strong mid field and gk had great day.

hamburgler
15-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Maitland 17's played two games. Cooks Square v Wallsend 17's 0915 and thence to CB Alexander v Valo at 1400. Very determined and committed. Two nil win to Maitland over Wallsend and a five to two win over Valo. Valo very strong. Very strong mid field and gk had great day.

Two games in one day, especially in the heat, is a tough ask!

purplepatch
15-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Magic 17's lost easily to Jets Youth - score not confirmed (5-1) - maybe problems there.
Weston lost to Olympic at Varty Park (?) 2-1 - close but and grandfinal teams for 2016?
Jaffas down to Buds. 2-1. Buds very dominant though Jaffas are back and teams need to be careful.
Valo down to Maitland 5-2. Valo good and will give teams a big scare. Top six. Maitland are darkies. You might need to watch and be careful here with some new players from other clubs. Valo and Maitland are going to scare teams and take points.

big jim
15-02-2016, 03:56 PM

Three words Maitland

Duty of care, you guys are kidding, where are the parents?

Why did they need to play two trial games in the one day ?

Just stupid

The coaches and committee at Maitland should be ashamed and why wouldn't the parents stand up for their kids

Yet this parent seems to be proud ? So long as they won hey

prawnhead
15-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Three words Maitland

Just stupid

The coaches and committee at Maitland should be ashamed and why wouldn't the parents stand up for their kids

Agree Jimbo. Crazy scheduling.

big jim
15-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Agree Jimbo. Crazy scheduling.

It's just plain stupid prawn man

Those kids could not have rehydrated simply not enough time so the coach, club and parents have placed 16 kids in danger

Wake up parents it's February, nothing won this time of year

For gods sake

Zico
15-02-2016, 05:25 PM
It's just plain stupid prawn man

Those kids could not have rehydrated simply not enough time so the coach, club and parents have placed 16 kids in danger

Wake up parents it's February, nothing won this time of year

For gods sake
Couldn't agree more, this is crazy.

Why Blue
15-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Three words Maitland

Just stupid

Spot on jimbo
Just plain stupid from all involved
How could a club endorse this???
How could coach allow this ????
How the bloody hell could parents stand there and support it ?????
FFS

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Do they not play 2 games in one day in the state cup games?

Why Blue
15-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Do they not play 2 games in one day in the state cup games?

State cup ?? Don't know what you mean ??

Any tournament that I have been to that has two games a day is usually shortened games AND played in winter
NOT 40 deg summer days

First game was at 9.30am to say 11 then next game starts at 2pm. That's three hours to rehydrate...........

late_to_the_game
15-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Heard thre was a fight and two red cards in the valo game, can anyone confirm?

NewyTy
15-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Heard thre was a fight and two red cards in the valo game, can anyone confirm?

There was a fight in their game v Wallsend as well. One of their players stomped the Wallsend keeper in the face after a collision and next thing you know he was getting clobbered by the keeper. Credit to them for backing up with a second game but surely should have been scheduled midweek or something.

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2016, 11:56 PM
State cup ?? Don't know what you mean ??

Any tournament that I have been to that has two games a day is usually shortened games AND played in winter
NOT 40 deg summer days

First game was at 9.30am to say 11 then next game starts at 2pm. That's three hours to rehydrate...........

The FFA state Solo Cup - there would be quarters, semis and if the teams were not 2 x hunter teams, a GF.
Also, Bill Turner Cup often play 2 games in a day...

Did they have drinks breaks?
Did they play quarters? or thirds?

Winning one game against NEWFM 2-0 and then against NPL 5-2...Doesn't sound like they were affected too much...

Did the same players play 2 whole games? was there interchange, were other players brought in to supplement the squad?

Some players play games in lower ages and have to fill in for higher age groups, is that ok?

Why Blue
16-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Ok bres agree to disagree on this one, maybe it didn't effect them

Question for Maitland ......what was purpose of playing two trial games any way ??? Let alone when the temp was 38+ And was predicted ......no surprise
A few clubs cancelled thier trial games, I watched an U17 NPL trial on Sunday and really wondered why it progressed beyond 1/2 time, first 1/4 was good, 2nd was ok but after that both teams suffered, walking, no movement off the ball, no runs.

Would have got a whole lot more from a structured training session at a cooler time

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2016, 10:16 AM
I do agree that there are questions over it all.
I was just pointing out that nobody really is privvy to the full story and logic behind it.

I do think some Coaches are pretty uneducated with the whole heat thing and some would believe that they should just tough it out, which is rather dangerous.
However Piggo has been around a bit, and playing under him for a few preseasons, he is big on hydration and would make some good points on the game. Eg, it's hot, play smart, make them chase, keep the ball, make smart runs, turning over possession is costly.
I'm less in the know than most of you, just playing devils advocate that I don't believe the players well being would be compromised, and given the scores, I don't think they were affected too much.
Given piggo's history it wouldn't surprise me if there was a hybrid 17s/15s thing going on.

I remember playing a 19s game one night at 6pm, then first grade played, then played 60 minutes of 23s in the middle of winter. I imagine this is far more dangerous. For different reasons.

I see your point and do believe there are questions to be asked, but without knowing what measures were taken, it's hard to make informed comments.

big jim
16-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Same goes to you bremman

Uninformed comments? Do you know that Piggot was there ?

On the other hand there is plenty of info available on recovery/rehydration times and methods
And I have never read or been told the best way to rehydrate from one physical activity is to go out and perform another in even more extreme temps

Each to there own, but I know I would not allow my children to be placed in that position, they would have been unavailable for 2nd game due to a prior commitment
Easy, if clubs won't look after kids well being than parents need to step up

One of the funniest things I hear is teams that play on Sunday in extreme heat and then coach gives them next training session off to recover

RAM
16-02-2016, 11:22 AM
However Piggo has been around a bit, and playing under him for a few preseasons, he is big on hydration and would make some good points on the game. Eg, it's hot, play smart, make them chase, keep the ball, make smart runs, turning over possession is costly.

where's Captain Obvious when you need him?:rof:

hamburgler
17-02-2016, 10:10 AM
The FFA state Solo Cup - there would be quarters, semis and if the teams were not 2 x hunter teams, a GF.
Also, Bill Turner Cup often play 2 games in a day...

Did they have drinks breaks?
Did they play quarters? or thirds?

Winning one game against NEWFM 2-0 and then against NPL 5-2...Doesn't sound like they were affected too much...

Did the same players play 2 whole games? was there interchange, were other players brought in to supplement the squad?

Some players play games in lower ages and have to fill in for higher age groups, is that ok?

State championships involve 7 games over 2.5 days. Teams can play 3 games per day, and whilst it's not played in the middle of summer, recovery is key. With the exception of the Maitland players and parents, how could anyone know what recovery steps were taken by the club?

big jim
17-02-2016, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=hamburgler;With the exception of the Maitland players and parents, how could anyone know what recovery steps were taken by the club?[/QUOTE]

Ok agree, so maybe purplepatch could explain the rehydration process
Plenty of info available for rehydration most recommended 50% more input than lost ie weigh before and after and if you lost 3kg than you need to replenish 4.5lt of liquid over a 24 hr period

This instance there was only 3 hrs between finish of game one and start of game two, simple maths not enough time

But biggest question I have is WHY
Trial games, why did they need to play two games with in this time period
Can't see why it would be needed

Wire Blew
17-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Ok agree, so maybe purplepatch could explain the rehydration process
Plenty of info available for rehydration most recommended 50% more input than lost ie weigh before and after and if you lost 3kg than you need to replenish 4.5lt of liquid over a 24 hr period

This instance there was only 3 hrs between finish of game one and start of game two, simple maths not enough time

But biggest question I have is WHY
Trial games, why did they need to play two games with in this time period
Can't see why it would be needed
So halftime break of 10 minutes isn't enough to rehydrate either. Call all games off. Give it a break. Probably Maitland had over committed but kids have been running around in summer for hours non stop for years. Clearly they had extra drinks breaks and rotated players. If cramping starts you rest the player. They are only trials and not a grand final so finding skill level would be the aim rather than who could run themselves into the ground.

q-money
17-02-2016, 11:38 AM
maybe maito are just putting in the hard yards at the start of the year

back the mags all the way in NPL y00f

big jim
17-02-2016, 12:06 PM
So halftime break of 10 minutes isn't enough to rehydrate either. Call all games off. Give it a break. Probably Maitland had over committed but kids have been running around in summer for hours non stop for years. Clearly they had extra drinks breaks and rotated players. If cramping starts you rest the player. They are only trials and not a grand final so finding skill level would be the aim rather than who could run themselves into the ground.

You make no sense, read about dehydration one of the first things effected is skill level and ability to think clearly, so if this was point of trial than game wasted

Why are you people so happy to run kids into the ground in February

Goatscheese
18-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Why are you people so happy to run kids into the ground in February

Everyone is acting like they a princess professionals, they are hardly run into the ground and come the first round they will be all there rearing and ready to go.

big jim
18-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Everyone is acting like they a princess professionals, they are hardly run into the ground and come the first round they will be all there rearing and ready to go.

Again we will agree to disagree
We are all just expressing our opinions which is great for discussion

Cheese man else were you mention that kids are flocking to afl and as we know there are many sports and activities that are lining up to take $ from parents
That's why football clubs need to be as professional as possible to keep and attract kids to the sport

And I suppose your right no one died
So let's keep our head in the sand hey

Why Blue
18-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Weather aside...........

How are teams shaping up

Few trials now so teams should be starting to take shape

Anyone prepared to predict ???

hamburgler
19-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Weather aside...........

How are teams shaping up

Few trials now so teams should be starting to take shape

Anyone prepared to predict ???

13s MNC
14s Magic
15s E Jets
17s CCB

big jim
19-02-2016, 03:07 PM
13s MNC
14s Magic
15s E Jets
17s CCB

I think

13's Emerging Jets 12's got the ex CCB winning coach and surely the program has to start delivering, most of these kids have had three years now

14's FMNC

15's FMNC

17's Weston developed well last year, hope they keep it up CCB list a couple of key players from last years 15's will depend on quality of replacements

Goatscheese
20-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Cheese man else were you mention that kids are flocking to afl and as we know there are many sports and activities that are lining up to take $ from parents
That's why football clubs need to be as professional as possible to keep and attract kids to the sport

I did mention that the afl are looking to expand Aussie Rules in the area but the reasons why they will go isn't because of this though.

big jim
20-02-2016, 06:34 PM
I did mention that the afl are looking to expand Aussie Rules in the area but the reasons why they will go isn't because of this though.

Cheeseman it's about being professional and projecting that image, not a bunch of weekend jacks

Football has had it easy with kids for a long time but over the last few years other sports are getting more active and massive TV deals have given the AFL & NRL serious money to recruit kids.
So every football club needs to be the best they can be, same to NNSWF and FFA
It's all about image

Goatscheese
20-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Cheeseman it's about being professional and projecting that image, not a bunch of weekend jacks

Football has had it easy with kids for a long time but over the last few years other sports are getting more active and massive TV deals have given the AFL & NRL serious money to recruit kids.
So every football club needs to be the best they can be, same to NNSWF and FFA
It's all about image

I want to know if any of the Maitland parents have complained or is it just the seasoned medical professionals that frequent this forum complaining?

Because this one club did it are you or any others going to pull out your kids and send them to league?

Bremsstrahlung
20-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Interested more so how the players felt?
I'm genuinely curious, how many played 2 games?
And more importantly did they enjoy themself?
It's easy for us to think they'd hate it, but they may have enjoyed it and had no issue.
Same as we hate the jets being rubbish most games, but they don't seem to mind.

prawnhead
20-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Interested more so how the players felt?
I'm genuinely curious, how many played 2 games?
And more importantly did they enjoy themself?
It's easy for us to think they'd hate it, but they may have enjoyed it and had no issue.
Same as we hate the jets being rubbish most games, but they don't seem to mind.

This was not a tournament that these boys played in. They were pre season trial games held close to each other on a hot summers day and 6 weeks before the season started.

Who played how many minutes over the 2 matches is irrelevant. Bottom line is - it was poor scheduling.

You seem to know Piggo well at your time at Southy mate, but I'd be surprised if he knew about the scheduling of these games.

Anyway hopefully lessons will be learnt. Best of luck to all NPL boys this year.

Bremsstrahlung
20-02-2016, 10:20 PM
I understand on paper it doesn't look good. I'm more interested to know if it was the one team that played two games or a hybrid mix of 17s and say 15s or eligible 19s.
Just playing devils advocate that all may not be as it seems.

Goatscheese
21-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Who played how many minutes over the 2 matches is irrelevant.

Well it is actually because if they limited the minutes for players that played both games then that means they were thinking about the children and everyone's argument is now invalid.

Wire Blew
21-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Enough with the OH&S, any results from trial matches yesterday? I heard Lambton went well against Olympic in 13s 5-2, 14s 0-0, and 15s 2-1, but lost 4 nil in 17s.

Why Blue
21-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Yep agree back to football

Looks like Olympic will be strong again in 17's

Any other trials ??

Wire Blew
23-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Yep agree back to football

Looks like Olympic will be strong again in 17's

Any other trials ??
Emerging Jets 15s got thumped 6-1 by Canberra but 14s won in close game. Not sure of other scores.
How did CCB go against Weston (I think)?

Why Blue
24-02-2016, 01:48 PM
CCB 17's had a solid win against Wallsend 17's last night
10-0 ......I think
Wallsend were not up to task but CCB boys made the most space and lack of pace
I pretty impressive performance

Maybe some might push for 19's as they played after and were even when I left, but Wallsend looked the better team, especially in the midfield.

big jim
24-02-2016, 03:41 PM
10-0 ......I think

Maybe some might push for 19's as they played after and were even when I left, but Wallsend looked the better team, especially in the midfield.

Sounds to me that you like the way they are coming together blue man
I have said I like Weston in 17's but both Olympic & CCB are going to be tough, form teams from 14's & 15's last two years so should have strong squads

As for 19's it's a big jump, especially for 15-16 yo kids

NewyTy
24-02-2016, 03:41 PM
10-0 ......I think

19's finished 3-1 to Charlestown. One of the Wallsend guys filled me in. Apparently two of their players were taken to hospital with injuries which is always sad to see. Charlestown must have some quality in the 19's

Why Blue
24-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Sounds to me that you like the way they are coming together blue man
I have said I like Weston in 17's but both Olympic & CCB are going to be tough, form teams from 14's & 15's last two years so should have strong squads

As for 19's it's a big jump, especially for 15-16 yo kids

Yes I think they will be strong but so will teams you mention so should be a good squad

19's yes I appreciate the skill/pace difference
CCB have some very talented kids in thier 17's squad and I believe 4-5 of them could cut it in 19's if given the chance
But I suppose that won't happen when kids have dads who coach and dads who manage........disappointing

Why Blue
24-02-2016, 05:23 PM
19's finished 3-1 to Charlestown. One of the Wallsend guys filled me in. Apparently two of their players were taken to hospital with injuries which is always sad to see. Charlestown must have some quality in the 19's

Hope kids taken to hospital are ok ???

As for CCB 19's see my comments to BJ.........they could have more/better quality

dan
24-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Rib cartilage damage in one & broken fibia in 2 places in the other.
From the reports that I received it was the same CCB guy involved in both incidents, if so he must be feeling pretty terrible & I'm sure he's contacted our coach and/or the injured fellas already.
Looking forward to the 23's trial on Thursday & the FFA Cup on Saturday,should be a good test for our guys.

NewyTy
24-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Hope kids taken to hospital are ok ???

As for CCB 19's see my comments to BJ.........they could have more/better quality

One had a rib injury and the other looked like acl unfortunately. I see no wrong with 17's playing up in 19's. Happens all the time in New-FM (granted the NPL is a much tougher competition). If they're good enough at 16/17, then they should be playing 19's, at least off the bench.

big jim
24-02-2016, 09:23 PM
One had a rib injury and the other looked like acl unfortunately. I see no wrong with 17's playing up in 19's. Happens all the time in New-FM (granted the NPL is a much tougher competition). If they're good enough at 16/17, then they should be playing 19's, at least off the bench.

There are a few 15yo playing 19's NPL this year Tyman

8 that I know of but probably more
CCB, Weston, Edgy & magic

Some real talent as well, most of them won't be bench warmers either

JCBT
25-02-2016, 07:17 AM
There are a few 15yo playing 19's NPL this year Tyman

8 that I know of but probably more
CCB, Weston, Edgy & magic

Some real talent as well, most of them won't be bench warmers either
Adamstown have a couple 15 year olds in the 19's also

Sacchi
25-02-2016, 07:48 AM
But I suppose that won't happen when kids have dads who coach and dads who manage........disappointing

Isn't Greg Smith coaching the 19s?

Why Blue
25-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Adamstown have a couple 15 year olds in the 19's also

Great to see clubs giving youth a go
There were some talented kids in 2015 15's

Any others ????

Why Blue
25-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Isn't Greg Smith coaching the 19s?

Yep sure is

Maybe need to look at coach of a younger age group !!!!!

big jim
25-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Yep sure is

Maybe need to look at coach of a younger age group !!!!!

15's coach had two sons playing 19's
All three new to club
Package deal

Goatscheese
25-02-2016, 08:03 PM
he must be feeling pretty terrible & I'm sure he's contacted our coach and/or the injured fellas already.

Haha, that's not something I would rely on. Depends on the player obviously but some kids don't care if they injure players and are happy to do it.

Wire Blew
17-03-2016, 07:55 AM
With the first round almost upon us it's time for bold predictions.
Not in any particular order I think the teams to watch will be -

U17s - CCB, Weston, Olympic and FMNC

U15s - EJ, Jaffas, Weston and Olympic

U14s - EJ, Magic, Jaffas, FMNC

Not sure about U13s. I would like to hear from anyone who has been following them.

A bit of guess work in these predictions, but would welcome feedback on why some teams are looking good and others are just making up the numbers.

Why Blue
17-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Yes the boys get to have a kick this weekend, unless they are playing at westy, 😜

17's I think a bit more if the same from last years 15's so CCB, Weston & Olympic
Buds, FMNC to be good with Valo to be the smokies

15's FMNC & Buds
14's don't know

13's EJ's & Edgy two good coaches that should develop kids nicely, will enjoy watching these kids

But really who knows just hope they all play well, no injuries and all the kids enjoy themselves

early_to_the_match
19-03-2016, 01:19 PM
And so it begins again for 2016. Early results from Darling St. Olympic win 13s 3-2 & 14s 2-1

early_to_the_match
19-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Olympic 3-1 over Weston in 15s and Olympic lead 1 nil at halftime in 17s.

early_to_the_match
19-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Final score in 17s 3 nil to Olympic.

zzzzzzzzzz
20-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Today's results Valo v Charlestown
(having trouble with Sporting Pulse not allowing us to input results)
U13 1 - 1
U14 0 - 3 Charlestown win
U15 8 - 4 Valo win
U17 3 - 3

Doggydingo
21-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Did Magic 17's stack the team with 19's players????? Must have..... Or am I wrong????

The Magician
21-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Didn't know NNSWF changed the rules to play 19 year olds in the U17's comp?

Goatscheese
21-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Didn't know NNSWF changed the rules to play 19 year olds in the U17's comp?

Implying that Magic always follow the rules.

Doggydingo
22-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Come on you know what I mean. Pull kids who normally play in 19's and are eligible to play17.
Kids who played in the team above last year

hamburgler
22-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Come on you know what I mean. Pull kids who normally play in 19's and are eligible to play17.
Kids who played in the team above last year

Most clubs have them, kids who are 16 or 17 this year playing 19s or higher.

Only those clubs who need to win everything play those kids down.

My mail is that Magic did precisely that on the weekend.

ForeverRed
22-03-2016, 09:40 AM
As last as the kids are getting a game who cares where they play, it's the attitudes of mums and dads that that creates win at all costs mentalities

Wild Brew
22-03-2016, 09:46 AM
As last as the kids are getting a game who cares where they play, it's the attitudes of mums and dads that that creates win at all costs mentalities
But what about the kids registered in the 17s that are missing out on game time.

Doggydingo
22-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Don't you forget the CLUB COMMITTEE also!

Zico
22-03-2016, 10:01 AM
But what about the kids registered in the 17s that are missing out on game time.

I've been told they were short of numbers and required the 19's to come back to help out till they get a few players.

early_to_the_match
22-03-2016, 10:08 AM
I've been told they were short of numbers and required the 19's to come back to help out till they get a few players.
But were the 19s sitting on the bench or the other 17s???

Doggydingo
22-03-2016, 10:10 AM
You would think that they would push kids up instead to give them a challenging environment and further challenge/develop their younger players instead of chasing trophies.

early_to_the_match
22-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Easy to blame mums and dads. Most only speak up when something dodgy is going on.

ForeverRed
22-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Easy to blame mums and dads. Most only speak up when something dodgy is going on.
That my point, it's all fine until mum and dad have a whinge, just let the kids play, they don't care

early_to_the_match
22-03-2016, 10:31 AM
That my point, it's all fine until mum and dad have a whinge, just let the kids play, they don't care
They do if they spend most of the time sitting on the bench while an outsider takes their spot.

Why Blue
22-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Most clubs have them, kids who are 16 or 17 this year playing 19s or higher.

Only those clubs who need to win everything play those kids down.

My mail is that Magic did precisely that on the weekend.

We must have the same postman hamburgler !!! what I was told, in fact I was told stacked the 17's

Forever red......why always the parents ????

Wild brew .......correct

Doggy......even more correct

Zico......... Why not play 15's up ????
As hamburgler says most clubs have kids U17 in thier 19's yet it seems only magic played theirs ?????

The Magician
22-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Who cares!!! Any team's that had the misfortune to play Magic U17's in preseason and had the game called off because Magic U17's had 5-7 players out injured and couldnt field a team no-one complained then... how many U17/U19's's for Magic were on the bench for Magic Last weekend? 1 player? I applaud the kids who can play down and choose to help out there club that may be going through a tough time with injuries!!!

Why Blue
22-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Who cares!!! Any team's that had the misfortune to play Magic U17's in preseason and had the game called off because Magic U17's had 5-7 players out injured and couldnt field a team no-one complained then... how many U17/U19's's for Magic were on the bench for Magic Last weekend? 1 player? I applaud the kids who can play down and choose to help out there club that may be going through a tough time with injuries!!!

Look out here comes the magic PR dept

Let's cut the crap here this is not short term
Fact magic lost nearly 1/2 of kids from 2015 youth program
U17 squad is down to 9 and coach gone!!!
Magic madly ringing kids they rejected initially now telling them Magic is were they need to be, tip to magic.....kids talk, so when you ring kids with your bs offering , the kids know the truth.

Truth is that magic youth program is a shambles at the moment

The Magician
22-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Look out here comes the magic PR dept

Let's cut the crap here this is not short term
Fact magic lost nearly 1/2 of kids from 2015 youth program
U17 squad is down to 9 and coach gone!!!
Magic madly ringing kids they rejected initially now telling them Magic is were they need to be, tip to magic.....kids talk, so when you ring kids with your bs offering , the kids know the truth.

Truth is that magic youth program is a shambles at the moment

And we still WON!!!

Why Blue
22-03-2016, 12:26 PM
And we still WON!!!

If that's so important to you
Yes in the grade you stacked

No others !!!!!!!

The Magician
22-03-2016, 12:33 PM
If that's so important to you
Yes in the grade you stacked

No others !!!!!!!

Stack Smack... don't be upset if your prima-donnas refuse to help out your club's lower grades... its Youth Football, expecting more players to come off the injured list in the next few weeks... You just worry about keeping the cockroaches out of the chip cups at Lisle Carr.

Why Blue
22-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Stack Smack... don't be upset if your prima-donnas refuse to help out your club's lower grades... its Youth Football, expecting more players to come off the injured list in the next few weeks... You just worry about keeping the cockroaches out of the chip cups at Lisle Carr.

I've got no comeback to that !!!!

Except

Go magic go magic go magic go magic go magic repeat 100 times

GO AWAY
22-03-2016, 01:26 PM
:popcorn:

Why Blue
22-03-2016, 03:00 PM
:popcorn:

Put your popcorn away

Obviously magician and I look for different things from a club

I would rather know were the cockroaches are !!!!!!

hamburgler
27-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Any scores from today?

27-03-2016, 05:37 PM
HOFC PS4 NPL NNSW Youth Results Round 2 | Olympic vs Charlestown

Under 17s Olympic won 4-1
Under 15s Olympic won 3-1
Under 14s Olympic won 3-1
Under 13s Olympic won 6-0

Apollo Creed
28-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Arrive back from holidays, and things have spiced up. Gentlemen The Magician is correct and has point, these so called stacked players are the correct age, and have the option to play in 17's.
However the 2 football points i raise-
1) These stacked players, have played up for many years in the jets, refusing to play in there correct age groups,however it seems the novelty now to play down, raises questions have they finally realised they are more suited and can dominate in there correct age group,rather then playing up in the 19's and 22's competition as there are.
or simply
2) The current 17's team, are just poor, and need assistance to win games- so as long as players and parents are satisfied with little Timmy warming benches for others, thats also fine.
i dont see a problem either way.

mother theresa
28-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Arrive back from holidays, and things have spiced up. Gentlemen The Magician is correct and has point, these so called stacked players are the correct age, and have the option to play in 17's.
1) These stacked players, have played up for many years in the jets, refusing to play in there correct age groups,however it seems the novelty now to play down, raises questions have they finally realised they are more suited and can dominate in there correct age group,rather then playing up in the 19's and 22's competition as there are.
or simply
2) The current 17's team, are just poor, and need assistance to win games- so as long as players and parents are satisfied with little Timmy warming benches for others, thats also fine.

garbage creed
play the team selected at trials

Tonester
28-03-2016, 04:34 PM
or simply
If I was a parent paying big money for my son to play & he is selected in a squad & then left picking splinters out of his pants because players selected in another squad were picked instead of my boy I'm pretty sure I'd have a good old dummy spit.

Tonester
28-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Do the Youth League have interchange for all age groups & is there a criteria that all players over the course of the season must play 50/60% game time.

hamburgler
28-03-2016, 09:44 PM
or simply

So how many Magic 19s played down this week? Wonder how the 15s parents and players feels seeing potential opportunity to fill in for 17s go to an older ex jets 19s player?

Think I know the answer to that question, but as long as Magic keep winning then all good!

Y Bloo?
28-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Actually thought Magic 17s looked ok, with or without their 19/22s. If not for a player being red carded they would have won by more. And the Buds have shown to be a side that should be contesting the back end of the season.
I did hear that Magic had a new coach?

The Magician
29-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Why Blue? can you confirm if Charlestown U17's were deducted points from their first round match vs Valentine for fielding unregistered players? Naughty Naughty!

Why Blue
29-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Why Blue? can you confirm if Charlestown U17's were deducted points from their first round match vs Valentine for fielding unregistered players? Naughty Naughty!
Magician, would have no clue, pretty stupid if they have but then again as a club CCB can do some pretty stupid things

Y Bloo?
29-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Original result for Valo v Charlestown was 3 - 3. It is now listed as a 3 nil win to Valentine, the result they give for a forfeited match. So no doubt they have been penalised.

Bremsstrahlung
29-03-2016, 12:49 PM
The joys of "senior elite" competitions vs interdistrict teams.
Little johny isn't guaranteed to play every game for his money. If he's good enough, or knows somebody, he will play. If he's not one of the best 11, well, wait for your chance and make the most of it.

If you were one of the better players, and you were benched, to give donkey johnny a game so his daddy didn't get mad, you'd be a bit pissed off. It's preseason for NPL seniors, so maybe they are getting some games under their belt for the eligible players.
Senior football.

Some clubs will cater for development and some will want to win. You make your choice when you choose the club.

Stanley
31-03-2016, 01:28 PM
If I was a parent paying big money for my son to play & he is selected in a squad & then left picking splinters out of his pants because players selected in another squad were picked instead of my boy I'm pretty sure I'd have a good old dummy spit.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't the the magician in an earlier post say Magic 17s had some long term injuries and it wasn't so much that U19s were playing down but more to the point U19s were making up the numbers and no U17 player was being disadvantaged. If thats the case credit to the guys who are stepping down to lend the club a hand

early_to_the_match
31-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Correct me if im wrong but didn't the the magician in an earlier post say Magic 17s had some long term injuries and it wasn't so much that U19s were playing down but more to the point U19s were making up the numbers and no U17 player was being disadvantaged. If thats the case credit to the guys who are stepping down to lend the club a hand
Well what Magician says may not always be the case.
Not just 19s but 22s filling in. Sure they may be eligible on age, but all clubs have 17s registered to play in older age groups, and when short normally bring up from 15s. And where were those older kids when Magic 17s forfeited 4 trial games? I don't think any kid was prepared to play down in 17s until their coach left.

31-03-2016, 05:47 PM
So called elite youth teams = $$$$>Ability

big jim
31-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Some clubs will do anything to win
That's all

FAT BUT....KIND
03-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Buds Youth on fire against Edgy

big jim
04-04-2016, 07:27 AM
What about CCB in 17's
What's going on blue man ?

3 games no points 11goals against, only conceded about that in whole season last year
Core if team from gf winning 14's & 15's
Must say I expected better

late_to_the_game
04-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Buds Youth on fire against Edgy

Gordon Patrick is doing a great job with that team. When you think of where the core of that team were in U14's three years ago.

Why Blue
04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Gordon Patrick is doing a great job with that team. When you think of where the core of that team were in U14's three years ago.

Gordo, great coach, great bloke even better physio 😉😉😄😄
Good to see a group of kids stay together but I think the club has let them down a little, couple of these 17's could play 19's one midfielder would play 19's at any club, so why hasn't club promoted them instead of importing two 15/16yo's into 19's one of which has played at three clubs in three years the other has now been at four clubs in three years
Bit of a slap to the existing kids

Why Blue
04-04-2016, 08:41 AM
What about CCB in 17's
What's going on blue man ?

3 games no points 11goals against, only conceded about that in whole season last year
Core if team from gf winning 14's & 15's
Must say I expected better

Mate I don't know, not there anymore, from what I have seen and been told two things.......
Defence, just not what it was, big centre back that looks hopelessly out of place and plays way to high for some one with his lack of pace and left back ( a managers son ) who is somehow starting in front of others ???? Best he had yesterday against jets was wanting to "drop " a 14yo who just skinned him, just farking stupid when down 4-0
Maybe also keeper had enjoyed two years without being really tested now showing his real ability ???

Coach, the core of this team has had same coach and methodology for two years from what I hear new coach is like going back to U/9
There is hope but as a very capable coach is now involved and could be a big help
Club has done wrong by these boys very successful, very well coached, club should have left Greg Smith at 17's to continue developing these boys

early_to_the_match
04-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Why Blue, I agree that Adamstown are looking good with Gordo doing an excellent job. But criticising other kids for changing clubs and playing up in the 19s is a bit rich.

Why Blue
04-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Why Blue, I agree that Adamstown are looking good with Gordo doing an excellent job. But criticising other kids for changing clubs and playing up in the 19s is a bit rich.

My criticism ( if that's what you call it ) would be of the club, for overlooking some talented existing kids and not promoting them to 19's
My point about the new recruits emphasises that they overlooked talented loyal kids for a couple of kids that change clubs as often as undies

late_to_the_game
04-04-2016, 03:07 PM
My criticism ( if that's what you call it ) would be of the club, for overlooking some talented existing kids and not promoting them to 19's
My point about the new recruits emphasises that they overlooked talented loyal kids for a couple of kids that change clubs as often as undies

I actually agree with you on this one. Only 3 of the Boys in 17's last year were kept (out of 5 that could stay) and only 2 of the 17's have been retained for 19's (17's team finished mid table, drew 0-0 with EJets two weeks before final series that they won). I think it could have been done better, but a new coach for 19's and head coach wanting to do things their way.

FAT BUT....KIND
04-04-2016, 05:34 PM
You had a shot at Magic in previous posts and now you have targeted the Buds? Who is next?

Why Blue
04-04-2016, 05:46 PM
You had a shot at Magic in previous posts and now you have targeted the Buds? Who is next?
Move on snake, you need to clean the toilets.

Hold on precious fat
You have your opinion of your "on fire" buds I have a different one
It's all good we are grown up aren't we ???
Or are people with opinions snakes ??

And what the hell is your fascination with toilets ???

prawnhead
04-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Mate I don't know, not there anymore, from what I have seen and been told two things.......
Defence, just not what it was, big centre back that looks hopelessly out of place and plays way to high for some one with his lack of pace and left back ( a managers son ) who is somehow starting in front of others ???? Best he had yesterday against jets was wanting to "drop " a 14yo who just skinned him, just farking stupid when down 4-0
Maybe also keeper had enjoyed two years without being really tested now showing his real ability ???

Coach, the core of this team has had same coach and methodology for two years from what I hear new coach is like going back to U/9
There is hope but as a very capable coach is now involved and could be a big help
Club has done wrong by these boys very successful, very well coached, club should have left Greg Smith at 17's to continue developing these boys

WB - who is this new coach that is helping out with CCB 17's?

Why Blue
04-04-2016, 09:04 PM
WB - who is this new coach that is helping out with CCB 17's?

Sent you a message

doublechop
05-04-2016, 12:53 PM
I have heard from a few different people that the pies were very lucky to get a 2-1 win over Weston on sunday in 17s at cooks square, any truth to this?

Apollo Creed
05-04-2016, 01:30 PM
I have heard from a few different people that the pies were very lucky to get a 2-1 win over Weston on sunday in 17s at cooks square, any truth to this?

hmmmmmmm
very lucky or not very lucky they won?:facepalm:
truth is on the 17npl results and ladder- what sort of statement is that

Drago
05-04-2016, 02:36 PM
hmmmmmmm
I thought I shut your trash talking mouth for good?
Take your black and white glasses off for a minute......Friggin Party Pies are touchy today!!!

FAT BUT....KIND
05-04-2016, 02:56 PM
sfc

FAT BUT....KIND
05-04-2016, 03:00 PM
sfc

Why Blue
05-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Not everybody, just slimy fu@kers like yourself.

Fat......I'm all for a bit of friendly banter but really don't want to respond to your shit
So please from now on do not respond to my posts, if you really want to rip into me message me your number and I will be happy to call you and discuss football matters

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Ohhhhh my goodness.

This thread outlines one major issue in Youth development in our region.

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Ps I keep getting confused between the "experts, experts everywhere" and the "NPL Youth" thread.

Apollo Creed
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM
I thought I shut your trash talking mouth for good?
Take your black and white glasses off for a minute......Friggin Party Pies are touchy today!!!

:roflz:

big jim
05-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Ohhhhh my goodness.

Agree bremsman the rubbish from fatman is something we could live without
Way too much talk about snakes and toilets for my liking
Me thinks they go hand in hand for the fatman

hawk
05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Ps I keep getting confused between the "experts, experts everywhere" and the "NPL Youth" thread.

one lot ends up as dog food

doublechop
05-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Ohhhhh my goodness.

I think you will find that the problem is delusional Maitland supporters, that get their back up over a question about a game that from all reports they played very poorly and were dominated all match by the bears who just couldnt convert thier chances?

doublechop
05-04-2016, 07:14 PM
hmmmmmmm

Truth is on the NPL ladder you think? That's why it reads Maitland has one win in all 4 grades from three rounds?? That statement was one that a delusional pies supporter like yourself cant handle!! :trolls:

Wild Brew
05-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Glad to have anyone support their club or even compliment another club for good performance. Drongo, Fat guts, doubleslop and Breakfastlounge add nothing to the chat. Good on Maitland 17s for toppling Weston, but I wouldn't write Weston off either. A strong side despite their position on the table. Remember teams have only played 2 or 3 games.

Why Blue
05-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Glad to have anyone support their club or even compliment another club for good performance. Drongo, Fat guts, doubleslop and Breakfastlounge add nothing to the chat. Good on Maitland 17s for toppling Weston, but I wouldn't write Weston off either. A strong side despite their position on the table. Remember teams have only played 2 or 3 games.

Yes agree
I am suprised by Weston so far I thought they would be strong this year as they finished strong last year to make 15's gf, maybe like CCB lost a few quality players in key positions and new members haven't quite gelled yet
Only rd 3 so plenty of time, will be watching with interest

FAT BUT....KIND
05-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Why be so skinny and unkind?

italian stallion
06-04-2016, 08:28 AM
I was at the maitland v Weston 17s game and thought the game was fairly even in my opinion.maitland were dangerous on the counter.it did appear they played 4 4 2 and didn't look like they tried to play out from the back.

big jim
06-04-2016, 08:31 AM

Spot on brewman, I ignore those mentioned they add nothing

Don't worry about Weston boys, couple if key players moved up from 15's to 19's and like blue man says for CCB these boys played key positions
But all will be good, just in time for your team, who ever that is.

FAT BUT....KIND
06-04-2016, 09:37 AM
one lot ends up as dog food
Hawk I noticed you swooped and edited some of my earlier posts? Did the fat man touch a nerve? I would have thought you may have come up with something better than SFC?

Bremsstrahlung
06-04-2016, 10:41 AM

Was that meant to be me?
Don't recall trying to add anything to the debate/my teams better than your team rubbish. I care very little about the banter that borderlines harassment and childish name calling in this thread. It's often confusing whether it's the 14 year olds themselves posting or their parents trying to live precariously through their child with the level of intelligence behind comments.

Please, don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good discussion in here. And much of it is respectful and knowledgable from passionate people within the NPL comp, but when it gets to name calling and personal attacks, that's when it turns to rubbish.

Wild Brew
06-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Was that meant to be me?
Don't recall trying to add anything to the debate/my teams better than your team rubbish. I care very little about the banter that borderlines harassment and childish name calling in this thread. It's often confusing whether it's the 14 year olds themselves posting or their parents trying to live precariously through their child with the level of intelligence behind comments.

Please, don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good discussion in here. And much of it is respectful and knowledgable from passionate people within the NPL comp, but when it gets to name calling and personal attacks, that's when it turns to rubbish.
Agreed, you haven't added anything to debate. Just made sarcastic comments about others and thrown out the old chestnut "living through their kids" - a line most often used by those without kids or very underachieving kids. Sure I've taken a dig at others, but based on their ugly snipes, they deserve little else.
As for Weston, Maitland or any other team, I respect the efforts they have made to compete at this level. Some don't have the same depth of talent at this point, but I expect them all to improve over the course of the season.

Why Blue
06-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Was that meant to be me?

So we can assume when you referred to experts everywhere you were being complimentary ???

Anyway back to football one thing I do know is that the kids play better football than the parents comment

Bremsstrahlung
06-04-2016, 11:53 AM
So we can assume when you referred to experts everywhere you were being complimentary ???

Anyway back to football one thing I do know is that the kids play better football than the parents comment

You can assume whatever you want.

Bremsstrahlung
06-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Agreed, you haven't added anything to debate. Just made sarcastic comments about others and thrown out the old chestnut "living through their kids" - a line most often used by those without kids or very underachieving kids. Sure I've taken a dig at others, but based on their ugly snipes, they deserve little else.
As for Weston, Maitland or any other team, I respect the efforts they have made to compete at this level. Some don't have the same depth of talent at this point, but I expect them all to improve over the course of the season.

Fair enough. Don't know if you've noticed but sarcasm around this forum is pretty commonplace. The internet can be a pretty dangerous place for those easily offended.
I don't think I'm wrong though. Most in this thread have children, coach, or have a strong club tie within the NPL competition. And it often turns into a dick waving contest. Then everyone gets offended and things get personal.

Apollo Creed
06-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Spot on brewman, I ignore those mentioned they add nothing

Don't worry about Weston boys, couple if key players moved up from 15's to 19's and like blue man says for CCB these boys played key positions
But all will be good, just in time for your team, who ever that is.

Its a close comp in 17NPL
Olympic too strong and favorite's for me, Magic 17/19/22's for 2nd :lol:

big jim
06-04-2016, 02:54 PM

The mighty Apollo
Only 17's for me don't know anything about seniors
But yes Olympic certainly look strong and their 14's 15's have been a great team the last two years so would expect them to continue
Magic 17's will depend on what they are left with after 19's are settled I think, but always seems to be drama around this team so I stay away
Buds will be strong, jets started well but injuries ( in both 15 & 16 ) could determine their season

Weston will come good

Y Bloo?
06-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Interesting observation Apollo, but will the Magic 17s keep playing seniors once their comp starts???
And Jimbo, you would have seen seniors playing if you had been at Magic 17 games over last 3 weeks. As for Emerging Jets, they will be more competitive because they aren't prepared to give even game time anymore. Will even promote younger players if weaknesses in their team aren't firing. Not a criticism, just an observation.

hawk
06-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Hawk I noticed you swooped and edited some of my earlier posts? Did the fat man touch a nerve? I would have thought you may have come up with something better than SFC?

only because they were silly fking comments. didnt you get that either? nerve? cant suffer fools

Doggydingo
06-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Come one Why Blue, you are joking aren't you? Those two teams in that grand final played the worst football I have ever seen. Boot the ball long and chase the hell out of it, and may the quickest kid win. No skill, no quality and an absolute rubbish game!

early_to_the_match
06-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Come one Why Blue, you are joking aren't you? Those two teams in that grand final played the worst football I have ever seen. Boot the ball long and chase the hell out of it, and may the quickest kid win. No skill, no quality and an absolute rubbish game!
Yeah. I thought it lacked something. That's right - skill.

Why Blue
06-04-2016, 10:57 PM

Would agree that the gf was not the best quality game of the year, believe me I have the DVD, but you guys could surely appreciate that is was a grand final, played that way, FFA guide lines thrown out the window on the way to jack mac
Also was wet and pitch was very boggy,so skill probably got lost in the mud

But judge them for the way they played through out the year not that one game

And now it seems both these teams are victims of thier success, both having lost players up to 19's , 4 from CCB and 3 I think from Weston, but good on the kids for having a go and good on the clubs and coaches for giving the kids the chance

big jim
07-04-2016, 08:19 AM

Come on doggy man be fair
Was pouring rain, ground was a bog hole and it was a grand final were both teams wanted to win

What did you expect, really ?

I actually thought the conditions would have better suited Weston and probably did

Hay blue man did you buy a copy of the DVD that Weston organised ?
Good of them to extend offer to CCB

Why Blue
07-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Hay blue man did you buy a copy of the DVD that Weston organised ?
Good of them to extend offer to CCB

Yep thru Weston
$10
Have watched once, wouldn't even know were it is now !!!!

big jim
08-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Have heard that NNSWF have bought in a system to penalise clubs if youth give away red & yellow cards for decent
Heard a few variations but don't know details
Can anyone confirm
Thx

early_to_the_match
08-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Have heard that NNSWF have bought in a system to penalise clubs if youth give away red & yellow cards for decent
Heard a few variations but don't know details
Can anyone confirm
Thx
I assume you meant "dissent".

Bremsstrahlung
08-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Penalising it appropriately in game should be the first step. Dish the yellows and if needed second yellows and should decrease.
Good move to crack down on it. Not sure if this is the best way.

late_to_the_game
08-04-2016, 10:38 PM
My understanding is possible loss of 1st grade points for ref abuse in any lower/younger grade. Club officials, Coaches and players have to behave.

Bremsstrahlung
09-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Punish the player first, then their team, then the club.
Escalate as necessary.
Don't think first grade should be affected.

Yellow card the offender, put them on a 3 strikes system in addition to the usual yellow card system.
3 instances of dissent resulting in a yellow card and they should be susoended.
I daresay that's enough to stop most of it. Then if it continues Dock the team points, then fine clubs.

I hope/think it's more of a scare tactic to make club officials and coaches more responsible for their actions. To make sure they are internally policing dissent. Which is a good mood. Officials and coaches abuse refs, players, especially young ones see this and think it's ok. Problem starts with their mentors/people they aspire to be like.

These are young, testosterone filled boys that want to win and be the best and are very passionate. Tempers will flare and even the most even manners player can have a meltdown. And to punish first grade for this is a bit harsh imo. And I hope/believe it would be for multiple offences that are unresolved and still commenting.