PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Women's Premier League

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
01-01-2016, 04:09 PM
2016 Women's Premier League

chocolate soldier
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
is it true that Wallsend 1st grade got smacked 15-0 by the u17's emerging jets on weekend?? if so, what is going on there??

late_to_the_game
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I would think that is possible. The boys would have been too quick. Also depends who Wallsend had available for the trial.

The Merewether 1st grade trial performances have been very dependent on who is available.

chocolate soldier
08-02-2016, 06:42 PM
They played emerging jets women i was told, but could be wrong

Have merwether had trials?

late_to_the_game
10-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Yes, against Adamstown AA Mens A grade and Merewether 18A teams, so far.

Goatscheese
10-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Yes, against Adamstown AA Mens A grade and Merewether 18A teams, so far.

How did your 1st grade team go against the buds AA-A team?

late_to_the_game
12-02-2016, 12:09 AM
To be honest, not sure. They played them again tonight, but it was 9 v 10 so not ideal.

football tragic
12-02-2016, 05:56 PM
is it true that Wallsend 1st grade got smacked 15-0 by the u17's emerging jets on weekend?? if so, what is going on there??

Yes it's true, It was 4 nil at halftime. Wallsend were missing 6 first graders and are in preseason playing against a very good/fit team.

late_to_the_game
12-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Merewether U18's looking for one more player, lost one to injury for the year.

soccernut
12-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Merewether U18's looking for one more player, lost one to injury for the year.

That's no good, I hope she recovers well and can play next year.

How are your teams shaping up ?

I heard Imogenee is staying with you guys.

Goatscheese
13-02-2016, 12:08 AM
To be honest, not sure. They played them again tonight, but it was 9 v 10 so not ideal.

Yeah for, doesn't really give good indications.

Goatscheese
13-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Adamstown playing trail matches tomorrow U14's and U16's against the U13's and U14's Emerging Jets respectively with U18's and 1st grade playing against Warners Bay.

soccernut
13-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Adamstown playing trail matches tomorrow U14's and U16's against the U13's and U14's Emerging Jets respectively with U18's and 1st grade playing against Warners Bay.

u16's Jets 7 Adamstown 1

u18's Adamstown v u18's Warners Bay, nil all draw

First Grade Adamstown 2 Warners Bay 1

Goatscheese
13-02-2016, 07:55 PM
u16's Jets 7 Adamstown 1

u18's Adamstown v u18's Warners Bay, nil all draw

First Grade Adamstown 2 Warners Bay 1

How did the three teams perform? Do you know the score for the 14's?

soccernut
13-02-2016, 10:55 PM
How did the three teams perform? Do you know the score for the 14's?

I don't know the exact score of the u14's. I was only told that it was close and fairly competitive. Someone told me it was about 2 all but they didn't seem that sure of the result.

I was also told the u16 and u18 scores. I believe the Adamstown u16's had a weakened side with quiet a few players out.

I was told the u18 game was a pretty even game,but a scrappy affair.

I only saw the first grade game and both teams had good periods of play in what was a pretty even game. The Adamstown goalkeeper pulled off some great saves in the first half and Adamstown scored late in the second half to win the game. Rhali Dobson did not play for Adamstown with Maddi Smith and Laura Rapley unavailable for Warners Bay.

Looking forward to a more even and better standard comp in all grades this year.

Goatscheese
14-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to a more even and better standard comp in all grades this year.

Well hopefully but with Wallsend still looking for Under 16s and Thornton still looking for Under 14s the lower comps may still be a 4 teams top and the rest well behind again.

soccernut
14-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Well hopefully but with Wallsend still looking for Under 16s and Thornton still looking for Under 14s the lower comps may still be a 4 teams top and the rest well behind again.

Yes your probably right but I still think it will be an improvement on last years comp. I don't think there will be as many big scores, hopefully Thornton and Wallsend pick up the players they need.

chocolate soldier
14-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Adamstown 1sts without 4 players yesterday, but agree that it was an even and entertaining game

chocolate soldier
16-02-2016, 11:03 AM
havent heard of any trials for southy or thornton yet...

soccernut
16-02-2016, 04:02 PM
havent heard of any trials for southy or thornton yet...

I have heard nothing re their trials. Adamstown seem to have been the busiest with trials.

late_to_the_game
21-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Merewether - Warners Bay trials for 14's and 18s today.

14's 1-1, both teams missing players, but still a good test of preparations.

18's 2-0 to Warners Bay also a good game, again players missing.

From a Merewether perspective, happy with the results and what we learned.

Warners Bay teams looked like a merger of last years teams and Valentine.

chocolate soldier
21-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Trials from today

Adamstown 14's vs Wallsend 14's... 5-2
Adamstown 16's vs Wallsend 16's.. 10-0
Adamstown 18's vs Killarney Vale reserves... 1-1
Adamstown 1sts vs Killarney Vale 1sts... 4-0

Successful day for the buds

Goatscheese
21-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Adamstown 16's vs Wallsend 16's.. 10-0

WTF? I do know Wallsend are looking for players for their 16's side.

Do you or anyone else know if they had a full complement of 16's or even all of their 16's? Or were a lot of their players away and it was filled in by 14's that had just played a game?

soccernut
24-02-2016, 07:00 PM
WTF? I do know Wallsend are looking for players for their 16's side.

Do you or anyone else know if they had a full complement of 16's or even all of their 16's? Or were a lot of their players away and it was filled in by 14's that had just played a game?

They only have the bare 11 u16 players registered so chances are they had a few u14's backing up.

Goatscheese
24-02-2016, 10:41 PM
They only have the bare 11 u16 players registered so chances are they had a few u14's backing up.

Yeah fair enough, you have to wonder that with 1 less team in the comp this year, what happened to all the girls? Wallsend aren't the only team still looking Thornton held another lot of trails only recently.

soccernut
25-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Yeah fair enough, you have to wonder that with 1 less team in the comp this year, what happened to all the girls? Wallsend aren't the only team still looking Thornton held another lot of trails only recently.

I can't beleive that Thornton are still looking foru14 girls, they are the only club in the Hunter Valley and its such a big growth areaI would say that it just proves that there is still not enough girls in the Newcastle area to supply four clubs, particularly with South Wallsend and Wallsend being so close they are basically competing for the same girls. South Wallsend are still putting feelers out for u16 girls as well.

chocolate soldier
25-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Yeah, thats surprising about thornton.
Imagine the chaos if they had of let New Lambton into the comp... some girls would be backing up and playing 2 games a day just to cover numbers.

Goatscheese
25-02-2016, 08:00 PM
I can't beleive that Thornton are still looking foru14 girls, they are the only club in the Hunter Valley and its such a big growth areaI would say that it just proves that there is still not enough girls in the Newcastle area to supply four clubs, particularly with South Wallsend and Wallsend being so close they are basically competing for the same girls. South Wallsend are still putting feelers out for u16 girls as well.

I heard that Thornton did lose 4-5 of their U14's from last year to the EJ program but I would've thought that with their head coach being involved with Hunter Hawks and their 1st grade keeper also a coach at Hunter Hawks there would be a bit of a feeder system.

Hadn't heard about South Wallsend though I doubt it is just the area after all girls come from all over the city and surrounding areas to play. I know girls that live only minutes from the Warners Bay ground playing at clubs further afield.

soccernut
25-02-2016, 09:46 PM
I heard that Thornton did lose 4-5 of their U14's from last year to the EJ program but I would've thought that with their head coach being involved with Hunter Hawks and their 1st grade keeper also a coach at Hunter Hawks there would be a bit of a feeder system.

Hadn't heard about South Wallsend though I doubt it is just the area after all girls come from all over the city and surrounding areas to play. I know girls that live only minutes from the Warners Bay ground playing at clubs further afield.

I think most players tend to stick within their area and junior club but some players decide to change clubs for various reasons and there is no doubt that some girls travel and choose to play for clubs some distance from their home. I know one ex Warners Bay Junior is playing at South Wallsend and another at Adamstown. There is one ex South Wallsend player and one ex Wallsend player that decided to play for Warners Bay this year, swings and roundabouts really.

Warners Bay got 5 of their girls into the EJ program this year, that's 12 Warners Bay girls currently in the Jets program.

Warners Bay has three u14 girls teams and the players are aware that some WPL clubs are still looking for players but they or their parents are not willing to travel to another area to play WPL. I think it is still important that WPL clubs need to have a big junior base so that if they lose players to other clubs they have ready made replacements.

Goatscheese
25-02-2016, 10:29 PM
I think most players tend to stick within their area and junior club but some players decide to change clubs for various reasons and there is no doubt that some girls travel and choose to play for clubs some distance from their home. I know one ex Warners Bay Junior is playing at South Wallsend and another at Adamstown. There is one ex South Wallsend player and one ex Wallsend player that decided to play for Warners Bay this year, swings and roundabouts really.

Indeed some girls like to chop and change clubs but I don't think the Wallsend-South Wallsend thing should be an issue if players want to play in the WPL and they don't get into their club of choice then they can trail at other clubs. I should say I do know of a few junior girls that played last year (1 from Merewether, 2 from Adamstown, 2 from South Wallsend and 1 from Thornton) have lost interest and don't want to play this year for one reason or another which is another issue clubs will face. Not sure how many of the Valo girls from the junior grades gave up too but I don't think many of them were up for it.

Warners Bay got 5 of their girls into the EJ program this year, that's 12 Warners Bay girls currently in the Jets program.

Good for Warners Bay to be able to spruik that.

Warners Bay has three u14 girls teams and the players are aware that some WPL clubs are still looking for players but they or their parents are not willing to travel to another area to play WPL. I think it is still important that WPL clubs need to have a big junior base so that if they lose players to other clubs they have ready made replacements.

Maybe the players and parents know their daughters aren't up to WPL standard and or the girls would rather just play with friends. If the competition can continue to go from strength to strength and Northern can promote it as the top league for women and girls and get more enthusiasm to go for the level (like a lot of boys do with the YPL) then some of those better girls will be wanting to move into the league more.

soccernut
26-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Indeed some girls like to chop and change clubs but I don't think the Wallsend-South Wallsend thing should be an issue if players want to play in the WPL and they don't get into their club of choice then they can trail at other clubs. I should say I do know of a few junior girls that played last year (1 from Merewether, 2 from Adamstown, 2 from South Wallsend and 1 from Thornton) have lost interest and don't want to play this year for one reason or another which is another issue clubs will face. Not sure how many of the Valo girls from the junior grades gave up too but I don't think many of them were up for it.

Good for Warners Bay to be able to spruik that.

Maybe the players and parents know their daughters aren't up to WPL standard and or the girls would rather just play with friends. If the competition can continue to go from strength to strength and Northern can promote it as the top league for women and girls and get more enthusiasm to go for the level (like a lot of boys do with the YPL) then some of those better girls will be wanting to move into the league more.

agree

Goatscheese
27-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Merewether - Warners Bay trials for 14's and 18s today.

14's 1-1, both teams missing players, but still a good test of preparations.

18's 2-0 to Warners Bay also a good game, again players missing.

From a Merewether perspective, happy with the results and what we learned.

Just saw this, why didn't the 16s and 1st grade teams play?

Warners Bay teams looked like a merger of last years teams and Valentine.

The 18's certainly are in fact mainly comprised of Valo's team from last year. They should be more of a force this year.

Goatscheese
27-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Results of the Adamstown trails today chocolate solider?

chocolate soldier
27-02-2016, 08:25 PM
14's went down 2-1 to FMNC
16's won 3-2 vs FMNC
18's won 3-0 vs Gosford City
1st Grade won 9-1 vs Gosford City

soccernut
27-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Just saw this, why didn't the 16s and 1st grade teams play?

The 18's certainly are in fact mainly comprised of Valo's team from last year. They should be more of a force this year.

Warners Bay had a lot of u16's away and couldn't field a team and Merewether 1st grade were unable to form a team also due to player unavailability

Warners Bay u18's are 12 ex Valo players and 3 warners bay players.

Warners Bay u16's 10 warners bay juniors, 1 from south wallsend, 1 from korea and a two new to WPL

Warners BAY U14's 5 from warners bay, 5 from valo and 6 new to WPL

Goatscheese
27-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Warners Bay had a lot of u16's away and couldn't field a team and Merewether 1st grade were unable to form a team also due to player unavailability

Warners Bay u18's are 12 ex Valo players and 3 warners bay players.

Warners Bay u16's 10 warners bay juniors, 1 from south wallsend, 1 from korea and a two new to WPL

Warners BAY U14's 5 from warners bay, 5 from valo and 6 new to WPL

Thanks, interesting to know, how many Valo 1st grade players made the switch?

Goatscheese
27-02-2016, 11:10 PM
14's went down 2-1 to FMNC
16's won 3-2 vs FMNC
18's won 3-0 vs Gosford City
1st Grade won 9-1 vs Gosford City

Though hit outs for the juniors, would expect your team to convincingly beat one of the weaker CC teams.

soccernut
28-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks, interesting to know, how many Valo 1st grade players made the switch?

Three, Cassidy Davis, Nadia Squires and Toria Campbell.

I believe most of the Valo first graders went to South Wallsend and Wallsend.

Goatscheese
28-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Three, Cassidy Davis, Nadia Squires and Toria Campbell.

I believe most of the Valo first graders went to South Wallsend and Wallsend.

Wow only three? I know a quite a few of the 1st graders didn't want to go over though no real loss for Warners they have a decent side, just needed direction last year.

Have Warners Bay U16 side had any trail matches yet? I've been told a few things but I don't believe it entirely.

chocolate soldier
28-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Scores of thornton vs sth wallsend today?

soccernut
28-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Wow only three? I know a quite a few of the 1st graders didn't want to go over though no real loss for Warners they have a decent side, just needed direction last year.

Have Warners Bay U16 side had any trail matches yet? I've been told a few things but I don't believe it entirely.

What have you heard ?

Goatscheese
28-02-2016, 10:02 PM
What have you heard ?

That they refuse to play against any other teams in the comp, would be understandable but the rest of the club have done it.

soccernut
28-02-2016, 10:37 PM
That they refuse to play against any other teams in the comp, would be understandable but the rest of the club have done it.

They have had a few girls away with other commitments when some of the trials were organised. The u16 coach's preference is to play against boy's teams in preparation for the regular season. They have been playing against younger A/B grade boys teams for wins and draws, no loses.

leftrightout
29-02-2016, 08:30 AM
I know its not exactly WPL topic but is there Womens Zone Premier League back happening this season?

mussfc
29-02-2016, 08:55 AM
I know its not exactly WPL topic but is there Womens Zone Premier League back happening this season?

Yes there is

leftrightout
29-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Yes there is

Thats great that it is back.
What teams are in it this season?

Goatscheese
29-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Thats great that it is back.
What teams are in it this season?

New Lambton is one as they look to get into the WPL next year,

chocolate soldier
29-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Think there would pretty much well be too many clubs close together if new lambton came in next year, will be an issue perhaps trying to get numbers for all 4 grades in an area so close to other WPL clubs
Maybe they should look into expanding into an area outside inner newcastle area instead

Footyhead
29-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Think there would pretty much well be too many clubs close together if new lambton came in next year, will be an issue perhaps trying to get numbers for all 4 grades in an area so close to other WPL clubs
Maybe they should look into expanding into an area outside inner newcastle area instead

Other than MidNorthCoast and Hunter Valley, location doesn't matter in the Newcastle Lake Mac area. Players will be more swayed by other factors eg coaching staff, club set up, friends. It will also be the clubs with people & management capable & willing to run WPL that will be admitted... that's why there's no Valo this year, that's why Lambton is potential for next year.

Goatscheese
29-02-2016, 10:30 PM

I think they shouldn't be looking for an expansion at all at this stage. There are at least three teams struggling for numbers in the junior grades, imagine what an eighth team no matter where it is from would do to the number of players and quality of play.

soccernut
29-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Other than MidNorthCoast and Hunter Valley, location doesn't matter in the Newcastle Lake Mac area. Players will be more swayed by other factors eg coaching staff, club set up, friends. It will also be the clubs with people & management capable & willing to run WPL that will be admitted... that's why there's no Valo this year, that's why Lambton is potential for next year.

I agree with most of what your saying but all the evidence is that inner Newcastle and the WPL comp is at capacity. New Lambton would probably do a good job but if they are admitted it will be to the determinant of other Newcastle WPL clubs.There is already a shortage of u14 and u16 players in WPL, if you add another club in the mix you will have a shortage of players in all four age groups and the playing standard will drop accordingly. The comp needs to stabilise and strengthen before considering expansion.

Footyhead
29-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I agree with most of what your saying but all the evidence is that inner Newcastle and the WPL comp is at capacity. New Lambton would probably do a good job but if they are admitted it will be to the determinant of other Newcastle WPL clubs.There is already a shortage of u14 and u16 players in WPL, if you add another club in the mix you will have a shortage of players in all four age groups and the playing standard will drop accordingly. The comp needs to stabilise and strengthen before considering expansion.

Yes, as evidenced last year, 8 teams too much of a stretch... too many young kids playing up for too many games. Whilst good to get experience playing up, to do it consistently and play 2 (or even 3) games each weekend is too much & susceptible to fatigue & injury.

late_to_the_game
01-03-2016, 04:46 AM
New Lambton is one as they look to get into the WPL next year,

Cooks hill have aims to be in WPL as well.

leftrightout
01-03-2016, 07:42 AM
So what is the current set up for WPL and ZPL?
WPL
Valentine
Adamstown
MNC
Thornton
Merewether
Wallsend
Sth Wallsend
Warners Bay

ZPL
Cooks Hill
New Lambton
Mayfield Snr
Uni
?????

Expanding can dilute the talent but gees its nice to see clubs genuinely interested in stepping up womens football.

chocolate soldier
01-03-2016, 08:02 AM
you been away for a little while leftrightout... valentine have folded and are no longer in WPL

sammydog
01-03-2016, 08:16 AM
WPL
Valentine
Adamstown
MNC
Thornton
Merewether
Wallsend
Sth Wallsend
Warners Bay

ZPL
Cooks Hill
New Lambton
Mayfield Snr
Uni
?????

Expanding can dilute the talent but gees its nice to see clubs genuinely interested in stepping up womens football.

We wanted to be apart of the Womens ZPL, but couldn't field the teams. So for now we will focus on growing the Junior side of the female game and step up when we consolidate our numbers.

mussfc
01-03-2016, 08:20 AM
WPL
Valentine
Adamstown
MNC
Thornton
Merewether
Wallsend
Sth Wallsend
Warners Bay

ZPL
Cooks Hill
New Lambton
Mayfield Snr
Uni
?????

Cessnock
Muswellbrook

Footyhead
01-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Cessnock
Muswellbrook

What about Nelson Bay ?

RAM
01-03-2016, 09:37 AM
What's the standard like in the u/16s and u/18s WNPL? Got a girl who's come up for boarding school - not sure where she should play....

leftrightout
01-03-2016, 09:54 AM
you been away for a little while leftrightout... valentine have folded and are no longer in WPL
So I have haha sorry!

Jardelsimage
01-03-2016, 05:01 PM
zone not looking good at the moment, down to 3 teams I believe

Goatscheese
01-03-2016, 07:37 PM
We wanted to be apart of the Womens ZPL, but couldn't field the teams. So for now we will focus on growing the Junior side of the female game and step up when we consolidate our numbers.

Do you mind saying who we is?

soccernut
01-03-2016, 10:20 PM
zone not looking good at the moment, down to 3 teams I believe

Muswellbrook are not entering now.

sammydog
01-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Do you mind saying who we is?

Sorry, Garden Suburb.

Goatscheese
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Sorry, Garden Suburb.

Cool, good to see another side promoting the women's game in the juniors.

sammydog
01-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Cool, good to see another side promoting the women's game in the juniors.

Our plan is to start at the bottom with the juniors. Its probably unrealistic to expect to suddenly fill an Under 14's team from scratch. This year we should have U6 through to U9's covered which gives a good base to grow from moving forward. If we can add a few more teams each season as the word gets out, I will be happy.

Unfortunately we have gone from two All Age Womens teams last season down to one this year, hopefully we can address that next season as well.

leftrightout
02-03-2016, 07:26 AM
Muswellbrook are not entering now.

So i can pretty much assume no ZPL this season then. That's no good, i hope that clubs involved and the associations keep trying each year. It would be truly great to have all of these womens comps up and running steadily!

chocolate soldier
02-03-2016, 08:16 AM
So i can pretty much assume no ZPL this season then. That's no good, i hope that clubs involved and the associations keep trying each year. It would be truly great to have all of these womens comps up and running steadily!

same thing happened last year!! i know people who have had trials and got their teams graded, set themselves up for the ZWPL. now these guys have to go and re-jig everything.

Associations need to stop promising clubs a competition that they can't guarantee will work and go ahead

leftrightout
02-03-2016, 09:28 AM
same thing happened last year!! i know people who have had trials and got their teams graded, set themselves up for the ZWPL. now these guys have to go and re-jig everything.

Associations need to stop promising clubs a competition that they can't guarantee will work and go ahead

I disagree on associations "promising" i feel they are doing their most to get this comp going. If numbers aren't there to set it up its hard position to be in. They are obviously giving clubs every chance.

As far as re-jigging, what really needs to be done? If you had a squad of 1st grade and reserve grade they will now play A and B grade all age.

sammydog
02-03-2016, 03:07 PM
I disagree on associations "promising" i feel they are doing their most to get this comp going. If numbers aren't there to set it up its hard position to be in. They are obviously giving clubs every chance.

As far as re-jigging, what really needs to be done? If you had a squad of 1st grade and reserve grade they will now play A and B grade all age.

I agree. The association has to offer it, its up to the clubs to get the numbers sorted.

As I said earlier, it is our clubs intention to be a part of the Womens ZPL, its just a matter of us building up that side of the club first. This year was a set too far too soon.

chocolate soldier
03-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Merewether vs cooks hill tonight.... how did that end up?

Goatscheese
03-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Scores of thornton vs sth wallsend today?

Was told Thornton won 4 or 5 nil

Goatscheese
06-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Any trail games played this weekend?

soccernut
06-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Any trail games played this weekend?

Friday night u14's Warners BAY V Adamstown 1-1

Today

u14 Warners Bay 4 Wallsend 1

u16 Warners Bay 8 Wallsend 0

u18 Wallsend withdrew due to lack of players

First grade I think Wallsend played another club

Warners Bay played u16 boys and won 5-3.

Goatscheese
06-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Friday night u14's Warners BAY V Adamstown 1-1

Today

u14 Warners Bay 4 Wallsend 1

u16 Warners Bay 8 Wallsend 0

u18 Wallsend withdrew due to lack of players

First grade I think Wallsend played another club

Warners Bay played u16 boys and won 5-3.

Yeah would expect the U16 Warners Bay team to be strong this year really them and Adamstown the two fighting it out.

I did hear the Adamstown U14s played a game but I know they had their season launch Friday night as well, was it an arvo game?

soccernut
06-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Yeah would expect the U16 Warners Bay team to be strong this year really them and Adamstown the two fighting it out.

I did hear the Adamstown U14s played a game but I know they had their season launch Friday night as well, was it an arvo game?

Not sure, I was just told they played on Friday and the score was 1-1 all.

Yes early days but Adamstown and Warners Bay are looking strong in u16.The Warners Bay team from last year were a very young team, only one player from last years team was ineligible to play u16 this year due to age.

Goatscheese
06-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Not sure, I was just told they played on Friday and the score was 1-1 all.

Yes early days but Adamstown and Warners Bay are looking strong in u16.The Warners Bay team from last year were a very young team, only one player from last years team was ineligible to play u16 this year due to age.

And they were strong last year as well. Have they still got the same keeper? She was a gun, saw her play games in U18s and 1st grade as well and was very good against those stronger players considering her age.

soccernut
06-03-2016, 10:24 PM
And they were strong last year as well. Have they still got the same keeper? She was a gun, saw her play games in U18s and 1st grade as well and was very good against those stronger players considering her age.

Yes they still have the same keeper and yes she is still a gun.

chocolate soldier
07-03-2016, 06:04 AM
oh well, this time next week we will have seen the 1st round completed, hopefully it won't be as hot as the weekend just gone

Goatscheese
07-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Speaking of which anyone want to give predictions?

1st Grade
1. Merewether
2. Adamstown
3. Warners Bay
4. South Wallsend
5. Mid North Coast
6. Thornton
7. Wallsend

U18
1. Warners Bay
2. Adamstown
3. Mid North Coast
4. South Wallsend
5. Merewether
6. Wallsend
7. Thornton

Under 16

1. Adamstown
2. Warners Bay
3. Mid North Coast
4. Thornton
5. Merewether
6. South Wallsend
7. Wallsend

Under 14
1. Mid North Coast
2. South Wallsend
3. Adamstown
4. Merewether
5. Wallsend
6. Warners Bay
7. Thornton

chocolate soldier
08-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Big drop in prediction for Thornton 14's...

In saying that, i have only seen 16's and up so far

16's
1. Buds
2. W/B
3. FMNC
4. Merewether
5. Thornton
6. Southy
7. Wallsend

18's
1. FMNC
2. W/B
3. Merewether
4. Southy
5. Buds
6. Thornton
7. Wallsend

1st
1. Merewether
2. Buds
3. W/B
4. FMNC
5. Southy
6. Wallsend
7. Thornton

In saying these, i reckon most comps will go down to last week to sort out finals spots. The drop of a team will see stronger competition across all grades, sure to throw up more even scores and more regular upsets.

Goatscheese
08-03-2016, 08:41 PM
In saying these, i reckon most comps will go down to last week to sort out finals spots. The drop of a team will see stronger competition across all grades, sure to throw up more even scores and more regular upsets.

I hope so, last year most grades were stitched up with a few games left but hopefully it is strong comp in all groups this year. Would love to see a few finals spots (not just fourth) go down to the wire.

In saying that CS, if you are who I think you are, you're not thinking the U18s Buds will be strong enough to be able to get into the top 4?

soccernut
08-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Big drop in prediction for Thornton 14's...

In saying that, i have only seen 16's and up so far

16's
1. Buds
2. W/B
3. FMNC
4. Merewether
5. Thornton
6. Southy
7. Wallsend

18's
1. FMNC
2. W/B
3. Merewether
4. Southy
5. Buds
6. Thornton
7. Wallsend

1st
1. Merewether
2. Buds
3. W/B
4. FMNC
5. Southy
6. Wallsend
7. Thornton

Here is my biased predictions.

1ST

1. W/B
2. BUDS
3. MEREWETHER
4. SOUTHY
5. MNC
6. THORNTON
7. WALLSEND

U18'S

1. W/B
2. MNC
3. Merewether
4. Southy
5. Buds
6. Thornton
7. Wallsend

U16'S

1. W/B
2. buds
3. FMNC
4. Merewether
5. Thornton
6. Southy
7. Wallsend

U14'S

1. W/B
2. BUDS
3. MNC
4. MEREWETHER
5. WALLSEND
6. SOUTHY
7. THORNTON

soccernut
08-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Here is my biased predictions.

1ST

1. W/B
2. BUDS
3. MEREWETHER
4. SOUTHY
5. MNC
6. THORNTON
7. WALLSEND

U18'S

1. W/B
2. MNC
3. Merewether
4. Southy
5. Buds
6. Thornton
7. Wallsend

U16'S

1. W/B
2. buds
3. FMNC
4. Merewether
5. Thornton
6. Southy
7. Wallsend

U14'S

1. W/B
2. BUDS
3. MNC
4. MEREWETHER
5. WALLSEND
6. SOUTHY
7. THORNTON

I also predict that all four W/B teams will have no points after round 1.

chocolate soldier
10-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Looks like there has been heeeeaaaappps of player movement in the off season going by the nnsw article this arvo.
In saying that, sounds like there is a big influx of quality to the competition, will be a very even comp this year i reckon

Goatscheese
10-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Looks like there has been heeeeaaaappps of player movement in the off season going by the nnsw article this arvo.
In saying that, sounds like there is a big influx of quality to the competition, will be a very even comp this year i reckon

Quite a bit and a lot more at Adamstown than I thought. I knew Rhali had come back and if she repeats her performance as in 2014 they will continue to be high scoring couple of the other girls as well but didn't know there was six new players.

Pity they made a few errors in the article.

soccernut
10-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Looking forward to what could be the best WPL comp to be played to date. All teams except MNC seem to have strengthened and the gap between first and last has shrunk considerably.

chocolate soldier
11-03-2016, 07:31 AM
rd 1 tips

merewether vs buds - draw
wallsend vs southy - draw
FMNC vs thornton - FMNC

late_to_the_game
11-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to what could be the best WPL comp to be played to date. All teams except MNC seem to have strengthened and the gap between first and last has shrunk considerably.

So much will come down to injuries/absences. Adamstown suffered last year in that department.

For the squads that have depth, keeping the bench players happy will be a challenge.

Love those sticking their necks out. Love to pull up those posts later in the year ;-)

soccernut
11-03-2016, 07:20 PM
So much will come down to injuries/absences. Adamstown suffered last year in that department.

For the squads that have depth, keeping the bench players happy will be a challenge.

Love those sticking their necks out. Love to pull up those posts later in the year ;-)

Yes I agree and I am sure Goatscheese,chocolate soldier and yourself will have great delight in reminding me of my predictions at the end of the year. However I did say that they were biased predictions but I am still sticking with Warners Bay will have no points after round 1. If you want my honest opinion, after seeing the write up on the NNSW website and the player movement I believe the competition is as open as it has ever been and I think there is anyone of five teams that can win it and a lot will come down to injuries, team harmony and coaching.

Goatscheese
11-03-2016, 10:04 PM

I did put Merewether as premiers again.

late_to_the_game
13-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Credit to Adamstown, completed a clean sweep against Merewether in all ages today. 7-0, 4-1, 2-0, 2-1 (1sts)
First grade came down to a penalty with 1 minute to go.

We have some work to do, but confident we can reverse at least some of those results next time.

Our 14's have to get more organised defensively, but the girls have it in them to create an upset towards the end of the year when we play them again.
So as strange as it sounds, not super concerned!

Goatscheese
13-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Some big scores in the lower grades (FMNC won 12-0 in the 14s) unfortunately it may not be as close across all grades as hoped.

Goatscheese
13-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Credit to Adamstown, completed a clean sweep against Merewether in all ages today. 7-0, 4-1, 2-0, 2-1 (1sts)
First grade came down to a penalty with 1 minute to go.

Good for Adamstown they never managed that last year.

soccernut
13-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Its only early days yet but with some clubs struggling for numbers in u14, u16 and u18 and the scores from the first round in these age groups you would think that proves that the WPL is not ready for expansion. I think the first grade comp will still be close as they have a much larger talent pool to select from, selecting from an age group range of some 15 years as opposed to the two year age brackets with the younger age groups.

Warners Bay played Doyalson/wyee in trials today,they said they are one of the stronger teams on the coast. The u16 won 14 nil and u18 won 24 nil and I imagine first grade would have won by 20 plus.

Goatscheese
13-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Its only early days yet but with some clubs struggling for numbers in u14, u16 and u18 and the scores from the first round in these age groups you would think that proves that the WPL is not ready for expansion. I think the first grade comp will still be close as they have a much larger talent pool to select from, selecting from an age group range of some 15 years as opposed to the two year age brackets with the younger age groups.

Warners Bay played Doyalson/wyee in trials today,they said they are one of the stronger teams on the coast. The u16 won 14 nil and u18 won 24 nil and I imagine first grade would have won by 20 plus.

Yeah the Coast comp isn't that strong, even their Mariners team that plays in the Sydney comp like the Jets get beaten quite often.

And no the comp should not be expanded, any further next year but I doubt Northern are going to worry about the quality just the number of teams they can boast about.

late_to_the_game
21-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Just noticed the Merewether vs Adamstown U14 result has been changed from a 7-0 loss to a 3-0 win for Merewether. It wasnt Merewether that changed it, so can only assume it was NNSW.

Anyone have any idea why?

Thomas477
21-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Just noticed the Merewether vs Adamstown U14 result has been changed from a 7-0 loss to a 3-0 win for Merewether. It wasnt Merewether that changed it, so can only assume it was NNSW.

3 nil suggests some sort of forfeit by Adamstown. Wouldn't want to speculate, but 3-0 is typically the score for forfeits.

Goatscheese
21-03-2016, 11:45 PM

Seriously? Do you actually not know or are you just trying to play ignorance?

And I only ask that because it's you asking and am surprised you and your club had not been informed.

Also it had been changed once from a 7-0 loss to a 9-0 loss as Adamstown disputed the score and the team sheet showed 9-0.

3 nil suggests some sort of forfeit by Adamstown. Wouldn't want to speculate, but 3-0 is typically the score for forfeits.

It was a forfeit but they did play the game as late_to_the_game knows. Adamstown played an unregistered player on the day and were caught out by Northern as a result they were forced to forfeit and given a 3-0 loss. Won't matter much to Adamstown they will still make finals.

While I don't think Adamstown deliberately played her knowing she was unregistered the team officials should've known and had checks in place to ensure everyone they had selected for the squad was registered, perhaps their new registrar should've been more diligent.

I wonder if because they disputed it Northern went through the entire team sheet and noticed the unregistered player or if Northern do regularly check team sheets.

late_to_the_game
22-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Merwether has not received any notification. One of the kids noticed and asked a question.

Your response is what my guess was for it happening. Correct Adamstown 14s will easily make the finals.

Goatscheese
22-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Merwether has not received any notification. One of the kids noticed and asked a question.

Fair enough, I'm not surprised that Northern failed to notify you considering their past form but still shocked.

Entirely the committee's fault though considering it's a selection team one would think they would sure their entire squad was registered.

Nnswf
25-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Keely gawthrop dropped to 'set an example'. For being 5 minutes late. To a game where non of these girls are being paid, at least not enough to warrant this! As if taking the captaincy away from her on arrival wasn't a way to put your star player offside being a new coach! This is a girl who helped keep that club together last year as they went through some coaching turmoil. The wisdom of Marc Hingston shining once again! Would there be any bookies willing to take a bet that he'll be gone from a third club in three years!?

Also there was word that a players father got up close and personal with Leon Davis after the game on the weekend!? Any witnesses to this round 2 fury?

Goatscheese
26-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Keely gawthrop dropped to 'set an example'. For being 5 minutes late. To a game where non of these girls are being paid, at least not enough to warrant this! As if taking the captaincy away from her on arrival wasn't a way to put your star player offside being a new coach! This is a girl who helped keep that club together last year as they went through some coaching turmoil. The wisdom of Marc Hingston shining once again! Would there be any bookies willing to take a bet that he'll be gone from a third club in three years!?

5 minutes late to a game? Had the game started?

Also she is still Captain, though admittedly a co-captain. Did the club push back on Hingston?

Nnswf
26-03-2016, 02:07 AM
5 minutes late to a game? Had the game started?

Also she is still Captain, though admittedly a co-captain. Did the club push back on Hingston?

From the way it's read it's as if she was 5 minutes late to the warm up.... A massive issue in local sports that one.

Stevieg
26-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately a very bad read and once again facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda, its a real shame but this is why many refuse to be part of this page , A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition , This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown , Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.
It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players
With most clubs going into the 3rd round now and starting to settle some what , It a appears Southy are in some turmoil , Hannah Brewer and the keeper connie osborne leaving is a major blow for any team, its fact from a good source they where not happy with the club, one must ask who's next , if more leave or injuries occur , I am sure Southy would be Wooden Spoon favourites

soccernut
26-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately a very bad read and once again facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda, its a real shame but this is why many refuse to be part of this page , A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition , This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown , Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.
It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players
With most clubs going into the 3rd round now and starting to settle some what , It a appears Southy are in some turmoil , Hannah Brewer and the keeper connie osborne leaving is a major blow for any team, its fact from a good source they where not happy with the club, one must ask who's next , if more leave or injuries occur , I am sure Southy would be Wooden Spoon favourites

Who is KG ?

Nnswf
26-03-2016, 05:05 PM
If being 5 minutes late was a reason to be shown the door there would be no one left in those programs. Get a grip with the real world stevieg

Edit. This piece was left on the herald website 'not the World Cup champ...in fact it's only women's soccer. Coach needs a life. Drops the best player just to get his name in the newspaper. What a bloke!'
Not to be so harsh but we are talking about a bloke who has the herald on speed dial, and talks about himself just as much as the girls. Any media publicity the girls get really should be positive. Instead of how great a coach is

Goatscheese
26-03-2016, 11:13 PM
A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition

Hence why I was asking for clarification, could've been training for all I knew.

This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown

Something some parents and players need to learn. You want your player to have equal time with the best player that always rocks up to training go back to interdistrict.

Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.

I hope you meant Wallsend and not Warners Bay.

It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players.

It's a shame what is written on here is different to what is said by the clubs in private. And I don't recall South Wallsend writing anything on here, I think it is well known amongst footballing circles exactly why the club would not sign on Marc again.

Now who is coming spouting what is it you called it? "facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda" don't spout drivel I don't know about Connie but I do know Hannah and she told me she was offered good money by a Sydney club and you can't fault her for chasing the coin. But good try on the bs Marc.

Goatscheese
26-03-2016, 11:19 PM
If being 5 minutes late was a reason to be shown the door there would be no one left in those programs. Get a grip with the real world stevieg

It also won't get any respect if clubs continue to allow the behaviour to continue.

Edit. This piece was left on the herald website 'not the World Cup champ...in fact it's only women's soccer. Coach needs a life. Drops the best player just to get his name in the newspaper. What a bloke!'
Not to be so harsh but we are talking about a bloke who has the herald on speed dial, and talks about himself just as much as the girls. Any media publicity the girls get really should be positive. Instead of how great a coach is

Suspiciously that was posted on the article around the same time you edited your post. In saying that it is hardly something the club should be promoting to the media and further humiliating the girl.

Goatscheese
26-03-2016, 11:19 PM
Who is KG ?

Keely Gawthorp.

soccernut
27-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Keely Gawthorp.

Yes,I know KG from Wallsend but when he said KG from Warners Bay it threw me with the Typo.

late_to_the_game
27-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Merewether 1sts had a blinder today 7-0 over Thornton. Having said that not sure how many Thornton may have been missing.

Merewether are starting to play like they did last year.

14's had a win, 16's and 18s still a lot of work to do.

soccernut
27-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Merewether 1sts had a blinder today 7-0 over Thornton. Having said that not sure how many Thornton may have been missing.

What was the score in u16 and u18

late_to_the_game
27-03-2016, 06:44 PM
18's lost 4-0 but actually played the best they have done so far. Thornton punished us when we messed up.
16's 2-0 but this round is all about who has not gone away for Easter!

late_to_the_game
27-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Big scores in 1st grade all round!

Goatscheese
27-03-2016, 09:34 PM

Were your juniors missing players as well? Would've expected better scores for the 18's and 16's.

Goatscheese
03-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I know it is only early days but it looks like the gap in first is starting to show, once again three strong teams with the rest to make up numbers. So much for a much stronger more competitive comp this year.

Nnswf
03-04-2016, 09:48 PM
With one of the 'big 3' having a draw today with one of the 'lesser' sides would point towards the comp being stronger....

Competitions arn't won in April

soccernut
03-04-2016, 10:54 PM
I know it is only early days but it looks like the gap in first is starting to show, once again three strong teams with the rest to make up numbers. So much for a much stronger more competitive comp this year.

Every Wallsend person that I was talking to today conceded that Warners Bay should have been leading by four or five goals at the break, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the game and its too early to call the comp yet,Wallsend did come back strong in the second half but they played most of the first half in their own half under enormous pressure, lets see where we are once everyone has had a bye.

There was some highly qualified coaches watching the game today and they said if this is first v last then the comp has come ahead in leaps and bounds. It was a great wrap for the competition coming from highly qualified and regarded coach's.

chocolate soldier
04-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Give it a few more rounds, i think we will see the points get shared around once teams settle and get used to each other

Goatscheese
08-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Every Wallsend person that I was talking to today conceded that Warners Bay should have been leading by four or five goals at the break, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the game and its too early to call the comp yet,Wallsend did come back strong in the second half but they played most of the first half in their own half under enormous pressure, lets see where we are once everyone has had a bye.

There was some highly qualified coaches watching the game today and they said if this is first v last then the comp has come ahead in leaps and bounds. It was a great wrap for the competition coming from highly qualified and regarded coach's.

We know it isn't really a 1st vs last game, but we will see if it does remain tight across all 7 teams as people (including myself) hope it will be or if a gap will emerge.

soccernut
09-04-2016, 05:47 PM
We know it isn't really a 1st vs last game, but we will see if it does remain tight across all 7 teams as people (including myself) hope it will be or if a gap will emerge.

Warners BAY 5 Thornton nil in first grade and three draws in the other grades.

Goatscheese
09-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Warners BAY 5 Thornton nil in first grade and three draws in the other grades.

Not sure if you are trying to prove my point or disprove it except that 1st grade may be 4 instead of 3 teams.

Anyway good to see the Bay get their first win of the season would've expected them to go batter against the buds, maybe next time.

soccernut
09-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Not sure if you are trying to prove my point or disprove it except that 1st grade may be 4 instead of 3 teams.

Anyway good to see the Bay get their first win of the season would've expected them to go batter against the buds, maybe next time.

Nah, just saying first grade won 5-1 and our u18, u16 and u14 all had draws.

late_to_the_game
12-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Merewether U16s looking for two backs. Have lost two girls to possibly season ending injuries. If you happen to run across any spares, send them our way ;-)

chocolate soldier
06-05-2016, 10:01 AM
have seen South Wallsend have made 3 signings this week to boost their squad. this should add some steel to their team and improve their results and competitiveness
seems there are still some players out there to be lured back and enticed to play again

Goatscheese
06-05-2016, 08:06 PM
have seen South Wallsend have made 3 signings this week to boost their squad. this should add some steel to their team and improve their results and competitiveness
seems there are still some players out there to be lured back and enticed to play again

Who were they?

chocolate soldier
07-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Darcie Bell, erin wilson, amber neilson

Goatscheese
08-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Darcie Bell, erin wilson, amber neilson

Couple of big names there. I'm not surprised Darcie left Thornton, she was dropped from 1st to 18's with the player taking her place not having the quality to play 1st grade. All comes down to who know you at the Redbacks I guess.

Nnswf
09-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Glad to see that we've let the competition run its course instead of just running with the 'big 3' after the first two weeks.
Apparently a pretty serious blow up from the mereweather coach after there capitulation in the last five minutes? Not good form considering the suspension of players, and reminder from northern about the code of conduct in the last few weeks in the npl for very similar things!

chocolate soldier
09-05-2016, 12:57 PM
blow up at what?
has someone been suspended in this comp recently?

Goatscheese
09-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Apparently a pretty serious blow up from the mereweather coach after there capitulation in the last five minutes? Not good form considering the suspension of players, and reminder from northern about the code of conduct in the last few weeks in the npl for very similar things!

Are you going to enlighten us or just talk about something that has probably been beaten out of proportion.

Nnswf
09-05-2016, 10:30 PM
From what I was told they had a request to make a sub denied in the final seconds, which lead to the final Warners bay goal. Once the whistle was blown she met the ref in the middle of the park where her displeasure of the situation was expressed rather loudly.
We all get fired up in the heat of the moment understandably, just would be considering to see if anything happened considering the player suspension in the men's comp for basically the same thing

Goatscheese
09-05-2016, 11:27 PM
From what I was told they had a request to make a sub denied in the final seconds, which lead to the final Warners bay goal. Once the whistle was blown she met the ref in the middle of the park where her displeasure of the situation was expressed rather loudly.
We all get fired up in the heat of the moment understandably, just would be considering to see if anything happened considering the player suspension in the men's comp for basically the same thing

What's the deal with that? There is no mention in the regulations that you aren't allowed to do it. Unless I missed it somewhere.

Thomas477
10-05-2016, 10:45 PM
What's the deal with that? There is no mention in the regulations that you aren't allowed to do it. Unless I missed it somewhere.

Quite simple, all subs are at the referee's discretion, and they may not have allowed the sub due to the player not being at halfway ready to go, no team official with them etc.

Goatscheese
10-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Quite simple, all subs are at the referee's discretion, and they may not have allowed the sub due to the player not being at halfway ready to go, no team official with them etc.

Or that it was with less than 5 minutes to go. I've heard some refs try to use that excuse before.

Local Rules
11-05-2016, 06:55 AM

As it was First Grade all the referee had to do was allow the sub and add additional time taken for the substitution on to the additional time already played. People need to remember that additional time is added to cover injuries, substitutions and excessive time wasting and is solely at the discretion of the referee. Poor form if that was the case as a simple solution was available to the referee.

Nnswf
12-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Not trying to bang on here, but found the statement from nnswf regarding talking to match officials in an npl program.
'Players and match officials are reminded that nnswf has implemented a zero tolerance policy for anyone found guilty of abusing match officials. This includes all club officials both on and off the field. Loss of points may apply for infractions.

Nnswf also advises that under no circumstances should coaches, managers or club officials approach match officials at halftime or full time, on or off the field, to discuss events or incidents that have occurred during the match'

Goatscheese
15-05-2016, 08:43 PM
So what happened at Thornton Park today? A team that had only managed to beat the cellar dwellers and had even lost to South Wallsend managed to defeat the reigning champs?

Got a reason behind the shock loss late_to_the_game?

Nnswf
19-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Lots a whispers that Sophie jones isn't going to be the only one looking for a way out of Wallsend. Was always going to be hard fitting so many players into 11 spots

chocolate soldier
19-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Care to elaborate??

Nnswf
19-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Care to elaborate??

Well they have a squad over around 20. And they were all promised game time at the start of the year. But turns out you can only have 11 on the field at a time!

Goatscheese
19-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Lots a whispers that Sophie jones isn't going to be the only one looking for a way out of Wallsend. Was always going to be hard fitting so many players into 11 spots

I've heard a lot of the ex-jets players are disgruntled about the lack of game time and other unfilled promises from Hingston.

He may know that he will soon be losing players as he has offered a spot and free rego to Adamstown's 2015 top goal scorer when she returns to the country shortly. Wonder how much game time she has been promised as well.

chocolate soldier
20-05-2016, 05:52 AM
greed will catch up to you

chocolate soldier
13-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Looking like top 4 teams are pretty much well sorted going on form so far this season, just the final finishing order to be finalised with all spots up for grabs.
Can definitely see a difference in the top teams when they have players unavailable though

late_to_the_game
14-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Adamstown have to trip up (multiple times) to loose first. Don't think that is going to happen...

chocolate soldier
17-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Anyone else upset that the grand final is being held out at Weston?
Why is it that a mens NPL club, that is in the middle of no where, gets to hold the WPL Grand Final day?
Why couldnt they let a club in the WPL host the day?
Seems that NNSW once again are letting the NPL clubs be the beneficaries at the expense of the womens game. Surely a ground like The Gardens or Adamstown could host it. As they are in a central location and have a grandstand, this is a pretty ordinary decision from the federation

late_to_the_game
18-06-2016, 10:07 PM
You are surprised by this?

chocolate soldier
04-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Adamstown have to trip up (multiple times) to loose first. Don't think that is going to happen...

2 losses in a week for the buds.... still dont think its possible??

Nnswf
04-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Even one of the side that wasn't in the 'big 3' earlier on doing the job on the weekend.

Will still be hard for anyone to catch Adamstown, but makes it interesting going into the finals knowing anyone is capable of beating the other side on there day

Goatscheese
06-07-2016, 09:31 PM
You are surprised by this?

I'm surprised it isn't Magic Park, Northern usually like to give whatever they can to the club.

It is annoying that it is out at Weston, even less chance of getting people other than parents, players and family out to any of the games. Sometimes you have to wonder if Northern actually does give a shit despite their talk.

Goatscheese
06-07-2016, 09:31 PM
2 losses in a week for the buds.... still dont think its possible??

Yeah and look who they have left, the three bottom teams no way will they lose to Thornton, Mid North or Southy.

Goatscheese
20-07-2016, 08:41 PM
So it's near the end of the season with 2 games left. Pretty sure at the start I said the quality for 7 teams across the board wasn't there yet I was consistently told that I was wrong and it would be a tight contest.

1st Grade: Even 4th spot is 10 points ahead of 5th and 12 ahead of 7th with a massive 41 point difference between 1st and 7th. As I said only a 4 team game, Wallsend did as I predicted and fell away and I'll still say because of Hingston. I do recall people saying that the high number of players he has will see them be contenders. Well done to Adamstown though they got a good coach and had a stronger team this year than last not to mention very few injuries.

U18: This one is a bit closer with 6 teams actually still in with a chance to play finals but the 7th team is 13 points of 4th and 26 of 3rd. The U18 side is probably the strongest of the four comps.

U16: 5 teams in this one as I predicted it wasn't going to be all that strong. Anyone who knows the WPL could've predicited that Adamstown would be dominant and comfortably finish first but even still there is a 12 point difference between 2nd and 5th. A 25 point difference between 2nd and 6th and a 32 point difference between 2nd and 8th. 8th has one point and well off the mark and to be honest the team they drew against is the only reason why the top four is yet to be decided.

U14: 9 point difference between 4th and 5th, 30 point difference between 1st and 7th, 19 point difference between 2nd and 5th. Again just four strong teams even 4th is 8 points behind 3rd.

I don't point out how weak the competition is to bag it, I point it out to 1) brag a bit about how I was right and 2) show that the competition isn't as strong as some people on here claimed it to be and that even 7 teams is almost too much.

This silly idea that the competition should go back to 8 is ridiculous, there isn't the quality in any of the grades to warrant 8 teams nor is there the quality of players wanting to come into the comp to warrant an 8th team. Northern being the amateurs they are will probably allow Cooks Hill or New Lambton in simply to say they have 8 teams in their WPL comp regardless of how strong the competition is.

soccernut
20-07-2016, 10:51 PM
So it's near the end of the season with 2 games left. Pretty sure at the start I said the quality for 7 teams across the board wasn't there yet I was consistently told that I was wrong and it would be a tight contest.

1st Grade: Even 4th spot is 10 points ahead of 5th and 12 ahead of 7th with a massive 41 point difference between 1st and 7th. As I said only a 4 team game, Wallsend did as I predicted and fell away and I'll still say because of Hingston. I do recall people saying that the high number of players he has will see them be contenders. Well done to Adamstown though they got a good coach and had a stronger team this year than last not to mention very few injuries.

U18: This one is a bit closer with 6 teams actually still in with a chance to play finals but the 7th team is 13 points of 4th and 26 of 3rd. The U18 side is probably the strongest of the four comps.

U16: 5 teams in this one as I predicted it wasn't going to be all that strong. Anyone who knows the WPL could've predicited that Adamstown would be dominant and comfortably finish first but even still there is a 12 point difference between 2nd and 5th. A 25 point difference between 2nd and 6th and a 32 point difference between 2nd and 8th. 8th has one point and well off the mark and to be honest the team they drew against is the only reason why the top four is yet to be decided.

U14: 9 point difference between 4th and 5th, 30 point difference between 1st and 7th, 19 point difference between 2nd and 5th. Again just four strong teams even 4th is 8 points behind 3rd.

I don't point out how weak the competition is to bag it, I point it out to 1) brag a bit about how I was right and 2) show that the competition isn't as strong as some people on here claimed it to be and that even 7 teams is almost too much.

This silly idea that the competition should go back to 8 is ridiculous, there isn't the quality in any of the grades to warrant 8 teams nor is there the quality of players wanting to come into the comp to warrant an 8th team. Northern being the amateurs they are will probably allow Cooks Hill or New Lambton in simply to say they have 8 teams in their WPL comp regardless of how strong the competition is.

I agree there is not enough quality players around in every age grade to justify an 8 club comp, 7 teams is probably to much as it was a real struggle for some clubs to get enough players in some age groups. If NNSW Football add another club just to make it an 8 team comp it would be a big step backwards. There has been some improvement in the comp as there has not been as many score blowouts this year compared to last year and the overall standard of play is better than last year. If NNSW insisted on adding another club they should look at Nelson Bay. There is already enough clubs in the inner Newcastle area, it would be crazy to add another club from that area.

chocolate soldier
21-07-2016, 07:07 AM
with there already being a FMNC team in the comp, and NNSW potentially looking to add another, would it be too extreme to suggest getting a decent club from the central coast to participate in the comp?

Goatscheese
21-07-2016, 08:40 PM
with there already being a FMNC team in the comp, and NNSW potentially looking to add another, would it be too extreme to suggest getting a decent club from the central coast to participate in the comp?

Or have a Central Coast Football team rather than just a club, they get trashed in Sydney but would be more competitive here. Only issue is that Central Coast Football falls under NSWF not NNSWF

Goatscheese
21-07-2016, 08:42 PM
I agree there is not enough quality players around in every age grade to justify an 8 club comp, 7 teams is probably to much as it was a real struggle for some clubs to get enough players in some age groups. If NNSW Football add another club just to make it an 8 team comp it would be a big step backwards. There has been some improvement in the comp as there has not been as many score blowouts this year compared to last year and the overall standard of play is better than last year. If NNSW insisted on adding another club they should look at Nelson Bay. There is already enough clubs in the inner Newcastle area, it would be crazy to add another club from that area.

Nelson Bay may be alright they have had a strong girls program though a lot of these girls are currently playing in WPL teams.

soccernut
21-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Or have a Central Coast Football team rather than just a club, they get trashed in Sydney but would be more competitive here. Only issue is that Central Coast Football falls under NSWF not NNSWF

Central coast would be ok but they are in the NSW region. I would like to see Central coast come under NNSW but I doubt it will happen.

Nelson Bay would be my choice, they have the strongest junior teams outside WPL and are far enough away from the Newcastle teams.

Cessnock ? Cessnock were entering the proposed wzpl at one stage.

Musswellbrook ? Musswellbrook were also entering the proposed wzpl at one stage.

Tamworth ? long shot but they are in NNSW and have strong girls teams at state titles.

Offside trap
22-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Goatscheese I'm pretty sure 4th means you're in the finals? Maybe maths not one of your strong points? The finals are a new competition everyone on zero. What happens up until now doesn't mean anything.

Offside trap
22-07-2016, 08:18 AM
You're bragging about a guy who is about to take a men's club to the finals for the first time in 12 years not to mention the success he has had at many years coaching at Merewether. Womens football is growing in Newcastle and together the football community needs to support that. Jumping on here and bagging a coach is not going to allow that to happen. You've probably never coached in your life before champ! The only trophy you'll win this year is the one for biggest keyboard warrior.

Goatscheese
22-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Goatscheese I'm pretty sure 4th means you're in the finals? Maybe maths not one of your strong points? The finals are a new competition everyone on zero. What happens up until now doesn't mean anything.

Not sure what you are talking about here or where I said it was only the top 3 in finals. As for what happens up until now doesn't mean anything is incorrect, what happens up until now determines which four teams out of the 7 get to play in the finals, and that's just for starters.

Offside trap
22-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Not sure what you are talking about here or where I said it was only the top 3 in finals. As for what happens up until now doesn't mean anything is incorrect, what happens up until now determines which four teams out of the 7 get to play in the finals, and that's just for starters.

You've indicated that a club has fallen away yet they are one of the 4 in the finals. You've come out and made a ridiculous statement blaming a coach. What you've done is worse than a double footed studs up challenge on a keeper when the keeper already has the ball. Or when the Chinese women's swimming team bought home enough medals to sink a ship while they were on steroids.
Why don't you talk about the fact Southy aren't in the finals with ex Matilda's and jets.
Why don't you talk about poor old mid north coast not winning a game.
Why didn't you post about Wallsends big wins throughout the year???
I'll tell you why... You want your moment in the spotlight by attempting to bring other people down. It's disgraceful and football in Newcastle football has no place for it. I hope Wallsend use this as motivation against Adamstown in the finals. Get a hobby SuperCoach

Goatscheese
24-07-2016, 09:54 AM
You've indicated that a club has fallen away yet they are one of the 4 in the finals.

Marc, your team started off strong and then fell away doesn't matter where you have finished that is what happened.

You've come out and made a ridiculous statement blaming a coach.

Who do you want to blame? The players that left because they were over-promised game time they were never going to get? The players remaining that aren't happy?

Why didn't you post about Wallsends big wins throughout the year???

I could've also talked about some of their big losses too, but I didn't.

I hope Wallsend use this as motivation against Adamstown in the finals.

I hope they do Marc, I hope they do.

Offside trap
24-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Marc, your team started off strong and then fell away doesn't matter where you have finished that is what happened.

Who do you want to blame? The players that left because they were over-promised game time they were never going to get? The players remaining that aren't happy?

I could've also talked about some of their big losses too, but I didn't.

I hope they do Marc, I hope they do.

He's coached me before tiger. He's team won 6-0 yesterday they must be real upset!

Goatscheese
24-07-2016, 05:52 PM
He's coached me before tiger. He's team won 6-0 yesterday they must be real upset!

Wow they beat the second bottom team, that sure showed me they certainly must be the best team in the comp. We won't mention the fact that they have failed to beat the top 3 teams at all this year and recently lost to South Wallsend.

Offside trap
24-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Wow they beat the second bottom team, that sure showed me they certainly must be the best team in the comp. We won't mention the fact that they have failed to beat the top 3 teams at all this year and recently lost to South Wallsend.

Ok let's get one thing straight I'm a centre back you will not beat me in a sledge off! Never did I use the word best. What I said was an unhappy team doesn't win 6-0. That's a sign of a team that is happier than when they first discovered who Santa was and the miracle he delivers. Judging by your knowledge on the comp stats I'm assuming you're one of this soccer mums who knows everything about the game even tho you've never played. A cross between Guus Hidink and Hope Solo! I have a little knowledge on the women's game but mainly here to back a mate. Pull your head in

soccernut
29-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Well done Warners Bay, the only club to get all four teams into the semis.

Nnswf
29-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Caught the second half of the game last night. Really entertaining stuff from both sides that could of gone either way until a long range effort from Maddi Thornton sealed it for the bay. Surely a relation to the Thornton boys from Maitland in the npl?

After being fairly critical of Marc over the course of the year he had the girls playing fairly entertaining stuff last night as opposed to his park the bus mentality we've seen in the past. If they play that way and take there chances Adamstown vs Wallsend could be an entertaining matchup in the finals.
Good luck to all over the last the last round and heading into the finals. At the pointy end of it all now!

Goatscheese
29-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Ok let's get one thing straight I'm a centre back you will not beat me in a sledge off!

Alright Mr Centreback lol

That's a sign of a team that is happier than when they first discovered who Santa was and the miracle he delivers

We will ignore those players that have left then and the players that where complaining about promised game time not being delivered then.

A cross between Guus Hidink and Hope Solo!

I'm trying to work out how this is a bad thing.

Goatscheese
29-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Well done to Warners Bay getting all four teams in the finals, one more round to go but should be some good games to be played during the finals.

Any predictions for the two teams going to the grand final?

1st grade: Adamstown vs Warners Bay
18s: I'll wait for Sunday night because 3rd and 4th along with 1st and 2nd can still switch around
16s: Adamstown vs Mid North
14s: Mid North vs South Wallsend

Barry Dawson
29-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately, each year a WPL club drops away. Are all clubs a safe bet to return next year?

Has the reduced size of this year's competition produced a stronger competition?

chocolate soldier
30-07-2016, 12:35 PM
At the start of this season, there was a strong push for new lambton to join the comp. Wonder if they, plus cooks hill, will make a submission to enter next year.

Comp this year was fairly decent, some teams copped long term injuries and players moving away after the season had begun. If those unfortunate incidences had not of occured, the comp would have been quite competitive

late_to_the_game
30-07-2016, 09:53 PM
There were a lot of rumors, but no actual submission to nnsw....

late_to_the_game
30-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Well done Warners Bay, the only club to get all four teams into the semis.

I hope they read the rules well 6 weeks ago about finals player eligibility.

Offside trap
31-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Alright Mr Centreback lol

We will ignore those players that have left then and the players that where complaining about promised game time not being delivered then.

I'm trying to work out how this is a bad thing.

5 days to drum up a comeback and that's the best you have got!! Lol that's a bit embarrassing. I'll do you a deal, if Hingston's heroes beat the Rosegrubs next week you have to change your username to 'Showbag' as I think everyone on here agrees you're full of rubbish. If the battlers from Brunker road win I won't annoy you until 2222 when Hingston leads Iceland to a World Cup victory while you're still on here trying to come up with a half decent comeback from some 2016 banter. Wave the white flag! What a shambles!

connery
31-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately, each year a WPL club drops away. Are all clubs a safe bet to return next year?

Has the reduced size of this year's competition produced a stronger competition?

One would hope it stays the same , all the clubs this year look very stable and the competition has been the strongest it has for years , it looks like MNC struggled in 1st ,
Rumors flying around about that merewether, adamstown, wallsend and southy are too close and theirs no room for New Lambton or Cookers in the comp to take it to 8 teams , has the bye been good for the clubs or not ?

Goatscheese
31-07-2016, 02:24 PM
5 days to drum up a comeback and that's the best you have got!! Lol that's a bit embarrassing. I'll do you a deal, if Hingston's heroes beat the Rosegrubs next week you have to change your username to 'Showbag' as I think everyone on here agrees you're full of rubbish. If the battlers from Brunker road win I won't annoy you until 2222 when Hingston leads Iceland to a World Cup victory while you're still on here trying to come up with a half decent comeback from some 2016 banter. Wave the white flag! What a shambles!

You should spend some time coming up with a comeback instead of this pitiful excuse. I'll take your deal because there is no way in hell Wallsend will make it to the grand final.

Goatscheese
31-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I hope they read the rules well 6 weeks ago about finals player eligibility.

Warners Bay don't need to worry the rule doesn't apply if all grades are still participating in the finals series.

Goatscheese
31-07-2016, 02:26 PM
At the start of this season, there was a strong push for new lambton to join the comp. Wonder if they, plus cooks hill, will make a submission to enter next year.

Northern would be foolish to allow another team to enter at this stage, so it probably means we will have 8 teams in the comp next year.

connery
31-07-2016, 07:51 PM
You should spend some time coming up with a comeback instead of this pitiful excuse. I'll take your deal because there is no way in hell Wallsend will make it to the grand final.

I wouldnt even bother with goatcheese , a soccer mum from adamstown OT , she has a opinion on every subject and breaks down and analysis every comment when confronted , not one of her comments is constructive towards football, Sure does demoralizes this page , comon wallsend to silence the gloating cheese

Offside trap
31-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I wouldnt even bother with goatcheese , a soccer mum from adamstown OT , she has a opinion on every subject and breaks down and analysis every comment when confronted , not one of her comments is constructive towards football, Sure does demoralizes this page , comon wallsend to silence the gloating cheese

I just heard Hingston's heroes won 5-2 today against a top 4 team? Do we have a new favourite? I think there are plenty of people hoping to wake up the morning after the semi reading the headlines 'Devils put Buds through hell' throw the stats out the window! I wonder if Goatscheese will hold Hingston responsible for today's win. Surely not!

late_to_the_game
01-08-2016, 12:09 PM
One would hope it stays the same , all the clubs this year look very stable and the competition has been the strongest it has for years , it looks like MNC struggled in 1st ,
Rumors flying around about that merewether, adamstown, wallsend and southy are too close and theirs no room for New Lambton or Cookers in the comp to take it to 8 teams , has the bye been good for the clubs or not ?

The Bye has been a good thing. Gives a week off for 1st grade during season to recover a bit, and certainly the parents of the U14-U16 girls have seemed to plan their weekends away around the bye weekends.

late_to_the_game
01-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Warners Bay don't need to worry the rule doesn't apply if all grades are still participating in the finals series.

Well spotted. Just other clubs will have to be careful then, or if one or more of your teams loose in the semis. (Only applies to U14, U16 and U18)

In a division/league competition a player who has played in four (4) fixtures out of her last six (6) fixtures in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade (provided that she has not been named in the starting line up for a higher grade for that round) during the premiership competition is eligible to play in the respective 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade final series competition. Clubs may seek special dispensation no later than Wednesday before the final series fixture for a player who has participated in a minimum of 66% of her games in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade competition. The above rule is not applicable whilst all grades are still participating in the finals series.

late_to_the_game
01-08-2016, 11:33 PM

Personally i would like to see Nelson Bay, or Swansea or Morriset added as the next club in if it was to be expanded. All have a good junior base in girls football and geographically it makes sense...

soccernut
02-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Personally i would like to see Nelson Bay, or Swansea or Morriset added as the next club in if it was to be expanded. All have a good junior base in girls football and geographically it makes sense...

Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.

Swansea only have girls teams in C grade and their highest all age women's team plays E grade. We played them in trials last year when they were stronger and we were weaker and all the games were cricket scores. Our first grade team who finished last in WPL last year, won 25 nil and the junior games were cut short because the scores just blew out. One of the Swansea teams won the A grade comp the year before and they thought they would give us a run for our money, we reached double figures before halftime and called the game off ten minutes into the second half.

Nelson Bay at least have u14's and under 16's in B grade but no u18's. Their all age women play A grade but are dead last. They have the strongest female teams from the three clubs that you have suggested and would be my choice to come in if NNSW decided to expand. Personally I think the comp should stay as it is as there is not enough depth to warrant including another club in the comp.

late_to_the_game
02-08-2016, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=soccernut;159269]Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.
QUOTE]

Sorry meant the Wildcats.

I agree to keep as is, but if it was expanded, then Nelson Bay or West Lake Macquarie geographically would make the most sense.

soccernut
02-08-2016, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=soccernut;159269]Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.
QUOTE]

Sorry meant the Wildcats.

I agree to keep as is, but if it was expanded, then Nelson Bay or West Lake Macquarie geographically would make the most sense.

Wildcats don't have any junior girls teams and their all age women E grade team are dead last. There just isn't the numbers or quality players around to warrant adding another club into the WPL but if NNSW wanted to expand I agree Nelson Bay would be the best choice.

Macca
04-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Wildcats don't have any junior girls teams and their all age women E grade team are dead last. There just isn't the numbers or quality players around to warrant adding another club into the WPL but if NNSW wanted to expand I agree Nelson Bay would be the best choice.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Westlakes have a 16s or thereabouts team (they did last year anyhow), and two All Age teams, both of which are in finals as far as I know.

chocolate soldier
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I believe Westlakes have a 16s or thereabouts team (they did last year anyhow), and two All Age teams, both of which are in finals as far as I know.

coming 4th in C grade and 1st in H grade will unfortunately not cut it in the WPL

oneeye
04-08-2016, 04:49 PM
coming 4th in C grade and 1st in H grade will unfortunately not cut it in the WPL
What about Mayfield ? Minor Premiers in A & B Grade

Macca
05-08-2016, 09:33 AM

Wasn't saying it would mate. I don't claim to have any knowledge of the standard of the WPL or even really the girls teams at Westlakes. Was just responding to an incorrect statement.

leftrightout
05-08-2016, 01:01 PM
What about Mayfield ? Minor Premiers in A & B Grade

This seems the most obvious, they also have a good group of people committed to promoting and supporting womens football.

connery
05-08-2016, 02:39 PM
This seems the most obvious, they also have a good group of people committed to promoting and supporting womens football.

Agree , 1st grade need to be competitive , is Col Blanch still coaching , he has wpl experience , the cookers would need to be closely looked at as well , nelson bay would not attract 1st players , they have the youth but its not enough to compete in all grades without qualified coaches

Barry Dawson
05-08-2016, 04:13 PM
What is the criteria everyone is using when identifying suggested clubs who might suit WPL?

There are 2 clubs in the city - Cookers and New Lambton - who have more females playing in the combined clubs than all of Lake Macquarie clubs combined - yet neither are in the WPL?

Surely, either or both would be a more sustainable option some of the suggested or current clubs?

late_to_the_game
05-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Pretty sure no junior teams.

Just ask Wallsend how much work they have had to put into their u14s and u16s.

The seniors you could get if you threw money at it. Not very sustainable though.

late_to_the_game
05-08-2016, 11:25 PM
The point about the geographical positioning of clubs is that the WPL for NNSW is part of the elite pathway for girls. There are girls travelling from the bay to play, but it would be good if more girls from that area did not have to travel as far to compete.

The Cooks Hill and New Lambton girls can play for 5 different clubs without much travel.

The main issue (unlike the boys NPL) Is that a lot of girls dont want (or are not encouraged) to play at the highest level they can.
I have even heard of one girl (the star player) being told that if she left the team, it would fold.....so she did not try out for a WPL junior team.

The quality girls are out there, but until we get them mosty into the WPL, the competition is not all it could be.

The best example of letting players go, for Merewether, is last years U14 WPL goal keeper Suzanna, who played this year with the Jets and has recently been to a selection camp for the U17 Matildas.
What would she have missed out on if we had not pushed her forward, and out of the club....

I understand that Thornton U14s pushed a lot of girls into the Jets last year as well. It hurt them this year, if results are what is important to you.

Offside trap
09-08-2016, 07:46 AM

Hey ahh Showbag, caught the Wallsend vs Atown game on the weekend after my game was washed out plus I wanted to support the Devils. A couple of points:

1. Wallsend did not show any signs of unhappiness. Especially when the full time whistle went and they were in front on the scoreboard.

2. Do you blame the coach for them playing a high standard of football.

3. Maybe Wallsend can get to the GF

4. Maybe you don't know everything

5. Finals are a new competition

6. Don't make up stories because you end up looking silly.

7. Go the Devils!!! 👍🏼

soccernut
09-08-2016, 01:14 PM

Yes sorry your correct they have two all age women teams, C and H grade, the E grade team is a men's team. They have no junior girls teams and there is no way they would be able to get 4 teams to compete in the WPL.

soccernut
09-08-2016, 01:24 PM
What is the criteria everyone is using when identifying suggested clubs who might suit WPL?

There are 2 clubs in the city - Cookers and New Lambton - who have more females playing in the combined clubs than all of Lake Macquarie clubs combined - yet neither are in the WPL?

Surely, either or both would be a more sustainable option some of the suggested or current clubs?

Granted New Lambton and Cooks Hill have a lot of girls teams but they also have four existing WPL clubs in Newcastle where they can go and play if they are good enough. Warners Bay have 260 registered female players, which is more than any of the existing WPL clubs.

connery
09-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey ahh Showbag, caught the Wallsend vs Atown game on the weekend after my game was washed out plus I wanted to support the Devils. A couple of points:

1. Wallsend did not show any signs of unhappiness. Especially when the full time whistle went and they were in front on the scoreboard.

2. Do you blame the coach for them playing a high standard of football.

3. Maybe Wallsend can get to the GF

4. Maybe you don't know everything

5. Finals are a new competition

6. Don't make up stories because you end up looking silly.

7. Go the Devils!!! 👍🏼

Wallsend out played adamstown and everyone witnessed the quality , it was a quality game , sitting in the stands not far from both bench , it was appauling to watch the language from both adamstown coaches , the abuse towards the referee should have been noted and both sent from the field , I doubt they would have abused the ref if it was a male , Not Good For the Womens Game , when their plan of kick it to rhali didnt work, it really showed their inability to coach , its not the adamstown way and the club should tell the pair to pull their heads in

chocolate soldier
10-08-2016, 05:54 AM
agreed that the assistant was quite vocal for adamstown, but the coach didnt really say much. sitting in the stands behind the dugouts, i heard more concerning comments from the wallsend coach asking his players consistantly to give away cheap fouls on the adamstown players to slow the game down. surely this shouldnt be encouraged in the game

connery
10-08-2016, 07:13 AM
agreed that the assistant was quite vocal for adamstown, but the coach didnt really say much. sitting in the stands behind the dugouts, i heard more concerning comments from the wallsend coach asking his players consistantly to give away cheap fouls on the adamstown players to slow the game down. surely this shouldnt be encouraged in the game

I must have sat beside you , a lot of young kids and families in the stand , vocal is a understatment , disgraceful is more fitting , not even close in comparison between both coaches , I didnt hear the wallsend coach , but watching the game their where more fouls by adamstown , slowing the game down with cheap fouls (if that was the case) is used by ever competition team , watching the A league their must be at least 20 cheap fouls a game , and probably twice as many in the local npl

Offside trap
10-08-2016, 07:26 AM
I must have sat beside you , a lot of young kids and families in the stand , vocal is a understatment , disgraceful is more fitting , not even close in comparison between both coaches , I didnt hear the wallsend coach , but watching the game their where more fouls by adamstown , slowing the game down with cheap fouls (if that was the case) is used by ever competition team , watching the A league their must be at least 20 cheap fouls a game , and probably twice as many in the local npl

Chocolate soldier you must be related to Goatscheese. I sat behind the Wallsend bench where there was nothing but encouragement, not one word to the ref. There was a moment in the second half where Wallsend had to make a tactical foul. That's football it's 2016 everyone does it! Both the Adanstown coaches were guilty of foul language. If it was a men's Comp there would be fines and suspensions.

chocolate soldier
10-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Hahahaha whatever champ

connery
10-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Hahahaha whatever champ

Tipping Wallsend to come last in 1st and 18s ( as a few others did as well ) makes yours and others opinions personal not professional, and somewhat invalid
Just read adamstowns match report , does reflex his attitude on the sideline , im sure the club and supporters wouldnt be happy with the representation he is giving

chocolate soldier
10-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Goatscheese and soccernut predicted them to come last, not myself
Seems you have a bit of an axe to grind / personal mission against the adamstown coaching staff and club....
Either way, i would say the forum comments wouldnt mean anything

chocolate soldier
10-08-2016, 10:35 AM
What was the score last night in the rescheduled semi?
Good game?

late_to_the_game
10-08-2016, 12:55 PM
What was the score last night in the rescheduled semi?
Good game?

Cracking game, 1-1. Good crowd, stand mostly full. Thanks to Adamstown Seniors for hosting it for us.

WB probably had the better chances, very dangerous on the break and at set pieces. They scored off a corner.
Thought Merewether controlled the game for all but 20 minutes. (But i might be just a little biased...)

Leon up to his usual tricks attempting to coach the ref.

Saturday is going to be a doozy.

Offside trap
10-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Seems you have a bit of an axe to grind / personal mission against the adamstown coaching staff and club....

Pretty sure everyone's against the Rosegrubs after the weekend! All aboard the Devils Bandwagon!!

connery
10-08-2016, 02:34 PM

True miss read on my behalf , it was the cheese etc , apologies given where due , nothing personal against the buds ,great club , just the pair of wallies on the side line

soccernut
10-08-2016, 05:03 PM

Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions, I thought it might cause internal problems that would bring the team down but it hasn't. Strat,Mark and the girls have done well and thoroughly deserve to be playing for honours.

Good luck to all the teams playing on the weekend.

connery
10-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions, I thought it might cause internal problems that would bring the team down but it hasn't. Strat,Mark and the girls have done well and thoroughly deserve to be playing for honours.

Not sure on the structure but yes good luck to all the teams , looking closely at the semis all the clubs are well represented , a 8th side would probably disrupt the league at this stage
Teams in semis
Warners bay 4
Adamstown 3
Merewether 1
Wallsend 2
Southy 2
Thornton 2
MNC 2

Not bad from all the clubs

connery
10-08-2016, 06:50 PM

Not sure on the structure but yes good luck to all the teams , looking closely at the semis all the clubs are well represented , a 8th side would probably disrupt the league at this stage
Teams in semis
Warners bay 4
Adamstown 3
Merewether 1
Wallsend 2
Southy 2
Thornton 2
MNC 2

Not bad from all the clubs

late_to_the_game
20-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Where did everyone go? Especially those baging Marc.....

late_to_the_game
20-08-2016, 07:54 PM
With (i think) the top 4 u14 teams competing in the nnsw state titles on the 24th sept, after the 12th Sept (date trials can start), how are those clubs going to handle the trial process?
You could end up with girls going to states that dont have a place for next season?
Not a problem we have to deal with :blush:

late_to_the_game
20-08-2016, 08:02 PM
In a division/league competition a player who has played in four (4) fixtures out of her last six (6) fixtures in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade (provided that she has not been named in the starting line up for a higher grade for that round) during the premiership competition is eligible to play in the respective 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade final series competition. Clubs may seek special dispensation no later than Wednesday before the final series fixture for a player who has participated in a minimum of 66% of her games in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade competition. The above rule is not applicable whilst all grades are still participating in the finals series.

So if you put one of your first graders on the 18s team sheet for the last 4 games, but she does not step on the field, (or does 2 minutes) and then is named as a substitute for 1st grade for those games, she would be elligible to play the finals?

If you know your 1st grade is not a chance, room to work the system?

late_to_the_game
21-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Congrats to WB, they dont always play the best football, but they get the job done. (1-0).

Wallsend had a penalty saved in the first half that would have changed the game.
Wallsend with a player sent off in the second half for second yellow.

The referreeing was not great, mostly due to inconsistent decisions. Briony (wallsend striker) will have to ice both ankles and calves. She was on the end of a lot of dubious challenges.

Thornton 18s with their best win of the season 8-1.

Adamstown 16s got the win they looked like getting all season, southy upset FMNC in the 14s.

Crowd pretty good, but down on last year at Magic park.

Goatscheese
21-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Congrats to WB, they dont always play the best football, but they get the job done. (1-0).

Wallsend had a penalty saved in the first half that would have changed the game.
Wallsend with a player sent off in the second half for second yellow.

The referreeing was not great, mostly due to inconsistent decisions. Briony (wallsend striker) will have to ice both ankles and calves. She was on the end of a lot of dubious challenges.

Thornton 18s with their best win of the season 8-1.

Adamstown 16s got the win they looked like getting all season, southy upset FMNC in the 14s.

Crowd pretty good, but down on last year at Magic park.

Yes well done to Leon and his team good result from them.

No surprise the crowds were down, it is what happens when you move the grand final away from town. Not many people are going to drive all the way to Weston to watch the game(s) unless they have to.

Goatscheese
21-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions.

^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

With (i think) the top 4 u14 teams competing in the nnsw state titles on the 24th sept, after the 12th Sept (date trials can start), how are those clubs going to handle the trial process?
You could end up with girls going to states that dont have a place for next season?
Not a problem we have to deal with :blush:

Adamstown have already announced their trail dates and they are before the state titles will be interesting how they handle that.

So if you put one of your first graders on the 18s team sheet for the last 4 games, but she does not step on the field, (or does 2 minutes) and then is named as a substitute for 1st grade for those games, she would be elligible to play the finals?

If you know your 1st grade is not a chance, room to work the system?

That's exactly how you could work the system, would be a bit unfair on the U18 players but I guess it depends on the values and aims of the club. There was some talk amongst the spectators on the weekend that Thornton had done just that.

soccernut
22-08-2016, 12:18 AM
^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

Adamstown have already announced their trail dates and they are before the state titles will be interesting how they handle that.

That's exactly how you could work the system, would be a bit unfair on the U18 players but I guess it depends on the values and aims of the club.

I fail to see how my notion is personal. I think Mark did a good job and any coach that has ever had a large squad that all want to be playing in the first 11 will tell you that it can be a battle keeping everyone happy and when you have unhappy campers the unhappiness can spread through the squad. Well done Mark & Wallsend on making it all the way to the Grand final.

Goatscheese
22-08-2016, 08:36 PM
I fail to see how my notion is personal. I think Mark did a good job and any coach that has ever had a large squad that all want to be playing in the first 11 will tell you that it can be a battle keeping everyone happy and when you have unhappy campers the unhappiness can spread through the squad. Well done Mark & Wallsend on making it all the way to the Grand final.

I didn't say it was, it appeared that some fly-in thought it was from their posts.

late_to_the_game
22-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Where have Adamstown announced their trials - was not on their web site when I looked today.
Found it!

Trials for Adamstown Rosebud JFC's Women's Premier League Teams will be conducted on the following dates; 18/9/16, 21/9/16 and 24/9/16.

These trials are conditional on ARJFC being accepted in to the NNSW Football Herald Women's Premier League Competition for the 2017 season.

All trials will be held at Adamstown Number 1 Oval and are Open Trials for 14 Girls, 16 Girls, 18's Women and First Grade Women.

Please note the following:

Prospective players are asked to register by emailing budswpl@hotmail.com by the 16/9/16. Players that have not played for Adamstown WPL previously need to include a brief footballing resume' when they register

Goatscheese
22-08-2016, 09:08 PM
When's the Merewether trails, late?

Thorton have also announced theirs, looks like they are waiting till after the school holidays

2017 Herald WPL Trial Dates

All Grades: U14, U16, U18 & 1st Grade

(Thornton Juniors Grounds)

Dates: Sunday 16th October – 10am – 12 noon

Tuesday 18th October – 6pm – 7.30pm

Sunday 23rd October – 10am – 12 noon

Tuesday 25th October 6pm – 7.30pm

If you would like more information on these trials or the WPL please do not hesitate to contact

Head Coach:

Alan Primmer – 0428672944 or alanp@aje.com.au

Assistant 1st Grade Coach:

David Redding – 0408688522 or trublu@netspace.net.au

Director Womens Football:

Michael Hurn – 0412987263 or michael.hurn@bigpond.com

late_to_the_game
22-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Was actually waiting to see when Adamstown's were so that we don't clash.
Dates should be out this week. Most likely 20th and 22nd Sept.

late_to_the_game
23-08-2016, 03:18 PM
NNSW Season Review Meeting coming up next Monday night.

If you have anything you want discussed - talk to your club rep, or post on here and I will probably ask on your behalf ;-)

Offside trap
23-08-2016, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=Goatscheese;160895]^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

Still going about players unhappy even after you tried to convince everyone Wallsend were 'no hope in hell of making the Grand Final'. After sitting there watching the Devils Give Atown a footballing lesson. Or as 'the great Adamstown coach' would describe it....a 36.5 out of 10, then watching them sing their victory song I'm still not sure where the sadness comes in! There's one of two things happening here.. Either you are the the head of The WPL helpline where all players unhappy can contact you and talk about how disappointed they are with their Coach or most likely scenario is once again you're talking rubbish. Unhappy teams don't win. Maybe it's the effects of Mad Monday or maybe you're just insane but Jesus have a bit of respect for a team and coach who finished like Usain Bolt!

Goatscheese
25-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Unhappy teams don't win.

Is that why Wallsend didn't win? Kinda proves me right then.

a team and coach who finished like Usain Bolt!

I don't recall Bolt spluttering at the end and coming second.

Goatscheese
25-08-2016, 08:44 PM
NNSW Season Review Meeting coming up next Monday night.

If you have anything you want discussed - talk to your club rep, or post on here and I will probably ask on your behalf ;-)

What are their intentions regarding teams for next year?

late_to_the_game
25-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Nothing has been said, I assume they would have to call for expressions of interest if they were going to add any.

With what is going on in NPL land keeping them busy, i don't expect any changes.

It was a good year for the competition, I think most people would like to build on that without any changes.

Goatscheese
25-08-2016, 09:18 PM
100% agree, was hoping you could confirm for us.

late_to_the_game
25-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Will know for sure Monday night!

Paging captain obvious....

connery
26-08-2016, 03:41 AM
Is that why Wallsend didn't win? Kinda proves me right then.

I don't recall Bolt spluttering at the end and coming second.

Kinda proves you are a disgruntled mum that at one stage your daughter was benched and you cant get over it , Serouisly you lost a bet and your name is Showbags , or you are not a person of your word
Of course out of shame you where not at the GF it was a good game of football , Wallsend did play a good game and showing such disrepect does highlight your poor character , it was a good day for WPL. For both clubs to make a GF after 2 yrs has only strengthen the competition is this not a good thing
You probably have to look at our own club and the behind the scene turmoil that has happened in your administration this year , im sure other clubs are not judging and pointing as you do.
The fact that only 1 player left on good terms to go back and play with her friend isnt that bad considering some clubs lost 2-3 players throughout the year,
You need to focus on football and football issues not on individuals, take a look at late to the games his/hers posts are football related - just a thought on improving your game as

Goatscheese
26-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Of course out of shame you where not at the GF it was a good game of football

No I missed it, too busy celebrating one of the earlier wins.

connery
26-08-2016, 04:30 PM
No I missed it, too busy celebrating one of the earlier wins.

Nice , not suprised on your support of the WPL

chocolate soldier
26-08-2016, 06:12 PM
A change in age grades.... why, why, why???

late_to_the_game
26-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Cant work out what the age grades discussion will be. Cant add U12 as will clash with SAP.
Dont want to drop any grades.
Maybe change U18 to U20, or add U20?

Who knows.

soccernut
26-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Cant work out what the age grades discussion will be. Cant add U12 as will clash with SAP.

Who knows.

Maybe NNSW are looking at adopting the NSW model

u13,u15,u17, reserve grade and first grade.

chocolate soldier
26-08-2016, 10:57 PM
I dont know if clubs could support an extra team... what would everyone elses thoughts be on having a 5th age bracket?

late_to_the_game
27-08-2016, 06:48 AM
My main issue with all of this is why we don't have these discussions in June or July.

Club have already planned trials, coaches etc.

It is like the problem in the NPL where clubs are trying to recruit coaches for next year, but they don't know what competition they will be in....

late_to_the_game
27-08-2016, 06:50 AM
ACT WPL have 1sts, U20 and U18

Did not realize qld had done this: http://www.cornerflag.com.au/federation-closes-door-on-senior-footballers/

Goatscheese
27-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Who knows.

They may want to again push to drop the U14 side like they pushed for last year, though thankfully all clubs voted against it. Not that you should be dropping U14 it's the feeder side and you want to start moulding them into WPL players you lose a couple years there starting them at 15-16. Glad you're already saying no, that stops them dropping a grade already

You can't add a 5th grade there just isn't the depth in Newcastle to ensure the quality remains and strengthens. Same reason why you can't bring in an 8th team in the Newcastle area, there just aren't the girls at the same level especially in the junior grades.

My main issue with all of this is why we don't have these discussions in June or July.

Club have already planned trials, coaches etc.

It is like the problem in the NPL where clubs are trying to recruit coaches for next year, but they don't know what competition they will be in....

You expect Northern to be organised? It's amateur hour over there most of the time, there was that whole debacle over the regulations early 2015 after teams had started pre-season training they were still discussing and looking at changing regulations. As you say this should all be done in June-July so clubs know what is in store for them not this waiting around business with plans in place and now not sure exactly what will happen.

chocolate soldier
30-08-2016, 05:59 AM
if one club only registered 54 out of the 64 allowed, then that isnt something that everyone else needs to pay the price for.

can't someone go down there and knock sense into these peoples heads, we are not a capital city and do not have the abundance in numbers to cater for the 13,15,17,res and 1st grade.

agree that another inner city team will water things down a bit, but it seems there is an agenda for this, and someone is pushing this over the line.

cannot see the subs rule in first grade working to be honest. clubs can register up to 16 per team to have some depth for sickness, injuries etc. glad to see the federation wants to make up to 2 girls miss out on playing each week and severely hamper any chance of letting some 18's get a bit of 1st grade experience FFS

late_to_the_game
30-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Proposal was only 3 grades U15, U17 and 1st Grade.

Bremsstrahlung
30-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Ignore my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the age groups currently?

And what does macquarie/NPS/HV currently do in terms of syl for the girls?

connery
30-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Proposal was only 3 grades U15, U17 and 1st Grade.

So to get this right , drop a grade and bring another club in , dont make sense if all clubs are happy with current set up and ages , 1st ,20s ,17s ,15s sounds feasible , can still have 14s and below in clubs as development, Newfm have 11 teams and a bye why change if its working , unless this inner city club can bring 4 competitive teams in , very unlikely without weakening other clubs if some clubs can only register 54 players

late_to_the_game
30-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Ignore my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the age groups currently?

And what does macquarie/NPS/HV currently do in terms of syl for the girls?
U14, U16, U18 (with 5 over age) and First

SAP up to U12's at NF/Macq/HFV

late_to_the_game
30-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Merewether Womens Premier League Trials for 2017 - Myamblah Oval

U14 and U16 trials will be on Tuesday 20th of September and Thursday 22nd.

U14 will be at 5pm for an hour, U16 will be at 6pm for an hour.

If you are not a current Merewether WPL player, you will need to register by email to: wpl@mufc.asn.au

Please include your age and your playing history for the last three years, plus your preferred position - if you have one(s).

U18 and 1st grade trials will be notified shortly.

See club web site for more details. www.mufc.asn.au

Barry Dawson
01-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Excuse my ignorance - but can I assume from reading previous posts that "guess who" in point 3 - refers to New Lambton?
If they have as they claim (in excess of 300 female players) wouldn't this mean they have more female players than most other clubs and more than many clubs combined? If so, why wouldn't NNSW want them in the comp? They must be doing something right.
While I understand existing WPL clubs wanting the Comp to remain as is - with New Lambtons claimed numbers, are these clubs gaining advantage by not having the New Lambton the comp? Ie. Benefiting from registering New Lambton developed players every year?
Isn't this position of WPL clubs self serving?

late_to_the_game
01-09-2016, 08:03 PM
My understanding is that there are not many ex New Lambton players in the WPL - they tend to hang onto them tightly. (I could be wrong on how many!)

The issue is not so much about the juniors, but about 1st grade.

Where are the players going to come from? New Lambton don't have them. (If they were winning A grade in All age Women's they would have a stronger case - they have C and K grade)
They will be able to buy a team, no problem, they have the resources - but long term it is not sustainable.
They will be pulling them from existing WPL clubs.
The competition in 1st grade was the strongest it has ever been this year, with most of the teams quite close.

I would like to see Warners Bay play the Emerging Jets U17's team that has been playing in Sydney for a comparison.

Personally I think they will be and need to be in the competition, but not next year.

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Do you think the league is doing enough in creating awareness of the WPL?
In terms of, will junior girls coming through, see this as a stepping stone, or do some not know about it?
Do clubs go to nearby club teams to scout/invite to train/inform them about the league?

I'm just thinking, from my own perspective, I didn't really have a grasp or understanding of "elite" competitions until I was 15 and basically told that I could get trials with 2-3 clubs if I was interested (I'd missed out on SYL selection and kind of conceded that that was it, my parents weren't privvy to the options available). And I went on to hold my own quite comfortably through the grades against players that had been in the SYL setup.
I guess I'm intrigued as to whether 12,13,14,15 year old girls are aware of this competition and understanding how attainable it is. Like any competition there are players capable probably playing at a much lower level (ID comps) than they could be.