PDA

View Full Version : The Daily International News Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

lquiquer
14-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Rumours are that a full spot will go to Oceania, the half spots would go to AFC & CONCACAF

Our friends from NZ cheering.......

belchardo
14-01-2017, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't mind afc and oceania using this opportunity to merge. Oceania with a guaranteed spot would be ridiculous.

MFKS
14-01-2017, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind afc and oceania using this opportunity to merge. Oceania with a guaranteed spot would be ridiculous.

If we going to go down that road might as well split the confederation

Keep the Petrol states playing one another.

Asia Pacific for the rest

lquiquer
14-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Always thought that would make sense.... Burma, Bhutan, china, Mongolia in our conf, India, Nepal , Bangladesh, with the other mob... (just to define the border)

furns
14-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Rumours persist that AFC & Oceania will merge, then split into East & West which would still give us decent teams to play against even if we are back with the other Oceania nations

parksey
15-01-2017, 01:43 AM
The fact that this could guarantee NZ a world cup spot is the biggest travesty.

MFKS
15-01-2017, 03:09 PM
The fact that this could guarantee NZ a world cup spot is the biggest travesty.
Didn't Fiji go to the Olympics in Rio??

Didn't Tahiti go to the Confederations Cup in Brazil??

It ain't like the Kiwis are dominating Oceania is it.

Jetmaster
15-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Well Sir China can not get 2026 and 2030 will go to South America. So China first hope is 2034.

Why not - Euro, South America, third world cycle is about to be broken up by this.

It will go to the country with the most cash and that will be China then USA or vice versa.

lquiquer
15-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Why not - Euro, South America, third world cycle is about to be broken up by this.

It will go to the country with the most cash and that will be China then USA or vice versa.

FIFA announced a couple of months ago that Europe and Asia cannot bid for 2026...... South America very keen for 100 years of WC (2030), so I would think USA26, Argentina/Uruguay/Chile30, maybe China34 (but Europe will want it)

plague
15-01-2017, 04:49 PM
FIFA announced a couple of months ago that Europe and Asia cannot bid for 2026......

Wait? You talking about FIFA here right?

Oh I'm sure they'll stick to their word.

lquiquer
15-01-2017, 05:06 PM

They will this time because USandA wants it

MFKS
15-01-2017, 06:09 PM
They will this time because USandA wants it

They **** every WC up to suit Europe.

They had a bloodbath TV ratings for 2002

Don't matter that the sponsors $$ from Asia and the numbers in this timezone being superior

The poor European have to have a WC in their prime time

It remains to be seen if that changes

Jetmaster
16-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanks Member....that is what I was alluding. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

lquiquer
16-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks Member....that is what I was alluding. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

I've seen it all now......Plague = Member

lquiquer
16-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Anyway that's where I put my money
2026 USA
2030 Argentina /Uruguay
2034 England
2038 China
2042 Africa (don't know where)
2046 Spain
2050 i'll prob be dead

plague
16-01-2017, 11:21 PM
I've seen it all now......Plague = Member

Geez I've been feeling a bit ill lately but didn't realise I was THAT crook.

pv4
17-01-2017, 08:48 AM
This will not increase the quality of the tournament

In the long term, I fail to see how there is any accuracy in this statement.

Jetmaster
17-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Geez I've been feeling a bit ill lately but didn't realise I was THAT crook.

Haha - apologies, must never post on the phone when I don't have my glasses!

pv4
17-01-2017, 08:53 AM

I've always said that the AFC should be split into 3 subsections - West Asia, East Asia, Oceania (with Oceania's half or in future full spot being brought into AFC). Each subsection has their own internal playoffs or whatnot, and the best 2 from Oceania (Australia would be back in Oceania), best 5 (?) from West Asia & best 5 (?) from East Asia heading into the 2 group system like we currently have, with the top 2 from each group qualifying and the 3rds playoff and the winner qualifies (this was under the assumption we could use Oceania's half spot). It's always made so much sense to me.

pv4
17-01-2017, 08:54 AM
2042 Africa (don't know where)

I can't see Africa ever hosting again unless it's a joint bid.

plague
18-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Seriously.
That new Juve logo.
I hate football.

StannyCFCJET
18-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Seriously.
That new Juve logo.
I hate football.

I thought it was a troll and their facebook had been hacked at first, then found out it was real. Feel sorry for the Juve fans more then anything

pv4
18-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Seriously.
That new Juve logo.
I hate football.

They've actually relinquished all rights to the "Old Lady" nickname. Like, citizens arrest on that bitch.

It is horrendous and it makes me sick.

And yes, I realise the hypocrisy/irony involved.. all this coming from a fan of the most franchised modern football league in the world in the A-League :rof::oops:

belchardo
18-01-2017, 11:22 AM
makes me think of a spooning couple.

plague
18-01-2017, 11:31 AM
I mean all the traditional arguments aside what does it actually achieve changing the crest?
Is there any correlation between doing this stuff and an increase in merchandising revenue?

I know there's that tired old marketing scam where you mess with something traditional on purpose whilst planning to bring back the original later (hey Coke, 'sup Barbque shapes) and if that's the case then it's even sadder.

De-Champ
18-01-2017, 03:05 PM
I quite like it. Brings the the club into the modern era. Whys should'nt you change your logo every now and then. Just about every logo of every organisation has changed over the years. Just keep up with the times

plague
18-01-2017, 06:12 PM
I quite like it. Brings the the club into the modern era. Whys should'nt you change your logo every now and then. Just about every logo of every organisation has changed over the years. Just keep up with the times

Yeah but why?
That's my question.
What benefit does it bring other than a few people going "yeah" or "nah".
I'm genuinely intrigued if there is any real value in it.

Frodo
18-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Yeah but why?
That's my question.
What benefit does it bring other than a few people going "yeah" or "nah".
I'm genuinely intrigued if there is any real value in it.

If people are talking about it then it has worked as a marketing tool. Simple.

Everyone will be fine with it in 2 months.

turbo
28-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Greetings from England, haven't been on here in years!

I mean all the traditional arguments aside what does it actually achieve changing the crest?

Creates a shitload of work for tattoo artists. Here anyway. Apart from that it just pisses people off.

I love it. Even the biggest clubs I'm the world can make dumb moves too. 😁

StannyCFCJET
01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/cadbury-chocolate-to-sponsor-english-premier-league-football.html

Dear god this is actually legit. What the **** has happened to football

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-02-2017, 03:55 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/cadbury-chocolate-to-sponsor-english-premier-league-football.html

Dear god this is actually legit. What the **** has happened to football

A multinational corporation sponsoring a sporting competition? Unheard of.

StannyCFCJET
01-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah but being called the Cadbury Premier League is just weird

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-02-2017, 04:03 PM

What is the difference between that or 'Barclay's' or 'Carling' or 'Barclaycard'?

Bon
01-02-2017, 04:09 PM
What is the difference between that or 'Barclay's' or 'Carling' or 'Barclaycard'?

Yeah I don't see anything different or wrong with it..

hawk
03-02-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah I don't see anything different or wrong with it..

Spesh when its the best choccy in the world. Can stick ya Euro stuff, fking whitmans was the worst

De-Champ
03-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Spesh when its the best choccy in the world. Can stick ya Euro stuff, fking whitmans was the worst

Don't know about that. Plenty of better choccy around

Jetmaster
03-03-2017, 12:56 PM
New rules possible...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39147110

plague
10-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Xavi Alonso retiring.
Man I love watching that guy play football.
Liverpool cocked it all up letting him go and keeping Gerrard.

Jeterpool
10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Xavi Alonso retiring.
Man I love watching that guy play football.
Liverpool cocked it all up letting him go and keeping Gerrard.

Xabi was pissed because the season previous to the one he was sold, he had a bad year and the club tried to sell him to fund a move for Gareth Barry. At the time, it was generally seen as a good deal.

Then he becomes an integral part of the squad the following year, Liverpool fans and Rafa say "Gareth who" and he then goes to Real Madrid.

GazFish35
11-03-2017, 03:28 PM

Nah, Cadbury are already deverloping club specific flavours.

The Arsenal Fruit and nut bar tastes great for most of the season, but one week a year it causes unexpected choking.
The Spurs top deck, only actually has one layer and it's never the top one.
West ham claret and blue bar makes you burp bubbles and tastes like shit if you move house.
Liverpools chocolate promises great flavour, but is soft centred and is disappointingly bland.
Chelsea's bar was bitter and expensive, but they changed the wrapper and now everyone seems to love it.
The Man United bar has nostalgic hints of red wine that seem to hinder any other flavours having a real impact.

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Has anybody looked at the details regarding new rules for 2016-17 EPL season and the FIFA law changes?
I've just been having a look and there's some interesting calls.

Particularly the Direct On Goal Scoring Opportunity. Basically it is encouraging referees to use a bit of in game reasoning to make their decisions.
A player gets taken out, outside the 18 yard box - Red card.
Same tackle in the box, could be a yellow card.
They explain the rule by saying if a player is taken out of play with a goal scoring opportunity in the box, a penalty, restores that chance, so further penalty, a red card, is not necessary.
While if a player is denied an Obvious GSO outside the box, a free kick is a lot harder to score off, so a red card is reasonable.
Obviously, referee discretion is applied still, and red/yellow cards can be given at will, but just interesting that this is an explanation.

I can't say i particularly agree with these changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uir0x4bs95tllf1/PGMO%20Conference%202016%20Workshop%20-%20DOGSO.mp4?dl=0

Jetmaster
24-03-2017, 01:48 PM
One of the beauties of football was there were so few rule changes. Unfortunately in the 21st century culture demands change and what is ruining cricket and has already ruined NRL is constant rule changes and pushes for technology.

It was just supposed to be about kicking a ball around.

MFKS
24-03-2017, 09:02 PM
http://m.ewn.co.za/2017/03/18/footballer-thanks-wife-and-girlfriend-during-post-match-interview

ROFL

belchardo
31-03-2017, 09:40 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/fifa-2026-world-cup-playoff

proposed allocations for 2026:

UEFA - 16
CAF - 9
AFC - 8
CONCACAF - 6
CONMEBOL - 6
OFC - 1
subtotal - 46

and then we go into some stupid playoff series for the last two positions

"The proposed play-off will feature one team from each confederation with the exception of Uefa, plus one from the host nation’s confederation, with two of the teams being seeded based on the world rankings.
The unseeded teams will be involved in a two-match first round, with the two winners from that then facing a seeded team each for a World Cup berth. The play-off will be contested in the same country as the World Cup and used as a test event, and Fifa specified November 2025 as the likely month in which it would be played."

pv4
21-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Footballers with koalas:

http://www.football365.com/news/small-pleasures-footballers-with-koalas

lquiquer
04-05-2017, 11:10 PM
1439MBP29 is going to be a BIG star .... ask Buffon if you don't believe me...

hawk
27-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Don't know about that. Plenty of better choccy around

piss off choccy snob.

hawk
27-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Nah, Cadbury are already deverloping club specific flavours.

The Arsenal Fruit and nut bar tastes great for most of the season, but one week a year it causes unexpected choking.
The Spurs top deck, only actually has one layer and it's never the top one.
West ham claret and blue bar makes you burp bubbles and tastes like shit if you move house.
Liverpools chocolate promises great flavour, but is soft centred and is disappointingly bland.
Chelsea's bar was bitter and expensive, but they changed the wrapper and now everyone seems to love it.
The Man United bar has nostalgic hints of red wine that seem to hinder any other flavours having a real impact.

Chelseas new flavour is much sweeter

Jeterpool
06-06-2017, 09:01 AM
Cheick Tiote passed away at training with his Chinese team overnight. :(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40167213

skippy
06-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Cheick Tiote passed away at training with his Chinese team overnight. :(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40167213

:( That goal against Arsenal though!

Frodo
06-06-2017, 11:54 AM
:( That goal against Arsenal though!

I was so angry that day, but that goal was beautiful and I would have loved to had been there to witness it. His only Newcastle goal, but one of the best i've witnessed.

lquiquer
09-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Is Argentina - Brazil on TV?

Bremsstrahlung
09-06-2017, 08:09 PM
GO! I think?

lquiquer
09-06-2017, 08:14 PM
GO! I think?

Cheers

Jetmaster
10-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Had to watch it on a smaller screen - the dazzling and blurred standard definition was giving me headaches on the big screen.

belchardo
25-06-2017, 08:50 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/24/russia-2014-world-cup-squad-fifa-doping-investigation

well, well, well...

Jetmaster
04-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Terry to Villa Park.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40476873

The Dunster
04-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Terry to Villa Park.

4 million Euro a season deal - Villa must be crazy. Sounds like the sort of deal Middleby would endorse.

StannyCFCJET
04-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Terry to Villa Park.

Will improve Villa tendfold. any players just crusing along will get a massive reality check

MFKS
04-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Precisely why the parachute payments to ex EPL clubs are a waste of cash

Playing silly money to players is why Villa are in the hole they are in in the first place

plague
04-07-2017, 01:37 PM
John Terry is just a myth the same way Carragher was.

Won't help Villa.

Good on him getting that cheque though.

StannyCFCJET
04-07-2017, 01:54 PM
John Terry is just a myth the same way Carragher was.

Won't help Villa.

Good on him getting that cheque though.

Terry is a few quality levels above Carragher and when fit played pretty well last year. In a team who play a little deeper and have a decent DM Terry will still boss it

plague
04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
In a team who play a little deeper and have a decent DM Terry will still boss it

So you're saying as long as someone covers his ass, and he doesn't have to turn and chase, he'll be great?

No, that makes him old and slow. Not great.

MFKS
04-07-2017, 02:15 PM
So you're saying as long as someone covers his ass, and he doesn't have to turn and chase, he'll be great?

No different to Boogaard really

Sign him up Bert

MFKS
04-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Terry is a few quality levels above Carragher and when fit played pretty well last year. In a team who play a little deeper and have a decent DM Terry will still boss it

Carragher is king of shit **** players making a career out of football at a level far above his ability

You remember all those og he scored??

Being unlucky is one thing but he actually tried to score them I think

Not even worth comparing the pair because even in the Twilight of his career Terry still a better player than Carragher ever was

Macca
04-07-2017, 02:18 PM

But he played for Chelsea??

plague
04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
But he played for Chelsea??

So did Chris Sutton and Winston Bogarde.

Exalted company.

plague
04-07-2017, 02:30 PM
You remember all those og he scored??

Oh my dear man that wasn't even the best part.

His ability to turn around and scream six shades of shit at his teammates every time he slotted one in his own net was beautiful.

Apparently Arbeloa (a 60x better player) was at fault for many of them.

Dude was a first class clown. I miss him.

StannyCFCJET
04-07-2017, 03:06 PM

He has lost what little pace he ever had of course he needs help on the pitch. But for his Leadership, Experience and Professionalism there isnt many if any better

Macca
04-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Exalted company.

C'mon man :gent:

StannyCFCJET
04-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Exalted company.

Sutton was class at blackburn tbf hence why we signed him.

plague
04-07-2017, 03:32 PM
C'mon man :gent:

Oh admit it, that was a good one.

MFKS
04-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Sutton was class at blackburn tbf hence why we signed him.

No he was class at Norwich

That got him the move to Blackburn

There he was average and bludged along with Shearer in an elite team

At Chelsea he was shit and played like Torres did

MFKS
04-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Oh my dear man that wasn't even the best part.

His ability to turn around and scream six shades of shit at his teammates every time he slotted one in his own net was beautiful.

Apparently Arbeloa (a 60x better player) was at fault for many of them.

Dude was a first class clown. I miss him.

But that the only way to score an og

Blame something else

Scream at the nearest **** and blame them

Did you ever watch Schmeichel play??

Every goal he let in was some **** in his teams fault
It just wasn't his fault

plague
04-07-2017, 09:21 PM
This is why no one likes sockah fans, especially the ones that think players play for them, or that they are 'owners' of a club.

An AC Milan fans' group has told Gianluigi Donnarumma they will forgive him if he fires agent Mino Raiola and signs a new contract.

Last week, Raiola told the club that the 18-year-old goalkeeper, who has a year left on his contract, would not be signing a new deal.

But Milan are refusing to sell Donnarumma and have threatened to leave him on the bench for a season.

A statement on the website of the Milan fans from the Curva Sud at the San Siro said: "We know that the last few days must have been difficult, to defend himself from the criticisms and insults he will have received, but when you make vows of love and betray them this is the only way the situation can be.

"Obviously we do not condone any threats, which have nothing to do with the position we are taking.

"Football today is even further detached from people's passion and even closer to people like Raiola; people who are capable of influencing an entire career and clubs' histories without scruple, with just one interest -- their own.

"We still believe there is a chance to put things right, but now it depends on you withdrawing from your affairs with the person who has pushed you to do wrong and ruined your image."

Donnarumma is on international duty with Italy's under-21s, but has not escaped criticism in Poland.

During the opening group game against Denmark on Sunday, fake dollar bills were thrown at him and a banner bearing the name "Dollarumma" was hung behind his goal.

On Monday, Raiola said Milan were responsible for Donnarumma's decision not to extend his contract, but the Milan fans' group said only the agent could be blamed.

"We find it strange that such a competent agent is unable to act in the best interests of his client but has instead destroyed his image in the eyes of all football fans, who now discover that an 18-year-old can show no respect towards the club who launched his career just because of the interest of a man behind him who is promising him mountains of money," the statement said.

"For a sportsman the appreciation of your people has no economic value, and we invite Donnarumma to reflect on what he has deprived himself of for his future career."

wankers.

MFKS
04-07-2017, 11:10 PM
This is why no one likes sockah fans, especially the ones that think players play for them, or that they are 'owners' of a club.

wankers.
Good on them

Keeping the plastic **** honest

plague
04-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Good on them

Keeping the plastic **** honest

huh?
plastic players?

De-Champ
05-07-2017, 10:32 AM
huh?
plastic players?

They are pretty flexible in the serie A

Jeterpool
04-08-2017, 08:52 AM
What are people's thoughts on the whole Neymar saga.

Football has lost the plot even more than it already has. Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.

I'd suggest Barca fans are feeling akin to Liverpool fans when Torres left.

MFKS
04-08-2017, 09:09 AM

Football has lost the plot even more than it already has. Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.

Good for the game really

Bloke is a legend and playing for Barca he is lost behind Iniesta and Iniesta and Iniesta and some of those other blokes who play for them

At PSG he going to be the main man
Judging by the way he has carried the burden of expectation from a young age for the Brazilian NT I sure he will shine like a diamond

Maybe next year is the year we have a bloke on par with the greats of world football through the years like Iniesta Maradona Pele Griff etc were in days gone by

lquiquer
04-08-2017, 01:35 PM

I think the financial fair play is based on : You can't spend more than $30M of your revenues.....It has worked and club's debts are better controlled. However Neymar appears to be a gift to PSG from Qatar.......Which is why La Liga couldn't stop the transfer and had to accept the $222M.... (I'm talking in Euros)

PC14
04-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.

Technically, it's not a transfer. Neymar paid his own contract out with funds he has received to be an ambassador for the World Cup in Qatar and kept the rest for himself.

Jeterpool
04-08-2017, 02:29 PM
I think the financial fair play is based on : You can't spend more than $30M of your revenues.....It has worked and club's debts are better controlled. However Neymar appears to be a gift to PSG from Qatar.......Which is why La Liga couldn't stop the transfer and had to accept the $222M.... (I'm talking in Euros)

Technically, it's not a transfer. Neymar paid his own contract out with funds he has received to be an ambassador for the World Cup in Qatar and kept the rest for himself.

Wow....there's always a loop

plague
04-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Man takes new job after receiving better offer from competing company.

thats about it really.

The Dunster
04-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Man takes new job after receiving better offer from competing company.

thats about it really.

Agreed. The real action will be when Messi and Ronaldo both enter negotiations with their respective clubs as they will no doubt base their claims on what Neymar is getting paid.

plague
04-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Agreed. The real action will be when Messi and Ronaldo both enter negotiations with their respective clubs as they will no doubt base their claims on what Neymar is getting paid.

the only problem will be that Neymar is entering his prime, those other 2 will be signing legacy contracts very much like Kobe Bryants last few years at the Lakers.

What a 'new' team will pay for a past its prime Messi 'should' be way less, especially as the image rights part of it will be tricky. No matter where he ends up Messi will always be seen as a Barca player.
Ronaldo, not so much.

A top 5 world player moving as they enter their prime is a staggering thought, and obviously worth the gamble to PSG.

just thinking, when was the last time a truly elite player transferred from such a big team at this point in their career?

Maybe Ronaldo from Man U? Zidane from Juve? or even the real Ronaldo to Real?

StannyCFCJET
04-08-2017, 04:02 PM
the only problem will be that Neymar is entering his prime, those other 2 will be signing legacy contracts very much like Kobe Bryants last few years at the Lakers.

What a 'new' team will pay for a past its prime Messi 'should' be way less, especially as the image rights part of it will be tricky. No matter where he ends up Messi will always be seen as a Barca player.
Ronaldo, not so much.

A top 5 world player moving as they enter their prime is a staggering thought, and obviously worth the gamble to PSG.

just thinking, when was the last time a truly elite player transferred from such a big team at this point in their career?

Maybe Ronaldo from Man U? Zidane from Juve? or even the real Ronaldo to Real?

Anyone wanting Messi better have 500 mil sitting around

plague
04-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Would be interesting if Messi ever leaves. Dude doesn't look like he craves attention or relishes the challenge of winning a 3rd tier comp in MLS or China.

Also the legacy aspect of being a one club player would be pretty novel.

Could see him playing a celebration season or 2 back in Argentina but I could also see blokes like him and Iniesta do a Keyser Soze and disappear completely.

plague
04-08-2017, 05:13 PM
and I should qualify that by saying everything I said is based on a perception of Messi developed through the media so he could probably be the exact opposite and play til he's 75 demanding massive money and a guarantee of getting whole back seat on the team bus.

The Dunster
05-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I remember how we all gasped when Gordon McQueen transferred from Leeds to Man U for 495,000 Pounds. These days players could bottle their piss for more money.

hawk
10-08-2017, 09:40 PM

no no no no no no no no no Barca will replace with top dollar world class players. Liverpool dont/cant

MFKS
10-08-2017, 11:17 PM
no no no no no no no no no Barca will replace with top dollar world class players. Liverpool dont/cant

Liverpool have been able to find World Class players

Mascherano
Torres
Suarez
Alonso

Etc

It getting them to win trophies at Liverpool that the problem

Those blokes have all won the UCL since leaving Anfield

Alonso aside none of them got close to winning it at Anfield

Jeterpool
11-08-2017, 06:42 AM

Mascherano
Torres
Suarez
Alonso

Etc

Macsherano and Alonso were there in 2007 as well.

MFKS
11-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Macsherano and Alonso were there in 2007 as well.

You didn't get close to winning that one

Milan actually just righted the wrong of 2005 when they were robbed blind after out playing you that game

In 2007 my dick was still small

StannyCFCJET
11-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Milan actually just righted the wrong of 2005 when they were robbed blind after out playing you that game

In 2007 they were in command from kick off to FT

Shots Fired :popcorn:

Jeterpool
11-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Shots Fired :popcorn:

Nah the Member and I are cool. We acknowledge our opinions differ from time to time, but I respect he can have it.

Train rides to/from Gosford are always a good chat.

Jeterpool
11-08-2017, 01:32 PM

In 2007 they were in command from kick off to FT

Reaching the final is pretty close. Closer than teams other than AC that year :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
11-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Better than the other 30 teams!

MFKS
11-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Reaching the final is pretty close. Closer than teams other than AC that year :rof:

Can clearly see you support the Jets and Liverpool and accept mediocrity to easily

Lol

2nd ??

Might as well have been last

I am a dipper

Jeterpool
11-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Can clearly see you support the Jets and Liverpool and accept mediocrity to easily

Lol

2nd ??

Might as well have been last

Same same

It's the hope that keeps me coming back.

MFKS
11-08-2017, 03:17 PM
It's the hope that keeps me coming back.

Hope??

It a long terminal illness that leads to mass suffering only ended by death

We all been cursed

hawk
29-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Mascherano
Torres
Suarez
Alonso

Etc

No.

Thats over many years. Im talking having a squad and half worth all at once. lose and replace like RM, Barca, Bayern etc

lquiquer
06-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Argentina 1 - 1 Venezuela (At the Monumental).....there are no easy games (Except if you are Germany)

MFKS
06-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Argentina 1 - 1 Venezuela (At the Monumental).....there are no easy games (Except if you are Germany)

Yet we have a god given right to win every game with these shit **** Gypo players we have according to most Australian supporters

plague
02-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Is Steven Gerrard really gonna manage Rangers?

This seems a bit 'odd'

StannyCFCJET
25-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Fifa top 10 and no Kante 😔😔😤😤🤔🤔

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Who would you leave out?

StannyCFCJET
25-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Who would you leave out?

Any of them. The best DM in the world has to be on their no question. Hell replace Hazard with Kante

Bremsstrahlung
26-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Sam Kerr on the women’s list. Great achievement!

I’d maybe be inclined to swap Varane and Kante but that’s purely because I don’t prticularly follow many of the other leagues that closely.

On Club form/influence id be biased and back Salah. His goals domestically and influence in UCL. Only detriment is his national team performances compared to the others.

Otherwise I feel like we are headed to another Ronaldo, maybe Kane at a push.

plague
26-07-2018, 09:28 AM
On Club form/influence id be biased and back Salah. His goals domestically and influence in UCL. Only detriment is his national team performances compared to the others.

Otherwise I feel like we are headed to another Ronaldo, maybe Kane at a push.

Wait up a minute.

Is someone suggesting Harry Kane is one of the top 10 players in the world?

Where is this list? Sounds like utter garbage.

StannyCFCJET
26-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Wait up a minute.

Is someone suggesting Harry Kane is one of the top 10 players in the world?

Where is this list? Sounds like utter garbage.

He's gotta be in the top 3 for strikers IMO. Suarez Lewondowski and Kane

plague
26-07-2018, 12:30 PM
He's gotta be in the top 3 for strikers IMO. Suarez Lewondowski and Kane

Huh?

Hes the same as Morata.

Take that comment however you want.

StannyCFCJET
26-07-2018, 05:07 PM
A big girl??? Don't think so

plague
05-08-2018, 09:19 PM
is the Charity Shield on the tele tonight?

StannyCFCJET
05-08-2018, 11:15 PM
is the Charity Shield on the tele tonight?

Nah have to find a stream. Sbs had it a few years back but not anymore looks like it

plague
06-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Nah have to find a stream. Sbs had it a few years back but not anymore looks like it

Yeah went to bed and watched the replay on Chelsea TV at 9am (without hearing the score).

Man, everybody already down on Chelsea.

StannyCFCJET
06-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Yeah went to bed and watched the replay on Chelsea TV at 9am (without hearing the score).

Man, everybody already down on Chelsea.

City are going to win the league again and probably at a canter people need to accept this. They are a level above everyone

plague
06-08-2018, 03:37 PM
City are going to win the league again and probably at a canter people need to accept this. They are a level above everyone

Oh I agree with this, it was just astounding that everyone has Chelsea pretty much relegated on the strength of watching that game even though they were missing most their 1st team.

and dont worry, the same thing was said when Real thumped Barca pre season last year (walk the league, Messi finished etc) then Barca went about 30 league games unbeaten.

Football punditry is the best job, you can just say whatever and no one cares if it's right.

The Member sure missed his calling.

StannyCFCJET
06-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Oh I agree with this, it was just astounding that everyone has Chelsea pretty much relegated on the strength of watching that game even though they were missing most their 1st team.

and dont worry, the same thing was said when Real thumped Barca pre season last year (walk the league, Messi finished etc) then Barca went about 30 league games unbeaten.

Football punditry is the best job, you can just say whatever and no one cares if it's right.

The Member sure missed his calling.

Oh Twitter plastics will always rant. The real fans back their team and understand SarriBall will take time to get going

Frodo
09-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Fair bit of movement on the international market today.

Arsenal are selling (Welbz/Perez/Ospina could all go)
Liverpool looking to sell a keeper and Danny Ings.
Chelsea spent silly money on a keeper, lost a keeper, picked up a decent CDM to play alongside their other 2 CDM starters??? and are getting rid of bakoyakowako to Milan.
Everton buying one of everything available and hoping it will just sort itself out on the pitch. Bernard on the opposite wing to Richarlson is the ultimate combo of skill, pace and no final product. Plus they have 3 CBs lined up to come in.
Man United crying that no one will give them what they want for a reasonable price because they bang on about how much money they have all year is great. Mourinho will definitely be gone this year and it's amazing to know that we all have that sh%te show to look forward to. Boetang calling and saying no personally was a nice touch. Leicester look like they have convinced Maguire to sit tight also.
City have the one guy they wanted and then broke him and then fixed him. Spent the rest of the window deciding that they should name a training ground after club legend Jo Hart! Brilliant.
Tottenham will be looking to.. hahaha. They don't have any money. Sell someone maybe just to stay relevent?
Wolves have sorted themselves out amazingly, they will be in europe within 3-4 years.
Fulham are sorted now as well.
Southampton, West Ham, Watford and Crystal palace probably need to find something to move out of the relegation battle early. I can only see West hame spending any decent money.
Newcastle will be looking to loan everyone under the sun in order to stay up this year. Ashley is just hoping that any sensible offers come in for the club itself, as are all toon fans.

Should be interesting.

plague
09-08-2018, 10:57 AM
The optus sport package is going to be worth the $15 per month just to see the Mourinho post game interviews live.

Bon
09-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Fair bit of movement on the international market today.

Arsenal are selling (Welbz/Perez/Ospina could all go)
Liverpool looking to sell a keeper and Danny Ings.
Chelsea spent silly money on a keeper, lost a keeper, picked up a decent CDM to play alongside their other 2 CDM starters??? and are getting rid of bakoyakowako to Milan.
Everton buying one of everything available and hoping it will just sort itself out on the pitch. Bernard on the opposite wing to Richarlson is the ultimate combo of skill, pace and no final product. Plus they have 3 CBs lined up to come in.
Man United crying that no one will give them what they want for a reasonable price because they bang on about how much money they have all year is great. Mourinho will definitely be gone this year and it's amazing to know that we all have that sh%te show to look forward to. Boetang calling and saying no personally was a nice touch. Leicester look like they have convinced Maguire to sit tight also.
City have the one guy they wanted and then broke him and then fixed him. Spent the rest of the window deciding that they should name a training ground after club legend Jo Hart! Brilliant.
Tottenham will be looking to.. hahaha. They don't have any money. Sell someone maybe just to stay relevent?
Wolves have sorted themselves out amazingly, they will be in europe within 3-4 years.
Fulham are sorted now as well.
Southampton, West Ham, Watford and Crystal palace probably need to find something to move out of the relegation battle early. I can only see West hame spending any decent money.
Newcastle will be looking to loan everyone under the sun in order to stay up this year. Ashley is just hoping that any sensible offers come in for the club itself, as are all toon fans.

Should be interesting.

:lulzturtle:
Love your work, Mr Baggins..

MFKS
09-08-2018, 01:08 PM
The optus sport package is going to be worth the $15 per month just to see the Mourinho post game interviews live.

Why??

Ma U will either win the EPL or come 2nd this season

They aint however many points worse tha City last season

Last year was a bit of an aberration with the distance between 1st and 2nd

Frodo
09-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Why??

No one said they won't win. Just that Mou will leave and it will be great to watch. Which is basically written in stone.

3 year cycle. Never fails that man.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Why??

United are miles behind City, What are you smoking. Only team who can Challenge are Liverpool but even then they will fade away as they always do

MFKS
09-08-2018, 04:28 PM
United are miles behind City, What are you smoking. Only team who can Challenge are Liverpool but even then they will fade away as they always do

You support Chelsea

The grown ups are now talking

Please stay quiet

Frodo
09-08-2018, 05:09 PM
You support Chelsea

Please stay quiet

Lol at this..

In my eyes Citeh will be favourites, but Liverpool and United are probably on equal footing for 2nd place and Citeh won't be as far ahead this year.

Tottenham have a top 4 squad but don't have a home ground and are about to experience the joys of being in massive debt for a few years. That team will slowly be picked apart once Pochetino realises he isn't going to be given any money and leaves for Real.

Arsenal and Chelsea could either win the league or finish 10th. Both have great squads with world class players but don't have settled managers and both have to come to grips with the EPL very quickly.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Lol at this..

In my eyes Citeh will be favourites, but Liverpool and United are probably on equal footing for 2nd place and Citeh won't be as far ahead this year.

Tottenham have a top 4 squad but don't have a home ground and are about to experience the joys of being in massive debt for a few years. That team will slowly be picked apart once Pochetino realises he isn't going to be given any money and leaves for Real.

Arsenal and Chelsea could either win the league or finish 10th. Both have great squads with world class players but don't have settled managers and both have to come to grips with the EPL very quickly.

We dont have a top 4 squad and need the teams above us to falter big time. Hell if Arsenal get Lacazette and Aubamayeng firing you will prolly finish above us

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 06:38 PM
You support Chelsea

Please stay quiet

That's funny coming from you.

Frodo
09-08-2018, 08:20 PM
We dont have a top 4 squad and need the teams above us to falter big time. Hell if Arsenal get Lacazette and Aubamayeng firing you will prolly finish above us

I hate Chelsea. I hate them second only to Spuds.

But they have a team that can beat every team on the EPL.

Kepa
Azpi - Rudiger - Zouma/Luiz - Alonso.
Jorginho - Kante
William - Fabregas - Hazard
Giroud.

Show me the weakness there?

3 world cup winners, 2 wingers that walk into most teams in world football. An agile defence with a world class coach drilling a strong defensive system in them. A midfield that can run forever.

Rubbish club, amazing team on paper. Hence, they can either win the whole thing or collapse under their own egos.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 08:32 PM
I hate Chelsea. I hate them second only to Spuds.

But they have a team that can beat every team on the EPL.

Kepa
Azpi - Rudiger - Zouma/Luiz - Alonso.
Jorginho - Kante
William - Fabregas - Hazard
Giroud.

Show me the weakness there?

3 world cup winners, 2 wingers that walk into most teams in world football. An agile defence with a world class coach drilling a strong defensive system in them. A midfield that can run forever.

Rubbish club, amazing team on paper. Hence, they can either win the whole thing or collapse under their own egos.

Zouma isnt good enough atm and Luiz cant play in a back 4. Andreas Christensen will play CB. Alonso is too slow to play LB. I love him but gets exposed alot. CMs is fine cept for Fabregas whose legs are gone and can't press in Sarri's system. Willian doesnt score enough goals and neither does Giroud so once again it all falls down to Hazard whose team first motto makes him pass more often then shoot.

Kepa
Azpi- Rudiger/Ampadu - Christensen - New LB maybe Emerson given a run
Jorginho
Kante - Barkley/RLC/Kovacic
Pedro/Callum Hudson Odi - Hazard
Batman/Giroud Morata is a girl so need new Striker.

This team has potential but needs a few additions as ive mentioned

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Oh and Frodo enjoy Kronke having full control over your club atleast our owner gives a damm, Rubbish club indeed

plague
09-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Oh and Frodo enjoy Kronke having full control over your club atleast our owner gives a damm, Rubbish club indeed

yeah this is a concern IMO.

not for the club, but for my 'Arsenal Top 4' bet.

Lets just hope he waits til the end of the season to sell everyone off and move the team to Los Angeles.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2018, 08:56 PM
yeah this is a concern IMO.

not for the club, but for my 'Arsenal Top 4' bet.

Lets just hope he waits til the end of the season to sell everyone off and move the team to Los Angeles.

More Carl Jenkinsons incoming

Frodo
10-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement. See below for a very simple write up.
https://www.newsweek.com/l-rams-arsenal-and-nuggets-how-successful-are-stan-kroenkes-teams-1060409

His main issue is that if fans don't show up and pay him good money he will march a team down the hill to an area who will. Which can't happen in the EPL, so he may not be as bad as first thought. I'm 100% not happy that he is buying out all the individual share holders so he can have 100% ownership but the other club that uses that model hasn't folded so we will see.

Roundball Enthusiast
10-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement. See below for a very simple write up.

Rams - Haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.
Nuggets - Team that never made the finals, to a team that made the finals twice, then hasn't been back for 5 years.. :|
Avalances - haven't made the playoffs for 6 years.
Rapids - took 6 years to do anything (won the Cup). Haven't done anything since and finished outside the top 4 on six occasions since. They finished 2nd last year and are currently 11th (out of 12) on the table after 22 games.

None of these fill me with confidence that he looks after and manages his teams well. None of them have improved or done anything significant consistently. Which is what Arsenal Fans demand. Consistency.
Moreso, they're sick of "top 4 consistency" and they want trophies. None of these teams have a proven track record of doing this on more than 1 occasion, or at all.

Frodo
10-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Rams - Haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. Won the NFC western conference last year, knocked out by the Falcons in wildcard playoff after seeding 3rd in the NFC, and are favourites to win it again this year. They did well when he arrived in early 2000s and then struggled for a few years during the changeover of owners and sorting our coaching staff. They are currently having a resurgence now they are settled in LA.

Nuggets - Team that never made the finals, to a team that made the finals twice, then hasn't been back for 5 years.. :| Yeah, he spent big money on Anthony Carmelo and he got them back into the finals but they never managed to overcome the Lakers who were an absolute dream team. Definite improvement considering the Nuggets have never won a championship and Denver isn't exactly the most attractive option for super star players.

Avalances - haven't made the playoffs for 6 years. They made the playoffs last year, but they haven't really improved immensely. He bought them as a part of the deal for the Nuggets and I don't think he really cares about them too much.

Rapids - took 6 years to do anything (won the Cup). Haven't done anything since and finished outside the top 4 on six occasions since. They finished 2nd last year and are currently 11th (out of 12) on the table after 22 games. Went from nothing to MLS champions but then fell away. Worrying signs on this one.

I'd say you were being a little bit glass half empty on these. You can't really compare the EPL to any American sport and he's never bought a team the size of Arsenal. Arsenal are a giant of a club, none of his other clubs had any real history. He will be too scared to change much considering how much money we turn over every year.

Frodo
10-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Need to put this into perspective. We aren't chelsea before Roman purchased them. We don't need billions of dollars injected into our club right now.

Also, how good is Tottenham breaking transfer records?? 1st team to spend $0 in a transfer window. Eat it spuds.

StannyCFCJET
10-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Need to put this into perspective. We aren't chelsea before Roman purchased them. We don't need billions of dollars injected into our club right now.

Also, how good is Tottenham breaking transfer records?? 1st team to spend $0 in a transfer window. Eat it spuds.

I never get this comment and the barb its supposed to throw. It's not like we were a second or third division club who never won anything. Hell from 1996 onwards we actually started to win a fair few trophies and was slowly turning into a top 4 team.

However I will agree 100000000% Eat it spuds cant wait for poch to leave and take dele and kane with him

Roundball Enthusiast
10-08-2018, 07:01 PM
I'd say you were being a little bit glass half empty on these. You can't really compare the EPL to any American sport and he's never bought a team the size of Arsenal. Arsenal are a giant of a club, none of his other clubs had any real history. He will be too scared to change much considering how much money we turn over every year.

I was at work, so some quick research.. But nothing there showed me he improves teams. And I agree, American teams in terrible areas aren't great examples. However, saying "Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement." isn't really true. The teams he owns, some have had some success, but most have done very little, or about the same with glimpses of success. So not really true on the improvement front.

And yes, an EPL team with a tonne of history is different to solely american teams, so he will probably change little.. Which means Arsenal can't really expect too much of a cash inject? He's worth 8bil-ish, so I don't see him spending hundreds of millions on players, unless he can recoup a lot of it.

plague
10-08-2018, 08:45 PM
the only thing ill say about Kroenke is to be wary of his 'achievements' in American sports.

American sports are designed to reward failure (drafts) and punish success (salary caps).

Just because you fail for so long that you end up getting the ping pong balls to bounce right way to force a LeBron James type transcendent talent to your team, it cant be hailed as 'great management'.

His behaviour holding the city of St Louis to ransom to fund a stadium is the thing that should concern 'fans' the most.

But his NFL team has been 'given' talent because of the failure of management. if they succeed its probably in spite of Kroenke rather than because of him.

EPL is all on the management to get the team right.
because failure has real consequences, not rewards.

De-Champ
10-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Man utd, City did not spend much on transfers either.

MFKS
10-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Man utd, City did not spend much on transfers either.

???

City spent £70 million on 1 ****ing player in Mahrez

Man U for all the doomsday talk about their transfer market efforts still spent £20 million on Dalot and £50 million on Fred

Cunce are crying poor about clubs only spending £70 million

Also I dont get this talk about Man U needing to sign players

Club has a squad full of quality elite players
It up to Mourinhio to actually get more out of them than he has been doing in the last 2 years

plague
10-08-2018, 10:23 PM

It up to Mourinhio to actually get more out of them than he has been doing in the last 2 years

this here is the correct and valid point.

everyone saw Pogba in the World Cup. Jose aint struggling for talent.

De-Champ
11-08-2018, 09:36 AM
???

City spent £70 million on 1 ****ing player in Mahrez

Man U for all the doomsday talk about their transfer market efforts still spent £20 million on Dalot and £50 million on Fred

Cunce are crying poor about clubs only spending £70 million

Yes you are correct. What I meant to say they did not sign many players compared to prior years. But as you point out they have big squads.

Frodo
11-08-2018, 11:14 PM
Sorry, just to finish off the Arsenal talk.

It's hard to convey tone sometimes on forums. My point may have come across poorly.

I have 0% faith that Kroenke will help the club in any way, he won't be investing money to buy players. I just mean that he won't be the end of us. I HOPE!

My actual theory is that he is going to buy us out 100% only to sell us to the African Billionaire, Aliko Dangote, for about 800 million profit or something.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Will be funny when Arsenal fans praise having a rich owner when apparently their club was better then resorting to something which illegitimates every trohpy you win

Frodo
12-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Will be funny when Arsenal fans praise having a rich owner when apparently their club was better then resorting to something which illegitimates every trohpy you win

You miss the point of why people mock Chelski. It's not because they were successful, that would just be petty jealousy.

The reason is that Chelsea had little to no history and little to no fans, Roman comes in and they spent a lot of money to win trophies and all of a sudden they had lots of fans. And now half of those new fans have left and gone to Manc Citeh.

Chelsea are a plastic club because of their plastic fans, not because of Romans Millions.

Citeh are the new plastic club now and they are mocked even more than you guys, Half of Citeh fans have a Chelsea shirt in their attics. We all just need them to have a dip in form before we can bust it out more often.

Premy
12-08-2018, 10:47 AM
You miss the point of why people mock Chelski. It's not because they were successful, that would just be petty jealousy.

The reason is that Chelsea had little to no history and little to no fans, Roman comes in and they spent a lot of money to win trophies and all of a sudden they had lots of fans. And now half of those new fans have left and gone to Manc Citeh.

Chelsea are a plastic club because of their plastic fans, not because of Romans Millions.

Citeh are the new plastic club now and they are mocked even more than you guys, Half of Citeh fans have a Chelsea shirt in their attics. We all just need them to have a dip in form before we can bust it out more often.

You forgot about the plastic flags.

plague
12-08-2018, 10:56 AM
id just like to be the first to congratulate Stanny and his boyz for this successful EPL season. After watching last night, i estimate you will collect 114 points, score over 120 goals and not concede any. Sariball cannot be stopped.

Also, if you start your best player i think you'll get even more than the 114 points.

from my estimates that should be enough to secure you a top 4 spot.

Congrats.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 11:22 AM

We had heaps of history and very loyal fans. Just because we didnt win the prem every few years our history is considered irrelevant. Oh and it is 100% jealously. None of these clubs would be saying peep if Roman bought their club. Every club in the top 6 minus probally spuds has plastic fans

plague
12-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Every club in the top 6 minus probally spuds has plastic fans

funny thing is though that Americans (esp sports media people i read/listen to etc) who were late on the 'soccer' bandwagon are overwhelmingly drawn to Liverpool and Spurs in the Prem.

and geez, if theres one thing you dont want at your club is an American plastic.

lucky though all us lifelong Lester fans stuck solid.

plague
12-08-2018, 12:26 PM
except for my grand pappy who fought in the war and he bled sky blue .....no im serious, the Germans shot him and all this light blue stuff poured out of him.

so Man Citeh has always held a special place in my heart.

'mon.

MFKS
12-08-2018, 01:13 PM

That only a half truth

Go back further to mid 90s and Chelsea had Ken Bates try and buy Chelsea some success

Suceeded in turning them into a side who won the odd cup and had teams who just couldnt win the League

Roman just went further and got the job done by spending more

Chelsea have been as plastic as for 25 years now

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 01:55 PM
That only a half truth

Go back further to mid 90s and Chelsea had Ken Bates try and buy Chelsea some success

Suceeded in turning them into a side who won the odd cup and had teams who just couldnt win the League

And United and Liverpool have been plastic for decades of spending money to win things makes you plastic

MFKS
12-08-2018, 09:20 PM
And United and Liverpool have been plastic for decades of spending money to win things makes you plastic

Liverpool and Man U actually earned their periods of success

They actually done something to warrant it

Unlike Chelsea and City whom have just had a rich man come in and start spending stupid money

Imyourhero
12-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Who cares

Imyourhero
12-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Enjoy the football ffs

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Liverpool and Man U actually earned their periods of success

They actually done something to warrant it

Unlike Chelsea and City whom have just had a rich man come in and start spending stupid money

They spent money on good players when no one else could. Chelsea also spent money on good players no difference except we were prepared to spend more then everyone else at the time

plague
12-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Who cares

Enjoy the football ffs

wait? these teams play football?

plague
12-08-2018, 11:13 PM
its ok i just saw Iniestas first goal for Vissel Kobe and nothing else in football matters.

wowsers.

the greatest still getting it done.

Premy
12-08-2018, 11:16 PM
That only a half truth

If I'm not mistaken Bates bought them for 1 quid and if he didn't they were going to be evicted from Stamford Bridge.

plague
13-08-2018, 01:34 PM
If you all get a chance check out the last minute of DC uniteds game today. Wayne Rooney does a thing and it's pretty awesome.

Jeterpool
13-08-2018, 05:30 PM
If you all get a chance check out the last minute of DC uniteds game today. Wayne Rooney does a thing and it's pretty awesome.

Saw that. INcredible.

How's his team mates celebrating with the scorer - nobody goes to Rooney. Sure he scored, but if not for Rooney's defesive effort and wonderful ball they'd be walking off with a draw. To quote the 12th Man "You ungrateful bastards, you should be carrying him on your shoulders. He's just won you the ****ing game"

Jetmaster
14-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Now I love bagging Sterling for many reasons. The colour of his skin is not one of them. He is just one of those players you want to punch...a la Cruse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45177178

plague
14-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Now I love bagging Sterling for many reasons. The colour of his skin is not one of them. He is just one of those players you want to punch...a la Cruse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45177178

Yeah but both these things can be true.

A lot of people would honestly not be criticizing him because he is black, but they also probably arent consistent with their criticisms on the white guys too.

Doesn't mean they 'racist' but it can mean they treat different skin colours differently.

Lewis Hamilton is another good example of the double standard.

The Dunster
14-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Yeah but both these things can be true.

A lot of people would honestly not be criticizing him because he is black, but they also probably arent consistent with their criticisms on the white guys too.

Doesn't mean they 'racist' but it can mean they treat different skin colours differently.

Lewis Hamilton is another good example of the double standard.

Hamilton is criticised mostly because he's never had to drive a shit car for a shit team like Senna, Mansell, Schumacher... and others have to earn a spot with one of the top teams. Instead he's pretty much been gifted the perfect ride throughout his career.
Then on top of that there's the fact he's a complete wanker - although no worse than Vettel.

As far as I'm concerned this blokes the greatest of all time. He won in shit cars, nailed 35 airline stewardesses in one night and was so confident he'd drink the Moet Chandon both before and after the race. More over he wasn't afraid of a little race fuel interrupting him having a pre or post race dart either.

http://www.formulapassion.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/James-Hunt-smoking.jpg
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9132013.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Racing-Driver-James-Hunt-with-model-Sue-Shaw.jpg

plague
14-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Hamilton is criticised mostly because he's never had to drive a shit car for a shit team like Senna, Mansell, Schumacher... and others have to earn a spot with one of the top teams. Instead he's pretty much been gifted the perfect ride throughout his career.
Then on top of that there's the fact he's a complete wanker - although no worse than Vettel.

nah. Hamiltons first year in F1 was in a car that didnt win race the year before, then signed the current World Champ to be their #1 driver only for the "no# 2" (Hamilton) win as many races as him and get within 1 point on the title.

Also, now thats two of you that have done the whole "yeah i dont like the black guy.........but heres a white guy i dont like too".

you dont need to rationalise why you dont like him.

MFKS
14-08-2018, 08:08 PM
This is like saying people put shit on Hoole because he is white

No it because he is an over rated sell out playing for the Gypos

plague
14-08-2018, 09:25 PM
This is like saying people put shit on Hoole because he is white

No it because he is an over rated sell out playing for the Gypos

oh dear God you're here now.

ok ok ok, lets just drop it now to save you the suspension.

Back on topic:

Bigger disappointment last weekend:
1. Emery in charge of Arsenal

or

2. The new Liverpool goalie, bloke did nothing all day. waste of cash.

Frodo
15-08-2018, 08:46 AM
oh dear God you're here now.

ok ok ok, lets just drop it now to save you the suspension.

Back on topic:

Bigger disappointment last weekend:
1. Emery in charge of Arsenal

or

2. The new Liverpool goalie, bloke did nothing all day. waste of cash.

Biggest disappointment was the Everton fans not giving a standing ovation to Jagielka on his last game in the EPL. He even left the field early to allow for it.

With Zouma coming and Mina in for big cash I can't see Jagielka getting much game time in the EPL either way but with that Red card i'd think Silva's mind would be made up.

The Dunster
15-08-2018, 10:24 AM
nah. Hamiltons first year in F1 was in a car that didnt win race the year before, then signed the current World Champ to be their #1 driver only for the "no# 2" (Hamilton) win as many races as him and get within 1 point on the title.

Also, now thats two of you that have done the whole "yeah i dont like the black guy.........but heres a white guy i dont like too".

you dont need to rationalise why you dont like him.

I didn't name Vettel because he was white. I named him because he's the other multiple world champion who pretty much never had to drive an inferior car in an inferior team.

plague
15-08-2018, 05:18 PM
I didn't name Vettel because he was white. I named him because he's the other multiple world champion who pretty much never had to drive an inferior car in an inferior team.

Toro Rosso has started 238 F1 races (most of them with 2 cars) so out of over 400 chances to win a race it has happened just once.

in a car driven by Vettel.

so yeah, hes seen some garbage.

I will say though that Phil Jagielka is currently only one win behind Vettel all time for Toro Rosso so maybe after he loses his gig at Everton he can pick up Brendan Hartleys seat for next year. Couldnt do much worse.

The Dunster
15-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Toro Rosso has started 238 F1 races (most of them with 2 cars) so out of over 400 chances to win a race it has happened just once.

in a car driven by Vettel.

so yeah, hes seen some garbage.

I will say though that Phil Jagielka is currently only one win behind Vettel all time for Toro Rosso so maybe after he loses his gig at Everton he can pick up Brendan Hartleys seat for next year. Couldnt do much worse.

In that case better put me in the racist camp then. Carry on.

plague
15-08-2018, 11:23 PM
ok its gonna warrant its own thread soon enough just for me and the Member to hang (and anyone else who is correct and right).

but.

Iniesta scored again in Japan, and yes it was a smoker.

Greatest of his generation*.

*Griff does not belong to one era. Griff is the greatest for all who have ever walked Griffs green earth.

hail Griff.

plague
20-08-2018, 09:15 AM
hey guys remember back in the olden days when manchester united used to win games and werent garbage?

Frodo
20-08-2018, 08:52 PM
hey guys remember back in the olden days when manchester united used to win games and werent garbage?

Glenn Murray with Goal of the year. That was absolutely delightful.

If Messi or Ronaldo does that, it's front page everywhere.

20-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Christ now your testing my memory.

MFKS
20-08-2018, 10:46 PM

That was before the internet wasnt it??

plague
27-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Hazard is in the top handful of football players on the planet is a dope.

Which brings me to Alan Shearer last night forever moaning about 'when Hazard decides to turn up' hes good.
This has to be one of the laziest 'hot takes' out there.

Bloke is a gun, and is never not a gun when on the field.

**** Alan Shearer.

MFKS
27-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Hazard is in the top handful of football players on the planet is a dope.

Which brings me to Alan Shearer last night forever moaning about 'when Hazard decides to turn up' hes good.
This has to be one of the laziest 'hot takes' out there.

Bloke is a gun, and is never not a gun when on the field.

**** Alan Shearer.

How big is this handful??

Is it a Gypo hanful of 6 fingers??

Because I can name 5 off the top of my head whom are better than Hazard

I will start you off with Iniesta ....

The Dunster
27-08-2018, 01:11 PM
1.Iniesta
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Neymar
5. Arzani
6. Hazard

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 01:13 PM
How big is this handful??

Is it a Gypo hanful of 6 fingers??

Because I can name 5 off the top of my head whom are better than Hazard

I will start you off with Iniesta ....

That doesnt mean Hazard isnt a top player and if you name Neymar in there your losing all cred

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 01:13 PM
1.Iniesta
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Neymar
5. Arzani
6. Hazard

Youve lost all cred as well. Neymar better then Hazard is a joke. That diving merchant showed at the world cup how much he wasnt better then Hazard

plague
27-08-2018, 01:28 PM
1.Iniesta
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Neymar
5. Arzani
6. Hazard

Due to his age/position etc if I was starting a football team today I'd pick Hazard over Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar in an instant.

The other 2 on your list are of course unquestionable.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Due to his age/position etc if I was starting a football team today I'd pick Hazard over Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar in an instant.

Youd Iniesta say in the prem on current age/form over Hazard? You crazy. His body would be kicked to bits and he would retire in 6 months

MFKS
27-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Youd Iniesta say in the prem on current age/form over Hazard? You crazy. His body would be kicked to bits and he would retire in 6 months

That would have to be the dumbest thing you have ever posted

Iniesta has survived in top flight football for a decade plus and cunce tried kicking him

Didnt work

plague
27-08-2018, 02:04 PM

a) If you dont understand my undying everlasting love for the greatest player of this generation then you need to read more of the foz.

b) the fact that Arzanis name was the other one left on the list may have tipped you off that there may have been a slight bit of cheek in the post.

But yeah, legit taking him over Ronnie and Messi though.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 02:41 PM
a) If you dont understand my undying everlasting love for the greatest player of this generation then you need to read more of the foz.

b) the fact that Arzanis name was the other one left on the list may have tipped you off that there may have been a slight bit of cheek in the post.

But yeah, legit taking him over Ronnie and Messi though.

But Azarni is better then half that list so I don't see the sarcasm point

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 02:42 PM
That would have to be the dumbest thing you have ever posted

Iniesta has survived in top flight football for a decade plus and cunce tried kicking him

Didnt work

Lol at thinking Spainish league players get kicked around.

plague
27-08-2018, 02:46 PM
But Azarni is better then half that list so I don't see the sarcasm point

Ok good good awesome, we are all on the same page now.

Jeterpool
27-08-2018, 02:46 PM

They'd be kicking him off the ball, because nobody would get near him.

MFKS
27-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Lol at thinking Spainish league players get kicked around.

Ypu recall the 2010 WC Final when BVM sent the Dutch out to kick the Spanish with or without the ball??

Iniesta scored the winning goal

Case ****ing closed

MFKS
27-08-2018, 02:55 PM

If your starting a team today and you are saying CR7 and Messi Modric Iniesta are past it etc

Griezemann
Mpabbe
Salah
De Bruyne
Toni Kroos
Suarez
Bale
Isco
Biscuits
Neymar

There is 10 I would take every day of the week ahead of the kid kicker

De Brunye on 1 leg today I would still have over Hazard

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 03:12 PM
If your starting a team today and you are saying CR7 and Messi Modric Iniesta are past it etc

Griezemann
Mpabbe
Salah
De Bruyne
Toni Kroos
Suarez
Bale
Isco
Biscuits
Neymar

Shows your lack of football knowledge

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2018, 03:33 PM
I’m rating Coutinho and Hazard as similar players and standard.
Both are amazing when they turn up, can have off games, but both capable of a moment of magic.

plague
27-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Griezemann
Mpabbe
Salah
De Bruyne
Toni Kroos
Suarez
Bale
Isco
Biscuits
Neymar

Griezmann: nah.

Mbappe: yeah good shout but not able to boss a game as good as Hazard (yet).

Salah: blimey, you're giving him that Harry Kane credit arent you?

De Bruyne: cant argue.

Kroos: love him, but let's face it, his best skill is passing it to someone better than him to do something flash. So nah.

Suarez: fun fact, is as old as Messi. Weird

Bale: bhahahaha, the human tampon? Give me strength plus has a man bun. No man bun should ever be praised.

Isco: love him. Genius. Wont hear a bad word.

Serge Bikkies: legit thought he was 46 years old (hes 29). Just a much better version of Kroos.

Neymar: dear god, you've gone silly.

plague
27-08-2018, 03:41 PM
I’m rating Coutinho and Hazard as similar players and standard.

Yeah great point. I'd have either for sure.

MFKS
27-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Shows your lack of football knowledge

Compared to you ??

All these blokes will be playing for sides duking it out for their domestic league titles as well as duking it out at the business end of the UCL

Your advocating that Hazard is on par with them or better when he cant even get his alleged big club into the UCL??

Please Sit down

Hazard is a flat track bully

Like comparing Joe Root to Smith or Kohli by mentioning hus name in this discussion

MFKS
27-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Griezmann: nah.
One of the most underrated footballers on the planet. Dont let your desire to want to punch his face in cloud your judgement

Mbappe: yeah good shout but not able to boss a game as good as Hazard (yet).
Mbappe has already won a WC Wake me up when Hazard wins somnething of note

Salah: blimey, you're giving him that Harry Kane credit arent you?
Bloke just keeps doing it. I aint thinking last season was a flash in the pan

De Bruyne: cant argue.

Kroos: love him, but let's face it, his best skill is passing it to someone better than him to do something flash. So nah.
Doesnt need to playing whete he does.
If he played in worst sides he would be viewed as a world beater. Sort of a bit likje how Hazard is biewed as good. Stands out in weask side

Suarez: fun fact, is as old as Messi. Weird

Bale: bhahahaha, the human tampon? Give me strength plus has a man bun. No man bun should ever be praised.

Isco: love him. Genius. Wont hear a bad word.

Serge Bikkies: legit thought he was 46 years old (hes 29). Just a much better version of Kroos.

Neymar: dear god, you've gone silly.
Neymar is in the top 5 footballers on the planet. Fit and firing then only 1 compares to him

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Salah played at Chelsea and was nowhere near the level of hazard. Granted didnt play much but has only had 1 world class season.

De bruyne I'll give you had a better epl season last year and is class but Hazard has dominated the prem since his arrival and has had numerous players player of the year awards. He also outshines De Bruyne for Belgium 90% of the time.

Neymar's is world class but doesn't effect a game for 90 mins like Hazard does. Dives too much as well.

Bale is injury prone so we've never seen consistent WC performances except for his last years at spurs where they won nothing.

The other players you mentioned are WC but can't be compared because they are in different positions or not Human eg Messi.

Comparing wingers as Hazard is. His only downside is he isn't clinical and selfish enough but every other aspect he is the best winger in the world hands down

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Let's add who was the third best player at the world cup behind Modric and Kante. Oh Hazard was

MFKS
27-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Salah played at Chelsea and was nowhere near the level of hazard. Granted didnt play much but has only had 1 world class season.

De bruyne I'll give you had a better epl season last year and is class but Hazard has dominated the prem since his arrival and has had numerous players player of the year awards. He also outshines De Bruyne for Belgium 90% of the time.

Neymar's is world class but doesn't effect a game for 90 mins like Hazard does. Dives too much as well.

Bale is injury prone so we've never seen consistent WC performances except for his last years at spurs where they won nothing.

The other players you mentioned are WC but can't be compared because they are in different positions or not Human eg Messi.

Comparing wingers as Hazard is. His only downside is he isn't clinical and selfish enough but every other aspect he is the best winger in the world hands down

Calls Neymar out on being a diving cheat but sees no evil in Hazard

FMD

MFKS
27-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Let's add who was the third best player at the world cup behind Modric and Kante. Oh Hazard was

Let me know how he goes in the UCL this season where all the elite players play

:brrr:

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Let me know how he goes in the UCL this season where all the elite players play

:brrr:

Not even going to list all the issues Conte caused last season which led to problems in the playing roster which caused us to finish 5th. I agree Hazard needs a good run in the UCL but to apply he dives even 5% of the time Neymar is ludicrous. I dont see Neymar with close to broken ankles every ligue 1 game and with refs who ignore fouls unless you go down

plague
27-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Attention attention.
{Clears throat}

Eden Hazard won the award for Top Assist Provider at the 2016 European Championships.

Ladies and gentlemen I do believe that settles the argument in favour of Plague and Stanny.

The Member is entitled to take his L and head on home.

Thank you.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Attention attention.
{Clears throat}

Eden Hazard won the award for Top Assist Provider at the 2016 European Championships.

Ladies and gentlemen I do believe that settles the argument in favour of Plague and Stanny.

The Member is entitled to take his L and head on home.

Thank you.

He was a joy to watch that tournament

Jeterpool
27-08-2018, 06:53 PM
:popcorn:

MFKS
27-08-2018, 07:10 PM
He was a joy to watch that tournament

Still waiting for him to turn up in that game v Wales

Also Stanny if the bloke was that good why has no big Euro club signed him

By that I mean a UCL side ??

All this speculation about him going to Real is just complete BS from Hazards agent to rip more Rubles from Roman

If Real are going to sign someone they going for Neymar Mbappe types etc

ie The real deal

Not flat track bullies

MFKS
27-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Not even going to list all the issues Conte caused last season which led to problems in the playing roster which caused us to finish 5th. I agree Hazard needs a good run in the UCL but to apply he dives even 5% of the time Neymar is ludicrous. I dont see Neymar with close to broken ankles every ligue 1 game and with refs who ignore fouls unless you go down

You making out like Neymar doesnt get kicked each game

FMD

Tell you what Messi Neymar etc get fouled more than anyone else to think they havent copped right kickings their career is a joke

pv4
27-08-2018, 08:00 PM
take his L

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7abspvhYHpMnHSuc/giphy.gif

plague
27-08-2018, 08:28 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/piTERt2CEdrLt2WLv0/giphy.webp
https://media1.giphy.com/media/pMIAVROc0et68/200w.webp
https://i.giphy.com/media/3o7TKQ8WWcdpXoPKx2/200w.webp
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6EhWJDIrS3zAGmqc/200.webp
https://i.giphy.com/media/yX8PN7T58DqQo/giphy.webp

everyone giving it to the Member.
Poor bloke.

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2018, 08:31 PM

I’ll take Salah everyday of the week thanks. Big props to Chelsea for giving him away.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 08:37 PM
I’ll take Salah everyday of the week thanks. Big props to Chelsea for giving him away.

Probs on Salah for being shit everytime we picked him

MFKS
27-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Or you could say Salah and DeBruyne both really kicked on as soon as they moved onto bigger clubs than Chelsea

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Or you could say Salah and DeBruyne both really kicked on as soon as they moved onto bigger clubs than Chelsea

If they were good enough and were prepared to work. De bruyne and Salah couldnt get in the team over Willian as good as he is, Isnt as good as those two

Frodo
27-08-2018, 11:05 PM
If they were good enough and were prepared to work. De bruyne and Salah couldnt get in the team over Willian as good as he is, Isnt as good as those two

Oh Stanny, never change.

Frodo
27-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Also Plague, if you ever talk of Hazard and Iniesta being of comparable skill again I'll be very sad. Even now, in the Asian leagues I'd take Iniesta at my club over Hazard.

Hazard is a poor mans Neymar. Everything that Hazard does, including being lazy and diving, Neymar does better.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Also Plague, if you ever talk of Hazard and Iniesta being of comparable skill again I'll be very sad. Even now, in the Asian leagues I'd take Iniesta at my club over Hazard.

Hazard is a poor mans Neymar. Everything that Hazard does, including being lazy and diving, Neymar does better.

OMG just when you think the banter fest is over here comes another.

Jeterpool
28-08-2018, 08:46 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

plague
28-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Also Plague, if you ever talk of Hazard and Iniesta being of comparable skill again I'll be very sad.

There is a list.
Iniesta is 1st.

Someone has to fill the spots 3rd through to last.

Hazard is closer to 3rd than he is to last.

Your boy Plague would never dare suggest the Don Iniesta has a rival.
Nope. Never.

MFKS
28-08-2018, 12:41 PM
OMG just when you think the banter fest is over here comes another.

Banter??

I am dead seerious when I say Hazard isnt in the top 10 footballers on the planet

Bloke isnt even close to 10th either

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Banter??

I am dead seerious when I say Hazard isnt in the top 10 footballers on the planet

Bloke isnt even close to 10th either

Funny how most pundits and top players wouldnt agree with you, But hey thats opinions right

Frodo
28-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Funny how most pundits and top players wouldnt agree with you, But hey thats opinions right

Most?? You sure... He gets slated pretty hard for not being as good as he was 2 years ago every 3rd or 4th game.

If he was top 10, Real would have bought him in the summer. He is top 10 when on form, but his level has dropped over the last 2 years.

MFKS
28-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Funny though how the Managers of the big clubs who want to win titles and want to be involved in the business end of the UCL seem to see nothing in Hazard though

plague
28-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Funny though how the Managers of the big clubs who want to win titles and want to be involved in the business end of the UCL seem to see nothing in Hazard though

to be fair though a club like Liverpool tells everyone they want to win trophies then everytime they get a generational talent they sell them off and keep blokes like Gerrard and Carragher so yeah.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 01:47 PM
to be fair though a club like liverpool tells everyone they want to win trophies then everytime they get a generational talent they sell them off and keep blokes like gerrard and carragher so yeah.

boom

MFKS
28-08-2018, 02:17 PM
to be fair though a club like Liverpool tells everyone they want to win trophies then everytime they get a generational talent they sell them off and keep blokes like Gerrard and Carragher so yeah.

I was talking about clubs that will legitimately be competing for titles and UCL crowns

Why in ****sname did you bring the Scousers into the equation here??

Keep to the subject at hand

We both know they aint winning shit anytime soon

Cunce are already celebrating being ahead of City 3 games in FFS

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 02:29 PM
I was talking about clubs that will legitimately be competing for titles and UCL crowns

Keep to the subject at hand

We both know they aint winning shit anytime soon

Cunce are already celebrating being ahead of City 3 games in FFS

Hey let the middle table clubs have their moment. Its all they get

Jeterpool
28-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Why hasn't someone involved Arsenal or Spurs in this yet?

I haven't seen a thread go off like this for a while...

Frodo
28-08-2018, 04:13 PM

Must be a hazardous topic for some people. (Myself included)

MFKS
28-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Because neither of them are going to win anything or even compete for anything and neither of them have any exceptional players that could be classed as world class either

So why would their names have come up ??

Jeterpool
28-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Because neither of them are going to win anything or even compete for anything and neither of them have any exceptional players that could be classed as world class either

So why would their names have come up ??

If that's the logic why are you talking about Chelsea?

MFKS
28-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Because someone claimed Hazard was in the top handful in the world

Bloke plays for a club that is not even in the UCL because quite frankly they aint good enough

This is how low the UCL standards are even a side as shit as Man U ****ing qualified

plague
28-08-2018, 04:44 PM

because most of the players on your best of list were on teams that finished behind Liverpool in the UCL last season.

i mean im here for the giggle with ya and all but you gotta remember some of the youth looking at you like you're a real dope.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-08-2018, 04:48 PM

I'd take Eriksen over Hazard.

MFKS
28-08-2018, 04:58 PM
because most of the players on your best of list were on teams that finished behind Liverpool in the UCL last season.

i mean im here for the giggle with ya and all but you gotta remember some of the youth looking at you like you're a real dope.

It is a knock out comp

Who did they beat ??

Barca?? PSG?? Bayern??

Nope

As soon as they come up against a decent side they shit themselves and got rolled

plague
28-08-2018, 05:11 PM

never won a EPL, UCL, A-League or World Cup trophy.
Member says hes trash.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 05:12 PM

You just did 😋

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 05:12 PM

Different players

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 05:13 PM

Also when was the last time liverpool won anything?

MFKS
28-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Member says hes trash.

That **** was made to look second rate by the 2018 Socceroos FFS

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-08-2018, 05:43 PM
Different players

You're right. Everyone on the aforementioned list is a like for like player.
My bad.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Member says hes trash.

Eridivisie > EPL bro.
Just ask Mateja Kezman.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Eridivisie > EPL bro.
Just ask Mateja Kezman.

Rubbish for us but did score against the pool in the league cup final, So some happy memories

Bon
29-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Like Jeterpool, I've been consuming bulk amounts of popcorn while watching this scrap of a thread..

I'm confused though. Where has this sudden hatred for Liverpool come from, Stanny??

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Godwin’s law, but with Liverpool.

Jeterpool
29-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Like Jeterpool, I've been consuming bulk amounts of popcorn while watching this scrap of a thread..

I'm confused though. Where has this sudden hatred for Liverpool come from, Stanny??

The apparent "ghost goal" is my bet. he's always hated Liverpool :lulz:

I haven't had this much fun since the birds thread, but the shitstirring in here is something special.

plague
29-08-2018, 11:06 AM

because Liverpool are like Star Wars, the best thing in the 70's and 80's, but only kind of ok now*.
regardless of that, both their fans carry on like its still the greatest thing ever, whereas all the kids are watching Marvel now.

*this was not my hot take, i liked it and stole it.

StannyCFCJET
29-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Ghost goal, The FSW, Their supporters the list goes on