View Full Version : The Daily International News Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

StannyCFCJET
23-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Banned from the French National team as well I think

Frodo
23-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned from the French National team as well I think

Everyone is banned from the French national team nowadays. Deschamps is a very arrogant man. Luckily for him they managed to win the World cup otherwise he was 100% getting punted once they were knocked out.

plague
23-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Underage prostitute case with Ribery [Case eventually dropped], doesn't sing the French National Anthem, alleged blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Case also dropped I think]... he's no stranger to controversy - but he's no doubt a target as well.

wow, that seems like......a lot.

also goes to show that all the wokeness in the world doesnt matter if you're banging the goals in.

him, Suarez, Vardy. everyone hates you til you get the winner in the 90th huh.

MFKS
23-10-2019, 07:25 PM
CR7
Messi

And who is the other one on that list??

Frodo
23-10-2019, 07:31 PM
CR7
Messi

And who is the other one on that list??

Raul.

Lewandowski is 5th, which is pretty good.

plague
23-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Raul.

Lewandowski is 5th, which is pretty good.

yeah theres a good chance both Benzema and Lewandowski both catch Raul too.
when you think of both those blokes, one has always been in the 'best striker of his era' conversation and the other has always seemed like a stop gap.

Macca
24-10-2019, 07:18 AM
yeah theres a good chance both Benzema and Lewandowski both catch Raul too.
when you think of both those blokes, one has always been in the 'best striker of his era' conversation and the other has always seemed like a stop gap.

Benzema has a poor rep since he's been generally asked to play second fiddle to CR, often meaning he played as somewhat of a false 9 - although he's done so extremely well and still managed to contribute his own goals too.

Watch some clips of him playing in the French league.

Just looking at his goal stats, he's never been in the same conversation as those shooting for a goal a game. But no doubt he's a top player. Apparently, adjusting for subs etc, he's at 0.77 goals per 90 minutes.

I guess the other thing with the list is opportunity - the thing in common with that list is players who've played a long time at clubs that regularly appeared in the business end year on year.

Bon
15-11-2019, 08:25 AM
U17 World Cup semi is on right now.. Mexico vs Netherlands..
Looks like its just starting for penalty shoot out!

Live stream on TWG:
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match/3070700/mexico-u17-vs-netherlands-u17

MFKS
01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
One game to go in the HAL season and Ange Postecoglou is on the brink of being the first Skip manager to win a foreign league title

His Yokahama F Marinos play 2nd placed FC Tokyo at home next Saturday with a 3 point lead and only need to avoid losing by 4 goals to win the J League

Amazing achievement for a Skip coach and hopefully the catalyst for more Slips getting opportunity around the world

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 01:57 PM
King Carlo sacked. Expect Arsenal to move in for him

Frodo
11-12-2019, 03:45 PM
King Carlo sacked. Expect Arsenal to move in for him

He's up for the Everton job alongside Emery and Niko Kovac.

Arsenal are looking at Paulo Sousa and Marcelino right now. Arteta is still the front runner but I think he's making sure he doesn't have the City job next year if Pep leaves. If Pep is staying we get Arteta, if Pep is leaving we don't.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 04:03 PM
He's up for the Everton job alongside Emery and Niko Kovac.

Arsenal are looking at Paulo Sousa and Marcelino right now. Arteta is still the front runner but I think he's making sure he doesn't have the City job next year if Pep leaves. If Pep is staying we get Arteta, if Pep is leaving we don't.

Arteta doesn't improve your position. Carlo can handle the egos and lazy players

Frodo
11-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Arteta doesn't improve your position. Carlo can handle the egos and lazy players

Just like he did at Napoli? Someone hasn't been paying attention to situations outside of London...

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Just like he did at Napoli? Someone hasn't been paying attention to situations outside of London...

Got them out of the group stage in the UCL. I think he's been harshly treated

Frodo
11-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Got them out of the group stage in the UCL. I think he's been harshly treated

There was a full on mutiny by the players. De Laurentiis fined the players €2.5 million in total over the entire squad, and then a month later he also sacked Carlo.

Things are not well in Naples and there were definitely some egos that went unchecked. Which was the point I was making. Hopefully we don't get him, I think he's lost it now. He couldn't deal with Bayern and lost the Napoli dressing room as well.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 07:00 PM
There was a full on mutiny by the players. De Laurentiis fined the players €2.5 million in total over the entire squad, and then a month later he also sacked Carlo.

Things are not well in Naples and there were definitely some egos that went unchecked. Which was the point I was making. Hopefully we don't get him, I think he's lost it now. He couldn't deal with Bayern and lost the Napoli dressing room as well.

Think everyone would lose that dressing room. Whos your number 1 choice? Allegri if hell come?

Frodo
11-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Think everyone would lose that dressing room. Whos your number 1 choice? Allegri if hell come?

If rather have Emery back than Allegri. Luckily he was ruled out during the last interview when we got Emery. Wants an unlimited budget and huge wages. Hasn't done anything to deserve it either other than win a fairly mediocre league with a club that has a history of paying off refs and cheating the system.

There's a reason he's still without a job.

Frodo
11-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Think everyone would lose that dressing room.

Also, why would anyone lose that dressing room?? They have no big name players and aren't on huge wages at all. They also have very loyal players who never gesture for moves away.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Also, why would anyone lose that dressing room?? They have no big name players and aren't on huge wages at all. They also have very loyal players who never gesture for moves away.

Pretty sure previous Managers had issues with player power before like Rafa

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Juve player tested positive for coronavirus

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1237893947243913218

Frodo
12-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Juve player tested positive for coronavirus

Said player is Daniel Rugani.

Daniel Radcliffe has it as well.

MFKS
13-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Bundesliga

French League

UCL

Europa League

Now all off thanks to Corona

The HAL should be able to go ahead at least on the Gypo Coast and at Western United as they both get crowds under 500

StannyCFCJET
13-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Prem season could be voided

MFKS
13-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Prem season could be voided

Either way it is a win win

If the season is voided then 2 options exist

Liverpool are given the trophy and we can forever remind them that they didn't ACTUALLY win it

Or

Liverpool are denied the comp and no one wins and the salt will be epic

Worse thing that could happen is games to be played

Call it off now ***

MFKS
13-03-2020, 10:16 PM
No.EPL until April 3 now

Bremsstrahlung
14-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Too much money in the game not to finish the season one way or another, whenever it is safe to do so.
Mainly speaking from a promotion/relegation point of view. It would be huge to deny Leeds, WBA and others their shot at promotion.
I think we will see a very condensed season behind closed doors. Just a mid season break.

Y’all will still get to watch Liverpool implode.

redwah
14-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Either way it is a win win

If the season is voided then 2 options exist

Liverpool are given the trophy and we can forever remind them that they didn't ACTUALLY win it

Or

Liverpool are denied the comp and no one wins and the salt will be epic

Worse thing that could happen is games to be played

Call it off now ***

Or human beings don’t catch a potentially fatal virus and football isn’t as important as life.....you ****wit

MFKS
14-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Or human beings don’t catch a potentially fatal virus and football isn’t as important as life.....you ****wit

3 people in Australia all over the age of 78 have died
That is absolutely sweet **** all compared to other causes of death

I ain't believing the hype from lying politicians or Journalists who are both confirmed habitual liars

The Dunster
14-03-2020, 02:16 PM
3 people in Australia all over the age of 78 have died
That is absolutely sweet **** all compared to other causes of death

I ain't believing the hype from lying politicians or Journalists who are both confirmed habitual liars

The more deadly a disease is the easier it is to contain / isolate from spreading globally. Ebola virus being a good example. You get Ebola - you die quickly limiting your chances of spreading it globally.

The problem with Coronavirus is that it takes quite a while for people to show any symptoms and hence why it's hard to contain it from spreading.

Young people appear to not face a death sentence from infection and as such make perfect hosts to transport the virus to those more vulnerable.

Nobody knows how things will pan out in Australia - but if Italy is any example then the sooner we act on limiting it spreading the better.

StannyCFCJET
18-03-2020, 09:53 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11959233/european-leagues-commit-to-june-30-finishes-according-to-uefa-statement

The Dunster
24-03-2020, 10:21 AM
FFA have postponed the season - games to be rescheduled when virus flattens......

They will review the situation on April 22nd 2020.

MFKS
24-03-2020, 08:05 PM
FFA have postponed the season - games to be rescheduled when virus flattens......

They will review the situation on April 22nd 2020.

We better be allowed to go when the games are played

No more behind closed Door shit

We got the longest off season ever

Imyourhero
24-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Assuming then local football won't be able to be played before this date then too?

cowolter
28-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Too much money in the game not to finish the season one way or another, whenever it is safe to do so.
Mainly speaking from a promotion/relegation point of view. It would be huge to deny Leeds, WBA and others their shot at promotion.
I think we will see a very condensed season behind closed doors. Just a mid season break.

Y’all will still get to watch Liverpool implode.

Hi. newbie here)

Considering the huge popularity of Premier League football in countries like Japan and Korea, possible for the EPL clubs to be granted permission to fly their squads over to those countries where the COVID-19 threat has been managed and (should it be safe to do so) play the remaining matches in their stadiums before sellout crowds?

The teams would get to play in front of full houses, security would be impeccable in those countries and it would be a treat for those fans to see Premiership football on their doorstep- as well as a great cash cow for the EPL.
onplanners (https://onplanners.com/invitations/wedding-suite)

MFKS
28-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Hi. newbie here)

Considering the huge popularity of Premier League football in countries like Japan and Korea, possible for the EPL clubs to be granted permission to fly their squads over to those countries where the COVID-19 threat has been managed and (should it be safe to do so) play the remaining matches in their stadiums before sellout crowds?

The teams would get to play in front of full houses, security would be impeccable in those countries and it would be a treat for those fans to see Premiership football on their doorstep- as well as a great cash cow for the EPL.

That will require those countries to be prepared to allow foreigners into their countries

I doubt UK Residents will be allowed in to foreign countries until the situation in the UK is under control

Being the situation is under control the need to play games Outside of the UK becomes redundant

Jetmaster
08-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Bundesliga resumes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52576780

Takes the "world first" aspect away from the NRL.

Retro Jet
03-10-2020, 12:05 AM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1798769731671/copenhagen-score-hilarious-own-goal?playlist=latest-videos-twg

Didn't know where to post this.

You think you've seen it all but football never fails to creat the bizzare an unimaginable.
Can't.write.this.shit. :rof:

EDIT:- TWG vid removed.
Here it is for eternity on UToob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivfTNE9WDGo

Frodo
03-10-2020, 05:53 AM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1798769731671/copenhagen-score-hilarious-own-goal?playlist=latest-videos-twg

Didn't know where to post this.

You think you've seen it all but football never fails to creat the bizzare an unimaginable.
Can't.write.this.shit. :rof:

I saw that. It's beautiful and unfortunately I can relate to this more than almost any other professional goal I've ever seen, haha.

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 02:01 PM
**** this super league, it'll get no support from me and Chelsea can get ****ed if they persist with it

Bremsstrahlung
19-04-2021, 03:29 PM
Can somebody clarify wtf this is?
Is it instead of EPL etc? Or is it in conjunction with? Like when is this supposed to be played/happen?

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 03:41 PM
Can somebody clarify wtf this is?
Is it instead of EPL etc? Or is it in conjunction with? Like when is this supposed to be played/happen?

Basically as I understand its to replace the UCL but only involving the "Big Teams" and they get more money and smaller clubs cant qualify. As much as I hate it's funny how theve included a team that hasn't won the league since 2004 and a team that hasnt won it since the 60s and say its for big teams

Bremsstrahlung
19-04-2021, 05:28 PM
And like if FIFA is so against it, can’t they veto it?

Does it replace UCL?
Does it replace EPL?

I don’t really have a problem with it from what I know. But I feel like I don’t fully understand it.
To me it sounds like a pre season comp, but in the middle of the season with clubs trying to profit from One another’s success.
I think the clubs should be free to compete how they please, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of their domestic of existing obligations.
Atm, can clubs decline to participate in UCL if they qualify?

I feel like I’m not grasping the concept and it’s ramifications.

Like if they plan on disrupting the UCL or EPL, then I agree it’s wrong. But if they just wanna have a competition between themselves at some
Point and still do everything else, go for it.

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 05:34 PM

Does it replace UCL?
Does it replace EPL?

I don’t really have a problem with it from what I know. But I feel like I don’t fully understand it.
To me it sounds like a pre season comp, but in the middle of the season with clubs trying to profit from One another’s success.
I think the clubs should be free to compete how they please, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of their domestic of existing obligations.

Like if they plan on disrupting the UCL or EPL, then I agree it’s wrong. But if they just wanna have a competition between themselves at some

The big clubs wont be in the UCL, Fifa and UEFA threatening to ban players invovled from domestic and internation competitions and been talk of kicking the "big 6" out of the prem (Which will never happen)

Frodo
19-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Does it replace UCL?
Does it replace EPL?

Effectively it's I place of UCL and UEL competitions, well that's how it was planned by the big 12. The plan is to have 20 teams, with 15 of those as permanently in the comp and 5 qualifying each year from other leagues. They play as 2 X 10 team groups and the top 8 all play a finals series like we do. Games would be moved all around the world to promote it more and allow other countries to see the best players each week. The big 15 (the current 12 plus Bayern, PSG and Dortmund) would never be dropped from comp and wouldn't need to qualify through the league.

Now, FIFA, UEFA, FA, Serie A and La Liga have told these teams that they won't be allowed to compete in their domestic leagues if anyone chooses to join the Super League, as well as banning player from playing International fixtures. So it would become an entirely closed league with the same teams and players facing each other. All the money from big game football is funneled directly into these giant clubs owners pockets and nothing will trickle down to the smaller teams and competitions. Domestic leagues would have less funds and would slowly drop off, lower divisions would likely fold after a few years.

It's everything wrong with modern football ownership magnified.

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 05:48 PM
The German clubs have said no to the super league pretty sure

Frodo
19-04-2021, 05:48 PM
The premier league ****ed up when they first allowed Chelsea to buy their titles, they tried to correct their mistake with FFP when City did it and failed miserably. So now these owners have become even more brazen and want to guarantee their financial success for the foreseeable future. Wenger said this would happen a decade ago and anyone who's surprised by it obviously wasn't paying enough attention, this was unfortunately inevitable.

Hopefully the FA has the balls to deduct all these teams points and and let them try to make it without the local fans immediately. I'm ok with my club having to start again from the 5th tier, along with the other 5 teams, as long as they do something to stop this happening again with clubs going bankrupt chasing promotion and oligarchs treating teams like play things.

Frodo
19-04-2021, 05:50 PM
The German clubs have said no to the super league pretty sure

They are just waiting for the anger to die down before announcing their plans to join.

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 05:59 PM
The premier league ****ed up when they first allowed Chelsea to buy their titles, they tried to correct their mistake with FFP when City did it and failed miserably. So now these owners have become even more brazen and want to guarantee their financial success for the foreseeable future. Wenger said this would happen a decade ago and anyone who's surprised by it obviously wasn't paying enough attention, this was unfortunately inevitable.

Hopefully the FA has the balls to deduct all these teams points and and let them try to make it without the local fans immediately. I'm ok with my club having to start again from the 5th tier, along with the other 5 teams, as long as they do something to stop this happening again with clubs going bankrupt chasing promotion and oligarchs treating teams like play things.

So they were ok with Arsenal and Man United buying trophies in the 90s and early 2000s?

Frodo
19-04-2021, 06:36 PM
So they were ok with Arsenal and Man United buying trophies in the 90s and early 2000s?

Let's discuss the issue at hand first and you and I can pick this little discussion up later on Stan, cool?

StannyCFCJET
19-04-2021, 06:52 PM
Let's discuss the issue at hand first and you and I can pick this little discussion up later on Stan, cool?

You started with that cheap shot but at least we both agree the super league is ****ed and shouldnt happen. I want that feeling of winning the UCL again not some manufactured super league

Frodo
19-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Dortmund have just distanced themselves from the ESL and their boss said Bayern are on the same page, expect an announcement from them soon.

Also PSG supposedly just helped push through the new 36 team UCL format today, so they might also not be keen on ESL. That's another positive.

Spurs sacking Mourinho today is gonna be missed by everyone, well played Levy.

Bremsstrahlung
19-04-2021, 08:10 PM
Just saw the Mourinho news.

I just don’t see how it goes ahead.
If the FIFA and UEFA threats are serious, they must have some legal motives behind them, and I can’t see managers, players and fans getting behind it to make it viable.
The general public over there must be unhappy with proposal. Would spark league wide protests. From a PR perspective it seems a nightmare.

Frodo
19-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Just saw the Mourinho news.

I just don’t see how it goes ahead.
If the FIFA and UEFA threats are serious, they must have some legal motives behind them, and I can’t see managers, players and fans getting behind it to make it viable.
The general public over there must be unhappy with proposal. Would spark league wide protests. From a PR perspective it seems a nightmare.

They already discussed that "project big picture" thing last year, which didn't go well. Then they've tried this one, which I agree will fail, but eventually they'll get enough people to think UEFA and FIFA are the ones causing the issues at grass roots level and not a mix of those 2 and these shitty owners. Eventually they are bound to find enough support.

Interestingly someone at the FA put forward the idea of adopting the 50+1 ownership requirements like the Bundesliga. Supposedly garnered substantial support in any penalty the FA and UK government are going to discuss implementing on the breakaway teams, and the football pyramid in general.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Little bit of devils advocacy here, little bit of curiosity/lack of understanding the finer details. Not supporting it, just exploring it.

What’s stopping these clubs entering a private “exhibition” tournament, operated by a private company?
Seems a similar concept to the Champions Cup tours which had no qualification, were selected randomly by the private company operating it.

The main difference I can see is the timing and their proposed boycott of UCL and UEL.
I’m assuming their proposal is to have this played mid season, and at the expense of these clubs participation in UCL and UEL. Which I think is wrong.
Now, if clubs were able to participate in EPL, UCL and UEL and field competitive teams and not degrade these competitions. Would it be problem?
If the competition was played in the off season, is it a problem?
Who is going to be interested in another competition? And off season Mickey Mouse tournament?

I understand the kick in the teeth to history and going against the whole qualification process of our most successful competitions. But is there anything stopping these privately operated clubs entering a private tournament not affiliated with FIFA or UEFA etc.

Would fans support it enough to make it viable? I doubt it.
I could see it happening for a few years and support wouldn’t be there and a waste of time and money.

Ghost of Plague
20-04-2021, 07:28 AM
You lot realise this Super League has been happening for years in front of your faces right?
Every pre season teams go to Asia and America for these mini tournaments, they sell lots of tickets they get great govt kickbacks and sell extra TV rights.
They have been doing it for ages but now just want to formalise it mid season instead.
For every whinging Stretford well 'ard local having a moan at the moment there are hundreds of thousands of new customers in USA/China/India willing to fork over good money to watch their 'beloved' Man United play.
This aint about Stanny and his bi annual purchase of a new plastic flag, its about someone in Jakarta forking out for an Amazon TV package.
You people mean absolutely nothing to these clubs because there's always someone willing to take your place. Hate on it all you want but the irony of a bunch of blokes in Australia moaning about the globalization of football is laughable. If clubs should only care about locals you'd be 100% Jets and no one else.
You and your fandom from across the sea is what entices these owners to seek more of people like you.

Now, once again its probably just a leverage play to get more Champions League revenue and will go back in the box til negotiations are next due, but the inevitability of this should never be doubted.

To be fair id leave Roman out of the convo here on asshole owners, he actually looks like he just spends to win. The FSG/Kronke/Glazer cabal look like winning is a pleasant by product of making money. But seriously, **** those Juve crooks. What scum they seem to be.

Frodo
20-04-2021, 07:46 AM
To clarify my views, it's hard to be disgusted with what's been put forward without sounding like you are happy with the current situation or backing UEFA and FIFA, whom I think are turgid piles of excrement who are leeching off the game and selling it to the crooks of the world already. The FA don't actually give a shit about lower leagues either, they only care about losing the big 6 clubs from their product if this Super League takes off.

Also, you're correct that this won't go through Plagueis the not-so-wise (star wars reference), and it's just a bargaining chip during these new UCL expansion talks. More teams means less money for the teams in question, so they are trying to drive a big enough wedge in between fans and UEFA so that they can somehow take over control of the major European competition, whether now or in the future.

Realistically, all they actually needed to do is expand the UEL and UEL conference to include more teams (looks like your helping the small clubs) whilst shrinking the UCL and turn it into a touring gig like you and Brem mentioned about pre season games. 20 team comp and make it coefficient based more instead of qualified for. Top 16 coefficients + the last 4 of the Europa League from the year before. Two groups of 10 play a mid week league, top 4 from each go into finals. Top 16 right now would be Bayern, Real, Barca, City, Juve, Atletico, PSG, United, Liverpool, Sevilla, Arsenal, Chelsea, Dortmund, Tottenham, Porto and Roma. Effectively you trick people into thinking you're allowing promotion but make it extremely hard to do so, cause every point in the top league would be worth 3 in the lower league which increases the top teams coefficients.

pv4
20-04-2021, 08:02 AM
As much as I hate it's funny how theve included a team that hasn't won the league since 2004 and a team that hasnt won it since the 60s and say its for big teams

Am surprised Inter are in it also.

pv4
20-04-2021, 08:05 AM
To clarify my views, it's hard to be disgusted with what's been put forward without sounding like you are happy with the current situation or backing UEFA and FIFA, whom I think are turgid piles of excrement who are leeching off the game and selling it to the crooks of the world already. The FA don't actually give a shit about lower leagues either, they only care about losing the big 6 clubs from their product if this Super League takes off.

Preach

Ghost of Plague
20-04-2021, 08:33 AM
Also, this whole BHUHHHH ARSENAL ARE 16TH WHAT MAKES THEM SUPER? take is silly.
Super refers to revenue and marketability. Nothing else.

Ghost of Plague
20-04-2021, 08:43 AM
Also, its been funny seeing the same assholes who were more than happy to see people censored during the US election "BUUH JUST START YOUR OWN SOCIAL MEDIA COMPANY" are now very much against the free market flexing on them.

Where are their tweets telling West Ham and Betis to form their own Super League?

Frodo
20-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Also, its been funny seeing the same assholes who were more than happy to see people censored during the US election "BUUH JUST START YOUR OWN SOCIAL MEDIA COMPANY" are now very much against the free market flexing on them.

Where are their tweets telling West Ham and Betis to form their own Super League?

Hol up.

What's happening isn't exactly what you are implying here. These clubs aren't fully breaking away. They want to stay in the premier league and enjoy feeding off that plate as well as their own Super league buffet. If they want to split completely, or get booted, I'm totally fine with this. This can be something different to normal football, they can even change the rules to whatever they want, and the regular leagues can cling on for a few years, drop the spending down to suit whatever tv deal they get and there will be two separate games to watch. I would love that, even if there's absolutely zero chance of any of it happening. The league will fold and football will never be the same once this goes through.

Ghost of Plague
20-04-2021, 09:15 AM
Hol up.

What's happening isn't exactly what you are implying here. These clubs aren't fully breaking away. They want to stay in the premier league and enjoy feeding off that plate as well as their own Super league buffet. If they want to split completely, or get booted, I'm totally fine with this. This can be something different to normal football, they can even change the rules to whatever they want, and the regular leagues can cling on for a few years, drop the spending down to suit whatever tv deal they get and there will be two separate games to watch. I would love that, even if there's absolutely zero chance of any of it happening. The league will fold and football will never be the same once this goes through.

No, what im saying is that if these clubs want a Super League then cool.
If the Prem wants to kick them out then cool.
If UEFA bans them from ECL and players from Europe then cool.
If FIFA bans them from world cups then cool.

I just want everyone to understand what the rules are and accept that they have to be consistent.

Again though we both agree it won't happen.

Frodo
20-04-2021, 10:04 AM
No, what im saying is that if these clubs want a Super League then cool.
If the Prem wants to kick them out then cool.
If UEFA bans them from ECL and players from Europe then cool.
If FIFA bans them from world cups then cool.

I just want everyone to understand what the rules are and accept that they have to be consistent.

Again though we both agree it won't happen.

Oh, sorry. Misunderstood you there.

Frodo
21-04-2021, 06:36 AM
Here comes the inevitable implosion of the SL.

But what happens next is gonna be very very interesting.

Bremsstrahlung
21-04-2021, 07:15 AM
So England plans to introduce government laws to prevent it.
Don’t FIFA have a thing about governments interfering with the game? Or do they turn a blind eye when it aligns with their needs?

Very curious to see who holds their nerve the longest. Has to be Man U and the yanks running LFC for the EPL.
Curious what the managers and players think. Can’t imagine Klopp loving the idea, can’t see Spurs attracting a new manager anytime soon with their interest, seems like something any sensible players should should be boycotting too.

Jeterpool
21-04-2021, 07:57 AM
So England plans to introduce government laws to prevent it.
Don’t FIFA have a thing about governments interfering with the game? Or do they turn a blind eye when it aligns with their needs?

Very curious to see who holds their nerve the longest. Has to be Man U and the yanks running LFC for the EPL.
Curious what the managers and players think. Can’t imagine Klopp loving the idea, can’t see Spurs attracting a new manager anytime soon with their interest, seems like something any sensible players should should be boycotting too.

Liverpool have just pulled out too. Statement reads "Liverpool Football Club can confirm that our involvement in proposed plans to form a European Super League has been discontinued.

In recent days, the club has received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally, and we would like to thank them for their valuable contributions."

The Liverpool squad publicly shared they would not participate.

Regardless of this, the owners of all these clubs have been tarnished because of their decision.

Frodo
21-04-2021, 08:02 AM
City are friends with Ceferin of UEFA, they left first and Chelsea went at basically the same time. The other 4 then had a discussion and shat themselves before leaving. Liverpool, Spuds and Arsenal are officially leaving as I write this. So they obviously are all running back with their tails between their legs.

Frodo
21-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Arsenal's statement went like this.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

Lol, how pitiful does that sound. We only did it because we didn't want to be left behind, mate we are already being left behind by your shitty decisions and the disgusting owner that we've hated since the day he bought us out.

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2021, 09:08 AM
Chelsea getting praised as the 1st club to pull our of the ESL. Feels weird. Hopefully we smash Madrid next week but we shouldn't forget when almost happened this week

Frodo
21-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Chelsea getting praised as the 1st club to pull our of the ESL. Feels weird. Hopefully we smash Madrid next week but we shouldn't forget when almost happened this week

Are you still ok with Roman owning your club?

Cause I want all 6 owners to be forced to sell asap, especially Kroenke the leech. They all don't deserve the privilege that owning a premier league club brings IMO. Glazers look like they'll sell up next year and FSG look like they won't be allowed to keep Liverpool by the reaction of their main fanbase and people involved with the club. This could be a watershed moment for world football if this keeps going and ends with everyone taking on UEFA and FIFA and does something about the level of corruption within the game.

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Are you still ok with Roman owning your club?

Cause I want all 6 owners to be forced to sell asap, especially Kroenke the leech. They all don't deserve the privilege that owning a premier league club brings IMO. Glazers look like they'll sell up next year and FSG look like they won't be allowed to keep Liverpool by the reaction of their main fanbase and people involved with the club. This could be a watershed moment for world football if this keeps going and ends with everyone taking on UEFA and FIFA and does something about the level of corruption within the game.

It's a weird one. What I'm seeing Roman didnt really want to join but had no choice and once more info about what it is came out he began procedures to pull out. I guess I'm still ok with Roman but he wont have any good standing left if he tries anything again

Jeterpool
21-04-2021, 10:39 AM
It's a weird one. What I'm seeing Roman didnt really want to join but had no choice and once more info about what it is came out he began procedures to pull out. I guess I'm still ok with Roman but he wont have any good standing left if he tries anything again

That's what they want you to think mate. Beware taking at face value.

They all knew what they were doing.

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2021, 10:59 AM
That's what they want you to think mate. Beware taking at face value.

They all knew what they were doing.

Im not taking anything at face value from Chelsea but several journos who I trust have said similar things who knows. If I had to pick from all the current "Top 6" owners Id pick Roman every time

Frodo
21-04-2021, 11:23 AM
Im not taking anything at face value from Chelsea but several journos who I trust have said similar things who knows. If I had to pick from all the current "Top 6" owners Id pick Roman every time

The contract they all signed was 171 pages long and JP Morgan needed assurances from each club before getting on board. Roman and the others knew what they were doing for months.

It just seems to be that the wealthiest clubs pulled out first because they didn't actually need the money (City and Chelsea) and then it went down the list (Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Inter) from best financial position to least. Juve, Barca and Real are drowning in debt and will cling to this until the very last.

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2021, 12:19 PM
The contract they all signed was 171 pages long and JP Morgan needed assurances from each club before getting on board. Roman and the others knew what they were doing for months.

It just seems to be that the wealthiest clubs pulled out first because they didn't actually need the money (City and Chelsea) and then it went down the list (Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Inter) from best financial position to least. Juve, Barca and Real are drowning in debt and will cling to this until the very last.

I reckon Perez hid something. Would fit his character

Ghost of Plague
21-04-2021, 12:40 PM
I reckon Perez hid something. Would fit his character

Perez and Agnelli absolute scum in this.
Glazers/FSG and Kronke all too happy to be tugged along.

Would take Roman as my owner over any of that filth.

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2021, 12:43 PM

That was my view. But as much as I love him Roman also isn't perfect

Frodo
21-04-2021, 12:58 PM

Why? I can understand Stanny's obvious bias. But show me one reason why Roman isn't as grubby as that lot?
At least Mansour has poured millions into the community to rebuild a community fanbase. But even they don't get a free pass because their wealth is tainted with blood and oil, Manchester fans would happily forget about them if someone else could pay the bills moving forward.

Ghost of Plague
21-04-2021, 01:30 PM
Why? I can understand Stanny's obvious bias. But show me one reason why Roman isn't as grubby as that lot?
At least Mansour has poured millions into the community to rebuild a community fanbase. But even they don't get a free pass because their wealth is tainted with blood and oil, Manchester fans would happily forget about them if someone else could pay the bills moving forward.

For me its simple.
Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2021, 02:07 PM
This Perez has mental issues. 40 people protesting at the Chelsea game hahaha.

Frodo
22-04-2021, 02:43 PM
This Perez has mental issues. 40 people protesting at the Chelsea game hahaha.

There was about 200, so he wasn't too far off, Not that he isn't an massive tool tho. 200 is still a decent number considering how quickly they organised it and with Covid restrictions still on place in England.

SB nation reported that there was thousands in attendance and looked like fools when the pictures came out.

Frodo
22-04-2021, 02:57 PM
For me its simple.
Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.

Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.

Ghost of Plague
22-04-2021, 04:26 PM
Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.

Hey you rank your assholes how you like them, ill do mine!!!

I refuse to lump him in with any of these suckers that either a)doubled down like Perez and Agnelli, or b)did the grovelling video apology like Henry.

Also, I dont think he gets enough credit for how well Chelsea is actually run compared to some others. The fact the club isn't leveraged to the hilt and still made a real profit last year is good for them. For sure he runs it a different way relying on player sales and his own investment, but the other owners have heaps of money too but always seem to be much more at arms length with their liabilities which is savvy but scary.

Also, don't anyone @ me with your financial bullshit unless it comes from Swiss Ramble. They are the only source of correct info regarding football finance. I dont wish to hear anything else.

To be fair though its pretty safe to say Roman has had way more people killed than any other owner id bet good money on that.

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2021, 04:33 PM
There was about 200, so he wasn't too far off, Not that he isn't an massive tool tho. 200 is still a decent number considering how quickly they organised it and with Covid restrictions still on place in England.

SB nation reported that there was thousands in attendance and looked like fools when the pictures came out.

Way more then 200. Close to 1000 from the people I know who were there

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2021, 04:34 PM
And the difference is Roman is actually a football fan the others just Want to make money

Frodo
24-04-2021, 09:32 AM
And the difference is Roman is actually a football fan the others just Want to make money

Gulp down that Koolaid Stanny. You can share some with Plague's mate now as well, lol.

Here is the Arsenal protest.
https://streamable.com/86ybg6

This was supposedly a few hundred supporters, seems like a lot more from the footage. Wouldn't be surprised if our PR team, who are some of the best, haven't got the media outlets to downplay that number dramatically.

Frodo
24-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Also for context on our PR team, Mikel Arteta is still beng labelled as a managerial genius in Pep's mould when his team have scored 19 goals in 17 home games with a record of 6 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses in those games. Our PR team is absolutely world class, one of the very few things at our club that are nowadays.

StannyCFCJET
24-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Gulp down that Koolaid Stanny. You can share some with Plague's mate now as well, lol.

Here is the Arsenal protest.
https://streamable.com/86ybg6

This was supposedly a few hundred supporters, seems like a lot more from the footage. Wouldn't be surprised if our PR team, who are some of the best, haven't got the media outlets to downplay that number dramatically.

It's not Koolaid, Many ex managers have spoken about the conversations theve had with Roman about football and suprised at the amount of players he knew and his tactical knowledge. Also fair play to your fans, Good stuff

Bremsstrahlung
24-04-2021, 06:41 PM
UK Premier League?

Bon
27-08-2021, 10:01 AM
Rumours of CR7 to Man City?
Surely not...

Bon
17-11-2021, 10:33 AM
Argies vs Brazil live on BeIN, kicking off right now..

Bon
19-01-2022, 10:07 AM
Bloody amazing result with St Pauli knocking Dortmund out of the DFB Pokal... Love it..
Jackson Irvine getting a full game too..