MFKS
07-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Must admit I shit canned the signing when it was announced

Bloke looks like a quality player.

Much smarter than the rest of our players and actually puts himself about

Has some smart touches also and plays it early

plague
07-02-2016, 08:40 PM
The Hoff has already nick named him Nobby.

Change title thread please mods.

belchardo
07-02-2016, 08:41 PM
He reminds me of peter capaldi.

baldrick
07-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Gets an opponent sent off with his first touch at home.

Instant cult hero.

lquiquer
07-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Gets an opponent sent off with his first touch at home.

Instant cult hero.

And a superb assist.....

Premy
07-02-2016, 09:14 PM
The Hoff has already nick named him Nobby.

Change title thread please mods.
Yep

Wilso8948
07-02-2016, 09:27 PM

Not going off early and saying he's amazing but good to see you admitting when you were way off

furns
08-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Thread title fixed :thumbsup:

Boss
08-02-2016, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=MFKS;144431]Must admit I shit canned the signing when it was announced

Love nobby but this comment by mfks holds as much credibility as anything else he posts.

plague
08-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Thread title fixed :thumbsup:

Fantastic.
Ta.

Jeterpool
08-02-2016, 08:54 AM

I was more skeptical but wanted to see him play first. From his two appearances, I must say that he makes the players around him look better.

I look forward to watching him play for Sydney next year.

hawk
08-02-2016, 10:35 AM
had a great game.

Lets see how he goes when the smurfs and coast kick the hell out of him all game. they are the worst

Grimario
08-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I was more skeptical but wanted to see him play first. From his two appearances, I must say that he makes the players around him look better.

I look forward to watching him play for Sydney next year.

Kind of like Jeffers? He was pretty good at making our others look better.

Jeterpool
08-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Maybe. He did make Jesic look good.

Speaking of Jesic, I thought when Pav had the late shot yesterday it was looking kind of a-la Jesic v Victory where it was going to be buried in the top of the net from a similar position.

lil_masi
08-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Great to see some quality from Nobby. In order to cater for Nobby, Trif and Leo in the same team would you have Nobby at 10 (as he said he plays as either a 9 or 10) and Leo on the left? Leo played alot of his career as a left forward.

Premy
08-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Great to see some quality from Nobby. In order to cater for Nobby, Trif and Leo in the same team would you have Nobby at 10 (as he said he plays as either a 9 or 10) and Leo on the left? Leo played alot of his career as a left forward.Just do what ever we need to, to get Enver out of the first 11.

The Camel
08-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Great to see some quality from Nobby. In order to cater for Nobby, Trif and Leo in the same team would you have Nobby at 10 (as he said he plays as either a 9 or 10) and Leo on the left? Leo played alot of his career as a left forward.

I would, and put Cooper on the right instead of Alidovic

stopper2
09-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Was thinking the same thing!

He has those smarts and sharpness and as stated earlier in this thread, knows how to give an early ball.
All of a sudden he comes on and there is a fluidity about the team in attack with the midfield and strikers linking in a way that I haven't seen for quite a while.
To be honest I thought it was the best home debut from a Jets player in many a season!

Will be interesting to see in coming weeks whether he starts or whether he is used as an impact player off the bench when the game opens up.

Mark325
09-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Will be interesting to see in coming weeks whether he starts or whether he is used as an impact player off the bench when the game opens up.

For now, I don't think he can play full games, he'll probably need either one or two more bench starts, or play the full first half and be subbed before we see him playing full games.

Jeterpool
09-02-2016, 01:30 PM
His introduction is excellent for the team. No longer can Leonardo coast along thinking Mitch Cooper is his only competition.

Leonardo's petulant/annoyed reaction spoke volumes to me because I think he knows he now has someone who has delivered essentially the same as him all season in 44 minutes.

Premy
09-02-2016, 01:36 PM
His introduction is excellent for the team. No longer can Leonardo coast along thinking Mitch Cooper is his only competition.

Leonardo's petulant/annoyed reaction spoke volumes to me because I think he knows he now has someone who has delivered essentially the same as him all season in 44 minutes.
I thought his reaction was fine. Shows he wants to be out there and he felt fit enough to keep going. Competition is fine but I don't think his reaction had anything to do with Morten rather that he his hungry to be out there.

stopper2
09-02-2016, 01:50 PM
^^^^
If we can get Leonardo to stay on the park for longer then a 2-3 game block he needs to start producing some end-product ie goals and at the very least assists. No doubting he has quality but he just seems to play more as an individual, that's all well and good if he is getting goals (and points) for us via his individual brilliance (copyright Ned Zelic) but now in comparison we have Nordstrand who in just his second game off the bench is already linking well with his team-mates and already has an assist to his name. Would be interesting to see how effective they are together on the pitch, maybe Leonardo needs that someone with that extra bit of football smarts who can read him better too.

Wilso8948
09-02-2016, 02:15 PM
May not have contributed high amounts of assist etc however it's the little things that make a difference. Taking players on, playing forward, turning players, attracting defenders sometimes two or three, finding space for team mates. This kind of thing is what we have been missing. It provides a sense of belief in the playing squad and improves their confidence. Also having players and characters like this in the squad will bring people to watch. Each time he gets the ball people are waiting for something to happen.

baldrick
21-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Sign him up for 2 more years.

Class.

rhysd
21-02-2016, 11:16 AM

Class.

x1000

hawk
21-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Nobby you nutter. w00000000000000t

Premy
21-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Class.

Nope 6 month contracts for everyone, they seem to step up when they're playing for a contract.

All sriousness though, 2 years contract and lifetime deal if he scores 3 next week.

stopper2
21-02-2016, 01:57 PM
The guy showed his class with those 2 finishes yesterday. If only we had him and Ugarkovic at the start of the season and Leonardo 100% fit for most of the games we would be right in the mix for the Finals.

borat
21-02-2016, 02:20 PM
It is class and can see why he finished with the golden boot in Denmark. The way he hit that first goal with no hesitation was sublime. Just having another player in the team who is a genuine goal threat makes a massive difference.

leftrightout
21-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Said it when he signed, will be playing for Sydney next year. His 6 month contract is just a trial for another club!

q-money
21-02-2016, 10:33 PM
#morten2sydney

stopper2
21-02-2016, 10:55 PM
#morten2sydney

Nah as Con used to say; Newcastle has got the lifestyle:grin:

GazFish35
21-02-2016, 11:37 PM
When we fly to melbourne we need to land at Avalon, put the team in a blacked out bus and stay in a shithole hotel in frankston.

There's no way we can let Morton know Melbourne or sydney exist.

Bon
22-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Morten... :wub:
Got home from the game and just kept replaying his first goal... So good..

plague
22-02-2016, 11:28 AM
I dunno, how many blokes have left is for Sydney and got better?

If he wants to ruin his career then pull on that sky blue blow rag.

Agents Stu, Abbas and Hoole have done good work for the cause.

pv4
22-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I dunno, how many blokes have left is for Sydney and got better?

If he wants to ruin his career then pull on that sky blue blow rag.

Agents Stu, Abbas and Hoole have done good work for the cause.

I genuinely believe Abbas got better by moving to Sydney. The others I agree with though.

The Dunster
22-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Both of Morten's goals were pure class. No hesitation and yet not rushed by any account either.

Sign him for life before someone else does. If he wants Marquee money - give it too him.

plague
22-02-2016, 02:54 PM
I genuinely believe Abbas got better by moving to Sydney. The others I agree with though.

Busted ACL, racist venom spurted at him.

Agent Abbas looks like he's having a ball.

But to be fair coaches up here never gave him a fair crack. Prob bad engines or something.

Tommyjet
22-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Both of Morten's goals were pure class. No hesitation and yet not rushed by any account either.

Sign him for life before someone else does. If he wants Marquee money - give it too him.
I remember hearing a Danish journo say that he had lost his pace and that's why he was mainly a sub at his previous club. If what we saw on Saturday was Nobby without pace, he must of been an absolute speed demon in his day.

Mark325
23-02-2016, 12:00 AM
I think we need a game were he runs up front in a 4-4-2 with Milos, essentially just the formation we played against Wellington when we won 3-1 just replacing Carney with Nobby, Kitto with Leo and Watson or Kanta with Uga

belchardo
21-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Did alright last night. could have one if the bicycle came off. was it him that hit the post?

seemed a lot more mobile than Milos meaning we were a lot more threatening in the front third. even enver seemed to have an ok game. ran himself into the ground (he was rooted by the end of the game).

not saying milos didn't give us some good stuff (his defence and press when in defence have always impressed me), but I think I've seen enough to put morten up front for at least next week.

Guerny
24-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Nobby gained a lot of respect from me last night, he came on hacked some defenders, gave a shit about winning the game and pulled us across the line.
The team is only half as good when he isn't on the park.

Nou Camp
24-10-2016, 03:16 PM
wouldve preferred him to start and clut come off the bench to run at tired defenders

StannyCFCJET
24-10-2016, 04:32 PM
He also tried to stay on his feet after the foul to maybe shoot at goal

borat
24-10-2016, 06:10 PM
wouldve preferred him to start and clut come off the bench to run at tired defenders

They should have both started. Jones got his tactics wrong for WSW. You have to go at them and apply pressure, not sit back and try to soak it up

24-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Did alright last night. could have one if the bicycle came off. was it him that hit the post?

seemed a lot more mobile than Milos meaning we were a lot more threatening in the front third. even enver seemed to have an ok game. ran himself into the ground (he was rooted by the end of the game).

not saying milos didn't give us some good stuff (his defence and press when in defence have always impressed me), but I think I've seen enough to put morten up front for at least next week.

Don't pick on Milos or else you will be inviting some serious hate from our resident Plague. Your correct however Milos was average on a good day.

plague
24-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Your correct however Milos was average on a good day.

Your spelling is average on a good day.

25-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Somebody has to finish bottom of the class. I am ok with that. Legible enough you got my point though.

plague
25-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Somebody has to finish bottom of the class. I am ok with that. Legible enough you got my point though.

Just doing my checks and balances sir. Got to make sure we can all laugh at ourselves before I'll accept any of you criticising the players.

You cool.

plague
25-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Don't pick on Milos or else you will be inviting some serious hate from our resident Plague.

Just on this though, (because I find some people on here's ability to read the Internet fascinating) is that I don't have a problem with anyone wanting Nobby over Milos. Heck, on the sample size so far I'd prefer Nobby.

But to be fair I have no way to back up my argument other than to say it's my own personal enjoyment.

I had a problem with one persons justification why he was so terrible and the use of one garbage stat to do it.

'Tis all.

25-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Of course we are cool.

hawk
26-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Your spelling is average on a good day.

But Milos are the best drink

back to Nobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9N34I9_D0

Retro Jet
30-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Cool head by Nordstrand tonight with the layoff, back to goal to set up Stevie Ug.
Coudda, woudda...shouldda!!!

Jeterpool
26-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Morten has finished his time with the club. Signed by Scott Miller in January 2016, Nordstrand made his debut (Player #137) as a substitute against Adelaide in Round 17 at Hunter Stadium. His first start for the club was a memorable one, marked by 2 goals against the Wellington Phoenix, including a wonderful first time strike from outside the box that curled into the far corner. Later that year Norstrand scored a double against the Mariners - including one after 38 seconds - the fastest A-League goal by a Jets player .
Nordstrand re-signed with the club for the 2016/17 season and scored his first goal for the season against the Mariners to secure a 1-1 draw. He added his name to Jets folklore again with a 94th minute winner to secure a 2-1 win over Adelaide. The Jets never lost when Nordstrand scored in a match.

Nordstrand made 34 appearances during his time with the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 4 assists. He scored a goal every 344 minutes and is the =14th highest scorer in Jets history.

GrantB
26-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Morten has finished his time with the club. Signed by Scott Miller in January 2016, Nordstrand made his debut (Player #137) as a substitute against Adelaide in Round 17 at Hunter Stadium. His first start for the club was a memorable one, marked by 2 goals against the Wellington Phoenix, including a wonderful first time strike from outside the box that curled into the far corner. Later that year Norstrand scored a double against the Mariners - including one after 38 seconds - the fastest A-League goal by a Jets player .
Nordstrand re-signed with the club for the 2016/17 season and scored his first goal for the season against the Mariners to secure a 1-1 draw. He added his name to Jets folklore again with a 94th minute winner to secure a 2-1 win over Adelaide. The Jets never lost when Nordstrand scored in a match.

Nordstrand made 34 appearances during his time with the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 4 assists. He scored a goal every 344 minutes and is the =14th highest scorer in Jets history.

Brilliant stats as per normal from the Director.

plague
26-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi Mr Pool if it's easy to see can you please post the names of the 13th and 15th highest scorers in Jets history. I want a giggle it's been a long day.

Cheers,
Plague.

belchardo
26-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Hi Mr Pool if it's easy to see can you please post the names of the 13th and 15th highest scorers in Jets history. I want a giggle it's been a long day.

Cheers,
Plague.

better yet, time to resurrect the stats guessing thread he had going a while back.

Couscous
26-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Farewell, Mordstrang. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Jeterpool
26-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Cheers,
Plague.

:rof:

plague
26-04-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm actually serious.
I just have a feeling those names are legit going to give us a giggle and provide absolutely no context at all as to how good a finisher Nobby was.

MFKS
26-04-2017, 10:12 PM
I reckon he sitting about Zads and Jobe and Bridges level

About there

First we have Griff.

Then daylight

Then more daylight

Then even more day light before number 2

plague
27-04-2017, 12:07 AM
Jobe has his own level.

It's at no#2.

Love Jobe.

Jeterpool
27-04-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm actually serious.
I just have a feeling those names are legit going to give us a giggle and provide absolutely no context at all as to how good a finisher Nobby was.

I will pull it together but I'm still convinced you're trolling.

Perhaps should just put the 2 or 3 dot points relevant instead of trying to find other shit that doesn't really put them in great light.

Grimario
27-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Nobby scored 7 goals, the same number as Jobe, Carle, Milton and Milicic.

Surpassing him with 8 goals are Nabbout and Sasho but behind on 6 are such luminaries like Montano, Hoole, Rube and Jesic.

Dunno if any of those states include FFA cup goals.

Grimario
27-04-2017, 05:37 PM
I reckon he sitting about Zads and Jobe and Bridges level

About there

First we have Griff.

Then daylight

Then more daylight

Then even more day light before number 2

34 Griff
19 Ryu/Thompson
18 Taggart
15 Haliti
13 Bridge
12 Bridges
11 Brockie
10 Heskey
9 Coveny/Trifunovic

Jeterpool
27-04-2017, 06:42 PM
How sad are those numbers after 12 years

MFKS
27-04-2017, 07:28 PM
34 Griff
19 Ryu/Thompson
18 Taggart
15 Haliti
13 Bridge
12 Bridges
11 Brockie
10 Heskey
9 Coveny/Trifunovic

I was right

Griff

Then daylight

Then more daylight

Then even more daylight before no 2

belchardo
27-04-2017, 10:23 PM
How sad are those numbers after 12 years

just for a truly depressing comparison, do you have the top 10 scorers for the other a-league teams? i'm willing to take a bet that there are ex NZ knights, gold coast and fury players that have more goals than some in our top ten.

plague
27-04-2017, 10:52 PM
I will pull it together but I'm still convinced you're trolling.

hand on heart i wasn't trolling.

but you're right, that list isn't funny, its just sad.

Grimario
27-04-2017, 10:54 PM
just for a truly depressing comparison, do you have the top 10 scorers for the other a-league teams? i'm willing to take a bet that there are ex NZ knights, gold coast and fury players that have more goals than some in our top ten.

Smeltz got 28 and Djite got 10 with GCU. No one in NQF or NZK got double figures with Fowler (9) the closest.

Jeterpool
28-04-2017, 08:43 AM
A lot of stuff can be found on Ultimate A-League. They've got a great site.

Jeterpool
28-04-2017, 08:48 AM
This is the total competitive match data (OCC, Pre-Season Cup, FFA Cup, ACL, A-League) of all goals scored.

Name
Appearances
Goals

Joel Griffiths

Matt Thompson

Ryan Griffiths

Adam Taggart

Labinot Haliti

Mark Bridge

Michael Bridges

Sasho Petrovski

Jeremy Brockie

Emile Heskey

Vaughan Coveny

Milos Trifunovic

Jobe Wheelhouse

Nick Carle

Andrew Nabbout

Morten Nordstrand

Ante Milicic

Milton Rodriguez

Ruben Zadkovich

Andrew Hoole

Marko Jesic

Edson Montano

Jeterpool
28-04-2017, 08:52 AM
I think the Minutes per Goal is the best reflection on a players contribution. Here is the Top 25 for the Jets in the A-League. For me, Sash was lethal

Name
Appearances
Goals
Minutes per goal

Franco Parisi :wub:

Joey Gibbs

Sasho Petrovski

Jeronimo Neumann

Adam Taggart

Joel Griffiths

Milton Rodriguez

Milos Trifunovic

Ante Milicic

Michael Bridges

Vaughan Coveny

Andrew Nabbout

Jason Naidovski

Scott Tunbridge

Ryan Griffiths

Jeremy Brockie

Antun Kovacic

Mark Bridge

Emile Heskey

Labinot Haliti

Edson Montano

Radovan Pavicevic

Morten Nordstrand

Marcos Flores

Shuo Zhang

MFKS
28-04-2017, 09:26 AM
I think the Minutes per Goal is the best reflection on a players contribution. Here is the Top 25 for the Jets in the A-League. For me, Sash was lethal

Name
Appearances
Goals
Minutes per goal

Franco Parisi :wub:

Joey Gibbs

Sasho Petrovski

Jeronimo Neumann

Adam Taggart

Joel Griffiths

Milton Rodriguez

Milos Trifunovic

Ante Milicic

Michael Bridges

Vaughan Coveny

Andrew Nabbout

Jason Naidovski

Scott Tunbridge

Ryan Griffiths

Jeremy Brockie

Antun Kovacic

Mark Bridge

Emile Heskey

Labinot Haliti

Edson Montano

Radovan Pavicevic

Morten Nordstrand

Marcos Flores

Shuo Zhang

No it's not

Griff won us a grand final single handedly

How can you say these stats reflect his contribution??

Not one bloke on your list is fit to be even mentioned in the same breath as Griff except Griff himself

Jeterpool
28-04-2017, 10:21 AM
No it's not

Griff won us a grand final single handedly

How can you say these stats reflect his contribution??

Not one bloke on your list is fit to be even mentioned in the same breath as Griff except Griff himself

I don't dare attempt to put into words the contribution Griff made to this club because:

a) it obviously goes without saying
b) This forum doesn't allow enough characters
c) It simply cannot be explained using the English language
d) The closest that comes to explaining it is simply by saying "Griff"
e) Slobs

Jetmaster
28-04-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't dare attempt to put into words the contribution Griff made to this club because:

a) it obviously goes without saying
b) This forum doesn't allow enough characters
c) It simply cannot be explained using the English language
d) The closest that comes to explaining it is simply by saying "Griff"
e) Slobs

Just put up a "man crush" rating - Griff wins.

WolfMan
28-04-2017, 01:14 PM
That is a terrible return for Nordstrand given the amount of games he appeared in. Still shocked people were arguing for him to be given another deal.

Great bloke, decent footballer, but absolute waste of visa spot. Club got it right

Macca
28-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Would have carved it up at a better club. Most of his problems imo were caused by teammates and lack of confidence due to playing in a shit team

MFKS
28-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Would have carved it up at a better club. Most of his problems imo were caused by teammates and lack of confidence due to playing in a shit team

Which of his teammates was responsible for that miss v Heart.

From memory Raheem laid it on a platter for him