PDA

View Full Version : Matildas

leftrightout
01-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Yet again showing up the Socceroos!
They really are a great team to watch, they play really entertaining football.
De Vanna is a beast!

Also, nice to be able to watch an Australian football team live, in HD on free to air TV!

Jeterpool
01-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Agree.

Chloe Logarzo started last night. She's the only current Jet in the squad.

leftrightout
01-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Agree.

Chloe Logarzo started last night. She's the only current Jet in the squad.

She did quite well for her first run as well. I don't think many would have expected her to start, but she did really well.

Funny for the 3rd goal, one of the smallest players in womens football scores a header!

Bon
01-03-2016, 09:04 AM
How good was the referee's assist for our second goal..

Imyourhero
01-03-2016, 11:59 AM
3 beautiful goals

belchardo
03-03-2016, 02:55 PM
ladies did alright last night. maybe I will have a reason to watch the Olympics.

Retro Jet
08-03-2016, 10:24 AM
ladies did alright last night. maybe I will have a reason to watch the Olympics.
Yep...Women's football on the agenda at least. Couldn't be @rsed with the rest. (Maybe Hockey - aka Football with a small ball n sticks)

DPR (Dirty Players Retaliating) Korea 1 v Matilda's 2
21st minute - how did those useless Kiwi officials miss that kick out?
Logarzo's body may have obscured the ref's linen of sight but the lines 'person' looking straight at it?
Give up the flag sweetie....

baldrick
08-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Congrats to the Matilda's, once again showing the men's team up

I'm looking forward to not being able to watch the Matilda's play, while countless hours of swimming heats are shown on channel 7

q-money
08-03-2016, 12:30 PM
you know, i think 7 will actually do a decent job, their tennis coverage online this year was amazingly good, it looks like you will be able to watch whatever you want via VOD.

youtube did it for the 2012 olympics, but it was geo-blocked, this looks really good tbh

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/a/29186345/channel-7-ready-for-rio-olympics/

The Dunster
08-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Congrats to the Matilda's, once again showing the men's team up

I'm looking forward to not being able to watch the Matilda's play, while countless hours of swimming heats are shown on channel 7

http://www.imexbb.com/Images/12096694/roche.jpg

I find these work well whenever the swimming is taking over the television.

belchardo
09-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Match v china on shortly. Does this match affect seedings for the olympics or does it go off fifa rankings?

Grimario
10-03-2016, 08:39 AM
That goal from EvE was lovely. Absolutely lovely.

The PLUS7 stream stopped mid strike but I kind of knew it was going in as soon as she struck it... 10s later, Speed and Bubs were going mental. Was excellent.

hawk
10-03-2016, 09:48 AM
drips that have to compare mens and womens football. same idiots who had to be first in lines

Imyourhero
10-03-2016, 09:54 AM
EvE is my new favourite Van Egmond

plague
11-03-2016, 05:38 PM
EvE is my new favourite Van Egmond

nah, you weren't around in the days for GVE's sister throwing hands with anyone that dared bag out her bro.
it was awesome.

crazy aunt van egmond still the best.

belchardo
04-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Playing nz now on abc

Jeterpool
04-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Matildas to play Brazil at Hunter Stadium on Tuesday September 19th.

baldrick
05-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Matildas to play Brazil at Hunter Stadium on Tuesday September 19th.

Tickets already on sale !

Jeterpool
05-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Awesome. Will probably go

The Dunster
06-07-2017, 10:59 AM
This time we might see an Australian team roll Brazil. Looking forward to this.

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 11:30 AM
All tickets $20. that seems pretty good. Only opening the hills and the lower western stand

Macca
06-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Has anyone seen a kickoff time?

plague
06-07-2017, 12:37 PM
I will be going.

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Has anyone seen a kickoff time?

Ticketmaster website info had 6:30 gates open, 7:30 kickoff

The Dunster
06-07-2017, 12:42 PM
All tickets $20. that seems pretty good. Only opening the hills and the lower western stand

$20 is great value for a ticket. The town needs to get behind this and fill the stadium up.

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 12:53 PM
$20 is great value for a ticket. The town needs to get behind this and fill the stadium up.

Juniors are $10, concession $15.

Plus the ticketmaster money grab/service fee,

MFKS
06-07-2017, 12:56 PM

It ain't worth $5

If I want to watch someone **** about trying to play football whilst failing at it I will just slap a Jets game on the idiot box at home

Jeterpool
06-07-2017, 01:12 PM
It ain't worth $5

If I want to watch someone **** about trying to play football whilst failing at it I will just slap a Jets game on the idiot box at home

:facepalm:

hawk
07-07-2017, 09:58 PM
This time we might see an Australian team roll Brazil. Looking forward to this.

What? we now have to denigrate the mens team or you underestimate our ice hockey team. Dont be a waleed

kupifabo
19-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Why is the guy so aggressive towards the price? No one forces him to buy a ticket ...

hawk
28-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Why is the guy so aggressive towards the price? No one forces him to buy a ticket ...

hates it. fair enough each to own.

Good win today though

plague
28-07-2017, 10:20 PM

you new here huh homie.

q-money
28-07-2017, 10:28 PM
one of the great first posts of all time

Jeterpool
31-07-2017, 09:57 AM
4-2 win over Japan this morning as well. Came from 1-0 down early on before Sam Kerr hit a first-half hat-trick.

See what happens when Brazil and the USA play in the other game.

margie
31-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Fantastic win.No reason NOT to see them play in newy

margie
04-08-2017, 10:25 AM
half time against Brazil, Matildas lead 4-1
:):):):)

Bon
04-08-2017, 10:32 AM
half time against Brazil, Matildas lead 4-1
:):):):)

Wow!!! That is brilliant..
Last I saw was early on and it was 1-1..

Jeterpool
04-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Reckon De Vanna will get a hatty?

Jeterpool
04-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Reckon De Vanna will get a hatty?

Nope...she got subbed.

plague
04-08-2017, 11:08 AM
its always hard when youre watching/commenting on female sport to not sound patronising.

but

Australia has some really 'intelligent' players out there. Positioning, movement, physicality they are making it look effortless, which sometimes isnt the case.
Kerrs control and finish for the 6th was outstanding at any level.

they have thoroughly outplayed these Brazilians. Fantastic to watch.

margie
04-08-2017, 11:22 AM
CHAMPIONS!!!!!
nothing more you can say!:yay::woo:

plague
04-08-2017, 12:19 PM
and to think the Van Egmond family now has the Singapore Sixes and Intertoto Super Best Friends Cup trophies on their mantlpiece is pretty amazing.

belchardo
18-08-2017, 08:14 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-18/sam-kerr-on-fifa-awards-shortlist-for-best-women27s-player/8818736

onya Sammy. don't go being tempted by the AFLW now.

Macca
18-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Interesting that she's the all time leading goal scorer in the US league. Have some of the US stars not played there for much of their career, or was the league rebranded and the stats are only relatively new?

leftrightout
17-09-2017, 04:54 PM
16,000 at Penrith, was an entertaining match too.
How many going to Newcastle match? I got a ticket but think I'll be away for work.

Jeterpool
17-09-2017, 05:36 PM
I'll be there

belchardo
17-09-2017, 05:42 PM
you know the really big question that keeps popping into my mind: what are we doing right with the women that we aren't doing with the men? why are they so much better skill-wise than our blokes at the same level? particulary the strikers!

MFKS
17-09-2017, 07:07 PM
you know the really big question that keeps popping into my mind: what are we doing right with the women that we aren't doing with the men? why are they so much better skill-wise than our blokes at the same level? particulary the strikers!

Umm

You aware at the vast gulf in quality between men's and women's game??

For a start the speed at which the men play the women don't match or even get close to

The pool of talent in men's to women's football is significantly deeper as well for a start

Having the Socceroos make the last 16 of a WC is an achievement based on the rivals strengths

Haveing the women do the same isn't exactly an achievement considering how weak the talent pool is across the planet in women's football

plague
17-09-2017, 07:46 PM
whilst we can argue on the relative strength of the mens vs womens teams, a better question may be why our womens team has improved significantly in terms of world ranking etc as opposed to the men.

granted it doesnt 'seem' that we've played a wide variety of opposition in this current form run (yanks, Japan and Brazil) but seeing as they are the top of the tree it counts for something right?

The Dunster
17-09-2017, 10:18 PM
whilst we can argue on the relative strength of the mens vs womens teams, a better question may be why our womens team has improved significantly in terms of world ranking etc as opposed to the men.

granted it doesnt 'seem' that we've played a wide variety of opposition in this current form run (yanks, Japan and Brazil) but seeing as they are the top of the tree it counts for something right?

We have some very good athletes in the Matildas who also happen to have technical skill.

The Socceroos don't really have anyone even remotely athletic and as far as technical skill goes any of that which exists is on very tired legs.

The Matildas have a few players that simply destroy opposition defenders with speed and agility - something the Socceroos don't have.

The sad news is that you cannot train someone to be fast - it's pretty much genetic.

Macca
19-09-2017, 09:01 AM
I think a decent amount of it is just that we're not as far behind the curve in women's football. We've jumped onto it pretty early on and while a lot of the development and improvements in the women's game are still organic, we will compete quite well because our women have decent support (relative to other women's teams). And young girls have been playing sport in Australia for a fair while now. Compare the ability of young women in Australia to play soccer compared to those in South America, Asia and Africa and likely a fair few countries in Europe too.

If the women's game continues to gain popularity worldwide, and it starts to resemble the men's game in league structure etc I think we will fall back to obscurity again unless the game here (mens included) takes some big strides forward. I'm looking at a time frame of 10-20 years here.

plague
19-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Is it true they renamed the family hill the LGBT hill tonight or is my friend just ****ing with me?

MFKS
19-09-2017, 12:29 PM
I think a decent amount of it is just that we're not as far behind the curve in women's football. We've jumped onto it pretty early on and while a lot of the development and improvements in the women's game are still organic, we will compete quite well because our women have decent support (relative to other women's teams). And young girls have been playing sport in Australia for a fair while now. Compare the ability of young women in Australia to play soccer compared to those in South America, Asia and Africa and likely a fair few countries in Europe too.

If the women's game continues to gain popularity worldwide, and it starts to resemble the men's game in league structure etc I think we will fall back to obscurity again unless the game here (mens included) takes some big strides forward. I'm looking at a time frame of 10-20 years here.

Didn't they just get rolled 7-0 at u 17 level by North Korea last week??

Didn't they also get rolled 5-0 by the Japs a few days before this??

The curve isn't that great if you can be this bad and close to the best

halo se7en
19-09-2017, 04:22 PM

This.

hawk
19-09-2017, 05:02 PM

comparing our mens and womens teams is retarded. So many variables. just sit down and watch the sh1t

baldrick
19-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Top night out at the football.

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Top night out at the football.

Was it a pen? Couldnt quite tell on tv

plague
19-09-2017, 11:18 PM
all people associated with the Plague family were very happy with the nights entertainment.

plague
19-09-2017, 11:24 PM
i was impressed with Kennedy at the back there she was very composed and good on the ball except the two times she fell on here ass and almost cost us goals.

Sam Kerr is a proper star. good on her, sport needs more people like her.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 07:31 AM
I was impressed by two things

The goalkeeping for the first Australian goal
How ****ing incompetent to be beaten by a header from that range

The finishing for the second Aussie goal
By that I don't mean the actual final touch but the what can only be described as utter incompetence before hand that will technically go down as an assist

Watching those highlights made me really look forward to the upcoming 27 weeks of lulz with the Jets

Jeterpool
20-09-2017, 08:06 AM
That was terrific night of football. The number of kids in the crowd, girls in particular, watching that will go to school today or home tonight and start kicking a ball.

There's a message to the FFA about bringing international football to Newcastle - the fans will show up!

I thought the game was terrific. Gorry in particular impressed me. Polkinghorne was non-nonsense and the crunch on halfway int he 2nd half where she got the yelllow was terrific. Sitting with GazFish last night we both agreed that one of the most impressive aspects was how both teams in general got straight back up after a challenge. None of the handbags the men generally carry on with.

I was impressed with the speed and skill of both sides. The Matilda's press was relentless.

Biggest LOLs was Brazil's 17 pushing Emily van Egmond in the back, who turned around and stood a good foot higher than her :rof:

Premy
20-09-2017, 08:19 AM
There's a message to the FFA about bringing international football to Newcastle - the fans will show up!
The Asian Cup did that.
Don't expect anything from the FFA other than U/20s WCQ or at best an Asian Cup qualifier against Taiwan or something.

Jeterpool
20-09-2017, 08:24 AM
The Asian Cup did that.
Don't expect anything from the FFA other than U/20s WCQ or at best an Asian Cup qualifier against Taiwan or something.

All we can do is keep showing up.

Wouldn't Newcastle mind being the Matilda's home base. (Quote: GazFish)

plague
20-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Gotta say, credit where it's due, great job by the Gypo CEO last night with all the cross promotion with the Jets.

I couldn't walk around a corner without being reminded our season starts soon with all the promotional material on display. And the players being available for autographs and mingling amongst the fans was awesome.

It was great to see and I'm proud our club took the opportunity to present itself in the best possible light on such a big stage.

Well done.

halo se7en
20-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Sitting with GazFish last night we both agreed that one of the most impressive aspects was how both teams in general got straight back up after a challenge. None of the handbags the men generally carry on with.

I've noticed the same at a few Jets W games too. They only stay down when they really cop one.. the ref also seems to let more go, although sometimes it's hard to tell which team should get the FK lol

Macca
20-09-2017, 12:26 PM
I've noticed the same at a few Jets W games too. They only stay down when they really cop one.. the ref also seems to let more go, although sometimes it's hard to tell which team should get the FK lol

I see this line of commenting a lot and while in general I'd agree, I didn't think that was on show last night. Mainly from the Brazillians. They were going down quite a lot, some were milking injuries and some were not dives as such but lets say they were happy to receive free kicks.

I didn't think the ref was letting a lot go at all, there were a few pretty solid tackles that were called play on but a LOT of push and shove that was pretty tame and I would be happy to see as part of the game that was pulled up almost every time. I also thought the ref got quite a few decisions wrong, and probably should have stood up for the Western side liney a bit better. The Brazil captain had a full on go at her twice I think [I should note I'm pretty sure both times her complaints were baseless as from my view the liney made the correct call], really should have been a yellow the first time.

All in all the Brazil women showed pretty poor respect for the officials and I'm told they declined handshakes at the end as well. Perhaps not enjoying a tour where they don't get to trounce local opposition..?

The Dunster
20-09-2017, 12:43 PM
All in all the Brazil women showed pretty poor respect for the officials and I'm told they declined handshakes at the end as well. Perhaps not enjoying a tour where they don't get to trounce local opposition..?

I can understand the Brazilian team not shaking hands. Not difficult imagining the reception the Brazilians will receive when they return home without a win playing against Australia.

plague
20-09-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm still pissed off they didn't strip down to their lingerie and have a pillow fight.

MFKS
20-09-2017, 01:35 PM

You do realise the reason the men go down and carry on is to try and con the ref??

Being that their games have a huge deal of importance / money/ status etc involved

Doing whatever it takes to win is where it is at

20-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Good night out. My son commented when we were leaving it has been a long long time since you could walk out of the stadium pleased with both the result and the entertaining football played. Great crowd in attendance and the girls deserved all the plaudits that have came their way.

hawk
20-09-2017, 08:31 PM
You do realise the reason the men go down and carry on is to try and con the ref??

Being that their games have a huge deal of importance / money/ status etc involved

Doing whatever it takes to win is where it is at

feel good crowd doesnt care

anything but a world cup win would be a disappointment now

Jetmaster
21-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Can see FFA sitting in offices thinking "wow there is money in this".

Goodbye Matildas - fun while it lasted.

belchardo
21-09-2017, 08:23 AM
next two games at AAMI in Melbourne and Simonds in Geelong against China in late november.

belchardo
21-09-2017, 08:59 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/sep/21/david-squires-on-australias-best-national-sports-team-the-matildas

worth a cross-post

halo se7en
23-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Couldn’t find another suitable thread. So the commentators were expecting last nights game to be close and the Chinese to put up a good fight. We steamrolled them and that’s being kind. Kerr’s second was a belter (although the amount of time she had to let the ball run across her was criminal).

After winning whatever that tournament was, followed by their 2 wins over Brazil and then the dominant display last night, they seem to be building nicely for the next WC (2019?).

Jeterpool
23-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Agree. nThey're doing all the right things off the field too - signing autographs and the like.

Certainly acting as terrific role models for the sport and inspiring the next generation of footballers for the W-League

boz-monaut
28-03-2018, 08:24 PM
go sign this petition to have Sam Kerr be the new face of Weet-Box after Steve Smith is ****ed off

https://www.change.org/p/sanitarium-com-au-we-want-sam-kerr-to-take-over-from-steve-smith-as-the-weet-bix-kid?recruiter=104363280&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

plague
30-07-2018, 10:23 AM
I dont hate anyone in this world but gee if I did the U.S National womens team would prob top the list.

They are just the worst kind of bully team both on and off the pitch.

They just seem so genuinely unlikable (but of course if you're american you're loving it).

Oh, except Alex Morgan. I like her.

boz-monaut
30-07-2018, 11:24 AM
anyone get to watch the game this morning?

it was heartbreaking enough to follow live updates while pretending to work

Imyourhero
30-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Matildas don't get the recognition they deserve

plague
30-07-2018, 12:54 PM
anyone get to watch the game this morning?

it was heartbreaking enough to follow live updates while pretending to work

Yeah I watched it.
Matildas goal was fantastic. Americans didnt deserve to lose. They dominated, Australia sat back after they scored.

Although as soon as America scored they took over and could have won it.

MFKS
03-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Matildas don't get the recognition they deserve

I would say they get far more than they deserve actually

The fact that they are successful is a glaring indictment on how bad the standards of the Womens game around the planet actually are

Considering Australian Football is a basketcase and that nearly all of it is directed towards the Mens game that the women can be successful with **** all resources deployed towards it says plenty

Least with the Socceroos if we ever start making quarters semis of WCs it will be because we have done something right big time to achieve this as there is strength in our opposition

StannyCFCJET
04-08-2018, 12:00 PM
I would say they get far more than they deserve actually

The fact that they are successful is a glaring indictment on how bad the standards of the Womens game around the planet actually are

Considering Australian Football is a basketcase and that nearly all of it is directed towards the Mens game that the women can be successful with **** all resources deployed towards it says plenty

Least with the Socceroos if we ever start making quarters semis of WCs it will be because we have done something right big time to achieve this as there is strength in our opposition

What a dumb post. Matilda's are going strong because they are well coached and are producing good players

MFKS
04-08-2018, 02:33 PM
What a dumb post. Matilda's are going strong because they are well coached and are producing good players

Or is it a case of the rest of the world doesnt really give two ****s about womens football and we just look good at it as we take it more seriously??

I think it a case of both

traffic light
04-08-2018, 06:19 PM

Spoken like a true dullard. Mks had it right. Inferior product with an even inferior opposition. The game is in its infancy. They even want on the aleague board to call the shots. The women's game is riding on the coat tails of mens comp that has taken over 100 yrs to get going. Its propped up like other sports to get more corporate numbers in the code. Too fast for you? thought so.

By all means lie about how great it is but dont be sucked in by the whole feminist regime where everything is better than everything else. You dont deserve a voice with your stupidity.

belchardo
04-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Spoken like a true dullard. Mks had it right. Inferior product with an even inferior opposition. The game is in its infancy. They even want on the aleague board to call the shots. The women's game is riding on the coat tails of mens comp that has taken over 100 yrs to get going. Its propped up like other sports to get more corporate numbers in the code. Too fast for you? thought so.

By all means lie about how great it is but dont be sucked in by the whole feminist regime where everything is better than everything else. You dont deserve a voice with your stupidity.

this post has got to be a wind-up.

StannyCFCJET
04-08-2018, 08:13 PM
this post has got to be a wind-up.

Membah second account

MFKS
04-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Membah second account

Sacrilege

Dont need no 2nd account

I not particularly worried if people agree with me or not am.I ??

baldrick
03-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Matilda's back in town in November. Good one :thumbsup:

Bremsstrahlung
03-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Seems Newcastle and Penrith are becoming the “home” for the Matilda’s!
2 x great crowds last time. Hopefully similar this time.

03-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Couscous still Asst coach ?.

Couscous
14-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Not a single post in here, despite a great game in Newy last night.

Chauvinists, the lot of you.

Jeterpool
14-11-2018, 07:35 AM

Instead of throwing shit, why not start a constructive conversation yourself?

Be the change you want to see in the world.

And yes, it appeared to be a fantastic crowd at the game and it opened up in the second half well and truly. Hopefully that win retains our seeding for the World Cup. I thought we'd struggle for a result and it wasn't going to be our night after the first 45 but the win was emphatic.

I liked how accessible the players made themselves to the fans - particularly the kids. They'll inspire an entire generation.

Couscous
14-11-2018, 08:28 AM
It is an excellently coached team.

plague
14-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Instead of throwing shit, why not start a constructive conversation yourself?

To be fair to Couscous, FIFA doesnt allow phones and laptops on the sidelines.
he was busy for those few hours last night.

also: Couscous, tell your kid to stop shooting from distance. bloody frustrating.

Cheers,
Plague.

14-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Hopefully Ernie was watching to get a better understanding that if you play somebody who has some idea about leading the attack you might just look like finding the back of the net.

StannyCFCJET
19-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Matildas coach gone. Rumours of players being behind it

19-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Bizarre to say the least. Anonymous surveys etc, WTF sort of a circus is Gallop and FFA ?. Are these gooses at FFA for real ?.

Short of throwing the leg over a player under his control or some sort of sexual misconduct allegation the players should get on with the job of being the players and leave the coaching to the coaches.

If the FFA was taking seriously the general consensus of surveys Gallop would have been frog marched out of FFA HQ years ago. Gallop talks about poor culture, How about the clown start with himself and his Director of referee's and the poor culture existent there with poor officiating again last night having a direct influence over the result.. F&*(ing clowns

plague
19-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Rumours?
Gallop pretty much admitted it.

plague
19-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Bizarre to say the least. Anonymous surveys etc, WTF sort of a circus is Gallop and FFA ?. Are these gooses at FFA for real ?.

Short of throwing the leg over a player under his control or some sort of sexual misconduct allegation the players should get on with the job of being the players and leave the coaching to the coaches.

If the FFA was taking seriously the general consensus of surveys Gallop would have been frog marched out of FFA HQ years ago. Gallop talks about poor culture, How about the clown start with himself and his Director of referee's and the poor culture existent there with poor officiating again last night having a direct influence over the result.. F&*(ing clowns

Nah,the old days are over. Boards/CEOs etc arent really in charge anymore.
The second the welfare of the labour is a concern, everyone needs to jump.

Remember, these days it's very rarely the perpetrator of the crime that gets in trouble in organizations, it's the people in charge.

Suits these days run like Usain Bolt to cover their asses.

Gallop has no option.

The Dunster
19-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Nah,the old days are over. Boards/CEOs etc arent really in charge anymore.
The second the welfare of the labour is a concern, everyone needs to jump.

Remember, these days it's very rarely the perpetrator of the crime that gets in trouble in organizations, it's the people in charge.

Suits these days run like Usain Bolt to cover their asses.

Gallop has no option.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mSy5mEcmgwU/maxresdefault.jpg

19-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Cous already thrown his hat in the ring for the gig you would imagine.

Jetmaster
20-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Shootout interesting tonight. Tara obviously has journo friends involved in these allegations and has the bloke strung up.

Wiser heads Ned and Kossie very forceful pulling her into line...journo leaks are not evidence and until we hear some it is all a bit off.

plague
20-01-2019, 10:11 PM
journo leaks are not evidence and until we hear some it is all a bit off.

yeah but its enough to tarnish a blokes reputation and get sponsors nervy.
these days thats all you need.

MFKS
20-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Dont know what your whinging about

This is nothing more than women getting involved in this to force the FFA to appoint a women to the role

Nothing more than affirmitive action in play to force change for gender equality in Oz Football

Leftists and Gender Nazis will be delighted when a woman gets the gig to coach the Matildas

Stajcic is just a patsy pawn in this game

Jetmaster
21-01-2019, 07:44 AM
I agree somewhat with that - it isn't worth the risk now to coach a womens's team as a bloke these days.

Interesting that Kerr, EVE and De Vanna have all come out in support of the coach. This will have to split the dressing room.

plague
21-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Dont know what your whinging about

This is nothing more than women getting involved in this to force the FFA to appoint a women to the role

Nothing more than affirmitive action in play to force change for gender equality in Oz Football

Leftists and Gender Nazis will be delighted when a woman gets the gig to coach the Matildas

Stajcic is just a patsy pawn in this game

This seems like a very simplistic narrow minded view based on zero evidence and full of outrageous accusations........but you yelled it really loudly so it must be true.

boz-monaut
21-01-2019, 09:19 AM
blame leftists all you want bit you'll be completely off track

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/matildas-coach-alen-stajcic-sacked-five-months-before-world-cup-20190119-p50sd2.html

the real culprit behind the toxicity in the camp is GVE, who can expect his marching orders soon enough

Jardelsimage
21-01-2019, 09:55 AM
well FFA have done it again, sacked the most successful coach in the country, to be replaced by or is favourite to be the next Matildas coach, none other Gary Van Egmond.

Jardelsimage
21-01-2019, 10:02 AM

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/matildas-coach-alen-stajcic-sacked-five-months-before-world-cup-20190119-p50sd2.html

the real culprit behind the toxicity in the camp is GVE, who can expect his marching orders soon enough

GVE is tipped to take over

MFKS
21-01-2019, 11:11 AM
This seems like a very simplistic narrow minded view based on zero evidence and full of outrageous accusations........but you yelled it really loudly so it must be true.

Ok

Believe what you like

If you believe the so called success of the Matildas has been achieved under the so called toxic environment of Stajcics coaching whilst the same orhganisation the FFA stumble from one crisis to another at all levels then you are deluded enough like thoise who believe the Gypos will win the HAL under Charlesworth

There is no way in hell a team is successful in the toxic environment.these days.

MFKS
21-01-2019, 11:22 AM

Explain why Our Watch group has anything to do with this??

They the one running a "survey" for the FFA

boz-monaut
21-01-2019, 11:57 AM
management consultants are engaged to do surveys that achieve predetermined outcomes

MFKS
21-01-2019, 12:20 PM
management consultants are engaged to do surveys that achieve predetermined outcomes

No doubt this is the case

But to employ a group who have an agenda already and get nothing but agitators pulling strings in the back ground fighting some unfounded war to deal with all their victim complexes is not exactly the wisest idea

plague
21-01-2019, 12:52 PM

Well considering the big rumour is he slept with one of the players mums means his position is untenable.

Negative Police
21-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Ok so you want the elephant in the room?

Being a pro feminist bigot isnt the answer. The game lacks in all ways. and is way over represented in the media already.
How long did it take the mens game to actually get organised, get on tv, paid for professionalism etc the ladies rode straight onto easy street and still is a long way off elite.

If you cant see these facts you are lost in leftard rainbow land.

MFKS
21-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Well considering the big rumour is he slept with one of the players mums means his position is untenable.

Nice work

MFKS
21-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Ok so you want the elephant in the room?

Being a pro feminist bigot isnt the answer. The game lacks in all ways. and is way over represented in the media already.
How long did it take the mens game to actually get organised, get on tv, paid for professionalism etc the ladies rode straight onto easy street and still is a long way off elite.

If you cant see these facts you are lost in leftard rainbow land.

Truth bombs

plague
21-01-2019, 08:13 PM
yeah look the fact it was 'our watch' doing the diggging cant be passed off as small point.

they have an 'agenda' (i hate using the term agenda but not sure what better word to use).
Of course they were gonna find 'something' in amongst a high performance environment like a sporting organisation.

the fact that the FFA outsourced the survey, and who they outsourced it to, is pretty damning on their part.

Jetmaster
22-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Interesting retweet from 4th Jan being circulated this evening...

"Lynda Taylor
@LyndaTaylor76
Replying to
@TheMatildas
and
@KatrinaGorry
Hope you return very soon Mini, ready in time for the Cup of Nations? By then the Matildas off-field issues should be resolved and @Rae10D will be coach.
@ehighwood and @Reidyfour will make things for the best as many are unhappy with the current set-up."

Ray Gatt is onto it.

The Dunster
23-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Interesting retweet from 4th Jan being circulated this evening...

"Lynda Taylor
@LyndaTaylor76
Replying to
@TheMatildas
and
@KatrinaGorry
Hope you return very soon Mini, ready in time for the Cup of Nations? By then the Matildas off-field issues should be resolved and @Rae10D will be coach.
@ehighwood and @Reidyfour will make things for the best as many are unhappy with the current set-up."

Ray Gatt is onto it.

Have you read this article?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/they-re-out-to-get-you-stajcic-warned-of-alleged-plot-to-have-him-sacked-20190122-p50szc.html

boz-monaut
23-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Andrew Webster is a rugby league apologist though - everything he writes needs to be taken with a grain of salt

The Dunster
23-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Andrew Webster is a rugby league apologist though - everything he writes needs to be taken with a grain of salt

I was only reading it so far as being someone else's opinion of what could possibly have gone wrong - more so than a factual account.

plague
23-01-2019, 12:00 PM

The one outstanding quality Gallop has on his resume is a very tight relationship with News Corp and its associated journos (Webster was formerly a News Ltd journo back in Gallops NRL days).

Websters account is coming straight from the main man.

It does sound a little fishy that Stajic has been sacked because he was at the top of the tree and that even though he personally wasnt the cause of all the issues, it was decided that as boss, he had to go.

except Stajic has a boss too, a woman, and she hasnt been embroiled in any of this.
Seems the chain of command/responsibility only went so high.

MFKS
23-01-2019, 12:11 PM
The one outstanding quality Gallop has on his resume is a very tight relationship with News Corp and its associated journos (Webster was formerly a News Ltd journo back in Gallops NRL days).

Websters account is coming straight from the main man.

It does sound a little fishy that Stajic has been sacked because he was at the top of the tree and that even though he personally wasnt the cause of all the issues, it was decided that as boss, he had to go.

except Stajic has a boss too, a woman, and she hasnt been embroiled in any of this.
Seems the chain of command/responsibility only went so high.

But this comes back to what you believe the agenda is here

Regardless of whatever this is poliitical maneuvering has gone on here
And it nothing straight forward like Stajcic done x and they can fire him for that because tjis isnt the case

If he done something wrong they sack him and stand by x publically

pv4
23-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Focus groups worked when the FFA created football (made the WSW franchise) so why wouldn't it work for womens international football too?

plague
23-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Focus groups worked when the FFA created football (made the WSW franchise) so why wouldn't it work for womens international football too?

imagine hiring One Nation to see if there are any problems with immigration policy in Australia.
Thats what it sounds like FFA did here.

MFKS
23-01-2019, 12:43 PM
imagine hiring One Nation to see if there are any problems with immigration policy in Australia.
Thats what it sounds like FFA did here.

Apparently the leeches at Our Watch actually approached FFA and got the invite in when they knocked on the door FFS

Fraser Aning and Pauline obviously done somnething si.ilar when the FFA were coming up with the NCIP

Jetmaster
29-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Job advertised online guys....

https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/58074-head-coach-australian-womens-national-football-team-the-matildas-football-federation-australia?fbclid=IwAR04QgH2QVYjptT383cf3tunfjWz3yW DflL3EH0h5Yh6E9EqNRFRh46r16I

11-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Good too see Stajcic come out today demanding clarity as opposed to the condescending rubbish Garb, Lucy Z and Rushton have been peddling through there respective outlets. Telling people if only they knew they would understand.

They confess to knowing what is meant to be confidential then question those who wish to give Stajcic the benefit of the doubt with the limited or next to none forthcoming reasoning from FFA.

#pretendjournos.

MFKS
13-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Clowns at FFA are now got Our Watch doing performance review surveys on Luke Casserly

When exactly did the idiots start running the asylum ??

13-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeh this entire saga has just rolled from one big cluster%^&* to another. The really sad part is with so many different versions being played out for conjecture many people will be unjustly tarnished.

We immediately could have been forgiven for thinking Staj done something inappropriate the way FFA and in particular Mr Incompetent himself Gallop and that Nikoua presented there news conference.

Later on there was the possibility of a so called lesbian clique ( and no i have no issue with peoples preferences so read nothing in to that FFS ) who had well planned this with the help of some others with some new found authority at FFA board level and favor a previous in the clique Canberra coach now doing some commentating. This would perhaps explain why Rushton, Zelic and Garb thought they knew best and could chastise anybody who was prepared to give Staj the benefit of the doubt without all the details. Thank heavens Macca and Kozzie quickly pulled Rushton up on that shit. Was this a topic of discussion pre game at a match. Seemed ironic that al those spend time on the sideline pre game at many matches.

Then there was that really well written and revealing article by Dominic Bossi ( see below ) which go's so far as mentioning a name or two and doesn't paint GVE in a great light and then you add that throw away line posted on here of all places sometime many months back where Couscous said GVE conducting strategy sessions in a coffee shop somewhere in Canberra one morning with no Staj in atendance. You tie that throw away line in with the Bossi story and there in itself is a bad look for GVE perhaps seeking the top job in a world cup year.

Bossi story https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/inside-the-matildas-dressing-room-that-led-to-stajcic-s-sacking-20190125-p50tlk.html

Unable to make it to Magic Park last Saturday because of commitments in Sydney i got a phone call Saturday night from a person attending the Magic v Bulli trial asking me if i had any knowledge about the " alleged " scathing feedback EVE and GVE provided in regards to Staj. I repeat Alleged ok alleged, But this was clearly a rumor doing the rounds Sat in addition to other possible causes for Staj to get the ass.

Please be mindful i am not endorsing any scenario i have listed above these are just some or all of the possibilities doing the rounds and as such because of FFA's reluctance to come clean has unfortunately cast a very wide net on individuals who have done absolutely no wrong.

The FFA have really fuc&^% this up and no way can there not be heads roll at FFA over the handling of this.

MFKS
13-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Yeh this entire saga has just rolled from one big cluster%^&* to another. The really sad part is with so many different versions being played out for conjecture many people will be unjustly tarnished.

We immediately could have been forgiven for thinking Staj done something inappropriate the way FFA and in particular Mr Incompetent himself Gallop and that Nikoua presented there news conference.

Later on there was the possibility of a so called lesbian clique ( and no i have no issue with peoples preferences so read nothing in to that FFS ) who had well planned this with the help of some others with some new found authority at FFA board level and favor a previous in the clique Canberra coach now doing some commentating. This would perhaps explain why Rushton, Zelic and Garb thought they knew best and could chastise anybody who was prepared to give Staj the benefit of the doubt without all the details. Thank heavens Macca and Kozzie quickly pulled Rushton up on that shit. Was this a topic of discussion pre game at a match. Seemed ironic that al those spend time on the sideline pre game at many matches.

Then there was that really well written and revealing article by Dominic Bossi ( see below ) which go's so far as mentioning a name or two and doesn't paint GVE in a great light and then you add that throw away line posted on here of all places sometime many months back where Couscous said GVE conducting strategy sessions in a coffee shop somewhere in Canberra one morning with no Staj in atendance. You tie that throw away line in with the Bossi story and there in itself is a bad look for GVE perhaps seeking the top job in a world cup year.

Bossi story https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/inside-the-matildas-dressing-room-that-led-to-stajcic-s-sacking-20190125-p50tlk.html

Unable to make it to Magic Park last Saturday because of commitments in Sydney i got a phone call Saturday night from a person attending the Magic v Bulli trial asking me if i had any knowledge about the " alleged " scathing feedback EVE and GVE provided in regards to Staj. I repeat Alleged ok alleged, But this was clearly a rumor doing the rounds Sat in addition to other possible causes for Staj to get the ass.

Please be mindful i am not endorsing any scenario i have listed above these are just some or all of the possibilities doing the rounds and as such because of FFA's reluctance to come clean has unfortunately cast a very wide net on individuals who have done absolutely no wrong.

The FFA have really fuc&^% this up and no way can there not be heads roll at FFA over the handling of this.

Worst part about this is it is actually doing women administrators and coaches a big disservice

Gives more ammo to the slow down of increased equality in coaching and administration as women are made to look as divisive and trouble makers

plague
13-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Worst part about this is it is actually doing women administrators and coaches a big disservice

Gives more ammo to the slow down of increased equality in coaching and administration as women are made to look as divisive and trouble makers

Yep, first football team ever to white ant someone.
Get chix out of football.

Dead set on fire these past few days Member.

Bremsstrahlung
13-02-2019, 09:57 PM
For staj fo come out and so vehemently defend himself and show genuine anger toward this decision, tends to make me believe him over the other clown. Why come out in public and call them out? Like if they have evidence I’m sure they could make it public or at least be privately threatening him what can be put out there if he continues to publicly defy them.

Just seems like his situation could get a whole lot worse if he pokes the bear who has all this incriminating evidence.
Unless he’s poking a teddy bear who has absolutely no justification other than some agenda.

Idk, just seems fishy. First thought was ahhhh, he probably has made some comments or whatever and a few of the girls have taken offence and fearing a gender imbalance image problem, gallop acted to remove him. Which is a realistic chain of event these days.

belchardo
18-02-2019, 03:08 PM
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/ante-milicic-confirmed-as-matildas-coach-for-women-s-world-cup-20190218-p50yjs.html

Milicic gets the gig.

better luck next time gary.

MFKS
18-02-2019, 09:32 PM
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/ante-milicic-confirmed-as-matildas-coach-for-women-s-world-cup-20190218-p50yjs.html

Milicic gets the gig.

better luck next time gary.

Bloke has no experience in womens football and is on the FFA payroll

Exactly how is this a good thing here picking him ??

It aint like the FFA have found a strong character with a proven record to rid us of this toxic culture as Milicic has only been an Assistant everywhere he has been

Also is he axtually the best that can be found or is the cheap option and more jobs for the boys in the inner circle jerk??

boz-monaut
18-02-2019, 10:05 PM
name an FFA appointed coach that isn't the cheap option and more jobs for the boys in the inner circle jerk

pv4
19-02-2019, 09:02 AM
name an FFA appointed coach that isn't the cheap option and more jobs for the boys in the inner circle jerk

Arnie is jobs for the boys but he is in no way cheap.

MFKS
19-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Arnie is jobs for the boys but he is in no way cheap.

Arnie is a Gypo

Cheap is nailed on

pv4
19-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Not sure how much inflation etc to take into account, but:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/graham-arnold-becomes-highest-paid-socceroos-coach-in-history/news-story/b826145a4da4cdb6e8534427fc2bb179

Arnold, 54, will become the highest-paid Socceroos coach in history, signing a base salary believed to be worth around $1.4 million plus various bonuses around the Asian Cup and qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar in 2022.

And I know very confidently that Holger Oseick was the 4th highest paid international coach in the world when he was with us..

What is worth noting, though, is Arnie is coaching the Olyroos also. Not sure how many Australian NT coaches have doubled up like that in the past.

boz-monaut
19-02-2019, 01:47 PM
if the fact that they give Graham Arnold that much money isn't proof that the double effay are the worst run sporting body in the nation, then we should all disband and join other codes

The Dunster
19-02-2019, 03:13 PM
If $1.4m was all they were offering to coach this lot no wonder Arnold got the job. While I see it as paying overs for Arnold it's also simply not enough to entice a quality coach to come in and take on a such a massive task.

pv4
19-02-2019, 03:36 PM
If $1.4m was all they were offering to coach this lot no wonder Arnold got the job. While I see it as paying overs for Arnold it's also simply not enough to entice a quality coach to come in and take on a such a massive task.

A good coach can treat international management as semi-retirement. And can also base it largely out of Europe, as BvM did. 1.4m for that effort doesn't sound outrageous to me.

But the current crop is the issue - the smart managers will be waiting to do a Hiddink and jump on outrageously underperforming talent to look like the hero.

The Dunster
19-02-2019, 05:21 PM
A good coach can treat international management as semi-retirement. And can also base it largely out of Europe, as BvM did. 1.4m for that effort doesn't sound outrageous to me.

But the current crop is the issue - the smart managers will be waiting to do a Hiddink and jump on outrageously underperforming talent to look like the hero.

BvM started in January and his replacement was announced in March of the same year. So not sure the semi-retirement / based out of Europe thing has actually been verified as a success.

Jetmaster
12-03-2019, 01:24 PM
New kit....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/matildas/nike-unveils-the-matildas-new-kit-for-the-2019-womens-world-cup/news-story/d0d70e404d93d870f40a660dbad296be

The Matildas kit channels Melbourne's street art scene. The golden wattle and shots of the Australian landscape coalesce in the graphic to encapsulate contemporary Australia.

:wtf:

Bon
05-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Matildas vs Yanks friendly at 12:30 today..
Can watch on SBS or livestream on TheWorldGame..

(Was supposed to be out in the field for work today, but now that its raining, I'll be "researching" the game at lunch.. )

Bon
05-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Alex Morgan.. :wub:

plague
05-04-2019, 12:38 PM
those shirts are a good reflection of our performance so far.
Milicic out.

Jetmaster
05-04-2019, 12:40 PM
This is a noticeable step up.

Jetmaster
05-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Alex Morgan.. :wub:

Indeed - easy on the eye in style and looks.

Watch on Fox and listen to the Yank commentary - no sugar coating from Speed.

Bon
05-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Indeed - easy on the eye in style and looks.

Watch on Fox and listen to the Yank commentary - no sugar coating from Speed.

Was a great finish.. (Typical, I get up to rock a p!ss and come back to see that we'd conceded)
Yank commentary normally annoys me, but compared to Speed it is brilliant..

Bon
05-04-2019, 01:01 PM
What a finish from De Vanna!

outsider
05-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Very poor defence and some ordinary ball control.

Bon
05-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Very poor defence and some ordinary ball control.

Definitely..
We are certainly struggling with their pace and movement..

boz-monaut
31-05-2019, 11:01 AM
so it was all bullshit after all

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-issues-formal-apology-to-stajcic-20190531-p51t3b.html

Heather Reid's position is now untenable

Bremsstrahlung
31-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Wow.
massive clusterf***

31-05-2019, 12:11 PM

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-issues-formal-apology-to-stajcic-20190531-p51t3b.html

She not the only one who drove this agenda and needs to be moved on. Any player in the current squad who was part of this should also be on the first plane home. There was clearly an anti Staj clique by like minded individuals.

Look forward to seeing Garb, L Zelic and Rushton apologize for peddling BS in there persuit of wanting be seen as " in the know " of qualified info.

boz-monaut
31-05-2019, 12:51 PM
maybe they should just tell us what those things they couldn't tell us actually were

because right now they all look pretty silly

plague
31-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Look forward to seeing Garb, L Zelic and Rushton apologize for peddling BS in there persuit of wanting be seen as " in the know " of qualified info.

Oh this will be the best part of it.

What's the bet all the journos turn on the waterworks and pull the "WE WERE ALL LIED TO" routine.

Assholes, the lot of them.

Also, Stajic should still go hard with the lawsuit, not only because he had his name sullied, but being forced to still coach the gypos is a punishment worse than death.

MFKS
31-05-2019, 03:37 PM

BS

Read between the lines

Stajcic and FFA have come to.a settlement ie $$ going to the Gypo have been agreed
Probably why Phoenix got billed 1 million for metrics not measuring up this week 5 5 5

This is just a public statement from them to try and take the blame off Stajcic and try and clear his name as best they can

Whole thing is an orchestrated negotiated arrangement between Stajcic and the FFA

The truth is still blurred

As for Reid she got cancer
They won't be sacking her unless they want another PR disaster but it is the FFA so anything is possible

plague
31-05-2019, 04:32 PM
BS

Read between the lines

Stajcic and FFA have come to.a settlement ie $$ going to the Gypo have been agreed
Probably why Phoenix got billed 1 million for metrics not measuring up this week 5 5 5

This is just a public statement from them to try and take the blame off Stajcic and try and clear his name as best they can

Whole thing is an orchestrated negotiated arrangement between Stajcic and the FFA

The truth is still blurred

As for Reid she got cancer
They won't be sacking her unless they want another PR disaster but it is the FFA so anything is possible

usually a 'settlement' goes along the lines of "heres some money, now sign this watertight NDA and we'll put the best spin on it for everyone".

Stajic had ALL the leverage, you dont ever see an org give over the money, and cop every single bit of the blame. Its just not the way it works.
The fact they reemployed him in a sense to coach the gypos was the start of the grovel. from there he obviously kept putting out his hand saying 'more please', and the FFA was that far over a barrel that it had no choice.
it wouldnt shock me if there were still recriminations to come for the FFA, but Stajic seems to have been appeased now, so they've put out at least one bushfire.

the whole issue of bringing in that man hating company to do the review needs to be thoroughly looked at too. they messed that one up bigtime.

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:34 AM
Bit rusty at the back for a few moments. Cost us a goal at the end.
Carpenter and Kerr were superb.
I remember watching a women’s World Cup match with Brazil and maybe aus about 10 years ago, and I was flabbergasted at how poor I perceived it to be for World Cup, best teams. Their first touch was terrible, there were miss kicks everywhere. It was a shambles.

The standard of football I saw last night was great. The improvement, game awareness and skills on display were a huge advert to how far the women’s game has come. Some moments from Kerr were brilliant. carpenter was great all game too. It’s all out attack which is great to watch.
Saw Sweden knocked off the US.

Bremsstrahlung
31-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Absolutely superb game to watch.
The quality of football these girls played last night was impressive.
Deadset some clattering challenges and head cuts and the girls go down in genuine pain and get straight up. Surely it makes the means comp embarrassed to see how tough these girls are.

Against Great Britain no less. What a thrilling game to watch. I’d encourage anybody to watch the game, you won’t be disappointed.

belchardo
31-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Was an awesome effort. Who do they play in the semis?

Bon
31-07-2021, 09:02 AM
Was an awesome effort. Who do they play in the semis?

Sweden again!

Jetmaster
02-08-2021, 08:53 PM
3 semi finalists all from the same preliminary group....must be a first?

belchardo
02-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Pretty nuts.

Lucky the Swedish players have numbers, imagine having to mark them based on hair colour. Hair colour seems to range from albino blonde to bottle blonde.

belchardo
02-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Kennedy having a ping from 60m. Jesus!

Bremsstrahlung
02-08-2021, 10:44 PM
Kerr absolutely gassed 15 minutes ago

Bremsstrahlung
03-08-2021, 06:08 AM
Brilliant first half, unlucky to not take the lead.
Soft call for the free kick goal we scored. But I can live with it since the referees whistle went before Kerr was making contact. I’d be more frustrated if it was called after it hit the net. Was a good finish too.
I thought we were playing well, and Sweden were either a bit off their game, or taken back by our approach.

Their goal was very unlucky for us. Yoeman in commentary saying she shouldn’t have tried to block it, fmd. If she sat
Back and watched that shot hit the top corner she’d have been slammed.
Sweden have conceded 8 goals or something in the last 12+ months (I can’t remember the exact period they said) and we’re undefeated. Only been held scoreless once. So they are pretty deserving finalists. But we gave them a crack.

Big game Vs USA.

Biggest loss from that game was Ellie “Atkinson” Carpenter. Let her frustrations get the best of her to commit that foul at the end. 96th minute, play to stop at any time, if she had her time again I think she’d rather concede a second than cop the red. She will be a huge loss, one of the best players.

I also thought Kerr looked done vs GB but she managed to score. But she was walking and barely chasing in that second half. There were a few half chances where by her standards, she would be disappointed she gave up on the play tbh.

Overall, I think we can be pleased at a bronze medal playoff. Definitely building towards that World Cup.
A lot of our players just put themselves in the shop window. Reminds me of the 2006 men’s era when most of them were playing overseas.

Jetmaster
09-10-2021, 11:02 AM
Needs to be put here...its smouldering but many are putting heads in sand.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/football/matildas-renaye-iserief-backs-up-lisa-de-vanna-abuse-claims/9a84be66-f300-42e1-8feb-4123d6358678

This all relates to Stajic's sacking and receipt of hush money. Has to be sorted before 2023, even though one or two golden girls might cop it.

evolution
04-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Matildas playing the USA in Newy on November 30.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7497042/matildas-to-host-world-heavyweight-in-newcastle/?cs=12

Bremsstrahlung
05-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Kya Simon done her ACL.
Wishing her a Speedy recovery.