PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos Friendlies

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

belchardo
19-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Little bit sad not seeing archie there celebrating with him. End of an era.

Although with archie grinding and timmy punching it would have looked like a rugby league Mad Monday. :)

parksey
19-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Jedinak is the biggest joke. How is this **** getting starts in the premiership?

joel31
20-11-2013, 12:44 AM
I thought the way we played was positive and encouraging. Kruse made some good runs. Rogic again was class on the ball

Imyourhero
20-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Rogic needs socceroos game time just so he gets more exposure, that boy needs to be in spain or italy.

seldom
20-11-2013, 01:53 AM
commentators fappin over davidson...I know we're strugglin for a LB but I thought he was ordinary

hawk
20-11-2013, 01:56 AM
SD on the mega for GGA/australis larrrf

Superdylan
20-11-2013, 03:43 AM
SD on the mega for GGA/australis larrrf

Can confirm....Only for about a 1 & half mins. Tried getting the..."we only sing for you, our boys in green and gold" got a couple going.....then a "come on aussie' chant.

Terrace Australia was alot more organized at the iraq game.

GazFish35
20-11-2013, 07:34 AM
.....then a "come on aussie' chant.

Should have followed it up with a Mexican wave, started a beer snake and streaked.

Blackmac79
20-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Dylan taking capo duties from the disabled section of bay 2 all the way to the international stage!

Man cannot be stopped

leftrightout
20-11-2013, 08:41 AM
commentators fappin over davidson...I know we're strugglin for a LB but I thought he was ordinary

Yeh i thought he was a bit here and there... but compared to what we have had over the past couple of years he was not too bad. Give him some time and he could become a good consistant left back.
I was really impressed with Franjic. He was better last night than Wilkshire has been for a long time!

It was nice to see the Kruse, Rogic, Oar, Cahill combination go last night. I really feel thats our most dangerous front 4.
Leckie worked really hard, Vidosic was quiet.

Jedinak is excellent at winning the ball in midfield but gives it away way too much. There was a point he won the ball, ran it a couple of meters in space and then passed it about 1m to the side for bresc. That is all he should be doing. Win ball play, give the thing to someone else to use it.

20-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Agreed. Fappin because they are all good mates with his old man from yesteryear.

Average at best he was.

russjaybee
20-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I may actually be able to find some enjoyment in the national team again.

pv4
20-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I posted this elsewhere. Will just C+V it:

Might as well go player-by-player too..

Ryan - in the battle between Ryan & Langerak, under Ange, Ryan is always going to win. Ange's biggest thing he wants from a keeper is good distribution, with a lot of touches on the ball. Ryan is only the best distributing goalkeeper I've seen Australia produce. The problem with Ryan is he lacks with his catching/high balls/crossing, whereas I think Langerak is better than that. But Ryan is always going to win out v Langerak solely because of his distributing. For reference, see what Ange did when he came to Victory. Velaphi was better at keeping than Thomas (and I REALLY don't rate Velaphi at all), but Thomas could actually play the ball whereas Velaphi is scared to play. A distributor is always going to be first picked for Ange. It's also hard to validate picking Langerak when, although he's at the best club in the world (or one of), he's not getting regular playing time. Whether keepers need this, I'm not sure. But he definately doesn't get the year-round pressure that a starting keeper would get. And Ryan is playing reg for Brugge, so all the stars align for him currently.

Franjic - I have a mate who genuinely believes that Franjic is the best RB in the world, in the sense that he believes you could chuck him into any team & he'd perform. While that may be a bit of a stretch, I'm yet to see him out of his depth. Coming from state league as a centre mid, he has the ball-playing & smarts ability to be a good distributor. And his touch on the ball and pace makes him lethal forward. While he does get caught out defensively a tiny bit, it's not as much as most rightbacks who are given that kind of freedom to bomb forward. Also, with two holding mids, you'd hope he gets covered. Love him!

Neill - I was on the edge of my seat when he got interviewed at the end of the match. I was certain I was witnessing Aus football history by him announcing his retirement. But, he let me down. Basically once that guy decided West Ham was a better choice than Liverpool, he lost me. He chose to walk alone, when he could have chosen to never walk alone. His career post-Blackburn has been a money&greed-driven trainwreck. While I genuinely believe in the 3 msot recent qualifiers (Jap, Jordan, Iraq) he was the best player, I can't see value in keeping him in the squad and others out. But still, handy player. Did get caught out defensively a few times though - they loved running off the back of him.

McGowan - dafuq are you doing mate. Win a Scottish trophy one minute, nek minnit you're chasing dollars in Asia. Get yourself back into Europe where you belong.

Williams - love him, can't help but be frustrated by his injuries. Sort it out, son.

Davidson - I've always known he is Japan-Australian, but man he looks Asian! He needs a silkier touch on the ball - too many times his first touch bounced up and made for some comical passes. Looks proactive & lively though. Way better option than Carney.

Milligan - did OK. Thought his passing was a bit heavy, and sometimes his teammates struggled to control them.

Jedi - still love the guy. A real captain in my eyes. May have had some wayward passes, but did a heap too.

Kruse - is exactly the same as Henrique for Brisbane Roar. Has the skills, has the pace, is known to have some absolute quality moments. But I can't look at his face without thinking it needs a good reconfiguring. Plus he's the source of so many frustrating moments. Sometimes, just when you think he's done all the work in the world to set up a brilliant chance, he'll fxxx it up. And it'll all be wasted. All of these traits I think Kruse & Henrique fit perfectly.

Bresc - so tidy. The best of our [g]old generation still. Was surprised to see him out there though - thought the scandal would have made us scared to play him.

Leckie - looked lively. Obviously should have scored that cross. Stupid tackle to get injured. More suited to two up front to one IMO.

Rogic - love the guy. For such a tall frame, how dafuq does he move like he does??? A true talent.

Kennedy - love the hair.

Cahill - you can't put a price on how valuable he's been to Australia.

McKay - only saw him do one thing, and he turned it over. Very unlike him.

Vidosic - barely noticed him tbh.

Wilkinson - what is the value in having him in the side? There are way better prospects than him coming through.

An interesting stat - ten of those names I mentioned have played A-League. This is only a testament to the strength of the league in how it develops players. I look at the youngsters in the HAL now, and I think they're better than a lot of the above guys were when they played HAL, and it shows me that the future is bright, really bright. Chapman, Sainsbury, Taggart, Brillante, Goodwin, Pain, heaps more. Looking good!

Since Dukes retired, we've had a real striker shortage. Kennedy always injured, McDonald too much of a footballer for any of our coaches at the time, Cahill more a fake striker, Brosque is dreadful, Joel Griffiths misunderstood. With Leckie, Juric, Duke, Taggart, Gameiro, Babalj all coming through, i see more of a striker choice headache than shortage on our hands! Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.

Speaking of McDonald - man I wish he was 4 years younger. Him, in this system, would score more goals than Berisha did under Ange. He'd score a goal a game, and be called on as a national hero.

What this team needs - Spira. We have, and always will, need Spira. He's a reincarnation of Ljubo, without the attitude. That dude is the gem of Australian football. I have only seen him play once for WSW, but it was magical. Until Sainsbury & Chapman are ready to take over, which I give 5 years, Spira needs to be leading us from the back.

Overall though, I don't see CR as a great world force. I still think we have A LOT of work to do to get as tidy as we were, against top teams. Our 1-touch play around is nice, but we couldn't do that against Japan (who I rate so highly - if they make the WC semis I will not be surprised at all). Nor any top seeded teams. But overall we're finally playing a proactive game, and I finally have faith in our coach. Love it!

The Dunster
20-11-2013, 11:39 AM
The last thing I wasn't to see on the foz is people fapping over gypos.

leftrightout
20-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I posted this elsewhere. Will just C+V it:

Might as well go player-by-player too..

Ryan - in the battle between Ryan & Langerak, under Ange, Ryan is always going to win. Ange's biggest thing he wants from a keeper is good distribution, with a lot of touches on the ball. Ryan is only the best distributing goalkeeper I've seen Australia produce. The problem with Ryan is he lacks with his catching/high balls/crossing, whereas I think Langerak is better than that. But Ryan is always going to win out v Langerak solely because of his distributing. For reference, see what Ange did when he came to Victory. Velaphi was better at keeping than Thomas (and I REALLY don't rate Velaphi at all), but Thomas could actually play the ball whereas Velaphi is scared to play. A distributor is always going to be first picked for Ange. It's also hard to validate picking Langerak when, although he's at the best club in the world (or one of), he's not getting regular playing time. Whether keepers need this, I'm not sure. But he definately doesn't get the year-round pressure that a starting keeper would get. And Ryan is playing reg for Brugge, so all the stars align for him currently.

Franjic - I have a mate who genuinely believes that Franjic is the best RB in the world, in the sense that he believes you could chuck him into any team & he'd perform. While that may be a bit of a stretch, I'm yet to see him out of his depth. Coming from state league as a centre mid, he has the ball-playing & smarts ability to be a good distributor. And his touch on the ball and pace makes him lethal forward. While he does get caught out defensively a tiny bit, it's not as much as most rightbacks who are given that kind of freedom to bomb forward. Also, with two holding mids, you'd hope he gets covered. Love him!

Neill - I was on the edge of my seat when he got interviewed at the end of the match. I was certain I was witnessing Aus football history by him announcing his retirement. But, he let me down. Basically once that guy decided West Ham was a better choice than Liverpool, he lost me. He chose to walk alone, when he could have chosen to never walk alone. His career post-Blackburn has been a money&greed-driven trainwreck. While I genuinely believe in the 3 msot recent qualifiers (Jap, Jordan, Iraq) he was the best player, I can't see value in keeping him in the squad and others out. But still, handy player. Did get caught out defensively a few times though - they loved running off the back of him.

McGowan - dafuq are you doing mate. Win a Scottish trophy one minute, nek minnit you're chasing dollars in Asia. Get yourself back into Europe where you belong.

Williams - love him, can't help but be frustrated by his injuries. Sort it out, son.

Davidson - I've always known he is Japan-Australian, but man he looks Asian! He needs a silkier touch on the ball - too many times his first touch bounced up and made for some comical passes. Looks proactive & lively though. Way better option than Carney.

Milligan - did OK. Thought his passing was a bit heavy, and sometimes his teammates struggled to control them.

Jedi - still love the guy. A real captain in my eyes. May have had some wayward passes, but did a heap too.

Kruse - is exactly the same as Henrique for Brisbane Roar. Has the skills, has the pace, is known to have some absolute quality moments. But I can't look at his face without thinking it needs a good reconfiguring. Plus he's the source of so many frustrating moments. Sometimes, just when you think he's done all the work in the world to set up a brilliant chance, he'll fxxx it up. And it'll all be wasted. All of these traits I think Kruse & Henrique fit perfectly.

Bresc - so tidy. The best of our [g]old generation still. Was surprised to see him out there though - thought the scandal would have made us scared to play him.

Leckie - looked lively. Obviously should have scored that cross. Stupid tackle to get injured. More suited to two up front to one IMO.

Rogic - love the guy. For such a tall frame, how dafuq does he move like he does??? A true talent.

Kennedy - love the hair.

Cahill - you can't put a price on how valuable he's been to Australia.

McKay - only saw him do one thing, and he turned it over. Very unlike him.

Vidosic - barely noticed him tbh.

Wilkinson - what is the value in having him in the side? There are way better prospects than him coming through.

An interesting stat - ten of those names I mentioned have played A-League. This is only a testament to the strength of the league in how it develops players. I look at the youngsters in the HAL now, and I think they're better than a lot of the above guys were when they played HAL, and it shows me that the future is bright, really bright. Chapman, Sainsbury, Taggart, Brillante, Goodwin, Pain, heaps more. Looking good!

Since Dukes retired, we've had a real striker shortage. Kennedy always injured, McDonald too much of a footballer for any of our coaches at the time, Cahill more a fake striker, Brosque is dreadful, Joel Griffiths misunderstood. With Leckie, Juric, Duke, Taggart, Gameiro, Babalj all coming through, i see more of a striker choice headache than shortage on our hands! Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.

Speaking of McDonald - man I wish he was 4 years younger. Him, in this system, would score more goals than Berisha did under Ange. He'd score a goal a game, and be called on as a national hero.

What this team needs - Spira. We have, and always will, need Spira. He's a reincarnation of Ljubo, without the attitude. That dude is the gem of Australian football. I have only seen him play once for WSW, but it was magical. Until Sainsbury & Chapman are ready to take over, which I give 5 years, Spira needs to be leading us from the back.

Overall though, I don't see CR as a great world force. I still think we have A LOT of work to do to get as tidy as we were, against top teams. Our 1-touch play around is nice, but we couldn't do that against Japan (who I rate so highly - if they make the WC semis I will not be surprised at all). Nor any top seeded teams. But overall we're finally playing a proactive game, and I finally have faith in our coach. Love it!

I agree with basically every single word of that summary.

I think your goal keeper theory is 100% spot on. Ryan and can play out well and he is very effective with both feet.
I would still prefer langerak though, he wasn't a dirty gypo!

q-money
20-11-2013, 12:03 PM
costa rica were half pace, straya were very lucky

these two teams will get raped at the world cup, mark my words

MFKS
20-11-2013, 12:29 PM
:angry:PV4 you are so full of shit. :wtf:

Birraz has much better distribution, is a better keeper, has better hair, and doesn't sound like a transvestite when being interviewed. So as far as I am concerned Birraz is a better keeper than Mat ****ing Ryan

Wilkinson is a ****ing useless hack. Taylor Reagan is a better player than him. Poor bloke is just being held back by Gary

Jedinak is a complete ****ing hack. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't ****ing play can't tackle. Seriously how the **** is this bloke playing in the EPL when he is barely an NBN Level player. Feel the Aussie midfield was completely ****ed last night and it started with the **** Jedinak and the other useless **** Milligan. Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

As for Rogic the bloke is a deadset waste of space. Fancy not being good enough to get into a team behind some bloke who is like 33 years old and slow and about to be retired by FIFA. Bloke has no ****ing end product other than to dive on the floor ADP style cause he has NFI what to do when a decision needs to be made.

Bloke wouldn't even get a start at the Jets behind the Beard.

FFS Stop using the forum as a place to Fap over ****ing Gypo scum

BodyNovo
20-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Birraz has much better distribution, is a better keeper, has better hair, and doesn't sound like a transvestite when being interviewed. So as far as I am concerned Birraz is a better keeper than Mat ****ing Ryan

Wilkinson is a ****ing useless hack. Taylor Reagan is a better player than him. Poor bloke is just being held back by Gary

Jedinak is a complete ****ing hack. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't ****ing play can't tackle. Seriously how the **** is this bloke playing in the EPL when he is barely an NBN Level player. Feel the Aussie midfield was completely ****ed last night and it started with the **** Jedinak and the other useless **** Milligan. Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

As for Rogic the bloke is a deadset waste of space. Fancy not being good enough to get into a team behind some bloke who is like 33 years old and slow and about to be retired by FIFA. Bloke has no ****ing end product other than to dive on the floor ADP style cause he has NFI what to do when a decision needs to be made.

:o:o

russjaybee
20-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.

Could not disagree more, I think Duke is overrated.

Also yes we have options at striker, but none of them are anywhere near the level we previously had so I'm not sure it's really that much of a positive...

Kruse has been great for the national team of late imo, one of the few shining lights going forward over the last few games, actually wanting to get in behind and be positive.

Can see the likes of Oar, Kruse, Leckie and even Ruka getting a decent looking with Ange, IF they can get game time at their clubs.

pv4
20-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Could not disagree more, I think Duke is overrated.

Also yes we have options at striker, but none of them are anywhere near the level we previously had so I'm not sure it's really that much of a positive...

Kruse has been great for the national team of late imo, one of the few shining lights going forward over the last few games, actually wanting to get in behind and be positive.

Can see the likes of Oar, Kruse, Leckie and even Ruka getting a decent looking with Ange, IF they can get game time at their clubs.

That's fair, I just see a lot in Duke. We just have to find the "next Dukes" :rof:

MFKFC - allegiances out the window for NT, smh :oops:

parksey
20-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Gypo or not - Jedinak is awful

Grimario
20-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Jedinak is brilliant. Not sure if people actually watch games or just hate him because he is a gypo.

leftrightout
20-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Jedinak is brilliant. Not sure if people actually watch games or just hate him because he is a gypo.

He does give the ball away here and there but who doesn't, he is so valuable to the team. If he can manage to cut out those few cheap turn overs each game he would easily be an amazing player.
I actually believe he will go close to being next captain... though i would love to see it given to someone even younger like Williams, who will hopefully, under Ange, become number 1.
Central pairing of williams and spirra would be ideal.

parksey
20-11-2013, 03:57 PM
If that is the standard you want from our central midfielders then you're in luck but I'd prefer someone who can make a simple pass and is not so reactive.

q-money
20-11-2013, 04:01 PM
tim cahill had 8% of the man of the match votes at half time and the bloke wasn't even on the pitch

twitter and mobile phones have made this country dumb as dog shit

Grimario
20-11-2013, 04:01 PM
You need to get better at watching football, parksey. The off the ball work he does, the positioning, his work rate... it's all of a higher standard than almost the entire squad.

parksey
20-11-2013, 04:07 PM
You would think we were talking about Michael Carrick here.

leftrightout
20-11-2013, 04:09 PM
You need to get better at watching football, parksey. The off the ball work he does, the positioning, his work rate... it's all of a higher standard than almost the entire squad.

Its not just his positioning, he organises everyones positioning around him when we dont have the ball. There was a few times just before he won the ball he told vidosic/leckie/kruse where to go/hold the opposition to force them his way.

parksey
20-11-2013, 04:16 PM
It's a pity he inevitably turns the ball over seconds after this great piece of work. :(

All we need to do is teach a pro footballer how to not panic on the ball and pick a pass and he'll be unstoppable!

Superdylan
20-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Dylan taking capo duties from the disabled section of bay 2 all the way to the international stage!

Man cannot be stopped

Least I had a go Toby. They gave several people a go at megaphone duties last night.

Ta was very disorganized compared to the Iraq game.

Grimario
20-11-2013, 04:26 PM
It's a pity he inevitably turns the ball over seconds after this great piece of work. :(

All we need to do is teach a pro footballer how to not panic on the ball and pick a pass and he'll be unstoppable!

Agreed that he needs more composure but it's not his job to be creating stuff. He is the NT version of Leigh Broxham.

russjaybee
20-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Jedinak is ok, I wouldn't go so far to say brilliant. He's solid and I think more importantly is playing regularly at a high level. I would still take an in form (and young obv) Grella over Jedinak so let's keep things in perspective. Just because he's better than other options we have right now does not make him the be all and end all.

Is that legit re Timmy and actually receiving votes when he wasn't even on the pitch? If so... wow.

parksey
20-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Agreed that he needs more composure but it's not his job to be creating stuff. He is the NT version of Leigh Broxham.

it's not about being creative. he's supposed to be a ball winner and what good is a ball winner who can't keep the ball once he's won it?

i'd rather have leigh broxham.

q-money
20-11-2013, 05:30 PM
He is the NT version of Leigh Broxham.
how is his DJ form? DJ brox is hard 2 beat

q-money
20-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Is that legit re Timmy and actually receiving votes when he wasn't even on the pitch? If so... wow.
yep

goaliepersempre
20-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Get rid of Lucas arrogant bastard.... Slow progress. But people need to come down from thinking the level we think we are at to what we really are.....

Grimario
20-11-2013, 09:32 PM
how is his DJ form? DJ brox is hard 2 beat

I heard a rumour that he likes to beat brox.

plague
20-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Get rid of Lucas arrogant bastard.... Slow progress. But people need to come down from thinking the level we think we are at to what we really are.....

Bhah. I want Lucas Neill to come out next match with shin pads made of compressed $100 notes with a couple of 'hos leading him out the tunnel. Celebrate the next goal by making it rain like he was up in da club.
Blokes' coined up and lives the lyf.
**** da h8rz.
Sif povos in the crowd can boo him.

plague
20-11-2013, 10:38 PM

This is your Great Gatsby.
Greatest thing you've ever dribbled my son. So much gospel.
Well in.

militiamon
20-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Cheers for the bump plague, I missed it the first time around.
Looking forward to the Hollywood remake.

russjaybee
21-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

Rof missed this

hawk
21-11-2013, 08:08 PM
costa rica were half pace, straya were very lucky

these two teams will get raped at the world cup, mark my words

sitting next to the ticos and heard all tunes that would be on speedy gonzles ep. underlay

MFKS
06-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Hearing we will be playing Colombia in March away

joel31
06-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Hearing we will be playing Colombia in March away
Why can't we play them at home. I'd love to see Falcao, Rodriguez and Quintero live

belchardo
09-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Socceroos looking at Scotland and Sweden as potential opponents before World Cup

Dominic Bossi
Published: January 8, 2014 - 5:00PM

Scotland are emerging as the likely opponents to play the Socceroos in their send-off game before the 2014 World Cup, though there remains a chance Australian fans could be treated to a visit from Zlatan Ibrahimovic with Sweden also a contender to take part in the match.

Fairfax Media understands Football Federation of Australia is close to securing an opponent for the May farewell game for the Socceroos, with Scotland the front-runner to take part in the event, likely to be held in Sydney or Melbourne.

Should a deal be concluded with the Scottish Football Association, it would be Scotland's first match against the Socceroos in Australia in almost 30 years, following the 1985 World Cup qualifier in Melbourne.

After the disappointment of a low-profile farewell game in 2010 against New Zealand, the FFA is hoping to lure to Australia one of the strongest European nations that did not qualify for the World Cup. Due to the travel required, it is unlikely the FFA will be able to lure any qualified nations to Australia before Brazil.

While Scotland have not qualified for a major tournament since the 1998 World Cup and haven’t made much of an impact since, they are regarded as a formidable emerging nation and have risen 35 places in the FIFA rankings over the past year to move into 34th. The Scots are also seen as an attractive drawcard for the home farewell game due to the large Scottish diaspora in Australia that will boost the attention surrounding the match. Australia last played Scotland in a 2012 friendly and lost 3-1 at Easter Rd, Edinburgh.

A visit from Ibrahimovic, one of the World’s best strikers, remains a possibility with negotiations to bring out Sweden before the World Cup also understood to have taken place. Sweden narrowly missed a place in Brazil after losing out to Portugal in the World Cup Qualifying knock-out round and will be free to travel to Australia in late May.

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/socceroos-looking-at-scotland-and-sweden-as-potential-opponents-before-world-cup-20140108-30gfo.html

would be happy to watch either side.

Premy
09-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Ibra!!!!! farrkk yeah

belchardo
17-01-2014, 02:03 PM
“Croatia and Australia will play a friendly match on 6 June 2014 in Brazil, which will be the final game for both national sides before the World Cup,” the website said. “The venue will be confirmed at a later date."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/socceroos-to-play-croatia-before-world-cup-20140117-30yej.html#ixzz2qcKMtObw

joel31
17-01-2014, 02:12 PM
They'd get a full stadium if they played it in Sydney or Melbourne

GazFish35
17-01-2014, 04:27 PM
But then they wouldn't be in the same time zone as the World Cup.

joel31
17-01-2014, 07:22 PM
But then they wouldn't be in the same time zone as the World Cup.
true

MFKS
18-01-2014, 12:20 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/socceroos-to-play-croatia-before-world-cup-20140117-30yej.html#ixzz2qcKMtObw

Hopefully it is in Foz De Iguacu

Grimario
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Confirmed that @Socceroos will play Ecuador on Wednesday 5 March in London #foxfootball

Grimario
26-02-2014, 11:56 AM
The 23-man Socceroos squad to face Ecuador at The Den (London) on Wednesday 5 March 2014 is:
Oliver BOZANIC (FC Luzern, SWITZERLAND), Tim CAHILL (New York Red Bulls, USA), Jason DAVIDSON (SC Heracles Almelo, NETHERLANDS), Ivan FRANJIC (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA), Curtis GOOD (Dundee United FC, SCOTLAND), Ben HALLORAN (Fortuna Dusseldorf, GERMANY), Chris HERD (Aston Villa FC, ENGLAND), James HOLLAND (FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA), Mile JEDINAK (Crystal Palace FC, ENGLAND), Brad JONES (Liverpool FC, ENGLAND), Mitchell LANGERAK (B.V. Borussia 09 Dortmund, GERMANY), Matthew LECKIE (FSV Frankfurt 1899, GERMANY), Massimo LUONGO (Swindon Town FC, ENGLAND), Ryan MCGOWAN (Shandong Luneng Taishan FC, CHINA), Matthew MCKAY (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA), Mark MILLIGAN (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA), Tommy OAR (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND), Tommy ROGIC (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA), Matt RYAN (Club Brugge KV, BELGIUM), Adam SAROTA (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND), Matthew SPIRANOVIC (Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA), Dario VIDOSIC (FC Sion, SWITZERLAND), Luke WILKSHIRE (FK Dinamo Moscow, RUSSIA).

Hunter403
26-02-2014, 01:33 PM
The 23-man Socceroos squad to face Ecuador at The Den (London) on Wednesday 5 March 2014 is:
Oliver BOZANIC (FC Luzern, SWITZERLAND), Tim CAHILL (New York Red Bulls, USA), Jason DAVIDSON (SC Heracles Almelo, NETHERLANDS), Ivan FRANJIC (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA), Curtis GOOD (Dundee United FC, SCOTLAND), Ben HALLORAN (Fortuna Dusseldorf, GERMANY), Chris HERD (Aston Villa FC, ENGLAND), James HOLLAND (FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA), Mile JEDINAK (Crystal Palace FC, ENGLAND), Brad JONES (Liverpool FC, ENGLAND), Mitchell LANGERAK (B.V. Borussia 09 Dortmund, GERMANY), Matthew LECKIE (FSV Frankfurt 1899, GERMANY), Massimo LUONGO (Swindon Town FC, ENGLAND), Ryan MCGOWAN (Shandong Luneng Taishan FC, CHINA), Matthew MCKAY (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA), Mark MILLIGAN (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA), Tommy OAR (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND), Tommy ROGIC (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA), Matt RYAN (Club Brugge KV, BELGIUM), Adam SAROTA (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND), Matthew SPIRANOVIC (Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA), Dario VIDOSIC (FC Sion, SWITZERLAND), Luke WILKSHIRE (FK Dinamo Moscow, RUSSIA).

Some interesting choices and omissions

Grimario
03-03-2014, 10:54 AM
The not so surprising news just in...

The Socceroos will play South Africa on May 26 at Sydney's Olympic stadium before departing for the World Cup in Brazil.

belchardo
03-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Herd and Halloran have both been withdrawn from the squad. sources: somewhere or other.

Grimario
03-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Yep - Halloran injured, Herd personal reasons... which sources say are NOT because he wants to play for Scotland instead.

Holman and Wilkinson in.

BodyNovo
03-03-2014, 11:36 AM
jeez disappointing game for the farewell game, should have chased a european team that missed the finals again like greece in 06

Grimario
03-03-2014, 11:42 AM
South Africa beat Spain recently... probably smash us by a hatful.

pv4
03-03-2014, 11:57 AM
jeez disappointing game for the farewell game, should have chased a european team that missed the finals again like greece in 06

http://the90thmin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.jpg

BodyNovo
03-03-2014, 11:59 AM
staaawp it

parksey
03-03-2014, 01:41 PM
**** herd just doesn't want to play for us hey

MFKS
03-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Whats even more distressing for the 23 blokes who make the trip to Brazil for the World Cup will be the week they will have to suffer on the Coast as apparently the Socceroos will be having a camp there before the Sth Africa game.

What will be even more distressing will be the 7 blokes who also have to hang out on the Coast for a week before Ange extinguishes their Rio dreams. Blokes won't know what is worse. Exclusion from the WC Squad or a week with the Gypos

Of all the places to hold a training camp they pick that Shithole.

plague
04-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Whats even more distressing for the 23 blokes who make the trip to Brazil for the World Cup will be the week they will have to suffer on the Coast as apparently the Socceroos will be having a camp there before the Sth Africa game.

What will be even more distressing will be the 7 blokes who also have to hang out on the Coast for a week before Ange extinguishes their Rio dreams. Blokes won't know what is worse. Exclusion from the WC Squad or a week with the Gypos

Of all the places to hold a training camp they pick that Shithole.

Nah mate, its a masterstroke from the master coach.
What better way of working out who really wants to play for 'staya then putting them up in gypo central for a week.
Chris Herd has already decided he doesnt have the ticker.
No doubt Ange consulted with the North Terrace to work out if he was violating any human rights conditions by putting the camp on there.

pv4
04-03-2014, 07:56 AM
TBH anyone who genuinely believes Herd doesn't want to play for us is a fool. Dude keeps getting injured, and now he's facing a form of personal issue that is looking likely to see him quit football altogether. He's only 24, and keeps getting hurdles thrown his way - and on top of that he has a large amount of the countries supporters doubting him. It's BS IMO

MFKFC - might give my pal Lucas the rights to my private car spot :cool: but in all srsness, the setup at Tuggerah is beyond (BEYOND) perfect for a WC warm-up IMO.

MFKS
04-03-2014, 08:54 AM
TBH anyone who genuinely believes Herd doesn't want to play for us is a fool. Dude keeps getting injured, and now he's facing a form of personal issue that is looking likely to see him quit football altogether. He's only 24, and keeps getting hurdles thrown his way - and on top of that he has a large amount of the countries supporters doubting him. It's BS IMO

MFKFC - might give my pal Lucas the rights to my private car spot :cool: but in all srsness, the setup at Tuggerah is beyond (BEYOND) perfect for a WC warm-up IMO.

What for WLG???

He won't even be there!!!! :sparring:

belchardo
26-05-2014, 09:16 AM
woo! football day!

Blackmac79
26-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Should be 60,000 there tonight

Tommyjet
26-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Not on free to air, drat

cheflyf
26-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Any streams for tonights game? i cant find anything

Imyourhero
26-05-2014, 07:56 PM
google vip box sports

Premy
26-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Any streams for tonights game? i cant find anythingwww.wiziwig.com

plague
26-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Leckie has been pretty awful (disclaimer: i dont ever reackon hes good).
tommy oar has good engines.

Harper still hates Jimmy Holland coz of his epic handball to win the GF.

eat a dick Harper.
Ground is rubbish though.

plague
26-05-2014, 09:30 PM
didnt see any pre-game stuff. no sign of Tara though. disgrace.

is she there?

belchardo
26-05-2014, 09:39 PM
i'd say there's some room for improvement.

ball movement is way too slow.

Jetmaster
26-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Tara still on leave but is tweeting from the stands.

Premy
26-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Leckie has been pretty awful (disclaimer: i dont ever reackon hes good).
tommy oar has good engines.

Harper still hates Jimmy Holland coz of his epic handball to win the GF.

eat a dick Harper.
Ground is rubbish though.
Leckie has been poo... Get him of needs more Dario.
Troisi off too.

belchardo
26-05-2014, 10:10 PM
it's not looking great for taggz is it? 18 to go and most of the front line subs have been made.

belchardo
26-05-2014, 10:14 PM
how good is our crossing? jets wingers should study this game to learn how to really get under a ball and give the defence loads of time to get under it!

Grimario
26-05-2014, 10:15 PM
it's not looking great for taggz is it? 18 to go and most of the front line subs have been made.

I hope he gets in there based on being a different option to Kennedy and Cahill.

belchardo
26-05-2014, 10:21 PM
kennedy on, another nail for taggz. :(

Premy
26-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah tagz ain't getting a run

Beast
26-05-2014, 10:26 PM
we're screwed, don't unpack your bags in Brazil boys

Premy
26-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Trying to stay optimistic
Highlights:
-Davidson looked solid, was up and back all night, played like someone who wants to go to Brazil.
-Halloran looked dangerous enough in his solid 20mins
-McGowan wasn't great but was more than adequate.
-Ange most surely know now Mckay can't play CM at International level.

hawk
26-05-2014, 10:35 PM
lame friendly not on fta? oh well ABC wasnt bad tonight

belchardo
26-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Trying to stay optimistic
Highlights:
-Davidson looked solid, was up and back all night, played like someone who wants to go to Brazil.
-Halloran looked dangerous enough in his solid 20mins
-McGowan wasn't great but was more than adequate.
-Ange most surely know now Mckay can't play CM at International level.

still 19 or so days for ange to get some improvements.

tonight is the first time i have felt that we're in deep crap. i'm not even sure we'll score a goal :(

leftrightout
26-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Matt McKay **** me dead, did he hit a single yellow shirt the whole time he was on?
Let's hope bresc rogic and jedinak make a ****ing huge difference!

leftrightout
26-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Holland also gives ball away too much. I was impressed with hallo ran when he came on though, can see him going well for us in the future.

Grimario
26-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Biraz, Beard, Taggz, Good, McKay, Luongo, Holland (based on tonights effort) to be the unlucky 7 cut.

The Jerks 3 to be the ones given the flick tomorrow thought that might change if Franjic is actually injured.

Premy
26-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Biraz, Beard, Taggz, Good, McKay, Luongo, Holland (based on tonights effort) to be the unlucky 7 cut.

The Jerks 3 to be the ones given the flick tomorrow thought that might change if Franjic is actually injured.

I Think Sarota will get the Axe before Jimmy and maybe Wright before Good(Injury pending) but the others I have to agree with 100%.

plague
26-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Holland should be on the plane.
Disc-race if that useless Gypo Wilkinson is there.

Grimario
26-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I Think Sarota will get the Axe before Jimmy and maybe Wright before Good(Injury pending) but the others I have to agree with 100%.

Holland on reputation, the level he plays at week in week out should definitely be there. But he was absolute shite today, passing range that made Jedinak look good and some hack tackles that made Burns look competent. Agree that one of the more attacking sorts should miss out but who knows.

Good was 100% ruled out today, wasn't he? Sure it was in the news earlier.

And plague - Wilkinson will go because without Good, we only have 4 fit CB's, don't we? Spira, Wright, McGowan, Gypo...?

MFKS
26-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Should just forfeit now

Too many gypos

Too many shit ****s in the side

No ****ing way in the world is that our best side

Griffo is better than all those ****s

parksey
26-05-2014, 11:36 PM
glad to know that i'm not the only one who thinks leckie is poor. apparently he's scoring goals for his club but i have no idea how.

Grimario
26-05-2014, 11:50 PM
He has 10 in 30 playing in the German 2nd Div. I don't know how much of a step down that is from the Bundesliga.

plague
27-05-2014, 12:22 AM
And plague - Wilkinson will go because without Good, we only have 4 fit CB's, don't we? Spira, Wright, McGowan, Gypo...?

Match analysis (now with added information thanks to Grimario):

We are doomed.
Ange out.

Grimario
27-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Agreed. Ange out.

joel31
27-05-2014, 12:30 AM
My thoughts on the game
-Davidson was solid with overlapping runs I felt confident with him defensively
-I thought defensively McGowan and Wilkinson looked shakey at times
-Too many crosses, not enough chances
-We lack the ability to play the final ball except Oar
-we need Rogic to provide creativity and will definitely miss Kruse
-we are overreliant on Cahill
-Ange trusts his boys (Troisi, McKay, etc.) too much
- active support was non-existent, people need to get organised

I got photos with a few of the players (Holland, McKay and Ryan)

joel31
27-05-2014, 12:31 AM
glad to know that i'm not the only one who thinks leckie is poor. apparently he's scoring goals for his club but i have no idea how.

I thought he was quite good against Ecuador but very average tonight
He's young so i'll give him a chance

leftrightout
27-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Ange said in his post match interview with fox that he thought once Mckay came on that we started to link from midfield to forwards better? I seriously do not understand that comment. He gave the ball away a stupid amount of times and not because he was trying to be "brave" and creative, it was simple simple passes or touches going straight to white shirts.

I think Holland should definitely go just think he was poor last night.

We are going to miss Kruse more than i thought, we are also going to miss Williams alot more than everyone has said so far.
You look at our centre backs and i would put Williams, Good and Sainsbury ahead of anyone else we are actually going to have to play there.

The Dunster
27-05-2014, 08:35 AM
I used to always have a good laugh when people were giving Leckie big wraps. He's nowhere near the quality of Taggart and a quick comparison of their A-League stats proves that.

As for Ange ? Without a team of superstars he's had **** all success as a coach. The South Melbourne and Brisbane sides he was in charge of simply had the best players in their respective competitions and were always destined to succeed.

The times Ange didn't have the best teams he's failed. This campaign will be no different.

MFKS
27-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Hopefully Ange grows a set of balls with his selections.

Taking Josh Kennedy is pointless. Not knocking blokes talents but to me he just doesn't fit into this squad/side

Bloke doesn't fit into game plan style of play at all. Square peg into round hole thing. IF we need to lump it into the mixer for a start Timmy is much better target anyway.

Taking Bresciano would also be a pointless pursuit. If Luca$h ain't going due to lack of football then Bresciano should be in the exact same boat. Add in the fact we are gonna spend most of our time chasing leather around Brazil why take a bloke who can offer little in the engine room from the running/chasing perspective??

You may argue that he can offer some creativity with the ball. Well when you don't have it like we won't he won't be creating shit anyway

Taking Eugene as the 3rd keeper to me is also pointless. Lets face it the 3rd keeper ain't seeing any action anyway. Better off taking the young bloke and push his development along to hopefully accelerate his talent so he is pushing the Gypo in goals in the future as soon as possible. Lets face it Eugene is a HAL level keeper going nowhere. Birraz is destined for bigger career so lets just embrace it now.

The state of our NT is a ****ing disgrace. Lowy can fap off all he likes that we have qualified for 3 WC in a row but we don't even have a team capable of competing at this level at present because he has employed dimwits who have chased their bonus by continuing with the old guard at the expense of the NT welfare by blooding younger players sooner. We could be in the weakest group draw in the WC and we would still be coming a distant last in our group.

Hopefully we see some much needed changes in Aussie Football after this WC and the rapings we cop are not brushed off that we were beaten by quality opponents. The rapings we are gonna cop will be down to the ineptness of the FFA and the decisions they have made/ failed to make well in the last 10 years

MFKS
27-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I used to always have a good laugh when people were giving Leckie big wraps. He's nowhere near the quality of Taggart and a quick comparison of their A-League stats proves that.

Same with Vidosic. The bloke is barely a good HAL player.
Australian Marquee Your having a laugh
I wouldn't pay him more than 100k in the HAL coz that is all he deserves

Come on last night and ****ed 4-5 moves up.

Why do we waste time with these never wases and never will bes

pv4
27-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Ryan looked OK. Didn't have a great deal to do. Maybe attempted too much once or twice with his distribution, and was caught out.
Franjic was great. I absolutely love the man. I felt really nervous when Wilkshire replaced him, and I never thought Wilkshire would have that effect on me. Franjic is the clear standout for the RB position. I haven't bothered to research what Franjic's injury was but I pray it isn't serious.
Wilko, as I feared, is a second rate footballer. He is not even close to international standard. He didn't make any huge, big mistakes, but he just seemed to be a passenger to me. He also didn't mind leaving McGowan isolated at times while he focused on his own game. No awareness of his fellow CB and just a general average performance. He also let a guy run past him once and was probably lucky there was no goal from it all.
McGowan is a quick, lost puppy. He only looked shape-wise good when Davidson was barking at him where to go. This to me says that he only really plays well when someone is leading him around. I suspect him & Neill would work quite well together.
Davidson was my shining light, my Man of the Match. I've never seen him in the flesh, and I was pleasantly surprised how well he did. Wasn't scared to play the ball and opened up well a lot. I have fears over our backup for LB, but our first choice I'm more than happy with!
I barely saw Leckie do anything TBH.
Oar had some good moments but overall I felt he was pretty isolated for a large amount of the game. While he looks good at this level, I suspect he'll be outclassed against the world class teams we'll come up against.
Holland was poor, I thought. And I'm one of his biggest fans! Jedi will be much better there than him.
Milligan I thought had a world class first 20-30mins, and then he just dropped off, and seemed to go missing. I hope he can last the 90!
Troisi I just couldn't get a grasp on. Everytime the wide men needed Troisi close to them, he was nowhere to be seen. But everytime they didn't need him, he'd be really close (and deep) to them, basically treading on Davidson's toes. He played too deep, and mostly I thought the play he was involved in was pretty useless and not threatening at all. I can't see him being useful for our WC starting lineup TBH. Rogic is a much better option at #10.
Cahill is the man. Scores goals, gets chicks. Such an important presence on the field.
McKay getting subbed on was a strange one to me. We had Holland, Milligan & McKay on the park. Was Milligan playing #10 at that point? Anyway, it didn't work. Ange needed to bring Vidosic on for Troisi, I thought. OR play a second striker. McKay was his usual buzz around solid player though.
Didn't rate Bozanic at all when he came on.
Barely got to see Vidosic.

I thought we were insanely good in general until SA scored. Then for the rest of the first half I thought it was OK, but for the second half I honestly couldn't have noticed that Holger/Pim weren't coaching. The moment Kennedy was brought on, we hoofed it - just like the old days. Holger was blamed for a lot, but it's becoming evident to me that it's an inherent problem with the players that they react to certain players being on in a way the coach didn't plan. Because Holger was slayed for the long ball to Kennedy, but the players did it just like normal last night. It looked sad and desperate play.

Overall though I'm happy I eventually went. Parking & traffic at ANZ can go ESAD though :rof:

What this team needs is to figure out who's partnering Spira. I seriously, seriously have doubts over our three options, and am really thinking either Neill or Og would be much better.

PS no Brillante no party

plague
27-05-2014, 10:19 AM
The Franjic injury isn't anything serious apparently - although to be fair that was from Andy Paschalidis who referred to him as Peter Franjic and actually has no ****ing idea what he's talking about so expect Ivan Franjic to be dead or lost his leg or something.
**** Andy Paschalidis

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yeah, thought Davidson was good, agree Kennedy provides nothing especially for how we want to play. Granted we were missing our spine so who knows how we'll go.
I actually think our best chance of a result is against the Dutch.

plague
27-05-2014, 10:21 AM
As for Ange ? Without a team of superstars he's had **** all success as a coach. The South Melbourne and Brisbane sides he was in charge of simply had the best players in their respective competitions and were always destined to succeed.

Cor blimey, fair suck of the sauce bottle Dunster.
The Brisbane team Ange won with was vastly different to the one he inherited. He brought in those good players so he deserves all the credit.

I don't know about Sth Melbourne as I wasn't alive back then and all my mates assure me football was invented in the mid '90s in Manchester anyway.

Bon
27-05-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't know about Sth Melbourne as I wasn't alive back then and all my mates assure me football was invented in the mid '90s in Manchester anyway.

Thats what Parksey keeps telling me too!!

pv4
27-05-2014, 10:46 AM
You guys are idiots. Football was invented by John Aloisi when he scored the penalty against Uruguay.

leftrightout
27-05-2014, 11:12 AM
I actually think our best chance of a result is against the Dutch.

I agree with this... i have a feeling Chile are going to be the worts team for us. I think their speed is going to destroy us!
Just look at the goal conceded last night, how ****ing slow were our two CB's chasing back. May aswell take Neill if we are that slow with younger blokes anyway!

belchardo
27-05-2014, 12:07 PM
You guys are idiots. Football was invented by John Aloisi when he scored the penalty against Uruguay.

no, it was invented when the wanderers arrived you dill.

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Agree. Holland should be the game we target. The optimist in me says. Loss vs chile, Win vs holland, draw vs spain (hopefully resting their top players after 2 wins). If anybody wants what i'm on, pm me.

The pessimist/realist says. LLL.

Our crossing was great from what i've seen. Was working but have seen about 60 of the 90 minutes and there were a lot of crosses obviously trying to target Cahill and maybe a Kennedy coming on late. Just need somebody on the end of it, but we had no trouble popping balls into the box.

Superdylan
27-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Terrible game, too many chances wasted. Good to hit back straight after we conceded though.

Eventful night off the field.

Grimario
27-05-2014, 12:32 PM
SD got laid by the sounds of that. Well in.

parksey
27-05-2014, 12:52 PM
tommy oar's crossing technique is genuinely the worst i've ever seen.

Premy
27-05-2014, 01:15 PM
no, it was invented when the wanderers arrived you dill.
Yeah come on everyone knows the ArrrrBeeeBeee created football and discovered the world was round and everything in between.

The Dunster
27-05-2014, 01:29 PM
How fit is Viduka ?

Blackmac79
27-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Terrible game, too many chances wasted. Good to hit back straight after we conceded though.

Eventful night off the field.

Booed from the megaphone 4 times.

Hit with inflatables.

Just an average day wasn't it dyl?

Superdylan
27-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Hit with inflatables.

Just an average day wasn't it dyl?

Ahh it was all good least I was game enough to lead the home end for abit. I'd like to see you up there Blackmac79.

Premy
27-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Hit with inflatables.

Just an average day wasn't it dyl?Your constant snipes at SD are borderline obsessive. We get it you fancy him or you're carrying a grudge either way FFS move on you're coming of as a twat. I respect a lot of things you do with the Jetstream, your commitment traveling from Sydney for home games, and I value your opinion. But drop the personal attacks FFS.

Blackmac79
27-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Your constant snipes at SD are borderline obsessive. We get it you fancy him or you're carrying a grudge either way FFS move on you're coming of as a twat. I respect a lot of things you do with the Jetstream, your commitment traveling from Sydney for home games, and I value your opinion. But drop the personal attacks FFS.

Was a pretty objective account of what happened, I don't think it was particularly personal either. SD commented about his interesting night off the field, I just recounted what I saw of his night off the field.

Was a tough day at the office for SD. Kudos for giving it a go 3 more time after the gronks in the home end made it clear they didn't want him there. Capo in terrace australis is a hard gig than Jason deurulo had sing at the grand final in a half/half kit.

parksey
27-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Your constant snipes at SD are borderline obsessive. We get it you fancy him or you're carrying a grudge either way FFS move on you're coming of as a twat. I respect a lot of things you do with the Jetstream, your commitment traveling from Sydney for home games, and I value your opinion. But drop the personal attacks FFS.

yeah, it's kinda embarrassing tbh.

back OT, I found it strange that Ange trusted Holland with the holding role when I would have thought Milligan would be much more suited. I thought Holland was more of a box-to-box midfielder.

plague
27-05-2014, 05:44 PM
back OT, I found it strange that Ange trusted Holland with the holding role when I would have thought Milligan would be much more suited. I thought Holland was more of a box-to-box midfielder.

Was thinking similar, unless Ange plans on putting Jedinak straight in Hollands spot so he wanted Milligan to go bezerk as it might be his plan in Brazil. I guess with Jedinak Spiranovic and Bresch to come in it prob didn't matter what Holland did.

Maybe blokes were just ultra keen to impress but there looked a serious lack of cohesion and composure out there last night.

Superdylan
27-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Was a tough day at the office for SD. Kudos for giving it a go 3 more time after the gronks in the home end made it clear they didn't want him there. Capo in terrace australis is a hard gig.

Confirming hard gig, completely different demographic to a-league groups. Loads of people in there I doubt reside in a-league terraces either so they aren't used to singing songs for long periods of time and more reactive chants are started. Too much painted faces and wigs. I wasn't the only one copping shit Blackmac79 some bloke was on the capo stand with a mariners jersey on, another bloke came on with paint on his shirt and face and another guy came on and started the pisspot song.

But it was to be as expected.

Premy
07-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Halloran on for Leckie

Jeterpool
07-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Witches hat on for Wilkinson

Imyourhero
07-06-2014, 10:31 AM
leckie get injured?

Grimario
07-06-2014, 10:33 AM
leckie get injured?

No. People just don't rate him.

Jeterpool
07-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Spira looks good. Oar looks lively too

leftrightout
07-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I think its been a decent start. Croatia aren't exactly throwing a lot at us but we look reasonably comfortable at the moment.

belchardo
07-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Not exactly showing much penetration are we.

Needs more taggz.

MFKS
07-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Not exactly showing much penetration are we.

Needs more taggz.
Still can't fathom how the Griff missed out at the expense of these shit ****s

plague
07-06-2014, 10:48 AM
That Davidson bloke is going ok.
Jeesus, that Gypo in central defence though.
Wish we had 2 Spira's.
Craysha in 2nd gear.

leftrightout
07-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Craysha in 2nd gear.

Yeah they not even close to going full on. They are taking it very easy.

But we did look comfortable, just give the ball away way too much high up the field

Bremsstrahlung
07-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Not bad. Lacking in the final third. Never really look like scoring. In saying that, we seem pretty comfortable, maybe a little too comfortable. Good positioning in most situations. Regardless of the performance, we need a result, or to score, get a bit of confidence.
Tbh, i like that we are getting stuck in. A thing I like from teams in the experience to know when to foul. If the either team is on the counter, foul them early. the earlier you foul, the less dangerous the FK and less likely the card.
Not bad but.

weston
07-06-2014, 10:59 AM
More Taggart, less gypo's

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Anybody else think Croatia have gone up a gear or two?

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Shit defending all round.

plague
07-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Anybody else think Croatia have gone up a gear or two?

Yep.
Gypo Wilkinson (MFKS fav) at fault for that goal. Keeping the striker onside.

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:26 AM
The two fullbacks kept them onside didn't they? spiranovic and wilkinson were doing a good job marking empty space.

Grimario
07-06-2014, 11:27 AM
The two fullbacks kept them onside didn't they? spiranovic and wilkinson were doing a good job marking empty space.

Gypo and Spira doing a good job stepping up to put the striker offside. Not their fault that Franjic and Davidson ****ed up.

Gypo still a gypo though. Everything else has been turd.

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Would really like to see taggz on with halloran, both being fed by bresc.

hawk
07-06-2014, 11:35 AM
wilkinson was their weak point but somehow that **** gets an aussie gig. retards.

Premy
07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
If Troisi goes on before Taggart there should be a Royal Commission.

hawk
07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
wtf, we are letting them kick us, and we're standing off. its not a fking friendly

Grimario
07-06-2014, 11:39 AM
FFS Halloran.

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Taggart would have scored that.

Premy
07-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Bring on the Royal Commission.

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Woo! Taggz! Everybody else get out of the way

Premy
07-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Huzzah

belchardo
07-06-2014, 11:54 AM
We are so much better when bresciano is on the field

Grimario
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Bresc makes us look infinitely better, agreed.

That was a much better performance than I was expecting when I got out of bed this morning.

hawk
07-06-2014, 12:08 PM

always been

furns
07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Taggz put himself about a bit in his short cameo but received zero service

parksey
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM
matthew leckie is the shittest khunt

Premy
07-06-2014, 01:23 PM
matthew leckie is the shittest khuntyep

Grimario
07-06-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't see the Leckie hype, still. Kruse I can see and have seen and we miss him massively on the right... but Leckie does nothing for me. Halloran was even worse when he came on, somehow.

furns
07-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Halloran has looked fine, he just had a nightmare appearence.
Davidson had one in his first Socceroos game, and look where he is now.

I am not a fan of Leckie being played wide, but he is never going to be played central with Sir Timmy there. I would prefer Rukavytsya out wide, but he appears to have disappeared of the face of the football planet.

Grimario
07-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Oh, I don't disagree that Halloran has something about him... but he had a horror show tonight. That touch out for a goal kick was almost as good as Carle's attempted rabona.

plague
07-06-2014, 01:38 PM

^^^^ this by a bazillion.

plague
07-06-2014, 01:42 PM

regardless of where he was standing or who he was marking, any goal that goes in is on him, and ultimately the coach that keeps ****ing picking him.

Ange out.

plague
07-06-2014, 01:44 PM
matthew leckie is the shittest khunt

all you ever hear about is is "how fast" Leckie is, but all he does is run really fast to the ball then give it away or do something else equally retarded.

Leckie out.

borat
07-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Bresc makes us look infinitely better, agreed.

That was a much better performance than I was expecting when I got out of bed this morning.

I think Ang has it just right. Bresch is not defensively strong enough nor has the legs to play in a 3 man midfield for 90 mins. But bring him on late in the game to open up defenses. Tommy Oar was very good, covered the ground well and looked great with the ball at his feet. Not bad for first game at 10.

Grimario
07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
I think Ang has it just right. Bresch is not defensively strong enough nor has the legs to play in a 3 man midfield for 90 mins. But bring him on late in the game to open up defenses. Tommy Oar was very good, covered the ground well and looked great with the ball at his feet. Not bad for first game at 10.

Not his first game at 10 unless you mean for the NT. He has apparently played at the point in a midfield diamond for Utrecht half a dozen times this season. Dunno how true that is though.

Also, FFS... what is with the massive number of ****ing braindead knobs who don't have a clue about football? So many people on FB/twitter/other foz's going on about how we played so much shitty long ball for wingers to chase. Did anyone for a moment stop to think about how Chile play? It's pretty ****ing obvious that Ange has gone "you know what... we might struggle to play possession against Chile. They throw numbers forward. Maybe I can set up like MV and look to counter quickly with fast wide players".

Not ****ing rocket science, khuuuuuunts.

GazFish35
07-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Lol at grim expecting educated football comments to appear on social network sites.

Facebook is not the blizzard

Grimario
07-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Lol at grim expecting educated football comments to appear on social network sites.
Facebook is not the blizzard

Not just there... EVERYWHERE. Even from people that up until recently had appeared to have a clue.

borat
07-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Not his first game at 10 unless you mean for the NT. He has apparently played at the point in a midfield diamond for Utrecht half a dozen times this season. Dunno how true that is though.

Also, FFS... what is with the massive number of ****ing braindead knobs who don't have a clue about football? So many people on FB/twitter/other foz's going on about how we played so much shitty long ball for wingers to chase. Did anyone for a moment stop to think about how Chile play? It's pretty ****ing obvious that Ange has gone "you know what... we might struggle to play possession against Chile. They throw numbers forward. Maybe I can set up like MV and look to counter quickly with fast wide players".

Not ****ing rocket science, khuuuuuunts.
I meant for the NT. We are going to have to defend long periods of each game and I can see why Ang wants young, fit and fast players.

Against Chile we have a good chance if we can defend well. Chile are going to throw everything at us but they play a flat back four that Egypt exposed twice in the first 30mins of their recent friendly.

I would, dare I say it, start Taggz upfront for this game

Mark325
07-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I could understand not playing Taggart if there was an alternative to him, but we really have got no other guys who are true strikers. One thing in both the South Africa and the game today, is that we don't look overly dangerous in front of goals. Taggart, regardless of the fact that he is young and mostly inexperienced, proved for a whole season that he could score goals, yet he gets all of about 8 minutes to play. If you had Bresc giving him through balls and someone giving him good crosses or good passes running in from the wings then he could definitely do some damage to any teams defence, even Spains.

GazFish35
07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Don't want chile to see him though..... Until kickoff

parksey
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
i'd love for ange to **** leckie off but i can't really think of any alternatives considering the squad we have.

not bringing brillante or wilkshire was a mistake. i'd much rather start with franjic higher instead of vidosic/leckie/halloran and have one of those previously mentioned at rb. halloran has showed genuine promise but the other two just don't look up to standard at all. i'm not a huge franjic fan but he's looked more comfortable and would do a job defensively as well.

also wilkinson starting for australia at a world cup is deadset disgusting. surely our defensive stocks can't be that bad, can they? i know we have a few injuries at the back but come on.

borat
07-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Our defensive stocks are that bad. But to be fair I thought Wilkinson performed a lot better than expected, probably cemented his place in the team. Think you are being harsh on Vidosic too as this was one of his better games for the NT. Was up for attack and back for defence. This game gave us everything we needed which was to give Tommy Oar time at 10 and see how it worked. Croatia may not have been playing full throttle but IMO we put them under far more pressure then they were expecting. Franjic was outstanding but need to leave him there now, too late to be trialing other RB's.

Leckie was really the only player who may have cost his chances with that performance. Ang needs to forget about ever playing him centrally and Leckie needs to start to think about supporting other players in the team for a change. Seems to run away from everyone when he has the ball. Just read Ang's post game comments all focused on the front third. Against Chile I would go with

--------------------------Ryan

Franjic------Wilkinson--------Spiranovic------Davidson

------------Milligan-----------------Jedinak
---------------------------Oar
Halloran-----------------------------------------Vidosic
-------------------------Taggart

parksey
08-06-2014, 01:53 AM
vidosic is just a really, really average player. works hard but he's not threatening enough going forward, which is sort of the key issue seeing as how he's playing as a winger.

too slow, too scared to try anything.

pv4
09-06-2014, 03:46 PM
i'd love for ange to **** leckie off but i can't really think of any alternatives considering the squad we have.

not bringing brillante or wilkshire was a mistake. i'd much rather start with franjic higher instead of vidosic/leckie/halloran and have one of those previously mentioned at rb. halloran has showed genuine promise but the other two just don't look up to standard at all. i'm not a huge franjic fan but he's looked more comfortable and would do a job defensively as well.

also wilkinson starting for australia at a world cup is deadset disgusting. surely our defensive stocks can't be that bad, can they? i know we have a few injuries at the back but come on.

Not sure about the Leckie part but that is one of your better posts, totally agree on the rest (although I'm a HUGE Franjic fan).

MFKS
15-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Apparently the Soccerroos will be playing Belgium in September

Jeterpool
15-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Apparently the Soccerroos will be playing Belgium in September

Overseas?

MFKS
15-07-2014, 01:51 PM
believe it is gonna be in belgium

furns
15-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Liege apparently

Jeterpool
15-07-2014, 02:17 PM
believe it is gonna be in belgium

Liege apparently

Thankyou.

Should be a good test.

MFKS
15-07-2014, 02:33 PM
After watching Belgium play Argentina in the QF last week was impressed with them.

They were unfortunate to go behind to the opportunist Higuian strike

After that they probably had the better of the game and kept the Argies quiet.

Despite having some good players just lacked the class player to drag them level

leftrightout
15-07-2014, 02:46 PM
After watching Belgium play Argentina in the QF last week was impressed with them.

They were unfortunate to go behind to the opportunist Higuian strike

After that they probably had the better of the game and kept the Argies quiet.

Despite having some good players just lacked the class player to drag them level

It will be a great test and they are a quality team especially if their players get some league form behind them early in the season.
I disagree about the belgium v argies game. Belgium were woeful, absolutely no game plan and even less creativity. If they play like that against us, we have a great shot at knocking them off with the way ange has us playing.

belchardo
16-07-2014, 09:07 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/15/socceroos-set-friendly-date-with-belgium

Belgium - 4/9
UAE - 10/10
Qatar - 14/10

All away, also another match in september and 2 in november.

Grimario
19-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Young Socceroos game vs US U20 is live right now if anyone wants to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20jnQdW9ks

joel31
19-07-2014, 06:34 PM
how did they go?

MFKS
15-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Apparently we are also playing Saudi Arabia at Craven Cottage a couple of days after the Belgium clash.

Been well publicised

Grimario
21-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Mitch Langerak, Mathew Ryan
Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Carl Valeri, Alex Wilkinson, Bailey Wright, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Terry Antonis, Josh Brillante, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Ben Halloran, Chris Herd, Mile Jedinak

20 man squad for games against Belgium and Saudi Arabia

furns
21-08-2014, 01:00 PM
No Taggz = no party

Grimario
21-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Taggz is injured

furns
21-08-2014, 01:08 PM
facts have no place on the internetz

MFKS
21-08-2014, 01:12 PM
so who comes in when Herd pulls out???

Jeterpool
21-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Carl Valeri!?!

Grimario
21-08-2014, 01:26 PM
facts have no place on the internetz

You been drinking too much from the Fountain of Member

parksey
21-08-2014, 02:17 PM
i feel like there is a heap of guys missing from that squad but i can't think of who they are

Grimario
21-08-2014, 02:22 PM
i feel like there is a heap of guys missing from that squad but i can't think of who they are

Galekovic
Spira
McGowan
Franjic
Bozanic
Troisi
Holland
McKay
Vidosic
Bresc
Taggart

Those are the 11 names that were in the WC squad that aren't in this one.

Line them up

Galekovic
Franjic - McGowan - Spira - McKay
Holland - Bozanic
Vidosic - Bresc - Troisi
Taggart

Handy XI...

leftrightout
21-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Galekovic
Spira
McGowan
Franjic
Bozanic
Troisi
Holland
McKay
Vidosic
Bresc
Taggart

Those are the 11 names that were in the WC squad that aren't in this one.

Line them up

Galekovic
Franjic - McGowan - Spira - McKay
Holland - Bozanic
Vidosic - Bresc - Troisi
Taggart

Handy XI...

Plus the guys missed the world cup like Williams, Good and Rogic.

parksey
21-08-2014, 04:42 PM
what's up with that?

Grimario
21-08-2014, 06:36 PM
what's up with that?

Postecoglou acknowledged injuries ruled out Rhys Williams, Curtis Good, Tom Rogic, Matthew Spiranovic, Matt McKay and Ivan Franjic with experienced campaigners Mark Bresciano and Josh Kennedy still in line for matches in October and November ahead of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.”

MFKS
21-08-2014, 06:49 PM
I like the squad in that we have these blokes

Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Bailey Wright, Tomi Juric, Massimo Luongo, Terry Antonis, Josh Brillante, Chris Herd,

who have barely had a run in the past so good to see them get an opportunity.

Glad to see Ange is looking to use friendlies to develop the squad and find players for 2018 WC unlike the last two dickheads who done nothing.

Rather this than giving other blokes who ain't much chop like Vidosic Bozanic and co a go.

How Wilkinison got picked is a ****ing disgrace though

Premy
21-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Seen a head line the other day that Ronald McDonald was pushing for a start with Dortmond. Had a laugh and scrolled pass.

plague
21-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I like the squad in that we have these blokes

Trent Sainsbury,

Your Gypo love is getting even more pathetic Member.
Serious. When are you moving to Gosford?

Disc-race.

MFKS
22-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Your Gypo love is getting even more pathetic Member.
Serious. When are you moving to Gosford?

Disc-race.

Anything to get that useless **** Alex Wilkinison out of the side.

Last I looked Sainsbury is just a victim cause as a Perth lad he had the misfortune of spending time on the Gypo Coast cause Perth Glory won't play blokes under 35 years of age.

Not his fault

pv4
22-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Sains dates Arnie's daughter. Just thought I'd let you know, MFAW.

MFKS
22-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Sains dates Arnie's daughter. Just thought I'd let you know, MFAW.

Nice try WLG...

Noticed how you refer to Sainsbury and Arnold by abbreviated names like one would if they had some type of personal attachment close link familiarity etc

la bazzle
22-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Mfts

Grimario
03-09-2014, 10:35 AM
So, game on Friday morning (I think?)...

Kruse in doubt after injury scare at training.

What do people reckon Ange will go with? I'd like to see this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwkKDEACQAA_3Ec.jpg

MFKS
03-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Mitch Langerak,

Chris Herd Trent Sainsbury, Bailey Wright Brad Smith,

Mathew Leckie Josh Brillante Mike Jedinak Ben Halloran

Massimo Luongo
Tomi Juric,

Bench
Robbie Kruse, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Bresciano, , Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Carl Valeri,

DEPORTED
Alex Wilkinson,
Mat ****ing Ryan

Result don't matter give the ****ing kids a go and see who steps up.

**** playing the likes on Timmy and Bresc Valeri Milligan etc.
We know what they can do so lets see which of the rest of them can step up

Grimario
04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Brad Smith,

Won't be debuting against Belgium, hasn't received international clearance.

Grimario
05-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Won't be debuting against Belgium, hasn't received international clearance.

It did come thru and he starts on the bench

belchardo
05-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Think this team needs to learn the difference between aggression and thuggery. Herd and jedinak boyh lucky to be on the field imo.

plague
05-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Some of you lot on here applauding the Gypo getting the armband way back when.
Bloke is a discrace.

WolfMan
05-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Ben Halloran is really fast! And, that's where the compliments begin and end for me. Seems devoid of footballing smarts from what I've seen

belchardo
05-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Field is shit. Didn't know hunter venues had an international arm.

MFKS
05-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Only watched the first half before work but can someone explain to me how that useless twat Mark Milligan gets picked??

He is not an international standard CM whilst my arsehole points south to the ground. Tell the **** to focus on being a defender cause that's the limits to his abilities

As for Alex Wilkinson :wanker: FFS Ange you are taking the piss now

Jetmaster
05-09-2014, 09:12 AM
A rear third spine of Ryan, Sainsbury, Wilkinson and Jedinak - spot the trend !

belchardo
05-09-2014, 09:50 AM
all of them have a last name starting with a consonant

MFKS
05-09-2014, 11:16 AM
All of them are shit

Grimario
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Milligan to blame for both goals.

Kept the guy onside by making a massive arcing run into the goal mouth (instead of pushing back out like the rest of the team).
Took a dive to get an unattainable ball and allowed Witsel to take a long range shot without pressure.

Bloke is a flog. Good A-league player, shit international player. Reminds me of McKay in that sense... both Ange favourites.

The sooner he ****s off and picks the best 11 (which after this morning should include Luongo, guy was fantastic for his time out there) instead of his favourites, the better.

Grimario
05-09-2014, 11:37 AM

pv4 went to school with all of them?

hawk
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Milligan to blame for both goals.

add Brilliante and jedinak for missing their part also. spose not having a full experinced squad will lead to conceeding. keeper didnt dive :(

plague
05-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Disgraceful effort.
Hang heads in shame.
You won't win nuffin with Gypos.

BK > Ryan

plague
05-09-2014, 10:57 PM

It's like a MFKS wet dream.
Can't believe he's still defending Wilkinson.
MFKS pretty much ruined our WC campaign.

MFKS
06-09-2014, 11:15 AM
MFKS pretty much ruined our WC campaign.

Plague once again bang on the money.

Member leads the charge and calls for the head of Luca$h.

Finally no more Lucas$h our record since Luca$h reads W 0 D 1 L 5

Blame me

plague
06-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Plague once again bang on the money.

Member leads the charge and calls for the head of Luca$h.

Finally no more Lucas$h our record since Luca$h reads W 0 D 1 L 5

Blame me

The first step to fixing your problem is admitting you have a problem.
Well done mate, and good luck with the rehab.
Now, if only some others on here will fess up and start the healing prices {cough cough pv4 cough cough}.

plague
09-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Gypo Wilkinson pulls a hammy 5 mins in.
The Member lights a candle.

plague
09-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Aaahhh crap they swapped him with another Gypo.
The Member does a happy dance.

plague
09-09-2014, 06:08 AM
and now a Gypo scores.
pv4 announces that any boss who sacks a worker for not turning up today is a bum.

plague
09-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Member still plans on turning up for work as Minister for Everything.

plague
09-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Prob still lose 4-2 or something.
Ange out.

pv4
09-09-2014, 07:18 AM
pv4 went to school with all of them?

:rof:

joel31
09-09-2014, 01:39 PM
how did beard go?

MFKS
09-09-2014, 06:45 PM
About time Ange gave that Bailey Wright bloke a go.

Bloke done well and it is a pleasing thing to have an option at centre back that aint a ****ing gypo loser.

Blokes done more in his career than all those Gypos put together.

WLG Just like to point out the bloke has as many goals at International Level as your boy Luca$h Neill got in his entire NT career in one ****ing game:sup:

leftrightout
10-09-2014, 08:15 AM
how did beard go?

Below average to average (thats much the same as most of the blokes though!)
He certainly hasnt taken his chance for the national team, he will want to hope he keeps going well for his club otherwise he could fall out of contention.

MFKS
10-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Below average to average (thats much the same as most of the blokes though!)
He certainly hasnt taken his chance for the national team, he will want to hope he keeps going well for his club otherwise he could fall out of contention.

Must remember other than Jedinak and Timmy those blokes have barely played many games at all at this level.

Yesterday we would have had times when we had 6-7 blokes with less then 5 NT games out there at the same time. I don't know what everyone else is expecting but it is gonna be 2-3 years of hard graft as Ange bloods these blokes so hopefully come the business end of WC Qualifying in 2017 we are there and able to get to Russia and put up a good fist of it.

I don't understand why anyone thinks we will win the Asian Cup because other than being at home and the home ground advantage that brings we have **** all going for us to see this actually eventuate

Grimario
10-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Luongo was best on park. Can see why Swindon Town boss rejected a whole bunch of offers for him, he is well above L1 level IMO. Can also tell that he has had development in a system far better than the A-League. Kudos to Spurs for giving him that 3-4 years in their set up, I guess.

MFKS
10-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Luongo was best on park. Can see why Swindon Town boss rejected a whole bunch of offers for him, he is well above L1 level IMO. Can also tell that he has had development in a system far better than the A-League. Kudos to Spurs for giving him that 3-4 years in their set up, I guess.

Precisely why I can't understand the lack of love for Bailey Wright from these Gypo sympathisers.

Bloke has gone over to the UK as a teenager and done the hard yards thought his way into the Preston side as a kid and so far has 100 odd appearances at League one and Championship level and is one of the first picked in his club each week at what 21 years old. Got to be given more credit than some Gypo tosser who has played for Tinned Tuna for the last few years in the HAL before ****ing off to some no name foreign league to actually get paid.

Exactly what Wright has achieved so far is pretty much where the like of Timmy and Luca$h were at when they were his age.

plague
11-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Precisely why I can't understand the lack of love for Bailey Wright from these Gypo sympathisers.

Bloke has gone over to the UK as a teenager and done the hard yards thought his way into the Preston side as a kid and so far has 100 odd appearances at League one and Championship level and is one of the first picked in his club each week at what 21 years old. Got to be given more credit than some Gypo tosser who has played for Tinned Tuna for the last few years in the HAL before ****ing off to some no name foreign league to actually get paid.

Exactly what Wright has achieved so far is pretty much where the like of Timmy and Luca$h were at when they were his age.

Hang on a bit.
Weren't you banging on in another thread recently how Aussie kids shouldn't waste their time in English lower leagues?
Weren't you saying that they should be looking at Euro comps as better options?
Sorry if wasn't you (it's hard to keep up with you Member), but I swear sometimes you even argue with yourself when you get a bit bored (and when ForeverRed is not online).

MFKS
11-09-2014, 05:48 PM
The Socceroos will round out preparations for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup with a rematch of the 2011 Final when they face defending Asian Cup Champions Japan in an international friendly in Osaka on 18 November.

The match presents Socceroos head coach Ange Postecoglou and his squad with the ideal opportunity to gauge their progress against one of Asia’s powerhouse nations before the Asian Cup unfolds on Australian shores in January 2015.

“I’m delighted we have been able to secure a match against Japan in November to finalise our preparations for the Asian Cup,” Postecoglou said.

“Our aim is to become the best football nation in Asia and Japan is one of nations we will have to overcome to achieve that goal.

“Over the last 12 months we have tested ourselves against some of the world’s best national teams and this game will allow us to challenge ourselves against a quality side, while also taking on another Asian opponent.

“We have taken steps forward throughout the journey over the last 12 months and this game is a significant step in that process.

“The Asian Cup will be a wonderful football festival in front of our own fans all around Australia and presents everyone involved in Australian football; players, coaches and fans alike, with a unique opportunity as we play for silverware on home soil.”

The match sets up the latest chapter in what is fast becoming one of Australia’s greatest sporting rivalries, following the 2006 FIFA World Cup clash, the 2011 Asian Cup Final and the epic 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in Saitama and Brisbane, which both ended in 1-1 draws.

In 22 matches stretching back to the 1956 Olympic Games, Japan has won eight matches, the Socceroos claimed seven victories and a further seven have ended in a draw.

MATCH DETAILS

Japan v Australia
Tuesday 18 November 2014
Yanmar Stadium Nagai, Osaka
Kick off time TBC

The match will be broadcast LIVE and exclusive on FOX SPORTS.

Should be another cracker hopefully

MFKS
11-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Hang on a bit.
Weren't you banging on in another thread recently how Aussie kids shouldn't waste their time in English lower leagues?
Weren't you saying that they should be looking at Euro comps as better options?
Sorry if wasn't you (it's hard to keep up with you Member), but I swear sometimes you even argue with yourself when you get a bit bored (and when ForeverRed is not online).

I think i was banging on that Aussie kids should be looking beyond the English Leagues as their ideal destination and looking more to Serie A and La Liga Bundesliga etc

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.

He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you

belchardo
25-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Australia will play the UAE on 10 October and Qatar on 14 October.
Australia squad to play UAE and QatarAziz Behich, Mark Bresciano, Josh Brilliante, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Adam Federici, Ivan Franjic, Chris Herd, James Holland, Bernie Ibini, Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric, Mitch Langerak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Mat Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson.

got a few (ex-) jets in the squad

MFKS
25-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Where's Bailey Wright FFS??

Topor :fright:

Also how the **** is Alex Wilkinson still in the squad

Also Ibini :wanker::redcard:ROFL

pv4
25-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Australia will play the UAE on 10 October and Qatar on 14 October.
Australia squad to play UAE and QatarAziz Behich, Mark Bresciano, Josh Brilliante, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Adam Federici, Ivan Franjic, Chris Herd, James Holland, Bernie Ibini, Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric, Mitch Langerak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Mat Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson.

got a few (ex-) jets in the squad

Mark Milligan is an ex-jet also.

Surprised to see Bozanic miss out, even with Luongo basically our only good player last game.

Also where is McGowan?

Not sure on NTS. If we're going off HAL CBs, I would have taken Smith, North or Kisnorbo tbh.

MFAW got his mate in there again :oops:

joel31
25-09-2014, 06:12 PM
NTS got torn apart by Adelaide City, not fit for international football

plague
25-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Geez Member look at all those Gypos.
2Fappenings in one week for you

goaliepersempre
26-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Mark Milligan is an ex-jet also.

Surprised to see Bozanic miss out, even with Luongo basically our only good player last game.

Also where is McGowan?

Not sure on NTS. If we're going off HAL CBs, I would have taken Smith, North or Kisnorbo tbh.

MFAW got his mate in there again :oops:

update bozanic has been injured and missed alot of the season so far over here, i think he is now slowly getting back to fitness....

MFKS
26-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Geez Member look at all those Gypos.
2Fappenings in one week for you

Is it any wonder the countries FIFA ranking keeps plummeting whilst we keep picking these ****ing losers'

Ryan
Wilkinson
Sainsbury
Ibini
Jedinak

All ****ing Born losers

Aziz Behich is a defacto Gypo anyway

Still beats me the luv for shit ****s like Milligan and Troisi.

I can agree Topors form the last few seasons in the HAL has been excellent. Does that warrant a NT call up when the bloke is clearly not NT material??

pv4
26-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Still beats me the luv for shit ****s like Milligan and Troisi.

Milligan has been one of our best national team performers for a couple of years now. Particularly pre-WC, I thought he was better for us than Jedi has been at that level.

Troisi pretty much killed the HAL, he's brilliant.

MFKS
26-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Milligan has been one of our best national team performers for a couple of years now. Particularly pre-WC, I thought he was better for us than Jedi has been at that level.

Troisi pretty much killed the HAL, he's brilliant.

Our NT has been shit for a couple of years now WLG.
We actually went better in Brazil as soon as Milligan went out of the side and McKay played his correct position for once.
The bloke is not a CM's arsehole.
Play him in his correct position of Defence where he belongs.

As for Troisi the bloke had half a dozen good games for Victree at the start of last season. After that done **** ALL.Just like he has done the rest of his career. Has he ever had a decent run in the side anywhere he has been bar Victory???

This country has been waiting for this kid to shine for 7-8 years now. We are still ****ing waiting

Tommyjet
26-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Agree with the member in regards to Milligan. Disagree about troisi tho.

belchardo
11-10-2014, 05:49 PM
God, what a yawn-fest. Glad I didn't get up for it.

MFKS
11-10-2014, 11:17 PM
God, what a yawn-fest. Glad I didn't get up for it.
Gave up on that shit under Pim

Just tape friendlies now and watch them at an hour suitable for me. Competitive games on the other hand I will get up/stay up for but **** getting out of bed at 2am 3am 4am etc to watch a game that most times descends into a farce with the experimental nature of lineups/ mass substitutions etc

Jeterpool
15-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Socceroos lost 1-0 to Qatar this morning for those who missed it

pv4
15-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Socceroos lost 1-0 to Qatar this morning for those who missed it

I blame MFAW for everything that goes wrong with the Socceroos tbh. Particularly when his boy AW keeps getting picked.