PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos Friendlies

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Footyhead
15-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Also the Young Socceroos miss out on the U19 World Cup after drawing with Uzbhekistan

MFKS
15-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I blame MFAW for everything that goes wrong with the Socceroos tbh. Particularly when his boy AW keeps getting picked.

Fully agree the Gypo is a waste of ****ing space. Cost us the goal by being 5yards behind his fellow teammates keeping the goal scorer on side.

Thoughts were the sloppiness of passing is ****ing disgraceful.These ****s were missing passes they should make every ****ing day.

The central midfield is an issue. Complete lack of creativity and Bresciano is past it and we need to move on.

Tommy Oars crossing is a ****ing dis grace and for a bloke with as many caps as he has he should be doing much better. maybe a time to be dropped is in order.

As for the blokes who were fapping off at Troisi as I said complete hack so come at me

Topor has had a good run at HAL level but proved he ain't this standard

Our finishing was shit We could have had 4 or so goals. Timmy Troisi Kruse Smith should have buried their chances.

Gonna be a long year or two with a few more results like this until we are looking like hitting any convincing form.
Hopefully the dumb ****s who think we can win the Asian Cup in 3 months time will shut up now.

If Ange can get us to Russia the job has been done well

cobra23
16-10-2014, 05:02 PM
The golden years are over again, be patient 32 more years until the next generation comes through....:deadhorse: <---we are donkeys

MFKS
16-10-2014, 05:35 PM
The golden years are over again, be patient 32 more years until the next generation comes through....:deadhorse: <---we are donkeys

Like **** it will be. I still expect us to qualify in 2018.

We are and always have been a pretty handy side at home. We only need to keep that and we are into a 2 legged play off at the minimum. We jag a win and a draw on the road and we qualify automatically anyway.

To claim the sky is falling is a bit premature. Have a look at the side played and have a look at the total number of caps we had. **** all 5 players in the starting line up under 10 caps. 3 under 30 caps.

Given 2 years time the side is that bit more experienced and I fully expect Postecoglou to play as many ****ing games as he can in the next 2-3 years unlike his predecessors who chose not to and our side is looking a bit healthier. Add in we are sending more and more players to Europe again each year and the crisis is not eventuating like people think it is.

Yes we will have some short term pain in the next 12-18 months but we are doing what we have to do and will come out of it stronger for it. Russia 2018 we will qualify

Imyourhero
16-10-2014, 08:11 PM
I for one just enjoy having more then 1 game every 6 months to watch our national team play.

cobra23
17-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Like **** it will be. I still expect us to qualify in 2018.

We are and always have been a pretty handy side at home. We only need to keep that and we are into a 2 legged play off at the minimum. We jag a win and a draw on the road and we qualify automatically anyway.

To claim the sky is falling is a bit premature. Have a look at the side played and have a look at the total number of caps we had. **** all 5 players in the starting line up under 10 caps. 3 under 30 caps.

Given 2 years time the side is that bit more experienced and I fully expect Postecoglou to play as many ****ing games as he can in the next 2-3 years unlike his predecessors who chose not to and our side is looking a bit healthier. Add in we are sending more and more players to Europe again each year and the crisis is not eventuating like people think it is.

Yes we will have some short term pain in the next 12-18 months but we are doing what we have to do and will come out of it stronger for it. Russia 2018 we will qualify

I agree with ya MFKS,

i was just a dummy spit about the shit performance we put in the other night... it was more a sarcastic dig at the team.

parksey
17-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I think we will be good value at the cup if ange just settles on our best team asap. Our best eleven should be hard to beat, especially at home, if he gets us playing some nice, attacking football.

We've got problems at either end, which is largely down to a lack of continuity.

Wilkinson shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team and I honestly can't fathom how ange can't see this. Hopefully Williams will be fit to line up with Spira at the centre of defence.

Retro Jet
18-10-2014, 01:28 AM
I think we will be good value at the cup if ange just settles on our best team asap. Our best eleven should be hard to beat, especially at home, if he gets us playing some nice, attacking football.

We've got problems at either end, which is largely down to a lack of continuity.

Wilkinson shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team and I honestly can't fathom how ange can't see this. Hopefully Williams will be fit to line up with Spira at the centre of defence.

After the fk ups that Gypo caused us in Brazil - and now the latest offside gaffe, the streak of pelican shit has to go....

Jetmaster
18-10-2014, 08:36 AM
We have one game left before the AC and I doubt now that the team that plays that will be exactly the same as for the first cup match.

So we won't have a settled team.

hawk
18-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Also the Young Socceroos miss out on the U19 World Cup after drawing with Uzbhekistan

saw that. same old story, juniors still outclassed in all areas of management, coaching, training and thought. thanks ffa

hawk
18-10-2014, 12:20 PM

pity posta cant coach the young or old national side for sh*t. We still need a super coach to get us above our football managerial woes.

MFKS
18-10-2014, 12:28 PM
pity posta cant coach the young or old national side for sh*t. We still need a super coach to get us above our football managerial woes.

It has nothing to do with the Manager at all.

You can't polish a turd etc

FFS Mourinhio Lippi Capello whoever you want would still get shit results with our side

Postecoglou is limited by the materials at his disposal.

We are paying the price for our lack of work developing the yoof/kids 8-10 years ago coupled with the way the NT has been run in the last 6 years with a complete lack of interest in regenerating the side thanks to Pim and Holger

Ange is at least doing what needs to be done even if his hands are tied by necessity

Imyourhero
18-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Viva La Ange

The Dunster
18-10-2014, 01:31 PM
The problem is that there is less incentive now than there was in the past for our younger players to become world class.
Twenty years ago you either set your sights on Europe or you worked a regular job and played football part time.
Today, players can make a comfortable living without ever approaching the level required to get a start in the big leagues of Europe.

I'm a big fan of the A-league but at the international level I also think it has become detrimental to our progress on the world stage.

MFKS
18-10-2014, 01:45 PM
The problem is that there is less incentive now than there was in the past for our younger players to become world class.
Twenty years ago you either set your sights on Europe or you worked a regular job and played football part time.
Today, players can make a comfortable living without ever approaching the level required to get a start in the big leagues of Europe.

I'm a big fan of the A-league but at the international level I also think it has become detrimental to our progress on the world stage.
Interesting point about the comfort levels of the HAL and the ridiculously high wages they earn for output

Blokes though do have some high desire to **** off overseas though at the first available opportunity so it ain't like the better ones see the HAL as a cash cow

Could even argue the case that having nine teams in the top flight(Nix are NZ) limits the opportunities particularly for the younger players that use to be the case in the NSL when they had 14-16 teams etc

furns
18-10-2014, 04:27 PM

FFS Mourinhio Lippi Capello whoever you want would still get shit results with our side

We are paying the price for our lack of work developing the yoof/kids 8-10 years ago coupled with the way the NT has been run in the last 6 years with a complete lack of interest in regenerating the side thanks to Pim and Holger

Ange is at least doing what needs to be done even if his hands are tied by necessity

Not often we agree, but this is correct. We simply weren't producing the quality from the grassroots for the current crop of players. I think that we are now with the National Cirriculum, but we are suffering now from the lack of direction a decade ago. As is evidenced by the u17's crashing out of the WC.
It's going to take another two world cup qualification cycles at least until the current crop is phased out and newer better players come through.

MFKS
04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Apparently rumour mentioned the other night before one of the HAL games was that March we were a big show of getting the Germans in a friendly in Germany

Grimario
05-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Socceroos squad: Antonis, Behich, Bresciano, Brillante, Cahill, Davidson, Franjic, Herd, Holland, Jedinak, Kruse, Langerak, Leckie, Luongo, McKay, Milligan, Nichols, Mooy, Ryan, Sainsbury, Topor-Stanley, Troisi, Wilkinson

joel31
05-11-2014, 04:17 PM
how many centre mids does ange want

MFKS
12-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Apparently rumour mentioned the other night before one of the HAL games was that March we were a big show of getting the Germans in a friendly in Germany

25th march in Kaiserslautern and it looks a goer.

Apparently let slip by a German official to the media who then apoligised as it has not been officially announced yet

hawk
14-11-2014, 12:38 PM

Of course our juniors have often struggled, our system although starting to improve is always lagging. The times when were have been strong is when kids & families take it upon themselves to go OS and fight their way into better coaching.
Ange is a great domestic coach however it still remains that Ange is a shit international coach. Here is how he left our under 20's after his masterful selection & management.

U/20 World Cup
2001 Round of 16 16th 4 1 1 2 3 8
2003 Round of 16 10th 4 2 1 1 6 5
2005 Group stage 20th 3 0 2 1 2 5
2007 Did not qualify

Premy
14-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Interesting point.

A player that would be 25-29 prime of their career would have been at an important part of their development as a player 10 year's ago 15-19. Now I'm not sure what it is but something big must of happened to the people in charge of those players 10 years ago.
I just can't put my finger on it.

14-11-2014, 01:15 PM
With the amount of players Ange has tried some of us here must be getting pretty close to a call up i'd reckon.

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 01:55 PM
With the amount of players Ange has tried some of us here must be getting pretty close to a call up i'd reckon.

I got a call but we've got an engagement party this weekend and the wife said no, so, you know.

goaliepersempre
14-11-2014, 09:37 PM
25th march in Kaiserslautern and it looks a goer.

Apparently let slip by a German official to the media who then apoligised as it has not been officially announced yet

yewww i may venture across the border for this

belchardo
18-11-2014, 02:16 PM
looking forward to being able to whinge about how bad the socceroos are tomorrow instead of the jets. :D

Premy
18-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing how ABC go with their coverage.

joel31
18-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Looking forward to seeing how ABC go with their coverage.
anyone know whos commentating?

MFKS
18-11-2014, 06:32 PM
anyone know whos commentating?

Stephanie Brantz, Sasa Ognenovski Francis Leach and Stan Lazaridis

belchardo
18-11-2014, 10:05 PM
So, I reckon 3-0 loss tonight.

Think we're in for a reality check tonight.

joel31
18-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Jedinaks 1st touch has been terrible

joel31
18-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Stubbing take note how Australia's midfield and full backs push forward to support to forwards and don't leave them plainly isolated

belchardo
18-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Ryan has to stay at home more often. Fullback passes back to keeper, particularly when the ball is in the centre circle.

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Loungo has something about him, doesn't he? Can clearly tell he's come through a top youth set up rather than some of the a league plonkers.

boz-monaut
18-11-2014, 11:12 PM
not a bad half - certainly not as shit as I was expecting

shame I have to get some sleep before leaving the house at 5 tomorrow

Tommyjet
18-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Need more composure in top third, especially from leckie. Need kruse, luongo and troisi combining more.

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:16 PM
not a bad half - certainly not as shit as I was expecting

shame I have to get some sleep before leaving the house at 5 tomorrow

You and me both, boz. Heading back home to God's country tomorrow, woo.

Premy
18-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Leckie, Kruse and Troisi have been defending from the front brilliantly.

Troisi has been a little wasteful.

Sainsbury and Behich have been draged out of position a little to easily I feel.

Behich and Franjic have been solid getting forward.

Mckay and Jedinak have been lively winning everything in the middle.

Loungo WOW best on field, hope he goes on with it.

joel31
18-11-2014, 11:23 PM
You and me both, boz. Heading back home to God's country tomorrow, woo.
Got a job interview to replace Stubbins?

lquiquer
18-11-2014, 11:24 PM
They sang Vamos Nippon for 20 minutes non-stop.....half time and it's stuck in my head now!!!!.... Help....

BodyNovo
18-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Wish Matthew Leckie would attack like he did in the a league

Runs with it fine but his first option always seems to be to pass

Back yourself M8

plague
18-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Wish Matthew Leckie would attack like he did in the a league

Runs with it fine but his first option always seems to be to pass

Back yourself M8

hes fast you know.
(h/t to Foxsports commentary).

q-money
18-11-2014, 11:43 PM
terrible defending

joel31
18-11-2014, 11:43 PM
I saw it coming. Concentration and marking has been lacking this half

plague
18-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Dont know about you blokes but i didnt see much of a dive from Gypo Ryan:
NOT A REAL 'KEEPER.

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Can someone tell me what McKay really offers? Apart from a **** load of running around, what exactly does he do?

Now importantly, why the **** is he not off doing absolutely nothing yet loungo gets yanked?

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Got a job interview to replace Stubbins?

That's next week.

GazFish35
18-11-2014, 11:47 PM
David Carney's Socceroos ghost in charge of defensive shape on crosses from Japan.

joel31
18-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Can someone tell me what McKay really offers? Apart from a **** load of running around, what exactly does he do?

Now importantly, why the **** is he not off doing absolutely nothing yet loungo gets yanked?
Ange always looks after his boys

joel31
18-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Nice goal. Wilkinson what a joke

joel31
18-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Sainsbury should have showed more strength to block it before he got it though

sammydog
18-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Its like watching the Jets.

Anyone see Viduka's comments on Total Football tonight? He thinks we are in trouble for a few years, I think he is right. Can't see the Asian Cup ending well for us.

Grimario
18-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Wilkinson, ffs. What a gypo

plague
18-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Did you blokes know that if you gave a bookie $1 before 9.30pm tonight he would then give you back $1.61 at around 11.30pm that same night?

plague
18-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Wilkinson, ffs. What a gypo

Careful, the good Member might get cranky if you pick on his boy.

q-money
19-11-2014, 12:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2uLB1dCYAAtbnP.jpg:large

behich ay. make sure that spot doesn't move m8

furns
19-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Mitch Nicholls is absolute shite at international level. Stay in Perf mate

joel31
19-11-2014, 12:11 AM
They should have 5 this half alone

joel31
19-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Mitch Nicholls is absolute shite at international level. Stay in Perf mate
Don't put down anges boys

joel31
19-11-2014, 12:13 AM
The only way we can score

parksey
19-11-2014, 12:31 AM
disgusting

parksey
19-11-2014, 12:58 AM
go away matt mckay

19-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Thought Behich showed twice as much as Davidson has in any of his appearances. Franjic is still useless only getting a start as he is one of those that gets under Ange's desk and does the business.

Grimario
19-11-2014, 07:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2uLB1dCYAAtbnP.jpg:large

behich ay. make sure that spot doesn't move m8

Small pic on phone but I could have sworn it was gypo captain marking the spot before I turned the TV off in disgust.

MFKS
19-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Careful, the good Member might get cranky if you pick on his boy.

Say what you like about the waste of space gypo.

How many times is the wanker gonna be allowed to right royally **** up at this level before Ange says enough and ****s the bloke off 4 eva??
That defending for the second goal was that soft that we as Jets fans would still be embarrassed to claim from our blokes.

As for that first goal great marking 4 blokes marking 5 blokes. Pile of Aussies marking no **** and our GYPO captain standing around the penalty box taking no one. Great leadership when a bloke of his height captaining an EPL side marks no one at all yet you would think he would be one of the first blokes in the side to be relied on to do a job at a corner defensively??

**** OFF THESE GYPOS

leftrightout
19-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Small pic on phone but I could have sworn it was gypo captain marking the spot before I turned the TV off in disgust.

Pretty sure its behich, Jedinak was at the front of the 6 yard box.
Still think he should be in the centre getting his head to the thing though.

As bad as this is going to be for my rep, Ryan was really good. Made a few good saves and his distribution was close to perfect (or is it that i am just used to watching birraz?)

plague
19-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Jedinak isn't that great.
Wilkinson is a disgrace.
Leckie is poor, his movement off the ball is non existent and when he does got it he goes head down towards goal. No vision.
How Nathan Burns can't get a run over blokes like Leckie and Ibini is a disgrace.
Ange OUT.
Gypos OUT.

Agree with the Luongo observations, there is some real talent there. Hope the bloke kicks on.
Other than that see you blokes at the stadium for the "Japan vs Daylight" Asian Cup final.

BodyNovo
19-11-2014, 12:21 PM
leckie last 3 games has been crap compared to the world cup where he just went for it.

sainsbury besides being a gypo impressed.

what has james holland gotta do to get another run to? mckay is just shit and has never been anything special for the NT other than that pass for kewell in the asian cup a couple of years back.

19-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Been saying it for years that Mckay does an awful lot of S.F.A at a million miles an hour.

Bit like our roundabout, Busy doing a whole lot of nothing.

belchardo
19-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I was relatively happy with the first half and thought we might be in with a shot, but gee, japan turned it on in the second. we looked a very distant second when they decided to start playing.

Bluebeard
21-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Time you lot went back to the Oceania federation as you may win the odd game and put a stop to your whinging (and you think the Poms have a problem)

Footyhead
21-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Bit like our roundabout, Busy doing a whole lot of nothing.[/QUOTE]

Scuse my ignorance but who is our roundabout?

Tommyjet
21-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Bit like our roundabout, Busy doing a whole lot of nothing.

Scuse my ignorance but who is our roundabout?[/QUOTE]

Caravella

MFKS
16-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Apparently we are gonna play the USA mid year. US TV leaked it in TV coverage with the upcoming US NT schedule

plague
16-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Apparently we are gonna play the USA mid year. US TV leaked it in TV coverage with the upcoming US NT schedule

Over there Member?
Might be a good away day.
Did they mention a city?

MFKS
16-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Over there Member?
Might be a good away day.
Did they mention a city?

No just had a schedule that USA NT was to play Mexico Germany etc and Socceroos were on the list they had up on the screen graphic. No other info at present

Blackmac79
16-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Will be one of:

Frisco, Texas
Foxborough, Massachusetts
Kansas City, Kansas

plague
16-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Will be one of:

Frisco, Texas
Foxborough, Massachusetts
Kansas City, Kansas

Haven't they been trying to use Salt Lake City as an unofficial 'home ground' lately?

Blackmac79
16-02-2015, 06:29 PM
I was just going off the three listed US games which don't have confirmed opponents yet.

MFKS
27-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Playing Macedonia in Skopje on 30th March according to Twitter sauces

goaliepersempre
27-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Anyone heading over for the game vs Germany?

Its during the week not sure if i can head up there for it.. its a good drive away.. but we will see.

Grimario
11-03-2015, 12:01 PM
So... that Elrich bloke is in the Socceroos squad.

Grimario
11-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Behich, Burns, Cahill, Davidson, DeVere, Elrich, Federici, Franjic, Ikonomidis, Jedinak, Juric, Langerak, Leckie, Luongo, McKay, Milligan, Mooy, Oar, Ryan, Sainsbury, Spiranovic, Troisi, Wilkinson

belchardo
11-03-2015, 12:21 PM
So... that Elrich bloke is in the Socceroos squad.

yeah, but as if Ange knows anything about picking a team. what's he ever won?

belchardo
11-03-2015, 12:22 PM
seriously though, good on him. stuck it out when things weren't great, now a Socceroo.

Jeterpool
11-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Behich, Burns, Cahill, Davidson, DeVere, Elrich, Federici, Franjic, Ikonomidis, Jedinak, Juric, Langerak, Leckie, Luongo, McKay, Milligan, Mooy, Oar, Ryan, Sainsbury, Spiranovic, Troisi, Wilkinson

Who is missing from the ACL squad?

Bresc, Herd, Galekovic, Kruse? In Elrich, Federici, Ikonomidis, DeVere, Mooy

Who is Ikonomidis?

MFKS
11-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Who is missing from the ACL squad?

Bresc, Herd, Galekovic,

Who is Ikonomidis?

Young kid who went over to Italy a few years back and has been in the yoof set up at Lazio

On another note where is Taggz???

pv4
11-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Most upsetting omission is, again, James Holland. The guy is playing weekly in Austria.

Brillante and Taggz I understand leaving out, as they're barely playing.

Ikonomidis will be a Socceroos legend. The kid is phenomenal.

Still don't understand the inclusion of Wilkinson, particularly now that we're bringing the likes of Devere in.

What I like now is we all know the core group that will be picked each time. And it's only a matter of chopping and changing a few players. I feel so much more comfortable with the Socceroos now more than any time over basically the last 5 years.

Good on Elrich. I didn't rate him a whole heap when he was at the Jerks, nor when he was at WSW, but he has IMO come on in leaps and bounds. 28 years old so I'm not exactly sure what long-term he offers the team, but good stuff nonetheless.

Jpool - Antonis is also missing from the AC squad.

MFKS
11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Still don't understand the inclusion of Wilkinson, particularly now that we're bringing the likes of Devere in.

WLG Finally bagging a gypo.

About ****ing Time :thumbsup:

What I like now is we all know the core group that will be picked each time. And it's only a matter of chopping and changing a few players. I feel so much more comfortable with the Socceroos now more than any time over basically the last 5 years. :wtf:
Aren't you the same bloke that was rooting for Luca$h to go to Brazil as you had little faith in the alternatives other than your love child Spira???

Jeterpool
11-03-2015, 02:15 PM
WLG Finally bagging a gypo.

About ****ing Time :thumbsup:

:wtf:
Aren't you the same bloke that was rooting for Luca$h to go to Brazil as you had little faith in the alternatives other than your love child Spira???

Maybe it shows he's not stubbin

Footyhead
11-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Elrich yet another example of someone kicking on after leaving the Jets. Meanwhile over in amateur hour they're trialling Shitney youth players FFS.

plague
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey Member, how cool is it that Ange is now picking State league players for the national team.

Amazing.

MFKS
12-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Hey Member, how cool is it that Ange is now picking State league players for the national team.

Amazing.
What you on about??

HE has been picking Alex Wilkinson for ever FFS

Grimario
26-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Anyone else up watching this morning?

q-money
26-03-2015, 07:20 AM
some bastard in my apartment block hasn't changed the battery in his smoke alarm, so it's chirping every 43 seconds

i am up more by bad luck than design but it could be worse

Grimario
26-03-2015, 07:23 AM
some bastard in my apartment block hasn't changed the battery in his smoke alarm, so it's chirping every 43 seconds

i am up more by bad luck than design but it could be worse

We could get towelled by Germany.

My backup is to go play Clubs with some UK mates.

q-money
26-03-2015, 07:25 AM
didn't dave carney score against germany once? :rof:

Grimario
26-03-2015, 07:50 AM
didn't dave carney score against germany once? :rof:

Yeah, 2-1 when wilkshire scored from the spot.

We've not been too bad but Germany have been Jets like.

Grimario
26-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Devere has been about as good as the guy who plays for Brisbane with the same name.

Oh that's right, can't ever accuse Ange of playing favourites. Franjic and Davidson, ffs.

belchardo
26-03-2015, 08:15 AM
FFS. Why does nobody with any authority realise that a keeper wearing grey is barely distinguishable from a team wearing white! :soapbox:

Nice cross and finish.

boz-monaut
26-03-2015, 08:16 AM
anyone got a link so I can watch it from work?

joel31
26-03-2015, 08:45 AM
This isn't the Troisi I remember

joel31
26-03-2015, 08:45 AM
anyone got a link so I can watch it from work?

http://streamingred.com/bundesliga-football-free-live-stream.html

boz-monaut
26-03-2015, 08:56 AM
got that working - cheers Joel

joel31
26-03-2015, 08:57 AM
got that working - cheers Joel
no worries

boz-monaut
26-03-2015, 09:31 AM
I haven't enjoyed a Socceroos game that much since the game against the dutch in the world cup (Asian Cup was too nervous to enjoy)

thanks again Joel, top quality stream that actually worked on my work computer

Imyourhero
26-03-2015, 11:42 AM
2-2 good result overall. How did we play in general though?

parksey
26-03-2015, 11:48 AM
I hate Leckie again now

Grimario
26-03-2015, 11:53 AM
2-2 good result overall. How did we play in general though?

Better team on the park for all but 20 or so minutes in my view.

Started off well on top, sucker punch after a turnover and then Germany were on top for 10 minutes or so. Then we were the better team for the end of the half, equalised to go in 1-1.
Second half much the same. We made subs and brought on people like Oar/Mooy/Wright/Jurics whilst they brought on some big guns that were being rested. They were on top for the last 10-15 of the game and equalised.

We should have been comfortably ahead though... Burns missed two chances early on, Leckie missed a one on one in first half and then had a free header on the far post after Oar put in a great cross but hit the outside of the post instead of testing the keeper.

Jetmaster
26-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I hate Leckie again now

Ditto - he shits me. Sure he can run and get past defenders, but he sets up little and just cannot score a goal - isn't that the first criteria for your strikers?

belchardo
26-03-2015, 12:54 PM
good solid effort.

backs completely fell asleep for the second.

stubbins - that's how you move forward.

plague
26-03-2015, 01:29 PM
thanks again Joel, top quality stream that actually worked on my work computer

This is the kind of behaviour that started workchoices.

Oh and Leckie is stil shit.

goaliepersempre
26-03-2015, 07:44 PM
just to say, there has been alot of credit given in press over here re last night...

First half and most of the game i do have to point out, Germany playing some different tinkering with tactics (obviously didnt work)...

Its a great achievement and i was celebrating in the train when we went up 2-1 (re my facebook status) some strange looks from others in the train...

But although they played with most of their top players. there where a few newbies and different combos... without Basti and Muller its a different look.

Ron Robert Zieler didnt have a great game and def jedinaks goal, nuer would have saved...

Credit where credits due we played well at times and I enjoyed how we played, however still a long long way to go for the national team and australian football in general. I still think if it was a competitive game the game play might have been different...

Australia had more of a reason to play then the germans..

MFKS
26-03-2015, 09:04 PM
just to say, there has been alot of credit given in press over here re last night...

First half and most of the game i do have to point out, Germany playing some different tinkering with tactics (obviously didnt work)...

Its a great achievement and i was celebrating in the train when we went up 2-1 (re my facebook status) some strange looks from others in the train...

But although they played with most of their top players. there where a few newbies and different combos... without Basti and Muller its a different look.

Ron Robert Zieler didnt have a great game and def jedinaks goal, nuer would have saved...

Credit where credits due we played well at times and I enjoyed how we played, however still a long long way to go for the national team and australian football in general. I still think if it was a competitive game the game play might have been different...

Contrast BK to Neuer.

Neuer at least got something on it.
BK like a commemorative statue in the park

GazFish35
26-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Contrast BK to Neuer.

Neuer at least got something on it.
BK like a commemorative statue in the park

Lol.
If your going to drag the BK/birraz/freekicks debate into here don't let facts get in the way.

Neuer not in goals.

Premy
26-03-2015, 09:52 PM

Whilst the Germans didn't field their strongest squad I feel the need to also mention we had some of our first choice players were missing.
With Kruse, Luongo, Spiranovic, Sainsbury and Cahill all missing it was good to see we actually have a little depth.

boz-monaut
26-03-2015, 10:11 PM
This is the kind of behaviour that started workchoices.

as if anyone affected by workchoices would be in before 6am

plus I'd unfortunately put in my 37.5 hours this week before the game even kicked off - fml

plague
26-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Whilst the Germans didn't field their strongest squad I feel the need to also mention we had some of our first choice players were missing.
With Kruse, Luongo, Spiranovic, GRIFFITHS Sainsbury and Cahill all missing it was good to see we actually have a little depth.

Fixed.

leftrightout
27-03-2015, 08:10 AM
With Kruse, Luongo, Spiranovic, Sainsbury and Cahill all missing it was good to see we actually have a little depth.

Exactly, everyone seems to be going on about Germany being under strength, which they were. But when you look at that, we didn't have the spine of the team who won the Asian cup. To lose your two center backs, best (and in form) midfielder and leading goal scorer and still compete with Germany, its a huge effort and says so so much about what Ange has done with the full squad of players.

MFKS
27-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Lol.
If your going to drag the BK/birraz/freekicks debate into here don't let facts get in the way.

Neuer not in goals.

Just checking everyone is paying attention :rof:

goaliepersempre
30-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Hey i didnt mean understrengthed as such, as I would swap every one of those players and put into the aussie side... What im saying is they really worked on tactical changes and build up play..

Alot of praise has been given to the Aussie's plus they love us in Kaiserslautern!!!!

Grimario
31-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Mooy should kill it tonight ... All these empty seats will be like playing at home

belchardo
31-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Didn't tarek play in the 2007 asian cup qualifiers?

Grimario
31-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Didn't tarek play in the 2007 asian cup qualifiers?

On the bench, didn't play.

belchardo
31-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MFKS
28-05-2016, 06:33 AM
The first half of this game is a quintessential example of the Dutch Frauds masterpiece in conning Australian Football

We have been weak defensively and exposed far too easily.
We have not had a legitimate shot at goal.
We have not really even created a serious chance.
We are behind on the scoreboard and if our opposition had any quality we would be behind by more

But we dominating possession and looking alright

FMD

plague
28-05-2016, 08:53 AM
I don't think Austrslia can win the Euros based on that performance.

MFKS
28-05-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't think Austrslia can win the Euros based on that performance.

Judging on that performance we need to find a striker post haste

Take Timmy who is well past his prime out of the equation and we not look capable of getting goals.

It bit of a shame that Ange is coaching the Soccerroos at this point in time and doesn't have a decent let alone world class striker to call on

Playing his way would be so much more threatening if we had someone up front with some talent

Imyourhero
28-05-2016, 12:33 PM
How did Rogic play?

MFKS
28-05-2016, 01:27 PM
How did Rogic play?

Done little really. Some nice touches but nothing to get him signed anywhere of note

Imyourhero
28-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

belchardo
04-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Game day. Fire up. *sarcasm over*

Has anybody seen any advertising/media about these games? Don't recall seeing anything.

Football is us
04-06-2016, 04:11 PM
There has been a bit of advertising on sbs but not seen much else.

Does any one know of a good pub/club to see the game tonight? I gather it's on Fox and not free to air.

Jeterpool
04-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Wests are usually pretty good but I expect they'd have the league on. The Lambton Park Hotel boys are football fans. Could be a shout

Football is us
04-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Wests are usually pretty good but I expect they'd have the league on. The Lambton Park Hotel boys are football fans. Could be a shout

Thanks, I might give the Lambton Parka try.

boz-monaut
04-06-2016, 06:52 PM
ten years ago when we had a Greece friendly at the MCG it actually meant something

Greece were European champions, it was in Melbourne, where there's loads of Greeks, Greece still had an economy, we were off to the World Cup with a bunch of players mixing it in the best leagues in the world - it was brilliant

now, it's a pointless friendly, Greece were too shit to make the 24 team Euros and our lot are struggling for game time in Europe's second tier leagues 0 plus it's raining and they're playing the same damn fixture in 48 hours - what's the bloody point?

MFKS
04-06-2016, 07:46 PM
ten years ago when we had a Greece friendly at the MCG it actually meant something

Greece were European champions, it was in Melbourne, where there's loads of Greeks, Greece still had an economy, we were off to the World Cup with a bunch of players mixing it in the best leagues in the world - it was brilliant

now, it's a pointless friendly, Greece were too shit to make the 24 team Euros and our lot are struggling for game time in Europe's second tier leagues 0 plus it's raining and they're playing the same damn fixture in 48 hours - what's the bloody point?

You make some good points but settle down. It an end of season friendly played with very little at stake

10 years ago we were heading to a WC for the first time in 32 years.

Of course it had more significance then

Not also forget back in those days we barely played games at all let alone in this country. After the 2001 WC loss in Montevideo it wasn't until 2003 when we beat England we had a significant game other than the usual Fiji Samoa clashes

Now we are spoiled.

Socceroos play every month or two

Premy
04-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Current Generation- Asian Champions and yet to fail at qualifying for the World Cup.

"Golden Generation"- Failed to qualify for Japan 2002 and never won anything of note.

It's comparing Apples to Oranges, I do feel for the current lot however as they are often referred to as inferior to the "Golden Generation" who hasn't won anything of note.

You speak to an Englishmen and the team of 66 are regarded as national heroes, much the same as the Greeks feel about the team of 2004. Yet here in Oz we say the generation to deliver us our first Trophy of note aren't good enough. FML

joel31
04-06-2016, 09:15 PM
does anyone who have a stream?

Grimario
04-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Yep. Foxtel Go, streaming. :gent:

boz-monaut
04-06-2016, 09:34 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

and back to the other conversation - second round of World Cup > winning Asian Cup

Premy
04-06-2016, 09:58 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

and back to the other conversation - second round of World Cup > winning Asian Cup

Again comparing Apples to Oranges.

Good build up with Gus Hiddink and drawn in a group Against Brazil, Japan and Croatia. Then playing against 10 men Italian Team for the best part of an hour and couldn't progress.

Comparing that to
Sacked Coach 6 months out from the start of the World Cup and Drawn in a Group of Spain, Chile and Netherlands a Group that the defending Champions couldn't progress through.
Playing for the 2nd most prestigious Trophy Australia is eligible to win on home soil. A Trophy that the "Golden Generation" failed to win.
Yes Admittedly it's against lesser opposition but you can only play the opponent's in front of you. It's only the opinions of people like you that diminish the great achievement it was.

belchardo
04-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Degatek looks to be a good player.

Geria playing surprisingly well.

Giannou looks good right up until he needs to actually shoot. Could be a very frustrating player.

Australia playing all right in my opinion.

Grimario
04-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Giannou hasn't had a chance to shoot, has he? He's never had the ball in the box facing towards goal. Burns has been wasteful, clearly not really up to match speed.

Geria has been excellent. Far superior to Risdon though quality of opponent could have something to do with that.

MFKS
04-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Current Generation- Asian Champions and yet to fail at qualifying for the World Cup.

"Golden Generation"- Failed to qualify for Japan 2002 and never won anything of note.

It's comparing Apples to Oranges, I do feel for the current lot however as they are often referred to as inferior to the "Golden Generation" who hasn't won anything of note.

You speak to an Englishmen and the team of 66 are regarded as national heroes, much the same as the Greeks feel about the team of 2004. Yet here in Oz we say the generation to deliver us our first Trophy of note aren't good enough. FML

To be perfectly honest winning the Asian Cup is nothing to brag about anyway.
So we ought to qualify in Asia. It is piss weak

Our previous generations who failed had **** all preparation before the dreaded 2 legged qualifier we kept failing in.

Given the 2002 side some decent preparation for Uruguay we may have got there. Everyone seems to forget 13 mins to go and Viduka missed a free header from 3 yards out which if he converted would have had us level on aggregate but going to WC on the away goals rule.

Would have should of etc

But even with abysmal preparation and abysmal administration we nearly qualified

belchardo
04-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Giannou hasn't had a chance to shoot, has he? He's never had the ball in the box facing towards goal. Burns has been wasteful, clearly not really up to match speed.

Geria has been excellent. Far superior to Risdon though quality of opponent could have something to do with that.

Yeah, I am being a bit harsh with giannou, but it's also based on the last game I watched him play as well. That cross from mooy was pretty wicked but think he should have got closer to it.

Grimario
04-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I am being a bit harsh with giannou, but it's also based on the last game I watched him play as well. That cross from mooy was pretty wicked but think he should have got closer to it.

:gent::lulz:

belchardo
04-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Scrap that last - I'm bang on the money :rof:

belchardo
04-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Excellent. Love watching leckie run really quickly in his effort to stuff up a cross.

hawk
04-06-2016, 10:41 PM
grandpa Cahill on to save the day

belchardo
04-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Linesman's a killjoy.

Grimario
04-06-2016, 11:00 PM
grandpa Cahill on to save the day

Almost.

Grimario
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Excellent. Love watching leckie run really quickly in his effort to stuff up a cross.

belchardo
04-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Only scored cause he kicked it into a defenders leg :rof:

belchardo
04-06-2016, 11:04 PM

He didn't have to run for it and nor was it a cross :brrr:

belchardo
04-06-2016, 11:07 PM
I love tara even more now - just asked leckie if getting married was the key to scoring. Gold.

hawk
04-06-2016, 11:15 PM
turned over to tempt fate of a late winner. tick

Premy
05-06-2016, 12:42 AM
To be perfectly honest winning the Asian Cup is nothing to brag about anyway.
So we ought to qualify in Asia. It is piss weak

Our previous generations who failed had **** all preparation before the dreaded 2 legged qualifier we kept failing in.

Given the 2002 side some decent preparation for Uruguay we may have got there. Everyone seems to forget 13 mins to go and Viduka missed a free header from 3 yards out which if he converted would have had us level on aggregate but going to WC on the away goals rule.

Would have should of etc

But even with abysmal preparation and abysmal administration we nearly qualified

I completely agree hence why comparing the current crop to the "Golden Generation" is completely inconsistent and just doesn’t make sense.

Football is us
05-06-2016, 11:47 AM

Tried the Lambton Park, but they only had it on a small screen and very close to a live band. As so often happens in pubs in pubs and clubs these days, there were three big screens on the rugby league and only the tiny screen on the football, and each big screen had a small band of people watching the RL, so reluctantly went to Wests.

Unfortunately the match wasn't much of a spectacle anyway.

Wilso8948
05-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Jedinak is terrible. I've done my best to support him over the years but I think we are now a better team without him. ANZ pitch is worse.

Couscous
05-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Jedinak is terrible.

Did you watch the England game? He was pinging the ball around like Pirlo, he couldn't be passed, and he was unbeatable when it came to headers.

He had little game time at Palace for six months of the season and only started to play regularly over the past few months. He still has two excellent years left, I reckon.

Wilso8948
05-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Actually I've only seen the highlights of the England match. Just thought he's been extremely average the past few qualifiers. I think Luongo Mooy Rogic Milligan have all surpassed him.
It's funny how you say he was pinging passed around as this is the one thing I think he's been so poor at lately. The amount of poor passes last night..

belchardo
05-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Actually I've only seen the highlights of the England match. Just thought he's been extremely average the past few qualifiers. I think Luongo Mooy Rogic Milligan have all surpassed him.
It's funny how you say he was pinging passed around as this is the one thing I think he's been so poor at lately. The amount of poor passes last night..

So you want to replace a defensive midfielder and you name 3 attacking mids as potential replacements? Are you suggesting we play with two AMs?

IMO jedi is still our best DM and Ange clearly wants to play with a DM, so he's the man for the job.

Couscous
05-06-2016, 02:22 PM
The amount of poor passes last night..

TBH, I only saw the England game; didn't watch last night.

Wilso8948
05-06-2016, 02:24 PM
So you want to replace a defensive midfielder and you name 3 attacking mids as potential replacements? Are you suggesting we play with two AMs?

IMO jedi is still our best DM and Ange clearly wants to play with a DM, so he's the man for the job.
Milligan?

plague
05-06-2016, 04:25 PM
I completely agree hence why comparing the current crop to the "Golden Generation" is completely inconsistent and just doesn’t make sense.

Don't underestimate the fact that the current national team has a golden generation of admin and infrastructure compared to the shit rabble that plagued our sport for decades beforehand.

MFKS
05-06-2016, 10:08 PM

Mooy could potentially play there

Problem is he is a lazy **** defensively

Not that he can't do it he far more interested in attacking
He has the ability to play 6 just not the attitude

As for playing DM we always going to play one

When we play Japan or WC we may play two
But the rest of the time it should be 2 AMs out of Mooy Luongo Rogic etc

belchardo
07-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Who punched ange? :rof:

Jetmaster
07-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Who punched ange? :rof:

...came home to the rolling pin.

belchardo
07-06-2016, 09:31 PM
oh fed... :blush::lulz:

boz-monaut
07-06-2016, 09:32 PM
if Federici gets another cap then this nation is criminals and prostitute

belchardo
07-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Milligan?

20 minutes in, i'm thinking no. mooy should also be taken off your list.

Retro Jet
07-06-2016, 09:45 PM
if Federici gets another cap then this nation is criminals and prostitute

Rode past The Station Hotel. Game up on the big screen and when that 2nd? 3rd? minute free kick outside the area
was on, saw AF in goals and was an instant roll of the eyes and a FFS.. to self.

belchardo
07-06-2016, 10:10 PM
We're playing pretty terrible. Marshmallows in the midfield horribly exposing the defenders.

belchardo
07-06-2016, 10:17 PM
The field may look better than sydney but it isn't playing any better. Ball bouncing all over the place in the centre and down the far wing.

belchardo
07-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Federici didn't even dive for that one off the post. Did he dive for the first?

Jetmaster
07-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Still don't get Leckiemania...

belchardo
07-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Still don't get Leckiemania...

Probably because you're too slow...unlike leckie.

Wilso8948
07-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Jedinak is terrible.

Bring back Jedinak.

boz-monaut
07-06-2016, 11:04 PM
so we won on away goals

Jetmaster
07-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Probably because you're too slow...unlike leckie.

I'm just a straight shooter....unlike Leckie!

hawk
07-06-2016, 11:13 PM
We can watch socceroos play euro teams on any given night. A pipe dream 20yrs ago

belchardo
08-06-2016, 07:39 AM
I'm just a straight shooter....unlike Leckie!

:lulzturtle:

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Was there a game? All I hear about this morning is sokkah violence. And by violence they mean people walking wth flares.

plague
08-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Was there a game? All I hear about this morning is sokkah violence. And by violence they mean people walking wth flares.

Nah, plenty of coverage of the game esp old mates long ranger.
Lots of clowns defending the flares too, but that's old news by now.

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Channel 9 was on at the gym and their coverage was "violence in melbourne as sokkah supporters clash with police and cause traffic chaos in melbourne. Sokkah supporters took to the streets with flares before the international and clashed with police. For the record greece won the match 2-1. FFA have stated they will be investigating footage to identify those responsible and issue bans of up to 5 years" With no highlights of the game, purely of flares.

I didn't see any highlights of the game itself in the time I was there.

Anyway, to be fair there weren't many highlights to show. From an Australian perspective anyway.

plague
08-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Yeah well watching Ch9 is prob the big error here.

Sky News reported the flares.
Sports segment reported the game, and even had full wrap of the women's curtain raiser.

Fox sports news had the flares, the game, and the chicks game.

Now this isn't directed at you because as you said it was at a gym but until people change their habits watching/reading these same news outlets then shit ain't changing.

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Well Yeh, I totally agree.
I'm just at work and walked into the tea room and channel 9 was on. There was a 5 minute segment on the flares and the only positive things that was said was "police report majority of the crowd was well behaved, however......"
Maybe I've forgotten to log into the captain obvious account but their coverage is so so one sided it is ridiculous. No mention of result of anything. Just repeatedly mentioning they defied police orders, lit flares, traffic
Chaos. ....meanwhile a few people have been shot in port moresby, but these sokkah hooligans are the bane of humankind".

I dont really expect anything better, from these networks anyway. Just another example of their bias.

Jeterpool
08-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Well Yeh, I totally agree.
I'm just at work and walked into the tea room and channel 9 was on. There was a 5 minute segment on the flares and the only positive things that was said was "police report majority of the crowd was well behaved, however......"
Maybe I've forgotten to log into the captain obvious account but their coverage is so so one sided it is ridiculous. No mention of result of anything. Just repeatedly mentioning they defied police orders, lit flares, traffic
Chaos. ....meanwhile a few people have been shot in port moresby, but these sokkah hooligans are the bane of humankind".

I dont really expect anything better, from these networks anyway. Just another example of their bias.

What do you mean...they reported Leicester winning the English Premier League grand final in a 2-2 draw, didn't they?

plague
08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
No mention of result of anything.

No mention of result? Maybe it was in the 'sports' section of the news?
You were probably watching the 'news' part of the telecast.

As for your last sentence. My god are we still doing that whole 'why can black people use the N-word thing'?

Ch9 probably didn't report on 10 other more popular sporting events around the world either. What's your point?

or you know, people could just stop being dickheads at the football. Weird concept I know.

hawk
08-06-2016, 09:50 PM
No mention of result? Maybe it was in the 'sports' section of the news?
You were probably watching the 'news' part of the telecast.

As for your last sentence. My god are we still doing that whole 'why can black people use the N-word thing'?

Ch9 probably didn't report on 10 other more popular sporting events around the world either. What's your point?

or you know, people could just stop being dickheads at the football. Weird concept I know.

flogs n flares, euro aids

Couscous
09-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Channel 9 was on at the gym

What was your gym program yesterday? How did you feel afterwards?

Bremsstrahlung
09-06-2016, 12:08 PM

Legs and core yesterday. Thanks for your concern.
Was more for the point that I wasn't watching it by choice.

MFKS
23-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Socerroos to play Brazil at MCG in June 13th

Brazil playing Argies a few days earlier

Neymar v Messi

Neymar v Leckie

hawk
24-02-2017, 10:30 PM

chest and arms every day for most in there.

02-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Exactly what Wright has achieved so far is pretty much where the like of Timmy and Luca$h were at when they were his age.

MFKS
02-06-2017, 01:31 PM
???

Jetmaster
07-06-2017, 08:35 AM
This could be the worst WC qualifier night since Iran 97...I have a bad feeling.

Mooy and Rogic need to bring their club form and someone up front needs score goals as Timmeh ages before our eyes.

MFKS
07-06-2017, 09:50 AM
This could be the worst WC qualifier night since Iran 97...I have a bad feeling.

Mooy and Rogic need to bring their club form and someone up front needs score goals as Timmeh ages before our eyes.
Why??

If we don't make Russia it down to the incompetence of the FFA

It will see the change our game needs

Not making it won't be a disaster at all

Failing should be a positive

Jetmaster
07-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Why??

I agree with you - 97 was a wakeup call.

Maybe we need another.

belchardo
07-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Why??

yeah, apart from the lost income that FFA relies on to fund the game, the loss of sponsors, the loss of exposure for the game, it's nothing to be concerned about at all. i mean, the game was so much more successful when we weren't making the world cup after all.

MFKS
07-06-2017, 11:54 AM
yeah, apart from the lost income that FFA relies on to fund the game, the loss of sponsors, the loss of exposure for the game, it's nothing to be concerned about at all. i mean, the game was so much more successful when we weren't making the world cup after all.

**** that short term she be right thinking

We have some serious issues in the game that need addressing

Qualifying for WC is only going to put band aids over the wounds

Best we suffer a set back soon so we can face them and not get left behind by China Thailand Indonesia etc surpassing us as will happen if we keep plugging along

But it all about the short term fix of qualifying for a WC as the game is leveraged on that

belchardo
07-06-2017, 01:50 PM
i'm not saying that we don't have issues, i just don't think not qualifying for the world cup is going to solve anything.

Jetmaster
07-06-2017, 04:26 PM
i'm not saying that we don't have issues, i just don't think not qualifying for the world cup is going to solve anything.

Would get Gallop sacked.

MFKS
07-06-2017, 05:01 PM

I dont think it would be a magic solution either

But these cunce running the game have NFI

Everything is so ridiculously intertwined on the TV deal and Socceroos making a WC

It absolute BS that wages in the HAL go up every year and money is frittered away on shit that really doesn't matter and the fact the dumb ****s wont expand the comp from 10 is a joke

Maybe failure would actually force the changes

belchardo
13-06-2017, 09:24 AM
apparently most of the squad is going to get a run tonight.

Bremsstrahlung
13-06-2017, 10:04 AM
What needs to happen in your opinion MFKS?
I'm assuming the starters are:
- expansion to 12? teams
- stop excessive wage growth

MFKS
13-06-2017, 10:52 AM
What needs to happen in your opinion MFKS?
I'm assuming the starters are:
- expansion to 12? teams
- stop excessive wage growth

Expansion to 20 teams
Get costs for running clubs down

Promote Yoof into HAL much younger
Be a development league for younger players and stop being a cesspit of mediocrity where blokes are recycled club to club

Move clubs to appropriate football stadium and not 33k grounds when you have crowds of 8-9k etc

Simple ****ing things these pea brains should be taking care of

belchardo
13-06-2017, 09:09 PM
12 seconds. top defence guys.

lquiquer
13-06-2017, 09:11 PM
#ffs

MFKS
13-06-2017, 09:15 PM
It was 3 on 2 after the cough up

After Wright got skinned what was that useless Gypo Sainsbury doing??

No cover no pressure on the ball

There was some other **** back there who neither took either of the Brazilian or the ball

****ing pathetic

Then we can get on to the keeper. FFS pick BK

plague
13-06-2017, 09:24 PM
I feel we have already hit peak Leckie 13mins in.

Bloke is def match fit.

belchardo
13-06-2017, 09:27 PM
I feel we have already hit peak Leckie 13mins in.

Bloke is def match fit.

peak leckie is a myth

MFKS
13-06-2017, 09:28 PM
1 Gypo in the side

Must say we look much better

Be beating the Brazilians if no Gypo no Leckie and no Kruse in the side

MFKS
13-06-2017, 09:41 PM
So this is a back 3 where not one of them marks not one of them presses not one of them dominates the space

Exactly what the plan because I have NFI

plague
13-06-2017, 09:51 PM
peak leckie is a myth

h8r

plague
13-06-2017, 10:15 PM
1st harf at least Troisi, Milligan and That Turkish bloke have tried to play positive.

MFKS
13-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Now you play with defenders on the posts from that corner after it hits the bar the bloke on the back post clears that comfortably

#DontReInventTheWheel

The Dunster
13-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Why would we even want this lot to qualify for a world cup - they will only embarrass themselves and the country in front of the worlds largest sporting audience.
We should be taking a leaf out of the US professional baseball book and simply play against New Zealand or some other piss weak nation and call it the World Championship.

steve136
13-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Mooy might be the only Australian in the world that doesn't have the touch of a leper

MFKS
13-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Hey Plague

You watching how shit Mooy is??

EPL player my arse

MFKS
13-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Seriously

2 goals from corners??

What should be our bread and butter being big physical units that pretty piss poor

Grimario
13-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Great strike by Hrustic. Unlucky not to score there.

Jetmaster
13-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Everyone is skipping around it for now but our elimination from the WC is imminent...this team ain't good enough.

plague
13-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Hey Plague

You watching how shit Mooy is??

EPL player my arse
h8r

parksey
13-06-2017, 11:29 PM
really poor tonight even if we were without our two best players.

luongo was awful and kruse is like a shot duck.

no shame in losing to brazil but half our side couldn't complete a pass.

plague
14-06-2017, 10:37 AM
So glad we've developed a whole generation of blokes who can run fast in a straight line and put a boot in bleed for the shirt etc etc etc.

Worshipping Tim Cahill instead of focusing on Cullina and Bresciano out of the '06 generation was the worst thing to happen.

Anyway at least GVE must be sitting back in his rocking chair pretty chuffed at all dem good engines on display.

MFKS
14-06-2017, 10:47 AM
So glad we've developed a whole generation of blokes who can run fast in a straight line and put a boot in bleed for the shirt etc etc etc.

Worshipping Tim Cahill instead of focusing on Cullina and Bresciano out of the '06 generation was the worst thing to happen.

Anyway at least GVE must be sitting back in his rocking chair pretty chuffed at all dem good engines on display.

I remember 80s 90s 00s when we would play Brazil Argentina etc

We were shit too but we at least made them work for the win

That was shite last night and you have to query Ange to his set up

Playing Timmy was a dumb decision
He not going to get it over Thiago Silva either in the air or on the ground

Why not play the young ones

As for the set up on set pieces

FMD amateur hour

The complete lack of intensity into our defensive 3rd to close and mark tightly was disgraceful

You will eventually get found wanting in Asia providing that much space and time

Doing it to arguably the most individually skillful country on the planet was stupid

plague
14-06-2017, 11:19 AM
I remember 80s 90s 00s when we would play Brazil Argentina etc

We were shit too but we at least made them work for the win

Yeah but that's the problem, people were content to have a player stick a boot in and that made them happy.

We had a moment in the sun in '06 with a proper coach and good technical players.

Then we worshipped false idols and did nowt since.

Back then if we'd blown it up like old Ham Berger was supposed to do and really follow the German blueprint we'd be 1/2 way to glory already.

Yet, again, we still at the starting line, and about to start getting lapped by the rest of Asia let alone the good teams in this world.

MFKS
14-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah but that's the problem, people were content to have a player stick a boot in and that made them happy.

We had a moment in the sun in '06 with a proper coach and good technical players.

Then we worshipped false idols and did nowt since.

Back then if we'd blown it up like old Ham Berger was supposed to do and really follow the German blueprint we'd be 1/2 way to glory already.

Yet, again, we still at the starting line, and about to start getting lapped by the rest of Asia let alone the good teams in this world.

That being said Plague we are actually neglecting our advantages

Being physical sticking a foot in are still required trademarks of successful teams

Look at those Joga Bonito boys last night. How well did they work to collectively press us with the ball and stifle our attack

The sad reality is last night we were massively outworked by a superior skilled opponent

Now the only other team who thinks that is a good idea is the Jets

plague
14-06-2017, 11:37 AM
That being said Plague we are actually neglecting our advantages

Being physical sticking a foot in are still required trademarks of successful teams

Look at those Joga Bonito boys last night. How well did they work to collectively press us with the ball and stifle our attack

The sad reality is last night we were massively outworked by a superior skilled opponent

Now the only other team who thinks that is a good idea is the Jets

The picture in my head whenever someone says 'stick a boot in' is that of a Terry Butcher or Mark Rudan. A shitheap player that has 'YOU CANT RUN WITHOUT LEGS' tattooed somewhere on their body. (Usually with spelling errors).

These days the idea of a 'physical' defender is usually pointed at the Juve bloke, Ramos and Thiago Silva.

I think of them as infinitely more skilled than anyone on our team.

Those blokes ain't 'sticking a boot in' they are just ****ing great players.

MFKS
14-06-2017, 12:24 PM
The picture in my head whenever someone says 'stick a boot in' is that of a Terry Butcher or Mark Rudan. A shitheap player that has 'YOU CANT RUN WITHOUT LEGS' tattooed somewhere on their body. (Usually with spelling errors).

These days the idea of a 'physical' defender is usually pointed at the Juve bloke, Ramos and Thiago Silva.

I think of them as infinitely more skilled than anyone on our team.

Those blokes ain't 'sticking a boot in' they are just ****ing great players.

Those blokes all compete like fat starving kids would for a biscuit

When they face the elite strikers of world football as they do regularly they physically do not give the bloke peace and are happy to kick him push him bully him and make his life hell as that what they need to do

Now compare that to our blokes last night who were neither marking or pressuring the opposition in and around our box

No excuses for the lack of Mongrel in our game

Being the Asians are also lacking in this quality it should be a trademark of all our teams

Jetmaster
15-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Watched football for 30 years and all I wanted was to see a Newcastle team fill a stadium and win something, see an EPL game live and see the Socceroos qualify for a WC.

All seemed impossible way back - I can retire happily now.

MFKS
15-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Watched football for 30 years and all I wanted was to see a Newcastle team fill a stadium and win something, see an EPL game live and see the Socceroos qualify for a WC.

All seemed impossible way back - I can retire happily now.

Don't rest on your laurels

The Dunster
15-06-2017, 01:21 PM
The socceroos simply don't have the skill set to play the way Ange and others want them to play. Socceroos need to face reality and once again bring out the Eddie Thompson blueprint so we can start winning again. The only reason the Socceroos have had success in recent years is because we now avoid South America to qualify. Were it not for qualifying through the weaker Asian confederation we would not have qualified since 2006.

belchardo
04-01-2018, 10:47 AM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2018/01/04/socceroos-play-norway-march/

socceroos to play norway in Oslo on March 23 (24th our time).

other interesting bit:

Three ex-Socceroos – Mark Bresciano, Stan Lazaridis and Mark Schwarzer – have been drafted into a committee to find the new coach led by consultants SRi Executive and FFA national teams boss Luke Casserly.It will recommend the appointment of a new coach before mid-February.
THE SOCCEROOS’ WORLD CUP PREPARATION
March 23 – International friendly v Norway
March 27 – Second Europe-based friendly
Late May – Sendoff match on home soil
Early June – Possible friendlies in Europe and in Australia’s base city of Kazan
World Cup
June 16 – Group stage match v France, Kazan
June 21 – Group stage match v Denmark, Samara
June 26 – Group stage match v Peru, Sochi.

belchardo
16-01-2018, 02:19 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/16/ffa-settles-on-shortlist-for-new-socceroos-coach

not really much in the article, but interviews about to start for shortlisted candidates. expect to appoint by mid-feb

belchardo
19-01-2018, 02:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/19/socceroos-to-play-colombia-in-london-as-part-of-world-cup-preparations

Colombia on the 27th.

belchardo
06-03-2018, 01:38 PM
squad!

Aziz Behich, Joshua Brillante, Tim Cahill, Milos Degenek, Alex Gersbach, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Brad Jones (gk), Tomi Juric, Matthew Jurman, Robbie Kruse, Mitchell Langerak (gk), Mathew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Jamie Maclaren, James Meredith, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos, Josh Risdon, Tom Rogic, Nikita Rukavytsya, Mathew Ryan (gk), Trent Sainsbury, Aleksandar Susnjar, James Troisi, Daniel Vukovic (gk), Bailey Wright.

Nabbout and Dimi in!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2018/03/06/bert-van-marwijk-makes-surprise-calls-first-socceroos-squad/

Grimario
14-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Whittled down to 26, Dimi and Nabbout still in.

Behich, Brillante, Cahill, Degenek, Irvine, Jedinak, Jones (GK), Juric, Jurman, Kruse, Leckie, Luongo, Meredith, Milligan, Mooy, Nabbout, Petratos, Risdon, Rogic, Rukavytsya, Ryan (GK), Sainsbury, Susnjar, Troisi, Vukovic (GK), Wright.

leftrightout
24-03-2018, 05:53 AM
We look ordinary but i think Dimi had been one of the best. His ability to keep the ball is refreshing for a wide man in the Socceroos

Grimario
24-03-2018, 06:03 AM
That right side at the back and Jedi have been horrendous.

Imyourhero
24-03-2018, 06:34 AM
Good debut from Dimi, should get himself some more game time in the remaining friendlies. I think the one problem that plays against him is his lack of that extra bit of pace.

Grimario
24-03-2018, 06:58 AM
That was honking

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Didn’t see it live thank god. Watched a bit of a replay and some lowlights this morning.

I’m a little sad to see we aren’t pressing or defending from the front. Not all the time. But there were periods where 1 or two players pressed and they looked a bit shaky and played back to their keeper. Then we backed off?!? Why?
Man mark or zonal their fullbacks and midfield and force the keeper to punt up an 50/50 ball.

The Dunster
24-03-2018, 11:23 AM
We can talk about formations and tactics until we are blue in the face but we simply don't have the players required to be competitive at this level. The A-League clubs don't have anywhere near the incentive they did in the past to develop world class players, and the Australian players here have nowhere near the need they did in the past to be world class to make a good living.

No doubt Australian football has improved since the days of the NSL. Unfortunately, other countries have improved at a much faster rate than us and the gap is starting to look insurmountable.

Even Japan with all their investment in and around the game is pretty much no chance of being a genuine contender at a World Cup.

hawk
24-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Didn’t see it live thank god. Watched a bit of a replay and some lowlights this morning.

I’m a little sad to see we aren’t pressing or defending from the front. Not all the time. But there were periods where 1 or two players pressed and they looked a bit shaky and played back to their keeper. Then we backed off?!? Why?
Man mark or zonal their fullbacks and midfield and force the keeper to punt up an 50/50 ball.

Not hard is it.

We could make it much more harder for any team with better tactics and players knowing their position as a whole.

New coach maybe but have a feeling this bloke will be a chest puffer and cash grabber, bye.

back to basket case, yawn.

Bitches at Channel 7 cant even show a replay. too busy with the Golden Dildo.

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2018, 12:28 PM
Yeh, we may not be full of world class players, but bar maybe 2006, we never really have had many word class players at once.
I’d rather we lose 4-0 having a go, pressing high, taking chances rather than lose 1-0 sitting back trying to stack players behind the ball and keep possession.

You can earn a lot of respect by using your passion and attitude to make up for technical shortcomings. Look at Irvine. He’s one of my preferred options in our midfield cause he runs all day, gets stuck in and is industrious in his effort. He’s a pretty stereotypical championship player but he sums up the type of team I’d like to see.
Contrasting to a Rogic who is obviously capable of world class moments and plays in champions league. But he’s not really a consistent player when he pulls on a gold jersey.

Just want us to show some fight. Underdogs and all that. Mighty ducks.
Ahhh whatever.
See you in 2026.

belchardo
24-03-2018, 01:02 PM
that was a pretty honking performance all round. will want to see some pretty significant improvements in the next match. and now i understand the 1 month camp before the world cup!

defence was pathetic.

where did they put the cows while they played an international friendly on their paddock?

parksey
24-03-2018, 02:30 PM
really hurt to see us playing it back to ryan so often.

having mooy sitting in with jedinak didn't work at all. i'd swap he and irvine, let jackson run box to box and mooy pull the strings and link with nabbout/dimi.

looks like bert is safety first, though. we could get really embarrassed (more embarrassing than being thumped by a poor norway, that is) against colombia if we play like that again.