PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos Friendlies

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Grimario
24-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Colombia beat France 3-2. We're going to concede double figures, aren't we?

baldrick
28-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Are we better this game ?

Did Dimi start ?

I'm only just started watching at halftime

Retro Jet
28-03-2018, 08:51 AM
VukoBeotch bored on debut, so he gave himself something to do.

3min xtra time 2nd half. Take note SFC bum lovin' sh!t ozzie refs....

Retro Jet
28-03-2018, 08:55 AM
PS Where the fook did all those Columbian supporters come from in En-ga-lund? (And don't say Columbia...)
We're there any Aussies there? A long way from Oz v England Feb 2003 at the Cottage.

Macca
28-03-2018, 09:52 AM
We were ok but not a lot to show up front, hardly any chances. Colombian striker that came off the bench second half could have had a hatrick. Nabbout fairly anonymous. Luongo looked good, Behich decent going forward. A lot of sloppy passes straight to opponents.

Grimario
28-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Are we better this game ?

Did Dimi start ?

I'm only just started watching at halftime

No Dimi at all. Nabbout started, featured in a few of our chances but looked on a completely different wavelength to the team at other times. Didn't suck like Leckie but didn't shine like Petratos did. Got replaced by Kruse who I don't recall doing a single thing in his entire time on the pitch. Troisi and Ruka also completely non-existent. Leckie was peak Leckie, amazing first touches, no decision making, running into three defenders after beating them all twice 5 seconds earlier. If he had any decision making capability, he could have been one of Australia's best ever.

Overall, we sucked less than against Norway. Luongo was immense, Behich was good on the left, Risdon basically looked like Dani Alves compared to Milligan or Wright the other night. First half Jedinak was a man mountain, second half Jedinak was wayward passes gifting opportunities to Colombia. Chalk and cheese. I think Milligan and Degenek did enough to ensure squad spots but I am pretty sure everyone is hoping and expecting the back pairing to be Sainsbury and Jurman. Wright distant third or fourth choice as a sub, Sunsjar looked more promising against Norway and is a leftie so likely to at least get more chances.

Rogic was wasteful (surprise). Irvine looked better the other night and strangely came on for 90 seconds tonight to waste time. Beard didn't get a look in at all. Cahill might as well not have been on the pitch for all the impact he had. Jones started first half. First goal scoring chance was him flapping at a cross that was then headed wide. Had nothing to do after that at all. Vuka second half was peppered pretty much the entire 45. Made one save that was directly at him but the rest were wide or hit the post. Borjajajaja should have scored four, point blank header, penalty and 3 or 4 post hits to his name. Headline will either be about birthday boy penalty save or Luongel Massi's mazey run that was our best chance on goal.

cobra23
28-03-2018, 10:43 AM
PS Where the fook did all those Columbian supporters come from in En-ga-lund? (And don't say Columbia...)
We're there any Aussies there? A long way from Oz v England Feb 2003 at the Cottage.

a week ago we would have had the support , then the cricket cheats ****ed us over so now every pommy fans hate us

cobra23
28-03-2018, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Grimario;204070]No Dimi at all. Nabbout started, featured in a few of our chances but looked on a completely different wavelength to the team at other times. Didn't suck like Leckie but didn't shine like Petratos did. Got replaced by Kruse who I don't recall doing a single thing in his entire time on the pitch. Troisi and Ruka also completely non-existent. Leckie was peak Leckie, amazing first touches, no decision making, running into three defenders after beating them all twice 5 seconds earlier. If he had any decision making capability, he could have been one of Australia's best ever.

when ever has this donkey done good for aussie football.
disgrace to the number 10 shirt

Jetmaster
28-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Headlines "Vukovic the Hero".

He gave the pen away ffs!

Grimario
28-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Headlines "Vukovic the Hero".

He gave the pen away ffs!

To be fair it was a shit Degenek touch that basically left him stranded with a "foul the player" or "let him take unopposed shot" as his options.

hawk
30-03-2018, 08:46 PM
When is next one?

boz-monaut
30-03-2018, 09:22 PM
1 June v Czech Republic

hawk
31-03-2018, 09:33 PM
holy crap we have to ready before then

belchardo
01-06-2018, 09:43 AM
9pm kick off tonight.

am hoping both dimi and nabs get some decent game time (even though that probably means they are on the fringes)

Bon
01-06-2018, 09:46 AM
9pm kick off tonight.

am hoping both dimi and nabs get some decent game time (even though that probably means they are on the fringes)

Yeah, Bert seemed to make out that he wasn't experimenting or tinkering with things too much, as there was bugger all time..
Hopefully they get a bit of time out there to impress..

plague
01-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Czechs $2.40 for the win earlier today.
Your boy Plague just backing that truck up.

Imyourhero
01-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Considering Juric unlikely to play given his injury?? Would we expect McLaren given one more chance or Nabbout?

plague
01-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Kruse is trash

Imyourhero
01-06-2018, 10:32 PM
No joke it's not even funny anymore. Even Behich would be a better option up there than Kruse.

Bremsstrahlung
01-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Kruse got an assist.
Leckie with the goal.
Book their spots now. :banghead:

plague
01-06-2018, 10:35 PM
bhahahahah Bizarro Leckie on the pitch. get that dude outta there.

plague
01-06-2018, 10:39 PM
funny part is (33min in), Nabbout is paying the role that they 'want' Cahill to play. But of course they will drop the younger/fitter bloke in favour of the marketers dream.

and yeah why is Kruse out there? he is who is he. this is the same player we've seen for years. Unless coach is set on who he wants why not chuck Petratos out there and see what hes got?

Imyourhero
01-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Behich overlapping beautifully, don't need Kruse too. At least Petratos can hold onto a ball and pick a pass. He's likely as fast as Kruse is nowadays too.

plague
01-06-2018, 10:48 PM
i actually dont mind Rogic playing further up top like this, instead of pretending like he has to work back.
Luongo hasnt really got into the game though.

they just look a away better team without that gypo Jedinak.

ooops sorry forgot hes our best player etc etc etc

Bremsstrahlung
01-06-2018, 10:48 PM
So many stray passes.
Rogic not effective.
Nabbout having a very hot and cold game.
He’s probably who I’m most interested in atm. Noticed him just standing offside when Mooy had his shot. Could have presented an option at feet and played a one two.

Agree, I wanna see Petratos and Troisi out there so he can screw it.

Couscous
01-06-2018, 10:51 PM
Jedi isn't as poor a passer as many make him out to be. He's been playing at CB for Villa over the last couple of months of the Championship. I'd think I'd prefer him on the pitch over Milligan.

plague
01-06-2018, 10:55 PM
oh goodie we're back to calling Gypo Okon 'Paulo' like hes some sort of footballing savant.

**** that gypo failure.

belchardo
01-06-2018, 10:56 PM
getting carved up through the middle with mooy, rogic and luongo

plague
01-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Jedi isn't as poor a passer as many make him out to be.

make him out to be?

hes trash.

and a gypo.

hes brought this all on himself.

plague
01-06-2018, 10:57 PM
dear god they've got those 'Cahilltex' ads on the boards around the ground. how ****ing embarrassing.

plague
01-06-2018, 10:58 PM
although if Bert cuts Cahill on sunday night just for the lulz ill consider him a genius.

belchardo
01-06-2018, 11:11 PM
nabs might have just booked his ticket.

nice finish.

plague
01-06-2018, 11:12 PM
bhahahahah Cahill aint scoring that.

Bremsstrahlung
01-06-2018, 11:13 PM
Cmon Nabbout!
Woooh!
Get him on the plane!

Almost turned off due to the arzani for Russia campaign

plague
01-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Almost turned off due to the arzani for Russia campaign

i do find it interesting that we seem to be the only sport that openly campaigns for inferior players to rep the country based on either 'potential' or 'legacy'.

Imyourhero
01-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Luongo maybe not effective tonight but I worry about mobility with Jedi in there

plague
01-06-2018, 11:18 PM
not sure ive seen Behich play a 'bad' game for Australia.

really like how he plays.

halo se7en
01-06-2018, 11:22 PM
Nabbout having a very hot and cold game.

Most of Nabbout’s games can be classed as hot & cold. It’s inevitable that he’ll try plenty and it won’t come off because it high-risk, high-reward, but he only needs one moment to stick, like his goal, and he’s worth it. He’s not an efficient style of player making dozens of successful passes & looking for slow buildup. It’s all or nothing.

plague
01-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Most of Nabbout’s games can be classed as hot & cold. It’s inevitable that he’ll try plenty and it won’t come off because it high-risk, high-reward, but he only needs one moment to stick, like his goal, and he’s worth it. He’s not an efficient style of player making dozens of successful passes & looking for slow buildup. It’s all or nothing.

yeah its almost like hes Arzani but less trash and with the ability to finish.

in other words...............better.

halo se7en
01-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Suck on that Fox... Dimi was put on ahead of your boy.

plague
01-06-2018, 11:33 PM
i mean the Czech coach and goalie gotta resign letting Leckie put 2 past you.

milligan been good though.

Retro Jet
01-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Leckie with a 2nd.
Bet you just love that Plague.

I'm listening on a Czech commentated stream.
I just heard 'Newcastle Jets' from the dudes mouth.
We're on the map in the Czech Republic peeps!

http://www.sportingvideo3.com/20180601/vv5b106328122001.48061688-1982167.html

plague
01-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Leckie with a 2nd.
Bet you just love that Plague.

best bit is hes only at 40% Leckie.

so much more buildup to go before we reach peak Leckie sometime in the next few weeks.

Jetmaster
01-06-2018, 11:37 PM
What do we think if Milligan's new "Ribery" look?

plague
01-06-2018, 11:38 PM
ok Bert ill do the work for ya.

book a ticket home for Ruka, Brilliante, Arzani (who is trash) and Cahill.

if you wanna keep trash boy or Cahill then send McLaren or Juric home.

keep your spotters fee. im good.

Cheers,
Plague.

plague
01-06-2018, 11:39 PM
What do we think if Milligan's new "Ribery" look?

has he got a 12 year old girlfriend?

plague
01-06-2018, 11:39 PM
wait, did i say that out loud?

Retro Jet
01-06-2018, 11:43 PM
has he got a 12 year old girlfriend?

wait, did i say that out loud?

Yep...and I screen shot them.
:rof:

plague
01-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Arzanis first touch, lost the ball in the air then gave away a foul.

yep, the future is bright.

Retro Jet
01-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Arzanis first touch, lost the ball in the air then gave away a foul.

yep, the future is bright.

And now he's capped we're stuck with him and the Pox Commentator fanboi club for the next x years.
Fml...

plague
02-06-2018, 12:02 AM
after 3 mins listening to Bert my confidence level that hes gonna pick the best team have risen from 0% to 6%.

was interesting to hear Gypo Okon and Bozza say they'd sit Jedinak in favour of Luongo.

which has been the proper opinion to have for the past 3 years but heres hoping if Bert can drop that gypo shitheap he might **** Cahill off too and actually try and win some games.

Retro Jet
02-06-2018, 12:14 AM
So, next game against Hungary on the 10th.
Another game v a bunch of blokes with nothing to play for.

The Czech's looked like they couldn't wait of the game to be over so they could
hang up their boots for the summer and go about the business of
bangin' their hot WAGS for the rest of it...and at the same time watching all the
other dicks playing on at the WC and going without.

MFKS
02-06-2018, 01:47 AM
ok Bert ill do the work for ya.

book a ticket home for Ruka, Brilliante, Arzani (who is trash) and Cahill.

if you wanna keep trash boy or Cahill then send McLaren or Juric home.

keep your spotters fee. im good.

Cheers,
Plague.

Wrong wrong wrong

First 4 to be sent home are

Ryan
Sainsbury
Jedinak
Rogic
Vukoshit

Yes i aware there is 5 but with Gypos we getting a 2 for 1 discount

**** off the Gypsys first

We then will have a fighting chance

Jones
Croat no name kid
Behich
Milligan
Degenek
Leckie
Nabbout
Petratos
Luongo
Irvine
Cahilltex

Send the rest of the ****s home

They aint needed

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Think they’ll start with
Ryan.
Milligan showed a bit of pace about him in CB, not sure how he’s gonna handle Decent players running at him.
DeGenek
Behich
Mooy and Irvine - I realise they are similar players and probably more defensively minded but I really enjoy Irvine’s work rate and he shows a bit of mongrel in the middle, not afraid to put a challenge in. A good showing at the World Cup could get him a better gig too.

Choices.
Luongo or Rogic. If we play in our green kit, play Rogic, tell him the World Cup is cancelled and he has to play a few more games for Celtic. Bloke rarely delivers when he pulls on a gold jersey.
Risdon did better than previously, would like to see this Fran guy before though.
Unfortunately I think an assist and 2 goals means we are subjected to the Kruse and Leckie show again.

Seems like Nabbout is genuinely in prime position to hold down a starting spot at the World Cup. Not sure why they used juric on the bench. If he was injured, rest him, if he was okay to play, start him and see what he could get through and sub him. Unless the plan is Juric/Cahill for the next game.

See ya.
Want Troisi gone.
Want Arzani gone. Heard Armani have already changed their flagship stores world wide to Arzani. I just hate how there’s literally second place in the Johnny warren medal getting a run, and they are more worried about how the Nab young footballer who was clearly second best is still sitting on the bench. Just makes me hate him more.
Maclaren or Cahill - clear which way that’s gonna go.
I think Petratos will probably be cut too.

Risdon looked better than his previous outings but hopefully we see that Fran guy show what he’s capable of.

boz-monaut
02-06-2018, 11:58 AM
from the A-League meme's facebook

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34288826_1670084949753845_3401178034697404416_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHXsp8PMP-NSpGtVufJ4xNhyj-yzlh4jqd5FIAman8Wj9c6XMY37jH_GmRVW96CmgcLQd3PWK3Cf F8cIjDDFmKH3rZHQOMLRPmS_qr-jnvTOw&oh=e3082e1897b455b97c02de9ba25c3398&oe=5B7A6090

Jetmaster
02-06-2018, 03:17 PM
What about Speedy pleading the ref to add injury time to see more Arzani....and he blew right on 90 mins!

Not to mention his numerous VAR references when it wasn't even being used.

Couscous
10-06-2018, 04:41 AM
How about this young Daniel?

Frodo
10-06-2018, 08:03 AM
How about this young Daniel?

If anyone wants to fully enjoy the ridiculous hype. Please jump on Reddit and look at the match threads for this game.

Everyone is saying that he should not only start, but we should clone him 3 times and make him our entire forward line. It's almost Facebook level of crap posting on there today.

I didn't wath the game but saw the keeper pretty much throw the first goal into the back of the net himself. Also read about the other goals being unpressured own goals so I think I might just give this one a miss. Seems like Hungary had their heads elsewhere.

Jetmaster
10-06-2018, 09:47 AM
9.5 match rating for Arseani on Fox.....ridiculous.

Frodo
10-06-2018, 10:07 AM

9.5 for a sub. haha. We are trying to overtake England here with over reactions on a young player.

I'm sure he played well but jeez. That goal was trash, he did about 30% and the keeper did the rest.

The pass was nice for the second, but the cross was going to no-one and the defender nutmegged his keeper with no pressure on him.

belchardo
10-06-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm sure he played well but jeez. That goal was trash, he did about 30% and the keeper did the rest.

i think you are being unfair. the keeper didn't contribute 70% of the goal - the defender that decided to play statues contributed a fair bit too.

comedy capers for each goal. even the bench were laughing.

disappointed dimi didn't get a run.

belchardo
10-06-2018, 10:22 AM
we looked better in the second half. not sure if it was some tactical changes or the introduction of jedinak.

leckie stank the joint up all night and will be a certainty for a red card in the world cup. dude needs to work out that aggression and violence are not the same thing.

plague
10-06-2018, 10:28 AM
This is why Trump won.

Frodo
10-06-2018, 10:45 AM
i think you are being unfair. the keeper didn't contribute 70% of the goal - the defender that decided to play statues contributed a fair bit too.

comedy capers for each goal. even the bench were laughing.

disappointed dimi didn't get a run.

I was exaggerating slightly yes. But c'mon, BK would have saved that. It wasn't really moving that quick, it was over a metre in front of him when it bounced, it was a lucky goal which says more about the keeper than the striker.

Imyourhero
10-06-2018, 12:06 PM
I was exaggerating slightly yes. But c'mon, BK would have saved that. It wasn't really moving that quick, it was over a metre in front of him when it bounced, it was a lucky goal which says more about the keeper than the striker.

This is why he didn't celebrate, he knew it wasn't an amazing goal or anything. I thought he was quite good in his cameo, it's easy to bash him due to the hype surrounding him but this is driven by the media etc - not him. He's got potential, he's just gotta keep his head screwed on, hope that his manager doesn't ruin his career by talking him into a stupid move and hope he continues to have decent coaches.

He's already better than Kruse though.

belchardo
10-06-2018, 12:11 PM

oh yeah, i'm totally on board with the keeper sharing the blame. i just can't get over the defender - ended up like he was in a one-man wall. hilarious.

belchardo
10-06-2018, 12:16 PM
This is why he didn't celebrate, he knew it wasn't an amazing goal or anything. I thought he was quite good in his cameo, it's easy to bash him due to the hype surrounding him but this is driven by the media etc - not him. He's got potential, he's just gotta keep his head screwed on, hope that his manager doesn't ruin his career by talking him into a stupid move and hope he continues to have decent coaches.

He's already better than Kruse though.

i am coming around to this point of view. i think the hype is ridiculous, but i can't fault bringing somebody along to help them be ready for the next world cup.

MFKS
10-06-2018, 12:26 PM

It wasnt a free kick so of course he would have

What was really disgraceful in the game is that no one has critiqued the piss poor games Milligan had at Centre Half
Mooy had as a CM Jones had as a keeper and well Risdon got canned but he was Aids

Mooy had once again 4000 touches and none of them useful.His speed of movement with and without thge ball was very poor

Milligan was honking at the back and played like he did in the HAL this season

Risdon was his usual Aids self

Jones is shit and always has been. How he made the squad is a joke. If he played in the HAL he be somewhere on par with Tando and Redmayne for being shit

The only good thing about next week is it will be a home game for us.
Hating the French is a world wide phenomenon so we will have 80% cheering us on

10-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Shit Dutch style where blokes just want too pass the ball backwards, Shit football it is. Just when we thought we had seen the light and dismissed the Berger mantra rubbish we have the national team having this crap creep in to its game again.

Couscous
10-06-2018, 02:25 PM
What was really disgraceful in the game is that no one has critiqued the piss poor games Milligan had at Centre Half

Um, from Fox Sports, no less:

MILLIGAN'S HORROR SHOW (https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/what-we-learned-socceroos-v-hungary/news-story/313a4640939e2d050c02e2728a4bc445)

If the midfielders were poor, Mark Milligan was atrocious. Trusted again as the preferred centre-back partner for stand-in skipper Trent Sainsbury, the midfielder turned defender looked uncomfortable and was quite simply appalling.

The 32-year-old is thought to have been selected over Matt Jurman for his passing range, but against Hungary his radar was way off and almost cost his side dearly. On the half hour mark, he sent a pass straight into his opponent, creating a huge chance – only to have his blushes saved by Mat Ryan.

It was a horror outing, and it could cost him a starting spot. Jurman shapes as a potential replacement, while some have touted a positional switch for Jedinak as the solution to the Aussies’ midfield personnel issue.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0a2e100726cb5f2926578b3fe4725e1c

Imyourhero
10-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Players who have looked pretty good so far: Behich, Sainsbury, Ryan, Arzani

Players who have kind of cruised through these friendlies: Mooy, Leckie, Rogic

Players I really expect to be a weakness: Milligan, Kruse, Risdon

belchardo
10-06-2018, 04:29 PM
where the hell did the "Jedinak to CB" argument come from? has he played in that position at any time in his life?

StannyCFCJET
10-06-2018, 04:58 PM
where the hell did the "Jedinak to CB" argument come from? has he played in that position at any time in his life?

Most of the season at Villa

Couscous
10-06-2018, 05:11 PM
^ About a third of the season, but the latter third, so he's been playing there most recently.

MFKS
10-06-2018, 05:15 PM
What game you been watching Sainsbury play??

V Czech Sainsbury was poor and got caught out of position a few times and got lucky the opposition werent Griezemann Erikson Mbappe level of player
V Hungary he was better but that oggie.
FFS even the Jets in full stride would struggle to accomplish that

I think he will step it up at the WC though as he is the type to do so but his form hasnt been great so far

What is more of a concern is him being made Captain now
Being that Gypo Arnold is coming in as NT Manager not exactly a good look when the captain is literally ****ing Arnies daughter being he married her

Not exactly a great look if he gets the gig FT after Jedinak gets arsed out

belchardo
21-08-2018, 02:05 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/socceroos-to-begin-buildup-to-asian-cup-against-south-korea-in-brisbane

aus v sth korea, 17 November in Brisbane

Bremsstrahlung
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Tim Cahill has come out of retirement.
John Farnham is playing at half time as part of his 10th farewell tour

The Dunster
04-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Has Usain Bolt's Australian Citizenship being pushed forward so he can make his Socceroos debut on the 17th of November in Brisbane ?

belchardo
05-10-2018, 04:01 PM
Socceroos squad:
Goalkeepers: Brad Jones, Mitchell Langerak, Mathew Ryan, Danny Vukovic.
Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Thomas Deng, Alex Gersbach, Mathew Jurman, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury.
Midfielders: Mustafa Amini, Denis Genreau, Jackson Irvine, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic.
Attackers: Daniel Arzani, Martin Boyle, Apostolos Giannou, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Awer Mabil.
(Note: Boyle to leave the squad before Kuwait match, one goalkeeper to be excluded on Monday)

The Dunster
05-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Socceroos squad:
Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Thomas Deng, Alex Gersbach, Mathew Jurman, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury.
Midfielders: Mustafa Amini, Denis Genreau, Jackson Irvine, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic.
Attackers: Daniel Arzani, Martin Boyle, Apostolos Giannou, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Awer Mabil.
(Note: Boyle to leave the squad before Kuwait match, one goalkeeper to be excluded on Monday)

Is Matt Simon injured ?

MFKS
05-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Socceroos squad:

No Dimi
No Nabbout
No Griff

Full of ****ing Gypos as well

#ArnieOut

Imyourhero
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Robbie Kruse ffs

05-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Criminal Dimi is not in this squad, F&*^ off Arnold. He can't be the full quid

plague
05-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Criminal Dimi is not in this squad, F&*^ off Arnold. He can't be the full quid

made the squad but hes injured innit?

MFKS
05-10-2018, 08:32 PM
made the squad but hes injured innit?

He played for the Jets last weekend

No reason why he couldnt be picked except that the Manager is a ****ing Gypo

plague
05-10-2018, 09:10 PM
He played for the Jets last weekend

No reason why he couldnt be picked except that the Manager is a ****ing Gypo

Yeah thought the re-signing article said he got picked but pulled out due to an ankle injury.

Is Nabbouts shoulder good now or is he still busted?

Either way I'm happy for all proper Newyboys to boycott the national team whilst the gypo is in charge.

plague
05-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Also how do Milligan and Gypo Amini get picked but not McGree? Hes a better player than both.

MFKS
05-10-2018, 11:10 PM
Yeah thought the re-signing article said he got picked but pulled out due to an ankle injury.

Is Nabbouts shoulder good now or is he still busted?

Either way I'm happy for all proper Newyboys to boycott the national team whilst the gypo is in charge.

Dimi pulled out of the last squad training camp with an ankle injury not this one

Nabbout is back and was on the bench for Urawa last weekend as an unused sub

Now considering trash boy Arzani cant fget in Celtics side yet got picked then some questions need to be arsed of this Gypo

Jeterpool
06-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Only two A-League players were selected overall. I mean he didn't even pick Brillante or O'Neill. They're mostly European based.

Non-issue for me

Frodo
06-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Also how do Milligan and Gypo Amini get picked but not McGree? Hes a better player than both.

Milligan has actually been amazing in his games for Hibernian. Back to CDM and they haven't conceded since he came into the squad. He will be taking the bearded ones place. We have much bigger problems in this squad than Milligan.

Also, i think you're wrong about McGree. He is about on par with Steven Mauk. He isn't a winger, he isn't a CM, he isn't as good a CAM as Rogic (which is a massive insult), Dimi or Irvine. If he gets game time this year behind the striker and learns how to pick a pass maybe he will get a call but for mine he is all deep runs and no passing. Which is just a winger who can't work in tight spaces.

MFKS
06-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Milligan has actually been amazing in his games for Hibernian. Back to CDM and they haven't conceded since he came into the squad. He will be taking the bearded ones place. We have much bigger problems in this squad than Milligan.

Also, i think you're wrong about McGree. He is about on par with Steven Mauk. He isn't a winger, he isn't a CM, he isn't as good a CAM as Rogic (which is a massive insult), Dimi or Irvine. If he gets game time this year behind the striker and learns how to pick a pass maybe he will get a call but for mine he is all deep runs and no passing. Which is just a winger who can't work in tight spaces.

And what game did Timmy have in his younger years??

Late runs and bludging in the box

Because as a midfielder he couldnt dribble or play make or even tackle

Frodo
06-10-2018, 08:31 AM
And what game did Timmy have in his younger years??

Late runs and bludging in the box

Because as a midfielder he couldnt dribble or play make or even tackle

Do you think McGree could play as a striker? In any league? Timmy always had the leap, no matter where he played he could jump. He used the only strength he had and formed a career out of it.

Comparing apples and vacuum cleaners here IMO. McGree could become a decent CAM but he isn't there yet, he struggled to get into our team for the majority of the season. That's not Socceroos level.

Here's a good question. Would you rather have Vargas or McGree at CAM this season?

MFKS
06-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Do you think McGree could play as a striker? In any league? Timmy always had the leap, no matter where he played he could jump. He used the only strength he had and formed a career out of it.

Comparing apples and vacuum cleaners here IMO. McGree could become a decent CAM but he isn't there yet, he struggled to get into our team for the majority of the season. That's not Socceroos level.

Here's a good question. Would you rather have Vargas or McGree at CAM this season?

I dont see McGree being a 10 as his bestl position though

I see him more as a 6 or an 8

Kid has the flexibility to play all 3 and I see 8 as his ideal spot

Frodo
06-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Has he won a tackle in his entire career? He plays in spaces, not with someone in front of him. He would need to play in a diamond, which we don't play in the national team.

But that is at this stage in his career. He's going to be a better player this year if he plays all year in that city team. I'm only saying that he doesn't deserve to play in the Socceroos right now, I still think he would be on the bench at the Jets if we had Roy, Dimi, Vargas and Jair.

MFKS
06-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Has he won a tackle in his entire career? He plays in spaces, not with someone in front of him. He would need to play in a diamond, which we don't play in the national team.

But that is at this stage in his career. He's going to be a better player this year if he plays all year in that city team. I'm only saying that he doesn't deserve to play in the Socceroos right now, I still think he would be on the bench at the Jets if we had Roy, Dimi, Vargas and Jair.

Won a tackle??

Remember the game in Pissant town a few years back when he started a fracas with a grubby Mus**** like tackle a d half the Jets teamgot cards ??

He be in the team as a 6 before Kanta and Sugar

plague
06-10-2018, 01:58 PM

This is what i think too.
McGree and Ugabooga ran the show from the back last year and gave our front 3rd the space they needed.

i was just under the assumption the Gypo is supposed to be building for 2022, but forgot about Asian Cup. So yeah i understand if he wants to make a run at that with blokes like Milligan etc, but the day that tournaments done hes gotta put the broom through all of it and start picking blokes who can peak in Qatar.

Also, Aussies played their best when we had a core of skilled blokes like Bresch, Cullina etc in the middle who ran the show for wide blokes like Kewell and Emerton. somehow we ended up filling the team with fragile twigs like Rogic, or lumbering oafs like Jedinak.

Would love to see us go back to having a style that we fit players into rather than picking these so called 'stars' and trying to play a style to suit them.

MFKS
06-10-2018, 05:03 PM
This is what i think too.
McGree and Ugabooga ran the show from the back last year and gave our front 3rd the space they needed.

i was just under the assumption the Gypo is supposed to be building for 2022, but forgot about Asian Cup. So yeah i understand if he wants to make a run at that with blokes like Milligan etc, but the day that tournaments done hes gotta put the broom through all of it and start picking blokes who can peak in Qatar.

Also, Aussies played their best when we had a core of skilled blokes like Bresch, Cullina etc in the middle who ran the show for wide blokes like Kewell and Emerton. somehow we ended up filling the team with fragile twigs like Rogic, or lumbering oafs like Jedinak.

Would love to see us go back to having a style that we fit players into rather than picking these so called 'stars' and trying to play a style to suit them.

Why are we actually worried about the Asian Cup for ??

Comsidering the whole Ange BVM now Arnie circus in the last 12 months any hope we have is actually gone

At least last time we were at home

This time there is no way in hell we winning the thing

Matter of fact getting to the semis would be an achievement

If anything we need to sort out what our target is WC or Asian Cup and plan accordingly for it

At the moment we are not really focused on success at either and are having a bet each way

You are also right about our NT being sucessful when we had athletes in the middle like Culina and Emerton doing their thing
With Rogic and Jedinak you have half the Gypo band in there FFS

Bremsstrahlung
16-10-2018, 11:39 AM
4-0 win.
Bring on 2022.

plague
16-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Dead set gypo reunion on our taxpayers money.

If ScoMo doesn't sort this out quick smart, Pauline gonna sweep to power next year.

belchardo
16-10-2018, 12:27 PM
will bolt be naturalised by 2022?

Bremsstrahlung
16-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Surely we can give him citizenship before he goes to Centra Coast. Ahem Europe.

I’m gonna call it early, our 2022 aspiration hinge on Bolt.

Bremsstrahlung
16-10-2018, 12:57 PM
“C’mon Usain, Come on, Come on. C’mon Usain, Come on.”

I can hear it from the air conditionined stadium terraces already.

belchardo
08-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Socceroos squad to play South Korea
Mustafa Amini (AGF Arhus), Aziz Behich (PSV Eindhoven), Martin Boyle (Hibernian), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade), Alex Gersbach (Rosenborg BK), Jackson Irvine (Hull City), James Jeggo (FK Austria Wien), Tomi Juric (FC Luzern), Matthew Jurman (Al-Ittihad Jeddah), Robbie Kruse (VfL Bochum), Mitch Langerak (GK) (Nagoya Grampus), Mathew Leckie (Hertha BSC), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Awer Mabil (FC Midtjylland), Jamie Maclaren (Hibernian), Mark Milligan (Hibernian), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town), Andrew Nabbout (Urawa Red Diamonds), Josh Risdon (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Mat Ryan (GK) (Brighton & Hove Albion), Trent Sainsbury (PSV Eindhoven), Danny Vukovic (GK) (KRC Genk)
Train-on players
Thomas Deng (Melbourne Victory), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Dimitri Petratos (Newcastle Jets)

MFKS
08-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Socceroos squad to play South Korea
Mustafa Amini (AGF Arhus), Aziz Behich (PSV Eindhoven), Martin Boyle (Hibernian), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade), Alex Gersbach (Rosenborg BK), Jackson Irvine (Hull City), James Jeggo (FK Austria Wien), Tomi Juric (FC Luzern), Matthew Jurman (Al-Ittihad Jeddah), Robbie Kruse (VfL Bochum), Mitch Langerak (GK) (Nagoya Grampus), Mathew Leckie (Hertha BSC), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Awer Mabil (FC Midtjylland), Jamie Maclaren (Hibernian), Mark Milligan (Hibernian), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town), Andrew Nabbout (Urawa Red Diamonds), Josh Risdon (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Mat Ryan (GK) (Brighton & Hove Albion), Trent Sainsbury (PSV Eindhoven), Danny Vukovic (GK) (KRC Genk)
Train-on players
Thomas Deng (Melbourne Victory), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Dimitri Petratos (Newcastle Jets)

FFS
1 Donkey 5 gypos and Robbie Kruse get selected yet Goodwin who is carving it up doesnt make the full squad

As for Rhyan Grant FMD Arnold is taking the piss now

When is Leigh Broxham getting a call up ??

Imyourhero
08-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Robbie Kruse makes me physically ill

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-11-2018, 11:01 AM
FFS
1 Donkey 5 gypos and Robbie Kruse get selected yet Goodwin who is carving it up doesnt make the full squad

As for Rhyan Grant FMD Arnold is taking the piss now

When is Leigh Broxham getting a call up ??

I'd take Rhyan Grant over Josh Risdon.

pv4
09-11-2018, 11:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2018, 11:32 AM

So would 99% of Aussie football fans atm

plague
09-11-2018, 11:51 AM

I'd rather play with 10.

MFKS
09-11-2018, 12:37 PM
I'd rather play with 10.

Correct answer

Frodo
09-11-2018, 09:04 PM

This is a disgusting statement.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2018, 09:42 PM
This is a disgusting statement.

Not based on form and haircut

Couscous
17-11-2018, 07:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsMBsYBVAAEZoPT.jpg

Australia 1 - 3 Korea Republic.

Bring back Jedinak, king of the gypos.

Retro Jet
17-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Hope the gypo coach gives Scott Aussie a run.
About all there is to look forward to tonight, apart from the Queen of Nabbout also possibly running at United Korea Republic!

plague
17-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Korea paying $4.
$2 for a Korea win or draw.
Muscat and Aloisi in the comm box pre game putting me to sleep
Fold the country.

MFKS
17-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Robbie Kruse

First shot at goal goes out for a throw in

Soccer Twitter erupts

Couldnt have got $1.01 on it

plague
17-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Yeah I've seen enough of Kruse.
Get Nabbout on ya ****ern gypo

plague
17-11-2018, 09:14 PM
The gypo has had some nice touches so its prob about time for him to pick up an injury and miss the next 14 months.

Retro Jet
17-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Australia 0 Gypo's 1...

Negative Police
17-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Any Dong or Sook that goes down claims a nice slow free kick. Australia has thug bias.

plague
17-11-2018, 09:39 PM
the gypo has been so bad i feel like I owe Boogaard an apology.

Jetmaster
17-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Speed rabbits on about the VAR...what were the odds there?

mic22
17-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Ok. It was very nice of Arnie to give Kruse another chance.
Now, please, bench him forever and give a chance to someone who can actually play football?
How this guy keeps getting selected for a national team is a mystery.

MFKS
17-11-2018, 09:44 PM
So exactly why are some of these blokes in the team??

Mooy
****ing useless

Risdon
****ing Useless

Leckie
****ing Useless

MacLaren
****ing Useless

Kruse
Playing Normal

Retro Jet
17-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Risdon's agent obviously slipping Speedie a few pineapples & hungies...

Couscous
17-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Disgusting. Everything.

boz-monaut
17-11-2018, 10:57 PM
VAR has shown me that I have absolutely no idea about the laws of this game

plague
17-11-2018, 11:01 PM
the gypo celebrating a lucky draw against a travelling Sth Korean B team is all you need to know about where our country is headed.
wonder what Aust is paying to not make it out of the group stage at the Asian Cup?

now, over the those useless cricketers to get towelled up so I can collect on this multi.

MFKS
17-11-2018, 11:02 PM
VAR has shown me that I have absolutely no idea about the laws of this game

Sydney FCs Official VAR operators giving Arnie his customary bit of biased officiating was all it was

MFKS
17-11-2018, 11:03 PM
On another note how come Arzani didnt get picked??

Even on 1 leg he has to offer more than Kruse??

boz-monaut
17-11-2018, 11:07 PM
On another note how come Arzani didnt get picked??

Even on 1 leg he has to offer more than Kruse??
this is actually quite a good post

StannyCFCJET
18-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Hearing Rogic was poor? Didnt see the game. Who were the standouts

plague
18-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Who were the standouts

Nabbout.

StannyCFCJET
18-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Nabbout.

Did he get game time?

plague
18-11-2018, 01:27 AM
Did he get game time?
Nope
Still made more of an impact than Kruse.

plague
18-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Gypo Arnie ain't giving any Newy boys a run.
Spiteful gypo ****

The Dunster
18-11-2018, 01:13 PM
I thought we were going to get the win but Australia robbed us in extra time.

StannyCFCJET
18-11-2018, 01:18 PM
We need a coach to some out and explain what Kruse offers to the team because if it's only his work rate then that's pathetic because he is an attacking player and until our front 3 or 4 are all capable of scoring goals then we arnt going to do anything at international level for a long time

MFKS
18-11-2018, 05:38 PM
We need a coach to some out and explain what Kruse offers to the team because if it's only his work rate then that's pathetic because he is an attacking player and until our front 3 or 4 are all capable of scoring goals then we arnt going to do anything at international level for a long time

1 goal in 35 internationals and apparently those being critical of him are out of order??

FMD

Mabil for all his enthusiasm is ****ing hopeless really

Touch of a rapist

Same with that Scottish Ring In

Both are ****ing honking

How Goodwin cant get a game defies belief really

Retro Jet
18-11-2018, 09:52 PM
1 goal in 35 internationals and apparently those being critical of him are out of order??

FMD

Mabil for all his enthusiasm is ****ing hopeless really

Touch of a rapist

Same with that Scottish Ring In

Both are ****ing honking

How Goodwin cant get a game defies belief really

You got half your wish, apart from Grunt's inclusion.
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/goodwin-grant-replace-rogic-kruse-for-socceroos-against-lebanon

Doesn't mean he'll get picked. Bet the gypo's bum chum Grunt gets a lookin first.

Couscous
19-11-2018, 12:24 PM
I feel disassociated from the national team.

plague
19-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I feel disassociated from the national team.

they dont like you.

they dont like anyone associated with the Jets.

**** em i say.

MFKS
19-11-2018, 01:41 PM
they dont like you.

they dont like anyone associated with the Jets.

**** em i say.

It is though good

Regardless of whom is manager we are going to have dearth of playing talent in the next few years due to the failings of the game for the last 10 years

Having a **** like Arnie in charge the same **** who really didnt get his come uppance with Smurfs FC that would have happened at some stage if he stuck around longer and is also the same **** who refused to take any responaibility for the 2007 Asian Cup debacle means this next couple of years are gonna be good

Cant wait to the prick throws the toys out of the pram and then trolling the twits at Fox Sports who were responsible for white anting Ange to get him the gig

StannyCFCJET
19-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Angela signed his own coffin. The fox sports guys argued over tactics and selections which was very valid

Premy
19-11-2018, 03:33 PM
It is though good

Regardless of whom is manager we are going to have dearth of playing talent in the next few years due to the failings of the game for the last 10 years
Same thing was said 10 years ago, then we won the Asian Cup.
The sky isn't falling.

MFKS
19-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Same thing was said 10 years ago, then we won the Asian Cup.
The sky isn't falling.

We didnt win the Asian Cup 10 years ago though

Premy
19-11-2018, 09:53 PM
We didnt win the Asian Cup 10 years ago though

You're right but the same thing was said about the crop of talent coming threw 10 years ago and 7 years later that crop won the Asian Cup.

MFKS
19-11-2018, 10:44 PM
You're right but the same thing was said about the crop of talent coming threw 10 years ago and 7 years later that crop won the Asian Cup.

I will point put the blatantly obvious that we are an extremely competitive outfit on home soil

Always have been

Winning the Asian Cup with that squad we did wouldnt have happened if the event was played outside of Oz

That is the reality

Premy
19-11-2018, 11:22 PM
I will point put the blatantly obvious that we are an extremely competitive outfit on home soil

Always have been

Winning the Asian Cup with that squad we did wouldnt have happened if the event was played outside of Oz

That is the reality

England, France, Italy, Argentina, Uruguay and Germany won the world cup on home turf, doesn't change the fact that they were world champions in those respective tournaments.

Point is the crop in question won the tournament they were competing in, couldn't ask for anything more.
Go back and watch the life of Brian, "look on the bright side of life"

Nah scratch that, flood me with your pessimism.

belchardo
20-11-2018, 04:10 PM
can't believe nobody is talking about the friendly with lebanon tonight.

It's #TIMMYTIME people!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsagJqlVYAACayN.jpg:large

20-11-2018, 04:49 PM
All gone too shit , no Timi cut out at the local Caltex. End of the world stuff.

The Dunster
20-11-2018, 05:58 PM
https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--qYPYHktI--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progres sive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1461170141/zsr9xxdgpvpsixkozupb.jpg

plague
20-11-2018, 06:10 PM
They showed a collection of his 50 goals on Foxsports today.
Some thoughts:

1. The % that were headers was absurd. Esp for a midfielder, and someone his size. Truly astounding skill level.

2. His finishing with his feet was overall bloody awful except for the bicycle kick v China and the WC goal against Netherlands, which was in itself as good a finish as anyone would ever wish for in their career.

3. He was a absolute pratt with his celebrating. So many times he physically pushed teammates away so he could get to the corner flag (and camera) to do his celebration. Plenty of young athletes cop the 'selgish/arrogant' tag all the time yet no one ever seemed to have a problem with Cahill.

4. Cullina, Bresch, Viduka, Kewell > Cahill.

Dont @ me.

Bremsstrahlung
20-11-2018, 07:31 PM
I think this is a few years overdue, but credit where it’s due, he’s given me some of my best memories of Socceroos games and for that I’m grateful.
All the best to him and he has had a great international career.

MFKS
20-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Must say it is an absolute honour to have lasted to the end of his international career and still not been blocked by him on Twitter

That is some achievement

Wonder if he will celebrate tonight by unblocking the thousands he has at times pathetically blocked for very little ??

MFKS
20-11-2018, 07:52 PM
On another note it would be a right hoot tonight if Arnie goes to the 85th/88th minute to bringing him on tonight as he claims he will do

Precisely the right thing to do by ignoring this Marketing gimmick

Jetmaster
20-11-2018, 08:47 PM
How Arnie is this?

Grunt gets a gig cos of his hairstyle and mutual Arnie love.

Ronald McDonald gets a start ffs after being invisible for years.

And of course his daughter's pork sausage man gets the armband.

plague
20-11-2018, 08:49 PM
What a ****ing embarrassment having all those gypos out there.

Arnold will never play Nabbout cause hes still crying about that game last year.

What a ****ing joke of a team.
Caaarrrnnn Lebanon.

plague
20-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Good to see Fox still sticking the knife into Ange event though hes long gone
"well, Boyle was actually available for Australia back when Ange was in charge, he just wasnt picked. Graham Arnold had no hesitation picking him......"

wankers.

plague
20-11-2018, 09:07 PM
is it Jackson Irvine or Jordan Irvine? or are there 2 of them?
i swear Simon Hill keeps calling him Jordan.

boz-monaut
20-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Juric should be pulled from the field now and never allowed near the Socceroos ever again

how many opportunities can he stuff up before coaching staff realise he's a talentless hack?

MFKS
20-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Juric should be pulled from the field now and never allowed near the Socceroos ever again

how many opportunities can he stuff up before coaching staff realise he's a talentless hack?

Being talentless hacks hasnt stopped Robbie Kruse or Matt Leckie from chalking up a shit load of appearances has it??

MFKS
20-11-2018, 09:48 PM
I have no idea who is actually worse

The Socceroos
The Lebanese NT
The Gypos HAL side

All a ****ing honking bad

It is a disgrace that neither Nabbout or Dimi have got a run when the coach picks these useless hacks like Mabil Boyle Juric Mooy and Ronald McDonald

Who is Gypo Arnie kidding??

plague
20-11-2018, 10:12 PM
so 2-0 up he brings Leckie on instead of giving others a run?
yanno, like he did with the starting team.

belchardo
20-11-2018, 10:14 PM

he's like shaun marsh in the aussie cricket team, or the number of bikes you have in your garage...there is always one more required before you've seen/got enough.

i think that miss in front of goal sums up the difference between an average striker and a top class striker. the top class striker just finds a way to get that in. an average striker takes an air-swing.

Jetmaster
20-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Lennon once wrote the only good thing McCartney did was "Yesterday".

The only good thing Juric ever did was set up the Asian Cup winner.

plague
20-11-2018, 10:16 PM
to be fair that was a good finish.
my point stands though.

Nabbout is on now, but **** that Gypo coach.

boz-monaut
20-11-2018, 10:37 PM
best thing Rhyan Grant ever did was his ACL

plague
20-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Tim Cahill is referring to himself in the third person.
Its beyond a joke now.
give him his oversized novelty cheque and ferry him offstage.
its over.
hes done

Retro Jet
20-11-2018, 11:58 PM
I came in late after work to watch and saw from the 65th minute till the end.
Saw Goodwin post-match in a plug ugly substitutes long sleeved thneed.
Did the gypo give him a run?

Retro Jet
21-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Lennon once wrote the only good thing McCartney did was "Yesterday".

The only good thing Juric ever did was set up the Asian Cup winner.

Helter Skelter's pretty out there and up there I reckon.
It even inspired a death cult!

Couscous
21-11-2018, 01:11 PM
@ plague

(I agree)

TrentonTi
01-12-2018, 05:54 AM
Seriously? A death cult? When I think about it, I'm not surprised actually. haha

Jetmaster
01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Seriously? A death cult? When I think about it, I'm not surprised actually. haha

Just read up on Charles Manson mate.

boz-monaut
03-06-2019, 10:35 PM
did everyone know that we play South Korea this Friday at 9 p.m.

belchardo
04-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Nah

plague
04-06-2019, 09:03 AM
No Arzani, no party.

boz-monaut
04-06-2019, 10:49 AM
they should play him on one leg, give the South Koreans a chance

Jetmaster
07-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Ronald McDonald picked in front of Dimi in the Gypo/Smurf dominated squad tonight.

Bremsstrahlung
07-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Finding it hard to be interested in this game.

plague
07-06-2019, 10:25 PM
isnt it great that at its basic core soccer is always accused of nepotism and favouritism like no other sport that it can have a national team manager who does his very best to keep that stain alive.

what a joke this gypo **** is.

Retro Jet
07-06-2019, 11:04 PM
I opted for a back season episode of Inspector Lewis with the boss over this gypo love in....that's how bad it's become.

plague
07-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Mabil is such utter garbage.

Jardelsimage
08-06-2019, 08:12 PM
isnt it great that at its basic core soccer is always accused of nepotism and favouritism like no other sport that it can have a national team manager who does his very best to keep that stain alive.

what a joke this gypo **** is.

watched most of this Grahame Arnold invitation side last night, so who's retiring it was like a last game for someone of importance that has played/given there heart and soul for there country....kruze was nowhere in sight

belchardo
04-12-2019, 09:27 PM
https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/12/04/socceroos-to-play-argentina-as-copa-america-draw-revealed/

We're playing Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay.

Will finally answer the age-old question: who is better - Arzani or Messi?

belchardo
02-06-2022, 05:20 AM
Man, he got a hold of that one.

We are in the end days of Arnold as a national team coach I think.

belchardo
02-06-2022, 05:58 AM
Can't even get into the box.

Should have been a penalty to Jordan.

Their captain should be sent off for grabbing the referee.

Still hate the play acting from Jordan. Started after 15 minutes.

belchardo
22-09-2022, 03:43 PM
I reckon I've seen about two stories about this match tonight. Has anybody seen any advertising for it?

Nothing in the squad or stats section of keepup.

Anyway, game apparently starts at 8pm on 10 in case you weren't aware.

In looking for info it appears they just signed a deal with subway for naming rights sponsor. $10m over three years. Hopefully not all in free sandwiches for the training camps. Well done (sincerely) FA - a good sign.

Buddha
23-09-2022, 10:01 AM
We got outplayed by NZ. Mbappe will score 5 goals in the first half against us. Awful U-Shaped Possession. Peru shitting the bed has given him a stay of execution

Jardelsimage
23-09-2022, 10:36 AM
We got outplayed by NZ. Mbappe will score 5 goals in the first half against us. Awful U-Shaped Possession. Peru shitting the bed has given him a stay of execution

piss him off today, bring back Guss for 3 games...

MFKS
23-09-2022, 12:10 PM

To be fair to Gypo Arnold look at the squad he has at his disposal

Then contrast that to the Squads we took to 2006 2010 2014 and 2018 Word Cup

It been a steady decline in quality

The Gypo is going to a WC with basically an A League All-star level squad

We had superior sides in 94 98 and 02 and didn't even qualify and yet these current ass clowns are gonna put down played at a WC on their CV

Gypo Arnold is a ****wits but this is a bigger problem that lays squarely at the feet of the FFA and their incompetence at running the A League in the last 15 or so years

Bremsstrahlung
25-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Atkinson has come on a bit in recent times imo.
Less than 10 minutes in and I like what he brings. If he get the stupid yellows out of his game he could be a consistent player for next WC campaign.
This almost looks like our 2026 WC team.

I’d be happy never to see Leckie or Duke pull on a Socceroos jersey again.

belchardo
25-09-2022, 02:46 PM
Oh God. And tilio is one of our great hopes?

Imyourhero
25-09-2022, 03:07 PM
One positive out of these matches
I like our jersey

Bremsstrahlung
25-09-2022, 03:40 PM
Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?

Frodo
26-09-2022, 07:46 AM
Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?

It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.

Frodo
26-09-2022, 08:55 AM
I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?

Buddha
26-09-2022, 09:17 AM
I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?

FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team

Frodo
26-09-2022, 09:45 AM
FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team

Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.

Jetmaster
26-09-2022, 11:04 AM

So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.

Frodo
26-09-2022, 12:02 PM
So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.

Kuol has never started an A League game, unless he is playing 90 mins from the first game this season, there's absolutely no reason to take him other than media nonsense.

Buddha
26-09-2022, 01:16 PM
Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.

Dykes heavily in form for Scotland, and we have been playing well bar the European WC play offs. We would pump Aus, Arnie Ball against us would be playing into our hands. Imagine Dykes bullying Sainsbury and Co.

There is not a single player in the Aus team who starts over what is available for Scotland except Mat Ryan in goals because our GKs are pretty shite.

The fact of the matter is that we are taking a journeyman striker who only got his Aus Passport the other day plus a few blokes at Hibs & Hearts who have yet to make a name for themselves (Devlin the exception, imo he is absolute quality who deserves more minutes in Midfield) to the World Cup.

Bremsstrahlung
26-09-2022, 02:36 PM
It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.

I’m all for giving people who deserve an opportunity/reward a chance.
But the fact that we’ve had 22 players debut in the last 2 years is a bit much. And as you say a lot of it is all just due to media hype and getting those headlines.

If we are intent on “blooding” a new generation, we should be using those early WCQs, the ones we normally win 5+ nil, to do so.
I’d be happy to watch 10 players debut against some 200th ranked Asian team in the early stages of qualification.
The fact we have maybe 4 games left before a World Cup and we are using the Occassion to debut a bunch of youngsters, is frustrating. There’s plenty of players who could have done with some minutes in their legs or the opportunity to build some connections.

Just taking the piss.

maybe it’s all a publicity stunt for subway to have Kuol advertise a 6-inch and Tilio to show off his foot long for their “it’s not what you expect” range.

Bremsstrahlung
01-10-2022, 06:44 AM
Kuol signs for Newcastle United effective 2023.

Retro Jet
09-10-2022, 10:18 PM
The Joey's beat Chickety China 3-1 today.
They qualify for the U17 Asian Cup next year.
https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news/subway-joeys-secure-automatic-qualification-next-years-afc-u17-asian-cuptm-win-over-china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4979&v=eTOnyHF3ezI&feature=emb_logo

MFKS
24-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Can anyone explain how this Gypo ****wits in goals keeps getting picked ??

I get the bit he is in tight with Gypo Arnold etc but the guy between dribbling in his own box in a WC and getting robbed of the ball costing us a goal, needlessly kicking it out etc and barely being able to get a club game anywhere in the world I am perplexed on why he gets picked

I can make a stronger case why Dane Ingham should start for the Jets next week than this guy playing for his NT

MFKS
24-03-2023, 09:28 PM
How the **** is there no VAR in this game

It ain't the A League GF either

No way that's a goal at Professional level these days
Might get away with it in park football but not at elite level these days

FMD

Jetmaster
24-03-2023, 10:11 PM
Quite refreshing to have no VAR.

The ref made a human error, we move on...notice the lack of over analysis and nashing of teeth.

Bon
27-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Quite refreshing to have no VAR.

The ref made a human error, we move on...notice the lack of over analysis and nashing of teeth.

I do agree with you, but I also feel if the final result meant anything then there would have been serious blowups..

Jetmaster
27-03-2023, 02:46 PM
I do agree with you, but I also feel if the final result meant anything then there would have been serious blowups..

TBH, VAR hasn't changed that, just moved the blame elsewhere and prolonged it.

Bremsstrahlung
27-03-2023, 04:17 PM
VAR changed the way a game is officiated.
I was half watching while doing something, and very early on I swear the commentary made a comment after we scored “this one will be rubbed out for offside by the look of that” and they seemed shocked it was given. Maybe the VAR situation wasn’t communicated well?
Seems a bit silly we can VAR a league games, but not a friendly. Anyway.
I wonder if the assistant would have previously called the offside. Maybe their mindset has changed now.

I’d argue football fans/players are the worst at accepting decisions across all sports.
It often baffles me how polite/subdued NRL players are with referee bad calls. It’s the captain that speaks to the referee. I’ve rarely seen a team surround the referee to argue and complain about a decision. For all the IQ points, they at least show some respect.

Jetmaster
28-03-2023, 12:10 PM
Weigh up the pros and cons. VAR negatives:

* Has not reduced matchday controversy - in fact it has amplified it.
* Originally meant to correct obvious errors, it is now used to re-referee incidents and "find" fouls.
* Is no less subjective than the on field referee.
* Has activated an ongoing change in rules to suit, to the point where handball is a joke nobody really understands.
* Responsible for an increase in penalties and red cards - i.e. more stoppages.
* Is not used at all to reduce simulation.
* Has made all officials "lazy".
* Eliminated "margin of error" and "advantage to attacking side" calls in pursuit of perfection, especially with offside.
* Has killed off a majority of emotion from goals - you can never be certain until the kickoff.
* Has increased the level of boring punditry and analysis, to the point where a referee is on the panel.
* The rule where a yellow card is to be issued to any player intimidating the referee to use VAR is totally ignored.
* Is not meant to be used for yellow cards but I have no doubt it is used to communicate on the sly.
* Whenever you watch a game without it, it doesn't take long for someone to say "if VAR was operating today".
* Can be linked to the rise in online betting - "getting the decision right".
* Ignorant fanbases (I'm looking at Mariners, Phoenix and Perth) chant for VAR referrals.

Positives....well you tell me :dry:

belchardo
22-05-2023, 01:32 PM
Game confirmed against Argentina. To be played in China on 15 June at 10pm our time.

belchardo
19-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Playing Mexico in Dallas on 9 September.