Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
27-07-2012, 05:36 PM
to be played in Edinburgh and Beirut respectively

I draw no comparisons between the two cities

Hamma12
27-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Beirut respectively

Is Beirut safe enough too play football in ??

MFKS
27-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Edinburgh I actually enjoyed when I was there. Thought it was a good joint.

Could have been that I went to a place on the Royal Mile that was set up as a mock Scotch Whiskey Distillery. Got there about 9am one day and went on the tour where they tell you all about the methods used and the history of Scotch etc. At the end of it there is a bottle shop with every bottle of scotch whiskey produced for sale in the last few years. Loaded up the bags after maxing out my duty free allowances!!

They also gave out free samples to try. Wasn't much in the way of RSA or any of that crap involved. The mob putting it on were also quite generous with their samples and let you have as much or try as many as you liked. Left there about 10:30 am absolutely ****ing smashed out of my head and continued sight seeing the rest of the day 11/10 plastered!!!

Happy Day!!

Haven't been to Beirut but I am sure it's reputation is slightly unfounded and you could have a good time there also!!!

parksey
14-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Chris Herd pulls out of the squad yet again for the Scotland game. Anyone a bit dubious on his allegiance to Australia at the moment?

boz-monaut
14-08-2012, 07:11 PM
been a pretty quiet build up to this game - bugger all on foxtel about it, though admittedly they have been busy what with the Olympics and all

GazFish35
15-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Scott MacDonald will score a screamer, from 30yrds, a Paul Scholes type volley direct froma corner cut back to him outside the box.... bottom of the cross bar, and in.

But will bounce out, and be ruled (incorrectly) to have not crossed the line.

then, two minutes later will slot one past he keeper, only to be ruled (incorrectly) offside.

At a press conference after the game, he announces his retirement with a "**** this shit" and walks out. (correctly)

seldom
15-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Scotty don't

belchardo
16-08-2012, 06:23 AM
why the hell is bresciano playing in the middle east when he can hit a ball like that????

also, the ball was out for a goal kick, before the scottish player handled the ball (and he did). personally glad he didn't get sent off (and that australia didn't get a penalty), even if we did score off the incorrectly awarded corner kick.

belchardo
16-08-2012, 06:31 AM
pretty poor defending from og for the scottish goal. good header though.

Retro Jet
16-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Wot a header....

the_butcher
16-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Scott MacDonald will score a screamer, from 30yrds, a Paul Scholes type volley direct froma corner cut back to him outside the box.... bottom of the cross bar, and in.

But will bounce out, and be ruled (incorrectly) to have not crossed the line.

then, two minutes later will slot one past he keeper, only to be ruled (incorrectly) offside.

At a press conference after the game, he announces his retirement with a "**** this shit" and walks out. (correctly)

Scott McDonald was absolute rubbish! Massive hog who was only thinking about breaking his duck. He could have played archie in on goal but instead chose to be selfish.

GazFish35
16-08-2012, 08:19 AM
So my prediction didn't eventuate?

the_butcher
16-08-2012, 08:34 AM

Nope but hopefully the last part may come to fruition.

Jetmaster
16-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Well there you go - I had no idea this game was on until I saw the media reports this morning !!!

belchardo
16-08-2012, 10:08 AM

one almost did. incorrectly judged offside in a goal scoring opportunity. he missed it though.

pretty poor performance i thought this morning. especially in defence. it's ok though, Lucas is aware of the teams deficiencies. pity he and the rest of them don't really seem to know how to fix them.

furns
16-08-2012, 11:31 AM
How Carney continues to be picked baffles me. He isnt a LB's arsehole.
Valeri was also fairly rubbish, which made our entire midfield performance below par. Constantly turning the ball over, which then leads to Lucas doing his usual trick of avoiding midfield altogether and booting long balls out of defence to short strikers being dominated in the air by burly Scotsmen.

parksey
16-08-2012, 12:39 PM
jedinak is so terrible.

Grimario
16-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Look at the positives...

McGowan can't play for Scotland now.

Is there anything else?

belchardo
16-08-2012, 01:50 PM
nobody died.

Grimario
16-08-2012, 01:51 PM
No bin lids killing little kids?

plague
16-08-2012, 02:13 PM
jedinak is so terrible.
If Captain Obvious was still alive I'm sure he'd be giving you a massive hello right now.
So very very true, my gosh he is rubbish (Jedinak, not Captain Obvious).
Cullina on his gammy leg is a billion times better than that clown. Laurie McKennas legacy for Australian football. Cheers for that.

Captain Oblivious
16-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey guys, when do we play against Scotland?

seldom
16-08-2012, 03:30 PM
How Carney continues to be picked baffles me. He isnt a LB's arsehole.
Valeri was also fairly rubbish, which made our entire midfield performance below par. Constantly turning the ball over, which then leads to Lucas doing his usual trick of avoiding midfield altogether and booting long balls out of defence to short strikers being dominated in the air by burly Scotsmen.

sums it up perfectly tbh

Captain Obvious
16-08-2012, 04:20 PM

It was on in the early hours of this morning.

Oh and Hi Parksey.

Retro Jet
17-08-2012, 12:34 AM
nobody died.

No bin lids killing little kids?

Well this phucker must have killed someone or screwed someone's wife
(whilst on hols in Uruguay) not to get a look in. FFS, GET HIM IN THE SQUAD!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Porta

Can't be any worse than McDonald Duck

GazFish35
17-08-2012, 01:23 AM

A multi of a multi.
Genius.
Well played.
Carry on.

hawk
21-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Neill out

belchardo
22-08-2012, 09:12 AM
cool. pity i'm at work, i might have clicked all of those links if i was at home.

boz-monaut
22-08-2012, 09:55 AM
sorry bel, you'll have to just search google for your cock pills when you get home

parksey
30-08-2012, 11:44 AM
squad for upcoming games against Lebanon and Jordan:

Mark Bresciano, Alex Brosque, Tim Cahill, David Carney; Jason Davidson, Adam Federici (Gk), James Holland, Brett Holman, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Mitchell Langerak (Gk), Ryan McGowan, Matthew McKay, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Sasa Ognenovski, Nikita Rukavytsya, Adam Sarota; Mark Schwarzer (Gk), Matthew Spiranovic, Archie Thompson, Luke Wilkshire

Carney, Thompson and North all picked again. :/ Chris Herd left out despite being fit this time; it looks like I might have been right about him. Also no Rhys Williams wtf.

boz-monaut
30-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Williams is injured

parksey
30-08-2012, 12:19 PM
fair enough. i feel like he could be the solution to our central defensive issues. play McGowan or Wilkshire at right back, with Neil (i guess) and Williams in the centre. maybe Davidson or Zullo on the left and build from there.

pv4
30-08-2012, 12:59 PM
needs more spira in your defensive lineup, parks-&recreation.

parksey
30-08-2012, 02:25 PM
he needs to sort himself out first. in an ideal world he'd be starting alongside williams, though.

griff to take over the armband. actually now that i think of this, how is griff overlooked and thompson picked ffs.

pv4
30-08-2012, 02:30 PM
he's got a deal in qatar or uae or some place - he's a shoein for holger's roos.

Hamma12
04-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Jones called into Socceroos squad

Goalkeeper Brad Jones has been called up to the Australia squad for the international matches against Lebanon and Jordan after Adam Federici pulled out injured.

It's the first time the Liverpool keeper has been in the Australia team since the death of his son Luca last November after a long battle with leukaemia.
Jones's last involvement in a Socceroos squad was the 2011 Asian Cup.
The Socceroos will take on Lebanon in a friendly in Beirut on Friday (AEST) before their World Cup qualifier against Jordan in Amman on Wednesday (AEST).
The Lebanon match has also been moved to the Saida Municipal Stadium due to a virus in the grass at the original venue, the Sports City Stadium.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1119203/Jones-called-into-Socceroos-squad

MFKS
05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Word of advice on watching Socceroos friendlies. After sitting up to all hours of the night or getting up at all hours of the morning to watch Socceroo friendlies in recent years Member has found the best way is to tape the ****er and then watch it when your ready.

The dire displayed is much more palatable at 10am than sitting on your lounge at 4 am thinking why the **** did I get up for this/ why am I not in bed already.

Serious games aren't to far away from joining my friendly method if the uninspiring displays continue

Retro Jet
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Word of advice on watching Socceroos friendlies. After sitting up to all hours of the night or getting up at all hours of the morning to watch Socceroo friendlies in recent years Member has found the best way is to tape the ****er and then watch it when your ready.

The dire displayed is much more palatable at 10am than sitting on your lounge at 4 am thinking why the **** did I get up for this/ why am I not in bed already.

Serious games aren't to far away from joining my friendly method if the uninspiring displays continue

For the first time in a long time Member, I'm dibbing out of this one 'live' too.
Performance is part of the reason, yes, but kid factor i.e. up at 6 O'Clock now wih the light?
I'll be catchin' Zed's instead. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Retro will be up with bells (and scarf) on for the real deal next week. :yay:

Thomas477
07-09-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm a bit disappointed Holger isn't letting Schwarzer play his 100th game on Aussie soil.

By all means play him in the WCQ, but he could have given Jones, Federici, Langerak and Ryan game time instead of Schwarzer against Scotland and against Lebanon.

Mind you knowing Holger, he'll send out 40 year olds to play in 40 degree heat and blame that when we play like shit, instead of having younger, fitter players in the more tiring conditions.

belchardo
07-09-2012, 06:22 AM
jimmy holland on the field!

**** me, holgers playing some yoof this morning! wonders will never cease.

boz-monaut
07-09-2012, 08:33 AM
he still played Thompson and Carney

MFKS
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Honestly I am getting fed up with the selection policy at Socceroo level. The team is in desperate need of rejuvenation but we see the same old tired faces trotted out. Anytime a lesser light gets on is usually with 15-20 mins to go when the game is descending into farce. The coach can then say well I gave him a run and he did nothing.

It is a disgrace

hawk
08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Honestly I am getting fed up with the selection policy at Socceroo level.

seriously, we need a less ghey name for our team. embarrassing

seldom
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
seriously, we need a less ghey name for our team. embarrassing

agreed...has always sounded like a australian u6 side to me

belchardo
22-10-2012, 01:48 PM
i'll chuck it in here.

socceroos to play korea 14 November in korea. we's gonna get smashed.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/254213,socceroos-to-play-korea-in-friendly.aspx

Retro Jet
24-10-2012, 07:46 PM
i'll chuck it in here.

socceroos to play korea 14 November in korea. we's gonna get smashed.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/254213,socceroos-to-play-korea-in-friendly.aspx

COACH Holger Osieck will have a chance to test new players and tactics when the Socceroos play a newly-announced friendly with South Korea next month.

Hmmmm...lets see if he does.

Thomas477
28-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Honestly, despite us playing the Koreans, would love to see us go with an inexperienced team.

The 442 pod this week talked about it, but this would be my preffered first XI and bench.

....................Langerak
Herd......Spira(C)...R.McGowan.....Good
Leckie.....A.Mooy......Luongo........Oar
......................Troisi
......................Kruise

Bench:
Ryan
Neville
Goodwin
Holland
Sarota
Rukavytsya
Dugandzic

Probably missed a few, but any way, this is the team I reckon Holger will go with:

........................Schwarzer
..North...........Neill.........Spira....McKay
..Wilkshire....Jedinak.....Besc.....Holman
........................Cahill
......................Brosque

Hamma12
28-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Honestly, despite us playing the Koreans, would love to see us go with an inexperienced team.

The 442 pod this week talked about it, but this would be my preffered first XI and bench.

....................Langerak
Herd......Spira(C)...R.McGowan.....Good
Leckie.....A.Mooy......Luongo........Oar
......................Troisi
......................Kruise

Bench:
Ryan
Neville
Goodwin
Holland
Sarota
Rukavytsya
Dugandzic

Goodwin in the 18 man squad he has deserved it...Dugandzic really ???
Probably missed a few, but any way, this is the team I reckon Holger will go with:

........................Schwarzer
..North...........Neill.........Spira....McKay
..Wilkshire....Jedinak.....Besc.....Holman
........................Cahill
......................Brosque

Thomas477
28-10-2012, 01:53 AM

Has been playing consistently and has pace about him. But if there's another striker/winger I may have missed, replace him for Maté.

Grimario
28-10-2012, 02:53 AM
If it's based on form, Troisi won't be going. Got whatever the polar opposite of "rave reviews" is for a recent game at Atalanta.

Even the new found tactical genius of Colantuono has to come under some criticism this week with his decision to start James Troisi over Schelotto. The master tactician claimed, “I picked Troisi to replace Schelotto for tactical reasons because James is better at beating his man.” The Australian youngster had a shocking game, where he spent most of the time playing poor balls while being caught out of position

seldom
29-10-2012, 12:39 AM
F*ck we need a high quality striker to come out of the woodwork...wouldn't beat the kiwis at present imo

sh10
29-10-2012, 01:01 AM
return of the griffo

Beeen
29-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Feckin cap porta ya big kranksy. El Canguru wants to play for us. Who cares that he struggles to put a sentence together in english, that never stopped Harry Kewell.

Thomas477
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Squad for South Korea Friendly:

Eli BABALJ FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd, SERBIA
Aziz BEHICH Melbourne Heart FC, AUSTRALIA
Alex BROSQUE Al-Ain Club, UAE
James HOLLAND FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA
Mathew LECKIE FSV Frankfurt 1899, GERMANY
Ryan McGOWAN Heart of Midlothian FC, SCOTLAND
Matthew McKAY Busan I Park, KOREA REPUBLIC
Lucas NEILL Al-Wasl Sports Club, UAE
Tommy OAR FC Utrecht, NETHERLANDS
Tom ROGIC Central Coast Mariners FC, AUSTRALIA
Nikita RUKAVYTSYA FSV Mainz 05, GERMANY
Mathew Ryan Central Coast Mariners FC, AUSTRALIA -
Adam SAROTA FC Utrecht, NETHERLANDS
Mark SCHWARZER Fulham FC, ENGLAND
Matthew SPIRANOVIC Al Arabi, QATAR
Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA
Michael THWAITE Perth Glory FC, AUSTRALIA
Carl VALERI U.S. Sassuolo Calcio, ITALY
Luke WILKSHIRE FK Dinamo Moscow, RUSSIA

No Goodwin despite winning the NAB Young Player of the Month, although given Oar plays in the same spot I think it will be doubtful he will get a call up.
Good to see some dinosaurs not selected, although FFS Thompson is still in there.

furns
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
what is the bloody point of picking Lucas and Archie ffs

pv4
07-11-2012, 12:43 PM
thank fxxx the babalj allegiance issue will be put to rest

next dukes :cool:

pv4
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I imagine Lucas was selected because he's the captain - and even a group of young kids need leaders around. and I think Archie is the good-vibe feel of socceroos camps, so it'd be good to have someone like that around.

Pico
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
what is the bloody point of picking Lucas and Archie ffs
Necessary for the FFA to claim the Qantas Pensioners Travel discount :whistling:

furns
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
ps too many gypos in this squad for my liking

russjaybee
07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Agree with pv4, you need the right mix of youth and experience.

----Oar - Leckie/Babalj - Rukya--
-------- Rogic --- Holland ------
-------------- McKay -----------
- Behich - McGowan - Spira - Wilkshere
------------- Ryan ---------------

DARE YA.

Also,
Paartalu > Valeri
Vidosic > Rogic imo
Mooy??
Devere??
McDonald??

PS we're going to get domed... LOL

MFKS
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
It's a friendly that means **** all. Why pick the dinosaurs??

We all know what the likes of Neill Archie and Schwarzer Wilkshire and co offer. Why haven't we picked 20 or so novices at this level and put them into camp and let them impress Holger to earn their spot in the line up.

Don't see what the lies of the old farts brigade can offer other than some kind words that are gonna help these kids push on to owning a NT spot of their own. Throw them in and let them sink or swim. They ain't gonna die from the experience and tossing them in the deep end harshly will show the manager who is up to it and who ain't.

All of Furns points on this subject stand.

Gypos Out
Old Farts Out
Deans Out

parksey
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
where is chris herd ffs

sh10
07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
at villa

pv4
07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
where is chris herd ffs

the moment they select him, he gets injured. they're just trying to not put that curse on him again.

plague
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Mooy and Vidosic are more deserving than Rogic.
Schwarzer and Neill racking up cheap caps.
Matt Ryan FFS don't rate at all.

Also: 'Mooy' autocorrected on the phone to 'Moot'.
I giggled like a teenage girl.

Small things/minds etc

belchardo
13-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Socceroos coach Holger Osieck has been forced to make three changes to his squad for Wednesday night’s upcoming international friendly match against South Korea due to injury to his chargers.

Gone from the squad are Luke Wilkshire, who picked up a hamstring injury on Saturday evening whilst playing for his Russian club Dinamo Moscow, Matt McKay, who has a facial contusion from his K-League match for Busan I’Park on the weekend, and Adam Sarota, due to a knee injury.

Osieck has called in just one replacement, Korean-based defender Robert Cornthwaite who makes his first appearance in the Socceroos squad since his debut in 2009 against Kuwait in an AFC Asian Cup qualifier in Canberra.

Cornthwaite is locally based, currently playing for Chunnam Dragons in the K-League.

The omissions to Australian team leave the Socceroos with 17 available players.

geez.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 08:38 AM
football day!

q-money
14-11-2012, 11:25 AM
i'm actually keen to watch this, first time in a long time for a sockarooz game

Hamma12
14-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Cornflakes starting ****in lolz

Hamma12
14-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Schwarzer, McGowan, Neill (c), Cornthwaite, Thwaite, Thompson, Holland, Valeri, Oar, Rukavystya and Brosque.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Joke. Can't make the SQUAD but gets straight in to the line up after coming in as injury replacement. As if anyone in their right mind things Cornflakes is ever going to be a real option for the Socceroos... ****ing joke.

HO out.

Retro Jet
14-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Schwarzer, McGowan, Neill (c), Cornthwaite, Thwaite, Thompson, Holland, Valeri, Oar, Rukavystya and Brosque.

Glad Ruka got a start at least.....
Cornflake...LOFL

Grimario
14-11-2012, 09:42 PM
What formation are we playing with? I assume McGowan at right back... who is at left back? Where is Ruka playing? Do we have 3 strikers or are we playing Ruka left, Thompson right and Brosque central? Does that mean Oar is playing centrally as a midfielder?

Thomas477
14-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Thwaite is playing left back.

I will repeat that, Thwaite is playing LEFT BACK.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Someone PLEASE tell Lucas to **** off. Standing there in the centre of the park, completely unmarked, options in all directions... then hoof to Ruka.\

**** OFF.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:11 PM
it was classic lucas.

pv4
14-11-2012, 10:12 PM
why wouldn't he just play Thwaite at cb & behich at left back?

if babalj plays does his allegiance issue go away forever, or not because it's a friendly?

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:13 PM
nice play for korea. wtf is ruka doing back in central defence?? (EDIT: think it was cornflake actually, but why is he wearing 11?)

lol at the mascot. hope he got a yellow card for illegally entering the field of play.

pv4
glad to see holland get a gig also.

and even though I said play Thwaite at cb, why not give spira his much needed international experience & actually make the next captain for the squad?

Grimario

if babalj plays does his allegiance issue go away forever, or not because it's a friendly?

Gone forever.

Thomas477
14-11-2012, 10:14 PM
And the first goal comes down the left flank, Thwaite showing he isn't a left back, and Lucas showing he has no ****ing clue any more.

Thomas477
14-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Because its Holger, he has no ****ing clue.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:15 PM

it's an A international, so it should count.

pv4
14-11-2012, 10:16 PM
just give ange the gig already.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:16 PM
wow, what do you have to do to get a red? lucas should have walked for that.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Almost wish Lucas had been sent off then.

Great air foot by Cornflakes, SK nearly in 1 on 1 and only Archie ****ing Thompson saves things.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:19 PM
This is so frustrating. SO FRUSTRATING.

Archie at full speed down the right, Ruka passes the ball a full 3m behind him. Why even attempt that pass?

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:20 PM
This is so frustrating. SO FRUSTRATING.

Archie at full speed down the right, Ruka passes the ball a full 3m behind him. Why even attempt that pass?

yeah grim, it's not like they haven't been playing together on a daily basis for the last 3 years...oh wait...

not too worried about that, at least we are getting some damn movement happening.

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:21 PM
30 seconds before the goal, when south korea had a counter attack lucas was standing on the 6 yard line before the move had even threatened. the ball comes back towards play and bang he is standing deep again south korea feed the ball to the wing, thwaite not being a regular lb doesn't press, everyone is out of position, bang easy goal. Mark schwarzer may as well give the gloves to lucas, i feel sorry for mcgowan as well because i daresay if he had a competent cb next to him they could hold at least a normal line.

lucas was our best player at 06 wc and he has been a great servant and a leader but ffs my gears grind more when i see his name before archie thompsons.

also is just me or has james holland yet to complete a pass. i assume he is very nervous. Oar should be permanently selected for the rest of his career.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:26 PM
yeah grim, it's not like they haven't been playing together on a daily basis for the last 3 years...oh wait...

not too worried about that, at least we are getting some damn movement happening.

I know they aren't team mates but that has nothing to do with that. Ruka turns and attempts an impossible pass with his non preferred foot. Just stupid decision making.

McGowan and Oar have looked pretty good... and Archie too.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:26 PM
lucas was our best player at 06 wc and he has been a great servant and a leader but ffs my gears grind more when i see his name before archie thompsons.

agree completely

Oar should be permanently selected for the rest of his career.

kind of funny when you read this straight after the above. pretty sure this is what lucas is relying on.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I know they aren't team mates but that has nothing to do with that. Ruka turns and attempts an impossible pass with his non preferred foot. Just stupid decision making.

McGowan and Oar have looked pretty good... and Archie too.

tough pass, but i thought it was do-able. just poor execution in my opinion.

think we can both agree it could have worked out better. :)

pv4
14-11-2012, 10:29 PM
to be fair though, Lucas's "career" has been this huge trainwreck since leaving body's mob

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:31 PM
neill off at half time, thwaite to central defence, behich on.

do it holger. (and make sure you use all of the subs tonight as well)

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:32 PM
what i still can't even get through my head is that we are playing a back four with 4 centre backs and spiranovic who i would consider our most promising is not starting.

can see holgers thinking right now" is andy harper able to throw on the boots at HT?"

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:33 PM
to be fair though, Lucas's "career" has been this huge trainwreck since leaving body's mob

yep 100% should have gone to liverpool/united but like all his career decisions $$$ played apart, he has never taken a challenge on, i think he would actually fear the a-league and what the quick physical players would do to him

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:33 PM
what i still can't even get through my head is that we are playing a back four with 4 centre backs and spiranovic who i would consider our most promising is not starting.

can see holgers thinking right now" is andy harper able to throw on the boots at HT?"

baffling me too.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:34 PM

So what you are saying is that Spira should be starting in midfield instead of Valeri?

Hamma12
14-11-2012, 10:34 PM
neill off at half time, thwaite to central defence, behich on.

do it holger. (and make sure you use all of the subs tonight as well)

Cornflakes off behich on
Thwaite CB

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:35 PM
LUCAS! THE ****ING GRASS IS LONG! STOP HITTING SHIT PASSES!

i guess it's not his fault holger keeps selecting him.

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:36 PM
we are playing more long balls than stoke city

and stoke city have peter crouch.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Cornflakes off behich on
Thwaite CB

good point.

cornflake off, neill off.
behich on, spira on, thwaite to CB.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:38 PM
why oh why does schwarzer get selected for these matches? surely we would be better off playing the second string keepers to see who'll replace him.

Thomas477
14-11-2012, 10:39 PM
LUCAS! THE ****ING GRASS IS LONG! STOP HITTING SHIT PASSES!

i guess it's not his fault holger keeps selecting him.

He could always retire from internationals and just not rock up when he is selected.

Would still be a better use for his spot then it is ATM.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Good to see Cornflakes learning from Lucas and just hoofing up field.

That might be why Spira isn't playing, HO doesn't want any of Lucas' influence rubbing off on him.

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 10:46 PM
in all honesty this is how i would have them lined up for the second half (i am aware that holger will never do this)

----------------------Ryan---------------------
mcgowan--spira--------------Thwaite--behich

------------holland-----------Valeri----------
----------------------Rogic--------------------
-ruka----------------Leckie-------------Oar

edit we have scored: Keep lucas on forever :blush:

Grimario
14-11-2012, 10:48 PM
in all honesty this is how i would have them lined up for the second half (i am aware that holger will never do this)

edit we have scored: Keep lucas on forever :blush:

I agree with that apart from Leckie and Ruka being switched around.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 10:49 PM

like it. but we don't play with attacking, creative no. 10's. it's not the australian way.

Swifts
14-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm interested to know what people think our strongest 11 is, with all players available, not just those selected in tonight's squad.

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 10:58 PM
aw man, instead of listening to those four idiots talk we could have been watching some cheesy K Pop half time show

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:00 PM
aw man, instead of listening to those four idiots talk we could have been watching some cheesy K Pop half time show

didn't see psy, so can't have been good.

BodyNovo
14-11-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm interested to know what people think our strongest 11 is, with all players available, not just those selected in tonight's squad.

4-3-3

GK: Schwarzer (at this point in time yes he is still the best option, in 2 years i hope langerak is)
RB: Wilkshire (one of the only few is an automatic selection)
CB: Rhys Williams (if he is ever fit)
CB: Spiranovic (tall ball playing cb. wish he wasn't playing in a shit league)
LB: Behich (we are gifted in this position in the HAL & the only replacements for Behich should come from australia)
CDM: Paartulu (can't believe he has never been selected).
CM: Bresciano (is all class, would be happy with sarota or herd as well.)
CAM: Holman (one of the other players who is an automatic selection)
RW: Ruka (speed, can beat a player and as proven tonight can finish)
ST: Cahill (scores goals for australia simple)
LW: Oar (another automatic selction)

Bench:
Langerak, Herd, Mcgowan, Sarota, Leckie, Holland, Babalj

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Anyone with an English stream?

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:14 PM
OH MY GOD!

behich on.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Streams are illegal!!!!

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm interested to know what people think our strongest 11 is, with all players available, not just those selected in tonight's squad.to be honest that is a really hard question

we hardly get to see any of the candidates for the first eleven as they're playing in competitions in Europe we never get to see (notice I left out leagues in the Middle East as those clowns shouldn't be there anymore), the only guy in the MLS would be in the 11 though

it's not like six years ago when it pretty much picked itself

belchardo
one of the few times lucas' generally crap long balls came off. pity archie wasn't further up for the cutback.

Bremsstrahlung
Indeed they are. If I was viewing the link you didn;t post. I'd say thankyou.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:20 PM
(notice I left out leagues in the Middle East as those clowns shouldn't be there anymore)

think bresciano is still worthy of selection. proves time and time again he's got that special touch that can change a game.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Really hope HO puts Brosque out of his misery shortly. Has been woefully anonymous.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:27 PM

ok, i want to see our team play with overlapping wide backs to really press the field, so my formation is...

----------------------schwarzer---------------------
wilkshire--------spira-------Thwaite/Og--behich/goodwin
-----------valeri-----------portaloo--------------------
------------bresciano-----------holman----------
-ruka----------------cahill-------------Oar

not so sure about the frontline.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:31 PM
ok, i want to see our team play with overlapping wide backs to really press the field, so my formation is...

----------------------schwarzer---------------------
wilkshire--------spira-------Thwaite/Og--behich/goodwin
-----------valeri-----------portaloo--------------------
------------bresciano-----------holman----------
-ruka----------------cahill-------------Oar

not so sure about the frontline.

The old 12 man formation. Always one of my favourites.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:32 PM
shhhhh

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:35 PM
With you on the overlapping fullbacks as an option.

Schwarzer
Wilkshire - Williams - Spira - Behich
Valeri - Portaloo
Holman - Bresciano - Oar
Cahill

Can't fit Ruka or Leckie in who I both want as well.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:38 PM
rogic all about the dummies tonight. maybe he should open his eyes when he tries to shoot.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:39 PM
The bit that amuses me over the last 10 minutes is we have been playing great football and Korea have been hoofing it to their 195cm giant. :gent:

Great air swing by Rogic.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Ruka and Brosque off, Leckie and Babalj on. Come on, do it Holger!

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:45 PM
i'm going to give holger some credit here on cornflake/spira. i'm hoping he's pointing out to spira that he needs to find a better league to play in, otherwise donkeys like robbie are going to be picked in front of him. if so, good on you holger.

suggest you do it for neill as well.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:46 PM
that's right spira, that could have been yours if you were playing in korea.

belchardo
14-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Ruka and Brosque off, Leckie and Babalj on. Come on, do it Holger!

he did it.

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:49 PM
The only big downer for me from this game is Schwarzer. We already know how good he is, we already know that if fit he will be our indisputed #1... is Ryan even going to get the last few minutes of injury time?

Grimario
14-11-2012, 11:54 PM
It's pretty sad that Cornflakes has scored more goals than McDonald for the roos :(

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Should have a good old fashioned Australia A vs Australia B game.

parksey
15-11-2012, 12:03 AM
starting with thwaite at left back ahead of behich was a real headscratcher, it didn't really make any sense. behich looked assured when he came on.

hopefully brosque doesn't get near the team again for a while. babalj and ruka showed they are miles ahead of him in terms of natural ability and quality.

rogic, oar, holland and mcgowan were all impressive as was cornthwaite really which was surprising. he didn't hurt his chances of another call up at all. would have liked to see leckie get a bit more game time.

all in all a productive night.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Cornflakes got MOTM?! Nice pounce for the goal and some decent defending but thought Holland, Oar, Ruka and McGowan all had better games.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Also... is it 3am kick off for U19 game?

plague
15-11-2012, 01:05 AM
My take.
The Rogic fap fest needs to end. He's ok an'all but not the 2nd coming of Charlie ****ing Yankos.
Holland and Oar were two of our best, which means Jedinak and Richard Garcia will walk back into the team.
The chick in the Instant Windscreens ad has that Steph Rice/Veronica's sluttiness about her. Pwhoooaaarrrrr.
Behich (sp) was good, which means David Carney probably has only 27 more games left to prove his form.

plague
15-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Also, Fox Sports man of the match voting.
3pts-Allesandro Del Piero.
2pts-Tommy Rogic.
1pt-Robbie Slaters 1994 season for Blackburn (he played with Alan Shearer you know).

Retro Jet
15-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Btw ppl, Oman just grabbed an equaliser. 1-1 now with Japan

http://www.frombar.tv/v-4/6/192/v-479289.html

Illegal and proud!

Retro Jet
15-11-2012, 01:19 AM
1-2 now 89th min. Normal service has been resumed.
Australia back to 2nd place.

pv4
15-11-2012, 06:16 AM
my full-strength squad:

-----------------langerak-----------------
mcgowan--spira--williams(c)--davidson
------------holland--paartalu------------
ruka-----------holman---------------oar
-----------------babalj-------------------

bench: ryan, good, marrone, behich, goodwin, sarota, rogic, leckie, joel griffiths

wilkshire is an old man nowadays, and imo isn't an auto selection. same goes for bresc. i daresay the likes of these guys will need to be in & around the squad to guide the youngsters, but above is just my preferred lineup that i can see taking us to, and not embarrassing us, at brazil & onwards.

just give the young guys a chance ffs. the more exposure they get to NT, the more clubs interested in them & the more chance they get for first-team-regularity at their clubs. just ask david carney - without his socceroos appearances, he'd have no bargaining power with any of his petro-dollars-clubs.

edit: valeri changed to paartalu. but i'd really want someone else there, just can't think of who. even though i'm worlds biggest fan of paartalu, i think we should have better than him there. i think back to the vince grella days & i want the next him there.

edit edit: can add in troisi, lowry, herd, luongo, tombides, and probably heaps more into that future squad (which imo should be our current squad).

pv4
15-11-2012, 06:26 AM
also, anyone else losing so much respect for schwarzer now its clear he'll do anything to improve his cap count? the dude seems driven solely by how many caps he has, to beat some record. also feels like he's holding our several other potential replacement keepers (langerak, ryan, federici, not-bk, etc) from getting their opportunity to impress & get match experience because he's demanding to be played in any & every game.

do you know what i feel when i hear of guys in my local league team "only playing 2 more seasons so they can get their 200 games & life membership"? i think - good effort & all, but fxxx me you're doing this for the wrong reasons. be there because you want to be there & play!

Blackmac79
15-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Babalj was great when he came on. All the subs were really. I was sitting in my lounge room begging holger to get the likes of valeri, brosque, Thompson off.

russjaybee
15-11-2012, 11:12 AM
f*@!ing osieck is a joke. Would love to hear his reasoning for leaving brosque on for nearly an entire game also playing Schwarzer for the entire match. We know what they can bring to the team (in brosque's case, not much imo). He's dragged the likes of Bablj and Leckie there from their euro clubs and gives them all of 10 minutes game time.

Did he understand that this match was a friendly? He's actually making his job harder for himself. Now he still does not know what Leckie and Babalj could offer the team. We've seen brosque and archie plenty of times. This was a chance to have a look at the others.

IMO ruka did really well and was a good target man and threat up front, did some great running and I think was possibly a little unlucky with some of his deliveries. Andy harper has somethign against him as he struggled to say anything positive about the player.

Oar was ok, was a little disappointed overall, but thats only because I expected a lot. He was solid though I would have like to see him try and beat his player a bit more as a few of his crosses were blocked by the defender. Great ball in to Ruka though.

Archie is in a purple patch at both club and country at the moment. In the first half I thought he was pretty solid and honestly looked like one of the sharpest players on our team when he touched the ball etc.

Behich wasn't beaten once at LB when he came on, would have like to have seen him played there from the start.

Holland started very poorly giving the ball away several times but slowly got in to the match. In the second half he was great, moving the ball around quickly and lively in CM. Would like to see him there with someone like Kilkenny or Matty McKay.

Valeria was poor imo, he is SO negative when we have the ball. You can tell he plays in Italy. He receives the ball, holds on to it for a few seconds then knocks it back slowly. Move him on.

I cannot stand Osieck. Our national team is so far behind we need someone to come in and shake it up, not just pick the "safe" options and hope we can scrape through qualification for things. These friendlies are so important and we need a strong leader that's ready to bring new blood in, if we get beaten who cares, giving them a shot is necessary.

belchardo
15-11-2012, 11:30 AM
agree completely russ.

That performance gave me a lot of hope actually.

I think it proved that our youngsters aren’t far off international standard, and would probably be selected were it not for a seeming culture of favourites within the current squad. I think Ruka offers more off the bench than Archie. I think the potential of Spira should see him selected above Neill (although I wonder if Holger is punishing him for going to a dodgy league), and I think the current form of both of them should see Spira chosen as well. I reckon Holland showed enough to at least be in the squad and on the bench, and inspired more confidence than Jedinak (even if he was sporting a dirty hipster beard).

And the only way our youngsters will reach international level is by PLAYING THEM AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL. So do it holger. I want to see at least one of the players from last night getting a start in the next qualifier. Not only that, I want to see pretty much that exact squad playing in the East Asian comp coming up next month, but without Schwarzer, neill, archie and valeri. This might be tough to do though, as I don’t think this is on during a FIFA window. Arnold will certainly scream like a banshee about losing his star players for two weeks.

pv4
15-11-2012, 11:50 AM
isn't the east asian comp in an asian window though? that's what i'm led to believe. so your neill's, spira's, og's, etc of the asian world should be available.

q-money
15-11-2012, 12:12 PM
The chick in the Instant Windscreens ad has that Steph Rice/Veronica's sluttiness about her. Pwhoooaaarrrrr.

jiah

sh10
15-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Also, Fox Sports man of the match voting.
3pts-Allesandro Del Piero.
2pts-Tommy Rogic.
1pt-Robbie Slaters 1994 season for Blackburn (he played with Alan Shearer you know).

fvcking lol

q-money
15-11-2012, 05:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ud8xc.png

plague
15-11-2012, 06:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ud8xc.png
There it is.
She sings too*

*singing may be dubbed.

Buddha
15-11-2012, 06:06 PM
my full-strength squad:

-----------------langerak-----------------
mcgowan--spira--williams(c)--davidson
------------holland--paartalu------------
ruka-----------holman---------------oar
-----------------babalj-------------------

bench: ryan, good, marrone, behich, goodwin, sarota, rogic, leckie, joel griffiths

wilkshire is an old man nowadays, and imo isn't an auto selection. same goes for bresc. i daresay the likes of these guys will need to be in & around the squad to guide the youngsters, but above is just my preferred lineup that i can see taking us to, and not embarrassing us, at brazil & onwards.

just give the young guys a chance ffs. the more exposure they get to NT, the more clubs interested in them & the more chance they get for first-team-regularity at their clubs. just ask david carney - without his socceroos appearances, he'd have no bargaining power with any of his petro-dollars-clubs.

edit: valeri changed to paartalu. but i'd really want someone else there, just can't think of who. even though i'm worlds biggest fan of paartalu, i think we should have better than him there. i think back to the vince grella days & i want the next him there.

edit edit: can add in troisi, lowry, herd, luongo, tombides, and probably heaps more into that future squad (which imo should be our current squad).
If you are going to have herd in the team it better be as a CB. Everytime he plays Cb for Villa he does pretty well and to be frank it scares me when he's in the middle of the park. Wish he'd stop being injured every camp ffs, he'd be perfect for our CB problem (that being neill is too old and slow)

MFKS
15-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Holland started very poorly giving the ball away several times but slowly got in to the match. In the second half he was great, moving the ball around quickly and lively in CM. Would like to see him there with someone like Kilkenny or Matty McKay.

Valeria was poor imo, he is SO negative when we have the ball. You can tell he plays in Italy. He receives the ball, holds on to it for a few seconds then knocks it back slowly. Move him on.

Best thing I have seen about this game.

Everytime Valeri got the ball his first instinct is to play backwards then play sideways to retain "possession" but basically pass the buck to someone else and rarely looks to play forward

Everytime Jimmy got the ball his first instinct is to play forward then play sideways to create something and refused to pass the buck to someone else to do it and rarely looks to play backwards

I know what the **** I want in my National Team.

I am not saying Jimmy is the answer but FFS pick positive players. End of the game last night we had Rukya Balbalj Leckie Oar Rogic etc on there and it was the first time since we played American Samoa or something that we have actually picked more than 1-2 players who are attacking minded rather than this steady as she goes mentality we have

Grimario
15-11-2012, 09:10 PM
If the focus was on youth, why was Cornflakes called up over DeVere? He plays in South Korea as well... or is he injured?

MFKS
15-11-2012, 09:15 PM
As for the where was Spiranovic queries I heard he wasn't 100% fit that is why Cornflakes and Lucas got the gig

q-money
15-11-2012, 09:49 PM
yanking valeri was the best thing we did

holland was ten times better when carl went off

i can't think of a more uninspiring midfielder really, maybe terry mcflynn or something

belchardo
15-11-2012, 09:57 PM
yanking valeri was the best thing we did

holland was ten times better when carl went off

i can't think of a more uninspiring midfielder really, maybe terry mcflynn or something

hutcho?

parksey
15-11-2012, 11:05 PM
If the focus was on youth, why was Cornflakes called up over DeVere? He plays in South Korea as well... or is he injured?

I read somewhere that he was indeed injured. Cornthwaite did quite well really.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I read somewhere that he was indeed injured. Cornthwaite did quite well really.

Aye, apart from the first goal where everyone was pretty much shit, he wasn't as awful as expected.

russjaybee
16-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Osieck has absolutely no balls or guile. This game was not even a risk for him to pick youngsters ffs.

Retro Jet
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Hello all

Does anyone have a copy on DVD of the Sth Korea friendly? Or can get one easily?
Muz has accidentally gone to the UK and is stranded...suffering massive Socceroo withdrawals.
He’s see the goals on UToob but wants to see the game in full.

I have a friend who's saved it on Fox IQ. Is it possible to get it onto a DVD recorder and burn it from there? I don't have Fox and I’m not up
with the technicalities of what IQ is and connecting from the Pox Box to his DVD recorder. Whirlpool had a thread that mentioned a SCART cable?

Hilfe!

Retro & Muz

furns
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
you have to play the game on the iq and record the feed via a DVD recorder. The SCART cable you mention is the connection on the back of the Foxtel box for the video and audio out.
Dont forget if you burn the dvd here in Oz it may not play in a Pom dvd player as the regions are different?

belchardo
15-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Football Federation Australia (FFA) today announced that the Qantas Socceroos will play an international friendly match against Romania in Marbella, Spain on Wednesday 6 February 2013.

Qantas Socceroos Head Coach Holger Osieck is looking forward to the first match of the new year as his team embarks on the final stages of their qualification campaign for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

“This is a welcome opportunity to check on the performance on some of our players against Romania who are a very good team and will be a very challenging opponent,” said Osieck.

“With the recent matches in the Korea Republic and Hong Kong we have seen some new players added to the group and as a result the competition for places in our group has increased.

“This match will not be just a friendly, but also a good test for the players ahead of our important qualifier against Oman.”

This will be the first meeting between the Qantas Socceroos and Romania at senior men’s international level.

The Qantas Socceroos are currently 36th in the FIFA Men’s Rankings with Romania in 33rd position.

This will also be the Qantas Socceroos last international friendly match before their next 2014 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier against Oman at Sydney’s Stadium Australia on Tuesday 26 March. Romania are currently in third position of Group D in their 2014 FIFA World Cup European qualifiers and will also face Poland in an international friendly on Friday 2 February in Malaga, Spain.

The match will be played in Marbella and will be broadcast Live and Exclusive by FOX SPORTS in Australia.

Ticketing details will be released at a later date.

Romania v Qantas Socceroos
Wednesday 6 February 2013
Venue TBC, Marbella, Spain
Kick-Off time: 8:00pm CET (6:00am AEDT, Thursday 7 February 2013)
CET = Central European time (UTC + 1)
AEDT = Australian Eastern Daylight Time (UTC + 11)

The Qantas Socceroos return to Australia in 2013, for the FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Oman at Sydney’s Stadium Australia, Tuesday 26 March, followed by Jordan at Docklands Stadium in Melbourne on Tuesday 11 June, before returning to Stadium Australia for the Iraq match, on Tuesday, 18 June.

Tickets for both matches at Stadium Australia are available now by clicking here (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/www.footballaustralia.com.au/tickets.) or via phone on 132 849.

anybody else know about this?

MFKS
15-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Luca$h Timmy and Schwarzer and the rest of our old fart brigade obviously need some R&R in a Spanish Resort.

Why else would we play an Int Friendly there??

Got to be some perks in it for the players that beat the likes of Loftus Rd and Craven Cottage on a cold English winters night in February

evolution
15-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Why else would we play an Int Friendly there??

Romania are playing a friendly against Poland there a few days earlier (no ****ing idea why), so logistically that works for them.

I'm sure the oldies won't say no to bit of Spanish sun though.

parksey
15-01-2013, 10:06 PM
should be a good hit out

MFKS
30-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Mark BRESCIANO Al Gharafa, Qatar; Alex BROSQUE Al-Ain Club, UAE; Robert CORNTHWAITE Chunnam Dragons, Korea Republic; Jason DAVIDSON SC Heracles Almelo, Netherlands; Adam FEDERICI Reading FC, England; James HOLLAND FK Austria Vienna, Austria; Brett HOLMAN Aston Villa FC, England; Mile JEDINAK Crystal Palace FC, England; Robbie KRUSE Fortuna Dusseldorf, Germany; Mathew LECKIE FSV Frankfurt 1899, Germany; Ryan McGOWAN Shandong Luneng Taishan FC; Matt McKAY Changchun Yatai FC, China PR; Lucas NEILL Al-Wasl Sports Club, UAE; Tommy OAR FC Utrecht, Netherlands; Nikita RUKAVYTSYA FSV Mainz, Germany; Mark SCHWARZER Fulham FC, England; Luke WILKSHIRE FK Dinamo Moscow, Russia; Rhys WILLIAMS Middlesbrough FC, England; Michael ZULLO FC Utrecht, Netherlands.

Squad for Romania game

belchardo
30-01-2013, 03:48 PM
again, so many oldies.

belchardo
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Midfield duo Mile Jedinak and Tommy Oar have been ruled out of the Socceroos' clash with Romania on Wednesday (Thursday AEDT).
Crystal Palace captain Jedinak copped a swinging arm from Huddersfield striker Alan Lee last week, suffering a fractured cheekbone and a broken nose.

Defender Mark Milligan has been called up by coach Holger Osieck for the match to be played at the Estadio Ciudad de Malaga in Spain.

The Socceroos are currently ranked 36th in the FIFA World Rankings while Romania are ranked No.33.

Osieck is looking forward to using the match to assess where his players are at leading into the 2014 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier against Oman in Sydney on March 26.

Australia are currently in second position of group B of the World Cup Asian Qualifiers.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/oar-jedinak-ruled-out-for-socceroos-20130205-2dv6z.html

belchardo
06-02-2013, 09:00 PM
game on. 6:45am.

belchardo
07-02-2013, 07:35 AM
vinnie grella. such a natural, it's like he's made for TV

boz-monaut
07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
I'd like to smash that dick with the horn

Retro Jet
07-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Hand ball....wot a dirty Rat

boz-monaut
07-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Bresch proving there is certainly a time when you're too old and that it was a few years ago for this defence

Imyourhero
07-02-2013, 08:24 AM
gtfo brosque, also some terrible passing fails by us.

Imyourhero
07-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Missed a few sitters, think this will cost us.

Retro Jet
07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
He really is a dirty Rat, isn't he.
Pen

Imyourhero
07-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Was shocked when i saw Bresciano lose the ball in our third early in the match, thats not like him!

Retro Jet
07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
That was a Lolman moment....

BodyNovo
07-02-2013, 09:33 AM
james holland is really turning into a class act.

good solid distributor of the ball, solid engines and very composed on the ball.

really like the idea of him and rhys williams as the 2 holding mids. taking the Football manager terms, but i would have holland as the deep lying playmaker and williams as a ball winning midfielder.

also Lucas out.

joel31
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
gtfo brosque, also some terrible passing fails by us.
Taggart should replace him. He did well in the east asian cup and under GVE it will be the only seniour football he gets

Buddha
07-02-2013, 07:03 PM
james holland is really turning into a class act.

good solid distributor of the ball, solid engines and very composed on the ball.

really like the idea of him and rhys williams as the 2 holding mids. taking the Football manager terms, but i would have holland as the deep lying playmaker and williams as a ball winning midfielder.

also Lucas out.
Williams is actually an anchor man on FM, and to me he kinda plays like it for boro and Aus, he's turned into a great DM, something we have been missing since Vinnie

MFKS
15-07-2013, 06:10 PM
FIFA'S website has confirmed that Australia will meet 2014 World Cup hosts Brazil in a friendly international on September 7 on Brazil's Independence Day.

The clash is expected to be played in the capital Brasilia with the Socceroos expected to be the perfect guests as the Selecao prepare to host the World Cup for the first time since 1950.

It will be the seventh showdown between the two teams.

Brazil has claimed four wins, with a draw and one win while Australia has one victory - a 1-0 2001 Confederations Cup upset.

The Socceroos last met Brazil in 2006 at the FIFA World Cup in Germany under former boss Guus Hiddink.

Brazil claimed a 2-0 win at the Allianz Arena in Munich with goals from Adriano and Fred and is currently in hot form after winning the recent Confederations Cup in Brazil.

And while it will be the first meeting in seven years for the two nations Socceroos Holger Osieck will not have the headache of a club-versus-country battle for the clash when he names his squad for the friendly.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The clash is protected by FIFA's international match calendar where players must be released by clubs.

Osieck has been rocked this week by J-League club Nagoya Grampus' refusal to release striker Josh Kennedy for the East Asian Cup tournament which kicks off this Saturday.

The East Asian Cup sits outside the international match calendar.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/fifa-set-the-date-for-the-socceroos-international-friendly-against-world-cup-hosts-brazil/story-e6frf4l3-1226679559984#ixzz2Z5ziZYqf

belchardo
06-08-2013, 03:48 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1162605/Socceroos-set-for-glamour-internationals

Games v France and Brazil this year

hawk
07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1162605/Socceroos-set-for-glamour-internationals

Games v France and Brazil this year

be on sbs?

belchardo
15-08-2013, 03:56 PM
why aren't we playing a friendly this international window???

holger confident about his line up? :sigh:

boz-monaut
15-08-2013, 04:38 PM
we very rarely do anything in single game international windows

more so this season (as it's the last August one ever) because we've just finished the qualifications and East Asian Cup

plus with the top players no longer based in Europe it's probably even less worthwhile as so much time would be taken up with players travelling to and from the opponents

belchardo
20-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Football Federation Australia and the Fédération Française de Football (FFF) today announced that the Socceroos will meet the French Men’s National Football team, “Les Bleus”, in an international friendly match at the Parc de Princes, Paris on Friday 11 October 2013 (kick-off at 9:00pm CEST (6:00am AEDT).

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/socceroos-to-face-les-bleus/73087

will be in Scotland at this time, so currently investigating flights to Paris for the game.

parksey
20-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I will be in the area too. Definitely looking into this.

Grimario
28-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Squad announcement for Brazil game at midday.

Grimario
28-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Roos squad to play Brazil: Mark BRESCIANO, Tim CAHILL, Robert CORNTHWAITE, Mitchell DUKE, James HOLLAND, Brett HOLMAN, Mile JEDINAK, Josh KENNEDY, Robbie KRUSE, Mitchell LANGERAK (gk), Ryan McGOWAN, Matthew McKAY, Mark MILLIGAN, Lucas NEILL, Tommy OAR, Sasa OGNENOVSKI, Tom ROGIC, Mat RYAN (gk), Mark SCHWARZER (gk), Archie THOMPSON, Luke WILKSHIRE, Rhys WILLIAMS

russjaybee
28-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Mitchell DUKE.

Really?

Why doesn't Leckie get a look in anymore? He seems to be doing ok for FSV Frankfurt in 2 Bundesliga, looking at stats he seems to have started his permanent spell there ok.

Jeterpool
28-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Vidosic dropped alogn with Galekovic. Anyone else?

pv4
28-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I wonder how many other NTs name a 20 strong squad without a single left back

Grimario
28-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many other NTs name a 20 strong squad without a single left back

22 man squad :gent:

Unless you are suggesting that 2 of them are weak and not part of the strong squad :lulz:

But yeah. McKay out of position at left back, whoo. Or watch Oar play left back. He has been playing deeper and more central for Utrecht in the games I have seen, getting through a lot more defensive work too.

Would have LOVED to see Lowry in the squad. Rated as one of the better players at Millwall, definitely one of our best in the Championship... and I believe he can play LEFT BACK (though I might be confusing him with another O/S Shane in Cansdell-Sherrif)

baldrick
08-09-2013, 07:12 AM
I got up at 5am to watch this shite ?

At least Brazil are great to watch

hawk
08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
giants vs minnows what did you expect

Grimario
09-09-2013, 11:58 AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/axe-looms-above-socceroos-coach-holger-osieck-after-australia-was-thrashed-by-brazil/story-fni2flhh-1226715029147

Yewwwwwww

GazFish35
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Stumbled across this blog while the foz was down....

Joegormanfootball.com

His latest piece on roar.com is worth a read,

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/09/how-i-stopped-worrying-and-learned-to-love-the-socceroos/

First response is spot on the money...

JAJI said | September 9th 2013 @ 8:23am | Report comment

Good article Joe. I was at the Allianz Arena that day in June 2006 and the contrast between that performance and this weekends game couldnt be more different

Back in 2006 arguably Brazil had a stronger squad – Dida in goal, Cafu and Lucio and Roberto Carlos at the back, and then the big 4 of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Adriano. They should have won the World Cup that year but got done over by Zizou in the quarters

Yet we gave it to them and should have equalised in the second half when Harry Kewell had an open goal. The side that day was Schwarzer (who ironically was dropped after this game) Chippers Poppa Neil Moore Emerton Grella Sterjovski Culina Cahill and the V Bomber

Harry, Bresciano and Aloisi other came off the bench

Viduka has never been replaced unfortunately. He was the only one who had the ability to hold the ball no matter who was on him

Another stark difference is Guus Hiddink not Holger Osiek was in charge. Then finally there are clubs our boys were playing for back then. In 2006 Boro, Basel, Blackburn, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Parma, Everton, PSV, Boro, Basel and Blackburn

In 2013 on the weekend – a bench role at Chelsea, a Chinese club I have never heard of, a Qatari Club I have never heard of whose comp hasnt started, a Japanese Club where our skipper has played once that I have never heard of, a left back who doesnt play left back and couldnt get a gig in Scotland and has now been released by a Chinese club I have never heard of and currently isnt playing, a UAE Club I have never heard of who isnt playing, another Qatari club whose comp hasnt started, Bayer Leverkeusen, Utrecht, Nagoya in Japan and finally Crystal Palace

So its a combination of the cattle isnt there anymore and the next generation are too young and the manager who lets face it since the Asian Cup in 2011 struggled in qualifiers against Thailand twice, Oman twice, Iraq twice, Jordan once and has been thrashed in friendlies against anyone half decent including Denmark, Scotland, Romania and now Brazil

What will Frank Lowy and David Gallop do? Remember the Confeds Cup in 2005 where Farina was thrashed 3 times with that golden squad I mentioned above. Hiddink came in and within a year we suddenly beat Uruguay, drew with Holland, lost narrowly to Brazil, beat Japan thrashed Bahrain, drew with Croatia to progress to the last 16 of the worlds biggest sporting event and then lose to Italy in the last minute

I am hearing rumblings this morning that Osiek is on borrowed time. Who else is hearing this? France could be it?

A Biesla with Okon assisting anyone?

GazFish35
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Stumbled across this blog while the foz was down....

Joegormanfootball.com

His latest piece on roar.com is worth a read,

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/09/how-i-stopped-worrying-and-learned-to-love-the-socceroos/

First response is spot on the money...

JAJI said | September 9th 2013 @ 8:23am | Report comment

Good article Joe. I was at the Allianz Arena that day in June 2006 and the contrast between that performance and this weekends game couldnt be more different

Back in 2006 arguably Brazil had a stronger squad – Dida in goal, Cafu and Lucio and Roberto Carlos at the back, and then the big 4 of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Adriano. They should have won the World Cup that year but got done over by Zizou in the quarters

Yet we gave it to them and should have equalised in the second half when Harry Kewell had an open goal. The side that day was Schwarzer (who ironically was dropped after this game) Chippers Poppa Neil Moore Emerton Grella Sterjovski Culina Cahill and the V Bomber

Harry, Bresciano and Aloisi other came off the bench

Viduka has never been replaced unfortunately. He was the only one who had the ability to hold the ball no matter who was on him

Another stark difference is Guus Hiddink not Holger Osiek was in charge. Then finally there are clubs our boys were playing for back then. In 2006 Boro, Basel, Blackburn, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Parma, Everton, PSV, Boro, Basel and Blackburn

In 2013 on the weekend – a bench role at Chelsea, a Chinese club I have never heard of, a Qatari Club I have never heard of whose comp hasnt started, a Japanese Club where our skipper has played once that I have never heard of, a left back who doesnt play left back and couldnt get a gig in Scotland and has now been released by a Chinese club I have never heard of and currently isnt playing, a UAE Club I have never heard of who isnt playing, another Qatari club whose comp hasnt started, Bayer Leverkeusen, Utrecht, Nagoya in Japan and finally Crystal Palace

So its a combination of the cattle isnt there anymore and the next generation are too young and the manager who lets face it since the Asian Cup in 2011 struggled in qualifiers against Thailand twice, Oman twice, Iraq twice, Jordan once and has been thrashed in friendlies against anyone half decent including Denmark, Scotland, Romania and now Brazil

What will Frank Lowy and David Gallop do? Remember the Confeds Cup in 2005 where Farina was thrashed 3 times with that golden squad I mentioned above. Hiddink came in and within a year we suddenly beat Uruguay, drew with Holland, lost narrowly to Brazil, beat Japan thrashed Bahrain, drew with Croatia to progress to the last 16 of the worlds biggest sporting event and then lose to Italy in the last minute

I am hearing rumblings this morning that Osiek is on borrowed time. Who else is hearing this? France could be it?

A Biesla with Okon assisting anyone?

The Dunster
09-09-2013, 03:42 PM
The current Socceroos team is completely aids compared to the 2006 squad, so it's most unfair to be giving Hiddink a wrap and trashing Osiek as a Manager. People seem to forget that Hiddink failed to get Russia through qualification for the last world cup .

There is not a manager in the history of the game that could get the current socceroos past the group stage at Brazil 2014 and blaming the current manager doesn't change that.

MFKS
09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
The current Socceroos team is completely aids compared to the 2006 squad, so it's most unfair to be giving Hiddink a wrap and trashing Osiek as a Manager. People seem to forget that Hiddink failed to get Russia through qualification for the last world cup .

There is not a manager in the history of the game that could get the current socceroos past the group stage at Brazil 2014 and blaming the current manager doesn't change that.

I agree that we are long odds to get out of the group in brazil.

What though is the disgrace is that most of these issues and piss poor performances have been around for a while and Holger has done Sweet **** All to deal with them. 6

We don't have young vibrant players because the coach has continued to pick has beens like Schwarzer Cahill and Neill or has picked the likes of Brosque Archie Ogdenovski Holman etc ie Blokes who are never and will never be good enough at this level. These clowns have continued to put in shit performance after shit performance and then keep getting picked.

Young blokes like Jimmy Holland come in and get absolutely panned for a quiet game and are rarely sighted again.

Not to mention half of these blokes are playing at shit levels of football and yet still get picked for the NT. WTF Who in their right mind would be planning on going to Brazil WC and sign to be a second keeper and sit on the bench all season without fear of getting arsed from the final WC Squad???

Who in their right mind would choose to play in the Gulf Leagues and the Chinese Leagues and expect to get picked for their NT when they allegedly could be playing in Europe??

There are many issues with this Socceroos team and many of them are self inflicted by the FFA and also by a coach with no real loyalty to this country.

Shame we refuse to deal with them

Grimario
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Dunno where else to put this but Traore is never going to be eligible for socceroos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-victory-defender-adama-traore-ruled-ineligible-to-represent-socceroos/story-fnibbvjo-1226731828775

BodyNovo
04-10-2013, 01:09 PM
good news for the mackays and carneys of this world

militiamon
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
How is it that Diego Costa can play for the Brazilian senior team twice and also (likely) be eligible for the Spanish national team in the same year? Sheesh.
I mean I understand the technicalities of the two situations (friendly game, citizenship), but the rules seem to be completely arbitrary.

MFKS
04-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Dunno where else to put this but Traore is never going to be eligible for socceroos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-victory-defender-adama-traore-ruled-ineligible-to-represent-socceroos/story-fnibbvjo-1226731828775

I thought this was old news anyways??

I could never understand the gooses calling for his selection when it had already been identified that he would never be eligible.

What is more of a concern is that we as a nation can not find a left back at all.

Maybe the FFA need to say something to the HAL clubs and discourage them signing nobodies such as Fabio/Byun/Ritter etc when we could use the opportunities in the HAL to develop some Aussie left backs

joel31
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
How is it that Diego Costa can play for the Brazilian senior team twice and also (likely) be eligible for the Spanish national team in the same year? Sheesh.
I mean I understand the technicalities of the two situations (friendly game, citizenship), but the rules seem to be completely arbitrary.
The official rules state its friendlies so it doesn't count. Traore represented Ivory Coast at youth level in competitive matches

GazFish35
05-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Qatar won the World Cup.
As if FIFA care about rules.
If we really want trarore as our LB we just need to hand over the cash.

militiamon
05-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Like I said, I understand the technicalities, but the point is that the rules have changed so much over the last decade and seem so random to the extent that they've lost meaning.

e.g while Traore's downfall was that he played for the Ivory Coast at youth level in so-called competitive matches, there's no restrictions on youth players switching national teams multiple times. There's one dude who has represented Israel, the US and Portugal at various youth levels without any restrictions.

Justice for Aussie Azza Trazza.

Grimario
05-10-2013, 01:22 AM
e.g while Traore's downfall was that he played for the Ivory Coast at youth level in so-called competitive matches, there's no restrictions on youth players switching national teams multiple times. There's one dude who has represented Israel, the US and Portugal at various youth levels without any restrictions.

The difference is that they were all eligible for those nations at youth level. Traore was NOT eligible for any other country than Ivory Coast when he played youth so that means he can't ever play for anyone else. If he was eligible for Ivory Coast and Australia back then, a youth game wouldn't have locked him in... but that wasn't the case.

weston
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
The difference is that they were all eligible for those nations at youth level. Traore was NOT eligible for any other country than Ivory Coast when he played youth so that means he can't ever play for anyone else. If he was eligible for Ivory Coast and Australia back then, a youth game wouldn't have locked him in... but that wasn't the case.

What you've just explained, to me, seems like a whole lot of bullshit (not having a go at you, but the rule in which you've just explained itself). I thought the rule was you were not locked into any nation until you have made your first international competitive fixture for the team. I didn't think youth mattered (as long as the player in question was eligible to play for nation in question)?

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cahill#Samoa

Change of allegiance
In February 2002, Cahill's former manager at Millwall F.C. Mick McCarthy, then the manager of the Republic of Ireland national team offered Cahill the opportunity to play at the 2002 FIFA World Cup. Cahill has Irish grandparents and McCarthy had hoped that Cahill would be interested.[38] However Cahill was not eligible as he was cap-tied to Samoa.

FIFA changed its eligibility rules in 2004, allowing players capped at junior levels to switch international allegiance, meaning that Cahill was then able to play England, Ireland, Australia or Samoa. He chose to represent the country of his birth.

Has the rules changed since Tim Cahill?

GazFish35
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
His Samoan games were schoolboy stuff though. I think.

weston
05-10-2013, 12:34 PM
His Samoan games were schoolboy stuff though. I think.

According to that wiki link I posted it was the 1994 U/20 Championship which he debuted off the bench in a 3-0 loss to New Zealand and also played in a 3-0 loss against Vanuatu. He was 14 at the time.

EDIT:

I clicked on cup-tied on that Tim Cahill wiki and it sent me to this

Cap-tied is an adjective, used primarily in association football, to describe a player who has represented a national football team in a competitive game and as a result is unable to represent another FIFA-affiliated national team.

A player is 'cap-tied' once he has played in an official competition for the senior national team.[1]

In some instances, players have sought refuge in another country having represented their national team in an official competition. Players such as Maykel Galindo, Lester Moré and Osvaldo Alonso have represented the Cuba national football team and since defected to the United States but are now unable to represent another nation at football.

A player who competes for one nation in a friendly match is not considered cap-tied and may represent another nation in a competitive fixture, should the opportunity present itself. An example of this is Jermaine Jones, who had played three friendlies for Germany in 2008, but started competing for the US in 2010.

With Wikipedia being the be all and end all of all argument because of its accuracy of what it says, I still don't understand why Traore is not eligible to play for the socceroo's if he has only played for a different country at youth level.

Grimario
05-10-2013, 12:55 PM
What you've just explained, to me, seems like a whole lot of bullshit (not having a go at you, but the rule in which you've just explained itself). I thought the rule was you were not locked into any nation until you have made your first international competitive fixture for the team. I didn't think youth mattered (as long as the player in question was eligible to play for nation in question)?

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cahill#Samoa

Has the rules changed since Tim Cahill?

Not that I am aware of. But you missed the point... Cahill was eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for Samoa. Traore was not eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for CIV.

weston
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Not that I am aware of. But you missed the point... Cahill was eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for Samoa. Traore was not eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for CIV.

No I got that, I just don't understand why whether he was eligible for another country at the time or not is relevant. You may be right as far as I know but I personally don't see why that would change anything.

militiamon
05-10-2013, 01:04 PM

lol, sorry if I'm not making myself clear. Like I said, I 100% understand the technicality of the ruling. My point is that the rules themselves seem completely arbitrary and pointless. Do you disagree with that?

Grimario
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
No I got that, I just don't understand why whether he was eligible for another country at the time or not is relevant. You may be right as far as I know but I personally don't see why that would change anything.

Because that's what the rules are, basically.

Article 5 part 2

'2. With the exception of the conditions specifi ed in article 8 below, any
Player who has already participated in a match (either in full or in part) in an
official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association
may not play an international match for a representative team of another
Association.

Article 8

1. If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new
nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for several representative teams
due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for
which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another
country of which he holds nationality, subject to the following conditions:

a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an offi cial
competition at “A” international level for his current Association, and at
the time of his fi rst full or partial appearance in an international match
in an offi cial competition for his current Association, he already had the
nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.

GazFish35
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Can Kanta play for Macedonia?

MFKS
05-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Wasn't there am issue a few years back where Takka couldn't play for Lebanon NT cause he had played Olyroos???

goaliepersempre
09-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Attending Aus vs Canada on tuesday

goaliepersempre
12-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah 3 nil now against france.... We are rubbish........

Pico
12-10-2013, 07:39 AM
it's a sad day when the jets actually look better than the national team, 10 goals in two games so far, looks like plan b might need to be used to snap these players out of this holger haze.

goaliepersempre
12-10-2013, 08:10 AM
6 nil....... Imagine what a germany would do to us now......

GazFish35
12-10-2013, 08:25 AM
I thought the French laid down for Germans. What's going on?

Hiddink will be be gaffer for Canada game

goaliepersempre
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Also langerak is great. Top keeper. Still at 6 nil giving it everything.... Our defence is atrocious....

goaliepersempre
12-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Langerak... Love it...... French taking the piss....

Jeterpool
12-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Bozza getting fired up. Rightly so. Slater too

Holger's gone

Imyourhero
12-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I didnt get to watch the game however our team lineup really looked like a '100%' strength team.

goaliepersempre
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Its down right embarrassing..... French coach in interview on French tv was like it was an easy game, basically not worth it. Australia are not on our (world cup/class level)....... It sucks as i will be it will be a very long time before we can ever play them in a friendly again.... We need to be aiming higher,. Switzerland is qualified for world cup now :) :)

BodyNovo
12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Holger was sacked the second he put holland at rb ffs

Tommyjet
12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Holger was sacked the second he put holland at rb ffs

Did quite well considering wilkshere left him stranded with ribery most of the game

belchardo
19-11-2013, 09:16 AM
football day!

BodyNovo
19-11-2013, 09:37 AM
going to be hard to judge tonight

with ange only having them for probably just on a week.

probably will take till the world cup for his stlye to be fully implemented at a time when we will be going up against great teams.

nonetheless excited.

hope to see the following (taking in neill is starting, although i wish he wasn't)

--------------Langerak------------
franjic---Williams---Milligan---davidson
-------Holland---------Jedinak-------
Kruse----------Rogic-------------Oar
---------------Cahill----------------

from that i'm aware bresc, wilkinson, and a couple more experienced heads will start but that team would be ideal for me.

GazFish35
19-11-2013, 09:53 AM
saw a headkline along the lines of Ange giving the team free scope to go at Costa Rica.

smart move IMO.

get the hype building for what the FFA think we want to see.
when they dont attck in a free flowing manner ange can then boot a few saying "they were gibven free scope to attck and didnt"

i like the way this guys plays things on and off the pitch.

q-money
19-11-2013, 04:54 PM
you coming tonight gav?

GazFish35
19-11-2013, 05:00 PM
no. works a ****.

i'm a free man on thurday at 11:00pm

Grimario
19-11-2013, 07:24 PM
As was widely suggested in papers, starting line up tonight...

Ryan, Franjic, Williams, Neill (c), Davidson, Milligan, Bresciano, Jedinak, Vidosic, Kruse, Leckie

plague
19-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Jedinak is still by far the worst player in our team.
Ryan already proving he's not even in the top 5 keepers in Oz by showing no command of his box or defensive cover.
Franjic proving why he should have been there years ago.

belchardo
19-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, quite surprised to see ryan picked over langerak

plague
19-11-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm fuming he got picked in the squad at all.
Disgrace.
Forza Biraz!!!

Grimario
19-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Regular first team football... the starting XI are all starting players for their clubs.

BodyNovo
19-11-2013, 09:07 PM
leckie is class would prefer him running off someone instead of leading the line by himself

franjic and davidson should book there flights to brazil (although davidson has been sketchy he is better than any other alternatives)

i think milligan and jedinak are basically the same player. need some one more creative i.e. james holland or rogic

Grimario
19-11-2013, 09:17 PM
He isn't leading the line though. It's an Ange system, almost entirely strikerless with 3 at the front rotating constantly, like he used at MV.

I think Milligan is far better on the ball, Jedinak is far better as that midfield enforcer type. Agree though that they are too similar.

belchardo
19-11-2013, 09:27 PM
leckie is class

Needs to work on his finishing. Hate to say it but thompson would have buried it. Some leniency given due to the fact I'm amazed he could run after that clash.

Ange, want to see 7 subs this half. With all getting at least 20 minutes.

Grimario
19-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Most he can make is 6, apparently.

Pico
19-11-2013, 09:34 PM
would like to see jedinak off, Bresch back with milligan and rogic into the centre

belchardo
19-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Most he can make is 6, apparently.

Heard that too. What's going on with that?

goaliepersempre
19-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Langerak should be our first keeper...

Pico
19-11-2013, 09:47 PM
note to jets, that's how you do a black and white kit with gold number.

belchardo
19-11-2013, 09:51 PM
note to jets, that's how you do a black and white kit with gold number.

We should be more like the juve

Grimario
19-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!