PDA

View Full Version : 2012 All Age and other general fat bastards thread

boz-monaut
23-06-2012, 09:30 AM
how'd everyone go during the break?

my team is second on goal difference with a game in hand - highlight's include putting 4 past Bullfrog Gareth's team on Wednesday night - hoping to do the same in today's rematch

hawk
23-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Bullfrog :eek:

enjoy the 10am game v city

Thomas477
23-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Leading the comp by 2 points, which is a nice change. However, we still haven't played the mob in 2nd as both of games have been called off. Playing the mob coming 3rd today, should be interesting, given we beat them 4-2 last time after having a man sent off.

Highlights included keeping a clean sheet for the first time in living memory...

plague
23-06-2012, 02:42 PM
fourth on GD but a catch up game out of 2nd. 10 team comp, 8 of which are really good teams. Even team coming 1st has only won 5/8 games.
Some really good teams are going to miss the semis this year.

boz-monaut
24-06-2012, 10:31 AM
another victory over Bullfrog's team - disgusted to have the big fella barge through and score through the sun glare

RedMexican
24-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Southy all age O
we were undefeated until we got done by lake macquarie 2-1 and 1-1 with edgey yesterday with 5 red cards.
3 from us and 2 from them

WolfMan
24-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a fiery affair RedMexican! Or was it a card-happy Ref??

RedMexican
24-06-2012, 06:47 PM
yeah it was a very fiery affair, although there keeper should have been sent, he ran from goals to the fight which was on half way.

evolution
24-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Lakes AA/O keep marching on with a big 7-0 win over Maitland. In all honesty we should have hit double figures. Our goalkeeper touched the ball probably twice the whole game.

Looking forward to the double-header against Dudley this weekend!

la bazzle
24-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Azzurri J just doin our thang 3-1 vs lake mac. Sitting 3rd 2 pts behind 1st and 2nd. Scorps in fine form

Jeterpool
27-06-2012, 12:18 PM
All Age L Grade is a really tight comp this year. Any team can win on the day. While we (Cooks Hill) are out in front, it's tight for the remaining 3 finals spots which is great to see.

plague
12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Played out at Lake Macquarie in a catch up game last night.
Very jealous of their ground. Made for good football.

evolution
12-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Played out at Lake Macquarie in a catch up game last night.
Very jealous of their ground. Made for good football.

Yeah they have done a good job of it.

Lakes AA/O hit their first hurdle of the season in the double header against Dudley. Lost the game on the Saturday 3-0 (our one and only loss for the year) and were 10 minutes from a second loss on the bounce, until 2 quick goals evened it up. Should have probably won it at the end.

Playing winless Edgeworth on Saturday and top-of-the-table Azzurri on Sunday.

Jeterpool
22-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Cookers AA/L another tight win over Jesmond in cold, windy conditions. 1-0. Expect to see Jesmond in the final series.

BodyNovo
28-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Southy a/a o

After our complete embarrassment last weekend against Maitland we smacked 4 past azzuri (who are in first position) in a 4-1 win

Dudley tomorrow to take 2nd place back.

boz-monaut
28-07-2012, 05:45 PM
a win for Cooks Hill F over Dudley today 2-1

I mean, the ridiculous attitude of some of these blokes in All Age F grade - just utter cocks

Dudley-Redhead seem to have the same character the whole club through, as do certain other clubs

BP Super Dynamos
28-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I've played Dudley-Redhead in A/A D and they weren't a bad bunch of young blokes. On a side note, Weston Swifts went down 3-2 to Lambton today. Not a bad result for 8 men against the competition leader

evolution
29-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Southy a/a o

After our complete embarrassment last weekend against Maitland we smacked 4 past azzuri (who are in first position) in a 4-1 win

Dudley tomorrow to take 2nd place back.

Quite the turnaround! We (Lakes) are yet to play Azzuri, so have no idea if they are as good as the ladder implies. I am very much looking forward to our rematch next game.

We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them. This made up for a disappointing draw against South Wallsend last weekend (which by the way featured the worst refereeing I have seen in almost 20 years playing the game).

Jeterpool
29-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Cooks Hill A/A L for the second Tim this season came from 1-0 down against Belmont to win 2-1. Very close to securing the minor premiership now

RedMexican
29-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Quite the turnaround! We (Lakes) are yet to play Azzuri, so have no idea if they are as good as the ladder implies. I am very much looking forward to our rematch next game.

We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them. This made up for a disappointing draw against South Wallsend last weekend (which by the way featured the worst refereeing I have seen in almost 20 years playing the game).

azzuri are a quality side, we just played a faultless game.
did you guys play metford up there ?

evolution
29-07-2012, 03:53 PM
azzuri are a quality side, we just played a faultless game.
did you guys play metford up there ?

Nope, played at home. Beat them 5-0 up there earlier in the year.

hawk
29-07-2012, 06:06 PM
We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them.

I dont get any joy out of flogging last place. Let 'em string a few passes together ya heros.

Jeterpool
29-07-2012, 06:46 PM
With results over the weekend, Cooks Hill All Age L have wrapped up the minor premiership.

BodyNovo
30-07-2012, 11:11 AM
southy all age O

the brilliant result of saturday, completely drained away in a 2-1 loss

harder to take due to playing the game against 10 men for the last 20 minutes after the keeper ran 60 metres to get involved in a nothing scuffle and give one of our boys one straight to the face and was sent off accordingly.

dudley scored an absolute wonder goal in the last 2 minutes to win it. credit to them.

Hamma12
30-07-2012, 11:39 AM
South wallsend A/A H

Tough game at adamstown on saturday 2nd V 3rd on the ladder
finished 1-1 southy equalised from a set piece 15 minutes from fulltime
couldnt be prouded of the southy lads playing entire game with 11

Blackmac79
30-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Norwest AA11

3-3 draw with third placed Toongabbie.

Just thought i'd drop that in here.

plague
30-07-2012, 12:02 PM
On a side note, Weston Swifts went down 3-2 to Lambton today. Not a bad result for 8 men against the competition leader

This is probably because you blokes are by far the best team in that grade. A great effort in defense you looked comfortable all day.
One other thing, your number 15 was unreal. Borderline psychotic he was so fired up but never dirty and was first to shake hands and have a laugh after the game. He was great value (and a nice bloke, the 'psychotic' comment was in jest).
Get 11 blokes and you'll walk in this comp. good luck for the rest of your season.

BP Super Dynamos
31-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Cheers for the wrap plague, but I'm not convinced we'd "walk in this comp". Lambton, Mayfield and Argy are more than a match for us. And, we're yet to beat Lakes or Azzuri. Still plenty of twists and turns left before semi-final time. Tangles (No 15) treads a very fine line, but always has the best intentions. A good hard player, who's not afraid to speak his mind. I'm glad he's on my side and not the other. All the best to you guys as well

hawk
31-07-2012, 08:34 PM
South wallsend A/A H

Tough game at adamstown on saturday 2nd V 3rd on the ladder
finished 1-1 southy equalised from a set piece 15 minutes from fulltime
couldnt be prouded of the southy lads playing entire game with 11

with 11? that is normal

Bremsstrahlung
31-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Not for them...

WolfMan
04-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Tenambit v Cooks Hill
FT: 1-2

Good, hard game of football against the league-leaders (Cooks Hill). Pretty frustrating losing on almost the last kick of the game, but that's football.

Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting again in the finals. Cheers lads for a tough, fair match.

Thomas477
04-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Was out at Kurri Kurri today and was shocked to hear that the Hunter Valley Referees association did not appoint a single ref for a 16/C game. The Kurri Kurri coach ended up having to ref due to the club not having a club ref on hand. He hadn't reffed a single game before and credit to him, he did a good job.

Would love to hear why they didn't appoint any refs to this game, and if anyone knows why please tell.

Also, St Johns threw away another 2 points today to Generation City. Making us 0/2 since we won the league. I don't know about you guys, but I want to do me best each game and not take things easy and not care if we lose, even if we've won the league.

Grunta
04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Was out at Kurri Kurri today and was shocked to hear that the Hunter Valley Referees association did not appoint a single ref for a 16/C game. The Kurri Kurri coach ended up having to ref due to the club not having a club ref on hand. He hadn't reffed a single game before and credit to him, he did a good job.

Would love to hear why they didn't appoint any refs to this game, and if anyone knows why please tell.

Also, St Johns threw away another 2 points today to Generation City. Making us 0/2 since we won the league. I don't know about you guys, but I want to do me best each game and not take things easy and not care if we lose, even if we've won the league.

Simple story really, HV refs association lost so many refs last season they don,t have enough to go around. Think yourself lucky if any team between 14 & all age get any refs.

Most refs that didn't come back were contacted and asked why they wouldn't be back and by far the biggest reply was that they were sick of the abuse. Can't blame I wouldnt put up with the shite they have to out up with.

Thomas477
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Simple story really, HV refs association lost so many refs last season they don,t have enough to go around. Think yourself lucky if any team between 14 & all age get any refs.

Most refs that didn't come back were contacted and asked why they wouldn't be back and by far the biggest reply was that they were sick of the abuse. Can't blame I wouldnt put up with the shite they have to out up with.

Did they? I didn't realise they had lost a lot of refs. And I know they have a tough job etc (should have heard how much a Macquarie o/35 team abused a NPS ref), but if the abuse is so high, surely the association would come down hard on the clubs to ensure that the level of abuse is cut down across the board..

But that being said, it's fair enough reason. I wouldn't put up with it. Thanks Grunta.

Jeterpool
05-08-2012, 06:45 AM
AA/L - great game with Tenambit today. 1-1 for majority of game and only a late cookers goal split the teams. Credit to Tenambit - they have a tough schedule playing Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday.

RedMexican
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
southy all age o 1-0 over lake macquarie on the weekend.
credit to old mate who got down and done his push ups after being nuttyed.
big game against dudley this weekend.
which will decide how the top 3 will finish.. we also have a game in hand against metford.

evolution
05-08-2012, 06:43 PM
credit to old mate who got down and done his push ups after being nuttyed.

Haha that was quality!

Well done to you guys, that was only our second loss for the year. We have two games against Azzurri and one against Edgy to go, can mathematically finish as high as 2nd, but I think 4th is where we'll stay.

RedMexican
06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Haha that was quality!

Well done to you guys, that was only our second loss for the year. We have two games against Azzurri and one against Edgy to go, can mathematically finish as high as 2nd, but I think 4th is where we'll stay.

It really was, definately made the game. It will be interesting to see who finishs 5th

evolution
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
It really was, definately made the game. It will be interesting to see who finishs 5th

Yeah, I was surprised that Edgy beat South Wallsend. It was good for us though, as it means we are guaranteed a spot in the semis baring a minor miracle from Edgy seeing as we are ahead of them by 20 goals on goal difference.

RedMexican
06-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that Edgy beat South Wallsend. It was good for us though, as it means we are guaranteed a spot in the semis baring a minor miracle from Edgy seeing as we are ahead of them by 20 goals on goal difference.

edgy will win by 30

Hamma12
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Anyone know when the semi finals venue lists get released ?
Boz ????

boz-monaut
07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I can confirm they were released yesterday, along with the times

the most interesting fixtures to note are that the grand finals for AA/F and AA/J are to be played at the same ground at the same time (different fields)

Saturday 8 September 12:30pm - Gregory Park - West Wallsend

Hamma12
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I can confirm they were released yesterday, along with the times

the most interesting fixtures to note are that the grand finals for AA/F and AA/J are to be played at the same ground at the same time (different fields)

Saturday 8 September 12:30pm - Gregory Park - West Wallsend

Where can i find this info?
its not on the newcastle football site.

boz-monaut
07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
it was sent to club email accounts

Retro Jet
12-08-2012, 10:15 AM
1233 Challenge Cup 2012
New Lambton Starlings v Cooks Hill Purple Dragons
Novocastrian Park

POSTPONED

la bazzle
12-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Largs should be stripped of a team. Slight shower out that way and its the only ground to get canceled

evolution
12-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Lake Macquarie AA/O had a good win over Azzurri yesterday, finishing 5-3 but that in no way reflected how we dominated the game. Were up 5-1 with a couple of minutes left when some brain-snaps cost 2 soft goals. No pressure now as we can't miss the semi's, anything we get from the next two games is just a bonus.

RedMexican
12-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Lake Macquarie AA/O had a good win over Azzurri yesterday, finishing 5-3 but that in no way reflected how we dominated the game. Were up 5-1 with a couple of minutes left when some brain-snaps cost 2 soft goals. No pressure now as we can't miss the semi's, anything we get from the next two games is just a bonus.

well done lads

evolution
12-08-2012, 05:15 PM
well done lads

I heard that Dudley forfeited against you guys before the game was called off, so the forfeit remains. Is that right? Hilarious if so!

hawk
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
1233 Challenge Cup 2012
New Lambton Starlings v Cooks Hill Purple Dragons
Novocastrian Park

POSTPONED

I remember playing for a cup with Cookers vs NAWA.

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2012, 07:41 PM
speaking of, who is NAWA? And what's their story?

I saw their strip and wondered who they were, couldn't figure out what their name was due to poor quality logos on sporting pulse

hawk
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
speaking of, who is NAWA? And what's their story?

I saw their strip and wondered who they were, couldn't figure out what their name was due to poor quality logos on sporting pulse

Ahh, I know some of this. Newcastle And Wallsend Association, played out of federal pk. Started out with their own ground between maryland wallsend, cant quite pinpoint it. Had A few chilaen players amongst others. Had an Id's team for a while.

boz-monaut
12-08-2012, 08:08 PM
retrojet can give you more background on NAWA

basically Cooks Hill United formed from NAWA players many, many moons ago

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys. Was just curious whether it was something like Hunter Simba, or just a bunch of guys who wanted to start their own club for some reason.

sammydog
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
retrojet can give you more background on NAWA

basically Cooks Hill United formed from NAWA players many, many moons ago

Didn't they have a team in ID's in the 90's? I know we played them in All Age back then.

boz-monaut
12-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Retrojet can certainly bore you with far more detail on NAWA than you're interested in

and yes Cooks Hill United were just a bunch of NAWA guys who wanted to start their own club for some reason, namely being sick of going to Wallsend

Retro Jet
13-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Heard my name was mentioned.....

I first joined NAWA - N'cle AND Wallsend Amatuur (Sports) in 1994 when they had ID3 teams.
Quite a few of us were seconded from the Rowdies for that initial ID year.
Glenn Murray (aka Haggis - RIP) was running the ID show and a Spanish bloke named Tom Pinella was the President.
I was roped into being Secretary that year....had NO idea what I was in for accepting that. No regrets though
Been doing Exec on committies ever since (NAWA then Cookers)
Btw, I played with Pastor399's dad back then. :wink:
The Red and Blue for NAWA comes from Barca's strip.
Yellow is the alternate strip clolour/trim, from the Spanish flag (Red/Yellow)
Yes sammydog, NAWA had AA teams along with the ID's.
From memory, Bobby Catlin's bro Jim was coaching the last NAWA ID entity in 1998.
They've had only AA teams and (then becoming) O35's from then on.

Cookers
It's true, few of the NAWA town clowns didn't want to drive out to Wallsend anymore, but that wasn't the only reason for leaving.
There was much frustration with the situation with Creek Rd or Bill Pott's Field, next to the Wallsend aerodrome there.
No paper work was ever forthcoming from Wallsend Colliery, no info from Council and no clear indication of the club's status or future on that ground.

A meeting/BBQ was held at 48 Hobart Rd, New Lambton in Dec 1997 (hence the establishment date....I wasn't there btw)
and Cooks Hill United was formed. The name Cooks Hill came later. Initally 'they' wanted to be called as a joke: Newcastle United and went out
and bought the B&W strips, with the then N'cle Brown Ale Star colour adding the 3rd colour Blue to the trim. Wait for this...
The Association said (quote) "No local teams are allowed to have the name Newcastle in their name, as it is reserved for State League or
National Leage Clubs only." The rule must have 'changed' for one club it seems...anyway.

National Pk No.4 was secured in 1998 as a venue only 1 week before Sth N'cle League's club were about to pounce on it we found out by accident a few years later.
Cooks Hill Utd was decided on as the name. The infamous Pucko, who left NAWA to play with the new Cooks Hill is the only person we know to have played
with both clubs; the old Cookers (which his dad Richard Puxty formed...as well as KB Utd btw) and the new.
We started with 3 x AA teams back then. E, H & J. I was Asst Secretary to both NAWA and Cookers that transition year of 1998.

The Sth American players came from Pastor399's dad's connections I believe.
Years later, they were playing socially down at Creek Rd for a while there but play in Carrington on a Sunday now.
A few of the faces I remember from NAWA play there; Camillo, Orlando......Pastor's dad inc. WP - What a legend!

That should bore a few of you.

plague
13-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Great stuff Retro.
And don't sell yourself short. In my years at Cookers I got to know you and saw probably about 5% of the work you (and others) put in and I was always amazed at why you bothered sometimes. Blokes who have a crack at the way teams/clubs are run need to walk a mile in Retro's shoes before unleashing.

Retro Jet
13-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Kind words plague. Thanks.
It's a labour of love. Sometimes thought I get credit where it's not due.
Boz and our President have done an amazing amount of work the last two years.
It's truely a team effort running a club as well.

I remember playing for a cup with Cookers vs NAWA.

This yearly challenge is for the Haggis Trophy. It weights about 8kg's lol
Played in memory of Glenn Murray for his association with coaching at both Clubs and
celebrates the link between us.
He coached our inaugural ID3's in 2000. We had 22 players registered for 2 grades :blush:
Tough times but as you can see, the start of the ID journey was worth it.

And that reminds me, we still need to organise this game for 2012.
Cooks Hill ?? v NAWA O35C's
Some years it's a pre season game, some years post.

pv4
13-08-2012, 01:52 PM
when reading NAWA i can't help but ignore the first A & think of this

http://i46.tinypic.com/drecys.jpg

RedMexican
13-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I heard that Dudley forfeited against you guys before the game was called off, so the forfeit remains. Is that right? Hilarious if so!

not to sure tbh. we were told the night before but i thought that the boys were havin a laugh lol

hawk
13-08-2012, 08:09 PM
This yearly challenge is for the Haggis Trophy. It weights about 8kg's lol
Played in memory of Glenn Murray for his association with coaching at both Clubs and
celebrates the link between us.
And that reminds me, we still need to organise this game for 2012.
Cooks Hill ?? v NAWA O35C's
Some years it's a pre season game, some years post.

Played with both pasters in the same team (go seahorses!).

Cookers should put a 35's team together for the beer day, erm, cup day.

boz-monaut
13-08-2012, 08:17 PM
actually that's a pretty damn god idea hawk - an All Age All Star All Over 35s team for the Haggis Cup

which is pretty much just going to be my team as we're all too old for this shit

hey hawk, you want to be in goals?

hawk
13-08-2012, 08:28 PM
actually that's a pretty damn god idea hawk - an All Age All Star All Over 35s team for the Haggis Cup

which is pretty much just going to be my team as we're all too old for this shit

hey hawk, you want to be in goals?

ok, only spot i havent played.

Retro Jet
13-08-2012, 09:11 PM
That's it lads.
I'm onto NAWA to nail down a definite date.

front2
14-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Played with both pasters in the same team (go seahorses!).

Cookers should put a 35's team together for the beer day, erm, cup day.

Maybe not mentioned here. There were 3 Pastors in the same AA team for one season. We even had to drink KB Lager at Willies end of season Bbq at the Pastor Mansion in Marylands :) . Nice backyard mini pitch complete with goals and lines. Dont forget the 'splinter' team Retro, who came from Adamstown AA to field one of the first AA sides for NAWA.

Retro Jet
14-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Maybe not mentioned here. There were 3 Pastors in the same AA team for one season. We even had to drink KB Lager at Willies end of season Bbq at the Pastor Mansion in Marylands :) . Nice backyard mini pitch complete with goals and lines. Dont forget the 'splinter' team Retro, who came from Adamstown AA to field one of the first AA sides for NAWA.

The Adamstown Splinter Team. Yes, I remember. They're all coming out of the WOODS now, aren't they :wink:
And Cookers provided you with shirts that actually fitted lol.
Have a Cold Gold (http://spakatak.com/beer/images/beer/841.jpg)....
God I miss the Cookers tippin' comp days

hawk
19-08-2012, 09:59 PM
What happened to cookers F's?

boz-monaut
19-08-2012, 10:02 PM
lost to Cardiff City on Saturday, gifting them the minor premiership

we'll meet them next weekend in the major semi

hawk
19-08-2012, 11:21 PM
lost to Cardiff City on Saturday, gifting them the minor premiership

we'll meet them next weekend in the major semi
10am kick, bacon'n'egg burger & corfee after the game.

Swanky
20-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Is there anywhere where you can find where junior and all age semi finals, finals and grand finals will be
Normally you can find them on newcastle football website but can't see it anywhere

boz-monaut
20-08-2012, 12:59 PM
an email came around about it a while back to club email addresses, your club should have told you

what division/grade are you after? I could find out for you

Beast
20-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Think there's a link on Vaol's website to all finals games.

plague
20-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Finals info is on the Sporting pulse site.
It's in the fixtures section, there's an option for 'finals'.
It's all there.

la bazzle
22-08-2012, 06:05 PM
So how'd everyone finish? Azzurri Minor prems of J. Playing south Cardiff in semi this sat.

boz-monaut
22-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping Azzurri win the grand final of the J League, because it'll be on the field right next to Cooks Hill in the F Grade grand final - there will be epic scenes

plus it's out at West Wallsend and we'll probably need to fight our way back to civilisation

Thomas477
22-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I play in the Church comp for St. Johns Anglican and we were minor premiers of 5th Division with 9-2-2.

Had our major semi last weekend and lost 1 nil to Macquarie Life. Was blowing an absolute ****ing gale straight across the pitch. We had our best player (believed to have played QLD state league) sent of in the 2nd half at 0 all for saying "****" as a shot went over the bar.

Got to say, some of the HCCF refs make the Interdistrict refs look brilliant.

la bazzle
22-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm hoping Azzurri win the grand final of the J League, because it'll be on the field right next to Cooks Hill in the F Grade grand final - there will be epic scenes

plus it's out at West Wallsend and we'll probably need to fight our way back to civilisation

Well that's just brilliant. Added motivation for joint celebration and Tom foolery

Hamma12
22-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Tom foolery

Are you SD in disguise ?

la bazzle
22-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Secrets out

WolfMan
23-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Tenambit L Grade finished 3rd after an enforced forfeit in the final round (wedding at South West Rocks that 8 of us attended).
Could have finished 2nd if we had played and won that match, but nevermind.
Looking forward to the Minor Semi in a few days :-D

Jeterpool
23-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Tenambit L Grade finished 3rd after an enforced forfeit in the final round (wedding at South West Rocks that 8 of us attended).
Could have finished 2nd if we had played and won that match, but nevermind.
Looking forward to the Minor Semi in a few days :-D

Geez that's no good. Good luck against South Cardiff! We will be playing Belmont on the field next door.

Cooks Hill managed to get the Minor Premiership in L Grade.

boz-monaut
23-08-2012, 07:39 AM
did you guys use the away kit on Sunday?

Jeterpool
23-08-2012, 09:23 AM
did you guys use the away kit on Sunday?

No. It was the team before us.

plague
23-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Somehow topped D grade without needing to play our last catchup game.
Considering we got smashed first 2 games it was quite the comeback.
Weirder still that the 2 best teams we played didn't even make the semis.
Will still lose in straight sets though.
Watch this space to see me change my mind on the whole 'premiership is more important than grand final debate'.

hawk
23-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Has cookers f grade forfeited major semi? says it on SP and its always correct:whistling:

boz-monaut
23-08-2012, 11:33 AM
weird

fixed now

is this more Cardiff shenanigans?

WolfMan
23-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Cooks Hill managed to get the Minor Premiership in L Grade.

Had that wrapped up about halfway through just about LOL. Best of luck for the Semis

Jardelsimage
25-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Has cookers f grade forfeited major semi? says it on SP and its always correct:whistling:
Cardiff City 3 cookers 0

hawk
25-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Cardiff City 3 cookers 0

prophecy? The 3-0 score some cunny put up on SP fri nite came true on sat. can they do lotto numbers too?

BodyNovo
25-08-2012, 08:53 PM
talk about a crazy run of events today

playing at novocastrian park

during a thrilling encounter between southy and lake macquarie. A car went up in smoke next to our ground which forced our game to be moved on to the other side of the field for extra time.

the game finished 3-2 to southy at the end of AET. the game was based on 2 very dubious penalty decisions at best.

credit to lakes for putting the pump on us in the 2nd half and getting it back from 2-0 to 2-2. i was almost content to the fact we were going out.

the lakes boys are good guys and i actually think that this game should have been the major semi no the minor.

azzurri next week regardless.

zigga zagga

boz-monaut
26-08-2012, 08:54 AM
so it turns out that the preliminary finals of F and J grade are to be played side by side at Tredinnick Oval on Saturday at 12:30

Hamma12
26-08-2012, 09:34 PM

during a thrilling encounter between southy and lake macquarie. A car went up in smoke next to our ground which forced our game to be moved on to the other side of the field for extra time.

the game finished 3-2 to southy at the end of AET.

credit to lakes for putting the pump on us in the 2nd half and getting it back from 2-0 to 2-2. i was almost content to the fact we were going out.

the lakes boys are good guys and i actually think that this game should have been the major semi no the minor.

zigga zagga

BodyNovo
27-08-2012, 08:13 AM
the team has actually become famous overnight;

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/driver-flees-burning-vehicle/2654953.aspx

Herald

A DRIVER was forced to abandon his burning car on a suburban street beside a popular sporting oval.

The man, aged in his 20s, was lucky to emerge shaken but unharmed after his utility burst into flames next to Novocastrian Park at New Lambton on Saturday.
The driver stopped the white Mazda dual-cab while heading north on Birdwood Street about 3.30pm after smoke billowing from beneath his dashboard.

“It was crazy … I’ve never seen anything like it,” he said.

A passer-by told him to turn off the motor and seek safety on the other side of the road.

Within seconds, the cab was filled with flames, which quickly enveloped the rest of the vehicle.

The fire spread from the ute to an adjacent white Nissan sedan, the female owner of which was watching a game of soccer at Novocastrian Park.

Dozens of soccer fans and residents gathered to watch the drama unfold, many taking photos and footage with mobile phones.

Loud bangs echoed across the suburbs as the ute’s windows exploded and tyres ruptured.

A Fire and Rescue NSW crew arrived soon after to extinguish the vehicles.

As thick black smoke swept across the park and over nearby houses, soccer officials called a halt to the all-age match between South Cardiff and Lake Macquarie.

The fixture resumed on an adjoining ground, with South Cardiff winning the “O” division semifinal 3-2 thanks to a penalty in extra time.

Blackmac79
27-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Have the weekend off this coming week after winning our major semi-final 5-3 against the guys that came first on the ladder.

We will probably end up playing them 3 times in a row (we played them in the final round of the season (5-2 defeat)).

We were two goals down within 10minutes and came back with 5 unanswered goals before they scored a late third.

Grandfinal in two weeks. Keen.

pv4
27-08-2012, 08:27 AM
the team has actually become famous overnight;

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/driver-flees-burning-vehicle/2654953.aspx

more herald exposure than most of the newfm league :lulz:

evolution
27-08-2012, 08:47 AM

the game finished 3-2 to southy at the end of AET. the game was based on 2 very dubious penalty decisions at best.

zigga zagga

Still can't believe that last penalty was given. The one we got given also wasn't a penalty, but at least we missed ours!

Was a tight game that neither team deserved to lose... thought we were done and dusted once we went down 2-0. In fact I thought we could have won it in normal time at the end there.

Once again all the best boys, hopefully you guys can get the job done against Azzurri next weekend!

hawk
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
left a onesided ZPL semi then stumbled upon an entertaining AA/O final between cardiff S & Hamo Azzz. Plenty of sideline support for the reds which saw xtra time and pens go to Hamo. loudy found some good banter with dudley who appeared from nowhere.

Thomas477
01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
left a onesided ZPL semi then stumbled upon an entertaining AA/O final between cardiff S & Hamo Azzz. Plenty of sideline support for the reds which saw xtra time and pens go to Hamo. loudy found some good banter with dudley who appeared from nowhere.

Dudley played Jesmond across the drain at Harry Edwards 2.

You missed the best bit, the ref allowed the Gunners' keeper to play the first half in a jersey the same shade of blue as Azzuri outfield players. Many lulz were had. Was good to see Cardiff brought some supporters that weren't too over the top. Also, good to hear Azurri got up, they were the better looking side from what I saw.

Thomas477
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
[mod snip]

Only saw the first half and a bit, but I didn't see much going on out there that wouldnt be expect in a/a o. And nor will I be dragged into bad mouthing players or clubs, Furns has been cracking down on that since the Olympic-Magic incident.

RedMexican
01-09-2012, 11:26 PM
yeah, nah i understand what your saying, we just have a hate hate relationship with them lol.

Thomas477
02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
yeah, nah i understand what your saying, we just have a hate hate relationship with them lol.

Lol, fair enough mate.

hawk
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
:popcorn:

furns
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
so many different ways that post could have been made ffs

RedMexican has received an infraction.

hawk
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
A kick up the backside to the LMc And Newc associations for putting all AA grandfinals in remote areas. finnan oval awaba is all but coastie, mallabula,yulong is china.

And why persist with Sunday gf's!

plague
06-09-2012, 09:34 AM
To be fair though Mallabula (if it's the complex I'm thinking of) is one of the best grounds you'll play on.

pv4
06-09-2012, 09:55 AM
finnan oval awaba is all but coastie,

wat

hawk
06-09-2012, 10:59 AM
wat

To be fair though Mallabula (if it's the complex I'm thinking of) is one of the best grounds you'll play on.

Not knocking the clubs or ground conditions just a temporary outrage cause i cant get to a venue within 5 mins. :)

Goodluck to all teams. Remember, there's no such thing as an easy major prem.

Youaskedforit
07-09-2012, 08:14 AM
A kick up the backside to the LMc And Newc associations for putting all AA grandfinals in remote areas. finnan oval awaba is all but coastie, mallabula,yulong is china.

And why persist with Sunday gf's!

Finnan Oval a remote area ? Coasties ? WTF

For your information, Finnan Oval would have the best surface in the area ( and it is in the area ) at the moment, thanks to alot of voluntary labour, and no games on it this year because of new clubhouse being built.

As for the new clubhouse, was there wednesday night, it is something to see, with changerooms you could play indoor soccer in, it is now a great setup, hence why the juniors are looking at entering ID3 next year.

Big day tomorrow with Under 14a GF, and three Toronto Awaba teams following , All Age ( Shags ), U15A and our U16 all in GF 12.15, 2.15, 4.15 should be a good day, three wins would be nice.

Toronto Junior Committee need a medal, having to play all their kids at alternate venues for the season with minimal fuss, rewarding them grand finals is a token of a job well done from the associations.

sanchez
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Mighty sky blues at West Wallsend tomorrow. All is in order to take out the J-league minor/major premiership.

If you're not a f*cking peanut, hope to see you there.

hawk
07-09-2012, 11:00 PM
For your information, Finnan Oval would have the best surface in the area ( and it is in the area ) at the moment, thanks to alot of voluntary labour, and no games on it this year because of new clubhouse being built.
As for the new clubhouse, was there wednesday night, it is something to see, with changerooms you could play indoor soccer in, it is now a great setup, hence why the juniors are looking at entering ID3 next year.
Big day tomorrow with Under 14a GF, and three Toronto Awaba teams following , All Age ( Shags ), U15A and our U16 all in GF 12.15, 2.15, 4.15 should be a good day, three wins would be nice.
Toronto Junior Committee need a medal, having to play all their kids at alternate venues for the season with minimal fuss, rewarding them grand finals is a token of a job well done from the associations.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the gf's in your competitions down there.

sammydog
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Played on Finnan last night, pitch was great (bit hard underfoot, but with this weather I wouldn't expect anything else). Best pitch in the area may be stretch, but it is a lot better than the condition of a lot of pitches at the moment. Not wrong about the club house, best change rooms around.

Toronto really isn't that far to travel, the set up there was really good, the club officials running the night, top notch and friendly. No complaints from me, except for the wind.

Blackmac79
08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Final Today.

Fire Up.

WolfMan
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Best of luck to all involved in this weekend's proceedings!
No matter what the result, congratulations on a terrific season.

Jeterpool
09-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Cooks Hill L grade lost 1-0 in final

boz-monaut
09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
other grand final results

AA/B
Uni 3 defeated Cardiff JSC 1

AA/C
Dudley Redhead 3 defeated Plattsburg 2

AA/D
Lambton Jaffas 2 defeated Mayfield JSC 0

AA/E
Toronto Awaba 2 defeated Edgeworth 1

AA/F
Adamstown 1 (7) defeated Cardiff City 1 (6)

AA/G
Largs 5 defeated Greta Branxton 0

AA/J
South Cardiff 4 defeated Hamilton Azzurri 3

AA/K
Largs 4 defeated Greta Branxton 2

AA/L
Belmont 1 defeated Cooks Hill 0

AA/M
Bolwarra Lorn 1 defeated Maitland 0

AA/N
Cessnock City 2 defeated Valentine Eleebana 1

Hamma12
09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
other grand final results

AA/B
Uni 3 defeated Cardiff JSC 1

AA/C
Dudley Redhead 3 defeated Plattsburg 2

AA/D

AA/E
Toronto Awaba 2 defeated Edgeworth 1

AA/F
Adamstown 1 (7) defeated Cardiff City 1 (6)

AA/G
Largs 5 defeated Greta Branxton 0

AA/J
South Cardiff 4 defeated Hamilton Azzurri 3

AA/K
Largs 4 defeated Greta Branxton 2

AA/L
Belmont 1 defeated Cooks Hill 0

AA/M
Bolwarra Lorn 1 defeated Maitland 0

AA/N
Cessnock City 2 defeated Valentine Eleebana 1

AA/H
South Wallsend 2 defeated Garden Suburb 0

parksey
09-09-2012, 11:48 PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

plague
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
AA/D

This made me very very happy.

Youaskedforit
10-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Played on Finnan last night, pitch was great (bit hard underfoot, but with this weather I wouldn't expect anything else). Best pitch in the area may be stretch, but it is a lot better than the condition of a lot of pitches at the moment. Not wrong about the club house, best change rooms around.

Toronto really isn't that far to travel, the set up there was really good, the club officials running the night, top notch and friendly. No complaints from me, except for the wind.

Thanks mate, was involved in volunteering down there on the weekend, huge congrats go to the whole toronto awaba junior committee and helpers who worked their butts off from fri morn till sunday night, the macquarie heirarchy that was there was more then happy with how it all went.
Was hard to control the all age boys celebrating too much, when there was the all conquering U15a from awaba playing after them, bit of weird scheduling but we got through.