PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Jeterpool
09-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Don't forget Neymar putting the pass in for the winner.

Also:in the 73 games Suarez has scored for Barca, they have won 68 and drawn 5.

That, my friend JP, is a
stat
stat
stat
stat
you can be proud of.

:brrr: :lulzturtle:

And yes....that pass was sublime!

hawk
09-03-2017, 07:50 PM
I would even say it's probably the greatest game I've ever seen, even surpassing the 1999 final

Ay? that 99 final was a robbery from a 2nd best side. ppffft :rof:

goaliepersempre
09-03-2017, 08:28 PM
I didnt think it was the greatest game. Watching it from the begining we called it would be tight. As PSG from the begining sat back and defended no press... Emery got the Tactics completly wrong!!!!

Its hard to then change that attitude and then attack again... (ref was pretty shit, not consistent at all)

Crazy end to game and credit where credits due to Barca... But it isnt the greatest game in UCL history...

WolfMan
09-03-2017, 09:50 PM
I didnt think it was the greatest game. Watching it from the begining we called it would be tight. As PSG from the begining sat back and defended no press... Emery got the Tactics completly wrong!!!!

Its hard to then change that attitude and then attack again... (ref was pretty shit, not consistent at all)

Crazy end to game and credit where credits due to Barca... But it isnt the greatest game in UCL history...

I qualified my statement with "for me".

We will never agree on the greatest game across the board. You have yours, I have mine.

And purely from an excitement factor. The football wasn't brilliant at times, but the tension was palpable and the finish was incredible.

redwah
09-03-2017, 10:06 PM
I would even say it's probably the greatest game I've ever seen, even surpassing the 1999 final

You obviously didn't watch the 2005 final then. Now that was the best game I've seen....and the best comeback.

plague
09-03-2017, 10:46 PM
anyone who didnt say the '08 GF was the greatest game ever is a bum.
https://i0.wp.com/oztalgia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/HawkeAmericasCupTit.jpg?fit=800%2C450

baldrick
10-03-2017, 07:11 AM
You obviously didn't watch the 2005 final then.

Correct.

And also what Wolfy said.

Bremsstrahlung
10-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Reminded me of Liverpool vs Dortmund last year in the Europa semi final.

Jeterpool
10-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Reminded me of Liverpool vs Dortmund last year in the Europa semi final.

Another great match

StannyCFCJET
10-03-2017, 12:38 PM
The liverpool comeback is better IMO even if they got to the final off a ghost goal. But greatest UCL game for me was the 4-4 Chelsea-Liverpool game at the bridge in the 08/09 season. Lamps scoring a penalty days after his Mum died was incredible

Jeterpool
10-03-2017, 12:45 PM
The liverpool comeback is better IMO even if they got to the final off a ghost goal. But greatest UCL game for me was the 4-4 Chelsea-Liverpool game at the bridge in the 08/09 season. Lamps scoring a penalty days after his Mum died was incredible

I was in a hotel in Scotland during that game and remember watching it. It was a great match to watch as a spectacle. Certainly edge of the seat stuff.

StannyCFCJET
10-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I was in a hotel in Scotland during that game and remember watching it. It was a great match to watch as a spectacle. Certainly edge of the seat stuff.

I remember you scored two goals in the 81st and 83rd Mins and was leading on aggregate when Lamps scored his second

Jeterpool
10-03-2017, 10:25 PM
I I remember you scored two goals in the 81st and 83rd Mins and was leading on aggregate when Lamps scored his second

Wasn't me mate. As I said, I was in a hotel in Scotland :lulzturtle:

StannyCFCJET
11-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Wasn't me mate. As I said, I was in a hotel in Scotland :lulzturtle:

:lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle: you the real MVP Jeterpool

lquiquer
12-04-2017, 10:01 AM
0-3 Barca..... Another "Remontada" would make me feel better... :rof:

Jeterpool
12-04-2017, 10:08 AM
0-3 Barca..... Another "Remontada" would make me feel better... :rof:

Thought the same thing. Will they do it the hard way AGAIN?

Jeterpool
12-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Also, shocking news re: the bomb attack on Dortmund's bus.

StannyCFCJET
12-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Also, shocking news re: the bomb attack on Dortmund's bus.

Yeah just read about that Bartra has a fractured arm. Why target a football team?

Jeterpool
12-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Yeah just read about that Bartra has a fractured arm. Why target a football team?

Why target anyone? :(

StannyCFCJET
12-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Why target anyone? :(

i Agree but you never hear of sporting teams being attacked apart from the Togo team a few years back as far as I remember

MFKS
12-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Why target a football team?

Publicity wise I surprised these types don't do it more often

We live in the age of celebrity and what better way to get attention than to tie your message to a celebrity

skippy
12-04-2017, 11:54 AM
i Agree but you never hear of sporting teams being attacked apart from the Togo team a few years back as far as I remember

Munich olympic attack

De-Champ
12-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Munich olympic attack

The boston marathon

belchardo
12-04-2017, 02:07 PM
wasn't a cricket team attacked in india/Pakistan not that long ago.

MFKS
21-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Semi Final Draw

Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
Monaco v Juventus

Probably the most exciting combo available

MFKS
21-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Europa League semi draw

Ajax v Lyon

Celta Vigo v ManUre

Jeterpool
24-04-2017, 09:25 AM
I am hoping someone can answer this question - If Man Utd win the Europa League and come 4th, does the champions league spot get awarded to the 5th place team?

I've read the UEFA and Premier LEague websites and it doesn't make sense to me...maybe it's a Monday morning thing.

MFKS
24-04-2017, 10:46 AM
I am hoping someone can answer this question - If Man Utd win the Europa League and come 4th, does the champions league spot get awarded to the 5th place team?

I've read the UEFA and Premier LEague websites and it doesn't make sense to me...maybe it's a Monday morning thing.

Remember the year your lot won the UCL

It gave the Poms 5 teams in it

They just put 2 in the Qualifying Round

After that they made it a mandatory 4 and no one will get 5 again.

So if Man U come in with the Europa League and qualify high enough in the EPL it still be 4 English teams next year

BodyNovo
24-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Remember the year your lot won the UCL

It gave the Poms 5 teams in it

They just put 2 in the Qualifying Round

After that they made it a mandatory 4 and no one will get 5 again.

So if Man U come in with the Europa League and qualify high enough in the EPL it still be 4 English teams next year

Incorrect they change the rule when they brought in that the Europa league winner gets a spot.

the only way the 4th finishing team could miss out Is if a team outside the top 4 i.e. Leicester won it, but they are now knocked out so no problems there.

lquiquer
24-04-2017, 11:03 AM
If Man Utd win the Europa League .

Big IF without The Lion :brrr:

StannyCFCJET
24-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Incorrect they change the rule when they brought in that the Europa league winner gets a spot.

the only way the 4th finishing team could miss out Is if a team outside the top 4 i.e. Leicester won it, but they are now knocked out so no problems there.

Like Chelsea did to Spurs in 2012

plague
03-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Man, Ronaldo is just fascinating to watch at the moment.

plague
04-06-2017, 06:28 AM
decent game at the moment.

plague
04-06-2017, 07:15 AM

lemme just go on and repost this.

not sure if there has ever been a bigger 'superstar' who can be so 'anonymous' in games yet when you need that one thing to win a game he does it probably better than just about anyone in history.

just such a fascinating player.

baldrick
04-06-2017, 08:20 AM
decent game at the moment.

Enjoyed it very much. First half was pretty decent, both teams playing really well. Juve fell off in the second half.

And agree about Ronaldo.

belchardo
04-06-2017, 09:27 AM
yeah, completely absent for about 80% of the game, but comes into and scores two including a key pass for his first.

those two juve fans having ciggies :rof:

MFKS
04-06-2017, 11:03 AM
How good is Ramos??

Sign him up

Make him head of Mongrel

hawk
04-06-2017, 12:12 PM

lol, the shiny turd did fkall. Lucky there were 10 good men around him.

Macca
04-06-2017, 01:18 PM
First half was amazing. Juve all over them the first 10 minutes and could have had a couple. They never showed up in the second half.

As for Ronaldo, not a fan at all but at some point you have to admit that when he continues to pop up out of nowhere and score goals with such reliability, there's something there. Total wanker though.

Also wish Kroos, Modric, Isco and Marcelo played for a different team so I could like them more. Fantastic players.

plague
04-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Who got man of the match?

I thought Kroos and Modric were standouts.

Zidane did some proper coaching at halftime. Totally different game after the break.

(If it's at all possible) I kind of feel bad for Zidane as no matter what he does as a coach he'll never be as good as he was as a player.

Doesn't get the credit ATM.

Oh, and just realised James Rodriguez didn't even make the squad for the final.

That's fairly bonkers.

MFKS
04-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Who got man of the match?

I thought Kroos and Modric were standouts.

Zidane did some proper coaching at halftime. Totally different game after the break.

(If it's at all possible) I kind of feel bad for Zidane as no matter what he does as a coach he'll never be as good as he was as a player.

Doesn't get the credit ATM.

Oh, and just realised James Rodriguez didn't even make the squad for the final.

That's fairly bonkers.

Zidane 2 CL as a coach 1 as a player

At the rate he going he may be a better manager than as a player

Even if he does **** all from now as a manager he is gonna get another 10 years of pay days out of his playing career and CL wins as a Manager

plague
04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Zidane 2 CL as a coach 1 as a player

At the rate he going he may be a better manager than as a player

I see your point but you kind of left out single handedly winning a World Cup then dragging a bunch of festering carcasses to the final of another only to realise how terrible his team mates were when he went and had a little sit down in the naughty corner.

Bloke was the greatest player of his generation.
Prob gonna come across a bit more competition as a manager 'tis all I'm saying.

Macca
04-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Ronaldo got motm. Scored 2 goals I guess but meh.

I dunno about Zidane yet. People claiming he's one of the best managers in the world. He might be. But 18 months managing the best team in the world and winning stuff... pretty tough call to make. Wait 10 years and see where everyone is.

MFKS
04-06-2017, 04:25 PM
I see your point but you kind of left out single handedly winning a World Cup then dragging a bunch of festering carcasses to the final of another only to realise how terrible his team mates were when he went and had a little sit down in the naughty corner.

Bloke was the greatest player of his generation.
Prob gonna come across a bit more competition as a manager 'tis all I'm saying.

You look at that French side though

Djoukaeff Deschamps Viera Petit Lizarazu Blanc Lebouf Henry Barthez

The 98 French side were no mugs and home ground advantage helped

As for the 2006

Barthez Trezuguet Ribery Wilford Viera Thuram

Still no mugs as well

He was lucky he was about during a golden period for French football

Yeah he scored goals in the WC Final but I wouldn't say he won the French the game

The drugs they slipped Fat Ronny were what got them over the line

parksey
04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
As for Ronaldo, not a fan at all but at some point you have to admit that when he continues to pop up out of nowhere and score goals with such reliability, there's something there. Total wanker though.

Probably the biggest understatement of all time.

StannyCFCJET
04-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Ramos is a **** end off. How does a defender of his class continue to act like a bellend and dive

MFKS
04-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Ramos is a **** end off. How does a defender of his class continue to act like a bellend and dive

Defender of his class??

WTF you been watching??

The bloke is a dead set legend in the dark arts

Bloke should be appreciated for it

StannyCFCJET
04-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Defender of his class??

WTF you been watching??

The bloke is a dead set legend in the dark arts

Bloke should be appreciated for it

**** that only thing worse is how the hell the Refs fall for it. (and yes I realise this is rich coming from someone who loves Drogba, But I hated when he dived and I hate when anyone else dives.) If we had a player like that at the jets it would drive me nuts

MFKS
04-06-2017, 06:22 PM
**** that only thing worse is how the hell the Refs fall for it. (and yes I realise this is rich coming from someone who loves Drogba, But I hated when he dived and I hate when anyone else dives.) If we had a player like that at the jets it would drive me nuts

We did

We got rid of him and sold him to some European Club in Gosford

boz-monaut
04-06-2017, 06:32 PM
aparently there was a crowd stampede in Turin when some idiot let off a firework

http://www.espnfc.com/juventus/story/3138408/fans-evacuate-juventus-viewing-party-in-turin-amid-scare

what sort of an idiot lets off a large bang in a crowded area at a time of heighened terrorism fears?

belchardo
04-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Probably the biggest understatement of all time.

that's true, he's the biggest total ****ing wanker in the world.

MFKS
04-06-2017, 06:35 PM
aparently there was a crowd stampede in Turin when some idiot let off a firework

http://www.espnfc.com/juventus/story/3138408/fans-evacuate-juventus-viewing-party-in-turin-amid-scare

what sort of an idiot lets off a large bang in a crowded area at a time of heighened terrorism fears?

It football crowd

I don't think the ripping of pyro and associating it with government false flag ops is in the thinking of your average football hoolz

boz-monaut
04-06-2017, 06:38 PM
take it to Breitbart you nutcase

Retro Jet
05-06-2017, 12:47 AM
I've watched that Mario Mandzukic goal a dozen times. Even the missus went "Wow....."
It's those moments when you realise why we love this game.
I've been looking over a Jazz study book recently and it talks about the 99% of 'work' and the 1% of 'magic'.
That goal was the 1% through and through.

Jeterpool
05-06-2017, 06:48 AM
While watching the game, maybe 2 minutes before the goal, I thought to myself "Mandzukic has been quiet tonight"

pv4
05-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks to Mario Manjerkic for scoring 7 minutes too late and absolutely destroying the hopes & dreams of the nf.net KOTH Punterz Club :oops:

Agreed with Plague, I'm assuming he said this - when it comes to GOAT, Ronaldo doesn't tie Zidane's laces.

plague
05-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Old mate ran over and stomped him for no reason.

You expect him to just stand there and cop it?

Easy yellow card, and it's the Juve bozos fault he already had one.

Ramos did nothing to get him sent.

plague
05-06-2017, 10:16 AM
He was lucky he was about during a golden period for French football

You mean the same 'Golden generation' that not only failed to get out of the group stage but failed to score a goal in the process when Zidane was out injured.

With Zidane: World Cup win, World Cup final, Euro win, Confed cup win.

Without Zidane: Worst World Cup performance by a holder in history.

Zidane WAS the Golden Generation of French football.

plague
05-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Agreed with Plague, I'm assuming he said this - when it comes to GOAT, Ronaldo doesn't tie Zidane's laces.

I'm not big on the individual comparisons, because Zidane is the greatest footballer I've ever seen, and I'm happy to have people think the same about Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo.
But I've grown to appreciate Ronaldo the more he changes his game and adapts to his physical skills diminishing with age.

One other thing about Ronaldo, and Zidanes management of him. For years now the Messi/Ronaldo argument has been based around stats, especially goals. I think it's a much bigger deal than people realise to get Ronaldo to sit out an easy La Liga match where he can pad his stats to keep pace with Messi, instead sacrifice himself for the good of the team trying to chase Trophies.

Messi, by virtue of age, will finish with many more goals at every level than Ronaldo, but the trophy cabinets are now largely the same. It's probably closer now than ever about 'who's better' between those two*.

*and yes, whatever your answer is in this debate it's wrong because Iniesta was better than both of them.
cc:MFKS.

Macca
05-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Personally I couldn't give a toss about goals and trophies and stats. Watching Messi play puts a huge goofy grin on my face. His vision and fine control leave me awestruck. People can have their opinions and awards can go to whoever, that's all fine. Easy answer for my pick.

pv4
05-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Talk to me when Les Murray sings a song about Ronnie or any other fraud tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOLGifnMJk

MFKS
05-06-2017, 10:49 AM
I'm not big on the individual comparisons, because Zidane is the greatest footballer I've ever seen, and I'm happy to have people think the same about Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo.
But I've grown to appreciate Ronaldo the more he changes his game and adapts to his physical skills diminishing with age.

One other thing about Ronaldo, and Zidanes management of him. For years now the Messi/Ronaldo argument has been based around stats, especially goals. I think it's a much bigger deal than people realise to get Ronaldo to sit out an easy La Liga match where he can pad his stats to keep pace with Messi, instead sacrifice himself for the good of the team trying to chase Trophies.

Messi, by virtue of age, will finish with many more goals at every level than Ronaldo, but the trophy cabinets are now largely the same. It's probably closer now than ever about 'who's better' between those two*.

*and yes, whatever your answer is in this debate it's wrong because Iniesta was better than both of them.

5000 words of dribble to finally get to the important bit where Iniesta is better than both CR7 and Messi

Only problem for Iniesta is he still second to Griff but not Iniesta fault he can't surpas Griff

plague
05-06-2017, 11:24 AM
5000 words of dribble

Someone's gotta try and speak your language there boss.

StannyCFCJET
05-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Ronaldo has bossed multiple leagues and generally has good games for Portugal, Messi has only down well in a easy spanish league and Argentina

Wilso8948
05-06-2017, 02:07 PM
5000 words of dribble

How many years have you been part of this forum?

plague
05-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Ronaldo has bossed multiple leagues and generally has good games for Portugal, Messi has only down well in a easy spanish league and Argentina

Haha you honestly think y'all gonna drag me into me some Messi v Ronaldo hot take showdown?

Bhahahahaha.

Besides, we all know whoever has the most assists is the better player.

pv4
05-06-2017, 03:11 PM

A casual observation of the NBA and something similar is happening. People are comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordan, and one of the biggest critcisms (sp??) of Lebron is he gets rested far more than Jordan does, thus making Lebron's claim to GOAT invalid. I don't watch it enough to have an opinion on Lebron vs Jordan tbh, but thought it was relevant to what you've just said.

IMO it is also harder to compare guys of different generations, because of how much the players, game, etc evolve. Does it irk anyone else watching pre-90s stuff and seeing the all-too-common backpass, for eg? Kills me every time.

We should all just be really thankful to be in an age where we can watch such amazing talents from our pocket phones IMO.

StannyCFCJET
05-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Haha you honestly think y'all gonna drag me into me some Messi v Ronaldo hot take showdown?

Bhahahahaha.

Besides, we all know whoever has the most assists is the better player.

No showdown, I Honestly think Messi would get hacked to death in the Prem and Wouldn't last 2 seasons specially how the Refs let things go

plague
05-06-2017, 04:20 PM
I am always intrigued by how many people seem to spend way more time on the hypothetical argument rather than just appreciating what's going on in front of them.

NBA at the moment is a perfect example, all you hear about is Lebron v Jordan but the Warriors team is right there in front of us and it's majestic to watch.

pv4
05-06-2017, 04:26 PM
I am always intrigued by how many people seem to spend way more time on the hypothetical argument rather than just appreciating what's going on in front of them.

NBA at the moment is a perfect example, all you hear about is Lebron v Jordan but the Warriors team is right there in front of us and it's majestic to watch.

The true test of Lebron will be how he deals with the Monstars in Space Jam 2, and only then can we fully compare him to Jordan tbf.

plague
05-06-2017, 04:39 PM
The true test of Lebron will be how he deals with the Monstars in Space Jam 2, and only then can we fully compare him to Jordan tbf.

Script writers already recasting that role with Kevin Durant........

Macca
05-06-2017, 04:44 PM
No showdown, I Honestly think Messi would get hacked to death in the Prem and Wouldn't last 2 seasons specially how the Refs let things go

Ya boy Eden handles it alright.

Messi's only problem in the Prem would be there's no good teams for him to play in. Then again Barca aren't that special besides the forwards at the moment anyway and he still carries them alright.

MFKS
05-06-2017, 04:45 PM

**** off

You think this bloke hasn't been hacked before??

FMD

He a little midget

He obviously tough enough to handle a kicking and still deliver the goods

Bloke would kill it in the EPL

La Liga is weak??

No it isn't buddy

pv4
05-06-2017, 05:54 PM
How about this one.. Madrid for the medal & trophy ceremoy post-game chucked white home jerseys on. What is this nonsense when a team can't celebrate in the jersey they won in ffs.

MFKS
05-06-2017, 06:06 PM
How about this one.. Madrid for the medal & trophy ceremoy post-game chucked white home jerseys on. What is this nonsense when a team can't celebrate in the jersey they won in ffs.

White shirt is their traditional shirt

Why can't they celebrate in their colours ??

They only wore the purple as it clashed with Juventus

WolfMan
05-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Script writers already recasting that role with Kevin Durant........

Have you seen LeBron act? It's wonderful

Bremsstrahlung
05-06-2017, 07:22 PM
5000 words of dribble

Congratulations on the milestone Member, can't wait for the next 5000.

parksey
05-06-2017, 10:58 PM
i think a lot of people need to just get over the whole messi v ronaldo debate. who cares? just enjoy watching two of the best players who have ever played the game.

i don't mind if someone says they like messi more, it's just annoying when someone's like "oh i don't really rate ronaldo but credit to him for x, y, z". like seriously?

imo messi tops him as a pure "footballer" but ronaldo is still easily the second best in the world. seems like a lot of people have forgotten how electric he was with the ball in his younger days too.

goaliepersempre
03-08-2017, 06:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **** YOU REDBULL.......

Redbull Salzburg 10 years you have tried and 10 Years you have Failed...

ALLE BULLEN SIND SCHWEINE!!!!!!

plague
03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Evra sent off before the match starts.
Somehow Luis Suarez will be banned for 6 months.

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/6upZGqsrT99IhNlmBosPXg--~D/cm90YXRlPWF1dG87dz05NjA7YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVv/https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/mqx5yK.yxOkYOqNHGPK6MA--~D/cm90YXRlPWF1dG87dz0xMjAwO2FwcGlkPXl2aWRlbw--/https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/171103/59fb863a54a3f_patrice_evra_kicks_fan_in_head_59fb8 6156e53e.jpg

lquiquer
03-11-2017, 10:05 AM

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/6upZGqsrT99IhNlmBosPXg--~D/cm90YXRlPWF1dG87dz05NjA7YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVv/https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/mqx5yK.yxOkYOqNHGPK6MA--~D/cm90YXRlPWF1dG87dz0xMjAwO2FwcGlkPXl2aWRlbw--/https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/171103/59fb863a54a3f_patrice_evra_kicks_fan_in_head_59fb8 6156e53e.jpg

Good ..... He's lost the plot on social media for the last 3 months anyway, so it was bound to happen ....and i'll never forgive him for the part he played (as the captain) in South Africa in 2010.........he can just F*&k off

StannyCFCJET
03-11-2017, 12:03 PM

What happened?

Bon
03-11-2017, 12:12 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/11/03/evra-sent-kick-after-kicking-fan

tl;dr Apparently their own fans came down to have words while they were warming up, and Evra has tried to kick old-mate in the scone..

StannyCFCJET
21-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Great game so far. Willian is a gun

Jeterpool
08-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Spurs got suckered in by Juve at the start of the second half. Juve just kept cynically fouling Spurs, disrupted the play and then bang-bang. 2-1 Juve

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Spurs got suckered in by Juve at the start of the second half. Juve just kept cynically fouling Spurs, disrupted the play and then bang-bang. 2-1 Juve

Yea frustrating for us, got done by a very experienced side.
Spurs the better side of the 2 legs, but that's totally irrelevant.

Jeterpool
08-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Yea frustrating for us, got done by a very experienced side.
Spurs the better side of the 2 legs, but that's totally irrelevant.

Absolutely agree. I was cheering Spurs on because I wanted them to progress. Irrespective of the offside because it was missed by the official, but how didn't that Harry Kane header at the end go in!?

Happiest fans from all of this are likely to be those who support Napoli (and Juve of course).

De-Champ
08-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Absolutely agree. I was cheering Spurs on because I wanted them to progress. Irrespective of the offside because it was missed by the official, but how didn't that Harry Kane header at the end go in!?

Happiest fans from all of this are likely to be those who support Napoli (and Juve of course).

Replay shows not offside. However two penalties missed by officials, one for each side.

Jeterpool
08-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Replay shows not offside. However two penalties missed by officials, one for each side.

Ah wasn't it. I was watching out of the corner of my eye and hearing the commentators debate it. Wasn't sure where it landed - onside or off. Cheers

StannyCFCJET
08-03-2018, 06:49 PM
I reckon liverpool are the most wanted/non wanted side to face for the next stages

Frodo
09-03-2018, 01:11 PM
I reckon liverpool are the most wanted/non wanted side to face for the next stages

Nice sentence there Stanny. Makes absolutely no sense.

In better news Arsenal just won the Champions League final this morning in Italy, so everyone can suck it. Wenger is GOAT!

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Nice sentence there Stanny. Makes absolutely no sense.

In better news Arsenal just won the Champions League final this morning in Italy, so everyone can suck it. Wenger is GOAT!

Makes perfect sense. You know your gonna score at least two against liverpool with a good attack but you will also most likely concede 3

plague
09-03-2018, 02:41 PM

oh i can certianly see how someone would come to this conclusion over the team flogging them in the League, or the team that has won the last 2 Cups, or the team with the greatest player on the planet who've lost one game this year.

yeah for sure be worried about the team that cant even decide which awful keeper to pick and which awful keeper bench each week.

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 02:55 PM
oh i can certianly see how someone would come to this conclusion over the team flogging them in the League, or the team that has won the last 2 Cups, or the team with the greatest player on the planet who've lost one game this year.

yeah for sure be worried about the team that cant even decide which awful keeper to pick and which awful keeper bench each week.

Have you seen their front 3. No one in world football has a defence to stop them atm

Frodo
09-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Have you seen their front 3. No one in world football has a defence to stop them atm

Swansea managed it in January this year. That's Swansea City!

Yes they are formidable, but every team still in the comp are a different level to who they've faced.

I don't see Bayern being too scared by them... They will just be missing playing Arsenal this time of year.

Macca
09-03-2018, 03:11 PM
How bout West Brom or Swansea?

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Swansea managed it in January this year. That's Swansea City!

Yes they are formidable, but every team still in the comp are a different level to who they've faced.

I don't see Bayern being too scared by them... They will just be missing playing Arsenal this time of year.

Big teams in the UCL Bayern Real Barca atc wont sit back against them which suits liverpool

Frodo
09-03-2018, 03:45 PM
How bout West Brom or Swansea?

Forgot about West Brom. They are definitely smarter than Barca or Bayern.

plague
09-03-2018, 05:10 PM

Messi + Suarez + anyone > those Liverpool blokes.

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Messi + Suarez + anyone > those Liverpool blokes.

Not on current form.

plague
09-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Not on current form.

current as in Barcas 1 loss season or current in the last 48 hours or so?

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 06:48 PM
current as in Barcas 1 loss season or current in the last 48 hours or so?
Im talking attackers not whole team

Bremsstrahlung
09-03-2018, 07:06 PM
If you sit back against Liverpool and wait for us to screw up, you’ll leave with a result.
Take the game to us and attack, commit players forward, we will make you pay.

plague
09-03-2018, 07:51 PM
man oh man Liverpool stans on here acting like they played someone other than the stinking hot Porto team they played one good leg against.

Bremsstrahlung
09-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Just saying we can match it against some of the top teams.
We play better when teams try to attack us.
Sit back and we will lose every time.

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2018, 09:49 PM
man oh man Liverpool stans on here acting like they played someone other than the stinking hot Porto team they played one good leg against.

They beat city in the league

plague
09-03-2018, 09:54 PM
They beat city in the league

and City beat them in the league.
and lost back to back against West Brom and Swansea.

so yeah.

Frodo
11-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Sorry to any Pool fans sick of hearing about this. But just thought I'd make note that Ashley Young managed to keep Mo Salahaha on a leash this morning. Surely Liverpool won't come up against any teams with better defenders than Ashley Young in the CL. :)

plague
12-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Jamie Carragher just spat on your internet post gov.

Said sorry though so all good etc etc

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Bye bye Jose

Jetmaster
14-03-2018, 06:19 PM

It will be Liverpool/Chelski.....always has been in CL.

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2018, 07:16 PM
It will be Liverpool/Chelski.....always has been in CL.

I would Love that for the history but liverpool would destroy us atm

hawk
14-03-2018, 07:17 PM
What is with this stupid fixation with Liverpool. not even football related. ffs give the real contenders some airplay.

Ive just seen Shakhtar with some damn quality peeps who deserve a mention.

As for manure its all bout the premiership lol, not chumpions league.

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2018, 07:20 PM
What is with this stupid fixation with Liverpool. not even football related. ffs give the real contenders some airplay.

Ive just seen Shakhtar with some damn quality peeps who deserve a mention.

As for manure its all bout the premiership lol, not chumpions league.

The prem is done already

hawk
14-03-2018, 09:35 PM
The prem is done already

prem cant eat a bag as well

Barca Bayern madrid City winner from them

Frodo
15-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Barca and Bayern cruising through to the final 8. You'd think it would be one of those two who lift the trophy.

Roma are good but not at the highest level yet. Dzeko still scoring goals everywhere.

Real are obviously an almighty team but they aren't on cruise mode this year and would need to lift their game to win the big one.

Juve are an amazing side but have weaknesses. Just don't feel like they could beat Bayern or Barca this year.

Citeh are a solid wild card, they've never really challenged at the top of Europe but on their day could beat any team easily.

Liverpool would do really well if they won the CL with their defence the way it is. But they can attack and that will ruffle feathers against anyone.

Sevilla, they have a great midfield, a few options in attack. I wouldn't bet on them to win in, but they are very much a cup competition side and will be difficult for anyone to get past.

Jeterpool
15-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Barca and Bayern cruising through to the final 8. You'd think it would be one of those two who lift the trophy.

Roma are good but not at the highest level yet. Dzeko still scoring goals everywhere.

Real are obviously an almighty team but they aren't on cruise mode this year and would need to lift their game to win the big one.

Juve are an amazing side but have weaknesses. Just don't feel like they could beat Bayern or Barca this year.

Citeh are a solid wild card, they've never really challenged at the top of Europe but on their day could beat any team easily.

Liverpool would do really well if they won the CL with their defence the way it is. But they can attack and that will ruffle feathers against anyone.

Sevilla, they have a great midfield, a few options in attack. I wouldn't bet on them to win in, but they are very much a cup competition side and will be difficult for anyone to get past.

I'll be honest, I haven't had much of an interest in the last few years because of Liverpool's absence but I am closely following this years competition.

It's hard to disagree with much you say and I think teams will be hoping for Liverpool, Roma or Sevilla as the "favourable draws" - but these teams are all there for a reason. They're all good quality teams.

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2018, 01:48 PM

A good attack will score goals against barce's defense sadly Chelsea didnt have this and we dont have a good defense atm either

Frodo
15-03-2018, 03:22 PM
A good attack will score goals against barce's defense sadly Chelsea didnt have this and we dont have a good defense atm either

Barca have conceded 13 goals in 27 la liga games this year. 22 in 46 games overall. Undefeated in La Liga and the Champion's league, they've only lost 3 games of those 46 played. 2 of which were last August against Real Madrid in their version of the community shield.

They have solid centre backs, fullbacks that can pin opposition defences back, the best screening midfielder in the world, an extremely potent strike force and they don't usually cough possession easily. I hate people jumping on the Barca band wagon but this is one of their strongest sides this decade.

Jeterpool
15-03-2018, 03:28 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting to see Juventus v Barcelona as a tie! Juve have conceded something like 2 goals in 17 Serie A matches or something. Copped a few against Spurs, sure, but that defence...wow.

My prediction for the draw:

Real v Bayern
Barca v City
Liverpool v Juve
Sevilla v Roma

Frodo
15-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting to see Juventus v Barcelona as a tie! Juve have conceded something like 2 goals in 17 Serie A matches or something. Copped a few against Spurs, sure, but that defence...wow.

My prediction for the draw:

Real v Bayern
Barca v City
Liverpool v Juve
Sevilla v Roma

I was thinking similar,

Real v Bayern
Barca v Citeh
Liverpool v Sevilla
Juve v Roma

I feel like Sevilla will be given another English club.

Jeterpool
15-03-2018, 03:40 PM
I feel like Sevilla will be given another English club.

That'd be interesting if it's Liverpool because they played each other in the group stage too!

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Barca have conceded 13 goals in 27 la liga games this year. 22 in 46 games overall. Undefeated in La Liga and the Champion's league, they've only lost 3 games of those 46 played. 2 of which were last August against Real Madrid in their version of the community shield.

They have solid centre backs, fullbacks that can pin opposition defences back, the best screening midfielder in the world, an extremely potent strike force and they don't usually cough possession easily. I hate people jumping on the Barca band wagon but this is one of their strongest sides this decade.

Not even. Were abysmal atm and we caused them loads of problems. If they face City thell get smoked and Id back Liverpool to score at least two against their defence.

Frodo
15-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Not even. Were abysmal atm and we caused them loads of problems. If they face City thell get smoked and Id back Liverpool to score at least two against their defence.

What are you saying "Not Even" to? The facts or my opinion of Barca's ability this year?

Barca being good, great or terrible has very little to do with Chelsea. As evident by the ease in which they picked you apart at the Camp Nou. As soon as you made a mistake they punished you. 4 mistakes led to 4 goals. Top tier team playing with a simple game plan vs a team who like Arsenal are struggling to find a starting 11 so close to the end of the season. Not good enough from both our clubs.

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2018, 06:24 PM
What are you saying "Not Even" to? The facts or my opinion of Barca's ability this year?

Barca being good, great or terrible has very little to do with Chelsea. As evident by the ease in which they picked you apart at the Camp Nou. As soon as you made a mistake they punished you. 4 mistakes led to 4 goals. Top tier team playing with a simple game plan vs a team who like Arsenal are struggling to find a starting 11 so close to the end of the season. Not good enough from both our clubs.

Second leg was more our shit keeper

De-Champ
15-03-2018, 08:39 PM

what were the other ten players doing? easy to blame the keeper, but why was the scorer in the position to score in the first place?

baldrick
15-03-2018, 09:24 PM

I didn't know Messi was the Chelsea keeper

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I didn't know Messi was the Chelsea keeper

You beat twice at your near post Im blaming you for our loss. Courtios thinks he's world class biggest joke

boz-monaut
15-03-2018, 10:22 PM
draw is in a bit under an hour

StannyCFCJET
15-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Sidenote Spanish police are a disgrace

hawk
15-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Friday innit?

boz-monaut
16-03-2018, 09:08 AM
yes, yes it is

some of what I said can be salvaged later in the day, I'll just wait around until then

Frodo
16-03-2018, 09:46 AM
yes, yes it is

some of what I said can be salvaged later in the day, I'll just wait around until then

Boz, don't listen to the haterz. Too busy living in the now instead of living in the future like you and I. Let's just have our own draw.. with blackjack and hookers.

Frodo
16-03-2018, 09:48 AM
You beat twice at your near post Im blaming you for our loss. Courtios thinks he's world class biggest joke

Concedes two goals from the one of the greatest strikers of all time... Must be rubbish.

Good ol Stannyisms, can't get by without them.

Europa League could have 8 teams from 8 different countries if results stay the way they are. That's my Jeterpool style fact for the year.

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Concedes two goals from the one of the greatest strikers of all time... Must be rubbish.

Good ol Stannyisms, can't get by without them.

Europa League could have 8 teams from 8 different countries if results stay the way they are. That's my Jeterpool style fact for the year.

He's conceded easy goals all season and quite a few at his near post. The face we discarded close to the best GK the prem has ever seen for this numpty is even worse

Macca
16-03-2018, 12:13 PM
He's conceded easy goals all season and quite a few at his near post. The face we discarded close to the best GK the prem has ever seen for this numpty is even worse

Never mind him winning the golden glove last year and being immense. Never rated him. Utter trash

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Never mind him winning the golden glove last year and being immense. Never rated him. Utter trash

Ive watched him every week since he returned to us in 2014. And I never rated him as WC or close since then and nothing he has done has changed my mind

Frodo
16-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Ive watched him every week since he returned to us in 2014. And I never rated him as WC or close since then and nothing he has done has changed my mind

Can someone else please tell me they love these nuggets of pure gold I get to witness from my best friend Stanny?

This is why I love the Forum, it's definitely up there with the Jeterpools Facts, SD's Pool Parties and Hawk not spending a damn cent of his vast fortune on jets shaped hats!

Jeterpool
16-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Can someone else please tell me they love these nuggets of pure gold I get to witness from my best friend Stanny?

This is why I love the Forum, it's definitely up there with the Jeterpools Facts, SD's Pool Parties and Hawk not spending a damn cent of his vast fortune on jets shaped hats!

He's a hard man to please at times, our Stanny :rof: Sets very high standards for the teams he supports and seems to take it very seriously.

Thanks for the love

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 02:44 PM
He's a hard man to please at times, our Stanny :rof: Sets very high standards for the teams he supports and seems to take it very seriously.

Thanks for the love

I have high standards for Chelsea due to our 04/05 team. As for the Jerks I dont expect anything I just enjoy the ride.

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 02:45 PM
What the **** happened to dortmund wow

De-Champ
16-03-2018, 04:48 PM
What the **** happened to dortmund wow

same could be said about Man u

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 06:03 PM
same could be said about Man u

Nah not with Jose in charge. Parking the bus against a less talented side deserved to go out

plague
16-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Stanny fills the gaps in crazy talk during the Members frequent suspensions.

He’s like having a second butthole when you’re constipated. You never realised how much you love it til you need it.

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Stanny fills the gaps in crazy talk during the Members frequent suspensions.

He’s like having a second butthole when you’re constipated. You never realised how much you love it til you need it.

Maybe Im the sane one and everyone else is crazy

hawk
16-03-2018, 10:39 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2018/03/16/watch-uefa-champions-league-quarter-final-draw-live-stream

10 mins of fine viewing

boz-monaut
16-03-2018, 10:42 PM

this is now true

boz-monaut
16-03-2018, 11:01 PM
I can't wait for the pre-draw speeches and entertainment

hawk
16-03-2018, 11:07 PM
here goes....another little story

boz-monaut
16-03-2018, 11:10 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/484/n08A8NO.jpg

hawk
16-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Well thats the end of liverpool

boz-monaut
16-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Barca v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern
Juve v Real
Liverpool v City

was kind of hoping for more match ups from the same nation so we don't end up with an all Spanish final

predictions are Barca, Bayern, Real and City - because of money

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Barca v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern
Juve v Real
Liverpool v City

was kind of hoping for more match ups from the same nation so we don't end up with an all Spanish final

Uefa would love a spanish final Messi v Ronaldo

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Well thats the end of liverpool

They beat city a few weeks ago

Frodo
17-03-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm picking Juve to beat Real. Even though I didn't rate them this week I think they are smart enough to keep Real through the middle and block their width. 3-1 over the 2 legs.

Then it will.be Barca vs City next round and Bayern vs Juve.

Barca vs Bayern final. No idea who would win.

I would really like a decent upset tho. Sevilla or Roma to pull a rabbit out of their arse and tumble through to the semi finals. Would be amazing.

De-Champ
17-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Barca v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern
Juve v Real
Liverpool v City

If it was because of money. Seville would not even be there

baldrick
04-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Nobody's going to mention Ronaldo's bicycle kick ?

I'm not a Ronaldo fan, but that was astounding.

plague
04-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Nobody's going to mention Ronaldo's bicycle kick ?

I'm not a Ronaldo fan, but that was astounding.

as good as you can hit it.
age and everything yeah yeah yeah but man oh man if there needs to be any more discussion on how great the bloke is then we'll all be best giving up.

plague
04-04-2018, 09:41 PM
i did get a giggle today that (as always) the whole discussion immediately turned to a Messi v Ronaldo debate.

its just great reading so many people be so very very wrong all at once.

bless their little cotton socks.

Jeterpool
04-04-2018, 10:38 PM
It was brilliant. I loved that Juve fans clapped it as well. Wonderful respect

Jeterpool
04-04-2018, 10:39 PM
i did get a giggle today that (as always) the whole discussion immediately turned to a Messi v Ronaldo debate.

People just need to appreciate what they are able to see every week with these two, hey.

plague
04-04-2018, 11:47 PM
People just need to appreciate what they are able to see every week

oh for sure.

go to a Real Madrid game these days and you get to see arguably the most technically gifted and beautiful player ever.

go to a Barca match and see one of the greatest all around players who ever lived.

both of who achieved the ultimate success at every level they ever played and it all being centred around them. pretty amazing thing to bear witness to.

plague
05-04-2018, 06:18 AM
this could end up 6-0 and id still pick Citeh to go through.

boz-monaut
05-04-2018, 06:19 AM
I don't think many people expected the first half of Liverpool v Man City to go like this

plague
05-04-2018, 06:19 AM
having said that its 3-0 ATM city surely aint leaving here without a couple back.

boz-monaut
05-04-2018, 06:23 AM
I predict City will get 4 in the second half

boz-monaut
05-04-2018, 06:54 AM
have to hold out for only 135 minutes of relentless City attack to progress

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Imo, an attacking city plays into our hands if we look to exploit them on the counter.
The second we start to shut up shop, we look terrible.
Keep looking for an opportunity to pinch a 4th.
Clean sheet is a must, and any goal in the return leg is gold.

plague
05-04-2018, 07:30 AM
just read that the RBB is suing Liverpool for copyright after their fans bus shenanigans today.

Hard to argue TBH.

Jetmaster
05-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Nuh West Ham invented it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mjxFIZqN8

Players love this stuff.

De-Champ
05-04-2018, 01:46 PM
A bit of a coincidence, except for Bayern Seville match, the losing teams all lost by three goals.

plague
05-04-2018, 05:56 PM
The ' you live in the past'chant was pretty funny.

hawk
05-04-2018, 09:24 PM
oh for sure.

go to a Real Madrid game these days and you get to see arguably the most technically gifted and beautiful player ever.

go to a Barca match and see one of the greatest all around players who ever lived.

both of who achieved the ultimate success at every level they ever played and it all being centred around them. pretty amazing thing to bear witness to.

technically gifted? bahahahaha, nuh you way overrated Ronaldo. He does a few things really well but lacks in others.

That was a top class kick and like most numpties they make that player the best ever. Remember when James hit that volley in WC then a got a billion $ contract then did fkall.

yall customers if think ronny is anything too spesh.

baldrick
05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
It was brilliant. I loved that Juve fans clapped it as well. Wonderful respect

All class from Juve. Zidane's reaction was priceless too

plague
05-04-2018, 10:56 PM
technically gifted? bahahahaha, nuh you way overrated Ronaldo. He does a few things really well but lacks in others.

That was a top class kick and like most numpties they make that player the best ever. Remember when James hit that volley in WC then a got a billion $ contract then did fkall.

yall customers if think ronny is anything too spesh.

wait wait wait.

you think I'm talking about Ronaldo?

Frodo
06-04-2018, 08:14 AM
Well the real competition was on this morning and Arsenal took care of another European Giant. It was pretty much the plucky unknown brits of Woolwich taking on the entire Kremlin and we were victorious.

Ramsey basically killed Ronaldo's goal with a well timed half-pike midway through his bicycle from about the halfway line... (That may be a slight exaggeration) and Lacazette pretty much scored like 8 times.

Wenger for a new 5 year deal.

On a more serious note. Danny Welbeck may be the funniest footballer ever to watch. He is the epitome of the old US Army theory that "If we don't know what we're gonna do then they don't know what we're gonna do". It's very entertaining.

Jeterpool
06-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Seems like Liverpool have a new strategy for teams that want to come and park the bus.

plague
11-04-2018, 06:24 AM
I took the $5.50 on city to qualify and thought it would be easy money.

36mins in and shocked I've not collected yet

plague
11-04-2018, 07:12 AM
Raheem Sterling is the exact reason why statistics in football are fundamentally useless.

Bremsstrahlung
11-04-2018, 07:52 AM
I took the $5.50 on city to qualify and thought it would be easy money.

36mins in and shocked I've not collected yet

Took the $6 on offer for a Liverpool win.

Frodo
11-04-2018, 07:56 AM
The ref had about as bad a game as the entire Barcelona team this morning. Big stuff up at 3-1 aggregate to miss something as simple as that from 6 yards away.

plague
11-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Liverpool were very very lucky over the 2 legs.

They were also very very good.

Can't say they don't deserve it.

Jeterpool
11-04-2018, 08:34 AM
What an exciting morning.

Shame I was stuck in a hotel with only free-to-air

Frodo
11-04-2018, 08:53 AM
Liverpool were very very lucky over the 2 legs.

They were also very very good.

Can't say they don't deserve it.

Agree, Liverpool were superb.

Even though City will feel aggrieved with a few decisions, Liverpool probably had another gear or two in the bag if City had equalised on aggregate.

Maybe Bayern and Real are a bit more nervous seeing the results this morning. If you don't show up and take care of business you'll be out. No weak teams left in the last 8.

Jetmaster
11-04-2018, 01:09 PM
What's Phil Coutinho up to these days?

Frodo
11-04-2018, 01:52 PM

Well he is odds on to win La Liga still if that's what you mean.

I hope Liverpudlians aren't gonna start saying that they are at or above Barca's level. Haha.

That said, enjoy the win. Just make sure you finish above Spurs in the table and I don't mind if you win the CL.

Jetmaster
11-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Well he is odds on to win La Liga still if that's what you mean.

I hope Liverpudlians aren't gonna start saying that they are at or above Barca's level. Haha.

That said, enjoy the win. Just make sure you finish above Spurs in the table and I don't mind if you win the CL.

I don't support Liverpool - or any of the "EPL Wank 6" tbh....just honestly wondered what old Phil was doing as I haven't heard much about him.

Frodo
11-04-2018, 02:04 PM
I don't support Liverpool - or any of the "EPL Wank 6" tbh....just honestly wondered what old Phil was doing as I haven't heard much about him.

Well, he's been copping a fair bit of it online today. Twitter is of course having a field day.

Has anyone checked out the footage of the stadium after Roma beat won. It's amazing.

baldrick
11-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Pretty sure he won't be going to Kiev in late May.

plague
12-04-2018, 07:48 AM
gosh.

boz-monaut
12-04-2018, 08:31 AM
well that's good that in both European competitions there's not going to be any matches between teams from the same nation

the draw for the Cempions Lig is tomorrow night at about 8 our time

plague
12-04-2018, 08:46 AM
how good was the spotty.
geez louise 3 keepers on that line wouldnt have got a hand on it.

Jeterpool
12-04-2018, 09:22 AM
well that's good that in both European competitions there's not going to be any matches between teams from the same nation

the draw for the Cempions Lig is tomorrow night at about 8 our time

So it's actually Saturday lunch time? Can't trust your form on this after the last draw. :grin:

Jeterpool
12-04-2018, 09:23 AM
how good was the spotty.
geez louise 3 keepers on that line wouldnt have got a hand on it.

That was an awesome spotty. You're right - nobody was getting there.

Madrid were lucky. The referee did really well.

boz-monaut
12-04-2018, 09:43 AM
So it's actually Saturday lunch time? Can't trust your form on this after the last draw. :grin:
12 noon CET Friday 13 April

which the internet tells me is 8 p.m. our time

also, it's broadcast live on Eurosport and Bein

Macca
12-04-2018, 09:50 AM
What a game from Juventus. Penalty probably the fair call, but I think they were hard done by. Even in the first leg I thought 3-0 flattered Madrid, Juve had a lot of good chances. Great finish from Ronny to take them through under pressure.
What a great quarter finals round its been.

Frodo
12-04-2018, 09:57 AM
What a game from Juventus. Penalty probably the fair call, but I think they were hard done by. Even in the first leg I thought 3-0 flattered Madrid, Juve had a lot of good chances. Great finish from Ronny to take them through under pressure.
What a great quarter finals round its been.

The best is still to come in the Proper Champions League comp tomorrow morning.

Jeterpool
12-04-2018, 10:31 AM
The best is still to come in the Proper Champions League comp tomorrow morning.

Can always have one over City, Spurs, Utd and Chelsea fans that your team is still in Europe

goaliepersempre
12-04-2018, 04:41 PM
12 noon CET Friday 13 April

which the internet tells me is 8 p.m. our time

also, it's broadcast live on Eurosport and Bein

Korrekt.. thats why I can watch the match against the Gypos in the Pub at 12.... (then an aarau away game) the beers will flow

Frodo
13-04-2018, 08:16 AM
This week has been an absolute goal fest in Europe.

Add to that Ruben Neves screamer for Wolves yesterday and it's a great highlights reel for the week of football.

So Real, Bayern, Liverpool and Roma through. Bayern must be pretty happy with that.

Athletico, Arsenal, Marsielle and RB Salzburg through. I's say Arsenal can take care of Marsielle and RB Salzburg if we play well enough.

Athletico vs Arsenal Final would be a cracker. Athletico hate conceding goals, we aren't really all that bothered with defending.

Frodo
13-04-2018, 08:16 AM
Also, Dat Guy Welbz on fire at the moment. Working his way onto the plane to Russia as Wilshire is working his way off it, haha.

Jetmaster
13-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Can confirm from Bein 2 listings...

8pm tonight - Europa League draw

9pm tonight - Champions League draw

Both say draw for semi and final....I guess the final draw determines the "home team" for kit and dressing room purposes etc.

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Eurosport has the Champions draw at 8 and the lesser draw at 9

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 09:06 AM
checking Wikipedia for times, it looks like Bein have it correct

Frodo
13-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Eurosport has the Champions draw at 8 and the lesser draw at 9

What's all this then?

De-Champ
13-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Can confirm from Bein 2 listings...

8pm tonight - Europa League draw

9pm tonight - Champions League draw

Both say draw for semi and final....I guess the final draw determines the "home team" for kit and dressing room purposes etc.

why is there an hours gap between the draws...its not as if there are a hundred teams or so to choose from

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 08:53 PM
hopefully that's when they do all the introductory speeches and dance numbers

plus it gives them the opportunity to chill the balls properly

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Marseilles v Salzberg

Arsenal v Athletico

plague
13-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Marseilles v Salzberg

are these even real teams or the ones you get on video games where they didn't pay for any rights?

goaliepersempre
13-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Marseille vs Nobody WANKERS

Arsenal Athletico

Scheiss RB

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 09:21 PM
I have a real soft spot for Olympic Marseilles

I think there's something that people tend to have affection for teams that were big when you first got into football

back when I was a young idiot, they had JPP and went quite well in Europe

Salzberg can **** off though

plague
13-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Buffon says there should never be pens called in the last minute of a big game.

Good old Gab Marcotti went in the way back machine to ask where Buffon's protests were when Australia got pinged in the last minute in 2006.

cant believe anyone still remembers that except Australians.

Impressive.

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 10:06 PM
it is actually well remembered in other countries, in large part because it confirms the perception that Italy are a bunch of cheating scumbags who win last minute penalties to get through games they don't deserve to win

I was in England at the time and quite a big deal was made about some English dj on Radio 1 predicting Italy winning by a last minute penalties to get through games they didn't deserve to win

most people hate them the way we do, not always from experience though

boz-monaut
13-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Bayern v Real

Liverpool v Roma

goaliepersempre
13-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Bayern Vs Real
Liverpool Vs Roma

goaliepersempre
13-04-2018, 10:18 PM
the luck of the draw funny how both Europa and Champions.. 1 big match vs 1 even matchup

Jetmaster
13-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Just shows if Barca got through they would have been kept apart from Real.

plague
13-04-2018, 10:52 PM
it is actually well remembered in other countries, in large part because it confirms the perception that Italy are a bunch of cheating scumbags who win last minute penalties to get through games they don't deserve to win

I was in England at the time and quite a big deal was made about some English dj on Radio 1 predicting Italy winning by a last minute penalties to get through games they didn't deserve to win

most people hate them the way we do, not always from experience though

Well they did a good job of disguising it by having to play most of the match a man down.

Everyone in the house that day could tell that even with an extra man Aussies were never gonna score

Our death was merciful (I'll be ****ed if I was sitting through extra time). It was time for us ( the team and the fans) to leave Germany. We'd had enough.

Frodo
14-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Here comes Frodo quack talk of the day.

I'd rather face Athletico over 2 legs than in the final.

We need to do a big job at home and get at least 2-0 up. Otherwise it will be tough to win in Spain. We have the weapons to win, mostly Elneny the Egyptian god, just need to make sure we play at full intensity for at least 180 mins.

I think Marseille will do RB Salzburg over 2 legs.

Jeterpool
14-04-2018, 08:30 AM
Love it

plague
14-04-2018, 09:06 AM
i honestly believe that 'Europa League Cup talk Frodo' is the best person on the foz.

Jetmaster
14-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Don't know how genuine but the internetz has stories of Roma selling tickets to the Liverpool game BEFORE the draw was made.

plague
14-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Don't know how genuine but the internetz has stories of Roma selling tickets to the Liverpool game BEFORE the draw was made.

Sounds legit

Jeterpool
14-04-2018, 02:37 PM

Discrepancies involving Italian teams is simply unfathomable

Frodo
14-04-2018, 06:49 PM
i honestly believe that 'Europa League Cup talk Frodo' is the best person on the foz.

Just trying to keep you entertained until the membah returns.

Frodo
15-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Absolutely loving watching Buffon tarnish the end of his career. He just doubled down on his comments in the media. Idiot.

Basically he is happy for his fans to send death threats to Oliver's wife and children, which he has been made aware of, just because he feels that the referee should have cared more about the drama than the rules.

Frodo
25-04-2018, 07:42 AM
No liverpool kids up this morning??

Did really well and then did not so well.

Retro Jet
25-04-2018, 08:03 AM
I got up at 6 something to a failed alarm n 5-0. :wub:
Maybe I shoula stayed unwoke :sigh:
Mo will get em home. Just leave the talisman on longer Jurgie....

Premy
25-04-2018, 08:17 AM
Conceded 2 late goals gives Roma just a sniff. However they're going to have to score 4+, I just cant see Roma keeping a clean sheet.

Frodo
25-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Conceded 2 late goals gives Roma just a sniff. However they're going to have to score 4+, I just cant see Roma keeping a clean sheet.

I'm definitely not going to say that Liverpool couldn't score anywhere in the world right now, however Roma have been amazing at home this year in the UCL.

Normally a 5-2 lead would be unassailable in a UCL semi final but the return game could still be a cracker of a game. Roma did start really well this morning and almost led through that thunderous shot from Kolarov.

Roma will change to a back 4 in Rome you would think. Jesus and Fazio needed more help nearby to deal with that front line. Liverpool running diagonally at that back 3 was scary to watch.

redwah
25-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Could have been 10...not even joking....if Klopp leaves Salah on Roma don’t commit so many forward and if they do Liverpool score more. Reds will score in Rome at least once.....going through to final. Walk on.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2018, 12:46 PM
C'mon Roma on behalf of all football fans you have one job

Jetmaster
25-04-2018, 01:27 PM

Nuh mate, as a neutral I would rather see a free flowing Liverpool in a final than any Italian team.

Real v Liverpool would be mouth watering.

cobra23
25-04-2018, 02:23 PM

Just enjoy Europa league next year stanny

plague
25-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Left for dawn service at 0-0 and Roma holding their own. Came home to 5-2 and was quite surprised

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Just enjoy Europa league next year stanny

Weve one it once. Happily win it again

Jetmaster
25-04-2018, 04:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppruT-8hnhQ

Rafa - "I have won Europa League for Chelsea".

Jose - "Tin cup? Who cares?"

:rof:

redwah
25-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Now there’s a song you could sing in the stands......

hawk
25-04-2018, 06:56 PM

fk off soaw

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2018, 10:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppruT-8hnhQ

Rafa - "I have won Europa League for Chelsea".

Jose - "Tin cup? Who cares?"

:rof:

**** Jose. Bet he cared last year when he won it

plague
26-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Bayern were plain awful today.

Frodo
26-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Bayern were playin awful today.

Fixed.

belchardo
27-04-2018, 06:18 AM
interesting start to the arsenal match.

Frodo
27-04-2018, 08:07 AM
interesting start to the arsenal match.

Athletico Madrid are a very good team. I won't slag us off because we missed some chances, I think Athletico were just better set up to deal with the card then we were.

Jeterpool
27-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Athletico Madrid are a very good team. I won't slag us off because we missed some chances, I think Athletico were just better set up to deal with the card then we were.

Was it a reasonable red card? I turned on about 50th minute and Bein didn't indicate there had been a card - I just thought Arsenal were camped in their end. I take it that's why Simeone was in the stands?

The fact there'd been a red card surprised me because the ref was letting a lot go - telling many players to get up.

baldrick
27-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Was it a reasonable red card? I turned on about 50th minute and Bein didn't indicate there had been a card - I just thought Arsenal were camped in their end. I take it that's why Simeone was in the stands?

The fact there'd been a red card surprised me because the ref was letting a lot go - telling many players to get up.

First yellow (after 90 seconds mind) was a bit soft.

Second (after 10 minutes) was a definite yellow card.

The whole Atletico bench erupted & Simeone was sent off.

Jeterpool
27-04-2018, 09:18 AM
First yellow (after 90 seconds mind) was a bit soft.

Second (after 10 minutes) was a definite yellow card.

The whole Atletico bench erupted & Simeone was sent off.

Right. Cheers.

What I saw, Arsenal played well and just slightly better finishing would have seen them 2-0 or 3-0 up. The goal they conceded....well they finally got in behind from a long ball hoofed forward. Mustafi nearly prevented it and the bounce off Navas was unfortunate.

All to play for in the second leg. Arsenal get a goal and it's game on.

Again, only from what I saw, it was great to see a lot of passion at the Emirates. Seemed a hostile atmosphere at times.

Frodo
27-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Right. Cheers.

What I saw, Arsenal played well and just slightly better finishing would have seen them 2-0 or 3-0 up. The goal they conceded....well they finally got in behind from a long ball hoofed forward. Mustafi nearly prevented it and the bounce off Navas was unfortunate.

All to play for in the second leg. Arsenal get a goal and it's game on.

Again, only from what I saw, it was great to see a lot of passion at the Emirates. Seemed a hostile atmosphere at times.

Best part of the entire thing, Santi Cazorla came out onto the pitch and warmed up for a bit. A few fans got there really early and saw him. Supposedly back in training in 2 weeks. So happy, he is a great player and seems like a great bloke. Hopefully he can regain his fitness and be back playing for us next year.

I only caught bits and pieces on my phone this morning so I need to go home and watch the game on the weekend (Have plans tonight watching another knock out game in little ol' newcastle) It seemed like they were set up to keep us at bay and we just couldn't take some half chances and better.

If we had won this morning 3-1 say I think we would have set up wrong in Madrid and lost. Now we just have to go for it. I can see the return leg being a 0-0 or 0-1 affair to see who goes through.

Macca
27-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Best part of the entire thing, Santi Cazorla came out onto the pitch and warmed up for a bit. A few fans got there really early and saw him. Supposedly back in training in 2 weeks. So happy, he is a great player and seems like a great bloke. Hopefully he can regain his fitness and be back playing for us next year.

I only caught bits and pieces on my phone this morning so I need to go home and watch the game on the weekend (Have plans tonight watching another knock out game in little ol' newcastle) It seemed like they were set up to keep us at bay and we just couldn't take some half chances and better.

If we had won this morning 3-1 say I think we would have set up wrong in Madrid and lost. Now we just have to go for it. I can see the return leg being a 0-0 or 0-1 affair to see who goes through.

Those first leg leads just have not been that strong in a lot of cases this year in Europe.
I only watched the highlights this morning but even before the red I think Arsenal were pretty on top. Atletico had a few chances late in the first half, but Arsenal came close so many times. Oblak made a couple great saves too. You could see the result coming though, Atletico just seem to be the masters of soaking pressure and then nabbing a goal.

Jeterpool
27-04-2018, 10:53 AM

:blink:

Still bitter about the "ghost goal"?