PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

StannyCFCJET
27-04-2018, 11:05 AM
:blink:

Still bitter about the "ghost goal"?

You mean a ball that didnt cross the line???

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2018, 11:47 AM
VAR!
Oh wait.

redwah
29-04-2018, 07:41 AM
You mean a ball that didnt cross the line???

Pretty sure if you look through the record books Garcia’s name is on the score sheet for that one

De-Champ
29-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Pretty sure if you look through the record books Garcia’s name is on the score sheet for that one

But that is not the argument. I am sure his name is on the score sheet. I am sure the goal stood on the day. The argument is did the ball cross the line. I remember watching the game and from all replays shown I cannot say if the ball crossed the line or not. Personally I don not care if it did or not, I do not follow either Liverpool or Chelsea, but I do think StannyCFCJET and the team he follows was hard done by on that day.

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2018, 03:47 PM
But that is not the argument. I am sure his name is on the score sheet. I am sure the goal stood on the day. The argument is did the ball cross the line. I remember watching the game and from all replays shown I cannot say if the ball crossed the line or not. Personally I don not care if it did or not, I do not follow either Liverpool or Chelsea, but I do think StannyCFCJET and the team he follows was hard done by on that day.

Ive seen many replays ball didnt cross the line but hey that football. We got payback with the Gerrard slip

redwah
29-04-2018, 10:10 PM

Its on the scoresheet so it crossed the line.....the rest is pointless.

plague
02-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Good game today.
Ref was great. He let them play.

Frodo
02-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Good game today.
Ref was great. He let them play.

Neither team looked superb, they both just went for it.

Well except for Ullreich, he didn't go for it enough..

plague
02-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Well except for Ullreich, he didn't go for it enough..

Oof.

Frodo
03-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Got away with that result didn't they.

For all the posturing made by the English media about Real being terrified of Liverpool i'd say they aren't too fussed. Well done Liverpool though.

I can see this being a Real Madrid vs Athletico Madrid UEFA super cup game next season.

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Got away with that result didn't they.

For all the posturing made by the English media about Real being terrified of Liverpool i'd say they aren't too fussed. Well done Liverpool though.

I can see this being a Real Madrid vs Athletico Madrid UEFA super cup game next season.

I didn't watch the game because I was up late producing the Grand Final preview podcast and couldn't burn the candle at both ends. I've recorded it.

But the result looks like they just escaped - and given the last few minutes that's a fair assessment.

I reckon Liverpool are suffering from not securing their Top 4 spot earlier, which could given them the ability to rotate and rest, while copping a number of injuries in the one area they have depth (midfield - Can, Lallana and Ox).

Feels a bit like the rubber band is stretching and some pressure needs to be released before it snaps.

plague
03-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Liverpool looked awful.
Madrid are betting favourites.

Macca
03-05-2018, 11:24 AM
I wasn't that impressed by Madrid in their semi either, to be fair. I thought Bayern outplayed them in both legs. Madrid just have that ability to "win". Liverpool more than capable of putting in a blitz performance though. Will be a fascinating final.

Bremsstrahlung
03-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Didn’t think we were too terrible. We looked like a team that won 5-2 previously and just needed to go through the motions. But we are not that type of team.

Hopefully we take it to them!

StannyCFCJET
03-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Carn Madrid. Hatrick to Ronnie please

Jeterpool
03-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Carn Madrid. Hatrick to Ronnie please

Come on Stanny, you got something against attacking football??

Frodo
03-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Come on Stanny, you got something against attacking football??

He follows Chelsea. of course he does.

plague
03-05-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm not here to hate on Stanny because hes a good dude but legit everytime he brings up Chelsea in this thread all I remember is John Terry slipping on the penalty spot and John Terry being a full kit wanker when they won.

Both these things always make me giggle.

**** John Terry.

StannyCFCJET
03-05-2018, 05:17 PM
I'm not here to hate on Stanny because hes a good dude but legit everytime he brings up Chelsea in this thread all I remember is John Terry slipping on the penalty spot and John Terry being a full kit wanker when they won.

Both these things always make me giggle.

**** John Terry.

Hate away Plague

Jeterpool
04-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal....

Again, got up with about 30 minutes to go and both teams were looking good. Ozil (from what I saw) was being a pest to the Madrid defence and the most likely source to create a chance.

I don't know why Arsenal didn't have a shot or play an early ball into the "corridor of uncertainty" and push their luck - instead they wanted to pass the ball in the net.

Frustrating.

Frodo
04-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Again, got up with about 30 minutes to go and both teams were looking good. Ozil (from what I saw) was being a pest to the Madrid defence and the most likely source to create a chance.

I don't know why Arsenal didn't have a shot or play an early ball into the "corridor of uncertainty" and push their luck - instead they wanted to pass the ball in the net.

Frustrating.

It's a tin pot cup anyway. Only really bad teams win in Europe anyway.

The FA Cup is the pinnacle of world football. That and the world cup.. (Arsenal are in the world cup this year aren't they?)

Kos going down early hurt us again. Gone for the world cup it seems as well. I think he is one of the best CBs in the PL when he is at it, but his Achilles problem has become a bit of an Achilles heel for him now.. (Wait, there's a joke here somewhere). He's trying too hard to become Vincent Kompany.

Big game in 3 days time against Barnsley Bulldogs. Hopefully young Ainsley Maitland-Niles gets to show his qualities in the middle again. Genuinely excited about how good he can play. I hate the new Viera tag, but AMN is a solid unit who can read the game ahead of his years. See, i've already forgotten about the end of Wenger's era ending trophyless and i'm not crying, you're crying you silly crybaby!!

Jeterpool
04-05-2018, 10:28 AM
#prayforfrodo
#prayforbaldrick
#prayforgazfishandpv4too
#andprayfortheotherarsenalsfansiforgot

StannyCFCJET
04-05-2018, 04:06 PM

Frustrating.

Sums up Wengers's time Arsenal since 2006. No clue about organising a defence and did nothing to rectify this.

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Can somebody clarify:
1) If Liverpool lose CL they need to go through qualification right?
2) if Liverpool win, do spurs need to qualify? Or do top 3 always qualify automatically. And that half spot goes to somebody else from a different league?
3) If Liverpool lost today, and win champions league and Chelsea won today. Would chelsea have dropped into Europa league??

Jeterpool
14-05-2018, 11:46 AM
1) No, I believe they have qualified outright. All 4 qualify automatically
2) See above.
3) No. They'd have been in the UCL. See Spurs and United this season as the example.

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2018, 11:56 AM
I just did a google and apparently this was changed this season.
No more playoff games.

So if 3 eventuated there would have been 5 teams in CL??

Jeterpool
14-05-2018, 12:04 PM
I just did a google and apparently this was changed this season.
No more playoff games.

So if 3 eventuated there would have been 5 teams in CL??

Yes, as there was this season (City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool - Top 4, United - Europa LEague winner)

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Ahhhhh, I selectively block out every time United win something.
Thanks!

Jeterpool
14-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Ahhhhh, I selectively block out every time United win something.
Thanks!

You and me both ;)

Bon
14-05-2018, 12:46 PM
You and me both ;)

+1 Add me to this..
My roommate is a United supporter.. It's fvcking horrible..
Apart from his smugness, the worst thing is that I owe him a carton for ManUre finishing higher than Liverpool, and another one for them beating us last time we played..

Jeterpool
25-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Predictions for Sunday morning?

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Liverpool 4-3 and Im in pain typing this

Jeterpool
25-05-2018, 02:49 PM
A lot of people are predicting a high scoring game. I don't think it will be, but nothing surprises me. I can see so many scenarios in my head but can't narrow down how I think it will go.

I wish you'd tip Madrid because you've tipped against Liverpool the whole way through this year :rof:

If they lose, my football heart will be destroyed after sesing the Jets lose as well.

Macca
25-05-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't think it will be a close game. I don't know which way it will go, but I don't think it will be close. If Liverpool are on song they could grab a few in a hurry, if Madrid stifle them and grab a goal I can see Liverpool fading a bit and conceding a couple more late.

plague
25-05-2018, 04:27 PM

Madrid are class all over the pitch and Ramos will score the winner.

Liverpool have one or two of 'those' games every year where they are untouchable but away from home against a clearly superior opponent it would be the miracle of all miracles for it to happen on Sunday.

I say this as I watch the CL final as a warm up to the Stanley Cup finals where an expansion team rated 500/1 pre season are red hot favourites to win it all.

boz-monaut
25-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Predictions for Sunday morning?Russian cyber attack to screw with live feeds and anything else they can ruin

MFKS
25-05-2018, 11:35 PM
It will be a great achievement for Real to win it

3 in a row will be a great achievement not even close to being achieved in the comp this fiercely fought

Considering Barca have had a bit of a golden age for them with Messi Xavi Iniesta etc they have only managed 4 UCL titles in a 10 year spell

Madrid will match the 4 titles but will do it in 5 years which would basically mean you would have to say Real are the more successful club in this little phase of history

Lot to play for there with bragging rights in their rivalry with Barca

As for the game people saying that Liverpool are great at counter attack etc etc

Last i looked Real are probably just as good if not better at it as well with CR7 Bale Benzema etc

Add in they have Kroos and Modric they can alsdo dominate possession and work Liverpool over that way

Both have shitful defences.

But Real have Sergio Ramos who will kick 7 shades of shit out of everything in Red

So i thinking if Ramos gets sent off Liverpool win
If Ramos stays on the park Real win

Frodo
26-05-2018, 11:22 AM

This. I don't like Ramos but he is the most important player in this game for both sides. If he plays well I can see Real winning somewhat comfortably. If he struggles they'll concede 3 and will fall apart.

Predicting a 2-0 win for Real. Isco with the second goal in the 82nd minute to break Liverpool hearts.

StannyCFCJET
26-05-2018, 11:45 AM
It will be a great achievement for Real to win it

3 in a row will be a great achievement not even close to being achieved in the comp this fiercely fought

Considering Barca have had a bit of a golden age for them with Messi Xavi Iniesta etc they have only managed 4 UCL titles in a 10 year spell

Madrid will match the 4 titles but will do it in 5 years which would basically mean you would have to say Real are the more successful club in this little phase of history

Lot to play for there with bragging rights in their rivalry with Barca

As for the game people saying that Liverpool are great at counter attack etc etc

Last i looked Real are probably just as good if not better at it as well with CR7 Bale Benzema etc

Add in they have Kroos and Modric they can alsdo dominate possession and work Liverpool over that way

Both have shitful defences.

But Real have Sergio Ramos who will kick 7 shades of shit out of everything in Red

Ramos doesnt get sent off in games like this

MFKS
26-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Ramos doesnt get sent off in games like this

Bloke has the most cards in the history of professional football.

Dont put anything past him

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2018, 06:19 AM
Ramos making the difference. Flipping salah

plague
27-05-2018, 06:29 AM
I know blokes are half joking but Ramos did nothing wrong there.

Grimario
27-05-2018, 06:56 AM
****ing lol

plague
27-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Wowsers.

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Ramos just caught him awkwardly and trapped his arm. See it all the time, defenders pulling attackers down. Not much malice in it, just got caught under him.

oh my god.

plague
27-05-2018, 07:01 AM
Was about to post about Mane def gonna get sent but yeah if course he scores instead.

Grimario
27-05-2018, 07:09 AM
****ing wow.

plague
27-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Oh my lawd

baldrick
27-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Outrageous goal from Bale...

Was that his first touch ???

plague
27-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Outrageous goal from Bale...

Was that his first touch ???

Other than playing with his hair?

plague
27-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Y'all remember when you thought BK was crap?

Grimario
27-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Karius doesn't look phased

Jeterpool
27-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Football is a bitch

MFKS
27-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Y'all remember when you thought BK was crap?

Seriously Liverpool by and large defended well

Lovren Van Dyk and the no name full backs contained CR7 Isco Benzema and co pretty well
Considering how weak they usually are it a shame they lose to a wonder goal from Bale which was fit to win the UCL on its own until that clown of a keeper decided to give him a 2nd and steal the MVP award from him

Ramos grubby ****er won them the game with his nobbling of Salah. It was clear as day a foul and a grubby act
Where the **** was VAR ??
Lol

Master of the black arts of gamesmanship he is and this is another reason why the VAR is ****ing the game

On a tactical note thpugh credit to Zizou
Tactically he won that game in the first 30 mins by holding Liverpool

People wont give him credit but he took Liverpools fury and then raised them with his own and they couldnt go with them

People can say it would have been a different game if Salah dont go off. But i will point this out.
Liverpool are a 1 man team and a 1 trick pony.

Any claims of progress Liverpool have made can be seen by their efforts without Salah.
Never looked capable of winning without him

Even if he stayed on there i didnt see the Scousers winning it

On another note I hope the bloke who pitch invaded just before half time was a Scouser trying to Roy ODonovan their keeper

That first goal was hilarious for its incompetence.

Even the Jets couldnt achieve thise levels of incompetence

cobra23
27-05-2018, 09:52 AM
**** karius,
Now all I can picture in my head is Gareth bales ugly big harry from the Henderson’s smile.

Imyourhero
27-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Alot of talk of Salah going to Madrid next season but I think he'd much better suit a Barcelona

MFKS
27-05-2018, 10:27 AM
On another note

CR7 and Bale gave interview post game that reading between the lines say they leaving Real

Bale complaining about not playing and needing to rectify it with his agent

CR7 said it has been nice to be at Real Madrid which is a bit bizarre

China Japan USA for the cash or is he going back home to Man Utd??

Going to be interesting if these two are up for transfer this off season

Imyourhero
27-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Real wouldn't let then both go without some big new signings (Salah will probably be one of those)
I can't see either of them going to china/usa just yet. Could see both of them back to United & Spurs?

plague
27-05-2018, 11:10 AM
yeah i think the last ditch Liverpool defending was good.
problem was this was a stark reminder of the importance of Couthinho.
Liverpool had nothing outside of Firminho trying to create for Mane, but against a team with as much class as Madrid, it was no chance.

Real had 3 #10's better than anything Liverpool had.
they were simply outclassed.

StannyCFCJET
27-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Karius did lots of football fans a big favour. Wonder if he had a flutter on Madrid

MFKS
27-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Karius did lots of football fans a big favour. Wonder if he had a flutter on Madrid

Exactly how??

Explain when Liverpool looked like winning that game??

They had a reasonable first 30 mins but didnt teally threaten Navas goal a lot

All the game shown is Real had gears to go up if needed
Most of their big names had quiet and average games and they still win convincingly in the end and on the scoreboard

The Scouse keeper having a mare and Sergio Ramos being Sergio Ramos are just diversionary excuses from the reality Real are the better team and Liverpool didnt do enough or didnt have enough to beat them

Look at the technical gulf in Kroos Modric Isco and Cassemiro compared to the Scouse midfielders??

Henderson Lallana Wijnaldum Milner???

FFS the only way they would get into a Real Madrid short would be by buying one from Rebel Sport

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Losing Salah did Influence the game significantly. We looked more likely to score and he is a massive threat that requires attention in defence and puts them on guard. Liverpool were on the front foot, they were imposing the game on Madrid. Madrid were always gonna have possession, they like to keep it and pass it around. Liverpool’s press went MIA after that. Liverpool look to use their possession swiftly which either works or it doesn’t. We had a few chances. I think the chances would’ve continued until at least half time if he stays on.
The benefit of him on there means they have 2 lightning quick players on either side capable of counter attacking to good effect. Defence has 2 clear threats and a striker to contend with.

Yeh, Madrid are class all of the pitch. I would’ve been happy to lose that 1-0 to Bales goal.
You can’t expect to win a game when you’re holding on and your keeper gifts them a goal. Ruins any momentum and morale.

They were the better team. We try to mask our gulf in class compared to other teams with our enthusiasm and intent. But after the first 30, neither were at peak or sufficient.
I’m actually surprised there’s so much talk about Ramos tackle. The injury itself is unfortunate and an accident. But it’s a pretty common technique for defenders once they get and arm between their body and arm they keep it there and drag attacker into them and try to claim a free kick. Attackers do it also. So I thin Ramos was trying to pull him to the ground.

I feel for Mo, I hope he can play at the World Cup. He deserves a shot at it. 2-3 weeks to go. Should be enough for the pain to subside if it’s a AC joint or subluxed shoulder.
I feel like we would’ve heard if it were a clear fractured clavicle or a complete dislocation would’ve been obvious.

Frodo
27-05-2018, 09:11 PM
So Neymar and hazard to Real.

CR7 to PSG on stupid coin.
Bale back to the EPL.

Let the world cup transfer window merry-go-round begin. So many missed training sessions to have medical.

StannyCFCJET
27-05-2018, 11:14 PM
So Neymar and hazard to Real.

CR7 to PSG on stupid coin.
Bale back to the EPL.

Let the world cup transfer window merry-go-round begin. So many missed training sessions to have medical.

If Hazard wants to sit on the bench then he can go to Madrid.

plague
27-05-2018, 11:34 PM
If Hazard wants to sit on the bench then he can go to Madrid.
Yeah we cant even call this a bitter Stanny post. I'm a huge Hazard fan but he ain't playing better than Modric, Isco or Kroos.
Let alone paying stupid money for him.

I can def see the worth in Neymar replacing Ronnie and Bale though. Makes sense.

StannyCFCJET
27-05-2018, 11:59 PM
Yeah we cant even call this a bitter Stanny post. I'm a huge Hazard fan but he ain't playing better than Modric, Isco or Kroos.

I can def see the worth in Neymar replacing Ronnie and Bale though. Makes sense.

I see Hazard every week he doesnt score the goals an attacking player needs to score to be in Madrid's front 3 unless Ronaldo goes

plague
28-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Also, stunning that Zidane isn't getting anywhere near the credit ge deserves for all this

Its almost as if everyone decided we wrapped him enough as a player that he doesn't deserve any more love

De-Champ
28-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Kroos is rumoured to be sold off by Real

plague
28-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Kroos is rumoured to be sold off by Real

That's a weird one
Bloke is solid as.
Def wouldn't think someone like Hazard is the one to take his spot either. Unless they expect isco to become more defensive.

Also I read today that Ramos didn't give away one single foul in the whole game.

That cant be true, if it is then by golly hes even better that I already thought

Macca
28-05-2018, 11:43 AM
That's a weird one
Bloke is solid as.
Def wouldn't think someone like Hazard is the one to take his spot either. Unless they expect isco to become more defensive.

Also I read today that Ramos didn't give away one single foul in the whole game.

That cant be true, if it is then by golly hes even better that I already thought

Yeah in Kroos and Modric they have one of the best midfields (if not the best) going around. Bold if they were to sell him as Modric is getting on and would only have a couple years if that left at the work rate he displayed yesterday.
Hazard is a forward not a midfielder so they'd be considered entirely separately. Isco could play Kroos' role probably, as long as Casemiro is there too to do the dirty work.

I don't think Ramos gave a foul away cause he wasn't marking anyone all game, Salah and Mane were wide and Firmino drops in.
Foz actually made a good point at half time that Ramos actually had a very good first half in possession which is something I definitely don't think of when thinking of Ramos, but he was right.

On the game itself I thought Liverpool were good for it the first 25. They lost their momentum and confidence after the injury as well as their balance, only having the one outlet instead of two made it much easier to defend.
Even so, took a worldie and two keeper errors for Real to score. Yeah, Real's midfield is far technically superior but I don't think Liverpool were beaten there, they were prepared for that and defended well for the most part.
Was still a good game and some good drama.

Frodo
28-05-2018, 01:57 PM

2 things, Hazard would only be playing out wide at Madrid in place of Bale on the left. Isco would be more central and Neymar would be the other side.

However, since Sarri is pretty much locked in at Chelsea and Hazard is supposedly an admirer of him, I think Eden will stay at Chelsea for another year. Back peddling on that one pretty quickly.

Frodo
28-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Also, I thought Real were willing to let Modric leave for decent money and were focused on building around Kroos? Even Arsenal were linked with Modric a few months ago.

plague
28-05-2018, 02:54 PM
If they sell Modric and Kroos dead set their best combo is put Isco and Marcello central and save the cash.

Both those blokes better than 99% of top teams mids anyway.

StannyCFCJET
28-05-2018, 03:00 PM
If they sell Modric and Kroos dead set their best combo is put Isco and Marcello central and save the cash.

Both those blokes better than 99% of top teams mids anyway.

Luckily money isnt an issue for them

redwah
28-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Disappointed in the result as a Liverpool fan but still proud of the team and club...we did better than everyone else bar 1 team in the competition.
Thought the arm drag takedown changed the match and the keeping errors of course, but thats almost what i expect with Liverpool now days. Also doesnt help that they bring on a 75M player and we bring on 2 blokes that have played 16min combined in 2 months.
Have to say that if Bale missed that overhead the ball goes out for a throw in on the other side...it was a poor cross made look a worldy by the finish.

Fair play to Madrid..while i hate the ex manc all about me that plays for them it is a team built for the big moments.

Onwards and upwards for the reds.

plague
28-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Ok, who's career (combined player and manager) do you want right now.

Manager A: 13 league titles, 21 domestic/tin pot cups, 3 Champions League, 1 Olympic gold medal

Manager B: 4 league, 14 cups, 4 Champions League, 1 European Champions, 1 World Cup.

Manager C: 9 league, 13 cups, 2 Champions League.

Gogogogogogogo....

Bremsstrahlung
28-05-2018, 05:01 PM
I’ll have b thanks!

plague
28-05-2018, 05:16 PM
I’ll have b thanks!

Yeah I'm def picking B. The World Cup has to weight things massively (esp when he single handedly win the damn thing for 'em).

MFKS
28-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Yeah I'm def picking B. The World Cup has to weight things massively (esp when he single handedly win the damn thing for 'em).

I thought it was the Stasi like Clandestine French officials who sent Fat Ronny lame who won it for them??

That was more important than the Brazillians leaving Zidane unmarked on a couple of ****ing corners

Frodo
01-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Zidane you absolute legend.

Kicks in the door, wins 3 UCL titles in 2.5 years and then walks out like it was nothing.

I read the Pochettino is their main target. Levy probably only got him to sign a new contract the other day to remove any release clause so he could ask for massive compensation for him.

Allegri and Wenger are the other two names being touted. Imagine the scenes if Wenger wins the UCL with Real. Just imagine the scenes!

Jeterpool
01-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Zidane you absolute legend.

Kicks in the door, wins 3 UCL titles in 2.5 years and then walks out like it was nothing.

I read the Pochettino is their main target. Levy probably only got him to sign a new contract the other day to remove any release clause so he could ask for massive compensation for him.

Allegri and Wenger are the other two names being touted. Imagine the scenes if Wenger wins the UCL with Real. Just imagine the scenes!

Conte was another name suggested on a podcast I am listening to.

Frodo
01-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Conte was another name suggested on a podcast I am listening to.

Chelsea are in a pinch because they've moved on from Sarri (homophobic comments) and are struggling to find a Conte replacement. Last I heard they were going to sign Avram Grant for a year... Roman is having enough trouble getting back into the country long term isn't he?

I think the Poch link is very real, all the rest (especially the wenger link) would be just thrown around by journalists either way. Should be interesting to watch who comes in.

De-Champ
01-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Chelsea are in a pinch because they've moved on from Sarri (homophobic comments) and are struggling to find a Conte replacement. Last I heard they were going to sign Avram Grant for a year... Roman is having enough trouble getting back into the country long term isn't he?

I think the Poch link is very real, all the rest (especially the wenger link) would be just thrown around by journalists either way. Should be interesting to watch who comes in.

There is a rumour in the Italian press that Zidane is going to Juve, they did not say whether that was this year or next.

Frodo
01-06-2018, 10:39 AM
There is a rumour in the Italian press that Zidane is going to Juve, they did not say whether that was this year or next.

He's also linked with the French National Team if Deschamps doesn't do well at the World Cup.

Jeterpool
01-06-2018, 11:20 AM

He's also linked with the French National Team if Deschamps doesn't do well at the World Cup.

Juve was my first thought of his next move - a swap with Allegri. The national team is an interesting shout

StannyCFCJET
01-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Chelsea are still very much keen on Sarri but have Laurent Blanc as another option. Also good luck to whoever gets Conte if you dont bow down to his every demand.

Jeterpool
01-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Chelsea are still very much keen on Sarri but have Laurent Blanc as another option. Also good luck to whoever gets Conte if you dont bow down to his every demand.

Match made in heaven if he went to Madrid. Can't see there being an issue at all :rof:

MFKS
01-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Match made in heaven if he went to Madrid. Can't see there being an issue at all :rof:

Disagree Conti and Real are a match made in heaven

Real like to win

But they insist in winning in style

When Mourinhio was there he got them winning. Even broke the Barcelona dominance

****s were still unhappy with him and ran him out of town

Cant see Conte being popular in Madrid . It not like his football is gung ho attacking style wise

Similar to Mourinhio at ManU
He may well get them to win UCL or EPL

But he is going to have to do it with style to stay there long term

Frodo
01-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Disagree Conti and Real are a match made in heaven

Real like to win

But they insist in winning in style

When Mourinhio was there he got them winning. Even broke the Barcelona dominance

****s were still unhappy with him and ran him out of town

Cant see Conte being popular in Madrid . It not like his football is gung ho attacking style wise

Similar to Mourinhio at ManU
He may well get them to win UCL or EPL

But he is going to have to do it with style to stay there long term

I agree with this mostly. Real don't mind being a little bit pragmatic if it wins them the league and UCL.

Mourinho's downfall was starting fights with everyone he looked at and bringing the club into disrepute most weeks. Conte doesn't take shit but he doesn't start fights or insult everyone who isn't himself.

I actually have no idea who would fit into Real at the moment. You've got to either have brass balls or a decent CV to walk into that change room and start pushing people around.

Also, people are saying the reason Zidane left is because Real are about to do a massive overhaul. Too many older players losing legs.

A new set of Galacticos are on their way.

Let the chequebooks fly!!!

StannyCFCJET
01-06-2018, 02:10 PM
I agree with this mostly. Real don't mind being a little bit pragmatic if it wins them the league and UCL.

Mourinho's downfall was starting fights with everyone he looked at and bringing the club into disrepute most weeks. Conte doesn't take shit but he doesn't start fights or insult everyone who isn't himself.

I actually have no idea who would fit into Real at the moment. You've got to either have brass balls or a decent CV to walk into that change room and start pushing people around.

Also, people are saying the reason Zidane left is because Real are about to do a massive overhaul. Too many older players losing legs.

A new set of Galacticos are on their way.

Let the chequebooks fly!!!

Yes Conte does he's insulted our board all season and fell out with several of our Brazilians pretty hard

Jeterpool
01-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Yes Conte does he's insulted our board all season and fell out with several of our Brazilians pretty hard

So the Brazilians were left pulling their hair out?

StannyCFCJET
01-06-2018, 02:22 PM
So the Brazilians were left pulling their hair out?

I heard their getting hair regeneration like Conte

plague
01-06-2018, 11:02 PM
ok just read somewhere that Zidane did the Champions league hat trick on a net spend of 10 million pounds.

totally agree that Real have a fair base to start with. but still, geez thats impressive.

MFKS
02-06-2018, 01:52 AM
ok just read somewhere that Zidane did the Champions league hat trick on a net spend of 10 million pounds.

totally agree that Real have a fair base to start with. but still, geez thats impressive.

To be honest though they dont need to spend money on players to win the UCL though

Where Zidane has achieved is as a man manager.

The bloke has a huge ego yet has some how mastered and controlled the egos of his club and kept them.all happy and then had tge sideline show of CR7 to deal with

To do that for 1 season is great but to do it for 3 is amazing

That is some great physcological mental work there from him on a breathtaking scale

plague
02-06-2018, 08:35 AM
some how mastered and controlled the egos of his club

when you are the greatest player to ever set foot in that club no one, and i mean no one, gets to clap back at you.

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2018, 09:14 AM
He uses his head well.

MFKS
02-06-2018, 01:24 PM
when you are the greatest player to ever set foot in that club no one, and i mean no one, gets to clap back at you.

You think CR7 doesnt believe he is better than Zizou ??

I thinking CR7 sees it that way.

For whatever reason Zizou is doing a great job of keeping CR7 ego in check and not ketting the rest of them get upet that CR7 is the star and they not.

It a great balancing act that

Because everyone of thise players
Ramos
Kroos
Modric
Bale
Benzema
Etc

Are that great at what they do they coulidnt be that good without self belief and arrogance

Now they have to take a back seat and there are many of them doing it

Frodo
03-06-2018, 06:37 PM

For whatever reason Zizou is doing a great job of keeping CR7 ego in check and not ketting the rest of them get upet that CR7 is the star and they not.

It a great balancing act that

Because everyone of thise players
Ramos
Kroos
Modric
Bale
Benzema
Etc

Are that great at what they do they coulidnt be that good without self belief and arrogance

Now they have to take a back seat and there are many of them doing it

What's with all the logic and sense making going on in this thread, Zizou is so good he's even mastered the Foz.

plague
03-06-2018, 07:13 PM

of course.
Ronaldo def thinks hes better than Iniesta, Meradona and Griff too.

just because he thinks it, doesnt make it so.

Zidane is the best player to ever wear that shirt.
Ronaldo knows that one word from the boss and hes out. and its clear to everyone that losing Ronaldo wont impact that team very much. he has no leverage anymore. and to be honest none of them do.

lets see how much the diva antics from all of them ramp back up once the new boss gets there.

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2018, 07:50 PM
of course.
Ronaldo def thinks hes better than Iniesta, Meradona and Griff too.

just because he thinks it, doesnt make it so.

Zidane is the best player to ever wear that shirt.
Ronaldo knows that one word from the boss and hes out. and its clear to everyone that losing Ronaldo wont impact that team very much. he has no leverage anymore. and to be honest none of them do.

lets see how much the diva antics from all of them ramp back up once the new boss gets there.

Ronaldo is better then Inesista but

Frodo
03-06-2018, 08:45 PM

Hahaha. Plague, i'll leave this to you.

MFKS
03-06-2018, 08:54 PM

Yes Ronaldo was better than Iniesta

He scored twice as many goals in World Cup finals as Iniesta

plague
03-06-2018, 09:33 PM

of course you think that.

of course.

because if anyone knows a quality footballer when they see it, its def a John Terry fan.

plague
03-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Hahaha. Plague, i'll leave this to you.

oh its ok.
the good old Iniesta filter always gets them to tell on themselves eventually.

The Dunster
03-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Everyone knows the greatest player of all time was Irish. Neither Ronaldo or Iniesta are Irish.

plague
03-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Everyone knows the greatest player of all time was Irish. Neither Ronaldo or Iniesta are Irish.

not everyone was around when blokes were kicking round a goats head Dunster.
some of us dont know about ye olden times.

The Dunster
03-06-2018, 10:25 PM
not everyone was around when blokes were kicking round a goats head Dunster.
some of us dont know about ye olden times.

https://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/just_scale/public/tscouk_old_image/blog/Victorian.jpg?itok=01uN8NFB

MFKS
03-06-2018, 10:26 PM

Roy Keane wasnt a bad player back in the day but to have him above Griff Maradona and Pele is dead set taking the piss

The Dunster
03-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Roy Keane wasnt a bad player back in the day but to have him above Griff Maradona and Pele is dead set taking the piss

Gawd how young are you Member ?

George Best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJWWA-h_-5g

StannyCFCJET
04-06-2018, 12:15 PM
of course you think that.

of course.

because if anyone knows a quality footballer when they see it, its def a John Terry fan.

Close to the best defender in prem history so thanks

MFKS
04-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Gawd how young are you Member ?

George Best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJWWA-h_-5g

I knew who you were talking about

I dont rate Best that highly
He similar to Ibra

On their day thay can do shit no one else can do

But others do it more often

Some of the shit Ibra has done is mindblowing

But CR7 and Messi do it more often so are ahead of him

MFKS
04-06-2018, 12:57 PM

Keep telling yourself that

Vidic Stam were superior

Hell even Larry White at 37 was better than Terry in his prime

Jeterpool
04-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Vidic Stam were superior

And Jamie Carragher.

pv4
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
And Jamie Carragher.

:rof:

pv4
04-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Vidic Stam were superior

You haven't even listed the best Manure CB

Jeterpool
04-06-2018, 01:28 PM
:rof:

I don't know if that was the bite I was looking for but I'll take it :rof:

Jeterpool
04-06-2018, 01:28 PM
You haven't even listed the best Manure CB

Mikael Silvestre?

plague
04-06-2018, 01:38 PM
And Jamie Carragher.

JP over here hitting 3's while poor Stanny missing layups.

StannyCFCJET
04-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Vidic Stam were superior

Hahahahahaha Member always good for a few laughs

The Dunster
04-06-2018, 03:06 PM
I knew who you were talking about

I dont rate Best that highly
He similar to Ibra

On their day thay can do shit no one else can do

But others do it more often

Some of the shit Ibra has done is mindblowing

But CR7 and Messi do it more often so are ahead of him

There were no yellow or red cards until 1976 in English Football - meaning, defenders pretty much could chop / cut down players all day - and they did.. So, unlike Messi and CR7, Best was not a protected species and he had to contend with two footed tackles from behind, headbutts, elbows, rabbit punches... you name it.
Then you have the quogmire type pitches Best had to contend with and the leather ball......

CR7 and Messi are standouts in today's game - but I can't imagine either of them doing what Best did - certainly not Messi given his inability to win a game on his own.

Iniesta would have been great in any era.

The Dunster
04-06-2018, 03:12 PM

As voted by his team mates wives.

plague
04-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Although the debate about one ancient player being better than another is dumb and boring because the only correct answer is Iniesta, can you imagine a George Best or Maradona Instagram page or twitter feed?

F1 drivers and football players have only ever been the one proper representation of how awesome blokes can be.

David Beckham ruined it.

MFKS
04-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Hahahahahaha Member always good for a few laughs

Dont need to be good for a few laughs

Terry was not a better player than Jaap Stam
Terry was not a better player than Vidic
Terry was not a better player than French Larry White

They are facts deal with it.

If we want to even look at English players
Tony Adams
Rio Ferdinand

MFKS
04-06-2018, 05:47 PM
There were no yellow or red cards until 1976 in English Football - meaning, defenders pretty much could chop / cut down players all day - and they did.. So, unlike Messi and CR7, Best was not a protected species and he had to contend with two footed tackles from behind, headbutts, elbows, rabbit punches... you name it.
Then you have the quogmire type pitches Best had to contend with and the leather ball......

CR7 and Messi are standouts in today's game - but I can't imagine either of them doing what Best did - certainly not Messi given his inability to win a game on his own.

Iniesta would have been great in any era.
Not saying he wasnt great player

Just a bit of a hot and cold genius.

1 Europen Cup
2 League titles

Isnt a hell of a return for Best

Hard to compare him to the Pele Maradonas Messi CR7 etc when you got a thin resume like his

plague
04-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Pele is a FIFA creation.

At best a myth, at worst an out and out lie in order to make kiddies think there was a way from the street to the big time.

Pele pfffffttttt, get that garbage out of here.

StannyCFCJET
05-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Dont need to be good for a few laughs

Terry was not a better player than Jaap Stam
Terry was not a better player than Vidic
Terry was not a better player than French Larry White

They are facts deal with it.

If we want to even look at English players
Tony Adams
Rio Ferdinand

Facts?? Those players were as good no doubt as defenders but they couldn't ping a pass with their left and right like Terry and didn't posses the goal scoring power Terry has which is why he is the highest scoring defender in the prem

goaliepersempre
30-08-2018, 04:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SCHEISS RED BULL SALZBURG

ALLE BULLEN SIND SCHWEINE....

11 times and no success..... hahahaha

2 nil and you ****ed it up

Frodo
19-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Tottenham losing to Inter is just the best. Inter aren't even a strong team in Serie A and aren't expected to do much in the CL.

Can't wait to see them sent out at the group stage after 4 games and 1 point against PSV.

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Tottenham losing to Inter is just the best. Inter aren't even a strong team in Serie A and aren't expected to do much in the CL.

Can't wait to see them sent out at the group stage after 4 games and 1 point against PSV.

I wholeheartedly agree

MFKS
19-09-2018, 12:38 PM
I wholeheartedly agree

Dont forget to set your alarm to get up early to watch your team play in the UCL tomorrow

Frodo
19-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Dont forget to set your alarm to get up early to watch your team play in the UCL tomorrow

Hey we all know these silly Champions league games are just to prepare people for the No 1 cup comp in Europe. We are playing a team that I can't even pronounce the name of, that's how exclusive this comp is. Europa League is best league, fact.

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Hey we all know these silly Champions league games are just to prepare people for the No 1 cup comp in Europe. We are playing a team that I can't even pronounce the name of, that's how exclusive this comp is. Europa League is best league, fact.

You must be jealous your not playing Videoton

baldrick
19-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Exactly. The important European games are always on Fridays

Jeterpool
20-09-2018, 10:02 AM
#PrayforRonny

Frodo
21-09-2018, 11:00 AM
#PrayforRonny

That was most funny.

Frodo
21-09-2018, 11:02 AM
In news that will shock no one. Arsenal are just out and about crushing all the European giants they can find. They should just hand us the UEL trophy now and save everyone the embarrassment.

plague
21-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Let's be real tho, Bayern gonna fail in UCL and get flushed down just in time to meet you in the quarters.

Jeterpool
21-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Let's be real tho, Bayern gonna fail in UCL and get flushed down just in time to meet you in the quarters.

I would LOL so so hard.

Speaking of Bayern, hard not to feel happy for Renato Sanchez. Bloke has had a terrible 2 years - good for him he got a goal.

Bon
21-09-2018, 01:36 PM
I would LOL so so hard.

Speaking of Bayern, hard not to feel happy for Renato Sanchez. Bloke has had a terrible 2 years - good for him he got a goal.

Yeah, true that..

Frodo
21-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Why would you do this to me? Why?

Seriously tho, Bayern look pretty good again this year. They have the cover for Robben and Ribery (Lewandowski a little bit as well) so that they can be rested during the regular season and save them a bit for UCL. Bayern would be my favourites at this very early stage to win the whole thing.

Then we can face them in the super cup next year and lose....

StannyCFCJET
21-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Why would you do this to me? Why?

Seriously tho, Bayern look pretty good again this year. They have the cover for Robben and Ribery (Lewandowski a little bit as well) so that they can be rested during the regular season and save them a bit for UCL. Bayern would be my favourites at this very early stage to win the whole thing.

I can tell you how to beat Bayern if you want?

Jeterpool
21-09-2018, 02:38 PM

This is why you're a great poster

Frodo
22-09-2018, 07:18 AM
This is why you're a great poster

High compliment from a legend such as yourself.

StannyCFCJET
05-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Never understood Frodo's Europa League stuff about it being the superior competition. But now that I'm watching it live I totally get it. The Champions League is a tin pot league in comparison

Frodo
06-10-2018, 07:54 AM
If anyone who cares about the English National team wants to see the future, they should watch the Arsenal game and the Dortmund game.

Emile Smith Rowe, from Arsenal, will be in the squad in a year or two given his current improvements. So calm and talented, plus hard working. Has everything you need to succeed.

Jordan Sancho, who just got called up for the friendly with James Maddison from Leicester, will also be a mainstay for years to come. The new assist king it seems. Good to see them getting minutes against 1st team opposition instead of some of the other talent being stacked on benches at Citeh and Chelsea.

Premy
06-10-2018, 08:54 AM
If anyone who cares about the English National team wants to see the future, they should watch the Arsenal game and the Dortmund game.

Emile Smith Rowe, from Arsenal, will be in the squad in a year or two given his current improvements. So calm and talented, plus hard working. Has everything you need to succeed.

Jordan Sancho, who just got called up for the friendly with James Maddison from Leicester, will also be a mainstay for years to come. The new assist king it seems. Good to see them getting minutes against 1st team opposition instead of some of the other talent being stacked on benches at Citeh and Chelsea.
One thing I always look at is how many English players Premier League clubs have in their first XI. If the 5+6 rule ever came in it would kill some of the "Big Clubs", last weekend Chelsea V Liverpool, Chelsea had one English player come off the bench where as Liverpool had 4 start and 1 come off the bench.
There are some really talented young English players coming through evident by England being the current U/17 and U/20 World Champions. Phil Fodden at City is one that needs to go out on loan and also a kid by the name of Rhian Brewster at Liverpool needs some first team action.

Frodo
06-10-2018, 09:31 AM
One thing I always look at is how many English players Premier League clubs have in their first XI. If the 5+6 rule ever came in it would kill some of the "Big Clubs", last weekend Chelsea V Liverpool, Chelsea had one English player come off the bench where as Liverpool had 4 start and 1 come off the bench.
There are some really talented young English players coming through evident by England being the current U/17 and U/20 World Champions. Phil Fodden at City is one that needs to go out on loan and also a kid by the name of Rhian Brewster at Liverpool needs some first team action.

Brewster is just coming back from injury I think, he was probably going on loan until that happened. But yeah, quick feet and direct.

Mason Mount never played a minute for Chelsea, went to Vitesse and did well, went to Derby and is in the hunt for the national team. He will never get a shot at Chelsea. Hopefully these young kids start seeing the light and moving on if they don't have a pathway to the 1st team. There are so many good young players working their way from the Championship into the EPL instead of playing in youth teams until they are 23.

StannyCFCJET
06-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Brewster is just coming back from injury I think, he was probably going on loan until that happened. But yeah, quick feet and direct.

Mason Mount never played a minute for Chelsea, went to Vitesse and did well, went to Derby and is in the hunt for the national team. He will never get a shot at Chelsea. Hopefully these young kids start seeing the light and moving on if they don't have a pathway to the 1st team. There are so many good young players working their way from the Championship into the EPL instead of playing in youth teams until they are 23.

Sadly I agree. Mason Mount is incredible.

Frodo
25-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Athletico Madrid have just been utterly dominated by Borussia Dortmund this morning. They looked absolutely average and got spanked. Could have haven been 7-0 if Dortmund had taken some other easy chances.

Costa and Greizman were woeful, Costa even tried to start his usual fights with little affect. It was beautiful.

Gotze standing in Goden's face unerringly was beautiful to watch. Simeone could only appluad Dortmund after the game it was so comprehensive.

Great game of football, would watch again.
(Tottenham losing was also great.)

De-Champ
25-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Athletico Madrid have just been utterly dominated by Borussia Dortmund this morning. They looked absolutely average and got spanked. Could have haven been 7-0 if Dortmund had taken some other easy chances.

Costa and Greizman were woeful, Costa even tried to start his usual fights with little affect. It was beautiful.

Gotze standing in Goden's face unerringly was beautiful to watch. Simeone could only appluad Dortmund after the game it was so comprehensive.

Tottenham had a draw.

Macca
25-10-2018, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up, will try to give it a watch.
Dortmund seem to just get their attackers to flourish season after season, no matter who it is that those attackers are.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
25-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Tottenham had a draw.

Loss or draw fairly irrelevant.
We needed a win to have a real shot at catching Inter.
But you are right, Frodo and his alternate Arsenal biased reality were a bit off on the result.

goaliepersempre
25-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Dortmund under Favre are having a good Season for a very Young side in the league and now in Championsleague.

IT wasnt all one sided, Madrid had chances hitting the bar etc...

Dortmund just way more clinical and Favre making the changes that he did allowed the team to Blow out the score.

Frodo
25-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Loss or draw fairly irrelevant.
We needed a win to have a real shot at catching Inter.
But you are right, Frodo and his alternate Arsenal biased reality were a bit off on the result.

True, on all accounts including the reality I choose to live in. I thought the Red card was also a penalty converted. Then a 3rd goal. I hadn't watched any highlights, just briefly read an article. Will watch all the highlights tomorrow after the real competition finishes to get my sh&t straight.

Genuinely worried about our travel to Portugal, Sporting are a good side. But if we win this one, the cup is basically ours.

StannyCFCJET
25-10-2018, 09:46 PM
True, on all accounts including the reality I choose to live in. I thought the Red card was also a penalty converted. Then a 3rd goal. I hadn't watched any highlights, just briefly read an article. Will watch all the highlights tomorrow after the real competition finishes to get my sh&t straight.

Genuinely worried about our travel to Portugal, Sporting are a good side. But if we win this one, the cup is basically ours.

The cup is yours hmmmm

Frodo
26-10-2018, 07:09 AM
The cup is yours hmmmm

Wrap it all up. It's coming home boys. Arsenal 2018/19 Champions League and Europa League winners. (We won this one so easy they gave us the other tin pot cup as well)

Frodo
26-10-2018, 08:35 AM
Just saw this one

Welbz has more goals in all comps this season than the following players:

Roberto Firmino, Alexis Sanchez, Alvaro Morata, Romelu Lukaku, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Marcus Rashford, and Raheem Sterling and he’s level with Cristiano Ronaldo.

That is all.

That's not bad considering how little game time he gets and.how many fans complain when he gets called up to the England squad most times.

Premy
26-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Just saw this one

That's not bad considering how little game time he gets and.how many fans complain when he gets called up to the England squad most times.

His scored 5 goals, 2 of those have been in the league cup against Brentford.
Calm down.

Frodo
26-10-2018, 09:17 AM
His scored 5 goals, 2 of those have been in the league cup against Brentford.
Calm down.

Sorry, I meant the quote thing is a funny. But the fact that's he's scored 5 goals in very few minutes is great for us and England. Not saying he is on the same level as that players in that list,

plague
26-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Sorry, I meant the quote thing is a funny. But the fact that's he's scored 5 goals in very few minutes is great for us and England. Not saying he is on the same level as that players in that list,

He is better though.
Caaarrrnnn the Arsenals.
I've been a lifelong fan.
Favorite team etc etc.

plague
07-11-2018, 07:54 PM
hahahahahahahahahhaahha
**** that gypo turd.

MFKS
08-11-2018, 01:36 PM
So this mornings game Man U v Juve

Got to love Mo giving the big ones to the Juve crowd at FT

Absolute special seeing him do it knowing full well it will be coming back his way with interest from someone else and he will blow up deluxe about it

Frodo
09-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Don't have any jokes today. Just sad about Welbz.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2018, 01:26 PM
What actually happened??, I heard he needed gas when he was stretchered off

Frodo
09-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Broken Ankle. Looks bad.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2018, 01:37 PM
****, He was doing well for you as well

Bremsstrahlung
29-11-2018, 08:18 AM
If I could have one thing out of this game it’d be Henderson or Milner going through Neymar and giving him something legitimate to moan about.

Veratti is class.

Frodo
12-12-2018, 08:29 AM
VVD with a very strong yellow card there. Almost screwed the pooch very early on. He will score the winner now to send them through.

Spuds already losing to half of the Barca team and some kids.

Jeterpool
12-12-2018, 08:43 AM
VVD with a very strong yellow card there. Almost screwed the pooch very early on. He will score the winner now to send them through.

Spuds already losing to half of the Barca team and some kids.

You have a great deal of interest in the 2nd tier European competition. I think it's good.

Bon
12-12-2018, 08:47 AM
You have a great deal of interest in the 2nd tier European competition. I think it's good.

:lulzturtle:

Frodo
12-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Everyone loves an underdog.

I'm also very interested to see who gets promoted to the Europa league. Napoli will be tough if they hold on and make it.

Looking forward to knocking Spuds out of the comp in a month or so. It's gonna crush Pochettino.

Can't wait for Sainsbury to give up a free kick in the 90th minute and Icardi to equalise to send Inter through and Spuds out.

Frodo
12-12-2018, 09:12 AM
PSV seem to play with an inverted target man.

De Jong drops in to win headers and do the defensive work, as well as make passes like a traditional 10, and Hirving Lozarno sits in the shoulder and creates width/depth/pace. Works well when they won't have much ball.

Ref must have been an Aussie and watched the 2006 world cups, giving the Italians nothing.

Frodo
12-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Klopp has to make a sub here. Napoli are all over them and Liverpools front 3 look tired.

Bon
12-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Klopp has to make a sub here. Napoli are all over them and Liverpools front 3 look tired.

I'm at work and can't see it.. But all I know is I'm watching the text feed and hoping for another goal from either Liverpool OR Redstar..

Edit: Scrap that, its 3-1 now, fvck Belgrade..

Jeterpool
12-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Need to see this out now.

Bon
12-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Need to see this out now.

We need to win by 2 though, don't we??

Jeterpool
12-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Nope, 1-0. If they scored Liverpool needed to win by 2 or more (e.g. 3-1). Draw or other and Napoli would progress.

Watch that save right at the end from Allison. The guy is incredible and just paid for his transfer fee.

Bon
12-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Nope, 1-0. If they scored Liverpool needed to win by 2 or more (e.g. 3-1). Draw or other and Napoli would progress.

Watch that save right at the end from Allison. The guy is incredible and just paid for his transfer fee.

Well sh!t.. Thanks mate, I'll take it!!

Frodo
12-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Liverpool through deservedly. Napoli will feel crap going into Europa league with 9 points. Very small margin between the top 3 in this group. All could have gone on the quarter finals at least. Well done Liverpool.

Tottenham through very undeservedly. PSV were plucky but didn't deserve a point against Inter. Barca started 4 1st team players and still spuds couldn't beat them. No one will fear playing spuds in the knock out rounds.

Frodo
12-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Milik did well, Allison made himself big. Well done all round.

MFKS
12-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Everyone loves an underdog.

I'm also very interested to see who gets promoted to the Europa league. Napoli will be tough if they hold on and make it.

Looking forward to knocking Spuds out of the comp in a month or so. It's gonna crush Pochettino.

Can't wait for Sainsbury to give up a free kick in the 90th minute and Icardi to equalise to send Inter through and Spuds out.

So when this Arsenal V Spuds in the Europa League tie on ??

StannyCFCJET
12-12-2018, 05:22 PM
So when this Arsenal V Spuds in the Europa League tie on ??

Spuds arnt good enough for the Europa league

MFKS
12-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Spuds arnt good enough for the Europa league

On another note how pathetic was Gypo Sainsburys defending for Icardis goal??

Where are his fanboys now ??

Bloke is over rated as all ****

StannyCFCJET
12-12-2018, 06:27 PM
On another note how pathetic was Gypo Sainsburys defending for Icardis goal??

Where are his fanboys now ??

Bloke is over rated as all ****

Milligan and Degenak are my Aussie CBs atm

Bon
13-12-2018, 10:16 AM
I can't wait to compare Roy's sentence to how many week(s) Muller will get for his flying head kick ..

Jeterpool
13-12-2018, 11:08 AM
I can't wait to compare Roy's sentence to how many week(s) Muller will get for his flying head kick ..

I can't wait for the Premier European competition action tomorrow.

Bon
13-12-2018, 11:10 AM

Stop getting Frodo all worked up.. :gent:

StannyCFCJET
13-12-2018, 11:39 AM

You should join it less chance of losing a final oh wait

Jeterpool
13-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Liverpool are a generous team who keep on giving.

Bremsstrahlung
13-12-2018, 01:17 PM

Even less chance of losing a semi final.

goaliepersempre
13-12-2018, 07:11 PM
when the groups have nothing real to play for.... FFS Tipping....

goaliepersempre
13-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Watch muller get the usual 3 week ban.... despite I reckon worse of a challenge then Roy....

StannyCFCJET
14-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Anyone seen once again Spanish police and stewards acting like complete ****s to English away fans yet again. When will UEFA step in and do something. Happens every time an English side plays in Spain

MFKS
14-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Anyone seen once again Spanish police and stewards acting like complete ****s to English away fans yet again. When will UEFA step in and do something. Happens every time an English side plays in Spain

What is your complaint??

The same Spanish stewards you are trying to shit can comfortably dealt with River and Boca fans in the same stadium for the first time in 6 years the other day and the nature of that occassion was highly emotive on a biblical level of passion

Frodo
14-12-2018, 04:53 PM
What is your complaint??

The same Spanish stewards you are trying to shit can comfortably dealt with River and Boca fans in the same stadium for the first time in 6 years the other day and the nature of that occassion was highly emotive on a biblical level of passion

Yeah I had 2 questions when I saw the recent report from the Barca game.

1. Spuds have supporters???

2. Why is it always English teams who have run ins with the Spanish Security? And the same with Italian security? Maybe they are all just D$&ks?

Frodo
14-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Chelsea supporters get in trouble for racially abusing Sterling last week and then decide the best thing to is to sing anti semetic chants in the 3rd minute of their next game??? Idiots much?

I know it's only an extremely small section of fans and all clubs have them so don't think this is Chelsea bashing... But surely you give it at least a week before doing it again.

MFKS
14-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Chelsea supporters get in trouble for racially abusing Sterling last week and then decide the best thing to is to sing anti semetic chants in the 3rd minute of their next game??? Idiots much?

I know it's only an extremely small section of fans and all clubs have them so don't think this is Chelsea bashing... But surely you give it at least a week before doing it again.

Thats actually your fault

Your actually giving these idiots credit for having some intelligence or actually having a clue

They are obviously lacking in the first place

goaliepersempre
14-12-2018, 06:35 PM
frankfurt Fans in Rome last night :wub::wub:

StannyCFCJET
14-12-2018, 07:12 PM
What is your complaint??

My complaint is why do Stewards have batons and surely hitting fans unprovoked or changing their route to the stadium so Spanish firms can jump them is something that should be allowed to continue

StannyCFCJET
14-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Yeah I had 2 questions when I saw the recent report from the Barca game.

1. Spuds have supporters???

2. Why is it always English teams who have run ins with the Spanish Security? And the same with Italian security? Maybe they are all just D$&ks?

Maybe do some research into the issue before jumping to conclusions. Same shit happens in France with test gas used to help fans leave and enter their section

plague
14-12-2018, 07:41 PM
2. Why is it always English teams who have run ins with the Spanish Security? And the same with Italian security?

Middle aged white men are the most persecuted group on the planet.
one day they hope to rise up and secure the power and wealth that has been withheld from them for generations.

plague
14-12-2018, 07:43 PM
oh and if you've ever actually been to countries like Spain/German etc you'll know full well their cops dont play.

Pommies for generations have thought their shit will fly with the local federalies.
it doesnt.

goaliepersempre
14-12-2018, 08:47 PM
mimimimimi chelsea fans...

goaliepersempre
14-12-2018, 08:48 PM
oh and if you've ever actually been to countries like Spain/German etc you'll know full well their cops dont play.

Pommies for generations have thought their shit will fly with the local federalies.
it doesnt.

yup most of mainland europe its like this... hell even in switzerland at times. the other week even though arent allowed cops totally fenced us in and where unable to freely move... very lucky it dont not go off.

goaliepersempre
14-12-2018, 08:49 PM
i think its also people take to much liberties in the amount of freedom they have...

MFKS
14-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Maybe do some research into the issue before jumping to conclusions. Same shit happens in France with test gas used to help fans leave and enter their section

Jumping to conclusions

How come everytime the English travel you get this shit from them??

It aint a 1 off and has been happening for 30/40 years

Rare to see this shit from 9ther countries support but it almost a nailed on certainty when the English are on tour

MFKS
14-12-2018, 09:52 PM
My complaint is why do Stewards have batons and surely hitting fans unprovoked or changing their route to the stadium so Spanish firms can jump them is something that should be allowed to continue

Yeah yeah yeah

I am sure not 1 of those Spuds fans playing the victim now did neither do nor say a thing to warrant a smacking

#Sarcasm

Typical soft ****s

Happy to dish it out but as soon as they get a bit back their way have a sulk and play the victim

Frodo
15-12-2018, 09:00 AM

I think you of all people should know I do my research before posting on these fine forums. I'm pretty much the smartest man on earth right now. I even won $1 million on a "who wants to be a millionaire" phone game one time and everything.

But to your point, I'm not saying security teams are good guys and only react to opposition supporters in a calm and rational manner... But English fans think they are going to get away with the same things they do at home and are shocked when Euro cops and what not don't take their shit. It's pretty funny actually.

StannyCFCJET
15-12-2018, 09:18 AM
I think you of all people should know I do my research before posting on these fine forums. I'm pretty much the smartest man on earth right now. I even won $1 million on a "who wants to be a millionaire" phone game one time and everything.

But to your point, I'm not saying security teams are good guys and only react to opposition supporters in a calm and rational manner... But English fans think they are going to get away with the same things they do at home and are shocked when Euro cops and what not don't take their shit. It's pretty funny actually.

What things are they trying to get away with? Making their way to their seats unharmed?

Frodo
15-12-2018, 09:50 AM
What things are they trying to get away with? Making their way to their seats unharmed?

Don't believe everything you read on Twitter Stanny. A couple of spuds fans were in the wrong seats. Stewards tried to move them and they didn't comply immediately. Security was called and they came in all guns blazing, which caused the issue.. but then Spuds further up didn't like that and started getting rowdy so it all started getting all smacky with the batons.

Everyone involved could have stopped the issue early than they did.
No one got hurt.
EPL fans are still d$&ks.

StannyCFCJET
15-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Don't believe everything you read on Twitter Stanny. A couple of spuds fans were in the wrong seats. Stewards tried to move them and they didn't comply immediately. Security was called and they came in all guns blazing, which caused the issue.. but then Spuds further up didn't like that and started getting rowdy so it all started getting all smacky with the batons.

Everyone involved could have stopped the issue early than they did.
No one got hurt.
EPL fans are still d$&ks.

I've got friends who went to Barcelona last year with Chelsea and so I know first hand majority of the shit was unprovoked. You will also find alot of tickets numbers those seats dont exist and you get shoved into the away bay.

Of course there are English fans who are dickheads but that doesnt give Spanish stewerds the rights to hit people with batons to solve any situation violent or not

Frodo
15-12-2018, 10:22 AM
I've got friends who went to Barcelona last year with Chelsea and so I know first hand majority of the shit was unprovoked. You will also find alot of tickets numbers those seats dont exist and you get shoved into the away bay.

Of course there are English fans who are dickheads but that doesnt give Spanish stewerds the rights to hit people with batons to solve any situation violent or not

Welcome to the real world Stanny, you'll be much less happy now that you know how shit the world actually is. Stewards are doodles, fans are racist doodles, opposing fans are doodles. Everyone sucks, but if a secco busts out a baton, don't walk around in an angry group of football fans making him feel like he needs to act. Walk away, or at least get out of his way and do what he says.

StannyCFCJET
15-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the real world Stanny, you'll be much less happy now that you know how shit the world actually is. Stewards are doodles, fans are racist doodles, opposing fans are doodles. Everyone sucks, but if a secco busts out a baton, don't walk around in an angry group of football fans making him feel like he needs to act. Walk away, or at least get out of his way and do what he says.

You cant walk away and if you so much as even look at them for too long they attack you with the batton which is the issue.

plague
15-12-2018, 10:32 AM
that doesnt give Spanish stewerds the rights to hit people with batons to solve any situation violent or not

nah man. if you've got a baton and a badge over there you absolutely have every right to start swinging.

MFKS
17-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Schalke v Man C
Atletico Madrid v Juventus
Man U v PSG
Spuds v Dortmund
Lyon v Barca
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Scousers v Bayern Munich

Premy
17-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Schalke v Man C City
Atletico Madrid v Juventus Juve
Man U v PSG PSG
Spuds v Dortmund Dortmund
Lyon v Barca Barca
Roma v Porto Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid Ajax
Scousers v Bayern Munich Pool
Predictions

plague
18-12-2018, 08:44 PM
The first article i read about this said that Spurs 'have the advantage' over Dortmund.

i had to burn my computer.

plague
18-12-2018, 08:46 PM
looking forward to Ajax v Real though, that Ajax team is full of kids that arent afraid. Real either gonna show their dad strength, or shit the bed. its never anything in between at the moment.

Frodo
18-12-2018, 09:09 PM
The first article i read about this said that Spurs 'have the advantage' over Dortmund.

i had to burn my computer.

They have the advantage of being massive underdogs.

MFKS
18-12-2018, 09:09 PM
looking forward to Ajax v Real though, that Ajax team is full of kids that arent afraid. Real either gonna show their dad strength, or shit the bed. its never anything in between at the moment.

More importantly how do Barca always seem to get weak opponents??

They could have got a team that would test them like Liverpool or Roma but always seem to get a French or Portugese team to roll through

On another note this BS about no team from same Country is shit

Why cant we had a Manc derby or a Madrid derby ??

plague
18-12-2018, 09:35 PM

yeah that is a weird one.
from next round on isnt it a free for all?
i dont see why they cant start it in the round of 16 either.

StannyCFCJET
18-12-2018, 09:38 PM
More importantly how do Barca always seem to get weak opponents??

They could have got a team that would test them like Liverpool or Roma but always seem to get a French or Portugese team to roll through

Messi is and always will be your answer

MFKS
18-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Messi is and always will be your answer

The bizarre thing is how often they avoid the banana skin games until the semis

Consider how successful they and Real have been in the UCL in the last 10/15 years that they have only met 1 time is bizarre

baldrick
18-12-2018, 10:11 PM

I reckon it happens to other country's teams; we just don't hear about it

StannyCFCJET
18-12-2018, 11:14 PM
The bizarre thing is how often they avoid the banana skin games until the semis

Consider how successful they and Real have been in the UCL in the last 10/15 years that they have only met 1 time is bizarre

Yet Chelsea use to meet liverpool every year and even had them in the group stage in 05/06

MFKS
18-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Yet Chelsea use to meet liverpool every year and even had them in the group stage in 05/06

So exactly what are you moaning about

Liverpool were no hopers in those days same with Chelsea

StannyCFCJET
19-12-2018, 10:08 AM
So exactly what are you moaning about

Liverpool were no hopers in those days same with Chelsea

The lack of consistency from UEFA same as you were.

Frodo
22-02-2019, 08:15 AM
For those wondering, Arsenal won the Europa League trophy this morning 3-0 and are now into the last 8 of the Champions League in place of whichever team dodged the FFP regulations the best. (At the moment it's a tight race between Manchester Oil Lamps and Paris Saint Chicken Farmers)

Frodo
22-02-2019, 10:00 AM
WOW. Bayer Leverksen are out to Russian side Krasnodar!! They were one of the teams I was most worried about.

Final 16 is as follows for those who care about proper European Football.

Sevilla
Red Bull Salzburg
Eintracht Frankfurt
Villarreal (Santi Cazorla you absolute legend of the game)
Dinamo Zagreb
Zenit St Petersburg
Valencia
Napoli (Must be the biggest favourites to win)
Arsenal
Slavia Prague
Inter Milan
FC Kransnodar
Benfica (didn't look amazing but got the job done)
Rennes
Chelsea
Dynamo Kyiv

Napoli must be heavy favourites.

De-Champ
22-02-2019, 10:26 AM
WOW. Bayer Leverksen are out to Russian side Krasnodar!! They were one of the teams I was most worried about.

Sevilla
Red Bull Salzburg
Eintracht Frankfurt
Dinamo Zagreb
Zenit St Petersburg
Valencia
Arsenal
Slavia Prague
Inter Milan
FC Kransnodar
Rennes
Chelsea
Dynamo Kyiv

Why? Napoli are saying they have achieved their goal, they have done better than previous year etc. So looks like they are happy making it this far.

Frodo
22-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Why? Napoli are saying they have achieved their goal, they have done better than previous year etc. So looks like they are happy making it this far.

They half arsed this knock out tie and still made it through comfortably.

Juve are about to be knocked out of the UCL by Atletico and will then have to focus on a record points Serie A win and Napoli won't have a chance of beating them to any titles at home. So instead, Napoli will focus on the UEL to give them a trophy and will smack everyone else left in the comp in the mouth.

MFKS
22-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Sevilla
Red Bull Salzburg
Eintracht Frankfurt
Dinamo Zagreb
Zenit St Petersburg
Valencia
Arsenal
Slavia Prague
Inter Milan
FC Kransnodar
Rennes
Chelsea
Dynamo Kyiv

How about Sevilla??

They win it enough times in recent years

Frodo
22-02-2019, 12:52 PM
How about Sevilla??

They win it enough times in recent years

They'd be my second favourite. But no way they beat Napoli if they take this seriously. Might do us or Chelsea tho, but im not confident in either of us on current form.

Plus the coach who won those 3 UELs has moved on...not sure where he went

Captain Obvious
22-02-2019, 01:02 PM

His name is Unai Emery and he currently coaches Arsenal in the English Premier League.

Frodo
22-02-2019, 04:02 PM
His name is Unai Emery and he currently coaches Arsenal in the English Premier League.

Always loved your work Captain.

MFKS
23-02-2019, 12:26 AM
They'd be my second favourite. But no way they beat Napoli if they take this seriously. Might do us or Chelsea tho, but im not confident in either of us on current form.

Bloke has weaker talent at his disposal in Nth London

No doubt Napoli are a good side but to me Sevilla are the team to beat here

Same as Barca in the UCL

Someone has to knock them out or they gonna win it

plague
23-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Same as Barca in the UCL

Someone has to knock them out or they gonna win it

cant believe the good Member has cracked the code on how knockout tournaments work.

Please do cancer next.

Cheers,
Plague.

Frodo
06-03-2019, 09:28 AM
UCL is fairly weird this morning. Real playing as impotent as a retirement home orgy and Dortmund unable to break down a spurs team who have been crying all week about having 24 hrs less recovery time.

Barca must be licking their lips looking at who's left, other than City. Everyone left with a chance is either full of injuries or not playing well enough in Europe.

Frodo
06-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Wow, that free kick is impossible to save for any keeper in the history of football. That is amazing.

Frodo
06-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Also, before all the circle jerking starts from people about Ajax they were good today but they won't trouble anyone else. Real have been so bad it's almost hard to watch. Benzema just slipped over from 4 yards in front of goal with the keeper beat, that sums up the game from them.

Solari won't even make it back to the change room before he is sacked.

plague
06-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Madrid continually neglecting the best combination they've had for the past few years (Isco to Asensio) has to be on the coach.
They keep chucking all these wingers out there and want Modric to handle everything else.

they've been poor all season. Great performance by Ajax though.

Its gotta be Barcas to lose now, i dont think they'll be bothered by City one small bit.

plague
06-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Solari won't even make it back to the change room before he is sacked.

The Foxsports football panel have all agreed that Graham Arnold is the only bloke to sort the mess out in Madrid.

MFKS
06-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Madrid continually neglecting the best combination they've had for the past few years (Isco to Asensio) has to be on the coach.
They keep chucking all these wingers out there and want Modric to handle everything else.

they've been poor all season. Great performance by Ajax though.

Its gotta be Barcas to lose now, i dont think they'll be bothered by City one small bit.

So no love for PSG??

Because Neymar be back in 1 month so he be back for the Semis Final if they get there

Other than that they could be a big threat

Atletico could also be a big threat

Hey I agree Messilona is favourite but the reality is that Spuds wont win is about tge only certainty in the UCL this season

Jeterpool
06-03-2019, 02:03 PM
I wonder how Sergio Ramos is feeling right now...

plague
06-03-2019, 02:46 PM
So no love for PSG??

Because Neymar be back in 1 month so he be back for the Semis Final if they get there

Other than that they could be a big threat

Atletico could also be a big threat

Hey I agree Messilona is favourite but the reality is that Spuds wont win is about tge only certainty in the UCL this season

Yeah I'd put Athletico with a big chance but disqualified them as no one has won it on their home deck yeah?

Are PSG any good though? Thought you'd class them and City as flat track bullies.

Wouldn't shock me if a team like United made a run like Liverpool did last year. Peaking at the right time, no chance of domestic success etc etc etc.

Would have tipped Celtic but Arzani getting injured ruined them.

Everyone else is trash.

plague
06-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Prob on the phone to Ronaldo bitching about how trash Bale is.

StannyCFCJET
06-03-2019, 03:11 PM

You'd take him at liverpool in a heartbeat

Frodo
06-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Two things.

They wouldn't waste the money he would cost on a position they have 2 starters in. Plus he wouldn't suit playing beside VVD, they are too similar.

Also why would he leave Real when he can do whatever he likes and be treated like the legend that he is no matter what? Him missing this game and them losing 4-1 is just more reason his agent will use for a payrise.

Jeterpool
06-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Nah

Jeterpool
06-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Prob on the phone to Ronaldo bitching about how trash Bale is.

This is probably the truth