PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Macca
09-05-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......

My apologies, I didn't mean to target you as such, your post was just along the lines of many other sentiments I've seen which is more so what I was addressing with my post.

I think there's a lot of people who mainly watch the English league who have the impression that "their" league is very even and competitive and most others are one or two horse races and have opponents blown past weekly without breaking a sweat, which is simply not the case.

Regarding Europa, the English teams probably *should* be dominant in it, if they have a fair crack. The disparity in money at the 5th and 6th placed English teams compared to other leagues' Europa qualifying teams is quite funny.
Other countries do seem to spend their money far more wisely somehow, in general. Maybe more willing to gamble on "roughies" or different coaching methods.

Its always fascinating seeing the different leagues clash in European competition, we get to have discussions like this.

plague
09-05-2019, 03:55 PM
I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......

oh i took this as a resounding endorsement, due to him once playing for Man U, that you are definitively saying that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

MFKS
09-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Up until recently it was only a top 4 and one or two of the teams always had an off season.
This years top 6 is bloody impressive considering how strong some of the other teams in the comp can be on their day.

Stop calling it a top 6

Man U are ****ing garbage. They ain't even close to the Top 5 at the moment

On another note the UCL should be scrapped from now on

Spuds have not won a League title since 1961 that is 58 years ago
They ain't won a trophy in 11 years

Scousers haven't won a League title since 1990 that is 29 years ago
They ain't won a trophy in 7 years

That these two teams are in the competition when they ain't been CHAMPIONS in **** knows how long is a farce

MFKS
09-05-2019, 08:21 PM
That defending from Ajax was comical

A side defending a 3 goal lead at home for a spot in the biggest Euro club game were making errors that even Boogaard doesn't make

All over the show

They may have some talent but a lot of those players are severely lacking in game smarts

Some of the decision making Ajax showed in the last 45 mins was mind blowingly lacking in intelligence

redwah
09-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Stop calling it a top 6

That these two teams are in the competition when they ain't been CHAMPIONS in **** knows how long is a farce

Of the 13 champions league/ European cups Real Madrid have won they weren’t champions of Spain 7 times.....

plague
09-05-2019, 09:34 PM

oh, here comes the Member in for the hottest of hot takes
https://media3.giphy.com/media/100QoSU9uTFU64/200w.webp?cid=790b76115cd401247a3270476341119f&rid=200w.webp
https://media2.giphy.com/media/mY2q7XrbBoXDO/200w.webp?cid=790b76115cd401702f41674c77a117dc&rid=200w.webp
https://media3.giphy.com/media/Yddx0KX0glfDW/200.webp?cid=790b76115cd40195416d447a2e7466c3&rid=200.webp

Frodo
09-05-2019, 10:16 PM
That defending from Ajax was comical

A side defending a 3 goal lead at home for a spot in the biggest Euro club game were making errors that even Boogaard doesn't make

All over the show

They may have some talent but a lot of those players are severely lacking in game smarts

Some of the decision making Ajax showed in the last 45 mins was mind blowingly lacking in intelligence

It's almost as if the Ajax team was basically a bunch of kids?? I wonder if that had something to do with it?

And somehow the 3rd best team in the richest football league in the world managed to scrape past them in the 6th minute of injury time on away goals.

plague
09-05-2019, 10:39 PM
It's almost as if the Ajax team was basically a bunch of kids?? I wonder if that had something to do with it?

pffffft.
One Direction had like a bunch of Number 1's by the time they were 16.
These Ajax players are obviously never gonna make it and should be sacked immediately.

MFKS
09-05-2019, 10:50 PM

And somehow the 3rd best team in the richest football league in the world managed to scrape past them in the 6th minute of injury time on away goals.

Kids is irrelevant

Man Utd won a double with kids

For all the fapping that goes on about the famed Ajax yoof system those players crumbled when.put under a bit of pressure
Where exactly was their structure??

Their football is designed to stand the test. Those kids failed big time. Where they failed was between the ears
I backing that very few go on to be stars

As for the bit about the EPLSpuds are a bit part side in woeful inconsistent form at the moment down on personnel to boot and it took Llorente and some long ball to **** Ajax up

Aegon
09-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Stop calling it a top 6

Does it bring you joy to be so negative? YouÂ’re the type of bloke who would be disappointed at winning the lotto.

Bremsstrahlung
10-05-2019, 07:06 AM
It’s hard to talk about their inexperience when Barcelona concede 4 in 90 minutes.

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Arsenal now up by three goals

if any of the clubs left in the Europa can continue this trend and lose from here it's them

Frodo
10-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Kids is irrelevant

Man Utd won a double with kids

For all the fapping that goes on about the famed Ajax yoof system those players crumbled when.put under a bit of pressure
Where exactly was their structure??

Their football is designed to stand the test. Those kids failed big time. Where they failed was between the ears
I backing that very few go on to be stars

As for the bit about the EPLSpuds are a bit part side in woeful inconsistent form at the moment down on personnel to boot and it took Llorente and some long ball to **** Ajax up

You argue very poorly nowadays Membah.

I said Ajax failed because of inexperience. You said the same thing.

I said Spuds were terrible and very lucky to win. You said the same thing.

Well done.

Frodo
10-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Arsenal now up by three goals

if any of the clubs left in the Europa can continue this trend and lose from here it's them

Yeah, not gonna start thinking about Baku just yet. But surely we can't lose this. SHIRLEY!!!!?!!!!

Frodo
10-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Yeah, not gonna start thinking about Baku just yet. But surely we can't lose this. SHIRLEY!!!!?!!!!

I've unclenched now. 7-3 overall win for the tie is nice. We even won away from home in Spain!

Chelsea not through yet.

Premy
10-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Do away goals count in extra time?

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 07:55 AM
actually yes

Frodo
10-05-2019, 07:56 AM
David Luiz with the world class defending for that goal. Wow.

baldrick
10-05-2019, 07:57 AM

We didn’t lose !! :yay:

And don’t call me Shirley..

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Each tie in the knockout phase, apart from the final, is played over two legs, with each team playing one leg at home. The team that scores more goals on aggregate over the two legs advance to the next round. If the aggregate score is level, the away goals rule is applied, i.e. the team that scores more goals away from home over the two legs advances. If away goals are also equal, then extra time is played. The away goals rule is again applied after extra time, i.e. if there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored. If no goals are scored during extra time, the tie is decided by penalty shoot-out. In the final, which is played as a single match, if the score is level at the end of normal time, extra time is played, followed by penalty shoot-out if the score remains tied.[2]

from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_UEFA_Europa_League_knockout_phase

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:10 AM
David Luiz with the world class defending for that goal. Wow.

That was better tho. Off the line.

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Zappa's was better still

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 08:25 AM
I wish I'd stuck a lump of coal up Stanny's butt two hours ago - he'd have the biggest diamond by now

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:26 AM
I wish I'd stuck a lump of coal up Stanny's butt two hours ago - he'd have the biggest diamond by now

Haha.

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Great call by the ref there. No way that's not a foul.

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Chelsea have subbed off 3 penalty takers and Frankfurt just subbed one on.

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Penalties. Luiz to either bang it top corner and win it or kick it so high and wide it lands in Wembley.

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Frankfurt seem to have practiced that same penalty - bottom left

they're quite good at it

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 08:45 AM
should have gone bottom left

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:47 AM
That's the first time I've ever seen a keeper stand still in a penalty shootout. It doesn't happen.

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 08:48 AM

Effin lols

boz-monaut
10-05-2019, 08:49 AM
that was dramatic even for penalties

I pity Stanny's lump of coal

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Hazard's last kick at Stamford Bridge (maybe)? Sends them to a final. Poetic?

Frodo
10-05-2019, 08:53 AM
That's the first time I've ever seen a keeper stand still in a penalty shootout. It doesn't happen.

In only 6.3% of all penalties faced has a keeper stood still. Something like 27% are kicked centrally. Well done Kepa. You saved your team mates there.

Bon
10-05-2019, 09:14 AM

:lulzturtle:

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 09:31 AM
I love David Luiz taking penalties. When he nails it, it's spectacular. When he misses...it's spectacular.

plague
10-05-2019, 09:31 AM
It’s hard to talk about their inexperience when Barcelona concede 4 in 90 minutes.

Nah, average age of Barca is 19.

Messi, Basquets, Pique all teenagers.

That's why they lost.

Frodo
10-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Stanny is probably on his way to the TAB to put that diamond on Chelsea to win...

Bon
10-05-2019, 09:36 AM
This is all going to be worth it just for the Stanny and Frodo lols..
What a time to be alive..

Frodo
10-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Just want to make sure people know that UEL actually stands for Unai Emery's League.

Gonna make it 4 from 4... I hope.

plague
10-05-2019, 10:36 AM
All i want is for the final to be decided by a monumental **** up from one of the teams.
not good play.
not bad reffing.
but like a massive cock up and everyones heads will explode.

so far David Luiz paying $1.28 to be that guy.

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Hazard to the rescue, Please stay Eden

Macca
10-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Hazard to the rescue, Please stay Eden

https://vredd.it/files/am1uczvjtgw21-am1uczvjtgw21.mp4

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Just want to make sure people know that UEL actually stands for Unai Emery's League.

Gonna make it 4 from 4... I hope.

Make sure you tell Unai to star Ozil please

Frodo
10-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Make sure you tell Unai to star Ozil please

What makes you think he wouldn't start?

And how many goals do you think Auba and Laca are gonna get?

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 01:05 PM
What makes you think he wouldn't start?

And how many goals do you think Auba and Laca are gonna get?

Because how many big game has Ozil started this year? Your strikers are my concern, They could blow us away. If Hazard and RLC are in top form I think we can win but if not then well, We had a nice run

MFKS
10-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Hazard's last kick at Stamford Bridge (maybe)? Sends them to a final. Poetic?

You sure anyone of note would want him??

Man City Liverpool.etc

Would he get a start there

I don't think so

Bloke will be at Chelsea next season as he a flat track bully

jacobclear
10-05-2019, 07:57 PM
If Hazard is moving it's to Real Madrid. Full stop.

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 08:07 PM
You sure anyone of note would want him??

Man City Liverpool.etc

Would he get a start there

I don't think so

Bloke will be at Chelsea next season as he a flat track bully

Hazard is first name on the team sheet at any club in the premier league very easily

plague
10-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Hazard is first name on the team sheet at any club in the premier league very easily

oooooooooohhhhhh Stanny, get it right into my veins yessssssssssssssssssssssss
https://media0.giphy.com/media/zTB68FHqA6VRS/200.webp?cid=790b76115cd548c552676c39730b7404&rid=200.webp

redwah
10-05-2019, 08:50 PM

You need to get to the John hunter hospital quick smart. That head injury you’ve suffered is clearly affecting you more than usual.......

That is unless you think managers fill in the subs first.

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 09:01 PM
You need to get to the John hunter hospital quick smart. That head injury you’ve suffered is clearly affecting you more than usual.......

That is unless you think managers fill in the subs first.

No team in the prem has a better left winger.

Sterling? Can play right. Mane? Please. Son? Can play right. I don't see any other players in the prem being linked to Madrid or always being compared Messi and Ronaldo

plague
10-05-2019, 09:44 PM

Sterling? Can play right. Mane? Please. Son? Can play right. I don't see any other players in the prem being linked to Madrid or always being compared Messi and Ronaldo

https://i.giphy.com/media/xB1RqLGoBNh3W/200.webp

Jetmaster
10-05-2019, 10:17 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/pjYYkBmdreTTxvir2Q/giphy.gif

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Oh I needed a good chuckle

plague
10-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Bo and Luke > Eden and Thorgan

https://media.giphy.com/media/W6US3Xlt7uZLa/giphy.gif

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2019, 11:30 PM
Oh I needed a good chuckle

Your telling me Hazard at Pool only makes the bench? Now that's a good chuckle.

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 11:43 PM
Your telling me Hazard at Pool only makes the bench? Now that's a good chuckle.

Not everything is about you bud.

plague
10-05-2019, 11:54 PM
Stanny has a point though, i mean, Salah couldnt even make the Chelsea 1st team yeah?

must be garbage.

MFKS
11-05-2019, 12:33 PM

No one compares him to Messi or Ronaldo

Linked to Madrid??

By whom??

His agent ??

If you are naming an EPL team of the season the bloke don't even get a start Sterling Mane and Aguero get a run before him in the front 3

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Linked to Madrid??

By whom??

His agent ??

If you are naming an EPL team of the season the bloke don't even get a start Sterling Mane and Aguero get a run before him in the front 3

Hazard has 16 goals and 15 assists in the prem, If that doesnt get in a team of the year then the system is broken Also Madrid want him 100% fact but are dont want to pay 100mil

jacobclear
11-05-2019, 12:59 PM

Linked to Madrid??

By whom??

His agent ??

https://i.postimg.cc/SNn6MwWw/Capture.png (https://postimg.cc/nCt98SSk)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eden-hazard-chelsea-transfer-news-real-madrid-zidane-epl-europa-league-a8907706.html

Frodo
11-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Hazard has 16 goals and 15 assists in the prem, If that doesnt get in a team of the year then the system is broken Also Madrid want him 100% fact but are dont want to pay 100mil

What's the difference between a fact and a 100% fact? Just wondering...

MFKS
11-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Pogba has 13 goals and 9 assists and he is a £100+ million player who is linked to Real Madrid

The bloke has been shit for most of the season and you are trying to tell me that Hazard who has marginally better stats is somehow the best in the EPL yet he is only just shading Pogba and his output??

Don't care what formation you want to play but I would take Kane, Son and Salah in this EPL star team before I would touch Hazard

He only.stands out at Chelsea as you have as much creativity as Man U have

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Pogba has 13 goals and 9 assists and he is a £100+ million player who is linked to Real Madrid

The bloke has been shit for most of the season and you are trying to tell me that Hazard who has marginally better stats is somehow the best in the EPL yet he is only just shading Pogba and his output??

Don't care what formation you want to play but I would take Kane, Son and Salah in this EPL star team before I would touch Hazard

He only.stands out at Chelsea as you have as much creativity as Man U have

Nah He has stood out in every team he plays for.

Frodo
11-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Nah He has stood out in every team he plays for.

He definitely stands around when things aren't easy.

He wasn't the main man at Juve, Pirlo was.
He isn't the main man in the French team. (He isn't even the best or 2nd best midfielder in that side)
He hasn't done much for United this year and looks like they are ready to cash in on him now and spend the money elsewhere.

You need to stop reading into the hype Stanny. Twitter followers don't make you a good footballer. Just look at Dybala? Poster boy for heaps of brands, can't get into the Juve team over Bernadeschi, Moise Keane or Cuadrado.

Also, Hazard wouldn't start at Liverpool or City. Rubbish work ethic.

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2019, 07:49 PM
He definitely stands around when things aren't easy.

He wasn't the main man at Juve, Pirlo was.
He isn't the main man in the French team. (He isn't even the best or 2nd best midfielder in that side)
He hasn't done much for United this year and looks like they are ready to cash in on him now and spend the money elsewhere.

You need to stop reading into the hype Stanny. Twitter followers don't make you a good footballer. Just look at Dybala? Poster boy for heaps of brands, can't get into the Juve team over Bernadeschi, Moise Keane or Cuadrado.

Also, Hazard wouldn't start at Liverpool or City. Rubbish work ethic.

Im talking about Pogba (He's overrated) and to think Hazard doesnt stop for City or Liverpool is just naive and borderline just hating on Hazard. Hazard starts at City in an attack with Sterling KDB and Augero and at Pool he starts in a front three with Salah and Firmino

Frodo
11-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Im talking about Pogba (He's overrated) and to think Hazard doesnt stop for City or Liverpool is just naive and borderline just hating on Hazard. Hazard starts at City in an attack with Sterling KDB and Augero and at Pool he starts in a front three with Salah and Firmino

So, 3 attacking mids and a striker at City??? No.

And Mane is Liverpool's best attacker. So shows how much you know.

Jeterpool
11-05-2019, 08:35 PM
And Mane is Liverpool's best attacker. .

This ^

MFKS
11-05-2019, 09:38 PM

So if Pogba is over rated and his stats are marginally short of Hazard then what does it say about Hazard?
What does it also say when Pogba spent plenty of time under Mo actually as a holding midfielder??
What does it say when Pogba is freed up he still isn't a creative type and his stats are not far behind Hazard??
What does it say when Hazard is for lacking in.other options the only real creative outlet in Chelsea team ??
What does it say when Sarri played Hazard where he could be most effective for Chelsea in both goal scoring and goal creation yet he is only just shading Pogba who by your own words is over rated ??

You do need to watch some more EPL by your comments that Hazard plays left wing for Liverpool
The most effective left sided attacker in the entire EPL is Sadio Mane

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2019, 10:14 PM

Id Argue Firmino is the Key to liverpool and Hazard would a whole different dimension to Mane and your not dropping Salah while he scores 20+ goals but with Hazard feeding him the ball he could easily get over 30 a season in the prem

jacobclear
11-05-2019, 10:27 PM

As a Man City fan of many years (followed since Simon Colisomo) the last thing City need is another player.

I mean hell, Riyad Mahrez can't get minutes there. Why sign Hazard?

jacobclear
11-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Id Argue Firmino is the Key to liverpool and Hazard would a whole different dimension to Mane and your not dropping Salah while he scores 20+ goals but with Hazard feeding him the ball he could easily get over 30 a season in the prem

Mane has scored 20 goals this season. I'd argue otherwise.

jacobclear
11-05-2019, 10:31 PM
You do need to watch some more EPL by your comments that Hazard plays left wing for Liverpool
The most effective left sided attacker in the entire EPL is Sadio Mane

There's no point in having Hazard if you're not playing his as an advanced midfielder (AMC).

But yeah, Mane shits all over Sterling (whom I believe would be runner up in an LW comparison, and I'm a City fan (as mentioned earlier))

Captain Obvious
12-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Eden Hazard would not make it into Liverpools 1st team because he is a Chelsea player and not registered to play with another English Premier League team. Chelsea would need to sell or trade him to Liverpool. They would then have to register his contract with the association before he was eligible to make it into the Liverpool 1st team.

Frodo
12-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Eden Hazard would not make it into Liverpools 1st team because he is a Chelsea player and not registered to play with another English Premier League team. Chelsea would need to sell or trade him to Liverpool. They would then have to register his contract with the association before he was eligible to make it into the Liverpool 1st team.

This is not false.

baldrick
12-05-2019, 05:27 PM
the last thing City need is another player.

I mean hell, Riyad Mahrez can't get minutes there. Why sign Hazard?

So they don’t have to play against him ?

Frodo
30-05-2019, 04:34 AM
About 2.5 hrs left of a 12 hr night shift then I've got to very safely drive home and watch the ultimate European Trophy find its way back to London.

Fingers and toes and gonads crossed it's in Laurent Koscielny's hands on the plane back.

Pre game "suck it" Stanny. You can throw it back in my face if we lose.

plague
30-05-2019, 06:02 AM
good luck Frodo.

Stanny, enjoy Hazards last game in blue.

Jeterpool
30-05-2019, 07:34 AM
Stanny's boys stepped up this evening. Arsenal chucked a Jets and didn't capitalise on their period of dominance in the first half.

Also these commentators... they're the worst thing about this final

Frodo
30-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Well... That was a shit show.

We looked like an absolute bag of nerves. Almost as of our entire season was riding on this game, whereas Chelsea didn't have a care in the world.

On another day a few more of the 6-7 good chances we had may have gone in.

That's football, you play poorly and you end up getting spanked. At least my boy Iwobi scored a banger.

Frodo
30-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Well... That was a shit show.

We looked like an absolute bag of nerves. Almost as of our entire season was riding on this game, whereas Chelsea didn't have a care in the world.

On another day a few more of the 6-7 good chances we had may have gone in.

That's football, you play poorly and you end up getting spanked. At least my boy Iwobi scored a banger.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying we should have won. I knew we were screwed as soon as the first little bit of pressure went away. You could see the fear in our players. We got deservedly beaten today. Well played Chelsea. Although I officially hate Giroud now. It's over, he's tainted forever with blue.

plague
30-05-2019, 08:24 AM
If only Pete Cech was Armenian........

Frodo
30-05-2019, 08:34 AM
If only Pete Cech was Armenian........

He had a good game. Not as good as Kepa, but Cech didn't hurt our chances of winning. Everyone else bar Xhaka, Iwobi and Willock did that.

pv4
30-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Giroud scoring was one of the stranger erections I've had in a long while.

That was just an immense collapse by Arsenal in the 2nd half. The dream is ded, plaguesey.

I really, really enjoyed that ref. He let all the right things go, in a great way. I don't feel like I normally see/remember a ref doing good and feel the need to point it out, but I thought he was superb today.

plague
30-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Chelsea are weird man. they dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win. Would have to put that down to some half time adjustments and motivation from the coach wouldnt you?
but then they all look like they 'hate' Sarri. its a weird dynamic. no one went near him at full time, and with the blow up after training it makes it look even weirder.

but somehow they get the job done.

The other one now is Willian. he always looked like a optional extra in that squad. i think hes a really good player, super talented. now with Hazard gone does he get more time or is he just never gonna find his place there?

If Madrid get Hazard surely they'll be looking to offload Isco or Ascensio, geez, either one of them would be a good replacement at Chelsea.

plague
30-05-2019, 10:12 AM
I really, really enjoyed that ref. He let all the right things go, in a great way. I don't feel like I normally see/remember a ref doing good and feel the need to point it out, but I thought he was superb today.

some of the best 'playing dumb' shoulder shrugs ive seen in a long time from an official.
was beautiful to watch.

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 12:40 PM
1st off. What a hit by Iwobi.
Well played Cech kept it to only 4.
Thanks for playing Ozil the ghost Emery

Now onto Chelsea. Winning another trophy. It's what we do and Hazard take a ****ing bow son and go and enjoy a easy footballing life in Madrid you've earnt it. Top 5 player worldwide easily and we won't be able to replace him.

PS: Suck it Frodo 😁

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Stanny's boys stepped up this evening. Arsenal chucked a Jets and didn't capitalise on their period of dominance in the first half.

Also these commentators... they're the worst thing about this final

Also agree commentators spoke so much shit I wanted to mute it

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Chelsea are weird man. they dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win. Would have to put that down to some half time adjustments and motivation from the coach wouldnt you?
but then they all look like they 'hate' Sarri. its a weird dynamic. no one went near him at full time, and with the blow up after training it makes it look even weirder.

but somehow they get the job done.

The other one now is Willian. he always looked like a optional extra in that squad. i think hes a really good player, super talented. now with Hazard gone does he get more time or is he just never gonna find his place there?

If Madrid get Hazard surely they'll be looking to offload Isco or Ascensio, geez, either one of them would be a good replacement at Chelsea.

Willian is at best now a bench player. Can't score goals

Bon
30-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Well, we've been waiting for you Stanny, and you didn't disappoint..
Congrats mate..

p.s. Don't worry Frodo, I've still got that Liverpool shirt ready for you on Sunday..

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Well, we've been waiting for you Stanny, and you didn't disappoint..
Congrats mate..

p.s. Don't worry Frodo, I've still got that Liverpool shirt ready for you on Sunday..

Thats not even funny us Chelsea fans are in the same boat :(

Roundball Enthusiast
30-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Thats not even funny us Chelsea fans are in the same boat :(

As a Chelsea fan, I don't want either of those two shit clubs to win anything.

Useless, both of them.

In saying that, can't wait for Spurs to bring it home.

plague
30-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Thanks for playing Ozil the ghost Emery

actually, Arsenal should sell Ozil and get Isco. Much better player and they are prob a chance to get him.

Also, that co-commentator whatever his name is (Alan? ima call him Alan), is always popping up on EPL and Champions League telecasts. Dead set goose. Confused an injured Hazard with Emerson which was pretty funny as, yanno, Emerson being an entirely different skin colour.
Then was talking about Hazard moving on after "4 brilliant years at Chelsea" which was about 6 seconds after the first commentator told everyone Hazard had been there for 7 years, and then had to say it again immediately after Alan(?) said his bit.

also, crowd looked a bit errrrrr 'disinterested'.

oh, and the Sarri comments about Napoli fans dont seem as big a deal as reported. Im also assuming he was talking in English. Which if true then yanno, context and all that.

MFKS
30-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Most important thing that can happen now is Spuds to win the UCL

Go.Spuds

Roundball Enthusiast
30-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Then was talking about Hazard moving on after "4 brilliant years at Chelsea" which was about 6 seconds after the first commentator told everyone Hazard had been there for 7 years

Yeah, he's had 3 useless years in Blue during that 7. So the guy was right, yanno.

boz-monaut
30-05-2019, 01:53 PM
I might wait a day or two now before changing his name to StannyLFCJET

Bremsstrahlung
30-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Would be almost better than winning it.

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Oh gawd

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Yeah, he's had 3 useless years in Blue during that 7. So the guy was right, yanno.

Ummm what

Frodo
30-05-2019, 05:10 PM
The half empty stadium probably wasn't great for a European Final. Seems like playing in the middle of nowhere isn't conductive to attracting fans to games. Supposedly there was little to no atmosphere whatsoever in the stadium.

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2019, 06:47 PM
The half empty stadium probably wasn't great for a European Final. Seems like playing in the middle of nowhere isn't conductive to attracting fans to games. Supposedly there was little to no atmosphere whatsoever in the stadium.

Yeah Baku was a dumb choice

baldrick
30-05-2019, 07:34 PM
At least my boy Iwobi scored a banger.

Gave me a glimmer of hope for 0.5 seconds.

boz-monaut
31-05-2019, 10:26 AM
anyone get the feeling that this competition spent all its drama in the semis and we'll probably have a boring final?

I mean it can't continue like that - another 0-3 comeback just isn't possible (not that it was either of the times it happened)

Bon
31-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Anyone got any particular venues they will be watching at?
Have heard Lowlands bowlo is going to be putting it on..

Jeterpool
31-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Anyone got any particular venues they will be watching at?
Have heard Lowlands bowlo is going to be putting it on..

Broadmeadow Magic are opening up for it. I went there last year and enjoyed it, so will be going again. They had hot food, coffee and beer for those wanting to partake at that hour.

boz-monaut
31-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Lowlands is the go - if you've had their burgers you'll understand why their bacon and egg rolls will make it worth it

plague
02-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Bit scrappy so far.

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2019, 06:57 AM
Early pen killed the game.
I think we see a far more attacking Liverpool if we go longer than 40 seconds without the pen.
Spurs look dangerous occasionally with Son.
Spurs always seem a challenge for us for some reason.

Come on Liverpool!

baldrick
02-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Too much at stake for a free flowing, attacking, end to end game

boz-monaut
02-06-2019, 08:02 AM
wasn't the most pleasant game to watch but amazingly pleased with the result

well worth the stress induced headache at this hour of the morning

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Too much at stake for a free flowing, attacking, end to end game

With a pen inside a minute, you’ve basically said, here ya go, defend this for 90.

At 0-0, both teams try to assert themselves and I think it’s a better neutral game.

Anyway, we will take it!

plague
02-06-2019, 08:24 AM
Spurs really need to go sign Andrew Hoole, or another seasoned European performer, if they want to win big games like this.

plague
02-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Liverpool keeper was good.
Kane stinks.
Ali stinks.
Ox got a winners medal.
I love Mane.

plague
02-06-2019, 08:32 AM
This social media guy on the lounge during the post game stinks too.

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Liverpool keeper was good.
Kane stinks.
Ali stinks.
Ox got a winners medal.
I love Mane.

Bit harsh on Kane. He didn't even play.

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Very happy this morning. As said above not the most spectacular final but they rarely are.

Spurs gave a good account of themselves in that final - I think they can look at themselves and say they gave all they could.

Allison was money so well spent.

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Spurs have a pretty decent squad. Watching and being stressed about conceding would make Hoole look dangerous, but Erikson, Kane, son, Moura, Ali all have potential to produce brilliance.
Kane gets some venom on his shots, just straight to keeper and Son just taking one touch too many.

I thought Henderson did well and was the perfect player for this game. Scrappy and committed. Gave 100%, always so full of energy.
Overall our important players had decent games. Nothing amazing except for Alison and VVD who were both crucial.
Just as many MIA games though. Wijnaldum and Firmino were passengers.

I’d like to see how many passes Origi completed. All forgiven, but Salah and VVD had a few suggestions for him I think.
On that, makes me chuckle Henderson giving TAA an absolute gob full 2-0 up with 30 seconds to go when his man got a shot away.

StannyCFCJET
02-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Thank the heavens spurs lost. Enjoy Liverpool

plague
02-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Can't remember exactly what it was advertising but I enjoyed very much the women's soccer ad when they were dragging the little kid around.

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Can't remember exactly what it was advertising but I enjoyed very much the women's soccer ad when they were dragging the little kid around.

I know! Most people watching the game at Magic park this morning were quiet when the ad came on and commented how good it was

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Also, I liked that Liverpool formed a guard of honour for the officials and Spurs as they headed to collect their medals. A respectful gesture.

Frodo
02-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Thank **** for that result.

boz-monaut
02-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Also, I liked that Liverpool formed a guard of honour for the officials and Spurs as they headed to collect their medals. A respectful gesture.
I thought this was a nice touch too

all respect to Spurs, they deserve more than they got from this season

plague
02-06-2019, 10:03 AM
I know! Most people watching the game at Magic park this morning were quiet when the ad came on and commented how good it was

what was the crowd like at Magic Park?

StannyCFCJET
02-06-2019, 10:38 AM
I thought this was a nice touch too

all respect to Spurs, they deserve more than they got from this season

No they didnt, If they deserved more they wouldve won.

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 10:56 AM
what was the crowd like at Magic Park?

I reckon over 150. They even put an extra screen up outside. Good crowd asked nice to watch it as a group of fans

boz-monaut
02-06-2019, 10:58 AM
No they didnt, If they deserved more they wouldve won.

this is why everyone on here has formed the opinions of you that they hold

Retro Jet
02-06-2019, 11:14 AM

Ditto
I said to Jeterpool who was sitting in front of me at Magic, I'd never seen it before and maybe they were saving it up for 1/2 time
in this game...sort of like a Superbowl ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOVkEHADCg4

Nike Women's world cup promo...and nice to see Kerr getting some world recognition.

MFKS
02-06-2019, 11:51 AM

What day is this happening??

StannyCFCJET
02-06-2019, 11:56 AM
this is why everyone on here has formed the opinions of you that they hold

No skin off my back, Sick of people feeling sorry for Spurs

Jim
02-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Amazing what can happen with a good goal keeper

Skirt Boy
02-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Talk about a rigged game. Ref was shithouse.

baldrick
02-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Ditto
I said to Jeterpool who was sitting in front of me at Magic, I'd never seen it before and maybe they were saving it up for 1/2 time
in this game...sort of like a Superbowl ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOVkEHADCg4

Nike Women's world cup promo...and nice to see Kerr getting some world recognition.

Cracking ad that.

plague
02-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Talk about a rigged game. Ref was shithouse.

biggest bloke at fault was your coach. How he left Kane on that whole time was a joke.

plague
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
it was a good contrast in coaching though. Firminho was pretty anonymous so Klopp hooked him early. His substitute scored.
Kane did nothing and he got left on the whole game.

StannyCFCJET
02-06-2019, 02:13 PM
The SuperCup next season will be interesting

cobra23
02-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Went to magic park to watch this game ..
Fantastic result by the mighty reds ..
The only blemish all morning was that Coverage the pricks didn’t keep showing that smoking hot streaker just after we scored

plague
02-06-2019, 02:30 PM
The SuperCup next season will be interesting

no it wont.
it never is.

boz-monaut
02-06-2019, 02:47 PM
The only blemish all morning was that Coverage the pricks didn’t keep showing that smoking hot streaker just after we scored

goes by the name of Kinsey Wolanski

apparently has a few more instagram followers than this time yesterday

I'm all for public nudity, just hope this sort of attention seeking doesn't
a) be done by dudes, and
b) encourage more idiots to become insta-famous like this

Skirt Boy
02-06-2019, 03:09 PM
biggest bloke at fault was your coach. How he left Kane on that whole time was a joke.

Do not question the tactical prowess of the great one.

Spurs were never going to win this game. FIFA are against, UEFA are against them, FA are against them. Can't have a "small club" winning and all that.

MFKS
02-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Spurs were never going to win this game. FIFA are against, UEFA are against them, FA are against them. Can't have a "small club" winning and all that.

Would require them to turn up to actually have something to moan about

They offered more in the last 15 with long ball Llorente on than they did for the first 75mins combined

That is saying something

Kane was honking and should never have started and should have been hooked

StannyCFCJET
02-06-2019, 03:43 PM
no it wont.
it never is.

Chelsea vs Liverpool always is

Jetmaster
02-06-2019, 03:51 PM

I'm no Liverpool fan but...

Skirt Boy
02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
You guys were obviously watching a different game.

plague
02-06-2019, 04:38 PM

I didn't say anything about Couscous.

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2019, 04:41 PM
I thought ref did reasonably well.
Two things you could argue about as a Spurs fan were:
A) handball - you can’t stick your arm out like that though, so idk, you can argue the ball hit his arm not the other way around, but again, it’s like standing in a wall with your hands in the air and claiming the ball hit your arm, therefore play on.
B) Pen shout for Kane. Could argue he was taken out, but I think he milked that contact.

Other than that, I don’t really see any other important calls went against you.

Frodo
02-06-2019, 04:50 PM

Spurs were never going to win this game. FIFA are against, UEFA are against them, FA are against them.

ROFL. Spuds are literally the English public's darling club. No matter how hard they fail to win anything they never get any flack from the media. They have zero enemies in Europe as well.

Can't have a "small club" winning and all that.

You did get the "small club" part right tho.

Arsenal's "Banter Era" teams managed to win 3 trophies.
Spuds greatest generation of players/coach in their history haven't managed to win any.

And everything is right with the world.... Lol.

Skirt Boy
02-06-2019, 08:36 PM
ROFL. Spuds are literally the English public's darling club. No matter how hard they fail to win anything they never get any flack from the media. They have zero enemies in Europe as well.

You did get the "small club" part right tho.

Arsenal's "Banter Era" teams managed to win 3 trophies.
Spuds greatest generation of players/coach in their history haven't managed to win any.

And everything is right with the world.... Lol.

As Bon would know. It was only one game.

Frodo
02-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Can't wait to get home, dim the lights, get the lotion out and watch that game in full. Pure Filth. Sorry Skirt Boy, spuds gonna spud.

Also great to see Arsenal and West Brom legend Gnabry bang in 4.

plague
02-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Remember the good old days when Spurs only got embarrassed in finals....

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Meh just a no nothing meaningless cup game.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 10:40 AM
ouch.... didn't watch the game. Were Spurs that bad or Bayern that good?

Bon
02-10-2019, 10:45 AM
ouch.... didn't watch the game. Were Spurs that bad or Bayern that good?

Frodo will give you a "blow by blow" account of the game, once he's cleaned up...

Frodo
02-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Frodo will give you a "blow by blow" account of the game, once he's cleaned up...
If I have the energy to type afterwards... Yes, I will.

plague
02-10-2019, 09:36 PM
yo, stat nerdz.

the ESPN just put up their stats from the Bayern/Spurs game.
The much vaunted 'expected goals' came up as Spurs: 1.77, Bayern 1.57.

Just a reminder the game finished 7-2 Bayern.

**** yo stats.

Jeterpool
03-10-2019, 08:55 AM
yo, stat nerdz.

**** yo stats.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/aTiZ1PZU92lyM/source.gif

Retro Jet
03-10-2019, 09:32 AM
yo, stat nerdz.

the ESPN just put up their stats from the Bayern/Spurs game.
The much vaunted 'expected goals' came up as Spurs: 1.77, Bayern 1.57.

Just a reminder the game finished 7-2 Bayern.

**** yo stats.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/aTiZ1PZU92lyM/source.gif

I think you hurt JP's feelings...

Retro Jet
03-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Couple of good hits from Suarez and Willian this morning.

Liverpool out of gaol...
How's Klopp's reaction when @rseBall scored their 3rd. Respect from the big man!

StannyCFCJET
03-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Couple of good hits from Suarez and Willian this morning.

Liverpool out of gaol...
How's Klopp's reaction when @rseBall scored their 3rd. Respect from the big man!

Tammy good first touch and finish as well

Frodo
03-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Tammy good first touch and finish as well

If he keeps improving, in a year or two he might be as good as Mason Greenwood.

plague
03-10-2019, 12:51 PM
the asian kids at Anfield today were superb.was reading somewhere that this is the generation of players coming through that were inspired by the 2002 World Cup, and to expect a crop of real good players to come through.

a lot of smart teams gonna get themselves some bargains out of Japan and Sth Korea.

StannyCFCJET
03-10-2019, 01:52 PM
the asian kids at Anfield today were superb.was reading somewhere that this is the generation of players coming through that were inspired by the 2002 World Cup, and to expect a crop of real good players to come through.

a lot of smart teams gonna get themselves some bargains out of Japan and Sth Korea.

Not the aleague

plague
03-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Not the aleague

thats why i said 'smart teams'.

goaliepersempre
03-10-2019, 05:04 PM
did liverpool play yesterday? 4:3 bye fixture?

baldrick
04-10-2019, 07:56 AM
We’re (Arsenal) gonna win the (Europa) League..

Frodo
04-10-2019, 08:37 AM
We’re (Arsenal) gonna win the (Europa) League..

That first goal was a thing of beauty. Amazing cross-field bomb from Mustafi, perfect cross from Tierney and then a world class run and glancing header from Martinelli.

The other 3 weren't bad either.

Mustafi with his 3rs clean sheet of few season as well.

plague
04-10-2019, 09:23 AM
That header from Martinelli was sublime.

Jetmaster
04-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Didn't take long for BBC Salford to claim some kudos for their beloved Manyoo...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49928987

Aegon
24-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Did anyone see Sabitzer's goal for RB Leipzig goal this morning? Wow

https://youtu.be/WCOUyajA8k0

goaliepersempre
24-10-2019, 04:52 PM

nope #fakenews - Fabricated video - Leipzig doesnt exist.

StannyCFCJET
24-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Lampard at the wheel and crusing along nicely. You love to see it

plague
24-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Lampard at the wheel and crusing along nicely. You love to see it

that was a good win. 2nd half they looked really smooth.
Supercoach Lamps.

StannyCFCJET
24-10-2019, 05:51 PM
that was a good win. 2nd half they looked really smooth.
Supercoach Lamps.

Super coach atm 6 wins in a row.

Bremsstrahlung
24-10-2019, 07:18 PM

Curls beautifully.
Oxlade chamberlains would’ve given it a run if it went 30cms closer to the post to make it look better. Still a good touch.

goaliepersempre
06-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Another interesting Champions League Evening - Great comeback from BVB against Inter.

Skirt Boy
07-11-2019, 10:34 AM
COYS!

Also Son had a blinder

MFKS
07-11-2019, 11:14 AM
COYS!

Also Son had a blinder

How many legs broken??

Skirt Boy
07-11-2019, 05:30 PM
How many legs broken??

None this morning. Shame really I had high hopes for more Korean Karnage!

Frodo
11-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Ajax just got schooled by Valencia. Great watching them fall apart from a neutral perspective.

Also, Valencia finished top of the group. Haha. That's amazing considering they were favourites for 4th place in the group at the beginning.

MFKS
11-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Ajax just got schooled by Valencia. Great watching them fall apart from a neutral perspective.

Also, Valencia finished top of the group. Haha. That's amazing considering they were favourites for 4th place in the group at the beginning.

Don't know why they were favourites for 4th
Reality is that LaLiga obviously have some great sides in depth so I thought they were my favourite to go through in this group

Frodo
11-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Reality is that LaLiga obviously have some great sides in depth so I thought they were my favourite to go through in this group

Since when does La Liga have more than 3 teams?

Look at the Copa Del Rey. Yes Valencia won it last year (they sacked Marcelino hence the favourite for 4th) but before then the last time someone outside of the big 3 won it was 09/10.

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Valencia have some firepower going forward but Like Chelsea unless they fix the defence wont be going much further in the comp

plague
11-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Member out here buying all those imaginary houses with all the pretend winnings from his hindsight TAB account.

on fire son.

Frodo
15-02-2020, 09:47 AM
For all those playing at home. No, City won't be banned from the UCL.

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Like they’ll appeal and win?

Frodo
15-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Like they’ll appeal and win?

Yes. The evidence is already flimsy and the presidents have all been to drop the sentences down to a fine. Other than Milan who chose to skip the UEL for a season.

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2020, 11:13 AM
UEFA are really piss poor with enforcing their punishments.
Do they not receive good legal advice? I’d love to see some stats on how often their punishments/fines/transfer bans have been upheld.

Financial Fair Play is poorly defined, poorly regulated and poorly punished.

MFKS
15-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Probably the most noticeable problem is the effect it will have on Pep

Other than winning the UCL he already done it all at City

Surprised if no UCL football or a transfer ban may see him leave for elsewhere

MFKS
15-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Also lets remember that thanks to this ban no teams from Manchester will be playing in the UCL to 2022

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Also lets remember that thanks to this ban no teams from Manchester will be playing in the UCL to 2022

If United finish 5th then what happens

MFKS
15-02-2020, 01:29 PM
If United finish 5th then what happens

Stanny

Whooooosssssshhhhh

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Stanny

Whooooosssssshhhhh

No I got the joke but still im asking the question

Frodo
15-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Stanny

Whooooosssssshhhhh

Hahahaha.

MFKS
15-02-2020, 02:03 PM
No I got the joke but still im asking the question

Please it is time to put the shovel down and stop digging

boz-monaut
15-02-2020, 05:55 PM
perhap Stanny is asking what happens to England's four places if City finish in the top 4

in which case it will go to the 5th place team

which is currently Sheffield United, who were promoted last year

so the English spots in the 20/21 Champions League would go to (on current table positions), Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Sheffield United

I don't think anyone would have picked that at the start of the season

Skirt Boy
15-02-2020, 07:28 PM
perhap Stanny is asking what happens to England's four places if City finish in the top 4

in which case it will go to the 5th place team

which is currently Sheffield United, who were promoted last year

so the English spots in the 20/21 Champions League would go to (on current table positions), Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Sheffield United

I don't think anyone would have picked that at the start of the season

It gets better. City possibly face expulsion back to League 2 and a deduction of points for this season.

https://www.givemesport.com/1547075-man-city-facing-premier-league-points-deduction-after-their-twoyear-champions-league-ban

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Probably the most noticeable problem is the effect it will have on Pep

Other than winning the UCL he already done it all at City

Surprised if no UCL football or a transfer ban may see him leave for elsewhere

I don’t think pep is seeing out another year at city.
If he wins UCL he leaves having achieved everything he wanted to.
If he doesn’t, then city will have deemed to have failed. No EPL no UCL.
And I think he’ll be after a new challenge.

No UCL could be the scapegoat pep and city need to part ways.

But seriously, what’re the chances this sticks? Every verdict handed down from uefa gets overturned or reduced.

Frodo
15-02-2020, 07:58 PM
It gets better. City possibly face expulsion back to League 2 and a deduction of points for this season.

https://www.givemesport.com/1547075-man-city-facing-premier-league-points-deduction-after-their-twoyear-champions-league-ban

That rule isn't for the EPL, lower league only. But they could get a small points deduction this season.

Frodo
15-02-2020, 08:00 PM
I don’t think pep is seeing out another year at city.
If he wins UCL he leaves having achieved everything he wanted to.
If he doesn’t, then city will have deemed to have failed. No EPL no UCL.
And I think he’ll be after a new challenge.

No UCL could be the scapegoat pep and city need to part ways.

But seriously, what’re the chances this sticks? Every verdict handed down from uefa gets overturned or reduced.

There's little chance this gets sorted by the end of the season, so I can't the punishment coming into affect next season even if it does stick.

But overall, I don't see them actually getting banned.

boz-monaut
15-02-2020, 09:21 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously thinking this will stick

as if UEFA want to cut off the pipeline of oil money coming in

CAS will over rule this ban, both parties get to save face

I'm not buying Pep getting sacked bullshit - there's no way they'd ever get anyone as good as him and he's not going to Juve

Frodo
15-02-2020, 09:47 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously thinking this will stick

as if UEFA want to cut off the pipeline of oil money coming in

CAS will over rule this ban, both parties get to save face

I'm not buying Pep getting sacked bullshit - there's no way they'd ever get anyone as good as him and he's not going to Juve

He made it sound like he'd stay for next year, a few weeks ago.

But if Sarri gets the sack before the end of the year he might be tempted to add the Scudetta to his trophy haul.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2020, 10:45 PM
He made it sound like he'd stay for next year, a few weeks ago.

But if Sarri gets the sack before the end of the year he might be tempted to add the Scudetta to his trophy haul.

Seems like the Juve fans are getting annoyed at the same things some of the Chelsea fans were

MFKS
15-02-2020, 10:47 PM
More importantly when are the Scousers putting in a protest on lasts years EPL result??

Being City won the title by such a slim margin it could be quite easily argued they only did so thanks to their cheating

Jeterpool
16-02-2020, 01:21 AM
More importantly when are the Scousers putting in a protest on lasts years EPL result??

Being City won the title by such a slim margin it could be quite easily argued they only did so thanks to their cheating

I'm just waiting on the email address to forward it to

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2020, 07:29 AM

Can’t afford the legal fees atm. Maybe if we get enough points we can stop paying VAR, and use that money to fund the court case.

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Wow, Haland is a beast.
What a prospect.

Jeterpool
19-02-2020, 12:09 PM
He'll be at Madrid before too long.

Dortmund will make a very health return on their investment.

StannyCFCJET
19-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Wow, Haland is a beast.
What a prospect.

Agreed

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2020, 01:14 PM
With all the links to Man U, it’s interesting to ponder the contrast in trajectory his career may have taken.
Can’t see him having the same impact at United.
Good choice for him joining Dortmund.

MFKS
19-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Simeone be parking the bus at Anfield in a couple of weeks

Should be fun game

Macca
19-02-2020, 01:43 PM
With all the links to Man U, it’s interesting to ponder the contrast in trajectory his career may have taken.
Can’t see him having the same impact at United.
Good choice for him joining Dortmund.

Dortmund just always seems to have exciting young attackers in their team. They often don't do as well elsewhere once they've moved on either. Something special about the place / how the team plays.

StannyCFCJET
19-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Dortmund just always seems to have exciting young attackers in their team. They often don't do as well elsewhere once they've moved on either. Something special about the place / how the team plays.

Bayern normally buy all their good players

goaliepersempre
19-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Wow, Haland is a beast.
What a prospect.

dont forget assist to the second goal was a 17 year old, in the ranks a 16 year scoring crazily in the youth side.. looking good..

although in Haalands contract there is a release fee, hopefully not to low, and he stays. But the agent he has... who knows.

goaliepersempre
19-02-2020, 06:28 PM
PS massive **** up with the TV Coverage in switzerland last night - first 20 mins of the game they couldnt show... will be wanting money back.

Frodo
19-02-2020, 07:13 PM
dont forget assist to the second goal was a 17 year old, in the ranks a 16 year scoring crazily in the youth side.. looking good..

although in Haalands contract there is a release fee, hopefully not to low, and he stays. But the agent he has... who knows.

I think it's only about €54 million. But I reckon he'll give them at least 18 months before he goes.

StannyCFCJET
26-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Bayern are a class above anything I've seen Chelsea face in the prem.

MFKS
26-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Bayern are a class above anything I've seen Chelsea face in the prem.

More a reflection on how average your lot are

StannyCFCJET
26-02-2020, 02:52 PM
More a reflection on how average your lot are

Not really, Bayern are class above and weve matched the top prem teams or beat them whenever we've played them

Frodo
26-02-2020, 04:14 PM
Not really, Bayern are class above and weve matched the top prem teams or beat them whenever we've played them

Except United.

Or Everton for that matter..

Bayern weren't great, you rolled over in the second half. Trust me, I've witnessed Bayern at their best. This wasn't anywhere near it.

StannyCFCJET
26-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Except United.

Or Everton for that matter..

Bayern weren't great, you rolled over in the second half. Trust me, I've witnessed Bayern at their best. This wasn't anywhere near it.

Nah we got carved apart and we've matched United ever game just unlucky

MFKS
26-02-2020, 04:46 PM

Matched Man U every game??

Not on the scoreboard

Solksjaer thinks he of Chelsea as his personal pump n dump

Frodo
26-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Pretty sure United have had you 3 times this season with an aggregate score of 8-1. Matched might be a massive exaggeration, lol.

Retro Jet
16-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Dunno why this thread isn't going off like a fish milkshake after the last 48 hours or so.
Can't.write.this.shit

Barca - who da fuq lets a loan player come on against you? 2 goals and assist in there from Coutinho but the damage was already done.
And I was told through text banter over the game that Liverpool stand to get 5 million Euros in bonus add on's if Cortinio wins the Champions League.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/philippe-coutinho-barcelona-liverpool-transfer-22525250
:rof:
3 UCL seasons in a row now, punted into touch in the latter stages in comical fashion.
If that isn't enough for their fans to get inspired by Monty Python and start calling out "Bring out yer ded!", nothing will.
Interesting times there.

And Man City - $ChiChing$. How much has Sterlings miss possibly cost them? Un-b-****ing-lievable.
Pep puling his hair out. Oh...hang on...

Retro Jet
24-08-2020, 10:56 PM
They rioted in Paris but partied in Marseille...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/football/ucl-and-europa-league/street-party-in-marseille!783826

StannyCFCJET
30-05-2021, 08:19 AM
How goods football, London looks good in blue as well

Jeterpool
30-05-2021, 10:28 AM
How goods football, London looks good in blue as well

Enjoy the win, Stanny. They don't come along every day :thumbsup:

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2021, 11:36 PM
**** off Stan. I'm not paying extra just to get UCL. Back to illegal streams for me

StannyCFCJET
14-09-2021, 01:35 PM
So did anyone actually pay for Stan Sport? How much was it?

Bremsstrahlung
15-09-2021, 06:25 AM
A friend tells me they paid 14/m and now plus 10 for sport, so 24/m.
That’s with 3 screens viewing simultaneously. Apparently a single (or maybe 2..) is $2 less.

Bremsstrahlung
15-09-2021, 06:29 AM
The football viewing landscape atm is a nightmare.
Paramount for a league.
Optus sport for EPL.
Stan for UCL
Kayo/Foxtel if you want any la liga, bundesliga or heaven forbid MLS.

Jetmaster
15-09-2021, 06:40 PM
The football viewing landscape atm is a nightmare.
Paramount for a league.
Optus sport for EPL.
Stan for UCL
Kayo/Foxtel if you want any la liga, bundesliga or heaven forbid MLS.

We're lucky. In the UK you need three subs just to watch EPL. And even then you don't get every game live. I can live without Fox Sports and live with the other three. Actually saving money.

Imyourhero
15-09-2021, 07:24 PM
Can you purchase Stan sport alone or do you have to subscribe to both?

Jetmaster
15-09-2021, 07:50 PM
Can you purchase Stan sport alone or do you have to subscribe to both?

Both

Imyourhero
15-09-2021, 08:57 PM
ffs

boz-monaut
16-09-2021, 01:54 PM
so the minimum spend to get Uefa competitions is $24/month?

think I'll just catch up on sleep instead

Retro Jet
16-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Or hesgoal.com for the lot...

Bremsstrahlung
16-09-2021, 03:37 PM
Could be $8 if you get 2 mates and go thirds.
3 simultaneous screens

Jetmaster
17-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Tightarses.

A years subscription is less than the cost of one Champions League ticket.

Or be inventive - I got rid of Fox Sports, got rid of the second box and multiroom and installed Foxtel Go on Kodi - that saved me $60 a month.

Optus, Paramount and Stan Sports cost me less than that.

Bremsstrahlung
17-09-2021, 05:30 PM
I have Kayo with 2 others (35)
Stan with 2 others (24)
Paramount (10)
Out of pocket about 30 a month for access to all 3.

Optus sport with my phone plan.

StannyCFCJET
29-09-2021, 01:03 AM
Any good streaming sites for UCL games? Already pay for netflix Disney and Paramount. Not getting another streaming service

BarryTravis
27-11-2021, 04:07 AM
Any good streaming sites for UCL games? Already pay for netflix Disney and Paramount. Not getting another streaming service

You could try fuboTV. I used to watch it there. Not that it's completely free, but it's an option to consider. Have you placed any bets on any of the upcoming matches yet?

WButler89
15-01-2022, 02:04 AM
Now, after the draw, which brought Paris and Real together, it will be interesting to see how Mbappe will play in matches against his next club. I've heard info that he has already signed a contract with RM, but this will only be announced in the summer, when the current season comes to the end.

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2022, 01:05 PM
Really feel like we could go back to back and win it again

Retro Jet
17-03-2022, 02:25 PM

hesgoal.com have statements up now about not showing EPL and UCL games yet hesgoal.tv has multiple streams up for any given game!
'.tv' is loaded with more popups but easily clicked away on a PC. Nightmare on a phone.

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2022, 02:27 PM
hesgoal.com have statements up now about not showing EPL and UCL games yet hesgoal.tv has multiple streams up for any given game!
'.tv' is loaded with more popups but easily clicked away on a PC. Nightmare on a phone.

Yeah cheers. I found that link a few days ago. Got it casting to tv

Bon
17-03-2022, 03:24 PM
Really feel like we could go back to back and win it again

Whats got you feeling that way, mate?

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Whats got you feeling that way, mate?

The attitude we've displayed in games since the sanction. Looking solid as **** in defence again and clinical in attack when we need to. Havertz coming into some form as well. Just feel our team is built for this competition but not a 38 game season

Jetmaster
17-03-2022, 11:38 PM
Nice to finally have games in 4k on our screens.

MFKS
07-04-2022, 06:25 PM
How good in Benzema??

Absolutely towelled up the weakest Champions League Winners since 2005