PDA

View Full Version : 2016/17 Squad Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Jeterpool
18-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Link back to the previous squad discussion
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1429-SQUAD-FOR-2015-16-SEASON-no-Griff-no-party/page158

Current State of play:

11 Under Contract, 4 unsigned atm

1. Mark Birighitti - Yet to be resigned
2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
3. Jason Hoffman - Yet to be resigned
4. Nigel Boogaard - 17/18
5. Ben Kantarovski - Yet to be resigned
8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
11. Labinot Halti - 16/17
12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
16. Steven Ugarković - 16/17
17. Radan Pavicevic - 16/17
19. Morten Nordstrand - Yet to be resigned
20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
22. Lachlan Jackson - 16/17
24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18

lil_masi
18-04-2016, 09:43 AM
I'd be happy if we could offload Cooper, Pavicevic, Brennan

plague
18-04-2016, 10:39 AM
I like no# 11 'Under Contract'.

Is he a visa player?

leftrightout
18-04-2016, 11:07 AM
You can update it now to say Morten has signed...

Also i would love to see us make a play for Castelen from Wanderers.
I know its a risk with his injuries but he is just such an exciting player and he is off contract. Him and Morten running at defenders and hopefully a new striker who can score a goal, we would finally be exciting to watch!

Wilso8948
18-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Didn't Miller say earlier this year that the club plans to have less players coming off contract each year. That they would look at staggering contracts so they could focus on retaining the 3/4 coming off contract each year? By looking at that including Nordstrand there's 10 coming off contract at the end of 16/17 season... #Jets

Premy
18-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Didn't Miller say earlier this year that the club plans to have less players coming off contract each year. That they would look at staggering contracts so they could focus on retaining the 3/4 coming off contract each year? By looking at that including Nordstrand there's 10 coming off contract at the end of 16/17 season... #Jets

There's nothing stopping the Club re-signing any of those 10 from now and until there contracts run out.
One step at a time, get this season coming squad finalized first and then look at 17-18 retention.

Jeterpool
18-04-2016, 11:20 AM
There's nothing stopping the Club re-signing any of those 10 from now and until there contracts run out.
One step at a time, get this season coming squad finalized first and then look at 17-18 retention.

Miller has also said he didn't like re-signing players to contracts longer than he'd be at the club to leave a bad legacy for the manager who would replace him.

stopper2
18-04-2016, 11:32 AM
I'd be happy if we could offload Cooper, Pavicevic, Brennan
To be fair, Brennan had some injury issue/s before the season which carried into the first half of the season and when he came back it was only 3 appearances off the bench in the last 3 games. Deserves a chance to see out his 2nd year on his contract in my opinion, wouldn't be taking up too much space in the cap either.

MFKS
18-04-2016, 11:53 AM

In practice you stagger it so you are only having 6 off contract a year you are giving blokes 4 year deals

Madness

Better off sticking to 1-2 year deals and having a dozen off contract each year.

Just be proactive and sign the blokes you need ASAP

Wilso8948
18-04-2016, 12:28 PM
In practice you stagger it so you are only having 6 off contract a year you are giving blokes 4 year deals

Madness

Better off sticking to 1-2 year deals and having a dozen off contract each year.

Just be proactive and sign the blokes you need ASAP

Not saying what is and isn't right. Just stating what Miller said.

borat
18-04-2016, 12:58 PM
When a new owner is imminent it would not be wise to sign a Visa player for longer than 12 months.

Big plus about this signing is that Miller now has a striker signed and sealed early that we can build our recruitment around. Don't have to be waiting until 2 weeks before the comp starts for the central striker to arrive and hoping that the combination also works

The Postman
18-04-2016, 01:49 PM
When a new owner is imminent it would not be wise to sign a Visa player for longer than 12 months.

Big plus about this signing is that Miller now has a striker signed and sealed early that we can build our recruitment around. Don't have to be waiting until 2 weeks before the comp starts for the central striker to arrive and hoping that the combination also works

Another ST and 2 wide players and we are just about set, could get by with Cowbie at LB again.

hawk
18-04-2016, 02:04 PM
get berish. pay the sqillion. wont regret it

Jeterpool
18-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Another ST and 2 wide players and we are just about set, could get by with Cowbie at LB again.

We were hamstrung by this and had limited ability to attack down the left hand side through the fullback. Great player with a future at the club, but we need to do better than simply "get by" next year.

I'd go after Ben Garrucio. He's behind Zullo and is good enough for a first team spot. Do to him as we did to Neville a few seasons ago and offer him a first choice position.

Tommyjet
18-04-2016, 02:55 PM
We were hamstrung by this and had limited ability to attack down the left hand side through the fullback. Great player with a future at the club, but we need to do better than simply "get by" next year.

I'd go after Ben Garrucio. He's behind Zullo and is good enough for a first team spot. Do to him as we did to Neville a few seasons ago and offer him a first choice position.

Dylan murnane from victory worth a shout too imo

cobra23
18-04-2016, 03:10 PM
give archie thompson a happy meal wage to keep playing.
i still think he deserves another year.

BodyNovo
18-04-2016, 03:13 PM

actually I think you may find its the other way round these days. admittingly zullo's out for the year but garrucio took the spot off him a while back

I would take garrucio in a heart beat.

upon a new owner I would be throwing marquee wages at jimmy Holland, he would carve it up in a middle 3 with poljak & Ugar. they are in the bottom 3 in bundesliga number 2.

Nou Camp
18-04-2016, 05:16 PM
is there a list of a league players coming off contract somewhere

MFKS
18-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Connor Pain from Tards

leftrightout
18-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Connor Pain from Tards
That guy is terrible! GVE dream, just a good athlete, terrible touch though!

turbojetfireV8
18-04-2016, 09:50 PM
http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2016/04/18/jets-retain-former-danish-international/

going on Scotty's comments he's already eying off a few a-league players who appear to be 'playing finals football' -OK, who's got the list nou camp asked for??? :)

plague
18-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Connor Pain from Tards

He's got tiny little short carnie arms.

turbojetfireV8
18-04-2016, 09:56 PM
He's got tiny little short carnie arms.
dwarfism??

stopper2
18-04-2016, 10:43 PM

going on Scotty's comments he's already eying off a few a-league players who appear to be 'playing finals football' -OK, who's got the list nou camp asked for??? :)
Heard that Alex Wilkinson is one.
Would add some much needed composure at the back. Mullen and Boogs both gave away too many silly fouls and cards this season.
Couldn't imagine Boogs, the club captain being released, so I wonder if Mullen will go or do we have 3 experienced CB's on our books?....that's if Wilkinson does get signed.

turbojetfireV8
18-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Boogs and Wilkinson, two ex-gyppos at the back?? no wonder Birraz wants to leave... FFS keep Mullen! TBH though, I think Mullen is underrated, the times he had to come back to cover because others weren't where they were supposed to be, and the cards that should have been the other way round can't be held against him, he's a clean tackler and worked well all year, and when Boogs isn't suspended the pair of them work pretty well together

Frodo
19-04-2016, 08:29 AM

This list is from December, just to keep the conversation going. Someone with knowledge than me can put forward the updated list when they find it.

CLUB BY CLUB

ADELAIDE UNITED (12)

Mate Dugandzic

Jordan Elsey

Craig Goodwin

James Jeggo

Bruce Kamau

Dylan McGowan

George Mells

Mark Ochieng

Pablo Sanchez

Dylan Smith

John Solari

Benjamin Warland

BRISBANE ROAR (12)

Brandon Borrello

Daniel Bowles

Devante Clut

Henrique

James Donachie

Javier Hervas

Jack Hingert

Steven Lustica

Jade North

Jean Carlos Solorzano

Shane Stefanutto

Jamie Young

CENTRAL COAST (5)

Josh Bingham

Daniel Heffernan

Jake McGing

Matthew Sim

Tomislav Uskok

MELBOURNE CITY (14)

James Brown

Connor Chapman

Jack Clisby

Wade Dekker

Aaron Hughes

Patrick Kisnorbo

Robert Koren

Marc Marino

Stefan Mauk

Jacob Melling

Paulo Retre

Jason Trifiro

David Williams

Michael Zullo

MELBOURNE VICTORY (9)

Nicholas Ansell

Kosta Barbarouses

Leigh Broxham

Matthieu Delpierre

Guilherme Finkler

Giancarlo Gallifuoco

Jesse Makarounas

Dylan Murnane

Archie Thompson

NEWCASTLE JETS (11)

Enver Alivodic - GONE

Joshua Barresi - GONE

Mark Birighitti

David Carney - GONE

Jason Hoffman

Lachlan Jackson

Ben Kantarovski

Brandon Lundy - GONE

Leonardo Santiago - GONER

Milos Trifunovic - EVEN MORE GONER

Cameron Watson - I CAN'T EVEN

PERTH GLORY (14)

Diogos Ferreira

Diego Castro

Ante Covic

Guyon Fernandez

Richard Garcia

Hagi Gligor

Alex Grant

Chris Harold

Mitch Oxborrow

Josh Risdon

Sidnei Sciola

Jordan Thurtell

Michael Thwaite

Marc Warren

SYDNEY FC (14)

Ali Abbas

Zach Anderson

Anthony Bouzanis

Alex Brosque

Jacques Faty

Alex Gersbach

Vedran Janjetovic

Alex Mullen

Christopher Naumoff

Ivan Necevski

Matthew Simon

Robert Stambolziev

Jacob Tratt

Riley Woodcock

WELLINGTON PHOENIX (24)

#NOTE: FFA has included the entire Phoenix squad, despite some contracted beyond 2016. Obviously this is all wrong now.

Kwabena Appiah-Kubi

Roly Bonevacia

Troy Danaskos

Thomas Doyle

Andrew Durante

Louis Fenton

Dylan Fox

Justin Gulley

Lewis Italiano

Roy Krishna

Vince Lia

James McGarry

Michael McGlinchey

Glen Moss

Manny Muscat

Blake Powell

Matthew Ridenton

Albert Riera

Alejandro Rodriguez

Logan Rogerson

Alex Rufer

Oliver Sail

Jeffrey Sarpong

Ben Sigmund

WESTERN SYDNEY (15)

Alberto Aguilar

Daniel Alessi

Dean Bouzanis

Romeo Castelen

Shannon Cole

Shayne D’Cunha

Dimas Delgado

Alusine Fofanah

Andreu Mayoral

Golgol Mebrahtu

Federico Piovaccari

Liam Reddy

Brendon Santalab

Jaushua Sotirio

Frodo
19-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Personally i reckon we will have a crack at signing either Clut or Borrello. I'd prefer Borrello, but i think we will try to get one of them with Oar playing their now.

We need to find players who can't get first team football at their current clubs but deserve to, or players being replaced next year. I don't think we have enough to offer to pinch any top level talent from other teams in this league.

MFKS
19-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Personally i reckon we will have a crack at signing either Clut or Borrello. I'd prefer Borrello, but i think we will try to get one of them with Oar playing their now.

We need to find players who can't get first team football at their current clubs but deserve to, or players being replaced next year. I don't think we have enough to offer to pinch any top level talent from other teams in this league.

Exactly why I suggested Pain

He is quick he is left footed and that is rare.

He isn't going to be overtly expensive wages wise

His career has also stalled as Victree are a successful side and the signing of Kalfallah has left him out

He would get a start everywhere else in the HAL

Jeterpool
19-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Exactly why I suggested Pain

He is quick he is left footed and that is rare.

He isn't going to be overtly expensive wages wise

His career has also stalled as Victree are a successful side and the signing of Kalfallah has left him out

He would get a start everywhere else in the HAL

Yep, i'm with you on that one. Add to the fact JP would know him as well.

Steven Lustica is a player i'd consider too.

People's thought on Shannon Cole as a left back option? Bloke can take a free-kick as well.

lil_masi
19-04-2016, 09:35 AM

People's thought on Shannon Cole as a left back option? Bloke can take a free-kick as well.

Borrello and Cole have re-signed. Id take Pain as well. Not a bad player for not much money. Way better than someone like Hoole/Naumoff.

borat
19-04-2016, 09:36 AM

These 2,Clut and Borello, would be my guess as well from the teams still playing finals.
Young, Olyroo/u20 experience, on min wage contracts, looking for game time. That is the criteria I reckon will be applied to all our recruits bar the Visa signings

Could see us signing both and can't see why we wouldn't

borat
19-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Borrello and Cole have re-signed. Id take Pain as well. Not a bad player for not much money. Way better than someone like Hoole/Naumoff.
The problem I have with Pain is that he reminds me so much of Virgilli. Very fast but zero end product. Unless we can move on Brennan/Pav it would be a no for me.

borat
19-04-2016, 09:50 AM

Lustica would be on a decent salary despite not starting often from his pedigree playing in Croatia. I suspect he is headed for SFC/Wanderers being a Canberran

borat
19-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Would like to see us have a lash at Blake Powell if he is available.

leftrightout
19-04-2016, 10:22 AM
As i said yesterday, would love Castelen.
Also wouldnt mind Clut as a lot seem to rate him and its a real possibility.
Nick Ansell i reckon has big potential as does Donachie.
Stefan Mauk is at Adelaide now, is he signed longer than this year? I would assume so.
Even Pablo Sanchez, seems to always be on Adelaides bench but has a pretty bloody good scoring record!

Who ever said Pain is like Virgilli is bang on for me.... couldn't have put it better myself!

No doubt we will end up with Marc Warren and Leigh Broxham!

Beeen
19-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Thank ****. I was getting worried some pork chops would come up with supporter group 'The cole mine' or something of that ilk :brrr:

Frodo
19-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Thank ****. I was getting worried some pork chops would come up with supporter group 'The cole mine' or something of that ilk :brrr:

Sign Ryall at the same and call them the "Cole Minors"??

Frodo
19-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Don't forget this list is 4 months old so players would have been resigned but it's a decent indicator.

Borrello is being pushed out by Oar and is more finished article than Clut so i'd rather sign him. Cole would be a decent option at LB, Cowburn then becomes backup for both fullbacks and fresh legs in the midfield.

Jeterpool
19-04-2016, 11:22 AM
As i said yesterday, would love Castelen.
Also wouldnt mind Clut as a lot seem to rate him and its a real possibility.
Nick Ansell i reckon has big potential as does Donachie.
Stefan Mauk is at Adelaide now, is he signed longer than this year? I would assume so.
Even Pablo Sanchez, seems to always be on Adelaides bench but has a pretty bloody good scoring record!

Who ever said Pain is like Virgilli is bang on for me.... couldn't have put it better myself!

No doubt we will end up with Marc Warren and Leigh Broxham!

Ansell resigned.

I mentioned Pablo Sanchez to a mate during a chat the other day as an possible option after listening to the Fox podcast.

Tommyjet
19-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Don't forget this list is 4 months old so players would have been resigned but it's a decent indicator.

Borrello is being pushed out by Oar and is more finished article than Clut so i'd rather sign him. Cole would be a decent option at LB, Cowburn then becomes backup for both fullbacks and fresh legs in the midfield.

Pretty sure borello signed a extension

cobra23
19-04-2016, 11:39 AM
i think that james brown bloke from city would be a handy pickup

stopper2
19-04-2016, 12:12 PM
i think that james brown bloke from city would be a handy pickup

What a "handy pickup" to bolster our "squaddies"? Why would we not keep Kitto but then go and sign Brown, a player whose career has been at a standstill for four years?

MFKS
19-04-2016, 12:16 PM
What a "handy pickup" to bolster our "squaddies"? Why would we not keep Kitto but then go and sign Brown, a player whose career has been at a standstill for four years?

Sarcasm from Cobra Stopper

Sarcasm meter of yours not work the best does it ??

Couscous
19-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I concur with the Member. Connor Pain in. A good coach could turn those engines into something special, like a Sukhoi Su-35.

Also, my hot sauce tells me the Dane will re-sign despite his lack of overhead goals.

Wilso8948
19-04-2016, 12:21 PM
I concur with the Member. Connor Pain in. A good coach could turn those engines into something special, like a Sukhoi Su-35.

Also, my hot sauce tells me the Dane will re-sign despite his lack of overhead goals.

Living under a rock?

Frodo
19-04-2016, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure borello signed a extension

Tis but a piece of paper. He went from playing everygame to not even making the bench once Orrr arrived.

If we offer him a starting gig and the same money all it takes is a little tantrum and he is ours.

leftrightout
19-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Kitto leaving is still a bit baffling to me!
Surely he wasn't on much coin and was a great squad player.

19-04-2016, 12:35 PM

4 years is being kind i think.

borat
19-04-2016, 12:52 PM

You can only have so many squaddies and we seem to be stuck with a few attackers from Stubbins

MFKS
19-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Depends what Millertime has in mind.

If he has identified he wants this player or that player in the front 4 and he brings us a quality front 4 then no one will bat an eyelid at Kittos departure.

Hopefully it is Millertime saying Kitto isn't at the standard I want I want better

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-04-2016, 01:11 PM

There was talk of a couple of other clubs sniffing around, Adelaide being one.

Couscous
19-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Living under a rock?

Que? I suppose you're pinning your hopes on the JSF? It has nothing on the Su-35 and never will. We need a team of Sukhois, not expensive duds that keep failing.

borat
19-04-2016, 01:55 PM
So Miller in the Herald says Kitto was let go so they can persue better quality players. Also that Kanta and Hoff are in negotiations with Birraz an uncertain quantity

3 Visa players on the menu I reckon, left and right sides striker and a No 10

RAM
19-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I'd **** off Mullen, Cooper & Pavicevic

I'd have a look at the availability and contractual arrangements of:

AU - Marrone, La Rocca, Cirio, Kamau

BR - Maclaren (dreaming), Hingert, Borrello, Donachie

MC - Melling, Bruno & Mooy lol

MV - Bozanic, Ansell

PG - Zads, Lowry, Castro, Marinkovic, Keogh, Risdon

Syd - Naumoff

WP - Bonevacia

WS - Vidosic, Bitch Nichols

Realistically most of the good players above wouldn't sign for us. PG have too much $$ for us in particular.

borat
19-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Castelen could be a realistic option. Wanderers may release him and we have Visa spots to use.

Frodo
19-04-2016, 02:18 PM
So Miller in the Herald says Kitto was let go so they can persue better quality players. Also that Kanta and Hoff are in negotiations with Birraz an uncertain quantity

3 Visa players on the menu I reckon, left and right sides striker and a No 10

I want a Visa/Marquee Centre mid. Midfield is where you control the game and we need to have someone of high quality to compete. Look at Perth/Adelaide/WSW/Roar etc, their big money was spent on Midfielders. Citeh have shown that a big striker will get you towards the top but they were inconsistent and never looked like the best team in the league. I reckon our number 1 priority should be a midfielder if we want to compete with the top 4 teams.
Wingers should be last on the list. I think with a strong spine we should be able to find some Aussies who can send in a cross. If you can keep the ball for the majority of the match your wingers will have an easier time and will ultimately perform better.

Frodo
19-04-2016, 02:19 PM
I'd **** off Mullen, Cooper & Pavicevic

I'd have a look at the availability and contractual arrangements of:

AU - Marrone, La Rocca, Cirio, Kamau

BR - Maclaren (dreaming), Hingert, Borrello, Donachie

MC - Melling, Bruno & Mooy lol

MV - Bozanic, Ansell

PG - Zads, Lowry, Castro, Marinkovic, Keogh, Risdon

Syd - Naumoff

WP - Bonevacia

WS - Vidosic, Bitch Nichols

Realistically most of the good players above wouldn't sign for us. PG have too much $$ for us in particular.

Please wake up, remove head from arse, take another look at your list and think about what you've done. Thankyou.+

The guys in black are locked in starters, in better teams than ours, competing for trophies and probably on better money than our players! Should i continue?

monz6
19-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Please wake up, remove head from arse, take another look at your list and think about what you've done. Thankyou.+

The guys in black are locked in starters, in better teams than ours, competing for trophies and probably on better money than our players! Should i continue?

David carney was a locked in starter at a better team than Sydney and he moved

Bon
19-04-2016, 03:02 PM

:lulzturtle:

RAM
19-04-2016, 03:05 PM
David carney was a locked in starter at a better team than Sydney and he moved

lol

RAM
19-04-2016, 03:06 PM

Pure fantasy. I know.

borat
19-04-2016, 03:10 PM
I want a Visa/Marquee Centre mid. Midfield is where you control the game and we need to have someone of high quality to compete. Look at Perth/Adelaide/WSW/Roar etc, their big money was spent on Midfielders. Citeh have shown that a big striker will get you towards the top but they were inconsistent and never looked like the best team in the league. I reckon our number 1 priority should be a midfielder if we want to compete with the top 4 teams.
Wingers should be last on the list. I think with a strong spine we should be able to find some Aussies who can send in a cross. If you can keep the ball for the majority of the match your wingers will have an easier time and will ultimately perform better.

Centre Mid as an 8 or another 10 to replace Leonardo?

For mine we have seen Millers system all year. It's 4231 and that's about it. I can see getting an 8 to play 433 but can't see Miller changing his stripes. As he says in today's article, now he gets the opportunity to get the players he wants

Highly doubt Monty will play wide again and will stay in his preferred position of 9 or 10. Therefore I can see us going after another 9/10 and the two interchanging, or just a specialist creative 10.

Then the wide players. What would be perfect would be get an Alivodic but who can actually finish. Castelen would be good but clearly Miller has players lined up for his May trip OS.

WolfMan
19-04-2016, 04:41 PM

Farking so good

MFKS
19-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Am hearing rumours that Brennan is a chance of leaving??

Only one sauce so far so we see we see

Jetmaster
19-04-2016, 05:33 PM
I think we forget that Kitto was injury replacement for Labi, so all being well there is a new player for the front third immediately.

Mark325
19-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I think we forget that Kitto was injury replacement for Labi, so all being well there is a new player for the front third immediately.

I think the biggest thing with Kitto is that, when compared to the other squaddies we had up front he seemed to show some more promise then the rest.

But, at the same time he's been given a lot more chances then the rest. Obviously he's been injured for a good portion of his stay here but Coops and Kitto have the same amount of appearances for the Jets, and Kitto was only here for one season. Obviously it still has to do with skill, but to give Lundy one game where he didn't perform the best, or give Pav and Coops sporadic appearances off the bench and expect them to perform isn't gonna happen. Kitto was pretty rough when he started, having okay games here and there but through extended runs got better, so all it may have taken was Cooper to get the same extended runs and he may have been the player getting a triple hat trick against the coast

borat
19-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Am hearing rumours that Brennan is a chance of leaving??

Only one sauce so far so we see we see
Miller told him to leave around the time Themba left but he refused. Said he would stick it out

borat
19-04-2016, 07:12 PM
That's it. To sign Kitto we are adding an additional attacking player to the squad when we are short on defensive depth

Mark325
19-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Whoever said earlier to make a play at pablo sanchez I agree with, guy god 8 goals last season and wasn't even a starting footballer for the first half or so from memory, with consistent starting football he'd be brilliant

19-04-2016, 08:01 PM

I can recall numerous games where Vidosic came off the bench for Wankerers. No harm in putting out the feelers for his services if he wants more minutes.

stopper2
19-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I can recall numerous games where Vidosic came off the bench for Wankerers. No harm in putting out the feelers for his services if he wants more minutes.

I'm pretty sure he is the Aussie Marquee 380. Until the ownership has been sorted, we would be wasting our time even approaching the likes of Vidosic. He has been a bit patchy this season but when he is on song he knows his way to goal and has a bit of pace.

MFKS
19-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Heard that Alex Wilkinson is one.
Would add some much needed composure at the back. Mullen and Boogs both gave away too many silly fouls and cards this season.
Couldn't imagine Boogs, the club captain being released, so I wonder if Mullen will go or do we have 3 experienced CB's on our books?....that's if Wilkinson does get signed.
Missed that

Ationzione Plague

Can you imagine if MFAW and Boogz were our centre halves??
Gypos everywhere

Meltdown time

plague
19-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Missed that

Ationzione Plague

Can you imagine if MFAW and Boogz were our centre halves??
Gypos everywhere

Meltdown time

Oh don't worry I've already called crime stoppers to dob that silly bastard in.

stopper2
20-04-2016, 11:27 AM
You guys realise that none other than Lawrie McKinna has been mentioned as the new CEO? Was reported in the Herald last week.
Has coached in China and is believed to have had dealings with Martin Lee.
Once you get over the initial shock that we would have him involved at our club, he may be just what we need, someone from outside to come in and make the tough decisions without fear or favour.
One thing, when he was involved with the Mariners, either as a coach or Director of football they were mostly competitive and thereabouts amongst the top sides.

Jeterpool
20-04-2016, 11:29 AM
You guys realise that none other than Lawrie McKinna has been mentioned as the new CEO? Was reported in the Herald last week.
Once you get over the initial shock that we would have him involved at our club, he may be just what we need, someone from outside to come in and make the tough decisions without fear or favour.
One thing, when he was involved with the Mariners, either as a coach or Director of football they were mostly competitive and thereabouts amongst the top sides.

Cue foz meltdown in 3......2........

furns
20-04-2016, 11:38 AM
:popcorn:

Jetmaster
20-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Myself personally have no issues with Gypos seeing the light and coming across to kiss the feet of Griff and be absolved of their sins.

To have Laurie and possibly Wilkinson here would bring interminable mirth and make the Coasties realise how much they have stuffed up.

stopper2
20-04-2016, 12:01 PM
For those who missed it....

A-League: Recruitment the key to Jets rising to next level
JAMES GARDINER

SCOTT Miller knows that the best coaches are also the best recruiters.

Therein lies the challenge as Miller attempts to build a roster capable of taking the Jets to the next level.

The Jets completed their maiden season under the former Fullham assistant with a 4-2 win over arch rivals Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on Saturday night.

The win moved the Jets to 30 points – 13 more than last season – and confirmed eighth place. Though a vast improvement on 2014-15, the Jets finished 11 points adrift of sixth-placed Victory.

Now comes decision time.

The Jets have improved their defence, leaking 41 goals compared to 55. However, their 28 goals for is the lowest in the league.

They have 10 players off contract, headed by keeper Mark Birighitti and imports Nordstrand, Leonardo and Enver Alivodic.

“Player recruitment will determine our success next year,” Miller said. ”It is no secret where our deficiencies lie. A number of factors contributed to that in terms of of how I structured the recruitment from the defensive phase to the attacking side. Financially it didn’t leave much in the attacking third to have an impact. Those discussions will take place with players in the next fortnight. It’s not all negative. The decisions will not be emotional, they will be based on bench-marking every performance. That is how you make good business decisions in football.”

Football Federation Australia are close to finalising the sale of the club to Chinese lighting magnate Martin Lee. The Herald understands that former Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has been earmarked for a senior administration position in the new set-up. An American consortium headed by Jeff Von Schmauder also remain interested. FFA briefed Jets coaching and office staff last Thursday.

Miller has another year to run on his contract, but is yet to meet with Lee.

“The outcome of starting next season with a new owner is very exciting for everyone involved,” Miller said.

“It has been a difficult season, I won’t lie. It has been challenging for me in my first role, but it’s one I’ve enjoyed. I am highly frustrated with the outcome, finishing eighth with 30 points. I wouldn’t be too greedy in suggesting we could have another six or nine points with clinical finishing. I must say the playing group has been outstanding. I have been highly critical of them and very demanding of them, but I can’t fault them. Also the support from the coaching staff, especially assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny, has been outstanding.”

lquiquer
20-04-2016, 12:01 PM

all we need next is the Kiwi Pest McGlinchey.....:slap:

q-money
20-04-2016, 12:11 PM
stopper aka WLG mk2

stopper2
20-04-2016, 12:15 PM
all we need next is the Kiwi Pest McGlinchey.....:slap:

If he was available, why not?
I would draw the line with Hutcho being involved at the Jets but really couldn't care anymore if they are an ex-Gypo, if they can contribute on the field where it matters and help us move out of that bottom four than sign 'em up.

furns
20-04-2016, 12:23 PM
For those who missed it....

A-League: Recruitment the key to Jets rising to next level
JAMES GARDINER

SCOTT Miller knows that the best coaches are also the best recruiters.

Therein lies the challenge as Miller attempts to build a roster capable of taking the Jets to the next level.

The Jets completed their maiden season under the former Fullham assistant with a 4-2 win over arch rivals Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on Saturday night.

The win moved the Jets to 30 points – 13 more than last season – and confirmed eighth place. Though a vast improvement on 2014-15, the Jets finished 11 points adrift of sixth-placed Victory.

Now comes decision time.

The Jets have improved their defence, leaking 41 goals compared to 55. However, their 28 goals for is the lowest in the league.

They have 10 players off contract, headed by keeper Mark Birighitti and imports Nordstrand, Leonardo and Enver Alivodic.

“Player recruitment will determine our success next year,” Miller said. ”It is no secret where our deficiencies lie. A number of factors contributed to that in terms of of how I structured the recruitment from the defensive phase to the attacking side. Financially it didn’t leave much in the attacking third to have an impact. Those discussions will take place with players in the next fortnight. It’s not all negative. The decisions will not be emotional, they will be based on bench-marking every performance. That is how you make good business decisions in football.”

Football Federation Australia are close to finalising the sale of the club to Chinese lighting magnate Martin Lee. The Herald understands that former Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has been earmarked for a senior administration position in the new set-up. An American consortium headed by Jeff Von Schmauder also remain interested. FFA briefed Jets coaching and office staff last Thursday.

Miller has another year to run on his contract, but is yet to meet with Lee.

“The outcome of starting next season with a new owner is very exciting for everyone involved,” Miller said.

“It has been a difficult season, I won’t lie. It has been challenging for me in my first role, but it’s one I’ve enjoyed. I am highly frustrated with the outcome, finishing eighth with 30 points. I wouldn’t be too greedy in suggesting we could have another six or nine points with clinical finishing. I must say the playing group has been outstanding. I have been highly critical of them and very demanding of them, but I can’t fault them. Also the support from the coaching staff, especially assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny, has been outstanding.”
Which doesn't necessarily mean CEO position. I would hope that means as High Performance or Director of Football.
I think the CEO position needs to be filled by someone with relevant experience. McKinna has zero grounding in football club administration.
Go get Liolio or bring back Murphy. Shame Johnny T wouldn't be interested in leaving the Wanderers, although he might end up as HAL CEO.

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2016, 12:28 PM
If he can get us running as well as the mariners did on a shit budget and get us to be as competitive as the mariners were in the first 8? or so seasons then i would gladly have him at our club. Wasnt lawrie the guy who also discovered tommy rogic and matty ryan or was the arnold?

Jeterpool
20-04-2016, 12:38 PM
I'll play devil's advocate for a sec.

Those Liverpool fans on here may take stock and think back to Martin Broughton, a proclaimed Chelsea fan who was charged by Royal Bank of Scotland and agreed by Hicks and Gillette to assist in selling the club.

Many Liverpool fans were skeptical of his appointment because at the time Chelsea and Liverpool had a very bitter rivalry. They thought this was a chance for someone to bring the club down. Instead, Broughton pulled the wool over the eyes of Hicks and Gillette and left them with nothing. He will always be fondly remembered by Liverpool fans after this. His chosen team was then a negligible point.

What I am saying is that despite his previous allegiances, McKinna still has professional integrity. To go about screwing the club over would reflect badly on him as well and could damage future positions in and out of the game.

A successful club financially helps all those involved.

furns
20-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Not saying in any way he would even contemplate screwing over the club.
Am just wary of appointing someone with little or no club administration experience to a position that will be crucial in reviving our fortunes for the coming months & years.

Jeterpool
20-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Not saying in any way he would even contemplate screwing over the club.
Am just wary of appointing someone with little or no club administration experience to a position that will be crucial in reviving our fortunes for the coming months & years.

Didn't mean to quote you...my bad.

q-money
20-04-2016, 12:49 PM
haha remember that bloke that did the number on tinks? old kenny edwards? get him back on board

MFKS
20-04-2016, 01:08 PM
I'll play devil's advocate for a sec.

Those Liverpool fans on here may take stock and think back to Martin Broughton, a proclaimed Chelsea fan who was charged by Royal Bank of Scotland and agreed by Hicks and Gillette to assist in selling the club.

Many Liverpool fans were skeptical of his appointment because at the time Chelsea and Liverpool had a very bitter rivalry. They thought this was a chance for someone to bring the club down. Instead, Broughton pulled the wool over the eyes of Hicks and Gillette and left them with nothing. He will always be fondly remembered by Liverpool fans after this. His chosen team was then a negligible point.

What I am saying is that despite his previous allegiances, McKinna still has professional integrity. To go about screwing the club over would reflect badly on him as well and could damage future positions in and out of the game.

A successful club financially helps all those involved.

No different than a player or coach changing clubs

Next year when Mourinhio takes charge at Man Utd I am pretty certain he will be entirely focused in winning the game against Chelsea

stopper2
20-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Which doesn't necessarily mean CEO position. I would hope that means as High Performance or Director of Football.
I think the CEO position needs to be filled by someone with relevant experience. McKinna has zero grounding in football club administration.
Go get Liolio or bring back Murphy. Shame Johnny T wouldn't be interested in leaving the Wanderers, although he might end up as HAL CEO.
According to James Gardiner and Ray Gatt (on twitter) the other week he could be either CEO or Technical Director.
Is he still Lord Mayor of Gosford? Surely he wouldn't be able to do both roles, we need a CEO or Technical Director who is 100% committed to the role and to the Newcastle Jets, not as a "job on the side" FFS!

Jeterpool
20-04-2016, 04:06 PM
According to James Gardiner and Ray Gatt (on twitter) the other week he could be either CEO or Technical Director.
Is he still Lord Mayor of Gosford? Surely he wouldn't be able to do both roles, we need a CEO or Technical Director who is 100% committed to the role and to the Newcastle Jets, not as a "job on the side" FFS!

I believe he's no longer the mayor

plague
20-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Because Wilkinson is garbage and McKinna only ever dealt with poor people who have no voice in this world.

Bloke wouldn't last 5 minutes up here with millionaires like Hawk asking the big questions.

Anyone with any scent of gypo in their history should be blackballed from this club immediately and until we start standing up for these things we'll forever be asking for games on 'family day' and selling mid strength beer.

Would rather the club fold and remember the good times when not being a broke ass povo gypo scumbag meant something.

Frodo
20-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Perth just signed Rhys Williams for a year

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/perth-glory-announce-signing-of-socceroos-utility-rhys-williams/news-story/6b0aa9e29c96caa34e51d89b00c3ecc9

We need to go pinch Vadocz, he's been super solid in midfield for them this last half of the season. Probably better than Poljak, who i rate higher than most on this forum do. Musn't be on huge coin if they can afford all these players.

turbojetfireV8
20-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I believe he's no longer the mayor

Their council website still lists him as mayor http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/about-council/our-council/councillor-information - unless he is stepping down?

Jeterpool
20-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Their council website still lists him as mayor http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/about-council/our-council/councillor-information - unless he is stepping down?

AH cool. Thanks. I thought I'd heard it but I am wrong.

hawk
20-04-2016, 07:32 PM

this is gypocrisy

stopper2
20-04-2016, 08:00 PM
We need to go pinch Vadocz, he's been super solid in midfield for them this last half of the season. Probably better than Poljak, who i rate higher than most on this forum do. Musn't be on huge coin if they can afford all these players.
Just the other week the Fox team were highlighting how much Vadocz has been the unsung hero for Perth since he came here in January.
His presence in midfield has allowed Castro more freedom which resulted in that golden run they had when Keogh was scoring for fun and Castro and Harold were also chipping in. Certainly worth enquiring about.

northern_swan
20-04-2016, 08:43 PM

Still the Mayor, however they are in the process of merging with the other Gypo council (the one with all the caravan parks). Lawrie might be thinking the writing is on the wall and it's a good time to leave stinktown???

MFKS
20-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Still the Mayor, however they are in the process of merging with the other Gypo council (the one with all the caravan parks). Lawrie might be thinking the writing is on the wall and it's a good time to leave stinktown???

Sounds like the Gypo Kingdom is coming together

Why would he leave the throne of ruling caravan parks??

turbojetfireV8
20-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Central Coast building magnate welcomes Gosford Wyong merger, "It's good for business, I can transform this town"
https://vimeo.com/157809839

la bazzle
21-04-2016, 02:34 PM
this is gypocrisy

Me agree.

q-money
21-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Because Wilkinson is garbage and McKinna only ever dealt with poor people who have no voice in this world.

Bloke wouldn't last 5 minutes up here with millionaires like Hawk asking the big questions.

Anyone with any scent of gypo in their history should be blackballed from this club immediately and until we start standing up for these things we'll forever be asking for games on 'family day' and selling mid strength beer.

Would rather the club fold and remember the good times when not being a broke ass povo gypo scumbag meant something.

http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgfc4R1fB1qlfy8xo1_r2_250.gif

leftrightout
25-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Also i would love to see us make a play for Castelen from Wanderers.
I know its a risk with his injuries but he is just such an exciting player and he is off contract. Him and Morten running at defenders and hopefully a new striker who can score a goal, we would finally be exciting to watch!

Well there goes that theory... His price just doubled for any A-League club!

WolfMan
26-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Hoff officially re-signed for 2 more seasons. Good stuff

cobra23
26-04-2016, 11:07 AM

love the hoff

lquiquer
26-04-2016, 11:11 AM

Now that's bad news....Donkey

GazFish35
26-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Presser:

Jason Hoffman sticks with Jets

Home grown defender Jason Hoffman has extended his stay with Newcastle Jets after agreeing to terms with the club to remain a part of Scott Miller’s side for a further two seasons.

Hoffman, a Mayfield United junior and former Hamilton Olympic player, began his professional career with the Jets during the club’s 2008 Hyundai A-League Championship winning campaign.

The former Australian youth international was one of Miller’s first signings after his arrival at the club midway through 2015, reconnecting with the men from Hunter Stadium after four years with Melbourne Heart/City.

Having started 25 of 27 matches for the Jets throughout A-League season 11, Hoffman said that he’s proud to have prolonged his tenure with his hometown team.

“Obviously being a local boy having the opportunity to extend my time at the club is exciting,” Hoffman said.

“It’s a great time to be at the Newcastle Jets as the club continues to move in the right direction under Scott’s leadership.”

“I am a Newcastle boy and I would love nothing more than to help the club feature at the top end of the A-League again,” he explained.

Newcastle Jets Head Coach Miller believes retaining key players in his squad is crucial to the continued development of the team for A-League season 12 and beyond.

“Continuity is key in our progression as a team, and I am pleased Jason has committed his future to the Jets for a further two seasons,” Miller said.

Last week the Jets announced the retention of former Danish international Morten Nordstrand on a one-season contract.

Buddha
26-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Good to see they are still training, i saw Nick Cowburn out the front of Fannys last whilst after i got booted, asked him why he wasnt in the gutter in an absolute state, told me they were still bloody training! Miller ruling with an Iron Fist

cobra23
26-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Good to see they are still training, i saw Nick Cowburn out the front of Fannys last whilst after i got booted, asked him why he wasnt in the gutter in an absolute state, told me they were still bloody training! Miller ruling with an Iron Fist

So he should,
We have achieved sweet fu@k all.
miller might have that facter we are missing to knock the layed back newy approach way out of our system.

MFKS
26-04-2016, 11:44 AM

If they ain't doing laps and suffering for not making the finals what exactly is the point??

Better off having it off and have a longer pre season with as many of next seasons personnel on hand

q-money
26-04-2016, 11:50 AM
it's not a full program, the blokes that need the time off for injuries etc are being rested so i hear

Nou Camp
26-04-2016, 12:18 PM
they usually get about 6 weeks off in the off season

RAM
26-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Our 2016/17 line up

----------------------------
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/04/1438693_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg

Others in squad

Melling
Mullen
Pavicevic
Jackson
Haliti
Kantarovski
Brennan
Cooper

:rof:

Tommyjet
26-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Our 2016/17 line up

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/04/1438693_Championship_Manager_Team.jpg

Others in squad

Melling
Mullen
Pavicevic
Jackson
Haliti
Kantarovski
Brennan
Cooper

Uskok got dumped by the mariners and is all of a sudden good enough to start for us?

MFKS
26-04-2016, 02:39 PM
they usually get about 6 weeks off in the off season

So by that come May 22nd h they could have had 6 weeks off and be running laps of Ray Watt for the next couple of months as a ****ing reminder not to be training in May again

RAM
26-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Uskok got dumped by the mariners and is all of a sudden good enough to start for us?

Yep

Frodo
26-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Our 2016/17 line up

Others in squad

Melling
Mullen
Pavicevic
Jackson
Haliti
Kantarovski
Brennan
Cooper

Baptista is rubbish and only just signed for Orlando City. Would rather have the Triff back then sign him.

Why would Melling leave a club who almost made the GF to come sit on our bench?

Why would we drop a HAL level CB for a bloke who couldn't make it the wooden spooners??

Kamau is just breaking into the first team, and getting a good amount of playing time, and that team is about to be in the ACL and could potentially be the reigning champions?

Frodo
26-04-2016, 04:04 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/imposing-portuguese-striker-hugo-almeida-could-be-bound-for-aleague-action/news-story/8d46ed3faf45fa72147bc1827912fe32

Thoughts?

Doesn't Mr Lee have links to Portuguese football officials and such?

turbojetfireV8
26-04-2016, 04:17 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/imposing-portuguese-striker-hugo-almeida-could-be-bound-for-aleague-action/news-story/8d46ed3faf45fa72147bc1827912fe32

Thoughts?

Doesn't Mr Lee have links to Portuguese football officials and such?

Seeing as the local agent is in Melbourne would expect Tards to be onto it first, especially if FFA are gonna fork out for it, unlikely we'd get a look in...

Frodo
26-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Seeing as the local agent is in Melbourne would expect Tards to be onto it first, especially if FFA are gonna fork out for it, unlikely we'd get a look in...

I don't think Victory would want him and if Citeh keep Bruno they won't either. So realistically its probably Adelaide or Shitney that he would end up. Unless we get a new owner looking to make a statement...

Bon
26-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I don't think Victory would want him and if Citeh keep Bruno they won't either. So realistically its probably Adelaide or Shitney that he would end up. Unless we get a new owner looking to make a statement...

Will probably go to Perth..
They seem to have plenty of room still.. :gent:

turbojetfireV8
26-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Wilkinson to Shitney so thankfully he's a no go ;)

RAM
27-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Baptista is rubbish and only just signed for Orlando City. Would rather have the Triff back then sign him.

Why would Melling leave a club who almost made the GF to come sit on our bench?

Why would we drop a HAL level CB for a bloke who couldn't make it the wooden spooners??

Kamau is just breaking into the first team, and getting a good amount of playing time, and that team is about to be in the ACL and could potentially be the reigning champions?

Its a wish list of players coming off contract not a prediction

Why would any player want to join us?

RAM
27-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Lord Bendtner is a free agent now too :rof:

borat
27-04-2016, 01:58 PM
So the Herald today says that the FFA has instructed Miller not to make any substantial signings before the sale of the club is completed. If it is indeed the Ledman Group that is the successful bidder, judging by their intentions in the Portugese 2nd Div you would think our foreign players will all be of Chinese descent.

The Herald also claims we have signed a player from another A-league club and will be announced after the Grand Final. You would think then it must be an Australian on a modest contract from either Wanderers or Adelaide. Looking over either clubs off contract list I can't see any player in that category....BUT...I have heard a strong rumour we have signed Devante Clut. Wether this is the same player we will see

Mark325
27-04-2016, 02:39 PM
So the Herald today says that the FFA has instructed Miller not to make any substantial signings before the sale of the club is completed. If it is indeed the Ledman Group that is the successful bidder, judging by their intentions in the Portugese 2nd Div you would think our foreign players will all be of Chinese descent.

The Herald also claims we have signed a player from another A-league club and will be announced after the Grand Final. You would think then it must be an Australian on a modest contract from either Wanderers or Adelaide. Looking over either clubs off contract list I can't see any player in that category....BUT...I have heard a strong rumour we have signed Devante Clut. Wether this is the same player we will see

Nothing wrong with signing Chinese foreigners, as long as they're good and Miller does also want them on board then I see no problems with that

It'll be Clut, already said he won't be with Roar next season and was linked to us in the transfer window, if it's him I'd say that's a solid signing. Not blowing anyone away but has potential to be a great player and has had some a-league experience. He's the type of players we really should be signing from other a-league teams

Wilso8948
27-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Clut's Clits

MFKS
27-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Nothing wrong with signing Chinese foreigners, as long as they're good and Miller does also want them on board then I see no problems with that

It'll be Clut, already said he won't be with Roar next season and was linked to us in the transfer window, if it's him I'd say that's a solid signing. Not blowing anyone away but has potential to be a great player and has had some a-league experience. He's the type of players we really should be signing from other a-league teams

James Brown Sam Gallagher Cameron Watson Joey Gibbs Kaz Patafta

Yep all signed here with HAL experience and all on the scrap heap

Jeterpool
27-04-2016, 03:14 PM
He's the type of players we really should be signing from other a-league teams

We said the same about Mitch Cooper back in the day, to be fair. Granted his career has been blighted by serious knee injuries since he joined us.

The Dunster
27-04-2016, 03:33 PM

No Chinese player of any note would ever play in the A-league given the better money available in their own country. Hence, the Jets would be odds on to be signing Chinese Shit Beetle types rather than high quality types.
Unless of course they simply just want to be closer to Griffo and are willing to make a massive pay cut.

Mark325
27-04-2016, 03:52 PM
James Brown Sam Gallagher Cameron Watson Joey Gibbs Kaz Patafta

Yep all signed here with HAL experience and all on the scrap heap

There's a difference between some of those players and what Clut is

Watson had already played over a hundred odd games for Adelaide, people knew who he was and what he could achieve

Gallagher was not considered a prospect, played 5 games over two teams and wasn't wanted at either

Joey Gibbs played 4 games, all off the bench and got not even a full game all together of game time, also did score a goal in that time. Hardly given enough of a chance to be considered a waste

I'll pay Patafta & Brown as potential that didn't work

I did say solid signing that's not blowing anyone away, it's worth investing a couple of youth players and I'd rather go with someone like Clut then someone from a youth team that's never been against a-league competition

Mark325
27-04-2016, 03:54 PM
We said the same about Mitch Cooper back in the day, to be fair. Granted his career has been blighted by serious knee injuries since he joined us.

Yeah but the season with Stubbins he was considered a bright spot, and he had some decent runs this season. I wouldn't discount Coops yet as being someone with the potential

MFKS
27-04-2016, 06:01 PM
There's a difference between some of those players and what Clut is

Watson had already played over a hundred odd games for Adelaide, people knew who he was and what he could achieve

Gallagher was not considered a prospect, played 5 games over two teams and wasn't wanted at either

Joey Gibbs played 4 games, all off the bench and got not even a full game all together of game time, also did score a goal in that time. Hardly given enough of a chance to be considered a waste

I'll pay Patafta & Brown as potential that didn't work

I did say solid signing that's not blowing anyone away, it's worth investing a couple of youth players and I'd rather go with someone like Clut then someone from a youth team that's never been against a-league competition

What that Clut hasn't had the Jets ruin his career yet??

That is the only difference

Brown Cooper Patafta were all handy pick ups when they arrived.
They are not now are they??

Yeah a few blokes have made a name for themselves at the Jets Taggsrt Brillante Birraz etc but I thinking that more their abilities winning through in spite of the bullshit they have had to put up with and has **** all down to the coaching

stopper2
27-04-2016, 07:42 PM
What that Clut hasn't had the Jets ruin his career yet??

That is the only difference

Brown Cooper Patafta were all handy pick ups when they arrived.
They are not now are they??

Yeah a few blokes have made a name for themselves at the Jets Taggsrt Brillante Birraz etc but I thinking that more their abilities winning through in spite of the bullshit they have had to put up with and has **** all down to the coaching

Yeah agree Member. Taggz was lucky that Heskey got injured in the pre-season that year and was thrust into the starting line-up simply because he was the only other option as a #9. Even with Brillante, GVE basically done to him what Miller done to Cowburn this season....using him in a makeshift role to fill the gaps in defensive roles when the kid is a midfielder. Fair enough they are still getting valuable experience playing at HAL level, but we just don't have a good record over the years of developing young players....in their best positions.

RAM
28-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah agree Member. Taggz was lucky that Heskey got injured in the pre-season that year and was thrust into the starting line-up simply because he was the only other option as a #9. Even with Brillante, GVE basically done to him what Miller done to Cowburn this season....using him in a makeshift role to fill the gaps in defensive roles when the kid is a midfielder. Fair enough they are still getting valuable experience playing at HAL level, but we just don't have a good record over the years of developing young players....in their best positions.

HK had to play at LB as a youth player, they should just be happy to get a run ffs

If you're good enough, you're old enough. I wouldn't drop Ugar or Poljak in favour of Cowburn in midfield.

The Dunster
28-04-2016, 02:05 PM
If you're good enough, you're old enough. .

The list of highly skilled kids in many sports that were good enough but ended up having shortened careers due to injury is very long.

Add to that the mental toughness required to cope both on and off field at the professional level and it's nowhere near as simple as you make it sound.

Kanta is a good example. GVE used a 16 year old kid still growing like he was a hardened 25 year old and most people would say now that it probably ****ed his career.

The Dunster
28-04-2016, 02:09 PM

Why would we want to develop young players when other clubs can do it for us ? It's a waste of money.

borat
28-04-2016, 03:08 PM
The list of highly skilled kids in many sports that were good enough but ended up having shortened careers due to injury is very long.

Add to that the mental toughness required to cope both on and off field at the professional level and it's nowhere near as simple as you make it sound.

Kanta is a good example. GVE used a 16 year old kid still growing like he was a hardened 25 year old and most people would say now that it probably ****ed his career.
What are you talking about??

Seriously debate all you like on GVE but the only thing that screwed Kanta's development is going to the U20 WC with a busted knee, against GVE's advice. Of which Kanta said so himself.

The bollocks that gets tossed around on this forum is amazing.

Grimario
28-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Well lookie here.

http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/article/clut-granted-roar-release/1bh4u7j3enzc61rik13sj7p2nj

PC14
28-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Clut might be on the mark.

Has been granted an early release from his Roar contract.

(Grim beat me to it)

Jeterpool
28-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Jets just announced we signed Clut

borat
28-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Understudy to a foreign No 10. Will also limit Mitch Coopers opportunities

Grimario
28-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Jets just announced we signed Clut

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/clut-recruit-determined-devante-joins-jets/1dbtjae08gnns1g0bltm6tdhfc

Imyourhero
28-04-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm very excited by Clut, I just hope we don't wreck him.

RAM
28-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Clut will flop.

Tommyjet
28-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Good talent!! Great to add to our outside threat, something we have sadly been missing

Jeterpool
28-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Understudy to a foreign No 10. Will also limit Mitch Coopers opportunities

I agree. This is a direct threat to his position. He can either step up or look to challenge in a different role, such as the position out wide he played in the Brisbane game.

stopper2
28-04-2016, 03:50 PM
He has shown that he has a nose for goal and will back himself when a goalscoring opportunity arises.
For whatever reason (make your own mind up about this one), apart from Kitto, to a certain extent, none of the younger players in an attacking sense really kicked on this season. Just hope Clut will get some decent opportunities to showcase his talents and make the most of them.

Jeterpool
28-04-2016, 04:06 PM
He has shown that he has a nose for goal and will back himself when a goalscoring opportunity arises.
For whatever reason (make your own mind up about this one), apart from Kitto, to a certain extent, none of the younger players in an attacking sense really kicked on this season. Just hope Clut will get some decent opportunities to showcase his talents and make the most of them.

As a Miller signing I think he will get his chance, and probably ahead of Cooper (unless he impresses). Where the risk to his appearances may occur is a new owner removing Miller and replacing him with his own coach.

borat
28-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Clut will flop.

Clut played only 8 games off the bench last year. There is no where to flop to

leftrightout
28-04-2016, 04:23 PM
You would think, assuming Miller still in charge, Clut will go infront of Cooper.
Considering they wanted to sign him in January and were knocked back. To then still chase him now when other options would be available shows that they really wanted him here.

Personally, im all for it. I have always been reasonably impressed when he played for Brisbane.
Good signing as long as its not one of our "big" signings.

belchardo
28-04-2016, 04:28 PM
deva's devos.

RAM
28-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Clut played only 8 games off the bench last year. There is no where to flop to

He'll flop himself to a SE Asian 2nd division.

Hope he proves me wrong.

RAM
28-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Cooper needs to be dispatched to the NPL. He's tried, he's failed.

Like the member with women.

GazFish35
28-04-2016, 05:02 PM
deva's devos.

nah.

Cluts ****s

RAM
28-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Clut's Cluster****

RAM
28-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Clut is a Parramatta junior. Is he a Malteser like Muscat?

EDIT - see he's French/Spanish

Hunter403
28-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Squaddie only from what I've seen. Can't get a run at Brisvegas and they are happy not to re sign him

Hope he proves me wrong.

halo se7en
28-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Squaddie only from what I've seen. Can't get a run at Brisvegas and they are happy not to re sign him

Hope he proves me wrong.

Technically, he was released by mutual consent... maybe they would have been happy to keep him but didn't want to upset him (or others who want out)

A few Roar fans aren't particularly happy about it, which I'll take as a good sign.

But as we know with these younger guys that play sporadically before signing with us, anything can happen.

Retro Jet
28-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Clut's cl*ts FTW...or for the :ban:?

MFKS
28-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Finger your Clut banner I think needed

MFKS
28-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I not understand the logic behind Roar not keeping him

Last season and in the ACL he showed a great deal of promise and potential

Aloisi comes in and he can't get a look in.

Wonder what the reasons are for that

I can understand him wanting to come here to get First XI football if his chances at Roar are limited but it beats me as to why Roar released him so readily.

Even if he didn't get a look in this year he would be one for the future particularly with Broich about 35-36

Wonder really why he got let go and are we picking up damaged goods???

borat
28-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I not understand the logic behind Roar not keeping him

Last season and in the ACL he showed a great deal of promise and potential

Aloisi comes in and he can't get a look in.

Wonder what the reasons are for that

I can understand him wanting to come here to get First XI football if his chances at Roar are limited but it beats me as to why Roar released him so readily.

Even if he didn't get a look in this year he would be one for the future particularly with Broich about 35-36

Wonder really why he got let go and are we picking up damaged goods???

You already said it. Aloisi doesn't rate him nearly as highly as Thijssen did.

furns
28-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Brisbane journo highlights an attitude issue. Probably a personality clash with Aloisi.
This issue crops up all the time in football, prepared to give Miller the benefit of the doubt he can sort him out.

Jeterpool
28-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Finger your Clut banner I think needed

Clut's cl*ts FTW...or for the :ban:?

Can already hear Harper or Slater saying "Clut needs to pull his finger out and help there"

De-Champ
28-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Clut is a Parramatta junior. Is he a Malteser like Muscat?

EDIT - see he's French/Spanish

I thought he was dutch

Jetmaster
28-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Have a laugh and take a look at the Squad thread during January. Ugar and Nobby regarded as uninspiring signings by some....Clut first mentioned as well.

WolfMan
28-04-2016, 10:07 PM
I just hope he doesn't go missing. Can be difficult to find at times

Grimario
28-04-2016, 10:10 PM

If he plays well and we can always find Clut, I reckon we will come first. Knowing the Jets though we'll always be lost and end up closer to the bottom.

Jetmaster
28-04-2016, 10:14 PM
I have a Kiwi porn VHS somewhere called "Clut Luckin' Chucks"...

28-04-2016, 10:22 PM
More out than in.

lil_masi
28-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Id like us to make a play for lustica. Strengthen our midfield.
What are the chances we'll release any of cooper,brennan,pavicevic?

pv4
29-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Brisbane journo highlights an attitude issue. Probably a personality clash with Aloisi.
This issue crops up all the time in football, prepared to give Miller the benefit of the doubt he can sort him out.

Clut trialled with WSW before heading to Brisbane and Poppa didn't sign him because of his attitude problem. WSW saying no to a local lad says a lot to me.

I'd like to try and be optimistic but I don't see Clut being anything other than Mitch Cooper mk2 under Miller.

The Postman
29-04-2016, 07:06 AM
2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
3. Jason Hoffman - 17/18
8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
19. Morten Nordstrand - 16/17
20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18
25. Devante Clut - 17/18

Ben Kantarovski
Mark Birighitti

7 more if the above 2 Re-sign,

Wilso8948
29-04-2016, 08:10 AM

I see what you did there

Tommyjet
29-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Id like us to make a play for lustica. Strengthen our midfield.
What are the chances we'll release any of cooper,brennan,pavicevic?

We have his cousin, he is off contract and we need all the attack minded mids we can get.
would like to see us linked with a leftback soon. Murnane, woodcock, garuccio

hawk
29-04-2016, 10:06 AM

strained player manager relations is no stranger here.

Lets just see how bad he is first before we judge....;)

Premy
29-04-2016, 10:07 AM
would like to see us linked with a leftback soon. Murnane, woodcock, garuccio
Isn't Abbas of contract? Wouldn't be the worst signing, he was looking good at Sydney before his injury.

Roundball Enthusiast
29-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Isn't Abbas of contract? Wouldn't be the worst signing, he was looking good at Sydney before his injury.

Would be someone we'd go for. Coming back from a major reconstruction. Probably due for another. Sign him up.

Tommyjet
29-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Heavily linked with a move to the k-league presently

Jetmaster
29-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Guys like Ali were good servants but time to move on.

Tommyjet
29-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Guys like Ali were good servants but time to move on.

Agreed

borat
29-04-2016, 12:49 PM
2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
3. Jason Hoffman - 17/18
8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
19. Morten Nordstrand - 16/17
20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18
25. Devante Clut - 17/18

Ben Kantarovski
Mark Birighitti

7 more if the above 2 Re-sign,

4 more not 7. 20 is min squad size

The Postman
29-04-2016, 01:04 PM
4 more not 7. 20 is min squad size

True that, Miller barely gave the bottom of the roster players a go this year, may as well save time and spend more on less and fill out the roster with kids.

4 more players for me should be a ST, CM, LB and a Winger

leftrightout
29-04-2016, 01:11 PM
So do we think that Clut is the A-league player the herald claimed we had signed but wouldn't announce until after the grand final?

Jeterpool
29-04-2016, 06:22 PM
So do we think that Clut is the A-league player the herald claimed we had signed but wouldn't announce until after the grand final?

Yes I think so

The Dunster
30-04-2016, 09:37 AM
What are you talking about??

Seriously debate all you like on GVE but the only thing that screwed Kanta's development is going to the U20 WC with a busted knee, against GVE's advice. Of which Kanta said so himself.

The bollocks that gets tossed around on this forum is amazing.

I did not know that. Comment retracted. GVE In.

#BringBackGVE

anfield
30-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Clut is a great signing. He was never going to get much of a look in with Broich and henrique at roar. Especially considering broich is marquee and under contract for next year.
We still have 3 foreign spots available. Why dont we follow 2 best A league teams this year and go Spanish. West Sydney and Adelaide have strong Spanish contingents. Good players at good price with spanish financial troubles.

I would let Clut and cooper battle for the no10 shirt. Give 2 young players an oppurtunity. I would look at both a foreign right and left winger. The third foreigner could be someone that could play anywhere in front third.

The defence has been reasonably solid considering most opposition teams dominate possession. A new left back is needed, why not give a young kid a game.

I would be looking to fill all squad positions with gun young players from around Australia that have come out of NYL. Jets youth could push up a player or 2, but Cluts Brisbane Roar team might be worth a look. They finished 2nd in their pool, beat finalists Adelaide by 10 or so in one regular season game.

With Jackson and Clut on board why not add one or two more. Matthew Schmidt is roars youth left back, wont get a run with brown there. Why not look at him?

Jetmaster
30-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Archie anyone?

boz-monaut
30-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I kind of wish he'd just retire - he is 38 years old after all

going anywhere else won't work particularly well and may ruin his relationship with his current fan base

sucking and extra year out of his legs may hurt his chances of a post playing career as a pundit in the football media (or alternatively as a Fox Sports commentator)

stopper2
30-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Um signing Archie would be on a par with re-signing Bridges a few years back. Giving a contract to a player +35 years old who can only offer 20 minutes cameos is a total waste of a squad spot.

Jetmaster
30-04-2016, 05:22 PM
I reckon the Gypos will make enquiries....if they can sign Garcia, Archie will seem like a bargain.

MFKS
30-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Um signing Archie would be on a par with re-signing Bridges a few years back. Giving a contract to a player +35 years old who can only offer 20 minutes cameos is a total waste of a squad spot.
Sounds like the kind of stupid short sighted thing the Jets would do

I am sold

Archie In

5 5 5

belchardo
30-04-2016, 06:03 PM
I assume he'd head overseas for a final season.

Jeterpool
30-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Matthew Schmidt is roars youth left back, wont get a run with brown there. Why not look at him?

I haven't seen him play. Do you have any reports?

turbojetfireV8
30-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Sounds like the kind of stupid short sighted thing the Jets would do

I am sold

Archie In

5 5 5

Never realised Archie was Spanish, get him in. Sign Garcia as well, guaranteed another toilet seat*

*albeit one with stabiliser handles on the sides

OmeletteDuFromage
30-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Seen a few Roar NYL games, Schmidt's not near a-league level.

tomo
01-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Clut is a great signing. He was never going to get much of a look in with Broich and henrique at roar. Especially considering broich is marquee and under contract for next year.
We still have 3 foreign spots available. Why dont we follow 2 best A league teams this year and go Spanish. West Sydney and Adelaide have strong Spanish contingents. Good players at good price with spanish financial troubles.

I would let Clut and cooper battle for the no10 shirt. Give 2 young players an oppurtunity. I would look at both a foreign right and left winger. The third foreigner could be someone that could play anywhere in front third.

The defence has been reasonably solid considering most opposition teams dominate possession. A new left back is needed, why not give a young kid a game.

I would be looking to fill all squad positions with gun young players from around Australia that have come out of NYL. Jets youth could push up a player or 2, but Cluts Brisbane Roar team might be worth a look. They finished 2nd in their pool, beat finalists Adelaide by 10 or so in one regular season game.

With Jackson and Clut on board why not add one or two more. Matthew Schmidt is roars youth left back, wont get a run with brown there. Why not look at him?

And thats probably why your not an A-League coach!!!

The Dunster
01-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Seen a few Roar NYL games, Schmidt's not near a-league level.

True. But if he can show that he has knee problems that should be enough to make him a priority signing.

Jeterpool
01-05-2016, 09:18 AM
True. But if he can show that he has knee problems that should be enough to make him a priority signing.

anfield
01-05-2016, 09:36 AM

And im guessing neither are you???

tomo
01-05-2016, 11:03 AM
And im guessing neither are you???

You are correct. And i have never claimed to be one

Premy
01-05-2016, 11:22 AM

You're kidding here's me thinking anfield was the next national team coach.
You could probably forgive me and anfield thinking this is a forum for like minded people to talk about thier thoughts.

tomo
01-05-2016, 11:43 AM
You're kidding here's me thinking anfield was the next national team coach.
You could probably forgive me and anfield thinking this is a forum for like minded people to talk about thier thoughts.

Not everyone is like minded, so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because i dont believe in anfields comments, it doesnt mean im not allowed to say it...

Theres plenty of people on here disagreeing with each other, not just myself. Im sure you are quite happy to voice your opinion when you disagree with something someone says on here? Or are you too like minded....?

plague
01-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Never realised Archie was Spanish, get him in. Sign Garcia as well, guaranteed another toilet seat*

*albeit one with stabiliser handles on the sides

I enjoyed this very much.

Premy
01-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Not everyone is like minded, so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because i dont believe in anfields comments, it doesnt mean im not allowed to say it...

Theres plenty of people on here disagreeing with each other, not just myself. Im sure you are quite happy to voice your opinion when you disagree with something someone says on here? Or are you too like minded....?

Really so this isn't a forum for people who share a passion for Football, you know a like minded passion for Football.

If you disagree with what anfield has to say let him know that you disagree with his thoughts. Having a jibe that he isn't something that he never claimed to be doesn’t offer anything constructive.

Jetmaster
01-05-2016, 09:24 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3880894/jets-on-track-to-resign-kanta/?cs=12

Looks like Kanta locked in.

leftrightout
01-05-2016, 09:43 PM

Great news, would be crazy to let him go! He is a local and is a decent player who can play multiple positions and still has potential to be a great A-League player (even though it feels like he has been around forever)

anfield
01-05-2016, 10:05 PM

In general there is so much negativity about the jets on here. Sure we want them to be the best. But really after all the crap that went down under tinkler and stubbins, the jets had to rebuild. It takes time.

Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing. Dont really hear many signing suggestions that are realistic. Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint a few but we arnt Barcelona, Real Madrid or Dundee United (well possible we could beat them).

The jets are up against some clubs that spend much more cash with their marqees and allowances. Not a fair playing field. So until we get an owner, the jets must rely on good transfers and probably take a punt on a player or two.

hawk
01-05-2016, 10:05 PM
sadly, I think he'll be a low level squaddie from here out

anfield
01-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Brad norton, left back from south Melbourne fc. 25 , played a few games with Adelaide utd a few years back. Rated really highly by plenty of VNPL watches on fourfourtwo.

Another suggestion.
Another suggestion to bag.

hawk
01-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing.

So until we get an owner....

Talking about the signings we have had, since 08 every signing has failed to get us to the semi's so its pretty hard to praise that

suggestions give us hope

plague
01-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint

Shows what you know pal.
I have been searching the webs all night and I can't see one denial from Messi or his agent saying he's not coming here.

I remember they said the same thing when Venebles coached us. No one thought we'd land him.

halo se7en
01-05-2016, 10:57 PM

Worthy of a presser or do they have something else to announce at the same time. There's something oddly efficient & methodical about the way the club are announcing released players, re-signings & new signings. Minimal to no rumors, no dragged out contract sagas, nothing getting played out in the media, and no list of 20 players we're 'going to' sign but ultimately won't. Where have the real Jets gone??

MFKS
01-05-2016, 11:13 PM
In general there is so much negativity about the jets on here. Sure we want them to be the best. But really after all the crap that went down under tinkler and stubbins, the jets had to rebuild. It takes time.

Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing. Dont really hear many signing suggestions that are realistic. Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint a few but we arnt Barcelona, Real Madrid or Dundee United (well possible we could beat them).

The jets are up against some clubs that spend much more cash with their marqees and allowances. Not a fair playing field. So until we get an owner, the jets must rely on good transfers and probably take a punt on a player or two.

That's a pretty negative attitude

In 1 hours time I be watching Lester City play to win the EPL

Yeah that right Lester playing to win the EPL

And your telling me I should be happy with us being second best to clubs who spend more than us so go tell that to Lester whilst they find somewhere to be sticking that trophy they are getting soon

Anda you also want to sabotage my lofty expectation/dream of making the ****ing Top 4 by signing a pile NYL players instead of capable players who will get us somewhere??

FMD

Dream big Buddy

If I wanted to support mediocrity and under achievement forever I would ditch supporting the Jets and go support Liverpool.
That's their attitude but not mine

Dream big or GTFO

anfield
01-05-2016, 11:46 PM

And your telling me I should be happy with us being second best to clubs who spend more than us so go tell that to Lester whilst they find somewhere to be sticking that trophy they are getting soon

Anda you also want to sabotage my lofty expectation/dream of making the ****ing Top 4 by signing a pile NYL players instead of capable players who will get us somewhere??

FMD

Dream big Buddy

If I wanted to support mediocrity and under achievement forever I would ditch supporting the Jets and go support Liverpool.

Dream big or GTFO

Calm down.... A think you missed the point. I never said we should be happy to be second best. This year was a rebuilding year, next year they will have more of a chance. Especially if new owners jump on board.

Enjoy watching Leicester.

parksey
01-05-2016, 11:55 PM
*Lester

hawk
01-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Calm down.... A think you missed the point. I never said we should be happy to be second best. This year was a rebuilding year, next year they will have more of a chance. Especially if new owners jump on board.

Enjoy watching Leicester.

Fire up Anfield, get stuck into him. ;).

Someone has to be optimistic, keep up the good work and keep up the scouting. not many are good at that round here.

furns
02-05-2016, 01:00 AM

Dream big or GTFO
Come on Member get your hand off it - we would kill to be a regional city like Liverpool with their history and trophy cabinet ffs
Recent mediocrity is due to poor administration and player recruitment. Much like the Jets, come to think of it.

WolfMan
02-05-2016, 06:21 AM
sadly, I think he'll be a low level squaddie from here out

If that is the case, I hope the remuneration reflects this. Sick of hearing about us paying overs

borat
02-05-2016, 12:11 PM
With the 4 squad places left, I would like to see us sign a starting foreign CAM, LAM and RAM. Of these 3 one needs to also be able to play striker.

Last squad spot needs to be versatile and cheap. A back up RB who can also play either DM or CB. Basically clone Nick Cowburn.

Premy
02-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Is Poljak an Australian citizen yet?

lil_masi
02-05-2016, 12:19 PM
With the 4 squad places left, I would like to see us sign a starting foreign CAM, LAM and RAM. Of these 3 one needs to also be able to play striker.

Last squad spot needs to be versatile and cheap. A back up RB who can also play either DM or CB. Basically clone Nick Cowburn.

So who will be the LB?

borat
02-05-2016, 12:28 PM
So who will be the LB?

I am happy with Cowburn at LB with Jackson as his backup. Give Nick another season to develop in the role.

If we use more of the salary cap or marquees then use a squad place on a LB but for our budget Nick does a great job.

Currently we have no RB cover for the Hoff. Daniel Alessi from the Wanderers would be a great pick up if he wanted more opportunities

Tommyjet
02-05-2016, 12:44 PM
I am happy with Cowburn at LB with Jackson as his backup. Give Nick another season to develop in the role.

If we use more of the salary cap or marquees then use a squad place on a LB but for our budget Nick does a great job.

Currently we have no RB cover for the Hoff. Daniel Alessi from the Wanderers would be a great pick up if he wanted more opportunities

I would like to see us go for murnane at leftback

RAM
02-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the nod, I'd be happy to step up but I don't think the Jets need another bench warmer.

RAM
02-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Lustica is overrated.

leftrightout
02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Lustica is overrated.

Agreed, seems a very average player to me

Beeen
02-05-2016, 01:36 PM

FMD

Dream big Buddy

Dream big or GTFO

6 6 6

WolfMan
02-05-2016, 06:15 PM

No natural LB?

EDIT : Didn't read earlier replies. My bad

02-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Lustica is overrated.

This.

stopper2
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Is Poljak an Australian citizen yet?
No, have seen this question asked a few times now on the Foz. Can't really see why it is such an issue TBH.

stopper2
03-05-2016, 07:52 PM
^^^^
Agree with the sentiments on Lustica. Fair enough we signed a young, fringe player in Clut who I would say came fairly cheap. Lustica on the other hand is 25 and basically still a fringe player for Roar. Looking at the midfielders we have in the current squad, i would be hoping once the ownership is sorted we will be able to be in a position to be chasing players a bit higher in calibre than Lustica.

Premy
03-05-2016, 09:12 PM
No, have seen this question asked a few times now on the Foz. Can't really see why it is such an issue TBH.

It's not an issue but if there is the chance to free up a foreigners spot then it must be something that should be looked into.

stopper2
03-05-2016, 10:52 PM
It's not an issue but if there is the chance to free up a foreigners spot then it must be something that should be looked into.
Yeah free up a foreigners spot; if we can bring in a quality player who can make a difference....which in the Jets case is usually not the case.

RAM
04-05-2016, 11:10 AM
^^^^
Agree with the sentiments on Lustica. Fair enough we signed a young, fringe player in Clut who I would say came fairly cheap. Lustica on the other hand is 25 and basically still a fringe player for Roar. Looking at the midfielders we have in the current squad, i would be hoping once the ownership is sorted we will be able to be in a position to be chasing players a bit higher in calibre than Lustica.

I wouldn't pick Lustica ahead of Poljak, Ugar or Kanta. Waste of money imo.

borat
05-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Lustica is a quality player. Being stuck behind Carona is nothing to be scoffed at. And imo would be an upgrade on Poljak. But for me its a no as we already have enough quality under contract in this position.

BUT....now I am hearing mail we have signed Lustica. Anyone else hearing this?

The Dunster
05-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Lustica is a quality player. Being stuck behind Carona is nothing to be scoffed at. And imo would be an upgrade on Poljak. But for me its a no as we already have enough quality under contract in this position.

A kid with a shit load of ability but lacking the drive or nous to take himself to the next level. Better equipped clubs than the Jets have failed to get this bloke to the next level - not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned.

MFKS
05-05-2016, 06:31 AM

So if as you say he is an upgrade on Poljak then why you saying we have enough quality in this position??

Seems quite an oxymoron when you say he better than the incumbent but we have better reserves than the incumbent

borat
05-05-2016, 08:55 AM
So if as you say he is an upgrade on Poljak then why you saying we have enough quality in this position??

Seems quite an oxymoron when you say he better than the incumbent but we have better reserves than the incumbent

Not at all.

I am saying imo Lustica is an upgrade on Poljak.....but I wouldn't sign him because I don't beleive we need both players. If Poljak was off contract I would think otherwise

plague
05-05-2016, 09:43 AM

Yeah I read that too.

MFKS
05-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Not at all.

I am saying imo Lustica is an upgrade on Poljak.....but I wouldn't sign him because I don't beleive we need both players. If Poljak was off contract I would think otherwise

That makes even less sense.
You are saying he is a better player than the incumbent and you would sign him but not now??

So your basically saying you would rather we kept players who are not as good as starting XI members than strengthen the squad with better players.

Bizarre.

borat
05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
That makes even less sense.
You are saying he is a better player than the incumbent and you would sign him but not now??

So your basically saying you would rather we kept players who are not as good as starting XI members than strengthen the squad with better players.

Bizarre.

You understand the concept of a salary cap right? I mean it's kind of a fundamental element in this league. Or is it you just want to argue for the hell of it.

We have 2 quality starting DMs and a quality backup. As much as I rate Lustica above 2 of those players, signing another would be a waste of the salary cap.

And as far as "I would rather keep"..........the incumbents are under contract. I am working on the wild assumption we can't just rip up contracts when someone else comes along.

[edit] all of the above is my personal opinion.

However I have been told from a reliable source we have signed him already. My earlier post was asking if anyone had heard similar

Tommyjet
05-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Can we all agree that lustica would most definitely be an upgrade on watson.

MFKS
05-05-2016, 10:50 AM
You understand the concept of a salary cap right? I mean it's kind of a fundamental element in this league. Or is it you just want to argue for the hell of it.

We have 2 quality starting DMs and a quality backup. As much as I rate Lustica above 2 of those players, signing another would be a waste of the salary cap.

And as far as "I would rather keep"..........the incumbents are under contract. I am working on the wild assumption we can't just rip up contracts when someone else comes along.

[edit] all of the above is my personal opinion.

However I have been told from a reliable source we have signed him already. My earlier post was asking if anyone had heard similar

Salary cap??

You understand you can release players who are under contract if you can find someone better to do the job??
You understand we didn't have to resign Kanta if we believed we could find better players??

You also understand that we have room under the salary cap alrwady as we released numerous players in the last couple of weeks so the opportunity is there to sign a better CM than the incumbent players??

I wouldn't sign Lustica though the bloke is an enigma.
I would though be looking at signing a player for CM that is superior to our incumbents. It is a key role in the side and it is in my eyes imperative we sign superior quality in this position this off season

A bloke of sufficient quality in this part of the park is a better investment than us wasting our money on a No10 or a No 9 ofn big money

borat
05-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Salary cap??

You understand you can release players who are under contract if you can find someone better to do the job??
You understand we didn't have to resign Kanta if we believed we could find better players??

You also understand that we have room under the salary cap alrwady as we released numerous players in the last couple of weeks so the opportunity is there to sign a better CM than the incumbent players??

I wouldn't sign Lustica though the bloke is an enigma.
I would though be looking at signing a player for CM that is superior to our incumbents. It is a key role in the side and it is in my eyes imperative we sign superior quality in this position this off season

A bloke of sufficient quality in this part of the park is a better investment than us wasting our money on a No10 or a No 9 ofn big money
I get it. You don't agree with my opinion or understand my argument. But now you are just being a d*ck. I posted an opinion that I would make a pragmatic decision not to sign a player and I get bombarded with your tired circular arguments you delight in.

Any player we release obviously has to be mutually agreed and any payout included in the cap. As we currently owned by the FFA and spend the cap floor....paying out players would be counter productive

But you would know this yeah. Seriously your trolling in the off season is particularly lame but this is scraping even lower than your usual standards.

So ignoring the the white noise, as we only currently spend the cap floor Lustica would provide depth and would provide 3 DM/CMs pushing for 2 starting positions. Was stuck behind McKay and Carona at Brisbane, appreciated by Roar fans who didn't want him to leave and Steve Ug's cousin to boot.

If we have signed him then I can see the positives even if it wouldn't be my choice.

RAM
05-05-2016, 11:59 AM

lol yes

MFKS
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I get it. You don't agree with my opinion or understand my argument. But now you are just being a d*ck. I posted an opinion that I would make a pragmatic decision not to sign a player and I get bombarded with your tired circular arguments you delight in.

Any player we release obviously has to be mutually agreed and any payout included in the cap. As we currently owned by the FFA and spend the cap floor....paying out players would be counter productive

But you would know this yeah. Seriously your trolling in the off season is particularly lame but this is scraping even lower than your usual standards.

So ignoring the the white noise, as we only currently spend the cap floor Lustica would provide depth and would provide 3 DM/CMs pushing for 2 starting positions. Was stuck behind McKay and Carona at Brisbane, appreciated by Roar fans who didn't want him to leave and Steve Ug's cousin to boot.

If we have signed him then I can see the positives even if it wouldn't be my choice.

So disagreeing with you is trolling now is it??

You said he was a superior player than the incumbents and then said the incumbents are quality and that you wouldn't sign him
I just pulled you up on this bizarre statement

Then you said you would sign him if Poljak was off contract but he isn't
So I pulled you up on it again.

That's not me trolling you.

That is me challenging your inconsistent argument you are putting up with the prospect of us signing him.

As for the argument going around in circles with salary cap wages etc you offered that up as not me.
I just pointed out we have money we have squad space. to sign him. With Watson's loss we are one short in the CM position anyway

Signing Lustica is basically a decision based on whether he good enough and if Millertime thinks he works for his vision or whether he wants to sign a higher standard player in this role.

So not think I trolling you.
I just discussing it OK??

Mark325
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Miller may be looking at this differently though. Maybe he's signed Kanta more so with the idea that he'd be our CB back-up as opposed to CM, with Lustica being the CM back-up to possible starting depending how the season ends up

Jeterpool
05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Miller may be looking at this differently though. Maybe he's signed Kanta more so with the idea that he'd be our CB back-up as opposed to CM, with Lustica being the CM back-up to possible starting depending how the season ends up

We needed to call on 5 different players in the middle of the park this year - Poljak, Watson, Kantarovski, Cowburn and Ugarkovic. Miller likes a versatile player so Cowburn and Kantarovski fit that bill.

Lustica seems a little odd to me because I would use that position for a left back, particularly as Miller sees Cowburn primarily as a midfield option.

05-05-2016, 03:38 PM

99.99% of the worlds population would be an improvement on Watson.