PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day, cobber!

hawk
24-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Thank God for those blokes who went to war and make the ultimate sacrifice.

and, imagine a world without war docos.

Couscous
25-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Hate this day.

I'm from a proud line of war-shirkers. For more than 150 years, every one of my male ancestors avoided serving in every conflict, despite many being the right age to fight.

These blokes were smart; way ahead of the curve. Why aren't they honoured? Why don't I get to carry their medals (which they should have been awarded) and show my pride in their achievements?

hawk
25-04-2016, 08:05 PM
reckon everyone knows thats how your family rolls

plague
25-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Why aren't they honoured? Why don't I get to carry their medals (which they should have been awarded) and show my pride in their achievements?

There already is a day for those blokes.

boz-monaut
25-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Scott McIntyre has tried to make his point again

you have to admire that level of ****ing everything up for yourself to make a point that no one really wants to hear

Couscous
25-04-2016, 08:45 PM
There already is a day for those blokes.

Throngs of kiddies do not line the streets on 15 May.

The Dunster
25-04-2016, 10:08 PM
I have a lot of respect for soldiers or indeed anyone that puts their life on the line so I can have a day off with pay in April.

lquiquer
25-04-2016, 11:57 PM
I have a lot of respect for soldiers or indeed anyone that puts their life on the line so I can have a day off with pay in April.

Maybe we should have a day off without pay

WolfMan
26-04-2016, 05:19 AM

you have to admire that level of ****ing everything up for yourself to make a point that no one really wants to hear

Missed this, what happened?

boz-monaut
26-04-2016, 11:18 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/25/former-sbs-reporter-scott-mcintyre-repeats-anzac-day-accusations-on-twitter

MFKS
26-04-2016, 12:03 PM

Thing is with him he does have valid points. Problem is he gonna get a rabid reaction from the timing he does it.

Actually have to admire his balls for saying what he thinks at the time he chooses and not worrying about tomorrow.
That takes some balls

Every self righteous hypocrite comes out of the woodwork when you speak things no one likes to hear

I though do find the hypocisy of some of the clowns wishing to tear into him a good laugh though

The Dunster
26-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Maybe we should have a day off without pay

Yes. And we could call it the weekend.