PDA

View Full Version : Jones is Out (pg 49)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

lquiquer
10-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Getting prepared

plague
10-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Getting prepared

5 star thread.

hawk
10-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Jones out

halo se7en
10-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Maybe Lee just reads this forum and thinks it represents the majority of fans :rof:

joel31
10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Maybe Lee just reads this forum and thinks it represents the majority of fans :rof:

Good time to have the member banned then

Roundball Enthusiast
23-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Jones out. Sick of him already. Done nothing with the club since he arrived, etc.

The Dunster
23-09-2016, 03:06 PM
It's September 23 2016 and we are still yet to win a game under Jones. How many chances does he get ?

The Camel
23-09-2016, 03:12 PM
It's September 23 2016 and we are still yet to win a game under Jones. How many chances does he get ?

Bloke weaseled in and worked with Stubbins. Forever stained, no second chances

Jeterpool
23-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Has he brought Griff back yet?

plague
23-09-2016, 03:59 PM
First order of business is to sign Steve Lustica.

If he fails in that then he can **** off.

Lack of vision.

Tommyjet
23-09-2016, 04:24 PM
so the fact griff, wheelhouse and thompson are big fans means nothing?

Roundball Enthusiast
23-09-2016, 05:03 PM

Fans only get one vote, doesn't matter who you are.

plague
23-09-2016, 05:26 PM

Pffffft, sif that's really Griff and Jobe.

Dunno the third bloke you're talking about.

furns
23-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Pffffft, sif that's really Griff and Jobe.

Dunno the third bloke you're talking about.
Thompson is a real estate agent in Maitland
:gent:

plague
23-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Thompson is a real estate agent in Maitland
:gent:

So does he be all chummy when he's selling your house then talks shit about you once the contracts are signed?

turbojetfireV8
23-09-2016, 09:56 PM
was Jones the real reason why we didn't let Jardel sit in the box and let him just wad it in with his dick? too many unanswered questions from last time he was here...

rhysd
24-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Bloke weaseled in and worked with Stubbins. Forever stained, no second chances

From what I recall we instantly improved when jones arrived during that season.

turbojetfireV8
24-09-2016, 02:43 PM
BK on the bench for JD - already a fail, may as well have phoned Paul Izzo up and seen if he was busy this afternoon, couldn't be any worse than JD... :wtf:

Roundball Enthusiast
24-09-2016, 06:00 PM
BK on the bench for JD - already a fail, may as well have phoned Paul Izzo up and seen if he was busy this afternoon, couldn't be any worse than JD... :wtf:

Clean sheet.

Jones can stay as long as he keeps BK on the bench all season.

turbojetfireV8
24-09-2016, 11:25 PM
WSW's own supporters wouldn't know half their lineup this afternoon - really starting to bother me the only A-League team that's fielded a realistic teamsheet against us this preseason has been the gyppos and we struggled against them, don't think we can gauge where we actually are, Adelaide first up could be interesting...

Imyourhero
24-09-2016, 11:56 PM
The thing that worries me is that today we've pretty well played our strongest 11. Besides possibly a formation change, we fielded what we probably can expect to be our starting 11 come rd 1 and we weren't really that convincing against a youth team.

turbojetfireV8
26-09-2016, 05:14 PM
LOLs at the gallery for Jets Wanderers - some WSW players so unknown they don't even have names on their backs... :D

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/photo-gallery/

hawk
29-09-2016, 04:41 PM
LOLs at the gallery for Jets Wanderers - some WSW players so unknown they don't even have names on their backs... :D

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/photo-gallery/

But Jones smacked em ay. coach of the year stuff

turbojetfireV8
29-09-2016, 06:16 PM
we're so conditioned to losing this kinda shit we'd celebrate even the most meaningless of victories, forza Newy :popcorn:

hawk
09-10-2016, 12:41 AM
“I still get goose bumps talking about 2008,” Jones says about the year the Jets won the A-League trophy. “We walked around town feeling like a million dollars. You knew you were respected. We bumped the Knights off the back page and everyone wanted to talk about the Jets. The crowd that day was unbelievable.”

Jones taking the credit for 08. must be good.

plague
09-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Jones taking the credit for 08. must be good.

Set Griff up for the winning goal according to his autobiography.

GazFish35
09-10-2016, 12:20 PM
He made the tifo too.

hawk
17-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Sacking soon? Getting far too many pts

Roundball Enthusiast
18-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Sacking soon? Getting far too many pts

This is how Miller did it too. Started strong, then fell away into Gypo land.

The plan is coming together nicely.

plague
18-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Has anyone stacked this pretenders record up against Deans'?

belchardo
05-11-2016, 08:04 PM
I've started sharpening the tines on my pitchfork.

plague
05-11-2016, 08:16 PM
I'll say again.
Adelaide went to Barca youth program to get a coach. Couple years later they win the comp playing great football.

and we did what again?

Wilso8948
05-11-2016, 08:36 PM
I'll say again.
Adelaide went to Barca youth program to get a coach. Couple years later they win the comp playing great football.

and we did what again?

Went to Adelaides youth program. #jetstheory

Grimario
05-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Hi guys. Room for one more?

WolfMan
05-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm in the Jones Hokey-Pokey camp.

In, out, in, out, shake it all about

plague
05-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Hi guys. Room for one more?

Yeah mate, you can have the Good Members seat. He can stand in the aisle when he rises from the dead.

skullboy
06-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Jones is absolutely clueless! For the first two to three weeks the players performed well individually despite the tactics and actually got results despite the injuries.

Since then the tactics have remained shit with the added challenge of players starting out of position constantly.

He started with a bog-standard dumb-arse 4-4-2, at times they looked like a foosball table but at least players were playing close to their normal positions. Now they are all over the shop.

Hoole is not a striker - he must be played wide or at 10. Brown must be in the centre of the park not out wide. Play Hoffman at the back. How many injured defensive players do we need to have before he goes back into the backline?

Clut must start, he is far superior to anyone else in attack at the moment, plus Kokko must start for as long as he lasts (which will probably be 70 minutes - you can set your watch by it). I could go on for ages but to paraphrase - JONES OUT!!!

Grimario
06-11-2016, 10:23 AM
My favourite bit is when the commentators quoted Jones as basically saying "Kotrombous has good engines"

hawk
06-11-2016, 10:54 AM
My favourite bit is when the commentators quoted Jones as basically saying "Kotrombous has good engines"

All hends on dick for the kiwi commo's

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Jones is absolutely clueless! For the first two to three weeks the players performed well individually despite the tactics and actually got results despite the injuries.

Since then the tactics have remained shit with the added challenge of players starting out of position constantly.

He started with a bog-standard dumb-arse 4-4-2, at times they looked like a foosball table but at least players were playing close to their normal positions. Now they are all over the shop.

Hoole is not a striker - he must be played wide or at 10. Brown must be in the centre of the park not out wide. Play Hoffman at the back. How many injured defensive players do we need to have before he goes back into the backline?

Clut must start, he is far superior to anyone else in attack at the moment, plus Kokko must start for as long as he lasts (which will probably be 70 minutes - you can set your watch by it). I could go on for ages but to paraphrase - JONES OUT!!!

We could forgive one bad performance against WSW (It happens) but three in a row with Jones doing everything you mentioned FMD. Its another stubbins situation with a coach out of his Depth and it looks like he's losing the dressing room

lquiquer
06-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Jones didn't seem too disappointed overall in the presser.... :violin:
“I thought we played out better today and thought we did quite well in terms of keeping possession here."
“It’s a difficult place to play football. I thought we tried to play football." :wacko:

borat
06-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Wish there was a way we can just fast forward to the part where Jones gets the sack. It's going to happen, probably this year, so if we could just get it over with sooner would be great.

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Its miller talking nonsense in the pressers mixed with the coaching ability of stubbins

Grimario
06-11-2016, 01:37 PM
We've gone back up the dark days of GvE. Half the team sheet out of position and winning the "we played well from the back" war despite losing everything else.

plague
06-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Wish there was a way we can just fast forward to the part where Jones gets the sack.

This is fantastic.

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Wish there was a way we can just fast forward to the part where Jones gets the sack. It's going to happen, probably this year, so if we could just get it over with sooner would be great.

who replaces him though. I still think zane is worth a shout. And pretty sure he doesnt play guys out of position

Tommyjet
06-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Needs to show some guts and make changes. Bit hard at the back since the cupboards bare there but needs to start on the mids. Brown needs to drop in for poljak and start controlling some possesion along with ugar. Kokko up front to provide some energy and a target. Clut desreves a shot in behind purely because he has shown the desire and hunger to get the ball and look forward with his passing.
Hoole could probably do with and ego check but we are a bit light on the wings.

Thomas477
06-11-2016, 07:28 PM
What the **** is Jones doing in Adelaide watching the A-League there? He should be back in Newy trying to fix the ****ing mess he's making.

JONES OUT

Wilso8948
06-11-2016, 08:31 PM
What the **** is Jones doing in Adelaide watching the A-League there? He should be back in Newy trying to fix the ****ing mess he's making.

JONES OUT
His daughter plays for Adelaide. Sometimes people have to be actual people outside of their day jobs.

plague
06-11-2016, 08:42 PM

JONES OUT

why would the **** he wanna be in Newy right now?
everyone hatin' on his ass.
he'd rather take his chances with the barrel murderers.

Jeterpool
06-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Has the mid-season slumps come early this year?

turbojetfireV8
06-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Jonesy needs to start coaching the team he has rather than the team he's fantasising he has - Miller back in thanks...

belchardo
06-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Has the mid-season slumps come early this year?

Pre-season calamities coming late

GazFish35
06-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Why are so many thinking the sky is falling.

This is all just SOP.

plague
07-11-2016, 10:52 AM
man i just wished our shitty club paid attention to the Arsenals and Liverpools of this world.
Speed, and positivity are crucial for any success. Even back to when United dominated they played with such pace and swagger it was amazing.

Adelaide showed how its done in our league the day they signed Gombau.

yet here we are 'sticking a boot in' ' putting in a shift' blah blah blah.

such crap.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-11-2016, 10:52 AM

JONES OUT

Play the ball, not the man. I Dont rate Jones, would have rather kept Miller, and he deserves a pasting for his side/tactics on Saturday but he is allowed a life outside our stinky club.
And he didn't create this mess, repeated years of poor choices have.

Jeterpool
07-11-2016, 11:19 AM
man i just wished our shitty club paid attention to the Arsenals and Liverpools of this world.
Speed, and positivity are crucial for any success. Even back to when United dominated they played with such pace and swagger it was amazing.

Adelaide showed how its done in our league the day they signed Gombau.

yet here we are 'sticking a boot in' ' putting in a shift' blah blah blah.

such crap.

To be fair we aren't even putting a boot in anymore - we're the cleanest team in the comp with only 4 yellow cards!

Roundball Enthusiast
07-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Level with the ****ing scum. A tier two NPL team ffs. If we dont go above them this week, I'll be livid.

plague
07-11-2016, 12:42 PM
we are now equal on points with a team that hadn't won in 11 months or something and is 35 odd games and counting without a clean sheet.

anyway though nothing to worry about play for the shirt put in a shift etc etc etc

StannyCFCJET
07-11-2016, 12:48 PM
we are now equal on points with a team that hadn't won in 11 months or something and is 35 odd games and counting without a clean sheet.

anyway though nothing to worry about play for the shirt put in a shift etc etc etc

Playing for the shirt and Putting in a shift is the bear minimum we expect but our players cant even do that FFS

stopper2
07-11-2016, 12:50 PM
To be fair we aren't even putting a boot in anymore - we're the cleanest team in the comp with only 4 yellow cards!

Exactly. You watch other games and usually in the early exchanges you see a bit of "players sorting each other out" and targeting certain key players.
Yeah, it's a bit grubby but it's either that or letting the opposition attain the ascendency....which has happened the past 2 weeks, actually 3 if you count WSW, as well as SFC at home and now the Nix game away.
With the Derby only 2 weeks away, we really need to add some mongrel to our game otherwise I see the ever-improving Gypos under Okon with players like Montgomery and O'Donovan, taking us to task.

plague
07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Playing for the shirt and Putting in a shift is the bear minimum we expect but our players cant even do that FFS

playing for the shirt and putting in a shift should be #99 and #100 on the list of "100 most important things for winning a game".

The Dunster
07-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Exactly. You watch other games and usually in the early exchanges you see a bit of "players sorting each other out" and targeting certain key players.
Yeah, it's a bit grubby but it's either that or letting the opposition attain the ascendency....which has happened the past 2 weeks, actually 3 if you count WSW, as well as SFC at home and now the Nix game away.
With the Derby only 2 weeks away, we really need to add some mongrel to our game otherwise I see the ever-improving Gypos under Okon with players like Montgomery and O'Donovan, taking us to task.

Totally agree with this post.

The Dunster
07-11-2016, 01:54 PM
who replaces him though.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/01/01/1226546/257542-van-egmond.jpg

Do we really need to ask ?

RAM
07-11-2016, 01:58 PM
playing for the shirt and putting in a shift should be #99 and #100 on the list of "100 most important things for winning a game".

Sounds like you've never played football.

plague
07-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Sounds like you've never played football.

and you sound like you've never won anything in your life.

But it seems like we're all just guessing huh.

But here I am all assuming that teams like Barcelona, Spain, San Antonio or the Patriots all had that extended excellence because they were yanno, much better at their sport than others.

Silly me.

plague
07-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Man you guys are the ones laughing Arsene Wenger out the changeroom when he changed players diets and got them off the piss.

Youre the ones thinking Kareem was a sissy for pioneering yoga as a form of injury prevention.

I bet you guys are longing for the day when Terry Butcher, bleeding profusely from a self inflicted* head wound, comes to your club to teach us all what real winning is all about.

* oh wait, that head wound was from once again remembering when a vastly superior player made him look like a clown on the international stage, my bad you guys.

The Dunster
07-11-2016, 02:36 PM
and you sound like you've never won anything in your life.

But it seems like we're all just guessing huh.

But here I am all assuming that teams like Barcelona, Spain, San Antonio or the Patriots all had that extended excellence because they were yanno, much better at their sport than others.

Silly me.

1. None of those teams you mention have the budgetary contraints that the Jets do.
2. They have great players and the Jets players are shit...

Ok carry on.

plague
07-11-2016, 02:51 PM
1. None of those teams you mention have the budgetary contraints that the Jets do.

Irrelevant.
NBA and NFL are salary capped leagues designed to create parity yet both those teams have excelled for an extended period because they recruit well, are well coached and were led by robots.

Barca have obviously spent as well as anyone but their core has been from 'home grown' talent (most of whom are robots) coached up with a defined winning philosophy.

The Spanish national team is made up of people who want their own damn country away from Spain so how much 'passion for the shirt' they are putting in is anyone's guess (and I'm guessing it's really really low).

The jets are allowed to be much much better than they are I just believe all this 'rah rah' English bullshit mentality matters squat in the big picture.

plague
07-11-2016, 02:59 PM
2. They have great players and the Jets players are shit...

A lot of those teams I mentioned are made up of players that no one rated that highly, Tom Brady goes 199 in the draft, Pique not good enough for Man United etc etc.

I think the Jets have some really good players.

I honestly believe they are poorly led from the organisation at pretty much every level.

Wilso8948
07-11-2016, 04:55 PM
The member had it right when he stated we should be aiming to win the league. Anything less is pussy talk

Jeterpool
07-11-2016, 04:59 PM
A lot of those teams I mentioned are made up of players that no one rated that highly, Tom Brady goes 199 in the draft, Pique not good enough for Man United etc etc.

I think the Jets have some really good players.

I honestly believe they are poorly led from the organisation at pretty much every level.

And that comes with change. Constant change of leaders at all levels leaves the club with little to no clear direction on where it is going. People are reluctant to buy into that vision because they know deep down that person will be gone sooner rather than later.

Middleby - Tinkler - Murphy - Eland - McKinna. Look at that progression and we have Tinkler (token) and Eland (acting and across 2 roles as a stop-gap) as 24 months of little to no organisation direction. Murphy was great at setting a direction but was let go.

Plague speaks sense - The Jets have good players - many who would get in most teams matchday squads in this league. I class Boogaard, Ugarkovic, Brown, Cowburn, Nabbout, Nordstrand in that group. We've just had too much change and little or poor leadership. McKinna has a massive job ahead of him and it remains to be seen if he is the right man.

RAM
07-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Man you guys are the ones laughing Arsene Wenger out the changeroom when he changed players diets and got them off the piss.

Youre the ones thinking Kareem was a sissy for pioneering yoga as a form of injury prevention.

I bet you guys are longing for the day when Terry Butcher, bleeding profusely from a self inflicted* head wound, comes to your club to teach us all what real winning is all about.

* oh wait, that head wound was from once again remembering when a vastly superior player made him look like a clown on the international stage, my bad you guys.

Complete non sequitur

I never said that those things were irrelevent

You suggested that hard work and application on the pitch would be ranked 99 or 100 in the 100 most important things to win a match.

That is ****ing stupid. If you don't turn up physically on the day then you're ****ed from the outset. Its a minimum.

A winning mentality is a mentality of commitment, of grinding out results even when the fluidity and style are not flowing on a particular day.

You don't think Barca are committed and work hard? You've seen them press? You think that commitment or application is only displayed through Terry Butcher-esque "bravery". Its not. It comes in many forms, but you can't win anything without it as a foundation.

plague
07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
You suggested that hard work and application on the pitch would be ranked 99 or 100 in the 100 most important things to win a match.

That is ****ing stupid.

I mean you're quoting my post but didn't even read it.

I said nowt about hard work and application.

To me:
'Sticking a boot in' = 'focusing more on being physically dominant over your opponent'

'Putting in a shift' = 'quantity over quality of physical output'.

Man we went through this 'good engines' bullshit with GVE and he failed in that approach.

I want a team of footballers who play football and a coach who's emphasis is winning every game he coaches.

Go ahead and celebrate your centre back kicking crap out of a striker to 'let him know he's in a game' I'll take Piques skill any day.

Go ahead and celebrate your GPS data telling me who ran more in a game, I'll take Pirlo's lazy* ass every day of the week.

Enjoy your football guys, just let me one day dream of seeing mine.

*hed still be fitter than everyone in this Foz.

plague
07-11-2016, 06:24 PM
And that comes with change.

and this is my point.
Someone had it right just a couple of posts ago: Jones IS going to get the sack. So why the hell didn't we take the time to get the best possible option before throwing the bloke to the lions?

This club is now in a cycle where everyone has a scapegoat for their failures. The scary part is a lot of people love that because they will never wear any blame. That (to me) is a pathetic way to live your life.

hawk
07-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Apparently there's no worries and our team is fine. And real supporters shouldnt utter any negative against the power. What I saw on FB.

StannyCFCJET
07-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Apparently there's no worries and our team is fine. And real supporters shouldnt utter any negative against the power. What I saw on FB.

These so called deluded fans are deluded and dont watch any other team besides the Jets so they think what the jets do is the norm

borat
07-11-2016, 08:10 PM
and this is my point.
Someone had it right just a couple of posts ago: Jones IS going to get the sack. So why the hell didn't we take the time to get the best possible option before throwing the bloke to the lions?

This club is now in a cycle where everyone has a scapegoat for their failures. The scary part is a lot of people love that because they will never wear any blame. That (to me) is a pathetic way to live your life.

Because Jones is an inspired choice from Lawrie choosing his mate

The Dunster
07-11-2016, 08:23 PM
I haven't been to a game this season and I didn't renew my membership. That's how confident I am in the players and the people running the Jets.
The team I once supported is gone and while I have a casual interest in seeing a local team in the league I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.
If the Jets were to become successful again I probably still wouldn't bother attending games either because I don't think the magic of the first three seasons will ever be repeated.
To be successful on a shoestring budget against teams with huge budgets and everything in their favor just doesn't seem possible anymore.
Overall, I think when Con was shown the door the FFA should have had the balls to simply end the franchise rather than try and revive a corpse.

With current the owner already bringing in a Chinese player with no pedigree of any note - I don't think Jones is going to ever get what he needs but I'm sure when everything does turn to shit he will be the first one blamed.

The less said about having a Gypo as CEO the better.

plague
07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.

was day 1 of the downfall of this club. No one anywhere near keen to revive it.

hawk
07-11-2016, 09:35 PM
I haven't been to a game this season and I didn't renew my membership. That's how confident I am in the players and the people running the Jets.
The team I once supported is gone and while I have a casual interest in seeing a local team in the league I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.
If the Jets were to become successful again I probably still wouldn't bother attending games either because I don't think the magic of the first three seasons will ever be repeated.
To be successful on a shoestring budget against teams with huge budgets and everything in their favor just doesn't seem possible anymore.
Overall, I think when Con was shown the door the FFA should have had the balls to simply end the franchise rather than try and revive a corpse.

With current the owner already bringing in a Chinese player with no pedigree of any note - I don't think Jones is going to ever get what he needs but I'm sure when everything does turn to shit he will be the first one blamed.

The less said about having a Gypo as CEO the better.

Hell, aren't we called KB anymore? when did that change?

I still heavily support on fox replay when ive run out of things to do*. Im Newy to the core

*info may not be accurate

RAM
07-11-2016, 11:47 PM
I mean you're quoting my post but didn't even read it.

I said nowt about hard work and application.

To me:
'Sticking a boot in' = 'focusing more on being physically dominant over your opponent'

'Putting in a shift' = 'quantity over quality of physical output'.

Man we went through this 'good engines' bullshit with GVE and he failed in that approach.

I want a team of footballers who play football and a coach who's emphasis is winning every game he coaches.

Go ahead and celebrate your centre back kicking crap out of a striker to 'let him know he's in a game' I'll take Piques skill any day.

Go ahead and celebrate your GPS data telling me who ran more in a game, I'll take Pirlo's lazy* ass every day of the week.

Enjoy your football guys, just let me one day dream of seeing mine.

*hed still be fitter than everyone in this Foz.
"Putting a shift in' has nothing to do with ones engine.

Its about putting in effort.

I don't know where you're getting this kick the snit out of people bullshit from either. btw Barca are a bunch of play acting cheating ****wits.

plague
08-11-2016, 08:32 AM
"Putting a shift in' has nothing to do with ones engine.

Its about putting in effort.

I don't know where you're getting this kick the snit out of people bullshit from either. btw Barca are a bunch of play acting cheating ****wits.

Oh man you are sounding like a bloke that lost a lot of money on that damn Hare and still haven't gotten over it.

My interpretations of 'putting in a shift' etc are 'my' definitions. You take what you will out of them but unless there is a 'terrible football cliche' dictionary then I gather we can freely interpret.

and yes when I watch Barca play that's EXACTLY my same takeaway.
Almost unbearable to watch isn't it.

Jeterpool
09-11-2016, 02:20 PM
The Herald reporting our coach wants us to show more mongrel.

A problem area over the last few seasons has been our discipline. We've never actually finished a season with fewer cards than our opposition. As a result I always felt we were gettign the rough end of the stick with referees.

This season we've only been shown 4 yellow cards. This is good, as the threat of suspension doesn't hang over our already injury-ravaged squad. DEspite this, I think we have bene lucky with a few challenges that could have, but didn't, receive a booking

So instead of saying privately to the team "put a bit more of a boot in" he comes out and says it in the media. The media the referees will be made aware of. The referees who will be officiating our match.

FFS - do we think before we speak!?! Let's just go and create more of a rod for our back.

Hunter403
09-11-2016, 04:06 PM

A problem area over the last few seasons has been our discipline. We've never actually finished a season with fewer cards than our opposition. As a result I always felt we were gettign the rough end of the stick with referees.

This season we've only been shown 4 yellow cards. This is good, as the threat of suspension doesn't hang over our already injury-ravaged squad. DEspite this, I think we have bene lucky with a few challenges that could have, but didn't, receive a booking

So instead of saying privately to the team "put a bit more of a boot in" he comes out and says it in the media. The media the referees will be made aware of. The referees who will be officiating our match.

FFS - do we think before we speak!?! Let's just go and create more of a rod for our back.

Could not agree more. We'll probably demonstrate our mongrel inside our penalty box!

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2016, 04:25 PM

And as if we havent been the target from over zealous Referees in the past guarentee Boogs to get sent off now

plague
09-11-2016, 04:33 PM
But wait wait wait aren't all you fans clamouring for more mongrel?

I'd rather more passing, more movement and more attacking football but yeah sure mongrel should fix it.

God damnit the day President Trump comes in and outlaws these bullshit football cliches will be the best day ever.

Jeterpool
09-11-2016, 04:36 PM
But wait wait wait aren't all you fans clamouring for more mongrel?

I'd rather more passing, more movement and more attacking football but yeah sure mongrel should fix it.

God damnit the day President Trump comes in and outlaws these bullshit football cliches will be the best day ever.

I'm not calling for it. I like the discipline we've shown this year.

Must be others

DonPablo
09-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Jones OUT, Trump IN

borat
09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm not calling for it. I like the discipline we've shown this year.

Must be others
Totally ageee. I mean discipline was highlighted as a problem last year, we fix it and it's now a problem.

Am predicting 6 yellows and a red to Boogs on Thursday

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Totally ageee. I mean discipline was highlighted as a problem last year, we fix it and it's now a problem.

The only is the lack of pressure we put on other teams when they have the ball. Alot of games we let them stroll towards our goal and fire a shot

plague
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Must be others

Oh I know it's not you.

My mans out there lurking knowing who I'm talking about.

To be fair though apparently it wins football games so hopefully he's right.

hawk
09-11-2016, 07:24 PM
More mongrel you cvnts.

This stand and watch thing isnt quite working is it. 10 yellows please but don hurt'em. We need city to beat both shiteneys and tards

WolfMan
09-11-2016, 10:53 PM

He'd be sent off after the first 2x yellows. How is he going to cop the extra 4 on Thursday as well? :gent:

RAM
10-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Oh I know it's not you.

My mans out there lurking knowing who I'm talking about.

To be fair though apparently it wins football games so hopefully he's right.

Surely you don't mean me either?

**** you're condescending.

la bazzle
10-11-2016, 02:22 PM

:rof::rof:

plague
10-11-2016, 04:05 PM

naw man theres no need for name calling.
its a new dawn and President Trump is bringing the world together, now is not the time for resistance.

Besides, I'm actually fascinated by Jones' comments. If the public 'rev up' works then ill be the first one on here conceding the point.
I just don't think it will.
If they come out and move better, pass better and perform better we can dissect the why and hows on here tomorrow.
If they put out the same turgid tripe then we can discuss what more needs to be done.

Trump has shown us miracles can happen, lets hope it keeps up

StannyCFCJET
10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Even if we get the same formation and tactics it doesnt stop the players running and tackling harder then the opposition. If there gonna out football us then at least make them work for it which we struggle to do

plague
10-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Even if we get the same formation and tactics it doesnt stop the players running and tackling harder then the opposition. If there gonna out football us then at least make them work for it which we struggle to do

no problem with that.

id just love to see us 'out football' teams.

StannyCFCJET
10-11-2016, 05:27 PM
no problem with that.

id just love to see us 'out football' teams.

I agree round one i reckon we out footballed Adelaide and same with the FFA cup vs Victory but that was down to Miller IMO

Wilso8948
10-11-2016, 05:30 PM
As long as they put in a shift. It's all I ask.

StannyCFCJET
10-11-2016, 06:04 PM

sad thing is we shouldnt have to ask for this it should be a given

plague
10-11-2016, 07:28 PM

Actually being after 6pm on a Thursday are they entitled to time and a quarter or something?

Hawk, how much you pay your servants this time of night?

hawk
10-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Actually being after 6pm on a Thursday are they entitled to time and a quarter or something?

Hawk, how much you pay your servants this time of night?

for just 2 dollars a day you can.......

I remember I sent houseboy Ho John (well paid) back to the US to become a Dr on a scholarship.

plague
20-11-2016, 07:24 PM
So guys how's our team going?
Are we sticking a boot in, putting in a shift and playing for the shirt like you wanted?

steve136
20-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Are we sticking a boot in, putting in a shift and playing for the shirt like you wanted?

I personally was really impressed with the heart the players showed to hustle back to halfway after the Coasties goal. Also how great is that Jets house huh? That paint job looks beautiful. Some fans will never be satisfied...

hawk
20-11-2016, 08:08 PM
exactly. Our guys had to put down their scotch and cigars and sweat it out for a couple. See you at the mens club boys

Jardelsimage
20-11-2016, 09:41 PM
ok all together now, jones out he cant coach, jones out he cant coach, jones out he cant coach or were going to win the spoon....again...............................and again............

lquiquer
20-11-2016, 10:57 PM
#JonesOut

The Camel
21-11-2016, 10:48 AM

To answer your questions in order: Pathetic, No, No, No

Oh and #JonesOut

Bon
21-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Seriously.. Fvck this guy..

StannyCFCJET
21-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Even though he had his negatives Im really missing the way miller we get off his arse and shout instructions etc at players during matches. Where is this newy passion Jones goes on about. Maybe his too used to being an assistant and staying seated on the bench

halo se7en
21-11-2016, 06:23 PM
People wondered what positives Miller brought to the table... an absolute **** ton more than this guy. Haven't seen a single thing that suggests he knows what he's doing.

redwah
21-11-2016, 06:26 PM
You can clearly see he's worked under GVE....different team each week, players out of position, leaving best players on bench, move away from tactics that suit the team strengths, try to win possession stats with slick backline passing....only to cock it up.....

The Dunster
21-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Does the January transfer window apply to coaches as well ?

steve136
21-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Does the January transfer window apply to coaches as well ?

Nah, a transfer implies that there's some other team out there that would take him.

Macca
22-11-2016, 09:28 AM
I can give or take a coach screaming on the sideline - that's personality, not coaching ability.

But for me, what Miller did that the few before him didn't do, was actually smartly recruit players. Our squad at the moment, not counting injuries, is the best its been in quite a while. He was able to attract plenty of players that either weren't rated elsewhere or from overseas etc, and have performed well. That's what smaller clubs have to do. You can't outbid bigger clubs for sure things, you have to go do the legwork to unearth people or discerningly give people second chances. There is plenty of players playing for us at the moment that I like watching and for most of them we have Miller to thank.

halo se7en
22-11-2016, 03:24 PM
I can give or take a coach screaming on the sideline - that's personality, not coaching ability.

But for me, what Miller did that the few before him didn't do, was actually smartly recruit players. Our squad at the moment, not counting injuries, is the best its been in quite a while. He was able to attract plenty of players that either weren't rated elsewhere or from overseas etc, and have performed well. That's what smaller clubs have to do. You can't outbid bigger clubs for sure things, you have to go do the legwork to unearth people or discerningly give people second chances. There is plenty of players playing for us at the moment that I like watching and for most of them we have Miller to thank.

Spot on. Miller's recruitment was consistently good. Leo & Trif weren't flops. They contributed plenty, just not enough, and although I didn't like Leo's attitude, a full season without injury and I think he could have propelled us into top 6. Nordstrand and Ugarkovic turned last season around, and Clut & Nabbout have been standouts this season. Kokko looks dangerous, although unfit at the moment.

Think I said toward the end of last season that it felt like a moneyball approach and would likely take at least one more off-season to replace a few more pieces. Our management in all their wisdom decided not to go that way :|

GazFish35
22-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Nah, a transfer implies that there's some other team out there that would take him.

maybe as a collective we could start a new club based in Scone fro example, and we could "transfer" unwanted Jets to us, we could pay their wages, we'd be sponsored by a rich sugar daddy from China, someone in lighting perhaps, and help the jets take some dead wood off their books. Mutual agreement, players could be paid their wages, live at he beach and trot out for Scone United on away games. We could take Jones too if that helps. Who is with me?

Cabaye#4
22-11-2016, 03:54 PM
I question the point of subbing on Ma LeiLei in stoppage time.
If you are going to give him a few minutes to appease the bosses, the F3 Derby isnt the place.
Hoole dragged his useless sorry ass around for the last 15 minutes, surely the fresh legs of Ma could have helped?
If he has any ability, why not give him a chance to show it? He just wasted our own time by making the sub as late as he did and it was another abysmal example of the lack of foresight & creativity Jones possesses.
We could have even gone to 3 at the back once the Scum subbed off Powell too.
#JonesOut

Guerny
24-11-2016, 06:30 PM
He's clueless!!!
Nabbout rolls ankle at start of the derby, gets left on and plays out 60 mins he shouldn't have...

Monday:
"Nabbout run out of legs at the end again which is a little disappointing. He needs to be able to play 90 minutes," Jones said."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/11/21/jones-demands-more-jets-attackers

Tuesday:
"They are not hamstring strains or other soft tissue problems,” a frustrated Jones said. ... Nabbout rolled his ankle. The rest have been impact injuries. It is just a horrible run of bad luck."
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4310336/nabbout-out-as-jets-injury-toll-rises/?cs=306

StannyCFCJET
24-11-2016, 06:40 PM
He's clueless!!!
Nabbout rolls ankle at start of the derby, gets left on and plays out 60 mins he shouldn't have...

Monday:
"Nabbout run out of legs at the end again which is a little disappointing. He needs to be able to play 90 minutes," Jones said."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/11/21/jones-demands-more-jets-attackers

Tuesday:
"They are not hamstring strains or other soft tissue problems,” a frustrated Jones said. ... Nabbout rolled his ankle. The rest have been impact injuries. It is just a horrible run of bad luck."
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4310336/nabbout-out-as-jets-injury-toll-rises/?cs=306

Ive made this point several times this week. Jonsey whining about Nabbout when he kept him on and took the risk. Then blames Nabbout when he succumbs to injury

plague
24-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Jones sounds like he uses the words, 'grit' and 'gumption' a lot and thinks momentum is a real thing.

Jeterpool
24-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Jones sounds like he uses the words, 'grit' and 'gumption' a lot and thinks momentum is a real thing.

We will add them to the Mark Jones drinking game, like Scotty had mentality and passion

Jetmaster
25-11-2016, 08:15 AM
We will add them to the Mark Jones drinking game, like Scotty had mentality and passion

...and "good engines" and "moving forward".

Developing a nice suite of cliches here.

borat
25-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Jones is the worst coach in the league by a mile.

Just today Harry Kewell had come out and said he wants a coaching gig. Give it to him, can't be any worse than this guy

The Dunster
25-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Makes sense considering the Jets are the worst run club in the A-league.

hawk
26-11-2016, 02:08 PM

Just today Harry Kewell had come out and said he wants a coaching gig. Give it to him, can't be any worse than this guy

interestingly, he does look out of place in smart clothes. drongo in disguise

The Dunster
26-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Can we bring in Harry Kewell please before the new year ?

steve136
26-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Is there a McKinna OUT thread too?

sammydog
26-11-2016, 09:10 PM
At what point do the lack of results start to put pressure on Jones.

How much ambition does Mr Lee have for the club. If he is tolerating the results with no action then I would say he has no ambition. First to go should be Jones.

StannyCFCJET
26-11-2016, 09:42 PM

How much ambition does Mr Lee have for the club. If he is tolerating the results with no action then I would say he has no ambition. First to go should be Jones.

Take some of these shit players with him

hawk
26-11-2016, 09:50 PM

lol. Mr Lee only reacts to backstabbing comments from team plebs. results dont matter

sammydog
26-11-2016, 09:57 PM
lol. Mr Lee only reacts to backstabbing comments from team plebs. results dont matter

So we need to fabricate a story, including everyone we want out of the club, backstabbing and disrespecting Mr Lee. The herald will report on it, like everything else in here. Mass sackings ensure and we go on to world domination.

Or is that too simple a plan?

Thomas477
26-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Just saying....

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1817-The-Hunt-for-a-New-Manager-16-17-Edition/page15

The Dunster
27-11-2016, 10:10 AM
I think Mr Lee only purchased the Jets because it gave his core business advantages in the Australian market. He needs to spend a lot more money on players and staff if this club is to get off the bottom of the table. If he starts talking about getting the team its own ground or training facility then my fears will be confirmed - as that will be proof enough that he's in it for all the wrong reasons. Property Speculation.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
27-11-2016, 10:46 AM
I read these comments from Jones this morning:
'We should have got points against Melbourne City, should have beaten Central Coast last week'.

These types of statements are for the media and unintelligent supporters obviously, but I always struggle to understand why coaches make them. City dominated us and missing a good opportunity doesn't constitute 'should have got a point' when you have been thoroughly jammed for the rest of the 90 minutes. And against the Mariners, they were the better side for the majority of the match.

The Dunster
27-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Did Jones do a post match presser for the Victory game ? I watched Muscats presser but couldn't find the Jones one.

sammydog
27-11-2016, 11:49 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/football/a-league/press-conferences/jets-press-conference!587329

Did Jones do a post match presser for the Victory game ? I watched Muscats presser but couldn't find the Jones one.

He did, at least he did something last night.

lquiquer
27-11-2016, 11:59 AM
I read these comments from Jones this morning:
'We should have got points against Melbourne City, should have beaten Central Coast last week'.

These types of statements are for the media and unintelligent supporters obviously, but I always struggle to understand why coaches make them. City dominated us and missing a good opportunity doesn't constitute 'should have got a point' when you have been thoroughly jammed for the rest of the 90 minutes. And against the Mariners, they were the better side for the majority of the match.

If my grandmother had wheels she would be a bicycle

furns
27-11-2016, 01:08 PM

How much ambition does Mr Lee have for the club. If he is tolerating the results with no action then I would say he has no ambition. First to go should be Jones.raised that exact question on the podcast (I think the preview) this week
He won't be under pressure from the club, but the fans and media pressure will only increase over the coming weeks with games against Sydney and Perth looming

The Dunster
27-11-2016, 01:38 PM
http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/iKQx4aiD4Q7fvCgDvFeGgz/535fcc07-1b9b-42f3-8545-19a4d5aa5600.jpg/r0_209_4311_2633_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

lquiquer
27-11-2016, 03:38 PM
raised that exact question on the podcast (I think the preview) this week
He won't be under pressure from the club, but the fans and media pressure will only increase over the coming weeks with games against Sydney and Perth looming

Injuries will be used as an excuse..... for sure

sammydog
27-11-2016, 03:43 PM

After this weekend, there is a very real possibility that we will be in last place.

If the pressure doesn't mount from the club then, we may as well accept the spoon.

monz6
27-11-2016, 08:01 PM
After this weekend, there is a very real possibility that we will be in last place.

If the pressure doesn't mount from the club then, we may as well accept the spoon.

Next weekend we can be 6th and 2 points off fifth!!

lquiquer
27-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Next weekend we can be 6th and 2 points off fifth!!

Yeah true.... and Hoffman will win the ballon d'or

Jeterpool
27-11-2016, 10:07 PM
We've been held scoreless in 9 of the last 10 matches against Sydney. The only thing going for us is they play the FFA cup final during the week.

hawk
27-11-2016, 10:08 PM

lol, mentioning on podcast hasnt got much to do with Lee changing things

Jeterpool
27-11-2016, 10:34 PM
lol, mentioning on podcast hasnt got much to do with Lee changing things

We're big in China, Hawk.

belchardo
27-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Only until we sell lei lei back to some chinese mugs.

sammydog
27-11-2016, 10:43 PM

Is it too late to pick up a chinese coach?

hawk
28-11-2016, 01:11 AM

Kool, you on Wallfm yet?

Couscous
28-11-2016, 08:30 AM
We need this guy back badly. He knows how to succeed.

http://www.incimages.com/uploaded_files/image/1940x900/tony-robbins-idealab-pano-real_90676.jpg

The Dunster
28-11-2016, 10:16 AM
We need this guy back badly. He knows how to succeed.

http://www.incimages.com/uploaded_files/image/1940x900/tony-robbins-idealab-pano-real_90676.jpg

Don't laugh - He's worth $480m so he'd make a much better Jets owner than the clown we currently have. Might have some influence over people as well so we'd be getting better deals from Refs, concessions from the FFA, and he could more than likely talk Foxtel into getting rid of those ridiculous 5:00pm home games.

Tony Robbins in.

Grimario
28-11-2016, 10:24 AM
We've been held scoreless in 9 of the last 10 matches against Sydney. The only thing going for us is they play the FFA cup final during the week.

It's comforting to know that their second team will comfortably beat the strongest XI we put out there.

Couscous
28-11-2016, 10:45 AM
This is probably the wrong thread to ask in but, if anyone's been to the US recently, can you advise on how many Americans have ridiculously white teeth? Is it celebs only or does everyone middle class and wealthier buy them?

Mark Jones: do you know? How white are your teeth?

Wilso8948
28-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Don't laugh - He's worth $480m so he'd make a much better Jets owner than the clown we currently have. Might have some influence over people as well so we'd be getting better deals from Refs, concessions from the FFA, and he could more than likely talk Foxtel into getting rid of those ridiculous 5:00pm home games.

Tony Robbins in.

That's Scott Miller mate. How could you mistake those chompers.

Bon
28-11-2016, 10:48 AM
That's Scott Miller mate. How could you mistake those chompers.

In all seriousness, can we please get Scott back? Where is he now? Is it too late?

lquiquer
28-11-2016, 10:53 AM
In all seriousness, can we please get Scott back? Where is he now? Is it too late?

I think he is gone to Scandinavia, got some sort of contract last week

Bon
28-11-2016, 11:02 AM
I think he is gone to Scandinavia, got some sort of contract last week

Good luck to him. What a fvcking joke we are.. We get what we deserve..

Jeterpool
28-11-2016, 11:26 AM
After the weekend's defeat, I came to the conclusion that if we aren't going to keep Jones next year we need to get let him go now. In doing so, we bring in a coach for 2.5 years and give them to assess the squad that we currently have to establish who they want to keep or release while starting to implement the football the way we want them to.

We also back them during January with a signing of some intent - like Matt Spiranovic. Show we are serious and looking to build. In addition, we aggresively chase someone like Jamie Maclaren as a striker.

If we don't, we get to the same point we have the last 3 years - an off season where off-contract players have been re-signed for a year or two, or others brought in by the previous coach, who then gets the chop, new guy comes in and has little to no room to bring people in they want to.

We're probably best known as the place rookie coaches come to finish their career before they even start.

halo se7en
28-11-2016, 12:02 PM
After the weekend's defeat, I came to the conclusion that if we aren't going to keep Jones next year we need to get let him go now. In doing so, we bring in a coach for 2.5 years and give them to assess the squad that we currently have to establish who they want to keep or release while starting to implement the football the way we want them to.

We also back them during January with a signing of some intent - like Matt Spiranovic. Show we are serious and looking to build. In addition, we aggresively chase someone like Jamie Maclaren as a striker.

If we don't, we get to the same point we have the last 3 years - an off season where off-contract players have been re-signed for a year or two, or others brought in by the previous coach, who then gets the chop, new guy comes in and has little to no room to bring people in they want to.

We're probably best known as the place rookie coaches come to finish their career before they even start.

Agree, throw some bigger marquee $ at those players to signal intent if nothing else. This idea of not even looking at marquees sets us back before a ball is kicked. If we don't show ambition, then players with any sort of ability and potential are working on their exit strategies. Ugarkovic's agent has probably already been on the phone to City/WSW/Sydney. I gave Lee the benefit of the doubt to begin with, as I figured he'd want to see where the team was at, and he probably trusted Miller and co. to carry on as they had from the previous season. That all went down the toilet quickly, culminating with the appointment of Phil v2. I daresay Lee is the last chance this club has got to right itself. If he sits by idly over the next 6 months, I think the horse will well and truly bolt for good.

lquiquer
28-11-2016, 12:09 PM

So we need the Member to generate one of his spectacular protest banner: #JonesOut

plague
28-11-2016, 12:12 PM
This is probably the wrong thread to ask in but, if anyone's been to the US recently, can you advise on how many Americans have ridiculously white teeth?

no couscous, this is exactly the thread to ask this question.
From my experience the following places have a very high % of perfect white teeth (and fake breasts).
Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles.

Most of the rest of the country are average whiteness.

People from Alabama have no need for teeth.

Couscous
28-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Thank you.

Jones out. Our Saviour in.

Jeterpool
28-11-2016, 12:37 PM
So we need the Member to generate one of his spectacular protest banner: #JonesOut

I should clarify, I'm not calling for him out just yet. But following yet another defeat these are the things one contemplates...

sammydog
28-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I should clarify, I'm not calling for him out just yet. But following yet another defeat these are the things one contemplates...

Can you see anything changing in the coming weeks/months?

I can't.

seldom
28-11-2016, 12:58 PM

I can't.

I'm going to hold judgment until we get a few injured players back and see how Jones goes. Not sure if any of the coaches around would do well with the current line up. At least Boags and Nabbout to give us some quality.

Jeterpool
28-11-2016, 01:08 PM

I can't.

Nor can I, especially with Sydney and Perth in the next two weeks.

I don't know - I just can't make the jump at this point in time because I know once I make it I don't see myself coming back.

I'm going to hold judgment until we get a few injured players back and see how Jones goes. Not sure if any of the coaches around would do well with the current line up. At least Boags and Nabbout to give us some quality.

And that's true to an extent. We were playing poorly with Boogaard, Nabbout in the team as well as out.

It's certainly the reason i'd be attributing things to at the moment.

Grimario
28-11-2016, 01:22 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to give him more time. Players out of position, shit substitutions, clueless tactical adjustments. Guy is an over-educated hack who doesn't have the faintest idea how to put book knowledge into practice.

Bon
28-11-2016, 01:33 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to give him more time. Players out of position, shit substitutions, clueless tactical adjustments. Guy is an over-educated hack who doesn't have the faintest idea how to put book knowledge into practice.

Yep.. Fvck him off.. I agree with all of those examples..

We go in to games giving teams too much respect (look at the last Sydney game, Arnold was absolutely correct in his post-game talk saying that we were scared sh!tless of them and we set out to sit back and play for a draw... at home..)
Go two goals down, and then its time to decide to be a part of the game.
As others have said on here. The first 3 games, he used Miller's formation, team, etc Then through some injuries and formation changes, he has been exposed for the clueless joke that he is..

28-11-2016, 02:30 PM
no couscous, this is exactly the thread to ask this question.
From my experience the following places have a very high % of perfect white teeth (and fake breasts).
Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles.

Most of the rest of the country are average whiteness.

People from Alabama have no need for teeth.

Of course they need there teeth in Alabama, Road kill is not as tender as you may think.

halo se7en
28-11-2016, 02:32 PM

The injuries have been cruel, but there's still been some odd choices. Leaving Uga out, yet playing Hoole consistently. Choosing Koutroumbis-Fyfe and leaving Kanta on the bench. I'm not Kanta's biggest fan but surely he's a better option than either of those 2? Playing Haliti in youth and giving Brennan a start? It's as though Jones is trying way too hard to deviate from the original blueprint that Miller put in, just so he can show that he's running things now - but it's backfiring.

28-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Phil making you look good on the TV on the weekend couscous ? .Results showing you really were the brains and not Jones. My apologies Gaz.

Wilso8948
28-11-2016, 02:47 PM
I rate Fyfe and Katroumbis better then Kanta at CB.

Roundball Enthusiast
28-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Of course they need there teeth in Alabama, Road kill is not as tender as you may think.

There is a reason they boil it. Soften it up, so i've heard.

seldom
28-11-2016, 03:48 PM
The injuries have been cruel, but there's still been some odd choices. Leaving Uga out, yet playing Hoole consistently. Choosing Koutroumbis-Fyfe and leaving Kanta on the bench. I'm not Kanta's biggest fan but surely he's a better option than either of those 2? Playing Haliti in youth and giving Brennan a start? It's as though Jones is trying way too hard to deviate from the original blueprint that Miller put in, just so he can show that he's running things now - but it's backfiring.

I think Koutroumbis is quality for an 18 yo. I do agree about Haliti tho, give him a run and send Brennan back to Tassie.

StannyCFCJET
28-11-2016, 04:07 PM

Kanta is not nor should ever be again an option at CB. He barley scrapes it as a DM

Frodo
28-11-2016, 04:38 PM
McKinna OUT.

He chose Stubbins 2.0 just to make sure the Gypos didn't get the spoon. McKinna and his twitter mates can get back to the centrelink line and stop ruining our club. It was already well ruined before they got here and we don't need help from those scumbags to ruin it some more.

Roundball Enthusiast
28-11-2016, 05:04 PM
McKinna OUT.

He chose Stubbins 2.0 just to make sure the Gypos didn't get the spoon. McKinna and his twitter mates can get back to the centrelink line and stop ruining our club. It was already well ruined before they got here and we don't need help from those scumbags to ruin it some more.

Dont be so cranky on your birthday.

Oh, Happy Birthday btw. Have a cracker young fella.

stopper2
28-11-2016, 05:26 PM

If this were to happen in January; the club going after the likes of Spiranovic and MacLaren, it would signal to the rest of the comp and supporters that there is intent from the Jets hierarchy to not just be content to finish bottom four again. I have heard Mckinna mention in an interview that the club will be looking to strengthen in the Jan transfer window, meaning current players are likely to be released.

prawnhead
28-11-2016, 05:32 PM
If this were to happen in January; the club going after the likes of Spiranovic and MacLaren, it would signal to the rest of the comp and supporters that there is intent from the Jets hierarchy to not just be content to finish bottom four again. I have heard Mckinna mention in an interview that the club will be looking to strengthen in the Jan transfer window, meaning current players are likely to be released.

Heard from a very reliable sauce today that Carney will be back in January. Now that will send some signal to the rest.

WolfMan
28-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Heard from a very reliable sauce today that Carney will be back in January. Now that will send some signal to the rest.

Hope you're taking the mickey, but let's just pretend this did happen - I won't be back to another match unless and until the Devon is a safe distance away

prawnhead
28-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Hope you're taking the mickey, but let's just pretend this did happen - I won't be back to another match unless and until the Devon is a safe distance away

Dead serious mate. Agree it would be a massive backward step. My sauce is in the know though. Hopefully he is wrong.

Roundball Enthusiast
28-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Dead serious mate. Agree it would be a massive backward step. My sauce is in the know though. Hopefully he is wrong.

Pull the other one. He'd never come back.

Rocknerd
28-11-2016, 07:12 PM
The talk about strengthening in the Jan window was speculation at best.
It's unlikely we will buy anyone unless we sell some off as Lee has stated he won't splash money around.
Anyone who thought Jones was the best option has rocks in their heads. Lee got rid of Miller due to disrespect and we're paying that price with football that would have been competitive in 2007, but is hardly a shadow on what the top 4 are producing.

There is a reason I am the one.

halo se7en
28-11-2016, 08:12 PM
The talk about strengthening in the Jan window was speculation at best.
It's unlikely we will buy anyone unless we sell some off as Lee has stated he won't splash money around.
Anyone who thought Jones was the best option has rocks in their heads. Lee got rid of Miller due to disrespect and we're paying that price with football that would have been competitive in 2007, but is hardly a shadow on what the top 4 are producing.

There is a reason I am the one.

Aside from Lawrie, do they actually exist?

rhysd
28-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Judge the man when there are not so many injuries.

Short memory the near lot of you.

lquiquer
28-11-2016, 08:55 PM

Brennan starting and Haliti in Youf has got nothing to do with injuries.....especially after Jones saying in Herald today that Haliti is fully fit....

hawk
28-11-2016, 09:06 PM

Trouble is most of us have long memories and dont indulge in deluded optimism. yes injuries arent great but neither is boofhead jones

The Dunster
28-11-2016, 09:45 PM

Martin Lee is tighter than a frogs arse when it comes to spending money on the Jets. No way will he be able to attract players of that standard to the Jets. What's more likely to happen is we swap some of our better players like Brown, Nabbout, Ugga, Kokko, or Nobby for the state league standard players on the other teams books.

Alternatively, Lee brings in some more Chinese players like the one we have to send the club completely down the shitter.

turbojetfireV8
29-11-2016, 07:24 AM

straight swap for Hoole is it?? :popcorn: (or luck it would be a straight swap for one of our decent players...)

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 08:29 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4322540/david-lowe-another-reality-check/?cs=306

Lowey giving some perspective. I don't really have a personal view when it comes to Jones. But some of Lowey's comments here really sum up my thinking.

If we had swapped coaches, Muscat and Jones, at the start of last week, would you have backed against Melbourne Victory? Be honest.

Today, if you can take advantage of all the salary cap concessions, your top five to seven players are outside the cap, and in theory you can pay the eighth-best player on your roster what the Jets, Mariners and others may pay their best

The world of trust funds, negative gearing and salary sacrifice is terrific if you are wealthy enough to be part of it. At the moment, the Jets are the PAYE pluggers, battling from year to year.
I'm afraid that until the club is cashed up enough to compete in the player marketplace, we will fill the role of envious country cousins, looking on, trying hard, but pushing $#!% uphill with our out-of-joint noses. It's that simple, really

rhysd
29-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Trouble is most of us have long memories and dont indulge in deluded optimism. yes injuries arent great but neither is boofhead jones

Miller endured a long run without a win and then made a couple of signings and players started to come back into the fold.

You are judging a man, on a pre conceived agenda that he isn't any good, following a terrible run of injuries.

Everyone is pointing a finger. What would Klopp, Benitez or anyone else have done?

Okay, there have been a few gambles made by him and some haven't come off. He benched poljak like everyone wanted to. He didn't play haliti.. yet if he picks him and falls down with an injury secondary to having come off 12 months of rehab on the wrong side of 30.. he would be lynched. This in a game everyone has us down to "lose by 6". Good decision to leave him out imo to gain 90 mins in youth game.

His acquisition of the young defender.. that kid has some talent! Despite him having made 2 errors which lead directly to goals he looks to be a future crucial player to a successful jets team

Jeterpool
29-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Today, if you can take advantage of all the salary cap concessions, your top five to seven players are outside the cap, and in theory you can pay the eighth-best player on your roster what the Jets, Mariners and others may pay their best

I've been saying this for ages. We will struggle to compete until we can utilise the cap the way the other clubs do.

Jeterpool
29-11-2016, 08:44 AM
His acquisition of the young defender.. that kid has some talent! Despite him having made 2 errors which lead directly to goals he looks to be a future crucial player to a successful jets team

He's only in the team as an injury replacement for Alessi. Other teams can surely sign him for next season.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 09:09 AM
He's only in the team as an injury replacement for Alessi. Other teams can surely sign him for next season.

I would sign the kid up from what I've seen. Sure there's some mistake which will fix in time. But raw talent is very hard to come by.

plague
29-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Lowey giving some perspective. I don't really have a personal view when it comes to Jones. But some of Lowey's comments here really sum up my thinking.

It's not perspective it's horseshit.

So we got rid of Goodwin and Chapman because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We let Ryan Griffiths walk for free because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sack our coach 2 weeks out from season because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sub on a defensive mid late in the game down 2-0 because of their teams use salary cap concessions?

This club has a culture problem soaked in blokes accepting excuses and failure but as long as everyone's looking after their mates and no ones feelings get hurt it's all cool cool.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 09:57 AM

So we got rid of Goodwin and Chapman because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We let Ryan Griffiths walk for free because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sack our coach 2 weeks out from season because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sub on a defensive mid late in the game down 2-0 because of their teams use salary cap concessions?

This club has a culture problem soaked in blokes accepting excuses and failure but as long as everyone's looking after their mates and no ones feelings get hurt it's all cool cool.

I'm more giving perspective on the Jones hate. I believe its a deep underlying problem with the club and its constant acceptance of failure as you say.

The Camel
29-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Aside from Lawrie, do they actually exist?

David Lowe

Jeterpool
29-11-2016, 10:19 AM

I'd be very surprised if it happens, especially the way he left the club and what he has said afterwards.

Grimario
29-11-2016, 10:25 AM
I'd be very surprised if it happens, especially the way he left the club and what he has said afterwards.

Footballers are a bunch of mercenaries. If we are offering him an extra year at whatever it costs for 70kg of devon and Sydney are offering only this year or lower next, he will backtrack on whatever he said and go for the cash. Just look at Hoole.

halo se7en
29-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Spot on.

There's a lot off the pitch out of Jones' control. But there's been a fair bit on the pitch that Jones has full control over that he's by and large made a mess of. Whether his changes would have made much difference well never know, but for god's sake man at least try!

See Exhibit A:

Jones “lost a fair bit of sleep” over the decision to leave Haliti out of the squad which went down 2-0 to the Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park on Saturday.

With defender Iain Fyfe short on match fitness, Wayne Brown carrying a calf niggle and untried Andy Brennan starting, Jones needed cover on the bench.

“It was extremely difficult not to take Labi to Melbourne,” the coach said. “We knew that there were some people who might not last a full game. It limits who you put on the bench if you know that one player definitely has to come off and maybe another one.”

However, Jones didn’t bank on Nordstrand having to be replaced at half-time. The Dane was still feeling tightness in his hip flexor on Monday. He will be assessed later in the week but Jones was hopeful that he would be available for the second clash in five weeks against the runaway leaders.

Let me get this straight. Brown played with an injury. Brennan started and was unlikely to last 90 minutes. He knows Fyfe can't last 90 minutes. And our injury record is ****ing woeful. So Jones goes into this game already knowing which 3 subs he's likely to make, regardless of what's happening in the game. Lets not forget Nordstrand hasn't been 100% fit.

Then he thinks Leilei, who is probably less fit than Haliti, was the best choice to cover the whole front-third as our only attacking sub. I know people on here, myself included, don't rate Kanta at CB, but is he really that much worse than our current options? Wouldn't it be better to use someone who can get through the 90mins and do a reasonable job, giving us more flexibility off the bench?

Regardless, we probably wouldn't have won the ****ing match anyway, but it'd be nice to understand what's going on in his head.

halo se7en
29-11-2016, 11:32 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4322540/david-lowe-another-reality-check/?cs=306

If we had swapped coaches, Muscat and Jones, at the start of last week, would you have backed against Melbourne Victory? Be honest.

The world of trust funds, negative gearing and salary sacrifice is terrific if you are wealthy enough to be part of it. At the moment, the Jets are the PAYE pluggers, battling from year to year.
I'm afraid that until the club is cashed up enough to compete in the player marketplace, we will fill the role of envious country cousins, looking on, trying hard, but pushing $#!% uphill with our out-of-joint noses. It's that simple, really

This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen Lowey make. If they swapped a week ago, then no. If we swapped Jones for a combination of the best parts of Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Simeone, Sir Alex, Wenger and Conte all into one, a week before the game, we probably still would have lost. If we'd swapped Muscat for Jones before the season started, then who the **** knows how things would be right now. Lowey thinks we're basing things on one match. But there's been signs since the beginning. The only decent thing Jones has done was sign Koutroumbis who so far looks alright as a kid. Otherwise I've see nothing.

The Dunster
29-11-2016, 12:43 PM

Well said David Lowey.

Which all points to the fact that until the Jets get an owner willing to inject some serious money into the club nothing good is going to happen. And given how poor the club is both on and off the park the Jets will have to pay overs to lure players to the club as well.

Signing quality players is how we build for the future not wasting money and effort on kids that might / probably won't ever make the grade.

The responsibility is with the owner and so far he's not proven himself worthy of owning our team.

The sooner he's gone the better. And if that means the club folds - so be it. The clubs had enough time to turn things around.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 01:43 PM
This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen Lowey make. If they swapped a week ago, then no. If we swapped Jones for a combination of the best parts of Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Simeone, Sir Alex, Wenger and Conte all into one, a week before the game, we probably still would have lost. If we'd swapped Muscat for Jones before the season started, then who the **** knows how things would be right now. Lowey thinks we're basing things on one match. But there's been signs since the beginning. The only decent thing Jones has done was sign Koutroumbis who so far looks alright as a kid. Otherwise I've see nothing.
Sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree. The problem is as stated by Dunster that we are not injecting cash into quality on the pitch. Also I don't think hes saying the fans are basing it off one match. Hes saying that we never have had the quality there in the first place. And its even more apparent now with the injury crisis. Is Muscat really that good of a coach? The bloke has Ben Kalfalah sitting on the bench ffs if that isn't depth then I don't know what is. I can see why he left Labi at home. You mention a lot of injury problems but forget the bloke is returning from 12 months on the sidelines with a serious knee injury.
I'm neither for or against having Jones as a coach. All I'm saying is that there is much further underlying issues then the bloke who sits in the managers chair. The club/owner needs to buy half a dozen quality first team starters. Winners. People who only know how to win and will breed a winning culture. These players cost money. If you have these players in the team I guarantee we will win games and be part of the finals. Whether we have Jones or any other bloke in the chair.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 02:00 PM
I just don't get the whole lets **** the coach off. We have wage thieves throughout our whole squad who are average at best. We won the comp with GVE and Jones. Two blokes that have been rubbished on here. Are they good coaches that year and were rubbish the next? or did they just have a damn good playing squad? Look at Merrick at Wellington. Won the comp with a quality victory side with resources. Goes to NZ with limited funds and punches above his weight. But still doesn't make finals. Miller was a likeable good coach. But lets not beat around the bush. He went through 10 game losing streak and finished well below the finals mark. When are we all going to just realise our squad is average without injuries at best. And extremely shit with them.

The Dunster
29-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I just don't get the whole lets **** the coach off. We have wage thieves throughout our whole squad who are average at best. We won the comp with GVE and Jones. Two blokes that have been rubbished on here. Are they good coaches that year and were rubbish the next? or did they just have a damn good playing squad? Look at Merrick at Wellington. Won the comp with a quality victory side with resources. Goes to NZ with limited funds and punches above his weight. But still doesn't make finals. Miller was a likeable good coach. But lets not beat around the bush. He went through 10 game losing streak and finished well below the finals mark. When are we all going to just realise our squad is average without injuries at best. And extremely shit with them.

I agree, Unfortunately, people find it easier to blame Jones than to accept the reality of the club being 20 quality players short of a shot at the title.

If Martin Lee spent $10m on player wages per season we'd be title contenders even with Jones in charge.

The current situation is that our highest paid players are probably not even in the top ten salary earners at the top clubs.

Moreover, if our highest paid players were at other clubs they would be on substantially less money - perhaps even half of what the Jets are paying them.

That's got nothing to do with Mark Jones.

It is the responsibility of the Owner and his representative [the CEO] to sort out.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 02:20 PM
People find it easier to blame Jones than to accept the reality of the club being 20 quality players short of a title

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Beppe
29-11-2016, 02:43 PM
I blame Jones for the following:
1. We have so many opportunities to counter attack, or create a half chance but 9/10 times poor choices, poor options, and just general lack of ideas result in us getting nothing out of so many opportunities. Players look lost going forward. Why isn't this his focus, get some structure into our attack, set individual tasks and drill that into them.
2. When hoole loses a ball and doesn't chase back, that is on the coach. He should be fuming and getting his msg to the player that the expectation is he will work to win that ball back, unless the instruction is not to bother, then again that is a failing of jones.

He doesn't have the cattle, but you can always lift a mediocre group to be enthusiastic and to work for each other, which personally i don't think they show much hunger.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 02:56 PM
1. We have so many opportunities to counter attack, or create a half chance but 9/10 times poor choices, poor options, and just general lack of ideas result in us getting nothing out of so many opportunities. Players look lost going forward. Why isn't this his focus, get some structure into our attack, set individual tasks and drill that into them.
2. When hoole loses a ball and doesn't chase back, that is on the coach. He should be fuming and getting his msg to the player that the expectation is he will work to win that ball back, unless the instruction is not to bother, then again that is a failing of jones.

He doesn't have the cattle, but you can always lift a mediocre group to be enthusiastic and to work for each other, which personally i don't think they show much hunger.
wtf?
1. We have poor players who make poor attacking decisions. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. We had a player in Leonardo who looked to unlock defences and had vision but everyone here rubbished him cause of course he was a sook and didn't have good "engines". So we pissed him off.
2. When Hoole loses the ball that is Hoole. No one else. Hoole. So what if Jones yells kicks screams. You're missing the fact that he has lost the ball in the first place because he is an average player.

You're right. He doesn't have the cattle. Does he lift them to play above average? probably not. Did Miller? probably. Did it result in a finals appearance? nope.

Grimario
29-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Hoole losing the ball and not tracking back is on Hoole.
Hoole being on the park after repeatedly doing that game after game after game after game without any consequence is on Jones.

I can kind of see where Beppe is coming from but the examples aren't great.

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Hoole being on the park after repeatedly doing that game after game after game after game without any consequence is on Jones.

that's a fair call. But my question is who do you replace him with? A lot of people saying give Brennan a run. The bloke was state league quality at best on the weekend. And got the full 90. Labi sure from now on as he's finally got some mins in his legs. Could place Clut out wide? who replaces Clut? Eventually somewhere average is still going to be replaced by someone completely not up to this standard. Our starting 11 is sub par before the seasons kickoff. Throw in key injuries and we will be doing well to finish any higher then 10th.

Macca
29-11-2016, 03:55 PM
I think our starting XI is somewhere around 6-8 mark. Injuries have screwed us big time, even before the season started. We've lost key players throughout the season so far as well as not having all hands on deck when we started. Kokko, Haliti, Nordstrand (Chinese player too though that's not injury) are only just finding their feet now.
We may not have had great depth as has been exposed, but I think we could have caused a lot of teams trouble with the speed and quality we have sprinkled throughout the attack this season. Season has got plenty left in it yet so I'm still looking forward to seeing us play a handful of good games later on, and I think we will.

pv4
29-11-2016, 03:56 PM
2. When Hoole loses the ball that is Hoole. No one else. Hoole. So what if Jones yells kicks screams. You're missing the fact that he has lost the ball in the first place because he is an average player.

Depends on if Jones expects Hoole to track back or not, and the instructions given to him. Some coaches allow some players certain freedoms when it comes to turning over possession because they're better utilised by not wasting the fitness on things like tracking back when the coach wants to save them for counter-attacks, for eg. As a really brief example - how often do you see Gui Finkler track back?

If Jones is telling Hoole to track back after losing the ball, and he doesn't, that's Hoole's fault. But it's up to Jones to discipline Hoole for it (whether that be kickng & screaming, or dropping him, or whatever). If Jones is telling Hoole not to bother tracking back because he wants him to save his efforts for attacks, then it's on Jones.

StannyCFCJET
29-11-2016, 03:57 PM

I agree with all of this

StannyCFCJET
29-11-2016, 03:58 PM

I also agree with this

Wilso8948
29-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Depends on if Jones expects Hoole to track back or not, and the instructions given to him. Some coaches allow some players certain freedoms when it comes to turning over possession because they're better utilised by not wasting the fitness on things like tracking back when the coach wants to save them for counter-attacks, for eg. As a really brief example - how often do you see Gui Finkler track back?

If Jones is telling Hoole to track back after losing the ball, and he doesn't, that's Hoole's fault. But it's up to Jones to discipline Hoole for it (whether that be kickng & screaming, or dropping him, or whatever). If Jones is telling Hoole not to bother tracking back because he wants him to save his efforts for attacks, then it's on Jones.
So hang on.

If Hoole isn't tracking back and Jones isn't getting angry that means he's been instructed to stay forward and conserve fitness yeh?

So you're then saying when he's average in attack and can't score goals its Jone's fault because he should have all this fitness and shit yeh?

Sorry I'm just trying to work out how to blame the coach for a player being shit..

I'm so confused.

pv4
29-11-2016, 05:07 PM
So hang on.

If Hoole isn't tracking back and Jones isn't getting angry that means he's been instructed to stay forward and conserve fitness yeh?

So you're then saying when he's average in attack and can't score goals its Jone's fault because he should have all this fitness and shit yeh?

Sorry I'm just trying to work out how to blame the coach for a player being shit..

I'm so confused.

What I attempted to say was unless we know the ins & outs of Jones' expectations and how effectively they've been communicated to the team, it's hard to pin blame solely on one or the other. I was opening us all to the idea that potentially, maybe, Hoole doesn't track back because he is instructed not to. I haven't attempted to put blame on anyone - just trying to keep an open mind of the possibilities.

When Hoole is perceived to be average in attack, I guess it depends on the level he's performing at and how he is executing the plays vs Jones' expectations that decides who is to blame.

If a player is "shit" it's up to the coach to better resource him - it's not the players fault that he keeps getting picked.

plague
29-11-2016, 05:35 PM
These arguments are all fantastic and good except they are terrible and redundant because Lester won so keep going saying money is everything and the coach can't change anything.

Jetmaster
29-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Here is an example of the stories that came out when Mr Lee bought the club - still only five months ago...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-new-owner-martin-lee-to-take-small-steps/news-story/fd766528768427933ea381c15cc70cf7

Ledman said at the very start they would stick with the current squad and not spend more than necessary in the current season. They also stated there would be no extra cash for marquees and that the balance sheet was the priority for 2016/17.

There was word that there maybe a small move or two in January before a proper recruitment in the next off season.

So - we knew money would be tight this season, the injuries and Miller/Trani being twats have not changed the actual business plan.

Still people think Lee should spend all his spare dosh on quick fixes - not gonna happen. I am prepared to wait till the next off season to see what Lee has in mind.

halo se7en
29-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Here is an example of the stories that came out when Mr Lee bought the club - still only five months ago...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-new-owner-martin-lee-to-take-small-steps/news-story/fd766528768427933ea381c15cc70cf7

Ledman said at the very start they would stick with the current squad and not spend more than necessary in the current season. They also stated there would be no extra cash for marquees and that the balance sheet was the priority for 2016/17.

There was word that there maybe a small move or two in January before a proper recruitment in the next off season.

So - we knew money would be tight this season, the injuries and Miller/Trani being twats have not changed the actual business plan.

Still people think Lee should spend all his spare dosh on quick fixes - not gonna happen. I am prepared to wait till the next off season to see what Lee has in mind.

My biggest issue is still that Miller was sacked. Hence my frustration with Jones who seems to offer very little, injuries or not. I'd like to see Lee inject some cash next season, and I thought that was the original plan based on Miller building on what he started last year, which was to make us competitive. He used the off-season to acquire a few more pieces of his puzzle that he wanted, and so far those pieces IMO put this team ahead of last season's (Nabbout, Clut, Kokko, Brown). Injuries have stalled our progress, but I also think Jones isn't making the best of what's left, and I don't really see any improvement coming under him.

Plus, for all the money Lee spends, do we really think Jones is the best person to have in charge?

hawk
29-11-2016, 06:53 PM
The Miller sacking makes all that other shit nullnvoid. It is the biggest reason we are near last and cant beat the gypos

monz6
29-11-2016, 07:46 PM
The Miller sacking makes all that other shit nullnvoid. It is the biggest reason we are near last and cant beat the gypos

We had a 1-1 draw with them last year with Miller coaching

The Dunster
29-11-2016, 09:41 PM
These arguments are all fantastic and good except they are terrible and redundant because Lester won so keep going saying money is everything and the coach can't change anything.

An amazing feat no doubt but it's an unusual event given that the EPL ladder has before that tended to very closely follow how much money each club spent on players.
Once the more cashed up clubs adopt similar methods to Leicester City the results will once again show that the clubs who spend the most money will be the most successful.
Much the same as OBP has taken over from AVG in Major League Baseball.

Like the great philosopher Rachael Hunter once said "It won't happen over night but it will happen".

Wilso8948
30-11-2016, 10:40 AM

How'd I know someone would drop the L word

pv4
30-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Leicbians?

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 11:49 AM

The salary cap along with restrictions on imports in a league without a draft system effectively favours the clubs with the most resources.

The EPL is an entirely different structure and while the way Leicester monitored player injuries has validity in the A-League - it's not valid to a team that wouldn't even have the resources to employ one statistician let alone assemble an operation that collects the required data then applies it to the way the team operates.

In many respects Leicester City had what is termed a first mover advantage. The Jet's don't even have the resources to employ someone else's methods let a lone develop their own.
The costs of recruiting players oin Europe would be much less than they are in Australia as well given the massive pool of quality players within close proximity and until recently advantages with respect to the EU simply not afforded to an isolated nation such as Australia.

However, that all aside Plague is a smart guy. He's not suggesting the Jets do what Leicester did he's suggesting that there is another way for the Jets to be successful - they just need to find it.

I agree there is probably another way to do it but I'm pretty sure it will be a club other than the Jets that finds it.
The better resourced clubs in the A-league would already be monitoring player fitness and tolerances to injuries to a far more advanced level than the Jets could achieve on their shoe string budget.

Jeterpool
30-11-2016, 12:03 PM
The salary cap along with restrictions on imports in a league without a draft system effectively favours the clubs with the most resources.

The EPL is an entirely different structure and while the way Leicester monitored player injuries has validity in the A-League - it's not valid to a team that wouldn't even have the resources to employ one statistician let alone assemble an operation that collects the required data then applies it to the way the team operates.

In many respects Leicester City had what is termed a first mover advantage. The Jet's don't even have the resources to employ someone else's methods let a lone develop their own.
The costs of recruiting players oin Europe would be much less than they are in Australia as well given the massive pool of quality players within close proximity and until recently advantages with respect to the EU simply not afforded to an isolated nation such as Australia.

However, that all aside Plague is a smart guy. He's not suggesting the Jets do what Leicester did he's suggesting that there is another way for the Jets to be successful - they just need to find it.

I agree there is probably another way to do it but I'm pretty sure it will be a club other than the Jets that finds it.
The better resourced clubs in the A-league would already be monitoring player fitness and tolerances to injuries to a far more advanced level than the Jets could achieve on their shoe string budget.

There's a signature quote in there for one user at least

pv4
30-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Didn't you watch the facebook video of the S&C guy as well as the physio saying this is the fittest and best physical shape we've ever been.

Grimario
30-11-2016, 12:18 PM
He's not suggesting the Jets do what Leicester did he's suggesting that there is another way for the Jets to be successful - they just need to find it.

We found it. We then ****ed it up.

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Didn't you watch the facebook video of the S&C guy as well as the physio saying this is the fittest and best physical shape we've ever been.

It doesn't mean much when a player twists an ankle and then is forced to continue playing injured until he can no longer walk let alone run.

More reasons I'm glad I don't have a Facebook account as well.

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 01:46 PM
We found it. We then ****ed it up.

The Jets found nothing. In the first three years the resources required to be successful were a lot less than they are now.
Once changes were made with respect to players being able to be moved outside the cap and so on the Jets have failed to keep pace.
Miller got the team off the bottom of the table but he certainly didn't have us looking like contenders.

Grimario
30-11-2016, 01:53 PM
The Jets found nothing. In the first three years the resources required to be successful were a lot less than they are now.
Once changes were made with respect to players being able to be moved outside the cap and so on the Jets have failed to keep pace.
Miller got the team off the bottom of the table but he certainly didn't have us looking like contenders.

That's not what I am talking about. We started with the building blocks of a good young team with a sprinkling of experience in it. We then ****ed that up.

A club like ours without massive financial backing needs to go down that path. Invest in youth, develop, sell for profit. That's where we were and it's where we should be.

hawk
30-11-2016, 02:27 PM
That's not what I am talking about. We started with the building blocks of a good young team with a sprinkling of experience in it. We then ****ed that up.

A club like ours without massive financial backing needs to go down that path. Invest in youth, develop, sell for profit. That's where we were and it's where we should be.

It takes so long and we sell players before we can benefit. Balance of youth, experience and a couple of hard nuts please

RAM
30-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Invest in youth, develop, sell for profit. That's where we were and it's where we should be.

When were we there?????

Grimario
30-11-2016, 04:03 PM
When were we there?????

It was only a few years ago. We ****ed it up.

If you can't think of the squad we had that met that criteria, you're more of an eedjit than you pretend to be.

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 04:05 PM

It doesn't work because you cannot recover the sunk costs on players that don't meet expectations - and in sport that's a lot of players. It makes more sense to simply let others develop players and then poach the good ones.

As far as selling players for profit it simply does not happen because the more sound A-league clubs will poach them from the Jets as soon as they look like a sound investment. [Rojas.. and so on]
It would make more sense to poach players from the AIS and perhaps the Youth teams of the bigger A-league clubs where they have a player with the right attributes who has a top level player on the roster holding them out of a starting position [Birraz at Adelaide, Nabbout from Melb].

With respect to Birraz and Nabbout what possible advantage would the jets have had putting them through a youth system rather than just buying them like they did from clubs that couldn't offer them enough game time ?

It's a romantic idea to develop talent but the reality is the failures far outweigh the successes. Look at West ham as an example. great youth system - struggling senior side

RAM
30-11-2016, 04:12 PM

If you can't think of the squad we had that met that criteria, you're more of an eedjit than you pretend to be.

Can't think of any players we developed or sold for profit. We usually just let guys go for free, and do **** all development.

Jeterpool
30-11-2016, 04:14 PM
When were we there?????

I'll help (even if we didn't profit from them because, as Grim says, we stuffed it up)...Birrighitti, Chapman, Goodwin, Brillante, Taggart

Jeterpool
30-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Can't think of any players we developed or sold for profit. We usually just let guys go for free, and do **** all development.

As Grim says, we had them but let them go for free...because we ****ed up

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I'll help (even if we didn't profit from them because, as Grim says, we stuffed it up)...Birrighitti, Chapman, Goodwin, Brillante, Taggart

But we didn't develop them. Birra = Adelaide, Chapman = AIS, Goodwin = Melb Heart, Brillante = Gold Coast , Taggart = Perth Glory.

The risk factor on these players was very low because they were somewhat proven already and only lacking in game time / opportunities.

So this sort of thing I think is very good because it gets you bargains without the financial burden of developing them through youth programs and so on which more often than not fails.

Jeterpool
30-11-2016, 04:31 PM
But we didn't develop them. Birra = Adelaide, Chapman = AIS, Goodwin = Melb Heart, Brillante = Gold Coast , Taggart = Perth Glory.

The risk factor on these players was very low because they were somewhat proven already and only lacking in game time / opportunities.

So this sort of thing I think is very good because it gets you bargains without the financial burden of developing them through youth programs and so on which more often than not fails.

100% agree we didn't develop them - We gave them game because, as you rightly said, they weren't given that at their previous team (except Chapman). I'd differ with you as I don't think they were even "somewhat proven" but that's not what we're discussing.

As Grim suggested, we buy good young players (those I mentioned above fall into that category), we give them game time and sell them on while supporting them with some quality middle-aged players with exeprience.

That's how I understood it, anyway.

Grimario
30-11-2016, 04:34 PM
100% agree we didn't develop them - We gave them game because, as you rightly said, they weren't given that at their previous team (except Chapman). I'd differ with you as I don't think they were even "somewhat proven" but that's not what we're discussing.

As Grim suggested, we buy good young players (those I mentioned above fall into that category), we give them game time and sell them on while supporting them with some quality middle-aged players with exeprience.

That's how I understood it, anyway.
Yep. We don't have the mega bucks to bring in a Bobo or Fornaroli. Problem we have now is shit management at pretty much all levels so it's bleedingly obvious why someone like Jamie Maclaren wouldn't have even considered us after the PG celery cap debacle. We're a joke club, really.

The Dunster
30-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Yep. We don't have the mega bucks to bring in a Bobo or Fornaroli. Problem we have now is shit management at pretty much all levels so it's bleedingly obvious why someone like Jamie Maclaren wouldn't have even considered us after the PG celery cap debacle. We're a joke club, really.

Yep.. I agree.

The club should include a cyanide tablet in every membership kit instead of those shit key rings and stickers

Jeterpool
30-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Yep.. I agree.

The club should include a cyanide tablet in every membership kit instead of those shit key rings and stickers

Will raise at the meeting on Tuesday, but you'll have to wait until next year

plague
30-11-2016, 05:05 PM

I don't disagree with this strategy.
Quick question for anyone who knows:
How many players have we ever 'sold' and have we ever made any significant money?

plague
30-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Once the more cashed up clubs adopt similar methods to Leicester City the results will once again show that the clubs who spend the most money will be the most successful.

Yeah but if you swapped Claudio Ranieri and Kevin Muscat would the results have been the same?

RAM
30-11-2016, 05:11 PM

We haven't developed anyone.

We don't make profits from transfers.

We're mugs.

margie
30-11-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't disagree with this strategy.
Quick question for anyone who knows:
How many players have we ever 'sold' and have we ever made any significant money?

Nicky Carle is the only one that comes to mind