PDA

View Full Version : GVE Gooooooooone

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

MFKS
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
So, Ang signed players to win the league and Gve signed players to potentially come good one day down the track. This is folly.

If gve signed established players for a top 4 finish and signed SOME top youth to continue the good results (ie gypos:sigh:) I would applaud.

I do agree with the destablising and pride bit.

For a start GVE's quite entitled to go the Youngsters direction. As he is the man making the calls that is his perogative. You are out in charge and you wish to play LongBall larry Hoofball. That is your perogative and you are entitled to it

To compare Victrees situation and ours is chalk and cheese. Victree will always potentially be the BIGGEST club in the country. Due to their city size and the fact that Tards are less fickle than Sydneysiders. After a season or two languishing they demand to be back up at the top. As a result Ange due to his Brisbane heroics will be cut some slack to redevelop but he has a goal to be back at the top ASAP. What expectations are there from Newy and HSG for the Jets to be No1?? Sure we would all like to be at the top of the mountain and some think we should be delusionally but where is the expectation on GVE to produce ASAP????

As for our signings pre season other than the Marquee being filled by heskeytime. What other senior players were signed?? JOSH MITCHELL now lets be honest has proven to be a bit of a dissappointment and quite average to below average. The rest were kids. As a result we never looked to sign established players with a view on the HERE and NOW. We went the development angle. Due to this why the wrist slashing and blood letting cause we are 5th and the prosepect of the title returning to Newy soon looks distant?? Thats exactly what we went for

Raw Boned Youngster
05-02-2013, 08:45 PM
The youth direction and the 5 year plan or whatever it is pretty problematic; many or most of the youth are unproven, so there is no guarantee that the players will meet the expectation required for success. jack Gibson, I think, got it right when he said 'Potential never won nuthin'. The other issue with the full on youth direction is that, in the time frame earmarked for success, a fair whack of them have pissed off to somewhere else. therefore clubs can be in a constant rebuilding phase aiming for a day that never comes. I think the Jets aren't interested in success, as such, but developing young players who can be sold At a profit for the club. I have prattled on about this ad nauseum but it appears to be the only valid explanation. the problem with that is Egg Van doesn't appear to be able to improve them.

plague
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
There is still a gulf in class between the two leagues, otherwise Jesic will be killing it at HAL level, rather than NYL. There will always be this gap.

oooooooohhhhhh I see now.
Except for the fact that every other team uses first team to blood kids with experienced players with the goal of winning, whereas we just blood more youngsters without winning.

So let me ask you again, "what are WE using the youth league for"?

Why is everyone dismissing the Ange comparison? The bloke used the same blueprint at two different clubs with great success* yet we hold form that Gaz is on the right path despite moving exactly three fifths of **** all further up the table.
we are closer to last than we are to the spot above us. where the **** is this all going?

*copyright Borat

plague
05-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Also MFKS, you forgot Biraz, Riberio, Neville, Ritter. All off season signings, all experienced footballers.
Not exactly a bunch of kids ey?

05-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Just to add this little stat as food for thought. At present GVE is having his second worst season in regards to results as a full time manager. Needless to say his worst was when we got the spoon. Very comforting. Never mind according to the member thats Gary's perogative and what GVE had planned for us.

Stop talking a great game GVE and do.

parksey
05-02-2013, 10:19 PM
"what are WE using the youth league for"?

that's where we send all of our out of favour imports to play out their contracts.

MFKS
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Plague Check your stats

Birraz played a handful of games when Eugene was absent at Pissant team.

Ribero don't play for us. GVE won't pick him. To say the bloke is a seasoned player is having a laugh. Handful of appearances at each club he has been to. Whats he made 4-5 appearances for us

Neville played about 50 games for Perth but from my perceptions that amounts to about 10 elsewhere as Perth are shit

Ritter stats in Switzerland border on obscure as there don't seem to be many details of Swiss reserve team and yoof team stats flying about.

Experienced my ARSE :sparring: :whistling:

MFKS
05-02-2013, 10:27 PM
oooooooohhhhhh I see now.
Except for the fact that every other team uses first team to blood kids with experienced players with the goal of winning, whereas we just blood more youngsters without winning.

So let me ask you again, "what are WE using the youth league for"?

Why is everyone dismissing the Ange comparison? The bloke used the same blueprint at two different clubs with great success* yet we hold form that Gaz is on the right path despite moving exactly three fifths of **** all further up the table.
we are closer to last than we are to the spot above us. where the **** is this all going?

*copyright Borat

I would also suggest the blue print for success at Roar with the possession based game ad nauseum is slightly different from the LETHAL counter attacking shit Victree do. Anges Victree play nothing like Anges Roar in their pomp

plague
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Birraz played a handful of games when Eugene was absent at Pissant team.

Ribero don't play for us. GVE won't pick him. To say the bloke is a seasoned player is having a laugh. Handful of appearances at each club he has been to. Whats he made 4-5 appearances for us

Neville played about 50 games for Perth but from my perceptions that amounts to about 10 elsewhere as Perth are shit

Ritter stats in Switzerland border on obscure as there don't seem to be many details of Swiss reserve team and yoof team stats flying about.

http://i42.tinypic.com/hreov6.jpg
Sorry, I forgot what its like when you get like this.
My bad everyone.
Carry on without me.

sh10
05-02-2013, 11:27 PM
*copyright Borat

I noticed he hasn't posted much this season - obviously all the hate mail getting a bit too much for him

parksey
05-02-2013, 11:30 PM
i heard that borat was actually sacha baron-cohen

Thomas477
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
*snip*

FFS, we've won 6, drawn 5 and lost 8. Yes we've lost more games than we've won, but all of the other 5 clubs below us have lost more games. And really, it's not panic stations yet. As much as I would love to see us winning each and every season, I have to be realistic and look at the fact that changing our manager when we're running mid table is ridiculous, and not going to be helpful in the long term. Tbh I will be happy that we make the finals each year, and if we do with the current squad the next years can only be brighter if we keep them.

sh10
06-02-2013, 12:08 AM
i heard that borat was actually sacha baron-cohen

i'm a bit jelly he's doing isla fisher and i'm not

parksey
06-02-2013, 12:35 AM
oath

hawk
06-02-2013, 12:57 AM
For a start GVE's quite entitled to go the Youngsters direction. As he is the man making the calls that is his perogative. You are out in charge and you wish to play LongBall larry Hoofball. That is your perogative and you are entitled to it

To compare Victrees situation and ours is chalk and cheese. Victree will always potentially be the BIGGEST club in the country. Due to their city size and the fact that Tards are less fickle than Sydneysiders. After a season or two languishing they demand to be back up at the top. As a result Ange due to his Brisbane heroics will be cut some slack to redevelop but he has a goal to be back at the top ASAP. What expectations are there from Newy and HSG for the Jets to be No1?? Sure we would all like to be at the top of the mountain and some think we should be delusionally but where is the expectation on GVE to produce ASAP????

As for our signings pre season other than the Marquee being filled by heskeytime. What other senior players were signed?? JOSH MITCHELL now lets be honest has proven to be a bit of a dissappointment and quite average to below average. The rest were kids. As a result we never looked to sign established players with a view on the HERE and NOW. We went the development angle. Due to this why the wrist slashing and blood letting cause we are 5th and the prosepect of the title returning to Newy soon looks distant?? Thats exactly what we went for

Please dont dismiss the other average players as just kids. This is part of his genius perogative.

He hasnt got the balance to be regard as a sensible decision maker. 5th lol, 4pts from last.

seldom
06-02-2013, 03:45 AM

Wasn't it you baggin Olympic in the local league for doin just this ?

MFKS
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
FFS Seldom try twisting something else around to suit an agenda:violin::yap:

plague
06-02-2013, 11:43 AM
FFS, we've won 6, drawn 5 and lost 8. Yes we've lost more games than we've won, but all of the other 5 clubs below us have lost more games.

This is quite possibly the greatest glass half full line I've ever heard.

The day the asteroid is hurtling to Earth to kill us all I'm gonna ring you up cause I've got a feeling you'll make me feel good about it.

boz-monaut
06-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Thomas would see the silver lining in a mushroom cloud

MFKS
06-02-2013, 12:11 PM
This is quite possibly the greatest glass half full line I've ever heard.

The day the asteroid is hurtling to Earth to kill us all I'm gonna ring you up cause I've got a feeling you'll make me feel good about it.

This thread is enlightening Plague. Shows who on the foz are the Glass half fulllers and who are the glass half empty people

Grimario
06-02-2013, 12:14 PM
This thread is enlightening Plague. Shows who on the foz are the Glass half fulllers and who are the glass half empty people
Come off it MKFC, we clearly can't afford a glass in the salary cap environment. Plastic cup half empty, for sure... possibly leaking a little.

06-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I am with Thomas on this one. At least when we fall its not that far to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

plague
06-02-2013, 12:51 PM
it would seem my plastic cup is half full of warm mid strength beer.

Grunta
06-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Half full or half empty, still room for more alcohol

seldom
06-02-2013, 02:04 PM
FFS Seldom try twisting something else around to suit an agenda:violin::yap:

No agenda here bud just a hatred of hypocrites

hawk
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.communitypartnering.info/assets/img/2%20glasses-half-***.jpg

MFKS
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
No agenda here bud just a hatred of hypocrites
How am I being hypocritical??

I on the Local league thread put forward my OPINION that Olympic (in particular) and other NBN State League Clubs shouldn't be playing the larry longball hacking em down game that is prevalent in the NBN. I beleive that we should be expecting much more than that in this day and age. Managers of State League teams are entitled to play long ball larry shit if they want that is their perogative. I just don't agree with it and feel we in Newy should be a bit more cultured than that. THAT IS MY OPINION

In this thread I backed GVE and his right as MANAGER to do things his way and play however he wants and sign whoever he wants. I also used the fictitious analogy where Foz poster "Hawk" was appointed Jets Manager and claimed he as Manager is entitled to play however he sees fit. Hawk as manager is entitled to have us playing long ball larry and that as manager is his entitlement.

Would I agree with this method. **** NO I would be extremely pissed the Jets were playing that way

Would I back Hawk's right to play this way YES 100%.

The HSG Clowns who appointed Hawk to have Jets play this way wuld be in the Member's firing path

plague
06-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I also used the fictitious analogy where Foz poster "Hawk" was appointed Jets Manager and claimed he as Manager is entitled to play however he sees fit.

Would I back Hawk's right to play this way YES 100%.

NEW THREAD:

Hawk IN.

MFKS
06-02-2013, 05:43 PM
NEW THREAD:

Hawk IN.

:lulzturtle::rof:

plague
06-02-2013, 05:45 PM
NEW THREAD:

Hawk OUT.

Too much longball apparently.

(Sorry Hawk, I gave you a chance)

Thomas477
06-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I just don't see the point in changing coaches when we're mid table. What is the point when we come 5th or 6th with a young team? Yes we've had the odd bad game, last week being a perfect example, but do you really expect changing coaches each year would help? Seems to be working wonders for Sydney. However, should we have a worse season next year, I think GvE's spot would have to be under review.

As for challenging for the title, would I love to see us up there each year? Yup. Is it realistic? Nope, unless we have significant spending and don't pass on top quality players like Griffo.

hawk
07-02-2013, 01:43 AM
i will take a peoples poll on who to play and where and give it a go, passing and crossing will be sublime, drop beer prices back to what the workers can buy, add more spirits and put profits back into player recruitment, crowd to run onto field immediately at fulltime, tenz to be improved with appropriate services, uniforms and paytv, open policy on tifo and ground announcer to ridicule opposition and whip up stad support, free transport and the big screen to show all controversy so the ref can change his decision to the correct one, finally players to put on xmas pantomime with hesk as baby jesus.

la bazzle
07-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Any chance of a pool for tenzo?

Jeterpool
07-02-2013, 10:04 AM
i will take a peoples poll on who to play and where and give it a go, passing and crossing will be sublime, drop beer prices back to what the workers can buy, add more spirits and put profits back into player recruitment, crowd to run onto field immediately at fulltime, tenz to be improved with appropriate services, uniforms and paytv, open policy on tifo and ground announcer to ridicule opposition and whip up stad support, free transport and the big screen to show all controversy so the ref can change his decision to the correct one, finally players to put on xmas pantomime with hesk as baby jesus.

Also make it full strength again and you have my vote!

hawk
07-02-2013, 11:34 AM
pool at tenz check with movie making facilities, 5% beer check. I will stand down after said infrastructure is in place

hawk
07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
and nf foz participants get 20% discount across the board.

Bon
07-02-2013, 11:53 AM

As long as it comes with the return of the jugs.. Both forms of jugs..
We have to stay firm on the jugs.. And the jugs have to stay firm.. :yay:

Jeterpool
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
and nf foz participants get 20% discount across the board.
hawk in!!!

De-Champ
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I reckon i should get the gig, after all I have a coaches licence, fully accredited by the FFA. It means I can drive the players around.

Grimario
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I won the A-League on Football Manager 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Defo my gig.

joel31
07-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I just don't see the point in changing coaches when we're mid table. What is the point when we come 5th or 6th with a young team? Yes we've had the odd bad game, last week being a perfect example, but do you really expect changing coaches each year would help? Seems to be working wonders for Sydney. However, should we have a worse season next year, I think GvE's spot would have to be under review.

As for challenging for the title, would I love to see us up there each year? Yup. Is it realistic? Nope, unless we have significant spending and don't pass on top quality players like Griffo.
I mostly agree but we are 4 points of bottom

joel31
07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I won the A-League on Football Manager 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Defo my gig.
I won the ACL 2 times in row, A-League regular season and finals every season on football manager in 4-5 seasons on Football Manager 2010. And won regular season in my 1st on football manager 2013. I brought back Joel. Which makes me clearly a better manager than GVE as well

My2BobsWorth
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
:blush:Provocative user name there, had any erotic PM's from any members?

My2BobsWorth
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM

I can't remember a post that I agree with more:tongue:

Buddha
07-02-2013, 07:00 PM
As long as it comes with the return of the jugs.. Both forms of jugs..
We have to stay firm on the jugs.. And the jugs have to stay firm.. :yay:
i prefer them to be nice and jiggly, firm jugs means they're fake

Thomas477
07-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I mostly agree but we are 4 points of bottom

Fair point, but my opinion of that is that it reflects the closeness of the A-League that 6 teams are within 4 points of each. Yes, there are the four others, who we should be trying to catch but with out current squad we can only improve. TBH, as long as we make the finals I will be happy.

I reckon i should get the gig, after all I have a coaches licence, fully accredited by the FFA. It means I can drive the players around.

:gent:

hauss
07-02-2013, 07:38 PM

And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver jugs to people in the pool?

seldom
07-02-2013, 10:32 PM
i prefer them to be nice and jiggly, firm jugs means they're fake

nice and jiggly = saggy...off to the Bowlo you

hawk
08-02-2013, 12:44 AM
And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver jugs to people in the pool?
of course

militiamon
08-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Tenzo polo shirts - Out

northern_swan
08-02-2013, 10:40 PM
And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver their jugs to people in the pool?

Fixed

08-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Back on track. I thought what Middleby had to say in his interview the other day was quite telling. The clubs expectations were a top 6 at the start of the season and nothing has changed from that.

seldom
09-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Back on track. I thought what Middleby had to say in his interview the other day was quite telling. The clubs expectations were a top 6 at the start of the season and nothing has changed from that.

Oh ok...so a 10 team comp and we're happy to be scrapin into the top six...in that case GVE IN !

sh10
09-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Oh ok...so a 10 team comp and we're happy to be scrapin into the top six...in that case GVE IN !

Well if the expectation for every team is top 4 then that's 6 coaches getting sacked each season...

NewcastleForLife
09-02-2013, 09:31 AM
^^^ Half way there then. Completely agree though, Gary has done enough for another season, just needs to improve again next season.

plague
09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I reackon every year our aim should be not to get relegated.
Then we can have a massive fap at the end of the year when we "succeed".

halo se7en
09-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Well if the expectation for every team is top 4 then that's 6 coaches getting sacked each season...

Ricki Herbert is copping a lot of shit for Wellington's performances this season… some people don't seem to realise that someone has to come in the bottom few positions every season.

Considering we're above Perth and Brisbane, last year's grand finalists, & Wellington and Melbourne who were probably considered finals contenders at the start of the season, and Sydney.. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly?

Melb Vict have ALWAYS been a strong side and will always recruit the better players.
The Scum have been building their side over the last 7-8 goddamn years… They seem to know what the word "stability" means.
Adelaide are 50-50 and always have been… good one season, useless the next. They just happen to be good this season on the back of some impressive imports.

I've said it before, I'm not GVE's biggest fan but I can see what he's trying to do and I think we'll have a really strong team next year.

Jeterpool
09-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd be happier if we finished ahead of the Gypos - even if that meant coming 9th

But in all seriousness, if we don't aim for the finals then what are we doing. I personally think we should be aiming higher

la bazzle
09-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Keep him. He has shown he is a brilliant tactition and tht he is in charge. Why play regs, that wouldn't show how incharge he is.

Eat a dick gary

Grimario
09-02-2013, 10:51 PM
****ing aye. Gutted he didn't take the Sydney job :(

Grimario
10-02-2013, 11:42 AM
What do the yaysayers have to fall back on after today if there is a win in the game between Brisbane andSydney? We drop out of the top six...

And what are our realistic points in the remaining games? Almost certainly nothing in the nix, Adelaide and victory trips. That leaves roar, wsw, Perth and heart at home... I would fancy us getting six points, maybe seven from that.... Will that be enough for us to scrape into the top six and meet our seasons expectations?

Jetmaster
10-02-2013, 12:03 PM
****ing aye. Gutted he didn't take the Sydney job :(

Nuh - Deans would've been caretaker....GVE would've been sacked by now by the Smurfs because ADP would be playing Youth as he doesn't fit the system....and he would be eying a return back already.

northern_swan
10-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Nuh - Deans would've been caretaker....GVE would've been sacked by now by the Smurfs because ADP would be playing Youth as he doesn't fit the system....and he would be eying a return back already.

Deans----->GvE

That said, Deans out.

GVEOUTNOW
11-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Here is the petition to sack this muppet.
http://www.change.org/petitions/newcastle-jets-f-c-to-sack-gary-van-egmond-as-coach-of-newcastle-jets

furns
11-02-2013, 01:47 PM
wb Branko

Grimario
11-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Job opening in Perth. GVE IN (@ Perth)!

belchardo
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Job opening in Perth. GVE IN (@ Perth)!

imagine the excuses he could use over there!

"there's nobody to trial against"
"the travel really takes a toll on us"
"i thought we were three hours ahead, not behind"

furns
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM
There is no job opening - Alistair Edwards is the replacement according to twitter

hawk
11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
There is no job opening - Alistair Edwards is the replacement according to twitter

It's only a caretaker role so job is very much open. Continue hype people

Thomas477
11-02-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/newcastle-jets-f-c-to-sack-gary-van-egmond-as-coach-of-newcastle-jets

FFS that's exactly what we need now, online petitions (because they always work out so well) calling for GvE's head. You can get all the signatures you want on that, but given your first sentence is "Sack this Hopeless Whinging Twat." immediatley means that no one at HSG will listen to you. As for wanting North and Abbas back, again losing all credibility. Next you'll be wanting Carney to sign with us.....

Do agree with your sacking Deans and signing Griff policy though :sup:

q-money
11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
internet petitions are super effective, they brought down the berlin wall, caused the arab spring, did 9/11 etc

boz-monaut
11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
a social media campaign to raise awareness is the most effect way of doing anything ever

Zico
11-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Lost all cred with the write up about the petition.

11-02-2013, 07:15 PM
FFS that's exactly what we need now, online petitions (because they always work out so well) calling for GvE's head. You can get all the signatures you want on that, but given your first sentence is "Sack this Hopeless Whinging Twat." immediatley means that no one at HSG will listen to you. As for wanting North and Abbas back, again losing all credibility. Next you'll be wanting Carney to sign with us.....

Agreed

If you want to be taken seriously and it can by all means, keep it civil.

Buddha
11-02-2013, 08:08 PM

dont see a problem with this if you ask me :lulz::gent:

plague
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
a social media campaign to raise awareness is the most effect way of doing anything ever

"like"

There, my work is done.

sammydog
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
"like"

There, my work is done.

You worked hard, having to type the full word rather than click a button.

plague
11-02-2013, 11:49 PM
You worked hard, having to type the full word rather than click a button.

Don't ever say I don't do my bit.

Did you know in the last 12 months I'm personally responsible for the following:
1. Catching Kony.
2. Ending Global Warming.
3. Letting the gays get married.
4. Cured some bitch with herpes.
5. Stopped the boats.

Now WHERE'S MY GOD DAMNED MEDAL, SOCIETY??????

Jeterpool
12-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't ever say I don't do my bit.

Did you know in the last 12 months I'm personally responsible for the following:
1. Catching Kony.
2. Ending Global Warming.
3. Letting the gays get married.
4. Cured some bitch with herpes.
5. Stopped the boats.

Now WHERE'S MY GOD DAMNED MEDAL, SOCIETY??????

Sent to the wrong email address

12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Whitehaven all good, now hopefully there is enough dosh for the Egg's early severence package.

The Dunster
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
THe goal at the start of the season was to be competitive with the likes of Brisbane.

Based on the fact we are above Brisbane on the table GVE will obviously feel he's achieved his objective.

Well done GVE.

slobsy
12-02-2013, 11:49 AM
good to see this petition going strong with 5 Signatures.

Also, who is Etic? I was never aware we had this player on our books....

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 01:52 PM
to be competitive, please stop giving josh mitchell game time

q-money
12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
professor franco parisi (y)

Porett
16-02-2013, 12:13 AM
the goal at the start of the season was to be competitive with the likes of brisbane.

Based on the fact we are above brisbane on the table gve will obviously feel he's achieved his objective.

Well done gve.

mission accomplished

Jeterpool
28-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm not a big supporter of his but credit where it's due. Whether he picked the team initially or not, he has stuck with the same starting line-up for 3 games running and we played some really good football.

Also, Caravella has been an amazing pickup. Can't believe the pissants let him go.

Well done Gary.

Imyourhero
28-02-2013, 01:03 PM
But as "one of the top coaches in Australia" it took him how many rounds to realise what players actually deserved to be involved? And that changing 7 people every week wasn't a good idea.

Despite recent results im still GVE OUT, these young fellas coming through deserve a better coach than the cowardly GVE.

belchardo
03-03-2013, 06:40 PM
just when you think he's improving a bit, he goes out and reminds you of his inner genius. :sigh:

ToddG NBUnited
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
right proper cvnt!!!!

militiamon
03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Even I will admit this is pretty embarrassing. Can only imagine the rage in pv4 at the game right now :rof:

03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
^ i know you have been a firm supporter of GVE and that is fine . You will find that most of the GVE out haters are trying to point out GVE thinks he can get by with an outfit made up of mostly youngsters and as today is clearly demonstrating that is not the case. Combine this and GVE's inabilty to even manage a small sided kiddies team this vision of GVE's is just plain F^&*ed up at best.

militiamon
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
On the flip side, I also see that we have been out-passing MV for the most part and have more possession despite being down 3-0. Not bad against a side that is also considered one of the best in the league for its passing and possession-based playing style.

belchardo
03-03-2013, 07:24 PM
but 75% of it has been fullback to fullback to keeper to fullback to keeper to fullback and so on.

we just don't manage to go forward with all that possession and passing.

plague
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
On the flip side, I also see that we have been out-passing MV for the most part and have more possession despite being down 3-0. Not bad against a side that is also considered one of the best in the league for its passing and possession-based playing style.

id rather have the three goals.

ta.

Not asif MV are 'orrible to watch.

westjet
03-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Seriously what will it take for us to get rid of this bloke - clearly not the manager to get the best out of HIS team who uses the same tactics every week even though every team knows what we are going to do and feed off it.

snake
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
not dutchys fault - "players didnt completely followed the game plan"

NewcastleForLife
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Travelled too much, leave gary alone. Love the eggman

03-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Toohey in the Telegraph saying Griff's departure more to do with GVE than the money.

The Dunster
03-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Heskey will be next.

My2BobsWorth
03-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Toohey in the Telegraph saying Griff's departure more to do with GVE than the money.

He seems to know more than the Herald boys do about the Jets, and while I'm on about the Herald, do they want the paper to go arse up, where the **** is the form guide?

03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
^ Not trying to start rumour mungering here but i thought there was an article just recently where the big fella was waiting to see where the club was at re GVE .

Zico
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I've sat on the fence about GVE untill tonight but after this exhibition of shit and the fact that the players he let go are now making up a majority of the table topping side, I've now got to get on the GVE out bandwagon. Time to go Gary.

pudy
03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
I've sat on the fence about GVE untill tonight but after this exhibition of shit and the fact that the players he let go are now making up a majority of the table topping side, I've now got to get on the GVE out bandwagon. Time to go Gary.

Seems a lot of 'fence sitters' on this issue feel the same way after tonight. Pressure on GVE has really gone up a notch.

GVEOUTNOW
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Make Pim Verbeek coach for ****s sake...

belchardo
03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Make Pim Verbeek coach for ****s sake...

at least we'd jag ugly draws and the occasional ugly win with him...would be the complete reverse of GVE's philosophy though regarding age.

03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
RM has a lot to weigh up in the short term.

1 Let GVE see out his contract even though there is a growing number of pissed off fans
2 The resigning of Heskey, is it worth it if pisssed off fans equels less membership numbers going into next season.
3 Starting with GVE next season and getting off to a shocker and having to make a decision after it has started.
4 What to do with GVE, do we have the money to early exit him or just shuffle the deck chairs and get stuck with Deans because the funds are not there to recruit another.

Should be some sleepless nights coming up for Robbie and Palmer.

Are we really a better team nearly 2 full seasons down the track under GvE ?. Even the most die hard Gary in supporter would have a hard time of making a vaild arguement for the affirmitive.

halo se7en
03-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I'll be very happy to see GVE go, but to say his rejects are making up the "majority of the table topping side" is a farcical statement. Haliti is a bench player, Covic pissed off overseas before coming back, Bridge wasn't going to be stopped and didn't shown this sort of form in the last few years with Sydney either. D'Apuzzo left football altogether after us, and Elrich can't get a start. Topor is the only player who has come straight from the Jets to WSW and turned his form right around. In saying that, Topor's form under Branko wasn't flash hot either. So even if you count Topor and Stanley as 2 players, that's 2 out of 25. I was shite at maths but I'm pretty sure that isn't the majority...

Porett
03-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Lets not be like shitney and have a knee jerk reaction and hire the closest guy we can find.

Put some thought into it take your time and bring paul okon back home.

halo se7en
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Lets not be like shitney and have a knee jerk reaction and hire the closest guy we can find.

Put some thought into it take your time and bring paul okon back home.

Hopefully that's what they're doing now & will continue to until about June/July and it's the reason GVE is still there.

parksey
03-03-2013, 10:51 PM
what's richard money doing these days?

Thomas477
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
what's richard money doing these days?

Youth coach at Newcastle United I think.

GazFish35
03-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Give the gig to clacka.
His bunch of young kids came third.

plague
03-03-2013, 11:50 PM
not dutchys fault - "players didnt completely followed the game plan"

My favourite part of the interview was when he couldnt remember Heskeys name.

Well in coach.

Jetmaster
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I wonder if we could get Miron away from his business adventures and throng of young women ?

BodyNovo
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
the one thing brankenstein passed on to GVE was the terrible excuses.

instead of apoligising to the fans for the dire display, he blames the players for not following instructions & tactics. maybe if he were a better coach the players would have.

its ok though, he will make everyone feel better about themselves this morning when he puts bridges & heskey in the starting line up and yesterday is forgotten.

cobra23
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
All of this proves that you need a few experienced heads in the side. (in any team)
pace,fitness,youth will not just win you games. a few old heads out there may have changed the mentality of the game. im not saying if bridges and heskey had played we would have won, but we would have at least made a game
out of it.

some players need guidence and support, yesterday alot of our players needed that.

MFKS
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
the one thing brankenstein passed on to GVE was the terrible excuses.

instead of apoligising to the fans for the dire display, he blames the players for not following instructions & tactics. maybe if he were a better coach the players would have.

its ok though, he will make everyone feel better about themselves this morning when he puts bridges & heskey in the starting line up and yesterday is forgotten.

Not knocking what you are saying but the blokes he put out there are more than capable to play at a level better than they did. We may have been missing some senior players but the blokes who went out there were ****ing disgraceful in their efforts. Why does the coach have to apoligise for them playing at a level ridiculously below their normal level??? No way in the world that Victree side is 5 goals better than the blokes we played yesterday

Grimario
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Oh FFS member, get your tongue out of GVE's proverbial arsehole. We were absolutely destroyed by his complete tactical genius of pushing fullbacks half a pitch up the field when playing against a team whose favourite attacking method is raping teams down the flank on the quick counter. Doesn't matter who we had on the pitch, that was going to happen all day with his brilliant tactical inflexibility.

MFKS
04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh FFS member, get your tongue out of GVE's proverbial arsehole. We were absolutely destroyed by his complete tactical genius of pushing fullbacks half a pitch up the field when playing against a team whose favourite attacking method is raping teams down the flank on the quick counter. Doesn't matter who we had on the pitch, that was going to happen all day with his brilliant tactical inflexibility.

There is little wrong with pushing fullbacks up the park if you maintain possession which we didn't players fault not coaches. There is also little wrong with this method if the centre mids drop in to cover like they should be Players fault not coaches.

Watch next time Zenon plays how often he covers the back line. Zads needs to improve on this as he does it sometimes but not enough and Brillante doesn't seem to do it at all. Watch the Gypos play Hutcho and Montgomery are always dropping in to cover Bojic/Rose when they go forward.

Glad our loss yesterday has made so many happy that they can wallow in negativity and flex their GVE hate again. Last couple of weeks have been a bit quiet around here.

BodyNovo
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
look at the muppets we have played over the last couple of weeks but

Heart at home: heart haven't won away outside the of the melbourne derby at etihad round 1

Brisbane: lucky not to lose

Wellington: no coach, took advantage of it.

than;

Melbourne: good team, good coach & garys "tactical tanking" failed

we probably will win this week against glory, but its a tough run in against adelaide & western sydney.

Thomas477
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM
look at the muppets we have played over the last couple of weeks but

Heart at home: heart haven't won away outside the of the melbourne derby at etihad round 1

Brisbane: lucky not to lose

Wellington: no coach, took advantage of it.

than;

Melbourne: good team, good coach & garys "tactical tanking" failed

we probably will win this week against glory, but its a tough run in against adelaide & western sydney.

FFS, have you ever thought that GvE was prepared to throw away getting a result against a higher placed team, who we can't catch up to barring a miracle, to get the definite 3 points against Wello and then have a full strength team against Perth who could still make the finals and knock us out.

Either way, we win and the same people who blame GvE for chopping and changing the squad, aren't happy that Riberio, Regan etc aren't playing. We lose against a higher placed team and he's an incompetent fool.

You don't see the coach of Wigan getting sacked for losing to Manchester United.

snake
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
FFS, have you ever thought that GvE was prepared to throw away getting a result against a higher placed team, who we can't catch up to barring a miracle, to get the definite 3 points against Wello and then have a full strength team against Perth who could still make the finals and knock us out.

Either way, we win and the same people who blame GvE for chopping and changing the squad, aren't happy that Riberio, Regan etc aren't playing. We lose against a higher placed team and he's an incompetent fool.

You don't see the coach of Wigan getting sacked for losing to Manchester United.

lol

easy in hindsight.

BodyNovo
04-03-2013, 02:18 PM
he's an incompetent fool.

glad we agree on something.

Jeterpool
04-03-2013, 02:26 PM

If we had won yesterday, the Victory AND Adelaide, who we play in 2 weeks time, were both within striking distance 3 points ahead - granted we have played an extra game. There was certainly pressure to have been applied.

Thomas477
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
If we had won yesterday, the Victory AND Adelaide, who we play in 2 weeks time, were both within striking distance 3 points ahead - granted we have played an extra game. There was certainly pressure to have been applied.

Yes, there was probably a chance. However, playing to Middleby's exception of top 6, GvE played safe by wanting to beat the teams below us to stop them overtaking us, and happy to throw away points to a team who may be able to catch the coasties and make them come third. I don't blame him for doing so, and given the current crop of cattle, and I would agree with the team for yesterday (although I would have signed one or two more experienced heads by now). We do need some more experienced players, if nothing else as back up when the first choices are out.

q-money
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
lol what kind of speng goes out to throw away a result? a ****ing loser that's what

gve dropped the oranges here pal, and if he was a player, would be dropped to da yoof or shot out of a cannon into the sun

deans IN

MFKS
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
lol what kind of speng goes out to throw away a result? a ****ing loser that's what

gve dropped the oranges here pal, and if he was a player, would be dropped to da yoof or shot out of a cannon into the sun

deans IN

Q Man You remember Tiago giving away the pens to Brisbane in an attempt to **** over the Gypos last season??:whistling:

Jeterpool
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I would agree with the team for yesterday (although I would have signed one or two more experienced heads by now). We do need some more experienced players, if nothing else as back up when the first choices are out.

I agree with you here. Given the situation we found ourselves in yesterday with rested players, injuries and illnesses to Brown and Virgili it was probably the team I would have picked too (except maybe Chapman starting and Ritter - but do you break up a CB pairing playing well? Probably not). The players he has to select, however, is the result of Gary's own doing.

Agree we need more experience in the team even as a back up.

Jeterpool
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
deans IN

I'll put this down to you being angry mate :gent:

Grimario
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
There is little wrong with pushing fullbacks up the park if you maintain possession which we didn't players fault not coaches. There is also little wrong with this method if the centre mids drop in to cover like they should be Players fault not coaches.

Shit, glad you spotted this. Would not have realised that our midfielders were complete and utter shit for 22 out of 24 games of football if you hadn't pointed it out.

Ever thought that if the same players do the same thing for 22 ****ing games with ZERO change that it might have something to do with the inept ****wit at the helm?

Pico
04-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Why not just raise your issues with the man himself......

Live Chat with Gary van Egmond

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00062187-leadimage.jpg
Live Chat with Gary van Egmond

Coach Gary van Egmond will take your questions on Tuesday morning between 10am - 11am in a LIVE CHAT.

Set yourself a reminder and log in to ask the coach any question you have.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Live-Chat-with-Gary-van-Egmond/62187

04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Why not just raise your issues with the man himself......

Meh.... they'll just vet out the online questions that Gary doesn't want asked or want to answer. I've done enough webcast corporate result presentations online and they do the same tactic where by the vet out the tricky questions they don't or won't weant to answer.......... Ooooh long time lurker too but my first post.

Grimario
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Must be tough lurking on here with so much hate for you, Sam :gent:

04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Actually I just ahve a bit more time these days to get involved and throw my 2 cents. I don't think GVE has brought anything new with him from hi time @ Institute of Sport and with access to FFA resources, ie Pim / Holger etc, so I kind of expected something better this season with his team that he built. Look at what Poppa has done with WSW and half of that team is made of ex Jets and the table don't lie! IMHO GVE will be eventually shown up in much the same way as Fergie over at Perth and Ricki at the Nix have been. Anyway I haven't had the time to lurk on the threads yet.... stay tuned :popcorn:

plague
04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Get some new boots ay Sammy.

04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
.... with steel caps.......

Thomas477
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Actually I just ahve a bit more time these days to get involved and throw my 2 cents. I don't think GVE has brought anything new with him from hi time @ Institute of Sport and with access to FFA resources, ie Pim / Holger etc, so I kind of expected something better this season with his team that he built. Look at what Poppa has done with WSW and half of that team is made of ex Jets and the table don't lie! IMHO GVE will be eventually shown up in much the same way as Fergie over at Perth and Ricki at the Nix have been. Anyway I haven't had the time to lurk on the threads yet.... stay tuned :popcorn:

Sorry to disagree with your second post but the comment about WSW and jets players is crap.

Covic - left on his own free will 4 years ago
Elrich - reserve/bench player at WSW
Topor - been playing well, but was honking his last season with us
Da Puzz - left the game entirely, then came back
Bridge - went to Sydney because he wanted to, did nothing for 3-4 years then has pulled his finger out
Haliti - bench player at WSW

So by my count, that's 1 player has played well this year, as opposed to crap last year. Plus Covic, who him leaving wasnt our fault. The rest are bench or reserves. So that's hardly half the team.....

boz-monaut
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
I think the point is that Popa gets the best out of these players and is topping the league, whereas GVE benched them

the excuse bullshit about having to fly internationally for a midweek game is similar

we played Friday, Wednesday and Sunday games, compare and contrast with any team who played in European competitions, did they crap on about how this was some great injustice or did they just ****ing get on with it as professionals? four days gap then three days gap for a three hour flight is more than enough for fit professionals

04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
GVE was hoping that yesterdays game would vindicate all he has preached regarding youth and he would come away looking like the cat that swollowed the mice. Sadly and predictably once again GVE proved he is a useless twat and more importantly he suffered a severe case of egg on the eggs face.

Sad reality is if they decided to punt GVE we probably do not have the dough to get another coach in so a re arranging of the deck chairs would take place and possibly Deans in FFS, scarey shit that thought.

MFKS
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I think the point is that Popa gets the best out of these players and is topping the league, whereas GVE benched them

the excuse bullshit about having to fly internationally for a midweek game is similar

we played Friday, Wednesday and Sunday games, compare and contrast with any team who played in European competitions, did they crap on about how this was some great injustice or did they just ****ing get on with it as professionals? four days gap then three days gap for a three hour flight is more than enough for fit professionals

That's all good and well harping on about they do in Europe Boz but this ain't Europe. Every other team in the HAL will struggle playing weekend midweek and weekend. This is Australia and the blokes ain't use to doing it so don't spin no they do it in Europe crap as being relevant. European pros do that every week every year year after year. Just because it is rare event here doesn't mean we are able to deal with the pre game build up post game let down and pre game build ups at rapid fire rate.

Not that I am crying about it but Gypos preparation for the top of the table clash V Wallys is compromised by the ACL and they are behind the eight ball where Wallys had a whole week to FOCUS on Gypos. We had a midweek game in Wellington and then a short turn around to play Sunday in Melbourne against a team who had all week to prepare to play us whilst we spent most of the week focusing on Wellington and not turning our attention to Victory until Wednesday night after the Nix game finished. Hell I would love Perth to be playing tomorrow night and then flying on to play us Friday. Would be a great leg up to get advantages like that

plague
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
So you're saying that GVE needed more than 3 days to realise that someone should mark Rojas?
Or that he needed more than 3 days to plan for a team he's already played twice this year?
He could have had 9 months and still come up with the same bollocks.

plague
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Also Member have you already forgotten Week 1?
Oh yeah Adelaide will be buggered from playing O/S etc etc and they came out and clowned us.
GVE had 6 months to prepare for that one and still came up with squat.

Thomas477
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM

The only player Popa has got the best out of is Topor, and I think we all realised that if you put him next to someone who tells him what to do (Ljubo and Beachump) he plays well. The others aren't performing any better at WSW then they did here. Hell, the people's favourite, Takka, isn't even getting any game time there, but GvE was wrong to let him go. Credit to Popa though for making Bridge pull his finger out.

As for the midweek games, squads in Europe would generally have more than 23 available first squad players. When you consider that 4 of those are youth spots, that's 19 spots available and with our salary cap, having those spots filled with quality is hard, unless you're SFC. So playing midweek would take a strain on the squad (eg Gallaway/#13 and Zenon).

MFKS
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
No Plague what I am saying is that a bunch of 19-20 year old kids most of them in their first season of professional level football where they are expected to hold down a spot every week ain't up to developing a sharp degree of focus and doing a short preparation between games and getting it right everytime.

Ususally this is the domain of a seasoned bunch of professionals to be able to put in performances week in week out in these circumstances. But you and plenty of other people expect that from a bunch of 19-20 year olds as a mandatory when they have shown nothing to warrant any faith in that they are masters of this game yet

Hence why most of the blokes weren't focused properly judging by their shoddy efforts at representing the city of Newy yesterday.

They will bounce back this Friday let go of the hate and relax.

plague
04-03-2013, 07:55 PM
But you and plenty of other people expect that from a bunch of 19-20 year olds as a mandatory when they have shown nothing to warrant any faith in that they are masters of this game yet.

Nah, I just expect our coach and CEO to put together a squad of players capable of dealing with this sort of thing and not resort to bullshit excuses and then blaming those same players when we get spanked.

Sick of excuses 'tis all.

hawk
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
neville out 1st

04-03-2013, 08:01 PM
^ Mitchell then Neville

MFKS
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Nah, I just expect our coach and CEO to put together a squad of players capable of dealing with this sort of thing and not resort to bullshit excuses and then blaming those same players when we get spanked.

This is Newy mate Excuses is all we have got!!!

Gotta roll with the punches a bit more. We spend so much time on the foz knocking these blokes for their incompetence and weaknesses so why are we devastated when they live up to the incompetence and weaknesses??

It's all most a self fulfilling prophecy

MFKS
04-03-2013, 08:10 PM
neville out 1st

I went over and watched the Yoof team play Roar in the NYL last week what was it that Neville done that warranted a return to the HAL side coz I must have missed it?? The back pass that he hit short after 45 seconds that left BK high and dry and played in James Meyer was definitely not worthy of a first team recall and I thought would mean that would be the last we would see of him this season

Thomas477
04-03-2013, 08:19 PM

And there is a major problem in the club, if its true. The CEO should have nothing to do with the football department.

MFKS
04-03-2013, 08:24 PM
And there is a major problem in the club, if its true. The CEO should have nothing to do with the football department.

Bang on the money Thomas.

Palmer/Tinks will be the one to fire GVE anyway not Middleby even if it pans out that Middleby is the messenger. The decision will have **** all to do with him at the end of the day

northern_swan
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Getting back to the live chat thing, I think it's rather tokenistic, as most people will be at work and won't have the opportunity to participate at 10am. Would have been interesting if it started at say 730pm, though as #13 said, the most interesting questions won't see the light of day...

q-money
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
sif do any actual work at work

Grimario
04-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Getting back to the live chat thing, I think it's rather tokenistic, as most people will be at work and won't have the opportunity to participate at 10am. Would have been interesting if it started at say 730pm, though as #13 said, the most interesting questions won't see the light of day...

I will bludge at work tomorrow so I can read this. Anyone want to post questions for me to put up, am happy to do so.

seldom
05-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Dear Gaz,does it really matter how high your defensive line is when there's only 2 in it...Thanks AP

Blackmac79
05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Who should we get in instead?

Honestly there are not that many options and most of them suck worse than GVE.

MFKS
05-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I will bludge at work tomorrow so I can read this. Anyone want to post questions for me to put up, am happy to do so.

Got a couple of Questions for GVE Grimario.

Kale Bradbery has been banging goals in for the Jets youth team in both the NBN League and NYL. Bloke obviously has a gift at finishing chances and is showing he can do it as he steps up the levels. What does GVE think are Kales strengths and what does he need to work on to get the opportunity at HAL level that he hasn't had yet??

With the playing style we play why does the HAL side so infrequently try to play blokes moving forward in an attempt to beat the offside trap and set up one one ones with the keeper yet the Youth team seems to be more interested in this method of attack?? With Taggart Virgili and even Heskey we do have some pace up front to exploit.
During the recent game V Heart we got Heskey and Ryan Griffiths one on one with the keeper and got two goals. This would be a rare example of this occuring at HAL level. Wouldn't having the in behind threat also cause teams to sit deeper and give our mids and defenders a bit more space to play out and to avoid being caught dwelling on the ball as is too often the case ??

When we play away matches why is the playing style not altered slightly to force our opponent to take the initiative. A few games this season we have been trying to dominate from the first minute and have been successfully countered and are immeadiately behind in the game playing catch up. Why are we not showing our opponent a bit more respect on their home field and keeping it tight for the first 15-20 mins and working into the game to force them into a position where they have to come at us and open the game up a bit more for our passing game instead of trying to force our game plan onto the game without earning it??? A draw in an away match isn't the worst outcome.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Where is the "Does my tongue feel good?" question, Member? :gent:

Will ask away at 10am. Anyone else has questions and can't get on, post away.

05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
If Grimario asks the last part for sure he will be sent to do laps.

MFKS
05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Where is the "Does my tongue feel good?" question, Member? :gent:

Will ask away at 10am. Anyone else has questions and can't get on, post away.

Toungue feel good?? FFS Been over this before I just plain well don't hate on the bloke like some of the others here wanting to feel vindicated by a loss/poor form.

Bloke has issues no doubt about it but I actually want him to suceed coz if he does my ****ing team does and starting again with a new manager will get us nowhere except closer to the Joke that is Sydney FC.

northern_swan
05-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Who should we get in instead?

Honestly there are not that many options and most of them suck worse than GVE.

Ernie Merrick???

05-03-2013, 10:06 AM
With such a young squad i say we get Miss Kim !!!!!.

After some video reviews she can read to them some little golden books.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Toungue feel good?? FFS Been over this before I just plain well don't hate on the bloke like some of the others here wanting to feel vindicated by a loss/poor form.

Bloke has issues no doubt about it but I actually want him to suceed coz if he does my ****ing team does and starting again with a new manager will get us nowhere except closer to the Joke that is Sydney FC.

Aww mate, I didn't expect you to bite on such an obvious attempt :(

I don't want him to fail either... I just want him to take some responsibility for it when he does. I want him to deliver on his promises and not just spew out some verbal diarrhoea that sounds good. I want him to play his best eleven when they are all fit... and the biggest point on that for me is that I don't think he even knows what his best eleven is! I want him to recruit players and actually play them... if Bernardo isn't good enough then why recruit him in the first place? Waste of a Foreign spot.

My concern isn't that I want him to fail just that I don't think he is the one to bring us success.

And regarding the whole starting again thing... if GVE is as awful a man manager as he appears, is tactically naive as he appears and is constantly blaming his players for everything that ever goes wrong, why on earth would you want to build a dynasty around the bloke? That won't get the best out of anyone.

plague
05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Blokes had near 2 years of interviews, statements, press conferences as well as on field results and we are now meant to believe he's not going to give us the same rhetoric today?

Will be the usual horseshit from the bloke from the comfort of a heavily edited internetz forum.

**** that guy, ill be playing Tetris.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Will update this as more questions get asked. Member, have asked your three. seldom, have jokingly asked your question from "AP", changed slightly.

Do you think your job is under threat given shit result on the weekend and this enforced chat malarkey?
Gary van Egmond: No, not at all. I'm the one who picks the team, in conjunction with the other coaching staff. I think we need to have a good look at the table and see we're still in the top six and confident of securing a finals spot. I'm more than happy to take questions and hear fan feedback.
Fozzie said on TWG that high line/FB's isn't the problem it's that your players aren't up to playing a possession style game and turnovers costly.
Gary van Egmond: We had more than 100 passes than Melbourne on the weekend, despite playing with 10 men for 30 minutes. The issue for us is what we do with that extra possession and ensuring that our defensive positioning and understanding must get better.
What effect do you think the above points have made on the kids morale?
Gary van Egmond: Time will tell. You can always learn something from every experience and it will be interesting to see the response not only from the less-experienced players to the more experienced players this Friday. We will ensure that we will take a lot of positives from the last week.
Are the front men ever going to be allowed to play or will the back 4 and keeper going to continue the tactics of passing between themselves??
Gary van Egmond: The most important place to keep possession is in the opposition half. This starts by keeping possession in a controlled half in your own half firstly and ensuring that this transitions into the front half. As you saw against Wellington, this worked very well and even against Melbourne this worked well, but unfortunately the front third was not as effective as what it was in Wellington
Could have used Victory game to get well clear of 6th. Please explain.
Gary van Egmond: Unfortunately we lost the game against Melbourne, but it was not something that we wanted to occur. If we look at the two away games and the short turnarounds, if we were to come away with a point from each game we would have actually returned to Newcastle with only two points as opposed to three. We now look forward to having two of our remaining three games at home.
Herald reported you said we will bring in experienced players next year. How do you think that affects the kids morale?
Gary van Egmond: We've lost three experienced players and we need to replace them. We have plenty of faith and confidence in the young players that are in our squad.
Are the reports correct that Emile is out of Friday's game after a training mishap?
Gary van Egmond: Unfortunately Emile has suffered a fatigue injury and won't be playing in Friday's game. Scans today will reveal more.
MEMBER QUESTION NUMBER 3!!!!!!
Gary van Egmond: We definitely looked at that against both Wellington and the Victory. As you can see from the Victory game, both of their wide players don't track our fullbacks and stay high, which we knew they would. It's then the midfielders and centre-backs' responsibility to ensure our rest defence is fine. Our transition from ball possession to the opposition having the ball lacked in the game against the Victory.
Frustration due to shit team selection. Do you plan on going back to the successful team of previous weeks?
Gary van Egmond: It's a balancing act due to our midweek game against Wellington. Injuries and suspension will result in some forced changes like always, but as you can see, the team as not changed a great deal of late.
Why sign Bernardo and not use him?
Gary van Egmond: I feel we have better options in that position.
Hi Gary, how do you feel this season is going and do you think Heskey will play a big role to make a big push or will it be a big team effort?
Gary van Egmond: He's been tremendous for us this year and we're disappointed with the latest injury setback. We'll know later in the week how quickly we'll be able to have him back.
whats the situation with Harry Kewell ?
Gary van Egmond: We are exploring all options and looking into Harry's situation for next year.
You have often claimed higher pass numbers and possession as proof of your methods working. At what point do you have to admit defeat when 200+ passes are between the centre backs and goal keeper alone and that the majority of possession is in the defensive third? To put it bluntly, when will your team start walking the walk that you so eloquently talk? :lulz:
Gary van Egmond: You're right in saying that to have extra possession is worhtless if you don't do anything with that extra possession. The task for the teams is how you then capitalise on that extra possession by building better attacks in that front third. That's where we will improve in that area.
how do you feel knowing that there are a bunch of members out there cutting up their membership cards all because of your inept ability to coach and run a football team?
Gary van Egmond: I am happy for you to come out to training and talk football with me.
Yes we have a lot of possession but that is when the opposition are happy to sit back and let our back 4 (5 if you count the keeper) pass to each other. It just seems we dont have the players who can get the ball forward and then be able to control it an move on. It is very frustrating not seeing any real penetration into the front third.
Gary van Egmond: I agree. That is what we will ensure that we get right.
Gary, what are your plans recruitment wise, are you wanting Harry Kewell signed and should we be resigning Heskey considering your playing philosophy?
Gary van Egmond: We've made an offer to Emile and exploring our options with Harry for next season
Heskey out for Friday, who will play?
Gary van Egmond: Adam Taggart and Michael Bridges are both options in the number nine role.
BK has been on the sidelines for most of the year, Birra is reported to be looking overseas. Are you looking at the current crop of keepers coming through and who would you be looking at?
Gary van Egmond: Ben Kennedy is a very good keeper and we're lucky to have him and Mark as our GKs this year. we also have Jack Duncan coming through who is the Young Socceroos GK and we will make a decision if Mark gets an opportunity to go overseas.
100% Newcastle: Hi Gary, I believe true supporters stand behind the team,coaching staff and management through good times and tough times. Good Luck to you and the Boys for the remaining few games. Go Newcastle Jets
Gary van Egmond: Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you at Friday's game.
can you give us an idea of the plaers you are looking to bring into the squad?
Gary van Egmond: Mostly players in the front third.
Daniel Ireland has returned to Newcastle from Coventry City and will be playing this season in the Northern NSW state league, will you be monitoring his performance for consideration towards next year?
Gary van Egmond: We monitor all players in the NBN State League.
Gary, when can we expect you to start taking some of the responsibility for our side's poor performance? You've had ample time with the club and what we're seeing is quite frankly not good enough.
Gary van Egmond: I take responsibility for the good and the bad. Sometimes it's reported differently in the media when I explain what has occurred with a good result or a bad result. I wouldn't be here answering your questions if I wasn't taking responsibility for our results and performance. :fap: utter wanker. Doesn't he realise that the post match interviews aren't written down, they are shown for all to see?
Hi Dutchy,my issue with the weekend game was resting players. These players are professional players just like professional players all around the world they should be available to play, if fit, when the club needs them. This was only the second game in a week what is the excuse going to be on Friday?
Gary van Egmond: Four games in 14 days, plus travel will be a big ask for any professional footballer, which is exactly why we were so unhappy with the change to our game against Wellington
Out of the players you have brought in, which players do you believe still need to step up to the plate a little?
Gary van Egmond: I think all players can keep improving. I think we could possibly have up to six players going to the U20 World Cup with the Young Socceroos, this will also help with their development, combined with regular games in the A-League. The challenge for us is to monitor the ups and downs and when and when not to play them or rest them.
Hey Gary do you see Bridges as a 90 minute player for the rest of the year judged on his recent performances,what position do you see as Goodwins best for his future prospects and what chance do you give of getting Kewell to newcastle next year?
Gary van Egmond: Bridgey has done very well of late and with the fact that he has not had as much game time earlier in the season as now, he's still working towards playing 90 minutes. Interesting question in regards to Craig. He's very effective going forward, but still needs to work on his defensive qualities. These are improving all the time.
Do u except any responsibility for the huge loss against MV?
Gary van Egmond: I accept responsibility for all of our performances, good or bad.

militiamon
05-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Piss weak answer about Ribeiro tbh. He signed the guy, talked him up, and now says we have better options, even though they're the same options we had before we signed him.

BodyNovo
05-03-2013, 11:24 AM
see how when the hard questions get asked i.e about ribz, he answers with a short closed answer.

BodyNovo
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
also whoever is letting the questions through today must be on his first day:

upsetmember:
how do you feel knowing that there are a bunch of members out there cutting up their membership cards all because of your inept ability to coach and run a football team?

Gary van Egmond:
I am happy for you to come out to training and talk football with me.

militiamon
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
lol, this session is starting to get rougher than the last one with Middleby and Palmer. He's definitely fuming at some of the questions.

05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
also whoever is letting the questions through today must be on his first day:

upsetmember:

Gary van Egmond:
I am happy for you to come out to training and talk football with me.

Upsetmember will be doing laps for the rest of his/her natural life.

militiamon
05-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Has anyone been uploading images to him? :rof:

NUGUNS
05-03-2013, 11:37 AM
They didn't answer my question about no full strength beer :(

Round ball:
Do u except any responsibility for the huge loss against MV?

That grammar hurts my head.......

plague
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Wait? Is this really GVE answering?
I thought it was Grimario taking the piss?
"come to training and talk football with me"
Seriously? What a ****ing tosser.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Two parter, ran out of space!

The defeat and performance versus Victory was disappointing in the extreme. I accept that four games in ten days, associated travel and late illnesses depleted the squad. I also support giving the young guys a go. However, the lack of depth and experience in the squad was exposed. It raises for me a longstanding question about the wisdom of the strategy of releasing players like Nikolai Topor Stanley and Jeremy Brockie. My question is has the Club got it right over the last couple of years in terms of releasing good, experienced players and the extent of turnover of players?
Gary van Egmond: Nikolai has had a great season with the Wanderers, and sometimes a change is what ignites a players career. Just like Zenon Caravella has done in coming here. We wanted to keep Jeremy however we couldn't afford what he was asking. We will look to recruit over the off season and replace the experience we have lost.
How do you respond to reports on the weekend by Barry Toohey in the Telegraph that Ryan's departure was more to do with your relationship with him than the money on offer from China
Gary van Egmond: Ryan has spoken with the club for the last year about taking an opportunity in China to secure his financial future. He wanted to ensure his last year of his contract at the Jets stayed intact, even though he was to miss six games plus the possibility of finals at this crucial point of the year and play a whole season in Asia and miss five game at the beginning of next years competition, without a break and still maintain the Australian marquee status, of which a lot of responsibility comes with. This culture is not what we want at the Newcastle Jets.
What are the chances of Caravella and Gallaway returning friday night?
Gary van Egmond: Zenon is still another week away and Sam is a 50/50 chance of returning.
So is the rumours or biri's going abroad true?
Gary van Egmond: With strong European and Asian markets, all quality players will be monitored by big Clubs.
other clubs 5 foreign players are all key players in the teams starting eleven. besides Emile & Ritter none of the other foreign spots have held down a starting spot throughout the season. will we be utilizing our foreign quota to more effect next season?
Gary van Egmond: Yes
What are your thoughts on Harry coming to the club , is it true Michael bridges is a key influence for him coming
Gary van Egmond: Obviously Bridgey has a relationship with Harry due to their time together at Leeds and he has always been a good advocate for the club.
Do you feel that the members and supporters just need to keep the faith and believe in you and your staff?
Gary van Egmond: Members and supporters are important to the Club and entitled to their opinion. I think the players feed off the support they get from our fans, and it is important for their confidence. That is why this Friday night is so important to get a big supportive crowd to act like our 12th man.
Do u think we still have a chance of making the play off' Garry
Gary van Egmond: Yes
It was sad to see Ryan Griffiths leave the Jets to ply his trade overseas, and I wish him all the best for his career. With his leaving, does this mean that Adam Taggart will be filling in the CAM/LW positions more regularly?
Gary van Egmond: Tags is still developing and is showing good signs in that left-side role.
Gary - thanks for making yourself available for taking questions from meembers and fans like this - a really good thing to do.Do other coaches do this?
Gary van Egmond: Not sure about other coaches, but it's great to be able to take all of your questions.
Do you feel you still have the dressing room or have you lost the support of the players?
Gary van Egmond: I know I have the support of the players
What's the point in recruiting for the front third when your problems are clearly in transition? Is your recruitment strategy just to clone Heskey so you can hoof it long while talking up a possession game? :gent:
Gary van Egmond: With the recruitment of Caravella, the returrn of Kantarovski and obviously with the players that we have now, adding two or three extras in that front third will make a big difference to the way in which we can keep possession and create opportunities in that front third.
Hi Gary, Firstly, id like to say that i dont necessarily think that your to blame for the Victory game, we lost a lot of players, and it was a very short turn around and people seem to forget the FFA screwed us with this game in wellington as a midweek game. My question is also about the playing style. I personally like the style of keeping a lot of possession, but it feels to me as if we dont have the players to do it. We have a young back line, and a young team in general, and it seems as if we just don't have the experience to play around with it at the back. Given that we have conceded a lot of goals from errors in our passing what plans do we have to remedy this. The only options i see are changing from this style, or bringing in some more experience at the back or midfield. If we can create better opportunities then i would love to see this style continue, but we just dont have the players to do that, and inevitably the ball gets passed further and further back, then hoofed up the field on a low percentage ball. Curious to hear your opinion on this.
Gary van Egmond: It's an ongoing process in the development for not only the younger players, but the older players as well to improve them in this playing style.
You said you are looking for mostly players in the front third for next year. Why the front third and not defense? when you consider we have the third worst goal difference in the league this year
Gary van Egmond: I did say mostly.
I have read a number of anonymous supporters claiming that players are disgruntled with the way the team is being managed, yet the players come out in the media and state the opposite. What is your opinion on the feel within the camp? Is there any visible disharmoney in the playing squad?
Gary van Egmond: Not at all. You've answered the underlying issue of why people outside the team can have this opinion formed by certain parts of the media. Disgruntled ex-employees or people with an agenda against the club will be opinionated and try to form the opinions of others.
just letting you know that for every negative fan there are ten more who back you all the way. Carry on with the great football! Joga Bonito! ~~ Dutchy's Golden Army ~~
Gary van Egmond: Appreciate the support. Our vision and philosophy is to play an exciting brand of football that enables us to control the football game. We will not deviate from this and we will envisage to keep getting better through training hard, personal development and recruitment.

militiamon
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm still waiting for a response on q-man's question about whether GVE would rather be a potato or a sausage.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Wait? Is this really GVE answering?
I thought it was Grimario taking the piss?
"come to training and talk football with me"
Seriously? What a ****ing tosser.

Nah, not taking the piss. Legit answers copied straight from live chat. Have changed some of the questions because a few get crazy in length and others have half a page of brown nosing before an easy question.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm still waiting for a response on q-man's question about whether GVE would rather be a potato or a sausage.

I'm waiting for a response on the huge question just posed regards Tooheys report.

militiamon
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm waiting for a response on the huge question just posed regards Tooheys report.

And a very interesting response it was.

So Ryan wanted to stay with the club but go on loan in China for a season, GVE didn't like that, so Ryan left completely?

Edit: I can see GVE's reasoning, but I'm sure there will be many who disagree.

05-03-2013, 11:49 AM
^ Thank u

Grimario
05-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry Member, looks like only one of yours got answered :(

05-03-2013, 11:58 AM

So Ryan wanted to stay with the club but go on loan in China for a season, GVE didn't like that, so Ryan left completely?

I agree with you for a change MM, but why the hell was this not out in the open when it first came to light Griff was flying the coup. Its the secret society tactics at HSG that shits most people and would have put this whole Griff drama to bed pretty quickly.

Jeterpool
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
To be fair, good on Gary coming out and facing the questions.

And cheers Grimario for copying the questions and responses!

Grimario
05-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Three parter

If there is no room for sentimentality in sport, why did the Jets release Ryan Griffiths on a free transfer considering he was still contracted?
Gary van Egmond: No there isn't, but to have a player remain at the club that would be upset and disgruntled at having been denied the opportunity to secure his family's future would have in no way been beneficial to the club.

Gary van Egmond: That's all we have time for. I want to that all the Members and supporters for their input and questions. Apologies again for not being able to get to all of them.

I look forward to seeing you all at Hunter Stadium on Friday night to support the team and be our 12th man.

Thanks again,

Gary.

Bah, third part wasn't really required.

Didn't answer two of the Members questions.
Didn't answer my question about active support or one about responsibility of player recruitment and who is to "blame" for signing players that he deems not good enough like Bernardo.

Grimario
05-03-2013, 12:10 PM
And cheers Grimario for copying the questions and responses!

I do what I do because I want everyone to come and play disc golf :lulzturtle:

Jeterpool
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I do what I do because I want everyone to come and play disc golf :lulzturtle:

Ha ha I reckon I've probably run past you guys of an arvo - always see people down at Jesmond Park course!

northern_swan
05-03-2013, 12:48 PM

I agree with the egg on this one. His brother did the same thing, and we all know how that turned out...

q-money
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
to be honest i was expecting something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzGM99ZIMQ

Grimario
05-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Ha ha I reckon I've probably run past you guys of an arvo - always see people down at Jesmond Park course!
Then stop by one time and have a throw. There can't be too many Grimario's in a group of disc golfers...

Back on topic, GVE out.

Remembered what my other question was... I asked something along the lines of "Given RM's recent comment about finals football being the clubs goal for this season, would missing out on the top 6 be considered a failure? If that happened, would you consider your future with the club or would you work with the coaching staff to identify where it had gone wrong and fix it before next season"?

militiamon
05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Dutchy's Golden Army

plague
05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I think GVE has made it clear that the failures of the club this year are because the players not good enough and don't follow his instructions.
Blame the players not him.

GVE in.

The Dunster
05-03-2013, 01:54 PM
GVE - taking on the big questions. like a seasoned pro
GVE in.

Jetmaster
05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
If that was the case with Ryan then I agree with GVE, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

He would remember when Joel went to Japan with GVE's blessing , got injured then came back and worked on getting a gig in China.

Playing 12-15 months straight is lunacy, no matter what the money is.

Note - that is if this is true...

MFKS
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Sorry Member, looks like only one of yours got answered :(

Thanks Grimario for asking. Shame Jets picked that question to answer I didn't really need to hear Eggs response to it coz I knew what it would be.

Would have loved to him answer my question on Kale. Would have been priceless to hear if he had of critiqued the weaknesses of a yoof team player on an internet Q and A to a nobody from Joe Public's question.

Would be much better holding this shit when we haven't had a 5-0 loss 2 days earlier. Decent questions can be asked and good discussion points missed when the masses of insanity email in

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks Grimario for asking. Shame Jets picked that question to answer I didn't really need to hear Eggs response to it coz I knew what it would be.

Would have loved to him answer my question on Kale. Would have been priceless to hear if he had of critiqued the weaknesses of a yoof team player on an internet Q and A to a nobody from Joe Public's question.

Would be much better holding this shit when we haven't had a 5-0 loss 2 days earlier. Decent questions can be asked and good discussion points missed when the masses of insanity email in

Probably didn't answer the Kale question because he had to go research who he was! Not among his favourite children.

Pico
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Probably didn't answer the Kale question because he had to go research who he was! Not among his favourite children.

The Favourite children who don't listen to him, by his own admission, or are they all not "his players" still.

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Think GVE needs to put his kids in the naughty corner.

stopper2
05-03-2013, 11:38 PM
It's been well documented in the last month or so that GVE prefers to have his CB pairing as one left-sided player i.e Mitchell or Ritter and one right-sided player i.e Chapman or Regan. I am baffled as to why he perseveres with playing Goodwin (a natural left-sided player) on the right!!! Goodwin is most effective when he plays wide on the left where he has space to use his skill and speed rather than cutting in from the right into cul-de-sacs.

seldom
06-03-2013, 02:51 AM
It's been well documented in the last month or so that GVE prefers to have his CB pairing as one left-sided player i.e Mitchell or Ritter and one right-sided player i.e Chapman or Regan. I am baffled as to why he perseveres with playing Goodwin (a natural left-sided player) on the right!!! Goodwin is most effective when he plays wide on the left where he has space to use his skill and speed rather than cutting in from the right into cul-de-sacs.

Agree.To me its alright for your left and right flank players to interchange every now and then...maybe if the left sider takes an inswinging corner on the opposite side he remains on that side for maybe 1 or 2 plays so as to not lose shape.But to start this way and persevere with it all game tends to become pretty predictable.

la bazzle
06-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Damn missed this.... Needed to know when Jonny griff was getting signed

Porett
08-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Fuxxing hell, thanks for the championship gaz, but it's time for us to move on.

Okon in.

militiamon
09-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Hasn't Okon been thoroughly rubbished as a coach on the internet for yonks?

My top 3 would be:

1. Papas
2. Merrick
3. Milicic

But the club's top 3 is probably:

1. Deans
2. Deans
3. Deans

MFKS
09-03-2013, 12:24 AM

My top 3 would be:

1. Papas
2. Merrick
3. Milicic

1. Deans
2. Deans
3. Deans

Don't have a problem with options 1-3. As for Merrick I am sick to death of the recycling of coaches in the HAL. New blood in Popovic and Aloisi this year have shown they can cut it when given a chance. Why do we need to keep giving blokes go after go after go.

Culina Kosmina Farina Miron have all had a couple of goes and achieved nothing yet they are still getting gigs

Porett
09-03-2013, 12:26 AM

My top 3 would be:

1. Papas
2. Merrick
3. Milicic

1. Deans
2. Deans
3. Deans

Not on my internet !

Pappas, sure why not.
Merick. Ugly football with a hit and miss record.
Milicic so long as we don't have to pay brisbane to take him away again.

militiamon
09-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Sticking to my word:

Gary Out.

(maybe)

pv4
09-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Sticking to my word:

Gary Out.

(maybe)

no maybes haha!!

welcome to the dark side

militiamon
09-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Don't have a problem with options 1-3. As for Merrick I am sick to death of the recycling of coaches in the HAL. New blood in Popovic and Aloisi this year have shown they can cut it when given a chance. Why do we need to keep giving blokes go after go after go.

Culina Kosmina Farina Miron have all had a couple of goes and achieved nothing yet they are still getting gigs

Understand what you mean about the recycling of coaches, but how many of the others have won 2 championships and 2 premierships? Merrick is still the most successful coach in the league's history. And Melbourne definitely set the standard for attractive football before Ange came along.

Edit: But we've had this debate before, so no point getting into it too much. I would prefer Papas to Merrick anyway.

pudy
09-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Regardless of the extent to which we think GVE is to blame for our lack of success, I think the club just needs a fresh face and an injection of new energy at the helm. GVE will always hold a place in the hearts and minds of Jets supporters (even those calling for his head now I suspect), but regardless of whether we make the finals from this point, I think it is time for him to move on.

q-money
09-03-2013, 12:45 AM
merrick is the one - will organise this young rabble into a winning machine

seldom
09-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Not a GVE fan but not sure you can blame tonights loss on him.Perth played a very defensive game and really if we took our chances we would of won.Don't think there was much wrong with our system just lacked the finishing touch.Thought Goody and Rubes were great and we missed Heskey.I might be an old cvnt but I could of played CB for us today...Smeltz by his lonesome watching the passing grid between our defenders

Porett
09-03-2013, 12:51 AM
merrick is the one - will organise this young rabble into a winning machine

surly we can aspire to a manager better than this.

militiamon
09-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Yeah, surely there is a better manager than the guy who has won the most championships and premierships, come on.

Porett
09-03-2013, 12:55 AM
I am sure there are plenty of guys floating around the scottish third division that could give you merrick style football.

seldom
09-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I would prefer Papas to Merrick anyway.

Interested to know why you rate Papas as an A league coach...not having a shot but have you experienced his coaching 1st hand,watched his sessions or have just been caught up in the hype ? ...wasn't he under GVE at the AIS ?

hawk
09-03-2013, 01:12 AM
and really if we took our chances we would of won.

convincingly, and noone would have had to worry about an inquisition... but it didnt happen thus everyone out threads.

So at this point, dry martinis in even though they taste like pss.

seldom
09-03-2013, 01:15 AM
dry martinis > mid strength

howardyou
09-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Not a GVE fan but not sure you can blame tonights loss on him.Perth played a very defensive game and really if we took our chances we would of won.Don't think there was much wrong with our system just lacked the finishing touch.Thought Goody and Rubes were great and we missed Heskey.I might be an old cvnt but I could of played CB for us today...Smeltz by his lonesome watching the passing grid between our defenders

Agreed. But i still love Chapman. Future Socceroos Captain. 18yo. Not bad.

seldom
09-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Agreed. But i still love Chapman. Future Socceroos Captain. 18yo. Not bad.

yeah he's composed...also quicker than I 1st thought

militiamon
09-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Interested to know why you rate Papas as an A league coach...not having a shot but have you experienced his coaching 1st hand,watched his sessions or have just been caught up in the hype ? ...wasn't he under GVE at the AIS ?

Fair question.

On the one hand you have people like MFKS saying that we shouldn't be recycling old A-League coaches. On the other hand there's questions like this about the new crop of coaches who are hyped to no end by the media but have little to no actual coaching experience at this level.

The answer is never clear imo. A lot of the time in football you just have to take a punt. You find this not just with coaches, but also international players and goalkeepers especially. For example, why did so many people rate Birighitti before he came here? He'd played less than 5 professional football games, and how many of those had these people actually seen? In that case the hype has been justified, and that is not particularly unusual.

When it comes to new coaches, people have pointed out the success of Popovic this season, but you could have asked the same question about him before the season started (and I actually did myself). He had no high-level experience as a manager, the only experience he had was assistant at Sydney and then a 'coach' (not even assistant) at Crystal Palace. After what he has achieved this season, people have hailed him as a genius (personally I will wait and see, clearly he is an effective manager, but WSW are far less emphatic than Brisbane were under Ange).

So for Popovic the hype was also justified, but what about John Aloisi? He was given similar fanfare at the start of the season by the football 'fraternity', but his performance has been largely underwhelming in comparison. Go on the Melbourne Heart forum and you will find a similar thread to this one demanding that he be sacked as well.

Anyway this post is already too long for my liking and I haven't even gotten on to why I would like Papas as a coach, but to summarise:

In football you have to take chances and make decisions based on hype sometimes. I see Papas as being a manager who could carry on with the work Gary has started here, but do it in a more effective manner. This is based on his results in the VPL, his experience at the AIS, how players mentioned him more than Gary, his recruitment for us in the pre-season, and public comments from him on footballing matters which show him to be a pretty sharp guy.

sh10
09-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Can't believe GVE fluffed all those chances in front of goal tonight, ffs gaz where are your shooting boots

BodyNovo
09-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Sticking to my word:

Gary Out.

(maybe)

Correct

Legend

seldom
09-03-2013, 01:46 AM
In football you have to take chances and make decisions based on hype sometimes. I see Papas as being a manager who could carry on with the work Gary has started here, but do it in a more effective manner. This is based on his results in the VPL, his experience at the AIS, how players mentioned him more than Gary, his recruitment for us in the pre-season, and public comments from him on footballing matters which show him to be a pretty sharp guy.

ok fair enough...Jets really need to employ a coach who yeah has the tactical knowhow but very importantly has great man management skills...who this is at A league level I don't fvckn know but really the selection should go through a more stringent process and I dont mean Middleby having a chat over a coffee

09-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Lets just hope Neville and Mitchell have get out clauses in there contracts should GvE not be coaching.

Piss off all three in one hit, how good would that be ?

hawk
09-03-2013, 02:35 AM
Lets just hope Neville and Mitchell have get out clauses in there contracts should GvE not be coaching.

Piss off all three in one hit, how good would that be ?

Bam

hawk
09-03-2013, 02:39 AM

collectively this. but not that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Tommyjet
09-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Couldn't understand why he didn't have the balls to remove Neville, push brilliante to rb, and bring cooper into the midfield to add something extra going forward in that last 20, we needed to win not draw and in the end we got screwed

The Dunster
09-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Yeah, surely there is a better manager than the guy who has won the most championships and premierships, come on.

Merrick had Archie Thompson in his prime and Kevin Muscat on the field to marshall the troops. When Archie became injured and Muscat started to lose touch Merrick had absolutely no solutions.

While I'd prefer him over GVE I'd rather the club moved forward with someone new to the league - preferably with overseas experience.

stopper2
09-03-2013, 10:05 AM
It's glaringly obvious now that getting rid of Topor and not re-signing Brockie were arguably the worst decisions in terms of the playing roster in this clubs history. Two players who were already at the club and reaching their prime years as footballers and we release one and don't re-sign the other because they don't fit in the coach's plans and want too much money (Brockie) or are on too much money (Topor). GVE's failings as a coach are never more evident then the way these two were shown the door and are both now thriving at different clubs. Apart from Rubes we lack players who are in the prime of their careers, we have either youngsters with potential or players nearing the end of their career. Topor and Brockie would have provided that balance this season that we have lacked, plus goals (Brockie) and defensive steel (Topor).

MFKS
09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
It's glaringly obvious now that getting rid of Topor and not re-signing Brockie were arguably the worst decisions in terms of the playing roster in this clubs history. Two players who were already at the club and reaching their prime years as footballers and we release one and don't re-sign the other because they don't fit in the coach's plans and want too much money (Brockie) or are on too much money (Topor). GVE's failings as a coach are never more evident then the way these two were shown the door and are both now thriving at different clubs. Apart from Rubes we lack players who are in the prime of their careers, we have either youngsters with potential or players nearing the end of their career. Topor and Brockie would have provided that balance this season that we have lacked, plus goals (Brockie) and defensive steel (Topor).

Complete Bullshit. We have made far greater **** ups than that. Signing Ante Milicic to a long term deal at his age, Jardel fiasco, Losing the bulk of our championship winning squad within 18 months , our wonderful history of foreigners and NEVER forget our shoddy efforts at resigning Lord Griffo.

We may be missing Topor with some of our defensive issues but we don't miss Brockie anywhere near as much as half the Brockie lovers reckon

Thomas477
09-03-2013, 11:03 AM

So are you saying that we should have payed more than their worth to keep these two players and eat up more of the limited salary cap? Lets remember Brockie's last season, scored 9 goals, then with ~6 games to go says his target is 10. He then disappears off the face of the earth to only reappear when contract negotiations are occurring. If we still had Brockie, Taggart and/or Virigilli would have been lucky to play half the number of games they have and people would be whinging about that.

As for Topor, he was pants last season, but put him in front of a top keeper, next to a bloke who tells hm what to do, with Mooy and Ono infront of him, of course he is going to look good. He was good when we had Ljubo next to him as well.

Can't believe GVE fluffed all those chances in front of goal tonight, ffs gaz where are your shooting boots

:lulz:

Football is us
09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
From memory, Brockie was doing very well last season, but as pointed out above, he was being benched or omitted, hardly a good move by the manager to 'rest' a consistant goal scorer. I think something must have happened between Brockie and Van God that caused the latter to adopt his usual punishment of dropping/benching personalities he doesn't see eye to eye with.

I think Brockie was one of the first to be let go, and I don't recall any press about him asking too much money at the time. It looks to me as though he had a Whierman done on him.

The Dunster
09-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I think Brockie was one of the first to be let go, and I don't recall any press about him asking too much money at the time. It looks to me as though he had a Whierman done on him.

Not at all. Brockie was offered a massive contract in China, Jets refused to let him go and yet made no reasonable offer to compensate Brockie for the chance they denied him.

As you would expect, Brockie felt cheated and left the club. Simple really.

All public knowledge.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/438068/jets-out-to-keep-jeremy-brockie/
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/6499424/Brockie-denied-lucrative-Chinese-contract
http://www.bet365.com/news/en/betting/football/australian-football/brockie-has-asia-on-his-mind

Thomas477
09-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Not at all. Brockie was offered a massive contract in China, Jets refused to let him go and yet made no reasonable offer to compensate Brockie for the chance they denied him.

Why should we have compensated him? The fact is he signed a contract to work for the business and was legally bound to see it out. So what if he was offered more money at another company? I don't see why the Jets should have compensated him for anything given Brockie freely entered a contract that expired in April (?) 2012, for a set wage.

This is part of the reason I'm pissed that Ryan left, he was legally bound to work for the company and he should have seen out that contract, no matter how much they were offering him. I have no issue with a club paying a transfer fee, but its up the club to accept it and if they don't want to lose a player, its their prerogative to do so.

09-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Anyways , anymore candidates people would like to mention ?.

Football is us
09-03-2013, 02:35 PM

All public knowledge.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/438068/jets-out-to-keep-jeremy-brockie/
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/6499424/Brockie-denied-lucrative-Chinese-contract
http://www.bet365.com/news/en/betting/football/australian-football/brockie-has-asia-on-his-mind

Thanks for pointing this out Dunster. I see merit in Thomas477's argument as well though.

The Dunster
09-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Why should we have compensated him? The fact is he signed a contract to work for the business and was legally bound to see it out. So what if he was offered more money at another company? I don't see why the Jets should have compensated him for anything given Brockie freely entered a contract that expired in April (?) 2012, for a set wage.

This is part of the reason I'm pissed that Ryan left, he was legally bound to work for the company and he should have seen out that contract, no matter how much they were offering him. I have no issue with a club paying a transfer fee, but its up the club to accept it and if they don't want to lose a player, its their prerogative to do so.

I agree with you 100%.

My post was merely passing on how I would have expected Brockie to have felt about the situation.

With respect to the players very few of them have any consideration for their fan base.

That their families cannot survive on $250k a year when the majority of the fans watching them earn less than $50k a year is a bit rich.

pv4
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
so much of this last page is tl;dr but what I will say is so many people on here seem so naive about the transfer market. apart from being jack wilshere, there is literally no such thing as loyalty/honoring contracts/fair play/etc in world football. people liken playing professionally as working for a company? then why wouldn't the player go to a higher pay?

anyone who says we should have kept topor is an idiot. as I predicted, and as it eventuated - he was garbage without ljubo. and he was on $200k+!! and brockie - well I didn't rate him that highly, but the offer the jets gave him, in the context, was disrespectful to him & I'm not surprised he left. but I don't think we're missing him tbh

militiamon
09-03-2013, 05:03 PM
anyone who says we should have kept topor is an idiot. as I predicted, and as it eventuated - he was garbage without ljubo. and he was on $200k+!! and brockie - well I didn't rate him that highly, but the offer the jets gave him, in the context, was disrespectful to him & I'm not surprised he left. but I don't think we're missing him tbh

Agree with both points.

People keep saying how great Topor is at WS, and what a big mistake it was letting him go. What about Beauchamp? You could say he is a good player for WS as well, but he was ****ing rubbish for Sydney and Heart. Do you think they regret letting him go? Different systems. Ours was never going to suit Topor, not in a million years, so why bother keeping him?

As for Brockie, good finisher, that's about it. Not a great all-round player who can really make a difference to a season (e.g Smeltz, Griff). And in the end we got Heskey as a replacement, so what are we complaining about? Even Taggart would have been a pretty good replacement, he is a much more complete player imo.

stopper2
09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
^^^
To say that Topor was rubbish without Ljubo is one of the biggest myths going around on this forum. Ljubo missed huge chunks of season 6 due to injury and Reegz came in, yet Topor was our best player that season....that's a fact, check the stats boys before youz go off half-cock.
As for Brockie I think that in the last 2 seasons no one has matched the quality of his goals both for us last season and this season for the Nix. He has developed into a striker who can create something from nothing and not just be fed or pick up the scraps.
Militiamon you say that Topor wouldn't suit our system....what exactly is our system? If Topor was in our defence last night, that second goal probably wouldn't have been score. If anyone has watched him this year for WSW he has saved countless goals by just being in the six-yard box and using his long frame to thwart shots at goal.
I make my observations on facts and what I actually see not the pre-conceived dribble that some of you on here seem to go on with.
We've spent $700,000 on a striker and the return has been 9 goals and most probably 7th, 8th or 9th spot yet the "experts" on here think that Topor and Brockie wanted or were on too much coin!!!

My2BobsWorth
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
No experts on here

stopper2
09-03-2013, 06:20 PM
No experts on here
That's right, only opinions, but seem people seem to think that their opinion is always right. Give an opinion but back it up with facts, especially the one about Topor being rubbish without Ljubo that seems to be constantly regurgitated.

Jeterpool
09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Lots of expert opinion makers though :gent:

boz-monaut
09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
"facts"

http://jamandidleness.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/inigo.png?w=400

My2BobsWorth
09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Obviously doesn't need Looobo now, but him and Tarago had problems with Gary's strict rules. The ball would normally end up with Byun, who would then play out. But without the strict rules, he's a good defender.

GazFish35
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Instead of bagging GVE and using all the WS payers who are now doing well as evidence, I think that little storyline should simply be praising popovic. Most of their squad was struggling in any of their previous clubs.

Tarek has disappeared though.

seldom
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
collectively this. but not that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

You are correct.

'of' is sometimes used in error in the place of 'have'. Presumably because in speech 'have' is often slurred/shortened to 've', which sounds more like 'of'.

Could of, would of, should of are always incorrect

My2BobsWorth
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Could've, would've,should've. Last nite.

Buddha
09-03-2013, 07:32 PM
We've spent $700,000 on a striker and the return has been 9 goals and most probably 7th, 8th or 9th spot yet the "experts" on here think that Topor and Brockie wanted or were on too much coin!!!
that 700,00 has come outside the salary cap and we have probably matched that with his commercial value. Plus he offers something different to Brockie as they are both different types of players. The final spot we finish has no responsibilty on Heskey as it's not his job to carry 10 other men. He's been our hardest working player in every game by far, i think that 700,000 we spent on him is pretty much a bargain given how much he has given to the team every game plus the revenue from his shirts sold.

Plus when Brockie scored i never got no free smoothie or reduced merch. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

I too make my observations on facts and what i actually see, and i see that you are just a twat

/rant

stopper2
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
that 700,00 has come outside the salary cap and we have probably matched that with his commercial value. Plus he offers something different to Brockie as they are both different types of players. The final spot we finish has no responsibilty on Heskey as it's not his job to carry 10 other men. He's been our hardest working player in every game by far, i think that 700,000 we spent on him is pretty much a bargain given how much he has given to the team every game plus the revenue from his shirts sold.

Plus when Brockie scored i never got no free smoothie or reduced merch. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

I too make my observations on facts and what i actually see, and i see that you are just a twat

/rant

So if Heskey has "been our hardest working player in every game by far" as you have quoted (surely you aren't serious), WTF has Ruben Zadkovich been doing in your eyes???
Rubes has had some off days (like against MV) but in most games this year he has worked his butt off for the full 90 minutes. Vice versa with Heskey, yes in a lot of games he has worked harder then anyone but lets be honest here there have been games where he has just not been in the game.
Not saying it's Heskey's responsibility to carry his team-mates but don't you think Tinkler at the end of the season is going to ask the question...."I've paid $700,000 for a marquee and you can't even finish in the top 6...what's going on???"

09-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I reckon he would ask why the heck did GVE not lay a platform to provide Heskey with greater opportunities and more to the point service. Playing the big fella up front as some sort of battering ram lone ranger role was never going to work.

scozzygt
09-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I reckon he would ask why the heck did GVE not lay a platform to provide Heskey with greater opportunities and more to the point service. Playing the big fella up front as some sort of battering ram lone ranger role was never going to work.

Exactly, that's what he should be asking.
Will he though? tha knights are just ready to kick off, so does he give a fxck?