PDA

View Full Version : GVE Gooooooooone

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Zico
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Exactly, that's what he should be asking.
Will he though? tha knights are just ready to kick off, so does he give a fxck?
No he won't.

seldom
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I too make my observations on facts and what i actually see, and i see that you are just a twat

wow...good to see some guys can get away with it

09-03-2013, 10:01 PM
There is potentially a lot of complications with this GvE out .

The vast majority of us i would think concede Tinks is not a round ball fan. I cannot see Tinks coming up with the money to bring a new coach to the club albeit wether he can afford it or not.

This leaves only a few options.

1. Not offer but give the egg another remedial role at the club to entice him into spitting the chewy and walking out = equels freeing up a wage and new coach
2. Hope GVE sees the writing on the wall and gets another gig and leaves = equels freeing up a wage and new coach
3. Egg is given another role and hangs around and continues to absorb a wage = Deans in sadly.

If and it is a big if and that is if club has already decided that GvE is no longer the head coach next season then i reckon there is a massive game of chess going on behind the scenes to see who gives first.

Just my thoughts, will get ready to be flamed now !!!!.

hawk
10-03-2013, 12:08 AM
You are correct.

'of' is sometimes used in error in the place of 'have'. Presumably because in speech 'have' is often slurred/shortened to 've', which sounds more like 'of'.

Could of, would of, should of are always incorrect

Could've, would've,should've. Last nite.

well said. you'd be suprised how long this has dragged on. I'll focus on anything but results atm. sigh

sh10
10-03-2013, 03:44 AM
You are correct.

'of' is sometimes used in error in the place of 'have'. Presumably because in speech 'have' is often slurred/shortened to 've', which sounds more like 'of'.

Could of, would of, should of are always incorrect

This is the only post in this thread worth reading imo

Imyourhero
10-03-2013, 09:59 AM
From memory i remember reading a herald article a few months back about GVE already having planned at some stage to move back into a role within the emerging jets?
AKA already setting up his scapegoat for when he's ready to leave his mess for somebody else to clean up.
AKA Deans becoming coach which still allows room for GVE to whisper in his ear to play this young kid and sign this young kid.

pv4
10-03-2013, 10:40 AM
To say that Topor was rubbish without Ljubo is one of the biggest myths going around on this forum. Ljubo missed huge chunks of season 6 due to injury and Reegz came in, yet Topor was our best player that season....that's a fact, check the stats boys before youz go off half-cock.

ljubo got injured towards the end of the season. this was exactly when our defense went to shit. it was well documented by our experts on this Foz back then that when regan & nts were partnered together, regan held his own defensively (but lacked at playing the ball) but nts was so positionally unaware & most of the time was treading on regans toes, left byun stranded regularly & overall just relied on his big frame & struggled big time. he didn't have anyone barking orders at him, was lost & was shit. after that season, because of those glimpses of poor defense, I predicted nts would struggle now that ljubo was gone for the whole season. I copped heaps of shit for predicting it, particularly off parkesy :lulz:

the facts are - he did. didn't earn a single vote in player of the season voting by our experts. he was garbage. letting him go was the best thing gve did

plague
10-03-2013, 12:25 PM
So Parksey OUT then?

stopper2
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
ljubo got injured towards the end of the season. this was exactly when our defense went to shit. it was well documented by our experts on this Foz back then that when regan & nts were partnered together, regan held his own defensively (but lacked at playing the ball) but nts was so positionally unaware & most of the time was treading on regans toes, left byun stranded regularly & overall just relied on his big frame & struggled big time. he didn't have anyone barking orders at him, was lost & was shit. after that season, because of those glimpses of poor defense, I predicted nts would struggle now that ljubo was gone for the whole season. I copped heaps of shit for predicting it, particularly off parkesy :lulz:

the facts are - he did. didn't earn a single vote in player of the season voting by our experts. he was garbage. letting him go was the best thing gve did

Getting your seasons mixed up buddy, Byun came in the season after Ljubo left.
Topor was 3 seasons with us, the first 2 under Branko and the 3rd under GVE.
Had a good 1st season, 2nd he was great and 3rd he was poor to average overall. Now he is probably having the best season of his career. 3 good seasons out of the last 4 seasons, but the "experts" on here will still try to say that he is garbage!!!
Oh and if you want to go back further he was Perth's Player of the year before he joined us....they're the facts mate not a figment of your imagination.

Thomas477
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh and if you want to go back further he was Perth's Player of the year before he joined us.

I thought they only played him as a LB and he was soundly lashed by both Perth and opposition fans?

plague
10-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I thought they only played him as a LB and he was soundly lashed by both Perth and opposition fans?

Just shows you what fans know.
Even Van Egmond will tell you that.

FaroeMassive
10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Personally I don't think either Papas or Merrick are top candidates.

Merrick had his time and did very well, but I think someone fresh would better capture the imagination of the fans.

Papas, for me is still too green and needs to continue his development and gain further experience before offering him the top job.
I also wasn't overly enthused by his demeanour during his time in Newcastle.

For me I'd love to see some out the box thinking and something a little bold from the club. I'd like to see someone with a bit of a name and a proven record of producing teams who play attractive, winning football.

My top Candidates are:

Foreign:
1. Johan Neeskens (Huge name, huge experience, loves Australia, currently coaching Mamelodi Sundowns FC in South Africa)
2. Lotar Matthaus (Huge name, huge experience. Rumoured to have applied for Sydney FC role so interested in A-League. Coaching record not great, but could surely bring something.)

Local:
1. Ante Milicic (Has done a decent apprenticeship under Vant Schip and now Poppa, is fresh, modern and up to date with new trends. Best of the untried locals.)

stopper2
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Who cares, do you really think Topor gives two flying farks about his time at Perth and Newcastle now? He is playing the best football in his career under a coach who BELIEVES IN HIM and on the verge of winning the Premiers Plate. Seems that these pathetic little digs at him on this forum sort of pale in significance!
Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year and Brockie could very well finish with the Golden Boot but the "experts" on here will still say they are rubbish and we don't miss them.

Thomas477
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Who cares, do you really think Topor gives two flying farks about his time at Perth and Newcastle now? He is playing the best football in his career under a coach who BELIEVES IN HIM and on the verge of winning the Premiers Plate. Seems that these pathetic little digs at him on this forum sort of pale in significance!
Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year and Brockie could very well finish with the Golden Boot but the "experts" on here will still say they are rubbish and we don't miss them.

Mate, it was you that brought up his time with Perth, not me. All I was mentioning was that I only remembered him copping a caning at Glory, not having a "pathetic little dig" as you say.

Brockie disappeared for the last few months of last season. That he didn't score for the last 6 rounds is a fact. I suppose I am one of those you would classify as saying they are ""rubbish"" and we don't miss them, but I am not an expert, I just have an opinion that you are free to disagree with at your pleasure. But never have I said he was rubbish, all I have said is that for what he wanted, he was not worth it, same with Topor. They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it. As for them playing well at other clubs, good on them, the system their clubs play obviously suits them well. Would Brockie have scored as many as he has playing on the right wing for us? No he wouldn't have. Would he have scored as many as he has playing up front? Maybe, but we made the choice to go with Heskey. Is Topor a great ball player, like we want with the "high pressure passing game" we want? From last season, no. Does he play well in a system where he just has to get the ball to Ono or Mooy and let them dictate play? Yes, quite obviously. Does having a great #10 mean anything if you play route 1 football? No. Or having a short bloke who can't jump or head as your #9 when you pump balls into the box ala Socceroos vs Thailand? No.

And as for the Johnny Warren medal, do you honestly think in a team that includes Ono, Mooy, Covic, Hersi, Bridge (who's had a blinder of a season), Beachump etc, he would have got more points than any of them? Topor and Brockie will always appear to be playing better than they did here because van Egmond haters, like yourself, will focus on everything good they do and forget every bad thing they do.

seldom
11-03-2013, 12:36 AM
high pressure passing game...fvckin LOL

parksey
11-03-2013, 01:10 AM
So Parksey OUT then?

i'll back it

11-03-2013, 01:38 AM
high pressure passing game...fvckin LOL

We have achieved that this season, all 360 minutes of it.

stopper2
11-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Mate, it was you that brought up his time with Perth, not me. All I was mentioning was that I only remembered him copping a caning at Glory, not having a "pathetic little dig" as you say.

Brockie disappeared for the last few months of last season. That he didn't score for the last 6 rounds is a fact. I suppose I am one of those you would classify as saying they are ""rubbish"" and we don't miss them, but I am not an expert, I just have an opinion that you are free to disagree with at your pleasure. But never have I said he was rubbish, all I have said is that for what he wanted, he was not worth it, same with Topor. They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it. As for them playing well at other clubs, good on them, the system their clubs play obviously suits them well. Would Brockie have scored as many as he has playing on the right wing for us? No he wouldn't have. Would he have scored as many as he has playing up front? Maybe, but we made the choice to go with Heskey. Is Topor a great ball player, like we want with the "high pressure passing game" we want? From last season, no. Does he play well in a system where he just has to get the ball to Ono or Mooy and let them dictate play? Yes, quite obviously. Does having a great #10 mean anything if you play route 1 football? No. Or having a short bloke who can't jump or head as your #9 when you pump balls into the box ala Socceroos vs Thailand? No.

And as for the Johnny Warren medal, do you honestly think in a team that includes Ono, Mooy, Covic, Hersi, Bridge (who's had a blinder of a season), Beachump etc, he would have got more points than any of them? Topor and Brockie will always appear to be playing better than they did here because van Egmond haters, like yourself, will focus on everything good they do and forget every bad thing they do.
The comment was...."Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year", yes he is definitely in with a chance and especially since apart from Covic he has played more games than any of the others you have mentioned.
Maybe Brockie if he had stayed would've score a heap of goals for us, maybe he wouldn't, we will never know....it's all irrelevant now.
We could go back and forth forever like this, obviously your opinion isn't going to change and neither is mine.
As they say the table doesn't lie. The club made a gamble with releasing a heap of players and bringing in new, mainly young players with potential.
Two of those in Topor and Brockie who were released/not re-signed have gone on to have fantastic seasons at other clubs while nothing has changed here at the Jets with the new blood. The gamble obviously hasn't paid off. Topor and Brockie both have many years experience in the HAL and there were times this season when it was plain as day that experience is what we lacked.

Jeterpool
11-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7xE4pLgKuU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Zico
11-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Hilarious

PMSL Very funny

My2BobsWorth
11-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Someone went to a lot of trouble, and it was worth it.

seldom
11-03-2013, 12:49 PM
fvckin quality lol

stopper2
11-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Brilliant, the scary part is that there is some truth in there that supporters can relate to.

hawk
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM
They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it.

there it is. We let gve think, then act. do we still think that was a good idea? 41 goals against, i reckon we might just find the weak link. Topor's hair would've kept 10 of those out.

hawk
11-03-2013, 02:34 PM
lozl and no more clogs

Beeen
11-03-2013, 06:19 PM
gve out! De Groot in

Rocky
11-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Anyone posted that vid on the Jets FB page yet? Public service.

Jeterpool
12-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Anyone posted that vid on the Jets FB page yet? Public service.

Nope.

joel31
12-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Hilarious

Classic.

scozzygt
12-03-2013, 09:15 PM
gve out! De Groot in

:roflz:

MFKS
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hilarious

This things been done before a million times over.

Find some new material FFS:deadhorse:

GazFish35
12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
It's one of the better ones tbh

Jeterpool
13-03-2013, 08:50 AM

I'd never seen it before so it was new material to me :gent:.

Zico
13-03-2013, 09:38 AM

Your a very bitter GVE fan MFKS.

Football is us
13-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Well done, and very amusing, and very close the way many fans feel.

Marcus
14-03-2013, 06:06 PM

MFKS
14-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Your a very bitter GVE fan MFKS.

No I have just seen the exact same footage done a couple of hundred times before but with different message.

FFS Whoever is doing it needs to find a new movie to do it too

plague
14-03-2013, 06:20 PM
No I have just seen the exact same footage done a couple of hundred times before but with different message.

Then why watch a couple of hundred of them if you don't like them?

MFKS
14-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Then why watch a couple of hundred of them if you don't like them?

I support the Newcastle Jets Football Club.

I have more than enough problems to deal with without trying to analyse the answer to that question just yet

militiamon
14-03-2013, 07:01 PM
MFKS is right. What next, a critique of GVE via Rickrolling?

plague
14-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Someone's gotta superimpose GVE and Middlebys faces on Boz's lemon party link.

Bags not me though.

militiamon
14-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Agreed.
That or 2 girls 1 cup.

plague
14-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Agreed.
That or 2 girls 1 cup.

Still never laid eyes on that masterpiece. Prob a good thing.

parksey
15-03-2013, 12:37 AM
the fact that nobody posted a lemon party link (www.lemonparty.org) during the q&a the other day is a disgrace

Imyourhero
15-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Does anyone think that GVE actually WILL be dropped if we fail to make the finals?

boz-monaut
15-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Someone's gotta superimpose GVE and Middlebys faces on Boz's lemon party link.
I like how it's become my link

still, remember that time I got Celery to click on it

good times

15-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Does anyone think that GVE actually WILL be dropped if we fail to make the finals?

Yep i do.

plague
15-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I like how it's become my link

still, remember that time I got Celery to click on it

good times

You got me as well in my Foz infancy.
Well in.

furns
16-03-2013, 12:02 AM

According to the last Q&A that RM and TP was involved in - no he wont.

militiamon
16-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Agreed that they probably won't, but they did say they would conduct their annual performance review (i.e they weren't 100% ruling it out).

I think his position is fairly comfortable, but then I would have said the same thing about Branko a week out from the start of that A-League season.

hawk
16-03-2013, 12:39 AM
The board is happy with the managers performance. :wink:

16-03-2013, 01:04 AM
I have maintained the opinion for the last month or so that GVE's min KPI would be finals football. My fear has also been that GVE will not be shown the door but given a consolation role and because HSG luv the Knights more we will not get another coach and Deans will be appointed.

I bet those gooses at HSG are kicking themselves now they gave the " one trick pony " an extension without having measurably earning it and the smurfs are thinking thank f%^k they dodged a bullet with the egg knocking them back.

seldom
16-03-2013, 01:53 AM
What about middlebys future or is he above criticism

seldom
16-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Lets be realistic here...finals football is a top 6, yes I said top 6 FFS. Unless FFA are goin to a top 8 we may need a change

Tommyjet
16-03-2013, 01:56 PM
If we didn't win so many games at the start of the season when we didn't deserve it we may have seen the changes that have been made earlier, pity we can't combine good football with results, although very unlucky with the decisions last night. Still gotta wonder(without being too biased towards gve) how much of our improved quality of football played is due to gve or the inclusions of bridgy, taggs and caravella

MFKS
21-04-2013, 09:25 PM
GVE must be somehow responsible for Gypo GF triumph.

**** him off and Deans and Middleby

Also Palmer should be firing Wayne Bennett tomorrow. Arnold gave Bennett kudos as his mentor for the last few weeks to get the Gypos over the line. Bennett is employed by HSG who have a responsibility to **** over the Coasties,

Wayne Bennett WANTED FOR HIGH TREASON

Pico
22-04-2013, 08:45 AM
GVE must be somehow responsible for Gypo GF triumph.

**** him off and Deans and Middleby

Also Palmer should be firing Wayne Bennett tomorrow. Arnold gave Bennett kudos as his mentor for the last few weeks to get the Gypos over the line. Bennett is employed by HSG who have a responsibility to **** over the Coasties,

Wayne Bennett WANTED FOR HIGH TREASON

GVE clearly hooking his boy Arnold up with fellow HSG leech Bennett, sickening really.

First it was handing back of the license, then keeping their heads in the sand while GVE destroys our club, let one griff go and then didn't even try for one of our clubs legends on his return to aus, now add aiding the CCM to a championship, why the **** would I want to support this shit house club.

belchardo
22-04-2013, 09:16 AM
why the **** would I want to support this shit house club.

masochism.

q-money
22-04-2013, 09:31 AM
unbelievable

FaroeMassive
22-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Two rumours from reasonably knowledgeable sources, however the fact that they are two different rumours could suggest that it's all just BS.

1. GVE's future will be decided within next 2-4 weeks. Apparently Troy Palmer wants him to stay, but Middleby wants him gone. Boardroom struggle going on behind the scenes.

2. GVE has been given the first 8 games next season to get results or he is gone. Heskey re-signed under the belief he would be gone, but has since been given this assurance as a compromise.

BodyNovo
22-04-2013, 10:54 AM
so what happens after 8 games and we are still in the shit. another coach, another season rebuilding, etc.

ffs

hawk
22-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Two rumours from reasonably knowledgeable sources, however the fact that they are two different rumours could suggest that it's all just BS.

1. GVE's future will be decided within next 2-4 weeks. Apparently Troy Palmer wants him to stay, but Middleby wants him gone. Boardroom struggle going on behind the scenes.

2. GVE has been given the first 8 games next season to get results or he is gone. Heskey re-signed under the belief he would be gone, but has since been given this assurance as a compromise.
IF this is correct middleby in.

so what happens after 8 games and we are still in the shit. another coach, another season rebuilding, etc.
ffs

What it might mean is that we could get a coach that actually knows how to rebuild a club.

The Dunster
22-04-2013, 12:13 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vWQNBKKytp8/TFHijTONeDI/AAAAAAAAAiM/0RtaTXN8Exg/s1600/watties.jpg

Raw Boned Youngster
22-04-2013, 02:04 PM
I have it on very good authority that HSG refuse to pay the bucks to get rid of GVE. he is on the nose with everyone, but no bucks to end it all.

Imyourhero
22-04-2013, 02:05 PM
All we've gotta do is get every member to donate a few $ each to cover the cost!

Jeterpool
22-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I have it on very good authority that HSG refuse to pay the bucks to get rid of GVE. he is on the nose with everyone, but no bucks to end it all.

They've got nobody to blame but themselves for this one.

MFKS
22-04-2013, 04:40 PM
All we've gotta do is get every member to donate a few $ each to cover the cost!

How much do we need??

Count me in

I will more than happily pay an extra $50-$100 for my membership if it means

A We get rid of GVE
B We get a coach in who plays attacking football. Couldn't give a shit if we lose 5-4 every week I want to be entertained
C We fill our other Marquee spot alongside Heskey.

I will even pay an extra $300 a year if it means we get Lord Griffo BACK

22-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Wonder if heskey pulls a " Harry " citing family reasons not to return from the mother country if he is not happy with GVE hanging around.

GazFish35
22-04-2013, 05:04 PM
He tipped the mariners in Sunday's paper.

That, if nothing else warrants a sacking.

Imyourhero
22-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Surely about 10000 members would have to want GVE out, $100 bucks each = 1mil
Surely that would easily cover costs.

white city
23-04-2013, 10:48 AM
i posted this in the Newcastle Jets squad forum, but i have heard from a source that in a matter of weeks GVE will be pushed into a Technical Director role, and Michael bridges will be appointed coach once completion of his certificates is achieved.

i quite like the idea of this, GVE sigh* can still bring in the talented youngsters and HSG wont need to pay him out, while Bridges will do alot better job with player management, because i have heard from a number of players that they just cant handle Gary's persona

23-04-2013, 11:35 AM
If true then this demonstates even more why Middleby and Palmer are not fit enough to have anything to do with this club.

I am GvE's biggest critic but this scenario you put up suggests this was in the making many months ago. In that time management could have come clean and made public this option thus giving GvE the opportunity to persue a head coach role at another HAL club. As much as i think it was a mistake to re employ him, being shafted this way puts us on par with the way Adelaide do things.

white city
23-04-2013, 12:07 PM
If true then this demonstates even more why Middleby and Palmer are not fit enough to have anything to do with this club.

I am GvE's biggest critic but this scenario you put up suggests this was in the making many months ago. In that time management could have come clean and made public this option thus giving GvE the opportunity to persue a head coach role at another HAL club. As much as i think it was a mistake to re employ him, being shafted this way puts us on par with the way the Reds do things.

so true our board have no idea, show no evidence of passion or direction, and our financial situation is anyones guess, Tinkler is more of a follower of the knights, such a disappointing scenario we find ourselves in as a club, we have a board that doesn't provide fans with any belief or confidence and we have a manager that no one is in support of, i think we will see membership numbers go down next yr. let alone our footballing standard if some tough decisions aren't made in this off season

militiamon
23-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Do we even have a board?

GazFish35
23-04-2013, 12:53 PM
GVE as TD, FFS you must kidding.
Bridges as head coach with zero managerial experience.

We will be a ****ing laughing stock.
This shits worse than when con was in charge, at least you knew he cared.

q-money
23-04-2013, 01:04 PM
ernie merrick

FaroeMassive
23-04-2013, 01:41 PM
i posted this in the Newcastle Jets squad forum, but i have heard from a source that in a matter of weeks GVE will be pushed into a Technical Director role, and Michael bridges will be appointed coach once completion of his certificates is achieved.

i quite like the idea of this, GVE sigh* can still bring in the talented youngsters and HSG wont need to pay him out, while Bridges will do alot better job with player management, because i have heard from a number of players that they just cant handle Gary's persona

This is not true. Purely a made up rumour.

Bridges (even though he'd do better than GVE) can't become a Head Coach of an A-League team as he only has a C-Licence.
He is working towards gaining his B-Licence, but he will only complete that during this off-season at the earliest.

Minimum requirement for A-League Head Coaches is the A-Licence and will be the Pro Diploma come the 2015/16 season.
Bridges is still some way away from either of those.

It would be nice, but not at all possible.

I think we need to be looking outside the box for a new Head Coach and not just recycling former A-League Coaches.
The standards of the League have massively improved and the most successful recent coaches, Ange, Arnie, Poppa, and Ali Edwards (next season) had all not coached in the A-League prior to their success.

militiamon
23-04-2013, 03:12 PM
ernie merrick

Yep.

The standards of the League have massively improved and the most successful recent coaches, Ange, Arnie, Poppa, and Ali Edwards (next season) had all not coached in the A-League prior to their success.

"had not coached in the A-League prior to their success"
uhh yeah but that's not to say they didn't have significant experience coaching before:

Ange - 2 titles with South Melbourne back in the NSL days, Oceania Club Championship winner. Coach of the Young Socceroos after that, then coach at a Greek club.
Arnold - Northern Spirit coach for 2 seasons. Australian assistant for yonks then head coach.
Popovic - true in this case
Alistair Edwards - what exactly has he done?

People were talking up John Aloisi earlier in the season, before the Heart went to complete shit and all that.

tbh I still don't know what's so bad about 'recycling' the most successful A-League coach.

belchardo
23-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Poppa was assistant at crystal palace for a few years wasn't he? i know it isn't the a-league, but it's good experience none the less.

MFKS
23-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Poppa was also an assistant at Smurfs FC under Lavicka for a couple of years so it ain't like he had NFI about the HAL rigours

GazFish35
23-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Just get the next Chelsea boss.
He'll be out of work by the time next season starts.

My2BobsWorth
23-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Cosi got the gig with a B licence din e

MFKS
23-04-2013, 07:51 PM
So let me get this right we are now sinking to the levels of talking up a bloke who doesn't have a hope in hell of getting the gig as he doesn't have the relevant qualifications as the saviour for us??

FFS The bloke hasn't even done any time as an assistant or a yoof coach and you think throwing him into the HAL will see him as a success story just cause he played EPL?? Well there are plenty of blokes who had distinguished careers as players EPL and playing for NT's at big tournaments with more success than Bridges did in his playing career who have been abject failures as managers.

Why would this bloke be a success??

plague
23-04-2013, 08:04 PM
James Pascoe.
Clacka Zane.

Bring them home Tinks.

seldom
23-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Bridges should be right to coach in 4-6 weeks

Skirt Boy
23-04-2013, 08:31 PM
So let me get this right we are now sinking to the levels of talking up a bloke who doesn't have a hope in hell of getting the gig as he doesn't have the relevant qualifications as the saviour for us??

FFS The bloke hasn't even done any time as an assistant or a yoof coach and you think throwing him into the HAL will see him as a success story just cause he played EPL?? Well there are plenty of blokes who had distinguished careers as players EPL and playing for NT's at big tournaments with more success than Bridges did in his playing career who have been abject failures as managers.

Why would this bloke be a success??

Bridgy is a Spurs fan. I can see link ups with the Lilywhites. Imagine getting a few Spurs into the squad on loan or having Spurs play at Turton Rd?

MFKS
23-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Bridgy is a Spurs fan. I can see link ups with the Lilywhites. Imagine getting a few Spurs into the squad on loan or having Spurs play at Turton Rd?

Why is it so? The closer we live to a rival, the more we despise them.

Before we bring out the best in our team, let’s try to bring out the worst in them.

Let’s bottle up all our problems, mask it with support of our team – and send it all their way.

Like Newcastle and Sunderland, Sunderland and Newcastle – separated by 10 miles and 130 years of disdain.

You are either born into black and white stripes by the River Tyne, or red and white by the River Wear.
Michael Bridges is as rare as a teetotaller on Geordie Shore.

Now a resident of the warm Newcastle down here, he was born black and white, played red and white, had half a season of black and white, then switched back again.

Or, as he simply puts it: "Loved by both and hated by both."

In between his stints at Sunderland and Newcastle, he played for Leeds United and they had a fair rivalry going across the Pennines.

"Played in Manchester United-Leeds games but it’s nothing compared to Newcastle - Sunderland," Bridges said.

"Especially when you’re born and bred in the area and know what it’s all about, it’s in your blood.

"I remember training and not being bothered about the session, just wanted the game and that was three days before. The foreign lads don’t get it until they’ve played in one or two, and then you get it.

"People just go to work to afford tickets to go and watch these two teams and that’s why it’s so passionate, and such a good thing to experience.

"You run around like headless chickens. You sit in the sheds after the game and think did I just play a game of football, that was just like constant running and kicking for 90 minutes."

Bridges played in five derbies, all for Sunderland (his spell at Newcastle was when Sunderland were down a division) but recalls the first one has being all-consuming, making it hard to come to grips with common sense when it was over.

"We played at St James’ Park and it was the day of the Grand National, and we had a sweepstake in the dressing room for the horse race.

"Trying to calm down after the game (a 1-1 draw) I asked the boys, what’s the result in the Grand National?

And it was the year (1997) it got called off because of the bomb scare and Niall Quinn said "abandoned, bomb scare".

"And I went ‘f(*&@# hell, what were his odds!?'"

Bridges grew up a Newcastle fan, and played in their youth set up before then first-team manager Kevin Keegan turned the lights out on the reserves and academy - "if you can buy the best players there’s no need for the future", was his thought process.

So Bridges had to find a football home. There was one, south of the River Tyne. The right choice for his football life. The wrong choice for his dad’s social life.

"People laugh and joke when you talk about going into the wrong pub in the wrong time," he said.

"When I lived in Newcastle, in a place called Whitley Bay, we had a local pub at the top of our estate, when I signed with Sunderland my dad got banished from that place. It wasn’t until several years later when I came back to Newcastle that he was accepted again."

Loved by both, hated by both.

Even his dad found it hard to enjoy seeing his son play for Sunderland.

"Me dad used to come over and watch his son play without any real passion or commitment you know," Bridges said.

"But I never forget the day I signed there (for Newcastle), think he had a tear down his face y’know?"

Emotion is the big part of this game, so form goes out the window.

Since Newcastle’s 5-1 demolition in October 2010, three of the past four meetings have been 1-1 draws.
There have been four red cards in the last three matches. Standard.

"I’m not going to sit on the fence this time, Sunderland are going to win this one," Bridges said while mentioning the new manager formula, Paolo Di Canio, to get a reaction.

Result aside, we know what we are going to witness. Like splashing oil on a flame, the involvement of Di Canio will do little to calm the situation.

So back to the original thought – why the hate?

History explains the rivalry between the two towns goes back to the 17th-century, when the ill-fated King Charles I favoured Newcastle merchants to those of Sunderland.

The English Civil War didn’t help matters and officially divided the two – Newcastle stuck with the King, Sunderland with the Parliamentarians.

Ever since, from generation to generation, the lesson has been passed on and while there is peaceful coexistence, lurking is distrust and angst.

A twice-a-season football match bubbles that to the surface.

The war is long gone and the setting entirely different, but the battle goes on.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/michael-bridges-and-adam-peacock-explore-the-sunderland-newcastle-rivalry-ahead-of-the-tyne-wear-derby/story-e6frfkp9-1226618556354#ixzz2RHMnanAo

That debunks the bullshit about him being a Spuds fan.

Secondly as if Tottenham are gonna send there hacks who can't make it in the EPL across the planet to play in the HAL when they can loan them to anywhere in Europe and keep a close eye on their development.

Skirt Boy
23-04-2013, 10:01 PM
That debunks the bullshit about him being a Spuds fan.

You grew up as a Sunderland fan, yes?

Michael: Actually no, my family grew up in North Shields, and both of my parents were black and white. I was actually a Tottenham Hotspur fan. I was just a huge Chris Waddle fan, it might sound sad, but I had the haircut and I used to try and be just like him. Had his picture all over my bedroom wall, when he went to Tottenham I supported Tottenham, when he went to Marseille, I supported Marseille, and then I had the pleasure of playing with him at Sunderland. To sit in the dressing room and have your idol walk in was just sensational.

http://www.rokerreport.com/2012/2/7/2756356/im-still-scared-of-bally-roker-report-meets-michael-bridges

lolz

MFKS
23-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Yep how convenient a bloke being paid by Sunderland denies supporting their fierce rivals in an interview that is going out to Sunderland fans who most likely wouldn't be happy aboutn a player playing for them who goes for their fierce rivals.

Also notice the bit about how he became a Marseille fan when Chris Waddle moved to Sth France.

Yeah he was a massive Spuds fan died in the wool type:blush:

Tommyjet
23-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm a gooner so no chance of me supporting a team affiliated with the spuds even if your unrealistic fantasy were to be true. And bridges as manager one of the most laughable things I've heard all season.

pv4
23-04-2013, 11:00 PM
sb/mfkfc - when I was holidaying in Peru I ran into some geordie people. two of them were the parents of Michael bridges's best mate, and bridges spent the majority of his childhood & teenage years at their house.

I asked them why bridges supported tottenham & their answer was

"everyone in the north east supports Newcastle. it goes without question. but everyone also has a second team that isn't Sunderland that they like to follow also. most people in Newcastle support arsenal aswell, because they like the football they play. Bridgey decided to support tottenham as his second team solely because he didnt want to be like everyone else in town"

/derailment

GazFish35
24-04-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm a gooner so no chance of me supporting a team affiliated with the spuds even if your unrealistic fantasy were to be true. And bridges as manager one of the most laughable things I've heard all season.

Seconded.

goaliepersempre
24-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Seconded.

Third

My2BobsWorth
24-04-2013, 06:51 PM
And bridges as manager one of the most laughable things I've heard all season.
Why? I'd rather have the old duck serving piss on the hill as coach than GVE. Bridgey as captain/coach, oh yeah

hawk
24-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Why? I'd rather have the old duck serving piss on the hill as coach than GVE. Bridgey as captain/coach, oh yeah

bridgy in. he'd put some "mongrel" back in the team. zads probs has enough though

GazFish35
24-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Wait till smeezy gets wind of this.

Porett
26-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Yep how convenient a bloke being paid by Sunderland denies supporting their fierce rivals in an interview that is going out to Sunderland fans who most likely wouldn't be happy aboutn a player playing for them who goes for their fierce rivals.

Also notice the bit about how he became a Marseille fan when Chris Waddle moved to Sth France.

Yeah he was a massive Spuds fan died in the wool type:blush:

He actually said he was a spurs fan in a interview on fox when he first came out to play for us.

De-Champ
26-04-2013, 06:25 PM
So he is a spurs fan.........SO WHAT?????

Tommyjet
26-04-2013, 10:35 PM
He won't be a manager for at least a few more seasons so keep your skirts on people

scozzygt
27-04-2013, 09:38 PM
He won't be a manager for at least a few more seasons so keep your skirts on people

You havin a fukkin go at me?
:tongue:
:arse:
All good champ!!

Porett
28-04-2013, 04:56 PM
So he is a spurs fan.........SO WHAT?????

Forums work better when you can read the preceding posts and have some grasp of what is being discussed. They are forum for the exchange of thoughts and idea's, in this particular case posters were discussing whether or not michael bridges was or wasn't a spurs fan. So that is what.

De-Champ
28-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Forums work better when you can read the preceding posts and have some grasp of what is being discussed. They are forum for the exchange of thoughts and idea's, in this particular case posters were discussing whether or not michael bridges was or wasn't a spurs fan. So that is what.

i think you will find he still is.

militiamon
28-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Come si dice 'troll' in italiano? :yap:

Tommyjet
28-04-2013, 08:15 PM
You havin a fukkin go at me?
:tongue:
:arse:
All good champ!!
Lol I'm of Scottish decent too mate

hawk
29-04-2013, 05:17 PM
hey gaz.
Coaching Vacancy Adelaide

29-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Not much for GVE to achieve at the Reds. They are already a divided stink'n mess and thats all GVE is good for.

Jeterpool
29-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Not much for GVE to achieve at the Reds. They are already a divided stink'n mess and thats all GVE is good for.

There is room for more youth...that's one.

McKain looks like he needs some laps...two

Grimario
30-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I've been away for a week... has GVE left yet? What other developments have I missed out on?

MFKS
30-04-2013, 04:22 PM
I've been away for a week... has GVE left yet? What other developments have I missed out on?

Middleby gave him a new 5 year contract in light of the season review being found to be not GVE's fault we were shit We signed Messi and C Ronaldo for next HAL season Gypos were stripped of the title for salary cap breaches by not declaring tins of tuna paid to the players and Kale bagged 4 goals in the NBN

Only one of these is true. You work it out

Grimario
30-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Your typing isn't bad enough to have a sticky keyboard so I am assuming it's not the Kale goals... and since GVE isn't to blame for anything, clearly the first one must be true.

How good is Kale btw?

MFKS
30-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Could only bag 4 against Weston Bears so it will be at least another 5 years before getting a start at HAL level.

Porett
01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1469167/clark-on-the-outer-in-jets-restructure/?cs=306

Turns out it was all Lee Clark's fault.
Bring on the double.

Jeterpool
01-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Last line of today's Herals article indicates talks have opened with a number of players.

white city
01-05-2013, 09:55 AM
seems as though every time the club does a review, the strength and conditioner guys are made the scapegoats.????

they need to clean out the whole board!!

Zico
01-05-2013, 10:02 AM
This club grows into more of a joke day after day.
Sack GVE and start again!

GazFish35
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
they need to clean out the whole board!!

They sacked the board a year ago

white city
01-05-2013, 02:46 PM
They sacked the board a year ago

yeah and its still a basket case!!!

MFKS
09-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Now that bacon face has decided to quit lets see if we can get GVE the job at OT.

Imagine him having Rooney RVP and co doing laps Kasey style

q-money
09-05-2013, 12:11 PM
chicharito doing hill runs with a tyre on his back

vidic smashing someone's car window with his boot

gve in

Grimario
14-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Got a chuckle from whoever it was I just cancelled my membership with when I said "Gary Van Egmond" as the reason I was cancelling. Wonder if he had heard it numerous times before.

Rocky
14-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Roberto Mancini is now available, make it happen Tinks!

Grimario
14-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Come on, couldn't beat Wigan with a budget of billions. How is he going to compete in a league that has minimal money for transfers and the confines of a salary cap?

Clearly Arnie is the best manager in these situations :gent:

seldom
14-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Got a chuckle from whoever it was I just cancelled my membership with when I said "Gary Van Egmond" as the reason I was cancelling. Wonder if he had heard it numerous times before.

I cancelled my membership as well yesterday...dude asked me same question .I said I,m not happy with the coaching staff.After a slight pause he gingerly asked if there was anything else he could help me with. Should have givin him the full rant on mid strength beer too but could'nt be fvcked

Beeen
15-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I cancelled my membership as well yesterday...dude asked me same question .I said I,m not happy with the coaching staff.After a slight pause he gingerly asked if there was anything else he could help me with. Should have givin him the full rant on mid strength beer too but could'nt be fvcked

Oh i'm going to be fvcked. Mid strength beer is just not fvcking good enough. Its important the club sorts this situation out before next season otherwise i'm tempted to do what Norwich fans did a few seasons back when Theo was in goals.

stopper2
15-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Arrogant, vain, self-centred.....just some of the words used to describe Mancini in the aftermath of his sacking. There is also a coach in the HAL who quite often gets described by those words and he has done nothing in 2 seasons yet still manages to stay on!

Pico
15-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Arrogant, vain, self-centred.....just some of the words used to describe Mancini in the aftermath of his sacking. There is also a coach in the HAL who quite often gets described by those words and he has done nothing in 2 seasons yet still manages to stay on!

Actually he managed to get an extension.

15-05-2013, 11:36 AM
^ A decision i would almost put money on the club now regrets. I don't think there is any doubt Palmers endorsement of GVE at seasons end was more to do with the costs associated with punting him early and finding a replacement.

31-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Just had a quick look at the Herald website re the article about HK. The article drew all of two comments from people. I know we are out of season and interest in general reduces however i would have thought more than two comments could have been expected.

My question is given some on here have posted they are not renewing membership ( including my family ) are we really seeing people demonstrating more than just lip service in there disappontment of the retention of GVE.

As usual on a Saturday mornings we head off to my young blokes game and chat with other parents of kids in the side and i can honestly say about a third who have had membership in the past mainly family packages have expressed that they will not be renewing membership this season. Having known these parents for many years i believe there statements are also more than just lip service but an actual intention.

My point being that unlike on most occasions when people have time to get over disappointment and think with a straight head they cave in go along with the status quo.

Palmers endoresment of GvE really does seem to have left a longer than usual negative effect on the club.

Surely those at the club don't have there heads in the clouds that much that they can't see or hear this, they would have to be concerned would they not ?.

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Just had a quick look at the Herald website re the article about HK. The article drew all of two comments from people. I know we are out of season and interest in general reduces however i would have thought more than two comments could have been expected.

My question is given some on here have posted they are not renewing membership ( including my family ) are we really seeing people demonstrating more than just lip service in there disappontment of the retention of GVE.

As usual on a Saturday mornings we head off to my young blokes game and chat with other parents of kids in the side and i can honestly say about a third who have had membership in the past mainly family packages have expressed that they will not be renewing membership this season. Having known these parents for many years i believe there statements are also more than just lip service but an actual intention.

My point being that unlike on most occasions when people have time to get over disappointment and think with a straight head they cave in go along with the status quo.

Palmers endoresment of GvE really does seem to have left a longer than usual negative effect on the club.

Surely those at the club don't have there heads in the clouds that much that they can't see or hear this, they would have to be concerned would they not ?.

The truth will come in a few months re:memberships. If there is a significant drop I will be interested to see what this is attributed to, if acknowledged at all.

I can see HSG noting that the current strain on families, numerous redundancies in local industries, carbon tax, etc being the reason and not publically acknowledging the style of football we play, the poor team performances and the lack of a number of big players as a major contributing factor.

militiamon
31-05-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't think a change in coach would help membership numbers. There are going to be disappointed members based on the results from last season regardless of the changes that could potentially be made now.

In other words:
Would a good proportion of members not renewing dislike GVE? Yes.
Would changing the coach change whether or not they renew? imo no.

pistolpete
31-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Would a good proportion of members not renewing dislike GVE? Yes.

I am not so sure. I have spoken to alot of members who are adamant that they will not renew again until he is gone. I am seriously considering following the same rule. Still might renew unless we re-sign Thompson. If they do that I will not return until the two of them are gone

belchardo
31-05-2013, 03:44 PM
i am going to be re-signing as a member*. but it isn't such a big commitment for me, as i get the non-ticketed membership anyway.

* subject to them not jacking up the prices by 400% or something stupid like that.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 03:57 PM
For me, perhaps. If GVE walked out tomorrow and we went to the usual suspects and suddenly had Kosmina in charge, I wouldn't renew. GVE was the safe, unimaginative option and it's turned out to be disastrous.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Also, I might actually re-sign but purely as a GA member and as a single not me + wife combo.

Rocknerd
31-05-2013, 04:08 PM
You'll should be re-signing as members and getting to as many games as possible, nothing says I have the right to bitch and moan like being a ticketed member. Plus at $130 (iirc) you only need to attend 1/2 the matches to cover cost and after 4 home games of the same GVE will get the boot* and we'll see Deans back in charge as the interim coach at the SFS.

based purely on speculation that GVE has until round 8 to prove himself

Onehunglow
31-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I emailed HSG a month ago and said I would not be renewing. (Gold Family membership in Western Grandstand) To their credit they came back and sought feedback. My response was " Unfortunately, the team is not entertaining enough to continue watching"

They said they will try harder bla bla bla.

The membership figures will be whatever they will be. The more worrying thing is when I speak to people around town, and I've been around the local scene for a long time, the number of older football people, ex players and coaches who refuse to go to games because of the style of play being dished up. A lot of these guys are often retired and most have a few bob to spend, you'd think they'd look forward to an A-League game in their home town. If the football didn't put you to sleep and they could maintain the current membership and engage the many who don't go to games the place would be jumping. The ringleader in all this is the coach and people all over are sick of the tripe he has served up over the last 2 seasons. Especially with the preparation, recourses and a pretty handy squad at his disposal. Looks like we have to suffer another year.

Jetmaster
31-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Over the last 30 odd years of national leagues I have heard so many people say "never again" etc etc etc

They keep coming back, no matter what.

31-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I guess the concern or the point i making is for every member lost the club needs to find two more new ones to continue to obtain growth , is that posssible ?.

MFKS
31-05-2013, 06:17 PM
To my way of thinking some of these people they are gonna lose are not really serious about the club anyway. The types that signed up when the Memberships were put out at dirt cheap prices. The same people who without the cheap memberships would most likely be missing majority of the time anyways except when they jumped aboard the bandwagon going when the club are at the top end of the league

The same sort of people that wouldn't get off their arses to go to an F3 derby in Gosford anyways yet call themselves a ****ing Jets fan.

As for the rest of you ****s that are thinking of not renewing.:angry::what:

Some of you ****s really need to have a good hard look at yourself and are dead set forgetting what supporting a football club is about. Backing up year in year out with or without success is a sign you are a true fan.

Support the club through THROUGH THICK AND THIN

My2BobsWorth
31-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't mind a bit of THICK, not penis of course

q-money
31-05-2013, 07:14 PM
wut

boz-monaut
31-05-2013, 07:22 PM
thick = good
thin = bad

penis = lady pleaser

GVE = bad lady pleaser

seldom
31-05-2013, 09:08 PM
To my way of thinking some of these people they are gonna lose are not really serious about the club anyway. The types that signed up when the Memberships were put out at dirt cheap prices. The same people who without the cheap memberships would most likely be missing majority of the time anyways except when they jumped aboard the bandwagon going when the club are at the top end of the league

The same sort of people that wouldn't get off their arses to go to an F3 derby in Gosford anyways yet call themselves a ****ing Jets fan.

Some of you ****s really need to have a good hard look at yourself and are dead set forgetting what supporting a football club is about. Backing up year in year out with or without success is a sign you are a true fan.

Mate if this is your true definition of a jets supporter don't be suprised to see 5000 as opposed to 12000 fans next year.A large % of family memberships are not die hard supporters as you believe yourself to be but just football supporters in general looking for an entertaining game.If you want all fans to travel your probs looking at membership in the couple of hundreds. As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 09:25 PM
We will at least have 6 members there next year. Only because we have seats near the jets tunnel so Gaz can hear our abuse first hand. One perk at least

scozzygt
31-05-2013, 09:41 PM

You need your mouth cleansed with a Johnny Reb.
:blah:

MFKS
31-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Mate if this is your true definition of a jets supporter don't be suprised to see 5000 as opposed to 12000 fans next year.A large % of family memberships are not die hard supporters as you believe yourself to be but just football supporters in general looking for an entertaining game.If you want all fans to travel your probs looking at membership in the couple of hundreds. As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.

I would be seriously surprised if we get 8000 Members next season. I just call these people who are gonna drop out what they are fairweather fans.

As for this "cvnt" I've had a good hard look at myself and nothing has changed.I have cancelled our family membership and will follow solo if I believe the football is worth watching.But really champ who the **** are you to say who is a supporter or not.

You do what you like I already have doubts on your sanity anyway. As for the last bit about who the **** am i to say who is a supporter or not.

My Opinion deal with it fairweather fan

GazFish35
31-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Love this "true fan" debate.
Really galvanizes the supporters together.

MFKS
31-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Not trying to start arguments.

Some of them around here need to be told that no matter how much the Circus GVE and Circus HSG fiasco continues to irritate them not to lose sight of the bigger picture.

It is going through the hard times that make the good times so much better

sammydog
31-05-2013, 11:58 PM

I thought the only true fans were the ones that made the first Sydney away trip. At least that was the story on the old forum.

seldom
01-06-2013, 12:11 AM
I would be seriously surprised if we get 8000 Members next season. I just call these people who are gonna drop out what they are fairweather fans.

You do what you like I already have doubts on your sanity anyway. As for the last bit about who the **** am i to say who is a supporter or not.

My Opinion deal with it fairweather fan

Mate I find out your true identity you'll realise just how insane I am. Dont normally fire up like this but queercvnts like you I love putin in their place. Please PM me with your details

MFKS
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Mate I find out your true identity you'll realise just how insane I am. Dont normally fire up like this but queercvnts like you I love putin in their place. Please PM me with your details

Internets serious business now is it???

seldom
01-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Internets serious business now is it???

Not really, just like you to call me a cvnt or insane to my face

MFKS
01-06-2013, 12:30 AM
i didn't call you a ****. You chose to associate yourself under the category I called ****s.

I never said you were insane I said I have doubts about your sanity.

Is reading/comprehension not one of your strong points cause you have gone off half cocked here. Go back and reread the last pages.

Glad to see you take the internet so seriously and have the keyboard warrior mentality:roflz:

seldom
01-06-2013, 12:32 AM
i didn't call you a ****. You chose to associate yourself under the category I called ****s.

I never said you were insane I said I have doubts about your sanity.

Is reading/comprehension not one of your strong points cause you have gone off half cocked here. Go back and reread the last pages.

Glad to see you take the internet so seriously and have the keyboard warrior mentality:roflz:

Keep laughing champ

traffic light
01-06-2013, 01:20 AM
You need your mouth cleansed with a Johnny Reb.

back the **** up douche

belchardo
01-06-2013, 09:03 AM
whoo! we've got a couple of new undercard fights!

Grimario
01-06-2013, 09:23 AM

It's easy. Just get on FB and call Kale rubbish, the Member is there within seconds to defend him. That's how I scouted him out. Then left dead kale in his letterbox (the salad leafy thing, not the player. duh).

GazFish35
01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Oh FFS this is worse than the local forum.
Cool your jets.
Or log off for a few days.

plague
01-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Not trying to start arguments.

This is quite possibly the most inaccurate statement ever said in the history of the internetz ever.

Also: everyone knows the RBB are the only real soccer fans in this country. You blokes should be more like them.

pistolpete
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM
whoo! we've got a couple of new undercard fights!

Possible but I have not officially sanctioned them. At this stage it is only handbags at 10 paces.

MFKS
01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
This is quite possibly the most inaccurate statement ever said in the history of the internetz ever.

Also: everyone knows the RBB are the only real soccer fans in this country. You blokes should be more like them.

Plague If I wanted to start an argument I would. This is just me being myself and sharing my natural gifts that somehow manage to upset some of the Natives.

Seldom should relax a little.

I can't work out why he gets so upset at my posts anyway. The bloke don't like me anyways but for some reason feels the urge to get fired up at me and feels the need hunt me down. Can't understand why he wastes so much energy/effort on me when he dislikes me so

Hopefully he was just a little tired and emotional or had too much too drink last night and can offer that up as a reason for his OTT outburst

plague
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Seldom should relax a little.

I dont know about that, I just saw him at the shops. still seems a bit annoyed.
http://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.gif

Besides, you do have a pretty decent ability to annoy people. You could learn to be a little more 'tactful' in your posts.

Anyway we are losing sight here.

Back on topic please.
Middleby OUT.

edit: I dont actually know Seldom or if he in fact looks anything like the manager of Club America, I just wanted to post that gif because it is truly amazing.

pv4
01-06-2013, 11:14 AM
cool your jets :rof:

parksey
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't mind a bit of THICK, not penis of course

why not?

militiamon
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Been a while since we've had irl fight challenges on the foz. Good for the game.

hawk
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
gve out everyone else in

scozzygt
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
back the **** up douche

:lol:
ok sweety!
:yay:

pv4
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Been a while since we've had irl fight challenges on the foz. Good for the game.

pistol vs super all over again :rof:

scozzygt
01-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Tuff, a tuff,:sparring:
bouncy, bouncy,bouncy,bouncy.
na, na , na , na.
bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy.
WATP, FGAU.

stretch
02-06-2013, 12:01 AM
pistol vs super all over again :rof:

The Huxley and Wilberforce of our time.

Blackmac79
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Think we are losing sight of the true enemy..

Rocknerd
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I thought the only true fans were the ones that made the first Sydney away trip. At least that was the story on the old forum.

The only true fans were the one of the 4,635 who were there on that terrible and fateful day in October 2006 when Newy went down 2-0 against Melbourne Victory and saw Theo fired and GVE placed into the Managers chair.

Mind you my wife and sister were there with me and they have just slightly above a passing interest in Football so what does that tell you about true fans?

Grimario
03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
The only true fans were the one of the 4,635 who were there on that terrible and fateful day in October 2006 when Newy went down 2-0 against Melbourne Victory and saw Theo fired and GVE placed into the Managers chair.

Mind you my wife and sister were there with me and they have just slightly above a passing interest in Football so what does that tell you about true fans?

Nah, true fans were there when Durante had his leg broken before the A-League even kicked off.

What a shit day that was. ****ing coasties. Disgraceful.

BodyNovo
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I thought hamma was the true fan and that was it.

No one shows more passion in goal celebrations. any bloke that has lost his beer or been knocked over will agree he is the definition of a true fan.

pv4
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
the only true fans are the ones who can remember the Miracle of Brisbane thread :wub: :brr: #lestweforget

03-06-2013, 11:12 AM

+1. Being an old Wollongong Wolves fan before moving to Newy i have a huge amount of respect for Theo. Still maintain to this day the Wolves victory over Glory was the most entertaining GF we have ever had in this country.

belchardo
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Nah, true fans were there when Durante had his leg broken before the A-League even kicked off.

What a shit day that was. ****ing coasties. Disgraceful.

yes! i am a true fan!

q-money
03-06-2013, 11:14 PM

i believe a certain forumite and myself went to the kent after that game and got on the woo woos that day was excellent

q-money
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
theo put together the best squad we ever had and ever will have

hawk
03-06-2013, 11:27 PM

He forgot to tell them to play, doh

scozzygt
04-06-2013, 09:12 PM
back the **** up douche

:sigh: who is breedin these keyboard OUTLAWS?

its time to head to tha clubhouse for debate.

furns
04-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I thought hamma was the true fan and that was it.

No one shows more passion in goal celebrations. any bloke that has lost his beer or been knocked over will agree he is the definition of a true fan.+1

being subjected to a hammalanche is the only true indicator of genuine fandom

Grimario
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
So, serious question for a moment...

Isn't GVE trying to implement the 4-2-3-1 that the national team plays and he learnt whilst at the AIS? While there were a fair few long balls last night, the HUGE difference I noticed is that McKay and Wilkshire were almost always within makeable passing distance for our centre backs.

Local Rules
05-06-2013, 12:14 PM

Isn't GVE trying to implement the 4-2-3-1 that the national team plays and he learnt whilst at the AIS? While there were a fair few long balls last night, the HUGE difference I noticed is that McKay and Wilkshire were almost always within makeable passing distance for our centre backs.

Maybe he should have stuck around at Lakes on Saturday because this is the formation Lakes played which totally frustrated the Jets Youth. Difference between what GVE is trying to do and what happened on Saturday is Turner could explain what he wanted and the players understood. Turner sold his team on the concept all GVE can sell is Pepsi

05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Coke > Pepsi GvE always trailing the field.

And by saying all he can sell is Pepsi you are assuming he always achieved budget, You are to kind.

MFKS
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Comparing how the NT Play with GVE is a bit harsh.

For a start last night Socceroos were never gonna be pushing on committing fullbacks forward and McKay and Wilkshire would have been ordered to limit runs forwards to limit counter attack opportunities.

Secondly the NT don't play the Dutch KNVB mantra 4-3-3 that has been swallowed hook line and sinker at FFA HQ

Thirdly our manager clearly has NFI what he is doing. See his continual omission of Kale yet he signs some hack who can't keep Dino Kressinger out of an HAL starting side

Onehunglow
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
[
Secondly the NT don't play the Dutch KNVB mantra 4-3-3 that has been swallowed hook line and sinker at FFA HQ

Love it!!! and all the headless coaches follow along like manna has arrived from (Dutch) heaven with the answers to how football is now played.

Grimario
05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Comparing how the NT Play with GVE is a bit harsh.

For a start last night Socceroos were never gonna be pushing on committing fullbacks forward and McKay and Wilkshire would have been ordered to limit runs forwards to limit counter attack opportunities.

Not sure what your point is. I am saying that a 4-2-3-1 like the NT played would work nicely if we implemented it the same way. But no, GVE prefers to play the 2-2-6 which means we are always found out on the counter.

GVE out.

btw, part of me hopes we sign Gameiro and Maclaren so Kale is pushed further down the pecking order and your head FINALLY explodes :p

MFKS
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Not sure what your point is. I am saying that a 4-2-3-1 like the NT played would work nicely if we implemented it the same way. But no, GVE prefers to play the 2-2-6 which means we are always found out on the counter.

GVE out.

btw, part of me hopes we sign Gameiro and Maclaren so Kale is pushed further down the pecking order and your head FINALLY explodes :p

We are found out on the counter as we don't have the players with the skill sets to keep the ball. We also have a problem in that our CM's rarely cover the CB's. We also have a problem as we don't move off the ball. Our idea of movement is to stand still in space

Grimario
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
We are found out on the counter as we don't have the players with the skill sets to keep the ball. We also have a problem in that our CM's rarely cover the CB's. We also have a problem as we don't move off the ball. Our idea of movement is to stand still in space

So as a coach and knowing the limitation of your players, would you continue throwing out the same shit every week or would you make some slight changes to account for the players ability or lack thereof?

It's not exactly rocket science.

Jeterpool
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM

But clearly the additions the year after of Denni, Jardel, Drovandi and Scott Tunbridge however pushed us over the line to the title the year after.

For those wondering as well, I'm leaving Laybutt out of the list above because that bloke actually could play alright.

MFKS
05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
If you had a Manager with intelligence and no ego they would do things as you suggested.

If you were an arrogant pigheaded my way or the highway type of guy you would keep banging your head against the wall trying to break through as we do.

Grimario
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
If you had a Manager with intelligence and no ego they would do things as you suggested.

If you were an arrogant pigheaded my way or the highway type of guy you would keep banging your head against the wall trying to break through as we do.

I feel as if we are arguing the same point which is the title of this thread. :gent:

plague
05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Formations FFS.
It's 11 v 11 innit?

If only Middleby could count to 11.

Middleby OUT.
GVE OUT.

Local Rules
05-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Formations FFS.
It's 11 v 11 innit?

If only Middleby could count to 11.

Middleby OUT.
GVE OUT.

He did when he had both hands in his pockets

snake
05-06-2013, 04:07 PM
rang up to cancel membership today, only to be told that since i wasn't a perpetual member that i couldn't and that i'd just have to not re-new

not only have the bastards disappointed me for 5 years, they didn't even give me the satisfaction of quitting ffs :oops: :oopsmiddleby: :oopsgve:

05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Victory after new CEO, happy to write Middleby a reference and offer a 2 for 1 deal. GVE might learn something from Ange.

q-money
05-06-2013, 05:49 PM
sif cancel membership snake, just go the ten buck a month route, honestly great, even when you don't pay your card still works (y)

Premy
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
rang up to cancel membership today, only to be told that since i wasn't a perpetual member that i couldn't and that i'd just have to not re-new

not only have the bastards disappointed me for 5 years, they didn't even give me the satisfaction of quitting ffs :oops: :oopsmiddleby: :oopsgve:

See ya. If in a few years were successful again don't come back and get a membership and call yourself a jets supporter

boz-monaut
05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
it's worth paying just to turn up and boo them

My2BobsWorth
05-06-2013, 06:07 PM
See ya. If in a few years were successful again don't come back and get a membership and call yourself a jets supporter
How many user names has the member got?

q-money
05-06-2013, 06:12 PM
:rof:

tbh i wasn't a member for years until they brought in the bargain basement prices, only a mug would pay through the nose for a substandard product

05-06-2013, 07:12 PM

A thousand.

snake
05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
sif cancel membership snake, just go the ten buck a month route, honestly great, even when you don't pay your card still works (y)

technically, i can't cancel :lulz:

Skirt Boy
05-06-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm not a member but get all the emails and shit. Why I don't know.

MFKS
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM

Wasn't me.

I don't believe in Multis.
I don't hold back on what I am saying or am afraid to voice an opinion to need them.

Grimario
06-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Member, you will be happy to know that I have re-signed up. Just me though, no missus. And GA this time, no fancy seated shit for me.

FaroeMassive
06-06-2013, 01:57 PM
it's worth paying just to turn up and boo them

+1

Love booing the Egg when his name is read out. Stupid twat smiles and waves to the crowd as if he was Sir Alex Ferguson and the crowd is waving back!

We're telling you to F@ck off you numptie!! FFS the bloke can't even interpret that right!

MFKS
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Member, you will be happy to know that I have re-signed up. Just me though, no missus. And GA this time, no fancy seated shit for me.

So you got the option to stand behind goals for $5 less than the option to sit in the stand??

Yet if you want for the extra $5 you can still go stand behind the goals if you want and use the GF for shelter in inclement weather??:wtf::roflz:

Grimario
06-06-2013, 02:02 PM
So you got the option to stand behind goals for $5 less than the option to sit in the stand??

Yet if you want for the extra $5 you can still go stand behind the goals if you want and use the GF for shelter in inclement weather??:wtf::roflz:

Nah man, we had just off halfway line western grandstand seats or something. Think I have just saved $80 on my membership and $190 on the missus.

Jeterpool
06-06-2013, 02:34 PM

MFKS - Jets new member recruitment officer :roflz: :gent:

06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
^ Bullshit , the Member needs to sort all issues with NBN State League before moving onto other jobs.

plague
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
How 'bout stopping the boats whilst you're at it Member.

06-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Secretary General for UN.

Just imagine his maiden speech commencing with :

Listen here all you c&nts

Jeterpool
06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I see it as a conflict of interest with the member being not only Kale's agent but now taking up his new role with the Jets Membership team.

bonjour imposteur
06-06-2013, 10:53 PM
¿Por qué no los dos?

belchardo
23-06-2013, 09:31 PM
i hope you're serious. i could do with a laugh.

halo se7en
23-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Congratulations for Gary Van Egmond for Australia's 1-1 draw against Columbia in the under-20 World Cup finals. As Craig Foster would put it, *jizz*.

We all know there are more Jets in the squad than players from any other club. The core of the Australia team is essentially a Newcastle team, plus a few hangers-on from other parts of the A-League, etc.

Australia's success is a reflection of GVE's genius. We praise him.

Welcome to the foz Gary.

pv4
23-06-2013, 09:52 PM
GCU were giving the next-gen the chances before GvE, tbf.

GvE may be "bold" but we can't forget that he couldn't even make a top 6 finals series in a top 10 comp this year - regardless of who he did or didn't play.

IMO I agree that Postecog is far from GvE-like genius. GvE is well below Ange - Ange has turned two different sides into top 3 material within a season, whilst GvE is entering his third season of this reign with not even a finals berth. Also, just because there wasn't a HUGE representation of MV in last nights squad doesn't mean Ange doesn't use youth. He relied pretty heavily on Rojas, Traore, Ansell & Galloway (who you forgot from that squad last night). Just because those guys aren't Australian, or in that squad from last night, doesn't mean he doesn't use youth. Maybe Ange didn't "unearth" any/many of those guys, particularly Rojas & Traore, but did GvE really "unearth" any of our guys? Taggart was highly rated at Perth, but was under Smeltz & Mehmet. Chapman had been rated one of the best young players in the World after his youth world cup. Brillante had plenty of runs in GCU's team. Hoole was the only one "unearthed" by GvE.

23-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the foz Gary.

NoMore09 , Couscous. Getting harder to keep up with all his different alias's.

stopper2
23-06-2013, 09:56 PM
^^^
Yeah I would say converting our best young local product in Hooley from an AM into a RB was a masterstroke from GVE!!!
Good to see that Okon sees it differently and has reinstated him back into a attacking role where he set up the goal with a sublime pass to young De Silva.

belchardo
23-06-2013, 09:58 PM
won't dispute GVE gives youth a go.

however...

We all know there are more Jets in the squad than players from any other club.

good stat. can't argue with that. don't see it's relevance though. GVE has merely used his contacts to secure some of the best young talent in the country. of the four, only one has come through the AIS i believe. regardless, i would argue these players have improved in spite of GVE.

The core of the Australia team is essentially a Newcastle team, plus a few hangers-on from other parts of the A-League, etc. ****ing lol. Brillante had a screamer, but think you probably need to watch the game again and see how the 16 year old did. no GVE magic there.

Australia's success is a reflection of GVE's genius. We praise him.

you get funnier and funnier each comment.
http://static-imgs-acf.hereisthecity.com/20110721////me_1023.jpg

even though i don't think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the simple fact of the matter is that GVE isn't employed by the jets to blood players for the under 20's socceroos (that actually happens to be okon's job). it's good when it happens, but his job description clearly involves taking a moderately unsuccessful team and turning them into an even more unsuccessful team. at least that must be the case, otherwise tinks would have fired him.

23-06-2013, 10:00 PM
And how many times did those blokes perform well enough to earn a spot the following but did not ?. Victims of GVE's obsessive tinkering.

belchardo
23-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the foz Gary.

NoMore09 , Couscous. Getting harder to keep up with all his different alias's.

actually, my money is on Emily VE.

Onehunglow
23-06-2013, 10:04 PM
To be fair, GVE has given these guys a shot and while NYJets were crap last year, this is a bright spot and if nothing else we can enjoy the progression and contribution these boys are making.

It's worth noting that Hoole is a local boy and doesn't need to have an "intstitute of whatever" on his CV to make a telling contribution on the international stage. He has, however, developed really well under the Jets coaching team.

If nothing else, the Jets boys will come home better players and maybe brighten up the tripe we had to endure at Hunter Stadium last season.

Premy
23-06-2013, 10:10 PM
To be fair, GVE has given these guys a shot and while NYJets were crap last year
They finished 3rd not far behind 2 very good CCM and Victory sides

Onehunglow
23-06-2013, 10:36 PM
They finished 3rd not far behind 2 very good CCM and Victory sides

sorry, typo, I meant NU Jets, as in senior team. (who were crap)

De-Champ
24-06-2013, 10:28 AM
It seems to me the young Jets can play when they are playing with others in the same age group. The real test (as was last year) is when they are playing against others that are more experienced than them. As was the case last year you cannot win the league with team team of kids, it will be the same this year, probably more so as most of the experienced guys have either left or been let go.

q-money
24-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

this is probably the most highbrow post on newcastlefootball.net, ever

Grimario
24-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Couscous, that has to be one of the biggest steaming pile of shit series of posts I have ever read on this forum.

Congrats to GVE for going with his youth policy... which has seen Brown, Virgili, Neville and Goodwin go backwards over the last season.
Let's ignore the fact that Taggart has played more times for the Young Socceroos and Socceroos in the last 12 months than for the Jets so clearly his development has had SFA to do with GVE.
Let's ignore the facts already presented regarding Chapman being touted as a massive prospect before GVE "unearthed" him.
And while we are busy praising GVE for unearthing gems, let's ignore the fact that Brillante was already doing the business at GCU before we poached him from their bloated corpse (or that could have just been Clive, not sure).

Yes, let's ignore all of that for a moment because it doesn't fit with your steaming pile of BS.

If GVE is so brilliant, how about he starts playing the brand of football his mouth claims to be dishing out but has never, ever been evident on the pitch? Loved watching a team with quick ball movement, fantastic off the ball runs by everyone and high pressing up the pitch by the front third. That's what GVE constantly drones on about but it hasn't happened yet under his regime.

Maybe next season...

Ha.

Grimario
24-06-2013, 10:40 AM
this is probably the most highbrow post on newcastlefootball.net, ever

Quoting poorly written works of fiction is hardly high brow.

24-06-2013, 10:48 AM
And lets ignore the fact GVE rated Jesic a bolter for Brazil. That one still cracks me up.

Lets face it, if the club had some lazy cash at the moment GVE would be back flogging soft drinks as a FMCG rep or at Centrelink signing up for Newstart.

q-money
24-06-2013, 10:49 AM
:rof:

pv4
24-06-2013, 11:29 AM
edit: nvm

plague
24-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm filthy I didn't think up a multi as good as this one.
Big cheers to whoever you are.

fwiw I had more to do with Hoole becoming a better player than GVE. (True story).
Grimario speaks truths.

Thomas477
24-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Quoting poorly written works of fiction is hardly high brow.

:lulz:

Rocknerd
24-06-2013, 03:27 PM
GVE can't be blamed for Neville's form. he needs to be blamed for signing him in the first place. Neville is a donkey.

Grimario
24-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Goodwin has not gone backwards. Just because he had a couple of good games at Heart doesn't mean he was always playing at that level. At the Jets, he's matured into a starting XI player, which he certainly wasn't in Melbourne.

No, I am talking about him starting out as someone people were talking about as a potential Socceroo player over the first 6 weeks of the season and then, through the wonderful (mis)management of GVE turned into a shadow of his early season self.

Yes, Brown suffered and Neville arguably faltered. Are you certain it was due to GVE specifically? Do footballers never have rough patches, that relate to their own mentality and their own limits, or to events in their personal lives? It's simpler to blame the coach for everything. I trust that Gary picked these players when they deserved it - based on their training performances, discipline and adherence to instructions - and left them out of the team when they didn't.
So GVE persisting with Brown for weeks on end despite being absolutely horrific and quite obviously unfit... because he trained well? End of the day, GVE rushed Brown back because we were underperforming and then persisted with him because he is a grade A ****wit who would never cop to making a mistake of that sort.

As for Taggart, he began to get more game time towards the end of last season. Yes, he's a potential star and I'm sure he's now an starting player. Why wasn't he playing in the first half of the season? I'm not going to pretend I know. My supposition is that, despite GVE's supportive comments when Heskey signed, Gary did not want the striker at all. Rather, the club forced Heskey on him and it unsettled the team's style completely. Who would you have dropped to accommodate Taggart? Ryu? No chance.
As pv4 said, GVE bemoaned our lack of target man season before last... we get the best one the league has ever seen yet he bitches about it interrupting our style of play? If we had a different big man up front, how exactly would things have been different? Oh, that's right, the few wins we got with Heskey as the decider would likely have been losses meaning we could battle it out for the spoon.

Why didn't Victory play the way Ange wanted them to play last season? Why didn't Roar play the way Rado wanted them to play? Why didn't Sydney play the way Frank wanted them to play? Things go wrong in football. I don't know what happened.
Wait, Victory weren't playing the way Ange wanted? I would have thought they were playing a shitload better than most sides and that would be because of Ange... As for Rado, he wasn't a good coach, kind of like the one we are lumped with.

But I know the Jets were the first in the A-League to play possession football consistently - under GVE. I believe we'll see a brilliants Jets this coming season.
Massive lols. If possession based play is ****ing about at the back for 60% of the game, GVE can pack his bags and take "possession football" with him.

Onehunglow
24-06-2013, 03:49 PM
But I know the Jets were the first in the A-League to play possession football consistently - under GVE. I believe we'll see a brilliants Jets this coming season.

Massive lols. If possession based play is ****ing about at the back for 60% of the game, GVE can pack his bags and take "possession football" with him.

I think he is referring to the first time around, when Mark Jones had a massive influence on them playing possession based football.

Grimario
24-06-2013, 03:53 PM

I think he is referring to the first time around, when Mark Jones had a massive influence on them playing possession based football.
Oh, right. Shit then, that's even worse... using success long past despite two years of ineptitude to give the guy a passing grade? **** me.

Onehunglow
24-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Hahah....... and the good lord said -"they have eyes to see, but see not"

24-06-2013, 04:26 PM
GvE's idea of posession based football is the keeper getting most touches.

Anyways Cousy my apologies for thinking you were GVE. The only person who thinks GvE is the right man for the job is Palmer.

So Troy it is.

scozzygt
24-06-2013, 09:04 PM
This has to be Australia.

GazFish35
24-06-2013, 10:39 PM
GvE's idea of posession based football is the keeper getting most touches.

Anyways Cousy my apologies for thinking you were GVE. The only person who thinks GvE is the right man for the job is Palmer.

So Troy it is.

Reminds me of that old GVE joke.

What's the difference between GVE and god?

God doesn't think he's GVE.

To be fair the bloke has copped some almighty unwarranted abuse lately.

seldom
24-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Couscous fvcken lol...more bites than a Tyson fight

Thomas477
25-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Such much hostility to one's own club; it's boggling.

Welcome to the foz, it's how we deal with the continual ineptness of our club. It's quite therapeutic once you get used to it.

Besides, if we're never happy with the club, it means we'll always expect more of our club, and hope that someday we reach it. No use being content with finishing 8/10, unless you like a pathetic club representing us.

militiamon
25-06-2013, 01:05 AM
I like Couscous. Keep posting pls.

vikingjet
25-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Couscous,

If I hand a pencil to Glenn Murcutt, he will draw some beautiful, context-relevant building. If I hand that same pencil to you, the outcome is more likely to be a square house with a curly line indicating smoke coming from the chimney (much like my daughter drew in every picture as a child).

It remains the same pencil. Like a cock, it is what you do with it that counts.

Okon has taken a bunch of promising young players and got them playing some sparkling football. It is fast and neat. The players run into space and the ball is played in reverse and forward angles. GVE has these same kids playing 'passies' across the backline. Talent needs structure and strategy.

Zico
25-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Couscous,

If I hand a pencil to Glenn Murcutt, he will draw some beautiful, context-relevant building. If I hand that same pencil to you, the outcome is more likely to be a square house with a curly line indicating smoke coming from the chimney (much like my daughter drew in every picture as a child).

Okon has taken a bunch of promising young players and got them playing some sparkling football. It is fast and neat. The players run into space and the ball is played in reverse and forward angles. GVE has these same kids playing 'passies' across the backline. Talent needs structure and strategy.
Great post

Grimario
25-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Couscous,

:wub: