Jeterpool
25-06-2013, 01:09 PM
:popcorn:

belchardo
25-06-2013, 01:27 PM
best quote ever. bar none.

belchardo
25-06-2013, 01:28 PM
and welcome back VJ. i take it the paddle steamer is back in town.

The Dunster
25-06-2013, 02:20 PM
GVE is using the wrong pencils.

I'd always pictured GVE as a crayon type of bloke.

Who'd have known ?

Grimario
25-06-2013, 02:21 PM
It's GVE, I fully expect him to be using crayons... maybe even finger painting.

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 03:55 PM
GVE = mr squiggle
Okon = macgyver

Jeterpool
25-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I hope you all haven't scared Couscous off. This debate was certainly livening up a dull off season.

26-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Then give him a job Ange and let us move on.

GazFish35
26-06-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm astounded at the shit they cop from many Jets fans, who seem blind to their ability.

To be fair, the players dont cop much from the fans. It's mostly Gve.

Imyourhero
26-06-2013, 01:23 AM
To be fair, the players dont cop much from the fans. It's mostly Gve.

Except Gallaway....fkn Gallaway.

FaroeMassive
26-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Couscous you can't have it both ways.

You can't praise the coach for good performances/results and then in the next breathe say it's not his fault at all for the rubbish performances/results.

Why is 2011/12 allowed to be a right off? In 2006/07 GVE took over after 7 matches and took them to the Prelim Final. 2011/12 he took over after 3 matches, failed to do any better than Branko.

Quite simply, a lot of people didn't believe GVE was any good the first time around despite some good results. 2006/07 99% will admit he did a very good job, 2007/08 despite winning it he made some odd signings, team selections were strange and people started to ask questions. Then in 08/09 his man-management was terrible and it's all been downhill from there.

He's come back preaching this and that and has failed to deliver. Team performances on the whole are poor and do not reflect what he preaches and his man-managment and ability to sign players and in particular visa players is horrendous.

GVE did not unearth, Goodwin, Chapman, Brillante etc. They were already known young prospects. Anybody can offer a youngster first team opportunities and then play them willy nilly.

GVE is blinded by his own ego. It's ok to believe in yourself, but when your ego makes you make decisions purely to prove that your the boss then you have a problem.

A good majority of the players hate him and performances this season will not improve. Another 7th or 8th for the Jets.

Premy
26-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Except Gallaway....fkn Gallaway.

Think your confused with Neville? Gallaway looked impressive until he got injured

Jeterpool
26-06-2013, 09:03 AM
I should say that I'm not a Jets fan. I'm a Victory fan. Nor do I live in Newy.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I struggle to comprehend why a Victory fan would care what a group of Jets fans sitting behind a keyboard think about their coach? Our concerns about our management team have nil impact on your team.

You don't hear what a lot of us in local football circles hear

Try walk a mile in our shoes over the last few years and maybe you'll understand our frustration.

belchardo
26-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I struggle to comprehend why a Victory fan would care what a group of Jets fans sitting behind a keyboard think about their coach?

this.

let's just all agree that couscous has done a very good job of winding a lot of people up and move on.

Wilso8948
26-06-2013, 09:31 AM
The Jets are my favourite team. But I'm a Victory fan. It's too late to switch.

Da fuq??

:sigh:

pv4
26-06-2013, 09:33 AM
By the way, where's the Okon Out thread?

Okon hasn't singlehandedly ruined a towns football team for a couple of years, and pushed away hundreds-thousands of members yet. So he's still got a while before he gets his own thread.

By the way was it GvE's guidance that led to the Young Socceroos being beaten by minnows El Salvador?

plague
26-06-2013, 10:10 AM
By the way, where's the Okon Out thread?

Protocol states there must be a 'Okon In' thread before anyone is allowed to start a 'Okon out' thread.

and before you ask, yes there was a 'GVE in' thread but it didn't really get much traffic and has slipped down the pecking order somewhat.

Onehunglow
26-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Okon hasn't singlehandedly ruined a towns football team for a couple of years, and pushed away hundreds-thousands of members yet. So he's still got a while before he gets his own thread.

By the way was it GvE's guidance that led to the Young Socceroos being beaten by minnows El Salvador?

And Brillante used a well worn GVE excuse after the game. "We had some a lot of possession but couldn't deliver in the final third"

Jeterpool
26-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Protocol states there must be a 'Okon In' thread before anyone is allowed to start a 'Okon out' thread.

and before you ask, yes there was a 'GVE in' thread but it didn't really get much traffic and has slipped down the pecking order somewhat.

Think that was on Old Foz

furns
26-06-2013, 05:28 PM

Wrong. Only protocol that exists on nf.net is known as The Slobs Directive

plague
26-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Wrong. Only protocol that exists on nf.net is known as The Slobs Directive

Sorry, my mistake.
Should have referred to it as more of a 'gentlemans agreement' in that whenever someone starts something, the immediate reaction is to oppose it.

You know, kind of like whenever MFKS posts anything.

MFKS
27-06-2013, 09:29 AM
So Plague if I start a GVE in Thread the weight of public opinion will turn and GVE will be lauded as some sort of misunderstood prophet who ACTUALLY knows what he is doing and will be proved right by leading us up the table as we thump teams and play with style and pomp rivaling Barca??

**** it is that easy!!!:violin:

plague
27-06-2013, 02:00 PM
So Plague if I start a GVE in Thread the weight of public opinion will turn and GVE will be lauded as some sort of misunderstood prophet who ACTUALLY knows what he is doing and will be proved right by leading us up the table as we thump teams and play with style and pomp rivaling Barca??

**** it is that easy!!!:violin:

Nah it's more about you disagreeing with everything just to stir the shit.
Which, to be fair, you're quite good at.
and it's a frigging long off season so why not eh?

Jeterpool
27-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Nah it's more about you disagreeing with everything just to stir the shit.
Which, to be fair, you're quite good at.
and it's a frigging long off season so why not eh?

Oh...and Middleby out???

Captain Obvious
27-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh...and Middleby out???

Hello to you too.

Porett
06-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Geez. If it wasn't for the fact that this forum actually has traffic, I woulda guessed it was a Marinators site. Such much hostility to one's own club; it's boggling.

If your foot has Gangrene and you cut it off, it's not hostility to your foot. You cut it off or it will kill you. In this analogy GVE is the gangrene. Or the foot. Whichever one we would horribly disfigure ourselves to be rid of, that's him.

plague
06-07-2013, 09:54 AM
If your foot has Gangrene and you cut it off, it's not hostility to your foot. You cut it off or it will kill you. In this analogy GVE is the gangrene. Or the foot. Whichever one we would horribly disfigure ourselves to be rid of, that's him.

Our chief surgeon, Dr Middleby, just gave the gangrenous foot a year 3 extension in case it gets better.

MFKS
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
After watching the Jets Yoof this arvo MINUS KALE I was able to take it all in without the KB Fapfest goggles on

THE **** NEEDS TO GO.

5 million passes back and forth the field trying to open up space and when they got a bit of room they refused to play a pass that would trouble the opponent as it was more important to retain possession than risk losing the ball in the attacking 3rd. KIds barely had a shot at goal.

If the ****s actually ran off the ball or you could see some form of a concept being developed you could persevere. All I see is some ideological misunderstanding of some KNVB course the **** has taken when the idea of football is to ACTUALLY score ****ing goals

**** THIS **** OFF

evolution
06-07-2013, 08:10 PM
After watching the Jets Yoof this arvo MINUS KALE I was able to take it all in without the KB Fapfest goggles on

THE **** NEEDS TO GO.

5 million passes back and forth the field trying to open up space and when they got a bit of room they refused to play a pass that would trouble the opponent as it was more important to retain possession than risk losing the ball in the attacking 3rd. KIds barely had a shot at goal.

If the ****s actually ran off the ball or you could see some form of a concept being developed you could persevere. All I see is some ideological misunderstanding of some KNVB course the **** has taken when the idea of football is to ACTUALLY score ****ing goals

**** THIS **** OFF

Pretty much this.

The goalkeeper had the ball at his feet much more than any of the forwards did. Even when the Jets Youth got a free kick in the opposition half the ball was played back to the bloke between the sticks. Swancott could have set up a hammock and went for a snooze and I still doubt the Youth would have trouble the scorers.

The only interesting part of the game for me was that I was sitting directly behind Disco Stu and Goodwin. The U/23 coach (who I think is James Pascoe) said to Stu "Still persisting with that ****ing shit system" to which Stu replied with a disgruntled "Yeah".

Was also interesting hearing Stu talk about Arnie's pre-season methods with the gypos, definitely no dragging tyres up sand hills. Two "football sessions" a week (all ball work), couple of beach mornings and a few rounds of golf. Arnie's way of thinking is that he didn't want them to peak too early, and that it would be about round 6-8 when they started hitting form. The fact that we beat them in round 2 and finished 8th while they won the ****ing GF shows he's probably right!

Jeterpool
06-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Pretty much this.

The goalkeeper had the ball at his feet much more than any of the forwards did. Even when the Jets Youth got a free kick in the opposition half the ball was played back to the bloke between the sticks. Swancott could have set up a hammock and went for a snooze and I still doubt the Youth would have trouble the scorers.

The only interesting part of the game for me was that I was sitting directly behind Disco Stu and Goodwin. The U/23 coach (who I think is James Pascoe) said to Stu "Still persisting with that ****ing shit system" to which Stu replied with a disgruntled "Yeah".

Was also interesting hearing Stu talk about Arnie's pre-season methods with the gypos, definitely no dragging tyres up sand hills. Two "football sessions" a week (all ball work), couple of beach mornings and a few rounds of golf. Arnie's way of thinking is that he didn't want them to peak too early, and that it would be about round 6-8 when they started hitting form. The fact that we beat them in round 2 and finished 8th while they won the ****ing GF shows he's probably right!

Thanks. Great post

evolution
06-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks. Great post

Only taken me a year!

Jeterpool
06-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Only taken me a year!

Better than peaking early in the season mate :lulz:

06-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Goose did not die after all.

plague
06-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Goose did not die after all.

Very nice 380.

Tiny_Tim
27-07-2013, 06:34 PM
GVE can't be blamed for Neville's form. he needs to be blamed for signing him in the first place. Neville is a donkey.

Neville does his best. So wat if he has a bit of bad patch? cocknerd

My2BobsWorth
27-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Tim's back

27-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Neville does his best. So wat if he has a bit of bad patch? cocknerd

Thats just the point Tiny. Neville's best is not good enough. Only ever seen two donkeys that can talk, the one in Shrek and Neville.

Tiny_Tim
28-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Thats just the point Tiny. Neville's best is not good enough. Only ever seen two donkeys that can talk, the one in Shrek and Neville.

I dont gettit.

Porett
09-08-2013, 01:43 PM
I dont gettit.

You may just be slower than Neville.

MFKS
24-08-2013, 08:50 PM
After tonights shit this thread needs some more impetus.

Picking Joey Gibbs over Kale

YOU ****ING GOOSE:banghead:

halo se7en
24-08-2013, 08:55 PM
After tonights shit this thread needs some more impetus.

Picking Joey Gibbs over Kale

YOU ****ING GOOSE:banghead:

+1

He did absolutely NOTHING tonight to make me think he has anymore of a clue than last season.

furns
25-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Kale has played how much A-League again?

Grimario
25-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Kale has played how much A-League again?

Exactly. He hasn't been shit for another club before getting the opportunity to be shit for us. Why aren't we giving our youth a chance to be shit for us bringing in players that failed elsewhere?

furns
25-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Because the main issue with our team last season was too much youth and not enough experienced heads.
Gibbs has at least has played at HAL level.

We have thrown enough youth into the deep end imo and will look much better once Burns, Heskey, Aliens, etc enter the mix
Am not saying they are he answer to all our issues, but christ people its effing preseason. The season doesnt start until October, now is the time to try things without worrying about results.

halo se7en
25-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Because the main issue with our team last season was too much youth and not enough experienced heads.

We have thrown enough youth into the deep end imo and will look much better once Burns, Heskey, Aliens, etc enter the mix
Am not saying they are he answer to all our issues, but christ people its effing preseason. The season doesnt start until October, now is the time to try things without worrying about results.

So if we're trying things without worrying about results, why not give Kale half a game against A-league opposition? Instead of giving a full game to Gibbs who did nothing. I thought Kale did ok against the NBN Select team at Edgy, whereas Gibbs looked lost.

Maito Mitch
25-08-2013, 10:06 AM
:gent:
The season doesnt start until October, now is the time to try things without worrying about results.

GVE has had TWO WHOLE YEARS! to get the team to play how he wants and to gel together and there has been no improvement at all. We still look disjointed, we still don't seem to know how to play through teams consistently rather than hoof long balls which is pretty important in a possession based game, we still entirely rely on Heskey and our best performer by a mile is still our goalkeeper.

Dont worry though, still 2 months to go. It's only pre season :gent:

The Dunster
25-08-2013, 10:07 AM
but christ people its effing preseason. The season doesnt start until October, now is the time to try things without worrying about results.

GVE has had two years or so to try shit out and his shit aint working. By now he should have either purchased the players required to play a system of his choosing or to have chosen a system suitable for the players he has available to him.

He's failed on both accounts.

pv4
25-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I didn't get to see the wellington game but imo there's absolutely no excuse, partiularly this early, to be losing to wellington. Wellington are a side who have booted somewhere around 10 players, gotten a brand new coach, and have only had him for a month or so. Wellington are in the excuse-zone that GVE milked for more than a year ffs. Were we even mildly convincing?

The problem with a bad preseason is gve is going to use it as an excuse to why the season will start so poorly. It's almost dejavu from last season. Expect virgili to score a solitary goal v ccm in tamworth and everyone to think the season will be saved. And we'll be as shit as last year, again

boz-monaut
25-08-2013, 12:23 PM
so how many games until GVE gets the sack and Bridges takes over as caretaker manager?

Grimario
25-08-2013, 12:26 PM
GVE has had two years or so to try shit out and his shit aint working.

GVE has had TWO WHOLE YEARS! to get the team to play how he wants and to gel together and there has been no improvement at all.

Maito Mitch = Dunster's sock? :gent:

Or everyone is coming to the same conclusions, finally. GVE is a dud. Watch us get pumped by a bunch of 30+ year olds at Sydney on the opening weekend and GVE magically disappear to a job with the Indonesian Institute of Sports or something.

Raw Boned Youngster
25-08-2013, 01:18 PM
The biggest mystery is how this nerdish dweeb has hoodwinked people for so long.

Unfortuntately it is now appears to be a matter of bucks with Tinks unlikely to want to pay him out.

sammydog
25-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Unfortuntately it is now appears to be a matter of bucks with Tinks unlikely to want to pay him out.

I think that is probably the issue unless he walks.

militiamon
25-08-2013, 02:15 PM
so how many games until GVE gets the sack and Bridges takes over as caretaker manager?

Bookmarking this post so it will be easily accessible when the time comes.

MFKS
25-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Kale's efforts
NBN last season in a decent side 20 odd goals in 20 games
NYL last season 16 goals in about 18 games when he played second fiddle to the likes of Taggart Jesic Bridges and co
NBN this season in a shit side 14 goals in 15 and a half games

Now as far as I am concerned the kid deserves a chance in these HAL warm up games at the minimum. On another note our dickhead of a manager should be giving chances to NEWY players within his set up who are doing the business rather than wasting a squad spot on a GYPO hack that can't usurp Dino Kressinger. We carried Oxborrow in the HAL squad last season and I would sure as hell rather we had Kale who may bag some goals if given a chance in the squad rather than this Gypo Tryhard who could not score in a brothel.

As for it only being pre season. :wtf: I couldn't give two ****s at all that we lost last night. I don't really care about winning these games unlike some people.

What I do give two ****s about is that now I have seen a few efforts and I see no reasons at all to say we are improving.
We are as banally shithouse with NFI as we were the last 2 years under Egg and even if we signed Messi and Cr7 we would still be shit. The same problems we had last year are not rectified and haven't been attempted to be rectified.

$3.75 we are paying for the spoon and we are over priced in my opinion

On another note your mate could relieve us of this impending disaster right now by firing the goose if he was a top notch CEO. As he isn't 6 weeks in to the season and you can bet your arse that GVE's head will be on the chopping block when the same shit gets dished up again.

furns
25-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I am not saying that GVE hasnt been given enough chances, and I am not saying he wont be under the microscope. In fact I have said it publicly to anyone who has asked (and on podcasts etc) that I think GVE will be lucky to survive before Xmas if things continue as they are.
I am however saying that people are getting too negative regarding preseason results especially when he is trying different systems and making wholesale changes in each half. And that we have five or six first team players who havent even played yet.

pv4
25-08-2013, 05:50 PM
What I'll be most interested in is if Middleby has set this thing up so gve needs to perform by x amount of games or he's out, who they have lined up for his potential replacement. Gve came in what 3 games into that first season and hsg were talking about how disruptive it was and blah blah blah. Why are they making the same mistake again then?

sammydog
25-08-2013, 05:55 PM
On another note your mate could relieve us of this impending disaster right now by firing the goose if he was a top notch CEO. As he isn't 6 weeks in to the season and you can bet your arse that GVE's head will be on the chopping block when the same shit gets dished up again.

Its easy to say the CEO should fire him (after last season I wanted GVE removed) but this could be completely out of the CEO's hands. If HSG don't want to put up the cash to pay GVE out, it wont happen. If you were in the CEO's shoes, with no cash from the owners to remove the incumbent, how would you do it?

MFKS
25-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Its easy to say the CEO should fire him (after last season I wanted GVE removed) but this could be completely out of the CEO's hands. If HSG don't want to put up the cash to pay GVE out, it wont happen. If you were in the CEO's shoes, with no cash from the owners to remove the incumbent, how would you do it?

Ask the supporters for a whip around. Should cover the bill pretty quick

MFKS
25-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I am not saying that GVE hasnt been given enough chances, and I am not saying he wont be under the microscope. In fact I have said it publicly to anyone who has asked (and on podcasts etc) that I think GVE will be lucky to survive before Xmas if things continue as they are.
I am however saying that people are getting too negative regarding preseason results especially when he is trying different systems and making wholesale changes in each half. And that we have five or six first team players who havent even played yet.

Who are these 5-6 first team players you are talking about??

Heskey Burns Jaliens is 3. Don't include Josh Mitchell James Brown and BK in your 6. Last night we had a lot of players that will be in our first choice squad.
Zads Kanta Birraz Taggart Brillante will all be in the squad somewhere in RD 1. Goodwin came on at HT. Chilli Taylor Regan and Hoole may even get spots with how they are going so it is hardly an experimental team.

There were no wholesale changes from GVE last night I think he only made 2 maybe 3 subs . There was no massive tactical gambles. We played the usual 4-3-3 and other than hoof the ball long a bit more often than usual I noticed no great tactical maneuvers being pulled. We dished up the same shit again and will continue to dish up the same shit again all season

furns
25-08-2013, 06:38 PM
You are correct that Heskey Burns and Jaliens is 3
However Mitchell, Chapman, Caravella and Brown were all first teamers last season so you cant just arbitrarily discount them to suit your own argument
They will all be in the mix for the first team, whether you want them or not
Zads also only came back from the UK a fortnight ago, so he is still nowhere near 100% either

Reports from the last couple of preseason games (including the one I attended at Bonnyrigg) was that we have been trying a 343 as well as 433, along with shifting around various players to play behind a striker (Gibbs)

MFKS
25-08-2013, 06:52 PM
You are correct that Heskey Burns and Jaliens is 3
However Mitchell, Chapman, Caravella and Brown were all first teamers last season so you cant just arbitrarily discount them to suit your own argument
They will all be in the mix for the first team, whether you want them or not
Zads also only came back from the UK a fortnight ago, so he is still nowhere near 100% either

Reports from the last couple of preseason games (including the one I attended at Bonnyrigg) was that we have been trying a 343 as well as 433, along with shifting around various players to play behind a striker (Gibbs)

Caravella came on last night and done nothing. I think you will find him behind Zads/Kanta/Brillante for midfield roles anyway

Chapman has been already involved in a few preseason games but sat out last night so it ain't like he hasn't been sighted.

I will discount Mitchell as a first teamer cause he ain't. Chapman and Jaliens will be ahead of him definitely and Taylor will be also assuming the Egg doesn't have him running laps still for that incident in Wellington.

Brown is too far behind the others physically to get a realistic look in at the start of the season but who knows with our overlord

Those who went last night will confirm there was no massive tactical tweakings and it stayed more or less the same predictable way all game

Imyourhero
25-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Ffs get this joker out!

plague
25-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Ffs get this joker out!

The Member or GVE?

plague
25-08-2013, 11:04 PM

6-8 I'd say.

Imyourhero
26-08-2013, 12:11 AM
The Member or GVE?

gve out!

GazFish35
26-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Nice use of the word "arbitrarily" Furns.

26-08-2013, 12:47 AM
We could always hope for GVE to be summoned to Singapore on the day of the season launch.

Pico
26-08-2013, 08:46 AM
We could always hope for GVE to be summoned to Singapore on the day of the season launch.

I used up those hopes with the Singapore sixes.

plague
26-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Furns raises a valid point here.
but what concerns me most is that if the fans can get back up to form with our snarky comments, hysterical critisism and over the top outrage, why the **** does it take so long for the players and coaches to get back to their best?

Jesus, some of us even only do this stuff part time, the players have 24/7.

q-money
26-08-2013, 11:25 AM
and now they've got a week off ffs!

get the ****ing tyres out dutchy these blokes are going up the dunes

BodyNovo
26-08-2013, 11:37 AM
surely if dodd was in charge none of this would be happening.

Local Rules
26-08-2013, 11:47 AM
and now they've got a week off ffs!

get the ****ing tyres out dutchy these blokes are going up the dunes

We don't want to overwork the players so they will be ready for the gruelling A-league season that is so long. Iirc when Man Utd were here they trained twice a day each day of their trip as well as doing media work and playing the Aleague No Stars and this was less then a month before the kickoff of the EPL. Unless GVE and the Wonderous Mr Dodd are planning on having them work this hard after the break and actually playing for more then a token 45 minutes then the Jest will hit their peak fitness about round 7 which will be just in time to say goodbye to GVE in round 8.

26-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Then lets just start the comp at round 8 and be done with the pubic haired head WOFTAM.

MFKS
26-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Then lets just start the comp at round 8 and be done with the pubic haired head WOFTAM.

7 Losses at a token 3-0 for a forfeit would leave us

P 7 W 0 D 0 L 7 F 0 A 21 Pts 0

I am thinking we should take that deal now as I doubt come rd 8 we will be in as good a shape

Blackmac79
26-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I think we should give GVE more time.

Afterall he did win the league.

seldom
26-08-2013, 06:21 PM

thought this was the GVE out thread

26-08-2013, 06:27 PM

And Holden won Wheels car of the year with the Camira. At some point in time everybody ass's something.

pv4
26-08-2013, 06:42 PM

:rof:

Blackmac79
26-08-2013, 07:55 PM
should also mention that I really enjoy the style of football we are playing. It really sits well with my life ethos.

Jeterpool
26-08-2013, 10:49 PM
should also mention that I really enjoy the style of football we are playing. It really sits well with my life ethos.

What would that be? Play around with it round the back, build up slowly, spread it wide before going for the goal but lose it all with the wrong decision in front of the goal? :gent:

q-money
26-08-2013, 10:56 PM

Blackmac79
27-08-2013, 03:04 PM
No I just strive for mediocrity in everything I do. "Peas make degrees"

plague
27-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Hey guys, just doing some research. It seems I can't find any record of GVE having a massive blowup and freezing out our new import yet. Can anyone confirm this?
I just feel like we are getting behind in our perpetration if he hasn't pissed off the new bloke yet.
Anyone seen Kew doing laps? Playing with the kids?
Anything?

Ta.

joel31
27-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Hey guys, just doing some research. It seems I can't find any record of GVE having a massive blowup and freezing out our new import yet. Can anyone confirm this?
I just feel like we are getting behind in our perpetration if he hasn't pissed off the new bloke yet.
Anyone seen Kew doing laps? Playing with the kids?
Anything?

Ta.
If u take Heskey and Bridges out of the picture. Kew plays with kids every session with the "1st" team

27-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Its all just a little too much double dutch.

So " obviously " f^&k off Gary and give as a chance to get a coach who can actually put the white board shit into reality.

MFKS
27-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Have heard a story about the Jets preparing to white ant our Gary.

Have heard a story that Jets officials have put GVE on notice results early this season are required or the door will be shown.

Have heard a story that the Jets have approached a bloke by the name of Brian Brown to take over when the shit hits the fan. No not the bloke who starred with Tom Cruise in Cocktail but the BWE coach

GazFish35
27-09-2013, 11:57 AM
I bet you hope the guys at the herald are reading this member.

Do know Bian Brown's views on Kale?

MFKS
27-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I bet you hope the guys at the herald are reading this member.

Do know Bian Brown's views on Kale?

If the Herald are reporting this then they are idiots. They can at least find some decent sauces

http://www.nswpl.com.au/typo3temp/pics/610ce862df.jpg

Looks a heavy set type of fella so he don't look like he even eats much salad let lone Kale

russjaybee
27-09-2013, 12:14 PM
You've done very well there mfks, very well indeed.

Jeterpool
27-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Have heard a story about the Jets preparing to white ant our Gary.

Have heard a story that Jets officials have put GVE on notice results early this season are required or the door will be shown.

Have heard a story that the Jets have approached a bloke by the name of Brian Brown to take over when the shit hits the fan. No not the bloke who starred with Tom Cruise in Cocktail but the BWE coach

Does Mr Brown also have the belief that the goalkeeper is the modern libero?

Jeterpool
27-09-2013, 12:26 PM
If the Herald are reporting this then they are idiots. They can at least find some decent sauces

http://www.nswpl.com.au/typo3temp/pics/610ce862df.jpg

Looks a heavy set type of fella so he don't look like he even eats much salad let lone Kale

Credit where it's due. Well done.

GazFish35
27-09-2013, 12:28 PM

You haven't been round here long have you!

militiamon
27-09-2013, 01:12 PM

:yap:

plague
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
^bump

Might be needing this thread again soon.

goaliepersempre
11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
yup.....

Grimario
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi guys.

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
**** me, that was quick

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:23 PM
^bump

Might be needing this thread again soon.
Hang on when did we ever stop needing it.

plague
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Hang on when did we ever stop needing it.
I just bumped it for easy access.

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I just bumped it for easy access.

Maybe "Sticky" it?

Porett
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
****ing hell. How ****ing bad is this going to get when we come up against someone that can play. GVE out now. Okon in.

northern_swan
11-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm still on the GVE OUT train. **** me we are honking

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm in. Never out TBH

Grimario
11-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Same. Was never off it. Think it's been my tag on whirlpool and my bio on Twitter since Christmas last year :(

Pico
11-10-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm still on the GVE OUT train. **** me we are honking
what are you talking about we have no weaknesses, other then defending, tackling, passing, moving, communicating, recruitment, tactics, apart from those no weaknesses at all, top 4 here we come.

we do have a kick arse kit, we'll still suck, but at least we'll look class doing it.

Porett
11-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Don't worry any good patch will pass quickly (unlike us) and then normal shit service will resume

Grimario
11-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Gve in. Dominating possession, 60%. Possession is what counts!

plague
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
what are you talking about we have no weaknesses, other then defending, tackling, passing, moving, communicating, recruitment, tactics, apart from those no weaknesses at all, top 4 here we come.

we do have a kick arse kit, we'll still suck, but at least we'll look class doing it.

don't forget our cheap season tickets.

boz-monaut
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
you guys would see the silver lining in a mushroom cloud

Grimario
11-10-2013, 10:25 PM
don't forget our cheap season tickets.

Should play in it home and away if that's going to be our season highlight.

Pico
11-10-2013, 10:34 PM

wouldn't have to put up with GVE and his system, bring on the mushroom cloud.

russjaybee
11-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Outta here.

Porett
11-10-2013, 11:12 PM
How long does this clown have left on his contract ? It's the same old shit. We are not improving, that was the same ****ing trollup he served up last season and it's just not ****ing good enough. Nobody wants to watch it. If they don't piss him off after that display then they never will. How ****ing long do we have to wait this prick out ?

Hiratio_Hufnagel
11-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Got milk? Toby in, the turd on the supporters bus managed better than GVE tonight

howardyou
11-10-2013, 11:49 PM

They tend to be brighter Boz....

MFKS
12-10-2013, 03:26 AM
Only took 56 mins for the first We want Gary Out chant of the season

Got umpteen renditions after that right up to FT

joel31
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't think it was his fault last night. Goals came from 2 mistakes. Our attackers all were terrible. Burns in particular did a poor job at number 10. Our passing lacked accuracy. The only things GVE could have done was instructed more attacking movement and higher tempo

Grimario
12-10-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't think it was his fault last night. Goals came from 2 mistakes. Our attackers all were terrible. Burns in particular did a poor job at number 10. Our passing lacked accuracy. The only things GVE could have done was instructed more attacking movement and higher tempo

Unbelievable.

Grimario
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
To elaborate...

- Which of the signings making the mistakes was not signed by GVE? They are his cattle now, his team selection, his responsibility.
- Given we are into our third season of his rubbish, why would you think he wants them playing a higher tempo? Why do you think he wants more attacking movements? Obviously it might be a good thing but surely another season of identical excuses (dominated possession, lacked cutting edge in final third, good experience for younger lads, good engines etc) makes it pretty obvious that he doesn't actually know how to put what his mouth says into practice?
- slobs

q-money
12-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Sideline
12-10-2013, 05:09 PM
f%$k yeah 60.6% possession

The Dunster
12-10-2013, 06:00 PM
It's the one size fits all situations tactics that kills us. As others have said when the opposition sit back and stay compact we don't have a hope in hell of scoring a goal.

Gary has no plan B. For him it is a blind game of chess.

Thomas477
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
I can see why we didn't want to sign Marcos Flores. 15 minutes in and he's already played 2 killer passes and almost scored off a free kick.

ffs.

furns
12-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I can see why we didn't want to sign Marcos Flores. 15 minutes in and he's already played 2 killer passes and almost scored off a free kick.

ffs.doesnt have good engines etc

recycle the excuses we heard re not signing Smeltz

plague
14-10-2013, 12:59 PM
"Hi, my name is Gary and I got outcoached by Frank Farina last week".

joel31
14-10-2013, 04:55 PM
"Hi, my name is Gary and I got outcoached by Frank Farina last week".
Pretty sure Rado does all the tactical stuff at Sydney

militiamon
21-10-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm sorry Gary, I was once your biggest fan (and probably still am by the looks of things), but it's simply not working.
I can respect what he's trying to do. I 100% agree with his philosophy, but for whatever reason the implementation of said philosophy has gone terribly wrong, and after two seasons of shit results I can't see that changing.

pv4
21-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm sorry Gary, I was once your biggest fan (and probably still am by the looks of things), but it's simply not working.
I can respect what he's trying to do. I 100% agree with his philosophy, but for whatever reason the implementation of said philosophy has gone terribly wrong, and after two seasons of shit results I can't see that changing.

Tbh I always saw Militia on par with how Robbie Middleby thought. As in, the moment that Militia came around to realizing how bad GVE was, that's when I thought RM would do similar. Let's hope I was right, we could see GVE out by COB today

Leftback at Home
21-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Phil Dando on ABC "Unless you're playing in La Liga or the EPL, you're not good enough to play out from the back".

21-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think there is any doubt that if the funds were available GVE would be gone by now. RM can spin it any way he likes but that is the reason.

I also think in parts to get rid of GVE early would be an admission that bringing back GVE and then extending him by an additional season was a complete and utter balls up, another RM would have been a party to.

IMO GVE is coaching to save two careers at the club , himself and RM's. RM has presided over to many poor decisions and wasted plenty of money on the back of those decisions.

Maito Mitch
21-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Phil Dando on ABC "Unless you're playing in La Liga or the EPL, you're not good enough to play out from the back".

That's just not true. Thinking like that will stop the development of the league.

I seem to recall Brisbane being pretty ok at it for a couple of years not long ago????

russjaybee
21-10-2013, 10:48 AM

If that's a direct quote then Dando's an idiot.

The Baby Piglet
21-10-2013, 11:20 AM
^^ Can confirm this, was listening to ABC radio when dando made this comment. IMO this is why australian football is in the current state it is. We have very few if any creative players coming out of australia, we seem to prize athleticism over technical ability.

q-money
21-10-2013, 11:33 AM
If that's a direct quote then Dando's an idiot.

how is he wrong though? these blokes simply aren't good enough.

melbourne can do it, brisbane can do it, because they are technically adept enough to pass their way out of trouble. we are not. even blind freddy can see that.

Grimario
21-10-2013, 11:41 AM

melbourne can do it, brisbane can do it, because they are technically adept enough to pass their way out of trouble. we are not. even blind freddy can see that.
Because he didn't say "Newcastle are shit and should not play from the back", he said "unless you are in the EPL or La Liga you shouldn't play from the back".

russjaybee
21-10-2013, 11:46 AM
^^^^ read it again qman.

Completely backwards way of thinking and just a stupid sensationalist statement.

q-money
21-10-2013, 11:59 AM
dando in

hawk
21-10-2013, 12:16 PM

we used to be able to do it until...

joel31
21-10-2013, 12:38 PM
we used to be able to do it until...
Ljubo in

Skirt Boy
21-10-2013, 01:33 PM
The problem with GVE is that every week it's the same shit and he doesn't have the capacity to make changes during a game. Yeah sure it's well and good to have a "system" or "project" or whatever the **** you want to call it, but if it's not working you need to dam well change it and not just make subs on a like for like basis.

Your striker keeps getting isolated and as a result the attack is breaking down. Might be wise to use a 2nd striker. Your midfield is getting dominated into submission, might be best to to play with two no nonsense holding mids and three at the back.

All we see with GVE is the same shit every week, deflecting blame on others who "just don't get it" Hell even an old fashion 4-2-4, playing it wide/long down the flanks with pacemen crossing it might even work.

WolfMan
21-10-2013, 09:43 PM
There needs to be a balance between patient build-up, and seizing an opportunity when it presents itself.

The players, younger ones especially, seem too scared to use their natural talent or flair and take on their man/play one-two's/think for themselves, and there is at least 1 person to blame for that - GVE.

As far as I can see, he has coached with no regard for individual instincts, which is often what changes matches.

Raw Boned Youngster
21-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Egghead has half baked plans- when it comes to the detail/ nitty gritty, he is bereft of ideas.
An embarrassment.
very interesting how the media'experts' used to speak about the Eggman with a degree of respect etc, but that has completely dried up.

MFKS
21-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Egghead has half baked plans- when it comes to the detail/ nitty gritty, he is bereft of ideas.
An embarrassment.
very interesting how the media'experts' used to speak about the Eggman with a degree of respect etc, but that has completely dried up.

You should always play to your strengths. With a bloke like Heskey on the books we should be playing 4-4-2 on principle otherwise we should never have signed him. Get 2 strikers in there to give our opponent an issue. Not allow our opponent to get one of their CD's to man mark Heskey and then allow the other bloke spare to mop up anything his mate can't deal with.

Get Taggz and Heskey together so they can't play a spare man without changing their structure.

Play wingers and whip the ****ing crosses in all day and allow our opponents to try and hold off Heskey and Taggz sniffing around for scraps

Anything else is just ****ing insane

The Dunster
21-10-2013, 11:05 PM

He also went on to say that the Barcelona style of play required the likes of Messi, Iniesta, eta al.... who could pretty much play any style they desired given their skill level.

And once players had made it to A-league if they couldn't already play that style of football then they were never going to be able to play that way. [Summary of Dando's comments in my words]

Moreover, Dando also commented [ and rightly so] that Barcelona's style had been figured out by other / lesser clubs and though cutting in the past - the game had since moved on to something new[ My words not Dando's].

With respect to people thinking Brisbane can play out from the back have a look at their failed ACL campaigns where their style of football was a complete failure against quality opposition.

militiamon
22-10-2013, 01:55 AM
What has irked me about a lot of the criticism is that it has called for us the lurch to the other extreme and start practising some kind of fxxxed up anti-football system where we return to the good old days of players booting it from box-to-box.

In case people hadn't noticed, the A-League has been dominated by coaches who play a decent style of football for some time now. Ange, Popovic, Arnold, Lavicka, all these coaches have play to a system which is fundamentally based on sharp passing and controlling possession. If we go down the path of a Kosmina, Mitchell, Herbert, Culina, we're still not going to win AND we won't even have the satisfaction of saying we should have won.

The Dunster
22-10-2013, 02:36 PM
We must be watching different games. WSW play very direct counter-attack style football. They were aids without Hersi for that very reason last season

plague
22-10-2013, 02:49 PM
We must be watching different games. WSW play very direct counter-attack style football. They were aids without Hersi for that very reason last season

This (again, Dunster bringing the knowledge).
No one complained when Man United won all those trophies playing like that either.

la bazzle
22-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Style shmyle just win ffs, or start by scoring a farking goal. Style.... Gee whizz

Grimario
22-10-2013, 03:02 PM
One of the news articles after that snorefest was "Players gain confidence from first clean sheet of the season".

Watch us lose 6-1 in NZ and the news be "Players gain confidence from first goal in 6 hours of competitive football".

Premy
22-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Surely we could demote him to look over the emerging jets program and employ a new manager???
Technically not sacking him no payout needed.

joel31
22-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Surely we could demote him to look over the emerging jets program and employ a new manager???
Then he could be working where his passions lie

Pico
22-10-2013, 11:41 PM
yeah look how well that worked out for Adelaide, he's not going away any time soon, on the bright side only what 25 more games till GVE's contract is up unless he's given another extension.

is it really any wonder we can't construct attacking play look at the youth aus teams since his appointment at the AIS they share a remarkable resemblance to the shambles that is the jets these days.

23-10-2013, 12:25 AM
On the bright side, by seasons end GVE would have well and truly killed off any reputation and standing he had in the game.

100/1 and blow'n like a southerly to get a first team gig in this league ever again.

Who would want such a arrogent,tactically one dimensional squad divisive character such as his around there club.

Maybe get a gig selling soft drinks on gameday at another club, that was always his forte not coaching.

Jetmaster
23-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Wish Con was still here now.

When GVE resigned last time he walked into Con's office and was told (apparently)...."go sit in the corner, that's what I say to my other dogs"....

So wish this was true !

MFKS
14-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Have to give the bloke some credit. 5 games into the season we are going a bit better than I expected us to be going.

Still feel the last 2 weeks he has been far too conservative when 2-0 up not pushing hard enough for the 3rd goal.

The decision to take Tagz off for a almost lame Heskey when Adelaide had gone to a back 3 was baffling. Thought we should have sacrificed a mid and played a front two to push the Reds back having to deal with Heskeytime and Tagz sniffing around.

Against Gypos we threw it away by not having a lash at a 3rd hard enough as the Gypos left plenty of space yet no one wanted to push on in attack hard enough

plague
16-11-2013, 10:24 PM
So has the Mark Rudan getting offered an interview news reached the general public yet?
Someone told me about it today don't know where they heard it but why the **** not hey.
Gotta go, someone needs to bump the Middleby out thread.

Thomas477
16-11-2013, 10:54 PM
**** me, we go from GvE to a bloke to has no ****ing experience managing at A-League level! Look at Aloisi, isn't he going well!

Would much rather keep GvE than have Mark ****ing Rudan as our manager.

GazFish35
16-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Just won the NPL.

When GvE leaves, as he one day will, I'd much rather us for someone like rudan than some unknown OS bloke.

Aloisi went from paying to the top gig too quickly.

Rudan is doing his apprentice work atthe moment, he'd be a good option IMO.

MFKS
17-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Just won the NPL.

When GvE leaves, as he one day will, I'd much rather us for someone like rudan than some unknown OS bloke.

As if we could afford some unknown overseas bloke.

Craig Deans it will be

furns
17-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Forza Okon etc

Thomas477
17-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Just won the NPL.

He may have just won the NPL, but lets be realistic here, Sydney United always were going to. It's not as though Rudan had coached Adamstown and won it. I'm quite happy to predict now that for the next 10 years, 75+% of the winners of the NPL will be either coming from NSW, or Victoria if they get their shit together.

Why not Papas, who is doing is coaching the u/23s national team in India? Wasn't he meant to be the next big coach? Or maybe one of our former players, bar Deans, rather than a former Sydney captain?

Agree about Aloisi. And if we're looking at NSWPL managers, George Mandic had a good season with Bonnyrigg, or how about Jean-Paul de Marigny? Yes, United came 1st this season in the NSWPL, but I would much rather see how Rudan goes over a few more seasons before he gets mentioned. Lavicka won the GF in his first season, and fared poorly the next few.

militiamon
17-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Haven't SFC fans had Rudan marked as their next coach after Farina?

I pretty much agree with everything thomas has said so far. If we're looking at an untried coach, we should be looking at bringing back Papas first and foremost. Second to that is Ante Milicic, only a matter of time before he's given a shot at coaching.

MFKS is right though, it's always going to be Deans.

Tommyjet
17-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Should target ante milicic I reckon. Done a good apprenticeship under poppa and previously vant schip

Jeterpool
17-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Should target ante milicic I reckon. Done a good apprenticeship under poppa and previously vant schip

Agree. Scored first a-league goal for us too if IRC

GazFish35
17-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Agree. Scored first a-league goal for us too if IRC

No. That's was griffo. ;)

Raw Boned Youngster
17-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Would be good to have someone like Rado in the mix somewhere.
Regarding some of the unknowns, it is like being in opposition in politics- you can have a thousand views on what's wrong etc and what you intend to do, but the real skill is getting things right.
surely no gambles at this stage and go for an experienced type.

Tommyjet
17-11-2013, 10:02 AM
In my opinion radio is the perfect assistant for any manager and always will be. Just think some aren't meant to be the top dog

The Dunster
17-11-2013, 10:04 AM
It's not about the manager alone it's about the players and staff they can bring to the club. That is why I would only replace GVE with someone already established with their own mix of players and staff ready to follow them.
There will always be exceptions like Poppa but overall I wouldn't take the risk on anyone without success before in a similar role.

Like him or not GVE did have two very successful seasons at the Jets which is a lot more than some of the names people are throwing about as being his replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be glad to see him go if we don't make the finals this season but I don't want to go through all that rebuilding for the future shit again.

Grimario
17-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Why not Papas, who is doing is coaching the u/23s national team in India? Wasn't he meant to be the next big coach?

U23 side as well as being involved in some kind of national youth development. And the boss at Dempo SC as well, the biggest of the clubs (or at least the most successful) in India.

Grimario
17-11-2013, 11:44 AM
It's not about the manager alone it's about the players and staff they can bring to the club. That is why I would only replace GVE with someone already established with their own mix of players and staff ready to follow them.
There will always be exceptions like Poppa but overall I wouldn't take the risk on anyone without success before in a similar role.

Like him or not GVE did have two very successful seasons at the Jets which is a lot more than some of the names people are throwing about as being his replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be glad to see him go if we don't make the finals this season but I don't want to go through all that rebuilding for the future shit again.

I reckon Papas would be ideal to slide into the role without much in the way of rebuilding required. Huge focus on youth, already has experience in the Aus youth set up as well so probably had some of your youngsters when he was assistant to the U17's a few years back.

No idea if he is any good, mind you... but in terms of transition, would be less messy than if we brought in someone else.

17-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Frans Straka.

Can add biege sports coats to the merchandise range, sales of these would just about cover his wages.

hawk
17-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Huge focus on youth, already has experience in the Aus youth set up as well so probably had some of your youngsters when he was assistant to the U17's a few years back.

Not saying Pappas wont work but...
Ive had about enough of this focus on Youth sh1t for our 1st team. Lets leave that for say, the youth team.
gws, who we aspire to, used a load of experienced cast offs, cept sinjy, and did ok.
Transitions are only messy if we lose.

ps Grim, hope you found the correct disc golf webpage :)

Grimario
17-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Ive had about enough of this focus on Youth sh1t for our 1st team. Lets leave that for say, the youth team.

Only mentioned it in relation to The Dunster's concerns about another "rebuild". Already "initiated" in the ways of youth, a bunch of them most likely have experience with him from U17 (or even Goodwin at club level) so less upheaval compared to someone else coming in.

And for financial stability, I think developing youth is a great move. If we can keep Birraz and extend his contract, it won't be long before he is off to Europe with a fat wad of cash in the Jerks kitty. Same goes for Goodwin, Chapman, Hoole, Beard, Taggart etc etc... until we are packing out the stadium week in week out and we have 4 networks battling over TV rights, it's hands down the best way for the club to make coin. Just need someone in charge who doesn't destroy players like it almost appears has happened with Goodwin :(

plague
17-11-2013, 01:27 PM
If we can keep Birraz and extend his contract, it won't be long before he is off to Europe with a fat wad of cash in the Jerks kitty. Same goes for Goodwin, Chapman, Hoole, Beard, Taggart etc etc...(

Bhahahahahaha.
It's like you wrote that post whilst forgetting that Middleby will be in charge of those transfers.

Grimario
17-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Bhahahahahaha.
It's like you wrote that post whilst forgetting that Middleby will be in charge of those transfers.

Shiiiiiiit, got real life confused with Football Manager again where we made over 1m for two of that lot :(

De-Champ
17-11-2013, 01:33 PM
He may have just won the NPL, but lets be realistic here, Sydney United always were going to. It's not as though Rudan had coached Adamstown and won it. I'm quite happy to predict now that for the next 10 years, 75+% of the winners of the NPL will be either coming from NSW, or Victoria if they get their shit together.

Why not Papas, who is doing is coaching the u/23s national team in India? Wasn't he meant to be the next big coach? Or maybe one of our former players, bar Deans, rather than a former Sydney captain?

Agree about Aloisi. And if we're looking at NSWPL managers, George Mandic had a good season with Bonnyrigg, or how about Jean-Paul de Marigny? Yes, United came 1st this season in the NSWPL, but I would much rather see how Rudan goes over a few more seasons before he gets mentioned. Lavicka won the GF in his first season, and fared poorly the next few.
Don't know how you could say Sydney Utd were always going to win the NPL. Did not they beat a Tasmanian team in the final. Yes tasmania. i did not know they played football down there.

Local Rules
18-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a HAL coach that said "If you listen to the fans then you will be sitting with the fans". After two years of the forumites berating GVE and telling him to play to suit his players we are finally winning games and looking dangerous. Forget these so called managers run the team tyhrough the forum.

Viva La Forumites

WolfMan
18-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a HAL coach that said "If you listen to the fans then you will be sitting with the fans". After two years of the forumites berating GVE and telling him to play to suit his players we are finally winning games and looking dangerous. Forget these so called managers run the team tyhrough the forum.

Viva La Forumites

I take your point, and I know you're not being literal (at least, I hope you're not), but if anybody was to listen to the cacophony from the stands/forum we would have a multitude of problems;

Neville would have never set foot on the field again after last season, now he is one of our most consistent players,
Bridges wouldn't know whether he is Arthur or Martha, such is the divided opinion amongst our supporter base,
Burns would have been sent back to South Korea before the ball had hit the ground off the crossbar.

Feel free to add to this truncated list

plague
08-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Bump.
45% possession today. Where has sexy fuutball gone?
GVE OUT.

belchardo
08-12-2013, 10:12 PM
We all know palmer is the brains in this outfit.

plague
08-12-2013, 10:18 PM
We all know palmer is the brains in this outfit.

Does anyone know if Palmer has his badges?

MFKS
08-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if Palmer has his badges?

No obviously why GVE is the front man to give it the allure that someone is in charge who is accredited.

No way would anyone believe it if Deans was the front man and we were achieving these results under his reign

q-money
09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
34 interceptions to 12 over the course of the game. mon newy.

this is modern football, and this is where games are wun etc

this is the thing with GVE i will never understand - how do you preach tiki taka when you have the best blokes in the league for sheer athletic ability and tackling prowess bar one or two ffs, i.e. zads, brillante and kanta? what is this blokes go smh, however today it worked.

war GVE

war

plague
09-12-2013, 08:59 AM
this is the thing with GVE i will never understand - how do you preach tiki taka when you have the best blokes in the league for sheer athletic ability and tackling prowess bar one or two ffs, i.e. zads, brillante and kanta?

You forgot Reegz. Bloke was a dead set one man wall with a silly haircut.

Grimario
09-12-2013, 09:03 AM

That hair cut, ffs. Horrendous.

And you forgot Gallaway too. He's like a less talented left sided Franjic, just never stops and even when he is bad, he is still not horrendous.

Those guys playing tika taka, what was the egg thinking? GVE OUT.

Jeterpool
09-12-2013, 09:05 AM

Where as Nathan Coe was just one man with a silly haircut. What was the go with his "frullet" yesterday!? Abysmal.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Bump...in case anyone was looking for it.

Kanta needed a rest!? Spare me. Must be tough playing one game a week.

Tell us he's not being retained now.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Also saw the special guests of a certain Mr Middleby was Geoff McCloy and Wayne Bennet. Could Wayne be a cost saving exercise and HSG are going to make his coach all year round??

We need to be told so we have something to look forward to next year.

sammydog
04-01-2014, 10:24 PM
I think it has really become obvious that GVE was forced to ditch the possession game earlier in the season.

Despite the results we started to get, he doesn't believe in what we were doing to win. Now he has inched us back to his possession game style and we are getting the results to go with it.

It was depressing walking out of the stadium after tonights game.

Resting Kanta was a master stroke, we were soooo much better with out him. And he sure looked tired when he came on.

belchardo
04-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Rested! I assumed he was injured. Bloody hell. Caravella was certainly up to the task as a fill in.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:26 PM
I think it has really become obvious that GVE was forced to ditch the possession game earlier in the season.

Despite the results we started to get, he doesn't believe in what we were doing to win. Now he has inched us back to his possession game style and we are getting the results to go with it.

Resting Kanta was a master stroke, we were soooo much better with out him. And he sure looked tired when he came on.

Couldn't agree more

hawk
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM
McCloy the asshole was the cause of this sh*t display.

i know a good real estate agent gve

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
GVE doesn't pick the team Troy Palmer does. Blame Palmer

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:14 PM

agreed. We played well but didn't take chances

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Bump...in case anyone was looking for it.

Kanta needed a rest!? Spare me. Must be tough playing one game a week.

Tell us he's not being retained now.

Thank got he didn't go to Bayerns he might have had to play every 3 days at times + extra time if sometimes needed in cups game. Surely they would not ask him to take a penalty, he would be exhausted at 22 years of age for god sake.... surely !!!

terry
04-01-2014, 11:21 PM
So good we got 0 points

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:44 PM
So good we got 0 points
Back to what we're used to

stopper2
05-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Not starting Kanta - one of our best in the past month
Taking Goodwin off early in 2nd half - our most effective attacking player during the 60min he was on
and finally the worst....going back to tikka takka between Birraz and the back four which ultimately cost us the goal
It seems whenever this team is showing signs of turning the corner GVE reminds us that with him at the helm this club will not get anywhere in this competition

GazFish35
05-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Deadest, for the last 25 minutes most common pass was birraz to heskey.

GVE needs to drink scotch at half time because RBT means you need a plan B

seldom
05-01-2014, 12:40 AM
yeah GVE couldnt see Goodwin was good. Heskey looked the goods when he came on ...with little support

militiamon
05-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Unless there is some kind of miraculous turn-around in results, I think he should go.

belchardo
05-01-2014, 07:52 AM
GVE needs to drink scotch at half time because RBT means you need a plan B

Terrible, just terrible.

the blue manc
05-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Hesky needs to start. He must sit on the bench and wonder what he's doing here. Nearly every ball he got was to his head. Hit is feet for **** sake.

q-money
05-01-2014, 10:29 AM
how good is heskey at jumping heaps high and heading the ball towards the moon ay

Grimario
05-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Welcome back, all of you. We've been wondering how long it would take for you all to jump back on our bandwagon.

Jetmaster
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Thiis makes you want to cry............

Mulvey could become head coach of Jets

Daniel Fraser | October 18th, 2011

GOLD Coast United assistant coach Mike Mulvey confirmed yesterday he is in the mix to replace Branko Culina as the next head coach of the Newcastle Jets.

An excited Mulvey told the Gold Coast Bulletin he was contacted by Jets officials regarding the position two weeks ago and again last Monday.

With his impressive coaching resume and strong history in youth development, the 48-year-old Mancunian looms as a genuine smoky to snare the coveted coaching gig ahead of more renowned applicants such as former Newcastle coach Gary van Egmond.

"I have been in contact with Newcastle regarding the head coach position, yes," Mulvey said.

"I am very happy they are interested in me and like any assistant coach I was naturally interested in a top position. The indication I got was they (Newcastle) will be making a decision sooner rather than later, so we will just wait and see."

After weeks of deliberating the Jets are poised to announce who will be taking over the top job from interim coach Craig Deans at Newcastle as early as today.

In addition to van Egmond several former A-League coaches including Lawrie McKinna (Central Coast), Ernie Merrick (Melbourne), John Kosmina (Sydney) and Frank Farina (Brisbane) have all been linked to the position along with former Jets assistant coach Mark Jones and former captain Paul Okon.

Aware of the high-profile names linked to the job, Mulvey admitted his appointment was greatly contingent on which direction the Jets board wished to go.

"There are a lot of good candidates," Mulvey said. "It just depends which way Newcastle want to go.

"My history is in development; I was the head coach of the football program at the Queensland Academy of Sport for 11 years before coming to Gold Coast.

"At United we have had a fair amount of success in recent years with our youth team that we built up from scratch.

"We won the Youth League two years running, and six of those young stars have signed with Gold Coast. When you are successful people take notice."

The youth guru assured United supporters his focus remained on the Gold Coast despite the pending announcement.

"My focus is 100 per cent on Gold Coast United this season but as I said I have ambitions," Mulvey said. "Miron knows that, Clive (Palmer) knows that.

"It is the natural progression for an assistant coach to want to coach in the top job. I feel I'm ready but you have to be realistic. There are only 10 top jobs in the A-League."

I admit he has different cattle at the Roar but I wistfully think of what might have been.

pudy
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Thiis makes you want to cry............

I admit he has different cattle at the Roar but I wistfully think of what might have been.

Hard to take.

stopper2
05-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Anyone else heard about the Okon "rumour". Heard from a sauce that he will be taking over next season. The longer it goes with GVE not being re-signed the more I am starting to believe this one.

furns
05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
That rumour has been going around since Branko was here

sammydog
05-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Still a lot of talk of GVE taking over the emerging jets program. I don't have an issue with that.

Okon talk has been going on longer than the Mark Rudan talk, can't see either eventuating.

Tommyjet
05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Surely middleby and palmer are aware of our seasonal fade each year. Hopefully they grow some balls this season and address it. I'm predicting if its a loss against a depleted victory next game gve is gone. Unlikely though with our gutless management

MFKS
05-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Surely middleby and palmer are aware of our seasonal fade each year. Hopefully they grow some balls this season and address it. I'm predicting if its a loss against a depleted victory next game gve is gone. Unlikely though with our gutless management

???

Regardless of how much we want him gone reality is he will see the season out.

Regardless of results/performances the players are still playing for him and trying.

We didn't win yesterday from a lack of effort and desire. The boys busted their arses and it just wouldn't happen for them.

Even if we get rolled 5-0 next week he will still be in the gig until end of season or Tinks finds some spare cash he currently hasn't found he wishes to piss away just for a laugh.

The Gutless Management was last season when they came out and backed him to the hilt in the days after our season ended when the Herald had a pop with some facts about the sides efforts that should have seen him fighting to keep his job.

Interesting stats

Last Season we played 13 times at home
We scored 12 times and 3 of them were penalties.

6 out of the 13 times we failed to score
Most goals seen by Jets was 2 in a game

This season so far we have played 6 times at home
We have scored 7 times and one of them was an Own goal(THANKS PASFIELD)

3 out of the 6 times we have failed to score
Most goals seen by Jets was 3 in a game

Now this is pretty damning evidence that our football isn't attractive/exciting to watch for the 11k of Members

sammydog
05-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Even if we get rolled 5-0 next week he will still be in the gig until end of season or Tinks finds some spare cash he currently hasn't found he wishes to piss away just for a laugh.

The Gutless Management was last season when they came out and backed him to the hilt in the days after our season ended when the Herald had a pop with some facts about the sides efforts that should have seen him fighting to keep his job.

I suspect tinks not having any spare cash to piss away is the reason he wasn't given the arse at the end of last season, not the management.

If tinks wasn't going to splash the cash, what option do the management have other than to throw up the facade of backing him to the hilt.

MFKS
05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I suspect tinks not having any spare cash to piss away is the reason he wasn't given the arse at the end of last season, not the management.

If tinks wasn't going to splash the cash, what option do the management have other than to throw up the facade of backing him to the hilt.

Quality Management would engineer a solution to rid the club of him without costing Tinks a dollar more than he is currently spending.

We could have ran at a reduced salary cap spend to accommodate the new coaches wage.

We could have also not utilised the Marquee spot and used Heskey's current wages to pay him out.

Many things could have been done by thinking with some ingenuity.

This lies squarely at the feet of Palmer/Middleby for not doing so

sammydog
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
And had they done that and we still weren't winning you'd be on here bitching about management for not utilising the salary cap to its fullest, for not utilising the marquee slot, ticket/merchandise prices are too much.

Really, its catch 22 for them and either way they are farked in this scenario.

MFKS
05-01-2014, 08:13 PM
And had they done that and we still weren't winning you'd be on here bitching about management for not utilising the salary cap to its fullest, for not utilising the marquee slot, ticket/merchandise prices are too much.

Really, its catch 22 for them and either way they are farked in this scenario.

If it meant getting rid of GVE I wouldn't have given two ****s what price we had to pay.

The bloke showed me he is making it up as he goes along last season when after Bridges was ignored for selection for the best part of 2 years by him he was given a new contract for a couple of games played.

Basically by doing this he said to me that a bloke who couldn't do it for him in the last 18months is allegedly worthy of a NEW contract when he had the whole world to find a player to replace him and wasn't prepared to EVEN ****ing look.

Now I am not bringing Bridges up to debate his worth to the club but just as a reference to the insanity of the Manager
NFI

My2BobsWorth
05-01-2014, 08:16 PM
You don't have any answers so why would Gary. A new coach would still have a team of Gumbys

sammydog
05-01-2014, 08:26 PM
If it meant getting rid of GVE I wouldn't have given two ****s what price we had to pay.

The bloke showed me he is making it up as he goes along last season when after Bridges was ignored for selection for the best part of 2 years by him he was given a new contract for a couple of games played.

Basically by doing this he said to me that a bloke who couldn't do it for him in the last 18months is allegedly worthy of a NEW contract when he had the whole world to find a player to replace him and wasn't prepared to EVEN ****ing look.

Now I am not bringing Bridges up to debate his worth to the club but just as a reference to the insanity of the Manager
NFI

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending GVE. The sooner we see the back of him as first team manager the better. I don't even give him the kudos for making it up as he goes, the team plays better when he is being told how we play.

But the club is in a no win situation. No money to ditch him without making massive cuts elsewhere that would equally have people coming out of the wood work to complain about results due to a weakened squad/resources.

If GVE gets a contract extension beyond the end of this season, then the knives should come out.

You don't have any answers so why would Gary. A new coach would still have a team of Gumbys

I don't think we have a team of Gumby's, more a team lacking guidance/direction and tactics that suit the players strengths.

Bon
05-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't think we have a team of Gumby's, more a team lacking guidance/direction and tactics that suit the players strengths.

I agree..

Tommyjet
05-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Good squad just lacking in direction and confidence

Jeterpool
05-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I agree..

Me too. Overall we have a good squad

northern_swan
05-01-2014, 10:51 PM
I hope Lowie let's rip in the paper on Tuesday. Big man wasn't happy when I spoke to him on FT Saturday. No love for the Pepsi salesman.

GazFish35
05-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Let's start a Johan neeskens rumor

joel31
05-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Someone anonymously contact the herald…

Thomas477
06-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Someone anonymously contact the herald…

Why bother, they'll just read it on here anyway.

parksey
06-01-2014, 01:13 AM
There's some fickle people on here. A few weeks ago we beat Brisbane and victory away from home.

hawk
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
There's some fickle people on here. A few weeks ago we beat Brisbane and victory away from home.

lol, then lose every game in between and after. big picture sweety.

parksey
06-01-2014, 01:44 PM
lol, then lose every game in between and after. big picture sweety.

Well not really though

pv4
06-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Unless there is some kind of miraculous turn-around in results, I think he should go.

I love home games vs Perth. It's the time of year that militia always jumps back on the gveout wagon

Grimario
06-01-2014, 02:29 PM
I am a bit sick of all the bandwagoners on this one, really. Piss off back to your GVE love fest, don't come running to us when it all goes belly up.

Beeen
06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
amen^

GazFish35
06-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Taylor swift had more to do with that win in Brisbane than GVE.

it's the inconsistency that drives me crazy.

stopper2
06-01-2014, 02:43 PM
1 Point out of a possible 12 against Sydney and Perth....can't expect to get amongst the top four teams and drop so many points against average teams.

Bon
06-01-2014, 02:46 PM
1 Point out of a possible 12 against Sydney and Perth....can't expect to get amongst the top four teams and drop so many points against average teams.

Exactly!! I just can't comprehend how we can beat Brisbane TWICE, yet we can't beat shit teams like Sydney and Perth..
Oh thats right, Taylor Swift fans and the Puddle.. Sign em up!

Grimario
06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Exactly!! I just can't comprehend how we can beat Brisbane TWICE, yet we can't beat shit teams like Sydney and Perth..
Oh thats right, Taylor Swift fans and the Puddle.. Sign em up!

Goalless against Shitney and Perf as well, aren't we?

q-money
06-01-2014, 02:50 PM
bon jovi

Bon
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
bon jovi

My bad.. Probably should have known that.. :blush: :lol:

Jeterpool
06-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Goalless against Shitney and Perf as well, aren't we?

Yep. 0-2 SFC, 0-0 Perth, 0-2 Sydney and 0-1 Perth.

I honestly thought GvE had changed his approach and was starting to play to the strengths of the team. I'm glad for Saturday because it snapped me back to reality. A tiger never changes his stripes.

sammydog
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
As we slide back into his way of playing, it just highlights that he was forced to change his playing style by the club in the first place.

Bon
06-01-2014, 03:49 PM
As we slide back into his way of playing, it just highlights that he was forced to change his playing style by the club in the first place.

You are right.. The first half was like watching the first 3 or so rounds of the season all over again.. "Playing" out from the back, slow to move forward. I had a bit of a laugh in the pre-game show, I think it was Rudes talking up how good we have looked in the previous few matches when we get the ball and get it forward real quick on the counter.. hahaha

The Dunster
06-01-2014, 04:43 PM
If Kanta started we would not have conceded the goal. GVE and Caravella out.

joel31
06-01-2014, 04:46 PM
If Kanta started we would not have conceded the goal. GVE and Caravella out.
what did caravella do wrong for the goal

MFKS
06-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Since when the **** did we change our way of playing??

We still have been trying to pass out from the back all ****ing season. The difference this season is that Kanta is actually sitting in and protecting the back line in case of **** ups. In recent times we have had Jobe/Zads/Beard/Zenon etc and none of them have done it anywhere near as good as Kanta has this season

The **** ups have also not been happening at the regular rate as they did last season. Whats that now 2 or 3 goals conceeded from them in 13 games??? This time last year it would have been about 13 goals in 13 games.

Sure we may have played a little more on the counter when playing away than we would normally see from GVE's sides but we ain't ****ing changed that ****ing much

joel31
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Since when the **** did we change our way of playing??

We still have been trying to pass out from the back all ****ing season. The difference this season is that Kanta is actually sitting in and protecting the back line in case of **** ups. In recent times we have had Jobe/Zads/Beard/Zenon etc and none of them have done it anywhere near as good as Kanta has this season

The **** ups have also not been happening at the regular rate as they did last season. Whats that now 2 or 3 goals conceeded from them in 13 games??? This time last year it would have been about 13 goals in 13 games.

Sure we may have played a little more on the counter when playing away than we would normally see from GVE's sides but we ain't ****ing changed that ****ing much
Calm down

Against the Mariners earlier in the season we got the ball forward fairly quickly (less slow build up to the typical GVE style) and allowed them to pass around the back. Same with Brisbane home and away. Adelaide away (the 2-1 win). Victory away, etc.

Smeezyy
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Heard from a member of Palmer's family that Jets management would love to sack GVE but we just can't afford the release fee. Not sure if this is news to anyone, but thought i'd share.

stopper2
07-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Heard from a member of Palmer's family that Jets management would love to sack GVE but we just can't afford the release fee. Not sure if this is news to anyone, but thought i'd share.

That's pretty well what a lot of people who follow the Jets and know their football are assuming is the case. Can't believe (actually I can) that knob Dillon from the Herald was already advocating a few weeks back for GVE to have his contract extended just because we were sitting level third after 9 rounds.

Pico
07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
That's pretty well what a lot of people who follow the Jets and know their football are assuming is the case. Can't believe (actually I can) that knob Dillon from the Herald was already advocating a few weeks back for GVE to have his contract extended just because we were sitting level third after 9 rounds.
well the club does have form for that sort of thing

My2BobsWorth
08-01-2014, 06:49 PM

What he actually said was, how can you sack the coach if you finish top four

Skirt Boy
08-01-2014, 07:47 PM
What he actually said was, how can you sack the coach if you finish top four

Ask Daniel Levy/Harry Redknapp

joel31
10-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Too rigid and predictable in attack not organised enough in pressing