PDA

View Full Version : GVE Gooooooooone

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

vikingjet
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
I see that you boys and girls have dropped the ball on the inclusion of the most important threads from the old forum.

BTW, GVE Out

q-money
03-08-2012, 03:09 PM
wb pal

pistolpete
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Good to see you back VJ. Deans out

pv4
03-08-2012, 03:43 PM
4-3-3 out

Rocknerd
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Ahh a thread to warm my bitter Heart.

Blackmac79
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
GVE is a club legend

Deans however. OUT.

Hamma12
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Bring back Gosling.
Catlin out

03-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't know about out just yet, but by the f&*^ he is going to live a long time. Look how long 48hrs is.

hawk
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
At least wait till we're 3-0 in the first game before the beheading.

vikingjet
08-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The thread title says it all; need I say more? Yes...

At least wait till we're 3-0 in the first game before the beheading.

Will 0-2 do?

"High tempo, high possession, play out from the back" when translated into practice means "dwell on the ball, hoof it up to Heskey, hit and hope".

One of the worst displays by a Jets side who will struggle this season and may be eating from the wooden spoon once again. I know it is week 1, but where is the massive improvement going to come from? The players have been sapped of all their individual flair and decision making capabilities. GVE was a decent manager before the AIS stint, but now he is so rigid that players are told what to do and dropped if they don't follow instructions to the letter. They may be kids, but this is not the AIS...this is a big boys' game now. Players need to read the game and play it as they see it; not follow some antiquated fake Dutch way.

plague
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
To be fair VJ, when GVE said 'posession' game he didn't specify which team was to have possession.

boz-monaut
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
:lulz:

Thomas477
08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
To be fair VJ, when GVE said 'posession' game he didn't specify which team was to have possession.

Well the stats said we had ~55% possession.

Pity 54% of it was with Mitchell and Jobe taking too long on it.

parksey
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
The thread title says it all; need I say more? Yes...

Will 0-2 do?

"High tempo, high possession, play out from the back" when translated into practice means "dwell on the ball, hoof it up to Heskey, hit and hope".

One of the worst displays by a Jets side who will struggle this season and may be eating from the wooden spoon once again. I know it is week 1, but where is the massive improvement going to come from? The players have been sapped of all their individual flair and decision making capabilities. GVE was a decent manager before the AIS stint, but now he is so rigid that players are told what to do and dropped if they don't follow instructions to the letter. They may be kids, but this is not the AIS...this is a big boys' game now. Players need to read the game and play it as they see it; not follow some antiquated fake Dutch way.

:violin:

Pico
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Jobe taking too long on the ball, nonsense, I was only able to get 2 rounds of beers before he passed it.

Thomas477
08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Jobe taking too long on the ball, nonsense, I was only able to get 2 rounds of beers before he passed it.

:gent:

Must have been long lines.

selassie
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
out out!

hawk
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM

And passing to the advert boards :(

The thread title says it all; need I say more?
Will 0-2 do?

GVE was a decent manager before the AIS stint, but now he is so rigid that players are told what to do and dropped if they don't follow instructions to the letter. They may be kids, but this is not the AIS...this is a big boys' game now. Players need to read the game and play it as they see it; not follow some antiquated fake Dutch way.
That's why trial form has always means jack.

Sounds like you expect results? Big error, lower the expectations massively and the season will be great.:sigh:

parksey
10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I still think we'll make the finals.

white city
10-10-2012, 07:46 AM
its gonna be a long season.

i seriously hope i am proved wrong, but im afraid he has no excuses this year, he has recruited and moulded a squad of players that he wanted. he seems to have his consistent problem again of wasting import spots, as ribs wont be selected again on the weekend. (whole point of imports is bringing in that extra bit of quality. should be regular starters)

im just tired of hearing his religious comments of up tempo high pressing possession football, when truth is on the weekend we looked like we had just flown half-way around the world to get to the game!!!

Superdylan
10-10-2012, 08:47 AM
its gonna be a long season.

i seriously hope i am proved wrong, but im afraid he has no excuses this year, he has recruited and moulded a squad of players that he wanted. he seems to have his consistent problem again of wasting import spots, as ribs wont be selected again on the weekend. (whole point of imports is bringing in that extra bit of quality. should be regular starters)

im just tired of hearing his religious comments of up tempo high pressing possession football, when truth is on the
weekend we looked like we had just flown half-way around the world to get to the game!!!

Agree if we don't make the finals, gve out. However we have only played one round so I'll just see how things go over the next 5 or so weeks to make judgments where we are at for this season.

belchardo
10-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Agree if we don't make the finals, gve out. However we have only played one round so I'll just see how things go over the next 5 or so weeks to make judgments where we are at for this season.

SD the voice of reason. how you've grown SD, how you've grown.

Jeterpool
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
SD the voice of reason. how you've grown SD, how you've grown.

Account got hacked I think you'll find :gent:

vikingjet
10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Out now! Bores me to tears with his poor intellect. Losing is no problem, but boredom has no place in the HAL.

I've noticed a lot of people drinking Coke Zero; so he has a life after football.

MFKS
10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Seems like a good idea. Sack the coach and then get another bloke in who will then wanted to clear out the squad and then he will need some time for his plans to come to the fore and in 2 years time we will be in the same spot as we are now.

How about backing the Manager come what may?? The egg has one big problem he talks it up too much. We play a possession game but I have never seen this high tempo shit he refers to. Other than that all is well at Jets HQ so back the **** off

GazFish35
10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
We should all go support Blackburn.
They could teach us a thing or two about wanting a manager out.

Next home game we should do a protest march from the tenzo.
But not all at once, just in dribs and drabs.
That would really send a message!

militiamon
10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Out now! Bores me to tears with his poor intellect. Losing is no problem, but boredom has no place in the HAL.

I've noticed a lot of people drinking Coke Zero; so he has a life after football.

I liked your paddle steamer one better.

Superdylan
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Account got hacked I think you'll find :gent:

No it hasn't

parksey
10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
is vikingjet thinks he knows so much about football why doesn't he coach us?

/retards who say this about craig foster

MFKS
10-10-2012, 09:39 PM
We should all go support Blackburn.
They could teach us a thing or two about wanting a manager out.

Next home game we should do a protest march from the tenzo.
But not all at once, just in dribs and drabs.
That would really send a message!

Blackburn fans are as New Dawn as they come. 25 years ago when they were languishing in the lower leagues they had SFA crowds. Jack Walker the original Roman Abramovich came onto the scene and bought promotion and then the EPL. All their fans came from other areas and deserted their home towns such as Preston and Burnley for the success. Now the Jack Walker millions have ran out they are starting to get their just deserts and are heading back to where they belong. Their new found fan brigade can't see this and are blowing their stack.

Plasticity at its finest and good to see

prawnhead
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM
is vikingjet thinks he knows so much about football why doesn't he coach us?

/retards who say this about craig foster

He speaks sense.

Dogshot99
10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
++++1

furns
10-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Blackburn fans are as New Dawn as they come. 25 years ago when they were languishing in the lower leagues they had SFA crowds. Jack Walker the original Roman Abramovich came onto the scene and bought promotion and then the EPL. All their fans came from other areas and deserted their home towns such as Preston and Burnley for the success. Now the Jack Walker millions have ran out they are starting to get their just deserts and are heading back to where they belong. Their new found fan brigade can't see this and are blowing their stack.

Body, he is talking about you.........

plague
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I think he should stay in whilst ever he keeps up the chicken dancing on the sidelines.
Is it just a Perth thing?
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Bio-now/Hero%20Images/07-2012/mick-jagger-hero.jpg

BodyNovo
05-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Body, he is talking about you.........

i only just saw this

i could put up a 2-3 page essay as to why this is nonsense, but i will just stick with

tl;dr

MFKS
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Go On then put the 2-3 page essay up as to why Blackburn Fans aren't plastic I could do with a good laugh

BodyNovo
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
no thanks :grin:

pv4
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM
i thought every blackburn fan was just an australian who liked brett emerton.

MFKS
05-11-2012, 11:27 AM
i thought every blackburn fan was just an australian who liked brett emerton.

Some of the older Aussie fans of Blackburn started supporting them in the 90's when they were at the top of the EPL and had Robbie Slater playing for them also.

Matter of fact about 1992-1995 was the time most of Blackburns fans started supporting them :sparring:

Bit disappointing BodyNovo won't enlighten us all as to why Bandwagon Rovers fans aren't plastic but can understand why. He doesn't have much scope to be able to debate that position such is the case that could be made that they are plastic

sh10
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Some of the older Aussie fans of Blackburn started supporting them in the 90's when they were at the top of the EPL and had Robbie Slater playing for them also.

Matter of fact about 1992-1995 was the time most of Blackburns fans started supporting them :sparring:

Bit disappointing BodyNovo won't enlighten us all as to why Bandwagon Rovers fans aren't plastic but can understand why. He doesn't have much scope to be able to debate that position such is the case that could be made that they are plastic

Australian child/teenager starts following successful overseas football team? Holy crap, stop the pressers, we're onto something here

Got plenty of time for Blackburn fans, it takes a real love for a club to support them for so long without any semblance of success. The difference between your manure fans (<30-35 years old), chelsea fans (any in the past 10 years), your blue mancs etc is that Blackburn fans have stuck through the shit times. There's no Blackburn bandwagoners now. Ditto for Leeds (if anyone still supports them)

pv4
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
citeh fan for life :cool:

you forgot to mention in there the huge amount of liverpool bandwagoners, who nowadays stay pretty quiet about current form & jabber on about istanbul, craig johnston, harry kewell, and just point out the wrong-doings & bandwagoners of other clubs.

sh10
05-11-2012, 11:48 AM
citeh fan for life :cool:

you forgot to mention in there the huge amount of liverpool bandwagoners, who nowadays stay pretty quiet about current form & jabber on about istanbul, craig johnston, harry kewell, and just point out the wrong-doings & bandwagoners of other clubs.

i don't think you can have bandwagoners without success

MFKS
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Australian child/teenager starts following successful overseas football team? Holy crap, stop the pressers, we're onto something here

Got plenty of time for Blackburn fans, it takes a real love for a club to support them for so long without any semblance of success. The difference between your manure fans (<30-35 years old), chelsea fans (any in the past 10 years), your blue mancs etc is that Blackburn fans have stuck through the shit times. There's no Blackburn bandwagoners now. Ditto for Leeds (if anyone still supports them)

I am not really talking about Aussie fans of English clubs being bandwagoners I am MAINLY talking about English fans of Blackburn being Plastic.

Australians who support English teams passionately on the TV and Interwebs and snub Aussie Football are as Plastic as they come.

Matter of fact most Aussie fans of English teams are involved in plasticity anyway unless they are supporting some League 1 or League 2 team who are shite.

pv4
05-11-2012, 12:08 PM
i know what you mean mfkfc - when i was a kid i'd sit around the tv to the only football exposure i got was in the form of epl highlights on sbs on a monday night & as i was picking a favourite player/team from it i was super plastic.

parksey
05-11-2012, 12:48 PM
i don't think you can have bandwagoners without success

but liverpool is the most successfullest club eva

sh10
05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
but liverpool is the most successfullest club eva

don't you know it ;)

halo se7en
13-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I need to pick the shittest team in one of the conference divisions (or whatever the **** they're called) just so I can prove how non-plasticy I am… **** it, I've been following Man Utd since 95 and proud of it. Cantona's my hero and I've finally found a biography of his worth reading… I'd like to have been around since the 60's to follow them and be a "real" fan but since I'm only 30, it's out of my control.

I certainly hope the Jets don't start winning title after title… I'd hate to become a plastic Jets fan as well.

la bazzle
13-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Good thread

Skirt Boy
13-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I am not really talking about Aussie fans of English clubs being bandwagoners I am MAINLY talking about English fans of Blackburn being Plastic.

Australians who support English teams passionately on the TV and Interwebs and snub Aussie Football are as Plastic as they come.

Matter of fact most Aussie fans of English teams are involved in plasticity anyway unless they are supporting some League 1 or League 2 team who are shite.

My support from Tottenham comes from my old man and Grandfather. Coincidently I also played for Charlestown Hotpsurs as a kid.

GazFish35
13-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Dont Charlestown hotspurs reckon Sth Cardiff encroach on their territory?

:violin::violin::violin:

Skirt Boy
13-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Dont Charlestown hotspurs reckon Sth Cardiff encroach on their territory?

:violin::violin::violin:

No but they are wankers. :D

seldom
14-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Back on topic...GVE OUT !

q-money
14-11-2012, 10:25 AM
gve to citeh

plague
19-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Disgrace etc.

Does Poppa have a get out clause at Wanderers?
This faux 'total fuutball' of GVE is clearly poop. Balkans style is the way to go.

Rocknerd
19-11-2012, 04:58 PM
High pressure and possession game in GVE Out!

Skirt Boy
19-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Did you read his statements in the Herald?

Talk about an arrogant prick.

Here is a tip. If the players can not play to your system, how about adapting your system to suit the players better?

sh10
19-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah nah I'd rather he get rid of the dumb players and replace them with players smart enough to play his system

GazFish35
19-11-2012, 07:30 PM
i thought this mob were 'his players"

stopper2
19-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Well said mate.
I used to have a soft spot for Leeds when Kewell and Viduka were there at the peak of their careers but as I've never been to England or do not have any English ancestry, there is just no great attachment for me to any teams in England. To say you "support" a team which is based 1000's of Kms away is like you said "plastic". You are a "follower", you follow the team on TV or the internet but you do not "support" it in the traditional sense.

stopper2
19-11-2012, 07:54 PM
i thought this mob were 'his players"
That's right, this is 100% GVE's squad. If they can't adapt to play "his" style then he has stuffed up by picking the wrong player in the first place.

MFKS
19-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't have thought Heskey would have been a GVE idea. I was under the impression that would have been more a HSG thing.

All I have noticed this season is how we have once again ****ed our marquee up. We don't really need a Marquee up front in Heskey. We need a ****ing magician man in midfield to spray the ball about everywhere and create for us cause the likes of Rubez Jobe Kanta etc ain't the men to do it. Too many painters and no artist

100% his squad?? Not yet there are still some hacks who are contracted for him to rid us of yet ie Jesic Galloway Kanta etc

militiamon
19-11-2012, 09:30 PM
We are sitting in 3rd place after 7 games. I would have taken that at the start of the season.

Porett
19-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't have thought Heskey would have been a GVE idea. I was under the impression that would have been more a HSG thing.

All I have noticed this season is how we have once again ****ed our marquee up. We don't really need a Marquee up front in Heskey. We need a ****ing magician man in midfield to spray the ball about everywhere and create for us cause the likes of Rubez Jobe Kanta etc ain't the men to do it. Too many painters and no artist

100% his squad?? Not yet there are still some hacks who are contracted for him to rid us of yet ie Jesic Galloway Kanta etc

Not meaning to split hairs but i think kanta was his signing.

parksey
20-11-2012, 12:17 AM
i'm surprised vj hasn't ridden into this thread on his high horse (worth a flutter at $12) yet

militiamon
20-11-2012, 08:43 AM
What is there to ride in here about? We're 3rd.

Or did you just want to say that for the horse racing joke? :gent:

boz-monaut
20-11-2012, 09:03 AM
clearly, one loss = proof that GvE rapes disabled children

pv4
20-11-2012, 09:15 AM
mfks - heskey is EXACTLY what we needed. he's won us, what, 3 or 4 games this season?

we've been needing a number 9 since joel left, we've not had the firepower that can finish for many years.

while adding the artist would be amazing, i feel that hsg/gve got heskey exactly right.

it's gve's squad. he signed bernardo completely on his own & doesn't even want to use him. any and every excuse for our bad season won't change the fact that you're in complete control, gary.

while i'm happy with our position, i really fail to see our high-tempo, high-pressing game that brisbane/fc tokyo/etc do so well & gve claims is 12-18+months in the making. we're scrapping our games.

sh10
20-11-2012, 11:24 AM
i'm surprised vj hasn't ridden into this thread on his high horse (worth a flutter at $12) yet

teehee

sh10
20-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Well said mate.
I used to have a soft spot for Leeds when Kewell and Viduka were there at the peak of their careers but as I've never been to England or do not have any English ancestry, there is just no great attachment for me to any teams in England. To say you "support" a team which is based 1000's of Kms away is like you said "plastic". You are a "follower", you follow the team on TV or the internet but you do not "support" it in the traditional sense.

So what is a "supporter in the traditional sense" then? Only the 40,000 who can actually go to home games? Or someone who gets to 2 or 3 away games a year? Or someone who gets to pre-season games that are nearby instead of the other side of the world? Or a member?

Please, I think we'd all love to know what the definition is so we can work out just how plastic we are.

belchardo
20-11-2012, 11:51 AM
good point.

living 500km away in canberra, attending games when i can (2 this year thus far), being a member (non-ticketed as i can't get to that many games, and don't know what games i can attend when applying for the membership), attending away games when i can, am i plastic, a supporter, or a follower?

The Dunster
20-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Ritter and Goodwin would have made things very difficult for Ifill had they played on Sunday. Ritter would have tracked him defensively and Goodwin would have forced him to sit deeper than he did.

It's one game and the result didn't really suprise anyone that's been following the team for any reasonable period of time.

Ritter and Goodwin to come back, Brown with a bit more game time and we will be a completely different team.

We are in a great position and our best football is yet to come. GVE has it all under control.

MFKS
20-11-2012, 02:17 PM
mfks - heskey is EXACTLY what we needed. he's won us, what, 3 or 4 games this season?

we've been needing a number 9 since joel left, we've not had the firepower that can finish for many years.

while adding the artist would be amazing, i feel that hsg/gve got heskey exactly right.

it's gve's squad. he signed bernardo completely on his own & doesn't even want to use him. any and every excuse for our bad season won't change the fact that you're in complete control, gary.

while i'm happy with our position, i really fail to see our high-tempo, high-pressing game that brisbane/fc tokyo/etc do so well & gve claims is 12-18+months in the making. we're scrapping our games.

I am not the type of bloke convinced by a player due to his goals scored column. Heskeys signing is a ****ing disastrous idea for GVE's high intensity possession based game he is trying to employ. As a result those who watched us in pre season would agree we have gone the other way since Heskeys arrival with far too much longer ball and direct ball.

Although Heskey banging in the goals is a good thing it only appears as such due to the complete lack of anything resembling quality since Griffo left us. Not wishing to split hairs but all of Heskeys goals have come from under 10 yards out and have been pokes home. None of the finishes have been spectacular of note and most of it is down to Heskeys experience playing in the EPL rather than any level of talent on his part,. Heskey is scoring these and credit where it is due as he is getting on them I just feel the 5 tap ins he has scored ain't worth the consequences as to what his presecence here has done to our game.

I feel though the artist is and was more necessary. The artist would also allow us to maintain possession better. A bit more ball may keep a few more balls ending up in our net as our defence struggles anyway. The artist would also play the ball forward more creating possible opportunitiers to exploit we don't see at present as the likes of Zads and Jobe who kill opportunity after opportunity with their sideways and backwards first passing philosophies.

The artist would allow us a more mobile quicker option up front then Heskey. This would benefit us in a big way as at present we aren't trying to get in behind opponents except in the corner flag area to whip in crosses to Heskey. A quick bloke such as Taggz up front will keep opposition defences concerned with how far they push up so as not to leave too much space in behind for a bloke playing on the last line trying to get in behind for a 1-1 with keeper. This keeps them deeper and not as condensed and will allow our mids a bit more space on the ball.

If you think this playing in behind the defence isn't a good strategy watch our opponents as that is what they do to us to show up our defensive shortcomings to great effect.

parksey
20-11-2012, 02:18 PM
What is there to ride in here about? We're 3rd.

Or did you just want to say that for the horse racing joke? :gent:

well that was pretty much the main reason, but I was expecting to see a post from vj in here after such a terrible performance.

vikingjet
20-11-2012, 04:02 PM

GVE out!

There you go Parkesy. If only your Mummy had lent you $10 to get on, you could have bought $120.00 worth of new Stars Wars lego.

BTW, I'm not riding a horse...it just looks like it.

parksey
20-11-2012, 05:06 PM
here's the guy

Raw Boned Youngster
20-11-2012, 05:53 PM
I am not the type of bloke convinced by a player due to his goals scored column. Heskeys signing is a ****ing disastrous idea for GVE's high intensity possession based game he is trying to employ. As a result those who watched us in pre season would agree we have gone the other way since Heskeys arrival with far too much longer ball and direct ball.

Although Heskey banging in the goals is a good thing it only appears as such due to the complete lack of anything resembling quality since Griffo left us. Not wishing to split hairs but all of Heskeys goals have come from under 10 yards out and have been pokes home. None of the finishes have been spectacular of note and most of it is down to Heskeys experience playing in the EPL rather than any level of talent on his part,. Heskey is scoring these and credit where it is due as he is getting on them I just feel the 5 tap ins he has scored ain't worth the consequences as to what his presecence here has done to our game.

I feel though the artist is and was more necessary. The artist would also allow us to maintain possession better. A bit more ball may keep a few more balls ending up in our net as our defence struggles anyway. The artist would also play the ball forward more creating possible opportunitiers to exploit we don't see at present as the likes of Zads and Jobe who kill opportunity after opportunity with their sideways and backwards first passing philosophies.

The artist would allow us a more mobile quicker option up front then Heskey. This would benefit us in a big way as at present we aren't trying to get in behind opponents except in the corner flag area to whip in crosses to Heskey. A quick bloke such as Taggz up front will keep opposition defences concerned with how far they push up so as not to leave too much space in behind for a bloke playing on the last line trying to get in behind for a 1-1 with keeper. This keeps them deeper and not as condensed and will allow our mids a bit more space on the ball.

If you think this playing in behind the defence isn't a good strategy watch our opponents as that is what they do to us to show up our defensive shortcomings to great effect.

Banging in goals from 10 yards is a tremendous asset and the hallmark of a quality striker.
I digress.

Regarding the artist, I do agree that that would be very handy.
The problem is that, as much as he denies it and tries to blame others, Eggy doesn't appear to be able to identify one. His, and the club's, track record is appalling in this area. The other problem is that Gaz's squads are so poorly prepared in terms of strategy and structure, that the effectiveness of said 'artist' would be severely compromised.
Many things could happen with the squad if there was a cohesive, understood and well-rehearsed approach to playing with and without the ball.
In a nutshell, it is basically ad hoc shit.
Gaz once again proves that if he has a message, he has trouble getting it through to his foot soldiers.

Football is us
21-11-2012, 12:54 AM
For some reason I lost my username in here ... maybe I didn't post enough lol But I've re registered to have my two bobs worth.

Van God has a real temperament problem. Wile many managers/coaches get frustrated, kick the ground etc, our wonderful Van God attacks chairs, ballboys and anything else in sight when things aren't going well.

The fact that we are third is great, but if you were a Western Sydney supporter, you'd be have to be wondering how they didn't at least get a share of the pointsagainst us in the previous round. One of the main reasons they didn't didn't get points, was Birghiti .... he saved us many times at Parammatta.

We also have a lot of goals scored against us. Possession is wonderful, and a good thing, but the laws of the game don't mention that as a criteria for winning .... they talk of the team scoring the greater amount of goals as the criteria for winning a match. The possesion has (or even the lack of it) has to be turned into scoring more goals than your opponent. So you have to score more goals than they do.

The crowd love goals too, its why they come to the football. They not that concerned if we have goals scored against us, as long as we score more than the opponents. They're even reasonably happy if you have shots at goals that go pretty close ... its part of the excitement of football. Playing primarily for possession does not necessarily win games and can be utterly boring. Boring is not entertainment and thus does not attract crowds.

His statements after Sundays game about some players with 15 to 16 months of exposure to his 'system' is typical of how He is never wrong.

You don't see Sir Alex Ferguson attacking his players verbally in the media (the media might report that he has attacked or berated a player in the dressing room. ie Beckham), but managers/coaches of Fergies ilk don't criticise their players publicly. Unfortunately our Van God finds it easier to blame his players than to simply tell the press 'we have to work on our defence/attack etc.

A few years ago, he berated Zura publicly which made back page headlines in the Herald ... "something like 'Zura not good enough for the A- League' ". A good coach doesn't berate players in front of anyone, his job is to inspire the players. A good coach might have occasion to criticise a player, but it shouldn't be done in front of other players or the press.

He also stated in the post match press conference, that the reason we didn't retain Jeremy Brockie last year was 'the salary cap' ie we couldn't afford him. If my memory serves me correctly, the reason stated last year for Brockie's departure (as with quite a few others) was that he 'didn't suit our style of play', I don't recall any mention of brockie pricing himself out of our squad.. Brockie seemed to play alright for Wellington last Sunday against 'our style of play'.

Sorry , I forgot that Van God who handpicked the large majority of current squad and was only looking for a striker to fill the last piece of the jigsaw, now says that 'some of them now don't get it'. Sorry God, but I don't buy that. Even if He still has players that were on contract, that He would rather have let go(because 'in 15 or 16 months they still don't get it'), its simply a matter of, not picking them, injuries permitting.

Heskey failed to score this week because he was heavily marked by Wellington. For once though, our enshrined coach brought on a very intelligent player who has the ability to feed Heskey, and feed from him, but as He so often does, He makes that change with less than 10 minutes to go and two goals behind. That player being Michael Bridges. Barely time enough time for a run on player to find his feet in such a situation.

Van God should be starting Bridges and Heskey together. They are both pretty fit, and even if not 90 minutes fit, if they put us in a 2 or 3 goal lead position, the younger players should be able to hold the fort. In any case, the match time mentoring of these two players will do wonders for the younger players.

Bridges and Heskey individually, have had more exposure to first class football than our coach is ever likely to have. They have played under managers of much greater ability and experience than our man, and more than likely have more football knowledge in their little finger than Van God has in his whole body.

VG has assembled a squad of highly talented, up and coming players and credit to him for that ... but he should be humble enough and wise enough to see that the experience of two top professionals is an element that will develop these young, talented players into young, talented, intelligent footballers.

seldom
21-11-2012, 01:48 AM
That newcastle coach goes orrite aye

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:21 PM
45 minutes to restore my faith, dutchy.

Thomas477
24-11-2012, 06:28 PM
45 minutes to restore my faith, dutchy.

Agreed, starting to lose my faith as well.

Players need to pull their finger out though.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Great changes by GvE, newy legend, knows what he is doing, all the players etc etc.

Fookmi.

MFKS
24-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad things improved otherwise we would all be looking forward to seeing Jesic and Galloway playing next week.

Also the return of Kanta would be greeted with similar joys that await on the day Lord Griffo announces he is coming home

seldom
25-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Great changes by GvE, newy legend, knows what he is doing, all the players etc etc.

Fookmi.

aahh...fookmi what happened to him used to enjoy readin his posts

hawk
25-11-2012, 08:36 PM

Fookmi.

he might put a foot right soon.

plague
28-11-2012, 03:13 PM
aahh...fookmi what happened to him used to enjoy readin his posts

Isn't he MFKS now?
If not they have to be related.
Batshit crazy the pair of em.

boz-monaut
28-11-2012, 03:16 PM
nah, they're totally different dickheads

plague
28-11-2012, 03:21 PM
So now GVE is still in the media telling everyone how he had so much stuff to weigh up before rejecting Sydney's offer.

Isn't he under contract?
Shouldn't that be all the **** he has to weigh up?
Wow geez Gaz, thanks for putting yourself out and gracing us by extending your tenure til at least the next offer comes in.
What a guy.
How bout weighing this up, how bout coaching the team to stop leaking goals and set them up to play for 90 minutes instead of the turd sandwich you're dishing up at the moment?
How bout that??????

/ has time to think more about it.

So if he left then Deans would be back in charge?
Oh shit, thanks for stayin Gaz.

Disinterested Bystander
28-11-2012, 03:59 PM
So now GVE is still in the media telling everyone how he had so much stuff to weigh up before rejecting Sydney's offer.

Isn't he under contract?
Shouldn't that be all the **** he has to weigh up?
Wow geez Gaz, thanks for putting yourself out and gracing us by extending your tenure til at least the next offer comes in.
What a guy.
How bout weighing this up, how bout coaching the team to stop leaking goals and set them up to play for 90 minutes instead of the turd sandwich you're dishing up at the moment?
How bout that??????

/ has time to think more about it.

So if he left then Deans would be back in charge?
Oh shit, thanks for stayin Gaz.

Don't get the "OMG those mean Smurfs tried to steal our coach" or the "GVE signed a contract so he has to see if out until the end date" angst to be honest. People get head hunted by other employers and people leave employers mid contract all the time in the real world. As long as the termination (by either party) is pursuant to the terms of the contract then there's nothing wrong with it - you give your notice/don't poach clients (or players in this case) etc and it's all above board.

plague
28-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't get the "OMG those mean Smurfs tried to steal our coach" or the "GVE signed a contract so he has to see if out until the end date" angst to be honest. People get head hunted by other employers and people leave employers mid contract all the time in the real world. As long as the termination (by either party) is pursuant to the terms of the contract then there's nothing wrong with it - you give your notice/don't poach clients (or players in this case) etc and it's all above board.

I agree, my point is that if you get head hunted but decide to stay, do you walk around the workplace for the next week telling everyone how hard it was but you've decided to stay for the good of mankind or some shit.

NO YOU DON'T CAUSE EVERYONE IN YOUR WORKPLACE WOULD THINK YOU'RE A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG.

Thomas477
28-11-2012, 06:02 PM
While I understand that in the normal workplace this is a common occurrence, had Sydney been in talks with one of our players who was still contracted, like Biraz, all shit would have broken loose.

Why is a coach all that different?

28-11-2012, 06:48 PM
As if the Egg didn't have a big enough head now living in the limelight of his one year wonder.

Raw Boned Youngster
28-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Being approached by the 'sky blues' will do nothing to control the ongoing demons that seem to continuously rage in Eggy's head; his ego and denial.
Not sure what he sees in the room of mirrors but, after reflection, it still seems to be everyone else's fault.

Remember, this is the guy who walked out during a time of need. It is also why I think players don't seem to 'get' his vision.
Other reasons, of course, could be that:
A. He doesn't appear to get it himself - other than his ability to rattle off superficial 'buzz words' and
B. They see him as a an overly opinionated lightweight.

The team is playing like an ad hoc, undercoached and confused team.

GazFish35
28-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Foz 2.0 should take control.

All decisions based on polls, including live in game decisions.

Slobs to startup front with griff in January.
Problems solved.

The Dunster
29-11-2012, 07:58 AM

It may be legal but it is certainly not ethical, or indeed within the best interests of the league for a club like Sydney, strongly connected with the FFA - to poach another teams coach.

The fact that GVE listened to their proposal rather than tell them he wasn not interested tells me he's still not the coach we want leading our club.

GazFish35
29-11-2012, 09:50 AM
strongly connected with the FFA - to poach another teams coach.

Thought this was not the case anymore.
Thought Lowy had sold his shares.

hawk
29-11-2012, 10:01 AM

How bout that??????.

The cogs must be a turnin. Youth is a great asset in hal but all at the back bahaaaaaaaaaaa

The Dunster
29-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Thought this was not the case anymore.
Thought Lowy had sold his shares.

It will always be the case regardless of whether or not Lowy owns shares.

Sydney FC are the FFA's team of choice and I don't see that changing any time soon.

It's like arguing that the Reserve Bank of Australia is independent, or that the "medical stories" we see on the news are not in fact advertising.

Disinterested Bystander
29-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree, my point is that if you get head hunted but decide to stay, do you walk around the workplace for the next week telling everyone how hard it was but you've decided to stay for the good of mankind or some shit.

NO YOU DON'T CAUSE EVERYONE IN YOUR WORKPLACE WOULD THINK YOU'RE A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG.

So where exactly was he shouting from the hilltops how he'd thought long and hard and decided to do the Jets a favour?

While I understand that in the normal workplace this is a common occurrence, had Sydney been in talks with one of our players who was still contracted, like Biraz, all shit would have broken loose.

Why is a coach all that different?

Probably because the rules regarding not offering deals to contracted players don't apply to coaches maybe, it aint rocket surgery.

It may be legal but it is certainly not ethical, or indeed within the best interests of the league for a club like Sydney, strongly connected with the FFA - to poach another teams coach.

The fact that GVE listened to their proposal rather than tell them he wasn not interested tells me he's still not the coach we want leading our club.

ahh, it's unethical, the good old refrain of the loser in a situation. Next you'll be saying it was downright unAustralian! And love the conspiracy theory touches re FFA/Sydney too :lol: As for 'how could he even consider it', who wouldn't consider a job offer, regardless of your current position? if you're trying to say you've never contemplated a change of employer or considered an offer from a competitor then you must be a saint (or a liar).

It will always be the case regardless of whether or not Lowy owns shares.

Sydney FC are the FFA's team of choice and I don't see that changing any time soon.

:roflz: Better make sure that tinfoil hat doesn't have any leaks!

MFKS
29-11-2012, 06:10 PM
So where exactly was he shouting from the hilltops how he'd thought long and hard and decided to do the Jets a favour?

Probably because the rules regarding not offering deals to contracted players don't apply to coaches maybe, it aint rocket surgery.

ahh, it's unethical, the good old refrain of the loser in a situation. Next you'll be saying it was downright unAustralian! And love the conspiracy theory touches re FFA/Sydney too :lol: As for 'how could he even consider it', who wouldn't consider a job offer, regardless of your current position? if you're trying to say you've never contemplated a change of employer or considered an offer from a competitor then you must be a saint (or a liar).

:roflz: Better make sure that tinfoil hat doesn't have any leaks!

Not disputing your points but the goings on of this offer from Sydney to the Egg are private and not really public consumption. All the Egg has to say is he was happy with his lot in Newy and he is looking forward to the glorious Newy future he was building blah blah blah insert cliches.

Well that is how an experienced Manager with good PR Skills should do it. The Egg on the other hand

We ain't dumb enough to not realise that the offer would have been tempting for the Egg and he has to consider his career and family situation before us but FFS now the decision has been made to stick with Newy give us a vote of confidence that he is keen to be here and excited to be continuing the work. Rabbiting on about it like he is doing us some great moral deed wears thin and pisses people off

plague
29-11-2012, 10:12 PM

ahh, it's unethical, the good old refrain of the loser in a situation. Next you'll be saying it was downright unAustralian!

I heard plenty of audio grabs over a number of days. Sorry I cant post audio on the foz. But as the Member said he could have just said no comment but instead wanted to point out that there was 'much to weigh up' and that 'the offer was significantly better' but it 'wasnt all about money'. (sorry for paraphrasing i didn't know the internetz was now fact checked).
As you know HSG and the print media are'nt besties but trust me its out there. Have a look fo yourself. As i said if someone made a point either at my workplace or (even worse) in the media saying how hard it was to honour a contract then id think they were an insufferable douchebag.

Fighting cancer is hard.
Going to war is hard.
Burying your child is hard.
Deciding to honour a contract you recently signed is not hard.

But im guessing that if you didnt hear it then it didnt really happen.

and as far as the ethics issue is concerned you should be careful, its not that black and white.

like it or not ethics play an important part of our business, social and sporting lives.
So i take it if ethics are nothing to worry about you will be fine with us never kicking the ball out for an injured opponent, or if we run up and score instead of giving the ball back after a drop ball etc. you're ok with this sort of stuff yeah?
If so thats awesome, you must sleep well at night being all kickass and all that.

theres winning, and theres winning by being a scumbag. i know who id rather be.

front2
29-11-2012, 10:58 PM
The cogs must be a turnin. Youth is a great asset in hal but all at the back bahaaaaaaaaaaa

The youth will be heading out in the turnstiles if gve implodes and the team crash out of making the finals series again.

Grunta
01-12-2012, 07:08 AM
For me the jury is still out regarding GVEs coaching ability with "his" squad but its funny the foz is buzzing with negative comments about GVE making it public that he wants to stay with the Jets.

I would have thought that's exactly what the team and fans would want to hear.

Maybe it's just a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

As for the issue of SFC approaching him in the first place, why not, this is business with a lot a stakeholders involved. People other than the coach will lose their jobs if teams aren't winning so you do what you have to do and it's a little naive to think otherwise.

If we have a problem with the ethics of big business maybe we should ask for a new owner.

howardyou
01-12-2012, 08:32 AM
theres losing, and theres winning by being a scumbag. i know who id rather be.

Fixed.

theres winning, and theres losing by being a scumbag. i know who id rather be.

although the above is true in Sydney FCs case

Jetmaster
01-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Deans to be top dog !

Van Egmond's plans for Jets' future

JAMES GARDINER Dec. 1, 2012, 4 a.m.

"At this moment I am in the position of being the head coach here, but down the track we have spoken already about succession plans with the likes of Craig [assistant coach Deans] coming in and myself moving into a technical director role," van Egmond said yesterday in his first interview since turning the Sydney approach down.

"Again with the Emerging Jets program coming in, I really want to be a part of that.

"Of course, there could be a massive offer come from somewhere else. You always have to look at those options.

"Right here and now, being in your home town, being able to coach your team in the A-League, getting that vision and philosophy into your A-League team and through into your youth team and developing that down into the Emerging Jets program, I think that is a really, really sought-after position from my point of view to get involved in."

Van Egmond said there was "no set time" for the transition and for the moment his focus was on leading the club to a second championship.

The Jets, in partnership with Northern NSW Football, are one of the first A-League clubs to establish a formal pathway from the under-10s through to the A-League. Trials have been held with the program set to start next year.

As technical director, van Egmond would oversee the football aspects of the club from the Emerging Jets through to the A-League.

"The most disappointing part of Newcastle is in the last half dozen years is we don't have any players in the Young Socceroos and we don't have any players in the Joeys," he said. "That doesn't make sense to me. This area is littered with talented kids and as they are getting older, from seven-, eight-, nine-, ten-year-olds, we should be able to nurture them better."

Van Egmond described the Sydney offer as "very, very lucrative" but added "money is not everything".

"We are extremely happy here and I'm extremely happy working for the Hunter Sports Group and developing this club into the best club it can be," van Egmond said.

Van Egmond cut short his first stay at the Jets in 2009 to take up a position at the Australian Institute of Sport. Then owner Con Constantine threatened to take legal action over his defection.

"Last time I left I had a four-year deal but I just didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel," he said.

01-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Not bloody likely.

Near puked on my corn flakes when reading of that possibilty.

Grimario
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
RBB here I come!

RedMexican
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM
RBB here I come!

Sounds like a great option.

la bazzle
01-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Gallaway will start every game under Deans. Deans out

q-money
01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
will immolate myself on the steps of the HSG superstore

au revoir
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
feelin' da heat.

belchardo
01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
me last week:

-------X-------------------|-------------------------
GVE -------------------neutral------------------- GVE
doin' --------------------------------------------- out
alright

me this week:

-------------------X-------|-------------------------
GVE -------------------neutral------------------- GVE
doin' --------------------------------------------- out
alright

Portillo
02-12-2012, 08:18 AM
GVE looks drunk sometimes.

boz-monaut
02-12-2012, 08:23 AM
no, you're thinking of Farina

shagga
03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Deans to be top dog !

Who does this bloke think he is, Sir Alex Ferguson!! Succession plans??? Another couple of losses and he should be sacked. The only reason he has Deans as an assistant is because he isn't a threat to him. He wants Deans to take over from him so he can still run the show from HIS Technical Director role. No one else would put up with him.

Last year he had not one but two former Premier League strikers, Jeffers and Bridges and never played them together part from a couple of cameo's when the game was lost. This year he has Bridges and Heskey but don't hold your breath waiting for these two to play together, it won't happen.

His obsession with playing 4-3-3 is killing us and Heskey. He needs another striker along side him, Bridges or give Taggart his chance. The way they play 3 up front is a croc of sh-t. Th two wide players are easily marked by the fullbacks and Heskey is always isolated. You want players running into deep wide positions from midield so you can put the opositions fullbacks in two minds. Our National team doesn't even play this crap system and now they are trying get all our kids to play it.

Also on Saturday night when both teams went down to 10 men and we were 1-0 down GVE takes off our playmaker, Ribeiro, who was doing well and brings on another defender. Didn't we want to score?

He brought all these players in at the start of the year and forgot the most important player of all, a distributor in central midfield to pull the strings. Casey where are you??

I hope we lose the next few games so we have a chance to get rid of this guy forever. He's a kiddies coach so go and coach the kids.

03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
No no no, nowhere near any kiddies. We want them learning the good stuff from the get go not learning bad habits.

RM has a lot to answer for bringing him back, it was an opportunity for a fresh start and the vision of RM was to look backward.

Jeterpool
04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
RM has a lot to answer for bringing him back, it was an opportunity for a fresh start and the vision of RM was to look backward.

Yes

mervan
05-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Who has been elevated above his current level

mervan
05-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Have nnsw elite pushed any players into the aleague since its inception?

belchardo
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
...bitter parent?

mervan
05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
The mariners appear to have produced a few?

mervan
05-12-2012, 09:17 PM
taggart must play he is a socceroo

mervan
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Will Hoole and Bradbury get elevated next year

05-12-2012, 10:30 PM
The mariners appear to have produced a few?

The mariners produce bugger all junior talent they pinch em from sydney.

sh10
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
the scum's "region" includes the northern Sydney associations - Gladesville-Hornsby etc

MFKS
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Will Hoole and Bradbury get elevated next year

Who's this bloke??

Definitely not a MFKS Multi.

Sort of half right and half wrong

Kale should be promoted now.

Heskey Out >> Kale In

hawk
08-12-2012, 09:17 PM
So, what's next Gaz? How do we get out of this unreal mess? Youth is great at the AIS init. What have we learned today?

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
GVE (and deans)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnnwmO8W1LQNjhfBZ1WYpOtVoEXxYFJ 4hmuCZTm5VTEah9rIdTqZNuT6p2NA

boz-monaut
08-12-2012, 10:01 PM
how can any manager see a player with a touch like Goodwin and think that he belongs on the bench - the bloke is all class and the fact Gary thinks he deserves the bench is proof he's clueless

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
So, what's next Gaz? How do we get out of this unreal mess? Youth is great at the AIS init. What have we learned today?

Come on hawk, we've heard it from the great man himself countless times: the AIS taught him so much and turned him into a vastly better coach than he was before.

What a joke.

Jeterpool
08-12-2012, 10:18 PM
His team, his players, his system.

No excuses. If you can't show up and perform against your rivals then who can you do it against?

I'm disgusted by how we play.

howardyou
08-12-2012, 10:23 PM
GvEs system got shown up tonight. We had less penetration than soft-core porn movie.

stopper2
08-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Why the last few weeks is Bernardo the first to be replaced? He along with Goodwin were our only sparks in attack yet Bernardo in recent weeks is always the first to come off. Typical GVE!

sammydog
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
For a coach that bangs on about a passing game, other than passing between the backs and Nash, the passing is near on non existent, unless of course pumping long balls straight down the middle counts.

Ribero off, leaving brown on was bizarre.

The GVE out bandwagon is starting to look pretty tempting, where do I get on?

howardyou
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
The GVE out bandwagon is starting to look pretty tempting, where do I get on?

Right here my friend. You have found the correct thread.

08-12-2012, 10:41 PM
was going to refer to GVE as mini bus but even half a coach is a bit of a stretch.

The Dunster
08-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I used to think GVE had no plan B. Now I'm convinced he doesn't have a plan A either.

He's effectively stopped us from scoring goals but done sweet FA with respect to us keeping the opposition from scoring.

Selections wise - Brown is simply not the player he once was and it's unlikely he ever will be. He's lost his speed and he also appears a little gun shy contesting the football as well.

Neville. No explanation required.

On the positive side Goodwin and Ribero were a breath of fresh air in that they at least looked like they were capable of scoring.

Grimario
08-12-2012, 10:50 PM

That we could probably win things with youth if our coach wasn't complete arse.

DEANS OUT.
GVE OUT.

BodyNovo
08-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Gotta go

scozzygt
09-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Correct me if iam sounding old fashioned, but I just cant hack this goalie throws to full back, then hey, ill pass to you, you pass to me back, me pass back to you, back to gk, pass to me again, me pass to you, you pass back again,opp team pressing, oh ****, its getting hard now, ah **** it, ill just kick it up tha middle, oops wrong shirt colour!!! WTF?
Where is your up tempo,one touch, short, sharp, players supporting tha ball holder, running into space system dutchy?
And can you spend a day through tha week, when your not ironing your suit, having your disciples trying to cross a few
balls into tha 6 yard box?

hawk
09-12-2012, 12:05 AM
So you turn left at the F3 then....

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3A%2F%2Fi.haymarket.net.a u%2FNews%2FKGA_1623.JPG&w=653

seldom
09-12-2012, 01:18 AM
how can any manager see a player with a touch like Goodwin and think that he belongs on the bench - the bloke is all class and the fact Gary thinks he deserves the bench is proof he's clueless

I blame the member !

northern_swan
09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
GvEs system got shown up tonight. We had less penetration than soft-core porn movie.

This.

Sydney...you want???

De-Champ
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
GVE is lucky he has his own squad, lucky he had a pre season, imagine the results if this was not the case.

q-money
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
lol

furns
09-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Next couple of games will show Garys worth. Away to Glory where we traditionally suck the arse, and then at home to a Sydney with a new coach who just won away at Wellington and will have most of their stars back.

no points out of the next two games and we could end up out of the top 6.

GazFish35
09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Gary has shown his worth.
Greek economy is worth more.

pistolpete
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Next couple of games will show Garys worth. Away to Glory where we traditionally suck the arse, and then at home to a Sydney with a new coach who just won away at Wellington and will have most of their stars back.

We won't win again until February

seldom
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
GVE lost me when he refused all assistant coaches with credentials and opted for Deans FFS

militiamon
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
GVE lost me when he refused all assistant coaches with credentials and opted for Deans FFS

wat

He actually brought Papas in to try and get around the fact that the club wanted Deans as assistant. GVE wasn't going to be able to demote Deans from caretaker coach to youth coach or less, especially after Deans had a reasonable run in charge (in the simplistic eyes of many).

stopper2
09-12-2012, 08:06 PM
^^^
Didn't GVE say in the media last week that eventually he wanted to go into a "Technical Director" type role and that Deans would then come in as coach!!!

parksey
09-12-2012, 09:44 PM

seriously, although a lot of people on here rib him as a joke, what exactly is wrong with deans?

seldom
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Forgot about old Papsmear...Garys yes man at the AIS

hawk
10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
dont let 3 years near the wooden spoon worry you about the great side we'll have in the future, if we keep them, and they dont get injured, and if gve stays and he coaches sensibly. :sigh::blush:

seldom
10-12-2012, 12:07 AM
"Technical Director"

fvckin lol

Rocknerd
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
We won't win again until February

well that's going to be fun!

Perth

Sydney

Victory

Adelaide

brisbane

Gypo's

Wellington

Feb 2 Sydney. Feb 9 Wanderers, Feb 16 heart, Feb 22 Brisbane

Crowds should be in free fall by then and we will be the ones being spanked by the monkeys!

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
FFS some of you ****s need a bit of a reality check.

We always have some type of mid season meltdown where the wheels fall off. Sooner or later it comes back together for us and the wins start coming. Chin Up ****ers and keep the faith

Probably roll Perth this week end

lquiquer
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM

We'll win in Perth....2-0 (Heskey and Bernardo)

Grimario
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
We'll win in Perth....2-0 (Heskey and Bernardo)

Surely GVE has had enough of Bernardo not scoring goals so he will be benched in order to accommodate Griff in the middle

lquiquer
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Surely GVE has had enough of Bernardo not scoring goals so he will be benched in order to accommodate Griff in the middle

I would leave Brown out

Grimario
11-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I would leave Brown out

As would everyone from about 15 minutes after his return... but GVE is playing favourites, obviously.

The Dunster
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/images/5914.jpg

BodyNovo
13-12-2012, 10:43 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFgc6q8XWvsiR7rpJAqIRKbiy90jXDX wt1YL3or9Cr8uNl8VAXEFS6TTV_

Bremsstrahlung
13-12-2012, 10:53 AM
GVE on Jets insider this week. Email him questions, apparently will answer. See Jets Twitter for the links. On mobile atm.

la bazzle
13-12-2012, 06:10 PM
He makes deans look promising

WolfMan
13-12-2012, 09:03 PM
GVE on Jets insider this week. Email him questions, apparently will answer. See Jets Twitter for the links. On mobile atm.

Got this one in too late for them I think...or they took editorial liberties...

"@NewcastleJetsFC Why hve our f-backs been running away from centre-backs with the ball, forcing long ball that amounts to zero? #JetsInsider"

vikingjet
14-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Looks like the tide is turning in this thread. Nice...

Beeen
14-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Hope you read this egg.
http://i.imgur.com/d81yN.gif?1

militiamon
14-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Still goes good I reckon. The whinging is getting a bit tired, and we're only 10 games into the season.

Still in a better position than 5 other teams.

boz-monaut
14-12-2012, 01:41 PM
wonder what Steve Kean is up to these days

furns
14-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I hear Avram Grant is available, and he only wants $1.5mil a season....

Then he can sit back and let Bridgey do everything

The Camel
14-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I hear Avram Grant is available, and he only wants $1.5mil a season....

Then he can sit back and let Bridgey do everything

Bridgey for Manager

weston
14-12-2012, 10:58 PM
2 weeks buddy.... thats al you got.... 2 weeks than i start GVE out..... seriously.... wtf???? where is goodwin???

boz-monaut
14-12-2012, 11:25 PM
if Middleby, GvE and Deans are still employed at the end of the season it's the same as spitting in the face of all Novocastrians

this is disgusting, a ****ing disgrace and an insult to the football history of this region

weston
14-12-2012, 11:27 PM
**** the 2 weeks.... GTFO!!!!

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Ernie Merrick

sammydog
14-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Anyone

boz-monaut
14-12-2012, 11:32 PM
also, a polo neck shirt with a jacket?

bloke has no idea

Beeen
14-12-2012, 11:37 PM
also, a polo neck shirt with a jacket?

bloke has no idea

Was going to mention that. Clearly Deans is rubbing off on him.

furns
14-12-2012, 11:37 PM
So, Miron Bleiberg or an overseas coach?

sammydog
14-12-2012, 11:38 PM
At least Miron is good value in interviews.

Pico
14-12-2012, 11:51 PM
At least Miron is good value in interviews.

But with HSG's Media blackout he'd be wasted, Merrick would be a good fit with his already frosty relationship with talking to the media he should fit right in.

militiamon
14-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Ok, I'm joining this if we don't see a rapid improvement over the next few weeks. Tonight was disappointing, not because of the result but because of the way we played. Together with the Phoenix game it was the worst performance I've seen since away games under Branko.

imo he needs to grow some balls, stop listening to idiots and stop caving in to pressure. Drop Heskey. Go to the 4-3-3 that the youth team plays. Bring back the short-passing, the movement and high intensity we showed we can play in the pre-season. It's now or never basically.

PS Please don't mention Miron's name. Please. If we are thinking of potential replacements, Papas and Merrick are the names that should be mentioned. However, there will most likely only be one candidate, and that is C Deans.

sammydog
14-12-2012, 11:55 PM
But with HSG's Media blackout he'd be wasted, Merrick would be a good fit with his already frosty relationship with talking to the media he should fit right in.

HSG are on the way out if Miron can keep quiet for a few weeks.

Miron In.

weston
14-12-2012, 11:59 PM
GVE out.... MEL in

15-12-2012, 12:13 AM
What a useless C&*t of a coach this man is. Cashflow means we are probably stuck with the f%c&ker til his contract is up. Shame those responsible for bringing him back and thinking what a masterstroke don't get the punt also.

hawk
15-12-2012, 12:25 AM
What a useless C&*t of a coach this man is. Cashflow means we are probably stuck with the f%c&ker til his contract is up. Shame those responsible for bringing him back and thinking what a masterstroke don't get the punt also.

http://www.acco.com.au/products/img/Zoom/zSAB21072%20Sabco%20Outdoor%20Premium%20Broom%20wi th%20Handle%20DEI.jpg

MFKS
15-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Ironic thing with it is although I agree the decision to bring GVE back was wrong I still won't waiver on my backing him and calling for someone else to take over.

Another 20 months of rebuilding and replacing players under a new manager **** THAT
When the Egg will most likely turn it around for us within 6>> 12 months.

No point thinking short term here on the back of the usual Xmas time shocker period coming early this year

seldom
15-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I actually believe that the jets will turn things around...not cause GVEs tactics but more to do with Heskeys and Griffs experience...they'll start to form their own system

BodyNovo
15-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Arthur papas is our man

The Camel
15-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Arthur papas is our man

Raymond Verheijen

The Camel
15-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Is GVE contracted to The Newcastle Jets? or HSG?

I noticed in the article regarding the winding up order that they are 3 seperate entities and that Wayne Bennett is contracted to HSG and not the Knights under his contractural arrangements. Would be interesting is GVE has a similar arrangement. If someone were to take the Jets of Tinks' hands and separate from HSG. GVE and Middleby for that matter could quite potentially be out of contract.

Would just need to find said person to take the club of Tinks and not run it into the ground.

parksey
15-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Drop Heskey.

:arse:

i forgot what what i was gonna say about this game

la bazzle
15-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Why blame heskey? Dudes the only reason we have the points we have at the mo. probs is Gary is a useless piece of shit. How silly were we all to forget his last reign of terror? Same thing is happening. Dude reminds me of a cross between craftsman and ed

Football is us
15-12-2012, 03:02 AM
We are leaking goals heavily. Heskey is good, but 'one man, a team does not make'. Again, the illustrious Van God has failed to address the basic problem. A problem of his own making in fact.

He has recruited a lot of promising young talent, and as individuals, they are quite skilfull, and I'm sure, in years to come, most of these young players will mature into excellent team performers.

Either , in the words of Van God "they don't get it" or, they miss the guiding experience of people like Casey Wierman. I know Wierman stepped out of line in the publicity arena, and he shouldn't have done so, but Van God's reaction to it was simply to drop him. Surely he could have had a quiet word to Wierman to sort out their differences, and then move on, rathert han simply drop him. he could have gained the benefit of Wierman's influence on the park.

Another player who Van God is overlooking is Bridges. Bridges is probably the most intelligent footballer on the Newcastle books, and to team him with Heskey for a decent amount of time would surely reap benefits in the goal scorong department. If not for each other, they would almost certainly set up goal scoring opportunities for others. If Van God feels that they are not capable of ninety minutes, he could surely start them together, and give them some decent game time to open up a lead that the youngsters might hen be able to defend or improve on.

The Laws of the game don't mention possession as the criteria fo winning a game .... its scoring more goals than your opponent that wins the match.

Bridges is one of the squads most skillfull and intelligent players, qualities that can rub off to the younger players and lead them to better decision making.

I don't know of it's simply arrogance or incompetence on Van God's part, or perhaps that he cannot handle having two players with more footballing knowledge than he, but he should at least start the game with the best team he has available to him ..... and Bridges is out and out class and should start with Heskey, yet he didn't even get a seat on the aeroplane.

halo se7en
15-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Let's hand a debut to a kid in possibly the toughest fixture we play, then pull him at HT because for some odd reason, he's not playing that well. ****ing Pinto all over again...

nbnjet
15-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Your joking right..

GazFish35
15-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Wherman was a great tactician.
He really knew how read both game plans at once, and the ability to transfer his knowledge to others.

pv4
15-12-2012, 07:54 AM
gve out. Robbie middleby out. deans out.

griff in. ljubo in. papas in

halo se7en
15-12-2012, 09:34 AM
elaborate nbnjet?

boz-monaut
15-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I think he meant "you're joking right?"

Raw Boned Youngster
15-12-2012, 10:27 AM
loudish whispers of GVE back to AIS.

militiamon
15-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Why blame heskey? Dudes the only reason we have the points we have at the mo. probs is Gary is a useless piece of shit. How silly were we all to forget his last reign of terror? Same thing is happening. Dude reminds me of a cross between craftsman and ed

Heskey hasn't played too badly during this losing streak, although he has missed quite a few half-chances imo.

The real problem is that he doesn't suit GVE's style, and it's something that has ****ed us from the start of the season. If GVE wants to turn things around quickly, we need to get back to playing how we played during the pre-season. Dropping Heskey is the first thing that needs to be done. It's about all that's left for him.

The only thing worse than GVE's tactical decisions at the moment are the suggestions (or demands) from the Newcastle football intelligentsia. I mean far out, look at these people.

Bridges up front with Heskey? The guy struggles to break into a jog.
Kasey Wehrman a good influence? lol.
Bring in Miron to replace GVE? haha, for real

norks
15-12-2012, 10:59 AM
GVE=Mr Bubbles

stopper2
15-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I was willing to give GVE the benefit of the doubt but I can clearly see now that his judgement in picking the strongest XI every week is clouded for whatever reason or agendas. Oxborrow from what I've seen of him in a few NBN league games this year is still a fair way off A-League standard, yet he gives him a run in a crucial away match against arguably the most physical side in the comp. Meanwhile he leaves midfielders like Pepper and Ribiero (who have shown they can cut it at this level) at home. What was he thinking and what was he trying to prove by handing Oxborrow a starting position???
It backfired badly, the lad was virtually non-existent in the first half and his mistake led to Perth's first goal. At half-time he is in damage control and subs Oxborrow and puts on the more experienced Brillante but we are already chasing the game.
"Super-coach" Deans mentioned just the other week in reference to Kale Bradbury that with his purple patch of goal-scoring that they want to see him scoring at a goal/game before he even gets considered for the first team. Okay, so what was the criteria in picking Oxborrow in the first team??? Has he been "tearing" up the Youth League that much that he deserved to be called up? From what I've seen on performances on the park over much of the past year, if there was anyone to come up from the Youth it would hands-down be Andrew Hoole not Oxborrow.
GVE clearly has no idea on who to pick and when to pick them, who to leave on the bench, who to bring on later and that was all confirmed last night!

Smeezyy
15-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Gary out etc etc.

Bridges is wasted talent sitting in Newcastle watching from his living room. The bloke should either be on the sidelines coaching the lads, or on the field wearing the armband telling everyone to ignore Garys "direction".

GazFish35
15-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Gary out etc etc.

Bridges is wasted talent sitting in Newcastle watching from his living room. The bloke should either be on the sidelines coaching the lads, or on the field wearing the armband telling everyone to ignore Garys "direction".

Good to see your views on football have evolved

Bremsstrahlung
15-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I would like to see: (assuming players are all fit)
----------------Bira -------------------

Hoole -- Tiago/Mitchell -- Chapman --Ritter

Zad/Virgilli--Ribeiro---Jobe/Zad-- Goodwin With ribeiro pushing in attack. Jobe/Zad Dropping in defence.

-----------Griffiths -- Heskey---------------- (rotating around)

Bench:
BK
Virgili/Jobe
Taggart
Kanta/Pepper/Bradberry or whoever else is good.

Tiago/Mitchell only because I think we need somebody with some experience at the back. Alternatively Regan who is a proven good communicator and would have played with Chapman/Hoole in youth.

Football is us
15-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Gary out etc etc.

So true. Even if Bridges can't do the 90 minutes, he's smart and a good leader. A Bridges- Heskey combination should be given a decent run. Both Bridges and Heskey have played under managers of much higher calibre than our arrogant Van God. As a number of people have pointed out, Heskey must be wondering what in the hell is going on, with the poor service he's getting.

Give them the opportunity to work together and lead the others and they will soon start to break down opposing defences. If we had a 2 or 3 goal buffer at 2/3 rds time and Bridges can't handle the pace (although I think he can), then sub him off. We are leaking goals alarmingly, and if Van God can't sort it, we need to score more ... giving the almighty time to sort the defence (which I think he claimed was sorted earlier in the season.)

The Dunster
15-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think Chapman and Regan would have played many, if any games together in NYL.

Smeezyy
15-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Good to see your views on football have evolved

Well I gave myself the off season to think about it, but I have come to the conclusion that Birdges is still class as ever.

GazFish35
15-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Who is Birdges

boz-monaut
15-12-2012, 02:18 PM
this guy

http://media.nola.com/new_orleans_soccer_impact/photo/chicken-goaliejpg-b0b64d8dd10c15a2_large.jpg

pv4
15-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Heskey is a class act that was brought in to strengthen the side, which he has done. the system is still able to be utilized with him in the squad, but gve is going about it completely the wrong way. Heskey does not need to be dropped, that suggestion is one of the worst I've heard this season.

militiamon
15-12-2012, 03:32 PM
He might be the best player we've ever had but he has also killed the playing style which the team was built around.

Not his fault, but dropping him is the quickest and most GVE-compatible solution.

Bremsstrahlung
15-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I can't see us dropping Heskey. I think we need to have somebody next to him all the time. So when we hoof it, there's 2 people to aim for.

Grimario
15-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I can't see us dropping Heskey. I think we need to have somebody next to him all the time. So when we hoof it, there's 2 people to aim for.
That's hardly a solution though. We mightas well just play a 424 and have 3 around Heskey if that is seriously how we are going to play.

Tommyjet
15-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Wouldn't hurt for Heskey to be subbed around the 65-70 min mark in future games especially if the game is panning out like it has the last few games. A ryu and taggart combinations with ribiero in behind and 1 bloody deep-lying mid for a change would be nice to see. So sick of seeing 2 mids sitting barely 2 m infront of the back four while virgili and co are trying to break with no one to pass it to.

Old Wise Man
15-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Not to mention that Bridges & Heskey played up front at nation level for england, but no, big ego GVE wont even give them 1 start up front together!
Instead give a young bloke a start in the middle, then when he makes a mistake blame him, dont stand behind your decision, then totally destroy his confidence.

Even when we won games we played shit. we were lucky!

Piss the formation off, its not working, and even when you come out and say your playing attracive football, you must hae been watching a barcelona game and got upset
Leave your tinkering to your bedroom, and get some stability and some consistency!!

Get the experienced boys back in there and give the young boys some time off the bench and when they play well consecutively give them a start.

Or just piss off back to the AIS, your a pretender with a big ego!

GazFish35
15-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Get terry venables to replace him.

hawk
15-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Heskey is a class act that was brought in to strengthen the side, which he has done. the system is still able to be utilized with him in the squad, but gve is going about it completely the wrong way. Heskey does not need to be dropped, that suggestion is one of the worst I've heard this season.

lulzathon. to strengthen a kids team, what hope has he got.

These kids mean well, try hard, have a bit of talent and could do well if slotted into a team with 8 other experienced players. But GVE has set them up to fail with too much inexperience. This season was always stuffed, next, no better. Either get 6 expereinced players in or GVE to go play football Sims on easy level.

BodyNovo
15-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm sick of the playing attractive football>3 Points

The gypos play terrible football yet they win

Give it up Gary

boz-monaut
15-12-2012, 08:59 PM
since when have we been playing attractive football?

BodyNovo
15-12-2012, 09:06 PM
We haven't been but Gary is intent on us playing some Barcelona quality shit.

stopper2
15-12-2012, 10:23 PM
We haven't been but Gary is intent on us playing some Barcelona quality shit.

I think he used the term "high-pressing possession based" in the pre-season.

Even commentators like Bozza and Rudes are saying that GVE should be simply playing players who are performing and not constantly "tinkering" with the side. Imagine how players must feel when you've played well one week and then next week find that you are on the bench or not even in the squad.....has happened just about every week e.g Goodwin, Virgili, Ribeiro, Regan and Chapman have had decent games and then been left out the following week. FFS the comp is only 27 rounds and you only have 1 game/week so there should be no need to "rest" players.

Imyourhero
15-12-2012, 10:41 PM
How about they just go back to practicing the basics at training as I've consistently seen some the most fundamental basics of football horribly missing from games each week.
1. A successful 5 yard pass.
2. A successful 10 yard pass.
3. Successfully crossing the ball.
4. Pass and MOVE.
5. Don't go flying into tackles when you obviously have no chance of winning the ball.
6. Repeat the last 5 steps, i mean seriously c'mon......you're meant to be "professional footballers".

seldom
15-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Seen many coaches at all levels over the years and the ones that continually change players and formations are the ones doomed to fail

Football is us
16-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Not to mention that Bridges & Heskey played up front at nation level for england, but no, big ego GVE wont even give them 1 start up front together!
Instead give a young bloke a start in the middle, then when he makes a mistake blame him, dont stand behind your decision, then totally destroy his confidence.

Even when we won games we played shit. we were lucky!

Piss the formation off, its not working, and even when you come out and say your playing attracive football, you must hae been watching a barcelona game and got upset
Leave your tinkering to your bedroom, and get some stability and some consistency!!

Get the experienced boys back in there and give the young boys some time off the bench and when they play well consecutively give them a start.

Or just piss off back to the AIS, your a pretender with a big ego!

Couldn't agree with you more. Van God has to be a dill, he couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

We were lucky to come away from the Wanders game with points, and we were lucky to beat the Central Coast in our first game against them.

The promised high tempo, high pressing game has hardly been seen. We have two high quality strikers in Heskey and Bridges, and although advancing in years, they have more football knowledge and a deft touch than Van God can ever hope to have.

Start Heskey and Bridges together, and give them a relatively free reign up front, and allow them to lead and inspire the younger players .... they've seen and played more football than our supposedly illustrious Van God can ever dream about.

And as for attractive football .... its mostly dead bloody boring. Full back passes to full back, and again , and again ... oh we better give the keeper a touch, so back to the keeper, and when Kennedy is the keeper, he either kicks the ball out, or the opposition gain the ball from it.

In regard to dropping Heskey, he is the reason we have the points we have.

Is Van God and his larger than life ego simply frightened that his two best players, in Bridges and Heskey, and others like Goodwin might overshadow him?

He's spoken a few times now of some of the players playing with fear ... is he confusing that with his own fear?

Imyourhero
16-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I would also like to bring up that GVE was running our youth in the AIS at the exact time our youth couldn't score goals and played boring football.

60% possession isn't so impressive when 50% of that was between the keeper and fullback alone. No point "keeping possession" if you can't score a bloody goal.
Step one of football, score more than the opponent!

Football is us
16-12-2012, 01:21 AM
I would also like to bring up that GVE was running our youth in the AIS at the exact time our youth couldn't score goals and played boring football.

60% possession isn't so impressive when 50% of that was between the keeper and fullback alone. No point "keeping possession" if you can't score a bloody goal.

Exactly, every word of it! If we leak goals , we need to score more then them .... the basic aim of the game .... and it provides entertaining football as well.

parksey
16-12-2012, 02:57 AM
how about we adapt our system to suit heskey hey

Skirt Boy
16-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Play 442

Get it wide, use pacey wingers, cross it into the box.............jobs done.

late_to_the_game
16-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Agree with the comment about the basics -
Did anyone else notice that when Perth had a throw in, they mostly kept posession?
When we had a throw in, within two passes Perth had posession?

militiamon
16-12-2012, 12:25 PM
The comments on this page are exactly why I don't want Gary to go.

Barbarians at the gate.

The Dunster
16-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Fan: Are you playing this week ?

Player: Well, I played well last week but with Gary that could mean I'm on the bench or dropped.

Could be a player having a laugh. Might be a player telling it how it is.

I hope it was a player having a laugh.

16-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Fan: Are you playing this week ?

Player: Well, I played well last week but with Gary that could mean I'm on the bench or dropped.

Could be a player having a laugh. Might be a player telling it how it is.

I hope it was a player having a laugh.

Was going to say " said " player fits Ribeiro profile but then realised that could one any number of players.

seldom
16-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Play 442

Get it wide, use pacey wingers, cross it into the box.............jobs done.

SB on the money

belchardo
16-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Agree with the comment about the basics -
Did anyone else notice that when Perth had a throw in, they mostly kept posession?
When we had a throw in, within two passes Perth had posession?

Exactly, every word of it! If we leak goals , we need to score more then them .... the basic aim of the game .... and it provides entertaining football as well.

good to see a few of the players jumping on the foz to vent. :D

belchardo
16-12-2012, 08:20 PM
loudish whispers of GVE back to AIS.

good. will quit my job, and on behalf of all jets fans, walk the 100m to the AIS and boo him every day.

boz-monaut
16-12-2012, 08:25 PM
good to see a few of the players jumping on the foz to vent. :D
you're not the first person to suggest this

not true though

furns
16-12-2012, 09:48 PM
shame

miss the days of ljubes truth bombs

boz-monaut
16-12-2012, 10:02 PM
best capo we ever had

Beeen
17-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Can someone kindly inform me if the team still trains on a Tuesday morning?

cobra23
17-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Van god is shit,
im starting to hate watching the jets becasuse of this joker.
fu$k him off before crowds get to a low point or football will be considerd boring in newcastle

pv4
17-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Van god is shit,
im starting to hate watching the jets becasuse of this joker.
fu$k him off before crowds get to a low point or football will be considerd boring in newcastle

basically the whole time under branko we were even more boring than we are now. the only thing exciting about the branko days was ljubo.

i'm actually enjoying being shit, and freely admitting it, again. feels like home. the way it should be.

this weekend, after we concede in the 6th minute, let's get the "we're shit, and we know we are, we're shit, and we know we are" chant going for the rest of the match.

hauss
17-12-2012, 09:37 AM
The only problem I have with the GVE out scenario is that Craig Deans is already favoured as the replacement by the Jets management.

It certainly looked like GVE had Arthur Papas earmarked as his right hand man when he came back - he was given a place on the bench at games even though he was only youth coach. My opinion from the start was that Gary needs a highly skilled assistant to counter-balance his weaknesses and it looked like this combination would work well.

I assume that Papas found that there was no way to dislodge Deans and so moved on.

The comments from Gary and the club about the Sydney coaching role were interesting. The fact that Gary is setting himself up to oversee the emerging Jets program and no longer has the "career manager" mentality that he came to the club with to me means that he's not comfortable with the way the football operations in the club are running.

From the outside, it certainly looks like nobody has each others back. Which is what you would expect looking at how the club is run from Troy Palmer down.

cobra23
17-12-2012, 12:45 PM
The bloke that should be next in line to VAN shit god is BOBBY NOUMOV, that bloke is a waste of coaching
talent.
He needs some role in the jets

stopper2
17-12-2012, 06:21 PM
basically the whole time under branko we were even more boring than we are now. the only thing exciting about the branko days was ljubo.

i'm actually enjoying being shit, and freely admitting it, again. feels like home. the way it should be.

this weekend, after we concede in the 6th minute, let's get the "we're shit, and we know we are, we're shit, and we know we are" chant going for the rest of the match.
I disagree, Branko's era never reached the lows of the past month.

militiamon
17-12-2012, 06:58 PM
^ hahahaha.

Also, will someone please explain to me why that guy keeps calling him "Van God". Was there a memo that I missed or something?

pv4
17-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I disagree, Branko's era never reached the lows of the past month.

you must have been watching a completely different era

do you remember the time with a month or two to go we were 2nd and wound up 6th, then crashed in the semis to Wellington away?

militiamon
17-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Agree. The performances lately have been shit, some of GVE's selections have been frustrating as fxxx, but they're nowhere near the same level of the away performances under Branko.

My feeling on the rest of the season:

< 6th place = GVE out
5th or 6th = depends on how well we do in the finals, GVE possibly out
1st to 4th = GVE in, build for next season