PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Confederations Cup

belchardo
27-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Draw was held tonight. We've got germany, chile and the african champs.

Germany on 19 June
Africans on 22 June
Chile on 25 June

Tough but do-able in my opinion. should be aiming for semi's.

boz-monaut
28-11-2016, 09:00 AM
I admire your optimism

Macca
28-11-2016, 09:03 AM
The same team that's been struggling in qualifying through Asian groups is not gonna make a dent against two or maybe all three of them. Wouldn't be surprised if we bottomed the group without some serious improvement.

Footballers
02-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Draw was held tonight. We've got germany, chile and the african champs.

Germany on 19 June
Africans on 22 June
Chile on 25 June

Tough but do-able in my opinion. should be aiming for semi's.

Thank you very much .

belchardo
13-06-2017, 08:23 AM
jedinak out of the tournament according to ABC

MFKS
13-06-2017, 09:48 AM
jedinak out of the tournament according to ABC
Good

Bloke is past it already

One less Gypo in the squad

Imyourhero
13-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Milligan > Jedinak anyways

De-Champ
14-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Milligan > Jedinak anyways

From last night's erformance, Miligan? Jedinak? makes no difference.

belchardo
15-06-2017, 09:01 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-15/confederations-cup-referees-can-stop-games-over-discrimination/8622372

can see this working brilliantly.

belchardo
15-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Socceroos Schedule

Socceroos v Germany (Group B match)
Tuesday June 20, 1am, Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi

Socceroos v Cameroon (Group B match)
Friday June 23, 1am, Saint Petersburg Stadium

Socceroos v Chile (Group B match)
Monday June 26, 1am, Otkrytie Arena, Moscow

Other games
Russia v New Zealand - Sunday 18 June, 1am
Portugal v Mexico - Monday 19 June, 1am
Cameroon v Chile - Monday 19 June, 1am
Russia v Portugal - Thursday 22 June, 1am
Mexico v New Zealand - Thursday 22 June, 4am
Germany v Chile - Friday 23 June, 4am
Mexico v Russia - Sunday 25 June, 1am
New Zealand v Portugal - Sunday 25 June, 1am
Germany v Cameroon - Monday 26 June, 1am

Semi-final 1 - Thursday June 29, 4am, Kazan Arena, Kazan
Semi-final 2 - Friday June 30, 4am, Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi
Third place play-off - Sunday July 2, 10pm
Final - Monday July 3, 4am, Saint Petersburg Stadium

all games on Optus, socceroos on SBS and semis and finals

belchardo
15-06-2017, 09:14 PM
who do you think will ship more goals - Aus or NZ?

plague
15-06-2017, 10:36 PM
who do you think will ship more goals - Aus or NZ?

Australia, easily.

boz-monaut
18-06-2017, 08:24 PM
so the Kiwis lost to the Russians last night

tonight's game will determine which is the greatest nation in the world, Mexico or Portugal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZjtX1QrYW4

furns
19-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Portugal v Mehico was a great game in patches. Draw was a fair result.
ALso, never let it be said that we are the only nation with a shonky defence.

The Dunster
19-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Germany by at least 4 goals. Socceroos only chance is to go old school and kick the shit out of them.

pv4
19-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Germany by at least 4 goals. Socceroos only chance is to go old school and kick the shit out of them.

Imo this is the one game I reckon we'll get points out of

MFKS
19-06-2017, 07:53 PM

See i reckon we actually have less of a chance now the Germans have picked their second stringers

These blokes are playing for the remaining spots in their squad for Russia.

They be more interested in sending a message to the manager than the likes of Ozil Kroos Muller Neuer etc who would get the job done and coast

I think we do much better against the African team. For some reason Aussies go well against them

plague
20-06-2017, 12:58 AM
too many gypos.

we doomed

plague
20-06-2017, 01:01 AM
ok we lasted longer than the Brazil game before conceding.

moving forward.

plague
20-06-2017, 01:04 AM
bhahahahahahha we stink

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:12 AM
FFS Ange is a muppet we don't have the players or the pace to play this system and we look clueless everytime we play quality opposition

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 01:14 AM
This formation is bad isn't it, it just lets the opposition run the ball into dangerous wide areas.

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:16 AM
This formation is bad isn't it, it just lets the opposition run the ball into dangerous wide areas.

Thats because Mooy and Rogic have to track the wide cbs/Fbs when they push on and they dont

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:17 AM
Its like the Jerks no looking when they pass and ball watching / no marking in defense

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 01:21 AM
It's very painful!

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 01:24 AM
Can we buy some defenders?
Not that we would use them

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Ange to persist with this formation all game Germany to win by 6+ goals

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 01:32 AM
Ange to persist with this formation all game Germany to win by 6+ goals

He has no choice but to stick with it, that's the issue. He has constantly spoken about it and how it will work. If he changes it now he looks silly. If he doesn't change it, odds are, he is going to look sillier!

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:34 AM
He has no choice but to stick with it, that's the issue. He has constantly spoken about it and how it will work. If he changes it now he looks silly. If he doesn't change it, odds are, he is going to look sillier!

Then his ego has got the better of him and will cost the team as it is already

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:43 AM
Rogic get in son. Not deserved but ill take it

The Dunster
20-06-2017, 01:43 AM
Mooy is useless under pressure - and only shines against weak opposition. His defensive work rate and effort is appalling. Rogic is the same making Ange a fool to play them together.

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Mooy is useless under pressure - and only shines against weak opposition. His defensive work rate and effort is appalling. Rogic is the same making Ange a fool to play them together.

Irvine should be starting however I still think mooy is good. Lots of pressure in the Championship but agree on his poor workrate

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 01:48 AM
Irvine should be starting however I still think mooy is good. Lots of pressure in the Championship but agree on his poor workrate

Mooy gave the ball away more in that 45 than he did the whole championship season.

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Our assistant coach just commented on us getting back into the game at one point ummm like **** we did

The Dunster
20-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Mooy in a weak championship team would be completely exposed. He relies too much on others to create space becauuse he lacks the abillity to do it himself.

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 02:07 AM
How do you switch off and not track runs straight after half time

The Dunster
20-06-2017, 02:10 AM
More Mooy defensive magic lol...gifting Germany a 3rd goal. hook him ffs Ange!

StannyCFCJET
20-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Lucky their Keeper is shit

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Lucky their Keeper is shit
He isn't great is he!

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 02:28 AM
Can we play Matt Ryan on the field? He has a better passing game than any of our other players!

The Dunster
20-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Luongo off and we seem like a better team ~ troisi doig well since coming on

leftrightout
20-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Luongo off and we seem like a better team ~ troisi doig well since coming on

Mooy playing a lot better since troisi comes on.

The Dunster
20-06-2017, 02:59 AM
Much better 2nd half-and if Luongo gets another chance i will be surprised based on his recent shitness

plague
20-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Luongo was trash German keeper was trash.

MFKS
20-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Disagree we had a better second half

We were still shit

We had a bit more ball but that was down to the Germans not pressing us

In the first half they did and raped us all over except on the score board

Low must have gone in and told them get another goal ice the game and park the bus and avoid injury as we don't want to embarass them

Because that is what they did

On another note Plague
Mooy a NPL level player again. You see how shit he was??

And too many ****ing Gypos in the side
FFS does that **** in goals ever make a save for us??

Jetmaster
20-06-2017, 11:23 AM
He relies too much on others to create space becauuse he lacks the abillity to do it himself.

This can be said about many of the Socceroos - they are taken up a gear by the quality around them with their clubs. I mean Leckie....ffs.

And Kruse should be nowhere near the first team until he is playing regular club football - he had the touch of the proverbial and looked knackered after 30 mins of football.

Anyone who has read Ange's book knows how stubborn he is - he is now trying to balance "belief" with "fantasy".

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Ryan head and shoulders above Langerak. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
Also, can we go back to 4 at the back? Unless the plan is qualify playing this absurd and clearly not great formation, and then changing it pre-world cup (should we qualify) to catch teams off guard? Or get 3 at the back and play some good wing backs that will be able to track back and defend but push forward.

And no more Luongo starting please. Irvine has done much better in recent games.

MFKS
20-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Ryan head and shoulders above Langerak. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
Also, can we go back to 4 at the back? Unless the plan is qualify playing this absurd and clearly not great formation, and then changing it pre-world cup (should we qualify) to catch teams off guard? Or get 3 at the back and play some good wing backs that will be able to track back and defend but push forward.

And no more Luongo starting please. Irvine has done much better in recent games.

So can you actually explain why it is an absurd formation??

Because what I seen is there is nothing wrong with the formation.

It just the lack of attention to detail and application from the players that cost us goals

1st goal someone had covered old mate who provided the assist
Someone had covered the striker who was central on goal
Someone had covered the back post runner

Yet we had two defenders back there neither of them marked the bloke for the pull back

So exactly how is this the formations fault when you have 2 blokes ball watching??

2nd and 3rd goals were down to people not tracking runners adequately

That has nothing to do with formation

That has everything​ to do with the players not being focused or good enough for this level

plague
20-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Pretty much all BK's fault though.

MFKS
20-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Pretty much all BK's fault though.

BK would do just as much at stopping goals as this Gypo in nets does

Neither dive

How the **** is Birraz behind the Gypo??

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2017, 06:25 PM

Neither dive

You're losing your touch.

Couscous
20-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Well done to former Mariners bench player Tom Rogic. Great game.

Jetmaster
21-06-2017, 08:42 AM

Neither dive

He is third choice for an EPL club that just avoided relegation.

Played as much first team football as BK last season.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2017, 11:11 AM
He is third choice for an EPL club that just avoided relegation.

Played as much first team football as BK last season.

Shhhhhh, don't tell him he's wrong, means he's just gonna be back to try and prove his point, or try to refute one of your irrelevant comments like "I wouldn't say Swansea JUST avoided relegation FFS. The **** finished 15th by 7 points. ***." And pretend that's wht the conversation is about.

MFKS
21-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Shhhhhh, don't tell him he's wrong, means he's just gonna be back to try and prove his point, or try to refute one of your irrelevant comments like "I wouldn't say Swansea JUST avoided relegation FFS. The **** finished 15th by 7 points. ***." And pretend that's wht the conversation is about.

No

The bloke is ****ing shit

Does he ever make a save??

I remember when we had Schwarzer the bloke would regularly pull a save out and keep us in games

Just as Birraz regularly done at Newy

This Gypo **** on the other hand saves what??

Not much judging by the amount of times he pulls them out of the net

Time for a personnel change because this shit **** ain't pulling his weight

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2017, 05:28 PM
What about the defenders? Tell us more!

MFKS
21-06-2017, 05:32 PM
What about the defenders? Tell us more!

Still waiting on your reply why the 3-4-3 is an absurd formation

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Still waiting on a lot of your replies too.

StannyCFCJET
21-06-2017, 06:49 PM
No

The bloke is ****ing shit

Does he ever make a save??

I remember when we had Schwarzer the bloke would regularly pull a save out and keep us in games

Just as Birraz regularly done at Newy

This Gypo **** on the other hand saves what??

Not much judging by the amount of times he pulls them out of the net

Time for a personnel change because this shit **** ain't pulling his weight

I agree ive been suspect on Ryan for a while now and how many times is he caught flat footed or out of position for goals when rushing out or across goal. Brad Jones was superb for Fenyoord give him another chance. Oh and **** off Kruse and Leckie they are pace and nothing else

lquiquer
21-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Still waiting on your reply why the 3-4-3 is an absurd formation

Not absurd... it quickly turns into 5-4-1 when played correctly and if we had technically better players it would be more effective... Joky said it: we are brave, chicky, positive... but .... I would add limited.

MFKS
22-06-2017, 05:48 AM
Not absurd... it quickly turns into 5-4-1 when played correctly and if we had technically better players it would be more effective... Joky said it: we are brave, chicky, positive... but .... I would add limited.

Also turn in to 3-6-1 and you can flood the midfield as well

But 3 at the back :fright:

Is every dumb ****s reaction at the mere sound of the idea

pv4
22-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Brad Jones was superb for Fenyoord give him another chance.

They tried to call him up and he declined.

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Also turn in to 3-6-1 and you can flood the midfield as well

But 3 at the back :fright:

Is every dumb ****s reaction at the mere sound of the idea

Was that your reaction? fitting.

Good on Ange for trying something. At the moment we aren't able to play the formation very well.
Our CB's are not ball playing and playing 3 at the back against world class opponents is a dangerous game.
Our wing backs don't get back well enough, and their increased workload is taking some sting out of our attack as they get used to having to defend as well.
Maybe Leckie is a better defender than he is in attack at the moment.
We need a CDM in either Milligan or Jedinak to play holding. Leaving Mooy and Rogic to work the attack. It feels very defensive minded, but having shipped 7 goals in our last 2 games against decent opposition, it's kind of getting to the point of "we need to make this work, or try something else".
While the formation itself is not absurd, everyone must know their role and responsibility.
Persisting with something that clearly isn't working for whatever reason, makes it an absurd formation for us to play.
I hope we improve with it.

MFKS
22-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Was that your reaction? fitting.

Good on Ange for trying something. At the moment we aren't able to play the formation very well.
Our CB's are not ball playing and playing 3 at the back against world class opponents is a dangerous game.
Our wing backs don't get back well enough, and their increased workload is taking some sting out of our attack as they get used to having to defend as well.
Maybe Leckie is a better defender than he is in attack at the moment.
We need a CDM in either Milligan or Jedinak to play holding. Leaving Mooy and Rogic to work the attack. It feels very defensive minded, but having shipped 7 goals in our last 2 games against decent opposition, it's kind of getting to the point of "we need to make this work, or try something else".
While the formation itself is not absurd, everyone must know their role and responsibility.
Persisting with something that clearly isn't working for whatever reason, makes it an absurd formation for us to play.
I hope we improve with it.
No

Just because it isn't working well right now doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water

Ange is actually pushing us to get better. Just because it isn't flowing perfectly doesn't mean you quit on it

The bloke has a fair ****ing clue about the game

Yes he is pig headed in his approach but that is why the FFA appointed him

He setting these blokes up to be better

I quite content to be patient and put the onus on the useless players to stop making amatuer mistakes

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Even if it costs us qualifying for the World Cup?
You're happy for him to persist with something that doesn't work?
Do wht you please against Brazil, confed cup, but the trial runs of this strategy aren't going too well.
That's all well and good, but Ange is gone after the World Cup and it's probably gonna get
Tossed out when a new coach comes in. We need to do what we can to win.
I hope the players get better and it works for us. But if we are playing a game to send us to the World Cup, I hope we do something that works and suits us. If that's this new formation, great, if it's a 9-1-0 great.

MFKS
22-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Even if it costs us qualifying for the World Cup?
You're happy for him to persist with something that doesn't work?
Do wht you please against Brazil, confed cup, but the trial runs of this strategy aren't going too well.
That's all well and good, but Ange is gone after the World Cup and it's probably gonna get
Tossed out when a new coach comes in. We need to do what we can to win.
I hope the players get better and it works for us. But if we are playing a game to send us to the World Cup, I hope we do something that works and suits us. If that's this new formation, great, if it's a 9-1-0 great.

Why is that going to cost us qualifying for a World Cup??

If we don't make the WC it be down to the players not being good enough or not performing well enough

Have **** all to do with whether we played 3 or 4 or 5 at the back

Other thing you might want to consider is that this system is where the game is heading

Either with or without us

In time you be seeing clubs all over playing this 3-4-3 and by that I mean UCL EPL La Liga National Teams etc

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2017, 05:57 PM
No

Just because it isn't working well right now doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water

Ange is actually pushing us to get better. Just because it isn't flowing perfectly doesn't mean you quit on it

The bloke has a fair ****ing clue about the game

Yes he is pig headed in his approach but that is why the FFA appointed him

He setting these blokes up to be better

I quite content to be patient and put the onus on the useless players to stop making amatuer mistakes

Ange is playing a system that doesnt suit the players he has at his disposable, The fans see it and the opposition teams see it hence why we are gifting them goals

plague
22-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Last time I looked it was 11 v 11 on the same patch of grass kick the ball in the ****ing net and win.

All this formation bullshit is a convienient distraction from the fact we think we're any good when we have shitcunce like Jedinak and Ryan in the team.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2017, 06:30 PM
What happened in the NZ vs Mexico game, Heard the Mexican coach swore at the NZ coach, Anyone watch it?

MFKS
22-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Last time I looked it was 11 v 11 on the same patch of grass kick the ball in the ****ing net and win.

All this formation bullshit is a convienient distraction from the fact we think we're any good when we have shitcunce gypos in the team.
Fixed

leftrightout
23-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Fixed

Yeah because Ryan, Sainsbury, Jedinak and Rogic are the biggest issue with this team.... seriously though, do you guys support our national team or does this lame gypo hating thing really consume your whole life?
The way our team is going, take those 4 out and we go from battlers to Absolutely no chance!

furns
23-06-2017, 01:16 AM
The number of gypos in the NT is more of a brutal assessment on how bad we (Newy) have been in identifying, nurturing & developing talent over the years tbh

leftrightout
23-06-2017, 01:32 AM
Gersbach is doing excellent so far!

StannyCFCJET
23-06-2017, 01:49 AM
This formation is rubbish how much evidence does Ange need

StannyCFCJET
23-06-2017, 02:20 AM
Chile are going to destroy us something fearce

leftrightout
23-06-2017, 02:36 AM
Chile are going to destroy us something fearce

Sanchez is already counting his goals!
He will have a field day with the space we are giving in those wider areas. This formation needs to change, how long can it go on?

StannyCFCJET
23-06-2017, 02:39 AM
Sanchez is already counting his goals!
He will have a field day with the space we are giving in those wider areas. This formation needs to change, how long can it go on?

You can't play a back 3 unless your centre halfs have pace and your wing backs can actually cross. We have none of these. None of the players even look like they know their roles or where to run etc.

MFKS
23-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Yeah because Ryan, Sainsbury, Jedinak and Rogic are the biggest issue with this team.... seriously though, do you guys support our national team or does this lame gypo hating thing really consume your whole life?
The way our team is going, take those 4 out and we go from battlers to Absolutely no chance!

It not lame to hate on the Gypos

It ain't something you turn on and off like a tap

They be forever Gypos

MFKS
23-06-2017, 05:47 AM
You can't play a back 3 unless your centre halfs have pace and your wing backs can actually cross. We have none of these. None of the players even look like they know their roles or where to run etc.

Has nothing too do with pace

These CDs are struggling with a couple of simple concepts

They not playing the first to the ball concept
They not marking their man tight enough when necessary
They also struggling with the zonal set up
They also seem to be buck passing going on at the back in that they seem to be leaving it to someone else

These all technical failings from the blokes playing and things they should be more than capable of doing

leftrightout
23-06-2017, 08:25 AM
It not lame to hate on the Gypos

It ain't something you turn on and off like a tap

They be forever Gypos

So you going to hate ODonovan all year?
You telling me you never celebrated Sasho scoring for us?

leftrightout
23-06-2017, 08:28 AM
My biggest concern right now is not really the formation (although I do think that's an issue) but it's our urgency and desire to keep the ball. We are turning the ball over a lot with stray passes but even worse we are turning the ball over an amazing amount by players just being dispossessed by the opposition. Players simply losing the ball while it's at their feet. It just doesn't look like a team who wants to win.

plague
23-06-2017, 08:56 AM

huh?

everyone loved Sasho. whats to hate about him?

MFKS
23-06-2017, 09:09 AM
So you going to hate ODonovan all year?

Until the bloke does something useful he still a Gypo

Look at the CEO

Still a ****ing Gypo

Imyourhero
23-06-2017, 09:32 AM
On a little side note, one thing that worries me about the development of Mooy is his lack of athleticism, especially his agility. He's staying at Huddersfield, right? Just don't see them having the staff etc to have a focus on improving that sort of skill at the individual level. There was a few times in this game where the ball pops up or abit of a misplaced pass sits just out of foot reach and he struggles to quickly cover ground/change direction to easily pick up the ball. In the PL this will be something that costs his team considering the pace of the game there.

Imyourhero
23-06-2017, 09:33 AM
My biggest concern right now is not really the formation (although I do think that's an issue) but it's our urgency and desire to keep the ball. We are turning the ball over a lot with stray passes but even worse we are turning the ball over an amazing amount by players just being dispossessed by the opposition. Players simply losing the ball while it's at their feet. It just doesn't look like a team who wants to win.

I agree, 2nd half was there for the taking & all the players looked like they were happy with a draw.....in a must win game.

plague
23-06-2017, 09:58 AM
On a little side note, one thing that worries me about the development of Mooy is his lack of athleticism, especially his agility. He's staying at Huddersfield, right? Just don't see them having the staff etc to have a focus on improving that sort of skill at the individual level. There was a few times in this game where the ball pops up or abit of a misplaced pass sits just out of foot reach and he struggles to quickly cover ground/change direction to easily pick up the ball. In the PL this will be something that costs his team considering the pace of the game there.

I reckon Mooys ceiling is to be a poor mans white Kante.
Just sweep sideways across the park scrapping around then give the ball to someone better.

Sadly, at national level not many good people to pass to right now.

MFKS
23-06-2017, 10:25 AM
I reckon Mooys ceiling is to be a poor mans white Kante.
Just sweep sideways across the park scrapping around then give the ball to someone better.

Sadly, at national level not many good people to pass to right now.

Kante has great engines

Covers the park exceptionally well and can defend

Mooy on the other hand is a lazy **** in defence

When he played at Heart he barely tracked back

As for his set pieces for the NT
Either great or shite. There is no inbetween with him

In the last 8/10 months the bloke has for mine just about used up his chances for being a guaranteed starter for NT

It high time others like Beard and Irvine and Co are given a go in the NT

plague
23-06-2017, 10:46 AM
It high time others like Beard and Irvine and Co are given a go in the NT

I'd love to see Brilliante get a shot I really rate him in that area, def way better than the Gypo they keep picking.

I don't see the fuss around Irvine but I just think his hair is stupid so it's a bad start.

I don't know who that Co bloke plays for so I have no opinion.

lquiquer
23-06-2017, 10:57 AM
What's the rule when 2 teams on equal points in Conf Cup? Better goal average or head to head winner?...... If we beat Chile we through or we need to beat them by 2 goals? (Assuming Germany beat Cameroon)

Bremsstrahlung
23-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Always goal difference right?
Then goals for.
Then head to head

Jeterpool
23-06-2017, 11:05 AM

He left an "e" off

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/di/library/Melbourne_Victory/a6/82/nathan-coe_991eo51aeqjf1qt37x0pkv7j9.jpg?t=132681433

MFKS
23-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I'd love to see Brilliante get a shot I really rate him in that area, def way better than the Gypo they keep picking.

I don't see the fuss around Irvine but I just think his hair is stupid so it's a bad start.

I was surprised he didn't get a go after his season at Smurfs

He just that type of bloke who will sit in and hold that position on the park in front of the back 4 pick up some cheap free ball and then hand it off to the blokes in front to do the attacking

Exactly what you want from a DM

As for Irvine bloke has had a great season for club and deserves opportunity

Me personally I don't rate him
I think he similar to Timmy was as a midfielder

Gets a few goals but does **** all else

Imyourhero
23-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Ryan needs to stay on his line

plague
23-06-2017, 11:25 AM
He just that type of bloke who will sit in and hold that position on the park in front of the back 4 pick up some cheap free ball and then hand it off to the blokes in front to do the attacking

Exactly what you want from a DM

you guys all remember that time when everyone on the foz knew how good Brilliante was in the DM position and that coach dude kept playing him out of position in a woefully shit team?

what a time to be alive.

Love Brilliante.

Grimario
23-06-2017, 11:40 AM
you guys all remember that time when everyone on the foz knew how good Brilliante was in the DM position and that coach dude kept playing him out of position in a woefully shit team?

what a time to be alive.

Love Brilliante.

Remember that guy who went on and on about us remembering a time when the Jerks were graced by a future Socceroo and one of our great players in the Beard?

plague
23-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Remember that guy who went on and on about us remembering a time when the Jerks were graced by a future Socceroo and one of our great players in the Beard?

who?
all of us?
(except GVE?)

plague
26-06-2017, 12:51 AM
Aussie gonna win the F1 who cares about sockah etc etc etc

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2017, 01:02 AM
What was our plan at the kick off? Why didn't we just kick it straight to them if thats what we wanted?

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 01:16 AM
Might not be excellent but at least there's some pricks running around and showing some energy... sad that just trying a bit is an improvement!

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2017, 01:19 AM
Might not be excellent but at least there's some pricks running around and showing some energy... sad that just trying a bit is an improvement!

We look reasonable in attack/possession.
Still look vulnerable to their press/counter when defending.

plague
26-06-2017, 01:35 AM
thats a red on cahill there.
filthy tackle.

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 01:35 AM
We look reasonable in attack/possession.
Still look vulnerable to their press/counter when defending.

They are finding a lot of space around our box. But yeah actually trying to knock the ball around with a bit of speed.
Also getting into some challenges, being very physical. Have picked up a few cards but they know they have played!

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Our press and defence from the front is doing quite well.
I enjoy when we play like this. I mean it's not the prettiest but its a very "Australian" type of mentality.

plague
26-06-2017, 01:43 AM
decent finish that

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Our press and defence from the front is doing quite well.
I enjoy when we play like this. I mean it's not the prettiest but its a very "Australian" type of mentality.
Exactly what I was thinking. It's is that old "Australian type" of football. Very physical and working. We still look extremely vulnerable at the back but we have definitely shaken them up with the physicality. Troisi, goal a side, has been great the whole tournament. Luongo is also going much better than he did in 1st game.
Still don't know how we haven't conceded but,
I think we deserve that goal.

plague
26-06-2017, 01:47 AM
bahahahahhaahahha ****ing Gypo.

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 01:48 AM
bahahahahhaahahha ****ing Gypo.

Yeah should be 2-0 there

plague
26-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Troisi, goal a side, has been great the whole tournament.

man ill argue Troisi and Milligan have been our most consistent players (when selected) over the last few years.

No idea how Troisi is a fringe player with some of the festering carcasses we put out there some matches.

plague
26-06-2017, 01:52 AM
SBS cant afford chairs for these mother****ers?

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:11 AM
man ill argue Troisi and Milligan have been our most consistent players (when selected) over the last few years.

No idea how Troisi is a fringe player with some of the festering carcasses we put out there some matches.

Wouldn't argue with that!

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:12 AM
Impressed with Luongo after his performance against Germany. I wasn't happy to see him start this match but he has been excellent.

Irvine has been really great too.
Best first half I've seen for quite a while and have started the second really well too.

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:15 AM
We are keeping the ball too well in the front 3rd so we better get Leckie on to turn it over a bit.
Cahill was great tonight, passing was excellent and got stuck in.

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:34 AM
I really don't like the "sportsmanship" thing with drop balls. We had the ball comfortably high in their half, to ref stops play because one of their players has a whinge he got elbowed. He plays a drop ball which they hit all the way back to Ryan and then press high into our half to win back possession and the goal follows that.

plague
26-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Kruse is trash

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Kruse is trash

The guy gets into some amazing positions, his touch belongs in the jets first XI.
Guy can't score to save himself.
I am assuming he was going to be taken off until Sainsbury got hurt.

plague
26-06-2017, 02:48 AM
awful that Mclaren is our 2nd best striker.

leftrightout
26-06-2017, 02:53 AM
Do you think the coaching staff see how much Leckie turns the ball over? It's astounding!

And agree Mclaren not upto it, missing those kinds of chances at this level isn't acceptable!

belchardo
26-06-2017, 09:17 AM
just not good enough in front of goal.

Imyourhero
26-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Suprised Gersbach didn't get a start today, thought he was good last match.

The Dunster
26-06-2017, 12:53 PM
That was one of the best displays I have seen by the Socceroos for a very long time. If they show half as much against their opponents in Asia they will easily qualify for another world cup.

StannyCFCJET
26-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Suprised how well we played but can someone give me a logical reason besides Ange bias why Kruse and Leckie keep getting picked

MFKS
26-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Suprised how well we played but can someone give me a logical reason besides Ange bias why Kruse and Leckie keep getting picked

I ask you to name some alternatives??

That a serious question

On another note this 3 at the back shit

That has seen us draw with the Sth American Champs Draw with the African Champs and suffer a narrow loss to the World Champions in a tournament

Where the criticism now??

Yeah it a work in progress

But if that shit v Chile is what we going to see in the next 12 months from the Socceroos bring it on

MFKS
26-06-2017, 02:56 PM

We looked a shit load better in the midfield without that state league hack Mooy bludging out there

Luongo and Irvine were brilliant

From what I seen of today's game

Move Milligan to CD
Pick Irvine and Luongo to hack everything that moves

Much better than having ****ing Gypos like Jedinak and Rogic and Sainsbury out there

On another note Jedinak??
Is it time that Ange pensioned the **** off??

We looked a lot better with out him there

StannyCFCJET
26-06-2017, 03:02 PM
I ask you to name some alternatives??

That a serious question

On another note this 3 at the back shit

That has seen us draw with the Sth American Champs Draw with the African Champs and suffer a narrow loss to the World Champions in a tournament

Where the criticism now??

Yeah it a work in progress

But if that shit v Chile is what we going to see in the next 12 months from the Socceroos bring it on

Troisi, Goodwin, Halloran, Burns, Ryan Williams to name a few.

and ill agree if we can play like we did against chile then im all for it but we all know Mooy 1st name on the team sheet and our CBs cant play this system. Don't forget Chile were off their game

MFKS
26-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Troisi, Goodwin, Halloran, Burns, Ryan Williams to name a few.

and ill agree if we can play like we did against chile then im all for it but we all know Mooy 1st name on the team sheet and our CBs cant play this system. Don't forget Chile were off their game
So you think Goodwin will play good as a Right Wing Back role ??

Being he all one legged and all??

He go better the other side but Gersbach Smith Behich got the runs on the ball

The other blokes bar Halloran don't even get close to playing the role asked of Leckie and Kruse this morning

Halloran ain't even playing at the standard Leckie is

As for other options ??

Other than possibly Raheem the European Gypo and he not good enough I struggle to see many players with the engines to play the role Ange wants from the RWB

StannyCFCJET
26-06-2017, 03:15 PM
So you think Goodwin will play good as a Right Wing Back role ??

Being he all one legged and all??

He go better the other side but Gersbach Smith Behich got the runs on the ball

The other blokes bar Halloran don't even get close to playing the role asked of Leckie and Kruse this morning

Halloran ain't even playing at the standard Leckie is

As for other options ??

Other than possibly Raheem the European Gypo and he not good enough I struggle to see many players with the engines to play the role Ange wants from the RWB

Well the current 2 are no where near good enough so time to try someone else before they cost us in the world cup

MFKS
26-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Well the current 2 are no where near good enough so time to try someone else before they cost us in the world cup
We got half a dozen Gypos in the side

Your worried about Leckie costing us in the WC??

He didn't in Brazil and the only thing he costs us is possession

He ain't the type to make Newy Jets like **** ups

Just turn the ****ing ball over needlessly and kill an attack

As for Mooy going straight back in the team??

Our next game in Japan is critical we put in a performance similar to v Chile

Lazy ****s like him and Rogic should be on the bench

It time to hack the shit out of the Japs and bring back the physicality and up tempo Aussie game

That where Ange has been failing

Trying to jam too many lazy creative players in the side instead of picking blokes with good engines who run their arse off

More Irvine
More Luongo

Less ****ing State League players and Gypos

Couscous
27-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Mooy is not lazy.

The Dunster
27-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Mooy is not lazy.

Agreed. He covers more ground than any other player in the squad so he can avoid having to make a tackle.

plague
27-06-2017, 09:38 PM
More Irvine
More Luongo

Yeah look these 2 in combo with Troisi had been our best combo in ages. Keep em in for the Japan game for sure.

Only problem is Luongo's previous game was a bit of a stinker, so either hes inconsistent or he doesnt play as well with others.

Coach gotta coach and sort it out.

Id even credit Juric he worked hard against Chile.

Sainsbury stinks though, Leckie is trash and Cahill is done.

Topor eyeing off that WC 18 spot with a good season for the Jets.

Retro Jet
03-07-2017, 01:41 PM
'schland - Ueber Alles...

Retro Jet
12-10-2017, 08:43 AM
<mod snip>

Ummm...SPAM gents.
:ban:

belchardo
12-10-2017, 09:18 AM
i thought it was entirely relevant to the thread!

boz-monaut
12-10-2017, 09:41 AM
just report the spam and we'll get onto it as soon as we can be bothered