PDA

View Full Version : The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

StannyCFCJET
02-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Also we had two options, Fold as a club or Accept Romans money, every other prem club at the time woudlve made the same choice we did

De-Champ
02-02-2018, 07:11 PM
We were starting to do great things in the 90s and you cant really compare the errors of football. Chopper was incredible but you got away with alot of stuff on the pitch back then you wouldnt get away with now

Of curse you can compare errors. Arsenal make more errors than most.

hawk
02-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Although I hate the big 6, I do credit that Liverpool have always won things (at least until the end of the 20th century!)

Chelsea are "Johnny come latelys" who only got anywhere when a loony, rich Russian wanted a new toy.

Hate to burst the image of modern football but You do realise that many teams with the most money won the comp before the 90's. Its just their pot of gold, hidden and seen, isnt much in todays terms.

MFKS
02-02-2018, 08:08 PM
We were starting to do great things in the 90s and you cant really compare the errors of football. Chopper was incredible but you got away with alot of stuff on the pitch back then you wouldnt get away with now

Starting to do great things based on money

Make no mistake about Man City are the most plastic football club on the planet

Chelsea are not far behind them

Both have bought success by having filthy rich owners

If Abramovich or the Arabs had of bought QPR or Sunderland or Birmingham City they would have been just as successful

What surprising is they could have picked bigger clubs than Man City and Chelsea

Everton Spuds Liverpool Newcastle Villa etc would have been better fits to turning them into super clubs

Jetmaster
02-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Hate to burst the image of modern football but You do realise that many teams with the most money won the comp before the 90's. Its just their pot of gold, hidden and seen, isnt much in todays terms.

Derby County, Leeds United, Forest and early Liverpool were not flushed with funds. Man U were the richest club in England when relegated to tge second division.

EPL,Sky Sports and onset of foreign players changed it all. As did billionaires pumping cash into specific clubs.

StannyCFCJET
02-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Starting to do great things based on money

Make no mistake about Man City are the most plastic football club on the planet

Chelsea are not far behind them

Both have bought success by having filthy rich owners

If Abramovich or the Arabs had of bought QPR or Sunderland or Birmingham City they would have been just as successful

What surprising is they could have picked bigger clubs than Man City and Chelsea

Everton Spuds Liverpool Newcastle Villa etc would have been better fits to turning them into super clubs

We didn't have much money in the 90s and If having more overseas fans is the downside to winning things then so be it. Do you follow an overseas club Member?

MFKS
02-02-2018, 10:46 PM
We didn't have much money in the 90s and If having more overseas fans is the downside to winning things then so be it. Do you follow an overseas club Member?

Didn't have much money in the 90s?

**** me where you think I come from??

Vialli
Gullit
Zola
Desailly
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
LeBouef

All these blokes cone to the club for mars bars and cans of coke ??

FMD

No I don't support a football club on the other side of the planet

I only support the Jets and Socceroos

StannyCFCJET
02-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Didn't have much money in the 90s?

**** me where you think I come from??

Vialli
Gullit
Zola
Desailly
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
LeBouef

All these blokes cone to the club for mars bars and cans of coke ??

FMD

No I don't support a football club on the other side of the planet

I only support the Jets and Socceroos

Those didnt cost whole lot and we had no more money then the rest of the clubs around us did.

Jetmaster
03-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Good comment from Wenger today on BBC....his point is the "extra" pumped in from third parties, not the actual spending, is causing a lopsided playing field.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42916936

I think what was delayed by the inception of the EPL and new Champions League, the European Super League, will be back on the table in the next few years. It would be a huge money spinner.

The interesting thing will be I doubt they would let all six big English clubs in!

MFKS
03-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Those didnt cost whole lot and we had no more money then the rest of the clubs around us did.

You were in the top 4-5 spending clubs FFS

You went crazy spending when Roman came in but you were more than throwing it around under Bates and Harding

I don't know what fairytale book you reading from but those guys I mentioned Vialli Zola Hasselbaink Desailly didn't leave their successful clubs to hang out in West London for the ambience

It was cold hard cash and lots of it that got them there

De-Champ
05-02-2018, 09:37 AM
You were in the top 4-5 spending clubs FFS

You went crazy spending when Roman came in but you were more than throwing it around under Bates and Harding

I don't know what fairytale book you reading from but those guys I mentioned Vialli Zola Hasselbaink Desailly didn't leave their successful clubs to hang out in West London for the ambience

It was cold hard cash and lots of it that got them there

I do not know about the others but Vialli did not move for money.

Jeterpool
06-02-2018, 12:26 PM
I, for one, think Conte is going to get sacked.

MFKS
06-02-2018, 01:09 PM

Mourinho
Ranieri
Conte

2 from 3 so far

Guardiola next year ??

Despite how they going right now does it really matter ??

Man City have blown the league away already

Man U and Liverpool at this time of year where they at points wise would be right in contention for the league.

But they playing for 2nd and we just hit February

Chelsea only need to do well in the UCL and finish high enough up the league they qualify for UCL next season

pv4
06-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Despite how they going right now does it really matter ??

Exactly. When Chelsea consider moving on Conte, they have to ask themselves watford?

Frodo
06-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Exactly. When Chelsea consider moving on Conte, they have to ask themselves watford?

:woo:

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Sadly he isnt doing himself any favours. Playing same system every week and certain players keep being picked and not performing

Jeterpool
06-02-2018, 02:51 PM
:woo:

A good pun, but I'm disappointed you didn't provide the same response to my "for one" reference in the above post.

Jeterpool
06-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Sadly he isnt doing himself any favours. Playing same system every week and certain players keep being picked and not performing

Publicly coming out and criticising the Chelsea board is the quickest way to getting a lovely payout and heading back to Italy for another job.

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Publicly coming out and criticising the Chelsea board is the quickest way to getting a lovely payout and heading back to Italy for another job.

No argument there. The board are useless at transfers but Conte shoudlve known this before he took the job. oh wells At least he won us another League Title.

Frodo
07-02-2018, 09:00 AM
No argument there. The board are useless at transfers but Conte shoudlve known this before he took the job. oh wells At least he won us another League Title.

The board aren't useless. They have been told to start balancing the books. Roman has now decided to turn it into a business (not too dissimilar to another club from london), the new policy is to buy youth and sell them for a profit. It has been for a long time but now they have now decided to balance the other side of the ledger.

As long as he wins a trophy every other year and can start making the club run itself without his backing he will be happy.

StannyCFCJET
07-02-2018, 02:31 PM
The board aren't useless. They have been told to start balancing the books. Roman has now decided to turn it into a business (not too dissimilar to another club from london), the new policy is to buy youth and sell them for a profit. It has been for a long time but now they have now decided to balance the other side of the ledger.

As long as he wins a trophy every other year and can start making the club run itself without his backing he will be happy.

Yes they are. Im not gonna get into it but long story short they take way too long to get our tranfers done and often go for players because they like them not because the manager needs or wants them.

Roman is going through another divorce which is also costing him big bucks

StannyCFCJET
07-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Also we sack managers after 6 months of turmoil to stop it getting worse you've kept Wenger for longer you havent really progressed in 10 years lol

Frodo
08-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Also we sack managers after 6 months of turmoil to stop it getting worse you've kept Wenger for longer you havent really progressed in 10 years lol

Chelsea haven't beaten Arsenal for over 12 months so don't sit too proud on your high horse Stanny.

Everyone takes their time on transfers except for teams using the scatter gun approach or those that don't have any clue how much money they have in the bank. (See: Everton for the first one and Citeh for the 2nd one.) I just think the board has been given new orders and Conte has been stuck without a deep enough squad for his liking. Also, a lot of teams now buy players without the managers approval. Actually most teams do to some degree, even we have started doing it now.

If the cash has dried up from your Russian Oligarch overlord it will be interesting to know how many more Chelsea fans dye their shirts a little lighter and move on to the next one. :popcorn:

Macca
08-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Chelsea haven't beaten Arsenal for over 12 months so don't sit too proud on your high horse Stanny.

Everyone takes their time on transfers except for teams using the scatter gun approach or those that don't have any clue how much money they have in the bank. (See: Everton for the first one and Citeh for the 2nd one.) I just think the board has been given new orders and Conte has been stuck without a deep enough squad for his liking. Also, a lot of teams now buy players without the managers approval. Actually most teams do to some degree, even we have started doing it now.

If the cash has dried up from your Russian Oligarch overlord it will be interesting to know how many more Chelsea fans dye their shirts a little lighter and move on to the next one. :popcorn:

The norm in European football is that the managers have little to do with transfers - they find it strange that the coaches are called managers in England, as they are not used to their coaches "managing" the club - they simply run the team they are given.

De-Champ
08-02-2018, 04:47 PM

What? are you serious...Citeh don't know how much money they have in the bank? They know exactly how much money they have. You will find a lot of teams, the bigger clubs have to be careful how much they spend because of the FFP rules.

Frodo
11-02-2018, 11:09 AM
What? are you serious...Citeh don't know how much money they have in the bank? They know exactly how much money they have. You will find a lot of teams, the bigger clubs have to be careful how much they spend because of the FFP rules.

Fair Play rules have been proven to be a lie. Nothing is enforced, it's just a show by FIFA to look like they give a crap. Even Wenger who was the staunchest supporter of FFP has said he's given up on it.
There are loopholes that will never be closed. All they mean is that FIFA get to dictate which teams can grow as quickly as the citehs and PSGs.

StannyCFCJET
11-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Fair Play rules have been proven to be a lie. Nothing is enforced, it's just a show by FIFA to look like they give a crap. Even Wenger who was the staunchest supporter of FFP has said he's given up on it.
There are loopholes that will never be closed. All they mean is that FIFA get to dictate which teams can grow as quickly as the citehs and PSGs.

Citeh and Psg have massive marketing and commerical revenue which allows them to spend big on players

De-Champ
11-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Tell that to Inter, Roma, Real Madrid & Barcellona

MFKS
11-02-2018, 07:05 PM

PSG ain't buying Neymar based on income level without cooking the books as the reality is they dont have the fans and business profile the likes Real and Man U have in all 4 corners of the globe

Man City outside of Manchester had no fans 15 years ago. Even now they still really don't

Exactly where they getting their finances up to the level to purchase what they do when Man U and Real who have got the merchandising thing down pay can't quite spend the levels that the PSGs and Man City do??

There no way in the world the Financial Fair Play is working.

Because when it does it benefits the likes of Man U and Real etc the most

Plus most of the sanctions issued have been window dressing by banning them from the transfer window for 1-2 Windows whilst still alloweing them to stock up before hand before the ban comes into effect

Not exactly a punishment

Frodo
11-02-2018, 09:21 PM

I don't think any of those teams have fallen foul of FFP.

Barca and Real definitely not. They signed under age players, same as athletico.

FFP was used to stop Russian teams buying all the best players from Man United, Barca and Real Madrid about 5 years ago.

Now that it's China doing it there no point worrying about FFP. They aren't in the CL so it doesn't really hurt them.

hawk
11-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Fifa fair Play rules is a lie .

rofl yes. This isnt or never will be a thing. corruption is the new and old normal.

btw mr whippy also sold pron. bahahaha

De-Champ
12-02-2018, 09:36 AM
PSG ain't buying Neymar based on income level without cooking the books as the reality is they dont have the fans and business profile the likes Real and Man U have in all 4 corners of the globe

Man City outside of Manchester had no fans 15 years ago. Even now they still really don't

Exactly where they getting their finances up to the level to purchase what they do when Man U and Real who have got the merchandising thing down pay can't quite spend the levels that the PSGs and Man City do??

There no way in the world the Financial Fair Play is working.

Because when it does it benefits the likes of Man U and Real etc the most

Plus most of the sanctions issued have been window dressing by banning them from the transfer window for 1-2 Windows whilst still alloweing them to stock up before hand before the ban comes into effect

Not exactly a punishment

I don't think you understand the FFP rules. Signing Neymar (or anyone else) is not as bad (financially) as you think. Say he signed for 4 years ( I do not know the time length) then whatever he was signed for divided by 4 is what is recorded for the the current year etc. So the big amount has no bearing directly. PSG did sell players as well, which would have offset part of the current amount.

De-Champ
12-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I don't think any of those teams have fallen foul of FFP.

Barca and Real definitely not. They signed under age players, same as athletico.

FFP was used to stop Russian teams buying all the best players from Man United, Barca and Real Madrid about 5 years ago.

Now that it's China doing it there no point worrying about FFP. They aren't in the CL so it doesn't really hurt them.

Now I know you do not know what you are talking about. Roma were placed on a buying ban by UEFA, Inter were fined, Real Madrid could not make any signings over a certain amount, as was Barcellona.

plague
12-02-2018, 11:42 AM
I don't think you understand the FFP rules. Signing Neymar (or anyone else) is not as bad (financially) as you think. Say he signed for 4 years ( I do not know the time length) then whatever he was signed for divided by 4 is what is recorded for the the current year etc. So the big amount has no bearing directly. PSG did sell players as well, which would have offset part of the current amount.

But wasn’t the whole Neymar thing all about the country of Qatar (or which ever one owns PSG) buying him out, so therefore there was no ‘transfer fee’ as such.

Once the buy out was done he signed as a free agent and the only financial impact to the club was his wage which is easily covered by the clubs operating budget.

De-Champ
12-02-2018, 08:12 PM
But wasn’t the whole Neymar thing all about the country of Qatar (or which ever one owns PSG) buying him out, so therefore there was no ‘transfer fee’ as such.

Once the buy out was done he signed as a free agent and the only financial impact to the club was his wage which is easily covered by the clubs operating budget.

PSG paid the buy out clause, (whatever you want to call it) but it still counts towards FFP rules.

Frodo
13-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Now I know you do not know what you are talking about. Roma were placed on a buying ban by UEFA, Inter were fined, Real Madrid could not make any signings over a certain amount, as was Barcellona.

I checked the lists of teams that have been sanctioned by the FFP and none of those came up. They may have been sanctioned but not through the FFP. If you can show me when they were sanctioned by the FFP specifically i'll admit to knowing nothing about it.

De-Champ
13-02-2018, 04:42 PM
I checked the lists of teams that have been sanctioned by the FFP and none of those came up. They may have been sanctioned but not through the FFP. If you can show me when they were sanctioned by the FFP specifically i'll admit to knowing nothing about it.

Inter Milan, Roma and Monaco are among 10 European clubs who have been hit with fines and squad restrictions for breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
The trio have all agreed to pay fines and limit the number of new players they could register in European competition, UEFA said in a statement following a decision by its financial control watchdog.
Among a variety of measures, Inter agreed to pay a fine of up to 20 million euros (£14.5m), which will come out of their revenues from playing in this season's Europa League.

They will also be allowed only 21 players, instead of 25, in their squad if they qualify for European competition next season and Roma would be allowed 22.
In addition, Inter agreed "to report a maximum break-even deficit of 30 million euros for the financial year ending in 2016 and no break-even deficit for the financial year ending in 2017."
Similarly, Roma must pay a fine of up to six million euros and must not report combined losses of more than 30 million euros for this year and next year combined.
"The agreement was necessary due to a historical deviation from UEFA's break-even requirement stemming from past economic losses and the challenging financial situation of the club before the current ownership's takeover," Roma said in a statement.
Monaco, who have gone from the French second division to the Champions League quarter-finals in just two years thanks to the financial backing of their Russian billionaire owner Dimitri Rybolovlev, were also penalised.
The side from the Mediterranean principality must pay a fine of up to 13 million euros, with three million euros to be paid in full and the remainder conditional on their compliance with a raft of measures, including the requirement to reach break-even by 2017.
They will also be limited to a 22-man squad, rather than the usual permitted limit of 25, should they qualify for European competition next season.
Turkish giants Besiktas, Sporting Lisbon and Russian sides FC Krasnodar and Lokomotiv Moscow also reached agreements with UEFA, along with CSKA Sofia, Kardemir Karabukspor of Turkey and FC Rostov of Russia.
UEFA's FFP rules are aimed at preventing clubs from spending more money than they earn and led to both Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain being heavily penalised last year.
They also pledged to curb transfer spending over two seasons.

(CNN) -- Big-spending Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have been heavily sanctioned by European football body UEFA for breaching new rules on Financial Fair Play.
The respective champions of England and France are among nine clubs that have failed to comply with rulings brought in with the aim of making football more financially stable.
City has been bankrolled by Abu Dhabi royal Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan since 2008, while PSG was bought by the Qatar Investment Authority in 2011.
Both clubs have leaped to prominence on the back of massive investments, signing top players and announcing lucrative sponsorship deals with companies closely linked to their owners -- such as Etihad Airlines and the Qatar Tourism Authority.
The latter was identified by UEFA as having broken its financial rules -- it said Friday that its valuation of PSG's reported €700 million ($960 million) four-year agreement was "significantly below that submitted by the club."
Despite such revenue, City and PSG exceeded the permitted losses of $62 million over the course of the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
City, which last weekend won the Premier League title for the second time in three years, said it would accept punishments including a fine of €60 million ($82 million), a restriction on transfer spending and a reduction in the club's squad size for the European Champions League.
Of the fine, €10 million will be taken from earnings in this season's Champions League and the same amount from the next campaign -- while the rest will be returned if City meets its financial obligations over a three-year period.
It will have to limit spending on new players to €60 million for the upcoming transfer window, on top of funds raised by sales of existing squad members.
"This will have no material impact on the club's planned transfer activity," City said Friday, having negotiated a settlement with UEFA in talks over the past month.
"At the heart of those discussions is a fundamental disagreement between the club's and UEFA's respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010," City said.
"The club believes it has complied with the FFP regulations on this and all other matters."
City, which reached the last 16 in this season's Champions League, can only register 21 players for the 2014-15 competition -- the usual maximum is 25. However, it noted that manager Manuel Pellegrini used only 21 of 23 players registered for 2013-14.
The whole club's salaries -- those of its players are the largest in world sport -- for next season must stay at the same level as the one just completed, though City said: "In reality, the existing MCFC business plan sees a natural decline in that wage bill."
City made a record British loss of $307.8 million in 2010-11 and $192 million the year before -- all of which were covered by billionaire Sheikh Mansour.
In 2012 its deficit was $160 million and last year $87 million, but the club said it expects to break even for the period ending May 31.
"Operating with no debt, the club is realizing its football and commercial opportunities whilst continuing unprecedented investments in both youth development and the local community," City said.
PSG said Friday it would accept the financial sanctions imposed by UEFA -- the same that City faces -- despite "irreconcilable differences" over its sponsorship with the QTA.
It said the measures imposed would mean a "tremendous handicap" as it seeks to establish itself as one of Europe's leading clubs, having reached the Champions League quarterfinals this season.
"We will continue to invest in developing a highly competitive team and we will continue our investments in our stadium and training infrastructures while at the same time remaining, as we are today, debt free," PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said in a statement.
Turkish clubs Galatasaray, Bursaspor and Trabzonspor were also sanctioned for exceeding spending limits, being fined €200,000 and told to meet break-even limits, as was Bulgaria's Levski Sofia.
Russia's Zenit St. Petersburg, Rubin Kazan and Anzhi Makhachkala must reduce their operating deficits to break-even by 2016 and freeze wage bills, while also facing reduction in squad sizes and limits on new player registrations for European competitions.
An announcement had been expected at the start of this month but was delayed by the complexity of the legal proceedings involved, UEFA secretary general Gianni Infantino said on Tuesday.
The financial fair play rules are supposed to stop clubs getting into unmanageable debt, or allow wealthy benefactors to give top teams and unfair advantage.
Earlier this month, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger argued that any team that broke Financial Fair Play rules should be excluded from European competition.
In 2012, UEFA began withholding prize money from clubs which did not meet the financial restrictions, and at the end of that year Spanish club Malaga was banned from European competition for a season and fined €300,000 due to unpaid bills.

Frodo
13-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I admit to knowing nothing about it.

I checked a few websites and the wiki page and nothing came up other than some russian teams, some other smaller euro teams and a few championship teams like Hull and QPR. Cheers De Champ.

Frodo
13-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Does it say anywhere if these punishments were actually enforced.

I think City did spend less than 60 million in the summer 2014/2015 transfer window so I guess it may have actually happened.

De-Champ
13-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Does it say anywhere if these punishments were actually enforced.

I think City did spend less than 60 million in the summer 2014/2015 transfer window so I guess it may have actually happened.

I can't tell, it is hard to get info. All I can say that reading several web sites, they seem to confirm that Inter Milan had been fined, and paid the fine. The bigger, richer clubs, can sell a big (cost) player to get under the FFP rules and replace them with a lessor (cost) player.

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2018, 08:21 PM
I can't tell, it is hard to get info. All I can say that reading several web sites, they seem to confirm that Inter Milan had been fined, and paid the fine. The bigger, richer clubs, can sell a big (cost) player to get under the FFP rules and replace them with a lessor (cost) player.

Man City 100% got into trouble with FFP I remember their UCL squad numbers restricted a few seasons ago

Jetmaster
14-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Chelski playing Perth Glory on 23rd July.

Pre-sale already on for 24 hours!

StannyCFCJET
14-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Chelski playing Perth Glory on 23rd July.

Pre-sale already on for 24 hours!

Prepare for paper planes

Jetmaster
14-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Prepare for paper planes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTp8lTzqUI

parksey
14-02-2018, 08:03 PM
the bigger story is looking at where city's money comes from (and PSG for that matter):

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

De-Champ
14-02-2018, 08:32 PM
the bigger story is looking at where city's money comes from (and PSG for that matter):

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

....and its not only those teams....I'm sure Abramovich did not make his money (real quick) by singing in the choir on Sunday mornings, ditto with every other oligarch, chinese etc

Frodo
15-02-2018, 09:27 AM
....and its not only those teams....I'm sure Abramovich did not make his money (real quick) by singing in the choir on Sunday mornings, ditto with every other oligarch, chinese etc

Agreed, Arsenal's owners are a stupid yank (who has pissed off everyone in Los Angeles first, then everyone in St Louis and then everyone who doesn't think we need a TV channel dedicated to hunting and killing rare animals) and a dodgy Russian (who just like Roman is well liked by Putin). No owner would have a squeaky clean CV in this day and age.

On a lighter note. We also currently have Africa's richest man saying he wants to buy us, sack the board (including Wenger) and build us into the greatest team of all time. Not sure if he is actually a rich person or a Nigerian prince sending emails though, but could be a fun ride for a few years. haha.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Agreed, Arsenal's owners are a stupid yank (who has pissed off everyone in Los Angeles first, then everyone in St Louis and then everyone who doesn't think we need a TV channel dedicated to hunting and killing rare animals) and a dodgy Russian (who just like Roman is well liked by Putin). No owner would have a squeaky clean CV in this day and age.

On a lighter note. We also currently have Africa's richest man saying he wants to buy us, sack the board (including Wenger) and build us into the greatest team of all time. Not sure if he is actually a rich person or a Nigerian prince sending emails though, but could be a fun ride for a few years. haha.

Problem is Kronke will never sell his cash cow. Didnt Usmanov offer 1 billion or somthing to buy the club earlier this year?

Frodo
02-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Feel pretty sorry for the Man City fans right now.

Two wins in a week, played very well in both of them, including their first trophy under Guardiola and all the media can talk about is how the world is about to end at the Emirates.

18 points clear and it's only the 1st week of March.

Bon
02-03-2018, 10:48 AM
I can't wait for Arsenal TV after this game.. :popcorn:

StannyCFCJET
02-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Its just depressing these days. Its like a season under stubbins year after year. Everyone bar the Manager and board know the problems

Frodo
03-03-2018, 10:33 AM

Arsenal TV make Carragher and Neville sound knowledgeable, and those two would struggle to work out the difference between the sun and the moon. Knee jerk reaction queen's, i.e. modern football journalism and fandom.

Have you actually watched an entire show, it's not very good. Like the reaction videos are funny but the show is not enjoyable or funny.

Frodo
03-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Its just depressing these days. Its like a season under stubbins year after year. Everyone bar the Manager and board know the problems
Yeah Nah!

Stubbins didn't know how to coach and didn't do so well in the table, I.e. spoon owner. This is the 2nd year out of 22 that Wenger hasn't been in the top four of the EPL. If you think you can compare them you are a special kid.

He's being caught up and overran, he hasn't lost his ability to coach, it's just that other managers and clubs are improving faster than us.

We have one of the most stable clubs in the world and can compete with 98% of teams for transfers, if Wenger wants one more year than he can have it. The next manager will have a great club to take over when it happens.

StannyCFCJET
03-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Yeah Nah!

Stubbins didn't know how to coach and didn't do so well in the table, I.e. spoon owner. This is the 2nd year out of 22 that Wenger hasn't been in the top four of the EPL. If you think you can compare them you are a special kid.

He's being caught up and overran, he hasn't lost his ability to coach, it's just that other managers and clubs are improving faster than us.

We have one of the most stable clubs in the world and can compete with 98% of teams for transfers, if Wenger wants one more year than he can have it. The next manager will have a great club to take over when it happens.
Hasn't lost his ability to coach? Far out what Arsenal are you watching. They have no gameplan or structure and poor performances mean nothing for team selections. That comes from the Manager.

Frodo
03-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Hasn't lost his ability to coach? Far out what Arsenal are you watching. They have no gameplan or structure and poor performances mean nothing for team selections. That comes from the Manager.

So they just walk out onto the pitch without a game plan? Good ol Stannyisms. Been missing your delusions over that last few months when the world was supposedly tumbling down at Stamford bridge, again after all of 3 loses.

Take a chill pill and look at the bigger picture. Arsenal aren't rubbish, Chelsea weren't rubbish last month when Conte was definitely being sacked.

Man City however are amazing. Not sure who will catch them next year, they have the best chance of repeating the invincibles season.

StannyCFCJET
03-03-2018, 12:03 PM
So they just walk out onto the pitch without a game plan? Good ol Stannyisms. Been missing your delusions over that last few months when the world was supposedly tumbling down at Stamford bridge, again after all of 3 loses.

Take a chill pill and look at the bigger picture. Arsenal aren't rubbish, Chelsea weren't rubbish last month when Conte was definitely being sacked.

Man City however are amazing. Not sure who will catch them next year, they have the best chance of repeating the invincibles season.

Oh Chelsea were rubbish, The games against Bouremouth and Watford were dreadful. And hey guess what? Arsenal have lost more games then anyone in the prem in 2018.

Frodo
03-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Oh Chelsea were rubbish, The games against Bouremouth and Watford were dreadful. And hey guess what? Arsenal have lost more games then anyone in the prem in 2018.

That stat also includes loses in cup games and the Europa league so it's a bit misleading. Don't believe everything you see on twitter.

We can still win the Europa League, could even sneak back into the top 4. We even have a chance of finishing above Spuds still. We will be fine.

StannyCFCJET
03-03-2018, 12:15 PM
That stat also includes loses in cup games and the Europa league so it's a bit misleading. Don't believe everything you see on twitter.

We can still win the Europa League, could even sneak back into the top 4. We even have a chance of finishing above Spuds still. We will be fine.

Youve got no hope for the top 4 or Europa league. Your players give up after 1 goal and seem to have stopped playing for Wenger. IMO Man U liverpool Spurs and City will be top 4

Bon
05-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Have you actually watched an entire show, it's not very good. Like the reaction videos are funny but the show is not enjoyable or funny.

I'd only ever watched the snippits where everyone is frothing and saying "fam" a lot.. Keeps cutting to different people..
Dipsy and I watched an entire section on Friday arvo and you are right, its not great.. Taking out the whole "thank god its not my team", and being a fan of football, its actually pretty depressing stuff..

Frodo
05-03-2018, 11:34 AM
I'd only ever watched the snippits where everyone is frothing and saying "fam" a lot.. Keeps cutting to different people..
Dipsy and I watched an entire section on Friday arvo and you are right, its not great.. Taking out the whole "thank god its not my team", and being a fan of football, its actually pretty depressing stuff..

They used to be much different and probably did a lot of good for the fans. Now they found something that gets them noticed and are milking it for all it's worth.

Also I read this morning that the EPL season is already finished, as of last week, and nothing bad can happen to me anymore. How great is that? Perfect timing right before we comfortably took care of lowly Brighton Hove-Albion. They wouldn't have wanted to play us anyway, don't see the point really.

:deadhorse:

Bon
05-03-2018, 11:37 AM
They used to be much different and probably did a lot of good for the fans. Now they found something that gets them noticed and are milking it for all it's worth.

Also I read this morning that the EPL season is already finished, as of last week, and nothing bad can happen to me anymore. How great is that? Perfect timing right before we comfortably took care of lowly Brighton Hove-Albion. They wouldn't have wanted to play us anyway, don't see the point really.

:deadhorse:

:lulzturtle:

StannyCFCJET
05-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Hey Frodo still think Arsenal are doing fine and Arsene Wenger deserves another year?

Frodo
06-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Hey Frodo still think Arsenal are doing fine and Arsene Wenger deserves another year?

I never said we were doing fine. A quick look at the table and the little column with the number of defeats in it is enough to show that we ain't doing 'fine' at all.

I said if he wants another year then he is allowed to have it. He reshaped the club into a global force and is allowed to leave on his own terms.

I just hope that whatever happens we offer the job to Joachim Lowe.

plague
06-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Yeah so anyway if you took the $1.53 on United this morning it looked like a great bet except you need a new TV because you kicked crap out of it in the 91st minute not realising what was coming in the 92nd minute.

I love gambling.

Frodo
06-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Yeah so anyway if you took the $1.53 on United this morning it looked like a great bet except you need a new TV because you kicked crap out of it in the 91st minute not realising what was coming in the 92nd minute.

I love gambling.

I saw pictures of Lukaku celebrating like they'd just won a huge trophy. He must rate Palace higher than I do.

plague
06-03-2018, 04:12 PM
I saw pictures of Lukaku celebrating like they'd just won a huge trophy. He must rate Palace higher than I do.

Maybe he took the $1.53 as well?

parksey
06-03-2018, 09:45 PM

mate you just lost to brighton.

wenger has clearly lost it, and the players - a bunch he's put together in a ridiculously stubborn way.

xhaka wouldn't even get into my all age side. one of the worst players in the league and he's starting every week at arsenal. it's madness.

StannyCFCJET
06-03-2018, 09:59 PM
mate you just lost to brighton.

wenger has clearly lost it, and the players - a bunch he's put together in a ridiculously stubborn way.

xhaka wouldn't even get into my all age side. one of the worst players in the league and he's starting every week at arsenal. it's madness.

And Xhaka was amazing in Germany, Lacazette in France, Cech at Chelsea, Mustafi in Spain and so on. Whats the common denominator Wenger

Bon
10-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Anyone got a fantasy comp running, or keen to do one?
A few of us are in a private one, but its for cheddar.. And respect..

Jeterpool
10-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Anyone got a fantasy comp running, or keen to do one?
A few of us are in a private one, but its for cheddar.. And respect..

Got a Jetstream one running. Have you seen that? It's free

Classic League - 661222-448840
Head to Head - 1950626-447578

Bon
10-08-2018, 11:08 AM

I'm in..
Cheers mate

Roundball Enthusiast
10-08-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm in..
Cheers mate

Sure, I'll beat you in two leagues... I'm in.

plague
11-08-2018, 06:08 AM
Its Uniteds title to lose now. Insurmountable lead.

Frodo
11-08-2018, 09:20 AM

I'll be in this.

Although there isn't enough characters for my team name 'Neves gonna give u up!' Back to the drawing board.

Bremsstrahlung
11-08-2018, 09:35 AM

What site?

Roundball Enthusiast
11-08-2018, 03:40 PM
What site?

Official Premier league one.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 03:01 AM
I would pay stupid money just to watch Hazard play in the flesh for a second time

Frodo
26-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Did anyone see Rui Patricio's save against Sterling today? Thing of beauty.

Frodo
16-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Ryan Fraser is an amazing Winger. Strong, quick, really intelligent with his runs and can finish as well as anyone.

I reckon he could do it at a bigger team too.

plague
16-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Hazard went good.

Frodo
22-09-2018, 07:22 AM
This weekend is going to be a goal fest in the EPL. Man U are the only team who did what was expected in Europe . (Unless you expected Tottenham to do a Tottenham and Arsenal to let a Ukranian mid table side score 2 goals)..

Salah will score a hat trick in frustration.
Aguero will score a few after signing his contract and missing a couple in their loss.
Tottenham will be filthy from their loss and will come out firing.
Arsenal are playing Everton who have a defensive crisis, which we are pretty much famous for now. Gonna be a 4-3 style game. Lacazette gonna be fired up after travelling all that way and not getting on.

Good times ahead.

Bremsstrahlung
23-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Pogba’s touch for the assist yesterday. Wow.
United fans must hate the guy. Bosses UCL game, produces moments like that, then goes MIA for 10 games.

Some goal for Wolverhampton as well!

Frodo
24-09-2018, 06:21 PM
United fans must hate the guy. Bosses UCL game, produces moments like that, then goes MIA for 10 games.

That touch was superb. Equalizer was a great goal to watch too. Great tenacity to keep the ball in against shaw from I think Jimenez.

StannyCFCJET
24-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Pretty sure he has fallen out with Jose or so I've heard

Frodo
24-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Pretty sure he has fallen out with Jose or so I've heard

Where have you been for the last 6 months???

Frodo
30-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Watford are going to be a slippery team for anyone to face this year. Pereyra is a great player to have for them, a bit of guile and ability to go with an decent engine. Will Hughes is finally starting to hit his straps, always had talent but needed to take a step up and seems to have done it at Watford in the off season. Hopefully them, United and Everton can take some points of the other teams in the top 6 this year to help us out.

Frodo
07-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Agent Sanchez giving us one more week of this hilarious situation at United. Wenger must be sipping wine in the south of France pissing himself laughing at Mou's expense. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke either.

MFKS
07-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Agent Sanchez giving us one more week of this hilarious situation at United. Wenger must be sipping wine in the south of France pissing himself laughing at Mou's expense. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke either.

International break so it is 2 at least plus Man U have Chelsea away next so a loss in that isnt a surprise or sackable offence

Frodo
07-10-2018, 10:30 AM
International break so it is 2 at least plus Man U have Chelsea away next so a loss in that isnt a surprise or sackable offence

Thank you Membah, you've just made Arsene and I very happy.

MFKS
07-10-2018, 02:00 PM
The most bizarre thing of this game is Jose has finally acted like the Jose of old

For the last couple of months he has sat on his hands as his side have floudered

To hook Bailly after 19 mins was 100% the right call and the call the old Jose would make

Makes you wonder why last week at West Ham he didnt hook Pogba who was actually turning in a worse effort than Bailly did

Bizarre if this is just the kick start to things MUFC need under Jose

Dont forget SAF was a game of 2 from the arse in the early 90s and one result in th FA Cup changed that narrative

Frodo
28-10-2018, 08:13 AM
No confirmation of who's inside but the Leicester City Owners private Helicopter has crashed outside the stadium during take off.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Terrible.
Thoughts are with everyone involved.

Also, nothing like a tragedy to separate the good from the downright scum of the world.

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Barkley is the best Bargin signings of the past few years. Also only team in England still undefeated in all comps feels good

Premy
29-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Also only team in England still undefeated in all comps feels good

Incorrect

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Incorrect

Im only counting the Prem

Premy
29-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Im only counting the Prem
All comps? Only counting the Prem?
Then you're still incorrect as City and Liverpool are still undefeated in the Prem.

I'm so confused.

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 12:56 PM
You know what I meant

Jeterpool
29-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Barkley is the best Bargin signings of the past few years. Also only team in England still undefeated in all comps feels good

James Milner has had a great impact at Liverpool and he was free.

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 01:22 PM
James Milner has had a great impact at Liverpool and he was free.

True be interesting to see the full list of transfers for players under 20mil of the past few seasons

plague
29-10-2018, 01:29 PM
True be interesting to see the full list of transfers for players under 20mil of the past few seasons

I think Coutinho would win that game. Only cost them like 8mil yeah?

Jeterpool
29-10-2018, 01:35 PM
I think Coutinho would win that game. Only cost them like 8mil yeah?

Yeah, 8 mill.

Premy
29-10-2018, 01:44 PM
You know what I meant

Nah I really don't as Chelsea aren't undefeated in all comps

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Not sure I follow, Unless your counting the community shield as a proper competition

Premy
29-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Not sure I follow, Unless your counting the community shield as a proper competition

It's a competitive fixture for a trophy isn't it?
So Chelsea aren't undefeated in all competitions.

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 04:00 PM
It's a competitive fixture for a trophy isn't it?
So Chelsea aren't undefeated in all competitions.

It's considered a pre season game. Thought everyone knew that. No seriously counts it as something won at the end of season

Premy
29-10-2018, 04:13 PM
It's considered a pre season game. Thought everyone knew that. No seriously counts it as something won at the end of season

That sounds like something that someone would say after they lost.
Chelsea fielded a strong starting lineup and I've never heard anyone say they went out to lose a game.

Frodo
29-10-2018, 06:49 PM

From this season alone I can see the following that COULD be better signings than Barkley.

Shaqiri to Liverpool for 14.7 mil
Sokratis to Arsenal for 16 mil
Guendouzi to Arsenal for 8 mil
Lichteiner to Arsenal for Free.
Joe Hart to Burnley for 3.9 mil
Bernard to Everton for Free.
Johny Evans to Leicester for 4 mil
Kouyate to Palace for 10.7 mil
Max Meyer to Palace for Free (Although he hasn't started off well)
David Brooks to Bournemouth for 11.3 mil.
Fabian Balbuena to West Ham for 4 mil.
Ben Foster to Watford for 2.8 mil.
Joao Moutinho to Wolves for 5.6 mil.

Id argue that Guendouzi, Hart and Moutinho have had bigger impacts than Barkley for less coin.

David Brooks has been the best cheap buy of the last few seasons. Has taken to the EPL like a duck to water.

Frodo
29-10-2018, 06:50 PM

Definitely counts as a trophy. There has been some quality games the last few seasons for the Community Shield.

Imyourhero
29-10-2018, 09:35 PM
From this season alone I can see the following that COULD be better signings than Barkley.

Id argue that Guendouzi, Hart and Moutinho have had bigger impacts than Barkley for less coin.

David Brooks has been the best cheap buy of the last few seasons. Has taken to the EPL like a duck to water.

If Shaqiri keeps on current trajectory he'll easily be #1 signing for under 20mil

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 09:52 PM
If Shaqiri keeps on current trajectory he'll easily be #1 signing for under 20mil

Only if he is instrumental in liverpool winning something

redwah
30-10-2018, 08:46 AM
You know what I meant

You’re a Chelsea fan...football only began when the premier league started.

MFKS
30-10-2018, 09:21 AM
You’re a Chelsea fan...football only began when the premier league started.

Year after

Chelsea were honking in 92/93 just as they were for 99% of their history prior to that

plague
30-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Spurs stink.

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Year after

Chelsea were honking in 92/93 just as they were for 99% of their history prior to that

You say that like I should be ashamed

MFKS
30-10-2018, 03:02 PM
You say that like I should be ashamed

No just stating facts

Take in the reality of it all

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2018, 03:11 PM
No just stating facts

Take in the reality of it all

Whatever reality Is were a top club now and people need to except it and move on. Every other club besides city and United wish they had our money but even with money you still need to spend it properly and we've done that. Everyone can bitch and moan why we continue to win things and surpass other clubs in stature

Bon
30-10-2018, 03:14 PM
No confirmation of who's inside but the Leicester City Owners private Helicopter has crashed outside the stadium during take off.

All five on board died. The owner was one of them.
Horrible news..

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2018, 03:16 PM
All five on board died. The owner was one of them.
Horrible news..

I heard one of his daughters were on board? Has this been confirmed hope not

Bon
30-10-2018, 03:18 PM

I was just reading this:
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/impact-of-leicester-tragedy-impossible-to-measure-says-ex-skipper-kisnorbo

MFKS
30-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Gee news is slow in Straya

Knew about this being true in Thailand on Sunday

Premy
30-10-2018, 05:44 PM
It wasn't his daughter, it was a 33 year old female friend who was the former runner up to Thailand's Miss Universe.
2 pilots who were in a relationship and the LCFC owners business partner/ righthand man were the the other 3

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2018, 06:45 PM
It wasn't his daughter, it was a 33 year old female friend who was the former runner up to Thailand's Miss Universe.
2 pilots who were in a relationship and the LCFC owners business partner/ righthand man were the the other 3

At least it wasnt his Daughter

Bremsstrahlung
30-10-2018, 06:46 PM
All lives lost in that tragedy were equally important.

Frodo
30-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Only if he is instrumental in liverpool winning something

Cause Barkley has helped you win heaps of trophies...

Frodo
30-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Whatever reality Is were a top club now and people need to except it and move on. Every other club besides city and United wish they had our money but even with money you still need to spend it properly and we've done that. Everyone can bitch and moan why we continue to win things and surpass other clubs in stature

No one is jealous of Chelsea.

The only clubs you surpassed in stature were the old guard, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. You caught up with the rest of us, no surpassing going on.

Frodo
30-10-2018, 09:12 PM

He and his family seemed to be absolutely adored by everyone at the club and the fans. Terrible loss.

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2018, 09:17 PM
No one is jealous of Chelsea.

The only clubs you surpassed in stature were the old guard, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. You caught up with the rest of us, no surpassing going on.

Plenty of Surpassing happening. Until you win a UCL were staying bigger then you and Liverpool havent won the English 1st division in over 20+ years so theyve dropped down as well

redwah
31-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Plenty of Surpassing happening. Until you win a UCL were staying bigger then you and Liverpool havent won the English 1st division in over 20+ years so theyve dropped down as well

Are you serious? Do they remove fans capacity to comprehend when Russian billionaires or oil states buy clubs....all of a sudden you are a big club......fmd if Players wages were capped you and the city fans would be watching a first division match every week...players don’t go there for the “history “....

plague
31-10-2018, 09:29 AM
This thread title is perfect.

The Dunster
31-10-2018, 09:38 AM
I stopped giving a shit about Chelsea when Chopper Harris left them.

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Are you serious? Do they remove fans capacity to comprehend when Russian billionaires or oil states buy clubs....all of a sudden you are a big club......fmd if Players wages were capped you and the city fans would be watching a first division match every week...players don’t go there for the “history “....

No player goes to any club for their history. Big clubs win big trophies and we've done plenty of that with Roman and the 10 years or so before Roman. Also without us the prem would still be only United and Arsenal winning it every year how exciting

Premy
31-10-2018, 12:44 PM
I stopped giving a shit about Chelsea when Chopper Harris left them.

Dunstersaur I love you, never change.

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Would be funny watching the forwards of today go up against Chopper, Many red cards and broken bones

idontwannaplaywithhowey
31-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Spurs stink.

We are so pedestrian.
In our 2 games against decent teams this year in the EPL (Liverpool and City) we have been thoroughly outclassed.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
31-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Ben Foster has been rad back at Watford as well.

I will agree with Stanny that Barkley has been quite good though.

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Ben Foster has been rad back at Watford as well.

I will agree with Stanny that Barkley has been quite good though.

I had him on my get sold list b4 pre season but he has worked hard even spent time watching Napoli videos to learn how Sarri wants his midfielders to play

MFKS
31-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Stanny the funny thing here is your insecurity is on display for all to see

It is also indicative of Chelsea fans and their insecurity

I dont need to be convinced that Man U Liverpool Bayern Milan Real Barca etc are big clubs regardless of how well they are currently going

Nor does anyone else

It is just accepted as reality

Chelsea on the other hand are trying to convince us that they belong

The fact that you need to try to convince anyone clearly shows that you dont belong at that level

You have bought your way to the table no more no less

Same as your argument on Hazard being a modern great when he clearly isnt

PS You are in the Europa League also

FFS
Sit down shut up etc

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2018, 05:40 PM

I dont need to be convinced that Man U Liverpool Bayern Milan Real Barca etc are big clubs regardless of how well they are currently going

Nor does anyone else

The fact that you need to try to convince anyone clearly shows that you dont belong at that level

FFS
Sit down shut up etc

Was waiting for you to pipe up. Really brightens up my day. Keep it up

MFKS
31-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Was waiting for you to pipe up. Really brightens up my day. Keep it up

Course it would brighten your day up

Calling you out on being plain wrong isnt an issue

Hazard
Hoffman
Chelsea

etc etc

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Only fans underrate Hazard, Former players, coaches, and pundits all rate him right up there

MFKS
31-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Only fans underrate Hazard, Former players, coaches, and pundits all rate him right up there

Keep telling yourself that

When he oplaying in the UCL ??

oops

Bremsstrahlung
01-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Derby managed to score 4 goals to Chelsea’s 1 today.

redwah
01-11-2018, 12:14 PM

Nor does anyone else

FFS
Sit down shut up etc

I ****ing hate the mancs...seriously hate them as all Liverpool supporters do but I can acknowledge the fact that they have become probably the biggest football club in the world over the last 15-20years through results, board level management and marketing...real and Barca have probably caught up through ronaldo and Messi but facts are facts. The fact that they are ****ing it all up post fergy is a source of joy is another point which we all can enjoy. But Chelsea, Man city, PSG will always be regarded as money clubs....bought by some uber rich person as a play thing. Yes they may win titles and the odd champions league but their reputations will always be associated with their owners.

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 12:40 PM
I ****ing hate the mancs...seriously hate them as all Liverpool supporters do but I can acknowledge the fact that they have become probably the biggest football club in the world over the last 15-20years through results, board level management and marketing...real and Barca have probably caught up through ronaldo and Messi but facts are facts. The fact that they are ****ing it all up post fergy is a source of joy is another point which we all can enjoy. But Chelsea, Man city, PSG will always be regarded as money clubs....bought by some uber rich person as a play thing. Yes they may win titles and the odd champions league but their reputations will always be associated with their owners.

How else does one win things without spending money? Were the teams who got money supposed to just let the teams who were already winning things keep winning unopposed?

Frodo
01-11-2018, 02:15 PM
How else does one win things without spending money? Were the teams who got money supposed to just let the teams who were already winning things keep winning unopposed?

Plague, how much money did that plucky team of legends from Leicester spend to with the EPL? And where do that massive club from Chelsea finish that season?

I will admit Chelsea are in the better European competition tho.

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Plague, how much money did that plucky team of legends from Leicester spend to with the EPL? And where do that massive club from Chelsea finish that season?

I will admit Chelsea are in the better European competition tho.

Leicester still spent money to win things doesnt matter how much or how little. United spend big but are on a downward spiral. Its about how and who you spend the money on and then you need the right people in place to take advantage of it. United and Arsenal had this in the 90s and 200s, Liverpool in the 80s and now Chelsea and City in the 2000s

Macca
01-11-2018, 03:15 PM
doesnt matter how much or how little.
Hah. Please continue.

redwah
01-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Leicester still spent money to win things doesnt matter how much or how little. United spend big but are on a downward spiral. Its about how and who you spend the money on and then you need the right people in place to take advantage of it. United and Arsenal had this in the 90s and 200s, Liverpool in the 80s and now Chelsea and City in the 2000s

United are on a downward spiral because their management and manager are idiots and cant get their shit together...which i pretty much said.

You are missing the whole point of the argument...of course you need to spend money to get to to top and win trophies...the point is some clubs are big through history and what they have achieved and how they have gone about building their reputation...others have been bought by billionaires and are trying to convince everyone that they are big.

PC14
01-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Whilst I agree with the "everyone spends money" bit, it's all relative to the club. Leicester didn't go out and purchase left and centre to do what they did. They built from the ground up and didn't just appear with an open cheque book. Chelsea were there abouts but where they are today is testament to the Abramovich and the money he is willing to spend.

Chelsea haven't had the amount of players out on loan they have for the last decade because they bought smartly. They bought and bought and bought. Old managers have left new managers with massive amounts of talent that are unsustainable on a clubs books, so they have shifted them on for a few years. When they haven't developed, they've sold them and replaced them with more players to loan out and see what becomes of them. You don't do that without the money Chelsea have available to them.

Is it their fault? No, absolutely not. Fair play to them. It's just that the everyone else spends money tag, does not wash with the majority of football fans.

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Whilst I agree with the "everyone spends money" bit, it's all relative to the club. Leicester didn't go out and purchase left and centre to do what they did. They built from the ground up and didn't just appear with an open cheque book. Chelsea were there abouts but where they are today is testament to the Abramovich and the money he is willing to spend.

Chelsea haven't had the amount of players out on loan they have for the last decade because they bought smartly. They bought and bought and bought. Old managers have left new managers with massive amounts of talent that are unsustainable on a clubs books, so they have shifted them on for a few years. When they haven't developed, they've sold them and replaced them with more players to loan out and see what becomes of them. You don't do that without the money Chelsea have available to them.

Is it their fault? No, absolutely not. Fair play to them. It's just that the everyone else spends money tag, does not wash with the majority of football fans.

We bough lots of young players to loan and sell them to make a profit. I dont agree with it but it works

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Also how did those clubs get to where they are. Nothing but homegrown players and coaches?

Frodo
01-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Basically Stanny, the quicker the rise the faster the fall.

So whilst it would take decades for Man U and Liverpool to lose their powerhouse status, it would take about 5 years out of Europe for Chelsea to lose theirs.

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 08:48 PM

So whilst it would take decades for Man U and Liverpool to lose their powerhouse status, it would take about 5 years out of Europe for Chelsea to lose theirs.

It took Arsenal 10 years so fair point

Frodo
01-11-2018, 08:56 PM
It took Arsenal 10 years so fair point

10 years for what?

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 09:05 PM
10 years for what?

To lose your so called powerhouse status

Frodo
01-11-2018, 09:16 PM
To lose your so called powerhouse status

When they stop discussing/comparing teams to the Invicibles we might be in trouble. Don't forget, you missed out on Europe 4 years ago, like even the UEL. People lost their minds when we finished 5th. No one was surprised when you fell apart and it could definitely happen again.

When you match our trophy cabinet quantity I'll start getting worried. You've got 16 to go I think.

Frodo
01-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Arsenal might be the 4th biggest club in England. But the only clubs bigger than us are Man United and Liverpool. True fact.

MFKS
01-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Arsenal might be the 4th biggest club in England. But the only clubs bigger than us are Man United and Liverpool. True fact.

Spuds are a bigger club support wise

Incompetence at delivering trophies yes they have mastered but they are the 2nd biggest behind Man U in support

Biggest under achievers in world football they are

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 09:26 PM

Incompetence at delivering trophies yes they have mastered but they are the 2nd biggest behind Man U in support

Hahahaha even West Ham are bigger then spurs

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 09:26 PM
When they stop discussing/comparing teams to the Invicibles we might be in trouble. Don't forget, you missed out on Europe 4 years ago, like even the UEL. People lost their minds when we finished 5th. No one was surprised when you fell apart and it could definitely happen again.

When you match our trophy cabinet quantity I'll start getting worried. You've got 16 to go I think.

Lost your biggest game that season, The invincible's team is overrated Chelsea in 04/05 and United Treble team were better

Frodo
01-11-2018, 09:27 PM

Could be in trouble if Madrid get Pochettino.

Frodo
01-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Lost your biggest game that season, The invincible's team is overrated Chelsea in 04/05 and United Treble team were better

Hahahaha. Peak Stanny here. Very funny.

Yes, there is one team in History that would have a chance of competing with them. They wore Red and had the greatest player in EPL history in their lineup. His first name was Paul.

StannyCFCJET
01-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Hahahaha. Peak Stanny here. Very funny.

Yes, there is one team in History that would have a chance of competing with them. They wore Red and had the greatest player in EPL history in their lineup. His first name was Paul.

You lost 3 games that season and drew 12 times, Not to mention you actually played to draw and not win a fair few of your games. United won three trophies and We broke the at the time points amassed and goals conceded record

MFKS
01-11-2018, 10:22 PM
You lost 3 games that season and drew 12 times, Not to mention you actually played to draw and not win a fair few of your games. United won three trophies and We broke the at the time points amassed and goals conceded record

Arsenal went the entire season unbeaten

Kudos

No other top flight side has done it since 1889

We can argue who was the better side forever the Man U treble side or the Invincibles it is a good discussion to have

But you trying to throw Chelsea in therr is just ****ing laughable

No **** outside of Chelseas supporters would even consider including Chelsea in this argument

Just another one of your delusions in relation to your club

baldrick
01-11-2018, 11:18 PM
The invincible's team is overrated

:sigh:

Bremsstrahlung
02-11-2018, 05:46 AM
It’s easy to go the season undefeated. Teams simply choose not too.
Shows much more quality and skill and character to lose a few games along the way. Winning the competition while losing is much more difficult. Ask Huddersfield this year, it’s gonna be a whole lot harder for them than it will be for City.

Frodo
02-11-2018, 08:06 AM
It’s easy to go the season undefeated. Teams simply choose not too.
Shows much more quality and skill and character to lose a few games along the way. Winning the competition while losing is much more difficult. Ask Huddersfield this year, it’s gonna be a whole lot harder for them than it will be for City.

Now we're back onto some real hard truths. Mooy, Sobhi and Terence Kongola to fight it out for the Ballon D'oh, haha. Obviously the "make a wish" kid from Australia to win it.

plague
02-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Arsenal went the entire season unbeaten

Kudos

No other top flight side has done it since 1889

Jets 07/08 team was undefeated.
Jets 17/18 team was undefeated.

Do you even football bro?

Bon
02-11-2018, 09:21 AM
The invincible's team is overrated Chelsea in 04/05 and United Treble team were better

Man, this thread is just getting better and better..
Almost as good as the cattiness in the NPL thread, or the cans in the Tennis thread..
Five stars Stanny.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
02-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Hahahaha even West Ham are bigger then spurs

Elaborate

idontwannaplaywithhowey
02-11-2018, 10:32 AM

This.

Also, I'm agree twice with the Arsenal man in the same post (that concerns me). Invincible season was an amazing side.
Actually, 3 times. If Poch does wander off to Madrid we are in big strife.

Frodo
02-11-2018, 12:04 PM
This.

Also, I'm agree twice with the Arsenal man in the same post (that concerns me). Invincible season was an amazing side.
Actually, 3 times. If Poch does wander off to Madrid we are in big strife.

Looking forward to the Carabao Cup. Poch would be advised to take that game very seriously with the mood around the club at the moment.

Cue a Carl Jenkinson hat trick to send Poch tumbling towards Madrid, haha. (side note: I was so happy that Jenko got game time against Blackpool. He is one of my favourite players of all time purely for the fact that he is a proper Arsenal fan and got to play for them as a professional. He is living the true football dream.)

Premy
02-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Looking forward to the Carabao Cup. Poch would be advised to take that game very seriously with the mood around the club at the moment.

Cue a Carl Jenkinson hat trick to send Poch tumbling towards Madrid, haha. (side note: I was so happy that Jenko got game time against Blackpool. He is one of my favourite players of all time purely for the fact that he is a proper Arsenal fan and got to play for them as a professional. He is living the true football dream.)

Arsenal got lucky against the powerhouse that is Blackpool, geez that ref was handing out cards like candy on Halloween.

Frodo
02-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Arsenal got lucky against the powerhouse that is Blackpool, geez that ref was handing out cards like candy on Halloween.

Ref was very green and seemed to get nervous. Terrible against both teams, both Reds shouldn't have been given.

pv4
02-11-2018, 03:11 PM

United and Chelsea's golden trophy looks really nice - oh wait.

Remember a few years ago Chelsea early on looked like they'd attempt an unbeaten season.. was it 14/15? And whom did they lose to, was it Newcastle or someone like that? I remember at the time the hype was real.

Arsenal may very well have burned bridges in other competitions in the Invincibles year but no one can ever take away that shiny golden trophy.. unless they raid Arsene Wenger's house and steal it.

StannyCFCJET
02-11-2018, 03:24 PM
United and Chelsea's golden trophy looks really nice - oh wait.

Remember a few years ago Chelsea early on looked like they'd attempt an unbeaten season.. was it 14/15? And whom did they lose to, was it Newcastle or someone like that? I remember at the time the hype was real.

Arsenal may very well have burned bridges in other competitions in the Invincibles year but no one can ever take away that shiny golden trophy.. unless they raid Arsene Wenger's house and steal it.

They cant take it away but other teams have had more impressive seasons and that's just life

Bon
02-11-2018, 03:33 PM
They cant take it away but other teams have had more impressive seasons and that's just life

Your (blind) love for Chelsea is admirable, Stanny, BUT to say that any recent team has had a more impressive season than The Invincibles is a stretch...

plague
02-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Lester's title win was prob a more unlikely event that Arsebal going undefeated.

Frodo
02-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Lester's title win was prob a more unlikely event that Arsebal going undefeated.

I'd say it is in its own tier of special. They don't compete, but both are wonders that should be cherished for a long time to come.

pv4
02-11-2018, 05:41 PM

Teams not includig Chelsea

pv4
02-11-2018, 05:43 PM

I wonder what both would have paid at bookies at the start of their respective seasons. Both absurdly unlikely, and both amazing

StannyCFCJET
02-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Your (blind) love for Chelsea is admirable, Stanny, BUT to say that any recent team has had a more impressive season than The Invincibles is a stretch...

Never said recent. Just the United treble team and Chelsea 04/05 for conceding only 15 goals while breaking at the time the points record

plague
02-11-2018, 06:30 PM
I wonder what both would have paid at bookies at the start of their respective seasons. Both absurdly unlikely, and both amazing

Lester were famously 5000/1, theres no way the odds of an undefeated season were bigger than that.

Frodo
04-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Arsenal vs Liverpool was an absolute cracker of a game. Deserved draw for both teams. Both could have won it and went at it for 95 mins which is all you want.

Our attack looked superb in patches. If we could get to this level for 90 mins week in week out we would be very serious title contenders.

Premy
04-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Arsenal vs Liverpool was an absolute cracker of a game. Deserved draw for both teams. Both could have won it and went at it for 95 mins which is all you want.

Our attack looked superb in patches. If we could get to this level for 90 mins week in week out we would be very serious title contenders.

I only seen the 2nd half and I thought that you guys were far better than us. We looked dangerous on the counter everytime but you guys controlled the game, Lucas Torreira was brilliant.

As a Pool fan after watching the second half I'm stoked with a point. Yeah the equalizer in the 80th odd minute was painful but a point away to an in form Arsenal and playing pretty ordinary, I'll take that.

Premy
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
2 things after watching the highlights.

Mkhitaryan should have had a penalty after Allison clattered into him.
Mane's goal should have stood.

Frodo
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM
2 things after watching the highlights.

Mkhitaryan should have had a penalty after Allison clattered into him.
Mane's goal should have stood.

I don't think the Mkyhi one should have been a penalty. Because the same thing happened against Van Dyjk from Leno in the 1st half that wasn't called. Happy for both not to be called but can understand if they were.

The Mane goal could have been called back because the linesman thought he got involved with the play initially. Not for the 2nd shot where he was onside. BUT that could have easily been given as a goal on another night.

It was an awesome game, I highly recommend you watch the entire thing if you get a chance. It was so quick and both teams went at it.

Premy
04-11-2018, 10:43 AM
I don't think the Mkyhi one should have been a penalty. Because the same thing happened against Van Dyjk from Leno in the 1st half that wasn't called. Happy for both not to be called but can understand if they were.

The Mane goal could have been called back because the linesman thought he got involved with the play initially. Not for the 2nd shot where he was onside. BUT that could have easily been given as a goal on another night.

It was an awesome game, I highly recommend you watch the entire thing if you get a chance. It was so quick and both teams went at it.

Fully agree that Mkhitaryan could go either way, the VVD one was probably less of a penalty shout but he was offside anyway so it's completely irrelevant what happens after that.

Would be interested to see what VAR would have done with Mane's. Mane turned seen Bobby and immediately moved away from the ball, imo he wasn't offside.

Frodo
30-11-2018, 11:04 PM
FA wants to cap the number of loan players a club can have at 8.

Chelsea currently have 39 on loan... I wonder if that is a deliberate shot at the Russian by the FA?

Premy
06-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Has Stanny gone into hiding or something?

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Has Stanny gone into hiding or something?

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

plague
06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Fellaini is a ****ing grub.

Frodo
06-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Just imagine having Juan Mata on the bench and resorting to that lump instead. Fold the club.

plague
06-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Just imagine having Juan Mata on the bench and resorting to that lump instead. Fold the club.

Yeah that's pretty much my gripe with it.
Mata is a brilliant player.

MFKS
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM

But no matter what way you want to look at it this is just more proof that the dumb ****s at the FFA and their Dutch Mango sucking mates have the entire Football curriculum wrong

Getting the ball in the box and creating a contest and a second ball is a more effective method than endless passing to nowhere

Bremsstrahlung
06-12-2018, 05:26 PM

How this bloke has made a living out of football still amazes me.

Frodo
09-12-2018, 07:52 AM
City are gone. Don't believe the hype. Probably gonna miss out on top 4 now. Liverpool gonna walk the league....

Thoughts Member and Stanny? What happened to the only team who has a chance to win the league this year?

StannyCFCJET
09-12-2018, 11:17 AM
They are still the only team but ill take that any day of the week. They will beat all the other non big teams, Chelsea wont and Liverpool wont IMO

MFKS
09-12-2018, 03:11 PM
City are gone. Don't believe the hype. Probably gonna miss out on top 4 now. Liverpool gonna walk the league....

Thoughts Member and Stanny? What happened to the only team who has a chance to win the league this year?

Pep just trolling the scousers

Get their hopes up so the lulz can be bigger when they do another Stevie G and trip up and blow the title

StannyCFCJET
09-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Pep just trolling the scousers

Get their hopes up so the lulz can be bigger when they do another Stevie G and trip up and blow the title

Greatest moment of his career. Did massive favour to football fans everywhere

plague
09-12-2018, 08:51 PM

yeah this a true and accurate statement thing its gonna come down to goal difference between Liverpool and the Gunners.

Jeterpool
10-12-2018, 09:54 AM
The Premier League is an absolute sprint this year. The fact that there were two unbeaten teams after 15 games (into December) is incredible. It's enthralling entertainment and the margins are so so fine.

Roundball Enthusiast
10-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Goal difference to break a 4 way tie at the top.

Frodo
23-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Man City are untouchable???
No one has any chance of catching Man City????

They'll be lucky to finish 2nd on current form.
"Pep's getting sacked in the morning!!"

Frodo
23-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Also, Arsenal have not lost a single game this year when they are leading at half time.

Untouchable!!?

Jeterpool
23-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Incredible set of results this morning.

United's result really stinks of the players not playing for Jose

Frodo
23-12-2018, 09:36 AM

So there's 2 sides to this for mine. If the team was already very close and Mou pissed off too many players in that group, off course they wouldn't want to play for him. So that's a positive if it's the case. The new couch only has to massage a few egos and they'll start performing.

boz-monaut
23-12-2018, 09:59 AM
certainly in for an exciting second half of the season

De-Champ
23-12-2018, 10:46 AM

Difficult to tell after one game. usually when a club changes manager, the first few games are a positive result, but when the dust settles, same old same old.

Bremsstrahlung
23-12-2018, 01:07 PM
I’m looking forward to Liverpool V Arsenal and City.
Both should be cracking games.

Liverpool V Arsenal is the top 2 in form teams right now imo.
And city will be back to winning ways before our clash.

6 points here and we can look forward to an inevitable implosion of epic proportions.

Nailed on 0/6 now.

Frodo
23-12-2018, 02:37 PM
I’m looking forward to Liverpool V Arsenal and City.
Both should be cracking games.

Liverpool V Arsenal is the top 2 in form teams right now imo.
And city will be back to winning ways before our clash.

6 points here and we can look forward to an inevitable implosion of epic proportions.

Nailed on 0/6 now.

If we had 4 fit 1st team defenders before the game maybe we'd stand a chance, we can definitely score goals against anyone in the league. But I don't think we will beat Liverpool at home right now.

Retro Jet
03-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Fmd...
6 games underway and all 6 drawn at HT but
Bournemouth v Watford the pick of 'em :shock:

Negative Police
03-01-2019, 11:27 PM
City will still win epl.

Bon
30-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Man City losing to Newy!!! Great result for us..
And fvcking Man U scraping back to equalise in injury time AGAIN.. at home to Burnley..

Jeterpool
30-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Man City losing to Newy!!! Great result for us..
And fvcking Man U scraping back to equalise in injury time AGAIN.. at home to Burnley..

It's what United do.

Big game for Liverpool tomorrow. Those crowing about a 7 point gap already are foolish in my opinion - claiming the points before they've been played is playing with fire.

Bon
30-01-2019, 10:39 AM
It's what United do.

Big game for Liverpool tomorrow. Those crowing about a 7 point gap already are foolish in my opinion - claiming the points before they've been played is playing with fire.

Absolutely...

StannyCFCJET
30-01-2019, 10:55 AM
City have dropped their standards soo much this season. Soo weird

Jeterpool
30-01-2019, 12:07 PM
City have dropped their standards soo much this season. Soo weird

I'd suggest they are reverting to mean.

plague
30-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Loading up on the draw vs Lester.

boz-monaut
30-01-2019, 01:50 PM
I'd suggest they are reverting to mean.Liverpool will too soon enough

Jeterpool
30-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Liverpool will too soon enough

Too true

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2019, 04:25 PM
We need to beat Leicester so we can lose to West Ham

Jeterpool
31-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Zaha's red was interesting this morning. Blatant petulance towards the ref and he kept going. Deserved what he got

plague
31-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Loading up on the draw vs Lester.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the back counting cash.

Cheers.
Plague.

pv4
31-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Zaha's red was interesting this morning. Blatant petulance towards the ref and he kept going. Deserved what he got

Speaking of which, see Dzeko in the Roma/Fiorentina game. Spat at a ref twice! Surely he has a big old suspension coming his way..

Frodo
31-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Speaking of which, see Dzeko in the Roma/Fiorentina game. Spat at a ref twice! Surely he has a big old suspension coming his way..

Spat at him TWICE! What the honest ****? He will have to get 8-10 weeks or so.

Retro Jet
11-02-2019, 02:52 AM
Oh Jamie...
What could have been if you were properly warmed up!

Retro Jet
11-02-2019, 02:55 AM
And how sh!t was the defending straight after.
All the time in the world to get rid of it.

Premy
11-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Chelsea be lucky to get 6th spot behind Arsenal I think

Chelsea will be lucky to finish ahead of Wolverhampton at the moment.

plague
12-02-2019, 01:59 AM
The way I see it, Luverpool has 4 hard games left.
City has 2.

Spurs have 3, but if they win all 3 they'll prob end up champions.

The next few weeks are gonna be a trip man.

Premy
12-02-2019, 07:53 AM
The way I see it, Luverpool has 4 hard games left.
City has 2.

Spurs have 3, but if they win all 3 they'll prob end up champions.

The next few weeks are gonna be a trip man.

Liverpool will win the games against Spurs, United, Chelsea, Everton and Wolves. However Liverpool will slip up on Huddersfield, it's written in stone

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Liverpool will win the games against Spurs, United, Chelsea, Everton and Wolves. However Liverpool will slip up on Huddersfield, it's written in stone

The fact we know this almost means that they need to change this and be a bit more “unpredictable”

Premy
19-02-2019, 10:43 AM
You want a trophy. Forget the league and focus on the cups
FA Cup 5th round
Chelsea 0-2 United

This stuff just writes itself.

Bremsstrahlung
24-02-2019, 05:55 AM
I’m curious to see what happens to Mooy.
With Huddersfield gone, will they take him back to the championship. Or will they sell him off. Probably won’t make a profit as this year he hasn’t been too great or a standout, especially compared to last year.

Will be interesting to see what clubs go in for him

StannyCFCJET
24-02-2019, 09:23 AM
With Huddersfield gone, will they take him back to the championship. Or will they sell him off. Probably won’t make a profit as this year he hasn’t been too great or a standout, especially compared to last year.

Recon he is a relegation release clause

MFKS
24-02-2019, 11:31 AM

None

He is lazy arse bludger

He be in the Championship next season

He aint that good on the ball teams can overlook his questionable levels of work

Frodo
10-03-2019, 08:29 AM
So there are very credible sources saying that Guardiola has agreed to take over Juventus next season. He left Barca at their peak, he left Bayern after a similar amount of time. Man City may well be in trouble with the FFP and he doesn't want it to taint his legacy.. Could shake up the EPL a bunch if he leaves.

Frodo
10-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Also, the Spanish media (who are very hit and miss with these sorts of things) are saying that Klopp is Real Madrid's dream coaching appointment.

They want Neymar and Klopp and a small clear out. I reckon Bale, one of Kroos/Modric, Marcelo, Isco would all be the ones on the chopping block.

I wonder if Klopp would even consider it if Liverpool didn't win anything again this year or if he would want to see out what he started there.

Jetmaster
10-03-2019, 11:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/09/jose-mourinho-back-real-madrid-manager-ramon-calderon

Special One "could" be named tomorrow.

Frodo
18-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Liverpool and City relying pretty heavily on refs decisions this week. City probably deserved to be out of the FA cup and Liverpool deserved a draw at Fulham. Close decisions, not saying there conspiracy but just a bit of luck going their ways at the tight end of the season.

Bremsstrahlung
18-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Idk what the keeper was doing pulling Mane, he’s not even getting to the ball, and I don’t think he was playing for contact or anything.

Frodo
31-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Mooy doing about as well as every other Aussie footballer right now and equalling Derby's record for the earliest relegation from the EPL.

Frodo
03-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Fulham have also been relegated now. They spent relatively big and it didn't help at all.

Only 1 spot remaining and Cardiff are heavy favourites.

Frodo
23-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Forget the battle for 1st place. No one really cares.

3rd/4th place is where it's at right now. 4 teams vying to **** up a potential windfall of UCL football next year. Losing to teams in the bottom 8, failing to beat teams that you'd beaten literally the week before, losing to EVERTON 4-0!

This is a quality shitfight going on right now. Let's all enjoy as once great teams and Tottenham destroy the hopes and dreams of their fans each week until the end of the season.

plague
23-04-2019, 09:19 AM
3rd/4th place is where it's at right now. 4 teams vying to **** up a potential windfall of UCL football next year. Losing to teams in the bottom 8, failing to beat teams that you'd beaten literally the week before, losing to EVERTON 4-0!

Came here for the same post.
We've forever been subjected to people crapping on about the 'strength of the Prem', yet team 3 and below are utter trash.

Germany/Spain/Australia have more competitive leagues.

Fold the EPL.

Aegon
29-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Forget the battle for 1st place. No one really cares.

This is a quality shitfight going on right now. Let's all enjoy as once great teams and Tottenham destroy the hopes and dreams of their fans each week until the end of the season.

Even better this week. Not one of them managed a win.

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Irrespective of tomorrow morning's result between City and Leicester, the league will go down to the final day of the season.

How exciting it that.

Jetmaster
06-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Irrespective of tomorrow morning's result between City and Leicester, the league will go down to the final day of the season.

How exciting it that.

As a neutral I still have a DVD with the entire Fox Sports coverage of the Man City v QPR final day game. Just for the sheer drama of that day.

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 09:34 AM
As a neutral I still have a DVD with the entire Fox Sports coverage of the Man City v QPR final day game. Just for the sheer drama of that day.

There's potential for that to happen again.

I'll be terribly disappointed but it's incredible to think 97 points for Liverpool might not be enough. To have two teams be flawless in the league for over 2 months is mad and almost unimaginable.

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 10:37 AM
United can't finish 4th anymore haha