PDA

View Full Version : The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 09:43 AM
United can't finish 4th anymore haha

What are your feelings on Sarri, Stanny? His journey this season has been up and down but with Champions League secured, a great chance to reach the Europa League final - are Chelsea fans happy?

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 09:51 AM
What are your feelings on Sarri, Stanny? His journey this season has been up and down but with Champions League secured, a great chance to reach the Europa League final - are Chelsea fans happy?

Im still torn, His style is cool but we dont have the players for it. but no matter what happens a player cleanout is needed. Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Im still torn, His style is cool but we dont have the players for it. but no matter what happens a player cleanout is needed. Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.

OK, I'm trying to have a sensible football discussion without pissy troll shots. If you can't engage in discussion without doing that, fine. :yawn:

Bon
06-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Bloody hell Stanny, you aren't helping yourself mate..

Continuing on Jeterpool's serious thoughts, I was reading this morning about Cahill saying he has very little respect for Sarri, in the sense that he hasn't been talked to or told anything in regards to why he isn't getting a run..

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Bloody hell Stanny, you aren't helping yourself mate..

Continuing on Jeterpool's serious thoughts, I was reading this morning about Cahill saying he has very little respect for Sarri, in the sense that he hasn't been talked to or told anything in regards to why he isn't getting a run..

It's unclear when that interview was given

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 10:15 AM
OK, I'm trying to have a sensible football discussion without pissy troll shots. If you can't engage in discussion without doing that, fine. :yawn:

Its not a troll, Weve been absolutely rubbish at times, Hell we lost 4-0 away to Bournemouth but yet we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league. Its a nice consolation thought, But I think Hazard is gone so :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Its not a troll, Weve been absolutely rubbish at times, Hell we lost 4-0 away to Bournemouth but yet we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league. Its a nice consolation thought, But I think Hazard is gone so :sigh::sigh::sigh:

OK, let me provide a suggestion. Instead of saying

"Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.
which comes across as a dig towards me as a Liverpool fan, when I've shown respect towards you as a fan. Perhaps say "despite this, it's encouraging for the season we are still in with a chance of winning a trophy". Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?

So back on track now that's been said, how likely is this transfer ban going to be upheld for Chelsea? I know Pulisic is already signed and I assume he's the Hazard replacement (given your thoughts and the strong media rumours) - if you think Sarri wants and needs a clear out I don't know if it is going to happen. Are there any prospects from the players Chelsea have loaned out filling the roles of those players Sarri wants to release?

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 10:55 AM
OK, let me provide a suggestion. Instead of saying

which comes across as a dig towards me as a Liverpool fan, when I've shown respect towards you as a fan. Perhaps say "despite this, it's encouraging for the season we are still in with a chance of winning a trophy". Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?

So back on track now that's been said, how likely is this transfer ban going to be upheld for Chelsea? I know Pulisic is already signed and I assume he's the Hazard replacement (given your thoughts and the strong media rumours) - if you think Sarri wants and needs a clear out I don't know if it is going to happen. Are there any prospects from the players Chelsea have loaned out filling the roles of those players Sarri wants to release?

He wont get a clear out under a our current board and its unsure what the hell Roman is up to. Also if UEFA sticks to form then this ban will be shortened or suspended as it was for others but its us so who knows. Also Loan players who should get a chance, Reece James RB at Wigan, Tammy Abraham ST at Villa, Mason Mount CM at Derby but we need a new LB as well, A Striker and maybe a CM and a Winger

pv4
06-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?

I would guess it is because Liverpool & Sp*rs are on track to finish 2nd and 4th, in a 3-horse race.. one which Liverpool were 7 points ahead of at the start of the year.

MFKS
06-05-2019, 11:36 AM
I would guess it is because Liverpool & Sp*rs are on track to finish 2nd and 4th, in a 3-horse race.. one which Liverpool were 7 points ahead of at the start of the year.

It's only an issue if you are insecure about your club

Reality is Stanny said nothing that wasn't a true statement

If Scouse fans are upset about this remark they better go move to the moon this time next Monday if Man City are Champions because they gonna cop it big time

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 11:44 AM
It's only an issue if you are insecure about your club

Reality is Stanny said nothing that wasn't a true statement

If Scouse fans are upset about this remark they better go move to the moon this time next Monday if Man City are Champions because they gonna cop it big time

No insecurities here. The better team across 38 rounds will be victorious. I've said that all the way along.

And yes, the statement is true but why not mention others? It's because the post is designed to provoke a particular group for some shits and giggles. I'm calling out needless shit stirring for what it is - needless.

My point was why take a stab at someone when they are trying to have a civil discussion? People don't engage on in this place because there is too much of it. Besides, you're intelligent enough to realise this and your response is just trying to rile more people.

plague
06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league

is this even a thing to get excited about if you consider yourself one of the big boys?

legit, no shade here but i know plenty of Liverpool fans that think they've won only one real trophy in 30 years (and some count the odd FA cup too).
I dont know any United fans who were excited about that trophy they won last year (and esp the way they played to get there).

there was a season back in the day where Liverpool won like 5 trophies or something and no one ever speaks of it in the same tones as Istanbul, and they will quickly push even another rung down the ladder if they win the league.

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 01:43 PM
is this even a thing to get excited about if you consider yourself one of the big boys?

legit, no shade here but i know plenty of Liverpool fans that think they've won only one real trophy in 30 years (and some count the odd FA cup too).
I dont know any United fans who were excited about that trophy they won last year (and esp the way they played to get there).

there was a season back in the day where Liverpool won like 5 trophies or something and no one ever speaks of it in the same tones as Istanbul, and they will quickly push even another rung down the ladder if they win the league.

When you go so long without winning as we have you take every trophy you can get no matter what

Aegon
06-05-2019, 01:46 PM
When you go so long without winning as we have you take every trophy you can get no matter what

Try being a Newcastle United fan, i'm still hurting from not getting anything out of back to back FA cup finals in the late 90's.

goaliepersempre
06-05-2019, 04:43 PM
I might just be a biased/somewhat bitter arsenal fan.... But i find it interesting that arsenals dry spell of not winning anything was always in the media, massive pressure.... Yet Spurs and Liverpool have now gone a simliar period without winning a trophy (League title, European Title or FA CUP), yet not mentioned and no pressure media wise. From what I see, compared to that of Arsenal.

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 05:26 PM
I might just be a biased/somewhat bitter arsenal fan.... But i find it interesting that arsenals dry spell of not winning anything was always in the media, massive pressure.... Yet Spurs and Liverpool have now gone a simliar period without winning a trophy (League title, European Title or FA CUP), yet not mentioned and no pressure media wise. From what I see, compared to that of Arsenal.

That's a fair point.
I wonder if the stable manager during that time for arsenal v changing manager for Liverpool and Spurs influenced that?

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Always irked me as well same with the how easy a ride Wenger got in the media compared to every single Chelsea coach

The Ghost
06-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Hold on...i take your point but the ongoing.... Spurs have won nothing..Pochettino isn't a success until he wins a trophy..one league cup in so many years... has been a feature of this and recent seasons...

MFKS
06-05-2019, 06:17 PM
No insecurities here. The better team across 38 rounds will be victorious. I've said that all the way along.

And yes, the statement is true but why not mention others? It's because the post is designed to provoke a particular group for some shits and giggles. I'm calling out needless shit stirring for what it is - needless.

My point was why take a stab at someone when they are trying to have a civil discussion? People don't engage on in this place because there is too much of it. Besides, you're intelligent enough to realise this and your response is just trying to rile more people.

I not trying to rile anyone up right now just stating facts

1 of 2 things will happen on Monday

The Internet will explode when every Scouse plastic comes out of the woodwork on Monday and carries on at a biblical level or people are going to have a great time reminding the Scouse fans who do surface about not winning etc

I be keeping the powder dry until then that for sure

As for people not engaging.
Can't help people who are unable to accept alternate opinion on the Internet at all

MFKS
06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Hold on...i take your point but the ongoing.... Spurs have won nothing..Pochettino isn't a success until he wins a trophy..one league cup in so many years... has been a feature of this and recent seasons...

Spurs though have been a failure for a lot longer than Pochettino has been there

1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup rarely being in the top 6 either in the last 35 years for a club with a fan base 2nd to ManUre is a bit of a joke

To be fair Pochettino has been a success as he has been able to get them into the UCL spots and establish them as a genuine top 4 club compared to the lack of success in the last 35 years

MFKS
06-05-2019, 06:24 PM

I think that has more to do with the fact that Arsenal during the 90s and 00s was challenging for the title nearly every year
The expectation on them was there as they were deemed as a possible title challenger at the start of the season and it really only been the last few years where Arsenal not been though of that way

plague
06-05-2019, 06:59 PM
I think that has more to do with the fact that Arsenal during the 90s and 00s was challenging for the title nearly every year
The expectation on them was there as they were deemed as a possible title challenger at the start of the season and it really only been the last few years where Arsenal not been though of that way

plus their supporters 'seemed' to be happier about contending but not winning considering the style of football they played.
Playing crap and not winning is less palatable. Hence why i think Klopp gets a pass more often than not as well.

but yeah, it will wear thin on everyone eventually.

plague
06-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Always irked me as well same with the how easy a ride Wenger got in the media compared to every single Chelsea coach

you had about 18 changes in the Wenger era yeah?
and didnt they sack some after they won you trophies?
that might be part of the blowback.

Frodo
06-05-2019, 07:12 PM

I wish I lived in whatever planet you come from Stanny.

He never got an easy ride, he was hounded from the moment he arrived and ruined it for the establishment that couldn't keep up. The main difference between him and a few of your coaches was respect. Arsene treated people better than most and was in return shown respect.

Frodo
06-05-2019, 07:20 PM
As for Liverpool and their Trophy drought.

I think it comes down to expectations. Once they dropped off they weren't truly considered title prospects until recent years, whereas Arsenal always seemed 1 or 2 key players off winning. (In truth but was more like 5 players needed)

Even the Rodgers season seemed like a blip rather than a sustained run at titles. But the pressure was already mounting the season after the "slip"

The media is at Klopp all the time now. They keep bringing up his comments about a trophy in 4 years or he'll have to go manage in Switzerland. And for as long as they don't win anything they will be hounded like Arsenal have been.

This is actually the first year were Arsenal have only had to deal with normal expectations from the media. It's just a shame the supporters still think we should be buying €250 mil worth of players every year.

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 07:32 PM
I wish I lived in whatever planet you come from Stanny.

He never got an easy ride, he was hounded from the moment he arrived and ruined it for the establishment that couldn't keep up. The main difference between him and a few of your coaches was respect. Arsene treated people better than most and was in return shown respect.

Nah towards the end he never got the hard questions no matter how poor Arsenal was

Frodo
06-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Nah towards the end he never got the hard questions no matter how poor Arsenal was

Just checking, you do know who Arsene Wenger is don't you? Cause either you don't, or you didn't read a single article regarding the premier league over the last 4 season.

There's is literally ONE (1) single meme created from the premier league. It was a saying used so often in the media and in games it went viral throughout the internet.

It was a hashtag.

That hashtag said the following..

#WENGEROUT

It was probably the most reported about event in premier league history bar the Hillsborough disaster and Fergie time.

Pundits came out and apologized for hounding him out after he left because they regretted the things they said.

He was treated like shit for years before he left by everyone. But he never stopped doing what he believed in. Absolute legend. **** the English Media circus.

#notbitter.
#imisswengerball
#jackwilshireshouldhavewontheballondor

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Just checking, you do know who Arsene Wenger is don't you? Cause either you don't, or you didn't read a single article regarding the premier league over the last 4 season.

There's is literally ONE (1) single meme created from the premier league. It was a saying used so often in the media and in games it went viral throughout the internet.

It was a hashtag.

That hashtag said the following..

#WENGEROUT

It was probably the most reported about event in premier league history bar the Hillsborough disaster and Fergie time.

Pundits came out and apologized for hounding him out after he left because they regretted the things they said.

He was treated like shit for years before he left by everyone. But he never stopped doing what he believed in. Absolute legend. **** the English Media circus.

#notbitter.
#imisswengerball
#jackwilshireshouldhavewontheballondor

Yeah from the fans, But go back and watch his press conferences last few years. Never ever got asked really hard or pressing questions

Frodo
06-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Yeah from the fans, But go back and watch his press conferences last few years. Never ever got asked really hard or pressing questions

Can't argue with nonsense. Have a good night Stanny.

plague
06-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Even the Rodgers season seemed like a blip rather than a sustained run at titles. But the pressure was already mounting the season after the "slip"

hey man, a lot of people treated that season with the same level of surprise as the Lester winning season. Liverpool had been going that bad that they were considered a plucky underdog that year.

and this made a lot of Liverpool fans real mad having their team spoken of that way.

pv4
07-05-2019, 11:59 AM

What are you talking about, it got very bad towards the end. As Frodo said, it became a meme between Wenger Out & the blud fam youtube channels.

You must have missed all the questions about the 3 man defence, players smoking, AOC at CM, Wilshere being injured, Ozil being lazy, Giroud in general, war chest, always facing Bayern in the UCL, not winning the league, Sp*rs finally finishing ahead of us for once, when he will retire, when he will leave, when he will get sacked.

plague
08-05-2019, 09:43 AM
if you want a good example of why klopp gets a pass from the media, today is about as good as you can get.
Sir Alex gets that performance out of his team, Pep gets that performance, but how many other top managers get it?

Im no Arsenal expert, and they have played games that have blown the very best off the park. but im not sure they ever did it for Wenger. Jose at Inter had his team fighting like that, but was it like that at Chelsea or Madrid?

From Klopps pre-match quotes about just going out there and 'failing beautifully' were magic. There were no cliches, and he never foolishly boasted. he spoke just to his team, and they responded. People like Klopp and Fergie had their personalities reflected in their teams. People could see that if you sacked them, you fundamentally changed the team. Other managers always seemed to be a lot more disposable, and in some cases they were right.

I have no doubt that Klopp will run out of 'lucky loser' benefits soon. But they are within a whisker of the 2 biggest trophies they can get (and the only 2 they really care about). 2 would be immortal, 1 would be success, but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 09:48 AM
if you want a good example of why klopp gets a pass from the media, today is about as good as you can get.
Sir Alex gets that performance out of his team, Pep gets that performance, but how many other top managers get it?

Im no Arsenal expert, and they have played games that have blown the very best off the park. but im not sure they ever did it for Wenger. Jose at Inter had his team fighting like that, but was it like that at Chelsea or Madrid?

From Klopps pre-match quotes about just going out there and 'failing beautifully' were magic. There were no cliches, and he never foolishly boasted. he spoke just to his team, and they responded. People like Klopp and Fergie had their personalities reflected in their teams. People could see that if you sacked them, you fundamentally changed the team. Other managers always seemed to be a lot more disposable, and in some cases they were right.

I have no doubt that Klopp will run out of 'lucky loser' benefits soon. But they are within a whisker of the 2 biggest trophies they can get (and the only 2 they really care about). 2 would be immortal, 1 would be success, but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.

Wenger did it during the invincibles season. They would win games before they walked onto the pitch.

But everything else I agree with, and Wenger after the Emirates move could never convince his players to run through brick walls anymore. Hence the drop off in league titles.

plague
08-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Wenger did it during the invincibles season. They would win games before they walked onto the pitch.

But everything else I agree with, and Wenger after the Emirates move could never convince his players to run through brick walls anymore. Hence the drop off in league titles.

yeah i dont think it can be overstated enough how much Wenger changed not only one team, but the entire ****ing league.

on the list of managers who did the most to make the Prem what it is today hes def 1st or equal 1st with Fergie and third is a big way behind.

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Jose did it with Chelsea first time round. 2nd spell not so much

plague
08-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Jose did it with Chelsea first time round. 2nd spell not so much

yeah id agree, and thats kinda my point.

to keep a team at that level, with that attitude, and to keep buying into the coach for that period of time is rare.
Jose was the best manager in the world for a long period and even his approach wore thin.

to think Fergie went even longer, and Klopp has done it across multiple clubs, is kind of amazing.

Zidane has had a much shorter time in the spotlight, but next season will be a big test whether he can keep it up, because his '2nd coming' fell about as flat as it possibly could.

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 11:18 AM

to keep a team at that level, with that attitude, and to keep buying into the coach for that period of time is rare.
Jose was the best manager in the world for a long period and even his approach wore thin.

to think Fergie went even longer, and Klopp has done it across multiple clubs, is kind of amazing.

Zidane has had a much shorter time in the spotlight, but next season will be a big test whether he can keep it up, because his '2nd coming' fell about as flat as it possibly could.

Players are different these days both in attitude and patience.

plague
08-05-2019, 11:24 AM

huh?
there was a game on like 2 hours ago.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 11:24 AM

Just want to be careful and make sure you aren't trying to include Klopp in the AW, SAF, Jose, Zizou camp are you? Cause those guys were all serial winners. Klopp is well in the upper echelon of coaches, but he has struggled to get them over the final hurdle so far. He now has the best team he's ever coached at his disposal and he is in the final so this where he might tip over the edge into the big boy bracket, but until he does I am not letting him in.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 11:27 AM

Or those guys *cough* Jose *cough* have just lost their touch?

I mean Sir Alex hasn't won a title in how many years?? Totally lost it.

plague
08-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Just want to be careful and make sure you aren't trying to include Klopp in the AW, SAF, Jose, Zizou camp are you? Cause those guys were all serial winners.

nah. Klopp is on the same trajectory as a few of those blokes (early 'relative' success with smaller teams) and hes right at the level now where he gets judged on results and results only. The Spurs bloke still has a bit of leverage and maybe even one more club swap before he hits the same expectation level as Klopp.

and so far Klopp is way behind even Rafa Benitez in terms of 'success' with Liverpool.
So no, hes not at their level, and even the results of this season probably wont be enough either. But as you said, this is as good as an opportunity as he'll have, no excuses from here on in.

also, you left Gary Van Egmond off your list. How dare you.

pv4
08-05-2019, 12:17 PM

But it was also the kind of guys Wenger recruited after that invincibles era too. The Invincibles was a team of 10 actual murderers and one world class angel. It was already in their nature to compete at a level that hasn't been seen again. The typical example of us never replacing Vieira is what I'm getting at, Wenger focused on a completely different ilk of person and so it was always going to be unreasonable for them to move brick walls anymore.

pv4
08-05-2019, 12:20 PM
, but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.

Arsene copped years of abuse for winning nothing but playing a next level brand of football. It was hella divisive if the tradeoff was worth it. If all Klopp wins is love, it'll wear thin if it hasn't already and I find it only fair people are allowed to point and judge based off just Arsenal as comparison tbh.

Like, its worth noting for comparison that the year Leicester won the league, arsene basically accidentally finished second and it was deemed a write off year and the Wenger Out meme was alive and well from memory

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Or those guys *cough* Jose *cough* have just lost their touch?

I mean Sir Alex hasn't won a title in how many years?? Totally lost it.

Yeah but they way young players are brought up is different as well, Youngsters on big dosh before they become first teamers and no more stuff like cleaning senior players boots or cleaning the dressing room

plague
08-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Arsene copped years of abuse for winning nothing but playing a next level brand of football. It was hella divisive if the tradeoff was worth it. If all Klopp wins is love, it'll wear thin if it hasn't already and I find it only fair people are allowed to point and judge based off just Arsenal as comparison tbh.

he'll get love this year because he is in the 'finals' of both major trophies. One spot earned from the best comeback ever, the other with the most points ever for 2nd place.

if he gets 4th next year, or knocked out in the rd16 of the Champions League, they will come for him. i think this is the last year of his free pass. he has set the bar. 2nd/3rd/4th is no longer acceptable.

in much the same way Wenger won then continued to play fantastic football, his lack of real trophies (especially the one that he'd never won) meant they would come for him. and they did. but he held on, but still didnt win what they desperately wanted.

plague
08-05-2019, 12:59 PM
no more stuff like cleaning senior players boots or cleaning the dressing room

prob because everyone worked out that this type of bullshit didnt mean shit and they got rid of it.

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 01:05 PM
prob because everyone worked out that this type of bullshit didnt mean shit and they got rid of it.

Nope

plague
08-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Nope

huh?
oh Stanny, dont tell me you long for a return to 'ye olden times'?

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 04:58 PM
huh?
oh Stanny, dont tell me you long for a return to 'ye olden times'?
After seeing what it did to players like Terry Lampard and Gerrard etc. Why not

plague
08-05-2019, 05:07 PM

what, turn one into a racist shitbag and make another one think punching a DJ for not playing his favourite song is a normal way to behave?

nah.

besides, that workplace bullying culture is kind of frowned upon now, and for good reason.

you see the kids playing this morning, and the ones lining up tomorrow? you think they were garbage because of money or 'lack of paying dues'?

nah. just maybe pick the best team of footballers to play football and pay them accordingly. its a novel concept but one that i sure hope catches on.

plague
08-05-2019, 05:09 PM

i mean im sorry to go back over this comment but surely you knew you had to pick 2 better blokes than Gerrard and Terry to make your point yeah?

besides, you wanna raise a generation of Roy Keanes? bloke is still out there yelling at clouds on the reg. **** him, and **** people who long for the good old days.

assisted suicide cant come in soon enough for some of those miserable pricks.

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 06:24 PM
i mean im sorry to go back over this comment but surely you knew you had to pick 2 better blokes than Gerrard and Terry to make your point yeah?

besides, you wanna raise a generation of Roy Keanes? bloke is still out there yelling at clouds on the reg. **** him, and **** people who long for the good old days.

assisted suicide cant come in soon enough for some of those miserable pricks.

I'm talking what that youth setup did for their on the field careers

plague
08-05-2019, 09:38 PM
I'm talking what that youth setup did for their on the field careers

Youre acting like there hasnt already been a bunch of players come through that are already better than that pair.

Your romanticism with the past,whilst admirable, is clouding your judgement.

plague
13-05-2019, 10:37 AM
so are City or Liverpool likely to lose any of their best players over the summer? It seems like the squads will be the same (or better) next season which should be interesting.
Cant see Arsenal getting much closer, United are garbage, Spurs are Spurs and Chelsea without Hazard look to be in real strife.

Unless Liverpool start off firing again cant see it being any different result to this year.

Frodo
13-05-2019, 11:13 AM
so are City or Liverpool likely to lose any of their best players over the summer? It seems like the squads will be the same (or better) next season which should be interesting.
Cant see Arsenal getting much closer, United are garbage, Spurs are Spurs and Chelsea without Hazard look to be in real strife.

Unless Liverpool start off firing again cant see it being any different result to this year.

City will lose Otemendi and Sane from the 1st team. But already have replacements on the bench in Stones and Mahrez.

Liverpool don't have anyone leaving from the 1st team and will have Gomez and the Ox fit again next season.

I agree none of the other 4 have a chance of catching them next year.

But Arsenal are a couple of defenders away from a big improvement.

Chelsea are gonna struggle with no Hazard, they will struggle more if they make Higuan's loan permanent.

United are about 12 signings and new coach away from the top 4.

The best one is Spuds, if they don't spend money this window Poch is gone. Then it's back to mid-table finishes for them.

So the fight for top 4 will be as much of a fun shit show as it was this season.

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2019, 11:34 AM
We're getting the transfer ban so it's loan army time

Jeterpool
13-05-2019, 11:54 AM

As mentioned above, none of their best players. Fringe players will be the ones lost - Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno almost certainly. Origi's value is certainly at an all-time high and may leave for a 1st team spot. Mignolet a possible.

There's also been rumours that if Leeds return to the EPL that Milner might go there - that would be a massive loss.

Liverpool need to recruit some depth up top this off-season and if Lallana goes, probably a midfielder or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see back up left and right back too.

pv4
13-05-2019, 12:02 PM
There's also been rumours that if Leeds return to the EPL that Milner might go there - that would be a massive loss.

Agreed, if/when you lose him it will be massive. I always thought you guys letting Xabi Alonso go (whatever the context of him leaving was) was what truly hurt you in those years, and I don't think a comparison to Milner is a stretch here.

plague
13-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Agreed, if/when you lose him it will be massive. I always thought you guys letting Xabi Alonso go (whatever the context of him leaving was) was what truly hurt you in those years, and I don't think a comparison to Milner is a stretch here.

oh, as players i dont think its even close. Alonso ran that team, he was their best player and they were too stupid to just sit Gerrards ass down and let Xabi have the keys.
Milner isnt anywhere near as good a player, but his impact on the team will be felt. Can see Ox being a bit of an everywhere man if Milner goes.
They'd be silly to get rid of Origi yeah? as much as he would get a price, this year has proved you need someone 'that' good all the time at your disposal.
Its titles or trouble now for Klopp.

plague
13-05-2019, 12:10 PM
But Arsenal are a couple of defenders away from a big improvement.

bruh they been saying this same sentence even before the internet was invented.

pv4
13-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Can see Ox being a bit of an everywhere man if Milner goes.

As much as I love AOC, you can't build a title-aspiring team around him.

plague
13-05-2019, 12:12 PM
As mentioned above, none of their best players. Fringe players will be the ones lost - Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno almost certainly. Origi's value is certainly at an all-time high and may leave for a 1st team spot. Mignolet a possible.

yeah all of those players are trash anyway and never competing for a spot.
are there any more kids coming through the system that can step up?

Jeterpool
13-05-2019, 12:53 PM
yeah all of those players are trash anyway and never competing for a spot.
are there any more kids coming through the system that can step up?

Rhian Brewster is very highly regarded striker and could come in as the 4th choice striker currently filled by Sturridge. He was on the bench against Barca. Ben Woodburn has stalled but is also one of promise - he's a winger or CAM role.

Harry Wilson has had an excellent season for Derby and it's getting make or break time for him as a Liverpool player. Marco Grujic has also had a solid season out on loan but I expect he will be sold.

Ki Jana-Hoever is a right back, Dutch, who can also play CB. Very young and played in FA Cup against Wolves. Big future but unlikely for next season. Rafa Camacho is a left winger, plays at left back too, whose name gets thrown around.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will be like getting a new player again. I think Liverpool missed him this season - he offers something a bit different than the others who are more "workman-like"

None others quite jumping out at me off the top of my head.

Frodo
13-05-2019, 02:02 PM
As much as I love AOC, you can't build a title-aspiring team around him.

Milner wasn't a guaranteed starter anyway, he came in for specific jobs/games. Their 1st team doesn't need work. They just need depth. Ox, is depth in 3 positions they didn't have this year.

Gomez is depth in 2/3 positions as well.

plague
13-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Milner wasn't a guaranteed starter anyway, he came in for specific jobs/games. Their 1st team doesn't need work. They just need depth. Ox, is depth in 3 positions they didn't have this year.

Gomez is depth in 2/3 positions as well.

Yeah that's what I was getting at.
Pv4 is such a h8r.

Jetmaster
13-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Whether they win the UCL or not, Liverpool could do with taking the domestic cups a bit more seriously - I know there is fixture congestion but picking up a cup or two will kill the Klopp "curse".

If he loses to the Spuds he should get sacked anyway just for the hell of it!

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Whether they win the UCL or not, Liverpool could do with taking the domestic cups a bit more seriously - I know there is fixture congestion but picking up a cup or two will kill the Klopp "curse".

If he loses to the Spuds he should get sacked anyway just for the hell of it!

Winning the league cup is how Jose gave his squad the winning feeling and made them hungry and desperate for it again

pv4
13-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Yeah that's what I was getting at.
Pv4 is such a h8r.

Unsubscribed.

MFKS
13-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Liverpool need to recruit some depth up top this off-season and if Lallana goes, probably a midfielder or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see back up left and right back too.

Midfield is the main area Liverpool need to recruit

Your midfield are plodders really and you need to be addressing that area a bit more than anywhere else

MFKS
13-05-2019, 07:58 PM
On.another note I am hoping these things happen

Arsenal win the Europa
Spuds win the UCL

Can you imagine the burn if Chelsea and Liverpool win sweet **** all this season between them and Spuds are the Champions of Europe after not spending a £ in the off season

The lulz will be epic if this happens

Aegon
14-05-2019, 09:57 AM
On.another note I am hoping these things happen

Arsenal win the Europa
Spuds win the UCL

Can you imagine the burn if Chelsea and Liverpool win sweet **** all this season between them and Spuds are the Champions of Europe after not spending a £ in the off season

The lulz will be epic if this happens

This is the first time I have agreed with anything you have said.

boz-monaut
15-05-2019, 07:53 AM
Villa just beat West Brom in a penalty shootout for a place in the play off at Wembley

Jedi subbed on at 122 minutes - first and only touch of the ball was his penalty, which he put away calmly

Leeds v Darby tomorrow to see who plays them in the £200 million game on 27 May

plague
15-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Jedi subbed on at 122 minutes - first and only touch of the ball was his penalty, which he put away calmly

How was the mean mug he gave the Villa fans after he hit his pen.
What complete tossers.
Hope he and Terry get smashed 100-0 at Wembley.

****ing gypo.

boz-monaut
15-05-2019, 09:42 AM
my neutrality is bending towards Leeds, purely because having Bielsa in the premier league would add even more hilarity to the managerial circus

MFKS
15-05-2019, 09:55 AM
my neutrality is bending towards Leeds, purely because having Bielsa in the premier league would add even more hilarity to the managerial circus

Never liked Leeds much but the Premier League will be a much better place having them in the Top Flight than not

Been a long time in the wilderness since they got relegated to get back up

plague
15-05-2019, 10:24 AM

The only way a Villa win will be acceptable is of they sack Jedinak on the spot, middle of the pitch at Wembley over the loudspeaker.
Also if they refuse to let John Terry touch the trophy and just run away with it like Ribery does when his teammates used to try and throw beer on him.

boz-monaut
15-05-2019, 11:49 AM
I've kind of blocked the John Terry thing out

it's impossible to judge a team fairly with such an outlier

this is why in statistics we often use median instead of mean - the sheer ****ishness of Terry would throw out Villa's ****itude score making it impossible to watch the game with anything approaching neutrality

plague
15-05-2019, 11:59 AM
making it impossible to watch the game with anything approaching neutrality

Neutrality is for nice people and accountants.
I go into each game with maximum bile and indignation.
If the gods are gonna present me with a chance to watch a racist shitbag like John Terry wallow in misery then praise Griff please let it be.

MFKS
15-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Neutrality is for nice people and accountants.
I go into each game with maximum bile and indignation.
If the gods are gonna present me with a chance to watch a racist shitbag like John Terry wallow in misery then praise Griff please let it be.

Why would he care if Villa get promoted or not??

He only there as Roman won't let him coach at Chelsea yet

But when that day comes you know he be back like a flash

Just another mercenary cashing a pay cheque until Chelsea come calling

Same as Stevie G it written in the stars that he go back and coach the Scousers 1 day

plague
15-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Same as Stevie G it written in the stars that he go back and coach the Scousers 1 day

Your ability to post a stupid counter argument to an obviously stupid post remains impeccable.

Congrats.

StannyCFCJET
15-05-2019, 05:46 PM

So apparently anyone who doesn't coach at the club they played at is money grabbing mercenary. Good to know

Frodo
15-05-2019, 06:36 PM
So apparently anyone who doesn't coach at the club they played at is money grabbing mercenary. Good to know

Your ability to bite on any inane comment relating to Chelsea remains impeccable.

StannyCFCJET
15-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Your ability to bite on any inane comment relating to Chelsea remains impeccable.

Nah just laughing at his logic.

plague
16-05-2019, 06:09 AM
This is a fun game of kickyball.

MFKS
16-05-2019, 07:44 AM
#Plastic

Is the word you are looking for

Frodo
16-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Can't believe I have to want that filthy Gypo and his mates at Villa to get promoted now. But I can't wait for Lampard to fail, what a arrogant wank he is.

boz-monaut
16-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Can't believe I have to want that filthy Gypo and his mates at Villa to get promoted now. But I can't wait for Lampard to fail, what a arrogant wank he is.
I feel the same way and I feel dirty

plague
16-05-2019, 09:31 AM

hold up hold up.
wait a minute.

Lampard has surely never done anything worse than either being a gypo or being a racist shitbag has he?

how can you want those other 2 scumbags to win?

besides, Derby played a really fun style of football today. All out attack and they've got some real quality in there.
and Mr Boz, the number 7 kid is a Liverpool loanee. Hes good, you should be wanting him to succeed so they either call him back up or sell him for many monies.

seriously lads, please rethink this pro-gypo stance you are on here. its not a good thing.

boz-monaut
16-05-2019, 10:25 AM
we have no choice over this

the heart hates what it hates

plus, this is about who in our respective social media circles would be the least painful were they to win

MFKS
16-05-2019, 12:32 PM
hold up hold up.
wait a minute.

Lampard has surely never done anything worse than either being a gypo or being a racist shitbag has he?

how can you want those other 2 scumbags to win?

besides, Derby played a really fun style of football today. All out attack and they've got some real quality in there.
and Mr Boz, the number 7 kid is a Liverpool loanee. Hes good, you should be wanting him to succeed so they either call him back up or sell him for many monies.

seriously lads, please rethink this pro-gypo stance you are on here. its not a good thing.

Bang on

Jedinak is a Gypo and he will forever be a Gypo

**** him and **** Villa

Go Derby it is

plague
16-05-2019, 02:49 PM
we have no choice over this

the heart hates what it hates

plus, this is about who in our respective social media circles would be the least painful were they to win

can one of you lot fill me in on the Lampard hate? (is it Lampard hate coz i cant see how you'd be hating on Derby).
did i miss something?
because apart from being bland as a loaf of bread personality wise, was it just the Chelsea association?

what am i missing?

Frodo
16-05-2019, 03:26 PM
can one of you lot fill me in on the Lampard hate? (is it Lampard hate coz i cant see how you'd be hating on Derby).
did i miss something?
because apart from being bland as a loaf of bread personality wise, was it just the Chelsea association?

what am i missing?

He is just a w@#k of a bloke and he wasn't as good as people make him out to be. Watch him play in an England Jersey and you can see how mediocre he really was when relied upon. 10 world cup games, zero goals or assists. And you can't say he didn't have anyone decent playing in the team with him. He was a very good player, but he isn't a Scholes, Viera, Keane, Makelele level midfielder.

Mostly I just don't want to imagine how much of a wankfest it'll be if he somehow gets Derby promoted. (Although it would be great to see him sacked after 3 months of loses.)

Side note: If Villa get promoted that Gypo won't be with them. He doesn't even play for them now, other than penalty shootouts. He has started 2 games since October last year. So I can take him out of the Villa situation in my own mind. I just assume Elmohandy grew his beard longer and can't run anymore.

StannyCFCJET
16-05-2019, 04:33 PM
He is just a w@#k of a bloke and he wasn't as good as people make him out to be. Watch him play in an England Jersey and you can see how mediocre he really was when relied upon. 10 world cup games, zero goals or assists. And you can't say he didn't have anyone decent playing in the team with him. He was a very good player, but he isn't a Scholes, Viera, Keane, Makelele level midfielder.

Mostly I just don't want to imagine how much of a wankfest it'll be if he somehow gets Derby promoted. (Although it would be great to see him sacked after 3 months of loses.)

Side note: If Villa get promoted that Gypo won't be with them. He doesn't even play for them now, other than penalty shootouts. He has started 2 games since October last year. So I can take him out of the Villa situation in my own mind. I just assume Elmohandy grew his beard longer and can't run anymore.

Yeah over 10 seasons in the prem scoring over 10 goals and loads of assists as a midfielder means nothing? And you using the world cup as an example also shuns Gerrard and Scholes as they never had good world cups. Also the other players you mentioned play a different midfield role and comparing them is stupid. Compare Lamps to other attacking or further advanced midfielders and he slaughters almost all of them.

Don't even care if this is bait. At least make a good argument ffs

MFKS
16-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Yeah over 10 seasons in the prem scoring over 10 goals and loads of assists as a midfielder means nothing? And you using the world cup as an example also shuns Gerrard and Scholes as they never had good world cups. Also the other players you mentioned play a different midfield role and comparing them is stupid. Compare Lamps to other attacking or further advanced midfielders and he slaughters almost all of them.

Don't even care if this is bait. At least make a good argument ffs

Don't think I am trying to troll you because I am not

The closest player to Lampard in the EPL in 2019 is.......

Dell Ali

Neither a striker
Neither a midfielder
Neither a no 10

Just a bloke who bludge around up front like Timmy did at Everton

So I will conceded that Lamport is a superior option to Dele Ali but that ain't saying a lot

Jetmaster
16-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Lampard does not deserve to have the name of his legendary dad.

Good player but a khunt.

plague
16-05-2019, 07:40 PM
man oh man. ive missed this whole Lampard hatefest. never knew it existed.
always thought he was a real good player, and did nothing outside of football to really set off any alarms.

is it true hes a legit genius though? always was told that, and if so, trust me, those type of dudes are always the weirdest most socially awkward group of mother****ers you'll ever know.
still though, whatever you blokes have labelled him as still doesnt get anywhere near being a racist shitbag or a gypo.

Caaarrrnnn Derby.

StannyCFCJET
16-05-2019, 08:14 PM
man oh man. ive missed this whole Lampard hatefest. never knew it existed.
always thought he was a real good player, and did nothing outside of football to really set off any alarms.

is it true hes a legit genius though? always was told that, and if so, trust me, those type of dudes are always the weirdest most socially awkward group of mother****ers you'll ever know.
still though, whatever you blokes have labelled him as still doesnt get anywhere near being a racist shitbag or a gypo.

Caaarrrnnn Derby.

Yeah he has a really really high IQ

StannyCFCJET
16-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Lampard does not deserve to have the name of his legendary dad.

Good player but a khunt.

How? Explain?

boz-monaut
16-05-2019, 08:39 PM
I don't hate Lampard, but I still want Villa to get promoted

Villa should be in the Premier League, so should other big clubs

but the thing is, and this probably happens for most of us, I feel that the clubs who were in the top flight when I first got into football (around the time of the change to the Premier League), should be in the Premier League now - your Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Leeds etc

David Squires actually goes on about this feeling in one of his books, only he says it in a way that's clearer and far funnier than the way I just did - if I could be bothered I'd look through them and find it

StannyCFCJET
16-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Bring back Nottingham forest

baldrick
16-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Luton Town & QPR

Aegon
17-05-2019, 08:24 AM
but the thing is, and this probably happens for most of us, I feel that the clubs who were in the top flight when I first got into football (around the time of the change to the Premier League), should be in the Premier League now - your Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Leeds etc

No...... Newcastle United were in Div 2 when the prem came into being so i can't agree :)

MFKS
18-05-2019, 06:49 PM
What Channel is the FA Cup on tonight ??

Just scrolling through not seeing it

boz-monaut
18-05-2019, 07:04 PM
it's not

you need a Kayo subscription to watch it

it's not even on Foxtel

StannyCFCJET
18-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Wait not even on SBS?

boz-monaut
18-05-2019, 07:24 PM
nope

SBS Viceland has the UEFA Womens Champions League Final on instead

plague
18-05-2019, 08:56 PM
innit on ESPN?

MFKS
18-05-2019, 09:35 PM
nope

SBS Viceland has the UEFA Womens Champions League Final on instead

So let me get this right

They don't have the 1 football game that was always on back in the day of 5 tv channels yet we now get to watch women run around and play the game badly just for diversity sake

Seems like we the people are getting ****ed over out of this

Streaming it won't be a problem

plague
18-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Seems like we the people are getting ****ed over out of this

pay up you gypo.

Bremsstrahlung
19-05-2019, 07:07 AM
For anybody watching, was there any excitement in this match at all?
The only thing I was curious was whether it was gonna be 4,5,6 or 7-0. Something those poor city fans have been subjected to all year.
Must be rubbish knowing you’re gonna win every game. Ultimate power play would be to score 2-3 own goals in the first few minutes to really rub it in the oppositions face.

Jetmaster
19-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Bizarre....I have watched every FA Cup Final since live broadcasts began in the early seventies when I was an embryo.

Not only did I not realise it was on last night, but it appears it wasn't even on FTA? End of an era.

boz-monaut
19-05-2019, 10:28 AM
what happened to it being on the anti-siphoning list?

is that even still a thing?

MFKS
19-05-2019, 12:41 PM
what happened to it being on the anti-siphoning list?

is that even still a thing?

There was a lot of changes to this

That why the Test cricket went from Channel 9 to Foxtel

Jetmaster
19-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Just trying watch a replay.....well one hour highlights....on ESPN.
Shit picture and graphics....score not in the corner....ticker on the bottom and a watermark in the bloody middle of the screen!
Vale FA Cup final....you died with the old Wembley.

boz-monaut
27-05-2019, 04:14 PM
I still want Villa to win tomorrow morning - not sure why

plague
27-05-2019, 04:44 PM
I still want Villa to win tomorrow morning - not sure why

still not agreeing, but can we all agree that advertising it on the telly as 12.00am Tuesday can be ever so slightly confusing to the more errrrrrrr 'inebriated' of us trying to plan our schedule. If they just said '11.55pm Monday night' it would be a shade more manageable.

It is tonight yeah?

boz-monaut
27-05-2019, 04:48 PM
yes, midnight tonight

I won't be watching as that would involve getting out of bed, and as a father of a toddler and a teething infant, **** that

pv4
27-05-2019, 04:52 PM
still not agreeing, but can we all agree that advertising it on the telly as 12.00am Tuesday can be ever so slightly confusing to the more errrrrrrr 'inebriated' of us trying to plan our schedule. If they just said '11.55pm Monday night' it would be a shade more manageable.

It is tonight yeah?

Honestly if someone says 12am or 12pm I never trust it in general. Put 12md or 12mn, or like you said space it 5 mins. Arseholes.

plague
27-05-2019, 05:02 PM
I won't be watching as that would involve getting out of bed, and as a father of a toddler and a teething infant, **** that

pfffffft.

I am the father of many toddlers.
and i assume they are all sleeping soundly at their various mothers' houses.

ill be watching.

'mon Derbeh.

plague
27-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Honestly if someone says 12am or 12pm I never trust it in general. Put 12md or 12mn, or like you said space it 5 mins. Arseholes.

why did we ever go away from 24hr time anyways?
Casio made a mint with those dope watches that made you feel like a real soldier.

DINNER IS AT 1800 HOURS GET YOUR ASS TO THE MESS HALL PLAGUE!!!!!!

ahhhh, those were the days.

sorry where we again?

Jeterpool
27-05-2019, 06:07 PM
yes, midnight tonight

Ouch. That sucks.
Save the special effort for Sunday morning

boz-monaut
27-05-2019, 07:02 PM
I've been woken up at 4 a.m. anyway, plus that's on the phone

MFKS
27-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Ouch. That sucks.
Save the special effort for Sunday morning

To watch Spuds win a trophy??

I not really.that keen.on a 4 am wake up.call for that

MFKS
28-05-2019, 12:59 AM
This play off final is bizarre

Villa are going win

When a cross goes in off your shoulder when you try and head it it your ****ing year etc

Both teams shoot at goal like they are Dimi/Zads not even close to the target

Plus both teams playing out from the back. GVE wet dream watching the keepers ****ing around with it at the back

Both teams are shit and won't do much in the EPL based on this spectacle

plague
28-05-2019, 01:18 AM
This Derby goalie is easily the worst player on the park.
Honking.

MFKS
28-05-2019, 01:31 AM
This Derby goalie is easily the worst player on the park.
Honking.

He is bad

But Tom Huddlestone hands down

Derby look like Man City since he got taken off

For the previous 65 mins they played like the Gypos

Huddlestone is the worst footballer to play in the EPL in the last 10 years

plague
28-05-2019, 01:37 AM
to be fair though im kind of happy for El-Ghazi getting his goal.
It hopefully brings some peace to his brother Ben who has yet to receive any justice.

#lockherup
#Hillaryforprison
#Trump2020

boz-monaut
28-05-2019, 08:06 AM
that's just awful plague

anyway, Villa won - I'm pleased for my Villa supporting mates - a club that size should be in the Premier League

plague
28-05-2019, 09:13 AM
that's just awful plague

i know some people may be put off by this, but trust me, this is as high a compliment someone can give.
Thank you for understanding me.

Frodo
28-05-2019, 09:16 AM
How good are the idiots on Facebook and the world game talking about Jedinak's Villa, and how good it's going to be seeing him in the EPL next season.
He started 12 games and played a total of 1150 mins all season. He will be lucky to stay in the championship by the looks of him this year let alone have a bench spot in the EPL next year.

plague
28-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Huddlestone is the worst footballer to play in the EPL in the last 10 years

this is a good shout actually.
when this dude first came through with Spurs i really liked him. always thought he was super skilled for a bigger dude and had wonderful vision. but he always looked out of shape, just ALWAYS out of shape.
fast forward a few years and hes plodding around at Hull and he'd lost pretty much of anything he had a Spurs and somehow looked even more out of shape.
and yeah, last night was pretty awful to watch. hes always stuck in my mind from those early days as to how someone could be so close to the very top of their sport but lack that extra something (motivation?) to work their ass off that little bit extra in order to cement their spot.
its a weird mindset, and def not one solely attributed to Huddleston.
its almost as if he was happy to be 'sort of' there and thereabouts.

plague
28-05-2019, 09:20 AM
How good are the idiots on Facebook and the world game talking about Jedinak's Villa, and how good it's going to be seeing him in the EPL next season.
He started 12 games and played a total of 1150 mins all season. He will be lucky to stay in the championship by the looks of him this year let alone have a bench spot in the EPL next year.

Villa were pretty awful last night. Mooys team would towel them up.
its just that Derby were even worse, except for the last 15 mins.
Villa need a lot to change if they are a chance of staying up, and yeah Jedinak aint the dude you want on the team bus next year.

plague
28-05-2019, 09:27 AM
and the other giggle at 2am, they get a ****ing trophy to hold up for being the last team to get promoted?

what a weird prize.

evolution
28-05-2019, 10:28 AM
and the other giggle at 2am, they get a ****ing trophy to hold up for being the last team to get promoted?

what a weird prize.

Hey as a Fulham fan last year was probably the only time I'll ever get to see them lift one haha

Bremsstrahlung
28-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Is there any discrepancy in pay from the top 2 to this mob?
They spruike it as the most expensive game or the biggest winnings.
Excluding ticket sales of the 3 extra games, do they get more or less than the automatic qualifiers?
Never thought about it, but I guess it’d be a bit funny if they didn’t get anything except a big novelty “admit one” ticket to the premier league.

Charltons twist and shout routine was pretty interesting also.

Aegon
28-05-2019, 10:48 AM
this is a good shout actually.
when this dude first came through with Spurs i really liked him. always thought he was super skilled for a bigger dude and had wonderful vision. but he always looked out of shape, just ALWAYS out of shape.
fast forward a few years and hes plodding around at Hull and he'd lost pretty much of anything he had a Spurs and somehow looked even more out of shape.
and yeah, last night was pretty awful to watch. hes always stuck in my mind from those early days as to how someone could be so close to the very top of their sport but lack that extra something (motivation?) to work their ass off that little bit extra in order to cement their spot.
its a weird mindset, and def not one solely attributed to Huddleston.
its almost as if he was happy to be 'sort of' there and thereabouts.

Hatem Ben Arfa springs to mind after this comment.

Jetmaster
28-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Fox not much better, three articles with pictures of Jedinak celebrating.

They do note it is highly likely he will be offloaded in the coming weeks though.

boz-monaut
28-05-2019, 11:55 AM
they should just get a giant novelty cheque for a hundred and seventy million squid

MFKS
28-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Is there any discrepancy in pay from the top 2 to this mob?
They spruike it as the most expensive game or the biggest winnings.
Excluding ticket sales of the 3 extra games, do they get more or less than the automatic qualifiers?
Never thought about it, but I guess it’d be a bit funny if they didn’t get anything except a big novelty “admit one” ticket to the premier league.

Charltons twist and shout routine was pretty interesting also.

I think the discrepancy is the future earnings of Villa and Derby

Even if Villa get relegated from the Premiership next year they are 100 million pounds better off in income than Derby are going to be etc

The income of the promoted teams will fluctuate next year anyway depending on success
Why Wolves will have scooped more cash than Cardiff or Fulham did this year

Jeterpool
07-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Prediction time! EPL kicks off this weekend. That time of the year to make outlandish statements and predictions for the upcoming season.

EPL Winner, with how many points -

EPL Runner Up -

EPL 3rd & 4th -

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 -

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich -

Bottom 3 -

Top Scorer -

Most Clean Sheets -

First Managerial Casualty -

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? -

Signing of the summer -

Player of the Year -

Champions League Winners -

Jeterpool
07-08-2019, 07:39 AM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Liverpool with 98

EPL Runner Up - Manchester City

EPL 3rd & 4th - Leicester and Spurs

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - Wolves, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich - Norwich

Bottom 3 - Brighton, Sheffield United, Villa

Top Scorer - Mo Salah. That'd be 3 seasons in a row which has to be some sort of record, right

Most Clean Sheets - Ederson.

First Managerial Casualty - Roy Hodgson

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yep

Signing of the summer - Ayoze Perez for Leicester

Player of the Year - De Bruyne

Champions League Winners - Manchester City

Skirt Boy
07-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Prediction time! EPL kicks off this weekend. That time of the year to make outlandish statements and predictions for the upcoming season.

EPL Winner, with how many points - Tottenham 96

EPL Runner Up - Scouse c***s

EPL 3rd & 4th - Chelskie and Citeh

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - Don't care

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich - Villa

Bottom 3 - Woolwich, Newcastle and Sheffield

Top Scorer - Kane

Most Clean Sheets - Loris

First Managerial Casualty - Ole Gunner

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yes

Signing of the summer - Tanguy Ndombele

Player of the Year - Kane

Champions League Winners - Tottenham

COYS!

pv4
07-08-2019, 02:01 PM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Man City, 102

EPL Runner Up - Arsenal

EPL 3rd & 4th - 3rd Man United, 4th Liverpool

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - 5th Sp*rs, 6th Wolves, 7th Chelsea, 8th Everton, 9th Leicester, 10th West Ham

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich - Norwich

Bottom 3 - 18th Brighton, 19th Aston Villa, 20th Newcastle

Top Scorer - Auba

Most Clean Sheets - Ederson

First Managerial Casualty - Roy Hodgson

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yes

Signing of the summer - Pepe

Player of the Year - De Bruyne

Champions League Winners - Juventus

EDIT: should have read Jpool's before doing mine, what is this a crossover episode

StannyCFCJET
07-08-2019, 04:19 PM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Man City 98

EPL Runner Up - Spurs

EPL 3rd & 4th - Liverpool Chelsea

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - Man U Wolves Arsenal Everton Watford Bournemouth

Bottom 3 - Newcastle Brighton and Sheffield United

Top Scorer - Kane 27

Most Clean Sheets - Ederson 23

First Managerial Casualty - Brighton manager

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yeppers

Signing of the summer - Pulisic

Player of the Year - Kane

Champions League Winners - Madrid. Hazard gonna unleash on Europe

Frodo
07-08-2019, 07:42 PM
EPL Winner, with how many points - City with 96 points

EPL Runner Up - Liverpool

EPL 3rd & 4th - Arsenal and Spurs

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - United, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Wolves. (In that order)

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Villa

Bottom 3 - Brighton, Sheffield United and Norwich.

Top Scorer - Salah + Auba tied.

Most Clean Sheets - Allison

First Managerial Casualty - Chris Wilder.

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yes, but will sell at the start of the off season.

Signing of the summer - Joelington (He will get Newcastle a mid table finish) or Haller (will get West Ham into Europe.

Player of the Year - B Silva.

Champions League Winners - Barcelona

Frodo
08-08-2019, 10:18 PM
EPL Winner, with how many points - City with 96 points

EPL 3rd & 4th - Arsenal and Spurs

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - United, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Wolves. (In that order)

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Villa

Bottom 3 - Brighton, Sheffield United and Norwich.

Top Scorer - Salah + Auba tied.

First Managerial Casualty - Chris Wilder.

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yes, but will sell at the start of the off season.

Signing of the summer - Joelington (He will get Newcastle a mid table finish) or Haller (will get West Ham into Europe.

Player of the Year - B Silva.

If the David Luiz link is true, which is looks to be, we definitely won't be finishing 3rd. 6th place is going to a massive dogfight between United (no strikers), Arsenal (no CBs) and Chelsea (no Hazard therefore no goals).

Plague, hopefully you haven't made that bet yet.

StannyCFCJET
08-08-2019, 10:31 PM
If the David Luiz link is true, which is looks to be, we definitely won't be finishing 3rd. 6th place is going to a massive dogfight between United (no strikers), Arsenal (no CBs) and Chelsea (no Hazard therefore no goals).

Luiz is a massive upgrade on all the CBs at your club. You will be surprised how good he is

Frodo
09-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Luiz is a massive upgrade on all the CBs at your club. You will be surprised how good he is

He's not even an upgrade on our academy CBs. He is by far and away the worst signing the club has ever made. At first I was calling him the Andre Santos of CBs, but I've downgraded him to the Brazilian Stepanov.

How bad can a player be if Chelsea let him go to a direct rival, for a miniscule fee in today's market, with no replacement available for 12 months, without even putting up a fight? Lampard's basically drove him over to Colney to sign up.

At least Holding will be back soon and Luiz will never get near our first team again.

baldrick
09-08-2019, 07:09 AM
You wont be surprised how good he isn’t

Fixed.

Jetmaster
09-08-2019, 08:37 AM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Man City 97

EPL 3rd & 4th - Spurs, Arsenal

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - United, Chelsea, Wolves, West Ham, Everton, Leicester.

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Aston Villa

Bottom 3 - Brighton, Sheffield United and Southampton.

Top Scorer - Sterling

First Managerial Casualty - Olle

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Yes.

Signing of the summer - David Luiz

Player of the Year - Harry Kane

Champions League Winners - Juventus

plague
09-08-2019, 09:35 AM

My bets so far.
Arsenal to make top 4.
Arsenal to finish higher than United ($1.80).
Arsenal to finish higher than Chelsea ($2).

And

Arsenal to finish higher than Luverpool ($8).

I like Luiz. He's gonna make this a fun year.

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2019, 10:05 AM
He's not even an upgrade on our academy CBs. He is by far and away the worst signing the club has ever made. At first I was calling him the Andre Santos of CBs, but I've downgraded him to the Brazilian Stepanov.

How bad can a player be if Chelsea let him go to a direct rival, for a miniscule fee in today's market, with no replacement available for 12 months, without even putting up a fight? Lampard's basically drove him over to Colney to sign up.

At least Holding will be back soon and Luiz will never get near our first team again.

Luiz wanted to leave and how many players at your club have won both European trophies and the prem?

Bon
09-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Luiz wanted to leave and how many players at your club have won both European trophies and the prem?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he was any good for them..
Schwarzer won two premier leagues in a row, and barely played a minute..

Frodo has taken this news pretty hard, it's not often I hear him talking about folding the club over a single signing.. haha

StannyCFCJET
09-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he was any good for them..
Schwarzer won two premier leagues in a row, and barely played a minute..

Frodo has taken this news pretty hard, it's not often I hear him talking about folding the club over a single signing.. haha

Luiz was immense when we won the UCL, Played on one leg after not training for a few weeks. He is actually a good defender just loses his head sometimes but that hasnt happened much since he returned to Chelsea and his passing range for a CB is stupendous

Aegon
09-08-2019, 11:33 AM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Man City, 94

EPL 3rd & 4th - Chelsea & Tottenham

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - Arsenal, Wolves, Man U, Leicester, Everton, Newcastle

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich - Aston Villa

Bottom 3 - Sheffield United, Norwich, Burnley

Top Scorer - Aguero

First Managerial Casualty - Sean Dyche

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? - Unfortunately, Yes

Signing of the summer - Allan Saint-Maximin

Player of the Year - Bernado Silva

plague
11-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Every week Steve Bruce refuses to get his beak fixed Newcastle gotta get docked points or fined or something.

Scaring the kids etc etc.

plague
12-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Hey guys I did the math and it's now pretty safe to say Arsenal gonna win the league and get 114 points and get 38 clean sheets and my boy Aubameyang gonna get 38 goals which is fantastic if you took the 20+ goal bet.

As a lifelong 9 month Arseanl fan for the 2nd year in a row I want to tell the rest of you all congrats on 2nd place see you at the parade.

MFKS
12-08-2019, 08:48 AM
EPL Winner, with how many points - Liverpool 100

EPL Runner Up - Man City

EPL 3rd & 4th - Man Utd & Tottenham

Who will make up the remaining of the top 10 - Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester, Everton, Newcastle Aston Villa

Who will finish higher of the promoted teams? Sheffield United, Villa or Norwich - Aston Villa

Bottom 3 - Sheffield United, Norwich, Crystal Palace

Top Scorer - Salah

First Managerial Casualty - Frank Lampard

Will Mike Ashley still own Newcastle United at the end of the season? -Yes Doesn't he just troll people with threatening to sell them anyway ??

Signing of the summer - Wan Bissaka

Player of the Year - Mo Salah

Champions League Winners - Man City

MFKS
12-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Every week Steve Bruce refuses to get his beak fixed Newcastle gotta get docked points or fined or something.

Scaring the kids etc etc.

You would think after all the money he has made football he would have but don't forget the bloke is probably responsible for paying out 5 or 6 clubs he has walked out from as a Manager

plague
12-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Lets be real here David Luiz goes from winning (a) European Cup then leaves Chelsea and in his first game for my lifelong fan team Arsenals FC he keeps a clean sheet yet the team he left leaks 4 to trash United who are trash.

all you who spoke bad of my man Dave better repent Stanny you good i know you're a real one.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Lets be real here David Luiz goes from winning (a) European Cup then leaves Chelsea and in his first game for my lifelong fan team Arsenals FC he keeps a clean sheet yet the team he left leaks 4 to trash United who are trash.

all you who spoke bad of my man Dave better repent Stanny you good i know you're a real one.

He is a magical one. Helps his team's get clean sheets while sitting on the bench

MFKS
12-08-2019, 07:17 PM

I am still traumatised from his performance in Belo Horizonte in 2014

Complete fraud this guy

plague
12-08-2019, 07:30 PM
He is a magical one. Helps his team's get clean sheets while sitting on the bench

You'll notice Ozil didn't get stabbed either.
Luiz has this defense locked in.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Complete fraud this guy

He isnt a fraud. You dont win a UCL on one leg if your not a fraud and more then one Brazilian had a shocker that d

MFKS
12-08-2019, 08:40 PM
He isnt a fraud. You dont win a UCL on one leg if your not a fraud and more then one Brazilian had a shocker that d

Brazil were missing that day through injury and suspension

Neymar
Tiago Silva
Dani Alves

You would think the UCL winning players in the side would stand up and not go walkabout in their countries hour of need??

Luiz spent more time at CF than he did in the centre of defence where he was meant to be playing

Maybe if he spent more time back where he should have been his country haven't shipped 7 ??

Frodo
12-08-2019, 08:51 PM
He isnt a fraud

He is a massive fraud. Every week we pay his wages we are getting swindled. Hopefully we find a buyer for him mid season.

baldrick
12-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Complete fraud this guy

I hate to agree with the Member.

But i agree with the Member.

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2019, 09:08 PM
He is a massive fraud. Every week we pay his wages we are getting swindled. Hopefully we find a buyer for him mid season.

Sell and have Holding and Mustafi as your CBs every week pretty please

MFKS
12-08-2019, 11:25 PM
I hate to agree with the Member.

But i agree with the Member.

Why??

Don't you like being right for a change ?

baldrick
13-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Why??

Don't you like being right for a change ?

I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I wasn’t.

plague
13-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Brazil were missing that day through injury and suspension

Neymar
Tiago Silva
Dani Alves

You would think the UCL winning players in the side would stand up and not go walkabout in their countries hour of need??

Luiz spent more time at CF than he did in the centre of defence where he was meant to be playing

Maybe if he spent more time back where he should have been his country haven't shipped 7 ??

yeah Brazil had no chance that day.

nothing even a legend like Dave could stop.

pv4
13-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Don't you be talking shit about Holdinho.

pv4
13-08-2019, 12:21 PM
I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I wasn’t.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Ow59c0pwTPruU/giphy.gif

pv4
14-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Top Scorer - Mo Salah. That'd be 3 seasons in a row which has to be some sort of record, right

Thierry Henry won it uncontested* in 03/04, 04/05 and 05/06. He also won it in 01/02, so 4 out of 5 years with the last 3 in a row. In 03/04 and 04/05 he also won the European Golden Shoe.

I believe Alan Shearer has also won it uncontested* three years in a row also.

* I wanted to put that there to remind everyone Salah was equal top scorer last year with Mane & Auba.

Frodo
14-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Mate, I'd sell him and play Medley and Mustafi/Mavro at CB all year with pleasure.

Big truth here, Rob Holding is better than the CB's at Chelsea right now. Do you remember watching him bully Costa so bad that he ended up leaving England entirely?

StannyCFCJET
14-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Mate, I'd sell him and play Medley and Mustafi/Mavro at CB all year with pleasure.

Big truth here, Rob Holding is better than the CB's at Chelsea right now. Do you remember watching him bully Costa so bad that he ended up leaving England entirely?

Hahahaha. Rudiger is 3 times the player holding is but I may concede Zouma and Christensen on current forn

MFKS
14-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Hahahaha. Rudiger is 3 times the player holding is but I may concede Zouma and Christensen on current forn

They have played 1 ****ing game and you are throwing them under the bus

FMD

Frodo
14-08-2019, 08:37 PM

FMD

Gotta be the best at something, Chelsea just so happen to have the most plastics of any team in the world. They have so many that they lent some to City for a decade or so.

StannyCFCJET
14-08-2019, 09:22 PM

FMD

Zouma and Christensen have been average for over a year. But there all we have atm

Bremsstrahlung
15-08-2019, 05:50 AM
Pedro looking like the player everyone thought Hazard was.
Hell, Liverpool is making Giroud look like a striker tonight.

StannyCFCJET
15-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Close game. Would've been exciting for the neutral. Hate penalties. Pulisic is gonna be a baller

plague
20-08-2019, 02:44 PM
i became very concerned at the game this morning as Man United were quite good at doing what they do best and should have won at Wolves away which is not an easy task.
the thought of them becoming anywhere near good again should worry everyone. Plus they fact they did it by carrying on like petulant ****s the whole time which is also something they do very very well.

also, again, Wolves goal was a ****ing stunner yet there we were assing about waiting for VAR to have their say.

trash.

plague
23-08-2019, 05:23 PM
It's pretty bizarre that by the end of week 3 there will be a max of ONE team with a perfect record.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 02:11 AM
VAR and Zonal marking **** off and get in the bin

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 03:35 AM
Oh and better team lost

Bremsstrahlung
23-09-2019, 05:22 AM
Oh and better team lost

Tell me more :popcorn:

Jeterpool
23-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Oh and better team lost

Happens sometimes, mate - many of the reports say the same too.

Bremsstrahlung
23-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Besides, Gerrards slip has given you guys enough ammunition for a lifetime. Let us have a lucky win...

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Besides, Gerrards slip has given you guys enough ammunition for a lifetime. Let us have a lucky win...
You can thank VAR

Frodo
23-09-2019, 10:45 AM
You can thank VAR

I thought Skirt boy would be the first to blame VAR for their plight. Spuds are struggling a little bit now that they can't just dive in the 80th-90th minute and gifted a sneaky point or steal a win against teams.

But I'll take a cranky Stanny for saltiness either way. Gonna sprinkle some of this on my dinner tonight for seasoning. Mmmm.

Frodo
23-09-2019, 10:48 AM
For my own small saltiness. Jeez that was a harsh second yellow for us this morning. AMN kicks the ball, Taylor lands on AMN's leg (not a stomp or anything) and when he falls over Moss decides to just show us a card. Not sure what AMN could have done that was wrong.

Luckily it didn't hurt us in the end, but we didn't need to play 50 mins with 10 men needlessly.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 11:02 AM
For my own small saltiness. Jeez that was a harsh second yellow for us this morning. AMN kicks the ball, Taylor lands on AMN's leg (not a stomp or anything) and when he falls over Moss decides to just show us a card. Not sure what AMN could have done that was wrong.

Luckily it didn't hurt us in the end, but we didn't need to play 50 mins with 10 men needlessly.

Lucky you have Aubmayeng and Lacazete you mean

Frodo
23-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Lucky you have Aubmayeng and Lacazete you mean

You misspelt Guendouzi.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 11:11 AM
You misspelt Guendouzi.

Didnt he cost you a goal by ball watching?

Frodo
23-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Didnt he cost you a goal by ball watching?

Yeah, but Lacazette didn't play so I was more thinking over the entire season.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but Lacazette didn't play so I was more thinking over the entire season.

He didnt play? being rested?

Frodo
23-09-2019, 11:59 AM
He didnt play? being rested?

Injured till mid October.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Injured till mid October.

oh damm

Frodo
23-09-2019, 12:19 PM
oh damm

Considering we have been missing 3 of our starting back 4 all season it's not the end of the world. We will play Pepe or Nelson up top when Auba needs a rest. Laca will come back on fire too, he always does when he misses games.

Just need to piss Luiz off and we will be going alright.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Considering we have been missing 3 of our starting back 4 all season it's not the end of the world. We will play Pepe or Nelson up top when Auba needs a rest. Laca will come back on fire too, he always does when he misses games.

Just need to piss Luiz off and we will be going alright.

As bad as Luiz is, If you want to make top 4 or win a cup you need Luiz playing

Frodo
23-09-2019, 12:44 PM
As bad as Luiz is, If you want to make top 4 or win a cup you need Luiz playing

You misspelt "Mid-table".

He's a terrible CB. He may have had a few good seasons in the past but he's terrible now.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 01:06 PM
You misspelt "Mid-table".

He's a terrible CB. He may have had a few good seasons in the past but he's terrible now.

Not in finals. And look at your other CBs, He's defiantly better then them but thats not hard

Frodo
23-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Not in finals. And look at your other CBs, He's defiantly better then them but thats not hard

That's too mean Stanny. I know I say some mean things but that's too far.

In all seriousness, he's 3rd choice ahead of Chambers/Mustafi. Mustafi was actually much better than him against Frankfurt mid week.

Holding and Papa are our 1st choice CBs. If Holding and Mavro weren't long term injured we wouldn't have bought Luiz at all.

plague
23-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Geez what a day.
Narrow Liverpool win despite them being not very good.
10 man Arsenal comeback win.
Trash United being trash.

I do feel like Mourinhos post match comments were directed straight at Stanny too.
Poor bloke copping it from all angles.

plague
23-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Also, table be damned if anyone thinks Liverpool are the best team in the Prem y'all be trippin.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Geez what a day.
Narrow Liverpool win despite them being not very good.
10 man Arsenal comeback win.
Trash United being trash.

I do feel like Mourinhos post match comments were directed straight at Stanny too.
Poor bloke copping it from all angles.

What did he say? I Saw his pre game prasing our yoof

plague
23-09-2019, 02:20 PM
What did he say? I Saw his pre game prasing our yoof

‘When you start accepting defeats just because your team played well and just because your players gave their best and they had a performance for people to be proud of in terms of that attitude and commitment… I think when you get used to it is when the big clubs stop to be big clubs.

and just to clarify he was talking about Chelsea fans.

i just found it funny to hear these words come out of his mouth.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 02:24 PM
and just to clarify he was talking about Chelsea fans.

i just found it funny to hear these words come out of his mouth.

We're not accpeting the defeats. We're proud of the performances and the progress were seeing in the team. To out play the champions of Europe twice already is big for our young team.

plague
23-09-2019, 02:25 PM
We're not accpeting the defeats. We're proud of the performances and the progress were seeing in the team. To out play the champions of Europe twice already is big for our young team.

if you supported a big club like my lifelong team the Arsenals you wouldnt even have to worry about defeats.
just red cards........

plague
23-09-2019, 02:27 PM
to be fair though anyone who didnt stand up and cry tears of joy as my lifelong favourite team the Lesters FC United beat Spurs missed out on the truly glorious moment of the season so far.

Frodo
23-09-2019, 02:58 PM
to be fair though anyone who didnt stand up and cry tears of joy as my lifelong favourite team the Lesters FC United beat Spurs missed out on the truly glorious moment of the season so far.

I definitely did too. I especially enjoyed all the Spuds supporters tears after Son was rightfully called offside. That was delicious.

Skirt Boy
23-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Var is a ****ing abomination. It's not ****ing football. It's not ****ing anything.

plague
23-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Var is a ****ing abomination. It's not ****ing football. It's not ****ing anything.

oh theres nothing here i dont agree with but geez it can be piss funny sometimes too.

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 05:54 PM
if you supported a big club like my lifelong team the Arsenals you wouldnt even have to worry about defeats.
just red cards........

You had me until you said big club

StannyCFCJET
23-09-2019, 05:58 PM

1000% and I just threw up in my mouth for agreeing with a spurs fan

Jetmaster
23-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Apparently West Ham won this morning. You wouldn't have known it either at the end of the game or in the after match reporting. BBC Salford even did a full report without mentioning West Ham by name...

Frodo
01-10-2019, 07:35 AM
That game at Old Trafford was so bad to watch. Both teams looked terrible, I know it was poor conditions but still. Luiz is also still the worst defender I've witnessed. Even Ashley Young looked better than him today

plague
01-10-2019, 09:31 AM
That game at Old Trafford was so bad to watch. Both teams looked terrible, I know it was poor conditions but still. Luiz is also still the worst defender I've witnessed. Even Ashley Young looked better than him today

how good was about 35mins in the co-commentator (Drury?) bellowed out loud "are we now watching mediocrity"?

bhaahahah.

also, for some reason i dont actually hate anyone i dont know. but if a mid-sized truck ran into Ashley Young and hurt him just enough that he was ok and could live his life but never play football ever again id be ok with it.
my god he just gets my goat.

oh, and David Luiz is gonna go bald one day and ive no idea if im ready to handle it. if he goes the dome top and keeps the long jerry curls at the back we might just have to shut the whole Prem down.

Aegon
01-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Could this be the year that someone else breaks the top 6's recent stranglehold?

Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U are not looking intimidating at all this season whilst clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Wolves and Everton have all added to their squads. Admittedly Wolves and Everton have had shaky starts, but no worse than Man U.........

Frodo
01-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Could this be the year that someone else breaks the top 6's recent stranglehold?

Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U are not looking intimidating at all this season whilst clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Wolves and Everton have all added to their squads. Admittedly Wolves and Everton have had shaky starts, but no worse than Man U.........

No.

Man United could potentially be beaten by Leicester to 6th but that would be a big achievement. They don't have much depth and have been lucky in a couple of results already.

Everton can't score goals and Wolves will be lucky to finish in the top half with they way they look this year. Absolutely lightweight squad will hurt them come Christmas too.

StannyCFCJET
01-10-2019, 05:12 PM
The foxes will break top 4 potentially. Man U and Arsenal are going to slip out of top 6. Poor squads and coaches and not showing any signs of a plan or improvement.

Frodo
01-10-2019, 07:54 PM
The foxes will break top 4 potentially. Man U and Arsenal are going to slip out of top 6. Poor squads and coaches and not showing any signs of a plan or improvement.

Wait, wait, wait...

The first statement is very brave by itself, Leicester have Ayoze Perez and Mark Albrighton in attack and a CB partnership of Coyuncu and Evans, as well as the ever mediocre Rodgers in charge. It would be a brave man to bet on them making the 4 but i can understand the enthusiasm in wanting someone to break up the monotony of the top 6.

Man United, whom i love mocking relentlessly for having two of the worst players currently in the EPL in their squad (Ashley "can't tackle, pass, cross or think" Young and Jesse "at 26 he's still treated like an up and coming player even tho he has already played 117 EPL games and scored a measily 17 goals whilst playing for one of the biggest clubs in England". But they have an equal or better squad then Chelsea and an equally mediocre manager. So to be confident of them dropping out of the 6 ahead of you guys is a bit much. Especially knowing that they can strengthen mid season and you guys cannot. They can control games already, they just can't score goals. Add in a decent Striker in January and they will come good in the new year.

As for Arsenal, we are playing terrible football but have still only lost once this season, to Liverpool, and have 3 out of 4 of our starting backline returning to fitness and our No 1 striker out injured. Our worst is still a level above your best right now.

Spuds won't miss out on the 6, but have won 19 points from the last 17 games they are probably getting close to sacking Poch. Hopefully they fully embrace their mediocrity and somehow slide down to 5th. Id be happy for Leicester to finish 4th if it pushes Spuds to the Europa League.

plague
01-10-2019, 08:04 PM
as a life long Lester fan of about 4 years now i feel credentialed enough to call them liverpool lite in that they can put 6 on Spurs but lose to Palace away all in the same week.

Top 6 would be achievable but top 4? not sure.

Think it will be (in no order) Citeh, Liverpool, Arsenal and United. But Spurs/Lester/Chelsea will be close.

the only change is if Pogba finally gets out of there and id swap Spurs into the top 4. Pogbas bad games are still better than anything any of those other dudes can conjure up.

StannyCFCJET
01-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

The first statement is very brave by itself, Leicester have Ayoze Perez and Mark Albrighton in attack and a CB partnership of Coyuncu and Evans, as well as the ever mediocre Rodgers in charge. It would be a brave man to bet on them making the 4 but i can understand the enthusiasm in wanting someone to break up the monotony of the top 6.

Man United, whom i love mocking relentlessly for having two of the worst players currently in the EPL in their squad (Ashley "can't tackle, pass, cross or think" Young and Jesse "at 26 he's still treated like an up and coming player even tho he has already played 117 EPL games and scored a measily 17 goals whilst playing for one of the biggest clubs in England". But they have an equal or better squad then Chelsea and an equally mediocre manager. So to be confident of them dropping out of the 6 ahead of you guys is a bit much. Especially knowing that they can strengthen mid season and you guys cannot. They can control games already, they just can't score goals. Add in a decent Striker in January and they will come good in the new year.

As for Arsenal, we are playing terrible football but have still only lost once this season, to Liverpool, and have 3 out of 4 of our starting backline returning to fitness and our No 1 striker out injured. Our worst is still a level above your best right now.

Spuds won't miss out on the 6, but have won 19 points from the last 17 games they are probably getting close to sacking Poch. Hopefully they fully embrace their mediocrity and somehow slide down to 5th. Id be happy for Leicester to finish 4th if it pushes Spuds to the Europa League.

We have better young players and a better midfield then United. Arsenal well your just going to do Arsenal things, So nothing to worry about

Frodo
01-10-2019, 08:28 PM
We have better young players and a better midfield then United. Arsenal well your just going to do Arsenal things, So nothing to worry about

I know this is the first time you've had players beneath the age of 25 in your starting line up, but don't get too carried away. We've all been doing this stuff for years, hopefully Roman learns to embrace it rather than use it out of necessity.

Aegon
01-10-2019, 10:23 PM

You’ve beaten Newcastle, Burnley & Villa unconvincingly and drawn with Watford and poor Man U & Spurs versions.

If it wasn’t for Aubameyang you’d be worse than Man U at the moment.

You’re constantly bagging Chelsea and Spurs but you have been playing worse football this year.

Skirt Boy
01-10-2019, 10:42 PM

That's a big call. Fact of the matter is Spurs are now the kings of London.

Frodo
02-10-2019, 07:15 AM

This didn't age well.

Frodo
02-10-2019, 07:28 AM
You’ve beaten Newcastle, Burnley & Villa unconvincingly and drawn with Watford and poor Man U & Spurs versions.

If it wasn’t for Aubameyang you’d be worse than Man U at the moment.

You’re constantly bagging Chelsea and Spurs but you have been playing worse football this year.

If it wasn't for one of our players Arsenal would be playing worse? That seems like a broad statement. If your team didn't have a player that was playing well right now your team would be worse.... If we didn't have Luiz we'd probably be first, what's your point, lol.

I said we were playing terrible football right now. But that's with 1 of of 4 first team defenders available and our striker injured. We've had to change tactics hugely to accommodate a terrible defence and no focal point in attack. Yet at our worst for a long time we are still ahead of the other 3. Out backline is about to come together. Holding and Tierney should be back in a week and then Bellerin is a another week or two away. Once they are back and we continue to play poorly I'll start to worry.

Jeterpool
02-10-2019, 07:37 AM
This didn't age well.

:lulz:

Frodo
02-10-2019, 07:51 AM
:lulz:

I feel like at this point Bayern are actually the kings of North London.

StannyCFCJET
02-10-2019, 07:57 AM

Kings of London is Chelsea until someone London club does something in Europe

Aegon
02-10-2019, 09:41 AM
I read a guardian article last night about Man U and Arsenal. The gist of it was they used to be the best in England, now they aren't even the best in their own cities :)

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 10:02 AM
OK I can't take it anymore. What's everyone's beef with Spurs?

plague
02-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Harry Kane is the most overrated player in the world.
They have a good Azian but refuse to just get more Azians.
They have a good coach but somehow let everyone talk shit about him.
All their gun kids from a few years back are trash and garbage but everyone still craps on about them all the while Foden and Sancho are 1000x better but no one cares.
Their old stadium was trash.
Their new stadium is still in the same trash part of London.
They suffer from the same delusion that Liverpool fans did for a long time in that because they once won something they were a big club. At least Liverpool realised that and are doing something about it.
Harry Kane sucks.

On the positive side, at least Piers Morgan hates you which means you must be on the right side of something.

i dont dislike Spurs though, but cmon. This shit is funny as ****. 7-2. goodness me.
Harry Kane legit sucks though.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Harry Kane is the most overrated player in the world.
Harry Kane legit sucks though.

130 goals in 185 PL games.... He must be the luckiest or flukiest human on earth according to you?

Bon
02-10-2019, 10:36 AM
130 goals in 185 PL games.... He must be the luckiest or flukiest human on earth according to you?

I wonder how many are penalties thanks to Dele diving? :gent:

Thanks for the write up too, plague.. I didn't know where to start..

Aegon
02-10-2019, 10:38 AM
If it wasn't for one of our players Arsenal would be playing worse? That seems like a broad statement. If your team didn't have a player that was playing well right now your team would be worse.... If we didn't have Luiz we'd probably be first, what's your point, lol.

I said we were playing terrible football right now. But that's with 1 of of 4 first team defenders available and our striker injured. We've had to change tactics hugely to accommodate a terrible defence and no focal point in attack. Yet at our worst for a long time we are still ahead of the other 3. Out backline is about to come together. Holding and Tierney should be back in a week and then Bellerin is a another week or two away. Once they are back and we continue to play poorly I'll start to worry.

My point is Auba is carrying you. If he gets a long term injury Arsenal will finish below Man U on the table & I think Man U will finish 7th this season

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 11:00 AM
You know what. You guys know nothing. ****ing zilch.

This is all about because you're all bandwagon supporters who are feeling all insecure because your precious big 4 is no longer a thing and there is a new guy in town.

Jeterpool
02-10-2019, 11:04 AM

I don't have a beef with Spurs. I think they'll finish Top 4.

The stuff that's going on with Poch is a bit concerning, though - but hey, every club has periods like that.

Frodo
02-10-2019, 11:37 AM
I feel like I don't need to explain why I know Spuds are not so good. If needed I can write an extensive list, but at this point I don't think it's necessary.

plague
02-10-2019, 11:49 AM

is that goals or pens or goals scored by teammates that he claims anyway?

plague
02-10-2019, 11:51 AM

so a similar strike rate to Henry and Aguero except with less total goals and about 700 less trophies.

cool.

plague
02-10-2019, 11:55 AM

goals in the new Spurs stadium.

Kane, a striker who plays there every 2nd week = 4.
Gnabry, an arsenal reject midfielder who has played there once = 4.

ima give you a chance to sit yo ass down on this cause theres many more if you want them.

pv4
02-10-2019, 12:00 PM
You know what. You guys know nothing. ****ing zilch.

All I know is since the end of last year your competitive results have been WDLDWDLLWL which is more losses than wins and the same amount of draws as wins. Or 3 wins in 10 competitive matches. I am sorry that I'm not sure which way you would rather it shown.

I know at the very least that, more than zilch.

For full disclosure and to save you the hassle of googling, I will format the Arsenal results in a similar nature for you to compare and make whatever judgements you are more than welcome to: WWLDDWWWD which is more wins than draws than losses, or 5 wins in 9 competitive matches.

As you will see above, these are just facts without judgement.

One thing I would like to point out as an observation though is it is interesting for someone so keen on referencing Woolwich as often as he can, I will have to trust your judgement in calling Sp*rs the new guy in town and respect this is fact from now.

On a personal level I took great delight in Serge Gnabry's "North London is Red" comment :rof:

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 12:10 PM
You get that on the big jobs.

pv4
02-10-2019, 12:16 PM
You get that on the big jobs.

Just to confirm, the losses were against: Newcastle, Leicester, Colchester, Bayern.

baldrick
02-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Gnabry, an arsenal reject midfielder who has played there once = 4..

Secret agents Wenger & Gnabry’s secret plan has finally come to fruition.

It was all leading up to this day

Frodo
02-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Just to be clear here. I hate spuds more than any other team, but they definitely aren't the only trash team in the top 6 right now.

Spuds are the most overrated team out of the 6 and no matter what happens will always be loved by the pundits. Hence why other clubs fans lover seeing them lose, just to watch the English media somehow spin it into a positive for them. Pochettino has the exact amount of trophies as he deserves, he is a good coach. But he hasn't done anything spectacular.

United are still using the Fergie excuse almost a decade later rather than just admitting they are a very poorly run club. They spend money, it doesn't work, they change coaches, it doesn't work, they employ former players, it doesn't work. Woodward is the issue but as long as he is making money, they aren't getting rid of him.

Chelsea have about 35 fans across the globe and yet still act like they are a big club. Fortunately for us they don't have enough history to stay relevant when the trophies dried up, they'll be the new Everton in no time and Roman will sell them.

Arsenal are perfect and there's pretty much nothing that anyone can say bad about them.

plague
02-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Just to be clear here. I hate spuds more than any other team, but they definitely aren't the only trash team in the top 6 right now.

Spuds are the most overrated team out of the 6 and no matter what happens will always be loved by the pundits. Hence why other clubs fans lover seeing them lose, just to watch the English media somehow spin it into a positive for them. Pochettino has the exact amount of trophies as he deserves, he is a good coach. But he hasn't done anything spectacular.

United are still using the Fergie excuse almost a decade later rather than just admitting they are a very poorly run club. They spend money, it doesn't work, they change coaches, it doesn't work, they employ former players, it doesn't work. Woodward is the issue but as long as he is making money, they aren't getting rid of him.

Chelsea have about 35 fans across the globe and yet still act like they are a big club. Fortunately for us they don't have enough history to stay relevant when the trophies dried up, they'll be the new Everton in no time and Roman will sell them.

Arsenal are perfect and there's pretty much nothing that anyone can say bad about them.

The dismount.
My lord, it was perfect.