PDA

View Full Version : The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Aegon
02-10-2019, 02:28 PM
matter what happens will always be loved by the pundits. Hence why other clubs fans lover seeing them lose, just to watch the English media somehow spin it into a positive for them.

Are you confusing spurs with Liverpool?

United are still using the Fergie excuse almost a decade later rather than just admitting they are a very poorly run club. They spend money, it doesn't work, they change coaches, it doesn't work, they employ former players, it doesn't work. Woodward is the issue but as long as he is making money, they aren't getting rid of him.

Couldn't agree more. The minute they appoint someone who knows what they are doing to run the club the will, unfortunately, start being a contender again.

Chelsea have about 35 fans across the globe and yet still act like they are a big club. Fortunately for us they don't have enough history to stay relevant when the trophies dried up, they'll be the new Everton in no time and Roman will sell them.

Like it or lump it, they are the most successful London club in recent history.

Arsenal are perfect and there's pretty much nothing that anyone can say bad about them.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 02:36 PM
so a similar strike rate to Henry and Aguero except with less total goals and about 700 less trophies.

cool.

Kane plays for Spurs whilst both Henry and Aguero played for the best teams of their era.

By that theory Shearer, Ferdinand, Hasslebaink, Owen, Fowler, et al are not great strikers because they didn't play for winning clubs?

Jog on.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:07 PM
By that theory Shearer, Ferdinand, Hasslebaink, Owen, Fowler, et al are not great strikers because they didn't play for winning clubs?

You just wrote down a bunch of TV pundits they prob never even played smh.

Also, Vardy and Griff won a trophy for their teams all by themselves if Kane was any sort of decent he'd have done that by now.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Kane plays for Spurs whilst both Henry and Aguero played for the best teams of their era.

So did they make the teams great or did their great play make the team?

Either way it doesn't help your argument because Kane seems to have done neither.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Jog on.

Also, this is the whitest thing anyone has ever said to me so ummm thanks I guess.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Like it or lump it, they are the most successful London club in recent history.

Wowsers, you managed to shoehorn your definition of 'recent history' right in that small space between United and Citeh.

That's some surgeon type precision right there.

Well played.

Dunster gonna come out soon and define his recent history as somewhere straight after fire got invented.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Wowsers, you managed to shoehorn your definition of 'recent history' right in that small space between United and Citeh.

So should I have clarified it as Premier League Era?

Man U are the only club who have won more than them.

Anything prior to this is before my time and therefore does not matter (which includes all of my own clubs trophies)

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Also, Vardy and Griff won a trophy for their teams all by themselves if Kane was any sort of decent he'd have done that by now.

Last time I looked at Wikipedia it says Mark Bridge scored the goal that won us the Grand Final. Also Kane has never left Spurs for more money unlike that mercenary moron John Griffin or whatever the **** his name is.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Last time I looked at Wikipedia it says Mark Bridge scored the goal that won us the Grand Final.

your internet is broken.
turn off the computer, undo all the cords, leave for 10 seconds then plug them all back in and reboot. that should help.

plague
02-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Also Kane has never left Spurs for more money

because hes garbage and no one wants to pay him?

plague
02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
So should I have clarified it as Premier League Era?

nah man id leave it where it is.
as i said, im legit impressed that you made the point and backed it up. thats the way you internet, its bulletproof.
Stanny is over here wiping tears hes that proud of you.

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 04:27 PM
your internet is broken.
turn off the computer, undo all the cords, leave for 10 seconds then plug them all back in and reboot. that should help.

You're making it sound like you would allow Griffin to do whatever he likes to you. That's cool and all. It's 2019 and Griffin is an attractive lad. But this is a family friendly forum.

StannyCFCJET
02-10-2019, 05:49 PM
OK I can't take it anymore. What's everyone's beef with Spurs?

I'm a Chelsea fan. Hating spurs is part of our makeup

plague
02-10-2019, 05:52 PM
You're making it sound like you would allow Griffin to do whatever he likes to you. That's cool and all. It's 2019 and Griffin is an attractive lad. But this is a family friendly forum.

always makes me laugh when it ends up here.
good for you guy.

plague
02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
I'm a Chelsea fan. Hating spurs is part of our makeup

legit question, do Chelsea fans have a traditional "hatred" with a club in the way Liverpool/Everton, Millwall/Hammers, Arsenal/Spurs etc?

is it Fulham due to location? someone else?

StannyCFCJET
02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Also Arsenal fans are hilarious. No one has feared them being a threat to winning trophies since Henry left. The fact they continue to refer to them selves as a big club who haven't won the European Cup and couldn't even get up for a Euorpa league final when they had more to play for is the iccing on the cake

pv4
02-10-2019, 06:14 PM
legit question, do Chelsea fans have a traditional "hatred" with a club in the way Liverpool/Everton, Millwall/Hammers, Arsenal/Spurs etc?

is it Fulham due to location? someone else?

I think everyone just hates Chelsea. And Leeds.

plague
02-10-2019, 06:19 PM
I think everyone just hates Chelsea. And Leeds.

That's the thing, I've never met anyone who "hates" Chelsea.
Plenty of people resented them for Romans cash but he was just the start of where the rest ended up anyway.
But yeah, I don't go in for that petty jealousy stuff. They have always been fun to watch.

But **** John Terry though.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Ok I agree with this part. Not much lower than someone who pops a mates missus.

plague
02-10-2019, 06:22 PM
And Leeds.

it was a giggle to hear Aussie fans of Man U tell everyone that Leeds were their "2nd team" because of the Kewell/Viduka side.

That shit didn't go down well AT ALL in some parts.

StannyCFCJET
02-10-2019, 07:24 PM
You say **** JT but if in his prime he was offered to your club you wouldn't say no

Frodo
02-10-2019, 07:45 PM
You say **** JT but if in his prime he was offered to your club you wouldn't say no

This is your fault Plague. You brought his name up and now Stanny has to hobble around all evening with a giant stiffy thinking about Aston Villa Club Legend John Terry. You're just too mean sometimes.

StannyCFCJET
02-10-2019, 07:53 PM
This is your fault Plague. You brought his name up and now Stanny has to hobble around all evening with a giant stiffy thinking about Aston Villa Club Legend John Terry. You're just too mean sometimes.

Who writes your jokes for you? Think they may need to look for a new job

pv4
02-10-2019, 08:02 PM
That's the thing, I've never met anyone who "hates" Chelsea.
Plenty of people resented them for Romans cash but he was just the start of where the rest ended up anyway.
But yeah, I don't go in for that petty jealousy stuff. They have always been fun to watch.

https://au.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2018-2019/the-most-hated-premier-league-clubs-according-to-the-fans_sto6868729/story.shtml

plague
02-10-2019, 09:38 PM

yeah sure if i supported a shit team why not add in an extra shitkhunt or two.

guess its lucky i dont.
hes all yours.

plague
02-10-2019, 09:39 PM
https://au.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2018-2019/the-most-hated-premier-league-clubs-according-to-the-fans_sto6868729/story.shtml

ok these 'rivalries' seem to be very recent and very much money/success based.
find it odd that Spurs hate Chelsea more than Arsenal.
might be a fair bit of recency bias there.

Aegon
02-10-2019, 09:58 PM

Genuinely surprised with those results.

How the hell do Cardiff end up 7th.

pv4
03-10-2019, 06:26 AM
I just read that Serge Gnabry has scored as many goals as Harry Kane at Sp*rs new stadium.

Skirt Boy
03-10-2019, 11:23 AM
I just read that Serge Gnabry has scored as many goals as Harry Kane at Sp*rs new stadium.

Do you want your team to be a well oiled, well drilled machine or do you want your team to rely heavily on a single player?

It is a team sport after all.

plague
03-10-2019, 12:46 PM

I just read that pv4 reads Plagues posts in other threads.

plague
03-10-2019, 01:06 PM
This lack of chemistry is why Jeterpool won't give us a podcast.

plague
06-10-2019, 08:09 AM
im very sure Harry Kane doing nothing last night was more to do with Brighton being prob the best team in the world rather than him being utter shite.
do people even watch him play or just read the stat line of how many tap ins his teammates set up for him.

wonder where Poch gonna go on his first day of holidays.

Skirt Boy
06-10-2019, 11:00 AM
im very sure Harry Kane doing nothing last night was more to do with Brighton being prob the best team in the world rather than him being utter shite.
do people even watch him play or just read the stat line of how many tap ins his teammates set up for him.

I'm more concerned about the injury to Hugo Lloris. Wasn't interested in the game after that.

redwah
06-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Spurs are gone..heads are gone...one season to long for a few at the club and a big clean out needed

plague
06-10-2019, 11:54 AM
I'm more concerned about the injury to Hugo Lloris. Wasn't interested in the game after that.

that was a legit awful looking injury. the angle from behind the goal showed it best.
poor dude.

Frodo
06-10-2019, 12:49 PM

I'm all for giving it to you and the other Spuds SB, but that injury looked horrible. Really awkward, could be a long injury. Massive kick in the teeth after 3 or so minutes, then they just never got their heads back up and recovered. Fair play to Brighton tho, they can play some decent football with the ball at their feet.

Did you see Lord Sugar and some others are calling for Wenger to become your new coach?? Oof, surely that's blasphemous. Haha.

Retro Jet
06-10-2019, 01:30 PM
that was a legit awful looking injury. the angle from behind the goal showed it best.
poor dude.

I'm all for giving it to you and the other Spuds SB, but that injury looked horrible. Really awkward, could be a long injury. Massive kick in the teeth after 3 or so minutes, then they just never got their heads back up and recovered. Fair play to Brighton tho, they can play some decent football with the ball at their feet.

I just had a look at the highlights (SBS) and that view of the injury form behind.
Awful hyper flexion of the L elbow - sickening. Spuds and in particular France, as their captian will be without him for quite some time.

pv4
06-10-2019, 02:50 PM
poor dude.

Nasty looking injury. Thoughts and prayers.

But hilarious that it came from such an outrageously embarrassing error from Lloris. Like when you go in for a tackle if you don't have the right form you could injure yourself, but I didn't realise keepers needed a reminder on how to deal with failed crosses :rof::oops: completely self inflicted and he will be punching himself in the dick for a few months

Frodo
07-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Wolves had 23% possession (that's about 21 minutes in total) with the ball at their feet and managed to beat City 2-0. This season is ridiculous.

Jetmaster
07-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Wolves had 23% possession (that's about 21 minutes in total) with the ball at their feet and managed to beat City 2-0. This season is ridiculous.

Saw that Celtic game when they beat Barcelona with 11% possession on Bein last week.

Sorry, only one stat matters. The rest are there to create graphics for TV and give nerds like Jeterpool a hobby!

pv4
07-10-2019, 11:58 AM

Is that more or less surprising to you than David Luiz winning the game for the Arsenal?

Frodo
07-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Is that more or less surprising to you than David Luiz winning the game for the Arsenal?
That was an own goal, not sure who it was, but that definitely wasn't a Luiz goal....

pv4
08-10-2019, 01:16 PM
That was an own goal, not sure who it was, but that definitely wasn't a Luiz goal....

:rof:

:brrr:

plague
19-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Man U in a rut, full of a bunch of dudes no one knows, Pogba out.

Its all set up for that $2.10 win/draw option to pay out.

They'll sit back and try and frustrate Liverpool.
Take the under in goals too.

Frodo
20-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Spuds gifted a point from a keeper blunder when they didn't deserve it is annoying enough. But then to see the penalty that wasn't called against them for a clear trip.... Watford got robbed.

What are the odds in them getting relegated along with United this season? I really hope that if Liverpool finally win the league this year, it gets over shadowed by one or both of those two teams getting relegated.

Side note, if City win the league in that atrocity of a kit I'll be a little sad. Such disgust!

Frodo
20-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Sorry, make that 2 VAR cock-ups in Spuds favour. At full pace I didn't see the handball from Alli in the equaliser. I wondered why he didn't celebrate afterwards, clearly knew it had hit his arm.

So if Watford go down after being robbed of 2 clear points I hope Elton goes on a rampage and ****s some shit up.. (take that as literally as you'd like, haha)

boz-monaut
20-10-2019, 12:21 PM
this is exactly the sort of fixture Liverpool's luck can come unstuck

the way I see it, Man City are on 106 points, having dropped 8

Liverpool are on 24 points and need to earn another 83

two inevitable losses against city means that any points dropped in a fixture like this hands the title to City

Bremsstrahlung
21-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Man U in a rut, full of a bunch of dudes no one knows, Pogba out.

Its all set up for that $2.10 win/draw option to pay out.

They'll sit back and try and frustrate Liverpool.
Take the under in goals too.

Thanks for the tip.
Sportsbet were better off just giving people money.

Well done city, three in a row is a great achievement.

plague
21-10-2019, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the tip.

my brother, between that result and Yes Yes Yes in the Everest your boy Plague has had himself a weekend.

MFKS
21-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Was pretty obvious Man U would put in an acceptable performance in this game

Regardless of their issues they do tend to aim up in the big games effort wise
Quality isn't there but they do have a go

Skirt Boy
22-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Spuds gifted a point from a keeper blunder when they didn't deserve it is annoying enough. But then to see the penalty that wasn't called against them for a clear trip.... Watford got robbed.

What are the odds in them getting relegated along with United this season? I really hope that if Liverpool finally win the league this year, it gets over shadowed by one or both of those two teams getting relegated.

Side note, if City win the league in that atrocity of a kit I'll be a little sad. Such disgust!

biases much?

Bremsstrahlung
26-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Bet Plagues celebrating lesters 7-0 lead.
Who do they think they are? Man city?

plague
26-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Bet Plagues celebrating lesters 7-0 lead.
Who do they think they are? Man city?

Lifelong fan
Colleen Rooney is a bum.

StannyCFCJET
27-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Best youth academy in the prem. Dont @ me

plague
27-10-2019, 10:21 AM
i mean, now its really only a matter of whether its a double or a treble yeah?

unstoppable.

plague
28-10-2019, 05:27 AM
That spurs double chance paying $2.35 looking good already.

plague
28-10-2019, 06:25 AM
And now.......not so much.

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 08:14 AM
No ****ing way was that a penalty.

If it's not the ****ing disgrace that is ****ing VAR it's Spurs playing against 12 men.

Frodo
28-10-2019, 08:56 AM

If it's not the ****ing disgrace that is ****ing VAR it's Spurs playing against 12 man.

Someone has quickly forgotten about the ridiculous VAR calls they got a few weeks ago...

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Someone has quickly forgotten about the ridiculous VAR calls they got a few weeks ago...

Fake news

Frodo
28-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Fake news

Check out the goal Jarred Gillett disallowed in the Arsenal game (would have been 3-2 with 10 mins to play) and it will cheer you up.

But seriously, you guys are still ahead in the VAR dodgy balances this year. I can't wait for ours to balance out.

Frodo
28-10-2019, 09:19 AM

If it's not the ****ing disgrace that is ****ing VAR it's Spurs playing against 12 men.

Actually, I just saw it. Aurier clearly kicked Mane's legs, what do you think was wrong with the penalty call?

plague
28-10-2019, 09:35 AM
The disallowed goal in the Arsenal game was a joke.

Harry Kanes dive and blatant play acting to earn a yellow for the Liverpool bloke was hilarious.

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Actually, I just saw it. Aurier clearly kicked Mane's legs, what do you think was wrong with the penalty call?

Arier was clearly already playing at the ball..............

Bon
28-10-2019, 09:43 AM
I want to quote you now mate...
"Mane got in the way"
hahahaha

Frodo
28-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Arier was clearly already playing at the ball..............

But he kicked Mane's legs instead of the ball?

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Because Mane jumped in the way. You can clearly see Aurier is already playing at the ball with Mane not in site.

Aegon
28-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Just watched the Arsenal fans boo off their club captain as he gets substituted. His reaction was to cup his ears, tell them where to go and then take his shirt off and drop it on the ground as he walks down the tunnel. Hilarious.

Frodo
28-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Just watched the Arsenal fans boo off their club captain as he gets substituted. His reaction was to cup his ears, tell them where to go and then take his shirt off and drop it on the ground as he walks down the tunnel. Hilarious.

Yeah, it's all turning to shit at the Emirates this month. Agent Luiz obviously doing his job well.

Jokes aside, he's still the worst defender on our books right now, as the second goal today proved.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-10-2019, 10:19 AM

It's a bit unlucky as he is already swinging, but Mane nips in and he kicks him.Unlucky, but a definite pen.

Aegon
28-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Yeah, it's all turning to shit at the Emirates this month. Agent Luiz obviously doing his job well.

Jokes aside, he's still the worst defender on our books right now, as the second goal today proved.

No idea why Luiz didn't just play it safe and put his head through the ball. throwing a lazy leg out was a very poor choice.

plague
28-10-2019, 11:35 AM

i was certain the Arsenal fans were jeering him to show some urgency getting off the park.
he was just meandering along and the crowd wanted him to at least jog, the score was 2-2 and they were trying to win the game.
it was then he did the big wave to piss them off then all hell broke loose after that.

Frodo
28-10-2019, 11:49 AM
i was certain the Arsenal fans were jeering him to show some urgency getting off the park.
he was just meandering along and the crowd wanted him to at least jog, the score was 2-2 and they were trying to win the game.
it was then he did the big wave to piss them off then all hell broke loose after that.

They had also booed him for parts of this game prior to that and abused him online for weeks... I read that some fans threw coins at his car as he left the stadium. And I hope that someone either punches those people in the face, or they get stadium bans.

I hate anyone who thinks their team is entitled to win trophies and anything less than that is a failure.

plague
28-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I read that some fans threw coins at his car as he left the stadium. And I hope that someone either punches those people in the face, or they get stadium bans.

well Trump has just finished killing ALL OF THE TERRORISTS, maybe we should give him a call and he can send the lads over to sort some of these assholes out.

MFKS
28-10-2019, 12:48 PM

To be fair here Xhaka should be charged with littering

Rubbish belongs in the bin and there is no excuse to litter

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 01:17 PM
I hate anyone who thinks their team is entitled to win trophies and anything less than that is a failure.

It's good to see you have finally accepted the reality that you support a mid table side at best.

StannyCFCJET
28-10-2019, 01:36 PM
It's good to see you have finally accepted the reality that you support a mid table side at best.

Have you accepted it?

pv4
28-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Are you referring to teams below 10th place?

Skirt Boy
28-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Are you referring to teams below 10th place?

Fake news

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2019, 05:02 PM
To be fair, if Mane wasn’t there Aurier wouldn’t have kicked him. So really it’s his fault and he was dressed in red so that’s also his fault.

Stay woke.

Good to see Kane get another cheap goal also.

Skirt Boy
29-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Have you accepted it?

I support the Jets don't I?

plague
29-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Lesters title winning season after 10 games.

Position: 5th
Goal diff: +3

Lester this year after 10 games.
Position: 3rd
Goal diff: +17.

well well well.

MFKS
30-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Lesters title winning season after 10 games.

Position: 5th
Goal diff: +3

Lester this year after 10 games.
Position: 3rd
Goal diff: +17.

well well well.

So if Liverpool gonna play the role of limp wristed contenders like Spuds did that year then they better stop getting these dodgy refereeing calls going their way

redwah
30-10-2019, 07:09 PM
So if Liverpool gonna play the role of limp wristed contenders like Spuds did that year then they better stop getting these dodgy refereeing calls going their way

**** that we are doing it the fergy way....95th minute winners and all

MFKS
30-10-2019, 08:41 PM
**** that we are doing it the fergy way....95th minute winners and all

Man Utd tended to do it in open play

Not from blokes taking a dive in the box

Frodo
04-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Feel bad for Andre Gomes today. Hopefully his injury isn't as long lasting as some leg breaks can be. Son will surely be on the sidelines for a few weeks. Tackle from behind, not close to the ball and resulted in a terrible leg break. Intention doesn't matter when it causes that much damage. No need to make the tackle as he was well past him.

Skirt Boy
04-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Feel bad for Andre Gomes today. Hopefully his injury isn't as long lasting as some leg breaks can be. Son will surely be on the sidelines for a few weeks. Tackle from behind, not close to the ball and resulted in a terrible leg break. Intention doesn't matter when it causes that much damage. No need to make the tackle as he was well past him.

Nothing wrong with the tackle. Gomes is just soft.

Bon
04-11-2019, 09:26 AM

I was waiting for this...

Frodo
04-11-2019, 09:35 AM

I hope this is a joke. Otherwise you can .............. yourself SB.

plague
04-11-2019, 10:47 AM

see, this is some good posting.

Just stupid enough to larf at, yet just idiotic enough to remind you there are morons out there who think like this.

SB has produced a circa 2017 MFKS level troll.

well played.

Skirt Boy
04-11-2019, 11:29 AM
I hope this is a joke. Otherwise you can .............. yourself SB.

The actual challenge and the type of challenge it was. Happens all the time throughout a game with the worst that happens is the player slides along the ground arms up in the air as play goes on.

It's shit that Gomes suffered a broken leg.

Perspective. Lets get rid of fullbacks grabbing a shirt of a winger or fast midfielder charging through the middle on the counter. There is so much in this game that goes on that we all let slide because nobody gets hurt.

But when somebody does oh shit. He needs to be banned for life. It's bad for the game. Shows the wrong image.

We are all guilty of doing something dodgy on the pitch as players.

Want it to stop? Zero tolerance for infractions.

plague
04-11-2019, 11:37 AM
The actual challenge and the type of challenge it was. Happens all the time throughout a game with the worst that happens is the player slides along the ground arms up in the air as play goes on.

It's shit that Gomes suffered a broken leg.

Perspective. Lets get rid of fullbacks grabbing a shirt of a winger or fast midfielder charging through the middle on the counter. There is so much in this game that goes on that we all let slide because nobody gets hurt.

But when somebody does oh shit. He needs to be banned for life. It's bad for the game. Shows the wrong image.

We are all guilty of doing something dodgy on the pitch as players.

Want it to stop? Zero tolerance for infractions.

https://i.imgflip.com/2eeq2i.jpg
https://media0.giphy.com/media/6WSPW002sF2Io/200.webp?cid=790b7611fa7c9fa50fec3f61945a4c6712f99 4325d3d38ea&rid=200.webp

Skirt Boy
04-11-2019, 11:40 AM
BUT HER EMAILS

https://media0.giphy.com/media/6WSPW002sF2Io/200.webp?cid=790b7611fa7c9fa50fec3f61945a4c6712f99 4325d3d38ea&rid=200.webp

My point exactly.

pv4
04-11-2019, 12:59 PM
The thing I find the funniest is SB's reaction mere weeks ago when Lloris injured himself, versus the reaction now when Son's challenge broke Gomes' leg.

Skirt Boy
04-11-2019, 01:21 PM
The thing I find the funniest is SB's reaction mere weeks ago when Lloris injured himself, versus the reaction now when Son's challenge broke Gomes' leg.

I'm calling out how people are hypocrites. Look at the challenge from close up and front on. It's a fairly innocuous challenge. Similar challenges will take place countless times during a game. Yet we don't call for those players to be kicked out of the game let alone the referees actually doing anything because a player never got injured.

pv4
04-11-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm calling out how people are hypocrites.

Same

baldrick
04-11-2019, 03:31 PM
I hate to agree with Skirty, but I agree with Skirty. Didn’t look like a particularly dirty tackle to me either.

Frodo
04-11-2019, 05:25 PM
I hate to agree with Skirty, but I agree with Skirty. Didn’t look like a particularly dirty tackle to me either.

I mean, he came flying towards Gomes, after reacting to an accidental hand to the face, and dives in to Gomes legs from behind with little to no chance of winning the ball. At best that is a bad tackle, at worst it's a season ending injury to someone and a suspension.

You don't have to be a bad guy to commit a bad tackle. And you don't have to have your studs showing or intentionally try to hurt someone to end someone's season. It was a bad tackle and should be treated like one.

The worst part for me is all the spuds on Reddit crying that Son is the real victim here for having to feel bad about the tackle.

If that happened to a Spuds player Skirtboy would be on here crying his eyes out at the injustice of it all. I would be doing the same if it was one of my teams players.

Frodo
04-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Side note.

Again Spurs got away with a potential VAR call with a handball by Alli in the box, and again they think that anything they do is perfect and everyone else has it wrong.

They are lucky to not be in the relegation spots right now, with all the calls they've gotten this year. At least Liverpool use their bias to stay top of the league....

Skirt Boy
04-11-2019, 05:37 PM
You don't have to be a bad guy to commit a bad tackle. And you don't have to have your studs showing or intentionally try to hurt someone to end someone's season. It was a bad tackle and should be treated like one.

Which is what I've been saying. Treat every infraction as exactly that. An infraction.

Aegon
05-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Son's tackle was a yellow every day of the week. Only upgraded due to the injury. Anyone can be injured in any tackle, I don't see the point in changing the severity of the punishment due to something subject to a massive amount of chance.

plague
05-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Son's tackle was a yellow every day of the week. Only upgraded due to the injury. Anyone can be injured in any tackle, I don't see the point in changing the severity of the punishment due to something subject to a massive amount of chance.

because consequences have actions?
if Son didnt make the tackle, Gomes has a much much much lower % chance of breaking his leg.
So Son contributed significantly to someone sustaining a long term, career threatening injury. Jeopardising his earning capacity, his future wellbeing and career prospects.

Yeah sure, no one should be accountable for that.

Frodo
05-11-2019, 10:34 AM

What's the difference between a yellow card tackle and a red card tackle?

Bon
05-11-2019, 10:36 AM
if Son didnt make the tackle, Gomes has a much much much lower % chance of breaking his leg.
So Son contributed significantly to someone sustaining a long term, career threatening injury. Jeopardising his earning capacity, his future wellbeing and career prospects.

I don't remember Sh!tbag McKay getting a red for when he broke Vargas?? In fact, I'm pretty sure the ref gave it against Ronny? haha

Aegon
05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

There are way worse tackles that result in no injuries at all that get yellows or only result in fouls. We're not whinging about them though?
I honestly think it's terrible what happened to Gomes and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but 999/1000 that same tackle would get a booking, a free kick and no one would get injured and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

plague
05-11-2019, 10:39 AM
I don't remember Sh!tbag McKay getting a red for when he broke Vargas?? In fact, I'm pretty sure the ref gave it against Ronny? haha

so the ref determined that Vargas was at fault for his own injury.
not sure which part y'all are missing here.

plague
05-11-2019, 10:43 AM
There are way worse tackles that result in no injuries at all that get yellows or only result in fouls. We're not whinging about them though?
I honestly think it's terrible what happened to Gomes and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but 999/1000 that same tackle would get a booking, a free kick and no one would get injured and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

ok, go shoot a gun out in the open 1000 times.
999 you miss, and cops ping you for reckless endangerment.
the one time you hit someone, you get manslaughter.

same action, different consequences.

its how shit works.

Aegon
05-11-2019, 10:43 AM
What's the difference between a yellow card tackle and a red card tackle?

Reckless vs Excessive force would be the easiest determination on this one IMO.
Excessive force is subjective though, to give a straight red you should be confident that the player getting the red was deliberately trying to injure the attacker in the tackle.

Aegon
05-11-2019, 10:54 AM
ok, go shoot a gun out in the open 1000 times.
999 you miss, and cops ping you for reckless endangerment.
the one time you hit someone, you get manslaughter.

same action, different consequences.

its how shit works.

Great analogy that has zero to do with anything... The rules of sports in general and expectations of every day behavior are be different.

The only thing that matters in this are the rules of football. Son can only have been sent off for serious foul play. To get a red he has to use excessive force or endanger the attacker in the tackle.

The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes, the speed the attacker was at and the approach of Aurier at an inopportune time were where the danger came from.

It was a reckless tackle every day of the week.

plague
05-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Excessive force is subjective though, to give a straight red you should be confident that the player getting the red was deliberately trying to injure the attacker in the tackle.

emphasis mine, but i dont think intent matters at all any more.

for some reason i think we all had this chat on a different thread a while back and some nerdy nerd posted the official rule about intent.

plague
05-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Great analogy

Thank you.

Frodo
05-11-2019, 11:07 AM

How do you define excessive? Cause that Son tackle was excessive in my view. He didn't win the ball and dove in from behind straight at his ankles.
That tackle had more chance of injury than actually winning the ball. Check out how poor Son didn't mean to hurt him in the picture below. And take into account that he had just chased him down angrily after not getting a freekick 20 seconds earlier.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRr3Rfcb5AczdR12ot-ZzB5iZEpyQpUEZXrBySQp2BWGiqC1Kpx

(Couldn't work out how to Embed on mobile and not worried enough to try to)

Frodo
05-11-2019, 11:10 AM
The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes

Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years. I'm pretty sure you get a shirt sent in the mail, just talk to Furns.

The tackle that broke his ankle wasn't of any danger to the guy who had his ankle broken in said tackle.

pv4
05-11-2019, 11:10 AM
What about bicycle kicks - they are cool and highlight reel worthy, until there happens to be a person near the receiving end of the foot. There is a football rule book but all refs must use context and situational awareness to enforce the rules. You would not be human if you didn't at least consider effects of a challenge in your adjudication of it.

Cheers Son's crying.

plague
05-11-2019, 11:18 AM
The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes, the speed the attacker was at and the approach of Aurier at an inopportune time were where the danger came from.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6ozh46EbuWRYAcSY/100.webp?cid=790b7611c2539b62dc5f10b72dc645ffecbf3 1ddaaf5a36b&rid=100.webp
me right now after reading that hot take.

Aegon
05-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years. I'm pretty sure you get a shirt sent in the mail, just talk to Furns.

The tackle that broke his ankle wasn't of any danger to the guy who had his ankle broken in said tackle.

Wry opening your other eye so you're looking through both for a change. We were talking about the tackle, not what happened after the tackle.

plague
05-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Wry opening your other eye so you're looking through both for a change. We were talking about the tackle, not what happened after the tackle.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/12Zv57OF16CQg/200.webp?cid=790b761199f7390726c9b0e722717a205eeda 38c3f9dbf11&rid=200.webp

Frodo
05-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Try bringing some facts to this discussion then. The tackle was excessive and broke his ankle. He didn't break it after the tackle. Aurier wasn't the cause, the ball didn't wrap around his ankle and break it. Son did.

And he'll be suspended for his actions, exactly as he or anyone else deserves to be.

The Dunster
05-11-2019, 11:29 AM
I actually played before red and yellow cards existed. You could still get a warning and you could still get sent off but it was more environmentally friendly given trees weren't being chopped down to make the cards.

plague
05-11-2019, 11:37 AM
I actually played before red and yellow cards existed. You could still get a warning and you could still get sent off but it was more environmentally friendly given trees weren't being chopped down to make the cards.

but didnt you kick a goats head around? the ball hadnt been invented back then yeah?

MFKS
05-11-2019, 01:04 PM
If anything we should be asking why Son wasted that tackle on someone other than Harry Kane

MFKS
05-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years.

So I need to up my game is that right ??

Frodo
05-11-2019, 02:34 PM
So I need to up my game is that right ??

I have 100% faith in you regaining your crown very soon. At least we've been giving you some competition lately.

plague
05-11-2019, 02:55 PM
im still shocked Harry kane hasn't claimed it was him that broke Gomes' leg.

Jim
05-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Try bringing some facts to this discussion then. The tackle was excessive and broke his ankle. He didn't break it after the tackle. Aurier wasn't the cause, the ball didn't wrap around his ankle and break it. Son did.

And he'll be suspended for his actions, exactly as he or anyone else deserves to be.

Did the contact from Son break the ankle? No. Did it put him off balance causing another collision and then the injury? yes

Can I watch it again? no way

StannyCFCJET
05-11-2019, 03:55 PM
I have 100% faith in you regaining your crown very soon. At least we've been giving you some competition lately.

You've been giving him competition big time

Frodo
05-11-2019, 04:10 PM

You've been giving him competition big time

Congratulations, you played yourself.

Jetmaster
05-11-2019, 05:43 PM

Ah yes, same here. A ref had a book and told you verbally (fancy that!) that you were either "booked" or sent off. The card system was brought in for the 1974 World Cup to compensate the language barrier.

Like names on shirts, third kits, backpass rules and VAR FIFA decided let's do it for everyone and make the ref the centre of attention.

Future players will no doubt have Apple watches or similar telling them when they are sent off.

boz-monaut
05-11-2019, 06:12 PM
OK boomers

Aegon
05-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Did the contact from Son break the ankle? No. Did it put him off balance causing another collision and then the injury? yes

Can I watch it again? no way

Watched it again tonight and saw some photos before the break.
After Son knocks him off his feet, Aurier plants his foot on Gomes’ right foot. All this happening at pace causes Gomes right ankle to dislocate and break.

Link to Image of Auriers’ contact (not graphic)
Facebook link (https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftheworldgame.sbs.com.au%2Fev erton-s-gomes-expected-to-make-full-recovery-after-successful-surgery&h=AT3iOrsA4v3o40_-ymteBkyy-uOnlDIlMK6869kKZ8wltsC4xh0nH2QraEx9qjdMe2e63MKAhUD c8lTYrSQ3OGHHg5tgK_CsYJ1NPXhmzyobb3qVO-8FJC2koWIm&s=1)

Admittedly I remembered the timing differently. Son was miles off the ball and trips Gomes, however he was coming much more side on than I thought as well.

Ref had the yellow in his hand and was writing him up for it until he saw the injury.

Sticking by my initial assessment. It’s a reckless challenge, still not serious foul play.

Aegon
06-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Son’s red has been overturned.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/05/son-heung-min-tottenham-red-card-overturned-everton-andre-gomes

Bremsstrahlung
06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Has Harry Kane tried to claim it yet?

Frodo
06-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Well, you can get away with leg breaking tackles if you cry enough, that's good to know for future reference. Let's see how long it takes for this to blow up in the FAs face.

Here's hoping the world is a just and balanced place and someone does the exact same tackle on Son and gets away with it too.

Bon
06-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Here's hoping the world is a just and balanced place and someone does the exact same tackle on Son and gets away with it too.

Jeeeez Mr Baggins.. Thats a bit rough, mate..

Aegon
06-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Well, you can get away with leg breaking tackles if you cry enough, that's good to know for future reference. Let's see how long it takes for this to blow up in the FAs face.

If it's the exact same tackle the player will deservedly get a yellow card :)

plague
06-11-2019, 06:00 PM
If it's the exact same tackle the player will deservedly get a yellow card :)

hahaha well played.

oh by the way Harry Kane just took credit for your joke.

plague
11-11-2019, 05:05 AM
how Citeh werent 3 or 4 up early after all those set pieces ill never know.
Liverpools set piece defending is woeful.

plague
11-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Also, the ref and assistants got every big decision correct. VAR only served to prevent everyone from celebrating Fabinhos goal in real time.

VAR, completely pointless. Bin it.

plague
11-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Pep setting up a nice Europa League run next year.

Frodo
20-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Pochettino GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bremsstrahlung
20-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Damn.
Curious to see whether this is another nail.
Poch gone, will Kane and Son follow suit and take some trophy’s/cash/claim some goals elsewhere?

Or will a new manager mean they at least improve on their bottom half position.

plague
20-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Damn.
Curious to see whether this is another nail.
Poch gone, will Kane and Son follow suit and take some trophy’s/cash/claim some goals elsewhere?

Or will a new manager mean they at least improve on their bottom half position.

Harry Kane couldn't even win the A-league.
Good luck whichever moronic team signs him.

Bremsstrahlung
20-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Hopefully Man U

Frodo
21-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Surely Poch is off to Bayern also. They offered Wenger a short term week to week deal which he declined, so I'd say they tapped Poch up to get him sooner.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Surely Poch is off to Bayern also. They offered Wenger a short term week to week deal which he declined, so I'd say they tapped Poch up to get him sooner.

This is my view as well.

plague
24-11-2019, 05:55 AM
I am very much enjoying the style of football from the Chelsea International football soccer team.
Former New York City midfielder Frank Lampard looks like a very good coach.

plague
01-12-2019, 02:25 AM
john jo jimmy bob jeremiah shelvey bahahahahahahahaahhhaahahha.

dead set spent the first few years of his career wondering if he was a starlight make a wish kid getting a game for a laugh.
now hes doing this. whoo boy.

Jetmaster
01-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Anyone else think the Ryan could have saved the first Liverpool goal if he stuck his hand up?
As a Gypo and self confessed Reds fan he looked a little Grobelaar like in letting that in.

Aegon
06-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Could this be the year that someone else breaks the top 6's recent stranglehold?

Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U are not looking intimidating at all this season whilst clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Wolves and Everton have all added to their squads. Admittedly Wolves and Everton have had shaky starts, but no worse than Man U.........

Wolves and Leicester are the only 2 who pushed no out of my above nominations. It definitely looks a possibility of one of them breaking into the top 4 this year though based on how poor some of the other teams are playing.

boz-monaut
08-12-2019, 02:17 PM
City setting it up to be the first team in Premier League history to win the title after falling 14 points behind

they will have a tough fight with Lester though - City v Lester on 21 December is going to set things up for the post xmas run to the title

plague
08-12-2019, 02:31 PM
has Pep ever won the Europa League?

MFKS
08-12-2019, 03:14 PM
How crucial is that penalty VAR gave Liverpool in the Lester game because Mane took a dive??

1 point more to Lester and 2 less to Scousers and this title race be right open

Frodo
08-12-2019, 03:40 PM
How crucial is that penalty VAR gave Liverpool in the Lester game because Mane took a dive??

1 point more to Lester and 2 less to Scousers and this title race be right open

And the other 4 points Liverpool were given incorrectly by VAR?

Jetmaster
08-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Now I thought VAR was meant to stop such talk.

redwah
08-12-2019, 05:21 PM
I think Liverpool will be changing the motto from Y.N.W.A to Y.A.W.N.

You’d think Liverpool were the only team that VAR was in use for.

plague
08-12-2019, 10:56 PM
was thinking about it today, has there ever been a better 2 pieces of business for all parties involved, than Liverpool selling Sterling and Suarez.
Both players commanded heaps of money for Liverpool, which they then went on to invest in a winning squad. but both players actually got better at their new clubs and led them to success as well.
its the ultimate win win situation.

also, Lesters recruiting staff should be the subject of massive offers from rival clubs. time after time they have nailed their targets. amazing job.

Skirt Boy
08-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Son reminds me of my younger days tearing it up for Charlestown Hotspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJyA19URHY

MFKS
08-12-2019, 11:45 PM
was thinking about it today, has there ever been a better 2 pieces of business for all parties involved, than Liverpool selling Sterling and Suarez.
Both players commanded heaps of money for Liverpool, which they then went on to invest in a winning squad. but both players actually got better at their new clubs and led them to success as well.
its the ultimate win win situation.

also, Lesters recruiting staff should be the subject of massive offers from rival clubs. time after time they have nailed their targets. amazing job.

If anything the business Liverpool did to sell Torres when they did was better. He had a leg injury before the 2010 WC and was never the same player after that.

Liverpool sold at the top of the market

They then proceeded to trade that money for Suarez which was a steal and Andy Carroll which is a WTF are you thinking thing

plague
08-12-2019, 11:54 PM
They then proceeded to trade that money for Suarez which was a steal and Andy Carroll which is a WTF are you thinking thing

except if you read it properly it looks like they wanted Andy Carroll and 'got' Suarez as a backup.
They benefited by good luck there not good management.

also, Torres didnt represent good value for Chelsea........which was the whole point of my post. try reading them every now and then.

MFKS
09-12-2019, 12:15 AM
except if you read it properly it looks like they wanted Andy Carroll and 'got' Suarez as a backup.
They benefited by good luck there not good management.

also, Torres didnt represent good value for Chelsea........which was the whole point of my post. try reading them every now and then.

Try reading mine

I am claiming the selling of Torres when Liverpool did is a better piece of business than the Suarez and Sterling deals you are claiming are great business

plague
09-12-2019, 12:25 AM
Try reading mine

I am claiming the selling of Torres when Liverpool did is a better piece of business than the Suarez and Sterling deals you are claiming are great business

only you can misread a question, get called out on it then pretend you weren't answering my original question anyway even though you quoted my question in your answer.

only you.

its a gift, and its art.

i applaud you.

Bremsstrahlung
09-12-2019, 02:09 AM
only you can misread a question, get called out on it then pretend you weren't answering my original question anyway even though you quoted my question in your answer.

only you.

its a gift, and its art.

i applaud you.

Sometimes I type out replies, only to delete them because why bother trying to reason.
Thanks for being bothered.

Id argue that Coutinho was also a great piece of business, but I read you post, and understand the flip side was his performances for Barca which were not that great, therefore redundant.

plague
09-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Dear Liverpool people:
Was Brendan Rodgers liked by the players when he was there? because the knock on him was he was a bit of a weirdo, but the Lester team is humming. His teams have always played attacking football, so is he a good manager?

also, not sure who signed them but totally rebuilding that squad bringing in the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, and Iheanacho in over the course of what, 2 seasons for just over 80 million net spend (a.k.a One Harry Maguire) and an academy talent like Chilwell. thats some insane recruiting.

Frodo
10-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Dear Liverpool people:
Was Brendan Rodgers liked by the players when he was there? because the knock on him was he was a bit of a weirdo, but the Lester team is humming. His teams have always played attacking football, so is he a good manager?

also, not sure who signed them but totally rebuilding that squad bringing in the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, and Iheanacho in over the course of what, 2 seasons for just over 80 million net spend (a.k.a One Harry Maguire) and an academy talent like Chilwell. thats some insane recruiting.

You do realise the last time they beat an in form team was late October versus Burnley who are still only a mid table side? They are about to play Norwich, City, Liverpool, Hammers and then Newcastle. I'll be impressed if they get more than 6 points from those games.

Maddison was a 25 million championship transfer... Thats huge money for a player from the 2nd division and I don't think anyone else was in for him at that money at the time. Good buy tho.

Ndidi was a great buy from Genk, he fits the mould of the same midfielder that Leicester have been buying for almost 5 years now. Kante, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy. They went away from that mould with Iborra and Silva and it didn't work.

Iheanacho was a City youth who couldn't get games, and he is only just now starting to perform with Rodgers at the helm. But 30 million for a 20 year old player who never really played for City was too much, especially considering how long it's taken him to even get into the team. He's only scored 2 goals remember.

Johnny Evans is the reason they are where they are. Coyuncu would be a liabilty beside anyone else with his over-confidence but Evans communicates so well that they are solid back there. Then just get it forward quickly and Vardy will knock them in. No Vardy and Evans and this squad would be in trouble.

plague
10-12-2019, 10:08 AM
You do realise the last time they beat an in form team was late October versus Burnley who are still only a mid table side? They are about to play Norwich, City, Liverpool, Hammers and then Newcastle. I'll be impressed if they get more than 6 points from those games.

Maddison was a 25 million championship transfer... Thats huge money for a player from the 2nd division and I don't think anyone else was in for him at that money at the time. Good buy tho.

Ndidi was a great buy from Genk, he fits the mould of the same midfielder that Leicester have been buying for almost 5 years now. Kante, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy. They went away from that mould with Iborra and Silva and it didn't work.

Iheanacho was a City youth who couldn't get games, and he is only just now starting to perform with Rodgers at the helm. But 30 million for a 20 year old player who never really played for City was too much, especially considering how long it's taken him to even get into the team. He's only scored 2 goals remember.

Johnny Evans is the reason they are where they are. Coyuncu would be a liabilty beside anyone else with his over-confidence but Evans communicates so well that they are solid back there. Then just get it forward quickly and Vardy will knock them in. No Vardy and Evans and this squad would be in trouble.

theres only one 'form' team in the Prem and thats Liverpool. Lester copped a dubious 90th min pen to lose against them.
Lester are beating the teams they need to beat, which you can only say about 1 other club at the moment.

Maddison is a good example of my point. You described him as a 25m Championship player, the Lester management saw him as a 25m #10 on a top 4 side.
Every team in the comp wishes they had a #10 who only cost 25m and their team was top 4.
the others are also as you described them, but its the lack of duds that stand out. Heck, the balls to turn Harry Maguire around for such a profit and not skip a beat should be applauded. Especially when, as you said, they stuck Evans in there and hes been fantastic. I think as of last weekend they had the best defence of any side in all top tiers of English football.

all clubs have good signings, all clubs have bad signings. but id put Lesters strike rate up there with anyone as an example of great management.

StannyCFCJET
10-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Bloody West Ham, Play Rubbish all season then turn into Barce when they play us then back to shit

plague
10-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Bloody West Ham, Play Rubbish all season then turn into Barce when they play us then back to shit

Don't forget Everton either.

StannyCFCJET
10-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Don't forget Everton either.

Everton are usually decent each season

plague
10-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Everton are usually decent each season

Still shouldn't be getting anywhere near your lot though.

StannyCFCJET
10-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Still shouldn't be getting anywhere near your lot though.

Disagree even the top teams have off days, West Ham is just annoying

boz-monaut
10-12-2019, 02:20 PM
beating the top six then losing to the bottom six used to be the MO of another club

MFKS
10-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Disagree even the top teams have off days, West Ham is just annoying

West Ham didn't beat a top team though did they??

Bremsstrahlung
11-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Dear Liverpool people:

From memory he was reasonably well liked. It was towards the ends when results didn’t happen that people lost patience.

For the most part, he did play attacking, but with the likes of peak sturridge, Suarez and a developing Sterling being fed by Stevie G, it wasn’t the hardest of gigs.
Problem came when teams figured out we were ruthless on the counter and set up defensively, we’d have the ball for 80 minutes wondering wtf to do with it only for buy a vowel skrtel and Agger to turn it over.

It’s only really been the last season or two that we have started to develop plans B and C and D.

Jetmaster
11-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Son reminds me of my younger days tearing it up for Charlestown Hotspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJyA19URHY

Now, I do recall Graham Jennings scoring a very similar goal to this for Rosebuds back in the 70's - actually he started his run nearer the corner flag than Son!

StannyCFCJET
11-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Now, I do recall Graham Jennings scoring a very similar goal to this for Rosebuds back in the 70's - actually he started his run nearer the corner flag than Son!

He played for the Socceroos didnt he? I remember him coming to my year 3 class back in the day and talking about it or the Olympics

Retro Jet
28-12-2019, 10:01 AM
"2-0...and you f***ed it up"
I'm sure that salty old dog Martin Atkinson did all he could to help the cause.
What a sh!t draw for Wolves tho. City on a Friday then Liverpool on a Sunday.

Frodo
28-12-2019, 04:19 PM
"2-0...and you f***ed it up"
I'm sure that salty old dog Martin Atkinson did all he could to help the cause.
What a sh!t draw for Wolves tho. City on a Friday then Liverpool on a Sunday.

I mean, City played with 10 men for 80 minutes and one of the goals conceded probably should have been a free kick their way. Wolves were very lucky to get anything out of the game let alone win.

Retro Jet
29-12-2019, 11:00 PM
I mean, City played with 10 men for 80 minutes and one of the goals conceded probably should have been a free kick their way. Wolves were very lucky to get anything out of the game let alone win.

Are you referring to when Mendy coughed it up when he was outmuscled by Mr Muscle himself, Adama Traore?
Mehhh...not hard enuf son...and he knew it too judging by his reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuSgsVjk9Q

And I thought Milner had muscles in his sh!t. This Traore bloke has them in his snot too!
I'll be watching with interest tomorrow morning as to how Klopp deals with this monster.

Frodo
30-12-2019, 05:55 AM
Are you referring to when Mendy coughed it up when he was outmuscled by Mr Muscle himself, Adama Traore?
Mehhh...not hard enuf son...and he knew it too judging by his reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuSgsVjk9Q

And I thought Milner had muscles in his sh!t. This Traore bloke has them in his snot too!
I'll be watching with interest tomorrow morning as to how Klopp deals with this monster.

Imagine if Mendy was the attacking player and Traore did that. Free kick all day. I mean, he did practically the same challenge about 10 minutes later and was pinned. Hence my "probably should have been a free kick" comment.

City should have scored another couple before they took KDB off. Once he went off Wolves actually looked like they were in the game.

Frodo
30-12-2019, 06:06 AM
So Tottenham are handed a point by VAR, Chelsea should have lost after Jorginho was sent off for the clearest of second yellows you'll ever see, and now Liverpool are getting even more VAR calls go their way. EPL refs are somehow getting worse, and less subtle with their bias.

Jetmaster
30-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Not as bad as the ref at Man City who actually set up the first goal.

Frodo
30-12-2019, 01:50 PM

I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it. Pretty lucky for City there. Was a great control in the end.

Jetmaster
30-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Was a pleasure to watch the Old Firm Derby last night sans VAR.

Reckon there is more grief and controversy with the correct VAR decisions in the EPL this week than with the handball not given in Scotland.

MFKS
30-12-2019, 06:17 PM

That just a ref who don't know the rules

The rule changed this season in relation to the ball striking the ref

That started a promising attack for Man City so should have been stopped and a drop ball to Staff its awarded

Can't help when the refs don't even know the rules

Skirt Boy
31-12-2019, 11:37 AM
So Tottenham are handed a point by VAR, Chelsea should have lost after Jorginho was sent off for the clearest of second yellows you'll ever see, and now Liverpool are getting even more VAR calls go their way. EPL refs are somehow getting worse, and less subtle with their bias.

I might joke about the refs and VAR ect ect.

But it really is a blight on the game. Other than off the ball incidents everything should be handled by the man in the middle.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
31-12-2019, 03:27 PM
I might joke about the refs and VAR ect ect.

But it really is a blight on the game. Other than off the ball incidents everything should be handled by the man in the middle.

Watching that young fella from Wolves celebrate like a lunatic and then have it all shitcanned is everything that is wrong with the VAR.
It will ruin football.

Bremsstrahlung
31-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Watching that young fella from Wolves celebrate like a lunatic and then have it all shitcanned is everything that is wrong with the VAR.
It will ruin football.

Agree.
In the ground you could’ve heard a pin drop when he scored and that celebration was perfect. Made every Liverpool supporter think he was a C... but couldn’t do anything about it.
That’s what football is.

StannyCFCJET
02-01-2020, 02:30 AM
What a goal from Brighton. Fair play

Frodo
02-01-2020, 04:32 AM
Another fairly simple VAR decision goes Spuds way... Mourinho obviously spending his enormous salary on ref decisions.

Frodo
02-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Another fairly simple VAR decision goes Spuds way... Mourinho obviously spending his enormous salary on ref decisions.

Doesn't matter tho.

Bremsstrahlung
02-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Werner rumoured to have a 25M release clause. Sign him up.

Jetmaster
02-01-2020, 03:50 PM
And another stupid "forensic" decision against Villa - result the fans didn't cheer when they did score.

pv4
02-01-2020, 04:35 PM
And another stupid "forensic" decision against Villa

I'm curious to hear your own and other peoples views who don't like the hawkeye offside calls as to what scale, distance, measurement you'd be happy for the VAR to call offside at? Does the player need to be a certain amount of millimetres, centimetres, metres offside for you to be satisfied with the VAR ruling on it? What scale are you after? I'm struggling to understand where the "forensic" vs "I'll allow it (https://media2.giphy.com/media/NCjISbEPFxm48/source.gif)" line is, in your opinion. I'm trying to talk about the hawkeye offside calls in isolation here, not attempting to bring up the entire VAR existence debate.

To me it seems to be the least subjective ruling VAR can make, I don't fully understand the negative feelings towards it. If a part of your body which can legally score is offside, then you're offside, right?

Skirt Boy
02-01-2020, 05:09 PM
I'm curious to hear your own and other peoples views who don't like the hawkeye offside calls as to what scale, distance, measurement you'd be happy for the VAR to call offside at? Does the player need to be a certain amount of millimetres, centimetres, metres offside for you to be satisfied with the VAR ruling on it? What scale are you after? I'm struggling to understand where the "forensic" vs "I'll allow it (https://media2.giphy.com/media/NCjISbEPFxm48/source.gif)" line is, in your opinion. I'm trying to talk about the hawkeye offside calls in isolation here, not attempting to bring up the entire VAR existence debate.

To me it seems to be the least subjective ruling VAR can make, I don't fully understand the negative feelings towards it. If a part of your body which can legally score is offside, then you're offside, right?

Because it removes the human element.

Every single referee in no matter what sport will referee in a different way. It removes the spanner in the works that a referee can provide to the game.

Say you're a boss of the midfield and don't mind some argy bargy. Yet the referee on the day is pretty dam strict.........You have to adapt. The referee the following week is more forgiving so you can play fully to your strengths.

MFKS
02-01-2020, 05:13 PM

Thought the thing was meant to be for clear and obvious errors??

If we are trying to ascertain whether a bloke 30m away from the defender is offside by a bee's dick or 2 then it ain't a clear and obvious error is it??

Captain Obvious
02-01-2020, 05:21 PM
There is no line on the human body to determine exactly where your legal and illegal goal scoring parts of your body are. This makes it a subjective decision by the video assistant referee as to where your offside parts begin.
If a part of your body which can legally score is offside, then you're offside, right?

Frodo
02-01-2020, 06:43 PM
Also, screw this "any body parts that can legally score must be onside" crap. It's feet. If your feet are behind the defender, you're onside. Being tall and in full lean shouldn't be a disadvantage.

VAR is a joke. If a linesman stuffs up on a split second decision, so be it. We've lost UCL finals and everything to bad calls. But that's part of the game.

Jetmaster
02-01-2020, 07:45 PM
"Forensic" is what IFAB are calling these decisions as they are looking at making changes.

The International Football Association Board (IFAB), which makes the game’s laws, claims VAR should only overturn blatant errors rather than forensically examine replays looking for potential offsides.
Apparently in MLS the VAR has a cursory look in real time. If it isn't obvious it is left as is. I could live with that. There is no way the current system can be 100% accurate. There is no margin of error at all considered which really is bizarre.
As they said in a podcast this week an offside was always by either a flag up or down, so simple....definitely less aggro when there is human error. Both the offside and handball laws are now not being applied in the spirit intended. Offside was always meant to stop "lingering" near the goal.
The whole point is the effect on the feel of the game, not whether a decision is right or not....that's how I feel anyway.

pv4
02-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Also, screw this "any body parts that can legally score must be onside" crap. It's feet. If your feet are behind the defender, you're onside. Being tall and in full lean shouldn't be a disadvantage.

VAR is a joke. If a linesman stuffs up on a split second decision, so be it. We've lost UCL finals and everything to bad calls. But that's part of the game.

So you're happy with the Grealish one, given it was his foot?

Membah - unless you're a backwards country still using imperial than a millimetre is clearly and obviously a millimetre. Using this hawkeye forensic technology is the closest thing we humans have to getting this clearer and more obvious.

SB - a human is still on the end of the VAR, as proven by basically any decision handed to the Sp*rs or any VAR intervention in the AL to date.

Jetmaster - I appreciate your real time views. That makes more sense. If we're using the tech though, it seems ignorant not to invest that time to get it right. AR's encouraged to keep their flag down until the play stops I think is a good practice for the system as it still let's the play flow until the goal. It's that time in limbo afterwards that is the killer, but again that's arguing VAR in general rather than this argument in isolation.

MFKS
03-01-2020, 01:36 AM
So you're happy with the Grealish one, given it was his foot?

Membah - unless you're a backwards country still using imperial than a millimetre is clearly and obviously a millimetre. Using this hawkeye forensic technology is the closest thing we humans have to getting this clearer and more obvious.

SB - a human is still on the end of the VAR, as proven by basically any decision handed to the Sp*rs or any VAR intervention in the AL to date.

Jetmaster - I appreciate your real time views. That makes more sense. If we're using the tech though, it seems ignorant not to invest that time to get it right. AR's encouraged to keep their flag down until the play stops I think is a good practice for the system as it still let's the play flow until the goal. It's that time in limbo afterwards that is the killer, but again that's arguing VAR in general rather than this argument in isolation.

WLG

If they spending a couple of minutes assessing it it ain't clear and obvious

It should be a quick glance and that ****s is offside
Or that **** is onside
It not rocket science

If they need to draw lines to ascertain small infractions then it ain't clear and obvious

As for Hawkeye
The thing is shit. It makes balls in the cricket miss the stumps when they ain't gonna all the time.

I got zero confidence in the thing as it will **** up LBWs all the time

Jetmaster
03-01-2020, 02:35 PM
What was wrong with the old rule - if in doubt benefit goes to attacking team. Use that real time first view and all will be good. There will always be whinging about a decision whichever way it goes.

Again I am pushing the spirit of the law, not accuracy. Cancelling great goals due to the width of a pubic hair is causing damage.

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2020, 06:11 AM
Catch 22.
Imo it’s similar to goal line technology. There’s an objective answer.
Offside is tricky. And tbh I don’t know if I like the way it is unfolding but there’s no other way really?

Linesman can’t be given right of first refusal “because what if it’s onside and they score?!?”
So they leave their flag down, play on for any closer call. This leads to defenders being pissed, fans wondering wtf is happening and doesn’t account for things that happen afterwards. They do occasionally come back to the offside , if nothing comes of the attack immediately. But there’s corners, free kicks and field position amongst other things being given in lieu of making a decision.

As a fan, I don’t want to see goals rules out. Wolves goal should have stood and imo even as a Liverpool supporter at the ground, it was frustrating. That moment was elation for wolves and a big redeeming F you to VAR in their opinion, the celebration was great and Anfield went silent. Only for it to be overuled for a hand?

Unfortunately, if you have the technology, and don’t use it, that is often worse.
What’s the margin of error that determines if it’s clear and obvious? Do you get a 5cm line with 2.5cm either side and use that? It’s a yes or no answer though.
I don’t mind the MLS approach as stated but you will then have people scrutinising the officials saying you can clearly see this frozen frame where his left nipple is in front.

Another thing that I have thought about was evident in the Liverpool wolves game.
Liverpool’s goal, the Liverpool players protest like crazy they think they have been dudded - VAR review - goal.

Wolves goal, I don’t think a single Liverpool player thought he was offside. They collected the ball and ran to halfway to “react” and resume the game. VAR intervened then and overuled the decision for a mm.

Is there merit to a “challenge”? Liverpool can challenge the first one. They wouldn’t have challenged the second goal.
Granted it can be used as a time wasting or Hail Mary. It would probably prevent as many stoppages as it creates though.
The players immediate reactions to both these situation was interesting imo. Nobody wanted wolves goal to be reviewed.

boz-monaut
04-01-2020, 09:06 AM
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50987245

Klopp has said that having this much football over Christmas is bad for relationships with the rest of your family

he's got a point

but then again if you've got extended family over watching sport is much better than having to talk to them

Skirt Boy
06-01-2020, 10:13 PM
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50987245

Klopp has said that having this much football over Christmas is bad for relationships with the rest of your family

he's got a point

but then again if you've got extended family over watching sport is much better than having to talk to them

**** him.

This much football has been a feature of the English game for decades. No need to change. If a manager can't manage his squad to handle it then he isn't a good manager is he?

boz-monaut
06-01-2020, 10:41 PM
and how many games has Klopp watched Liverpool lose over the break?

it's not just Klopp saying this, every single manager is saying this

besides the fact the point he was humorously making was not even about football at all

silly boy

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2020, 10:57 PM

besides the fact the point he was humorously making was not even about football at all

silly boy

Every single manager? Umm dont think so

Bremsstrahlung
07-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Klopp has always not liked the fixture of the English competition due to all the cups.

Compounded this year by club World Cup and refusal to reschedule the league cup game.

Skirt Boy
07-01-2020, 10:24 AM

silly boy

Silly?

No. Realist.

He KNEW as do all managers know how much football is played in England. He is a manager and it's his job to manage the squad. That's all there is to it.

They are allowed a squad of 25.............That's two starting 11's. Short of a lasagna poisoning. There really isn't an excuse.

Frodo
07-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Klopp can shove his whinging about fixture congestion up his arse. He has one of the top 2 most expensively assembled squads in world football and he wants to complain about how hard his life is.

boz-monaut
07-01-2020, 12:34 PM
interesting that you support a team managed by Jose Mourninho yet complain about whinging managers

Frodo
07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
interesting that you support a team managed by Jose Mourninho yet complain about whinging managers

I know, right.

Skirt Boy
07-01-2020, 01:54 PM

When I'm not joking about something I've got no qualms about even calling out the worlds greatest manager.

Frodo
07-01-2020, 02:34 PM
When I'm not joking about something I've got no qualms about even calling out the worlds greatest manager.

Why even bring Wenger into the conversation? Jeez... You need to move on SB.

Skirt Boy
07-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Why even bring Wenger into the conversation? Jeez... You need to move on SB.

He was the biggest sook out of the lot. :D

Frodo
08-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Jesse Lingard just signed with super agent Raiola, another young talent looking to move to Madrid or Barcelona..

Zero goals or assists in 18 league games this season. Bloke is world class.

Skirt Boy
20-01-2020, 12:28 PM
**** the EPL. Going to become a coked up AFL fan.

Bon
20-01-2020, 12:49 PM
**** the EPL. Going to become a coked up AFL fan.

Mate, you were lucky to even get a point on the weekend..
Watford were bloody alllllllll over you..

Skirt Boy
20-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Mate, you were lucky to even get a point on the weekend..
Watford were bloody alllllllll over you..

What are you talking about?

There was very clear bad officiating. Once that starts how can you possibly play properly?

Bon
22-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Everton at home to Newcastle...
2-0 up, and concede two goals in stoppage time.. Unbelievable..

Jeterpool
22-01-2020, 10:23 AM
Everton at home to Newcastle...
2-0 up, and concede two goals in stoppage time.. Unbelievable..

Shades of Griff v Perth

StannyCFCJET
22-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Shades of Griff v Perth

Didnt jade North score that game?

Bon
22-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Didnt jade North score that game?

If it was the infamous 3-3, then yes..

Retro Jet
22-01-2020, 01:50 PM
I watched that game with a bunch of Cookers mates at the Nags Head. I think it's one of those 'where were you' Jets moments...cause there ain't that many.
The Nicky Carle goal v Adelaide comes to mind too. I was gigging at Laguna pub. Couldn't see the screen after a set break n the drummer told me we'd scored a winner
:brrr:

Jeterpool
24-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Like that, out of nowhere, Southampton are 3 points from 5th!

What a good decision it appears to have been to show faith in Hasenhuttl.

Jetmaster
24-01-2020, 02:41 PM
The Jade North one - 22/8/2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auci0-6YsX8

Jetmaster
24-01-2020, 02:41 PM
The glory of Griff - 14/1/2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn4gYp91ZK0

Jeterpool
24-01-2020, 02:46 PM
The Jade North one - 22/8/2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auci0-6YsX8

How's that haircut from Griff!

Jetmaster
24-01-2020, 04:39 PM
How's that haircut from Griff!

Very Smeltz I thought!

Aegon
25-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Like that, out of nowhere, Southampton are 3 points from 5th!

What a good decision it appears to have been to show faith in Hasenhuttl.

Where would they be without Ings? Standing out in a pretty ordinary team.

Frodo
25-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Where would they be without Ings? Standing out in a pretty ordinary team.

They've won the last couple without him scoring again. Ings is great, but it's the coach who's sorted them out. Hassenhutl is the real deal.

Skirt Boy
27-01-2020, 12:33 AM
How anyone can have any serious interest in a side 12000 miles from home defies logic to me

I'll give you my answer.

I played for Charlestown Hotspurs and have supported Tottenham since I was a kid. Partly because of this my old man who is a Arsenal man 1st, Tottenham guy 2nd used to give me all the news about Tottenham and Tottenham in the mid to late 80's were very much a laughing stock.

My grandfather was Tottenham through and through as well.

Jeterpool
27-01-2020, 08:24 AM
I'll give you my answer.

I played for Charlestown Hotspurs and have supported Tottenham since I was a kid. Partly because of this my old man who is a Arsenal man 1st, Tottenham guy 2nd used to give me all the news about Tottenham and Tottenham in the mid to late 80's were very much a laughing stock.

My grandfather was Tottenham through and through as well.

Awesome story! That's really cool.

But your don't have to justify or explain who you support to anyone.

Skirt Boy
27-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Awesome story! That's really cool.

But your don't have to justify or explain who you support to anyone.

Haha I know. But it's member so it probably goes in one ear out the other anyways. :D

It's amusing. Old mate in the morning is always "Your Spurs lost again".........

But when they win it's always "Tottenham won" He doesn't buy into sports rivalry though as much as I. Hell he played for both Cardiffs.

Aegon
27-01-2020, 09:55 PM
Having their club bought by a wealthy tyrant accused of complicity in human rights abuses, torture, illegal air-strikes and murder would leave Newcastle fans with a dilemma to ponder.

Specifically: "Who should we buy first?"

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1221447479784329217?s=21

boz-monaut
28-01-2020, 07:45 AM
'...when the Newcastle Evening Chronicle staged an online poll on Saturday evening, asking the club’s supporters whether they would object to to the mooted takeover on the grounds of Saudi’s questionable human rights record, the response was an overwhelming “no”. Tellingly 80% of the 5,766 fans polled were in favour of the takeover.'

fans can be pretty disgusting human beings when offered cash and success

Frodo
28-01-2020, 09:03 AM
'...when the Newcastle Evening Chronicle staged an online poll on Saturday evening, asking the club’s supporters whether they would object to to the mooted takeover on the grounds of Saudi’s questionable human rights record, the response was an overwhelming “no”. Tellingly 80% of the 5,766 fans polled were in favour of the takeover.'

Yeah, people do kind of suck sometimes.

Newcastle doesn't need a Saudi takeover to get back to the top. They are still a huge club, huge fan base and have some good players already. A fairly standard owner, who isn't Ashley, could be enough to get them back to a constant top 10 side easily. 3 or 4 good signings and they could be the next Wolves and be in and out of Europa.

StannyCFCJET
28-01-2020, 10:37 AM
Yeah, people do kind of suck sometimes.

Newcastle doesn't need a Saudi takeover to get back to the top. They are still a huge club, huge fan base and have some good players already. A fairly standard owner, who isn't Ashley, could be enough to get them back to a constant top 10 side easily. 3 or 4 good signings and they could be the next Wolves and be in and out of Europa.

I'd argue they have a terrible squad this year but Bruce is working wonders and the rest of the league keeps dropping points

Frodo
28-01-2020, 12:02 PM
I'd argue they have a terrible squad this year but Bruce is working wonders and the rest of the league keeps dropping points

They have plenty of quality in midfield and defence.

Schar, Lascelles could play for a top 4 side. Clark and Fernandez are quality backups and could start at other bottom 10 sides. Jetro Willems is quality and Manquilo has been solid enough for a bottom half side.

Hayden, Shelvey have legs and can tackle as well as anyone. Longstaff looks like he'd move to a top 10 side if they got relegated. Bentalab has also been awesome since he left Spurs.

Up front they need more from what they have tho. Almiron has big potential, Joelinton was great in Germany last year but needs time to acclimatise. Saint Maximim could be great or could be a flop.

They have had about 10 players injured each week and are still not in the relegation zone. They just need to get players fit and then get rid of Carroll and Gayle and spend that on Giroud or Mertens or Chuopo-Mouting. Guarantee a few goals and then defend leads for now.

Frodo
28-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Bruce is doing an amazing job of getting them up for it each week tho. The amount of injuries they have had would kill a lesser team.

StannyCFCJET
28-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Bruce is doing an amazing job of getting them up for it each week tho. The amount of injuries they have had would kill a lesser team.

He's good at that

Aegon
28-01-2020, 02:33 PM
As a Newcastle fan I don’t fall into the “our squad is garbage” excuse that is always rolled out. We have some decent players but the disconnect between the fans and Ashley is beyond toxic. There’ll be no harmony or at least content until he sells.

Newcastle need someone to invest in the training facilities, the youth squads, etc as there has been no money spent in the back of house since he bought the club.

Bruce has exceeded expectations but we’re still not in the clear yet.

Aegon
28-01-2020, 02:34 PM

I wonder what the statistic would have been if it wasn’t a vote of Ashley vs Saudi’s.

boz-monaut
28-01-2020, 03:22 PM
to be fair to Ashley, his human rights record, while certainly not perfect, isn't as bad as the Saudis

he stopped beheadings ages ago, give him a little bit of credit

Frodo
28-01-2020, 03:39 PM
to be fair to Ashley, his human rights record, while certainly not perfect, isn't as bad as the Saudis

he stopped beheadings ages ago, give him a little bit of credit

He only slashes prices on last year's footwear... Not journalists heads!

boz-monaut
01-03-2020, 09:21 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/29/manchester-city-fans-unhappy-constantly-winning

quite a good article about City

they dont have their own thread so I posted it here

Frodo
01-03-2020, 10:29 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/29/manchester-city-fans-unhappy-constantly-winning

quite a good article about City

they dont have their own thread so I posted it here

So City's money is bad, yet Chelsea's money isn't? Their owner stole his wealth and then sold out other billionaires to get himself deep in with Putin, which led to deaths and imprisonment for Romans oligarch rivals? Real Madrid were bankrolled by a dodgy king and then joined with Barca, also funded by the middle east, to strangle control of La Liga to stifle any other team earning money from the TV deal for over a decade? Juventus were and still are funded by the Italian mafia and were not only caught buying the league/refs, but they also have a lot of the same people working for the club today?

That's not aimed at you directly Boz, but City aren't any worse than the other money clubs. If they get punished, so should the other clubs who bought titles and filter their dodgy money into the club.

boz-monaut
01-03-2020, 11:59 AM
did you read the article?

dirty money is dirty money, whether it's City, Chelsea or Newcastle

Madrid were Franco's team, we should never forget that

no one is saying City are worse, in fact City seem to have spent their dirty money in much better ways than most other clubs

but that's tangential to the topic we'd be discussing if you'd actually read the article

StannyCFCJET
01-03-2020, 12:12 PM

no one is saying City are worse, in fact City seem to have spent their dirty money in much better ways than most other clubs

but that's tangential to the topic we'd be discussing if you'd actually read the article

He wouldnt say nothing if Usmanov the guy on Arsenal's board with more money then Roman was in charge and spending big to ensure Arsenal return to being a big club

Frodo
01-03-2020, 01:23 PM
He wouldnt say nothing if Usmanov the guy on Arsenal's board with more money then Roman was in charge and spending big to ensure Arsenal return to being a big club

Usmanov was dirty, he wanted to buy us outright for years but the board never even let it go to a vote. Arsenal aren't the poster boys for how to run a club at all. We were the ones who started the FFP crap in order to keep the old order of United, us and Liverpool at the top and block Chelsea and the like from just buying trophies. It took a decade to make them work, too late to stop Chelsea, and even then they were still both ineffective and dodgy in their implementation.

Frodo
01-03-2020, 01:26 PM

I read the article, it just seemed like a muffled whinge about City's money as the reason why their fans aren't as thankful as other clubs when they win trophies. The journalist seemed touchy about claims that City aren't given a fair representation by the media.