PDA

View Full Version : 2017 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

evolution
06-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Jets Youth 2-4 Maitland. Dominant performance from Maitland despite being 2-0 down very early in the match.

That last goal the Jets conceded was absolute amateur hour from the keeper... would be embarrassing to rush out and leave the goals open like that in All Age :blush:

winner
06-04-2017, 01:11 PM
That last goal the Jets conceded was absolute amateur hour from the keeper... would be embarrassing to rush out and leave the goals open like that in All Age :blush:

Who is the Jets keeper ?

The Spy
06-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Who is the Jets keeper ?

The bloke that stands in goal, normally wears a different colour jersey....

cobra23
06-04-2017, 04:56 PM
The bloke that stands in goal, normally wears a different colour jersey....

He asked who was the jets keeper, not what is.
Now you look like a dick..,

The Spy
06-04-2017, 05:03 PM
^^^^

Don't be this guy kids, stay in school.

WolfMan
06-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Jets Youth 2-4 Maitland. Dominant performance from Maitland despite being 2-0 down very early in the match.

Jets second goal looked a peach on BarTVSports though.

MFKS
06-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Zane obviously doing well as a coach

GVE masterplan coming to fruition.
What that 4 goals conceeded 3 games on the trot??

These kids actually taught to defend or battle??
Or is selection in the squad based on some deluded interpretation of FFAs Dutch mango sucking curriculum??

You would think as the years roll by with the EJ these kids be getting better.

But it would appear they getting worse

Bremsstrahlung
06-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Or is selection in the squad based on some deluded interpretation of FFAs Dutch mango sucking curriculum??

I heard it's a mandate from the first team all the way down and through the program. Help transition them into the first team when needed so Jones can use them...

as a scapegoat

Blueboy
06-04-2017, 07:07 PM

It's a joke. I don't think the coaches care if they are winning. There is no plan B.
As long as they are keeping possession, who cares if we are losing 4-1 each week.

Reds Forever
06-04-2017, 11:37 PM
I watched game on Bar TV and Zane could be heard through mic. I was shocked to hear how much coaching he was having to do from sidelines. Constantly telling players where to be and what to do. For players at that level and age, I would have thought they would have known the game by now.

Tommyjet
07-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Goalkeeper would of been either pierce clark or noah james

immersion
07-04-2017, 06:51 AM
I watched game on Bar TV and Zane could be heard through mic. I was shocked to hear how much coaching he was having to do from sidelines. Constantly telling players where to be and what to do. For players at that level and age, I would have thought they would have known the game by now.

as long as he is giving good information, i think that is good IMO. The kids are still developing. I mean every player can learn something. Maybe he is trying to drill in good patterns to them?

Yes i know they need to think on their own. But this speeds them along. Better than the kids thinking dumb things and never being corrected.

Apollo Creed
07-04-2017, 10:30 AM
It's a joke. I don't think the coaches care if they are winning. There is no plan B.
As long as they are keeping possession, who cares if we are losing 4-1 each week.

BB
there is no frikn plan.
besides the whole jets brand, regarded as a joke. at least there is consistency there I guess
the idea of them playing in Sydney, is also a joke, and well under Parr to there talent there,
Why would FNSW even consider adding a crap emerging team, when they can add the likes of a tier 3 side, that has purpose and run better

Apollo Creed
07-04-2017, 10:31 AM
as long as he is giving good information, i think that is good IMO. The kids are still developing. I mean every player can learn something. Maybe he is trying to drill in good patterns to them?

Yes i know they need to think on their own. But this speeds them along. Better than the kids thinking dumb things and never being corrected.

agree like the 1st team
lol

The Acolyte
07-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Zane must have overlooked telling them a lot of stuff at training, yelling from the sideline isn't coaching, it's encouraging players to make the coaches mistakes. The players have got to make their own mistakes before the coach teaches them the alternatives in that situation, that's coaching. Like school ,all the school work leads to the exam[which is the same as game day], if the teacher is no good there's gunna be a fail and all the yelling and screaming of the teacher doesn't fool anyone.

MFKS
08-04-2017, 02:30 PM

So I take it by now they have mastered the art of kicking off??

MFKS
08-04-2017, 07:30 PM
So I take it by now they have mastered the art of kicking off??

Apparently not

25 mins in and 2-0 down to Olympic

Pathetic really

MFKS
08-04-2017, 08:23 PM
4 games

4 goals conceeded

Currently 4-1 to Olympic who are in 2nd gear

We can now all see where the tuna that John West rejects ends up.

In a Jets Yoof shirt.

Absolute garbage watching these kids play to their KPIs and losing is welcomed by the coaching department

MFKS
08-04-2017, 09:23 PM
FT 4-1 Olympic over John West Rejects

jets04
08-04-2017, 10:29 PM
FT 4-1 Olympic over John West Rejects

I see Scott smith got a hat trick looks like a good signing leading the goal scoring after only 3 games.

Did Goodchild play? He hasn't scored yet this season.

MFKS
08-04-2017, 10:34 PM
I see Scott smith got a hat trick looks like a good signing leading the goal scoring after only 3 games.

No Goodchild didn't play tonight. Not even on the bench

Yeah good to take your chances for Smith but it wasn't exactly anything to be bragging about notching 3 tonight

He won't find that level of space and opportunity at this level until he plays the Jets again

magician
08-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Not sure where you got your information from but smith didn't get a hat trick.
Smith 2, Spenser and bird

jets04
09-04-2017, 12:06 AM
Not sure where you got your information from but smith didn't get a hat trick.
Smith 2, Spenser and bird

Yes my mistake. I just saw the score on the flash score app and they had smith x 3 and bird for one. This has now been updated for spencer for the second.

GO AWAY
09-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Azzuri 1 magic 0

mervan
09-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Lakes 0 Lambton 4

Jonty
09-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Edgy 0-0 Maitland. On the whole, Edgy created more but Maitland spurned the best chance of the game. Missed from about 10 yards right in front with only the keeper to beat. Hard fought point for both sides.

GO AWAY
11-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Couple of rescheduled fixtures boys, just incase you didn't know -

Tonight at Lisle Carr
Azzurri v Maitland ( First Grade Only 6.30pm )

Tomorrow night at Lisle Carr

Azzurri v Jets ( Under 18 )
Azzurri v Jets ( Under 20 )

Tonester
11-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Olympic play both of these teams in the next 7 days,bet they'd love a couple of reds and a real tough game tonight.

GO AWAY
11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Olympic play both of these teams in the next 7 days,bet they'd love a couple of reds and a real tough game tonight.

Well the Magic keeper will be out this weekend due to a red against us. Not sure who they playing

Tonester
11-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Well the Magic keeper will be out this weekend due to a red against us. Not sure who they playing

Do you think Haynesy did enough to get the keeper's gig this weekend!

Apollo Creed
11-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Apollo Creed
11-04-2017, 02:00 PM

GO AWAY
11-04-2017, 02:38 PM

UUUUmmmm no, think they just picked the tallest, but Spud picked the corner well

Apollo Creed
13-04-2017, 10:50 AM
games on or off this Easter weekend? any early predictions

Maitland v Weston Weston
Lambton v Broadmeadow Lambton
Emerging Jets v Edgeworth Edgeworth
Hamilton v Charlestown Draw
Adamstown v Lake Macquarie Draw
Valentine v Bye

its obvious club officials- lack some smarts when deciding this, play only 1 game or split mid week, very little patrons turn up and they choose to watch on Bartv.
clubs need to stop being precious with there grass, its not like any are world class facilities to start with.

play the f$%&ing games

ForeverRed
13-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Yep, play the games, then in two weeks time we get on here and winge how Poor the surface was

Apollo Creed
13-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Yep, play the games, then in two weeks time we get on here and winge how Poor the surface was

Isnt the forum designed for whinging?
lol

Play the F%^&ing games

GO AWAY
13-04-2017, 11:54 AM
games on or off this Easter weekend? any early predictions

Maitland v Weston Weston
Lambton v Broadmeadow Lambton
Emerging Jets v Edgeworth Edgeworth
Hamilton v Charlestown Draw
Adamstown v Lake Macquarie Draw
Valentine v Bye

its obvious club officials- lack some smarts when deciding this, play only 1 game or split mid week, very little patrons turn up and they choose to watch on Bartv.
clubs need to stop being precious with there grass, its not like any are world class facilities to start with.

play the f$%&ing games

Weston to beat Maitland ? Maitland very quick on the counter against us, even without Ryan Clarke, think they will be too good for Weston 2-0
Lambton to draw with Magic
Edgy to flog Jets Yoof
Olympic will be too strong for us ( Head ) ..... we will win 4-0 ( Heart )
Lakes to beat Adamstown 1-0

May sound like sour grapes but check the ball and all tackle deemed a penalty by Cameron Hughes, then check the handball by Comerford INSIDE the box awarded free kick on the edge of the box . About 53rd and 82nd minute on Bar TV in the Azzurri v Maitland game.......pleassssse, but life goes on, congratulations Maitland.

NED DEVINE
13-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Weston to beat Maitland ? Maitland very quick on the counter against us, even without Ryan Clarke, think they will be too good for Weston 2-0
Lambton to draw with Magic
Edgy to flog Jets Yoof
Olympic will be too strong for us ( Head ) ..... we will win 4-0 ( Heart )
Lakes to beat Adamstown 1-0

May sound like sour grapes but check the ball and all tackle deemed a penalty by Cameron Hughes, then check the handball by Comerford INSIDE the box awarded free kick on the edge of the box . About 53rd and 82nd minute on Bar TV in the Azzurri v Maitland game.......pleassssse, but life goes on, congratulations Maitland.

No use crying over spilt milk , but 100% two [2] really poor decisions .
You can generally get the feel of a penalty call from the immediate p;ayers reactions .
One [1] only Maitland player made a 1/2 hearted appeal . The Azzurri boys were all livid .
Then at the other end , the replays clearly show Comerford inside the box , all the Maitland players urged that it was outside , the ref put it 1' outside .
Two very very poor decisions , in an otherwise tight game , where Maitland probably had the best of it .

I wonder what happens inside referee land , does someone actually look at this , especially with the benefir of BAR TV , and perhaps coach from the vision . Would probably much better than the " training session " they run , which is almost comical .
2 very poor decisions

NED DEVINE
13-04-2017, 03:43 PM
BAR TV is a great part of the modern game at this level .
Well used by Coaches , Players , and those who may not be able to get to a game , area away , or infirmed .
I just wonder if the Referees use it ?
Or is it the same old , closed shop , don't even think of criticising us mentality , close ranks , how dare you comment attitude.
The guy who officiated Maitland v Azzurri , is probably an " identified " young referee.
But the theatrics shown reminds me of Mr Nash & Mr Gallagher , surely we don't need another version of them .
Maybe they think BAR TV is all about promoting themselves , rather than an educational tool . Remembering that the member clubs actually pay for it .

prawnhead
13-04-2017, 04:33 PM
No use crying over spilt milk , but 100% two [2] really poor decisions .
You can generally get the feel of a penalty call from the immediate p;ayers reactions .
One [1] only Maitland player made a 1/2 hearted appeal . The Azzurri boys were all livid .
Then at the other end , the replays clearly show Comerford inside the box , all the Maitland players urged that it was outside , the ref put it 1' outside .
Two very very poor decisions , in an otherwise tight game , where Maitland probably had the best of it .

I wonder what happens inside referee land , does someone actually look at this , especially with the benefir of BAR TV , and perhaps coach from the vision . Would probably much better than the " training session " they run , which is almost comical .
2 very poor decisions

Was at the game and was close to the Maitland pen. Agree definitely not a pen. Was too far away from Azzurri hand ball one though and haven't seen bartv. These things tend to even out Over the season though - but agree Maitland a bit better on night

MFKS
14-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Maitland have the 18s and 20s off today

Surprise surprise

Decision on First grade at midday

Apollo Creed
14-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Maitland have the 18s and 20s off today

Surprise surprise

Decision on First grade at midday

whos missing?

now becoming a joke

Jono469
14-04-2017, 11:42 AM
whos missing?

now becoming a joke

Maitland first grade is off now too. Such a joke.

The Magician
14-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Sports bet suspended betting at $1.06

hamburgler
14-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Beyond a joke. Northern should step in. Something has to be done!

Apollo Creed
14-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Sports bet suspended betting at $1.06

what this time-
sprinklers left on again
thommson out?
or maybe religious

NNSWF dock what points they have,
piss taking the competition now

MFKS
14-04-2017, 12:22 PM
After a few weeks of back to back games during the week is it no surprise that all of a sudden another game is called off to give the players a break

High time the useless clowns at Northern stepped in and forced some better standards in the pitches.

Absolute joke that after no rain yesterday and bright sunshine today they can't get on

lquiquer
14-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Is Jaffas on?

MFKS
14-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Is Jaffas on?

First grade on
KO at 5pm

They called 18s and 20s off already

Quare Caeruleum
14-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Glad everyone slept through it, but flooding rain fell around 1 to 2 this morning.

hamburgler
14-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Given its 25 degrees, a little windy and dry, surely windy hill would have been playable today. Old fellas must be really tired

MFKS
14-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Magic 1 Kale
Jaffas 1 Griff

JC rose from the dead

What a day

lquiquer
14-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Magic 1 Kale
Jaffas 1 Griff

JC rose from the dead

What a day

Scored.....rose from the dead and left the building...:rof:

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Who is JC and why did he rise from the dead today?

Tommyjet
14-04-2017, 10:32 PM
what this time-
sprinklers left on again
thommson out?
or maybe religious

NNSWF dock what points they have,
piss taking the competition now

From what i have heard its the incompetent maitland council that installed a new path around the fenceline and a new carpark in the offseason. The drains were blocked up because of these works and now when it rains it backs up onto the ground.

onlooker
15-04-2017, 10:23 AM
After a few weeks of back to back games during the week is it no surprise that all of a sudden another game is called off to give the players a break

High time the useless clowns at Northern stepped in and forced some better standards in the pitches.

Absolute joke that after no rain yesterday and bright sunshine today they can't get on

Obviously not from around the Maitland area if you are saying it didn't rain, Tuesday arvo /night we had rain, Wednesday morning it was pouring down even Thursday morning we had a bit of rain then some solid rain around lunch time albeit only for a short period of time. But if you start adding that all together it will cause grounds to be soft under foot and lead to ground closures.
But I would suggest not leading with false statements when calling things an absolute joke.
And no I'm not apart of Maitland I too was rather disappointed the game got called off but being from around here and knowing the rain we have had could understand.

MFKS
15-04-2017, 11:21 AM
36 hours of no rain and the pitch should be draining adequately to get a game on

No excuses.

onlooker
15-04-2017, 11:45 AM
36 hours of no rain and the pitch should be draining adequately to get a game on

No excuses.
36hrs?? Where is that number plucked from?

As I said there was solid rain around lunchtime. ( 12:30-1:30) and with the game kicking off at 2:30 I would say that's considerably less then 36hrs. And with all the other rain that I previously did mention, 26hrs let's say, wouldn't be enough time to get a ground to a fit state.
But keep telling your story's they are a good read.

outsider
15-04-2017, 12:32 PM
36hrs?? Where is that number plucked from?

As I said there was solid rain around lunchtime. ( 12:30-1:30) and with the game kicking off at 2:30 I would say that's considerably less then 36hrs. And with all the other rain that I previously did mention, 26hrs let's say, wouldn't be enough time to get a ground to a fit state.
But keep telling your story's they are a good read.

Funny how every other ground in Northern is apparently playable with the exception of Thornton again.How many games have been played at Cook Square Swamp this year?Even Southy had games on yesterday until their money in the power meter ran out.

onlooker
15-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Funny how every other ground in Northern is apparently playable with the exception of Thornton again.How many games have been played at Cook Square Swamp this year?Even Southy had games on yesterday until their money in the power meter ran out.
Yeah how odd is that all the grounds in the same area are all called off at the same time. Who would have thought that would happen. Maybe there was more rain in the Maitland area then the Newcastle area? But I wouldn't know what the rain has been like in that area. All i can say is all the local grounds in the Maitland area have been closed more days then they have been opened this week.
Talking to a Thornton player earlier this week they have only played two games due to home wash outs so must be some truth to the grounds being too wet!

ForeverRed
15-04-2017, 01:38 PM

All bills are paid outsider, even players are paid, unlike some

The Dunster
15-04-2017, 01:43 PM

I live at Maitland - it rained heavily yesterday. Not for long but long enough. We still have plenty of standing water in the bottom paddock as well so I'm not surprised games are off.

Tonester
15-04-2017, 07:47 PM
1-1 halftime @ Olympic think that Olympic might run over CCB second half.

GO AWAY
15-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Azzurri 2 Azzurri 1

Tonester
15-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I take back my previous post,Olympic are being made to look second rate by Azzurri. They aren't setting the world alight but they're way better than Olympic.

cobra23
15-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Azzurri 2 Azzurri 1

Well I'm tipping azzurri to just beat azzurri

Tonester
15-04-2017, 08:42 PM
Someone needs to let Goody know that he has teammates who often get into better goal scoring positions than him so he should pass the ball to them. Deserved win by Azzurri.

GO AWAY
15-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Azzurri 2 -1 full time , all jokes aside, full of guts and determination from the boys, well done, Magic and olympic in six days .....

GO AWAY
15-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Well I'm tipping azzurri to just beat azzurri

They did

ForeverRed
15-04-2017, 09:36 PM
So Azzurri beat Azzurri, how did Charlestown go

magician
15-04-2017, 10:22 PM
So Azzurri beat Azzurri, how did Charlestown go

Danny Ireland 2 Olympic 1

football_macigian23
15-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Magic 1 Kale
Jaffas 1 Griff

JC rose from the dead

What a day

Good to see Magic kicking back into gear.. If the shooting boots were on, could/should have been 5-1!
Daniel March did fantastically in goals.. Kept them in it

MFKS
16-04-2017, 04:27 PM
HT

Buds V Lakes
1-1
Berlin for Buds
Walker for Lakes

More importantly Buds still have 11 on the park for a change

MFKS
16-04-2017, 05:52 PM
FT

Lakes 2
11 men Buds 1

Blake Green with the winner midway through second half

NED DEVINE
17-04-2017, 06:11 PM
wrong again - shows how much you know - a real team , will always give a game to an asembled buch of mercinaries

NED DEVINE
17-04-2017, 06:13 PM
1-1 halftime @ Olympic think that Olympic might run over CCB second half.

Wrong Again Tonestar .
A real team will always occassionally defeat a team of assembled mercinaries

NED DEVINE
17-04-2017, 06:15 PM
you tell him

NED DEVINE
17-04-2017, 06:16 PM
They had a go , and defeated the other half of Azzurri

MFKS
17-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Bloke is replying to himself now

cobra23
17-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Bloke is replying to himself now

Bloke in deadset on something,
And I want some

ForeverRed
17-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Neds of his head

LongSufferingFan
17-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Seriously random Ned.

winner
17-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Looks like Ned forgot to change to one of his other multi user names before replying to his own comments. Must have been a big Easter weekend

Football_Magic14
18-04-2017, 01:01 AM
Hearing that a certain magic attacker is on the out to another club. Not sure if true or not as heard second hand on Saturday.

Tonester
18-04-2017, 06:10 AM
Wrong Again Tonestar .
A real team will always occassionally defeat a team of assembled mercinaries

WTF does always occasionally mean!

Apollo Creed
18-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Hearing that a certain magic attacker is on the out to another club. Not sure if true or not as heard second hand on Saturday.

lol- not macigian anymore
spelt magic correct this time
:roflz:

Tonester
19-04-2017, 11:29 AM
I wonder if Maitland are willing to play tonight it is fairly cloudy right now.

GO AWAY
19-04-2017, 12:10 PM
I wonder if Maitland are willing to play tonight it is fairly cloudy right now.

Maybe called off, clouds look cumulus not columnibus.

CCB signed bloke called Michael Bru, don't really know him.

Tonester
19-04-2017, 01:12 PM

If he was a Kiwi his name would be Bro.

skippy
19-04-2017, 05:13 PM

Must be Scottish, I believe a relation to Irn Bru.

Hardly Watching
19-04-2017, 05:26 PM

Ask STAGFORLIFE? He might know him. Bru was one of the only few quality players Awaba had this year.

prawnhead
19-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Ask STAGFORLIFE? He might know him. Bru was one of the only few quality players Awaba had this year.

Hahaha

The Spy
19-04-2017, 06:02 PM

Played with Morisset last year in ZPL.

Swanky
19-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Maitland v Olympic
1st Grade 0-2 Goody 18' 87'

Ref let Maitland try and kick Olympic off the park but tactics failed

magician
19-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Goodchild got both

Cabaye#4
19-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Played with Morisset last year in ZPL.

He's a former CCB 19s before doing the rounds in ZL. Bulked/grew up considerably & is a pretty handy player.

GO AWAY
20-04-2017, 09:32 AM

Ok ill just ask him now ...................

He said he had long left Toronto Awaba before Bru got there. so he doesn't know him either.

GO AWAY
21-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Bring back STAGFORLIFE he was a character :)

Azzurri 2 Lambton 1
Edgy 3 O LYMPIC 1
Maitland 4 Valentine 1
Weston 0 Jets 2
A/Town 1 Magic 5

The Magician
21-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Bertos goneeeeeee!!!

MFKS
22-04-2017, 08:45 PM
FT 1-1 Edgy v Olympic

Olympic won 20s 3-1
Olympic won 18s 2-1

magician
22-04-2017, 09:00 PM
FT 1-1 Edgy v Olympic
Olympic won 20s 3-1
Olympic won 18s 2-1

What a pathetic excuse for a football pitch.

Bremsstrahlung
22-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Didn't they just re sow some grass or something? They were in the paper saying the roots haven't had time to dig in or something.

MFKS
23-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Didn't they just re sow some grass or something? They were in the paper saying the roots haven't had time to dig in or something.

That was one of Maitland's many excuses

Judging by the state of the pitch at Edgy it doesn't look like any work been done to it recently anyway

Bremsstrahlung
23-04-2017, 08:16 AM
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4590478/embattled-buds-lose-stalwart-defender/?cs=4783
April 11,2017
** Edgeworth coach Damian Zane is confident Jack McLaughlan Oval’s pitch will be back to its best this year.

The Eagles’ match against the Jets Youth this Saturday was moved to Macquarie Field to allow the rye grass sown this week at Jack McLaughlan Oval to grow.
Attacks from crickets and black beetles, combined with the spraying of a retardant and winter grass remover in February, left the pitch in a poor state.

Zane said grass roots were attacked but “once the rye grass comes through, we’ll be fine and it should get back to what it was like last year”.

The Eagles wanted to move the game to nearby Johnston Park at West Wallsend but Northern NSW Football deemed that ground unsuitable for an NPL fixture.

winner
23-04-2017, 10:13 AM
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4590478/embattled-buds-lose-stalwart-defender/?cs=4783
April 11,2017
** Edgeworth coach Damian Zane is confident Jack McLaughlan Oval’s pitch will be back to its best this year.

The Eagles’ match against the Jets Youth this Saturday was moved to Macquarie Field to allow the rye grass sown this week at Jack McLaughlan Oval to grow.
Attacks from crickets and black beetles, combined with the spraying of a retardant and winter grass remover in February, left the pitch in a poor state.

Zane said grass roots were attacked but “once the rye grass comes through, we’ll be fine and it should get back to what it was like last year”.

The Eagles wanted to move the game to nearby Johnston Park at West Wallsend but Northern NSW Football deemed that ground unsuitable for an NPL fixture.
That ground last night was disgraceful and should be ruled as unfit to play on. The amount of ball that bobbled above players knees was bordering on laughable.
Northern need to inspect the ground and make the same call that was made at Cahill Oval last year.
How do you deem West Wallsend as being unsuitable to hold an NPL fixture and then say that the mudpile at Edgeworth is up to standard.
I paid $10 to watch a good game of football that was spoilt by being played on a cow paddock

hawk
23-04-2017, 11:34 AM
I paid $10 to watch a good game of football

ripoff, goldy at best then spend up on beers and snags

ForeverRed
23-04-2017, 12:43 PM
That ground last night was disgraceful and should be ruled as unfit to play on. The amount of ball that bobbled above players knees was bordering on laughable.
Northern need to inspect the ground and make the same call that was made at Cahill Oval last year.
How do you deem West Wallsend as being unsuitable to hold an NPL fixture and then say that the mudpile at Edgeworth is up to standard.
I paid $10 to watch a good game of football that was spoilt by being played on a cow paddock

Double standards by nnswf, the edgy pitch makes Cahill oval look like Wembley , something needs to be done, people hand over their hard earned for this crap

Imyourhero
23-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Any other games yesty?

MFKS
23-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Any other games yesty?

Heard Valo thumped Maitland 4-0 at Wet Hill

hawk
23-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Valo go top. Shock or is the squad top notch

MFKS
23-04-2017, 06:37 PM
FT

Kurri Flogs 2
Jets Yoof 2

Jets 4-0 in 20s
Jets 5-1 in 18s

Both teams absolute shite really
Three way battle for the spoon between these two and Buds

GO AWAY
24-04-2017, 10:25 AM
What a pathetic excuse for a football pitch.

How they going to play seven games on it on Saturday, should be a good pitch by the time first grade kick off with six games on before it

ForeverRed
24-04-2017, 10:53 AM
It makes Cahill oval look like Wembley

winner
24-04-2017, 03:16 PM
How long will Daniel McBreen get suspended for giving the ref the bird and telling him to eff off

EH9
24-04-2017, 05:33 PM
How long will Daniel McBreen get suspended for giving the ref the bird and telling him to eff off

He will get the mandatory 2 week suspension for 'referee abuse'

MFKS
24-04-2017, 05:44 PM
He will get the mandatory 2 week suspension for 'referee abuse'

What exactly was it that got him so upset anyway??

It just looked like the ref called a foul for pushing/shirt pulling to the defending team for a corner.

Same thing the refs do 5 times a game and no one bats an eye over it let alone do enough to get even a yellow

EH9
25-04-2017, 10:11 AM
What exactly was it that got him so upset anyway??

It just looked like the ref called a foul for pushing/shirt pulling to the defending team for a corner.

Same thing the refs do 5 times a game and no one bats an eye over it let alone do enough to get even a yellow

A minute or so prior to the send off he blew up at the ref after a challenge. My guess is the subsequent free kick, for the shirt pull, tipped him over the edge.

ForeverRed
25-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Personally I'm not a big fan of sport being played on Anzac Day, what's people's thoughts about Adamstown & broadmeadow playing today

Bremsstrahlung
25-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Personally I'm not a big fan of sport being played on Anzac Day, what's people's thoughts about Adamstown & broadmeadow playing today

Idk, it's the same old argument isn't it?
Our veterans fought for our freedom. Part of that freedom is playing and participating in sport.
Imo, playing a game of football in good spirits is a better way to celebrate the day, opposed to getting drunk and fighting people (who also use the same argument of freedom).
If due respect is given, silence at 11:11, maybe a little presentation before first grade. No real issue with it.

Stryker
25-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Numbers do the talking. Decent crowd at the match. A few goals would have bn good but it was played in a good spirit overall.

ForeverRed
25-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Score please

Fairgo
25-04-2017, 07:02 PM
0-0

mervan
25-04-2017, 07:59 PM
A minute or so prior to the send off he blew up at the ref after a challenge. My guess is the subsequent free kick, for the shirt pull, tipped him over the edge.

Arguing with Officials, now an issue with two veterans.

Zane's comments in the paper are interesting if you read between the lines

Retro Jet
26-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Arguing with Officials, now an issue with two veterans.

Zane's comments in the paper are interesting if you read between the lines

Yeah, read that.
"We've got Kieran Sanders back. We’ve got options.”
Is 'options' any good? What position does he play?

Jono469
26-04-2017, 09:59 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4621013/zadkovich-slams-tepid-anzac-day-performance/?cs=2439#disqus_thread

Zadkovich absolutely blowing up.

ForeverRed
26-04-2017, 10:17 AM
So he should I reckon, wasn't the Adamstown coach quoted last week stating that they only play attacking football, no games Anzac Day for me

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Fair play to both Zads and McGuinness.
Zads showing a bit of emotion and candidness is expressing his frustration. Nothing worse than playing against a team that's primary goal is to defend at all costs.
Fair play to McGuinness for getting a point out of magic.

Can certainly see his point. If you're gonna play a game on Anzac Day, at least try to play.

Doggydingo
26-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Good to see Magic in the ANZAC spirit wearing the Bondi Rescue Uniform to play.

MFKS
26-04-2017, 01:24 PM

Disagree FR

If we can play sport on the Religious Holidays we can play sport on this day.

The commemorative services are held around town through the morning day anyway

Once their done a large bulk of the population then embarass themselves by getting blotto and carrying on like the day is about them and disrespect it all at licensed premises.

A bit of sport as an alternative is a better option than drunken dickheads being drunken dickheads

ForeverRed
26-04-2017, 02:17 PM
I agree but I can also see where Reuben is coming from

Zico
26-04-2017, 02:26 PM
As a Magic supporter, I'm disgusted at Rubens comments. These comments are not one of suitable Head Coach and as a former pro footballer I thought he would have know better than to air his yobbo thoughts in the media.
His side lacked the penetration required to break down what looked like a well prepared Adamstown side who frustrated his players and exposed the lack of tactical ability both he and his players have.
Well done to Adamstown for the recognition of the past and present service people and attracting what was one of the bigger regular season crowds I've seen in recent times.

early_to_the_match
26-04-2017, 03:04 PM
And well done to Adamstown for promoting their youth. Young 16 year old recognised by McGuiness in press as a major contributor.

cobra23
26-04-2017, 03:48 PM
As a Magic supporter, I'm disgusted at Rubens comments. These comments are not one of suitable Head Coach and as a former pro footballer I thought he would have know better than to air his yobbo thoughts in the media.
His side lacked the penetration required to break down what looked like a well prepared Adamstown side who frustrated his players and exposed the lack of tactical ability both he and his players have.
Well done to Adamstown for the recognition of the past and present service people and attracting what was one of the bigger regular season crowds I've seen in recent times.

I thought I would keep quite here,
But tend to agree with everything you said zico.
Adamstown to me looked like a game plan to suit the day.
I thought zads should have just zipped the frustration. Knowing him a bit now I think he would have regret some comments slipping from his head and passion.
He will learn from this

Speedymetric
26-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Is Edgey still on tonight?

ForeverRed
26-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Is Edgey still on tonight?

mmm, its a bit cloudy

BP Super Dynamos
26-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Maitland 1 def Weston 0
Edgy 1 def Jets 0

Reds Forever
27-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Anyone know what's the story with normal edgey keeper. Gone from being signed by jets to not getting a game in first grade.

Apollo Creed
27-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Anyone know what's the story with normal edgey keeper. Gone from being signed by jets to not getting a game in first grade.

Red
you answered your own question.
He was signed by the Jets

Lofty
27-04-2017, 09:07 AM

He only just got back from a long overseas holiday.

magician
27-04-2017, 10:39 AM
He only just got back from a long overseas holiday.

And the keeper they have now is twice the keeper foggarty is

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Cavaliere?

Imyourhero
27-04-2017, 02:29 PM
how was cooks square looking last night?

LongSufferingFan
27-04-2017, 03:00 PM
how was cooks square looking last night?

I wasn't there but I live streamed both Maitland and Edgy games last night and the Cooks Square ground looked perfect while Edgy ground was tragic. Edgeworth would be better off playing on the Edgy junior grounds, they would have less pot holes.

GO AWAY
29-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Let's see how edgys pitch is tonight after seven games starting. At 9-30

MFKS
30-04-2017, 05:22 PM
FT
Jaffas 3 Buds 1

Buds won both lower grades 2-0

magician
30-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Olympic 2-0 in 1sts
Olympic 4-0 in both other grades

winner
01-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Has anyone heard of any player movements now that the transfer window has opened up for the next 3 days ?

MFKS
01-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Any games this Sunday being brought forward with the HAL GF on??

GO AWAY
02-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Dan Bartlett to Azzuri

Tonester
02-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Dan Bartlett to Azzuri

Is he from Morisset?

Bon
02-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Is he from Morisset?

He has played for Motown before.

pv4
02-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Is he from Morisset?

He has been in and around NEWFM/NPL for a fair while now. Last NPL club was Edgy a few years back, if memory is correct?

Handy player to have, I reckon.

Bon
02-05-2017, 10:26 AM
He has been in and around NEWFM/NPL for a fair while now. Last NPL club was Edgy a few years back, if memory is correct?

Absolutely.. Love the Swan-Neck..

immersion
02-05-2017, 11:38 AM

The standard in the NPL has improved since he has played in it by the sounds of it.

The kid is prone to a brain explosion. Which leads me to wonder where has left to go to Azzurri? and why?

Tonester
02-05-2017, 01:21 PM
He has played for Motown before.

Does his dad coach at Morisset,think Gary is his name.

Bon
02-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Does his dad coach at Morisset,think Gary is his name.

Gaz used to coach there. I'm not entirely sure if he is coaching anywhere else or having a break atm..

GO AWAY
02-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Absolutely.. Love the Swan-Neck..

Hope we get the big bon man and his old mo-town mates ( you know who I mean ) up there to have an ale and support the swanmeister :)

Hardly Watching
02-05-2017, 06:08 PM
How many clubs has this bloke had??

Morisset
Awaba
Singleton
Kahibah
Valentine
Edgworth
Belswans
Charlestown

Surely the record for most clubs in Newcastle? Does any other player come close?

immersion
02-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Morisset
Awaba
Singleton
Kahibah
Valentine
Edgworth
Belswans
Charlestown

Surely the record for most clubs in Newcastle? Does any other player come close?

Stalker much? lol

Hardly Watching
03-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Stalker much? lol

Mercenary much? lol

NUGUNS
03-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Morisset
Awaba
Singleton
Kahibah
Valentine
Edgworth
Belswans
Charlestown

Also played half a year at Suburbs back in 2011.

Lumberjack might be able to rival that in the Zone Leagues.

Edit: Bugewoi maybe?

Tonester
06-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Is the Olympic Valentine game on BARTV today

Tonester
06-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Olympic down 1-0 halftime

magician
06-05-2017, 06:06 PM
1-1
Looked like a hard pitch to play on

MFKS
06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
1-1
Looked like a hard pitch to play on

The actual cricket pitch or the rest of the joke of a ground??

WhatAGame
06-05-2017, 11:06 PM
All banter aside who do you all think can go all the way and win it this year?

magician
07-05-2017, 12:59 AM
The actual cricket pitch or the rest of the joke of a ground??

About the only thing I'll agree on haha

MFKS
07-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Lakes 2-0 at HT over an incompetent Jets side.
Zane ****ing hopeless as a coach based on this display

2-0 win Jets in the 20s
3-3 draw in the 18s

onlooker
07-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Maitland 7-0 up with 5 to go.

MFKS
07-05-2017, 05:20 PM
FT 3-3 Jets Yoof and Lakes

ForeverRed
07-05-2017, 05:32 PM
FT 3-3 Jets Yoof and Lakes
So does this make zone a better coach then your previous post

GO AWAY
07-05-2017, 05:42 PM

Bye bye Ruben

Hotline
07-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Vs Magic yeah? What on earth happened there?

MFKS
07-05-2017, 05:48 PM
So does this make zone a better coach then your previous post

No not really

To me it more a reflection on Lakes that they didn't hold a 2-0 and a 3-1 lead

There is a lot ****ing wrong with the Jets Yoof
This is easily the worst batch of the lot of them

winner
07-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Where are Zico , Cobra , Terryk and The Magician today

cobra23
07-05-2017, 07:26 PM

I'm here mate.
What do you want us to say?????

winner
07-05-2017, 07:31 PM
I'm here mate.
What do you want us to say?????

What happened ???
What is going on at Magic ???

lquiquer
07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I think Jaffas will have 2 griffs soon... Ryan is back in town

hawk
07-05-2017, 07:56 PM

June 1

BP Super Dynamos
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Hoole sent off after 19 minutes wouldn't have helped Magic's cause

MFKS
07-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Probably sign for Jets as marquee

pv4
07-05-2017, 08:19 PM

I for one blame a game scheduled on anzac day

winner
07-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Hoole sent off after 19 minutes wouldn't have helped Magic's cause

Was apparently 2-0 after 6 minutes ?

pv4
07-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Just saw all the goals from a facebook clip.

Was there 4 penalties, did I count? Magic seemed super reckless in their own box, and it all seemed four-nothing.

Zico
07-05-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm here but hurting.

De-Champ
08-05-2017, 10:59 AM
MFKS is not the maitland mauling of magic pathetic.

MFKS
08-05-2017, 12:26 PM
MFKS is not the maitland mauling of magic pathetic.

Yeah Magic showed complete lack of pride in the shirt to capitulate like that no doubt

What must be even more embarassing is the blokes who got spanked by Magic midweek by 8-0.

How ****ing bad are they going??

cobra23
08-05-2017, 01:23 PM
What happened ???
What is going on at Magic ???

the member summed it up,
No pride in the shirt..
Thats what it looks like to me.
other then that i still cant wrap my head around it.

i know we will bounce back but maybe it might be too late..

De-Champ
08-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Yeah Magic showed complete lack of pride in the shirt to capitulate like that no doubt

What must be even more embarassing is the blokes who got spanked by Magic midweek by 8-0.

How ****ing bad are they going??

Why? they are a division below.
The same division Maitland were in a three or so years ago.

Zico
10-05-2017, 12:02 AM
the member summed it up,
No pride in the shirt..
Thats what it looks like to me.
other then that i still cant wrap my head around it.

i know we will bounce back but maybe it might be too late..
Long way back from 8th. Quality squad on paper so I'm guessing some questions will be asked of Rubes very soon.

MFKS
10-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Long way back from 8th. Quality squad on paper so I'm guessing some questions will be asked of Rubes very soon.

Quality squad on paper but you have a bit of a soft underbelly

Too many walkers in the team

Too top heavy with attacking players not enough graft

Your defence has been your issue really since John Bennis called it a day

Too many blokes on reputation not getting moved on before their use by date was up also

In some regards this result may be exactly what you need to force some change

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 09:12 AM
The Magician hit the nail on the head when he spoke in an earlier post, with great authority, about the culture of parents promoting their kids by actively associating themselves with coaches, managers and committee members. Not only can undeserving players end up in higher grades, but many other players and parents have walked away from the club because of this practice.

The Magician
10-05-2017, 09:17 AM
The Magician hit the nail on the head when he spoke in an earlier post, with great authority, about the culture of parents promoting their kids by actively associating themselves with coaches, managers and committee members. Not only can undeserving players end up in higher grades, but many other players and parents have walked away from the club because of this practice.

Are you referring to Jaffas youth prodigy Michael Williams walking from the club from Ryan Griffiths arrival and subsequent removal from the PPS?

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Are you referring to Jaffas youth prodigy Michael Williams walking from the club from Ryan Griffiths arrival and subsequent removal from the PPS?
Nah. Just talking about your observations of events at Magic.

Zico
10-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Quality squad on paper but you have a bit of a soft underbelly

Too many walkers in the team

Too top heavy with attacking players not enough graft

Your defence has been your issue really since John Bennis called it a day

Too many blokes on reputation not getting moved on before their use by date was up also

In some regards this result may be exactly what you need to force some change
Without a doubt the most accurate post you have made, I fully agree.

The Magician
10-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Nah. Just talking about your observations of events at Magic.

Four Magic Youth players have made their First Grade debut this season, not sure nepotism in Magic's squad selections is at the root of their current issues.

The most vocal parents i was referring to in that previous post had moved on because they had exhausted their relationship with their respective coach, becoming a cancer is each squad. Any committee would be happy to see them leave irrespective of the talent of the individual player, sad but true. Agree with the member also.

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Four Magic Youth players have made their First Grade debut this season, not sure nepotism in Magic's squad selections is at the root of their current issues.

The most vocal parents i was referring to in that previous post had moved on because they had exhausted their relationship with their respective coach, becoming a cancer is each squad. Any committee would be happy to see them leave irrespective of the talent of the individual player, sad but true. Agree with the member also.
You brought up the nepotism with apparently great knowledge on the subject. Certainly strange to hear that those sucking up to the management are the ones to leave while those watching it go on are happy to stay. Sounds a bit back to front to me.
I agree it is a problem everywhere, but you are sticking your head in the sand if you keep ignoring the real reasons why so many left Magic in recent times. Perhaps you are confusing speaking out against nepotism with participating in it.

NED DEVINE
10-05-2017, 12:32 PM
The article in today's NMH by Craig Kerry is 100% spot on . The original concept of the PPS was to reduce player wages , encourage youth players to come through each club's system , and to discourage player " gypsies" moving around for an extra dollar
Not really NNSW fault as it is a National Policy . But it has failed miserably .
The players payments are out of control . One wonders how the club's can manage it all .
The movement of players has not slowed , as clearly shown by Lambton picking up now [8] new players without a points penalty.
So much for youth , again as clearly shown by Lambton , Olypmic are not much better .
All for about $13- $15k in prizemoney
Massive failure to administer the game at the highest level . The PPS was to assist clubs , if anything it has gone the other way .
Basically what they have created in NNSW is a [4] Team comp , with the others busting their nuts , on and off the field to keep up . Hard working volunteers are leaving in droves .
Something has to change for the good of the game .
At the moment in NNSW NPL the [2] biggest spenders have been justified by their current position on the table .
Unfortunately , if you have been around the game long enough , you will understand that this " new money " is all short term stuff .
Look back at Stewarts & Lloyds , Doyalson RSL , Croatia , 3 Versions of Lakes . All short term stuff .
It is no secret that Lambton rely 100% on the business acuman , contacts , networking of just one [1] person .
All short term stuff .
History never lies .
Unless radical changes are made , look forward to a 4 Team comp . Financially it is already with us now .

MFKS
10-05-2017, 01:02 PM
The article in today's NMH by Craig Kerry is 100% spot on . The original concept of the PPS was to reduce player wages , encourage youth players to come through each club's system , and to discourage player " gypsies" moving around for an extra dollar
Not really NNSW fault as it is a National Policy . But it has failed miserably .
The players payments are out of control . One wonders how the club's can manage it all .
The movement of players has not slowed , as clearly shown by Lambton picking up now [8] new players without a points penalty.
So much for youth , again as clearly shown by Lambton , Olypmic are not much better .
All for about $13- $15k in prizemoney
Massive failure to administer the game at the highest level . The PPS was to assist clubs , if anything it has gone the other way .
Basically what they have created in NNSW is a [4] Team comp , with the others busting their nuts , on and off the field to keep up . Hard working volunteers are leaving in droves .
Something has to change for the good of the game .
At the moment in NNSW NPL the [2] biggest spenders have been justified by their current position on the table .
Unfortunately , if you have been around the game long enough , you will understand that this " new money " is all short term stuff .
Look back at Stewarts & Lloyds , Doyalson RSL , Croatia , 3 Versions of Lakes . All short term stuff .
It is no secret that Lambton rely 100% on the business acuman , contacts , networking of just one [1] person .
All short term stuff .
History never lies .
Unless radical changes are made , look forward to a 4 Team comp . Financially it is already with us now .

These 8 that Jaffas have got

Go through how they not getting points penalty??

The Magician
10-05-2017, 01:47 PM
You brought up the nepotism with apparently great knowledge on the subject. Certainly strange to hear that those sucking up to the management are the ones to leave while those watching it go on are happy to stay. Sounds a bit back to front to me.
I agree it is a problem everywhere, but you are sticking your head in the sand if you keep ignoring the real reasons why so many left Magic in recent times. Perhaps you are confusing speaking out against nepotism with participating in it.

I'm well aware of why so many players have left, its quite simple really. Lack of turn over in first grade, nothing more nothing less... if you have something to say then say it...

But players are given the opportunity and they must show the drive and commitment to be better than Piddo or Haynes or Griffiths... Parents telling players they should be playing first grade is hilarious when you see how these boys train with established first graders. They all have the opportunity to train together at Magic, senior squad (U20's and NPL) is one. What do you do with your time in that environment, is up to you- Mummy and Daddy can't stop the ball for you so you can have a shot, this is senior football. No coach is going to take a chance on a kid untried and tested, if they are showing promise at training, then they will get a chance. But most kids dont get there coz they lack the drive and concentration to be good trainers, then get frustrated that they hit their development road block, lack patience then blame the club for their inability to take the next step, then move clubs only to lose to Magic in the youth grade they just left when they were promised they would be playing up.

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm well aware of why so many players have left, its quite simple really. Lack of turn over in first grade, nothing more nothing less... if you have something to say then say it...

But players are given the opportunity and they must show the drive and commitment to be better than Piddo or Haynes or Griffiths... Parents telling players they should be playing first grade is hilarious when you what how these boys train with established first graders. They all have the opportunity to train together at Magic, senior squad (U20's and NPL) is one. What do you do with your time in that environment, is up to you- Mummy and Daddy can't stop the ball for you so you can have a shot, this is senior football. No coach is going to take a chance on a kid untried and tested, if they are showing promise at training, then they will get a chance. But most kids dont get there coz they lack the drive and concentration to be good trainers, then get frustrated that they hit their development road block, then blame the club for their inability to take the next step, then move clubs only to lose to Magic in the youth grade they just left when they were promised they would be playing up.
So thats why all those 14 and 15 year olds left. They had been overlooked for first grade at that age. Shame on them. But at least you can keep blaming the parents and not yourselves. And if you were so glad to see these supposed trouble makers go, why all the groveling to try and keep them.
Sure it takes hard work and commitment to make it in this sport. But thinking making Magic first grade is the pinnacle is probably why you can't see the real problem.

The Magician
10-05-2017, 02:19 PM
So thats why all those 14 and 15 year olds left. They had been overlooked for first grade at that age. Shame on them. But at least you can keep blaming the parents and not yourselves. And if you were so glad to see these supposed trouble makers go, why all the groveling to try and keep them.
Sure it takes hard work and commitment to make it in this sport. But thinking making Magic first grade is the pinnacle is probably why you can't see the real problem.

Hahahaahaha... those players left because their parents destroyed the team. Parents fighting with parents on the sidelines. Parents ridiculing players players and coaches in front of their kids... Parents trying to coach from the sidelines... Parents demanding whole team meetings once a month to complain about the coach. Suck it up and tell your boy to try his hardest, and if the grass is greener go. It wasn't grovelling, it was accommodating, and i'm assured by the committee it wont happen in the future with the new technical direction and coaching structures, if you don't fit in, go, no meetings, no panels, see you later. Stop trying to live your failed excuse for a football career through your childrens' and let them play.

It was not ideal that the appointed coach left a month before the season started to take up an elite position at the mariners, so the club was in a tight situation to appoint a coach on the eve of the season. And the coach did absolutely great considering top 7 players quit because the elite coach left. lucky we have an inter-district comp and basically promoted that team.... And we still finished mid table.

ForeverRed
10-05-2017, 02:44 PM
This belongs in the youth forum, move on please

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Hahahaahaha... those players left because their parents destroyed the team. Parents fighting with parents on the sidelines. Parents ridiculing players players and coaches in front of their kids... Parents trying to coach from the sidelines... Parents demanding whole team meetings once a month to complain about the coach. Suck it up and tell your boy to try his hardest, and if the grass is greener go. It wasn't grovelling, it was accommodating, and i'm assured by the committee it wont happen in the future with the new technical direction and coaching structures, if you don't fit in, go, no meetings, no panels, see you later. Stop trying to live your failed excuse for a football career through your childrens' and let them play.

It was not ideal that the appointed coach left a month before the season started to take up an elite position at the mariners, so the club was in a tight situation to appoint a coach on the eve of the season. And the coach did absolutely great considering top 7 players quit because the elite coach left. lucky we have an inter-district comp and basically promoted that team.... And we still finished mid table.
Interesting. Everyone else seems to think those players left because that "elite" coach and his "elite" son had joined the team. Remember they had left before his change to the mariners. And 21 points adrift of 4th spot, and 8th on the table, is hardly "mid table".
But keep telling yourself it's those who left the club that are the problem. You might start believing it, and it's easier to accept than one's own shortcomings.

The Magician
10-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Interesting. Everyone else seems to think those players left because that "elite" coach and his "elite" son had joined the team. Remember they had left before his change to the mariners. And 21 points adrift of 4th spot, and 8th on the table, is hardly "mid table".
But keep telling yourself it's those who left the club that are the problem. You might start believing it, and it's easier to accept than one's own shortcomings.

Yeah well the tables look pretty good now, so they must have resolved the shortcomings.

early_to_the_match
10-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Yeah well the tables look pretty good now, so they must have resolved the shortcomings.
I guess you have to look up an age group or 2 now considering they have all gotten older. Certainly nothing special going on.
But don't get me wrong, Magic will attract players. They are a strong club and any success should be encouraged. But you and others have sought to lay blame on parents and not your own poor decisions. Most parents I have heard from had no input or connection with coaching or selecting and said nothing through the year. When they walked at season end, they were blamed for causing trouble. Players are sacked for poor performance. So it is hardly surprising that players would choose to leave clubs when coaches, technical directors and even committees are underperforming, or relying on misinformation. If you recall these teams did quite well. Did you get your feedback regarding parents from certain "connected" individuals, or were you on the sideline and at the training sessions with these younger teams seeing what goes on for yourself?

mervan
10-05-2017, 09:15 PM
I guess you have to look up an age group or 2 now considering they have all gotten older. Certainly nothing special going on.
But don't get me wrong, Magic will attract players. They are a strong club and any success should be encouraged. But you and others have sought to lay blame on parents and not your own poor decisions. Most parents I have heard from had no input or connection with coaching or selecting and said nothing through the year. When they walked at season end, they were blamed for causing trouble. Players are sacked for poor performance. So it is hardly surprising that players would choose to leave clubs when coaches, technical directors and even committees are underperforming, or relying on misinformation. If you recall these teams did quite well. Did you get your feedback regarding parents from certain "connected" individuals, or were you on the sideline and at the training sessions with these younger teams seeing what goes on for yourself?

Well thank god for that, cause the reason Magic got beaten 7 nil is because the 15's players and parents walked out. Thank god for that we can all get some sleep tonight.

hawk
10-05-2017, 11:30 PM
These 8 that Jaffas have got

Go through how they not getting points penalty??

Stop whinging and enjoy

NED DEVINE
11-05-2017, 04:33 PM
This belongs in the youth forum, move on please

100% correct

Quare Caeruleum
11-05-2017, 09:41 PM
100% correct
You do understand kids get older and don't stay in Youth forever!! I believe some of these kids are now playing first grade.
So very relevant to certain good and bad performances in Seniors comp.

NED DEVINE
12-05-2017, 11:57 AM
P l e a s e !!!!

One Eyed
12-05-2017, 12:40 PM
You do understand kids get older and don't stay in Youth forever!! I believe some of these kids are now playing first grade.
So very relevant to certain good and bad performances in Seniors comp.

If there are 16-17yo (as the member identified the cleanout at Broadmeadow was 15s?) playing first grade can we now end the debate about u20s. Given first grade has 16-17year olds playing in it... Obviously don't need a 23s comp.

Quare Caeruleum
12-05-2017, 01:29 PM
P l e a s e !!!!
Don't you mean "t h a n k y o u"?

Lofty
12-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Tips for the weekend you bunch of children??

Magic v Jets
Maitland v Jaffas - Draw
Olympic v Lakes
Edgeworth v Valentine
Weston v Charlestown - Draw

The Spy
12-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Tips for the weekend you bunch of children??

Magic v Jets
Maitland v Jaffas - Draw
Olympic v Lakes
Edgeworth v Valentine
Weston v Charlestown - Draw

Magic
Maitland
Draw
Draw
Charlestown

NED DEVINE
12-05-2017, 03:37 PM
show me a list of 16 & 17 year olds regularly starting and with which clubs .

Lofty
12-05-2017, 03:47 PM
show me a list of 16 & 17 year olds regularly starting and with which clubs .

Ned stop worrying about lists of kids names - that's creepy. Put it to bed mate.

NED DEVINE
12-05-2017, 04:02 PM
as usual
Parents making it up there would be less than a handful regularly starting

Y Bloo?
12-05-2017, 04:39 PM
as usual
Parents making it up there would be less than a handful regularly starting
Regardless of starting or bench player in first grade, most of these kids are now playing in seniors therefore the relevance was proven. If you don't like the topic use the scroll button and move to next comment.
But please stop blaming parents for kids leaving and ignoring the real reason so many walked. Best to listen and learn and not make the same mistakes again. Arrogance doesn't win premierships.

LongSufferingFan
12-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Can we get back to the football please???

Magic v Jets (proviso only if Kristian Brymora plays 90 mins)
Maitland v Jaffas (Pies looking real strong)
Olympic v Lakes (Do yourself a favour and get to the 18s game if going to watch - best two teams in 18s IMO)
Edgeworth v Valentine (not convinced about Edgeworth this year)
Weston v Charlestown (Home ground advantage should get weston over the line)

MFKS
13-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Magic improved out of sight this week

Winning 2-1 at HT v Jets Yoof

Jets won 20s 4-2
1-1 draw in 18s

MFKS
13-05-2017, 05:17 PM
FT 5-1 Magic

The Magician
13-05-2017, 11:23 PM
How good is Jack McLaughlin at the moment

cobra23
14-05-2017, 04:02 PM

Just watching it on bartv. How the **** can NNSW allow football to be played at this mine field.
A ball was just passed to a valentine player who went to boot it and the ball hit one of the million holes and Bunny hopped virtually straight over his head.
How embarrassing

MFKS
14-05-2017, 04:20 PM
HT at Windy Hill

1-1

Jaffas on top but an equaliser out of nothing at the end of the first half from Ryan Clarke

I assuming it him and not someone else

Still surprised these blokes at Maitland are playing in this light rain.

What gives today ??

U20s and 18s 3-1 both grades to Maitland

MFKS
14-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Jaffas now 2-1 up

But they now down to 10 after a second yellow

MFKS
14-05-2017, 05:20 PM
FT 2-1

Jaffas the dominant side for 65 mins until they ended up at 10

That was the catalyst for Maitland getting a foothold in the game

Even then they couldn't get across the line

Jaffas the superior side by along way

Don't know how these Maitland blokes so high up the table based on this display

Imyourhero
14-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Chelsea dominated by Man U in a 2-0 loss the other week, can't believe they've won the Premier League. Absolute embarrassment of a competition.

14-05-2017, 06:53 PM
A luckless 1-1 draw for Olympic against Lakes,

Tonester
14-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Chelsea dominated by Man U in a 2-0 loss the other week, can't believe they've won the Premier League. Absolute embarrassment of a competition.

Don't believe this is the correct thread for this post,maybe you could start a new one,you could possibly name it thread for wankers.

ForeverRed
14-05-2017, 08:19 PM
That's probably the worst pitch I've seen for an npl game ever at edgeworth today, including Cahill oval, not worth the entry fee

Imyourhero
14-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Don't believe this is the correct thread for this post,maybe you could start a new one,you could possibly name it thread for wankers.

Actually abit of sarcasm for MFKS

MFKS
14-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Actually abit of sarcasm for MFKS

Just calling it as I seen it.

I haven't seen any of Maitland until today.
I scratching my head how they so high up the ladder based on what I seen

May have been an off day for them but if that is their normal standard then they a bit behind the top teams

NED DEVINE
15-05-2017, 04:43 PM
That's probably the worst pitch I've seen for an npl game ever at edgeworth today, including Cahill oval, not worth the entry fee

Weston not much better , and Lisle Carr not far behind .
All clubs will tell you it's down to overuse
Club's need to do what they do in Sydney and lots of other places . That being play their youth teams at an alternate venue .
Grounds , mostly maintained by volunteers , simply cannot cope with around 140 games a year , that includes trials .
Edgeworth have had other problems . Weston is the worst I've seen it .

But try selling that to all these new age " entitled parents" . They must play on the main pitch and that's that .
You don't get to play on Marconi Stadium unless it's a Grand Final till your a senior player .
It now seems a god given right that every 13 year old needs to play on any club's #1 pitch .

All clubs should have a 2nd venue .

Y Bloo?
15-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Club's need to do what they do in Sydney and lots of other places . That being play their youth teams at an alternate venue .
Grounds , mostly maintained by volunteers , simply cannot cope with around 140 games a year , that includes trials .

But try selling that to all these new age " entitled parents" . They must play on the main pitch and that's that .
You don't get to play on Marconi Stadium unless it's a Grand Final till your a senior player .
It now seems a god given right that every 13 year old needs to play on any club's #1 pitch .

And here we go again. Ned starts blaming parents for everything, then complains that the discussion doesn't belong in this blog. At least we can assume Neds not a parent and be thankful for him not diluting the gene pool.

Nou Camp
15-05-2017, 05:27 PM
councils need to start understanding that football is the most played sport in the county (and will continue to grow) and start allocating fields and funding based on that
we currently share a field with rugby league, AFL and cricket and despite our best efforts to maintain it (without any help from other codes or council) the amount of traffic is starting to wear the grass down as it get used 6 or 7 days of the week
then you will see other codes fields only being used a couple of times a week and council throwing money at them

The Acolyte
15-05-2017, 07:15 PM

Not real good, I'd heard he died.

Onehunglow
15-05-2017, 08:55 PM
councils need to start understanding that football is the most played sport in the county (and will continue to grow) and start allocating fields and funding based on that
we currently share a field with rugby league, AFL and cricket and despite our best efforts to maintain it (without any help from other codes or council) the amount of traffic is starting to wear the grass down as it get used 6 or 7 days of the week
then you will see other codes fields only being used a couple of times a week and council throwing money at them

And NNSW football who have been administering the game for decades (80 + years) and all they have to show for it in Newcastle is 3 full size training pitches built at Speers Point 3 years ago (Plus the 5's cash cow). NNSW Football is a gravy train where they use volunteers to collect their fees for them.

Players are asked to pay healthy rego fees and are expected to train on third world training facilities which can't handle a few days rain.

If you pay NPL type fees, you should be GAURANTEED you get two sessions a week on acceptable standard training facilities. This doesn't happen.

The people who administer the game don't give a toss about the standard of training and playing facilities outside of Speers Point Then, if you want to train in the wet weather, you pay NNSW $100 per hour for a 20 x 30 five a side pitch.

What a business they have there! Time to invest something back into the game I would have thought.

hamburgler
15-05-2017, 09:37 PM

All clubs should have a second venue??

Surely you jest?

Most struggle with the cost and maintenance of 1 venue, let alone a second.

late_to_the_game
15-05-2017, 11:43 PM
But from a NNSW point of view, player races are more important than the surface!

The Women's Premier League looks like it might have to comply with the NEWFM facility requirements next season, so some of the clubs are going to have to find facilities that do.

Council suggesting MORE sharing of facilities, like what happens at Adamstown #1.

I would have to check, but I suspect that it is a NNSW requirement for the youth to play their main games at complying facilities.

MFKS
16-05-2017, 06:34 AM
All clubs should have a second venue??

Surely you jest?

Most struggle with the cost and maintenance of 1 venue, let alone a second.

Well maybe if they paid their players less money it wouldn't be an issue??

Can spend hundred grand a year in wages but cant maintain a second pitch let alone the first one??

Question though that has to be asked if the majority in Sydney's NPL can have artificial pitches then how come not one of our clubs has made the effort to get one ??

Bremsstrahlung
16-05-2017, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure artificial pitches are that great tbh.
If you can properly maintain your first pitch, it shouldn't be necessary.
We used to train at Glendale once a week, that field was brilliant. Flat, no bobble, short grass, bit of dew on it, it was brilliant.
Artificial pitches are all weather, but that's kinda where the positives stop. Give me a good grass pitch over artificial any day.

How do hybrid pitches compare? I imagine it'd be much much more.

leftrightout
16-05-2017, 09:06 AM

This is probably the most real comment i have read on the Foz for a long time, it is something i know a lot of club experience. We are really the only code who require the pitch to be in its best possible condition. The lack of money and effort put in by councils, associations etc is embarrassingly low and yet you have clubs with volunteers putting in their own time (and a heap of it) and clubs money to improve the facilities and fields the best they can all for others to come in and ruin it with the quantity of traffic. It really does feel like you are fighting a losing battle!
Sorry i know slightly off topic (belongs in its own thread as im talking community grounds like Suns) but its such a huge thing in my opinion.

Pierre Essers
16-05-2017, 09:59 AM
This is probably the most real comment i have read on the Foz for a long time, it is something i know a lot of club experience. We are really the only code who require the pitch to be in its best possible condition. The lack of money and effort put in by councils, associations etc is embarrassingly low and yet you have clubs with volunteers putting in their own time (and a heap of it) and clubs money to improve the facilities and fields the best they can all for others to come in and ruin it with the quantity of traffic. It really does feel like you are fighting a losing battle!
Sorry i know slightly off topic (belongs in its own thread as im talking community grounds like Suns) but its such a huge thing in my opinion.

Spot on here.

Having played a fair bit in Sydney the major difference is that they have more fields to train on, plus more fields with lights - gives the No.1 grounds time to recover during the week somewhat and be in better nick for the weekend.

The youth teams still get a good run on the better fields, however there would be no way they would be training on them during the week.

NED DEVINE
16-05-2017, 11:04 AM
And here we go again. Ned starts blaming parents for everything, then complains that the discussion doesn't belong in this blog. At least we can assume Neds not a parent and be thankful for him not diluting the gene pool.

Brad
You are so ill informed , bordering on simpleton

NED DEVINE
16-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Typo
I meant Brett

Y Bloo?
16-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Typo
I meant Brett
Now you are really showing your ignorance.

Stanley
16-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Outstanding Post Ned, CCB will have a second venue next year that will alleviate overuse issues at Lisle Carr.

prawnhead
16-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Typo
I meant Brett

I thought you boys were going to sort it out and punch on at Edgy v Charly a few weeks back....

mervan
16-05-2017, 10:03 PM

I watched an u/14 match there 6 years ago, they played Rugby League at the joint the day before, get your facts right before talking off the top of your head. Clubs if they are fair dinkum need to spend money on there grounds rather than players, thats what community clubs do!!