PDA

View Full Version : 2017 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

The Magician
26-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Which ongoing problems at Darling st are you talking about

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4752694/strike-duo-back-to-bolster-blues-for-2018/?cs=306

GO AWAY
26-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Smith and goodchild to Azzurri ... welcome home boys

hawk
26-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Champion team will always beat a team of champions ..... congrats valo

Jaffas the better team and more chances but Valo clinical in the box. Take it if you can

ForeverRed
26-06-2017, 07:30 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4752694/strike-duo-back-to-bolster-blues-for-2018/?cs=306

So tancheski has signed 5 players already for next season, the player merry go round continues, the development and promotion of young players just never happens, as a coach I'd take what was at the club and test my coaching abilities, but no, give me a team of heroes so I can get my name on a trophy, just doesn't add up to me, to find where you stand as a coach you need to coach under difficulties etc etc, some people just never get it, good luck to Azzurri, but wow, I just don't get it

hawk
26-06-2017, 09:09 PM
So tancheski has signed 5 players already for next season, the player merry go round continues, the development and promotion of young players just never happens, as a coach I'd take what was at the club and test my coaching abilities, but no, give me a team of heroes so I can get my name on a trophy, just doesn't add up to me, to find where you stand as a coach you need to coach under difficulties etc etc, some people just never get it, good luck to Azzurri, but wow, I just don't get it

It has never been about juniors progressing with one club. Its an eternal myth. Players have changed clubs or get poached at all levels forever.

You get the occasional couple who stay regardless (ID 3rd grade are the club men) but sadly growing a club doesnt happen.

btw isnt Smith going home anyway?

hawk
26-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Have to "play where you live" rule :rof::rof:

Apollo Creed
26-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Smith and goodchild to Azzurri ... welcome home boys

congratulations Boris!
no more pies and bacon egg rolls for you for a while, these boys want to be paid weekly lol

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2017, 11:27 PM
He said he went to Olympic with the boys, back to azzurri with the boys.

Could we see some birds/swans back at azzurri?

GO AWAY
27-06-2017, 07:39 AM
He said he went to Olympic with the boys, back to azzurri with the boys.

Could we see some birds/swans back at azzurri?

Nope

winner
27-06-2017, 09:43 AM

I heard rumours last night that there will be a lot more following those 2 out the gates at Darling st this year

Boris Wonderville
27-06-2017, 10:25 AM
the mighty eagles have one Keanu Moore back - wont matter who else other clubs sign

De-Champ
27-06-2017, 10:29 AM
It has never been about juniors progressing with one club. Its an eternal myth. Players have changed clubs or get poached at all levels forever.

You get the occasional couple who stay regardless (ID 3rd grade are the club men) but sadly growing a club doesnt happen.

btw isnt Smith going home anyway?

Surely MFKS would have issue with this.

Stanley
27-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Which ongoing problems at Darling st are you talking about

I think you have your answer Winner

EH9
27-06-2017, 03:17 PM
why would CCB want Bird or the swans back and how would they fit them under PPS as wouldn't they all be 15 points and isn't it dropping again next year to something like 160 total??- I watched a few of their younger guys play at Maitland and they went ok but that is only one game I guess- they did get beat 5 nil by the eagles and looked average that night but the coach wouldn't have them in first grade if they were no good.
GA you seem to be in the know up there- who are the other 3 you have signed??

Kevin Davidson, Grant Brown and Riley McNaughton

ForeverRed
27-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Wow, not exactly setting the house on fire, back up players at best

Football lover
27-06-2017, 06:10 PM
aren't the Swanies going away again next year- still good players with plenty to offer but don't think they will end up at the blues. you are right Boris- we wouldn't fit them in points wise as they would be 15 each

Have herd on the vine edgy have gauged an interest in a player who has just come back from injury at his current club for next season be interesting to see what develops there.

EH9
27-06-2017, 09:53 PM
aren't the Swanies going away again next year- still good players with plenty to offer but don't think they will end up at the blues. you are right Boris- we wouldn't fit them in points wise as they would be 15 each

Think you might find they played some youth team football at Charlestown so would be eligible for a discount.

Stanley
28-06-2017, 01:48 PM
an Olympic star by any chance

They will get him

Blueboy
28-06-2017, 04:03 PM
They will get him

Unlikely

GO AWAY
28-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Gunna be wet old night out at Macquarie Field if it's still on

Apollo Creed
28-06-2017, 07:12 PM
why would CCB want Bird or the swans back and how would they fit them under PPS as wouldn't they all be 15 points and isn't it dropping again next year to something like 160 total??- I watched a few of their younger guys play at Maitland and they went ok but that is only one game I guess- they did get beat 5 nil by the eagles and looked average that night but the coach wouldn't have them in first grade if they were no good.
GA you seem to be in the know up there- who are the other 3 you have signed??

come on boris, asking yourself questions?

Boris Wonderville
28-06-2017, 07:17 PM
well you are way off on that assumption Apollo- keep guessing as your first guess is wrong....

GO AWAY
29-06-2017, 10:25 AM
So Magic get NEWfm Grand Finals this year, Edgeworth ( worst ground in the comp ) get WPL Grand Finals .... why do NNSW insist on feeding the bigger clubs more $$$$.

The Magician
29-06-2017, 10:51 AM
So Magic get NEWfm Grand Finals this year, Edgeworth ( worst ground in the comp ) get WPL Grand Finals .... why do NNSW insist on feeding the bigger clubs more $$$$.

Invest in it and they will come.... invest in it and they will come...

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2017, 10:51 AM
I'd argue their grounds are the best set up to cater for spectators.
At least in terms of seating.

GO AWAY
29-06-2017, 11:26 AM
I'd argue their grounds are the best set up to cater for spectators.
At least in terms of seating.

Lyall Peacock ( least they compete in the Newfm comp ) best everything.

MFKS
29-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Heard the ****s at Northern are raising rego fees in another 500k a year cash grab all in the name of improving facilities

They considered cutting the cloth accordingly and getting rid of some of the Speers Point mango suckers??

Or better yet insisting the club's paying their players cut the wage bill back and spend the money on facilities??

Everyone says there isn't enough money in the game in this country

Well it there
It just incorrectly managed

Apollo Creed
29-06-2017, 12:06 PM
well you are way off on that assumption Apollo- keep guessing as your first guess is wrong....

sorry sparky- someone new today maybe

Boris Wonderville
30-06-2017, 01:19 PM
agree 100%-Edgy surface is not as bad as everyone keeps saying and the guys will have it right for the finals. Yes it was horrible in first two rounds but it is ok now.
The seating is better than most grounds.

The only thing I will concede on is the warm up areas are not ideal but not many clubs have good warm up areas in this comp

EH9
30-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I note that one club seems to have brushed the NPL Weekly shows 'challenge' segment, even the refs have got themselves involved!!! Sad really.

Stryker
30-06-2017, 07:26 PM
I note that one club seems to have brushed the NPL Weekly shows 'challenge' segment, even the refs have got themselves involved!!! Sad really.

dealing with the big issues. they're having a bit of fun, why do you really care?

EH9
30-06-2017, 08:54 PM
dealing with the big issues. they're having a bit of fun, why do you really care?

Did I get the wrong forum for NPL discussions?

You are exactly right my friend, the idea of the segment is a bit of fun......... therefore a little sad that we couldn't manage to get all clubs to join in (thought it might please you to give the refs a pat on the back).

tucker's daughter
01-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Yeah i agree EH9. The segment is called Smudge's challenge amd after everything Smudge ( Damien Smith ) has done at Magic , for Magic to be the only club to not send 2 players along is very poor.
I actually heard the refs were organised at the last minute as a replacement for the Magic no show

magician
01-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Olympic 2 jets 1
No way they should of won that game. 2 late goals again

magician
01-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Bud 4 valo 2. Valo 2 nil up at half time.
Jaffas 3 lakes 1

onlooker
02-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Maitland V Edgy
18's
3-1
20's
1-1
1st
1-1 halftime

onlooker
02-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Maitland V Edgy
18's
3-1
20's
1-1
1st
1-1 halftime

1-2 full time Edgy

MFKS
02-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Magic won 2-0 v Azzurri

Should have won by half a dozen really

Played out the last 20 with 10 men

Must say Zads has Magic looking a lot better without Haynes in the side.

Looks like they finding a bit of balance with their front line and midfield

Heard the U20s finished 9-0 to Magic but thought it sounded a piss take

GO AWAY
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
20s was correct, only one keeper in the club, 16s keeper played 18s, 20s keeper was a field player, took attacking midfielder off at 2-0 down and sat him on bench for 90 minutes in first grade. Not a good day for the blues, least the 18s won.

hawk
02-07-2017, 09:29 PM
1-2 full time Edgy

goal in the 93rd. Thompo had kiddie rant about something. Was onside btw

Goal scorer for Edgy is just outside 6 yard box. footy for ya

onlooker
02-07-2017, 10:09 PM
goal in the 93rd. Thompo had kiddie rant about something. Was onside btw

Goal scorer for Edgy is just outside 6 yard box. footy for ya

Maitland player wins header from corner heads it to unmarked Edgy player, who then directs it to another unmarked Edgy player. Who scores (that's how I saw it from the far end anyway)

Maybe his rant needed to be directed at his teammates for lack of marking and ergency in their own box late in the game.

The Magician
02-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Maitland player wins header from corner heads it to unmarked Edgy player, who then directs it to another unmarked Edgy player. Who scores (that's how I saw it from the far end anyway)

Maybe his rant needed to be directed at his teammates for lack of marking and ergency in their own box late in the game.

How bad was injury to Matty Cromo... bad tackle or just running?

onlooker
03-07-2017, 08:32 AM
How bad was injury to Matty Cromo... bad tackle or just running?
Not really sure mate didn't know there was anything wrong until he came off, possibly a thigh injury but not really sure.

The Magician
04-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Tanch drags anothr blue to the blues

winner
04-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Tanch drags anothr blue to the blues

Who has he signed now?

Football_Magic14
05-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Who has he signed now?

Grant Brown from olympic.

winner
05-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Grant Brown from olympic.

So that's 3 players that have left Olympic already , how many more will follow ?
Has anyone heard of anyone else

magician
05-07-2017, 10:31 AM
So that's 3 players that have left Olympic already , how many more will follow ?
Has anyone heard of anyone else

Know the swans are on their way out aswel

Dontknowmuch
05-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Know the swans are on their way out aswel

Makes you wonder what the Olympic Committee maybe thinking? Sign new coach, players start leaving your club in big numbers the team he got sacked from starts stringing a few results together under a rookie coach with the same players he had to pick from. Could this be an end of a long long succesful period for Olympic. Only time will tell I suppose but the pressure is surely on already.

Walker
05-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Makes you wonder what the Olympic Committee maybe thinking? Sign new coach, players start leaving your club in big numbers the team he got sacked from starts stringing a few results together under a rookie coach with the same players he had to pick from. Could this be an end of a long long succesful period for Olympic. Only time will tell I suppose but the pressure is surely on already.

Ok first post but here we go.

I would think that incoming coach has had some input into players he wishes to keep or let go. Olympic have been strong in youth the last few years and incoming coach has strong credentials in that area, also I would expect he has several new signings
I see Olympic youth as big winners and possibly Azzuri youth as big losers

early_to_the_match
05-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Ok first post but here we go.

I would think that incoming coach has had some input into players he wishes to keep or let go. Olympic have been strong in youth the last few years and incoming coach has strong credentials in that area, also I would expect he has several new signings
I see Olympic youth as big winners and possibly Azzuri youth as big losers

Olympic not short of quality young players ready to fill the gaps if results in 20s and 18s are anything to go by.

Walker
05-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Yes agree, perhaps it's time for a clean out. Otherwise they risk losing their promising young ones.

On the other hand bring too many older players in and you risk losing your promising young ones

Looks like some tough decisions have been made at Olympic, you have to appreciate that.

magician
05-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Yes agree, perhaps it's time for a clean out. Otherwise they risk losing their promising young ones.

On the other hand bring too many older players in and you risk losing your promising young ones

Looks like some tough decisions have been made at Olympic, you have to appreciate that.
Or maybe they have all left because Bolchy isn't their anymore.

Walker
05-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Yes
Or maybe the reason Bolchy moved on. My understanding is it was mutual for both parties
Maitland wanted Bolch,he was happy to go there and him moving on allowed the prodigal son to return and rebuild to those glory days of yesteryear.

Good result for all involved

Blueboy
06-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Yes
Or maybe the reason Bolchy moved on. My understanding is it was mutual for both parties
Maitland wanted Bolch,he was happy to go there and him moving on allowed the prodigal son to return and rebuild to those glory days of yesteryear.

Good result for all involved

Well your understanding is way off.

Walker
06-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Well your understanding is way off.

Maybe I misunderstood
Happy to hear your version

Tonester
09-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Goody n Smith must already be playing for CCB, they keep on giving them the ball. Seriously Olympic are getting worse week in week out. They can forget about winning anything this year as far as firsts go.

Tonester
09-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Think Bolchy has lost the plot also.How he continues to play Lucas and Pratt is beyond me. They are the biggest under achievers in a team devoid of any purpose or belief.

Tonester
09-07-2017, 05:18 PM
A 2-1win against a side with nothing to play for is just papering over cracks.Edgy n Magic will really test Olympic

Blueboy
09-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Think Bolchy has lost the plot also.How he continues to play Lucas and Pratt is beyond me. They are the biggest under achievers in a team devoid of any purpose or belief.

Tell us your team tonester?

prawnhead
09-07-2017, 07:34 PM
A 2-1win against a side with nothing to play for is just papering over cracks.Edgy n Magic will really test Olympic

Curious as to how Daniel went today Tony?

GO AWAY
09-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Please advise how far offside cooper was scoring the winner ..... embarrassing

Speedymetric
09-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Credit where credit's due the Edgey pitch is a massive improvement on the start of the season. Well done to the volunteers responsible.

namwob99
09-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Please advise how far offside cooper was scoring the winner ..... embarrassing

Camera angle on the news didn't look great.

Stryker
09-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Camera angle on the news didn't look great.

i think it is alot closer than you think.

its a poor camera angle, parallax view. if you work off the 18y line as an indication, the defender in the middle of the park is the one keeping cooper onside. any doubt and you go with advantage to the attack.

Tonester
10-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Curious as to how Daniel went today Tony?

As well as the rest unfortunately. Think he might be elsewhere next year too.

Tonester
10-07-2017, 08:01 AM
not happy hey Tonester-do you think any of them played well boss?? wow I didn't think it was that bad and you did get 3 points

I thought the Blues dug in and fought well and made it as hard as they could. Always difficult when you are playing a good side and we will welcome Smithy, Goody and Mr Brown with open arms next season
Not sure if it was Bolchy or the committee that lost the plot but good to see us getting back some key ex blues we cant wait to see them come home.......

Watching the game you would think that a lot of the players were being paid per touch. Passes are made 2-3 touches later than necessary slowing down their game. I'd be doing 2 touch at training with these guys.

GO AWAY
10-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Watching the game you would think that a lot of the players were being paid per touch. Passes are made 2-3 touches later than necessary slowing down their game. I'd be doing 2 touch at training with these guys.

Maybe get a " B " license so you can coach, Olympic will be much better for it. BTW, there were two teams out there yesterday, one full of young blokes, who took it to Olympic, give credit where credit is due, take the mile offside goal off them, please don't say it was onside, and give Azzurri the penalty for the handball in the box and these young blokes probably win the game, not because Olympic were bad, but maybe Azzurri were full of enthusiasm and tried there guts out.

Tonester
10-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Maybe get a " B " license so you can coach, Olympic will be much better for it. BTW, there were two teams out there yesterday, one full of young blokes, who took it to Olympic, give credit where credit is due, take the mile offside goal off them, please don't say it was onside, and give Azzurri the penalty for the handball in the box and these young blokes probably win the game, not because Olympic were bad, but maybe Azzurri were full of enthusiasm and tried there guts out.

Had a B license for 10 years, coached State League both Sydney and Melbourne. Don't get me wrong I believe Charly should have definitely got at least a point. The second goal was metres offside no doubt.

early_to_the_match
10-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Had a B license for 10 years, coached State League both Sydney and Melbourne. Don't get me wrong I believe Charly should have definitely got at least a point. The second goal was metres offside no doubt.
Checked the goal on Bartv. I was able to pause on pass being released. Comparing line of 18 yard box, striker did not appear to be in front of defender to his left. Seems correct decision from sideline official.

ForeverRed
10-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I watched the game, yes plenty of enthusiasm but honestly they were never in it in the second half, the kid who came on upfront wouldn't get a start in most league Nader 20 teams he was that poor

Tonester
10-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't think Olympic have played anywhere near as they did last year ,it seems as if people are prepared to settle for mediocrity. By rights Edgy are far above any other team by quite a distance,we'll see Olympics credentials next weekend. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it could be a one sided game.

MFKS
10-07-2017, 06:37 PM
I don't think Olympic have played anywhere near as they did last year ,it seems as if people are prepared to settle for mediocrity. By rights Edgy are far above any other team by quite a distance,we'll see Olympics credentials next weekend. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it could be a one sided game.

Same Edgy side who have lost twice to the Jaffas this season??

Hey I agree Edgy are a great side but come finals time the Jaffas have more than enough ability to roll them

Just as Magic and Olympic do on their day

Magic are looking good at the moment whether they have left their run to late is a worry though but if they get in the finals with their recent form no ****er is going to want to face them

Tonester
11-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Same Edgy side who have lost twice to the Jaffas this season??

Hey I agree Edgy are a great side but come finals time the Jaffas have more than enough ability to roll them

Just as Magic and Olympic do on their day

Magic are looking good at the moment whether they have left their run to late is a worry though but if they get in the finals with their recent form no ****er is going to want to face them
Yes,the same Jaffas that lost twice to Valentine. I know anyone can beat anyone else but to be fair Edgy do look the obvious favourites. Must admit though Magic are looking a good bet for the finals. I think Valentine or Olympic are going to miss out.

winner
11-07-2017, 01:09 PM

Should be an interesting week at training for Daniel after his dad has bagged out half of his teammates and his coach.
What goes through that head of yours Tonester

Tonester
11-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. My comments won't affect anyone who enjoys watching technically good football. I can't condone mediocrity,if people are thin skinned and can't handle criticism(be it fair or not in their opinion) doesn't worry me and I'm certain Daniel Bird won't give a toss what people may or may not think or say.

Stanley
12-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Interesting comments from Pascoe in the herald

Alton
12-07-2017, 02:15 PM

I can't believe Mr Moneybags allows this mediocrity, surely they want to win everything.

winner
12-07-2017, 03:59 PM

What a load of shit from Pascoe. Embarrassedby Edgeworth and knocked out of the Ffa cup. Outplayed by Magic and handed the minor premiership to Edgeworth.

prawnhead
12-07-2017, 04:26 PM
What a load of shit from Pascoe. Embarrassedby Edgeworth and knocked out of the Ffa cup. Outplayed by Magic and handed the minor premiership to Edgeworth.

Pascoe has been found out coaching at this level before.

Got his opportunity at the Jets through his relationship with GVE when Deansy didn't have the qualifications to coach the youth team.

With the coin Jaffas have spent and the players they have signed, should be doing way better than what they are on a 'whole club' basis. Very concerning is the performance of all the sides within the club below the first team - very poor.

Maybe all will be delivered during the third year of Pascoe's tenure.

Still being found out at this level in my opinion.

MFKS
12-07-2017, 06:56 PM
In some regards Pascoe does have a couple of issues

Griff and Ryan Griff what they do bring in experience and quality don't have the legs they once did

That not an easy thing to have to manage a game plan around

The loss of Jobe has really hurt them that is pretty obvious

To me the biggest issue is that to me Pascoe has too many first team level players and is in some regards handicapped by having too many options

You would think by this time of year he would though have settled on his preferred 11 and benched the rest

BodyNovo
13-07-2017, 09:52 AM
I have only seen Jaffas play 3 times all year, round 1 against olympic and the back to back fixtures against edgeworth including the ffa cup.

Imo its obvious that Jaffas rely on Jobe

when they beat edgeworth at edgeworth Jobe cut every play out edgeworth run, next week zane drops mcbreen to #10 to counteract Jobe still no different. Jobe goes down injured. Jaffas collapse.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they are a 1 man team especially with the likes of griffs, Remington, kanta, etc. but they seem to tick with Jobe in the side.

Magic are the dark horses and like the member said they are the one I wouldn't want to face.

edgeworth are my tip though still especially with Keanu back.

The Magician
15-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Jets 1-0 Weston
Jaffas 2-2 Azzurri
Pies 2-2 Valo... Valo with 10 men

GO AWAY
15-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Azzurri 2 Jaffas 2 .... Azzurri missed a penalty , Lambton second goal .. NO GOAL !!!

ForeverRed
15-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Azzurri 2 Jaffas 2 .... Azzurri missed a penalty , Lambton second goal .. NO GOAL !!!
Apparently it was allowed, 2 all

hamburgler
15-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Apparently it was allowed, 2 all

Think GA said the same thing last week!

ForeverRed
15-07-2017, 08:36 PM
I think your right, we may have an angry parent in our mist

early_to_the_match
15-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Watched goal on bar tv several times. Hard to see for sure, but I doubt if ref or linesman could have seen clearly if ball had rolled out over goal line before being pushed back into field. Certainly players from both side seemed to stop playing as ball rolled in goalmouth. Most waiting for ref to call up play.

winner
15-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. My comments won't affect anyone who enjoys watching technically good football. I can't condone mediocrity,if people are thin skinned and can't handle criticism(be it fair or not in their opinion) doesn't worry me and I'm certain Daniel Bird won't give a toss what people may or may not think or say.

Can't wait for the Tonester to do his match report after tomorrow's game

ForeverRed
16-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Wow, there's 90 minutes of my life won't get back, olympic's c v edgeworth, I don't recall either keeper having to make a save, snooze fest

De-Champ
16-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Wow, there's 90 minutes of my life won't get back, olympic's c v edgeworth, I don't recall either keeper having to make a save, snooze fest

Should have watched magic v Adamstown
Magic won 3-0 could have been 10 -0

GO AWAY
16-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Riley mcnaughton to Charlestown

EH9
16-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Think we cleared that up a few weeks ago

Blueboy
16-07-2017, 07:04 PM

Huge signing, so that's 3 fringe ex/ current jaffas to the blues.
Look out

Tonester
16-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Can't wait for the Tonester to do his match report after tomorrow's game

No-one is happier than I at the turnaround in form by Olympic .I have to say that I feel my previous post on team selection may have been useful in securing the much improved performance. People may have thought that I was being a tad harsh on certain players but the non involvement of Lucas and Pratt and cameo by Smith certainly allowed a more fluent and compact showing. The Swan boys and Hodges were terrific and have put the Olympic train back on the tracks. Someone with pull must be taking notice.

Tonester
16-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Huge signing, so that's 3 fringe ex/ current jaffas to the blues.
Look out

Hahahaha.( Sorry didn't mean to laugh).

Fairgo
16-07-2017, 11:42 PM
No-one is happier than I at the turnaround in form by Olympic .I have to say that I feel my previous post on team selection may have been useful in securing the much improved performance. People may have thought that I was being a tad harsh on certain players but the non involvement of Lucas and Pratt and cameo by Smith certainly allowed a more fluent and compact showing. The Swan boys and Hodges were terrific and have put the Olympic train back on the tracks. Someone with pull must be taking notice.

Just to clarify Pratt is out injured.

Tonester
17-07-2017, 07:16 AM

You have to admit the team functioned better yesterday with those selections and that shape than they have for a number of weeks now. Maybe his injury helped the team. Hope he's ok though.

GO AWAY
17-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Josh Maguire to Weston

immersion
17-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Josh Maguire to Weston

C'mon. The guy can play. But he has unfortunately lost his legs. Piggo is looking for experience to help his young group, but I don't think this is the right decision. It might work out, I am wrong often enough.

Tonester
17-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Heard a rumour that Pratt is going back to the Central Coast to play for his old man.

The Magician
17-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Heard a rumour that Pratt is going back to the Central Coast to play for his old man.

Or spotted at a cafe with Tanch...

winner
17-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Or spotted at a cafe with Tanch...

Who hasn't been spotted at a Cafe with Tanch

Planex
17-07-2017, 02:11 PM
C'mon. The guy can play. But he has unfortunately lost his legs. Piggo is looking for experience to help his young group, but I don't think this is the right decision. It might work out, I am wrong often enough.

Heard that weston have just released young players that were playing 1st grade.

Walker
17-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Good results for Olympic, looking strong across all three grades

18's 6-1' 20's 5-1 and 1-0 firsts

Hopefully the plan is for the younger ones to progress thru and McGuinness can develop them

Not sure if it was Olympic played really well or Edgy were off or a bit of both, didn't like Bizzarri at 6 but watching Pasquale in the 20's he seems to off his game as well, premiers not looking strong in that position

Interesting run home now, I think magic will slip into the four, but not sure who will fall ?? Gonna be good to watch.

Walker
17-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Just watched this on bar tv
I can't say either way, ball in or out, but will say under 6 stuff to play to ref's whistle

Play on

Walker
17-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Also just watched red card from yesterday's U/20 match Olympic v Edgy. Terrible decision from ref who was 30m away
Edgy keep clearly heads ball first in the contest. Hope he can use this footage, not sure but would definitely help him

immersion
18-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Also just watched red card from yesterday's U/20 match Olympic v Edgy. Terrible decision from ref who was 30m away
Edgy keep clearly heads ball first in the contest. Hope he can use this footage, not sure but would definitely help him

An absolutely horrible decision. I wonder how the referees address such a poor decision?

What was the score up until the send off?

Texas Ranger
18-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Only problem I saw was elbow to the head by keeper.

Walker
18-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I think it was 1-1 at the time.
I'm not looking to bag ref, it's a tough gig, my only question was about her positioning and if she had been closer to the play would she have made a different decision, but all in hindsight

As for elbow, 50-50 contact for me, keeper braces for contact with striker, here's a question, could the striker have pulled out ??

The Magician
18-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Danny Ireland to Charlestown!!!

magician
18-07-2017, 05:29 PM
What's that now 6 gains and 1 loss. Yep surely will fit in the PPS

The Magician
18-07-2017, 05:59 PM

She'll be right... Jaffas signed 11... Still plenty of room.

MFKS
18-07-2017, 07:53 PM
this could send them broke, not sustainable with out a heavy backer

But I remember the days before Olympic and Magic were the big dogs when Azzurri were the silvertails of the comp

Aren't they just spending like they use to back in the day??

hawk
18-07-2017, 09:20 PM
But I remember the days before Olympic and Magic were the big dogs when Azzurri were the silvertails of the comp

Aren't they just spending like they use to back in the day??

Of course but when it's not your team its a crime. :lulzturtle:

Walker
19-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Looks like Azzurri have made the decision to go hard to improve on their ordinary performances over the last few years, good on them.
I think these days you have to try and compete with the Magics, Jaffa's, Edgeworths etc, can't just let them dominate

Is it sustainable?? Who knows, as long as their committee is smart and strong and knows when to say no.

Look at the strong clubs, they have strong committees, more importantly presidents with business nous, get your back of house in order.

If Azzurri have done this and have a sustainable business plan, go for it, if it's just throwing money around to buy competition points, well it won't last long

The Magician
19-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Tanch has a new signing at Charly....

Boris Wonderville
19-07-2017, 07:18 PM
What goes on in the back offices at clubs is amazing at times.
Olympic touch us in 2 grades on Sunday ( real easy wins) and play a holding game and block us out in first for I must admit, a well deserved win- well done to the coach and the players.
They are minor premiers in 18s and 20s with 4 games to go and clearly the best two sides in each competition and should win the club championship.
Edgy will still win firsts but gee, they are going ok.

Seems a good time to change the head coach hey????????????

As for the Blues- I guess they had to decide if they wanted to be competitive or continue to drop away- I just had a look at their junior results and they look terrible- plenty to do but I guess it starts at the top and whoever is running the club now has made a call.
Good luck to them

GO AWAY
19-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Please elaborate ?? Haha

MFKS
19-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Shayne Price to Jaffas next year as Assistant Manager

prawnhead
19-07-2017, 11:22 PM

Heard off a good source today that Jobe could be on his way to Charlestown too...

Football lover
20-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Heard off a good source today that Jobe could be on his way to Charlestown too...

Herd tonight next yr Simon mooney back to Olympic.

The Magician
20-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Unlikely...

Beppe
20-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Well the paper today / yesterday discussed Sneddon stepping back his involvement with the Jaffas, if he pulls his cash out as well might be more lucrative for Jobe to go to Azzuri, so i can see this as a possibility.

magician
20-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Well the paper today / yesterday discussed Sneddon stepping back his involvement with the Jaffas, if he pulls his cash out as well might be more lucrative for Jobe to go to Azzuri, so i can see this as a possibility.
My thoughts exactly. Let's see how much loyalty the players will show if the cash dries up abit since sneddo is going

Alton
20-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Oxborrow on his way a real lifeline to Valo

Dontknowmuch
20-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Who are the Six?

Goodchild
Smith
Davidson
McNaughton
Ireland

I must be missing one. Then you add the Swann brothers. Thats 8

Has he retained any of the current squad other than the keeper who will now plays 20's? And who would want to stay when all the above would be on huge money, cant see too many wanting to play for win bonuses. There would have to be $50k tied up in the above 5 players i would have a guess and say that would be more than the clubs whole budget for the 7 teams and coaches this year.

Stanley
20-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Oxborrow on his way a real lifeline to Valo

Edgeworth and Jaffas (33 points) are too strong and have the runs on the board to finish top 4
Hamilton (31 points) and with 4 games to play should finish top 4
I think Maitland (25 points) have fallen too far behind to finish top four
Leaving Valentine (32 points) and Magic (30 points) to fight it out for the final spot
Valentine have Hamilton, Edgeworth and Weston to play, at best 4 points to finish the season on 36 points
Magic have Maitland, Jets and Hamilton to play, with Oxborrow I would have said 9 points, without at best 6 points to finish the season on 36 points
Final places could be settled by goal difference

winner
20-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Mr Brown from Olympic is number 6- your dollars are miles wrong but that doesn't matter I guess on a forum where everyone guesses.
And
yep plenty retained from this years squad I am told and I am sure they will announce these in a block.Spud going to Weston but the rest of the usual names from the Blues stars should be there- just be patient ( and envious)

The Swans keep coming ????? you must know something no one else does
When you add in the 6 new guys ( plus maybe a few more yet) to the 7 or 8 guns they keep plus the best 6 or 7 young guys from this years group and you will have a pretty strong team I would suggest- and win bonuses should be a bit easier to obtain........

I have watched Charlestown play about half a dozen times this year and I am yet to see these 7 or 8 guns that you refer to ? I would say they have 1 gun in Ferguson, not 7 or 8

Tanch
20-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Another coach filling his stocking so he looks good, why can't he come in and coach without the so called superstars, oh that's right, I'm not good at coaching the players pull me through, some blokes just don't get it, hats off to the ones that do, Piggott, sills etc, at least they can sit down at end of season and reflect on their coaching and what a coach should stride to achieve,

Just got on here to read about local football, then read this sort of garbage.
My first and final post;

Hi Brad,
That worked really well for south Cardiff didn't it, at least they have kept loyal people, I assume your still involved and havnt jumped ship since they went down?
That's what all of the successful clubs do, I mean i see mourinho going into man utd and just coaching what he has!!
Do you think the strongest clubs in newy, edge, Olympic, magic, Jaffas say to their first grade coach, now don't bring in any players so we can see how good you can coach!
Some of the Dumbest words I have heard in a forum

FYI
As I know you have an issue with me from all of your posts, here's some fact to fill your mouth with.
I have coached for 9 years across 4 divisions and won GFs in all 4 divisions, this was with 2 clubs who were both second last when I went there.
I have never finished outside the 4.
I'm not sure how you judge successful or a good coach,

I went to Jaffas when they were 2nd last in newfm and had not paid a player, I helped build the club on and off the field.

I am now at Charlestown, for 5 years they have had a low player budget, do you think the money fairies have just dropped out of the sky and gone oh tanch is there, we will give him a big sack of cash! I have been given the same player budget as this year. I am coaching first grade, part of that is building and balancing a team you believe can do well in the comp.
As you have said out of your own mouth about my signings, they are fringe players, hardly set the world on fire! We are building within our budget and some guys are not all money chasers.

It would be good to see guys happy to see teams build well and do well and have some ambition rather than sit back jealous and bag the hell out of people on a forum. We are all football tragics who love the game, just support different teams.

I have looked back at all of your comments, wow you are a pretty jealous bloke who nothing but negativity to say
If you would like to discuss anything in person, happy to sit down and have an intelligent chat with you rather than bag the shit out of people on the forums.

Before you bag people trying to make a difference ask yourself a question...
What have you achieved mr Robb??

Hope to see some positive stuff on here.

ForeverRed
20-07-2017, 07:03 PM
I've achieved plenty mate, happy with my lot, I dont see it as personal you obviously do, I don't believe we've met personally, I apologise if this upsets you, happy to to talk over a beer, as I live only a hundred yards from azzurri I watch them regularly and I hope they do well, no I'm not at south Cardiff, after 18 years playing, coaching and admini I gave it away, my time is spent now on the hunter men of football committee helping families in need, once again sorry if this upset you

The Magician
20-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I've achieved plenty mate, happy with my lot, I dont see it as personal you obviously do, I don't believe we've met personally, I apologise if this upsets you, happy to to talk over a beer, as I live only a hundred yards from azzurri I watch them regularly and I hope they do well, no I'm not at south Cardiff, after 18 years playing, coaching and admini I gave it away, my time is spent now on the hunter men of football committee helping families in need, once again sorry if this upset you

And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight?
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

prawnhead
20-07-2017, 07:51 PM
correct me where I am wrong but:
Valo this season do have a few new faces don't they-the two "local " home grown American boys including the leading scorer in comp who is a gun- Dan Minors from premiership winning Edgy- Didn't Petite come from magic as some time it goes on- that's ok for mine- good on Valo, they recruited really well and deserve success. I know they are in the market like every other club- you have to be

Didn't Piggo just sign former A league Player Josh McGuire from the Blues as well?

If you live down the road- get on board- Foreverblue sounds much better and many hands makes light work-

I thought Tanch is doing what he was asked to do at the Blues- get some players in to support and strengthen what we have

Good luck to Tancheski and CCB I say!

But don't you try and tell us too sparkster (like Tancheski stated) that it is being done on the same budget as this year. Statements like that are where you start to lose a bit of credibility.

But then again with the year that I'm sure you guys will have next year, any credibility lost will be restored.

And for the record, while Tancheski has had some success in his 9 years, the majority of those years involved paying players well over and above what other teams in the same comp were paying.

But Like he said, that is football and all the best to him!

Quare Caeruleum
20-07-2017, 08:02 PM
My first and final post;

Hi Brad,
That worked really well for south Cardiff didn't it, at least they have kept loyal people, I assume your still involved and havnt jumped ship since they went down?
That's what all of the successful clubs do, I mean i see mourinho going into man utd and just coaching what he has!!
Do you think the strongest clubs in newy, edge, Olympic, magic, Jaffas say to their first grade coach, now don't bring in any players so we can see how good you can coach!

FYI
As I know you have an issue with me from all of your posts, here's some fact to fill your mouth with.
I have coached for 9 years across 4 divisions and won GFs in all 4 divisions, this was with 2 clubs who were both second last when I went there.

I went to Jaffas when they were 2nd last in newfm and had not paid a player, I helped build the club on and off the field.

I am now at Charlestown, for 5 years they have had a low player budget, do you think the money fairies have just dropped out of the sky and gone oh tanch is there, we will give him a big sack of cash! I have been given the same player budget as this year. I am coaching first grade, part of that is building and balancing a team you believe can do well in the comp.
As you have said out of your own mouth about my signings, they are fringe players, hardly set the world on fire! We are building within our budget and some guys are not all money chasers.

It would be good to see guys happy to see teams build well and do well and have some ambition rather than sit back jealous and bag the hell out of people on a forum. We are all football tragics who love the game, just support different teams.

I have looked back at all of your comments, wow you are a pretty jealous bloke who nothing but negativity to say
If you would like to discuss anything in person, happy to sit down and have an intelligent chat with you rather than bag the shit out of people on the forums.

Well said and good luck with next season. Bringing that many new and established players into a team (I acknowledge many of them are returning) can get results, but on the negative side is the message it sends to the up and coming younger players. Not that CCB has an abundance of strength in the lower grades.
However, one of the biggest problems I see is the lack of real quality coaches throughout the region. Coaches that make a difference and can attract players seeking to win, or learn and develop, and not just mercenary players. Without knowing you but reading your resume I can only assume you must be one of the few coaches that attracts players based on your ability.

MFKS
20-07-2017, 10:09 PM
My first and final post;

Hi Brad,

FYI

So Tanch are you coming back on here to reply to posts critical of your side/your coaching next year when Azzurri lose a game or what??

Because for what were pretty placid comments from FR who wasn't exactly swinging hay makers you did get a little defensive about his opinions

terry
20-07-2017, 10:28 PM
My first and final post.

hahaha this sentimental drip.

These are real football supporters Tanch, who banter very well from their different clubs view. Some can go a little overboard but these arent the fans who hang at their own clubs bar every Sunday bagging every other club in the league, dribbling crud and mindlessly praising their own 11 which you dont seem to like anyway.

Yes, you have done very well and are skilled at what you do but in here and rightly so, you're only an equal football bloke who wont get smoke blown up his ass which you might be used to.

It can be a shock to some but you'll get used to it.

Now, get back to being one of the best coaches in the league (without big budgets) ya sook.

GO AWAY
21-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Well that escalated quickly ��

LongSufferingFan
21-07-2017, 08:48 AM
:popcorn:

LongSufferingFan
21-07-2017, 08:49 AM
For what it is worth it would be much more entertaining if every NPL coach posted weekly on the foz.

ForeverRed
21-07-2017, 09:26 AM
I didn't mean any harm, I just like to see people challenge themselves, if I was wrong about the new Azzurri coach, so be it

magician
21-07-2017, 09:35 AM
hahaha this sentimental drip.

These are real football supporters Tanch, who banter very well from their different clubs view. Some can go a little overboard but these arent the fans who hang at their own clubs bar every Sunday bagging every other club in the league, dribbling crud and mindlessly praising their own 11 which you dont seem to like anyway.

Yes, you have done very well and are skilled at what you do but in here and rightly so, you're only an equal football bloke who wont get smoke blown up his ass which you might be used to.

It can be a shock to some but you'll get used to it.

Now, get back to being one of the best coaches in the league (without big budgets) ya sook.

Atleast he has the guts to come on here and defend himself, your still hiding behind a username. But good for you

Bon
21-07-2017, 09:40 AM
:popcorn:
This thread just continues to deliver..
5 stars..

cobra23
21-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Like sands through the hour glass, these are the DAYS OF OUR LIVES...

MFKS
21-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I didn't mean any harm, I just like to see people challenge themselves, if I was wrong about the new Azzurri coach, so be it

No need to back down FR

Your opinion isn't that hard hitting and OTT
Nothing to apologise for

Your entitled to it and it does have merit

The Magician
21-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Whats going on at Weston?

Nou Camp
21-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Whats going on at Weston?

trackwork

Dontknowmuch
21-07-2017, 12:24 PM
My first and final post;

Hi Brad,

FYI

I get all what you have done and good on you for helping a very successful club get back up the top, but SAME budget as this season please. If there wasnt good money on offer the players wouldnt come, goes for any club.

Just been no mention about any current players being retained and the large number of signings would be alarming for incumbent 1st graders and upcoming juniors.

Jardelsimage
21-07-2017, 01:03 PM
can we have the "is he a coach or is he a manager" argument now........:popcorn:

Apollo Creed
21-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I get all what you have done and good on you for helping a very successful club get back up the top, but SAME budget as this season please. If there wasnt good money on offer the players wouldnt come, goes for any club.

Just been no mention about any current players being retained and the large number of signings would be alarming for incumbent 1st graders and upcoming juniors.

budget easy
new rego $1300 per player, and be paid by October 2017 to pay for 2015 players
Total of players 6 teams x 16= 96 players x $300 more than current= $28,800 on top of current budget
same budget + more rego cost
genius

The Magician
21-07-2017, 02:15 PM
budget easy
new rego $1300 per player, and be paid by October 2017 to pay for 2015 players
Total of players 6 teams x 16= 96 players x $300 more than current= $28,800 on top of current budget
same budget + more rego cost
genius

And Bingo was his name-o

Apollo Creed
21-07-2017, 07:48 PM
On facebook today it says the mighty Blues have signed a number of the current crop and a few key under 20s players who have played firsts at different stages this year. Still working through the squads with new coaches I guess.
Archy, Tull ,Sullini, Purcell, Pippen , Tressider, Cook, Mcsorely (all signed) and I know they have spoken to and agreed with a few others as well.

The 18s are a good side under Greg Smith and Mark Wilson who has the 20s next year has been watching their games and was at training Monday night I was told and they will keep the better kids from that team for sure as they are very tight

I also heard they signed Lachlan Hill ( assume this is true), who was with the jets youth for about 4 years this week which is another great get for the club in terms of longer term strength and building for the future

you hear alot sparky:wink:

NED DEVINE
21-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Well well well sparky has crawled out of Tanch arse . Must have been tight up there
No mention of Rene Ferguson
In respect of Azzurri
Let's just hope the promised money actually arrives .
Because I can tell you talk is cheap
They like all clubs need workers , not ego maniacs .
Forever red will never change
Let's just hope some of the handful of decent kids at Azzurri dont get left behind .
Especially when a lot of their parents are on the committee .
People like Sparky hunt with the hounds and run with the foxes .
An absolute imposter in the game . If Tanch keeps him close it will be very much like " the rhyme of the ancient mariner "
For those with any sort of intellect
Last word
If Tony Maj had the badge he would be coaching Azzurri in 2018
Sparky resigned 3 times , except as the self appointed coffee and cone man for Smithy

Charman
22-07-2017, 01:14 AM
All this leads to one thing. I will now be rolling down the hill to watch what I expect to be a very good Azzuri side. Good on them. Why so many haters on progress and want for success? I am more than happy to finally have my local team attract such a compliment of quality players. May even splurge on a few "forever blue" cans.

Tonester
22-07-2017, 07:24 AM
I don't think that it's the case of hating any one team, the problem appears to be that people don't like any team but their own picking up quality personnel and having the coin to spend. The people who are bagging out CCB are the same as the ones who supported other teams doing the same.

Boris Wonderville
22-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Did Alex Read sign with Mick Bolch at Maitland this week? Wonder if he will get sacked from last few games?

De-Champ
22-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Did Alex Read sign with Mick Bolch at Maitland this week? Wonder if he will get sacked from last few games?

Hi Peter

Apollo Creed
22-07-2017, 10:16 AM

sparky left the building- BUT boris is back

Walker
22-07-2017, 10:30 AM
With all the talk about Azzurri, worth mentioning great initiative tonight, 6pm kick off

Might just go and watch

Beast
22-07-2017, 11:01 AM
I don't think it's people hating on clubs but more a matter of clubs getting a cash injection and splashing it on buying in a mass of players. Whilst I understand coaches can have some pulling power I think most regular first players are chasing the $. Doesn't really show much of a,pathway for their U20, 18's. I would prefer to see some incentive from NNSW to have clubs develo their players, obviously the PPS doesn't work. What about if a club fields junior players they get $ towards ground costs. Maybe having to feild x amount of U20/18's in the first team who have played 2 or 3 seasons with the club. I don't know just a though current system is a fail.

namwob99
22-07-2017, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's people hating on clubs but more a matter of clubs getting a cash injection and splashing it on buying in a mass of players. Whilst I understand coaches can have some pulling power I think most regular first players are chasing the $. Doesn't really show much of a,pathway for their U20, 18's. I would prefer to see some incentive from NNSW to have clubs develo their players, obviously the PPS doesn't work. What about if a club fields junior players they get $ towards ground costs. Maybe having to feild x amount of U20/18's in the first team who have played 2 or 3 seasons with the club. I don't know just a though current system is a fail.

It did work, but then got watered down to be pretty much non-existent now.

sparky
22-07-2017, 12:13 PM

Beast - one of the best ideas I have heard for a while.
The PPS doesn't work as designed and the drop back to under 20s has actually backfired and made it harder to get younger guys ready for first grade

Texas Ranger
22-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Beast - one of the best ideas I have heard for a while.
The PPS doesn't work as designed and the drop back to under 20s has actually backfired and made it harder to get younger guys ready for first grade
I don't mind some older players being allowed to play in 20s. Training and playing with more experienced players is a great way to learn. Rather than shove the over 30+ year olds out, let them mentor young players while enjoying their last few seasons. They can still cover for 1st grade if needed and good club men willing to fill these rolls are worth their weight in gold.

MFKS
22-07-2017, 01:48 PM
I don't mind some older players being allowed to play in 20s. Training and playing with more experienced players is a great way to learn. Rather than shove the over 30+ year olds out, let them mentor young players while enjoying their last few seasons. They can still cover for 1st grade if needed and good club men willing to fill these rolls are worth their weight in gold.
The over 30+ brigade have no god given right to be playing in the NPL system

If they are good enough at that age they are playing first grade

If they ain't then it high time they found their level whether that be New FM or one of the Zone Leagues

This line of thinking that these plodders get driven out of the club is complete horseshit

Start up an open grade side like Olympic and Magic have so all the club mencan still keep playing at their appropriate level when they ain't good enough for NPL level any more

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Well the answer to the argument of whether or not to keep older players, target youth development etc is what you see the competition as. What is the aim of the competition.
Is it to produce the next Socceroo? Is it to produce players for the Jets, is it to make the NPL a good competition and rightful quality to that expected of a second tier national competition.
Each of these options requires a different methodology to get there.

If the aim is produce talent - put age restrictions. If they ain't good enough for first grade at 20 they ain't making the Socceroos.
If aim is a league, age restrictions could work but most players are picked up by a league are in the junior setups. But again, if you ain't playing a league at 20 there's not too much hope. But currently there's opportunity for players to play for jets NPL.
If aim is having a strong competition, piss off age restrictions, bring in a salary cap if concern is there and go from there.

De-Champ
22-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Well the answer to the argument of whether or not to keep older players, target youth development etc is what you see the competition as. What is the aim of the competition.
Is it to produce the next Socceroo? Is it to produce players for the Jets, is it to make the NPL a good competition and rightful quality to that expected of a second tier national competition.
Each of these options requires a different methodology to get there.

If the aim is produce talent - put age restrictions. If they ain't good enough for first grade at 20 they ain't making the Socceroos.
If aim is a league, age restrictions could work but most players are picked up by a league are in the junior setups. But again, if you ain't playing a league at 20 there's not too much hope. But currently there's opportunity for players to play for jets NPL.
If aim is having a strong competition, piss off age restrictions, bring in a salary cap if concern is there and go from there.

Salary cap has really worked hasn't it??? And what is the difference between salary cap and points cap???
What the member said is 100% correct.
The fact is there are 100 different views on this forum, none of which suit everybody.

Texas Ranger
22-07-2017, 04:01 PM
The over 30+ brigade have no god given right to be playing in the NPL system

If they are good enough at that age they are playing first grade

If they ain't then it high time they found their level whether that be New FM or one of the Zone Leagues

This line of thinking that these plodders get driven out of the club is complete horseshit

Start up an open grade side like Olympic and Magic have so all the club mencan still keep playing at their appropriate level when they ain't good enough for NPL level any more
2 sides to the argument re older players. I still believe they have a value to the club (if good enough) as a player and mentor to juniors. If good enough to be in squad there shouldn't be an argument. However, by never being allowed to play down they deny younger players the chance to play up, be it from the bench or starting. Sometimes players need game time if they are coming back from injury or needing to regain confidence. Not every player is a walk-up start for first grade every match. So does a coach carry every over 20 player, regardless of week to week form and deny the youngsters a chance, or do we allow the current arrangement giving flexibility and opportunity to those deserving of such.

MFKS
22-07-2017, 06:29 PM
2 sides to the argument re older players. I still believe they have a value to the club (if good enough) as a player and mentor to juniors. If good enough to be in squad there shouldn't be an argument. However, by never being allowed to play down they deny younger players the chance to play up, be it from the bench or starting. Sometimes players need game time if they are coming back from injury or needing to regain confidence. Not every player is a walk-up start for first grade every match. So does a coach carry every over 20 player, regardless of week to week form and deny the youngsters a chance, or do we allow the current arrangement giving flexibility and opportunity to those deserving of such.

That still false info

A club can currently play First Grade standard players in the 20s if they so desire

Early this year I watched Magic flog someone in the 20s and they had Dino Faj and Matt Hoole who would get a start at all clubs in the NPL running around in the 20s as they had not got a spot in first grade for them

I even commented on it in this thread

I watched Magic the other month playing someone in the 20s I thinking Azzurri and they had 3-4 first graders on the park

So clubs can play blokes down to bring them back from injury, find form ,drop for discipline etc

What you though are advocating is clogging the system up with over age players on the downhill of their career coming out the arse end of first grade and just sitting in the 20s preventing opportunity to the 18s coming through

If the player isn't good enough for first grade any more the club has to be brutal and say so

It is after all a competition where selection is based on ability and merit. It not everyone wins a prize any more

There always a day you are not good enough for the level you once we're at. It happens to EPL players it happens to Socceroos it happens to HAL players

The coaches make a decision and everyone moves on

Why is an NPL player entitled to keep living the dream when time has passed him by??

Zico
22-07-2017, 08:07 PM
That still false info

A club can currently play First Grade standard players in the 20s if they so desire

Early this year I watched Magic flog someone in the 20s and they had Dino Faj and Matt Hoole who would get a start at all clubs in the NPL running around in the 20s as they had not got a spot in first grade for them

I even commented on it in this thread

I watched Magic the other month playing someone in the 20s I thinking Azzurri and they had 3-4 first graders on the park

So clubs can play blokes down to bring them back from injury, find form ,drop for discipline etc

What you though are advocating is clogging the system up with over age players on the downhill of their career coming out the arse end of first grade and just sitting in the 20s preventing opportunity to the 18s coming through

If the player isn't good enough for first grade any more the club has to be brutal and say so

It is after all a competition where selection is based on ability and merit. It not everyone wins a prize any more

There always a day you are not good enough for the level you once we're at. It happens to EPL players it happens to Socceroos it happens to HAL players

The coaches make a decision and everyone moves on

Why is an NPL player entitled to keep living the dream when time has passed him by??

I do feel you have lost touch with the local game and your delusional thoughts on age groups are way off the mark. U/20's do not work, never was it going to work and never will it work. Players are developing older and in my opinion we need to go back to 22's or 23's. This has been proven in other countries that experimented with this ridiculous age restriction.

I also feel the cap is not working, scrap it and have free for all. The clubs with forward thinking committees will survive and the clubs with poor committees will drop off.

Newcastle produced more NSL and Internation players under the old system of First Grade, Reserve Grade and U21's, that in it's self is reason enough to prove that young players in reserve grade benefit from having quality older heads mentor/coach them on the field in real time.

MFKS
22-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I do feel you have lost touch with the local game and your delusional thoughts on age groups are way off the mark. U/20's do not work, never was it going to work and never will it work. Players are developing older and in my opinion we need to go back to 22's or 23's. This has been proven in other countries that experimented with this ridiculous age restriction.

I also feel the cap is not working, scrap it and have free for all. The clubs with forward thinking committees will survive and the clubs with poor committees will drop off.

Newcastle produced more NSL and Internation players under the old system of First Grade, Reserve Grade and U21's, that in it's self is reason enough to prove that young players in reserve grade benefit from having quality older heads mentor/coach them on the field in real time.
Players are only being developed at older ages because of the current failings of the club's.

Really which of the club's out there are seriously looking at developing Yoof right through to first grade ??
Magic and Olympic have had successful lower grade sides in recent years but **** all making it into the first team. Jaffas well have they any juniors in their side??
Azzurri are obviously off on a buying frenzy

Edgy are probably the best example of promoting Yoof coupled with good sensible recruitment. How they been doing recent seasons??
Ohh they won the league didn't they ??
Twice

I will agree the PPS in its current format is failing. Reason why is the thing was watered down to cease the bitching of the club's

As for your thoughts on the production line in Newy
Well no great surprise but NNSW has been ****ing hopeless for years and years and I think we both agree on that

early_to_the_match
22-07-2017, 09:01 PM
MFKS, maybe they are hopeless because too many with outdated views such as you have expressed. Do you have a young'n missing out on a spot because of an older and better player?

Zico
22-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Players are only being developed at older ages because of the current failings of the club's.

Really which of the club's out there are seriously looking at developing Yoof right through to first grade ??
Magic and Olympic have had successful lower grade sides in recent years but **** all making it into the first team. Jaffas well have they any juniors in their side??
Azzurri are obviously off on a buying frenzy

Edgy are probably the best example of promoting Yoof coupled with good sensible recruitment. How they been doing recent seasons??
Ohh they won the league didn't they ??
Twice

I will agree the PPS in its current format is failing. Reason why is the thing was watered down to cease the bitching of the club's

As for your thoughts on the production line in Newy
Well no great surprise but NNSW has been ****ing hopeless for years and years and I think we both agree on that

Youth development at Edgy? You serious? Edgy do well what all clubs who are proactive do and scout the best young players who have first grade potential but they certainly don't develop their own from the youth grades. I'm not having a dig at Edgy here as I think they are fantastic and do what all clubs should but you are havn a laugh if you think they develop from youth grades up.

Strong clubs will survive while the weak will be replaced by the strong if we get rid of the PPS, the current political correct bullshit that is "give everybody a chance" rubbish is holding the game back.
Back to the future for a successful comp and nursery for local football.

Stanley
22-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Promoted youth after they were developed at another club

GO AWAY
23-07-2017, 03:02 AM
Promoted youth after they were developed at another club

Only four or five of them come from another club ?

KirkVanHouten
23-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Sorry to change the subject lads but just wondering if the names, George, Greg and Russell Schott ring any bells for anyone? Cheers fellas

Stanley
23-07-2017, 03:41 PM
New Lambton legends

MFKS
23-07-2017, 04:20 PM
HT

Olympic 2-0 over Kurri Flogs

Olympic won both the lower grades

MFKS
23-07-2017, 05:18 PM
FT

Olympic 3-0

winner
23-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Top 4 could be decided next weekend with some big matches taking place.
Maitland hosting Magic and
Olympic hosting Valo

early_to_the_match
24-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Just wondering about how the coaching fiasco at rosebuds is going, have they got a new coach for next year locked in yet? If not, are they leaving it a bit late?

The Magician
24-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Just wondering about how the coaching fiasco at rosebuds is going, have they got a new coach for next year locked in yet? If not, are they leaving it a bit late?

Gary Wilson and the kid from Maitland will fight it out to the death at Rosebud's next home game during the half time break.

winner
24-07-2017, 12:34 PM
From all reports the guy from mate Candell Sheriff will be appointed later this week

Walker
24-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Well I packed up and went to Azzurri on Saturday night, following thoughts

Crowd, not many there and most that were there were wearing black.

Ground, poor, from reports hard and lets not talk about the lack of lighting, bloody hard to see

Game, Edgy played like they had a big game coming up this Wednesday, probably did enough to win but not much else, I can't see them going three in a row

And on recent comments on here about Azzurri, I think Sparky, talking of lots of young guns coming thru, the 20's was a 4-0 win to Edgy, remember Edgy 20's got done 5-1 by Olympic the week before, says to me that Azzurri 20's are struggling

Walker
24-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Any thoughts on a replacement for Anthony Richards at Lakes.

Not many contenders left

GO AWAY
24-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Well I packed up and went to Azzurri on Saturday night, following thoughts

Crowd, not many there and most that were there were wearing black.

Ground, poor, from reports hard and lets not talk about the lack of lighting, bloody hard to see

Game, Edgy played like they had a big game coming up this Wednesday, probably did enough to win but not much else, I can't see them going three in a row

And on recent comments on here about Azzurri, I think Sparky, talking of lots of young guns coming thru, the 20's was a 4-0 win to Edgy, remember Edgy 20's got done 5-1 by Olympic the week before, says to me that Azzurri 20's are struggling

Think the young ones being talked about, three are playing first grade now, one out injured and one did play 20s on sat night. Two others just left the 20"s the others are playing in first grade now, so U20 stocks are very scarce and they are struggling big time unfortunately.

Don't quote me but I think Azzurri first grade have now led Edgeworth, Lambton and Broadmeadow in recent weeks, may be wrong, but close

winner
24-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Think the young ones being talked about, three are playing first grade now, one out injured and one did play 20s on sat night. Two others just left the 20"s the others are playing in first grade now, so U20 stocks are very scarce and they are struggling big time unfortunately.

Don't quote me but I think Azzurri first grade have now led Edgeworth, Lambton and Broadmeadow in recent weeks, may be wrong, but close

Unfortunately matches go for 90 minutes not 60 minutes and you don't get any pointsfor leading matches last time i checked

GO AWAY
24-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately matches go for 90 minutes not 60 minutes and you don't get any pointsfor leading matches last time i checked

Where did I say they didn't, just stated they have led these teams, just need to grind out the wins.

Walker
24-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Where did I say they didn't, just stated they have led these teams, just need to grind out the wins.

Problem I think is old legs, they seem to be an older team across the park, even allowing for the three U/20's. This problem doesn't seem to be solved with next year signings either

Walker
24-07-2017, 06:54 PM

What about your 18's they are third, so must have a bit of promise in that squad
Why not give some of them a run to see if they can step up to 20's or even higher

End of season, nothing to play for in 20's or 1st's so why not promote and see if they are capable

EH9
24-07-2017, 08:21 PM
What about your 18's they are third, so must have a bit of promise in that squad
Why not give some of them a run to see if they can step up to 20's or even higher

End of season, nothing to play for in 20's or 1st's so why not promote and see if they are capable

Answer to that is pretty simple really. Clubs will not promote this late in the season so they don't disqualify players for the semi finals.

EH9
24-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Who would know......... not enough columns left in the paper after Azzurri announce a new player every week.

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Bit of a tug of war, 18s coach, who knows his stuff, reluctant to play his boys up, with them in the semi finals and 20s no chance, makes sense. Just hard on the 20s, the bench players from the 18s have been filling in for the 20s.

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Who would know......... not enough columns left in the paper after Azzurri announce a new player every week.

None this week, maybe next week :)

Alton
25-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Not a great look for Lakes 3 year tenure, that leaves 2 years to get it right before they potentially go back to where they come from.

Stanley
25-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Not a great look for Lakes 3 year tenure, that leaves 2 years to get it right before they potentially go back to where they come from.

They should survive over Valentine if Valentine don't sort Cahill Oval out

Alton
25-07-2017, 01:58 PM
They should survive over Valentine if Valentine don't sort Cahill Oval out

The 8 team comp debate will never go away !!

Football lover
25-07-2017, 02:13 PM

Hearing Robert Virgili and Bobby Nomov are going to coach lakes next yr.

W8 WATCHER
25-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Bit of a tug of war, 18s coach, who knows his stuff, reluctant to play his boys up, with them in the semi finals and 20s no chance, makes sense. Just hard on the 20s, the bench players from the 18s have been filling in for the 20s.

go away it seems the same in 1st grade, bench players from 20's used in 1st grade aswell
odd club structure, to use the worst players and play them up
maybe a new coach will be the solution and next year all the worst 20's play in 20's again.
But hey, what do i know. i only have an online coaching credential to my name

Stanley
25-07-2017, 02:17 PM

2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
1. Edgeworth
2. Hamilton
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Weston
6. Kahibah Blues
7. Toronto Macquarie
8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
1. Jaffas
2. Valentine
3. Swansea Belswans
4. Cessnock
5. Singleton
6. Cooks Hill
7. West Wallsend
8. Wallsend

ZPL
1. Cardiff / South Cardiff
2. Thornton
3. Newcastle Suns
4. Bero
5. Kotara
6. Uni
7. Dudley
8. Mayfield

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 02:25 PM
go away it seems the same in 1st grade, bench players from 20's used in 1st grade aswell
odd club structure, to use the worst players and play them up
maybe a new coach will be the solution and next year all the worst 20's play in 20's again.
But hey, what do i know. i only have an online coaching credential to my name

Not sure what bench 20s players are playing first grade.

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 02:26 PM
2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
1. Edgeworth
2. Hamilton
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Weston
6. Kahibah Blues
7. Toronto Macquarie
8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
1. Jaffas
2. Valentine
3. Swansea Belswans
4. Cessnock
5. Singleton
6. Cooks Hill
7. West Wallsend
8. Wallsend

ZPL
2. Thornton
3. Newcastle Suns
4. Bero
5. Kotara
6. Uni
7. Dudley
8. Mayfield

Kahibah Blues 1000/1

W8 WATCHER
25-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Not sure what bench 20s players are playing first grade.

im sure you do

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 02:49 PM
im sure you do

Daly and Holihan only ones come to mind

Swanky
25-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Kahibah Blues 1000/1

True Kahibah won't wear blue

LongSufferingFan
25-07-2017, 03:20 PM

This is an odd comment.
Many clubs will change first grade coach at the end this year - does your logic apply also to Hamilton, CCB, Adamstown etc?
I have been hearing all year that this would be Richo's last season - from memory he was even quoted as having family commitments earlier in the season.

Alton
25-07-2017, 04:45 PM
This is an odd comment.
Many clubs will change first grade coach at the end this year - does your logic apply also to Hamilton, CCB, Adamstown etc?
I have been hearing all year that this would be Richo's last season - from memory he was even quoted as having family commitments earlier in the season.

The others are established top flight clubs, Lakes are first year back in and can't hold on to one of the very few remaining coaches available because of a fall out with the committee!! 2 long years ahead.

The Postman
25-07-2017, 05:47 PM
2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
1. Edgeworth
2. Hamilton
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Weston
6. Kahibah Blues
7. Toronto Macquarie
8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
1. Jaffas
2. Valentine
3. Swansea Belswans
4. Cessnock
5. Singleton
6. Cooks Hill
7. West Wallsend
8. Wallsend

ZPL
2. Thornton
3. Newcastle Suns
4. Bero
5. Kotara
6. Uni
7. Dudley
8. Mayfield

Hahahah fantastic. Most of the CCB boys probably grew up playing in Green and Black anyway.

W8 WATCHER
25-07-2017, 06:31 PM
2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
1. Edgeworth
2. Hamilton
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Weston
6. Kahibah Blues
7. Toronto Macquarie
8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
1. Jaffas
2. Valentine
3. Swansea Belswans
4. Cessnock
5. Singleton
6. Cooks Hill
7. West Wallsend
8. Wallsend

ZPL
2. Thornton
3. Newcastle Suns
4. Bero
5. Kotara
6. Uni
7. Dudley
8. Mayfield

interesting structures
could work zpl to be called npl3

Walker
25-07-2017, 06:40 PM

So what is more important, winning U/18 comp or development of players thru to be first graders.
Maybe if younger ones were developed thru there might not be the need to be paying to bring back the Goody's & Smiths at the ends of their careers.

Ask the 18's would they rather stay in 18's to make semi's, to be fair its unlikely they can win, or would they rather play 20's. I'm sure if at the start second round players would have jumped at the chance. Same for your better 20's play them in firsts

if you can't make semis in first grade the back half of the comp is were you make your changes, see if your 18's can step up to 20's, see if your promising 20's can make the jump to firsts

This is a bit of what I mean by having a strong committee, the 18's coach needs to be told to pull his head in, it's about the club not him.

Walker
25-07-2017, 06:51 PM
This is an odd comment.

I agree that it was no real secret that Richo would not go beyond this year and I believe he was fair with Lakes committee, being honest and telling them that if he took the job next year it could only be for that one year. The Lakes committee wanted someone who would commit for at least two years. Fair enough request by the committee, so they part ways.

I think that's a better look than every one telling bs to suit themselves

Stanley
25-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Why didn't they appoint someone with the 3 year licence period in mind?

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 07:54 PM
So what is more important, winning U/18 comp or development of players thru to be first graders.
Maybe if younger ones were developed thru there might not be the need to be paying to bring back the Goody's & Smiths at the ends of their careers.

Ask the 18's would they rather stay in 18's to make semi's, to be fair its unlikely they can win, or would they rather play 20's. I'm sure if at the start second round players would have jumped at the chance. Same for your better 20's play them in firsts

if you can't make semis in first grade the back half of the comp is were you make your changes, see if your 18's can step up to 20's, see if your promising 20's can make the jump to firsts

This is a bit of what I mean by having a strong committee, the 18's coach needs to be told to pull his head in, it's about the club not him.

Unlikely they can win ? Must have been a fluke when they beat Olympic a few weeks ago

The Magician
25-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Maitland guy confirmed in Herald for Town job...

Stanley
25-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Maitland guy confirmed in Herald for Town job...

Doesn't leave Lakes with too many options, maybe a Nick Webb and Bob Noaumov reunion at Lakes

hawk
25-07-2017, 09:27 PM

lol. not playing 18's in 1sts for a few games is not gonna ruin a career.

Imagine the pissup after winning an 18's GF. My god there'd be carnage.

The Postman
25-07-2017, 09:45 PM
interesting structures
could work zpl to be called npl3

There are barely enough teams in NewFM to meet the NPL criteria as it is.

I honestly don't see much changing, if say only 12-14 teams manage to meet the criteria, it will be tough luck for some and they will have to wait in the ZLs for 3 years and re-apply and hopefully they get the magical 16 teams to have 2 comps in 2023.

Apollo Creed
25-07-2017, 10:54 PM

your an ideas man walker:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
to hope and win trophies takes precedence it seems

Texas Ranger
25-07-2017, 11:19 PM
your an ideas man walker:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
to hope and win trophies takes precedence it seems
You had no idea against Ivan Drago.

Jardelsimage
26-07-2017, 10:49 AM
2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
1. Edgeworth
2. Hamilton
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Weston
6. Kahibah Blues
7. Toronto Macquarie
8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
1. Jaffas
2. Valentine
3. Swansea Belswans
4. Cessnock
5. Singleton
6. Cooks Hill
7. West Wallsend
8. Wallsend

ZPL
2. Thornton
3. Newcastle Suns
4. Bero
5. Kotara
6. Uni
7. Dudley
8. Mayfield

How about 12 team NPL.
originals or combined doesn't matter how you get 12.
1st
U21's???whatever there told to do.
U19
U17
U15

then straight to ZPL who will be run by the district associations in 12 team comps, so ZPL-PL1-PL2-PL3 etc
All the so called elite youth (or second string elite youth) playing 2HD go back into district comps playing in there age groups at there local clubs.
No promotion or relegation unless someone falls over, similar to the REAL NRL in Newcastle.
The NNSWFA have set the standard or non-standard in the comps being a invite/criteria/who bends over the most type system, this way, they get who, where and what they want.
cheers
PS: Zone teams do not want to be run by Northern, ZPL we have the chance to win more than it costs us to enter the comp, happy days, Northern would only stuff that up.

Alton
26-07-2017, 01:46 PM
How about 12 team NPL.
originals or combined doesn't matter how you get 12.
1st
U21's???whatever there told to do.
U19
U17
U15

then straight to ZPL who will be run by the district associations in 12 team comps, so ZPL-PL1-PL2-PL3 etc
All the so called elite youth (or second string elite youth) playing 2HD go back into district comps playing in there age groups at there local clubs.
No promotion or relegation unless someone falls over, similar to the REAL NRL in Newcastle.
The NNSWFA have set the standard or non-standard in the comps being a invite/criteria/who bends over the most type system, this way, they get who, where and what they want.
cheers
PS: Zone teams do not want to be run by Northern, ZPL we have the chance to win more than it costs us to enter the comp, happy days, Northern would only stuff that up.

Spot on Jardel, there only needs to be a NPL comp then ZPL, League One is only as good a standard as ZPL anyway plus there doesn't appear to be anyone knocking the door down with $, criteria and ability to go to NPL

NED DEVINE
27-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Let's start talking some sense here .
I forget who it was amongst all this rubbish who correctly said that' there would struggle to be , right now , and when the next license is up , no more than 12 clubs , forget the jets they shouldn't even be in the comp , that are anywhere near compliant .
There will be no 8 team comp either . NNSW have already been there and it failed miserably .
There are 6-7 clubs in new fm who have no structure or desire to be in NPL .
The rest are dreaming just now .
So if anything it would be smart to bring one up and eliminate the bye .
The jets have to go
Simple as that . They add nothing to the comp. Nothing at all

Let's see how the " pop up club "
Lambton go without full throttle from Chris Sneddon

Steve Wright really has got Lakes going well . No coach and wants to keep all the useless overage U 20 .
That's the base for the angst

As usual the pirate has left his previous club with an empty cupboard . Maybe Olympic might start promoting from within . It worked for greg smith with 5 GF victories .

Edgy did super last night . Against a team that think they are A League standard

Any suggestion that CCB properly know as Azzurri merging with the green frogs is piss talk . Will never happen , especially since Sparky has resigned for the 4th time . An ongoing joke

That's a pretty comprehensive wrap
My last ever post

Last thing
Forever Red - what can anyone say - always a knob , will never change

Texas Ranger
27-07-2017, 09:56 PM
I forget who it was amongst all this rubbish who correctly said that' there would struggle to be , right now , and when the next license is up , no more than 12 clubs , forget the jets they shouldn't even be in the comp , that are anywhere near compliant .
There will be no 8 team comp either . NNSW have already been there and it failed miserably .
The jets have to go

Steve Wright really has got Lakes going well . No coach and wants to keep all the useless overage U 20 .

As usual the pirate has left his previous club with an empty cupboard . Maybe Olympic might start promoting from within . It worked for greg smith with 5 GF victories .

Edgy did super last night . Against a team that think they are A League standard

Any suggestion that CCB properly know as Azzurri merging with the green frogs is piss talk . Will never happen , especially since Sparky has resigned for the 4th time . An ongoing joke

My last ever post

Last thing
The wake of Ned Devine.
As for the Jets - one advantage is an extra home game for all other clubs. But don't be fooled by this years results. A few better selections and perhaps tweaking the basis for selection will strengthen the Youth team, while the 2 lower ages are always up the top or there abouts. These kids need to develop and unfortunately Sydney comp seems out of the question. Maybe they aren't perfect, but I believe they can get things right at Speers Point. At least they'll have a better chance away from Eland and his crew.

Charman
27-07-2017, 10:13 PM
The jets are a bit of a token gesture BUT for the sake of potentially developing players I am all for them being there. They take points off teams and learn what it's about playing against men. From the outside looking in, just my opinion, if the lads were coached differently and attention was paid to knocking the chip off their shoulders, they would do a lot better. There is a stigma amongst them that " we play with the jets, mum, dad and grandparents are so proud" that if they learnt to accept they play for just another team in the NPL and they haven't made it yet then they would perform better. Again, just my take on it.

Texas Ranger
27-07-2017, 11:05 PM
I think you're right Charman. There is a bit of of attitude with some of the Jets players. Unfortunately, plenty of the players that have come through the program seem to have had a gut full after spending 3 or 4 years of training 4 nights a week and having constant pressure to perform. Many early achievers are no longer in the program and the Youth team has been propped up with some as young as 15, and others that are new to the program. All good players, but not necessarily the strongest in that 18-19 age bracket that should be targetted with an eye to potential Jet senior selection. Many by then have decided the clubs are a better option if they can make 1st grade, and also a better chance of winning games. That mentoring by older players is a big thing as well for development. Maybe the Jets need to be more proactive in getting the best 18 and 19 year olds back playing in the Youth. One of the best ways to do that would be to show a more open pathway to full Jets selection. Do they even train together?
Anyway, good luck with Pat Langlois in breaking through. Maybe Ernie Merrick will find more local young talent.

Tonester
28-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Since the Jets youth started playing in the NPL how many players have broken into A-League teams and had more than a handful of appearances. The Jets are as big an imposter as the Mariners when it comes to promoting youth. Don't quit Ned loved your last post.

Alton
28-07-2017, 01:57 PM
The jets have to go

My last ever post

Last thing

Outstanding Ned, 100% correct with everything you say !!

NED DEVINE
28-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Well
After all those kind words I might hang around and Continue to scrutinize the following :
Steve Wright - he always wanted to be the King of something
Forever Red - you can take the boy out of southy , but you can never take the southy out of the boy
Sparky - Aka Richard Clement for his piss poor performance for CCB
The Pirate - for all the players he has stolen or conned - those tactics will become almost like a dinasaur

The referees association for continuing to promote Ryan Gallagher and other Nuftis

To the Lollies - good luck without sneddo - Harry Edwards Oval within 2 years

Tonester - absolute spastic

I just might consider my retirement
Haha

winner
28-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Well
After all those kind words I might hang around and Continue to scrutinize the following :
Forever Red - you can take the boy out of southy , but you can never take the southy out of the boy
The Pirate - for all the players he has stolen or conned - those tactics will become almost like a dinasaur

The referees association for continuing to promote Ryan Gallagher and other Nuftis

Haha

How do you see all of this when you aren't tall enough to see over the fence without standing on your tippy toes Shane

NED DEVINE
28-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Perhaps you should change your mask to loser
You nufti

Stanley
28-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Spot on about professional linesman Ryan

Stryker
28-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Well

Haha

Not sure why you have to bring the referees into it. Without them you wouldn't have a game to whinge about week in week out. From someone who doesn't have the balls to referee. Going off your gripes there'd be no one to ref an npl game in newy.

Stanley
28-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Not sure why you have to bring the referees into it. Without them you wouldn't have a game to whinge about week in week out. From someone who doesn't have the balls to referee. Going off your gripes there'd be no one to ref an npl game in newy.
If the bloke could ref and had even half a personality he "might" be accepted, Strickland goes alright cause he has personality

Zico
29-07-2017, 08:37 AM
If you ref the way you react to the post Stryker then it's no wonder people are frustrated with the poor standard of refs in the NPL.

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Well

Haha

Hope that made you feel good. Bit of a low act, publicly defaming people involved in local football by name, behind an alias.
Says more about you than it does about them.

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2017, 09:07 AM
If you ref the way you react to the post Stryker then it's no wonder people are frustrated with the poor standard of refs in the NPL.

Can you really blame referees for reacting?
They get very little, if any, positive recognition outside their own association. It is the most thankless job in football.
The only way to get better refs, as you all desperately call for, is to either:
1. Train and develop existing referees, which is done via coursework (not really gonn help in game situations) and practicing, ie actually refereeing games of increasingly difficult standard. Which is going to mean sometimes referees are out of their depth.
2. Increase the pool of referees to choose from. If you pick the best 5 referees out of a pool of 8 to referee the weekends matches, you're probs not going to get as good a quality as if you had 20 referees to choose from.
The way to increase the pool is to make it an encouraging and fruitful environment and role. The whole countries mindset towards referees has contributed to the problem. Kids as young as 10 will start arguing with referees, which is okay when the referee is 15. But when you go up in age groups, progress to seniors etc, this becomes an obvious burden and problem. The players bullying inexperienced younger referees that are trying to develop, spectators yelling abuse, coaches making comments. You can't deny, you hear some terrible comments, sometimes even personal comments, directed towards referees and it is deemed acceptable.
Can Gaurantee there would be uproar if referees started swearing at coaches, or telling players how s*** they are when they miss a shot. But nobody blinks and eyelid when it happens the other way.
Verbal abuse has become "okay" when it's directed at somebody "being paid" on a sport field.

I don't think any referee says "okay, gonna make some terrible calls today. I hope I ruin this game". They try their best. They call it how they see it.
If the players didn't do anything illegal in the first place, if they didn't try and deceive the referee at every opportunity there'd be less chance of the referee impacting upon the game.

Treat referees better. Encourage younger people to take it up. Help them instead of hinder. You will end up with more referees. You will create a better environment. You will help develop and nurture better referees.

LongSufferingFan
29-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Well

Haha

We can only hope.

It must be terrible to be such a bitter person.
The game exists because of everyone involved including officials and volunteers.

It is poor form to continually bag people by name and does nothing to improve the game locally.
I don't mind banter but your constant whinging about the same people that you have had issues with forever is becoming tiresome.

I vote 1 - Ned off.

MFKS
29-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Can you really blame referees for reacting?
They get very little, if any, positive recognition outside their own association. It is the most thankless job in football.
The only way to get better refs, as you all desperately call for, is to either:
1. Train and develop existing referees, which is done via coursework (not really gonn help in game situations) and practicing, ie actually refereeing games of increasingly difficult standard. Which is going to mean sometimes referees are out of their depth.
2. Increase the pool of referees to choose from. If you pick the best 5 referees out of a pool of 8 to referee the weekends matches, you're probs not going to get as good a quality as if you had 20 referees to choose from.
The way to increase the pool is to make it an encouraging and fruitful environment and role. The whole countries mindset towards referees has contributed to the problem. Kids as young as 10 will start arguing with referees, which is okay when the referee is 15. But when you go up in age groups, progress to seniors etc, this becomes an obvious burden and problem. The players bullying inexperienced younger referees that are trying to develop, spectators yelling abuse, coaches making comments. You can't deny, you hear some terrible comments, sometimes even personal comments, directed towards referees and it is deemed acceptable.
Can Gaurantee there would be uproar if referees started swearing at coaches, or telling players how s*** they are when they miss a shot. But nobody blinks and eyelid when it happens the other way.
Verbal abuse has become "okay" when it's directed at somebody "being paid" on a sport field.

I don't think any referee says "okay, gonna make some terrible calls today. I hope I ruin this game". They try their best. They call it how they see it.
If the players didn't do anything illegal in the first place, if they didn't try and deceive the referee at every opportunity there'd be less chance of the referee impacting upon the game.

Treat referees better. Encourage younger people to take it up. Help them instead of hinder. You will end up with more referees. You will create a better environment. You will help develop and nurture better referees.

Great here is Captain Save A Ref on another high horse rant any time someone makes any comment on the standard of officiating or whether a call was right or wrong or whatever in he comes to save the day and save the honour of referees every where

It one thing that holds referees back

Insecurity

Just as those officials to weak to deal with the abuse of the players and spectators pack it in and give it away suffer from insecurity issues

No one said referees have it easy but until they man up and can take some criticism and grow a pair and learn to handle their role then the same shit will keep happening

Dissent from the players is controllable by the cards in your pocket

Grow a pair and use them

Refs having issues with players is down to their inadequacy

Refs having problems with spectators ??

Your not there to make ****s happy

Apply the rules based on what you see and grow a pair

Texas Ranger
29-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Agreed. Players are far too inclined to challenge every decision or even yell at ref before he has time to make a call. I would like to see every dispute carded until the habit is wiped out. And some abusive supporters need to be spoken to by their clubs rather than encouraged.

Tonester
29-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Well

Haha

Bit harsh Ned, just let me paraphrase Bob Menzies- Ned:"Hey Tonester tell us what you know about football it'll only take 10 minutes " Tonester:" I'll tell everyone what we both know,it won't take any longer ".

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Great here is Captain Save A Ref on another high horse rant any time someone makes any comment on the standard of officiating or whether a call was right or wrong or whatever in he comes to save the day and save the honour of referees every where

It one thing that holds referees back

Insecurity

Just as those officials to weak to deal with the abuse of the players and spectators pack it in and give it away suffer from insecurity issues

No one said referees have it easy but until they man up and can take some criticism and grow a pair and learn to handle their role then the same shit will keep happening

Dissent from the players is controllable by the cards in your pocket

Grow a pair and use them

Refs having issues with players is down to their inadequacy

Refs having problems with spectators ??

Your not there to make ****s happy

Apply the rules based on what you see and grow a pair

See the problem is I'm not referring to the 20+ year olds that are socially reasonably equipped and able to understand the frustration of people. By the time referees reach the NPL they are well accustomed to this verbal abuse.

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the referees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

If you bothered to read somebody else's opinion, you'd see I gave 2 ways to increase the quality that we get at NPL level.
1. Training, which can only do so much. Despite all the courses etc some referees will be unable to improve.
2. Increase the pool to choose from.

I then brainstormed ideas to increase the pool, or to at least retain referees. And that starts when they are 14, 15, 16, 17. Frankly, your "grow some balls and man up" comments don't really work for those referees that have given it a go to see what it's like. It's far easier to say, screw dealing with this abuse, than it is to persevere through it.

Yeh, you can say that to the current NPL referees, they are there because they don't really care what people think.

But, your losing 100s of potentially good referees too soon due to abuse. They are the facts.

Stanley
29-07-2017, 11:39 AM
See the problem is I'm not referring to the 20+ year olds that are socially reasonably equipped and able to understand the frustration of people. By the time referees reach the NPL they are well accustomed to this verbal abuse.

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the refenrees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

If you bothered to read somebody else's opinion, you'd see I gave 2 ways to increase the quality that we get at NPL level.
1. Training, which can only do so much. Despite all the courses etc some referees will be unable to improve.

I then brainstormed ideas to increase the pool, or to at least retain referees. And that starts when they are 14, 15, 16, 17. Frankly, your "grow some balls and man up" comments don't really work for those referees that have given it a go to see what it's like. It's far easier to say, screw dealing with this abuse, than it is to persevere through it.

Yeh, you can say that to the current NPL referees, they are there because they don't really care what people think.

But, your losing 100s of potentially good referees too soon due to abuse. They are the facts.

Blah blah blah, they need a personality, full stop.

MFKS
29-07-2017, 11:43 AM

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the referees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

We are losing 100s of potentially good refs??

What does this mean??

We are actually just losing the weak ones early on

No one has said referees have it easy
If you are signing up to be a referee whether you are 14 24 34 or 44 you know what the score is

Your not going to be popular and your going to cop some abuse

If you are unaware of this you are not naive but for want of a better phrase living in a delusion

Now one of the reasons we losing so many referees is because we as society are quite happy to cuddle people with the everyone wins a prize bull shit so people grow up insecure and need reassurance from others

These 14 year old refs quit because they are not used to or capable of dealing with a few choice words because they are not made to deal with shit not going there way in life

That a society issue

As for your ideas on more training??

**** me

Certificate Certificate Certificate
Just revenue raising and does **** all in reality

You can train some of these refs 5 days a week for 8 hours a day and they be just as shit in a year's time

outsider
29-07-2017, 01:23 PM
We are losing 100s of potentially good refs??

What does this mean??

We are actually just losing the weak ones early on

No one has said referees have it easy
If you are signing up to be a referee whether you are 14 24 34 or 44 you know what the score is

Your not going to be popular and your going to cop some abuse

If you are unaware of this you are not naive but for want of a better phrase living in a delusion

Now one of the reasons we losing so many referees is because we as society are quite happy to cuddle people with the everyone wins a prize bull shit so people grow up insecure and need reassurance from others

These 14 year old refs quit because they are not used to or capable of dealing with a few choice words because they are not made to deal with shit not going there way in life

That a society issue

As for your ideas on more training??

**** me

Certificate Certificate Certificate
Just revenue raising and does **** all in reality

You can train some of these refs 5 days a week for 8 hours a day and they be just as shit in a year's time

The reason we are losing so many referees is because of people like you and your attitude who have no balls to give refereeing a go and so many ill disciplined players and coaches who do little other than encourage players to break the rules and react poorly when they get caught.
Maybe if more players took up refereeing they would finally actually learn the rules and then teams would be happier with player/referees.Since so many players already try to referee games you should all be happy.

MFKS
29-07-2017, 02:33 PM
The reason we are losing so many referees is because of people like you and your attitude who have no balls to give refereeing a go and so many ill disciplined players and coaches who do little other than encourage players to break the rules and react poorly when they get caught.
Maybe if more players took up refereeing they would finally actually learn the rules and then teams would be happier with player/referees.Since so many players already try to referee games you should all be happy.

****ing LoL.
It all my fault other people are not able to handle a bit of criticism??

No mate. That rests firmly on their shoulders

I have no interest in being a referee because I have other things on in my life

That being said I would actually go well at it if I took it up

You know why?

Because I actually have the RIGHT attitude required

I just don't give a **** whether people like or agree with me

Matter of fact my occupation mirrors much of what referees cop

I already deal with it on a daily basis

Texas Ranger
29-07-2017, 02:39 PM
I think you'll find that even in the Emerging Jets program, diving and shirt pulling are 2 basic skills taught by GVE. So players and coaches should not complain about refs when they do everything possible to bend or break the rules.

Imyourhero
29-07-2017, 03:23 PM
****ing LoL.

You know why?

Telstra Customer Service representative??

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2017, 04:35 PM
****ing LoL.

You know why?

And look how you've turned out ��

What's the solution then? How do we get better referees?
I'd like to hear your answer. Which if I recall correctly, I always ask you but you run away.
So how about you have a go and explain how we get to a better level of refereeing.

MFKS
29-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Telstra Customer Service representative??

No

But that would actually be where Captain Save A Ref should look to recruit from

As they cop more than enough abuse they definitely have the balls for the job

outsider
29-07-2017, 06:46 PM
****ing LoL.

You know why?

You would go well if you took it up-big words for someone with no balls to give it a go.
"I have other things in my life"sounds like a great copout
Put up or shut up works for me.
Quick to criticise but slow to prove
That will do me

MFKS
29-07-2017, 06:52 PM
And look how you've turned out ��

What's the solution then? How do we get better referees?
I'd like to hear your answer. Which if I recall correctly, I always ask you but you run away.
So how about you have a go and explain how we get to a better level of refereeing.

Cut the bullshit

Apply the pre existing rules and start dishing out yellow and reds to players for dissent like you should be doing in the first place

Every week players swear and show dissent at you because you FAIL to take action

Maybe if you did they would stop

As for the crowd??
Do you think blokes like Matthew Breeze and that cheating Gillette **** from Brisbane Roar give a **** what the fans thought of them??

No they didn't

Maybe your so called coaching should drum this into you not to be ****ing worried about what the plebs on the sideline are saying.

Stop being insecure and expecting everyone to want to come toast marshmallows and sing Kumbayah whikst holding hands going around in a circle at full-time

Because that your biggest problem. Your afraid and you want approval. Seeking it from the wrong places you are

Stryker
29-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Cut the bullshit

Apply the pre existing rules and start dishing out yellow and reds to players for dissent like you should be doing in the first place

Every week players swear and show dissent at you because you FAIL to take action

Maybe if you did they would stop

As for the crowd??
Do you think blokes like Matthew Breeze and that cheating Gillette **** from Brisbane Roar give a **** what the fans thought of them??

No they didn't

Maybe your so called coaching should drum this into you not to be ****ing worried about what the plebs on the sideline are saying.

Stop being insecure and expecting everyone to want to come toast marshmallows and sing Kumbayah whikst holding hands going around in a circle at full-time

Because that your biggest problem. Your afraid and you want approval. Seeking it from the wrong places you are

Never heard so much BS in my life