PDA

View Full Version : 2017 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

The Magician
04-09-2017, 01:45 PM
What about the older black kettle

Alton
04-09-2017, 02:00 PM
They are a special breed out edgy way... You can take the kid from the tavern, but you can't take the tavern from the kid... Better club won GF, karma is a bitch.

And don't forget its all about first grade the others can please themselves

04-09-2017, 07:44 PM
I think you would have to go to a developed print to split the difference between hatred for Magic and Edgy. From a mutual just seems like sour grapes on not making it to the GF.

MFKS
04-09-2017, 08:26 PM
I think you would have to go to a developed print to split the difference between hatred for Magic and Edgy. From a mutual just seems like sour grapes on not making it to the GF.

Disagree Magic there is a degree of envy for what they have but respect is there because they have worked hard to be where they are and have what they have

Edgy on the other hand there has never been the respect

Onehunglow
04-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Disagree Magic there is a degree of envy for what they have but respect is there because they have worked hard to be where they are and have what they have

Never been respect for Edgeworth ? I have a huge amount of respect for Edgeworth and the incredible success this club has had over many years, going back to the 1970's early 1990's and beyond. The club has just won two GF's and 3 Premierships in the last 3 years. Nine premierships in 20 years. Represented NNSW brilliantly in the FFA CUP, What more do you need to do to earn respect?

hawk
04-09-2017, 10:16 PM
They are a special breed out edgy way... You can take the kid from the tavern, but you can't take the tavern from the kid... Better club won GF, karma is a bitch.

rich coming from the arrogant gold chains.

hawk
04-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Totally wrong again.

dont follow anyone in npl. Edgy are ok. magic, hamo and recently Lambton have poached/recruited their success. Not much to respect there

Onehunglow
04-09-2017, 11:42 PM

Pretty special at Magic at the moment, when the truth comes out about your coaches behaviour recently Magic will be in crisis mode. Karma is a bitch.

plague
04-09-2017, 11:59 PM
cant believe two days on from Griff and Jobe giving you lot yet another miracle you plonkers are on here arguing over which group of you are the biggest assholes.

congrats, you're all winners.

Hail Griff.
Hail Jobe.

Alton
05-09-2017, 01:47 PM
rich coming from the arrogant gold chains.

:thumbsup:

Stanley
05-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Never been respect for Edgeworth ? I have a huge amount of respect for Edgeworth and the incredible success this club has had over many years, going back to the 1970's early 1990's and beyond. The club has just won two GF's and 3 Premierships in the last 3 years. Nine premierships in 20 years. Represented NNSW brilliantly in the FFA CUP, What more do you need to do to earn respect?

Ask Lambton, Weston, Magic and South Cardiff how respectful Edgeworth are, if memory serves me right Edgeworth have had altercations with each of these clubs in recent years, not to mention the respect shown to their lower grade teams in a recent herald article.

Texas Ranger
05-09-2017, 04:58 PM
So what clubs are having trials and when for 18s and 20s?

Stanley
05-09-2017, 07:04 PM
If you are having trials you have missed the mark and guaranteed not to play finals in 2018

Devon Sangas
05-09-2017, 07:20 PM
What did you lot think of the team of the year? And where are the points for the player of the year award?

Well done to Lambton on the GF and Edgeworth on the Premiership!

As a football enthusiast I thought this season of NPL was played at a high standard. There was some decent football, exciting games and cracking goals most weekends.

Looking forward to next season!
😃

immersion
06-09-2017, 10:46 AM
What did you lot think of the team of the year? And where are the points for the player of the year award?

Well done to Lambton on the GF and Edgeworth on the Premiership!

As a football enthusiast I thought this season of NPL was played at a high standard. There was some decent football, exciting games and cracking goals most weekends.

Looking forward to next season!
😃

I agree with you 100%. I didn't get to watch as many games as previous years. But the standard is improving.

The team of the year seemed reasonable. I have reservations over Josh Maguire though.

And Sessions, the jaffers leak goals when Jobe doesnt play. Their defence is the worst in the top 4. Plus when I watch Jaffers he seems to needlessly kick people unfairly in my opinion.

Cabaye#4
06-09-2017, 01:54 PM
What team of the year are we talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=734345623419019&id=172368442950076
That is all I have found.

Walker
08-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Now Craig Kerry is reporting that Jobe will stay at Jaffas

Hard to leave that winning feeling

But we're does this leave Edgy, with Jobe 2018 was looking very strong, now same old Pasquale errors that cost them this year.
Gardner is gone, Brody Taylor to Magic story keeps bubbling.

Will be interesting what Zane does

Walker
08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
And this is just me thinking but surely Kiego will go, certainly not the player this year that I'm sure Zane was looking for
Also Sanders, surely he will be looking to better himself

Or I suppose more $$$ from Edgy and they can all stay

Who knows

Alton
08-09-2017, 04:58 PM
And this is just me thinking but surely Kiego will go, certainly not the player this year that I'm sure Zane was looking for
Also Sanders, surely he will be looking to better himself

Or I suppose more $$$ from Edgy and they can all stay

Who knows

They might promote from within??

immersion
08-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Here is a question for everyone:

How do you appear to discipline people without invoking any form of discipline?

Magic are smart: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4911113/magic-trio-fined-as-probe-plays-out/?cs=306

I must say "very well played".

Walker
08-09-2017, 05:31 PM
They might promote from within??

Yeah maybe, I'm don't know much about who they have in 20's

But how many Edgy 20's are left, surely some moved on after being shafted in semi's

Walker
08-09-2017, 05:32 PM

Magic are smart: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4911113/magic-trio-fined-as-probe-plays-out/?cs=306

Yes well played
And now shown NNSWF what an appropriate punishment would be as well

the_butcher
08-09-2017, 05:43 PM

If certain people had just left them alone to sit in their own clubhouse then there wouldn't have been an issue. Some people get off on a power trip, though.

ForeverRed
08-09-2017, 06:52 PM

It took prompting from northern for this to happen, still a disgrace

ForeverRed
08-09-2017, 06:52 PM
If certain people had just left them alone to sit in their own clubhouse then there wouldn't have been an issue. Some people get off on a power trip, though.
Incredible statement

Stanley
08-09-2017, 08:26 PM
It took prompting from northern for this to happen, still a disgrace

And your behaviour over the years has been impeccable. Another pot calling the kettle black.

EH9
08-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Gee they have really made a statement there! What a joke

seldom
08-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Cmon- everyone who's played the game have done some silly shit they probs regret. This hatred of different clubs is getting ridiculous. And by the way I'm pretty sure Edgy will be orrite no matter who they have, Zaney is a quality coach IMO.

Stanley
09-09-2017, 05:51 AM
Cmon- everyone who's played the game have done some silly shit they probs regret. This hatred of different clubs is getting ridiculous. And by the way I'm pretty sure Edgy will be orrite no matter who they have, Zaney is a quality coach IMO.

Couldn't agree more !!!

Alton
12-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Couldn't agree more !!!

How can anyone say this when he doesn't care about any other grade?

Cabaye#4
12-09-2017, 03:30 PM
How can anyone say this when he doesn't care about any other grade?
It's not his job to care about other grades. He's paid to get results with 1st Grade, and has done that incredibly well.

12-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Me thinks Zaney only said out aloud what others think alike but keep to themselves.

EH9
13-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Me thinks Zaney only said out aloud what others think alike but keep to themselves.

Well the ones who don't have a tight budget at least. Guys with small budgets care greatly about what is coming through.

DonPablo
16-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Well the ones who don't have a tight budget at least. Guys with small budgets care greatly about what is coming through.

Clubs with big budgets buy their talent. They dont give a toss about their lower grades.
Cash is king. I dont think zaney even members when he was under 20z

Stanley
16-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Clubs with big budgets buy their talents . They dont give a toss about their lower grades.
Cash is king. I dont think zaney even members when he was under 20z
Course not

winner
19-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Has there been any news on whether Northern have handed down any punishment to Messrs Zadkovich , Piddington and Bradbury.
Or is Northern happy with the massive slap on the wrist all 3 received from Magic

immersion
20-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Has there been any news on whether Northern have handed down any punishment to Messrs Zadkovich , Piddington and Bradbury.
Or is Northern happy with the massive slap on the wrist all 3 received from Magic

My understanding is just the useless bonds from their club thus far.

winner
21-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Rumoured player signings

Magic Cody Carroll, Daniel Minors, Paul Bitz , Brody Taylor

Olympic Simon Mooney, Blake Green , Dom Bizari , Scott Pettit

Charlestown Kane Goodchild , Scott Smith , Danny Ireland , Kevin Davidson , Grant Brown , Riley McNaughton , Tommy Smart

Weston Josh Maguire , Tod McSorley , Ben Martin

Lakes Nathan Archibold , Cameron Olzeimer , Charlie Hunter ,Paul Schicawe

Maitland Alex Read , Mat Swan , AndrewSwan , Zac Thomas , James Thompson

Adamstown Ben Kelly , Ben Higgins , Jordan Elphick , Justin Broadley

Valo Aiden Gardner

ForeverRed
21-09-2017, 08:49 PM
All involved received a $700 fine from nnswf, pretty poor from northern, a precedence has been set, go your hardest folks, unbelievable

EH9
21-09-2017, 08:58 PM
All involved received a $700 fine from nnswf, pretty poor from northern, a precedence has been set, go your hardest folks, unbelievable

Have to agree with you here! An absolutely stunning outcome.

A coach speaks harshly to a ref and gets stung with a 14 day suspension and the threat of his club losing competition points. Man handle and abuse old men who administer the competition and get a fine, but miss no games! Wow

Onehunglow
21-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Have to agree with you here! An absolutely stunning outcome.

A coach speaks harshly to a ref and gets stung with a 14 day suspension and the threat of his club losing competition points. Man handle and abuse old men who administer the competition and get a fine, but miss no games! Wow

Man Handle? That's the first I've heard of that. Ugly and should have been serious suspension if that's the case.

De-Champ
22-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Never any physical altercations or threats made in any of the allegations. Verbal disagreement between a few people who were unfortunate to be at a football venue for reasons other than football. Determination of the independent arbitrator speaks volumes about the incidents' severity despite the ill-informed public's cries for Magic blood.

Magic doesn't condone the behaviour of those involved and their reprimands internally highlight's this. They acted swiftly and publicly. Well done to them for publicly condoning verbal abuse of officials. Which is more than what any other club has done, many clubs have been involved in incidents this season yet none have publicly condoned any of the behaviour of their members or supporters which were sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute.

That being said, NNSWF are still looking for the NewFM supporter who threw the chair at the NNSWF delegations table. If you have any information could you please forward your statement to Crime-stoppers.

I am confused. You say Magic do not condone the behaviour...then go on to say in the next sentence they publicly condone verbal abuse...

Macca
22-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I am confused. You say Magic do not condone the behaviour...then go on to say in the next sentence they publicly condone verbal abuse...

Presumably meant condemn

ForeverRed
22-09-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm confused at the double standards northern operate under, a coach get 4 weeks for a little abuse at an official then hand out poultry fines to an offence that was in my opinion much much worse, I suppos I shouldn't expect to much more from northern

Stanley
22-09-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm confused at the double standards northern operate under, a coach get 4 weeks for a little abuse at an official then hand out poultry fines to an offence that was in my opinion much much worse, I suppos I shouldn't expect to much more from northern

Whats the confusion, generally the punishment fits the crime. If a 4 week ban is imposed after all parties have represented themselves, then that's what it is, if a fine is imposed after all parties are heard then again, that's what it is, case closed. Can we now start discussing football, just heard Lambton will be announcing a big name signing in the next couple of days.

Stanley
22-09-2017, 01:18 PM

Hi Forever, I forgot to ask, did you witness what happened when the coach got 4 weeks and then what happened in the Magic clubhouse or is your opinion based on what he said she said.

MFKS
22-09-2017, 01:28 PM

FR

Can't believe a man as smart as you thinks Northern are a competent organisation to have faith that they would get things right

Alton
22-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Lucky fines weren't around in your day Forever, you'd be up for a shite load !!

The Magician
22-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Lucky fines weren't around in your day Forever, you'd be up for a shite load !!
The chickens from the coup were good layers back then, they would have had most of it covered.

Cabaye#4
22-09-2017, 05:16 PM
just heard Lambton will be announcing a big name signing in the next couple of days.

Adam Griff to complete the Griff Trilogy? That'd be the dream...

Swanky
23-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Why was edgeworth game postponed to Sunday 1.30pm

Goatscheese
23-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Magic doesn't condone the behaviour of those involved and their reprimands internally highlight's this.

I suppose the idea to give them suspended fines so the punishment from Northern will be less worked in their favour then.

winner
23-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Why was edgeworth game postponed to Sunday 1.30pm

Brisbane airport closed due to lightning storms

lquiquer
23-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Sounds like their problem not ours ?

Stanley
24-09-2017, 10:19 AM
The chickens from the coup were good layers back then, they would have had most of it covered.

Not sure Forever was part of the super competitive Southy sides

Bremsstrahlung
24-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Dude, what’s your obsession with FR? It’s all you talk about.

Swanky
24-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Awesome conditions for 1.30pm Ko gale force winds and 34degrees at 10am

ForeverRed
24-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Not sure Forever was part of the super competitive Southy sides
You need a new obsession, I'm happy to sign an autograph for you but you'll need to move on then

GO AWAY
26-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Magic U18 and 20s playing trial tonight against Newcastle All stars indigenous select team who are heading to Nowra again in November.

GO AWAY
27-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Great hit out last night for the two indigenous teams against Magic, thanks to Magic for hosting and getting these blokes to Nowra with a good preparation.

Magic 18s 3 Indigenous 2
Magic 20s 3 Indigenous 1

Will be all the better for it, with a couple of players to come in as well.

Thanks again Magic

Alton
27-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Great hit out last night for the two indigenous teams against Magic, thanks to Magic for hosting and getting these blokes to Nowra with a good preparation.

Magic 18s 3 Indigenous 2
Magic 20s 3 Indigenous 1

Will be all the better for it, with a couple of players to come in as well.

Thanks again Magic

As a non Magic supporter, I have to admit they do it better than anyone

Football_Magic14
05-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Rumoured player signings

Charlestown Kane Goodchild , Scott Smith , Danny Ireland , Kevin Davidson , Grant Brown , Riley McNaughton , Tommy Smart

Valo Aiden Gardner

Petit to Olympic is going ahead 100% I've been told! Taylor to Magic is not!

Cabaye#4
06-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Petit to Olympic is going ahead 100% I've been told! Taylor to Magic is not!

Olympic also announced it on their facebook

Jets2
15-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any clubs that are in need of a player for the U20s comp for next season, or would consider taking an extra over the pre season for numbers sake and potentially being a late inclusion in case of injuries or work commitments?
Cheers

Benfica
16-10-2017, 08:19 PM
I am sure most clubs out there who would still be willing to have a look, if the player is up to it ? Not a goalkeeper is he? I hear Lakes are still on the lookout for a keeper in their 18s

GO AWAY
17-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Newcastle Indigenous Allstars 4 Northern Nations ( Armidale ) 4

Newcastle play Charlestown U18 and U20 tonight at Lisle Carr
Newcastle play Edgeworth U18 and U20 24/10 at Edgeworth

Nationals start November 1 in Nowra

Would be good if NNSW gave this some support, they are representing the region. Thanks Magic, Charly and Edgy for the trials.

Walker
18-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any clubs that are in need of a player for the U20s comp for next season, or would consider taking an extra over the pre season for numbers sake and potentially being a late inclusion in case of injuries or work commitments?
Cheers

Mate, I think if he is good enough most clubs would find room for him

Also Valentine are holding trials for their 20's late November so could be an opportunity for him here

Walker
18-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Rumoured player signings

Valo Aiden Gardner

Any updates on these
I hope the Bizzari to Olympic happens, but can't see it

Walker
19-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on Brice & Moore moving to Melbourne
Great opportunity for them and I think it's good to see them taking that step

But where does it leave Edgeworth, Brice is going to be hard to replace and I think Moore made a difference when he returned this year
Two big holes

GO AWAY
19-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Indigenous trials Tuesday night

Indigenous two ( 1 ) Charlestown 18s ( 2 )
Indigenous one ( 3 ) Charlestown 20s ( 1 )

Another good hit out

Imyourhero
19-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Good to hear about the Indigenous team, awesome initiative.

GO AWAY
19-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Good to hear about the Indigenous team, awesome initiative.

One mens team last year, now we are taking two mens team and a womans team, the Indigenous 1 made up of NPL and Newfm players, the other side bunch of quality young blokes

ForeverRed
19-10-2017, 03:12 PM

But where does it leave Edgeworth, Brice is going to be hard to replace and I think Moore made a difference when he returned this year
Two big holes

We keep getting told how good edgeworth are and how they match it with the best in the country so I ask this question, why are these moves seen as good opportunities when they are only moving from one npl comp to another and last time I looked these players had an A league team right under their noses ? Just a thought

Blueboy
19-10-2017, 06:40 PM
We keep getting told how good edgeworth are and how they match it with the best in the country so I ask this question, why are these moves seen as good opportunities when they are only moving from one npl comp to another and last time I looked these players had an A league team right under their noses ? Just a thought

Probably promised the world like all players that go down there.
I'll watch them play back here next year.
Is it Zane who thinks edgey are the best since sliced bread.

prawnhead
19-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Probably promised the world like all players that go down there.
I'll watch them play back here next year.
Is it Zane who thinks edgey are the best since sliced bread.

Well to be fair they have been better than sliced bread the last 3 years.

Alton
20-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Well to be fair they have been better than sliced bread the last 3 years.

I think the loaf has finally split, they will scrape into top 4 next year, big improvers will be Magic after RZ first season and how much he has learnt.

immersion
20-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Two big holes

I have a totally different opinion. I thought he struggled when he returned. maybe 1 or 2 goals. I can't recall him setting up any goals either, but i could be wrong here. That's poor from your attacking midfielder and someone who is touted as one of the best. A title which i think he has not earn't with performances yet IMO.

Plus, i dont think Edgeworth won all that many games when he came back.

Also, i think there are a few more leaving Edgyworth if the rumors are true. One of the officials of the club alluded to the players not liking the coaching out there.

magician
20-10-2017, 05:22 PM
I have a totally different opinion. I thought he struggled when he returned. maybe 1 or 2 goals. I can't recall him setting up any goals either, but i could be wrong here. That's poor from your attacking midfielder and someone who is touted as one of the best. A title which i think he has not earn't with performances yet IMO.

Plus, i dont think Edgeworth won all that many games when he came back.

Also, i think there are a few more leaving Edgyworth if the rumors are true. One of the officials of the club alluded to the players not liking the coaching out there.

Probably don't like him due to his arrogance

Walker
23-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Indigenous trials Tuesday night

Indigenous two ( 1 ) Charlestown 18s ( 2 )
Indigenous one ( 3 ) Charlestown 20s ( 1 )

Another good hit out

What's your thoughts on Azzurri U20's Go Away

I know it's hard to gauge but Magic 20's beat Indigenous 3-1 and in return Indigenous beat Azzurri 20's 3-1

Just wondering if Azzurri lost young players with new coach coming on board and bringing back a heap of older players, effectively killing player development pathway to first grade

Makes it hard to attract quality youth

What do you think

Walker
23-10-2017, 09:52 AM

Get what you are saying but two thoughts
First, it is generally accepted that Melbourne NPL s highest quality in the country and second Jets don't seem to be interested in any local product coming out of the local NPL, it's like they want to see the player go to a higher league and test themselves

GO AWAY
24-10-2017, 09:48 AM
What's your thoughts on Azzurri U20's Go Away

I know it's hard to gauge but Magic 20's beat Indigenous 3-1 and in return Indigenous beat Azzurri 20's 3-1

Just wondering if Azzurri lost young players with new coach coming on board and bringing back a heap of older players, effectively killing player development pathway to first grade

Makes it hard to attract quality youth

What do you think

If we are comparing Magic to Azzuri 20s, unfortunately Magic were a different class, but they did have dowse and a few others I cant think of that are Under 20 and getting regular first grade at Magic, Azzurri were down a couple of players who also were regular first graders at azzurri, but they were actually playing for the indigenous team against them, with one scoring a couple of the goals and the other a rock at the back. Indigenous only had three players over 18, wit h Hearfield, Swadling, and others to come in

mother theresa
24-10-2017, 11:58 AM
If we are comparing Magic to Azzuri 20s, unfortunately Magic were a different class, but they did have dowse and a few others I cant think of that are Under 20 and getting regular first grade at Magic, Azzurri were down a couple of players who also were regular first graders at azzurri, but they were actually playing for the indigenous team against them, with one scoring a couple of the goals and the other a rock at the back. Indigenous only had three players over 18, wit h Hearfield, Swadling, and others to come in

GA interesing comments on your star studded 20's, stating there isnt a comparison to Magic, im sure those comments will inspire them to great things or maybe all the 18's players retained are not up to 20's

I believe the Magic side, had no 1st grade players, except the fringe youngsters like Dowse, Wislon Ifield whom are 18,19, actually had some 15 year olds, and plenty of 18 year olds whom played a full game prior.
Score should have been 5 or 6 for Magic.

GO AWAY
24-10-2017, 11:59 AM
GA interesing comments on your star studded 20's, stating there isnt a comparison to Magic, im sure those comments will inspire them to great things or maybe all the 18's players retained are not up to 20's

I believe the Magic side, had no 1st grade players, except the fringe youngsters like Dowse, Wislon Ifield whom are 18,19, actually had some 15 year olds, and plenty of 18 year olds whom played a full game prior.
Score should have been 5 or 6 for Magic.

Thanks Ruben

mother theresa
24-10-2017, 12:54 PM

best players by a looooong shot for both indigenous teams, were young Keeper Abrahams- playing for edgy now lakes, tressider CCB, and Tyrrel Magic

Walker
24-10-2017, 01:27 PM

looks like maybe Magic just to good, but very early days and really can't read to much into it
I assume the rock at the back you refer to was Tressider? Have heard some good things about him, he has had some first grade exposure. Maybe he strengthens Azzurri but he would be in Tacnhovski sights surly, not 20's

GO AWAY
24-10-2017, 02:07 PM
looks like maybe Magic just to good, but very early days and really can't read to much into it
I assume the rock at the back you refer to was Tressider? Have heard some good things about him, he has had some first grade exposure. Maybe he strengthens Azzurri but he would be in Tacnhovski sights surly, not 20's

You would hope so, there will need to be young legs around them, with Cook and Pippen in the mix as well, the other 19yo has scored five goals in four games for the indigenous team and has already played twenty first grade games for Azzurri including scoring against Edgeworth in his only First Grade start last year, without being bias haha.

BTW ....Go Away is no longer President of CCB as his work has gotten priority, still follow the boys but. Strong coaches and committee taking the club forward.

Walker
24-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Thx for update, knew you had some affiliation with Azzurri
Shame you have to give up a passion for a necessity hey

I wonder if NNSW have any idea of the work load on a club these days

GO AWAY
24-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Thx for update, knew you had some affiliation with Azzurri
Shame you have to give up a passion for a necessity hey

I wonder if NNSW have any idea of the work load on a club these days

They don"t, and is 90% of the reason I cant be as involved anymore.

Alton
25-10-2017, 01:33 PM
They don"t, and is 90% of the reason I cant be as involved anymore.
Bring back Ned !!

W8 WATCHER
25-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Bring back Ned !!

watch the late dash from behind... SPARKY to the helm
his notable style, right down his alley

Bremsstrahlung
27-10-2017, 07:45 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5017473/ljubo-back-to-boost-blues-after-dark-days/?cs=306

Ljubo to CCB

hawk
27-10-2017, 07:56 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5017473/ljubo-back-to-boost-blues-after-dark-days/?cs=306

Ljubo to CCB

wow

lols but

Keen to escape the “rat race” of Melbourne, Milicevic moved to Bondi immediately after the season

from rat race to Satans anus is not a better move. Lucky he back in normal town

The Magician
27-10-2017, 08:41 PM
wow

lols but

from rat race to Satans anus is not a better move. Lucky he back in normal town

PPS in action... is that 11 signings now for CCB...

winner
27-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Where is the famous Ned Devine , the guy who bags every other club about buying players and boasts about Charlestown's development and youth policy.
Very quiet of late Ned , not a fan of the new recruitment policy ?

W8 WATCHER
27-10-2017, 10:54 PM

new meaning of blue rinse

youth development at its best- 1 youngster signed, rest on pension
National Premier league or over 35's
committee has identified a loop hole with government pension payments to fund CCBRFC in season 2018

love Lubo though!

MFKS
28-10-2017, 09:48 AM
new meaning of blue rinse

youth development at its best- 1 youngster signed, rest on pension
National Premier league or over 35's
committee has identified a loop hole with government pension payments to fund CCBRFC in season 2018

love Lubo though!

Agree thoroughly but it is great we getting a pile of ex national league level players in the comp

Griff
Ry Griff
Jobe
McBreen
Disco Stu
Ljubo
Bertos

Etc
Etc

Be good if we getting them a fraction younger with stronger legs etc but it still a positive in some ways

MFKS
29-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Happy with Ljubo signing but what about paying this years wages first, not a good look, there's a few players not happy, show us the money

Disgrace if this the case FR

I sure hope they don't slug the juniors and their parents with a pay up earlier demand to get the cash to settle their debts

It just shows they need to drop the wages

If they can't pay them by November then they were paying too much to start with

ForeverRed
29-10-2017, 10:45 PM
I can assure you all this is true, go to CCB Facebook site and the reaction of some of the players after the signing was announced tells a story

GO AWAY
30-10-2017, 09:18 AM
FR ..... you have absolutely zero idea, either take the word of a disgruntled player or the word of a former president who does everything for ZERO dollars, every contract has stated.... all players to be payed October 31st.... which unless you know better, is tomorrow a s required the club b has sent an rmail to ALL players owed, provide up to date bank details as na bet will be deposited tomorrow, ( 31st October ) so please GO AWAY or comment on reality not fantasy land you clown!!!

Apollo Creed
30-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Disgrace if this the case FR

I sure hope they don't slug the juniors and their parents with a pay up earlier demand to get the cash to settle their debts

It just shows they need to drop the wages

If they can't pay them by November then they were paying too much to start with

$800 up front after selection to accept, and rego to be $1200+ in season 2018

ForeverRed
30-10-2017, 11:42 AM
FR ..... you have absolutely zero idea, either take the word of a disgruntled player or the word of a former president who does everything for ZERO dollars, every contract has stated.... all players to be payed October 31st.... which unless you know better, is tomorrow a s required the club b has sent an rmail to ALL players owed, provide up to date bank details as na bet will be deposited tomorrow, ( 31st October ) so please GO AWAY or comment on reality not fantasy land you clown!!!
Go to Dudley pub on a Friday afternoon and there's plenty of disgruntled blokes who can't by a beer, I can only report on what the lads tell me, read the comments on your Facebook page from your own players, looks like the truth hurts some people

Dodo14
30-10-2017, 12:34 PM
$800 up front after selection to accept, and rego to be $1200+ in season 2018

Not sure what age group you are talking about, but the juniors was no where near the $800 up front payment you quoted

Walker
30-10-2017, 01:06 PM
One thing for sure is no other club polarisers this forum quite like Azzurri,

I think it’s great to see a player like Ljubo coming to the local NPL and should be great for Azzurri as well, if they can cash in

Player payments are not due on contracts till 31st October so anyone complaining about not being paid yet is just stirring, disgruntled I would suggest, that said there is only two days to go but who pays a bill before they have to

But it would be very poor form and even worse business practice to be using 2018 money to pay 2017 bills, very short term

Walker
30-10-2017, 01:07 PM
On another subject
Any thoughts on reports that Zane won’t be at Edgeworth next year.

Alton
30-10-2017, 01:33 PM
On another subject
Any thoughts on reports that Zane won’t be at Edgeworth next year.

If he is thinking about it that means he has had enough.

Alton
30-10-2017, 01:33 PM

I think it’s great to see a player like Ljubo coming to the local NPL and should be great for Azzurri as well, if they can cash in

Player payments are not due on contracts till 31st October so anyone complaining about not being paid yet is just stirring, disgruntled I would suggest, that said there is only two days to go but who pays a bill before they have to

But it would be very poor form and even worse business practice to be using 2018 money to pay 2017 bills, very short term

CCB will be in Northern League one in 3 years

Alton
30-10-2017, 01:34 PM

CCB will be in Northern League one in 3 years

Apollo Creed
30-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Not sure what age group you are talking about, but the juniors was no where near the $800 up front payment you quoted

NPL youth-senior
any new or existing CCB parent out there surely can vouch.
over the last 3+ years requested payment by 30th October a $650-$800 deposit to accept position.

Texas Ranger
30-10-2017, 03:38 PM
NPL youth-senior
any new or existing CCB parent out there surely can vouch.
over the last 3+ years requested payment by 30th October a $650-$800 deposit to accept position.
That's what I heard Apollo. Also believe most other clubs charge far less and don't require payment until February.

GO AWAY
30-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Same as Azzurri, so get over the CCB bagging, as none of you have any idea. If there is any more factual information you would like about this club instead of worrying about your own, please ask away and I will feed you truth boys, unlike some keyboard warriors

Texas Ranger
30-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Same as Azzurri, so get over the CCB bagging, as none of you have any idea. If there is any more factual information you would like about this club instead of worrying about your own, please ask away and I will feed you truth boys, unlike some keyboard warriors
Ok. What are the NPL fees for youth and senior for last season and next season? When are deposits and final balances due? How much is deposit?
You're correct in saying these are rumours, but not yet proven that they are lies.
I can only say what some other clubs have charged.

Walker
30-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Think the Ball is in your court now Go Away
You asked for it

Walker
30-10-2017, 06:39 PM
And to be fair to Azzurri
I have read their Facebook page, 11 comments, NO negative commentary at all. Let alone from players So maybe forever red had a few at Dudley pub and thought he was on Facebook

ForeverRed
30-10-2017, 07:16 PM
I have read their Facebook page, 11 comments, NO negative commentary at all. Let alone from players So maybe forever red had a few at Dudley pub and thought he was on Facebook

Or maybe those comments were deleted, you be the judge

Walker
30-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Or maybe those comments were deleted, you be the judge

Yep maybe, but did you screen shot or save etc
If not, your just stirring

Dontknowmuch
30-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Ok. What are the NPL fees for youth and senior for last season and next season? When are deposits and final balances due? How much is deposit?
You're correct in saying these are rumours, but not yet proven that they are lies.
I can only say what some other clubs have charged.

The silence from Go Away is deafening.

If he does stick to his word I would also like to know what all next seasons players are on and where the money would be coming from? Or do we just go with rumoured amounts and try and work out where the $100k is going to come from.

winner
30-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Maybe you should go and have another look Walker , as the comments ForeverRed spoke are still there and haven't been deleted.
16 comments to be exact , and the one about match payments not being paid are made by a player who has played for Azzurri/CCB for well over 10 years

winner
30-10-2017, 09:39 PM
The silence from Go Away is deafening.

If he does stick to his word I would also like to know what all next seasons players are on and where the money would be coming from? Or do we just go with rumoured amounts and try and work out where the $100k is going to come from.

Go Away , the former CCB president always has a lot to say and then can't back it up with proof. As you said ,his silence is deafening

The Magician
30-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Go Away , the former CCB president always has a lot to say and then can't back it up with proof. As you said ,his silence is deafening

It's the same conversation every year with CCB around this time... deposits demanded to pay bonuses. Would not like to be a Youth player who made their 2019 squads, what is rego going to be then to pay for 2018? Maybe Ljubo can froth up some lattes at the Azzurri club to smooth the hit.

Walker
31-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Maybe you should go and have another look Walker , as the comments ForeverRed spoke are still there and haven't been deleted.
16 comments to be exact , and the one about match payments not being paid are made by a player who has played for Azzurri/CCB for well over 10 years

Must be looking at different Facebook pages

Dontknowmuch
31-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Well it looks like we can go back to the CCB rumours as Go Away has no truths for us. Maybe the rumours are true. Truely if you had the money in the bank why would you wait to a particular date many months after the season ended to pay the players especially when in doing so have given many a chance to spread apparent vicious rumours, you would jut pay them and be done with it.

Cant see Lubjo and a few of the other new stars waiting till October 31st for their money next season and at a guess the wage bill will be minimum 5 times as big as this years total.

Jardelsimage
01-11-2017, 06:55 AM
new movie coming out, bit of a doco about CCB, its called Groundhog Day, has anyone seen it yet?

Walker
01-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Well it looks like we can go back to the CCB rumours as Go Away has no truths for us. Maybe the rumours are true. Truely if you had the money in the bank why would you wait to a particular date many months after the season ended to pay the players especially when in doing so have given many a chance to spread apparent vicious rumours, you would jut pay them and be done with it.

Cant see Lubjo and a few of the other new stars waiting till October 31st for their money next season and at a guess the wage bill will be minimum 5 times as big as this years total.

Well I wonder if players are happy campers this morning with their payments safely deposited ��

I have no issue with waiting until date due to pay, standard business practice for me. But I do question why a 10 year player would go to social media to bag out a club that supported him for 10 years before the due date makes me question his motives
But then as a club once he carried on, just pay him, shut him up.

One thing for sure the Azzurri tragedy rolls on, wonder if new president has a plan to grow out of this robbing next year to pay last year.

ForeverRed
01-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Well I wonder if players are happy campers this morning with their payments safely deposited ��

I have no issue with waiting until date due to pay, standard business practice for me. But I do question why a 10 year player would go to social media to bag out a club that supported him for 10 years before the due date makes me question his motives
But then as a club once he carried on, just pay him, shut him up.

One thing for sure the Azzurri tragedy rolls on, wonder if new president has a plan to grow out of this robbing next year to pay last year.

Does this mean your apologising to me mr walker, I can only comment on what I see and you bagged me about the social media comments that I made that you are now agreeing too, remember the aroguard and have a good weekend

Walker
01-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Don’t know why you think I agree with you

My opinion hasn’t changed, any talk of not being paid prior to due date is stirring trouble, you promoted that, today, payment is overdue and If Azzurri haven’t paid they deserve any criticism they cop

ForeverRed
01-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Don’t know why you think I agree with you

My opinion hasn’t changed, any talk of not being paid prior to due date is stirring trouble, you promoted that, today, payment is overdue and If Azzurri haven’t paid they deserve any criticism they cop
I'm talking about how you stated it wasn't on social media, you implied I was drunk, you now know it was on social media, with comments by their own players, all I promoted was the statements from their own players, I started zero, you can apologise now

Blueboy
02-11-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm talking about how you stated it wasn't on social media, you implied I was drunk, you now know it was on social media, with comments by their own players, all I promoted was the statements from their own players, I started zero, you can apologise now

Let's all move on shall we

Dontknowmuch
03-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Let's all move on shall we

Its clear that Walker was mistaken, when he said there were no disgruntled players on the Facebook page. So to be fair the mistake should be acknowledged and ForeverRed should be apologised to.

Where is Go Away with all this CCB info for us?

Bon
03-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Man, this thread just keeps on delivering.. :thumbsup: :popcorn:

EH9
03-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Rumoured player signings

Valo Aiden Gardner

Marcus Duncan - Maitland

hamburgler
04-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Marcus Duncan - Maitland

If true, and 7 firsts players signed, that’s a real vote of confidence in the Maitland 20s grand final winning side!

Player development at its best!

prawnhead
04-11-2017, 06:55 PM
If true, and 7 firsts players signed, that’s a real vote of confidence in the Maitland 20s grand final winning side!

Or the Pirate at his best - aha!

EH9
04-11-2017, 09:48 PM

I reckon the gap in quality between the new signings and what was running around in 20's is reasonably large. Didn't appear to be too many lads running around in that 20's team that one would think... 'gee he is ready for first grade'.

I can only count 6 new names though...... Swans x 2, Duncan, Read, Thomas, Thompson. Who have I missed?

MFKS
04-11-2017, 11:36 PM

Well done to the U20s at Maitland winning the GF

Yeah they got on a run and done the business in the finals and took home the trophy

They didn't look like a side wall to wall full of impending first graders

Just a side in form and having the fortune falling their way at the end of the year etc

Imyourhero
05-11-2017, 10:31 AM
Lol poor Maitland 20s getting hammered.
Can't wait to see the other first grade squads all full of fresh faces & names this year from the u20s they're all promoting.

hamburgler
05-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Lol poor Maitland 20s getting hammered.
Can't wait to see the other first grade squads all full of fresh faces & names this year from the u20s they're all promoting.

We are saying the same thing in different ways. I believe for Olympic fb about 5 (don’t quote me) from 20s up to firsts squad. That would be rare, I don’t think too many other clubs promoting many players. They all keep them hanging iwith empty promises

Blueboy
05-11-2017, 02:16 PM
We are saying the same thing in different ways. I believe for Olympic fb about 5 (don’t quote me) from 20s up to firsts squad. That would be rare, I don’t think too many other clubs promoting many players. They all keep them hanging iwith empty promises

Which 5 are they? The same five that were in the squad last year?
Looks like Olympic are the team that has signed more players than anyone this year

winner
05-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Which 5 are they? The same five that were in the squad last year?
Looks like Olympic are the team that has signed more players than anyone this year
Funniest post i have read this year Blueboy. How has anyone signed more players than Charlestown.
Danny Ireland
Grant Brown
Tommy Smart
Kevin Davidson
Ljubo Milicevic
Riley McNaughton
Daniel Bird
Cal Lewis
Scott Smith
Kane Goodchild
That's 10 new players not including the keeper they signed from Singleton. And you and Hamburgler are complaining about Olympic and Maitland signing players ?

immersion
05-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Funniest post i have read this year Blueboy. How has anyone signed more players than Charlestown.
Danny Ireland
Grant Brown
Tommy Smart
Kevin Davidson
Ljubo Milicevic
Riley McNaughton
Daniel Bird
Cal Lewis
Scott Smith
Kane Goodchild
That's 10 new players not including the keeper they signed from Singleton. And you and Hamburgler are complaining about Olympic and Maitland signing players ?

Anyone know if this can be supported by the PPS?

De-Champ
05-11-2017, 05:50 PM
You mean the self policing PPS that only a handful of people really understand.

immersion
05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
You mean the self policing PPS that only a handful of people really understand.

Yeah that exact one.

EH9
05-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Anyone know if this can be supported by the PPS?

It appears like they just might! A lot will depend if the Federation let them put in 0 and 1 point players to fill out the squad.

The Magician
05-11-2017, 08:45 PM
It appears like they just might! A lot will depend if the Federation let them put in 0 and 1 point players to fill out the squad.

Only Kevi wouldn't attract bonus points because he has come from inter-district, every other player has come from NNSWF premier competitions or other NPL's... therefore plus 10 plus 5

winner
05-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Only Kevi wouldn't attract bonus points because he has come from inter-district, every other player has come from NNSWF premier competitions or other NPL's... therefore plus 10 plus 5

Goodchild smith and bird all played some juniors there ? So wouldn't be worth 15
Cal Lewis from Newfm so i think he is only worth ? Or is that only for inter district players ?

The Magician
05-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Goody and smith etc played early for Azzuri. The Youth points only count for when they are actually playing U15's from 2012, when it was premier colts. before then no clubs had youth and NNSWF aint have good records on U18's players before that. E.g. Azzuri were trying to get compensation points for Jay Richley, but the years they were claiming compensation, he was actually at Magic. Good book keeping.

Flyingsaucer76
05-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Goody and smith etc played early for Azzuri. The Youth points only count for when they are actually playing U15's from 2012, when it was premier colts. before then no clubs had youth and NNSWF aint have good records on U18's players before that. E.g. Azzuri were trying to get compensation points for Jay Richley, but the years they were claiming compensation, he was actually at Magic. Good book keeping.

100 % incorrect.

There was this thing called FYL before there federation decided to stuff with it and azzurri had teams in this so players like Goodchild, smith, Tull ect are all -5 straight away for playing juniors from early 2000s.

Still it’ll be interesting to see them fit all these players in but from what I’ve been told they will have 20 players at early 170s with enough to add 2-3 youth prospects in to the squad if they want to.

Maitland will be interesting if they have signed 7-8 players as suggested as all of these have come from npl teams?? with none being juniors?? so that’s 105-120 points with 60-75 points for 12-13 players still to fit in.

The Magician
05-11-2017, 09:30 PM
100 % incorrect.

There was this thing called FYL before there federation decided to stuff with it and azzurri had teams in this so players like Goodchild, smith, Tull ect are all -5 straight away for playing juniors from early 2000s.

Still it’ll be interesting to see them fit all these players in but from what I’ve been told they will have 20 players at early 170s with enough to add 2-3 youth prospects in to the squad if they want to.

Maitland will be interesting if they have signed 7-8 players as suggested as all of these have come from npl teams?? with none being juniors?? so that’s 105-120 points with 60-75 points for 12-13 players still to fit in.

NNSWF 100% don't care about clubs making claims players were youth players before 2012, all here-say, FYL, GYL or XYZ... Even though we know some players played "juniors" for certain clubs not disputing that. that 8 x 15 is 120... they have to fit in another 12 players in the remaining 60 points... not even Sneddos creative accounting can solve that conundrum.

Flyingsaucer76
05-11-2017, 09:50 PM
NNSWF 100% don't care about clubs making claims players were youth players before 2012, all here-say, FYL, GYL or XYZ... Even though we know some players played "juniors" for certain clubs not disputing that. that 8 x 15 is 120... they have to fit in another 12 players in the remaining 60 points... not even Sneddos creative accounting can solve that conundrum.

I know that players who were at least 25 by 2012 have junior point discounts at certain clubs. By your rules this doesn’t happen...

Also been told recently that nnsw have had a complaint put in by another npl team about CCB signing so many players and nnsw issued CCB with a please explain about their points.

Interested to know which other club that might’ve been....

Flyingsaucer76
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM

It’s also not here say if you have the paperwork to prove it...

The Magician
05-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Also been told recently that nnsw have had a complaint put in by another npl team about CCB signing so many players and nnsw issued CCB with a please explain about their points.

Interested to know which other club that might’ve been....

Most probably the club that most of CCB's players came from.. hahahahha

terryk
05-11-2017, 09:59 PM

FYL always felt like a major rort to me at the time and my thoughts still today. Selected clubs where talent was funnelled to regardless of which division their first team played in. Much fairer today where your obligation as an NPL club is to have the youth teams as part of your licence. I understand that it creates a lot of extra work for clubs but really is a positive thing in my eyes especially for the clubs who feel they have a responsibility to develope players and take it seriously. And in light of all that a sensible decision buy Northern, one of few though. Still not clear what constitutes a youth player as part of pps but the bow is starting to get long if we have to start relying on competitions and youth points from at least ten years ago. PPS no credibility after the Jaffas for last couple years, not blaming jaffas.

winner
05-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Go to Dudley pub on a Friday afternoon and there's plenty of disgruntled blokes who can't by a beer, I can only report on what the lads tell me, read the comments on your Facebook page from your own players, looks like the truth hurts some people

Any news on whether your mates , the players from CCB have been paid yet ForeverRed

Texas Ranger
06-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Any news on whether your mates , the players from CCB have been paid yet ForeverRed
I'm still waiting for GA to come good on his promise and inform us of fees and when and how much initial deposits are.

winner
06-11-2017, 06:37 AM
I'm still waiting for GA to come good on his promise and inform us of fees and when and how much initial deposits are.

Don't hold your breath on that one Texas

MFKS
06-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Don't hold your breath on that one Texas

The whole foz has been waiting nearly a week now for him to deliver the proof back up his claims

Still waiting

Apollo Creed
06-11-2017, 10:26 AM
The whole foz has been waiting nearly a week now for him to deliver the proof back up his claims

Still waiting

either way
10+ new players signed and counting, all high wagers averaging $600+ per week, to a club whom is infamous of no money, and delayed payments
surely not a great formulae for any club,
especially the message to existing players of 2017 in 1sts and 20's your all shit, and we need new teams.
Time will tell, either they win the comp by 20 points or they fail and the club ends up in Zone Premier League for ever.
i wish them luck

immersion
07-11-2017, 09:14 AM
either way
10+ new players signed and counting, all high wagers averaging $600+ per week, to a club whom is infamous of no money, and delayed payments
surely not a great formulae for any club,
especially the message to existing players of 2017 in 1sts and 20's your all shit, and we need new teams.
Time will tell, either they win the comp by 20 points or they fail and the club ends up in Zone Premier League for ever.
i wish them luck

They all can't be earning $600+ because that would mean the 10 players would cost 108k for the year at a minimum. Without including the 11th field player and subs. Plus, if anyone earns more than $600 a game the budget would rise again.

Surely no club could afford to pay this amount?

MFKS
07-11-2017, 12:52 PM
They all can't be earning $600+ because that would mean the 10 players would cost 108k for the year at a minimum. Without including the 11th field player and subs. Plus, if anyone earns more than $600 a game the budget would rise again.

Apparently they can't

That why juniors are hit up to pay the shortfalls

Apollo Creed
07-11-2017, 04:50 PM

Danny Ireland -$900+
Grant Brown- $500+
Tommy Smart- $500+
Kevin Davidson- $400+
Ljubo Milicevic- $1500
Riley McNaughton- $450+
Daniel Bird- $500+
Cal Lewis- $400+
Scott Smith - $600
Kane Goodchild- $600+
R Fergiuson- $400
M Tull- $500+
the list goes on, otherwise whats the attraction the stella dominance in football over the years

immersion
07-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Danny Ireland -$900+
Grant Brown- $500+
Tommy Smart- $500+
Kevin Davidson- $400+
Ljubo Milicevic- $1500
Riley McNaughton- $450+
Daniel Bird- $500+
Cal Lewis- $400+
Scott Smith - $600
Kane Goodchild- $600+
R Fergiuson- $400
M Tull- $500+
the list goes on, otherwise whats the attraction the stella dominance in football over the years

Crazy. Even if you're within 20% of being correct on the low end it's simply madness. I don't even think the jaffers could foot that bill.

Blueboy
07-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Danny Ireland -$900+
Grant Brown- $500+
Tommy Smart- $500+
Kevin Davidson- $400+
Ljubo Milicevic- $1500
Riley McNaughton- $450+
Daniel Bird- $500+
Cal Lewis- $400+
Scott Smith - $600
Kane Goodchild- $600+
R Fergiuson- $400
M Tull- $500+

You are way off you flog

Tonester
07-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Danny Ireland -$900+
Grant Brown- $500+
Tommy Smart- $500+
Kevin Davidson- $400+
Ljubo Milicevic- $1500
Riley McNaughton- $450+
Daniel Bird- $500+
Cal Lewis- $400+
Scott Smith - $600
Kane Goodchild- $600+
R Fergiuson- $400
M Tull- $500+

Daniel Bird is interested in you becoming his agent.

The Magician
13-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Kieran Saunders to Jaffas... can anyone confirm...

MFKS
13-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Surprising if true

I thought Millsy gave him a job and was really looking after him at Edgy

Stanley
13-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Surprising if true

I thought Millsy gave him a job and was really looking after him at Edgy

He wont need a job with what Jaffas are paying

winner
13-11-2017, 03:33 PM

Have heard Edgeworth are losing 6 , possibly 7 of their first team . Including Saunders to Jaffas.

The Magician
13-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Have heard Edgeworth are losing 6 , possibly 7 of their first team . Including Saunders to Jaffas.
Doesnt help when your first grade coach hasnt made his mind up if he is coaching yet and its November.

Walker
13-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Doesnt help when your first grade coach hasnt made his mind up if he is coaching yet and its November.

Agree, hard to commit to a club when coach hasn’t

6-7 seems a lot, but already lost, Brice, Moore, Moriyasu, Saunders, that’s 4
Bizzari to Olympic still buzzing around, with a connection to new coach I believe

I would imagine others could leave more easily if Zane goes

Stanley
13-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Ah yep that is right

immersion
14-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Agree, hard to commit to a club when coach hasn’t

6-7 seems a lot, but already lost, Brice, Moore, Moriyasu, Saunders, that’s 4
Bizzari to Olympic still buzzing around, with a connection to new coach I believe

I would imagine others could leave more easily if Zane goes

Perhaps the coach started the saga?

Unusual for so many players to leave a team when they have been so successful. Because other than McBreen no is if of age to retire. And the paper said he is going around again. It's generally hard to break up a team that is winning.

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2017, 07:35 AM
It’s a domino effect though.
They all stay if everyone is being loyal. Being successful also makes you a target for other clubs who are willing to put up a bit more cash. When one or two leave, plus uncertainty re coach, it kind of makes everyone question their position and if they should cash in on success and leave like everyone else.

immersion
14-11-2017, 07:43 AM
It’s a domino effect though.
They all stay if everyone is being loyal. Being successful also makes you a target for other clubs who are willing to put up a bit more cash. When one or two leave, plus uncertainty re coach, it kind of makes everyone question their position and if they should cash in on success and leave like everyone else.

But my understanding is most of the players that have left, chose to leave before the coach decided to throw the club into limbo. Which leads me to think there is something up in there with the club.

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Only takes one to look for greener pastures and everybody else starts to look out the window.

immersion
14-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Only takes one to look for greener pastures and everybody else starts to look out the window.

Maybe. Took those players a long time to decide to chase money. Money mean less as players age IMO. I still think something is up with the coaching staff and the players. Because Edgy surely have the cash with FFA cups they have been in against A-league teams, on top of that sponsorship etc. They'd have to be close to being able to offer what other clubs are offering or more than most i would think.

Blueboy
14-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Not gunna happen

Apollo Creed
14-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Not gunna happen

you right
all signing for CCB,

De-Champ
14-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Maybe. Took those players a long time to decide to chase money. Money mean less as players age IMO. I still think something is up with the coaching staff and the players. Because Edgy surely have the cash with FFA cups they have been in against A-league teams, on top of that sponsorship etc. They'd have to be close to being able to offer what other clubs are offering or more than most i would think.

Maybe they just wanted a change. They are not the only club to lose 5/6 players. Olympic have lost what 9 players, adamstown a similar number, azzurri has acquired a whole knew team, so must lose players, etc

winner
14-11-2017, 03:27 PM
I am hearing the first trial game of the season was played last Saturday between Hamilton and Western Sydney youth. Any details ?

Apollo Creed
14-11-2017, 03:41 PM
I am hearing the first trial game of the season was played last Saturday between Hamilton and Western Sydney youth. Any details ?

lost 6-8 nil

Apollo Creed
14-11-2017, 03:46 PM
You are way off you flog

"way off you flog"
like your mate Go Away, please enlighten the forum Bluey, if the amounts are not there abouts?
otherwise
who would leave a top 4 team and play for a team for less money, and poor record

winner
14-11-2017, 03:53 PM
lost 6-8 nil

Who lost 6 - 8 nil Apollo

Apollo Creed
14-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Who lost 6 - 8 nil Apollo

apologies
Olympic

prawnhead
14-11-2017, 04:50 PM
"way off you flog"
like your mate Go Away, please enlighten the forum Bluey, if the amounts are not there abouts?
otherwise
who would leave a top 4 team and play for a team for less money, and poor record

It's simple Apollo - the opportunity of quality coaching. Geez

Blueboy
14-11-2017, 05:29 PM
apologies
Olympic

Good result

hamburgler
14-11-2017, 06:17 PM
I believe draft draw for 2018 is with clubs for comment

winner
15-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Anyone want to have a shot at tips for next year. Here's mine
Lambton
Broadmeadow
Edgeworth
Charlestown
Maitland
Valentine
Hamilton
Lakes
Jets
Weston
Adamstown
Lambton will be too strong. Magic and Edgy will be strong enough to stay in semi. Charlestown have a whole new starting 11 but either them or Maitland will replace Hamilton in the semis.
Valo will struggle without their yankee striker and the bottom 4 sides won't be strong enough to put up any challenge for a semi spot

MFKS
15-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Lambton
Broadmeadow
Edgeworth
Charlestown
Maitland
Valentine
Hamilton
Lakes
Jets
Weston
Adamstown
Lambton will be too strong. Magic and Edgy will be strong enough to stay in semi. Charlestown have a whole new starting 11 but either them or Maitland will replace Hamilton in the semis.
Valo will struggle without their yankee striker and the bottom 4 sides won't be strong enough to put up any challenge for a semi spot

Think it best to we see whether the Edgy alleged implosion eventuates

If they losing all the blokes as claimed it going to make some clubs a lot stronger than they currently are

Walker
15-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Think it best to we see whether the Edgy alleged implosion eventuates

If they losing all the blokes as claimed it going to make some clubs a lot stronger than they currently are

At this stage the only thing getting “stronger” is the Victorian NPL

Walker
16-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Headline in today’s Daily Telegraph, pg 57
“ Azzurri to review youth policey after World Cup disaster “

Haha could be a similar headline locally next year here

chocolate soldier
16-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Lambton
Broadmeadow
Edgeworth
Charlestown
Maitland
Valentine
Hamilton
Lakes
Jets
Weston
Adamstown

Its November, slow day for you to come up with tips already??
surely can't entertain this, still have plenty of time for players to jump around yet

winner
16-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Its November, slow day for you to come up with tips already??
surely can't entertain this, still have plenty of time for players to jump around yet

Sorry Choc , it was a slow news day yesterday. But i thought , hey if we are already playing trial games in November surely we can start tipping ?

Stanley
17-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Trials in November? What a joke

Blueboy
17-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Trials in November? What a joke

Couldn't agree more

immersion
17-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Couldn't agree more

Why do you think its a bad idea? Maybe the majority of players enjoy it? Who doesn't enjoy a hobby?

Even Edgeworth would be lucky to play 35 games (including trials) a year when they won everything and made well into the FFA cup, and the post season comp. In Europe guys are playing 45+ a year competitevely. Albeit, i dont mean to compare. But from the standpoint of enjoyment, if you enjoy it, why not play?

Blueboy
17-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Why do you think its a bad idea? Maybe the majority of players enjoy it? Who doesn't enjoy a hobby?

Even Edgeworth would be lucky to play 35 games (including trials) a year when they won everything and made well into the FFA cup, and the post season comp. In Europe guys are playing 45+ a year competitevely. Albeit, i dont mean to compare. But from the standpoint of enjoyment, if you enjoy it, why not play?

Yeah in Europe there getting paid to play you pelican.

MFKS
17-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Judging by some of the exorbitant figures in the NBN then some of these blokes could get away with working full time as professional footballer etc

Texas Ranger
17-11-2017, 05:49 PM
I haven't heard too many complaining about getting game time. If they aint gettin paid they must just love the game. No one holding gun to their head.
Maybe games interfering with your bird watching.

Blueboy
18-11-2017, 01:44 PM
I haven't heard too many complaining about getting game time. If they aint gettin paid they must just love the game. No one holding gun to their head.
Maybe games interfering with your bird watching.

Training 3 nights a week and a game. Great hobby. If you don't show up, you don't play, I'm sure there is plenty that are keen for a break.

Texas Ranger
18-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Training 3 nights a week and a game. Great hobby. If you don't show up, you don't play, I'm sure there is plenty that are keen for a break.
So who are training 3 nights a week and playing games on top of that? Sounds pretty soft if they do complain about a bit of training and playing in excess of 25 games a year.
It's NPL, not hobby night at the retirement village!

The Magician
21-11-2017, 11:47 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5070334/jaffas-snare-eagles-import/?cs=2439#slide=1

Hammel and Saunders confirmed joining the Jaff Jaffs...

ForeverRed
22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Not gunna happen
It happened

cobra23
22-11-2017, 08:35 AM
It happened

God I love the no it alls in this forum,
And I love it even more when they get proven wrong time and time again

cobra23
22-11-2017, 08:39 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5070334/jaffas-snare-eagles-import/?cs=2439#slide=1

Hammel and Saunders confirmed joining the Jaff Jaffs...

Wow ,
Head ache time for Pascoe. Definitely not short on attackers

The Magician
22-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Hahahhahaa... they aint wrong .. they just dont know yet... even if its about their own club.

Walker
22-11-2017, 09:15 AM
The herald article clears up a few things
Saunders to Jaffas
Zane staying on, but according to some that will cause more player movement
Brody Taylor to Melbourne NPL, confirmed.
Edgeworth have lost some midfield, Saunders, Taylor, Moriyasu, Moore along with Brice. Some big shoes to fill

The Magician
22-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Saunders to Jaffas
Edgeworth have lost some midfield, Saunders, Taylor, Moriyasu, Moore along with Brice. Some big shoes to fill

They will be ok... theres no relegation in 2018

Blueboy
22-11-2017, 10:17 AM

You must have a pretty boring life, if that excites you.

The Magician
22-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Saunders to Jaffas

Edgie's centre of excellence at South Wallsend will start producing soon.

Walker
22-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Edgie's centre of excellence at South Wallsend will start producing soon.

That’s very funny

cobra23
22-11-2017, 10:10 PM
You must have a pretty boring life, if that excites you.

I must,
Because it does excite me

The Magician
22-11-2017, 10:15 PM
I must,
Because it does excite me

Im excited by your excitement Cobra... Bring on 2018!!!

onlooker
24-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Have heard that Weston are Looking to get back some senior players who have left in recent years.

Alton
27-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Have heard that Weston are Looking to get back some senior players who have left in recent years.

King, Miller, Kavanagh, Bellamy

mervan
27-11-2017, 09:14 PM
King, Miller, Kavanagh, Bellamy

JJ Johnson

Alton
28-11-2017, 02:07 PM
JJ Johnson

JJ Turnbull

mervan
28-11-2017, 08:43 PM
JJ Turnbull
Correct, I was all over the JJ

NewyTy
29-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Draw most likely days from release as it's being slowly spread around now. Got to say I've never seen an opening day like that. Three grudge games including GF rematch.

Very interesting to see Mid North Coast get an 18's team too. Guessing it's the first phase of potentially having a team up there. More football for the 18's but will be a challenge to schedule wash-outs if and when it does rain during the season.

1503 1504 1505 1506

*Edit: Pictures turned out a bit small :rof: (Posted the draw here: http://www.newysports.com/2017/11/nnsw-npl-draw-2018.html)

MFKS
29-11-2017, 01:55 AM
Draw most likely days from release as it's being slowly spread around now. Got to say I've never seen an opening day like that. Three grudge games including GF rematch.

Very interesting to see Mid North Coast get an 18's team too. Guessing it's the first phase of potentially having a team up there. More football for the 18's but will be a challenge to schedule wash-outs if and when it does rain during the season.

1503 1504 1505 1506

*Edit: Pictures turned out a bit small :rof: (Posted the draw here: http://www.newysports.com/2017/11/nnsw-npl-draw-2018.html)

Considering the Mid North Coast are playing at Speers Point their away games they certain to be playing them

Just a matter of getting through their home games without too much chaos

tucker's daughter
29-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Very interesting article in the Herald tomorrow regarding Kieran Sanders especially the interview he gives about playing in Cairns. Why would he be doing a tv interview if he signed with Jaffas last week ?

onlooker
30-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Very interesting article in the Herald tomorrow regarding Kieran Sanders especially the interview he gives about playing in Cairns. Why would he be doing a tv interview if he signed with Jaffas last week ?
I am pretty confident in saying he will not be playing for the Jaffas next season, with all that Edgy do for him whilst he is in the Newcastle area he won’t play for another club if he stays. But good chance he won’t be staying.

Cabaye#4
01-12-2017, 08:35 PM
So why did he sign with jaffas in the first place?

Texas Ranger
02-12-2017, 07:21 PM
I heard Jaffas played Olympic today. Any score?

winner
02-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Heard Jaffas won 2 - 0 out on the synthetic

Fairgo
03-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Heard Jaffas won 2 - 0 out on the synthetic

1 nil Jaffas who was offside by about 5 meters.

Stanley
05-12-2017, 01:58 PM
1 nil Jaffas who was offside by about 5 meters.

What other teams are playing trials at this time of year and what's the news on player movements, have heard Dylan Holtz is on his way out of Edgeworth

Alton
05-12-2017, 02:25 PM
What other teams are playing trials at this time of year and what's the news on player movements, have heard Dylan Holtz is on his way out of Edgeworth

Who cares!!

Alton
05-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Who cares!!

The Holz thing is interesting, he would've been certain of a start seeing 5 have already moved on.

The Magician
05-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Stop spreading rumours about Edgeworth, cant we just wait for the Herald to do its thing! They are having enough trouble trying to stake out cafes to make sure no one is talking about them, and to make things worse most cafes only have 1 hour parking out front.

Imyourhero
05-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know how North Coast Football compares to us down here?

The Magician
08-12-2017, 12:19 PM
NewySports had Jaffas v Weston taking place this week... is there a result?

onlooker
08-12-2017, 01:11 PM
NewySports had Jaffas v Weston taking place this week... is there a result?
Weston won 4-0

winner
11-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Weston won 4-0
Jaffas 1st grade or 20s

onlooker
12-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Jaffas 1st grade or 20s

1st grade

hamburgler
13-12-2017, 11:38 AM
1st grade

Surely that couldn’t have been a full strength Jaffas side!

If it was, Weston would be a real force in 2018. I know some will say it’s just a trial

onlooker
13-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Surely that couldn’t have been a full strength Jaffas side!

If it was, Weston would be a real force in 2018. I know some will say it’s just a trial

Hearing from a bloke who played in the game, Jobe, Michael Sessions and Pat Brown where the only 3 to not play.

Speedymetric
13-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Hearing from a bloke who played in the game, Jobe, Michael Sessions and Pat Brown where the only 3 to not play.

Do you know if Sanders played or if he is actually training with Jaffas?

onlooker
13-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Do you know if Sanders played or if he is actually training with Jaffas?

Can confirm he did not and has not, told he is currently not in the country.

GO AWAY
14-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Welcome back boys, hearing Azzurri boys had a good interclub trial on Tuesday night and word is it looked pretty sharp.

Also our 18"s defeated North Coast 6-0
....and all our youth teams defeated Wallsend in trials.

Unowhoweare
14-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Looked sharp in a intraclub trail against 17-19 year olds in the 20s ?
Wow wouldn’t expect that !

GO AWAY
14-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Think you will find both teams were mixed together mate, so not sure where your information is coming from.

Unowhoweare
14-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Olympic FC from Queensland signed Kieren Sanders. He was never playing in Newcastle

Blueboy
16-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Yeah not so wrong after all.
I accept your apology

The Magician
23-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Morris from Jaffas... back to Weston

Cabaye#4
23-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Anyone got a score from Wednesday’s jaffas v kahibah trial?

onlooker
23-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Anyone got a score from Wednesday’s jaffas v kahibah trial?

Newy sports on face book said 6-1 to Jaffas