PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
04-01-2017, 09:29 PM
discussion starts here

ICEBERG10
09-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Westlakes Wildcats ZL1 preseason training will start on Thursday February 2nd at 6:15 for this season. All are welcome to attend. Please forward this message to any people who may be interested.

We are also looking for a 3rd grade coach for this season. Anyone who is interested or knows someone who may be interested in the position please PM me.

DonPablo
09-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Less than 2 months preseason? Lol.

Here's my predictions. In no particular order, except where I think they'll finish.

1. Raybans Terrace
2. Warners Pay
3. Chefs Hill
4. Ballsend
5. John Stockton
6. Karlstown
7. Terrorsfield
8. Garbage Suburbs
9. Shedsley
10. Westcakes

WFC_ZL
10-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Wallsend FC - Zone League 1

Preseason training starts Wednesday the 11th of January at 6:15pm, Federal Park Wallsend.
All interested players please be there at 6pm for a 6:15pm start.
For more information please contact head coach Scott Baillie on 0416046255 or Raymond Dobson on 0439315690

RANGER09
10-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Raymond Terrace 2017 -Zone League One

Training starts Thursday 19th January - at King Park 6.30pm

the next training session will be Wednesday 25th January at King Park 6.30pm
Anyone interested in joining our club are more than welcome to come along, be there by 6pm.
enquires, please call Ken ----0458061469

Frodo
11-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Less than 2 months preseason? Lol.

Here's my predictions. In no particular order, except where I think they'll finish.

1. Raybans Terrace
2. Warners Pay
3. Chefs Hill
4. Ballsend
5. John Stockton
6. Karlstown
7. Terrorsfield
8. Garbage Suburbs
9. Shedsley
10. Westcakes

I feel like you are probably more proud of this than you should be...

ICEBERG10
21-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Hey guys

Westlakes Wildcats are looking for anyone interested in a trial game on the 18/19th February.

We are happy to travel or host the game.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers

Redback
26-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Thornton Redbacks looking for trial next Sunday the 5th February able to host or willing to travel. If your available feel free to contact Darrel McAllister on 0426 254 300

oneeye
03-02-2017, 05:00 PM
This thread has been pretty quiet ? What's the word from the joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ? Or any dark horses ?

onlooker
03-02-2017, 05:37 PM
This thread has been pretty quiet ? What's the word from the joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ? Or any dark horses ?

Stockton and Warnersbay joint favs when did this happen surely it's cooks hill.

Sir
06-02-2017, 11:14 AM
joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ?

"Joint favourites?" - What happened here? Or is this a biased comment?

Has there been any trials?

onlooker
06-02-2017, 02:31 PM
It's been super quiet on all fronts I haven't even heard the usual rumours around training of what other teams are doing, signing, or the usual boasting from clubs of how good they are going to be

Sir
06-02-2017, 02:50 PM
It's been super quiet on all fronts I haven't even heard the usual rumours around training of what other teams are doing, signing, or the usual boasting from clubs of how good they are going to be

Care to begin? Starting with the Cooks Hill hype.

onlooker
06-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Care to begin? Starting with the Cooks Hill hype.
No hype on cooks hill, they where a quality team last year, no idea of gains/losses
Just going off last years form. Would guess they may have picked up a few from the newfm cookers team who didn't make the cut!

Sir
06-02-2017, 03:39 PM
I expect Terrace, Stockton and Cooks Hill to be strong from their last years performance.

Everyone is also talking about Warners Bay schnitzel money?

We have Wallsend and Westlakes that moved up. Both teams sounded strong.
Westlakes sound like a similar team to last years, that won the premiership.
Wallsend I am keen to know on any losses to NPL1 (heard maybe) or gains from trails.

Any news from other teams?

onlooker
06-02-2017, 04:24 PM
I expect Terrace, Stockton and Cooks Hill to be strong from their last years performance.

Wallsend I am keen to know on any losses to NPL1 (heard maybe) or gains from trails.

One thing I did hear the other day was some players at bero weren't to happy ( no idea who )and their coach/res grade player will no longer be there. Even tho suburbs didn't get many points last year did read that they were competitive in most games so they could be tough coming down the grade.

MonkeyKplunk
07-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Muswellbrook Eagles are looking for trial games during February/March for both First and Reserve Grade teams.
Can do either home or away.
If you're team is interested, please get in contact with me via PM here, or I can PM you.

onlooker
07-02-2017, 06:09 PM
ZPL thread says a team dropping down and expressions of interest from here are being sought to go up. Interesting

Roundball Enthusiast
07-02-2017, 09:31 PM
ZPL thread says a team dropping down and expressions of interest from here are being sought to go up. Interesting

Given the teams that applied were promoted. Would be interesting to see who would apply mid way through pre-season to go up.

leftrightout
07-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Given the teams that applied were promoted. Would be interesting to see who would apply mid way through pre-season to go up.

Garden Suburb probably could depending on how strong they stayed from last year? Would be a hard step up though!
I would like to see Stockton have a go, i think they would do well in ZPL... going off last year that is!

Dobbo
08-02-2017, 04:29 PM

We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.

Sir
08-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Wow. Interesting. Know who dropped?
A few good candidates that could go up.

Kicktheball
08-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Morriset want to be dropped. Who do you think deserves to move up into ZPL ?

beaten favourite
08-02-2017, 05:29 PM
For mine WB only club with the depth to be competitive in all 3 grades. From the bit i saw last year of ZPL a few first grade ZL1 teams would be competitive but ZPL Ressies & Thirds is a definite step up from ZL1.

leftrightout
08-02-2017, 06:04 PM
For mine WB only club with the depth to be competitive in all 3 grades. From the bit i saw last year of ZPL a few first grade ZL1 teams would be competitive but ZPL Ressies & Thirds is a definite step up from ZL1.

I think Cooks Hill would be competitive in all grades, didn't they make semis in all last season?

Sir
08-02-2017, 06:07 PM

That's a terribly biased claim, seeing as though not many teams have even had a trial yet...
I don't see why the following teams couldn't move up:

Stockton - Peformance last year
Raymond Terrace - Performance last year
Garden Suburbs - Got dropped from there, still seems a valid option

sammydog
08-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Garden Suburb will not be applying to go up, the club committee and the Zone League Committee met tonight and we have decided to stay in ZL1.

We were relegated last season and will work as a club to rebuild towards promotion.

Good luck to whoever steps up.

beaten favourite
08-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Definitely not biased I play for Cooks Hill. I reckon Stockton & Raymond Terrace could be competitive in first grade but no disrespect but look where their lower grades finished last year. And as I stated previously there's a big step up in depth in ZPL.
As for no trials yet the association would only have last year to go on. I'm not bagging the clubs it's just my opinion that the only current club that would competitive across all 3 grades is WB. Based solely on last years result and recent track records.
Cooks Hill have already been told that we're at the bottom of the queue due to having a NEWFM squad. I think they want ZPL teams to be their clubs highest team if that makes sense. So anyone who puts a submission in would go ahead of us, other than Wallsend I suppose.

beaten favourite
08-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Ps what happens if no ZL1 clubs want to go up?
Is Morriset stuck there?

hawk
08-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Ps what happens if no ZL1 clubs want to go up?
Is Morriset stuck there?

Bye?

Roundball Enthusiast
08-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Bye?

My understanding is, they wont accept the "demotion" until another club applies and Northern accepts them to take the spot.

So Morriset will stay unless someone applies.

beaten favourite
08-02-2017, 10:46 PM
What a nightmare that'd be. 9 & 11 team comps. Has Morrisets request been approved or is it pending a suitable replacement??

Passtheballmate
08-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Definitely not biased I play for Cooks Hill. I reckon Stockton & Raymond Terrace could be competitive in first grade but no disrespect but look where their lower grades finished last year. And as I stated previously there's a big step up in depth in ZPL.
As for no trials yet the association would only have last year to go on. I'm not bagging the clubs it's just my opinion that the only current club that would competitive across all 3 grades is WB. Based solely on last years result and recent track records.
Cooks Hill have already been told that we're at the bottom of the queue due to having a NEWFM squad. I think they want ZPL teams to be their clubs highest team if that makes sense. So anyone who puts a submission in would go ahead of us, other than Wallsend I suppose.

Sounds about right there, both Terrace and Stockton 1st grade made the finals but lower grades finished bottom half. Unless they can prove they have recruited well enough you can only go off last years results.

Anyone from either club care to comment if they are applying? My pick would be Warners Bay to go up.

Premy
08-02-2017, 11:19 PM
What a nightmare that'd be. 9 & 11 team comps. Has Morrisets request been approved or is it pending a suitable replacement??

Both comps will have 10 teams. It will either be the club who asked to be demoted is replaced by a ZL1 club or the club who asked to be demoted have their request denied and they play ZPL.

WWMTD?
08-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Uh god I hope they stay there, nobody wants morisset back in ZL1, them getting promoted was the best thing for ZL1 last year. Send them back to ZL3 if you have to!

namwob99
09-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Uh god I hope they stay there, nobody wants morisset back in ZL1, them getting promoted was the best thing for ZL1 last year. Send them back to ZL3 if you have to!

This!

Jardelsimage
09-02-2017, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=Roundball Enthusiast;173657]My understanding is, they wont accept the "demotion" until another club applies and Northern accepts them to take the spot.

Northern???
they have no say in ZPL...
cheers

C-Mac
09-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Raymond Terrace wont be applying for ZPL for this season.

pv4
09-02-2017, 08:47 AM
We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.

Question I have on Wallsend, and I mean no malice here. I was under the impression you guys didn't train last year, is that right? People told me that, and it made me appreciate how well you guys did compared to all the other teams that did train. And if the no training thing was true, is it true you've now got a former state league coach and are training relatively heavily (for your standards)? It just seems to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I'm just curious how it went down. I just would have assumed that there would have been a big appeal to some of your club men to not train and that's what you previously embraced about the club? So it just seems odd you'd go full bottle now.

Talking about Morisset relegating themselves - I don't fully understand why they'd ask to go from ZPL to ZL1. It doesn't seem to be that drastic a difference to me. I would have thought if any team in ZPL or ZL1 wanted to relegate themselves, it would be due to not being able to field 3 grades? So I guess I'm wondering - are Mory asking to go from ZPL to ZL1 or are they asking to go to ZL2 and only need 2 grades? All hypotheticals, all genuine questions here.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Northern???
cheers

Northern/Macquarie who ever pretends to run the Zone Leagues.

jaypee
09-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Question I have on Wallsend, and I mean no malice here. I was under the impression you guys didn't train last year, is that right? People told me that, and it made me appreciate how well you guys did compared to all the other teams that did train. And if the no training thing was true, is it true you've now got a former state league coach and are training relatively heavily (for your standards)? It just seems to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I'm just curious how it went down. I just would have assumed that there would have been a big appeal to some of your club men to not train and that's what you previously embraced about the club? So it just seems odd you'd go full bottle now.

Talking about Morisset relegating themselves - I don't fully understand why they'd ask to go from ZPL to ZL1. It doesn't seem to be that drastic a difference to me. I would have thought if any team in ZPL or ZL1 wanted to relegate themselves, it would be due to not being able to field 3 grades? So I guess I'm wondering - are Mory asking to go from ZPL to ZL1 or are they asking to go to ZL2 and only need 2 grades? All hypotheticals, all genuine questions here.

ZPL to ZL1.....

Lofty
09-02-2017, 10:28 AM
This!

ZPL don't want them either.

Premy
09-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Northern???
cheers

I have tired to have this conversation with Roundball Enthusiast numerous times and he still doesn't understand :banghead:

The Spy
09-02-2017, 11:28 AM
I have tired to have this conversation with Roundball Enthusiast numerous times and he still doesn't understand :banghead:

How's the pitch for Sunday? We got the ice fans at the ready on the sideline?

Premy
09-02-2017, 11:37 AM
We're up on the top field.
The pitch now runs east to west, cricket pitch has been removed, a heap of top soil has been spread and plenty of TLC has gone into it. It's still not great but it is as soft as it has ever been and a little to soft where the cricket pitch was but it will be fine to play on.

If the unfortunate happens and we have to cancel due to the heat will be having a BBQ back at our sponsor. If this was to happen we would love for all of you to join us to remember a great man.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Its because they all do a shit job, I can never remember who to blame :brrr:

Dobbo
09-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Last year we did train, well we held training sessions once a week and got about 6-10 people to them (mostly reserve grade players), the training started good but as the coaches (myself and one other guy) were players the discipline dropped during the season and players stopped rocking up to training, which you could see in our results.

Yes we do have Scott Baillie as our head coach this year, Scott replied to an advertisement after the 2016 season and came on board as the coach for this year. The training is heavy at the moment but it is good to get back into a higher standard of training, it is also good to not have to coach this year and just concentrate on trying to play the game.

We also advertised for a coach at the start of the 2016 ZL2 season and got no replies so the I coached again same I they did in 2015 ZL3. A few of the club men that didn't train last year are now back up playing in the NL1 squad and training multiple times a week, I think the reason most of them didn't train is they knew they wouldn't get dropped as we were fighting for promotion and didn't have the quality to threaten their places. I think if we had a proper coach last year then more players would have been to training.

If there are any clubs out there wanting a trial for 3 grades, let me know. We are currently looking for games but we don't have a ground to hold them so would have to go to your ground. Thanks and looking forward to the season.

onlooker
09-02-2017, 01:40 PM

I don't see why cooks hill can't go to ZPL, yes I get they have a team in the newfm comp but that comp and the ZPL are run by two different associations and it's not promotion/relegation. You can only go up on application. So I don't see why they can't win or take promotion to the top of the zone comps.

We really have two different comps in our area a two division comp (NPL and newfm) then a 4 comp Zone League. I almost think ZPL needs more love shown to it at least it's something every local club can achieve without breaking the banks.

pv4
09-02-2017, 01:43 PM

All makes sense, thanks for the response. Like I said, credit to you guys for putting such a solid effort in last year and basically not training. I've got no doubt that the ladder would have looked different had you properly trained all year like most others did.

Good luck this year and to yourself enjoy your "break" from coaching and hopefully you get to enjoy the other parts of the club a bit more than normal! It's guys like you that keep our little pub league teams going, keep it up pal.

beaten favourite
09-02-2017, 03:02 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. If we have players that want to take it more seriously and play a higher level they should have a crack at NEWFM and we pick up the blokes that don't make it or don't want to. The association want ZPL to be the main focus of their club theoretically making it more competitive and serious. I know with Cooks Hill so much more resources go into the NEWFM set up and we just do the best with what we get, so i understand it in that sense.

The Cooks Hill players would love to go up and have a crack at ZPL but at the end of the day we're all mates and happy playing wherever they put us!!!

jaypee
09-02-2017, 03:24 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. If we have players that want to take it more seriously and play a higher level they should have a crack at NEWFM and we pick up the blokes that don't make it or don't want to. The association want ZPL to be the main focus of their club theoretically making it more competitive and serious. I know with Cooks Hill so much more resources go into the NEWFM set up and we just do the best with what we get, so i understand it in that sense.

The Cooks Hill players would love to go up and have a crack at ZPL but at the end of the day we're all mates and happy playing wherever they put us!!!

I assume if you guys put in and no one else does you would get promoted?

beaten favourite
09-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Not sure but I imagine so. I'm not sure we will apply though. That's above my pay grade. I certainly haven't heard anyone talking about lodging an application. With Raymond Terrace & Suburbs pulling out only leaves Stocko, WB and maybe us to fill the spot.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-02-2017, 05:00 PM
All trial games cancelled for this weekend, due to the weather predicted.

sammydog
09-02-2017, 06:18 PM
All trial games cancelled for this weekend, due to the weather predicted.

Thats a good call (actually I think its the only call given the forecasts), but I wish I had seen the email before I spent 4 hours stringing out and marking the lines.

Kicktheball
09-02-2017, 07:29 PM
So csn cooks hill get promoted or not?

WWMTD?
09-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Cooks hill aren't applying. As beaten favorite said, we went through this last year when here was an opening and he's right, Newcastle football want other clubs pushing for higher leagues, not 1 club clogging it up, plus internally we don't want to compete with newfm player wise, and having 1 comp in between stops that. ZL1 is plenty competitive, and we still haven't won anything in 1st grade since we've been here, so that's the target still!

namwob99
10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, buuuuut if you've got enough players for 3 sides grit ya teeth and have a go and challenge yourself. What a cop out!

Premy
10-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, buuuuut if you've got enough players for 3 sides grit ya teeth and have a go and challenge yourself. What a cop out!
Yeah you're not the only one thinking it.

jaypee
10-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Unfortunately for players at Motown there is history here. Its like Groundhog day again. In 2010 they won everything in the old Zone League 1 and went to ZPL. They lost a number of players (followed Steve Eagleton to Toronto) and had a young side step up and were beaten by Cooks Hill in the ZPL final.

In 2012 after 3 games they lost all bar 2 players from the first grade team and were then getting beaten 7-0 plus each week (some games were 10 plus).

in 2017 they have lost all of the first grade from last year so would be reliant upon Reserve grade (who came last) and their young thirds. They only have the numbers because an all age side is stepping up.

Its easy to say step up - but have you guys forked out $400 plus to get your arse kicked every week.... its bloody demorilising and unnecessary if a more suitable team can be found.

Macca
10-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Same thing happened at Westlakes a few years back (I wasn't at the club at that time) I believe, a successful season in ZL2 led to promotion but the majority of the first grade team that led them there left the club. Two years of struggle in League 1 ensued, and it does become difficult when you become ingrained into accepting losses every week because they seem inevitable, so I sympathise. I'm sure the decision to request a regrading was not one taken lightly by the club. Hopefully you guys are able to rebuild around a stable group of players and turn things around as we have been able to.

Premy
10-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately for players at Motown there is history here. Its like Groundhog day again. In 2010 they won everything in the old Zone League 1 and went to ZPL. They lost a number of players (followed Steve Eagleton to Toronto) and had a young side step up and were beaten by Cooks Hill in the ZPL final.

In 2012 after 3 games they lost all bar 2 players from the first grade team and were then getting beaten 7-0 plus each week (some games were 10 plus).

in 2017 they have lost all of the first grade from last year so would be reliant upon Reserve grade (who came last) and their young thirds. They only have the numbers because an all age side is stepping up.

Its easy to say step up - but have you guys forked out $400 plus to get your arse kicked every week.... its bloody demorilising and unnecessary if a more suitable team can be found.
I feel your pain I honestly do.

At Garden Suburb for 4 straight years we had the most consistent ZL1 squad and missed out on promotion by 1 point 3 years in a row. When we were asked to take promotion in 2015 with no disrespect to our players that year it was probably the weakest squad we've had over the last 5 years. This was a result of our success as we lost quite a few lads to clubs in higher divisions. The season came around and we fought hard and we're saved from relegation due to a struggling Barnsley side, 2016 came along and we strengthen in some areas and lost in others. Everyone knows how last year went for us and the pride I got from seeing our boys fight week in week out against teams we knew had a little bit more polish than us was great. We weren't far of the pace however at no stage did we feel we didn't belong there and at no stage did we consider asking to go back down.

I understand why Motown has asked for this request but that doesn't mean I agree with it.
All the best for the season ahead with whatever happens, I don't want to see any club struggle especially one that I have mates playing for. I will add one thing, maybe Motown need to dig a little deeper into why you have such a revolving door. Not a criticism just an observation.

jaypee
10-02-2017, 05:29 PM
I hear what you are saying but to be fair to Gardo you never lost your entire first grade.

Revolving door is interesting - 2011 was Eagleton - Baille was at Toronto and he was best mates so Scott offered him a position (paid unlike Motown) so he took it and a number of the players (ask Bon about that)...

The young guys in 2012 chased money (they also had a coach who they were very close to who was suspended due to something on the central coast so they lost interest) The guys who picked up the slack were kids and the mojority of that 3rd grade squad still plays.

The last two seasons those young guys came back and the coach (who is no longer the coach) killed a lot of the club culture off - hence why most of the teams we played remember what they behaved like....

The coach is gone, the same players have gone chasing money or playing on the coast.

To be fair our all age guys could have just stayed at all age and then we drop to ZL2 - that would cause more headaches (3 draws to be fixed)

Nou Camp
10-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't know why more teams don't want to step up challenge themselves and have a crack

jaypee
10-02-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't know why more teams don't want to step up challenge themselves and have a crack

With our All age teams (we had 2 last year) the majority of players were over 35 - our team had 5 guys 40+ so I guess they wanted a challenge by not playing 035...

At that age commitments are very different (outside of football)

Roundball Enthusiast
10-02-2017, 06:43 PM
With our All age teams (we had 2 last year) the majority of players were over 35 - our team had 5 guys 40+ so I guess they wanted a challenge by not playing 035...

At that age commitments are very different (outside of football)

I think he means more ZL1 teams stepping up to a 'free' ZPL spot.

So far.

Not Applying.
Garden Suburb
Cooks Hill
Raymond Terrace

Applied (unconfirmed, but I have word)
Warnersbay

Should apply
Stockton

Other teams probably lack some squad depth/consistency over the last few years to really step up and challenge ZPL and stay up. IMO.

jaypee
10-02-2017, 06:54 PM

So far.

Not Applying.
Garden Suburb
Cooks Hill
Raymond Terrace

Warnersbay

Should apply
Stockton

Other teams probably lack some squad depth/consistency over the last few years to really step up and challenge ZPL and stay up. IMO.

Yep - did think that afterwards.....I agree some should step up - even from 2 years ago when we won the premiership I rated Stocko and Warners from a depth viewpoint... Terrace were in ZL2 so can't comment and Gardo were ZPL.... I can understand Cookers reasons for not applying

DonPablo
10-02-2017, 07:33 PM
The coach is gone, the same players have gone chasing money or playing on the coast.

So dat british c0ck and his bastard offspring are gone?

Chasing money you say?
And warners pay are applying to go up...

Coincidence?

jaypee
10-02-2017, 07:56 PM
So dat british c0ck and his bastard offspring are gone

Chasing money you say?

Coincidence?

Can confirm that this is the case regards to coach...

There have been 4 of his kids playing at the club... I dare say one or two may but they might not be playing zone league

namwob99
10-02-2017, 08:08 PM

Bahahahahaha

WWMTD?
10-02-2017, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=DonPablo;173799]So dat british c0ck and his bastard offspring are gone?

What about the 3rd grade coach, he was a complete bell end. 2 years ago it seemed like there was a huge culture problem there, top to bottom, every team had problems playing mori, that's why Noone in ZL1 is missing them. Maybe it's a good chance to clean house and start again culture wise, not let money grabbers and bad eggs back in. Going back to ZL3 might help that, no glory hunters going back there, only players who care about the club. Sounds like every time you guys get close to the sun, the ol wings melt off, thats too bad

WWMTD?
10-02-2017, 11:54 PM

So far.

Not Applying.
Garden Suburb
Cooks Hill
Raymond Terrace

Warnersbay

Should apply
Stockton

Isn't it spelt warner$ bay?

Roundball Enthusiast
11-02-2017, 02:02 AM
Isn't it spelt warner$ bay?

Up to individuals, I prefer to stay out of speculation and stick to facts.

Less shit talking and cum sucking, the better IMO.

jaypee
11-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Chasing money you say?

Coincidence?

[QUOTE=DonPablo;173799]So dat british c0ck and his bastard offspring are gone?

What about the 3rd grade coach, he was a complete bell end. 2 years ago it seemed like there was a huge culture problem there, top to bottom, every team had problems playing mori, that's why Noone in ZL1 is missing them. Maybe it's a good chance to clean house and start again culture wise, not let money grabbers and bad eggs back in. Going back to ZL3 might help that, no glory hunters going back there, only players who care about the club. Sounds like every time you guys get close to the sun, the ol wings melt off, thats too bad

3rd grade coach from 2 years ago left last year... He coaches reserves at Toronto....

House is cleaned out and majority of the players are long term Mori players...

Wilso8948
11-02-2017, 12:56 PM
In my opinion Mori shoulda stayed up. I don't think it's right predicting what will happen week to week before you even start the comp. put in and have a go. Also there is no certainty you will come back and it be any easier. I feel as if the standard would be similar. As been said before if you have enough for 3 teams then stay. Or alternatively apply to drop to zl2.
Also have it unconfirmed that stocko won't be applying. We have some guys heading back to play NBN etc and may struggle for depth but see how we go! Hopefully we are still strong

jaypee
11-02-2017, 02:11 PM
In my opinion Mori shoulda stayed up. I don't think it's right predicting what will happen week to week before you even start the comp. put in and have a go. Also there is no certainty you will come back and it be any easier. I feel as if the standard would be similar. As been said before if you have enough for 3 teams then stay. Or alternatively apply to drop to zl2.
Also have it unconfirmed that stocko won't be applying. We have some guys heading back to play NBN etc and may struggle for depth but see how we go! Hopefully we are still strong

Hey Wilso - you are entitled to your opinion but its a bit of a funny statement

Mori - should stay up - little difference in ZPL - ZL1 to bad if you lost some players
Stocko - lost some players so we won't apply even if comps are similar.....

We aren't thinking this is a cake walk, if you were at the club you'd understand why we reached the decision we did.... it wasn't a hey this is a good idea.... there was loads of discussion before we made the decision, however we made it early to give both the association and any teams wanting to go up a bit of time.... imagine if we made the decision in 4 weeks time...

Wilso8948
11-02-2017, 07:24 PM

Mori - should stay up - little difference in ZPL - ZL1 to bad if you lost some players

We aren't thinking this is a cake walk, if you were at the club you'd understand why we reached the decision we did.... it wasn't a hey this is a good idea.... there was loads of discussion before we made the decision, however we made it early to give both the association and any teams wanting to go up a bit of time.... imagine if we made the decision in 4 weeks time...
If you think it's similar quality then why drop down?

WWMTD?
11-02-2017, 08:08 PM

Yeah best make the call now and see if a ZL2 squad could get 3 teams and make a clean swap. Stranger things have happened, cooks hill jumped from ZL3 to ZL1 3 years ago at short notice cause we could muster an extra team after a hole opened up.

jaypee
11-02-2017, 09:11 PM

Chasing money you say?

Coincidence?

If you think it's similar quality then why drop down?

I don't think they are the same... I said it's not a cake walk ... I can tell you that there is a massive jump from ZL1 to ZPL especially now with the fact that if you are over 23 and can't make NBN/NEWFM it's the place you go...

Frodo
13-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Anyone complaining about Motown putting in the request needs to think about both sides of the coin. I would rather them be proactive than sit back and not deal with a problem that has arisen for them.

If they stay up and get spanked each week because they have lost the spine of their 1st grade, every man and their dog will be telling them they should have dropped down and given someone else a chance who is ready. I know this because it happened in 2011 to them.

Obviously the club since then has tried to build a winning culture and bring through talented young players and move through the divisions. They achieved that but unfortunately instead of a few of the talented players leaving every year and trying to replace them. A lot of these boys have decided to leave together as they are mates, not realising the knock-down affect it has on the club when they all go at once.

I know there are definitely a hand-full of great 1st graders staying at the club and a few other guys contemplating a return to the club, so it's not all doom and gloom. I hope they manage to nick a couple more quality players and whatever division they are in, rebuild again and learn from the experience. Just with more slip'n slides and less angry banter.

Frodo
13-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Also, there is a solid difference between ZPL and ZL1 quality. Lower grades are definitely higher as well. So anyone saying 'what's the point in dropping down' will be rudely shocked if they do get promoted.

jaypee
13-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Anyone complaining about Motown putting in the request needs to think about both sides of the coin. I would rather them be proactive than sit back and not deal with a problem that has arisen for them.

If they stay up and get spanked each week because they have lost the spine of their 1st grade, every man and their dog will be telling them they should have dropped down and given someone else a chance who is ready. I know this because it happened in 2011 to them.

Obviously the club since then has tried to build a winning culture and bring through talented young players and move through the divisions. They achieved that but unfortunately instead of a few of the talented players leaving every year and trying to replace them. A lot of these boys have decided to leave together as they are mates, not realising the knock-down affect it has on the club when they all go at once.

I know there are definitely a hand-full of great 1st graders staying at the club and a few other guys contemplating a return to the club, so it's not all doom and gloom. I hope they manage to nick a couple more quality players and whatever division they are in, rebuild again and learn from the experience. Just with more slip'n slides and less angry banter.

Yes to the slip n slides Frodo....

pv4
13-02-2017, 09:10 AM
It was only a few short years ago Mory were applying for NEWFM. The turnaround in players every few years is upsetting for them because everyone involved with or with an eye into the club knows that you put all the locals together and that club would be good enough to compete in NEWFM if not higher - the calibre of players is outstanding.

Say what you will about the now-former coach but I know he put in a lot of hard yards to try & get the club to NEWFM and had a large input into the restructure of the ground, clubhouse, etc. He put in a lot of work and that shouldn't be forgotten, regardless of what has gone down since. From an outside perspective I just saw it all as an overload of passion rather than anything else.

Here's hoping that the current people at the club who are the long-timers etc get the positive atmosphere back at the club and make the rest of the high quality locals want to come back and play for the shirt - because who knows how close to the sun you'd fly then (again).

Frodo
13-02-2017, 09:45 AM
It was only a few short years ago Mory were applying for NEWFM. The turnaround in players every few years is upsetting for them because everyone involved with or with an eye into the club knows that you put all the locals together and that club would be good enough to compete in NEWFM if not higher - the calibre of players is outstanding.

Say what you will about the now-former coach but I know he put in a lot of hard yards to try & get the club to NEWFM and had a large input into the restructure of the ground, clubhouse, etc. He put in a lot of work and that shouldn't be forgotten, regardless of what has gone down since. From an outside perspective I just saw it all as an overload of passion rather than anything else.

Here's hoping that the current people at the club who are the long-timers etc get the positive atmosphere back at the club and make the rest of the high quality locals want to come back and play for the shirt - because who knows how close to the sun you'd fly then (again).

I thought the Suns were in ZPL as well? :lulzturtle:

jaypee
13-02-2017, 10:46 AM

No denying he picked up the club when we were down. When the club had the issues after the 2012 season and was struggling he came in and it must be said had a successful 4 years. Last year there were too many issues and I won't go into them - I will say the previous coach was pushing for NEW FM not the club - it would take a lot of finances to get to that level and the club does not have that kind of money...

I agree if we get it right, and with all the players playing elsewhere returned we could go a long way - however this year is about consolidation and getting the old club spirit back

leftrightout
13-02-2017, 11:22 AM
What would be the general feeling if they came into ZL1 and won the minor premiership?

Frodo
13-02-2017, 11:44 AM
What would be the general feeling if they came into ZL1 and won the minor premiership?

I feel like it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Someone said earlier that Morisset should relish the Challenge of the higher calibre opponents in ZPL. I think we should do the same.

Bring on the best players and teams, whoever they are, it only makes Newcastle football better in the long run. I think ZPL is getting very tough and that is now dropping down into ZL1, a lot of talented footballers trying to get 1st team football every week.

It's good fun, especially if there were more slip'n slides. Can someone get Hawk to buy us all Slip'n Slides? He probably uses them to quickly travel between his mansions.

Lofty
13-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Couldn't see it happening. If it did, it would show there's a huge difference between the two leagues, again which I don't think there is.

Retro Jet
15-02-2017, 12:34 AM
So csn cooks hill get promoted or not?

Cooks hill aren't applying. As beaten favorite said, we went through this last year when here was an opening and he's right, Newcastle football want other clubs pushing for higher leagues, not 1 club clogging it up, plus internally we don't want to compete with newfm player wise, and having 1 comp in between stops that. ZL1 is plenty competitive, and we still haven't won anything in 1st grade since we've been here, so that's the target still!

Pffft....this foz.
Wot WWMTD said comes pretty much from the gaffer running the show, through me, after
a very long conversation about IT and other things the man and I like to shoot the proverbial over.
Been there, dun that (4 outta 5 times) Other clubs deserve a crack.
End of.
Move on....

Premy
15-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Pffft....this foz.
Wot WWMTD said comes pretty much from the gaffer running the show, through me, after
a very long conversation about IT and other things the man and I like to shoot the proverbial over.
Been there, dun that (4 outta 5 times) Other clubs deserve a crack.
End of.
Move on....

My comment wasn't directed towards Cooks Hill

Macca
15-02-2017, 09:30 AM
My comment wasn't directed towards Cooks Hill

Noone's was. Pretty sure it was all at Morisset

The Spy
16-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Hey Premy,
Will the lads have an esky at the game tonight. For you know, hydration and all that jazz?

Bon
16-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Hey Premy,
Will the lads have an esky at the game tonight. For you know, hydration and all that jazz?

The canteen will be open (or at least i assume.. It was on Tuesday night)..
Plenty of beers, bourbons, Little Fat Lambs to keep one hydrated..

sammydog
16-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Canteen is open.

The Spy
16-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Great news. Not for me though, I'm an athlete. Was asking for a friend....

Retro Jet
16-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately it read that way to me because the comments came straight after WWMTD's post.
I stand corrected lads.

The Spy
17-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks to Garden Suburb for the games last night and good luck for the season lads.

sammydog
17-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Confirmation through, Warners Bay to ZPL and Morisset to ZL1

sammydog
17-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Thanks to Garden Suburb for the games last night and good luck for the season lads.

Both good games to watch.

Results for anyone that cares. Each of the games could have easily gone either way.

Firsts: Garden Suburb 1 - Mayfield 1
Ressies: Garden Suburb 1 - Mayfield 2
Thirds: Garden Suburb 0 - Mayfield 1

Roundball Enthusiast
19-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Garden Suburb v Hamilton Olympic ZL2

First
7-0

Reserves
0-0

No third game

leftrightout
20-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Garden Suburb v Hamilton Olympic ZL2

First
7-0

Reserves
0-0

No third game

Suburb showing some early pre-season form.

Macca
20-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Westlakes vs Wallsend ZL1

Thirds 0-7 (Dunno exactly how many)
Reserves 1-0
Firsts 1-0

Good hit out, weather was kind to us. Plenty of work left for us to do, fitness especially but only early in our preseason

Premy
21-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Any other trial Results this weekend?

Any trials planned for this weekend?
We at Garden Suburb have a trip up to Armidale. First grade are playing South Armidale FC and Reserve grade are playing TAS development squad.

Macca
21-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Westlakes are playing West Wallsend tomorrow night, I think first grade only, possibly lower grades on Thursday not sure. Weekend we have games against Toronto.

Redback
21-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

Kicktheball
23-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Ladder predictions for Zone League One?

My top 4 consists of-
-Raymond Terrace
-Stockton
-Garden suburbs
- Cooks Hill

Bottom of the Ladder
-Barnsley
-Charlestown
-Wallsend

sharky21
23-02-2017, 06:41 PM

My top 4 consists of-
-Raymond Terrace
-Stockton
-Garden suburbs
- Cooks Hill

Bottom of the Ladder
-Barnsley
-Charlestown
-Wallsend

So to fill in the blanks Morri Bero and west lakes to finish mid table!!
I reckon all three are in with a good shout of being near the bottom

Premy
23-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Nowhere near brave enough to predict the season as it has been 3 years since I gave a whole lot of attention to ZL1 and it's seemed to have changed a whole lot since then.

On to the more important issues, If you haven't been to our ground in the last 2 years for a match day then I challenge you all to come enjoy our hospitality. Hands down we have the best Food and Beverage service in the Zone Leagues.

All the best to everyone for the year ahead and I look forward to all the bantz and salt that will proceed.

leftrightout
24-02-2017, 10:32 AM

My top 4 consists of-
-Raymond Terrace
-Stockton
-Garden suburbs
- Cooks Hill

Bottom of the Ladder
-Barnsley
-Charlestown
-Wallsend

Top 4 is a pretty solid prediction, i'd say most will be thinking they are the 4 to beat.
Of the other 6 it will be very interesting to see which ones can push those predicted top teams.
Player movements are a big thing... Is Charlestowns keeper still there, he was the best in the comp and would have won them many point alone last year.
Westlakes beat Wallsend in a trial but how much can you go on preseason form this early.
Morisset seem to have come down due to weak player ranks, if they were going to struggle in ZPL, it will be slightly easier but you would think it wouldn't be too much different in ZL1.
Barnsley played some excellent football last year and most would say how difficult they were to play against but they also played some shocking football which saw their table position be what it was. Were prone to a bit of a collapse and seriously lacked any kind of striker. I have heard they have recruited a few handy players so, if true, should be a difficult opponent.
Bero, who bloody knows. They were pretty up and down last year and could do anything with a bit of momentum!

pv4
24-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Beverage service

Details required about the Beverages on offer. Does it rival the range offered at Fishburn Fields?

Bon
24-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Details required about the Beverages on offer. Does it rival the range offered at Fishburn Fields?

There is a very decent selection..
Gotta say, I remember Westlakes having one of the best selections of drinks (including 500mL cans of beer) when I was last down there? That still going on?

pv4
24-02-2017, 11:08 AM
There is a very decent selection..
Gotta say, I remember Westlakes having one of the best selections of drinks (including 500mL cans of beer) when I was last down there? That still going on?

Absolutely it is still going on!

How do the selections compare, from your memory?

Bon
24-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Absolutely it is still going on!

How do the selections compare, from your memory?

I indulged in a few that day, so my memory isn't that great.
I was just pumped up for the large cans... Mmmmmmm.. Big cans...

sammydog
24-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Last time I looked in the fridge

- VB
- New
- Great Northern
- XXXX Gold
- Fortitude Valley Pacer Pale Ale
- Pirate Life Session IPA
- Little Fat Lamb Ginger Beer
- Somersby Cider (Pear and Apple)
- Can of some sort of spirit, don't drink it so I don't pay too much attention.

I feel like I am missing something.

Bon
24-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Last time I looked in the fridge

- VB
- New
- Great Northern
- XXXX Gold
- Fortitude Valley Pacer Pale Ale
- Pirate Life Session IPA
- Little Fat Lamb Ginger Beer (8% cans!!)
- Somersby Cider (Pear and Apple)
- Can of some sort of spirit, don't drink it so I don't pay too much attention.

I feel like I am missing something.

Fixed

Macca
24-02-2017, 01:37 PM
The Westlakes Craft Beer Krew (TM) will ensure there's some decent bevvies on hand at the canteen throughout the year.

More trial results..

Wednesday night, West Wallsend 3 - 0 Westlakes. Pretty tight game, they scored a couple in the last 10 to blow out the scoreline a little but was a good match.
Thursday night, Westlakes (res) 2 - 3 Cessnock (unsure, heard mix of first and 23s). Roughly even game again, I reffed the second half and both teams were well behaved which made my (debut) job easy.

Games against Stags on the weekend and I'm told our ressies and thirds are playing the other Westy teams next week.

Top 4 posted above looks pretty decent, though I didn't follow the comp last season. I'd like to think we will be mid table and pushing for finals but we'll see what happens. Keen for the season!

ICEBERG10
24-02-2017, 03:56 PM
I'll be stocking up our fridge with an array of finely crafted alcoholic beverages tomorrow morning so I'll be sure to take note of our selection this year.

It'll be welll stocked by the time Gardo visit Fishburn Fields I'll make sure of that.

beaten favourite
24-02-2017, 04:30 PM
All this talk of beer on a Friday is making me thirsty. On the topic of craft beer Cooks Hill is pleased to announce the purchase of a keg fridge. We have partnered with Foghorn Brewery to provide Foghorn beers on tap matchdays...... Cold afternoons in the Athletics Track Grandstand just got a little warmer!!!

sammydog
24-02-2017, 04:43 PM
All this talk of beer on a Friday is making me thirsty. On the topic of craft beer Cooks Hill is pleased to announce the purchase of a keg fridge. We have partnered with Foghorn Brewery to provide Foghorn beers on tap matchdays...... Cold afternoons in the Athletics Track Grandstand just got a little warmer!!!

I'll be travelling to watch when Garden Suburb head into your ground. Cant go wrong with FogHorn.

Premy
24-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Well the game has officially been stepped up.

PC14
24-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Menage...Tripel? The beer is delicious and dangerous. In no aspect does it taste like a 9.4%.

DonPablo
25-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Top 4 is a pretty solid prediction, i'd say most will be thinking they are the 4 to beat.
Of the other 6 it will be very interesting to see which ones can push those predicted top teams.
Player movements are a big thing... Is Charlestowns keeper still there, he was the best in the comp and would have won them many point alone last year.
Westlakes beat Wallsend in a trial but how much can you go on preseason form this early.
Morisset seem to have come down due to weak player ranks, if they were going to struggle in ZPL, it will be slightly easier but you would think it wouldn't be too much different in ZL1.
Barnsley played some excellent football last year and most would say how difficult they were to play against but they also played some shocking football which saw their table position be what it was. Were prone to a bit of a collapse and seriously lacked any kind of striker. I have heard they have recruited a few handy players so, if true, should be a difficult opponent.
Bero, who bloody knows. They were pretty up and down last year and could do anything with a bit of momentum!

This comp will b the most even its been in years. Cookers are awats talked up off the field (see the last 100 posts above) but do very little to warrant it on the field. Sububs are still reeling from lez wallace syndrome, but will surely bounce back. Or so IMm being told. Terrace play fast effective counter football. But like leicester, there time will end. And since $uper coach left stocko, who is recruiting players to go play overseas evry week???
Best of the rest is anyones guess. I heard charlies keeper did his acl last season & might not be playing, despite $$$ being thrown at him by warner$ pay. Bero could beat anyone, then lose to anyone. Same as barnsley. Westlakes have the advantage that players get lost trying to find there ground and teams end up playing short. Wallsend are talking the talk, but like a small child, noone knows if they understand what they blabbering. Which leaves morrisset. I hope they go back to ZL2 where they belong. Yo-yos were only cool in the 90s.

WWMTD?
25-02-2017, 06:02 PM
This comp will b the most even its been in years. Cookers are awats talked up off the field (see the last 100 posts above) but do very little to warrant it on the field. Sububs are still reeling from lez wallace syndrome, but will surely bounce back. Or so IMm being told. Terrace play fast effective counter football. But like leicester, there time will end. And since $uper coach left stocko, who is recruiting players to go play overseas evry week???
Best of the rest is anyones guess. I heard charlies keeper did his acl last season & might not be playing, despite $$$ being thrown at him by warner$ pay. Bero could beat anyone, then lose to anyone. Same as barnsley. Westlakes have the advantage that players get lost trying to find there ground and teams end up playing short. Wallsend are talking the talk, but like a small child, noone knows if they understand what they blabbering. Which leaves morrisset. I hope they go back to ZL2 where they belong. Yo-yos were only cool in the 90s.

Hahaha shots fired!!!

Kicktheball
25-02-2017, 09:08 PM
I have heard along the grapevine, that Stockton have lost a few key players and depth this year? Can anyone confirm.

sammydog
25-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Garden Suburb drew 3-3 with South Armidale FC today.

Reserves beat The Armidale School development squad 5-1.

leftrightout
25-02-2017, 11:07 PM
All the talk of beers, it's a shame you guys have lost Jesmond this year. ZPL are the lucky comp, good local beers on tap!

Berbs
26-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Lost a few gained a few we will be right

Bero snrs vs Stockton

Thirds/res: 4-0
Firsts: 3-2

Decent first hit out. Good to get some metres in the legs

pv4
27-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Westlakes have the advantage that players get lost trying to find there ground and teams end up playing short.

The true home ground advantage! :rof:

Dunny
27-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Reading through some solid harmless banter on this thread very good to see, although anyone who thinks there isnt much of a difference between zl1 and zpl are having a bit of a laugh. Having good mates who have played in both divisions and have expressed the difference in well drilled and also talented teams

hawk
27-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I was just pumped up for the large cans... Mmmmmmm.. Big cans...

yeah baby

Kicktheball
28-02-2017, 12:45 PM
In relation to the comment above. I believe cooks hill, Raymond terrace and Stockton will find this year a lot easier compared to the previous. The competition doesn't seem as strong.

Couchcoach
28-02-2017, 11:39 PM
If Cooks Hill doesn't walk away with the plate they should have a good hard look at themselves the level of this comp has really bottomed out. There I was thinking it was only in the lower all age and juniors comps that clubs under graded themselves to jag some silverware...

4attheback
01-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Any news on promoted sides westlakes would imagine being solid in 1st dunno about other grades
And Wallsend been quiet other than Scott baillie going there

AVB
01-03-2017, 10:41 AM
If Cooks Hill doesn't walk away with the plate they should have a good hard look at themselves the level of this comp has really bottomed out. There I was thinking it was only in the lower all age and juniors comps that clubs under graded themselves to jag some silverware...

Are you suggesting Cooks Hill have purposely put themselves in ZL1 simply to win silverware? they haven't won anything in first grade since they were promoted from ZL3 in 2015 and you can't exactly blame them for Newcastle football promoting 3 teams ahead of the to ZPL?

To clear the air, Cooks Hill approached Newcastle Football about promotion at the end of 2016 but were told that we would be bottom of the list due to our NewFM side. The idea being that it is better to have as many clubs as possible in the top divisions as they can, which is understandable.

Passtheballmate
01-03-2017, 11:50 AM

Cooks Hill play some quality football in 1st grade and are a very talented side. However got demolised in the finals by Terrace last year. Definately dont see them walking away with it.
Also will depend on each club if had any new recruits or big losses of players.

namwob99
01-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Cooks Hill play some quality football in 1st grade and are a very talented side. However got demolised in the finals by Terrace last year. Definately dont see them walking away with it.
Also will depend on each club if had any new recruits or big losses of players.

Good bunch of blokes, who imo definitely play the best football in the comp, doesn't mean they get the results every week though.

beaten favourite
01-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Haha thanks mate, I'll shout you a Foghorn for that. I reckon it's going to be a really tight comp. I can't see anyone running away with it as in previous years. New coach has been great for us this year but still learning a new shape etc.

Had a hit out against our NEWFM side last night got done 4-2. Not bad for our 2nd trial.

Ps they are very decent this year, reckon they'll give NEWFM a real shout. Pretty much an entirely new First Grade squad.

The Spy
01-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Haha thanks mate, I'll shout you a Foghorn for that. I reckon it's going to be a really tight comp. I can't see anyone running away with it as in previous years. New coach has been great for us this year but still learning a new shape etc.

Had a hit out against our NEWFM side last night got done 4-2. Not bad for our 2nd trial.

Ps they are very decent this year, reckon they'll give NEWFM a real shout. Pretty much an entirely new First Grade squad.

I think they'll be a real dark horse for the NEWFM comp. They look quite handy across the park.

beaten favourite
01-03-2017, 01:05 PM
I think they'll be a real dark horse for the NEWFM comp. They look quite handy across the park.

yeah and so much depth. Brought on 5-6 players and the standard didn't noticeably drop. I'll certainly be heading to the Track to watch a few games this year.

Macca
01-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Any news on promoted sides westlakes would imagine being solid in 1st dunno about other grades
And Wallsend been quiet other than Scott baillie going there
We (Westlakes) expecting to be very competitive in firsts and ressies, squad is still being finalised so third grade is a bit of a mystery at the moment - but I would guess they are unlikely to set the world on fire.

I think the comp may well be close with quite a few teams in the mix, but no way of knowing til we start seeing some matches played.

Bon
01-03-2017, 03:19 PM
We (Westlakes) expecting to be very competitive in firsts and ressies, squad is still being finalised so third grade is a bit of a mystery at the moment - but I would guess they are unlikely to set the world on fire.

I think the comp may well be close with quite a few teams in the mix, but no way of knowing til we start seeing some matches played.

Do you still have that tall bloke playing for you? Looks a bit like Ljubo, sounds/acts suspiciously like a coastie, wears a peach hat.. I heard he's got a bung foot atm? :gent:

ICEBERG10
01-03-2017, 05:03 PM

Firsts and Ressies to definitely be competitive week in week out. Thirds however consists of too many young fellas playing their first season in Zone League but they'll be pushing themselves as much as possible.

I've heard Ljubo is lining up a return for Rd9 against Gardo, I can't imagine why......

Charman
05-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Any clubs able to host a trial on Tuesday night. Your res & thirds to play our zl3 first & res. were to play swansea and they have cancelled. 6.30 & 7.45 ko, 35 min halves??.

Cabaye#4
06-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Any clubs able to host a trial on Tuesday night. Your res & thirds to play our zl3 first & res. were to play swansea and they have cancelled. 6.30 & 7.45 ko, 35 min halves??.
What club are you?

onlooker
06-03-2017, 10:12 AM
What club are you?
Pretty sure he is from Dudley

Charman
06-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure he is from Dudley

Yep, sorry. Dudley ZL3.

Kicktheball
08-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Anyone willing to have a stab at 1st round predictions?

leftrightout
09-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Anyone willing to have a stab at 1st round predictions?

What are the actual fixtures?

Premy
09-03-2017, 10:18 AM
What are the actual fixtures?

Barnsley V Westlakes
Cooks Hill V Morisset
Stockton V Wallsend
Garden Suburb V Charlestown
Beresfield V Raymond Terrace

Premy
09-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Complete stab in the dark

Westlakes
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Raymond Terrace

Macca
09-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Complete stab in the dark

Westlakes
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Raymond Terrace

I agree with yours, Suburb to beat Charlestown as well.

The Spy
09-03-2017, 11:52 AM
draw
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Gardo
Draw

NUGUNS
09-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Fixtures are up on sportingpulse.

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=-1&client=0-8218-110105-431535-0&pool=1

Wilso8948
09-03-2017, 01:54 PM
draw
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Gardo
Draw

Why are you still hanging around here? Surely Mr schnitzel is open today along with the all mighty premier league thread. Give my love to the supercoach and his fast feet. I miss his pointless stories and shit jokes

Roundball Enthusiast
09-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Why are you still hanging around here? Surely Mr schnitzel is open today along with the all mighty premier league thread. Give my love to the supercoach and his fast feet. I miss his pointless stories and shit jokes

Doesn't want to lose his relationships/friendships in here, when they come back next year :popcorn:

The Spy
09-03-2017, 04:09 PM

Haha. Actually, Thy Spy has jumped ship to a rival ZPL club, so sadly, no more Mr Schnitzel. On the upside, I do get to drink beers with the one and only Rolo at the Viking Challenge this weekend. Bucket list achievement!

ICEBERG10
09-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Not going to offer a prediction on your team fixture Premy?

Roundball Enthusiast
09-03-2017, 05:55 PM

He never does.

Stockton
Suburb
Cookers
Terrace
Draw

Premy
09-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Nope, don't want to put the jinx on us.

sammydog
09-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Nope, don't want to put the jinx on us.

Maybe you should have last year?

Wilso8948
10-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Haha. Actually, Thy Spy has jumped ship to a rival ZPL club, so sadly, no more Mr Schnitzel. On the upside, I do get to drink beers with the one and only Rolo at the Viking Challenge this weekend. Bucket list achievement!
I'm glad there's only one and only Rolo. I couldn't handle two. Hopefully he's taken up the supercoach role and not further injuring himself.
Also you don't need to play for WB to still be able to appreciate a delicious schnitzel wrap.

ICEBERG10
10-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Anyone on here had a trial against the Suns this pre season??

Roundball Enthusiast
10-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Anyone on here had a trial against the Suns this pre season??

Suburb have one in a few weeks time.

ICEBERG10
10-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Suburb have one in a few weeks time.

In that case we will be sure to tell them what to expect after our games tomorrow

Roundball Enthusiast
11-03-2017, 12:17 AM
In that case we will be sure to tell them what to expect after our games tomorrow

Good luck!

ICEBERG10
11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Westlakes vs Suns
1sts 2-2
Res 1-5
3rds 1-9

Excellent game in first grade. Thanks Suns for an excellent day!

EH9
11-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Westlakes vs Suns
1sts 2-2
Res 1-5
3rds 1-9

Is it too soon to start the ZL1 is as good as ZPL chants? :rof:

Kicktheball
12-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Great result against a strong Suns outfit

WFC_ZL
12-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Wallsend v Warners Bay trial today

3rd grade: 2-3
Ressies: 2-0
1st Grade: 4-2

Charman
12-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Wallsend v Warners Bay trial today

3rd grade: 2-3
Ressies: 2-0
1st Grade: 4-2
Impressive result.

Lofty
12-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Westlakes vs Suns
1sts 2-2
Res 1-5
3rds 1-9

Westlakes keeper in first grade was an absolute brick wall. The big unit saved a penalty and about 5 or 6 very big saves throughout the game.

Was a great day out at Rathmines - the pitch was in fantastic shape!!

Macca
13-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Westlakes keeper in first grade was an absolute brick wall. The big unit saved a penalty and about 5 or 6 very big saves throughout the game.

Was a great day out at Rathmines - the pitch was in fantastic shape!!

Our keeper definitely had a great game. We were pretty good value I thought for the draw though and the Suns equaliser was quite lucky. Was a great game, and the people I talked to who watched said the same.

We've switched from the bottom field to the top field in the off season and put a lot of money and work into the top one, and its definitely looking the goods, so much nicer to play on than what we have had in the past. We will be trying to keep it in good nick as much as we can, and I'll pass on the compliments, cheers.

Good result for Wallsend.

Passtheballmate
13-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Some good results for the new clubs coming into the comp, Could make it alot more interesting then everyone thinks.

rolo
13-03-2017, 08:28 PM

You could have told me to stop the beers at some point. The 4.30 bedtime or (floor under the dining room table time) wasn't my best idea for a 10.30 kick off on Sunday morning!

Shere Khan
15-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Cardiff City Zpl have had a late trial cancellation and are looking for games for our Res and 3rds this Sun.
Unfortunately we don't have a field due to cricket.
Please pm me.

pv4
20-03-2017, 04:35 PM
I haven't seen them play yet but I'm predicting a huge year for Suburb. I've heard of first grade additions, most of whom have been apart of the club in the past, and there are (at least) 5 additions that are all great quality. The striker partnership alone is too good for Zone Leagues IMO. I was told they scored for fun against ZL2 Hamilton Olympic (who came 2nd or third in ZL2 last year and won the Grand Final, so no pushovers themselves) in a recent trial game.

Fear the Kingfishers!

Premy
20-03-2017, 07:08 PM
I haven't seen them play yet but I'm predicting a huge year for Suburb. I've heard of first grade additions, most of whom have been apart of the club in the past, and there are (at least) 5 additions that are all great quality. The striker partnership alone is too good for Zone Leagues IMO. I was told they scored for fun against ZL2 Hamilton Olympic (who came 2nd or third in ZL2 last year and won the Grand Final, so no pushovers themselves) in a recent trial game.

Fear the Kingfishers!

Yeah nah.
We're shit don't worry about us, move on.
Old bloke in the defense for the Wildcats should carry them to the title, the rest of us will be playing for second.

pv4
20-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Yeah nah.
We're shit don't worry about us, move on.
Old bloke in the defense for the Wildcats should carry them to the title, the rest of us will be playing for second.

Average age of the widcats backline must be 20!

You must be talking about their striker :rof:

I refuse to let the fishy kings have the underdog tag - the squad is too good!

Premy
21-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Average age of the widcats backline must be 20!

You must be talking about their stroker :rof:

Fixed :roflz:

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 10:28 AM
kingfishers hows the field looking for tomorrow???

Roundball Enthusiast
24-03-2017, 10:53 AM

The lake holds less water than the pitch currently.

It was mowed yesterday (partially - the rest done by push mower - thanks Premy).
If the rain keeps up, chances are slim to none.

How is Carrington? Just as wet?

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 05:35 PM
The lake holds less water than the pitch currently.

It was mowed yesterday (partially - the rest done by push mower - thanks Premy).
If the rain keeps up, chances are slim to none.

How is Carrington? Just as wet?

Carrington is the best its been in years... we actually have grass this year
damp in one area we suspect due to leak in the sprinkler system for the cricket pitch

can we get the covers out?
such a stop start pre season with the weather and teams pulling out last minute on trials

sammydog
24-03-2017, 07:52 PM

We just inspected the pitch, its closed.

I don't remember the field holding this much water for so long. The carpark end is a swamp and there is several other large areas with standing water.

The main pitch is knee deep grass as it hasn't been able to be mowed for three weeks due to the weather. Its going to be ugly when it gets mowed with heaps of mulch all over the place.

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 11:42 PM
We just inspected the pitch, its closed.

I don't remember the field holding this much water for so long. The carpark end is a swamp and there is several other large areas with standing water.

The main pitch is knee deep grass as it hasn't been able to be mowed for three weeks due to the weather. Its going to be ugly when it gets mowed with heaps of mulch all over the place.

Not good for this early in the year
Would happily move the game to carro but cricket have it booked for grand finals

WFC_ZL
26-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Cooks Hill v Wallsend at the athlectics track

3rds: 2-0
Ressies 6-4
1st Grade: 2-6

Retro Jet
26-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Cooks Hill v Wallsend at the athlectics field

3rds: 2-0
Ressies 6-4
1st Grade: 2-6

Fixed

Couchcoach
26-03-2017, 11:11 PM
20 goals over 3 games.... those formations are really working.... exciting times ahead for the viewing public....

hawk
26-03-2017, 11:12 PM
the track is missing. Retro did you you a flying 400 and burn it up?

6 days till kickoff carn

leftrightout
27-03-2017, 09:29 AM
A few results lately to make this comp look a bit tighter...
Westlakes tested Suns and lost in a tight one, that's a good effort considering Suns team and their efforts so far.
Barnsley beat Uni ZPL 2-0 in FFA Cup.
Wallsend beat Cooks Hill.
Bero beat Cardiff ZPL in a trial.

4 teams that weren't in most peoples top 4's all getting good results one week out from kick off.

Donk
27-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Westlakes tested Suns and lost in a tight one, that's a good effort considering Suns team and their efforts so far.

4 teams that weren't in most peoples top 4's all getting good results one week out from kick off.

Cardiff ressies I think you'll find that

Macca
27-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Westlakes drew with Suns.
Wallsend also had another good result a couple of weeks ago from memory

leftrightout
27-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Westlakes drew with Suns.
Wallsend also had another good result a couple of weeks ago from memory

My apologies, i completely sold you short!

namwob99
27-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Cardiff ressies I think you'll find that
Lol who'd our ressies play then?

Donk
27-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Lol who'd our ressies play then?

Yea sorry I miss read the comments in the ZPL thread

namwob99
27-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Yea sorry I miss read the comments in the ZPL thread
Lol thought so. I had to re-read it a few times too lol.

leftrightout
30-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Round 1 predictions

washed out
washed out
washed out
washed out
washed out

Football season is here and so it seems is the forecast!

beaten favourite
30-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Round 1 predictions

washed out
washed out
washed out
washed out
washed out

Football season is here and so it seems is the forecast!

not much Forecast for Friday & Saturday. Just got to pray that the sun and wind come out tomorrow. At Cookers we've organised to get all the lads to get to the Ath Track with a sponge Saturday morning!!!!

The Spy
30-03-2017, 10:13 AM
not much Forecast for Friday & Saturday. Just got to pray that the sun and wind come out tomorrow. At Cookers we've organised to get all the lads to get to the Ath Track with a sponge Saturday morning!!!!

I read they're expecting 90km/h winds. Will that be enough?

leftrightout
30-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Wind does nothing to dry grounds when it blows in 100mm of rain

Wilso8948
30-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Might make me run faster. For one half anyway.

Premy
30-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Wind does nothing to dry grounds when it blows in 100mm of rain

Not sure where you are getting your forecast from.
Everything I have seen is saying 80% chance of 20-40mm today, Friday overcast with 40% chance of 3-5mm and Saturday is fine.

So long as we don't get to much rain today most grounds should cope I think.

leftrightout
30-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Everything I have seen is saying 80% chance of 20-40mm today, Friday overcast with 40% chance of 3-5mm and Saturday is fine.

Just going off the usual media over reaction to rain forecast!

beaten favourite
30-03-2017, 12:39 PM

Lets be honest it just gives us keyboard warriors something to write about hahaha

Bon
30-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Lets be honest it just gives us keyboard warriors something to write about hahaha

And turps-fiend, pisshead players the hope for a large Friday night.. :gent:

MonkeyKplunk
30-03-2017, 01:04 PM

The same over reaction that means every June storm is going to bring another ship onto Nobbys?

leftrightout
30-03-2017, 01:20 PM
The same over reaction that means every June storm is going to bring another ship onto Nobbys?

That's the guy!

sammydog
30-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Well thanks for jinxing it. Pissing down at the grounds this evening. Had to happen after it was fertilised.

Top ground is back to a swamp.

Good news though, the new beer supplier discussions are well advanced.

sammydog
30-03-2017, 08:47 PM
And turps-fiend, pisshead players the hope for a large Friday night.. :gent:

Did I see you drinking a beer in the middle of training last night?

Bon
31-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Did I see you drinking a beer in the middle of training last night?

It was just to wet the whistle..

Retro Jet
01-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Cookers v MoTown ON

WFC_ZL
01-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Stockton v Wallsend

3rds: 0-2
Ressies: 1-4
1st Grade: 1-5

Roundball Enthusiast
01-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Garden Suburb v Charlestown - Bypass Cup

Thirds - 3-3
Reserves - 3-0
First 4-0

PC14
01-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Bero Vs Terrace

3rds - 0-4
Res - 1-5
1sts - 5-0

Donk
01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Barnsley vs Westlakes
3rds 3-0
Res 2-2
1st 4-1

Potters
01-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Motown vs cooks hill
3rds 2-2
Res 0-7
1sts 0-1
Cheers for a great hit out cooks hill

Retro Jet
01-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Cooks Hill v MoTown
3rds 2-2 (0-1)
Res 7-0 (2-0)
1sts 1-0 (0-0)
Cheers for a great hit out cooks hill

How did that keg go down? :pissup:
Signed,
Retro, the score Nazi.

Hotline
01-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Bero Vs Terrace

3rds - 0-4
Res - 1-5
1sts - 5-0

Wowsers! Not the result I expected in 1sts. Bero flying under the radar.

XRanger
01-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Full credit to bero, didn't see the game but def beat a full strength terrace outfit. Would love to see the odds after round 1 to get a bet on for minor premiers .

PC14
02-04-2017, 12:01 AM

I'm sure Onlooker will have a full match review in the coming hours.

Wonder if he'll discuss himself in third person again.

onlooker
02-04-2017, 07:12 AM
I'm sure Onlooker will have a full match review in the coming hours.

Wonder if he'll discuss himself in third person again.

No full match review, haven't done them on games I play in for a while. Always a biased opinion and can never tell the full story.

Thought the banter behind the goals was ok for the match, but they kept saying the Terrace keeper let in 5. Which I found strange, I just believe I was beaten by some decent strikes that hit the side netting surely you're not going to take the credit away from the 3 boys up front?

But as was said by another of my team mates full credit to Bero on the win.

Kicktheball
02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Very surprising round 1 results. Should be a great season

Chef
02-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Looks like it could be a long season for some teams

leftrightout
02-04-2017, 01:34 PM
No shortage of goals in any grade!
Some very interesting results in 1st grade.
Biggest surprise obviously Bero, new squad or just a good performance?
Wallsend with a shock too but had heard Stockton lost a couple, particularly Smarty.
Barnsley seem to have found a striker by the looks of it? Was really what they lacked last year.
Round 2 will be interesting, wouldn't surprise me if some results in this comp are all over the place!

The Postman
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
No shortage of goals in any grade!
Some very interesting results in 1st grade.
Biggest surprise obviously Bero, new squad or just a good performance?
Wallsend with a shock too but had heard Stockton lost a couple, particularly Smarty.
Barnsley seem to have found a striker by the looks of it? Was really what they lacked last year.
Round 2 will be interesting, wouldn't surprise me if some results in this comp are all over the place!

Mate from Barnsley told me it was 2 penalties and at least 1 goal from a scramble from a free kick, a lack of discipline from the Cats it seems. Solid, even affair otherwise.

Passtheballmate
02-04-2017, 03:36 PM
No full match review, haven't done them on games I play in for a while. Always a biased opinion and can never tell the full story.

Thought the banter behind the goals was ok for the match, but they kept saying the Terrace keeper let in 5. Which I found strange, I just believe I was beaten by some decent strikes that hit the side netting surely you're not going to take the credit away from the 3 boys up front?

But as was said by another of my team mates full credit to Bero on the win.

I watched the game and there were some quality finishes across the keeper who was well beaten. Terrace defense definitely didn't help out during the game practically giving away 4 goals in the first half with some bad mistakes. Also Terrace attack didn't test the keeper very much either.

Bero looked sharp up front however looked the same squad from last year. Terrace looked like a much different team to last years winning side apart from the 2 quick blokes up front and a couple in the back line. They might still be adapting to each other, however they might want to learn quick otherwise its a long season ahead.

Wilso8948
02-04-2017, 04:32 PM
I think a lot of teams struggled with their lack of pre season trials. It certainly didn't help us in our preparation. I'd guess a few squads are underdone and it will take a few weeks to work out. Wallsend looked very handy yesty. Well drilled and compact and plenty of pace up front. Will be hard to beat this year

beaten favourite
02-04-2017, 04:55 PM
I think a lot of teams struggled with their lack of pre season trials. It certainly didn't help us in our preparation. I'd guess a few squads are underdone and it will take a few weeks to work out. Wallsend looked very handy yesty. Well drilled and compact and plenty of pace up front. Will be hard to beat this year

Definitely agree with that. I can't remember a preseason quite like that. I don't think you can read too much into results until 5 or 6 weeks in. Easter break doesn't help much either!!!

PS also agree that Wallsend will be there or thereabouts. Very handy side.

jaypee
02-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Definitely agree with that. I can't remember a preseason quite like that. I don't think you can read too much into results until 5 or 6 weeks in. Easter break doesn't help much either!!!

PS also agree that Wallsend will be there or thereabouts. Very handy side.

Might be struggling to get on this week ... Forecast looks poor.......

leftrightout
03-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Might be struggling to get on this week ... Forecast looks poor.......

Only meant to rain early in the week, should be fine by the weekend!

pv4
03-04-2017, 10:23 AM

One of their defenders scored 2 goals - one from a penalty and one receiving a set piece.

Didn't expect the drainage to be so top notch at that field. Credit to Barnsley there! I was sure on Thursday night the game would have been called off.

Roundball Enthusiast
03-04-2017, 10:32 AM
One of their defenders scored 2 goals - one from a penalty and one receiving a set piece.

Didn't expect the drainage to be so top notch at that field. Credit to Barnsley there! I was sure on Thursday night the game would have been called off.

So you're saying, the boys were on the tins all night?

Also, Barnsley got new draining 2 years ago (from memory) so it's probably up there with some of the best now :D

Interesting results from round 1. Looking forward to round 2.

Morisset United FC vs Stockton JSC
Westlakes Wildcats FC vs Beresfield FC
Raymond Terrace SC vs Cooks Hill UFC
Barnsley USC vs Charlestown JFC
Wallsend FC vs Garden Suburb SC

Premy
03-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Draw
Draw
Cooks Hill
Barnsley

dan
03-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Looking forward to the Wallsend & Suburb matches this weekend, we've had some good battles over the years.

The Spy
03-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Hey Donk,
How does Barnsley's Junior ground go with the water? We a chance with the FFA Cup on Wednesday?

Premy
03-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Looking forward to the Wallsend & Suburb matches this weekend, we've had some good battles over the years.

Should be a cracking day, hopefully the weather treats us well and we get on.
Where exactly is Wallsend 1?

Donk
03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Hey Donk,
How does Barnsley's Junior ground go with the water? We a chance with the FFA Cup on Wednesday?

It's pretty good with predicted rain we are confident that we will play

dan
03-04-2017, 04:05 PM

It's the junior ground down near the twin servos in Wallsend, or near the skate park depending where you want to park.
It's called Wal Herd Park if you need to google map it.

rolo
03-04-2017, 04:05 PM

Opposite Wallsend plaza

Premy
03-04-2017, 05:20 PM
It's the junior ground down near the twin servos in Wallsend, or near the skate park depending where you want to park.
It's called Wal Herd Park if you need to google map it.

Opposite Wallsend plaza
Cheers, I thought that was the case just wasn't sure.

Donk
04-04-2017, 07:56 AM
It's pretty good with predicted rain we are confident that we will play

Hey Donk,
May have jinxed it

The Spy
05-04-2017, 10:12 AM
May have jinxed it

What time's the ground inspection mate?

I think we'll be assuming OFF though?

Donk
05-04-2017, 10:22 AM
What time's the ground inspection mate?

I think we'll be assuming OFF though?

Correct but has been moved to Speers point @ 8.15 kick off

The Spy
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Correct but has been moved to Speers point @ 8.15 kick off

Geez, I'll have to come off at HT and go to bed..

Donk
05-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Geez, I'll have to come off at HT and go to bed..
😂😂

Bubbles7
06-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Any Westlakes lads on here that can give us a ground update?

Macca
06-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Grounds good to go for the weekend at this stage I believe.

Bubbles7
06-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Grounds good to go for the weekend at this stage I believe.
👍🏼

ICEBERG10
06-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Any Westlakes lads on here that can give us a ground update?

We are very happy with it and our new drainage system.

Mowed today ( ride on lawnmower not council crap) and will be marked tomorrow all ready for Saturday.

Wilso8948
07-04-2017, 09:11 PM
How's morisset looking for tomorrow? Talk is ground is looking 50/50.. surely with shit all rain in the past two days we will get on

jaypee
07-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Still 50/50... We have rain up to and including this morning.... Being on the lake we copped loads

Wilso8948
08-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Still 50/50... We have rain up to and including this morning.... Being on the lake we copped loads

I live 10 minutes away. Haven't had a drop