View Full Version : 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
04-01-2017, 08:32 PM
discussion starts here

DonPablo
09-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

It is with regret that we inform that RAAF Williamtown have had to pull out of the ZFL3 competition for this upcoming season.
This has been due to movements of players onto other ventures, or postings to other locations.
The boys will still be putting in an All Age team though, and we wish them the very best while they rebuild their team and hopefully enter the competition again in future years.

As it stands, the ZFL3 competition will drop back to a 12 Team Competition with a BYE.

They have important things to focus on like keeping our country safe from Trump.

anfield
09-01-2017, 11:32 PM
A shame about raaf, 2nd year in a row that teams have fallen late. After their player number problems last year it probably the best call considering 22 rounds.
If raaf play zone leagues in the future they may need to sign around 10 non raaf player's to keep team going. Was this looked at this year??

C-Mac
13-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Hey lads.

I am looking to get in contact with any club who would be keen on having a trial game against Raymond Terrace .

We can host midweek or sundays or travel if need be.
We are not fussed by your clubs division or number or teams you can bring on the day.

Please feel free to PM me and see if we can lock in a date.

anfield
30-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Word is lake macquarie juniors out of competition

Cunning stunts
30-01-2017, 01:16 PM
so does that make the teams in the comp below

MEDOWIE FC
MAYFIELD UJSFC
BOLWARRA
MAITLAND JUNIOR
EDGEWORTH
HAMILTON AZZURRI
LAKE MACQUARIE
ABERMAIN RAMS
DUDLEY REDHEAD
MAITLAND FC

anfield
02-02-2017, 12:40 PM
so does that make the teams in the comp below

MEDOWIE FC
MAYFIELD UJSFC
BOLWARRA
MAITLAND JUNIOR
EDGEWORTH
HAMILTON AZZURRI
LAKE MACQUARIE
ABERMAIN RAMS
DUDLEY REDHEAD
MAITLAND FC

LAKE MACQUARIE CITY NOW OUT TOO. soon it will be a 4 team comp

anfield
02-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Was there any chance of 2 lake macquarie teams merging?

Cunning stunts
02-02-2017, 01:50 PM
so does that mean there is no lake Macquarie teams

BP Super Dynamos
03-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Sounds like Abermain will be playing all age

anfield
03-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Sounds like Abermain will be playing all age

Its not april fools day yet, surely not another team going? For real?

BP Super Dynamos
04-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Abermain are struggling for numbers again, and from what I'm hearing won't be accepted for ZL3

anfield
04-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Its a shame that a few clubs have fallen over plus a few have or are in trouble. Dudley were in a dangerous position about 3 weeks ago, but with a fair bit of effort have managed to stay reasonably solid.
The association may need to look at doing all it can to keep players in the sport and in zone leagues and clubs in the competition.

C-Mac
06-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Raymond Terrace soccer club are looking for a team that would like to trial our 3rd grade side this thursday (9-2-17) at Raymond Terrace

Please PM if interested

Charman
06-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Interested to see how fellow ZL3 teams are shaping up so far. Even with the withdrawal of Lake Mac x 2, Raaf and possibly Abermain I still see a tough comp ahead in 2017. Without knowing too much about both Maitland teams I anticipate at least one, if not both to be strong. After the way Argie burst on the scene last year we need to be ready for the newcomers to come out firing. I think pre-season favourites would be Azzuri based on the info shared and expect Bolwarra to be right in the mix. Medowie could be anything after dropping down a grade.
I am curious what they will do with the draw if only 8 teams? 14 games is too few IMO.
My top 4 prediction in no particular order. Dudley (big surprise) Azzuri, Maitland Snr, Bolwarra.

onlooker
06-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Did see a post from the new medowie coach on face book chasing players. I know some of there players from last year and juniors coming through have left for newer pasture's.

Jonty
06-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Interested to see how fellow ZL3 teams are shaping up so far. Even with the withdrawal of Lake Mac x 2, Raaf and possibly Abermain I still see a tough comp ahead in 2017. Without knowing too much about both Maitland teams I anticipate at least one, if not both to be strong. After the way Argie burst on the scene last year we need to be ready for the newcomers to come out firing. I think pre-season favourites would be Azzuri based on the info shared and expect Bolwarra to be right in the mix. Medowie could be anything after dropping down a grade.
I am curious what they will do with the draw if only 8 teams? 14 games is too few IMO.
My top 4 prediction in no particular order. Dudley (big surprise) Azzuri, Maitland Snr, Bolwarra.

When I played ZL3 a few years ago it was an 8 team, 18 game comp.

MonkeyKplunk
07-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Muswellbrook Eagles are looking for trial games during February/March for both First and Reserve Grade teams.
Can do either home or away.
If you're team is interested, please get in contact with me via PM here, or I can PM you.

evolution
07-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Word is lake macquarie juniors out of competition

Have some friends at Lakes... unfortunately they had 10-15 players pull out on them so the ZP3 plans fell apart. Will be back in All Age this year.

Not sure what happened to the team City were planning to put in however.

Cunning stunts
14-02-2017, 08:01 AM
so I have heard Abermain have all but folded

anfield
14-02-2017, 09:25 AM
so I have heard Abermain have all but folded

Hopefully not, A bad sign for the competition if another team falls over. Raaf, tenambit and kurri in recent years.
Add to that the two lake macquarie teams joined then pulled out.

Can someone at Abermain confirm where they currently stand?

Cunning stunts
14-02-2017, 09:37 AM
only good thing it will do is get rid of the bye

anfield
14-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Its either going to be abermain with 16 games, 18 rounds and 2 byes.
Or
Abermain out 21 rounds and games.

Big difference

onlooker
14-02-2017, 02:13 PM
So how many teams are left??

BP Super Dynamos
16-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Rams are out. Gone back to all age due to lack of numbers

onlooker
16-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Swifts, Tenambit, now Rams not having much luck playing zone league football are u! Lol

the_butcher
16-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Grubs. Good riddance.

Charman
16-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Shame to see Abermain go. They were a decent team last year in comparison to the prior year. I thought they were building quite a solid squad and would be competitive this year. Did players leave for Maitland or other local clubs or is it just players not playing anymore?
I will say it is hard work ZL3, it's expensive and players are hard to keep on board (I guess L2 much the same?). We have retained about 50% of last seasons squad and managed to attract the balance from all new players.
At least now we don't have a bye.

riverboy
16-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Just heard the terrible news abermain are out. I will shed a tear or two tonight. Referees will be happy.
Not sure about rebel sport or physiotherapists , sale of shinpads down
Physio appointments down

BP Super Dynamos
16-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Swifts, Tenambit, now Rams not having much luck playing zone league football are u! Lol
Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death.

To everyone whinging about injuries, shin pads etc, toughen up. Abermain gave as good as they got. "Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"

onlooker
16-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death

Il just put a list together and pass it on haha

riverboy
17-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death.

To everyone whinging about injuries, shin pads etc, toughen up. Abermain gave as good as they got. "Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Handle the heat?? Its not MKR or masterchef champ, we play football.
What I cant handle is cheap shots, bad tackles and whack jobs. Id be embarrassed to stand up for that crap. Piss off to all age , we dont need that in zone league football.

onlooker
17-02-2017, 10:30 AM
What I cant handle is cheap shots, bad tackles and whack jobs. Id be embarrassed to stand up for that crap. Piss off to all age , we dont need that in zone league football.

Mate if that don't happen now in ZL3 with abermain leaving your best off staying in ZL3 for the foreseeable future as that stuff happens in the higher grades on a weekly basis just less people whinge about it

riverboy
17-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Mate if that don't happen now in ZL3 with abermain leaving your best off staying in ZL3 for the foreseeable future as that stuff happens in the higher grades on a weekly basis just less people whinge about it

Have you played abermain?

MonkeyKplunk
17-02-2017, 02:45 PM

You've never played in Muswellbrook have you?

riverboy
19-02-2017, 08:54 AM
You've never played in Muswellbrook have you?

I guess im not going to have to worry about playing in muswellbrook considering they arnt in zl3!!! Best thing about muswellbrook is the road out of there.

terry3au
19-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi Guys,

We lost a few players from our Friday night All Age team last year, looking for a few players including a Goalkeeper for our team this year. We are a good bunch of blokes that used to play more in the more serious Zone League divisions. But now we are happy just having a run with a bit less of the competitiveness. We more just play for the enjoyment these days, but we still play to win.

•we train once a week
•the grade will be most likely C or D
•have a beer or two after most games
•We play For Tenambit

So if your looking to still have a run this year but either your team didn't eventuate or you just want to take a bit of a step back from the structure and seriousness of the Zone League let me know.

anfield
20-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Dissapointing that abermain have folded, whats more worrying is the teams that have gone in recent years. I have also been hearing some of the remaining zl3 teams have struggled this year

Tenambit, kurri, raaf, abermain, bellbird and dungog all have departed in recent years. 2 new teams from lake macquarie jrs and seniors joined then folded.

Where are all the players going?this is not a good sign for the competition at all, Especially given the amount of teams from the hunter valley. Maybe time for a look at ways to keep clubs and players in zone leagues.

BP Super Dynamos
20-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Dissapointing that abermain have folded, whats more worrying is the teams that have gone in recent years. I have also been hearing some of the remaining zl3 teams have struggled this year

Tenambit, kurri, raaf, abermain, bellbird and dungog all have departed in recent years. 2 new teams from lake macquarie jrs and seniors joined then folded.

Where are all the players going?this is not a good sign for the competition at all, Especially given the amount of teams from the hunter valley. Maybe time for a look at ways to keep clubs and players in zone leagues.

Having played with Weston Swifts, Tenambit and Abermain, and having an insight into Kurri, Bellbird and CPYC, there are numerous factors in each clubs demise. The 2 biggest factors (I think) have been a lack of younger (16-22) players wanting to play ZL, ensuring continuity, and finding people dedicated to coaching/running the Snr clubs. I get the feeling, in the Hunter Valley at least, that the culture of ID's/ZL is dead, with All Age a far more manageable and easy alternative

onlooker
20-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Having played with Weston Swifts, Tenambit and Abermain, and having an insight into Kurri, Bellbird and CPYC, there are numerous factors in each clubs demise. The 2 biggest factors (I think) have been a lack of younger (16-22) players wanting to play ZL, ensuring continuity, and finding people dedicated to coaching/running the Snr clubs. I get the feeling, in the Hunter Valley at least, that the culture of ID's/ZL is dead, with All Age a far more manageable and easy alternative

I also believe the club making it appealing to play goes along way, in most my years at Tenambit the club made playing ZL football appealing in the way the treated you and looked after you with gear cost and at that stage they were looking at juniors to bring in and step up. In the last few years leading up to Tenambit folding the committee couldn't give two shits which makes it hard.

Also as players you need to have a great team culture the early days at Tenambit were awesome but that faded away as the years went on as everyone got older which people say will happen but why should it just means you have to change how you go about it.

ranger
20-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Bolwarra short on players and looking at folding

anfield
20-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Bolwarra short on players and looking at folding

This cant be serious?

MonkeyKplunk
20-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Just got confirmation from them today about playing a trial on the 11th, so that doesn't seem right

anfield
20-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Just got confirmation from them today about playing a trial on the 11th, so that doesn't seem right

Bolwarra made the finals in both grades last year. They won reserve grade, so there's no way most of their guys aren't coming back.

anfield
20-02-2017, 05:26 PM

Over the last few years Tenambit and kurri suprised me the most when they folded.
Tenambit have a great setup, good grounds and a growing area population wise. It was one of the more enjoyable places to play. It appeared that when they went back up to league 2 due to a lack of numbers, they simply weren't ready for it. They struggled and must of lost players on the back of that.

Kurri appeared to have a good player culture amongst the group. It also suprised me after a very successful year in zl3 they folded after an average year the following season in zl2.

Coaches is a problem across the board, many now that want to get into coaching follow the NPL juniors as a pathway instead of doing lower zone leagues.
I think more is needed to entice players and clubs at this level. Success is the key to retaining players, most count a successful year as making the finals. Perhaps in 10 team competitions more teams then the current 4 should be in the final series? This may help retaining players.
I believe there is more all age clubs that could and would make the switch to zone league football if the correct approach was made. Entry fees for some of these small clubs that have little money might turn them off. Entry fees might need to be looked at zl3 level?, are they really required?

Simply there are plenty of guys around to have a successful competition right down to 10 teams in zl3. The key is just to find a way of keeping players and clubs. As we at Dudley have found out, its takes alot of work to maintain a squad.

onlooker
20-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Over the last few years Tenambit and kurri suprised me the most when they folded.
Tenambit have a great setup, good grounds and a growing area population wise. It was one of the more enjoyable places to play. It appeared that when they went back up to league 2 due to a lack of numbers, they simply weren't ready for it. They struggled and must of lost players on the back of that.

Going up to ZL2 on the back of coming 5th in ZL3 ( a decision made without consulting the players was one of many reasons it started to fall apart, and as I said before a committee who weren't all that worried about keeping the team.

Tenambit also lost the coach from that season who everyone enjoyed playing under and had them playing some good football, they then replaced him with a former player and unfortunately that didn't work out players lost interest and the following year the club had about 5 all age teams and no zone league.

I do know the current president at the club is keen to get a zone league team back but the all age teams have no interest in joining and all the neglected juniors have left so it's going to take a few years for the current crop of juniors to make there way through.

BP Super Dynamos
20-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Kurri collapsed because the 1 couple who ran the club, called it quits due to work and family. No one stepped up. Too many shiftworkers put stress on player numbers as well.
Weston Swifts fell over due to blokes retiring and no one replacing them.
Abermain have always struggled for numbers and have relied on an ageing player base, which has now diminished

anfield
21-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Kurri collapsed because the 1 couple who ran the club, called it quits due to work and family. No one stepped up. Too many shiftworkers put stress on player numbers as well.
Weston Swifts fell over due to blokes retiring and no one replacing them.
Abermain have always struggled for numbers and have relied on an ageing player base, which has now diminished

Crazy to think that their is no zone league teams in kurri and cessnock area. Must be some decent all age players running around in those areas?Where do all the guys that fall out of cessnock new fm end up? Abermain appeared that long term it was always going to struggle given an older squad and lack of juniors.

Tenambit is a worry given how many all age teams there are. Zone league football should be represented at most clubs as a pathway for juniors at the very least.

Redback
21-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

rawr.
21-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Word is Greta Branxton are looking to re-enter the competition in the next few years.
They've got a big population boom coming with all the new 'suburbs' popping up around them.

Brown town
22-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Shame to see the comp back to 8 teams but stoked to see we have 21 games again.
Are most clibs using the full squad size now there is 21 games?

Charman
22-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Shame to see the comp back to 8 teams but stoked to see we have 21 games again.
Are most clibs using the full squad size now there is 21 games?

Good to see rangers post regarding you guys folding was fictitious. We are looking to max numbers for sure. 21 rds with wed nite games is tough with the min, but if you are lucky with injuries 28 could be sufficient.

Ex Machina
25-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Too early for predictions across both grades?

Marker2.3
27-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Bolworra will be strong with 2 ex a-league players apparently and a new young bloke up front for 1st grade.

anfield
28-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Bolworra will be strong with 2 ex a-league players apparently and a new young bloke up front for 1st grade.

Any names?

RANGER09
28-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Andy Roberts?

Brown town
28-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Andy Roberts?
Are u sure its not Brad Pitt? Heard there is a bloke who looks a lot like him that plays for the Rangers?

RANGER09
01-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Not sure, we have a few Ed Sheran lookalikes tho haha

Passtheballmate
01-03-2017, 11:10 AM

Think they're talking about Bolwarra BushRangers.. Not Terrace.

Brown town
01-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Heard you play training games 'gingers vs teachers'?

Premy
07-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Looking for an opponent to play Garden Suburb FC first grade at 2:30pm this Sunday at Lance Yorke Oval. Due to a mix up our scheduled opponent has cancelled.

Our lower grades already have games scheduled, we are only seeking one first grade side to play our first grade.

NBN NEWS
12-03-2017, 09:43 AM
We have just received breaking news out of the two different maitland camps. Maitland FC have reportedly been poaching players from an already struggling maitland juniors. Adding fuel to the fire, Maitland juniors skipper has promised a broken leg to the traitor who moved camps.
I have been asked by my source to not name any names, as he/she is a club leader at Maitland FC.

Charman
12-03-2017, 12:49 PM
We have just received breaking news out of the two different maitland camps. Maitland FC have reportedly been poaching players from an already struggling maitland juniors. Adding fuel to the fire, Maitland juniors skipper has promised a broken leg to the traitor who moved camps.
I have been asked by my source to not name any names, as he/she is a club leader at Maitland FC.

Oh this could be the local derby of all local derbies!

Drogdog
12-03-2017, 06:37 PM

Great to see NBN News sharing the scoop and following player movements in ZL3, The Gentlemen's League

Cunning stunts
14-03-2017, 11:40 AM

HAHA how pathetic can one get.

this will be a very interesting derby to see

Shere Khan
15-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Cardiff City Zpl have had a late trial cancellation and are looking for games for our Res and 3rds this Sun.
Unfortunately we don't have a field due to cricket.
Please pm me.

Cabaye#4
22-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Due to opposition pitch & player availability, Charlestown ZL1 are urgently looking for 2 grades to play (and host) either tomorrow night or Saturday. Was aiming to get our reserves & 3rds a game in lieu of FFA Cup, but will consider anyone available to host us.
Please message our coach on 0421667431 if interested.

Charman
31-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Comp starts tonight. Wishing all the best to all teams in what I expect will be a very strong competition this year. ZL3 has developed and become stronger every year since we joined. Now in our 4th year and loving it.
FYI Maitland, games are on at Redhead tomorrow. Pitch looks good. We are in black shorts/socks, white shirts. Not sure on your kit but history tells me probably similar. Need your away strip tomorrow.

Charman
31-03-2017, 09:23 PM
And right on queue it is flogging down. Stay tuned for ground closure!

anfield
02-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Dudley v maitland fc
Firsts 0-4 Maitland
Reserves 1-2 Maitland

Very impressed with Maitland, Going to be hard to beat this year in both grades. Not too sure about how many in their squad? Appeared to have around 20 players in total for yesterday's games. If it is a skinny squad that may be their big challenge throughout the year.

Cunning stunts
11-04-2017, 07:41 AM
so after two rounds is anyone willing to make predictions for First grade and reserve

Charman
11-04-2017, 09:37 AM
so after two rounds is anyone willing to make predictions for First grade and reserve

Not yet! Not sure if anyone has actually played 2 games. We were washed out on Sat. This forum very quiet this year. Need at least one user from each club to post a brief game report each week at least. DRUFC has Anfield. Anyone else out there?

Cunning stunts
11-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Results I know from the moment is

Round one

first grade
Auzzie 4 Edgy 2
Dudley 0 Maitland 4

Ressies
Edgy won I think
dudley1 maitland 2

Round 2
first
maitland Jnr 2 auzzie 5
Maitland 3 Mayfield 0

ressie
Maitland Jnr 0 Auzzie 9
Maitland 12 Mayfield 0

BP Super Dynamos
11-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Mayfield to run last, again. Azzuri the team to beat and Dudley will just miss the finals. Maitland x 2 and Bolwarra will be thereabouts come semis

Charman
11-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Mayfield to run last, again. Azzuri the team to beat and Dudley will just miss the finals. Maitland x 2 and Bolwarra will be thereabouts come semis

Edgie will be a surprise package this yr. i tip them ahead of Bolwarra. Maitland, azzuri, dudley, edgie, bolwarra, medowie, maitland jnr, mayfield..... Does not mean I underestimated anyone. Realistically, 7 of the 8 could make the 4.
Out of curiosity, where u playing this yr BP.S.D?

BP Super Dynamos
11-04-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm done, retired unhurt and unheard of. Killed 3 clubs in 4 years. I've based my predictions on past years, with no idea on this seasons squads. Figured Mayfield always run last and Dudley just miss the 4. No one else seems to be commenting in this thread

Charman
11-04-2017, 10:48 PM
No, it's boring this year. Maybe others will join in good time. Cmon zl3 thread. Stir it up.

Cunning stunts
12-04-2017, 07:41 AM
I think

Maitland
Azzuri
Bolwarra
edgy
Dudley
Maitland Jnr
Medowie
Mayfield

Passtheballmate
12-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Did Medowie end up signing the famous Lez Wallace? or has he done a runner on another club where he cant win anything at after 3 games.

salmon
12-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Any word on when the catchup games will be played?

Jardelsimage
12-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Did Medowie end up signing the famous Lez Wallace? or has he done a runner on another club where he cant win anything at after 3 games.

I'm sure he has been playing golf at waratah on Saturdays.....

Wilso8948
12-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Funny how people in here get caught up taking the piss out of a bloke that they are clearly worried about/technically inferior to.

E.J.S.C ZL
12-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Les did play for Medowie on the Weekend. He scored 2 and set up there other goal. Anyone that underestimates Medowie could be in for a shock this year, they played some good football. My only concern for them being a long year this year with 21 games, is there squad depth. Not sure if they had many guys out on the weekend but with there 2nds going down 10-1, it might be a bit much for some of them to step up into 1st Grade.

Cunning stunts
13-04-2017, 11:01 AM
last night
Ressies
Maitland Jnr 0 Bolwarra 9

First
Maitland Jnr 2 Bolwarra 4

by the first couple of games Maitland Jnrs reserves are in for a very long year.
but there first grade look competitive and could cause some upsets in the year

anfield
13-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Results I know from the moment is

Round one

first grade
Auzzie 4 Edgy 2
Dudley 0 Maitland 4

Ressies
Edgy won I think
dudley1 maitland 2

Round 2
first
maitland Jnr 2 auzzie 5
Maitland 3 Mayfield 0

ressie
Maitland Jnr 0 Auzzie 9
Maitland 12 Mayfield 0

Little suprised Maitland fc only beat Mayfield 3-0 in firsts. Considering they beat their reserves 12-0.

Given Dudley thumped Mayfield 8-0 in ffa cup and Maitland beat Dudley 4-0. Was there something behind that? Forfeit? Send offs? Or have Mayfield improved in firsts dramatically?

anfield
13-04-2017, 01:12 PM
last night
Ressies
Maitland Jnr 0 Bolwarra 9

First
Maitland Jnr 2 Bolwarra 4

by the first couple of games Maitland Jnrs reserves are in for a very long year.
but there first grade look competitive and could cause some upsets in the year

Suprised to see games up that way considering recent wash outs in the area.

salmon
13-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Little suprised Maitland fc only beat Mayfield 3-0 in firsts. Considering they beat their reserves 12-0.

Given Dudley thumped Mayfield 8-0 in ffa cup and Maitland beat Dudley 4-0. Was there something behind that? Forfeit? Send offs? Or have Mayfield improved in firsts dramatically?

Talking to a couple of the players, they said they just had one of those nights where things just weren't quite coming off. Happens in football sometimes.

Cunning stunts
13-04-2017, 02:17 PM
on any other day I think Maitland could have beat Mayfield 10+ if they could should and Mayfield's goal keeper didn't pull of countless great saves

salmon
13-04-2017, 03:44 PM
on any other day I think Maitland could have beat Mayfield 10+ if they could should and Mayfield's goal keeper didn't pull of countless great saves

Is Mayfield's goalkeeper the same as they had last year? I remember playing them in pre-season and whoever was in the sticks pulled off worldie after worldie, then when it came to season proper it was a different story...

Cunning stunts
21-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Mayfield Vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades
Medowie Vs Maitland Fc - Maitland Both grades
Dudley Vs Hamilton - Hamilton Both Grades
Edgeworth Vs Maitland JNR - Edgy in Ressie and Draw in first

false9
21-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Mayfield V Bolwarra - Bolwarra
Medowie V Maitland FC - Maitland FC
Dudley V Hamilton - Hamilton
Edgeworth V Maitland Jnr - Maitland Jnr

Be good to have a full round played!

Charman
22-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Redhead v azzuri
Res 0-7. Redhead played poorly, azzuri played well. Too good.
1st 2-4. 0-0 1/2 time and really even. 2nd half Azzuri took their chances. We dove in and lost our shape/structure. As always, azzuri crowd gracious and humble.

E.J.S.C ZL
23-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Edgeworth vs Maitland Jnrs

1st Grade 2-1 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 7-2 Edgeworth

Charman
26-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Wow, Medowie beat Maitland SNRS 6-5. Maitland are a sharp team so are Medowie better or just one of those days? With Medowie results last year they obviously recruited well.

Passtheballmate
26-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Wow, Medowie beat Maitland SNRS 6-5. Maitland are a sharp team so are Medowie better or just one of those days? With Medowie results last year they obviously recruited well.

All that was on the grapevine was that Lez Wallace decided to make Medowie his 100th club in recent years. That could explain a bit.

ICEBERG10
26-04-2017, 12:37 PM
All that was on the grapevine was that Lez Wallace decided to make Medowie his 100th club in recent years. That could explain a bit.

I played against Lez several times when he was at Garden Suburb and the bloke was good at finding the back of the net but still had some tidy blokes giving him the ball.

Kudos to Medowie if they have recruited well they deserve it after the tough season they had last year.

anfield
27-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts 2-3 bolwarra
Reserves 2-2

E.J.S.C ZL
30-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Edgeworth vs Maitland Snrs

1st Grade 3-1 Maitland
2nd Grade 1-0 Maitland

Charman
30-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Redhead v maitland jnrs.
Res a win to Redhead 4-2
1st a win to Redhead 3-0.
6 welcome points. That pitch is pretty tough to play on and the team that deals with it will prosper

Cunning stunts
01-05-2017, 01:54 PM
for Maitland to drop points against Medowie it would make for Hamilton clear front runners now and are the team to beat. it will be a tight comp I say.

with semi final spots will be a good battle

Cunning stunts
01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
"Edgeworth vs Maitland Snrs

1st Grade 3-1 Maitland
2nd Grade 1-0 Maitland "

two really tight games these. with a few hot collars but quality banter throughout could have gone either was in reserves and first was a battle but Maitland were deserved winners in the end

E.J.S.C ZL
01-05-2017, 05:58 PM
for Maitland to drop points against Medowie it would make for Hamilton clear front runners now and are the team to beat. it will be a tight comp I say.

with semi final spots will be a good battle

I agree. I think there will be 7 Teams fighting for finals places in 1st Grade. With Azzurri and Maitland Snrs as stand outs. Having played both Teams I think either of them could finish Minor Prem's. Leaving 5 Teams fighting it out for 2 spots.

I think 2nd Grade there will be 5 Teams fighting it out for finals this Year, going off early results. Maitland Snrs are the team to beat in 2nd Grade and if Bolwarra show the same form as last Year, they will be up there as well. Leaving I believe Edgeworth, Azzurri and Dudley fighting it out for 2 spots. I think Maitland Jnrs might win a few games late in the Year but the start of the season may cost them.

Charman
07-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Redhead v edgie
Res 1-3
1st 3-1. Good win to the redhead boys.
Edgie changed this game to a Sunday so we could get refs. Unfortunately we had to deal with none and a club official did it. Its a tough ask but no free kicks to Redhead in res for entire 2nd half and a red to us in 1st and nothing for their 3rd man in is a bit disappointing. Look forward to wed night match v edgie again, always a tough slog in both grades.

Cunning stunts
08-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Maitland raptors win in both grades over bolwarra
Maitland Jnr win in both grades over Mayfield
Edgy win in ressies and Dudley win in first
auzzie win in both grades over Medowie

could this midweek fixtures bring up some suprising results?? seeming as everyone only just played the same teams on the weekend? thoughts?

Charman
08-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Depends on player availability i reckon. I think we are out 7 guys. Other teams may be similar but depends what guys are out. I see pretty similar results coming but medowie may have a diminished team sat, if so they could flip the results.

Charman
08-05-2017, 04:03 PM
What was bol v mait scores? Fyi maitland need to load scores up to sp for home games too.

E.J.S.C ZL
08-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Redhead v edgie
Res 1-3
1st 3-1. Good win to the redhead boys.
Edgie changed this game to a Sunday so we could get refs. Unfortunately we had to deal with none and a club official did it. Its a tough ask but no free kicks to Redhead in res for entire 2nd half and a red to us in 1st and nothing for their 3rd man in is a bit disappointing. Look forward to wed night match v edgie again, always a tough slog in both grades.

I think it's a bit disappointing to be judging Club officials off 2nd hand information, everyone always thinks Club Refs are out there to rob the other Team. They did there best, I believe we had calls go against us as well. No acknowledgement to the Ref for not sending your guy off in 2nd Grade, for the poor challenge that left our guy with a dislocated shoulder? As for the Red card in 1st Grade, there was only 1 person throwing punches and he was the 1 sent off.

Cunning stunts
09-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Maitland 1-0 in ressies
Maitland 2-0 in first I think

Cunning stunts
11-05-2017, 07:45 AM
any results from last night?
bolwarra vs Maitland Snrs
First grade 3-1 bolwarra
reserver 1-2 Maitland

anfield
11-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Dudley v edgeworth
First grade 2-1 Dudley
Reserves 2-2

salmon
11-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Medowie vs. Azzurri
First Grade 0 - 2
Reserves 1 - 6

anfield
12-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Big weekend ahead
Azzurri v Maitland is the pick of the games.
Edgeworth v bolwarra also will be a good match.
Both games in both grades

riverboy
12-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Big weekend ahead
Azzurri v Maitland is the pick of the games.
Edgeworth v bolwarra also will be a good match.
Both games in both grades

Azzurri to win firsts at grub headquarters.
Maitland will win 2nds

Draw in firsts
Edgeworth in 2nds

Charman
13-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Redhead v mayfield
Res 5-1 Redhead
1st 3-1 Redhead
Mayfield have improved significantly and will start taking points off teams very shortly. 8 team comp now.

salmon
14-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Azzurri v Maitland Seniors
1st Grade 3 - 1
Res Grade 1 - 3

E.J.S.C ZL
15-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Edgeworth vs Bolwarra

1st Grade 4-1 Bolwarra
2nd Grade 1-0 Edgeworth

Cunning stunts
17-05-2017, 12:24 PM
"Breaking news

I have been asked by my source to not name any names, as he/she is a club leader at Maitland FC."

this game is on this weekend it be interesting to see what comes from it

The Dunster
17-05-2017, 01:04 PM
"Breaking news

I have been asked by my source to not name any names, as he/she is a club leader at Maitland FC."

Show some balls and at least post this information using your own name.

Cunning stunts
17-05-2017, 03:01 PM
its got nothing to do with me it was a post made by someone else early on in the season I just copied the post hence the quotation marks

it was posted by user name: NBN News on the 12/3/2017

The Dunster
17-05-2017, 06:05 PM
its got nothing to do with me it was a post made by someone else early on in the season I just copied the post hence the quotation marks

it was posted by user name: NBN News on the 12/3/2017

sorry about that chief. Carry on.

hamburgler
20-05-2017, 11:27 AM
"Breaking news

So any broken bones??

Charman
20-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Redhead v medowie.
Res 2-3
1st 1-2
Good day for medowie, not so good for us.

E.J.S.C ZL
21-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1st Grade 2-0 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 4-1 Edgeworth

Good to get the win in 1st Grade, coming off 3 losses in 8 days last week.

Cunning stunts
24-05-2017, 08:41 AM
So any broken bones??

no very very tamed games actually

Cunning stunts
24-05-2017, 08:46 AM
this weekend fixtures

Hamilton vs Edgeworth
First - Hamilton
Ressies - Edgeworth

Medowie vs Mayfield
First - Medowie
Ressies - Mayfield

Bolwarra vs Maitland Jnr
First - Bolwarra
Ressies - Bolwarra

Maitland FC vs Dudley
First - Maitland
Ressies - Maitland

Charman
26-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Redhead v maitland
Res 0-6. Some of the most clinical finishing i have seen from a res team. Nailed everything.
1st 3-6. At 1-2 we were right in it, they were a bit frustrated. Then bang, bang. 2 goals in 2 mins before 1/2 time. They just punished any mistake tonight.

salmon
27-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Redhead v maitland
Res 0-6. Some of the most clinical finishing i have seen from a res team. Nailed everything.
1st 3-6. At 1-2 we were right in it, they were a bit frustrated. Then bang, bang. 2 goals in 2 mins before 1/2 time. They just punished any mistake tonight.

Maitland's Ressies are class. Genuinely believe some of those lads should be in their First Grade squad.

Also think that Redhead may give that 4th finals spot a shake.

Doc
27-05-2017, 06:43 PM
1sts 9-2 Medowie
Reserves 2-1 Medowie

In 1sts Medowie should have done way better but like looking forward to next week

E.J.S.C ZL
27-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Edgeworth vs Azzurri

1st Grade 6-1 Azzurri
2nd Grade 2-2

anfield
28-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Good to see some scores posted, keep them coming in. Plenty of goals this weekend.
How many goals did Les score for medowie?
Azzurri and Maitland are both solid clubs and wound be near the top end of zl2 let alone zl3. Not much talk this year on the forum from azzurri or bolwarra. Probably letting their football do the talking?

As for Dudley, numbers have been an issue for a few weeks. But it's probably the same for others? Costly loss to medowie the other week but I think we will get back in the grove shortly.

pv4
28-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Not much talk this year on the forum from azzurri or bolwarra. Probably letting their football do the talking?

:rof: clearly you don't follow the Azzuri facebook page

Brown town
28-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Been plenty of chat on the zl3 banter page on facebook

anfield
29-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Been plenty of chat on the zl3 banter page on facebook

Was just interested in getting more scores posted on the forum.

riverboy
29-05-2017, 12:06 PM
:rof: clearly you don't follow the Azzuri facebook page

Why would anyone want to read about those grubs? Happy Im not playing them this year. Heard they are trying to buy zl3 comp this year? Big enough club as it is without bringing in all the external players, shame.

pv4
29-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Why would anyone want to read about those grubs? Happy Im not playing them this year. Heard they are trying to buy zl3 comp this year? Big enough club as it is without bringing in all the external players, shame.

To be fair, you say "external players" but I think you'll find the guys they bring in are all close mates already. I don't think they're just bringing in randoms.

I've seen reported around town that at least one of their facebook posts was sponsored, so yeah I guess you could say they are buying the comp :rof:

As always with any Zone League squad that has a massive amount of quality - they can come and go, but it's a testament to the clubs whom keep them together year in and out. Look at former Terrace and Morisset squads for examples of how quickly a good squad can come and go. If Azzuri keep this current squad together, they could be "buying" ZPL in a few years time. Who knows! In the meantime I suggest you sit back and watch a pretty tidy team scoring goals on and off the field.

#carn

Charman
29-05-2017, 03:55 PM
To be fair, you say "external players" but I think you'll find the guys they bring in are all close mates already. I don't think they're just bringing in randoms.

I've seen reported around town that at least one of their facebook posts was sponsored, so yeah I guess you could say they are buying the comp :rof:

As always with any Zone League squad that has a massive amount of quality - they can come and go, but it's a testament to the clubs whom keep them together year in and out. Look at former Terrace and Morisset squads for examples of how quickly a good squad can come and go. If Azzuri keep this current squad together, they could be "buying" ZPL in a few years time. Who knows! In the meantime I suggest you sit back and watch a pretty tidy team scoring goals on and off the field.
#carn

No issue from me with them attracting high quality players, or anyone else for that matter. Only issues I have with them are the grubby on field tactics that are not required with their skill level and the somewhat less than elegant supporters. They could do with a dose of decorum and humility. Maybe even obtain a bit of sportsmanship.

pv4
29-05-2017, 04:30 PM
No issue from me with them attracting high quality players, or anyone else for that matter. Only issues I have with them are the grubby on field tactics that are not required with their skill level and the somewhat less than elegant supporters. They could do with a dose of decorum and humility. Maybe even obtain a bit of sportsmanship.

Passion is not a crime

Also their on-field tactics, however perceived, don't seem to be working out too bad for them.

riverboy
30-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Basically their grubs, germs and I would be embarrassed to be associated with them. The carry on is way over the top. Its only a game

pv4
30-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Basically their grubs, germs and I would be embarrassed to be associated with them. The carry on is way over the top. Its only a game

Agreed, people need to take it less seriously

Cunning stunts
30-05-2017, 09:04 AM
I for one don't mind the carry on. I think its good banter.
think more clubs need there reserve grade side to stick around and provide some quality banter.

works both ways to I reckon first grade should get there earlier and get behind there reserve grade

makes it enjoyable for both grades.

do also agree though it is just a game, but doesn't mean you cant shake hands after it and enjoy a beer

Cunning stunts
30-05-2017, 09:13 AM
games this weekend

Mayfield vs Maitland Fc - Maitland both Grades
Edgeworth Vs Medowie - Medowie First. - Edgy reserves
Maitland Jnr Vs Hamilton - Hamilton Both Grades
Dudley Vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades

interesting with some quick turn around for the mid week fixtures with some big games.

Wednesday Night
Bolwarra Vs Edgy - Bolwarra First and Draw ressies
Medowie Vs Maitland Jnr - Medowie both grades

Tuesday Night
Maitland Fc Vs Hamilton - Can see Hamilton first drop of points in first grade with them going from the small field of smith park to the big Cooks square and a quick turn around as well from playing Sunday to Tuesday. also big game in reserves Maitland are currently 7 clear and could stamp more distant in that grade

Thursday Night
Mayfield Vs Dudley - Dudley both grades

Doc
30-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Good to see some scores posted, keep them coming in. Plenty of goals this weekend.
How many goals did Les score for medowie?
Azzurri and Maitland are both solid clubs and wound be near the top end of zl2 let alone zl3. Not much talk this year on the forum from azzurri or bolwarra. Probably letting their football do the talking?

As for Dudley, numbers have been an issue for a few weeks. But it's probably the same for others? Costly loss to medowie the other week but I think we will get back in the grove shortly.

Lez scored 3 for Medowie. And came off soon after half time.

pv4
30-05-2017, 11:07 AM
do also agree though it is just a game, but doesn't mean you cant shake hands after it and enjoy a beer

I'm not sure which team didn't shake hands after a game but that is never on if that's the case.

anfield
30-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Azzurri made their intentions clear in the off-season with who was joining their club. Now they have signed an NPL player straight from lakes firsts have only made them stronger. Everyone knew this pre-season, no use complaining now.
They are known to be very passionate from the sidelines. Over the top?, I guess everyone has their opinion. I guess their first grades onfield success has given their supporters plenty to cheer about

Cunning stunts
30-05-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure which team didn't shake hands after a game but that is never on if that's the case.

no it was more people shouldn't take the banter from the blue boys to heart during the game. because after I'm sure they will shake hands and enjoy a beer with everyone

riverboy
31-05-2017, 08:11 AM
no it was more people shouldn't take the banter from the blue boys to heart during the game. because after I'm sure they will shake hands and enjoy a beer with everyone

If its the same grubs from last year it will be interesting to see what happens next year if they get promoted. Some of them are very limited players, if Azzurri are promoted and keep bringing players in where does if leave these guys? Back to all age or if they want to keep playing zone league they will have to look for another club. Interesting.

Zpl3fun
03-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Just come from watching Dudley play Bolwarra in firsts. Dudley won 4-1, but unfortunately it wasn't the highlight. The centre back playing for Dudley, #5, for lack of a better discription is a ****ing embarrassment and a coward. He Ran from half way down the pitch and pushed a Bolwarra player in the back so hard he ends up with a bleeding nose and a probable case of whiplash. Ambulance needed to be called and game was abandoned. What an absolute disgrace to Dudley... Which is a shame because if they had let their football do the talking on the day it would have been another story. He shouldn't be allowed on the field again after that one and that ref..... Words don't describe his uselessness, although to be fair to him.... He was indiscriminate with his rubbish calls. Shame Dudley shame

hawk
03-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Just come from watching Dudley play Bolwarra in firsts. Dudley won 4-1, but unfortunately it wasn't the highlight. The centre back playing for Dudley, #5, for lack of a better discription is a ****ing embarrassment and a coward. He Ran from half way down the pitch and pushed a Bolwarra player in the back so hard he ends up with a bleeding nose and a probable case of whiplash. Ambulance needed to be called and game was abandoned. What an absolute disgrace to Dudley... Which is a shame because if they had let their football do the talking on the day it would have been another story. He shouldn't be allowed on the field again after that one and that ref..... Words don't describe his uselessness, although to be fair to him.... He was indiscriminate with his rubbish calls. Shame Dudley shame

If medical assistance is required get some witnesses and let the cops fix it.

Stryker
03-06-2017, 07:05 PM
and that ref..... Words don't describe his uselessness, although to be fair to him.... He was indiscriminate with his rubbish calls

so pretty much you need to request no referees if thats what you think. put up or shut up.

ranger
03-06-2017, 07:27 PM
so pretty much you need to request no referees if thats what you think. put up or shut up.

Zone league 3 doesn't have refs. All teams know that. How does a neutral spectator request for no referees?

Zpl3fun
03-06-2017, 09:49 PM

As a spectator we can do that? That's new? I think your missing my point anyways, he was rubbish......

riverboy
03-06-2017, 10:12 PM
As a spectator we can do that? That's new? I think your missing my point anyways, he was rubbish......

I think he is trying to say that you weren't just a spectator, Your involved with bolwarra. Probably a player

riverboy
03-06-2017, 10:13 PM
If so ask your club president to put in a request

Hotline
04-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Calling an ambulance for suspected whiplash and a bleeding nose? Am I missing something?

Yes it's pretty bad and would piss me off too, but send the 'grubby' player off and get on with the game. I have seen players do far worse in games and get off lighter.

ranger
04-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Player couldn't feel his legs at the time. That was only reason ambulance was suggested. Moving on. 2 cracking goals from Dudley

Brown town
04-06-2017, 11:02 AM
It was a terrible incident to end the game and took the shine off a very good performa ce from dudley. As a rezzie bolwarra player it was very disappointing to see that happen to a fellow teammate and thankfully his injuries aren't to bad. And also thankful that the number 5 made a quick escape from the ground. And hearing that dudley will take action against his off the ball is good to hear.

I believe this incident has shown that there are serious issues in our comp with the lack of refs. We all have paid a large amount of money to play in this comp and I know that club refs are just doing their best but #5 was originally going to receive a yellow card and that is terrible. I understand that it was off the ball and the ref was following the play of the game but as i understand on his linesman advice that was what was originally planned.

I think both clubs are lucky it didn't escalate into something bigger and uglier than it already was. Hopefully it can be looked at by northern but doubtful considering we are in zl3.

outsider
04-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Zone league 3 doesn't have refs. All teams know that. How does a neutral spectator request for no referees?

Referees are supplied when available.However there have to be TWO referees available as they do not appoint one referee to a ground anymore as per Northerns direction.You could probably blame some of the clubs or spectators for that.However since the majority of games are played on Saturday and some of the referees also do junior football or play there is usually a shortage and games are usually allocated from the top down.EVERY game being played today(Sunday)has referees allocated.Maybe some clubs need to think about playing games on Sunday.

Brown town
04-06-2017, 11:59 AM
I understand that and most people accept that we dont get refs and have been very understanding about the ref situation. Though i think edgy would disagree about the sundays. They moved their home games to sunday and still couldn't get refs 2 sundays in a row.

outsider
04-06-2017, 12:02 PM
I understand that and most people accept that we dont get refs and have been very understanding about the ref situation. Though i think edgy would disagree about the sundays. They moved their home games to sunday and still couldn't get refs 2 sundays in a row.

Refs were available today I think-and it would depend whether there were more Sunday games on those weekends.If refs are available they are appointed

E.J.S.C ZL
04-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Edgeworth vs Medowie

1st Grade 3-2 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 8-0 Edgeworth

Just adding to the conversation about Referee's. We have had 4 home games on Sunday's and had Referee's twice. We moved all our home games to Sunday's to give us the best chance at getting Referee's. But there is only so many people doing it. Being in ZL3 we are going to be the last 1's to get them, it's just the way it is I guess.

Cunning stunts
05-06-2017, 11:04 AM
besides the incident at Bolwarra
I am really surprised with the result, anyone add more details about the actual game?
good result for edgy Medowie a very hit and miss but can cause damage on there day as seen with Maitland

riverboy
05-06-2017, 01:22 PM
besides the incident at Bolwarra
I am really surprised with the result, anyone add more details about the actual game?
good result for edgy Medowie a very hit and miss but can cause damage on there day as seen with Maitland

Dudley dont appear to have said anything about game or incident??

Charman
05-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Dudley dont appear to have said anything about game or incident??

There are instructions to all our guys to leave this alone. It needs no fuel to the fire. The incident was poor, no more needs to be said. We treated seriously to the point of not even singing the team song after the win. That's our only comment.

Cunning stunts
05-06-2017, 01:50 PM
I have no intrest in knowing anything of the incident

just wanted more of a update on the actual match because from what I have seen I would have expected Bolwarra to win with ease

Charman
05-06-2017, 01:59 PM
yeah, fair enough. They got us 3-2 rd1, we got em 4-1 rd 2. Played well and scored some really well taken goals. Had a good day out football wise.

ranger
05-06-2017, 02:38 PM
2 great goals. Dudley fully deserved comprehensive victory

Cunning stunts
06-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Maitland Fc vs the Blues tonight
both grades should be a cracker of a game
predicting ressie draw
first draw

anfield
06-06-2017, 09:28 AM
I have no intrest in knowing anything of the incident

just wanted more of a update on the actual match because from what I have seen I would have expected Bolwarra to win with ease

The result didn't suprise any of us at Dudley, I guess we haven't aimed up so far against Maitland fc so thats probably where a little of the suprise may come from?
In saying that Maitland snrs may have played some of their best football against us? Dudley v Bolwarra games over the last 2 years have always been good contests, not much between the teams. Dudley have had a thin squad numbers wise for last 6 games, which can make performances and results inconsistent. But Im sure if we had regular numbers then results would reflect that.

Cunning stunts
07-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Maitland Fc vs Blues
3-0 in ressies
3-1 in first

both were good hard games we chances created for both team

anfield
07-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Maitland Fc vs Blues
3-0 in ressies
3-1 in first

both were good hard games we chances created for both team

One of ouy guys thought first grade win was to azzurri?

NUGUNS
07-06-2017, 10:17 AM
One of ouy guys thought first grade win was to azzurri?

If their facebook page is anything to go by I think they were both won by Azzurri

salmon
07-06-2017, 12:33 PM
If their facebook page is anything to go by I think they were both won by Azzurri

Maitland won Reserve Grade 3-0. Two disallowed goals for Azzurri, however Maitland are a quality outfit and deservedly setting the pace in that Grade.

First Grade 3-1 to Azzurri, really competitive game. Physical without getting out of hand, another disallowed goal to Azzurri and two absolutely outstanding performances from both Goalkeepers.

Cunning stunts
07-06-2017, 03:30 PM
sorry that was pre early morning coffee this morning and was meant to say azzurri win 3-1

the_butcher
12-06-2017, 05:52 PM
If its the same grubs from last year it will be interesting to see what happens next year if they get promoted. Some of them are very limited players, if Azzurri are promoted and keep bringing players in where does if leave these guys? Back to all age or if they want to keep playing zone league they will have to look for another club. Interesting.

lol, well said riverboy. Sounds like you've been a victim of the blue tsunami too? I still struggle to sleep at night with the continual nightmares about those grubs. One time, they had heaps of supporters who were heaps vocal during the game, constantly supporting their team. To make matters worse, they also recruited really good players and we were comprehensively beaten. Its not fair really and the association should have a close look at them. I've hated them ever since that day. You and I should turn up to Smith Park one day and show them who is boss ha ha! Boo Azzurri!

riverboy
12-06-2017, 09:59 PM
lol, well said riverboy. Sounds like you've been a victim of the blue tsunami too? I still struggle to sleep at night with the continual nightmares about those grubs. One time, they had heaps of supporters who were heaps vocal during the game, constantly supporting their team. To make matters worse, they also recruited really good players and we were comprehensively beaten. Its not fair really and the association should have a close look at them. I've hated them ever since that day. You and I should turn up to Smith Park one day and show them who is boss ha ha! Boo Azzurri!

Good to see you have been released from Ceesnock prison? Hope you enjoyed your stint, wink wink.
Nah ive been missing the cheap shots and constant whinging to the referees.

Cunning stunts
16-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Games This weekend thoughts?
how many games does everyone reckon will be called off?
Maitland vs Medowie - Maitland both grades
Bolwarra - Mayfield - bolwarra both grades
Hamilton vs Dudley - Hamilton both grades
maitland Jnr vs Edgy - Edgy both grades

Cunning stunts
16-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Maitland vs Medowie game has been transferred to Maitland park 1

the_butcher
17-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Good to see you have been released from Ceesnock prison? Hope you enjoyed your stint, wink wink.
Nah ive been missing the cheap shots and constant whinging to the referees.

Ha! Yeah just got out of prison after beating up those azuri grubs ha ha! I know what you mean, no other team ive ever played whinges to the ref but azzzuri. And always hated those damn cheap shots. They are a club full of pests, grubs and other types of insects. Boooooo azurrri! I hate them so much. And don't get me started on their supporters! Theres so many of them and they make such a big racket singing songs and waving flag, they should be banned, football doesn't need that sort of things at matches. Grubs.

rawr.
17-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Games This weekend thoughts?
how many games does everyone reckon will be called off?
Maitland vs Medowie - Maitland both grades
Bolwarra - Mayfield - bolwarra both grades
Hamilton vs Dudley - Hamilton both grades
maitland Jnr vs Edgy - Edgy both grades

Surprised if Smith Park was played.
Mayfield with the win in first grade.

anfield
17-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Surprised if Smith Park was played.
Mayfield with the win in first grade.

Yeah game on at smith park
Firsts
Azzurri 5-1
Game was closer then scoreline suggests. Azzurri's front third capitalized on any of dudley's mistakes. Very dangerous side, surely promotion is theirs.
Reserves
Dudley 1-0
Upset victory to Dudley, showed some much needed spirit.

E.J.S.C ZL
18-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Edgeworth vs Maitland Jnrs

1st Grade 5-0 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 5-0 Edgeworth

Cunning stunts
19-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Maitland FC Vs Medowie
reserve grade 4-0 Maitland one of the worse performances of Maitland reserves all year but still got the win
First grade 10 -0 Maitland. by the looks of it Medowie had a few players out across both grades

Cunning stunts
21-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Weekend tips anyone?
Medowie vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades
Mayfield vs Hamilton - Hamilton both grades
Dudley vs Maitland Jnr - Dudley both grades
Edgeworth vs Maitland Fc - Draw in both grades

anfield
22-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Weekend tips anyone?
Medowie vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades
Mayfield vs Hamilton - Hamilton both grades
Dudley vs Maitland Jnr - Dudley both grades
Edgeworth vs Maitland Fc - Draw in both grades

Interesting that you tipped draw both grades edgeworth v Maitland? Given you support or play for maitland?

anfield
22-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Azzurri undefeated so far in firsts, Maitland undefeated so far in reserves. Whats the chances of a perfect year?, no losses or even draws?

Cunning stunts
22-06-2017, 09:30 AM
just shows the lack of bias towards my tips
going on recent run of forms that's why they have been tipped like that

it will be interesting to see if either team does go undefeated
no team has really come close to azzurri with scores
Maitland ressies have had a few close games

salmon
24-06-2017, 05:52 PM
First Grade
Mayfield 1 - Azzurri 5

Reserve Grade
Mayfield 3 - Azzurri 1

BP Super Dynamos
24-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Did Mayfield 1sts play 2 games?

Charman
24-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Redhead v mjsc
Res 1-2
1st 5-1

anfield
25-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Did Mayfield 1sts play 2 games?
Id say there are a few teams struggling for numbers, so first grade players might be playing in part two games. In that sense some clubs reserve grade side will prosper but their first grade sides struggle a bit.
This was the case with raaf last year.
Possibly the case with bolwarra atm? Possibly medowie and Mayfield? Maitland jnrs only had 18-19 yesterday so they had a few guys play in reserves that possibly dont normally. Maitland seniors have probably had this problem all year, but given their depth it hasn't appeared an issue.

noremac
25-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Can confirm that it was 2 different teams for firsts / seconds. Old man is involved with the ID Team.

E.J.S.C ZL
25-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Edgeworth vs Maitland Snrs

1st Grade 5-3 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 1-1

Cunning stunts
26-06-2017, 08:06 AM
first grade was a tail of two halfs Edgeworth the deserved winners
reserve grade was a good physical game Maitland unlucky to concede late and not put away a lot more of there chances but that's football

Charman
26-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Top win to edgie, came back from 0-3 to take the points.

Cunning stunts
27-06-2017, 11:46 AM
games tomorrow night

Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland FC - Maitland FC both grades
Edgeworth vs Mayfield - Edgeworth both grades
Bolwarra Vs Hamilton - Ressies Draw - Hamilton first but wouldn't be surprised with a upset here very unlikely though
Dudley Vs Medowie - Medowie ressie - Dudley First grade

anfield
28-06-2017, 09:22 AM
games tomorrow night

Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland FC - Maitland FC both grades
Edgeworth vs Mayfield - Edgeworth both grades
Bolwarra Vs Hamilton - Ressies Draw - Hamilton first but wouldn't be surprised with a upset here very unlikely though
Dudley Vs Medowie - Medowie ressie - Dudley First grade

Dudley will win reserve grade, I will put money on that

Charman
28-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Dudley will win reserve grade, I will put money on that

3-0 I suggest?

Cunning stunts
28-06-2017, 01:30 PM
i just noticed they forfeited . that's why i tipped them to win Reserves because they have been struggling for numbers recent weeks with few first playing ressies

anfield
28-06-2017, 01:52 PM
i just noticed they forfeited . that's why i tipped them to win Reserves because they have been struggling for numbers recent weeks with few first playing ressies

We had word on Monday that medowie forfeited.
Its not ideal for the competition at all, Not many like playing two games and its not a sustainable practice. I guess they feel with a full squad they can take the points in first grade? Going forward I hope they can retain players for next season. The competition cant afford to loose more teams.

Cunning stunts
28-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Maitland's local derby called off

anfield
28-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Dudley v medowie ON

Zpl3fun
28-06-2017, 04:37 PM
So medowie reserves forfeit to Dudley tonight or for the season?

anfield
28-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Dudley v medowie 2-2

salmon
28-06-2017, 11:03 PM
First Grade
Bolwarra 2 - 3 Azzurri
Reserve Grade
Bolwarra 3 - 0 Azzurri

Cunning stunts
29-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Dudley v medowie 2-2

Looks like with a full squad they at least got a draw out of it.

Cunning stunts
29-06-2017, 10:25 AM
First Grade
Bolwarra 2 - 3 Azzurri
Reserve Grade
Bolwarra 3 - 0 Azzurri

Very tight in first was it as tight as the score line suggest?

what's going on with azzurri and there reserve grade team they have dropped off a lot in past few weeks

ranger
29-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Hamilton up 1-0 at half time. Then up 2-0 mid second half. Bolwarra came back from 2 nil down. Then Hamilton got a penalty with 10 to go.

anfield
29-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Looks like with a full squad they at least got a draw out of it.

Dudley got two early goals and looked like they were going to go on and win by 4+. Medowie then scored two quick goals for a halftime score of 2-2. Medowie had the early momentum in second half before Dudley finished the game strong hitting the crossbar twice and going close on a few other occasions. Good game

Cunning stunts
30-06-2017, 07:40 AM
This weekends games
Hamilton Vs Medowie - Hamilton both grades
Bolwarra Vs Maitland Fc - Maitland Ressies - Draw first
Dudley Vs Edgy - Edgy both grades
Maitland Jnr Vs Mayfield - Draw Both grades

anfield
30-06-2017, 12:29 PM
This weekends games
Hamilton Vs Medowie - Hamilton both grades
Bolwarra Vs Maitland Fc - Maitland Ressies - Draw first
Dudley Vs Edgy - Edgy both grades
Maitland Jnr Vs Mayfield - Draw Both grades

Some big games.
Bolwarra v Maitland in firsts is a big game for both teams. Reserves clash should also be interesting.
Dudley v edgeworth is a battle for 4th spot in first grade.
Azzurri v medowie will also be interesting in both grades. 4 vs 5 in reserves

the_butcher
30-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Very tight in first was it as tight as the score line suggest?

what's going on with azzurri and there reserve grade team they have dropped off a lot in past few weeks

It definitely ended tight! Azzurri controlled the majority of the match and were coasting at 2-0. Had chances to blow out the scoreline. Bolwarra then awarded a very soft pen and all of a sudden they were back in it. Azzurri had a rezzies outfield player in goals (who himself had two broken ribs!) due to injuries to both keepers.

In terms of rezzies, the club has a ridiculous amount of injuries at the moment. Literally almost half of the squad is unavailable due to injury...good thing there's a big squad!

Charman
01-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Redhead v edgie
Res 0-2. Solid effort from the lads but edgie got the win.
1st 3-2. Top win, one screamer and 2 really well taken goals. Very pleasing result.

salmon
02-07-2017, 04:58 PM
First Grade
Azzurri 9 - 1 Medowie
Reserve Grade
Azzurri 9 - 0 Medowie

Cunning stunts
03-07-2017, 07:44 AM
First grade
Bolwarra 1 - 2 Maitland. very end to end game with a lot of chances that weren't taken by both sides
Reserve grade
Bolwarra 1 - 1 Maitland. Very soft penalty for a Bolwarra goal but Maitland scored very late to draw. draw fitting result

false9
03-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Maitland Jnrs Vs Mayfield

1sts
5-0 to Maitland
Reserves
1-1

the_butcher
03-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Match of the Round:
Huge match this weekend in terms of deciding the semi final spots with Bolwarra taking on Edgy. A Bolwarra win might spell the end of Edgy's finals hopes as Dudley should pick up 3 points against Mayfield. If Bolwarra lose (and assuming Dudley beat Mayfield) they will drop to 4th and Edgy will be only 1 point behind them. Bolwarra's form is diabolical of late, one win in the last five including a lose to cellar-dwellers Mayfield. I'm predicting Bolwarra will lift for this one and take home the chocolates.

In other matches:
Maitland FC vs Azzurri in a dead rubber. Not much to play for as Maitland can't catch Azzurri for the premiership barring Azzurri losing every single remaining match. Predicting a draw.

Mayfield vs Dudley. Backing Dudley to get the win and really put the pressure on the Bushrangers for 4th spot.

Medowie vs Maitland Jnrs. Bizarrely, a win for Medowie still keeps them in touch with the top 4. They haven't won in the last 5 matches but I'm predicting the Bees will pick up the points in this one.

Cunning stunts
04-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Bolwarra vs Edgeworth - Bolwarra first grade - Edgy Ressies
Maitland Vs Azzurri - Azzurri First grade - Maitland ressies
Mayfield vs Dudley - Dudley Both grades
Medowie vs Maitland Jnr - Draw both grades

A win for Azzurri will officially hand them the minor premiership and promotion

Cunning stunts
05-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Any results from Edgy and Bolwarra games last night?

the_butcher
05-07-2017, 11:51 AM
A win for Azzurri will officially hand them the minor premiership and promotion

True but so will a win in any of the next 7 rounds.

Bolwarra won both grades last night.

Cunning stunts
05-07-2017, 01:30 PM
True but so will a win in any of the next 7 rounds.

Bolwarra won both grades last night.

very true. just makes it official on Friday if they get the win

big results for Bolwarra there

Charman
06-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Mayfield v Redhead
Res 1-2
1st 0-4.

Charman
08-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Mayfield v redhead (again)
Res 1-1
1st 1-2
Both sides pretty tired after very short turn around. Redhead 9 unavailable, mayfield had quite a few out too i guess. Looking at recent results bolwarra one of a few with high squad numbers?

ranger
09-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Bolwarra squad is as depleted as anyone's. Only time we have had a full squad is when we lost to mayfield lol

Cunning stunts
14-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Games this weekend
Hamilton Vs Bolwarra - Hamilton First - Bolwarra Ressies
Dudley Vs Medowie - Dudley both grades
Edgeworth Vs Mayfield - Edgyworth both grades
Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland Fc - Maitland Fc both grades

Charman
14-07-2017, 03:05 PM
HEY Cunning, you have been pretty close in your tips this year. Be interested in your predictions for where each team will finish and on what points.

Cunning stunts
14-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Just because I am bored here they are
First grade
Hamilton 63 points
Maitland Fc 45 points
Bolwarra 38 points
Dudley 35 points
Edgeworth 30 points
Medowie 26 points
Maitland Jnr 9 points
Mayfield 3 points

Reserve
Maitland Fc 57 points
Edgeworth 47 points
Bolwarra 45 points
Hamilton 31 Points
Dudley 24 points
Medowie 19 points
Maitland Jnr 11 points
Mayfield 7 points

Charman
14-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Good work cunning. Just had word medowie forfeited ressies tomoz. Will just say we had 10 out and were still playing both teams. That left us 20. They must be really low on numbers but aren't we all?

ranger
14-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Hamilton v bolwarra washed out.

Charman
15-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Redhead 7 medowie 1

E.J.S.C ZL
16-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1st Grade 4-0 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 3-0 Edgeworth

Giges
17-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Looks like just about every side is really struggling for numbers at the moment. Any main reason behind this?
Work, Injuries, Holidays, blokes no longer interested?

riverboy
17-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1st Grade 4-0 Edgeworth
2nd Grade 3-0 Edgeworth

Am a regular observer, have noted edgeworth havnt been posting results lately?Do they mainly post games that they win? Having been involved with a club that consistently loses I find this interesting.

ranger
17-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Possibly the extra rounds? I know at bolwarra with washouts and mid week games we have had 2 lots of 5 games in 15 days this season. although that means with washouts we then might not play or train for that same amount of time. so body gets smashed then gets a break, isn't ideal for conditioning and injury recovery.

E.J.S.C ZL
17-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Am a regular observer, have noted edgeworth havnt been posting results lately?Do they mainly post games that they win? Having been involved with a club that consistently loses I find this interesting.

I do apologize Sir, Dudley beat me to it. Then the mid week game against Bolwarra I didn't get home till 11pm and was up at 5am. Then the weekend game at Bolwarra I left 10 mins before full time and went to Wollongong for the night and didn't get home till 3am. Having members of Bolwarra on here I assumed they would put the scores up. I take your point and will double check from now on.

anfield
18-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Possibly the extra rounds? I know at bolwarra with washouts and mid week games we have had 2 lots of 5 games in 15 days this season. although that means with washouts we then might not play or train for that same amount of time. so body gets smashed then gets a break, isn't ideal for conditioning and injury recovery.

I think every club has struggled with the extra rounds this year. It would be good next year if 2 more clubs joined to make 10 teams. Thats with medowie staying around? Obviously azzuri will go up and uni or musselbrook will drop down. Looking at possible clubs from all age that could step up, Lake Macquarie jnrs were close this year and still appear to have good all age numbers. Greta Branxton also appear strong. Other possible clubs Cardiff City, Singleton, maybe tenambit again?

rawr.
18-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I think every club has struggled with the extra rounds this year. It would be good next year if 2 more clubs joined to make 10 teams. Thats with medowie staying around? Obviously azzuri will go up and uni or musselbrook will drop down. Looking at possible clubs from all age that could step up, Lake Macquarie jnrs were close this year and still appear to have good all age numbers. Greta Branxton also appear strong. Other possible clubs Cardiff City, Singleton, maybe tenambit again?

I've heard Greta intend to rejoin within the next few years. Cardiff City already have a ZFLP squad, would they really want to start again in ZFL3?

Cunning stunts
18-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Numbers are a huge problem by the looks of it across all clubs. but I bet all clubs will get a lot of players back around finals for the teams that make it.

Cunning stunts
18-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Maitland Fc vs Dudley - Firsts Draw (Dudley in big form of late) - Ressies Maitland
Hamilton Vs Edgeworth - Firsts Hamilton - Ressies Edgeworth
Medowie Vs Mayfield - Medowie both grades
Bolwarra Vs Maitland Juniors - Bolwarra both grades

Charman
18-07-2017, 10:47 AM
I've heard Greta intend to rejoin within the next few years. Cardiff City already have a ZFLP squad, would they really want to start again in ZFL3?

Cooks Hill have done alright from doing it. Why not?

Jardelsimage
18-07-2017, 12:08 PM

No for CCFC, maybe juniors might try it or Southy juniors

anfield
18-07-2017, 12:28 PM
wallsend, cooks hill, kahibah and new lambton all have multiple squads. Cardiff city have heaps of all age teams, easy conversion. Bigger clubs, more players give clubs greater depth.

We also put forward 6 team final series for all 10 team competitions. Like the A League, keeps more interest in competition for more clubs. Currently too many teams fall away , giving an uneven competition.

Jardelsimage
18-07-2017, 01:24 PM
wallsend, cooks hill, kahibah and new lambton all have multiple squads. Cardiff city have heaps of all age teams, easy conversion. Bigger clubs, more players give clubs greater depth.

We also put forward 6 team final series for all 10 team competitions. Like the A League, keeps more interest in competition for more clubs. Currently too many teams fall away , giving an uneven competition.

CCFC only have 2 AA teams, we had 4 last year, you are confusing us with Cardiff Juniors, who have more. We are not associated with the Juniors(they don't like us)hahaha

as for the six team semi's, so if you lose more games than you win and have negative goal difference, you make the semi's, WTF are you thinking.
Talk about rewarding mediocracy..........maybe we should have 1st past the post wins like the EPL, no finals, (it was a league thing anyway), 3 teams drop down, 3 teams up, that will give them something to play for.....

anfield
18-07-2017, 04:06 PM
CCFC only have 2 AA teams, we had 4 last year, you are confusing us with Cardiff Juniors, who have more. We are not associated with the Juniors(they don't like us)hahaha

as for the six team semi's, so if you lose more games than you win and have negative goal difference, you make the semi's, WTF are you thinking.
Talk about rewarding mediocracy..........maybe we should have 1st past the post wins like the EPL, no finals, (it was a league thing anyway), 3 teams drop down, 3 teams up, that will give them something to play for.....
As I said they use it in the A League. I think thats a slightly higher level then the zone leagues??? Why would the A League have it in if it was so stupid???home finals is where clubs make some cash, more matches more money.

onlooker
18-07-2017, 04:38 PM
As I said they use it in the A League. I think thats a slightly higher level then the zone leagues??? Why would the A League have it in if it was so stupid???home finals is where clubs make some cash, more matches more money.

A-League have it to raise more revenue for themselves and with the number of teams in the comp they need to stretch the season out for as long as possible.

I'm a big fan of first past the post wins. Finals do nothing for me, but I wouldn't go having 3 go up and 3 down. Shouldn't be rewarded for coming third. I'd suggest have first ( from lower comp) take last from higher comp) straight swap and maybe 2nd (from lower comp) playoff against 2nd last (from higher comp) winner gets to either stay up or be promoted.

And as for Tenambit coming back again. I wouldn't say it will never happen again but it is a long way off. Unless a major in flux of players who want to play zone league show up from somewhere.

MonkeyKplunk
18-07-2017, 05:59 PM
The finals mean nothing other than bragging rights anyway. Promotion and relegation is still based off the season standings, as it should be because it's about consistency.

Until all clubs across the 4 zone leagues are stronger, and can field full starting lineups for all grades every week, the one up-one down system we have now works.
As it is, not all clubs can progress past ZFL2 as they don't have the player base to field 3 sides in ZFL1

boz-monaut
18-07-2017, 08:43 PM
should we split this conversation into some sort of a 'clubs with two teams in the zone leagues' thread?

seems a waste to limit it to one of the league threads when all could be involved

Premy
18-07-2017, 10:28 PM
should we split this conversation into some sort of a 'clubs with two teams in the zone leagues' thread?

seems a waste to limit it to one of the league threads when all could be involved

Go for it boz

Jardelsimage
19-07-2017, 06:45 AM

Haha, and the Aleague is a basket case, enough said.
Its not about cash $$$$$$ enough said.
Look at thugby league half the comp make the semis, is that a good idea??????? I think not

anfield
19-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion agree to disagree on some points. I think it works in league, if it went back to a top 5 how boring would the last 5 rounds be if the top 5 was already decided?Everyone would be waiting for the finals and the teams that couldn't make it would basically be playing like they were already on their end of season trip.
End of the day, I think everyone wants a bigger and ultimately better zone league competition. Which will come with more teams. The competition hasn't grown as although new teams have joined, this year more teams left. The clubs that have left in recent years are some of the new clubs. That shows how hard it is for new clubs to get the finances and players to stay a sustainable club. Obviously the higher your up in the Zone League's the easier it is. As Maitland juniors will attest to, its not easy to get going. Jesmond juniors, raaf and abermain are some of the clubs that have fallen recently. And thats not good for the zone leagues, they need some enticement for survival.

riverboy
19-07-2017, 09:23 AM
As someone that is associated with a battling club I agree that more finals positions will lead to greater interest for new and struggling clubs. Its so hard to sign players for battling clubs, there is so much talent playing all age football that could easily be playing zone league football.