PDA

View Full Version : 2017 NEW FM League thread

boz-monaut
04-01-2017, 08:33 PM
discussion starts here

BigSam
16-01-2017, 01:45 PM
any predictions going around? early season surprises? big signings?

stags are going with a local coach and players, 3 year plan in place

Hardly Watching
17-01-2017, 06:42 PM
any predictions going around? early season surprises? big signings?

stags are going with a local coach and players, 3 year plan in place

Care to share?

Predictions wise:

Kahibah and Belswans then daylight.

Heard that former Mariner Patrick Zwaanswijk will be doing his mate Gumps a favour and playing for Kahibah this year.

Dontknowmuch
18-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Care to share?

Predictions wise:

Kahibah and Belswans then daylight.

Heard that former Mariner Patrick Zwaanswijk will be doing his mate Gumps a favour and playing for Kahibah this year.

Cooks Hill and Thornton will be very competitive. The competition is improving and there are some very handy coaches spread across the teams with some good young players coming through at most clubs. There will be a few surprises I believe Kahibah and Belswans will get some very tough competition probably top 4 for both but no 'daylight'. Belswans with Cook and Gazzard and Rufo as coach should see them end up on top.

I predict

Belswans
Cooks Hill
Kahibah
Thornton
West Wallsend
Toronto
Singleton
New Lambton
South Cardiff
Wallsend
Cessnock

Obviously a lot of very unknown quantities there bottom 7 could be in any order.

Redback
26-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Thornton Redbacks looking for trial next Sunday the 5th February able to host or willing to travel. If your available feel free to contact Darrel McAllister on 0426 254 300

Retro Jet
29-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Cooks Hill NL1 are looking for replacement trials on March 4/5th in 1st, U23s and U19 grades.
Originally we were scheduled to play Edgeworth who are now playing in the Heritage Cup.

We need to play this as an away game with upgrades to the Athletics track
'scheduled to be completed' by March 17th.

Private Message to reply.

Hotline
04-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Trial Game - Belswans Vs Southy @ Blacksmiths
1st 2-4
23's 0-1
19's 2-1 (i think)
17's 2-0 (i think)
15's 8-2

Difficult conditions to play quick footy, being super hot and the grass being relatively long (although it was in pretty good nick). Overall though a good day out for both clubs with positive signs all round. Belswans may be a bit disappointed with the result in 1sts, but still early days.

NewyTy
04-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Trial Game - Belswans Vs Southy @ Blacksmiths
1st 2-4
23's 0-1
19's 2-1 (i think)
17's 2-0 (i think)
15's 8-2

Difficult conditions to play quick footy, being super hot and the grass being relatively long (although it was in pretty good nick). Overall though a good day out for both clubs with positive signs all round. Belswans may be a bit disappointed with the result in 1sts, but still early days.

Southy won 17's 3-2 is what I heard. Didn't even know 15's got played. Big win for Belswans there. On 1st, been told Belswans had a few out and still early days. Good sign for Southy though.

Scores from Westy v Singleton were:
15's: Draw 2-2
17's: Westy 5-1
19's: Westy 7-1
23's: Westy 2-0
1st: Singo 2-1

Very hot day and 1st Grade was shortened to 45 min as a result. More of a training run but Singo had a few out and still won so good signs. Their first goal was a cracker.

Three New-FM sides playing tomorrow. Toronto v Morisset, Dudley v New Lambton and Thornton v Valo. Hopefully cooler conditions but doubt it.

Sir
06-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Toronto v Morisset, Dudley v New Lambton and Thornton v Valo

Anyone provide results?
Or cancelled due to extreme weather?

NewyTy
06-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Anyone provide results?
Or cancelled due to extreme weather?

Toronto and Thornton both cancelled. New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.

Bon
06-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Toronto and Thornton both cancelled. New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.

Only first grade was cancelled for Morisset vs Toronto.. By Toronto... The night before the match...
It had been organised for weeks as a massive day in remembrance for Macca (an absolute legend of a bloke who I was lucky enough to call a mate AND play alongside, before his passing..)
Yeah it was hot. Everyone knew a week in advance that it would be. An unfortunate way for it to pan out when a lot of people had come a long way for it..

Anyway, results were:
19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
Ressies 4-1 Mo-town

Sir
06-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Toronto and Thornton both cancelled.
Fair enough. Significantly hotter out there I suppose.

New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.
ZPL teams are hungry :D

NewyTy
06-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Only first grade was cancelled for Morisset vs Toronto.. By Toronto... The night before the match...
It had been organised for weeks as a massive day in remembrance for Macca (an absolute legend of a bloke who I was lucky enough to call a mate AND play alongside, before his passing..)
Yeah it was hot. Everyone knew a week in advance that it would be. An unfortunate way for it to pan out when a lot of people had come a long way for it..

Anyway, results were:
19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
Ressies 4-1 Mo-town

I'm not condoning Toronto cancelling. One of their players claimed NNSWF did it but it happened the night before. Being such a big match, it's a shame they pulled out like they did. With no refs and no team sheets, I doubt it was an officially-sanctioned match, therefore Northern had no care if it was played or not.

Also, 19's/3rds was actually 6-1 to Stags.

pv4
06-02-2017, 01:18 PM
I've never understood why anyone in Newy organises trial games in Feb/March during the day. Move the games to evening/night ffs - it's ALWAYS too hot to play this early in the year.

From the sounds of the brief report I read on the game, Mory played some of their (me assuming) first graders in the Reserves game anyway - so at the very least some of them got game time.

Bon
06-02-2017, 01:18 PM
I'm not condoning Toronto cancelling. One of their players claimed NNSWF did it but it happened the night before. Being such a big match, it's a shame they pulled out like they did. With no refs and no team sheets, I doubt it was an officially-sanctioned match, therefore Northern had no care if it was played or not.

Also, 19's/3rds was actually 6-1 to Stags.

Whoops, I stand corrected on that score.. :thumbsup:

I also heard an unconfirmed rumour that Toronto players had known it was called off since Wednesday.. Not sure how true that is though..
I understand that it was hot, it was just a disappointing series of events on a day we should have been celebrating Macca's life..

EH9
06-02-2017, 01:28 PM

Anyway, results were:
19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
Ressies 4-1 Mo-town

Clubs have got a bit gun-shy since the Federation have sent out reminders on the Heat Policy. Perhaps common sense should have prevailed and the first grade fixture been played instead of the younger/lower groups!

EH9
06-02-2017, 01:31 PM
I've never understood why anyone in Newy organises trial games in Feb/March during the day. Move the games to evening/night ffs - it's ALWAYS too hot to play this early in the year.

From the sounds of the brief report I read on the game, Mory played some of their (me assuming) first graders in the Reserves game anyway - so at the very least some of them got game time.

Are we going to play the competition games that start in early March at night too?

Jardelsimage
06-02-2017, 02:48 PM
New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.

Interesting result Dudley 5 blot v New Lambton, was it the 2hd or there lower team.
Cardiff score was 3-3 maybe in the end???

pv4
06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Are we going to play the competition games that start in early March at night too?

m8 if it were up to me, every single football game ever would be on a Friday night.

leftrightout
17-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Whispers of unrest at West Wallsend... Not sure how true as its second hand info.

Football lover
17-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Whispers of unrest at West Wallsend... Not sure how true as its second hand info.

What dramas are going on out there ? I thought only drama in the newfm comp was Cessnock and getting them enough players ? What have you herd ?

leftrightout
17-02-2017, 12:54 PM
What dramas are going on out there ? I thought only drama in the newfm comp was Cessnock and getting them enough players ? What have you herd ?

Disagreements between coach and committee is what i'm told. As i said, this is 2nd, maybe even 3rd, hand info so it could be off the mark but worth stirring a bit to see if any truth in it.

Dontknowmuch
20-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Disagreements between coach and committee is what i'm told. As i said, this is 2nd, maybe even 3rd, hand info so it could be off the mark but worth stirring a bit to see if any truth in it.

Just read that Belswans went to play Maitland with only 17 players for top 2 grades available I'm assuming they still field 11 each grade with players backing up etc which is commonly when players get injured when they are fatigued. Sounds ridicolous and a complete waist of time for everyone looking at the scoreline. Why would you do this?, Why wouldnt you call 23s off? Maybe theres some logical answer but getting flogged in both grades seems silly for both the Belswans players and Maitland players, Maitland would have been better off playing an Intra Club trial. Strange one! Maybe the shortage of players is not reported correctly and they just got beat on there merits.

hamburgler
20-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Just read that Belswans went to play Maitland with only 17 players for top 2 grades available I'm assuming they still field 11 each grade with players backing up etc which is commonly when players get injured when they are fatigued. Sounds ridicolous and a complete waist of time for everyone looking at the scoreline. Why would you do this?, Why wouldnt you call 23s off? Maybe theres some logical answer but getting flogged in both grades seems silly for both the Belswans players and Maitland players, Maitland would have been better off playing an Intra Club trial. Strange one! Maybe the shortage of players is not reported correctly and they just got beat on there merits.

I can guarantee the shortage of players has been misquoted.

I turned up just before the end of 23s. Belswans had a full team and I think one on the bench for 23s. There was also what looked like a full squad (st least 12 players) warming up for firsts. So whilst I didn't do a precise count, there was at least 24 players there and may have been up to 26.

I left before full time, but I heard the final score in firsts was 12-1. So not sure where this info has come from, but it's not right.

Redback
21-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

Hardly Watching
21-02-2017, 10:54 PM
The ZPL strikes again, Beresfield down Stags 6-0 (or so).

Kicktheball
22-02-2017, 07:17 AM
ZPL is a stronger comp with better players in the top grades. Guaranteed.

Passtheballmate
03-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Heard Southy had a run last night against Terrace ZL1 and got beat in Res and won 2-1 in 1st grade. Did Southy take a full strength side there? Would've expected a better result.

The Spy
03-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Heard Southy had a run last night against Terrace ZL1 and got beat in Res and won 2-1 in 1st grade. Did Southy take a full strength side there? Would've expected a better result.

Sounds like Terrace didn't take their full strength side...

Kicktheball
03-03-2017, 02:59 PM
I agree. Southy are terrible.

Hotline
03-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Based on pre-season results or based on your opinion?

Kicktheball
04-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Pre season results, and I have watched their pre season trial

ForeverRed
04-03-2017, 09:42 AM
My prediction is Cook's hill to run first comfortably

Hotline
04-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Pre season results, and I have watched their pre season trial

They're certainly not setting the world on fire but defeating belswans , raymond terrace and thornton, losing narrowly to valo and comfortably to suns I wouldn't say is terrible. Inconsistent with a lot of work to do maybe.

To be honest, most of the Newfm clubs have had ordinary pre-season results. Certainly copping a bit of slack from the ZPL guys.

EH9
04-03-2017, 11:27 AM
My prediction is Cook's hill to run first comfortably

Agreed

Foodyteam
06-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Westy looking very sharp after the weekends games in the heritage cup. Newysports tips seem well off.

EH9
06-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Westy looking very sharp after the weekends games in the heritage cup. Newysports tips seem well off.

May as well flip an 11 sided coin to work out where everyone will finish

Imyourhero
07-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Heard Thornton 3-0 over Cooks Hill last night out at speers point

Dontknowmuch
07-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Heard Thornton 3-0 over Cooks Hill last night out at speers point

Forever Red do you have anymore tips for us. Thats not result from a team who will win the comp 'comfortably'. I know its a trial game blah blah blah but it wasnt even close, the Redbacks way too good.

EH9
07-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Forever Red do you have anymore tips for us. Thats not result from a team who will win the comp 'comfortably'. I know its a trial game blah blah blah but it wasnt even close, the Redbacks way too good.

Experts do not use pre-season form for season ending selections! Perhaps it would be wise to wait until seasons end to see if Forever is on the $$$ or not.

ForeverRed
07-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Time will tell

Dontknowmuch
08-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Experts do not use pre-season form for season ending selections! Perhaps it would be wise to wait until seasons end to see if Forever is on the $$$ or not.

Just would also like to make note that you agreed with Forever Reds bold prediction of winning the competition 'Comfortably'

The question has to be asked to both 'if you do not use pre-season form for end season ending selections' then what have you based your very early very confident prediction on?

Hotline
08-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Just would also like to make note that you agreed with Forever Reds bold prediction of winning the competition 'Comfortably'

The question has to be asked to both 'if you do not use pre-season form for end season ending selections' then what have you based your very early very confident prediction on?

Probably based on the players that Law has recruited. In my opinion Cookers won't win the comp in a canter, but I'll be very surprised if they don't do well.

Hotline
08-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I noticed Westy were not in attendance at the launch/photo shoot yesterday. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I dont imagine the fed will be too happy.

LongSufferingFan
08-03-2017, 02:22 PM
I noticed Westy were not in attendance at the launch/photo shoot yesterday. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I dont imagine the fed will be too happy.

Did Evan Gardner retire as Westy Secretary?
That would explain them being a bit disorganised.

LongSufferingFan
08-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Some intriguing match ups for week 1.
My tips for what its worth are:

Westy to get over New Lambton
Belswans to beat Singo
Tronno draw with Cookers
Southy to beat Wallsend
Cessnock to beat Thornton

Beast
08-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I'll go with
Westy
Belswans
Cookers
Southy
Cessnock

The Spy
09-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Draw
Belswans
Cookers
Draw
Thornton

BigSam
09-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Draw
Belswans
Toronto- promising youth added in a decent GK
Draw
Thornton

EH9
09-03-2017, 12:19 PM

I am not claiming to be the 'expert' who does not use pre season form as an indicator, that is an observation I have made from self labelled experts tipping teams to come in the top of this league who have not performed at all in pre season.

I think that Cookers have strengthened their roster better than anyone else has in the competition. If we picked a team from all clubs currently in NEW FM for this season I would suggest that quite a lot of them would be from Cookers. And from my experience the teams that perform the best in this competition are those with the quality players who will be the difference between winning and losing.

Dontknowmuch
09-03-2017, 12:51 PM
I am not claiming to be the 'expert' who does not use pre season form as an indicator, that is an observation I have made from self labelled experts tipping teams to come in the top of this league who have not performed at all in pre season.

I think that Cookers have strengthened their roster better than anyone else has in the competition. If we picked a team from all clubs currently in NEW FM for this season I would suggest that quite a lot of them would be from Cookers. And from my experience the teams that perform the best in this competition are those with the quality players who will be the difference between winning and losing.

Well if we are now using trial form for selection then the you still couldnt come up with a team winning the comp 'comfortably'. It looks very even across the board, I dont think any of the teams have beaten a ZPL team in trials and most have had some sort of success in other trials so for mine anyone of 6 could make the top 4 and Cooks Hill would be one of them. As it was last year on a good day most teams can win. Im sure Cooks Hill will taking plenty of beatings this year like they did V Thornton but will better than last year, based on trial form and recruitment.

As ForeverRed said time will tell.

EH9
09-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Well if we are now using trial form for selection then the you still couldnt come up with a team winning the comp 'comfortably'. It looks very even across the board, I dont think any of the teams have beaten a ZPL team in trials and most have had some sort of success in other trials so for mine anyone of 6 could make the top 4 and Cooks Hill would be one of them. As it was last year on a good day most teams can win. Im sure Cooks Hill will taking plenty of beatings this year like they did V Thornton but will better than last year, based on trial form and recruitment.

As ForeverRed said time will tell.

All very valid points. I will stand by my agreement with FR until such times it id disproven. At that point I will happily put my hand up to say 'I got it wrong'.

Premy
09-03-2017, 08:50 PM
ZPL takes another scalp tonight.

Hardly Watching
10-03-2017, 07:31 AM
New Lambton to aim up and beat Westy
Belswans to beat Singo in a close game
Cookers to easily dispose of Stags
Southy draw with Wallsend
Cessnock surpirse draw Thornton, will be a bit of spice this one, few ex players in their new teams.

leftrightout
10-03-2017, 07:51 AM

??

Premy
10-03-2017, 09:18 AM
??

Dudley beat Kahibah 3-2

Lofty
10-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Well one thing is for sure, this weekend a couple of New FM teams will win!

spamg172
10-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Well one thing is for sure, this weekend a couple of New FM teams will win!

*Monday morning* "5 draws to start the season, who would have seen that coming"

Hotline
12-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Wallsend vs Southy at The Gardens

1st 2-3
23s 1-1
19s 2-2
17s 2-2

BP Super Dynamos
12-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Thornton beat Cessnock 5-1 in firsts

Retro Jet
12-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Toronto v Cooks Hill
Lyall Peacock Oval

1st Toronto 0 v C/Hill 5 (0-1)
U23 Toronto 2 v C/Hill 10 (0-7)
U19 Toronto 0 v C/Hill 1 (0-0)
U17 Toronto 2 v C/Hill 1 (1-0)

Johnston Park
15s Toronto 1 v C/Hill 3

dan
12-03-2017, 09:26 PM

1st 2-3
23s 1-1
19s 2-2
17s 2-2

Under 15's were also 2-2.

Retro Jet
13-03-2017, 12:00 AM
*Monday morning* "5 draws to start the season, who would have seen that coming"

1st 2-3
23s 1-1
19s 2-2
17s 2-2

Under 15's were also 2-2.

spamg172 - nearly comes up with the Pentella! :fright:

The Postman
13-03-2017, 10:09 PM
New Lambton with a huge 6-2 win over Westy. ZPL continues to shine ;)

Retro Jet
13-03-2017, 11:02 PM
New Lambton with a huge 6-2 win over Westy. ZPL continues to shine ;)
What happened in 19s?
Unusual pairing, isn't it?

NewyTy
13-03-2017, 11:14 PM
What happened in 19s?
Unusual pairing, isn't it?

New Lambton 5-0 in the 19's. Very good team they've assembled. Westy will want to bounce back against Cookers on Saturday. Should be interesting.

dan
18-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Tomorrow's matches at The Gardens have been postponed.

Hardly Watching
19-03-2017, 08:16 AM
What NewFM Head Coach is threatening physical harm against NewySports for having an opinion.

I do wonder where abusive language and threats against people fall under NNSW's code of conduct.

Thomas477
19-03-2017, 08:43 AM
What NewFM Head Coach is threatening physical harm against NewySports for having an opinion.

I do wonder where abusive language and threats against people fall under NNSW's code of conduct.

Probably in the same part as respect towards match officials.

Bremsstrahlung
19-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Probably even in society.
I think maybe police have comments about threats..

Hotline
19-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Where did this come from, after last weekends results perhaps? Newysports himself?

Hardly Watching
19-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Where did this come from, after last weekends results perhaps? Newysports himself?

From said coaches Facebook, since been deleted.

Any coach in the world carried on like that they would be fined and probably sacked.

Media is media, can only prove them wrong, won't win any more games by puffing out your chest trying to intimidate people.

EH9
19-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Sticks and stones.

Hotline
19-03-2017, 11:35 AM
From said coaches Facebook, since been deleted.

Any coach in the world carried on like that they would be fined and probably sacked.

Media is media, can only prove them wrong, won't win any more games by puffing out your chest trying to intimidate people.

Totally agree. Hopefully there will be an internal investigation by the club. I suppose you aren't going to hint at which club we are talking about? ☺

GO AWAY
19-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Move on , any games today ?

Hardly Watching
19-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Totally agree. Hopefully there will be an internal investigation by the club. I suppose you aren't going to hint at which club we are talking about? ☺

Go Away's old stomping ground according to NewySports.

cobra23
19-03-2017, 01:29 PM

Don't have to mention which club it was, just tell us the teams that aren't involved

Drago
19-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Apparently Awaba will be on the search for a new coach next week

The Postman
19-03-2017, 08:42 PM

That would be massive! Who is out there still? I know their old coach from a couple years ago is the current 1st assistant, would be the logical choice.

Retro Jet
25-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Cooks Hill v Belswans
Athfield

1st C/Hill 6 -Belswans 2 (3-1)
U23 C/Hill 6 - Belswans 1 (5-0?)
U19 C/Hill 2 - Belswans 2 (1-1)
U17 C/Hill 4 - Belswans 1 (3-1?)

Hardly Watching
26-03-2017, 07:57 AM

Same coach, same result. Westy 4-1...

Cooker$ on fire though, great game to watch, this team could be a surprise top 4 contender. They are really putting their money where their mouth is.

seldom
26-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Same coach, same result. Westy 4-1...

Cooker$ on fire though, great game to watch, this team could be a surprise top 4 contender. They are really putting their money where their mouth is.

Looking at the players they have recruited, it's no real surprise. Should be top 4 easily.

Retro Jet
30-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Cooks Hill v W/Wallsend
Athfield

U23 C/Hill 5 v W/Wallsend 3 (1-3)
1st C/Hill 4 v W/Wallsend 1 (1-0)

Retro Jet
30-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Cooks Hill v West Wallsend
U17s & U19s - OFF

Retro Jet
01-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Belmont v Cessnock & Sth Cardiff v N/Lambton
http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-8304-0-433574-0&pool=1&round=0&a=ROUND
So, can I assume that with no Wash Out recorded against these games today,
they were played? :blush:

Hotline
01-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Southy vs New Lambton
1st 4-0
23s 3-2
19s 2-5
17s 1-2

Big win for the gunners.

Heard that Cessnock v Belswans was 1-1 in firsts.

Retro Jet
07-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Cooks Hill v West Wallsend washout
Athfield
U15s C/Hill 1 v W/Wallsend 0 (0-0)
The kid I sponsored scored the winner :yay:

17s & 19s play Wed, 3rd May (Athfield)

Retro Jet
08-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Cooks Hill v Kahibah
Athfield

1st C/Hill 3 v Kahibah 4 (1-3)
23s C/Hill 1 v Kahibah 0 (0-0)
19s C/Hill 1 v Kahibah 0 (1-0)
17s C/Hill 1 v Kahibah 1 (0-1)

And as Retro makes yet another post in the NewFM thread, a tumble weed rolls by.....

Beast
09-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Brushing the tumble weeds aside
1st 1-0 Toronto
23's 4-1 Southy
19's 2-1 Southy
17's 2-1 Toronto

Imyourhero
09-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Who slotted Toronto's goal?

ForeverRed
10-04-2017, 08:43 AM
I heard The gunners missed a pen in injury time, I wasn't there as I was a fool and supported the jets 😢

GO AWAY
10-04-2017, 10:52 AM
From the hills around Awaba, to the shores of Toronto bay ........... :)

BigSam
10-04-2017, 01:37 PM
I heard The gunners missed a pen in injury time, I wasn't there as I was a fool and supported the jets ��

was sitting behind the goals at the end it occurred, the big tall striker walked into the box...... southy very average on the day

BigSam
10-04-2017, 01:38 PM
From the hills around Awaba, to the shores of Toronto bay ........... :)

in attendance?

GO AWAY
10-04-2017, 02:04 PM
in attendance?

Unfortunately, other commitments make it hard to see any, but going to try come Wednesday night.

ForeverRed
10-04-2017, 06:36 PM
was sitting behind the goals at the end it occurred, the big tall striker walked into the box...... southy very average on the day

They conceded an own goal in the 90th minute so your comment doesn't say much for awaba

outsider
14-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Talk about dejavu
South Cardiff v West Wallsend
Players on field just about to line up for kick off and the lights go out-have heard that one somewhere else recently.Apparently a fuse or power board blew so an early night was had by all.

ForeverRed
14-04-2017, 07:40 PM
new lights, state of the art, doubt it would be a fuse, disappointing

outsider
14-04-2017, 07:41 PM
new lights, state of the art, doubt it would be a fuse, disappointing

Maybe didn't pay power bill

ForeverRed
14-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Maybe had few out, maybe wanted to get on the piss early, maybe wanted an early shower, maybe had a stiffy and a wanted a bit , maybe

Retro Jet
15-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Maybe had few out, maybe wanted to get on the piss early, maybe wanted an early shower, maybe had a stiffy and a wanted a bit , maybe
:rof:
A1 post.

Football_Magic14
18-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Its starting to become a common theme of lights 'going out' every weekend!

EH9
18-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Seem like a decent way to get a replay if the game is not going your way! Oops lights went out and cant be fixed

Beast
18-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Is this an issue with the council/club light timers or a case of the lights being upgraded but run on the same old wiring and components which don't handle the load when the lights are left on for extended periods like during multiple games? Think someone said Southy had upgraded there lights so did that include replacement of wires and such. Spoke to a guy at the game on Friday who said there was a strong smell coming out of the electrical board when lights went out.

ForeverRed
18-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Lights at Southy are brand new in every sense, not sure what the problem was

NewyTy
18-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Guess what, lights out at Alder Park tonight during U19's catch-up game. Wasn't just lights but whole canteen. NLFC unable to get them back on and some doubts if issue can be fixed before tomorrow's 23's/1st catch-up.

As for result, Thornton were up 4-3 and it was around the 63rd minute so everybody thinking result will stand.

Was at Swansea last week and just said out loud 'not again'. If it's not rain it's darkness...

Retro Jet
20-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Wallsend v Cooks Hill
The Gardens 19/4
1st Wallsend 1 v C/Hill 3 (0-3)
23s Wallsend 3 v C/Hill 2 (3-1)

17s & 19s tonight 20/4

ForeverRed
20-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Gunners 5.1 over nick nock

Shere Khan
20-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Haven't seen the Gunners for a while nor much of the New FM this year.
First half was one way traffic but second was a closer affair.
Gunners have a couple of good young blokes but not sure of Zlatan upfront lol.
Cessnock I have heard are building towards the future and the coach was a part of that but if that was him on the sideline I think he got away with a few bad comments towards the ref in the second half.

Retro Jet
22-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Cooks Hill v Thornton
LMRFF 22/4
1pm
U17 C/Hill 4 v Thornton 1 (2-0)
U23 C/Hill 2 v Thornton 1 (0-0)
2:45pm
U19 C/Hill 2 v Thornton 3 (1-1)
1st C/Hill 4 v Thornton 2 (1-2)

National Pk No.4 23/4
U15 C/Hill 6 v Thornton 0 (2-0)

Hotline
23-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Kahibah vs South Cardiff
1sts: 0-1
23s: 1-1
19s: 1-2
17s: 1-0

Pretty good day out for the gunners. 1sts wasn't the best game of football but Southy found a way to grind out the win.

ForeverRed
23-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Go the red

mervan
25-04-2017, 07:01 PM
up the red

Retro Jet
06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Cooks Hill v Sth Cardiff
Athfield 6.5.17

1st C/Hill 3 v Sth Cardiff 0 (1-0)
23s C/Hill 4 v Sth Cardifff 0 (1-0)
19s C/Hill 2 v Sth Cardiff 0 (1-0)
17s C/Hill 5 v Sth Cardiff 0 (3-0)

Hotline
13-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Singo vs Southy @ Howe Park
1st: 1-3
23s: 1-4
19s: 1-0
17s: 0-2

Retro Jet
13-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Singo vs Southy @ Howe Park
1st: 1-3
23s: 1-4
17s: 0-2

Thanks for posting...cause they're not in SportsTG at time of this post. :blush:
Anyone know Cessnock v Westy?

Hotline
14-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Cessnock vs Westy at Turner Park
1st: 1-2 (westy scored both goals in 2nd half stoppage time)
23s: 1-2
19s: 1-3
17s: 0-4

Retro Jet
14-05-2017, 05:37 PM
New Lambton v Cooks Hill
Turner Pk (hub day)
U15s N/Lambton 2 v C/Hill 3 (1-1)

Alder Pk
U17s N/Lambton 0 v C/Hill 2 (0-0)
U19s N/Lambton 0 v C/Hill 2 (0-1)
U23s N/Lambton 1 v C/Hill 4 (0-1)
1st N/Lambton 4 v C/Hill 5 (2-2)

dan
14-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Wallsend v Kahibah
15 - 1-0 Kahibah
17s 2-2
19 - 3-0 Wallsend
23s - 3-1 Wallsend
1st - 1-0 Wallsend

Retro Jet
20-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Cookers are on btw...
( v Singleton)

Beast
20-05-2017, 12:52 PM
liking the the new covered benches Retro

Retro Jet
20-05-2017, 07:36 PM
liking the the new covered benches Retro

Thanks Beast. A lot of work and planning went into them. Opted to go
local with manufacture and supply of fittings. Ended up 2 for 1 at commercial rates.

Cooks Hill v Singleton
Fearnley Dawes Athletic Centre
1st Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 2 (1-1)
23s Cooks Hill 4 v Singleton 0 (3-0)
19s Cooks Hill 5 v Singleton 2 (2-1)
17s Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (1-0)

Cookers hosting the 15s Hub Day tomorrow in lieu of Toronto who
have Drugby League playing at their ground.
Toronto v New Lambton now 1:30pm, Cookers v Singleton the 'hosts' 3pm game.

ForeverRed
21-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Great win by the gunners, 1 nil over belswans,

Retro Jet
21-05-2017, 05:48 PM
U15s Hub Day

9:00am Sth Cardiff 0 v Belswans 7 (0-5)
10:30am Thornton 0 v Wallsend 5 (0-3)
12:00pm Kahibah 4 v Cessnock 1 (2-1)
1:30pm Toronto 1 v New Lambton 1 (1-0)
3:00pm Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (1-0)

dan
21-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Thornton v Wallsend @ Thornton
15 - 5-0 Wallsend
17 - 1-0 Wallsend
19 - 2-1 Thornton
23 - 3-1 Wallsend
1st - 2-1 Wallsend

The Postman
22-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Thanks Beast. A lot of work and planning went into them. Opted to go
local with manufacture and supply of fittings. Ended up 2 for 1 at commercial rates.

Cooks Hill v Singleton
1st Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 2 (1-1)
23s Cooks Hill 4 v Singleton 0 (3-0)
19s Cooks Hill 5 v Singleton 2 (2-1)
17s Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (1-0)

Cookers hosting the 15s Hub Day tomorrow in lieu of Toronto who
have Drugby League playing at their ground.
Toronto v New Lambton now 1:30pm, Cookers v Singleton the 'hosts' 3pm game.

Drove past Lyall yesterday, sun was out, field was dry and not a single Footy player in sight.

outsider
22-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Drove past Lyall yesterday, sun was out, field was dry and not a single Footy player in sight.

Not moved because of the weather.Games played Saturday and field hardly marked.TA were advised by the oval board/LMCC that they could not have the ground yesterday because there is a schoolboys rugby league carnival on Monday.

The Postman
22-05-2017, 07:19 AM
Not moved because of the weather.Games played Saturday and field hardly marked.TA were advised by the oval board/LMCC that they could not have the ground yesterday because there is a schoolboys rugby league carnival on Monday.

Ahh that makes sense because a bunch of 15 year olds kicking a ball will do more damage to the field then 3 days worth of basically grown men running and tackling each other on the pitch.

Toronto will always be League town.

GO AWAY
22-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Ahh that makes sense because a bunch of 15 year olds kicking a ball will do more damage to the field then 3 days worth of basically grown men running and tackling each other on the pitch.

Toronto will always be League town.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, the scorps do all the work to Lyall Peacock, mowing, getting grants, everything, TA has never had the resources to have a Doody Peacock type look after the ground and have a say, plus last I knew the Toronto Ovals Board are flooded with scorps and Toronto Workers supremo ( another leaguey ), Stags are starting to do good things in the committee room, just need some quality players and a better say in LP , that comes from commitment and representation on the Ovals board.

In saying that, the decision was stupid, and scorps should have worked around the stags allocated day, im sure with communication the stags would have been happy to help the oval be ready for today.

ForeverRed
22-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Every user must have a member on the ovals board, that's lmcc policy,

GO AWAY
22-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Every user must have a member on the ovals board, that's lmcc policy,

They would have " one ", I was stating the scorps would have a few at a guess

Jardelsimage
22-05-2017, 10:36 AM
They would have " one ", I was stating the scorps would have a few at a guess

must be even numbers, but scorpions would have juniors and seniors ??? doubling the voting power.

GO AWAY
22-05-2017, 10:42 AM
must be even numbers, but scorpions would have juniors and seniors ??? doubling the voting power.

The way it was back when I was involved was
1 x scorp ( LP Oval )
1 x stag ( LP Oval )
1 x junior scorp ( Keith Barry Oval )
1 x junior stag ( Finnan Oval )
1 x Southern Lakes ( Ron Hill )
1 x Toronto Tigers ( Waterboard Oval )
Chaired by Singleton ( CEO of TDWC ) ( Scorps ) who had casting vote on any decisions

May have changed now, but that was system four years ago, at the end of the day, stags should have been allowed to have their hub day. $$$

Can understand if they were to play on same day, schoolboys get priority, but to not let them play because they need to get oval ready for Monday is poor in my opinion

Retro Jet
22-05-2017, 12:22 PM
The sooner those two groups work together the better for grants and upgrades.
Admittedly we have many user groups in town here and it was even spoke of openly at the
opening 2 weeks ago about how muck Kurt and Christy's profiles were influential
in gaining a grant for the track and surrounds upgrades.

Any club would relish the opportunity to host something like a hub day or semi's and
having lucked out twice thus far (1st washed out, 2nd was a fizzer at National Pk No.4)
I was glad I put my foot down and insisted we do it yesterday to go through the motions
of hosting a hub day at our proper home ground. I'm really proud of my club volunteers
for getting it together on short notice and getting it done without incident.
Stags people approached me and thanked us for hosting at short notice too. :thumbsup:
I feel for Toronto just the same but going on what has been written about the
other users at LP and now having some facts right, I hope for football sake that it gets sorted.
We have to make a few compromises with Athletics from time to time but they are usually work shopped
in a fairly democratic manner.

I got the thumbs up form Ty too when I sent him a photo of the day's FT scores.
'Most colorful scoreboard' award :grin:

Retro Jet
27-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Cooks Hill v Toronto
1st Cooks Hill 2 v Toronto 2 (1-1)
23s Cooks Hill 10 v Toronto 0 (6-0)
19s Cooks Hill 7 v Toronto 0 (4-0)
17s Cooks Hill 1 v Toronto 4 (HT nfi....ref took team sheet!!)

ForeverRed
28-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Gunners up 2 nil ht v wallsend

ForeverRed
28-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Gunners up 2 nil ht v wallsend

4 nil ft

dan
28-05-2017, 04:29 PM
South Cardiff vs Wallsend
15's 0-3 Wallsend
17's 1-3 Wallsend
19's 0-3 Wallsend
23's 0-3 Wallsend
1st 4-0 South Cardiff

Points are equal after the second leg of The Gallagher Shield.

Hotline
03-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Cessnock vs Southy at Turner Park

1st: 0-2
23s: 3-1
19s: 1-2
17s: 1-1

dan
04-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Today's Under15 Hub day at The Gardens is ON.

Retro Jet
17-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Cooks Hill v Wallsend
1st Cooks Hill 1 v Wallsend 1 (1-0)
23s Cooks Hill 0 v Wallsend 3 (0-0)
19s Cooks Hill 0 v Wallsend 1 (0-0)
17s Cooks Hill 2 v Wallsend 0 (1-0)

Retro Jet
25-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Kahibah v Cooks Hill
Kahibah Oval

1st Kahibah 2 v Cooks Hill 3 (0-1)
23s Kahibah 0 v Cooks Hill 2 v (?-?)
19s Kahibah 0 v Cooks Hill 3 v (?-?)
17s Kahibah 2 v Cooks Hill 2 v (?-?)

Hotline
25-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Southy Vs Toronto at Ulinga
1st: 1-0
23s: 1-1
19s: 0-1
17s: 2-4

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Results last night from a wet Alder Park:
1sts: 2-1 Kahibah
U/23's: 4-0 Kahibah

RANGER09
29-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Results last night from a wet Alder Park:
1sts: 20-1 Kahibah
U/23's: 4-0 Kahibah

20-1 is that a misprint?

Hotline
29-06-2017, 02:07 PM
20-1 is that a misprint?

Haha yeah... it was 2-1 with Kahibah scoring very late for the win.

RANGER09
29-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Haha yeah... it was 2-1 with Kahibah scoring very late for the win.

That's better , was thinking Archie Thompson may have been a late signing for Kahibah with that score line :thumbsup:

Retro Jet
01-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Cooks Hill v Cessnock

1st Cooks Hill 7 v Cessnock 1 (3-0)
23s Cooks Hill 6 v Cessnock 1 (4-0)
19s Cooks Hill 2 v Cessnock 0 (1-0)
17s Cooks Hill 2 v Cessnock 0 (0-0)

Nou Camp
03-07-2017, 04:11 PM
did southy forfeit their games this weekend?? saw something briefly on facebook wasn't sure about it
anyone

Hotline
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
did southy forfeit their games this weekend?? saw something briefly on facebook wasn't sure about it
anyone

It was the 15s only. Note sure of why but they have been struggling for numbers all year.

Hotline
08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Southy vs Kahibah @ Ulinga
1st: 0-0
23s: 2-1
17s: 0-1

Very competitive day across all grades!

Park the bus!
11-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Southy have confirmed Denis Fajkovic as the head coach for next 3 years, on Facebook

ForeverRed
11-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Good decision

Bremsstrahlung
11-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Excellent! Hopefully can push for inclusion on NPL licensing.

Alton
12-07-2017, 12:53 PM
How do you think this is a good decision ForeverBrad

Stanley
12-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm hearing you Alton

Hotline
12-07-2017, 02:08 PM
How do you think this is a good decision ForeverBrad

Not saying I have an opinion either way, but are you implying it's a bad decision?

Stanley
12-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Not saying I have an opinion either way, but are you implying it's a bad decision?

Any club pushing for an NPL licence should be after an experienced proven coach.

Dontknowmuch
12-07-2017, 02:22 PM

How can it be a bad decision, no matter where they finish this year and they have a very tough run home Faj has definetley turned the club around from being average at best last year to being one of if not the top side in the competition. Good luck to him and the club well deserved.

Alton
12-07-2017, 02:46 PM
How can it be a bad decision, no matter where they finish this year and they have a very tough run home Faj has definetley turned the club around from being average at best last year to being one of if not the top side in the competition. Good luck to him and the club well deserved.

"Turned the club around" is hardly accurate, they will finish out of the 4 along with every other team at the coop !!

Hotline
12-07-2017, 03:07 PM
"Turned the club around" is hardly accurate, they will finish out of the 4 along with every other team at the coop !!

You do know they struggled to 9th last year? Aside from where they finish this year they have definitely made a considerable improvement on last year.

Hotline
12-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Any club pushing for an NPL licence should be after an experienced proven coach.

Maybe in 2 years time when the decision on the next NPL licences come up he will be an 'experienced proven coach' (well at NewFM level at least). I don't see many if any NPL experienced coaches picking up gigs at NewFM clubs.

Jardelsimage
12-07-2017, 03:12 PM

warning "wanker alton" is on the loose.

ForeverRed
12-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Haha, junior Alton is feeding off other people's post, just another nobody who probably couldn't play

Alton
13-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Haha, junior Alton is feeding off other people's post, just another nobody who probably couldn't play

Settle down Red, I thought a forum was just that and for the record I played at a much higher level than yourself.

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2017, 02:39 PM
There's a lot of clubs in worse positions.
Which club are you associated with Alton?

ForeverRed
13-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Settle down Red, I thought a forum was just that and for the record I played at a much higher level than yourself.
Yes, an opinion, but not to bag clubs or people, your out of order

ForeverRed
13-07-2017, 03:27 PM
There's a lot of clubs in worse positions.
Which club are you associated with Alton?
Good luck getting an answer

hawk
13-07-2017, 11:02 PM
enough of this opinion stuff. We'll see who the real best is at Newysports awards nite.

ForeverRed
14-07-2017, 06:49 AM
enough of this opinion stuff. We'll see who the real best is at Newysports awards nite.
There's enough awards for everyone, haha

Beast
14-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Is there an award for the one who gets the most awards

Beast
14-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Who coaches the team anyway? The few times I have seen them play it's the old man doing the coaching because Faj is playing.

Stanley
27-07-2017, 06:31 PM
2 weeks and no posts for this League? Is the comp still going? If so, who is in the mix?

The Cookaburra Kid
28-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Law and Co are doing well, with the players he has, surely should be cleaning this comp up?

onlooker
28-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Thornton having a good run of form, currently second and in with good shout of finals. Which is good to see!

seldom
28-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Thornton having a good run of form, currently second and in with good shout of finals. Which is good to see!

So why exactly did the coach get moved on ?

The Postman
28-07-2017, 06:52 PM
So why exactly did the coach get moved on ?

He is probably ready for a return to the top league, Thornton more than likely are not.

GO AWAY
28-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Should be in top league, one of the best in my opinion

Stanley
28-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Should be in top league, one of the best in my opinion
Southy should've chased him to go home and get them back in the NPL, he is s better option

ForeverRed
29-07-2017, 07:29 AM
They did. But he was contracted

GO AWAY
29-07-2017, 07:36 AM

Not no more

Stanley
29-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Not no more
Well go get him now, a heap better option than what you've got

ForeverRed
29-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Disagree

Park the bus!
29-07-2017, 03:59 PM

This in incorrect. He was not approached by the Committee and he didn't apply for the role when it was advertised. Please refrain from commenting on matters that you are not directly involved in.

Stanley
29-07-2017, 04:19 PM
This in incorrect. He was not approached by the Committee and he didn't apply for the role when it was advertised. Please refrain from commenting on matters that you are not directly involved in.
Red does it all the time

ForeverRed
29-07-2017, 04:35 PM
He was approached by myself because a committee person asked me to contact him, it was a discussion of interest, I'm sure Darrel will confirm this, those in the know were only involved, obviously not yourself

football_macigian23
01-08-2017, 02:06 PM
NewySports had an interesting post on the Facebook page this afternoon in regards to youth grades in NewFM

What's the news with this?

Honestly do not think there is enough talent to go as young as 13's..

Jardelsimage
01-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Honestly do not think there is enough talent to go as young as 13's..[/QUOTE]

no

The Postman
01-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop.

Dontknowmuch
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop.

Of course there is. Lake Macquarie U15s is a prime example of this. Sure any 2nd tier competition in the world wont be as good as the top tier nor will it be in the U13s in Northern League 1 but it doesnt have to be. All that has to happen when and if a team gets promoted that have the ability to attract players. Its my belief that you will never have a strong even tier 1 competition if you don't have a 2nd tier competition which goes for 13s thru to 1st grade. Its a ridicolous statement 'Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop' because there doesnt have to be a 2nd tier competition full of players with the ability to play NPL. The promoted team will always add to their squads, having said that I dont think Lake Mac did this year and I think we can all agree they were more than competitive probably lacked a little depth to get themselves into the finals but for a majority NEWFM and community stream squads in all age groups i think they have done extremely well.

MFKS
02-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Of course there is. Lake Macquarie U15s is a prime example of this. Sure any 2nd tier competition in the world wont be as good as the top tier nor will it be in the U13s in Northern League 1 but it doesnt have to be. All that has to happen when and if a team gets promoted that have the ability to attract players. Its my belief that you will never have a strong even tier 1 competition if you don't have a 2nd tier competition which goes for 13s thru to 1st grade. Its a ridicolous statement 'Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop' because there doesnt have to be a 2nd tier competition full of players with the ability to play NPL. The promoted team will always add to their squads, having said that I dont think Lake Mac did this year and I think we can all agree they were more than competitive probably lacked a little depth to get themselves into the finals but for a majority NEWFM and community stream squads in all age groups i think they have done extremely well.

Bang on

It about improving standards right across the country at ALL levels

Not enough talent in the NewFm ??

There not meant to be HAL standards

What you wanting is these clubs to be much stronger than they are so all clubs above them are stronger and the competition in all our comps is raised

If a club want to be in NewFM and can't be arsed getting the juniors in place to be NPL ready then they might as well go play Zone League

De-Champ
02-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Bang on

What you wanting is these clubs to be much stronger than they are so all clubs above them are stronger and the competition in all our comps is raised

If a club want to be in NewFM and can't be arsed getting the juniors in place to be NPL ready then they might as well go play Zone League

That is only half the story. Juniors in New FM have different age groups once they progress past the 16's eg 17 and 19 as apposed to 18 and 20 in NBN or whatever the top grade is now called.

MonkeyKplunk
02-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Exactly.
The idea behind making sure the NewFM clubs have adequate depth in their competitions is to increase the skill development and pathways for all junior clubs AROUND that NewFM club.
With a strong club comes greater skill development, greater coaching depth, and increased capacities for juniors at all age groups to develop those skills and have a shot at making football a career.

Smaller NewFM clubs will attract players from clubs around them (as they did this year with the addition of 15's), and if they theories work correctly, it means that those clubs can now be a base for helping with skill development at the junior clubs not within the NewFM competition.
It means we're not relying on a couple of clubs run by associations to be that pathway, we're making 12 more clubs be the pathway.

Junior football isn't getting smaller.

The Cookaburra Kid
02-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Bang on

have to agree 100% if the clubs dont want to go down this path, zone league is where they belong.

i know the Stags have junior connections

Hardly Watching
04-08-2017, 06:36 PM
have to agree 100% if the clubs dont want to go down this path, zone league is where they belong.

i know the Stags have junior connections

Hahaha good one, kidding yourself aren't you! They are basically the only NewFM club without Junior connections. Every other club has some form of Junior teams with Kahibah, New Lambton and Cooks Hill leading the way. Even the 2 South Cardiff clubs are looking at working together.

Retro Jet
05-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Cooks Hill v New Lambton

1st: C/Hill 5 v New Lambton 3 (2-1)
U23: C/Hill 3 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
U19: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
U17: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)

hawk
05-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Even the 2 South Cardiff clubs are looking at working together.

Where's the 2nd?

EH9
05-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Cooks Hill v New Lambton

1st: C/Hill 5 v New Lambton 3 (2-1)
U23: C/Hill 3 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
U19: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
U17: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)

Congrats to everyone at Cookers for winning the premiership.

De-Champ
06-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Where's the 2nd?

Probably talking about the juniors and seniors, two separate clubs.

Jardelsimage
07-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Where's the 2nd?

I had the same thought Hawk

Stanley
07-08-2017, 06:30 PM
How'd Southy end up Red?

hawk
08-08-2017, 12:07 AM
How'd Southy end up Red?

Much better than a team who had 0 wins and will stay in the comp. Not good and rather embarrassing

Alton
08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Much better than a team who had 0 wins and will stay in the comp. Not good and rather embarrassing

Too much emphasis on criteria, like a recent post, go back to 5 divisions all administered by NNSW and if you run last you are relegated and if you are first past the post you are promoted.

boz-monaut
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM
anyone know where the Grand Final will be?

I seem to remember something about it being at Cook Park in Maitland but can't find anything official

Not Maradona
08-08-2017, 04:09 PM
anyone know where the Grand Final will be?

I seem to remember something about it being at Cook Park in Maitland but can't find anything official

Magic Park

Jardelsimage
09-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Too much emphasis on criteria, like a recent post, go back to 5 divisions all administered by NNSW and if you run last you are relegated and if you are first past the post you are promoted.

and as you know that will never happen again.......to much work for the goons in office.....

Retro Jet
12-08-2017, 05:49 PM
4th v 1st semi's: 1st leg
Thornton Park
U17s N/Lambton 0 v W/Wallsend 0
U19s N/Lambton 1 v C/Hill 1 (0-0)
U23s W/Wallsend 4 v C/Hill 3 (2-2)
1st Thornton 0 v C/Hill 3 (0-2)

Retro Jet
20-08-2017, 08:47 PM
1st v 4th semi's: 2nd leg
U17s W/Wallsend 1 v N/Lambton 0 (1-0 agg)
U19s C/Hill 2 v N/Lambton 2 (3-3 agg: NL on away goals)
U23s C/Hill 1 v W/Wallsend 2 v (4-6 agg)
1st C/Hill 7 v Thornton 1 (10-1 agg)

boz-monaut
27-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Half time
Cooks Hill 3 Belswans 0

mefa1984
27-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Half time
Cooks Hill 3 Belswans 0

Final score?

ForeverRed
27-08-2017, 07:00 PM
4 nil, to fast, cookers played some great football today

hawk
27-08-2017, 10:15 PM
FMD a clinical display. Didnt seem in the same league

Retro Jet
28-08-2017, 01:39 AM

Were you there hawk....and didn't come say hello to Boz & I :(
or did you watch it on BarTV?

Speaking of which, apparently the 'Law factor' drew a BarTV audience of 230 people from Scotland!

Stanley
29-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Agree, Cookers with a host of ex NPL talent far too good for the Swans. Congrats to Magic who did a great job hosting.

ForeverRed
29-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Nnswf were the hosts, magic were out the front in the paddy wagons 😂😂

boz-monaut
29-08-2017, 07:17 PM
heard something about a few Magic players giving it to officials and to our coaching staff - didn't hear about the evictions but at that stage I was a little more interested in what was happening on the field

all in all a quite good day for my little club

hawk
29-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Were you there hawk....and didn't come say hello to Boz & I :(
or did you watch it on BarTV?

Speaking of which, apparently the 'Law factor' drew a BarTV audience of 230 people from Scotland!

Bartv'd it. Went to watch New Lambton v simba then watched this.

fozphantom
01-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the Bartv tip lads watched the whole game
That full back for Belswansea?
reminds me of a famous quote from jake the mus in once were warriors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZSv4HlyfIo
Too much weights not enough speed work

Alton
04-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Why would you watch ex Southy players go around Red? You must be secretly fuming they play in the same comp against your mob.

Alton
04-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Why would you watch ex Southy players go around Red? You must be secretly fuming they play in the same comp against your mob.

ForeverRed
04-09-2017, 01:09 PM
No, not at all, there good friends