PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
04-01-2017, 08:34 PM
discussion starts here

GuzmanGomez
09-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Anyone brave enough to make a table prediction?

Interesting season ahead for sure.

DonPablo
09-01-2017, 07:29 PM
My prediction for the table:
4 legs

Don Pablo. Out.

C-Mac
13-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Hey lads.

I am looking to get in contact with any club who would be keen on having a trial game against Raymond Terrace .

We can host midweek or sundays or travel if need be.
We are not fussed by your clubs division or number or teams you can bring on the day.

Please feel free to PM me and see if we can lock in a date.

The Magician
14-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Suns just beat Cooks Hill NewFm 5-4 in trial at LMRFF this morning

Trout
14-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Not surprised
Suns have some quality footballers if they kept team from last year

Lofty
16-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Led 3-0 before some calamitous goalkeeping allowed Cookers back in the game. Good first hit out for both squads!

NewyTy
22-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Suns beat Wallsend 5-2 today. No refs or even line markings on a small field so definitely not the most serious trial but some good play from the Suns. Solid side that'll push for more silverware.

Kicktheball
22-01-2017, 08:56 PM
They still won't make the top 4

Nou Camp
23-01-2017, 03:52 PM

interesting to hear your theory on this prediction

Kicktheball
23-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Was being a jerk. By the sounds of it they have a good roster and will be hard to beat

Nou Camp
23-01-2017, 04:27 PM
ahhhh the old sarcasm analyser isn't working on my pc at the moment

The Magician
23-01-2017, 10:29 PM

The Sun is raging, the heatwave is here.... Catch them if you can.

Sir
24-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Who did the Suns pick up? Any intel?

Nou Camp
24-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Who did the Suns pick up? Any intel?

probably better to provide that closer to round 1, could be more comings and goings
squad training at the moment is for a tournament in Sydney this weekend and is a mix of firsts ressies and 3rds
will have better after proper pre season starts in a couple of weeks

Redback
26-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Thornton Redbacks looking for trial next Sunday the 5th February able to host or willing to travel. If your available feel free to contact Darrel McAllister on 0426 254 300

RANGER09
07-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Any news on which club is looking to drop down?
Expressions of interest are out again for a club to come up to this division

Roundball Enthusiast
07-02-2017, 04:41 PM

I'll let the club spokesperson do that. They're a strong club with good junior base, just needs some time to get the younger guys a little more physicality and ability.

Good luck to the teams applying to go up to ZPL.

Honestly don't think there will be much difference between ZL1 and ZPL this year, other than the top 1-2 sides in each comp.

The Spy
07-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Hang on what's happened? Has a ZPL side asked to be demoted?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-02-2017, 04:57 PM

Is this legit?

Premy
07-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Is this legit?
EOI have been sent out, at this stage no decision has been made about anything until the joint ZFL panel meet.

Kicktheball
07-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Kotara?

KSSFC
07-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Kotara?

Wrong

Kicktheball
07-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Sounds like Suns are going to have one of the strongest squads to date this year.

Roundball Enthusiast
07-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Suns are going to have one of the strongest squads to date this year.

Anything is possible. Nothing is for sure until the paper is signed.

Nou Camp
08-02-2017, 09:27 AM
seems like everyone will
all 4 trials played between ZPL and Newfm have resulted in ZPL wins

Kicktheball
08-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Are there many players getting paid in ZPL?

The Spy
08-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Are there many players getting paid in ZPL?

Every club will tell you no. There may be one or two getting regos covered, or a cheeky little bonus at the end of the year.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-02-2017, 02:06 PM
EOI have been sent out, at this stage no decision has been made about anything until the joint ZFL panel meet.

Interesting. No word on who it is?
Logical choice would be Garden Suburb back up.
The general reason for a drop out of ZPL would be player numbers, in which case a club may be required to jump from zl2 to zl1 as well (pure speculation).

Kicktheball
08-02-2017, 02:10 PM
I don't believe garden suburbs is the right fit. Surely give some other club like Stockton or Raymond terrace a chance in the ZPL league. Just my opinion

leftrightout
08-02-2017, 02:57 PM
The general reason for a drop out of ZPL would be player numbers, in which case a club may be required to jump from zl2 to zl1 as well (pure speculation).

This was my thought, they need the same number in ZL1, if they have numbers they should see the year out where they are!
What if they drop to ZL1 and win the comp? It would be ridiculous, glory hunters would be applying for L3!

Premy
08-02-2017, 03:27 PM
This was my thought, they need the same number in ZL1, if they have numbers they should see the year out where they are!
What if they drop to ZL1 and win the comp? It would be ridiculous, glory hunters would be applying for L3!
The Email sent out to clubs was that the club in question is seeking to be regraded to ZL1.

jaypee
08-02-2017, 03:30 PM
The Email sent out to clubs was that the club in question is seeking to be regraded to ZL1.

If thats the case then perhaps its a simple case of the club in question loosing its first grade from last year but still having the numbers for 3 teams. One of the earlier posts mentioned young players so they may be making up the numbers that way. No one wants a comp (in ZPL) where one team is getting smashed by all others, particularly if there are teams in ZL1 that could be more competitive...

Nou Camp
08-02-2017, 03:49 PM
can someone advise what team it is looking to go down???

ICEBERG10
08-02-2017, 04:05 PM
can someone advise what team it is looking to go down???

Morisset

Nou Camp
08-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Morisset

Thank you

sammydog
08-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Garden Suburb will not be applying to go up, the club committee and the Zone League Committee met tonight and we have decided to stay in ZL1.

We were relegated last season and will work as a club to rebuild towards promotion.

Good luck to whoever steps up.

Mitchy
08-02-2017, 09:12 PM
seems like everyone will
all 4 trials played between ZPL and Newfm have resulted in ZPL wins

5/5

Bero 4-3 belswans

DonPablo
10-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Morisset

Serves them right for constantly pinning their success on short term alternatives.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This is the second time they've brought someone in to take the from nowhere onto bigger things and then left and farked the club over.
Whoever is in charge should be ashamed.

Don Pablo for Head Coach 2017
"Make Morisset Great Again"

Roundball Enthusiast
11-02-2017, 01:04 AM
Serves them right for constantly pinning their success on short term alternatives.

This is the second time they've brought someone in to take the from nowhere onto bigger things and then left and farked the club over.

Hiding behind an alt account.

I only see one pussy here.

jaypee
11-02-2017, 07:54 AM

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story....

Kicktheball
13-02-2017, 05:56 PM
When will we hear if morriset is moving to Zone League 1 and what club is taking their position?

Premy
13-02-2017, 06:21 PM
When will we hear if morriset is moving to Zone League 1 and what club is taking their position?
Not until the Joint ZFL panal meets, there is a Meeting of The Zone Clubs and ZFL panal scheduled for the 22nd. If we don't find out before the 22nd then I suspected we'll find out at that meeting.

Frodo
17-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Warners Up to ZPL
Morisset Down to ZL1

Confirmed.

Kicktheball
17-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Warners bay will struggle in this league, I must congratulate them though for taking on the challenge.

onlooker
17-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Warners bay will struggle in this league, I must congratulate them though for taking on the challenge.
Will do better then Kotara

Kicktheball
17-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Yes, I will have to agree.

hawk
17-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Warners Up to ZPL
Morisset Down to ZL1

Confirmed.

At least the deal is all done well before the season starts.

I think if any team forfeits a division on the 2nd time they should be put into ZL3. I know its not EPL but keeping a consistency in how teams should move is important for mine.

onlooker
18-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Yeah and considering they said they will be using mainly a res grade team that came last. They may have numbers for 3 grades but surely they don't think there last placed res team is fair much better in ZL1 then they would have in ZPL. Better of going to the bottom and starting again.

jaypee
18-02-2017, 08:26 PM
At least the deal is all done well before the season starts.

I think if any team forfeits a division on the 2nd time they should be put into ZL3. I know its not EPL but keeping a consistency in how teams should move is important for mine.

So first time for Motown.... Never asked to go down before....

jaypee
18-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Yeah and considering they said they will be using mainly a res grade team that came last. They may have numbers for 3 grades but surely they don't think there last placed res team is fair much better in ZL1 then they would have in ZPL. Better of going to the bottom and starting again.

Think you should wait till season underway champ... If you honestly think there's bugger all difference between the two grades then I have an island I want to sell you...

onlooker
19-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Think you should wait till season underway champ... If you honestly think there's bugger all difference between the two grades then I have an island I want to sell you...

Most definitely will wait for the season nothing is won or lost before a ball is kicked, just think that a team using mostly players who came last in res grade ( just going of what was said earlier) will find it very tough in ZL1 first grade and will most likely find themselves at the lower end of the table. But I guess that's the challenge there happy to pick.

Nou Camp
19-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Suns vs south Cardiff
1sts 5-1
Res 1-1
3rds 0-1

The Anvil
20-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Will do better then Kotara

I think Kotara will do "ok" in this league. They competed with Jesmond and Warners bay last season in First grade. They might not challenge for top 4 but will cause problems for some teams especially if they think they will run through them.

Kicktheball
20-02-2017, 09:49 PM
To me it sounds like majority of zone premier teams are stronger/better then the New Fm. Going by the results. Seems like some clubs deserve the step up but do not have the junior base..

leftrightout
21-02-2017, 08:11 AM
To me it sounds like majority of zone premier teams are stronger/better then the New Fm. Going by the results. Seems like some clubs deserve the step up but do not have the junior base..

This topic comes up every year. All ZPL people and results suggest there are better team their than in NEWFM. NEWFM people deny it flat out claiming that its only preseason. For the record, i think ZPL is a stronger overall comp but the teams at the top of NEWFM would probably be slightly stronger than the top ZPL, who knows for how much longer but?

The facilities and infrastructure requirements are the biggest things holding other back from applying id say

Kicktheball
21-02-2017, 09:31 AM
It's a shame New Fm doesn't have the same rules and regulations as ZPL, gives all clubs a chance at the higher level. I definitely agree that ZPL is stronger then New-Fm. Only have to look at the recent score lines.

leftrightout
21-02-2017, 09:36 AM
It's a shame New Fm doesn't have the same rules and regulations as ZPL, gives all clubs a chance at the higher level. I definitely agree that ZPL is stronger then New-Fm. Only have to look at the recent score lines.

I think its the speed in the game. ZPL 1st grade is played at such a high speed, no one gets time on the ball yet most teams keep a pretty decent structure.

Redback
21-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

MonkeyKplunk
21-02-2017, 11:48 AM
This topic comes up every year. All ZPL people and results suggest there are better team their than in NEWFM. NEWFM people deny it flat out claiming that its only preseason. For the record, i think ZPL is a stronger overall comp but the teams at the top of NEWFM would probably be slightly stronger than the top ZPL, who knows for how much longer but?

The facilities and infrastructure requirements are the biggest things holding other back from applying id say

And then you come back around to the age old question, should there be promotion and relegation between the Northern comps and the combined comps?

Personally, I think the infrastructure and facility requirements for NEW FM are far too strict over and above ZPL, and it would make more sense to step up the requirements from comp to comp so that all clubs striving for the top improve and have something more to aim for.
Only major issue are the clubs who already have teams in the Northern comps, and then have teams in the combined comps.

leftrightout
22-02-2017, 09:31 AM
From NEWFM thread....

The ZPL strikes again, Beresfield down Stags 6-0 (or so).

The Spy
24-02-2017, 02:08 PM
So. Over to Mayfield then to stop the trend of ZPL beating NEWFM. Trial scheduled for Sunday....weather permitting.

United
24-02-2017, 03:09 PM
My problem with promotion is you have to get rid of 2 grades and restructure your whole club. I feel a club of mates becomes one of strangers and all you have are kids who are there to make up the numbers for the sake of having teams.

The Spy
24-02-2017, 03:49 PM
My problem with promotion is you have to get rid of 2 grades and restructure your whole club. I feel a club of mates becomes one of strangers and all you have are kids who are there to make up the numbers for the sake of having teams.

Not necessarily. If NewFm became at one with the ZPL, I don't see the need to have a 23's and 19's etc. Those guys would naturally filter into the reserve grade and third grade ranks, thus, making those comps stronger as well.

Nou Camp
24-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Not necessarily. If NewFm became at one with the ZPL, I don't see the need to have a 23's and 19's etc. Those guys would naturally filter into the reserve grade and third grade ranks, thus, making those comps stronger as well.

I don't think the talent pool is large enough for 3 divisions with age restrictions
there is a large gap between NPL youth and newfm youth ive found from watching and playing against these teams occasionally

United
24-02-2017, 05:22 PM

Do you really think NNSW would change their rules to benefit ZPL? I could not see this happening in anybody's life time.

onlooker
24-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Do you really think NNSW would change their rules to benefit ZPL? I could not see this happening in anybody's life time.
Time for a break away rebel league??

Shere Khan
24-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Wanted to throw this up here for ages and after attending the zone meeting now seems like a good time.
Spot on with comments on youth numbers.
Once you loose best of best away from Newy, straight to Npl, Jets, Npl youth then Nl1 the quality is thinning out considerably.
Zpl linking with juniors in theory is great but to my knowledge (I'll stand corrected) very few clubs have a direct link to any juniors.
Zpl tried a youth 3rd grade but for a lot of reasons like above it didn't fit.
Biggest hurdle I see is Zpl is FFA and Nnsw driven which means they have no real knowledge of the game at our level.
It's easy for them to say that you need to meet criteria like above and facilities but things like ground improvements are usually controlled by council.
End result is a lot of Zpl are trying to improve they're playing roster because it's the only thing they have control of especially after the removal of Npl 22's.
This year I think the 1st grades of a lot of teams are going to very good and the competition will be very strong.
As far as promotion relegation goes the difference created by Nnsw and restrictions as above put on Zpl plus massive monetary difference makes the jump unrealistic.
All the best from CCFC for 2017!

United
25-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Wanted to throw this up here for ages and after attending the zone meeting now seems like a good time.
Spot on with comments on youth numbers.
Once you loose best of best away from Newy, straight to Npl, Jets, Npl youth then Nl1 the quality is thinning out considerably.
Zpl linking with juniors in theory is great but to my knowledge (I'll stand corrected) very few clubs have a direct link to any juniors.
Zpl tried a youth 3rd grade but for a lot of reasons like above it didn't fit.
Biggest hurdle I see is Zpl is FFA and Nnsw driven which means they have no real knowledge of the game at our level.
It's easy for them to say that you need to meet criteria like above and facilities but things like ground improvements are usually controlled by council.
End result is a lot of Zpl are trying to improve they're playing roster because it's the only thing they have control of especially after the removal of Npl 22's.
This year I think the 1st grades of a lot of teams are going to very good and the competition will be very strong.
As far as promotion relegation goes the difference created by Nnsw and restrictions as above put on Zpl plus massive monetary difference makes the jump unrealistic.
All the best from CCFC for 2017!

Pretty much spot on but everyone who says criteria. Well that is only to NNSW bullshit. There is no way New Lambton on that cow paddock meets the criteria and Kahibah don't have a covered stadium. The only thing NNSW want is money and both clubs through their huge junior base is give them that.
For years NNSW have kept coming up with ways to tinker with the comps. When they got rid of reserve grade and made it first and youth. Clubs lost out, players went to all age and it failed. When they brought in a team from Port and list goes on

hawk
25-02-2017, 10:24 AM
I don't think the talent pool is large enough for 3 divisions with age restrictions
there is a large gap between NPL youth and newfm youth ive found from watching and playing against these teams occasionally

Talent pool? Was the 19 yrs & 22yrs comps created so that they can play at elite levels? But isnt that keeping out older players who might be as good or better out? The talent pool is at its smallest when separated by age etc. They are still adults at this stage which is a bit sad. I do agree with elite youth below 18 yrs to foster skills and knowledge.

If all grades where open then all talent would be graded in appropriate grades, (barring those chosen coach favourite types). And i feel that will breed stronger clubs and youth players will still progress to the bigs if they are good enough.

Maybe we can have separate elite training weekends, tournys or o/s scout trip outside of the season to provide for those who want more. But really imo, if you're serious about going anywhere you need to be out of newy by 18 anyway.

Suppose what is most pleasing is the growth of the game in all levels in this place

Source
26-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Mayf v Singo
1st Mayf 2-0
Reggies Mayf 4-1
Thirds Mayf 2-4

leftrightout
27-02-2017, 08:12 AM
So. Over to Mayfield then to stop the trend of ZPL beating NEWFM. Trial scheduled for Sunday....weather permitting.

Nope!

United
27-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Nope!

Just goes to show they can have their criteria and all the bullshit. But when it comes down to it ZPL teams actually play for the shirt and their mates. Not money and no heart

MonkeyKplunk
27-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Just goes to show they can have their criteria and all the bullshit. But when it comes down to it ZPL teams actually play for the shirt and their mates. Not money and no heart

Singleton have barely been a NEWFM quality side for years though. Floundering at the bottom of the table each year and not being relegated because no one below has the resources to make a move isn't a reason to still be there.

United
28-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Singleton have barely been a NEWFM quality side for years though. Floundering at the bottom of the table each year and not being relegated because no one below has the resources to make a move isn't a reason to still be there.

I am actually referring to the fact that ZPL teams have beaten newfm teams. Not this one against Singo

Source
06-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Yes this one against singo has on a few occasions

leftrightout
07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Hearing a few clubs are looking strong this year, this is going to be a great comp this year i think!
Jesmond coming up will challenge teams, they might not score many goals but they were very difficult to break down last year.
Kotara may struggle coming up. Warners Bay are rumoured to be strong but itll be a big step up.

I think it might be Dudleys year, just a hunch.
Also hear Cardiff are looking pretty strong too, which is great to see after a tough year or so not too long ago.

Nou Camp
08-03-2017, 08:45 AM
suns vs maitland last night at speers point
4-4 with some quality finishing from both teams
suns up 3-0 just after half time

Passtheballmate
13-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Bero V Terrace ZL1- Ventured out to see this game yesterday in the heat. Only caught the 1st grade game but heard the other grades were a tight tussle.
Bero may have won 3-2, however if Terrace had a Keeper that could catch and a Striker that could shoot they could've embarressed the Bero boys yesterday. Too much Pace from the Terrace forwards for the big old boys at the back caused alot of grief, Bero pushed the ball around nicely and created a bit but 2 gifted goals from the Terrace keeper and an absolute gem to the top corner gave them the game.

Jardelsimage
13-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Cardiff v Stocko
1st 7-3
res/3rds 10-6 ??? I think combined sides, good laugh though.
played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point due to our ground unavailable.
I have said it before, the set up is a joke, the cost to hire is an either bigger joke.
Jets hire for the day, 8 hours cost around $800, for us to hire for 4 hours, cost $800, if that is making it accessible to all clubs WTF.

Nou Camp
13-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Cardiff v Stocko
1st 7-3
res/3rds 10-6 ??? I think combined sides, good laugh though.
played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point due to our ground unavailable.
I have said it before, the set up is a joke, the cost to hire is an either bigger joke.
Jets hire for the day, 8 hours cost around $800, for us to hire for 4 hours, cost $800, if that is making it accessible to all clubs WTF.

then if you want refs and an extra grade on top of that cost each club over $700 for the day
most of the lower teams cant even get on their ground at the moment due to cricket (who the council treat like royalty)

pv4
13-03-2017, 11:12 AM
played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point

Well, at least it is really well setup for supporters............................

Jardelsimage
13-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Well, at least it is really well setup for supporters............................

100% the best setup ever.
Thought I would have a couple of XXXX whilst I watched the game, sorry sir cant take the beer of the concrete, but the game is on the No2 field, bad luck.
You would think at least you could sit in the wrongly positioned grand little stands they have, but NO.

onlooker
13-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Bero V Terrace ZL1- Ventured out to see this game yesterday in the heat. Only caught the 1st grade game but heard the other grades were a tight tussle.
Bero may have won 3-2, however if Terrace had a Keeper that could catch and a Striker that could shoot they could've embarressed the Bero boys yesterday. Too much Pace from the Terrace forwards for the big old boys at the back caused alot of grief, Bero pushed the ball around nicely and created a bit but 2 gifted goals from the Terrace keeper and an absolute gem to the top corner gave them the game.

Best thing that the terrrace keeper did all day was take himself off, bero fans where devastated, whilst Terrace fans where deafening with the applause at the substitution.

pv4
13-03-2017, 12:26 PM
100% the best setup ever.
Thought I would have a couple of XXXX whilst I watched the game, sorry sir cant take the beer of the concrete, but the game is on the No2 field, bad luck.
You would think at least you could sit in the wrongly positioned grand little stands they have, but NO.

They are just getting you prepared for the 2022 World Cup where you can't drink alcohol at all. They're doing football supporters a service, really.

Someone remind me, they got Craig Johnston in to design this thing yeah? Maybe he should stick to surfing for England..

WolfMan
13-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Best thing that the terrrace keeper did all day was take himself off, bero fans where devastated, whilst Terrace fans where deafening with the applause at the substitution.

Rumour has it, the Terrace 'keeper pulls himself off fairly often... :gent:

onlooker
13-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Rumour has it, the Terrace 'keeper pulls himself off fairly often... :gent:
Haha will neither confirm nor deny those allegations. Could explain the injury sustained tho lol.

Kicktheball
15-03-2017, 11:00 AM
My top 4 predictions for this upcoming season.

Mayfield
Dudley
Suns
Bero

Nou Camp
15-03-2017, 11:53 AM
losses and gains for each team anyone?

Lofty
15-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Suns have gained luscious grass out the outfield. Still having to deal with a damn cricket pitch in the middle to ruin everything...

The Anvil
15-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Not too sure how it will pan out this year but I have The Suns on top with Dudley.

Hopefully once again it will be very competitive this season.

It will be interesting to see how Warners Bay, Kotara and Jesmond go this year. Don't think they will challenge for the Top 4, but doubt they will be easy bets by any stretch of the imagination

United
20-03-2017, 06:55 AM
I think it will be a tight race. Cardiff look pretty slick this year. i think they will be top 4.

Retro Jet
20-03-2017, 01:32 PM
From what I saw with our trial v Suns, they're going to be pretty hard to beat.
So long as TM keeps the crew humming without distractions, I think Suns
will have a good start which they have fallen short with the last two seasons
and has been their undoing for a top 2 finish both of those years too.

Lofty
20-03-2017, 02:38 PM
From what I saw with our trial v Suns, they're going to be pretty hard to beat.
So long as TM keeps the crew humming without distractions, I think Suns
will have a good start which they have fallen short with the last two seasons
and has been their undoing for a top 2 finish both of those years too.

I think the last two seasons we have had one win in the first half of the season which is simply not good enough. This years preseason has been a lot better and hopefully that will translate to a better start to our season.
One thing is for sure, it's going to be a similar comp to last year. There wasn't a single team that were easy beats, you have to turn up ready for every game. Even Suburb(s) last year who didn't win a game, still were super competitive.
The Suns will be looking to put in a much better showing in ressies and thirds after performing quite poorly the last couple of seasons.

Kicktheball
20-03-2017, 03:15 PM
I think you will see a few underrated teams challenging for the title this year. Looks to be a lot more depth within squads. Bring on the season!

United
20-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Agree there won't be any easy game for any team this year. I think it's what makes the competition better than any other.

hawk
22-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Someone remind me, they got Craig Johnston in to design this thing yeah? Maybe he should stick to surfing for England..

So it's a Canyonero stadium. damn

The Spy
24-03-2017, 03:28 PM
NSFC

GAINS - Johnny Maj(Jaffa's), Kevin Davidson(Jaffa's), Todd Griffin(Jaffa's), Aiden Palozzi(Jaffa's), Wez Pryce(Garden-Suburb) Joseph Grujevski(BMagic), Daniel Palozzi(singleton) and a few others but have no idea where they came from.

Loses - Jason Thomas, Nima Fukijama, Johnny Stojanovski.

Plus, must've employed someone to do the payroll???

Nou Camp
24-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Plus, must've employed someone to do the payroll???

would be a pretty easy job because
all playing for nothing and all paying their rego

Roundball Enthusiast
24-03-2017, 04:36 PM

When I play football, I play for the shirt & pride.

Funny how different people have different things they play for :brrr:

The Spy
24-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Half those boys wouldn't even know how to do an online registration :whistling:

Lofty
24-03-2017, 04:45 PM
There's more to football in third division Newcastle than getting paid. The Suns have had a few boys come along for preseason over the past couple of years to leave before the season proper due to the clubs stance on not paying players. It's easy to sit on the outside, joke around and think that the clubs is spending dollars on players. The reality is that the Newcastle Suns have never paid a player to play for them, ever. It's enabled the club to create an equal and welcoming environment that boys want to be apart of. Yes, we have lost potential good signings, but what we have is something we are proud of and it's a bit enjoyable to hear comments from outsiders thinking we must pay players.

Rant over.

Wishing everyone and enjoyable and injury free season for 2017!

The Spy
26-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Tsk Tsk, it's all banter lads. I'm looking forward to the game against you boys. Good luck for the season.

onlooker
26-03-2017, 05:24 PM
I think it will be a tight race. Cardiff look pretty slick this year. i think they will be top 4.

Well hears hoping I'm watching their res grade play Bero ZL1 first. Because this is ain't a top 4 team

Roundball Enthusiast
26-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Well hears hoping I'm watching their res grade play Bero ZL1 first. Because this is ain't a top 4 team

score?

onlooker
26-03-2017, 06:25 PM
score?

Finished 2-1 Bero

Jardelsimage
26-03-2017, 07:47 PM

bad day at the office I think.
had a few blokes out and few positional changes due to that.
No excuses tho, don't put chances away you lose games.
up side our goal was a bomb.
we never said we were top 4, that's someone else's statement.

onlooker
26-03-2017, 07:59 PM
bad day at the office I think.
had a few blokes out and few positional changes due to that.
No excuses tho, don't put chances away you lose games.
up side our goal was a bomb.
we never said we were top 4, that's someone else's statement.
Yes your goal was a bomb had a very good view of it.

Jardelsimage
26-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Yes your goal was a bomb had a very good view of it.

did you pick it out????

onlooker
26-03-2017, 08:26 PM
did you pick it out????

No certainty not, I was sitting in the car behind the goal. Just a keen observer today as my team play Bero in round 1 so just having a look.

tucker's daughter
27-03-2017, 01:18 AM
NSFC

GAINS - Johnny Maj(Jaffa's), Kevin Davidson(Jaffa's), Todd Griffin(Jaffa's), Aiden Palozzi(Jaffa's), Wez Pryce(Garden-Suburb) Joseph Grujevski(BMagic), Daniel Palozzi(singleton) and a few others but have no idea where they came from.

Loses - Jason Thomas, Nima Fukijama, Johnny Stojanovski.

That's a lot of players to replace Johnny Stoj

Lofty
27-03-2017, 07:14 AM
That's a lot of players to replace Johnny Stoj

There's a few more first grade departs that aren't on the list;
Ben Radstaak (Suns 2016 player of the year), Liam Mercer, Daniel Hutchison as well as Igor Karafilovski and Alex Vojdanoski who are both travelling overseas and can't commit due to work, etc so they will be player/coach third grade for just the beginning on the season.
So that's 5 of the starting grand final team (3 of the 4 GF goal scorers) as losses, plus Johnny on top of that and a couple others who were fringe first graders.

Kicktheball
29-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Predictions for this weekend?

Lofty
29-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Predictions for this weekend?

Saturday: Cloudy with parts of sun and a slight chance of a shower.
Sunday: Showers throughout the day.

Kicktheball
29-03-2017, 01:44 PM
No winners there

Lofty
29-03-2017, 02:14 PM
No winners there

Got the fixtures handy?

Lofty
29-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Cardiff v Swansea
Suns v Uni
Jesmond v Dudley
Kotara v Warners Bay
Beresfield v Mayfield

Kicktheball
30-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Let's hope most of the grounds hold up from this weather.

leftrightout
30-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Cardiff v Swansea
Suns v Uni
Jesmond v Dudley
Kotara v Warners Bay
Beresfield v Mayfield

Agree with all except I'll take Mayfield over Bero

Beppe
31-03-2017, 03:54 PM
not sure if clubs are willing to give this information up, but outside of the suns (maj, palozzi etc), what ZPL teams have ex NBN league players in their squads?

hawk
31-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Cardiff v Swansea
Suns v Uni
Jesmond v Dudley
Kotara v Warners Bay
Beresfield v Mayfield

w/o x5

Lofty
31-03-2017, 11:13 PM
w/o x5

Not a chance. Connolly is in fantastic condition. Looking forward to a solid hit out against Uni tomorrow.

Shere Khan
31-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Heard Newy Council had called all off?
Ccfc are still on until last minute.

4attheback
01-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Any word on washout believe Maitland council closed all there grounds heard rumour newly did to becoming bit of a joke the rate they close grounds now
None the less tips should games get on
Cardiff
Suns
Dudley
Bay
Mayfield

Lofty
01-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Suns is 100% on. NCC have not closed the ground at all.

Nou Camp
01-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Suns vs Uni
First 10-1
Res 3-0
3rds 4-0

Shere Khan
01-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Boom!

NUGUNS
01-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Suns vs Uni
First 10-1
Res 3-0
3rds 4-0

Thats a quality result across all grades, I'm sure Uni hasn't had that happen to them in quite some time.

Kicktheball
01-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Cardiff results ?

hawk
01-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Suns is 100% on. NCC have not closed the ground at all.

That's a decent ground to handle that rain. Is the cricket pitch still there? Thats was the only pain (when dry).

Donk
01-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Cardiff results ?

Washed out

Lofty
01-04-2017, 08:39 PM
That's a decent ground to handle that rain. Is the cricket pitch still there? Thats was the only pain (when dry).

The cricket pitch ruins the ground. Surrounding the pitch it becomes quite soggy when wet which was the case today. And after a good downpour, when the centre pitch dried out it becomes jagged rock which is horrible. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. We have tried to look after the ground a lot more during the season which has been great, but the pitch area will create issues throughout the season.

United
02-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Suns vs Uni
First 10-1
Res 3-0
3rds 4-0

Not trying to take away from the result. But what's happened to Uni? They were always competitive in all grades

GuzmanGomez
02-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Kotara v Bay
3rds 3 - 0
res 1-0
1st 4-1

HeyDuggee
02-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Kotara v Bay
3rds 3 - 0
res 1-0
1st 4-1

Might be a long season for WB.....

Lofty
02-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Jesmond and Dudley?

Source
02-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Dudley won all 3 grades 3 nil thirds 2 nil reggies and 4-1 first grade so I'm told

leftrightout
02-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Kotara v Bay
3rds 3 - 0
res 1-0
1st 4-1

Crazy, I apologise to kotara... only last week I was fearing for their season after seeing them play FFA Cup. Great result there!

The Spy
03-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Might be a long season for WB.....

Because of 1 game?

holding_midfield
03-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Crazy, I apologise to kotara... only last week I was fearing for their season after seeing them play FFA Cup. Great result there!

Had 5 starting 1st graders out and lost 1 nil (soft goal in first 5 mins) to a side who didn't lose a game last year...

Loving all the doubters though!

leftrightout
03-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Had 5 starting 1st graders out and lost 1 nil (soft goal in first 5 mins) to a side who didn't lose a game last year...

Loving all the doubters though!

As i said in that post last week... i hoped you had players out, turns out you did but no one wanted to say anything until now.

Saw a bit of jesmond and Kotara. I hope they both had players out otherwise they are looking at a long year in ZPL.

holding_midfield
03-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Fair enough, I wasn't following the FFA thread too closely.

Certainly not saying we will go undefeated but was a little puzzled by everyone picking WB against us, a side we beat and drew with last year and finished above on the table.

Oh well, being written off is good motivation :)

leftrightout
03-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Fair enough, I wasn't following the FFA thread too closely.

Certainly not saying we will go undefeated but was a little puzzled by everyone picking WB against us, a side we beat and drew with last year and finished above on the table.

Oh well, being written off is good motivation :)

Absolutely, use it for all its worth to motivate!
Warners Bay seemed like they were talked up a bit (not necessarily by warners bay people) so i guess thats why.

HeyDuggee
03-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Because of 1 game?

Yes, it is just a guess and hopefully i'm wrong. Only rounds will tell

The Spy
04-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Yes, it is just a guess and hopefully i'm wrong. Only rounds will tell

We've only got the Suns next so that should put us back on the winning track....

The Spy
04-04-2017, 02:25 PM
How does your ground go with water? Not much forecast but just curious.

Field 1 had drainage installed through the off-season, it's just about ready to go. Field 2 is normally very good, BUT, is protected at the moment because our women's NPL play on it. I don't envisage we'll have any issues with the game this week.

Passtheballmate
04-04-2017, 03:01 PM
We've only got the Suns next so that should put us back on the winning track....

Pray for rain!!!

04-04-2017, 07:57 PM
What's wrong with u lot. Beaten before u even have a crack. No wonder we are all going soft.
They are all beatable. Roll ur sleeves up and have a go SPY. If they were that good
They wouldn't be floating around in zone league.

Lofty
04-04-2017, 08:43 PM
What's wrong with u lot. Beaten before u even have a crack. No wonder we are all going soft.
They are all beatable. Roll ur sleeves up and have a go SPY. If they were that good

I think it was a bit of tongue in cheek mate. I seriously don't think they are going to let us rock up on Sunday assuming they'll get beaten.

Lofty
06-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Round 2.

Swansea v Kotara
Mayfield v Cardiff
Uni v Jesmond
Warners Bay v Suns
Dudley v Beresfield

The Spy
06-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Round 2.

Swansea v Kotara
Mayfield v Cardiff
Uni v Jesmond
Warners Bay v Suns
Dudley v Beresfield

Draw
Draw
Draw
Draw
Dudley

Paying a massive amount on Sportsbet

Lofty
06-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Draw
Draw
Draw
Draw
Dudley

Paying a massive amount on Sportsbet

You're a flat out comedian across the board hey... :thumbsup:

The Anvil
06-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Draw
Mayfield
Uni
Suns
Dudley

See how it pans out with some teams having their first comp game, and a few with midweek FFA cup games thrown in amongst the week!

The Spy
07-04-2017, 10:11 AM
You're a flat out comedian across the board hey... :thumbsup:

What colour shorts and socks you boys wear?

Nou Camp
07-04-2017, 10:52 AM
What colour shorts and socks you boys wear?

black shorts red socks

gk1985
07-04-2017, 11:51 AM
mayf vs cardiff off

The Anvil
07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
mayf vs cardiff off

Gee that's early. The game isn't being played in Rockhampton!!!!

United
07-04-2017, 02:17 PM
mayf vs cardiff off

Really? It's not like they have to protect the cricket pitch anymore. Council early to pull the trigger

leftyrightytoey
07-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Been told lower grades at Uni are off tomorrow. Call was made lunchtime today. Why just play 1 grade?

Donk
07-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Been told lower grades at Uni are off tomorrow. Call was made lunchtime today. Why just play 1 grade?
Cos it sucks playing 3 grades on week nights

leftyrightytoey
07-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Cos it sucks playing 3 grades on week nights

Hard to disagree with this sort of logic.

football_macigian23
07-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Really? It's not like they have to protect the cricket pitch anymore. Council early to pull the trigger

NCC don't call grounds out for the weekend.. Clubs do

Nou Camp
07-04-2017, 04:39 PM

it probably wasn't council
the clubs can call off games also
our ground is usually bone dry all year round but around the cricket pitch is a bogfest atm and we haven't had a decent downpour for days now, can only imagine what some other grounds are like
its not even that cold at the moment, not sure what things are going to be like when it rains in the middle of winter

Kicktheball
08-04-2017, 08:00 AM
How are clubs fields looking for today and tomorrow?

Gelato
08-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Uni 4-4 jesmond
Uni up 3-0 half time, then went down 4-3 and then uni equalised
Was a good game to watch as a neautral

The Spy
08-04-2017, 08:18 PM
How are clubs fields looking for today and tomorrow?

Wembley Bay is a treat. We look forward to welcoming the invincibles tomorrow. Good luck all :)

The Majestic Swan
08-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Swansea today. The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing, what a day for football.
After coming off a good pre-season and having their first game washed out the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
With a new look squad and a brand new playing strip gracing the pitch for the first time, this had players and fans excited to say the least.
Also there was a new look coaching staff down at Swansea which welcomed back some familiar faces of years past, and this had everyone expecting results and did the boys deliver.

3rd grade walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Kotara South boys.
2nd grade also saw Swansea walk away with the points, in commanding fashion with a 5-1 victory.
1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 win to complete the white wash. The game was made easier for the boys when Kotara South thought it was a good idea to start throwing insults at officials which resulted in an early shower for 1 player,
the insults kept coming and often at times were directed at their own players. This only helped the Mighty Swans Swoop in and take the 3 points.

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with energy around the club this is a realistic possibility.

........WE ARE THE SWANS DOWN BY THE SEA........

hawk
09-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Nice arrogant rant. Best stick to scores next time....

hawk
09-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Dudley v Bero

1st 0-2 with 15 to go. Duds with a player sent
Res 6-1
3rd 2-1

Nou Camp
09-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Suns vs warners bay at wb
1st 4-1
Res 2-0
3rds 3-2

Bulldogs 1962
09-04-2017, 05:30 PM
thanks dh

holding_midfield
09-04-2017, 05:45 PM
One of the great posts. Good to see someone at Swansea FC has an internet connection. Next time maybe you'll get someone who actually watched the game to post a match report.

The Anvil
09-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Swansea today. The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing, what a day for football.
After coming off a good pre-season and having their first game washed out the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
With a new look squad and a brand new playing strip gracing the pitch for the first time, this had players and fans excited to say the least.
Also there was a new look coaching staff down at Swansea which welcomed back some familiar faces of years past, and this had everyone expecting results and did the boys deliver.

3rd grade walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Kotara South boys.
2nd grade also saw Swansea walk away with the points, in commanding fashion with a 5-1 victory.
1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 win to complete the white wash. The game was made easier for the boys when Kotara South thought it was a good idea to start throwing insults at officials which resulted in an early shower for 1 player,
the insults kept coming and often at times were directed at their own players. This only helped the Mighty Swans Swoop in and take the 3 points.

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with energy around the club this is a realistic possibility.

........WE ARE THE SWANS DOWN BY THE SEA........

Congrats to Swansea yesterday on winning 3 grades. I'm only going to comment on first grade as I was involved in it. I thought the game was very even. Yes we had our centre back sent for dissent on about 40 minutes. Kotara had plenty of chances. Should've had a pen in the first half with a handball in the box. We missed a penalty early in the second half. With a man down we should have been put to the sword. Good luck with your push for top 4. Kotara might be hoping for 5th then 😎

hawk
09-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, be a boring old forum with just scores

True, but let's keep chest beating (which is fine btw) for the change rooms or pub. This is for scores and maybe some facts about the game.

HeyDuggee
09-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Suns vs warners bay at wb
1st 4-1
Res 2-0
3rds 3-2

Good showing from WB, and I can't see why the top sides in this division won't give Suns a run for their money.

Looking forward to an interesting season

Roundball Enthusiast
09-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Can you not read?
It clearly says the score and facts about the game.
I'm guessing you're the fun police, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion so maybe keep you're opinion about what can and can't be said to yourself!!

He's a forum moderator. So I guess he can and will tell people what they can/can't say on the forum he moderates.

LOL.

footballfan
09-04-2017, 07:48 PM
He's a forum moderator. So I guess he can and will tell people what they can/can't say on the forum he moderates.

LOL.

Forums are for opinions, what the point of a forum if you're told what you can and can't say?
Nothing nasty was said about anyone.
Defeats the purpose of a forum!!

"LOL"

NUGUNS
09-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Honestly as a neutral it didn't look like Suns got out of second gear once they hit the lead.

The top sides will produce some good matches with them though. The season is long and I hope some sides step up as nothing is won in the second round.

Warners Bay had their best chances on the counter and scored a fantastic freekick to level it up in the first half. (Just seemed to run out of steam overall)

Retro Jet
10-04-2017, 09:54 AM

LOL.

:rof::popcorn:

Roundball Enthusiast
10-04-2017, 01:23 PM
:rof::popcorn:

Gottem.

10-04-2017, 06:47 PM
You do realize there's more to going up a division other than talent? What a clanger of a comment that was.

What you going on about????
Please explain.

leftrightout
11-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Please explain.

There is not really a Zone league club that could go up to NPL as facilities aren't up to the standard.
Because everyone knows playing a higher grade is about grandstands and fences, not the standard of football!

Lofty
11-04-2017, 08:35 AM

You do realize there's more to going up a division other than talent? What a clanger of a comment that was.

Please explain.

I'm pretty sure it is in regards to your comment above saying that if the players were good enough to be in a higher division, then they wouldn't be playing for the Suns. I agree with NWM. I think there are quite a few players currently playing for the Suns and other teams across the ZPL that could definitely be playing at a higher level, but choose not to for various reasons (to play with mates, work commitments, etc).
Hope that's clear enough to know what "he's going on about". :thumbsup:

11-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it is in regards to your comment above saying that if the players were good enough to be in a higher division, then they wouldn't be playing for the Suns. I agree with NWM. I think there are quite a few players currently playing for the Suns and other teams across the ZPL that could definitely be playing at a higher level, but choose not to for various reasons (to play with mates, work commitments, etc).
Hope that's clear enough to know what "he's going on about". :thumbsup:

Lincoln beat Burnley in the Fa Cup mate. Got nothing to do with being to good for a certain league but more to do with every1 being able to beat any1 on any given day unlike what ppl are suggesting about the suns
I watched their first half against Warners bay and to be fair to WB they were technically second best but could of easily went into the break 3-2 up as their striker missed 2 sitters. It was more to do with having a crack, which they did from what I seen in the first half, but good bite anyway

hawk
11-04-2017, 06:56 PM
So after 2 rounds and another week off for easter Cardiff hasnt kick a ball so too speak. The keeness would be at busting point

Lofty
12-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Lincoln beat Burnley in the Fa Cup mate. Got nothing to do with being to good for a certain league but more to do with every1 being able to beat any1 on any given day unlike what ppl are suggesting about the suns
I watched their first half against Warners bay and to be fair to WB they were technically second best but could of easily went into the break 3-2 up as their striker missed 2 sitters. It was more to do with having a crack, which they did from what I seen in the first half, but good bite anyway

Woah dude, relax. I feel like you're not even reading anything I've said. Neither NWM nor myself or anyone at the Suns has said anything about Suns being unbeatable. I don't think anyone has said that at all?? If you can find where someone has said this, then please do prove me wrong.
I didn't get to see much of the first half, but I know the Suns scored 3 second half goals and I'm not sure about you, but from what I know in football, not all teams take every chance they have in front of goal 100% of the time. If this had been the case on the weekend, the Suns may have won 19-5 or there abouts.
The comments were purely about the level of players in ZPL for ALL CLUBS being able to play at one of the divisions above (keep in mind mate, there's quite a few that were at that level just a few months ago).
I don't know what that has to do with Lincoln and Burnley? :wtf:

Now take a deep breath, read and try and digest the few simple points I've made. Keep in mind buddy, I'm not suggesting in anyway, shape or form that Suns are invincible. I do think anyone in the comp can win on any given day.

cobra23
12-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Woah dude, relax. I feel like you're not even reading anything I've said. Neither NWM nor myself or anyone at the Suns has said anything about Suns being unbeatable. I don't think anyone has said that at all?? If you can find where someone has said this, then please do prove me wrong.
I didn't get to see much of the first half, but I know the Suns scored 3 second half goals and I'm not sure about you, but from what I know in football, not all teams take every chance they have in front of goal 100% of the time. If this had been the case on the weekend, the Suns may have won 19-5 or there abouts.
The comments were purely about the level of players in ZPL for ALL CLUBS being able to play at one of the divisions above (keep in mind mate, there's quite a few that were at that level just a few months ago).

Now take a deep breath, read and try and digest the few simple points I've made. Keep in mind buddy, I'm not suggesting in anyway, shape or form that Suns are invincible. I do think anyone in the comp can win on any given day.

you are suggesting only 1 game here,
its all about the whole season . yeah some teams might take points off the suns but that would only be a one off.

someone mentioned a game between lincoln & burnley, yes a one off cup game(upsets happen) BUT put these sides in the same comp then sure as shit lincoln would be no way near burnley at the end of the season..

12-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Spy View Post

How does your ground go with water? Not much forecast but just curious

"Pray for rain"

Mate I was going off these 2 comments which to me clearly suggest the Bay had no hope.
My first comment after seeing these comments was clearly directed at the SPY in an attempt to gee up the SPY, who must play or coach for the bay, and inturn hopefully roll there sleeves up and have a go.
You can take my comments and run with them which ever way you like. Go for it champ it just adds to the banter.

Wilso8948
12-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Jokes really are lost via the internet aren't they.

Lofty
12-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Jokes really are lost via the internet aren't they.

Amen!

Lofty
12-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by The Spy View Post

How does your ground go with water? Not much forecast but just curious

"Pray for rain"

Mate I was going off these 2 comments which to me clearly suggest the Bay had no hope.
My first comment after seeing these comments was clearly directed at the SPY in an attempt to gee up the SPY, who must play or coach for the bay, and inturn hopefully roll there sleeves up and have a go.
You can take my comments and run with them which ever way you like. Go for it champ it just adds to the banter.

This whole discussion stems from your comments below. Now as I said previously, I think you will find that at more than one of the current ZPL squads have players that most certainly could be playing at either of the two divisions above ZPL. I wholeheartedly disagree with your comment about that.

In regards to Suns performance for the year; that's all been said by others and not anyone at the Suns. I truly believe that the season is going to be super competitive and each game you will need to play well and fight for the 3 points. That's certainly the thought at our club.

12-04-2017, 05:50 PM
This whole discussion stems from your comments below. Now as I said previously, I think you will find that at more than one of the current ZPL squads have players that most certainly could be playing at either of the two divisions above ZPL. I wholeheartedly disagree with your comment about that.

In regards to Suns performance for the year; that's all been said by others and not anyone at the Suns. I truly believe that the season is going to be super competitive and each game you will need to play well and fight for the 3 points. That's certainly the thought at our club.

Wow...... hook, line and sinker

The Anvil
20-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Round 3 fixtures

Cardiff v Kotara
Jesmond v Warners Bay
Mayfield v Dudley
Suns v Swansea
Beresfield v Uni - Draw

I bet Cardiff and Mayfield will be chomping at the bit to finally get a game this weekend.

The Spy
20-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Cardiff
Bay
Dudley
Suns
Bero

Lofty
20-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Draw
Draw
Dudley
Suns
Bero

NUGUNS
22-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Cardiff v Kotara

1sts: 3 - 2 Cardiff
Res: 4 - 5 Kotara
3rds: 0 - 2 Kotara

Quality goal for Cardiff's winner. Game seemed a little scrappy. Kotara went better than I thought they would have but got overrun in the end with Cardiff pushing hard in the second half.

Gelato
23-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Suns vs Swansea

Thirds 4-1
Ressies 1-2
Firsts 2-0

outsider
23-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Bero v Uni

3rds 2-2
Ressies 6-6
First 2-1

The Spy
23-04-2017, 07:46 PM
If you're waiting on Jesmond v Warners Bay result:
Firsts 3-0
Ressies 4-1
Thirds 1-1

Lofty
23-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Waiting for a match review from the majestic swan like :popcorn:

fozphantom
24-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Waiting for a match review from the majestic swan like :popcorn:

Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Throsby Creek yesterday. The 'sun' was shining (again), no breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing. What a day for football.
After coming off the Easter break and an abandoned Cup game in the most bizarre circumstances possible, the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
The new look coaching staff, too numerous to mention, could not be controlled and were constantly coming off the bench.

3rd grade Suns walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Swansea boys. Football karma. Kotara boys looked on with glee.
2nd grade somehow saw Swansea walk away with the points, in ladies fashion with a 2-1 victory.
1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 loss, and like 3rd grade reversed their last winning score. Football karma yet again!

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with a degree of humility, this might actually be a possibility.

........WE ARE THE GEESE DOWN BY THE SEA........

footballfan
24-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Throsby Creek yesterday. The 'sun' was shining (again), no breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing. What a day for football.
After coming off the Easter break and an abandoned Cup game in the most bizarre circumstances possible, the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
The new look coaching staff, too numerous to mention, could not be controlled and were constantly coming off the bench.

3rd grade Suns walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Swansea boys. Football karma. Kotara boys looked on with glee.
2nd grade somehow saw Swansea walk away with the points, in ladies fashion with a 2-1 victory.
1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 loss, and like 3rd grade reversed their last winning score. Football karma yet again!

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with a degree of humility, this might actually be a possibility.

Reserve grade won in ladies fashion..
That doesn't say much about the suns reserve grade..
The suns reserve grade played like a bunch of whinging school girls who lost their barbie dolls.
Good to see the pretenders didn't get up in all 3 grades and had their first loss!!

FourFour2
24-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Suns vs Swansea

Thirds 4-1
Ressies 1-2
Firsts 2-0

Headed over the bridge on Sunday to check out the action between The Suns and Swansea.

3rd grade - saw swansea hold the majority of possession however suns were clinical in front of goal and deserved the win at the end of the day. Promising signs from both these sides for the season ahead.
Match highlight - Sun's right back coping a spray off his coach after throwing up on the pitch a numerous times. I suspect a few too many at the green roof followed by a 3am kebapi roll the root cause.

Reserve grade - Saw Swansea have control of the game pretty much from the get go, probably should of won by more. Other then the second half Penatly scare, which the suns couldn't convert, this was Swansea's game.
Match highlight: The Sun's players who took a dive to receive the unconverted penatly was worthy of winning last nights gold logie. Spend the off season taking acting lesson and I'm sure you'll get your breakthrough role on home and away you have always dreamed about.

Missed the first grade game so can't comment.

Lofty
24-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Headed over the bridge on Sunday to check out the action between The Suns and Swansea.

3rd grade - saw swansea hold the majority of possession however suns were clinical in front of goal and deserved the win at the end of the day. Promising signs from both these sides for the season ahead.
Match highlight - Sun's right back coping a spray off his coach after throwing up on the pitch a numerous times. I suspect a few too many at the green roof followed by a 3am kebapi roll the root cause.

Reserve grade - Saw Swansea have control of the game pretty much from the get go, probably should of won by more. Other then the second half Penatly scare, which the suns couldn't convert, this was Swansea's game.
Match highlight: The Sun's players who took a dive to receive the unconverted penatly was worthy of winning last nights gold logie. Spend the off season taking acting lesson and I'm sure you'll get your breakthrough role on home and away you have always dreamed about.

Missed the first grade game so can't comment.

Have a chat to the Swansea left back who made the foul and apologised to the player fouled who not long after came off due to the injury sustained. I'm guessing you weren't standing on the far side (as no one was) which meant you would have been roughly 80-100 meters away from the incident. So yes, I'm sure your long distance eyesight and judgement on the incident was better than the defender involved :thumbsup: #saltyevenafterwinning

footballfan
24-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Good story that, he Injured himself by being a fairy and taking a dive..
I guess it's karma he went of injured, they missed the penalty and LOST!!

Lofty
24-04-2017, 01:45 PM
It was a complete non issue on the pitch as both sets of players knew what happened. It didn't affect the game either way anyway, so I don't know why you choose this stance of being classless whinging winners.
Secondly, labeling the Suns 'pretenders' after winning 8 out 9 games is laughable. No competition is won after 3 rounds, but get a grip.

Lofty
24-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Bero v Uni

3rds 2-2
Ressies 6-6
First 2-1

Sounds like an epic ressies match!!! How did the scoring go? Late drama?

outsider
24-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Sounds like an epic ressies match!!! How did the scoring go? Late drama?

Uni led 3-1 and then 5-3.Bero caught up and then led 6-5 then Uni scored to even at 6-6.Last 4 goals (3 Bero)scored in 6 minutes.Not a classic defensive game.

Lofty
24-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Uni led 3-1 and then 5-3.Bero caught up and then led 6-5 then Uni scored to even at 6-6.Last 4 goals (3 Bero)scored in 6 minutes.Not a classic defensive game.

Don't think either team will ever score 6 goals in a match again and not go away with 3 points.

mefa1984
27-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Catch up game Round 1 - 1st grade only
Beresfield vs Mayfield 1-1 (pretty sure half time was also 1-1)
I only know the score, can't comment on the game

Other grades were played couple of weeks ago
Ressies 1-1
3rds 1-1

Lofty
27-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Catch up game Round 1 - 1st grade only
Beresfield vs Mayfield 1-1 (pretty sure half time was also 1-1)
I only know the score, can't comment on the game

Other grades were played couple of weeks ago
Ressies 1-1
3rds 1-1

Round one in all grades and no one won one with one's all round!

hawk
27-04-2017, 06:02 PM

:rof::rof:

Lofty
27-04-2017, 08:54 PM

:rof::rof:

Corker of a review. Still disappointed we didn't get to hear from the majestic swan. Maybe we will just have to wait until they win again... :(

The Spy
28-04-2017, 09:16 AM
The Majestics vs Jesmond
Uni vs Mayf
The Easybeats vs Bero
Dudley vs Cardiff
Kotara vs The Invincibles

Tips?

Lofty
28-04-2017, 09:25 AM
The Majestics vs Jesmond
Uni vs Mayf
The Easybeats vs Bero
Dudley vs Cardiff
Kotara vs The Invincibles

Tips?

I thought it was the pretenders? :rof:

Draw
Mayfield
Dudley
Suns
Bero

The Spy
28-04-2017, 10:22 AM
I thought it was the pretenders? :rof:

Thats reserved for Dudley isn't it? :wink:

The Majestic Swan
29-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Well Hello Again,
I do apologize for not submitting a match report last week, but i was unable to attend said match between The Mighty Swans and Newcastle Suns. I do however thank the fozphantom for his/hers stirring rendition of my previous match report.
I was informed that it was a great day of football and both sides had their opportunities to take the points in all of the grades but at the end of the day the Suns of Newcastle walked away victorious in 2 out of the 3 grades thanks to some impressive form in front of goal.

Anyways without further a due here is my match report from today's matches.....

It was a cool but sunny day down by the lovely shores of Swansea, prime weather for football one would say.
The day was kicked off as usual by the 3rd grade boys. Fresh of defeat in their previous clash, the Swans were keen to impress and get back to winning ways. The game ended 1 - 1 a fair result for the football that I watched. Swansea had the better of the football, but failed to transfer that into 3 points.
We then move onto Reserve grade where the Swans were able to keep their 100% win record for this season intact with a 1-0 victory. It was never really threatened apart from the opening 10mins, where Jesmond came out firing but failed to convert pressure into goals. Swansea took the lead when the keeper decided he didn't want to catch the ball, but instead assisted it on its way to the back of the net, with an embarrassing attempt at a parry.
I spoke to Swansea's reserve grade keeper at the end of the match because he was apparently spotted down the road at the local workers club having a beer during the game, as he was really not needed at all in this match.

We now move onto the main game. The Swans fresh of hard FFA Cup match where they again took Cooks hill to a penalty shootout, unfortunately they were unable to advance in that competition due to a couple of missed penalties. This form would unfortunately carry over to today's match with our captain missing from the spot during the first half.
This was a game of missed opportunities with Swans unable to convert numerous chances. The Swans were able to go ahead through their inform Reserve grade striker who got the call up to start. Jesmond were able to equalize late in the second half and both sides had their chances to walk away with the win.
Jesmond were capable of holding their own at times but looked very shaky in defending set pieces and need a little work on playing as team, at times frustrations boiled over and the Jesmond boys fought each other and at times the referee, which resulted in mulitple cards shown to the men in Red & Black.

Highlight of the day was watching the Jesmond coach strut the side line looking like he had just come off stage from playing in an Oasis tribute show. Classic
All in all a good day for the Mighty Swansea Swans.
Anyways the Swans make the journey to Bero next week, hoping that a few extra days between games will help refuel the tanks.

Majestic signing off

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
30-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Swansea v Jesmond just about covered above.
Firstly, Oasis trubute band. Brilliant! And that's from the person in question.
3rds an even game albeit a typical 3rd grade scrap. 1 1
Reggies outplayed to go down 0 1. If you're going to be overly critical of individual players get the facts right. It was a deflected own goal off the head of an outfield player and gk had next to no chance.
1sts i have Swansea marginally the better side on the day. You did get a dubious pen that thankfully wasnt converted, we had a clearer pen not awarded and we had a 1 on 1 for last kick of the game. As key moments happen in both boxes we could have taken the 3 based on those points above but it would have been a harsh result for you i admit that. We will take 1 1.
Pretty good day for our club playing an established ZPL mob at a tough venue whilst we find our feet and I doubt we will travel weaker all year.
Good luck as season continues. Great sheds out there!

Nou Camp
30-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Suns vs kotara at Nesbitt
1sts 6-0
Res 1-0
3rds 6-1

hawk
30-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Dudley V Cardiff
3rd 5-0
res 3-3
1st 4-0

Dudley on top. Cardiff player sent near h/t. sliding tackle, many players did similar. ref couldnt wait to ruin the game.

anfield
30-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Dudley V Cardiff
3rd 5-0
res 3-3
1st 4-0

Dudley on top. Cardiff player sent near h/t. sliding tackle, many players did similar. ref couldnt wait to ruin the game.

I cant comment on particular tackle and red card as I wasnt at the ground. I will say that Referees in general need to start showing red cards for some of the dangerous , crude tackles that often go unpunished.
At the end of the day everyone has to go to work, uni or whatever. Over the pass few years some of the tackles have got worse. Im more then happy if they show straight reds to dangerous tackles.
I repeat, this isnt directed at cardiff send off. Its a general comment.

The Spy
01-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Warners Bay v Bero
2-2 Firsts
0-2 Ressies
1-1 Thirds
Bay first Grade 2-1 up with 5 to go. Controversial decision by the referee, who was the only person in Warners Bay and surrounding suburbs to not see the handball by the Bero striker for their equalizer. But thats football.

Wilso8948
01-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Warners Bay v Bero
2-2 Firsts
0-2 Ressies
1-1 Thirds
Bay first Grade 2-1 up with 5 to go. Controversial decision by the referee, who was the only person in Warners Bay and surrounding suburbs to not see the handball by the Bero striker for their equalizer. But thats football.

I live in Tronno. Tell Fish I didn't see it.

The Spy
01-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I live in Tronno. Tell Fish I didn't see it.

:rof:

Where you standing behind Rolo?

Wilso8948
01-05-2017, 02:20 PM
:rof:

Where you standing behind Rolo?

I wouldn't see anything then would I? Got better things to do on a Sunday then watch a bunch of Schnitzel eaters sorry. Although WB is a nice place on a Sundy arvo.

rolo
01-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I am much heavier now. Would be a shit view

namwob99
01-05-2017, 07:14 PM
I am much heavier now. Would be a shit view
Fairly certain he would've been talking about the extra glare!

The Spy
05-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Whys everyone so quiet? Give me some banter. Surely the Invincibles will lose this week? Will the Majestics get plucked?

Lofty
06-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Cardiff and Suns today will be remembering Chad Hugo who tragically lost his life in a car accident late last year on his way to wor. Chad is a former player of both clubs and just an all round good bloke. Looking forward to a to what will be an emotional day for a lot of former team mates.

Tips for the weekend;

Suns v Cardiff - Suns in a close one.
Jesmond v Kotara - Jesmond
Mayfield v Warners Bay - Mayfield
Dudley v Uni - Dudley
Beresfield v Swansea - Draw

Lofty
06-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Whys everyone so quiet? Give me some banter. Surely the Invincibles will lose this week? Will the Majestics get plucked?

If the majestics get plucked tomorrow, it could see them fall 7 points behind third and potentially 11 points off first early in the season. Won't see them too far off that top 4 target though. Nothing is won in May by any means though!

HeyDuggee
06-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Cardiff and Suns today will be remembering Chad Hugo who tragically lost his life in a car accident late last year on his way to wor. Chad is a former player of both clubs and just an all round good bloke. Looking forward to a to what will be an emotional day for a lot of former team mates.

Tips for the weekend;

Suns v Cardiff - Suns in a close one.
Jesmond v Kotara - Jesmond
Mayfield v Warners Bay - Mayfield
Dudley v Uni - Dudley
Beresfield v Swansea - Draw

The Tigers have arrived in the comp

1sts. CARDIFF 3 - 0 Suns
Res. CARDIFF 5 - 3 Suns
3rds CARDIFF 4 - 1 Suns

outsider
06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
MAYFIELD V WARNERS BAY

1st Grade 0-2
Reggies 6-0
Third 2-0
Three reasonable games of football.

NUGUNS
06-05-2017, 08:48 PM
1sts. CARDIFF 3 - 0 Suns

Suns missing one or two players? Seemed to lack a little creativity with the long ball seemed to be their only strategy.

As the second went in for Cardiff the Suns didn't look like scoring and seemed to lack enthusiasm.

Will be interesting how they go next week, might be a bit of a reality check.

4attheback
06-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Rough start for mayfield in 1sts considering they were minor premiers last season are they missing a few?

Nou Camp
06-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Suns missing one or two players? Seemed to lack a little creativity with the long ball seemed to be their only strategy.

As the second went in for Cardiff the Suns didn't look like scoring and seemed to lack enthusiasm.

Will be interesting how they go next week, might be a bit of a reality check.

Missing a few but absolutely no excuses
We were bad and deservedly paid the price

KSSFC
06-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Jesmond vs Kotara
1st 1-2
Res 1-1
3rds 4-0

Shere Khan
07-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Thanks to the Suns for being part of a great day in rememberance of Chaddy.
The day was played in great spirit, crowd was awesome and thanks to the ref for working with us.

As for the football I think we were just up for it on the day.
After being punished by Dudley last Sunday we played much better with the win over them mid week then to aim up against the Suns hopefully we've found our groove.

The Spy
08-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Anyone know Bero and the Swans result?

ForeverRed
08-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Bero won

ThreeTwo
08-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Anyone know Bero and the Swans result?

1sts: 3-0
Resis: 0-3
3rds: 2-1

The Spy
08-05-2017, 12:28 PM

Not gunna say told you so, but....

KSSFC
08-05-2017, 05:31 PM
what was the dudley vs Uni result

NUGUNS
08-05-2017, 06:13 PM
what was the dudley vs Uni result

1 - 0 Dudley in First
5 - 2 Dudley in Res
2 - 0 Dudley in 3rds

The Spy
12-05-2017, 12:13 PM
I'll kickstart the fearless predictions for this week...
Swans to beat Mayf
Uni and Cardiff to draw
Suns and Jesmond to draw
Bay to beat Dudley
Bero to beat Kotara

Paying plenty on Sportsbet too

ThreeTwo
12-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Swampy
Unicorns
Suns
Duds