Jets u17 defeated Adamstown 1st grade 3-1

soccernut
13-02-2017, 05:38 PM
More trial results.

u14's Adamstown 5 v Warners Bay 0

u16's Adamstown 1 v Warners Bay 1

Mumbler
20-02-2017, 01:31 AM
Adamstown Rosebud Juniors WPL have had a player move to Queensland recently which has left us 1 short in our 16 Girls team. If you are interested in having a run with the team, or know someone who may be interested, please email budswpl@hotmail.com or ring 0409 655 957 for more information.

late_to_the_game
28-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Merewether Trial games vs Mariners Academy - they play NPL2 in Sydney. I think the EJets are in NPL1

Merewether 14's lost 3-0 to Mariners 13's
Merewether 16's lost 3-0 to Mariners 15's
Merewether 18's drew with their 17's
Merewether 1st grade won 3-2

Good hit out for everyone concerned.

late_to_the_game
28-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Merewether U18's have just lost a player who moved to Tamworth. Anyone who might be interested please call Scott on 0412 988408. We are looking for an U18 player, not an over age player.

Goatscheese
09-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Kick's off this weekend folks, any predictions? I'm saying Mereweather will be up there with Wallsand and Southy for 1st grade, Adamstown will struggle to make the top 4 if rumours coming out of their camp is correct. Understand in the 14's Wallsend will be the one to beat along with Adamstown 16's.

Also did anyone see the picture on the Herald Women's Premier League Facebook page posted today? They used last year's captain photos to make the graphic, pretty poor form from Northern's media team considering they did a photo shoot earlier this week

soccernut
12-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Kick's off this weekend folks, any predictions? I'm saying Mereweather will be up there with Wallsand and Southy for 1st grade, Adamstown will struggle to make the top 4 if rumours coming out of their camp is correct. Understand in the 14's Wallsend will be the one to beat along with Adamstown 16's.

Also did anyone see the picture on the Herald Women's Premier League Facebook page posted today? They used last year's captain photos to make the graphic, pretty poor form from Northern's media team considering they did a photo shoot earlier this week

Warners Bay u16's 3 defeated Adamstown u16's nil

Goatscheese
12-03-2017, 06:30 PM

I said they were one to beat.

late_to_the_game
12-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Merewether 1sts 5-0 up at ht. 6-0 at ft. (Vs Southy)
The girls had fun today!

late_to_the_game
27-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Early prediction, Wallsend 14s to be in the GF.

late_to_the_game
09-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Hell of a game Warners Bay vs Merewether. 2-1 to Merewether, who were down to ten after GK sent off in the 26th minute.
Red card and penalty - not what the rules have been changed to??? (keeper had a bad touch, ball got away and she tried (and succeeded) pulling down the Warners Bay player.
Any rules experts out there?

Ref decides the match, all three goals were penalties.

Stryker
09-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Still a red card. Pulling at your opponent is not considered an attempt to play the ball.

late_to_the_game
09-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Still a red card. Pulling at your opponent is not considered an attempt to play the ball.
Thanks, did a bit of research and I agree. Was written up as Violent Conduct which my by understanding is for off the ball incidents.

Stryker
12-04-2017, 08:20 PM
If what your saying is correct and there was no off the ball incident, that 'reason' for the RC is incorrect. Sounds like an oversight

Goatscheese
13-04-2017, 10:35 PM
If what your saying is correct and there was no off the ball incident, that 'reason' for the RC is incorrect. Sounds like an oversight

Well grabbing the player as she is chasing the ball and pulling down the player is most certainly a red card especially as the player was between the goals and the second to last player on the opposing side.

There was a lot of anger from the Merewether benches jumping up and down about it can't be a red card and a penalty becuase of this double-punishment rule. What they obviously didn't know was what is listed below, I've bolded why the ref was right to send off the player and award the penalty.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own
penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and
the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:
• The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
• The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no
possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
• The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on
the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)
In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

As for calling it violent contact below is the definition of violent contact and can be considered the correct call (again bolding mine)

Violent conduct
An action, which is not a challenge for the ball, which uses or attempts to use
excessive force or brutality against an opponent or when a player deliberately
strikes someone on the head or face unless the force used is negligible

late_to_the_game, how many weeks was she given?

The player that took over should fill in again she was pretty good. Props to Merewether for hanging in there and winning two penalties to give them the game

late_to_the_game
26-04-2017, 10:37 PM
6-0 Win to Merewether over Adamstown. Merewether missing 3 important players, not sure if Adamstown were missing any.

b0bog0go
18-05-2017, 02:16 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: gclub มือถือ (https://www.9gclub.com/)

late_to_the_game
18-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Where is everyone???? Sounds like the Adamstown 1st grade girls are enjoying football again....

Heard they were playing some good football.

Goatscheese
23-06-2017, 06:23 PM
So did the NPL Adamstown kick the WPL off #1 this weekend and force them over to Speers Point? Saw on facebook that it was moved due to anticipated wet weather of which the forecast was 0mm since Monday as their former star striker pointed out.

Or is Adamstown so rich they can afford to lose a home game and the canteen money that goes with it?

Not Maradona
23-06-2017, 10:34 PM
So did the NPL Adamstown kick the WPL off #1 this weekend and force them over to Speers Point? Saw on facebook that it was moved due to anticipated wet weather of which the forecast was 0mm since Monday as their former star striker pointed out.

Or is Adamstown so rich they can afford to lose a home game and the canteen money that goes with it?

The ground was damaged after the NPL matches against Edgeworth on Sunday and has been closed all week. The NPL club has worked all week to repair it.

NPL youth teams been looking at options to move their games also to ease pressure on the pitch this weekend.

Goatscheese
25-06-2017, 12:05 PM
The ground was damaged after the NPL matches against Edgeworth on Sunday and has been closed all week. The NPL club has worked all week to repair it.

NPL youth teams been looking at options to move their games also to ease pressure on the pitch this weekend.

Went and watched my nephew play on there yesterday (Saturday) and held up quite well. Perhaps the WPL club got tricked so the women wouldn't put pressure on the pitch.

Barry Dawson
26-06-2017, 11:03 AM
There has not been any discussion in this thread regarding the article in last week's Herald regarding NNSW review of WPL?
It is a good thing?
Is apathy of the Clubs the problem the article suggests?

GO AWAY
29-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Id like to know, how a ground that has copped constant bagging this year with its field surface, gets to the host the WPL Grand Finals ????

Goatscheese
29-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Id like to know, how a ground that has copped constant bagging this year with its field surface, gets to the host the WPL Grand Finals ????

Which one has been given it?

Goatscheese
29-06-2017, 09:11 PM
There has not been any discussion in this thread regarding the article in last week's Herald regarding NNSW review of WPL?
It is a good thing?

Might work in changing to a 1st Grade, reserves, U17, U15 and U13 keep half decent girls in without them having to go and is not doing it at the expense of the younger age groups that struggle for numbers and quality.

The issue might have been that the surverys were sent to the wrong people. Also how do they expect these clubs to bring their fields up to NPL standard in 3 years time?

Heard Northern have also decided (and rightly) against allowing an 8th team to enter.

GO AWAY
30-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Which one has been given it?

Edgy

Stryker
30-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Where else would the game be played with enough seating?

GO AWAY
30-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Macquarie Field, Lyall Peacock, Cahill Oval, Lisle Carr, Adamstown Oval

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Would be happy to give it to Adamstown considering they actually have a team in the comp.

KSSFC
30-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Where else would the game be played with enough seating?

What about playing at one of the best fields in Newcastle.

While darling street doesn't have the number of seating available like other grounds, its a grand final, and should be played on the best pitches. There is enough space behind the goals and on the main side to sit / stand and enjoy good football played on a top pitch.

late_to_the_game
02-07-2017, 08:26 PM
It is a good thing?

I would really like to say more on this, but will say

Don't tar all the clubs because one (maybe) two clubs failed to respond.
All the club administrators I have talked to are a little annoyed with the tone of the article.

late_to_the_game
02-07-2017, 08:28 PM
What about playing at one of the best fields in Newcastle.

While darling street doesn't have the number of seating available like other grounds, its a grand final, and should be played on the best pitches. There is enough space behind the goals and on the main side to sit / stand and enjoy good football played on a top pitch.

Would love to see it at Hamilton. The work they put into their field is on par with Magic.

late_to_the_game
23-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Anyone at the Southy vs Wallsend 1st grade game care to fill us in on it being abandoned? I saw some interesting photos that have since been removed.

Does that mean it is called a draw, or neither team gets any points?

Not Maradona
23-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Anyone at the Southy vs Wallsend 1st grade game care to fill us in on it being abandoned? I saw some interesting photos that have since been removed.

Melee in 30th minute, NNSWF to rule on replay.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4807324/wild-melee-ends-womens-premier-league-soccer-clash-photos/?cs=12&utm_source=latestnews&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Latest%20news%20traffic#slide=1

Goatscheese
23-07-2017, 11:22 PM

According to Northern's regulations, the decision is up to Northern as to what happens after their investigation.

Where were the photos you saw? The Herald have a few.

Rather hilarious actually.

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Bring back the biff, was Reg Reagan there ?

football_macigian23
25-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Bring back the biff, was Reg Reagan there ?

Interesting call from Northern not to replay the fixture!! Everyones thoughts?

GO AWAY
25-07-2017, 09:57 AM

South Wallsend would be filthy, id be more inclined to play it again, charge $5 entry at NNSW Park and donate to the Rhonda Rousey foundation, sell vodka cruisers and Bacardi breezers at $10 a pop, keep all the canteen expenses, make money from hiring the field, lock the gates after they kickoff and we could all stand around the cage and let the girls go for round 2 while we are drinking ciders............... I should be on NNSW marketing department.

Goatscheese
04-08-2017, 04:42 PM

And where did the two teams end up? Warner's Bay failed to make the finals, the only WB team not to

Goatscheese
04-08-2017, 04:43 PM

South Wallsend were losing at the time anyway and finished 4 points outside of the finals so wouldn't have made a difference

soccernut
04-08-2017, 08:03 PM
And where did the two teams end up? Warner's Bay failed to make the finals, the only WB team not to

Yes it is a bit of a sore point with the u16team and the club.

Unfortunately for the u16 team the Jets decided to take away the teams striker to the state titles when the team had a double header that weekend. That was the difference between the team finishing second or 5th. Says a lot about what the comp means to various officials.

The team and the girls are gutted, the girl could have played the games on the weekend and still have made it to state to play for the Jets but the Jets/NNSW said she had to travel up in the team bus or not play for the Jets.

The club and the team wanted the girl to play for the Jets at state titles but unfortunately for the team the Jets/NNSW Football would not compromise and the team/girls ended up paying the price.

connery
04-08-2017, 09:26 PM
The team has always travelled together and their should be no exception or compromise as these girls are and should be the best in NNSW, i am sure the player would have had the option to do one or the other , as much as a club would like to keep their players its rare for someone out of a rep programs to be picked . Its usually just the jets players , she must be exceptional or they were short of players, it would have been a much better experience to play for your state against the best in the nation compared to a team that probably rely on her to win games as it sounds like they struggled without her . Either way hope she does well

connery
04-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Heard south wallsend where seeking legal action ? Any word ?

soccernut
04-08-2017, 10:16 PM
The team has always travelled together and their should be no exception or compromise as these girls are and should be the best in NNSW, i am sure the player would have had the option to do one or the other , as much as a club would like to keep their players its rare for someone out of a rep programs to be picked . Its usually just the jets players , she must be exceptional or they were short of players, it would have been a much better experience to play for your state against the best in the nation compared to a team that probably rely on her to win games as it sounds like they struggled without her . Either way hope she does well

Yes she had the choice of travelling with the jets in the bus or not playing for them.

soccernut
04-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Heard south wallsend where seeking legal action ? Any word ?

They were a no show at the NNSW WPL meeting on Monday.

soccernut
04-08-2017, 10:46 PM
If you go on the New Lambton Website they have a new tab at the top right of their website page that say's Women's premier.

I guess that confirms they are the eighth club that is coming into the comp next year.

connery
05-08-2017, 06:38 AM
They were a no show at the NNSW WPL meeting on Monday.
Southy out ? New lambton in ? Possibility, just looked at the ladders ,only 16s in the semis for southy , regardless of results a poor structured club as i have been told, 1st year in they had all the rep kids from newcastle football , 3 yrs in development pathway is non existent their
Hard to attract players with poor facilities and the worst pitch in newcastle
Do New lambton know something everyone else doesnt ?

sammydog
05-08-2017, 06:52 AM
If you go on the New Lambton Website they have a new tab at the top right of their website page that say's Women's premier.

I guess that confirms they are the eighth club that is coming into the comp next year.

It's been the rumour for months amongst the clubs that they had been accepted next year despite NNSW saying no teams would be considered until the current review of the comp was completed.

Given the size of their junior girls numbers, I think they deserve to be there.

connery
05-08-2017, 11:17 AM
It's been the rumour for months amongst the clubs that they had been accepted next year despite NNSW saying no teams would be considered until the current review of the comp was completed.

Agree alot of young kids at the club, unfortunately no 1st grade or 18s , interesting to see if cash will be offered as their was this year and ends up being a 2 horse race .

Goatscheese
05-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Yes it is a bit of a sore point with the u16team and the club.

Unfortunately for the u16 team the Jets decided to take away the teams striker to the state titles when the team had a double header that weekend. That was the difference between the team finishing second or 5th. Says a lot about what the comp means to various officials.

The team and the girls are gutted, the girl could have played the games on the weekend and still have made it to state to play for the Jets but the Jets/NNSW said she had to travel up in the team bus or not play for the Jets.

The club and the team wanted the girl to play for the Jets at state titles but unfortunately for the team the Jets/NNSW Football would not compromise and the team/girls ended up paying the price.

Hmmm, seems odd that the Emerging Jets have a player playing for a WPL club and not playing for the Emerging Jets like every other player in the team. Is she in the Emerging Jets and not playing in their competition?

Of course doesn't say much for the team if you are only relying on one player. Would the striker have stopped 6 goals going in on one of those games? Would she have scored 7 goals?

Goatscheese
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Southy out ? New lambton in ? Possibility, just looked at the ladders ,only 16s in the semis for southy , regardless of results a poor structured club as i have been told, 1st year in they had all the rep kids from newcastle football , 3 yrs in development pathway is non existent their
Hard to attract players with poor facilities

Well those players made the grand final in U16s and made finals in U18s. They have dispersed a bit and buggered off the coach. I doubt they are dropping Southy

and the worst pitch in newcastle

That's Myamblah crescent you are thinking of not Walker Fields.

Do New lambton know something everyone else doesnt ?

Thought it was known that both Weston and New Lambton went for it and New Lambton out.

Goatscheese
05-08-2017, 09:11 PM

But is the quality there? Why aren't these girls playing in current WPL clubs, some are struggling for quality players.

Barry Dawson
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Nice spotting - but the Premier Women tab has been there since the club regigged the website at the end of last year - after promotion to NEWFM. I guess it was wishful thinking.
Been no secret - the club has been pushing for a WPL place for a few years now.
The club has not heard anything at this stage regarding 2018 - waiting for next NNSW Board Meeting for update.

Barry Dawson
05-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Last year was the first year in WPL history (?) where a club did not drop out.
Did any new club have a full contingent of quality players in year 1?
New Lambton's development programs are heading into year 3 and providing great results.
It is only a matter of time before the club is accepted. Over 460 girls, development focus and delivering a women's program that is not a men's program rebadged. FFA just finished a case study on the club's model. Something must be working.

soccernut
05-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Hmmm, seems odd that the Emerging Jets have a player playing for a WPL club and not playing for the Emerging Jets like every other player in the team. Is she in the Emerging Jets and not playing in their competition?

Of course doesn't say much for the team if you are only relying on one player. Would the striker have stopped 6 goals going in on one of those games? Would she have scored 7 goals?

She is a Warners Bay registered player and the Jets invited her to go to state and she would have made the difference against Thornton on the Sunday and due to how even the comp was that was the difference between finishing second or fifth.

She is playing first grade for the rest of the year and no doubt the jets will pick her up next year on a full time basis.

soccernut
05-08-2017, 11:31 PM
New Lambton's development programs are heading into year 3 and providing great results.
It is only a matter of time before the club is accepted. Over 460 girls, development focus and delivering a women's program that is not a men's program rebadged. FFA just finished a case study on the club's model. Something must be working.

They should be allowed in. I hope they are admitted.

Goatscheese
06-08-2017, 09:36 AM
She is a Warners Bay registered player and the Jets invited her to go to state and she would have made the difference against Thornton on the Sunday and due to how even the comp was that was the difference between finishing second or fifth.

She is playing first grade for the rest of the year and no doubt the jets will pick her up next year on a full time basis.

So she would've stopped six goals from going in? Shame she couldn't have made the difference in their final game as well. Does a team that has no depth and relies solely on one player deserve to be in the finals?

soccernut
06-08-2017, 02:07 PM
So she would've stopped six goals from going in? Shame she couldn't have made the difference in their final game as well. Does a team that has no depth and relies solely on one player deserve to be in the finals?

The Thornton game was only a 1 nil loss. Her and most of the team were sick with the FLU in the last game but you can cop that as it happens and its out of peoples control who are supposed to be administrating a competition on behalf of the clubs.

You take an outstanding player out of most teams and they are not the same. The whole competition was discredited when NNSW Football/Jets were allowed to take the player/players away from clubs mid season. There was no need for them to do it as they had other existing Jets that they could have taken.

Trial her at the end of the year like they usually do and take her into next years emerging Jets intake before she commits to a club team.

connery
06-08-2017, 09:21 PM

its the 3rd year of teams not pulling out . And when Bay ,southy and wallsend came in they had quality teams ready to go in most grades , i think all 3 came from zone premier , out of 460 be interesting to see how many quality kids are at the wpl level at the moment, i would presume not many
No doubt new lambton are doing great things for football and they would be a great inclusion in time if not next year, but hopefully a business arrogance doesnt overshadows what Football is about on and off the field

late_to_the_game
24-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Just in case people don't know already (has been mentioned in the press)
New Lambton in
U14/U17/U20+five over age/1sts

Some possibility of dual registering players from inter-district, with a possible limit on number of games played.

I have concerns about the U17 age group, I think we will see a lot of U15's drop back to inter-district and then come back in the following year.
There is a big physical development spread between 15 year old girls and 17 year olds.

My preference would have been to keep U16's. At 17 the good girls could play U20's, and also know themselves if they want to keep at the WPL level or just play socially.

The change from U18 to U20 is to try and bridge the gap in quality between U18's and 1st grade.

p.s. Awesome grand final :grin:

Goatscheese
27-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Just in case people don't know already (has been mentioned in the press)
New Lambton in
U14/U17/U20+five over age/1sts

Some possibility of dual registering players from inter-district, with a possible limit on number of games played.

I have concerns about the U17 age group, I think we will see a lot of U15's drop back to inter-district and then come back in the following year.
There is a big physical development spread between 15 year old girls and 17 year olds.

My preference would have been to keep U16's. At 17 the good girls could play U20's, and also know themselves if they want to keep at the WPL level or just play socially.

The change from U18 to U20 is to try and bridge the gap in quality between U18's and 1st grade.

p.s. Awesome grand final :grin:

Yeah I think we will see a lot of players that are 14 turning 15 this year that will drop out and not be selected. At least there is an 8th team that might keep some of them in. A lot will drop out go to ID or elsewhere and if they enjoy it enough they may stay there and not come back in.

I understand the change from U18 to U20 is to keep more older girls involved there are a number of players that turn 18 and aren't quite good enough for first grade but can't all go back and play in the U18s so they leave either the game or go to AA. Changing it to U20 will help to keep those girls in the comp for longer.

late_to_the_game
22-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Just a quick reminder the NNSW Women's State Cup is on this weekend at Speers Point.

Winners tonight:
Thornton 3-0 after New Lambton forfeited.
Warners Bay over Wallsend 5-1 (I think)
Merewether over Barnsley 9-0
Adamstown over Mayfield 3-0? Not sure what the final score was.

Most WPL teams fielding a combination of 1st grade and U18's.

late_to_the_game
22-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Merewether still looking for a couple of players to finish the U20 squad. See web site for details.

Reds Forever
23-09-2017, 05:15 AM
Just a quick reminder the NNSW Women's State Cup is on this weekend at Speers Point.

Winners tonight:
Thornton 3-0 after New Lambton forfeited.
Warners Bay over Wallsend 5-1 (I think)
Merewether over Barnsley 9-0
Adamstown over Mayfield 3-0? Not sure what the final score was.

Most WPL teams fielding a combination of 1st grade and U18's.

Not a good look for New Lambton. Gain entry into WPL and then go and forfeit their match.

Any reasons why they forfeited?

Imyourhero
23-09-2017, 07:44 AM
They didn't know they were playing apparently

sammydog
23-09-2017, 09:15 AM
They didn't know they were playing apparently

There was 4 teams drop out so they modified the draw to 4 groups of 4 instead of the original five groups.

Shame for them that for whatever reason the change wasn't passed onto the club/team.

Retro Jet
23-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Cooks Hill 2 c Far Nth Coast 0
Cooks Hill 0 v Warners Bay WPL 10