PDA

View Full Version : Bernardo Ribeiro

Guerny
08-08-2012, 01:25 PM
This guy holds Brazilian AND Italian passports but was only playing for six months at Catania because of permit issues??
If he has a passport, how are there permit issues?

Why choose Albania next?

Hmmmm......

On the other hand he does appear to like running around a lot, that will fit in nicely with GVE's "tactics" ...

With him and Zadko in the middle we should look at getting "Energizer Batteries" as our sponsor.

G

Retro Jet
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
N1 foti68 for that insider a little while back.
That source is reliable :)

Who's next mate? lol

pv4
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
did he have his Italian passport before/during his Italian stint, or do you think the permit issue might have been when he was trying to actually get it?

Bon
08-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Not sure how to link the video from this page.. But Jets just posted this on Facey:
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Bernardo-Ribeiro-arrives-in-Newcastle/48454

david silva
08-08-2012, 05:20 PM
i reckon he'll be good. looks pretty good on youtube, should fit the system nicely

GazFish35
08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Dravondi looked good on YouTube.
Jardel WAS great in real life.

stopper2
08-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Not sure how to link the video from this page.. But Jets just posted this on Facey:
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Bernardo-Ribeiro-arrives-in-Newcastle/48454

"I come here to.....to win". Love the interview!!!
He actually speaks pretty good English. Without getting too carried away I just have a good gut feeling about Bernardo.

Grunta
08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
We'll know soon enough if he's worth his socks. Hopefully he will be what we need and GVE will be the next Ange.

pv4
09-08-2012, 07:01 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399538_3586807185700_1718465594_n.jpg

pv4
09-08-2012, 10:45 AM
just saw ribeiro walk into the forum, walking alongside gallaway. firstly, gallaway looks like he's wasting a roster spot for us. secondly, ribeiro is tiny.

hawk
09-08-2012, 11:13 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399538_3586807185700_1718465594_n.jpg

:grin:

front2
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
just saw ribeiro walk into the forum, walking alongside gallaway. firstly, gallaway looks like he's wasting a roster spot for us. secondly, ribeiro is tiny.

Younger version of Vigs ?

seldom
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
looks seedy...bernie out !

vikingjet
14-08-2012, 08:10 PM
He's no Denni.

militiamon
18-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Actually looked pretty good, only saw him in parts but what I can tell straight away is:

1) He's very quick, has really good acceleration and knows when to use it
2) He has a good range of passes, casually pulled off an outside-of-the-boot chip without batting an eyelid

I wouldn't say he was absolutely amazing, he didn't really end up doing much, but at least we know we don't have another Drovandi, may Griff bless his soul.

This guy definitely needs to be playing more though, if GVE plans on using him as a starting player then he needs to be starting him in these pre-season friendlies. It did take him a while to fit in when he first came on, and even then there were some awkward moments.

MFKS
18-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Bit harsh I thought even against 8 man in a 25 min cameo he has already officially claimed the title of greatest ever Jets import. Whoever signed him can now sign 6 Jardels and 3 Drovandis now before there is any fair calls for their head.

Was most impressed with his touch dribbling and vision. His shooting though!!! Jesic like. Looks like we have found our new version of Nicky Carle in some regards though I see a lot of Gianfranco Zola in young Bruno. Fitness will come in time remember he has only been here 2 weeks or so.

Very encouraging though

militiamon
18-08-2012, 08:50 PM
The Member is right in his descriptions, although I don't know what he meant by the Jesic comparison, his shooting was nowhere near as good as that.

I mostly didn't want to hype him for people who weren't there, but he does look promising.

MFKS
18-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't let Jesic's 6 yard trickler fool you. His shooting was shite could have easily and should have had a hat trick. What was that effort when the Jets put him away straight after the restart after Dura got sent?? It was Frannie Jeffers like

FFS Zadko would have scored a hat trick with the chance Jesic squandered tonight and that is taking into account Zadko's propensity for scatter gun approach to shooting accurately

Jetmaster
18-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Rubez wouldn't have been on the field to get a hat trick - he'd have been sent after the brawl for sure !

parksey
19-08-2012, 02:49 AM
heard his schlong touched the corner flag at one point

toad
19-08-2012, 08:13 PM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/55248,jets-to-unleash-%E2%80%9Cexcitement-machine%E2%80%9D.aspx

:rof:

Thomas477
19-08-2012, 10:33 PM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/55248,jets-to-unleash-%E2%80%9Cexcitement-machine%E2%80%9D.aspx

:rof:

:sigh:

It also mentions that Nicky Carle was a beloved Jets player. Not anymore the bastard.

furns
20-08-2012, 01:25 PM
tbh I thought the article was referring to this
http://www.celebrities.pl/gabrielle_richens/gabrielle1.jpg

and if you dont get the reference, its still a pic of bewbs.

Tommyjet
21-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Couldn't help but think about gianfranco zola the other night while watching young bernardo. Want to see him start next game so we can see him under real pressure

pv4
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
was just in south america & was in a tour-group with a brazilian who is flamengo obsessed. after quizzing him about ribeiro, the guy said he was one of his favourite youth prospects of all time & absolutely loves the guy. said he's never seen a player want the ball as much as ribeiro does. he reckons we've got a definite gem in the bloke.

personally i still haven't seen him play apart from his youtube stuff, but he's got some good feedback from past days at least.

q-money
10-10-2012, 02:46 PM
guess yer mate will be disappointed, he's already been consigned to dutchy's scrapheap of import history

au revoir
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Bernardo "Patafta" Ribeiro, innit

Bon
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Bernardo "Patafta" Ribeiro, innit

You got it.. Not quite up to the status of Drovandi yet..

Grimario
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
He hasn't hit the post yet so he sure ain't no Zura either.

Zico
11-10-2012, 08:14 AM
The bloke can play and should be starting.

OmeletteDuFromage
13-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Played really well for the few minutes he was on. Would like him to start.

plague
13-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Came on when we were a rabble. Him and Bridges settled it down. Wouldn't change starting team after tonight's showing but hope he gets his chance soon.

seldom
13-10-2012, 10:21 PM
playing him out of position but hey.Your right Bridges is running more freely this year...happy for him to get more field time

GazFish35
13-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Didn't look like the usual import who needs weeks to find their feet.
Came on and played like he'd been here for years.
Looks the goods.

Caveat..... Sydney were pretty bad.

seldom
13-10-2012, 10:37 PM
your right sydney were shite...think wanderers will just nudge em out for the wooden spoon

Grunta
14-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Must say his speed was expected but his ability to get the height he was getting chasing the high balls was a surprise. And he can defend as well.

stopper2
14-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Me and my young bloke love this guy....he seems to be such a character. The moment after the game when heas talking with big Heskey was gold. They were obviously talking about Bernardo's saving header off the goal-line and having a laugh.
I think GVE is just easing him into the HAL but I have no doubts that he will play a big role for us this season. He is just one of those rare players who you get excited about when he touches the ball.

Portillo
14-10-2012, 10:45 AM
He played pretty good yesterday.

seldom
16-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Love the wishbone...give him a run ay !

plague
16-10-2012, 10:05 PM
clearance off the line was awesome.
Cant find footage but it looked kind of like this.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1557057/ballface.gif

Jeterpool
17-10-2012, 07:23 AM
clearance off the line was awesome.
Cant find footage but it looked kind of like this.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1557057/ballface.gif

Bravo

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:16 PM
looked great tonight until some gumby in a bad suit thought he'd have more impact sitting on a bench.

sammydog
08-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Best player on the park till he was removed. Was creative and popping up all over the place.

How Brown stayed on was beyond me.

Jeterpool
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Best player on the park till he was removed. Was creative and popping up all over the place.

How Brown stayed on was beyond me.

Totally agree

stopper2
09-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Work this one out.....GVE states that he likes to play an up-tempo possession game. The first player he takes off in the game last night is his best player at keeping possession and finding his team-mates with every pass!!!
WTF is going on here???

09-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Simply not one of GVE's boys. We know GVE plays favourites, did it his first time around the club and doing it again.

F&*k i hate our coach and his side kick muppet Deans. At least Ange has the nads to fess up to putting in a shit coaching effort. Time to man up GVE and do a Crooky.

demon
10-12-2012, 09:08 AM
I am impressed more and more as he plays, the running off the ball, the constant communication with Heskey as opposing sides try and play out from the back, how deep he is willing to drop to receive the ball. All of those go missed because he hasn't got the ball but he has been producing them on a far higher level than Brown it appears to me.

The vision he showed with one or two long range changes of attack direction were nice but he still had a quiet game in terms of actual attack. He needs to be getting more shots on goal in that role to become a regular, his advantage is he is still so young and can continue to adapt and improve here IF there is the foresight to make sure he is retained.

It is hard to judge the midfielders without knowing what their game instructions were. Ruben seemed to be quite....... was that due to an attempt to stem the teams yellow cards? Was it as a direct change from GVE in what he wanted from him in the game? Was he just having a less dominant night?

Similkar of Bernado.... what were the expectations of him from the coaching side? How do you judge him without knowing that? It is a difficult role without that knowledge but from the simple fans perspective he is entertaining, he is attack minded and works hard. Which is what we want from him.

q-money
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
will no doubt get the arse next year for a kid from the AIS

vale ribz

hawk
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
gve put ribs into a forward pressing role. Poor bugger cant run but floggs his ass out then cant do anything with the ball. thanx coaching retards.

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:31 PM
gve put ribs into a forward pressing role. Poor bugger cant run but floggs his ass out then cant do anything with the ball. thanx coaching retards.

The lack of pressing between our Marquee and Bernardo was noted by me. Gypos had all day with these two doing **** all at closing them down. Defending starts from the front. No matter what anyone thinks of the Egg in these dark days and the dark mood over Newy at present with us leaking a shit load of goals something will have to change. Having Heskey and Ribs in the team no matter how many may like it won't last when neither do **** all pressing. One of them will be going and my money won't be on our over priced Marquee

Grunta
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
MFKS How can they press when all we do is hold th eball in the backs (make mistakes and then concede goals). GVE's plan for a high pressing game plan is out the widow when all of our pocession is being done in the backs allowing the opposition plenty of time to settle, rest and and make their moves.

By the time the ball has got to the forwards the moment is lost as opposition are there layin in wait for the attack.

Jeterpool
12-12-2012, 08:53 AM
MFKS How can they press when all we do is hold th eball in the backs (make mistakes and then concede goals). GVE's plan for a high pressing game plan is out the widow when all of our pocession is being done in the backs allowing the opposition plenty of time to settle, rest and and make their moves.

By the time the ball has got to the forwards the moment is lost as opposition are there layin in wait for the attack.

I think he means pressing in defence Grunta

Grunta
12-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I think he means pressing in defence Grunta

"Doh"

cheflyf
13-12-2012, 09:28 AM
He has been dropped for the perth game.... Serioysly wtf

13-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Are you for real ?. Is this just a gee up or what.

Jeterpool
13-12-2012, 10:05 AM
No it's confirmed.

I'm astounded at that decision.

Brown, Pepper, Regan and Bridges also dropped.

Hoole, Tiago, Oxborrow, Mitchell, Taggart and Griffiths all come in.

13-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Ok then over to the GVE out thread FFS.

belchardo
13-12-2012, 10:40 AM
:lol:

:bs:

belchardo
13-12-2012, 10:44 AM
silver lining: brown having a week off.

westjet
13-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Well it was great watching Bernardo in his brief stint at the jets. Dont think we will see him for the remainder of his contract or till Gary gets fired.
Only reason I can work out this choice is that GVE is trying to get out of his contract early so he can take up the Sydney job when Farina doesnt get them to the finals at the end of the year. Cant see any other reason why you would leave out one of the best on ground from the previous game.

howardyou
13-12-2012, 05:11 PM
He was probably dropping a bit too deep in midfield and not sticking close enough to Heskey. But i still thought he was fairly good value.

Shit decision to drop him from the squad.

hauss
13-12-2012, 05:16 PM
another explanation could be the zombie apocalypse.

I'd be really frustrated right now if I hadn't morphed into a prawn sandwich eating spectator.

la bazzle
13-12-2012, 06:06 PM
What a fuking joke. Protest

seldom
14-12-2012, 12:04 AM
R.I.P. Ribs

la bazzle
14-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I hate Gary more then deans

demon
14-12-2012, 01:08 PM
He was probably dropping a bit too deep in midfield and not sticking close enough to Heskey. But i still thought he was fairly good value.

Shit decision to drop him from the squad.

With GVE's tactics that was the expectation though, GVE is not playing a high pressing game into the opposition back line (despite all the pre season claims). I am going to assume because Heskey is not physically a player to do so.

GVE has them dropping deeper and into the central areas to stop opportunities for sides to play out through their central midfielders, ie push them out wide before they can progress, and therefore all options to that side and allows the midfield and defensive lines to push on knowing the ball is contained to a single side of the field.

But I still wish , just every now and then , GVE would give some comments on selction choices. I'm not asking for the weekends tactical plan here (although most oppostions seem to already have that) just a bit of an insight into why players are promoted/dropped.

militiamon
14-12-2012, 02:06 PM
But I still wish , just every now and then , GVE would give some comments on selction choices. I'm not asking for the weekends tactical plan here (although most oppostions seem to already have that) just a bit of an insight into why players are promoted/dropped.

So the player who is being dropped should be criticised by the coach in front of the media? This is basically the worst thing he could do.

Think about it. Not as straight forward as it seems.

(Disclaimer: I think he has made some utterly stupid selections lately as well, but I don't expect him to start bagging out players in public to justify them)

demon
21-12-2012, 02:30 PM
So the player who is being dropped should be criticised by the coach in front of the media? This is basically the worst thing he could do.

Think about it. Not as straight forward as it seems.

(Disclaimer: I think he has made some utterly stupid selections lately as well, but I don't expect him to start bagging out players in public to justify them)

No. Read my words and I never said to criticise or 'bagging players out in public" , I have never agreed with that even in a dressing shed.

What I said was "comments on selction choices" , "a bit of an insight into why players are promoted/dropped". This is not a new concept, coaches have amanged to do so from top leagues down for decades.

If the reason was negative them the simple answer of "form" is usually given, if it was tactical then why not say "we are looking to move from a deep lying forward to two up front" or whatever the case might be.

Tommyjet
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Bump surely he is due another go(at least off the bench) after the poor run of results

belchardo
03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
nah, creative, skilled players who are able to keep the ball aren't really GVE's style.

GazFish35
03-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Was born in the 80's too, so he's no chance.

Thomas477
03-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Bump surely he is due another go(at least off the bench) after the poor run of results

Hopefully either Ribs or Bridges gets another look instead of Brown. Brown is only player I would take out for hm though.

03-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Frigg'n disgrace at the lack of opportunities this bloke has been given. If the team was going well and achieving results you could understand . This bloke not getting a fair crack is total BS from GVE.

la bazzle
03-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Bring back the ribz

WolfMan
03-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Blackmac has alluded to Ribz being a "lazy trainer". If true, I can understand the lack of willingness to throw him a bone.

Nothing more annoying as a coach/manager than a player who trains at less than 100% IMHO

q-money
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM
such a strayan thing to say

Grimario
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Blackmac has alluded to Ribz being a "lazy trainer". If true, I can understand the lack of willingness to throw him a bone.

Nothing more annoying as a coach/manager than a player who trains at less than 100% IMHO

Plus he isn't huge, fast or athletic, definitely has no place in our team.

MFKS
03-01-2013, 12:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_Ribeiro

Bernardo Salim Ribeiro, better known as Bernardo Ribeiro (born 9 October 1989 in Rio de Janeiro), is a Brazilian football player who plays as an attacking midfielder for A-League club Newcastle Jets.

There is the answer we needed blokes too old to play for us.

Plus there is no mention of a stint at the AIS anywhere on his Wiki page

The Dunster
03-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Players who train well and play like crap on game day are a lot more annoying.

Everyone is different. Some players need to be pushed others not so much.

The GVE one method suits all shit clearly isn't working.

pv4
03-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Players who train well and play like crap on game day are a lot more annoying.

like hoffman and virgilli

WolfMan
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I agree with you all, I want to see more of Bernardo. I can just see the perils of playing a supposed poor trainer in front of lads who try their hardest through the week.

Especially since we aren't exactly playing decent football, I say give him a proper shot. A few weeks of at least 60+ minutes to try and get a good midfield combination happening.

The graft of Rubez with the obvious skilful nature of Ribz = winning combo

furns
03-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Engines not good enough according to GVE

The Dunster
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
So , nether Ronaldinho or Maradonna would ever have been given a starting position if GVE was their coach / manager. Tactical genius indeed.

GazFish35
05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Your logic is flawed duster.

Jardel got a few starts

The Dunster
05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Your logic is flawed duster.

Jardel got a few starts

Con forced GVE to start Jardel. GVE wouldn't have played him if it was his decision.

Jardel trained as poorly as he played when he was a Jet. Maradonna and Ronaldinho always stepped up a few levels on match day when it counted.

GazFish35
05-01-2013, 05:03 PM
So we need to get inks on the line, get him to put some pressure on.

05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
So we need to get inks on the line, get him to put some pressure on.

Funny you say that GF. In one of my rare moments at being so annoyed about this lack of opportunity given to Ribeiro i tried to post a comment saying that very same thing on the Herald website.

Did not get posted , must not have made it past a mod on there.

la bazzle
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
So we should be happy that gve gave in to pressure from the owners.... Coward.... Deans out

RedMexican
06-01-2013, 12:37 AM
spoke to him after the match, he even said gary was an fwit nd knows that he is out favour
but hopefully something changes and he gets on the park

My2BobsWorth
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
No chance now

q-money
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
how good are blokes calling the coach a ****wit, that's what, tiago, ribz, reeegz and bridges all in bad boyz inc

belchardo
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
how good are blokes calling the coach a ****wit, that's what, tiago, ribz, reeegz and bridges all in bad boyz inc

could be on to something there. if enough of them say it, he'll have to start picking the better players cause he'll have no favourites left!

RedMexican
07-01-2013, 05:51 PM

ya boy tiago was with him aswell q

Zico
07-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Pretty much sums up every supporters thoughts that I've spoken with. I wish GVE took the Sydney job and left Newy.

07-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Has he lost the dressing room ?.

Disinterested Bystander
07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Has he lost the dressing room ?.

Don't think it will matter if he has, Tinkler won't have the cash to get rid of him before his contract is up so we're stuck with him