PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ernie Merrick Out Thread

The Dunster
24-04-2017, 11:57 PM
He's failed to win a single game with the Jets - Martin Lee needs to show him the door before the next season starts.

hawk
25-04-2017, 10:08 AM
was looking for the unofficial thread, ahhhhct

The Dunster
26-07-2017, 06:23 PM
A two nil loss to the Mariners, and one of the scorers was Hoole. Pack yer bags Bert - we have seen enough.

Grimario
09-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Hi guys.

MFKS
07-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Bloke needs to go

It all down hill now

plague
07-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Can’t defend corners.
Amateur hour.
Merrick out.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-10-2017, 05:10 PM
/thread

5 5 5

Couscous
12-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Seriously, what a dick he was saying that the FFA should investigate that lame Simpsons banner.

He lost me. Ernie out.

Jetmaster
13-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Seriously, what a dick he was saying that the FFA should investigate that lame Simpsons banner.

He lost me. Ernie out.

You are just like Ange and Pep, Gary - hate it when direct football has success.

13-10-2017, 10:36 AM

He lost me. Ernie out.

C'mon Gazza. No matter how much you hate on Mezza a third go at the job is not going to happen ok .

GrantB
16-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Pretty confident Ernie didn't give a toss about the banner personally but he took the opportunity to:

1. To be seen sticking up for his CEO & O'Donovan.
2. He was just trying to wind up the Gypos

Hunter403
16-10-2017, 10:08 AM
I was interested to Ernie taking the opportunity during the game to talk with the young players on the bench. Mid game one on one coaching. Good to see.

Jeterpool
16-10-2017, 10:28 AM
I was interested to Ernie taking the opportunity during the game to talk with the young players on the bench. Mid game one on one coaching. Good to see.

Great share! I didn't see that but it's terrific to see.

Tommyjet
16-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Yeah he has always done that. Always admired that part of his coaching

Roundball Enthusiast
17-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Yeah he has always done that. Always admired that part of his coaching

Interesting reads in the Bernie out thread.

westjet
05-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Wasnt overly excited by his signing as coach when he was first announced but happy to be proved wrong. Got the team playing great football and even able to continue that without Vargas. Cant remember the last time I was confident the team would be able to get something out of every game we play. Well done to Bert and his staff. Great to watch the team play at the moment, had forgotten what it is like to watch the jets play good football.

plague
05-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Wasnt overly excited by his signing as coach when he was first announced but happy to be proved wrong. Got the team playing great football and even able to continue that without Vargas. Cant remember the last time I was confident the team would be able to get something out of every game we play. Well done to Bert and his staff. Great to watch the team play at the moment, had forgotten what it is like to watch the jets play good football.

Wrong thread pal.
Only one 2nd half goal despite being clearly dominant was a disc race.

He basically left Duncan out there with nowt to do all game I’m concerned the keeper will be under done when the big teams come to town.

Still won’t even pick Vargas or Johnny K in the matchday squad. Playing favourites like Patratos.

Blokes got to go.

MFKS
23-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Blokes got to go

For 10 ****ing years we had Kanta as a scapegoat for when we shit

Bloke has somehow managed to make him look not.just competent but putting the Gypo CEO in a spot where he might have to renew his contract asap

Hard to bag any of these cunce at the moment

Hoffman
BK
Middleby

They all solid contributors

The Dunster
23-11-2017, 10:12 PM
We need some posession so we can move Melb around

halo se7en
23-11-2017, 11:28 PM
We need some posession so we can move Melb around

25 shots to 2 with only 52% possession... having the ball is overrated lol

MFKS
23-11-2017, 11:44 PM
25 shots to 2 with only 52% possession... having the ball is overrated lol

GVE spent years ****ing this club with his possession based shit infecting the club

Thank **** we finally moving on

Couscous
24-11-2017, 12:01 AM
This "possession-based shit" just got Australia to the World Cup finals.

leftrightout
24-11-2017, 08:46 AM
It cannot be understated what this man has done for our club.
I love the smirk he has on his face nearly the entire time!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/football/a-league/press-conferences/jets-press-conference!653675

hawk
25-11-2017, 08:25 PM
It cannot be understated what this man has done for our club.
I love the smirk he has on his face nearly the entire time!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/football/a-league/press-conferences/jets-press-conference!653675

wtf has he done. He's using some special magic or we need a drug test cause the improvement isnt natural

Jetmaster
25-11-2017, 10:42 PM
He doesn't dwell on tactical and technical or world clarsh!

He gives his players freedom to express themselves. Our past four coaches were strict on particular systems and basically, football wasn't fun anymore.

belchardo
02-12-2017, 09:32 PM
ernie, if you ever read the foz, you are a ****ing miracle worker.

MFKS
02-12-2017, 09:44 PM
ernie, if you ever read the foz, you are a ****ing miracle worker.

PS

If you do read the foz

Drop Boogaard

He is a ****ing liability FFS

Thanks

belchardo
02-12-2017, 09:48 PM
PS

If you do read the foz

Drop Boogaard

He is a ****ing liability FFS

Thanks

:rof:

hawk
03-12-2017, 01:43 PM
The castle has toppled

boz-monaut
23-12-2017, 12:07 PM
so apperently Merrick learnt football from being in the circus

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/ernie-merrick-my-forefather-the-italian-lion-tamer/#GRLBgmhJ8kL1LXSK.97

I have also obtained this footage of Merrick making the decision to go to clown college

https://i.imgur.com/pf0MK5d.gif

q-money
23-12-2017, 12:22 PM

Retro Jet
31-12-2017, 05:14 PM
"My great aunt was a clairvoyant but often missed sessions due to unforeseen circumstances."

I never saw the family circus in its prime, but I remember as a young boy traveling in an old caravan around the Scottish lowlands.
Gee...lucky we got him before the sCCuM did. If they had known this history, he'd be a shoe in for them!

plague
20-01-2018, 09:33 PM
hey man all praise should be given for the season so far but this loss is squarely on Merrick.
he messed up.

StannyCFCJET
20-01-2018, 09:38 PM
hey man all praise should be given for the season so far but this loss is squarely on Merrick.
he messed up.

I'd blame the players. Merrick says we dont win/play well when we go away from what he wants us to do and we saw that again today

MFKS
20-01-2018, 10:08 PM
he messed up.

Keeps picking Boogaard
Enough said

lquiquer
20-01-2018, 10:10 PM
he messed up.

He messed up big time.....

mic22
20-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Could have been the same last week against CCM.
Only difference is the GK.

hawk
20-01-2018, 10:27 PM
ass glued to the seat. Other gaff was bossing the game with his dog whistling, ref included

plague
20-01-2018, 10:34 PM
I'd blame the players. Merrick says we dont win/play well when we go away from what he wants us to do and we saw that again today

you mean the players that Merrick picked?

Duncan?
Not subbing Boogaard?

Jesus, you're down and chasing a win. Boogaard getting hurt was a blessing. Bring Kanta straight on, if you need a CB he's your man, if you then want to play an extra forward, hook Brown and play 3 at the back.

his only weakness was leaving the team with 10.

which he did.

and they conceded.

thats on him.

Hunter403
20-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Duncan?
Not subbing Boogaard?

Jesus, you're down and chasing a win. Boogaard getting hurt was a blessing. Bring Kanta straight on, if you need a CB he's your man, if you then want to play an extra forward, hook Brown and play 3 at the back.

which he did.

and they conceded.

thats on him.

Spot on

MFKS
20-01-2018, 11:23 PM

Duncan?
Not subbing Boogaard?

which he did.

and they conceded.

thats on him.

Shouldn't have picked Boogaard to start with

But what was he off for 7 minutes with a flesh wound??

Harden the **** up is more appropriate

northern_swan
21-01-2018, 01:10 PM

Duncan?
Not subbing Boogaard?

which he did.

and they conceded.

thats on him.

Agree with what you’ve said, however also contributing to the 3rd goal was the fact that Pato had the shit kicked out of him for the hundredth time in the game and no foul was given, ball gets turned over with effectively 11 v 9 and they score.

plague
21-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Agree with what you’ve said, however also contributing to the 3rd goal was the fact that Pato had the shit kicked out of him for the hundredth time in the game and no foul was given, ball gets turned over with effectively 11 v 9 and they score.

Oh I don’t disagree with any of that, and I haven’t seen the replay whether it was a foul or not. But Merrick had to know that Wellington was going to have attacking chances.

Again, on the balance of the positive v negative things Ernie has brought to this club he is still way in front. But this one is on him and he should own it.

Plus it’s the Merrick OUT thread so you kinda gotta have your outrage on to play here!!!!

plague
21-01-2018, 01:33 PM
BTW good to hear from you Mr Swan.

Am waiting for your Nathan Lyon hot takes over in the Cricket thread!!!!!!!!

21-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Ernie has had a blinder and not put a foot wrong since he got here but no doubt this was a balls up. As the man in the 1st chair as Plague says it is on him and rather than say it did not cost us the truth is it did, they scored in that period and no amount of trying to gloss over it citing other aspects of the game won't change that fact. They scored just as we were getting some ascendancy back. You could just feel the vibe in the place go south when they scored that third.

Interesting to note having watched the replay of those events it appears valuable time was lost in the fact that Boogard ran off and up the tunnel whilst the medical staff were still trying to scramble gear from the sideline to patch him up in the rooms. It just doesn't seem right that we would have one of the types of kit required and it looked like a couple of tourists at the luggage carousal at a airport with there wheelie suitcases in tow. Minor details i know but you would think the club would have kit on the sideline and also in the rooms , am i being picky ???.

As for the keeper selection well it appears according to media Moss to the bench was more precautionary but can see him back in next start if once again Ernie is being fair dinkum. Duncan had a poor game. Tis a shame for Duncan as he had a dead set blinder IMO in his comeback game against the smurfs youth team a couple of weeks ago, He saved many one on ones and a penalty save from Lockingloy or whatever his name is. Just asking the question but i was under the impression the keeper coach makes the call on who starts or that is how i thought it worked under JVS. Just putting it out there as a serious question if this is how it worked or still does meaning Chris Bowling will decide going into next weeks match.

I too as previously mentioned was concerned about some of the casualness displayed by some of the players in the warm up. I watched the Fox pre game show i recorded and some players had the body language and acting out like the game was over and they were already back in the rooms bumping shoulders, dance moves etc celebrating a victory. I would encourage anybody who recorded it or can go back on there IQ box whatever and take a look.

Rant over.

halo se7en
21-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Interesting to note having watched the replay of those events it appears valuable time was lost in the fact that Boogard ran off and up the tunnel whilst the medical staff were still trying to scramble gear from the sideline to patch him up in the rooms. It just doesn't seem right that we would have one of the types of kit required and it looked like a couple of tourists at the luggage carousal at a airport with there wheelie suitcases in tow. Minor details i know but you would think the club would have kit on the sideline and also in the rooms , am i being picky ???.

I was wondering this too when he sprinted off up the tunnel. It's not uncommon for someone to need a bloody cut bandaged up - why wasn't that stuff on the sideline?? Plus, at 0-0 in the first 10 minutes, we could have risked him being off the pitch for 5-10 mins - just slow the tempo, hold onto the ball until he's back etc. But not at 2-1 down with time running out when a third goal is likely to (and did) seal the match for the visitors. If we didn't have a capable sub I could understand the hesitation, but Jackson would have been fine.

The Dunster
21-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I was wondering this too when he sprinted off up the tunnel. It's not uncommon for someone to need a bloody cut bandaged up - why wasn't that stuff on the sideline?? Plus, at 0-0 in the first 10 minutes, we could have risked him being off the pitch for 5-10 mins - just slow the tempo, hold onto the ball until he's back etc. But not at 2-1 down with time running out when a third goal is likely to (and did) seal the match for the visitors. If we didn't have a capable sub I could understand the hesitation, but Jackson would have been fine.

They stitched the wound - it wasn't just a case of him going off to have a bandage slapped on to the cut.

Macca
22-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Moss had a niggle and was rested, was not a straight promotion for Duncan. Unfortunately for him he made a couple of mistakes but lets not forget the stellar season he was having pre injury. The jeers when he made a catch shortly after the second goal were not called for.

Such a sour taste in the mouth how that third goal happened, could not believe that foul on Pato was not called. Then they go up the other end and score with our CB off the park. Hard to fault Vujica for getting done, it was a nice feint by Krishna and well taken but its hard not to think our other CB/captain/marshall on the park may have made a difference. Either Kanta or Jackson should have come on for Boogs, if he's gonna take 5 minutes to get stitched up that's a long time and it proved costly. Given he presumably copped a decent knock to the head as well I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of concussion going on.

Jeterpool
22-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Moss had a niggle and was rested, was not a straight promotion for Duncan. Unfortunately for him he made a couple of mistakes but lets not forget the stellar season he was having pre injury. The jeers when he made a catch shortly after the second goal were not called for.

Such a sour taste in the mouth how that third goal happened, could not believe that foul on Pato was not called. Then they go up the other end and score with our CB off the park. Hard to fault Vujica for getting done, it was a nice feint by Krishna and well taken but its hard not to think our other CB/captain/marshall on the park may have made a difference. Either Kanta or Jackson should have come on for Boogs, if he's gonna take 5 minutes to get stitched up that's a long time and it proved costly. Given he presumably copped a decent knock to the head as well I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of concussion going on.

Agree. I was so angry at that cheer. Fans need to wake up and realise the team sometimes won't perform. Don't give me any of this "been exposed to it for so long before" shit - we've seen enough from this team to realise they're nothing like those teams of the seasons past.

Other side of the coin regarding your other point, if we use a substitute for Boogaard, we don't take Pato off and bring on Thurgate and does the structure to the team's width return?

Jack looked like he was short of exposure to match intensity. Like Johnny K was when he first started to get exposure, Wayne Brown too, even Glen Moss - it seems to take a few weeks to truly get "back int he groove" and get their form back.

Jetmaster
22-01-2018, 02:39 PM
That cheer was near me and I saw no real malice in it, just a bit of cheek. Certainly no calls of "get Moss on" or similar. And certainly nothing compared to past keeper vitriol at our club.

It is a good learning experience for Duncan and if he reacts well (and is fazed), he will be a better keeper for it.

Bob Catlin once went through similar, when he finally took a ball cleanly and got the bird, he raise a triumphant fist, got on with it and had a blinder.

We all make mistakes.

belchardo
22-01-2018, 06:55 PM
it came across on the coverage as really derogatory. i was disappointed to hear it, regardless of the intent.

10 other guys had stinkers as well and nobody bronx-cheered them.

hawk
22-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately for him he made a couple of mistakes but lets not forget the stellar season he was having pre injury. The jeers when he made a catch shortly after the second goal were not called for.

nah he deserved it for that shite. but let not one game judge his season

StannyCFCJET
02-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Hows it going Lujbo?

furns
17-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Sharks already circling......

Ernie Merrick
Does money talk? Who could turn down a pay packet nearly three times more (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/jets-look-to-secure-merrick-as-sky-blues-circle-with-800k-carrot/news-story/7a9183919bdb4613b9d9395fda62f108) than they're currently getting? Not many; so let's see what Ernie Merrick does as that's the size of the carrot the Russian-backed Sydney FC are dangling in front of him according to Gatt. Jets' CEO Lawrie McKinna says he's "heard the rumours before". On the assumption that Newcastle Jets makes the 2019 Asian Champions League, Newcastle Jets should be keen to hang on to their man.

hawk
17-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Fk off Sh1tney disease ridden scabs

Jetmaster
17-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Just the Sydney media tryng again to destabilise us....pinch of salt stuff.

I would be amazed if Ernie got an offer let alone accepted it.

Jetmaster
18-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Just the Sydney media tryng again to destabilise us....pinch of salt stuff.

I would be amazed if Ernie got an offer let alone accepted it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/sydney-fc-deny-making-approach-for-jets-boss-ernie-merrick/news-story/5be578cc9456802f78f233c2d9561305

I told you so....

plague
18-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Wait wait wait.
Hold up a minute.
So you’re saying Ray Gatt got it wrong?

belchardo
18-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Wait wait wait.
Hold up a minute.
So you’re saying Ray Gatt got it wrong?

cut the guy some slack, first time ever that gatt has been wrong.

furns
19-03-2018, 11:21 PM
His hit rate is better than SST though :lulz:

hawk
30-03-2018, 02:10 AM
Carn ernie dig us out

plague
02-04-2018, 08:58 PM
discrace.
if he loses to the gypos i want him marched before the semis.

game has passed him by.

Grishie
03-04-2018, 08:47 PM
There's every likelihood Jets will lose to the Mariners...but it will be Lawrie's fault.

plague
03-04-2018, 08:55 PM
There's every likelihood Jets will lose to the Mariners...but it will be Lawrie's fault.

thats a fair point.

if we lose, they can both **** off.

StannyCFCJET
03-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Injuries and potentially a system/formation that's been found out. Now we see how good Merrick is.

Couscous
07-04-2018, 10:01 AM
End the sycophancy.

The Dunster
07-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Injuries and potentially a system/formation that's been found out. Now we see how good Merrick is.

If we go back to what we were doing we start winning again. The losing started when we changed things not because we'd been worked out.

Jetmaster
07-04-2018, 11:29 AM
If we go back to what we were doing we start winning again. The losing started when we changed things not because we'd been worked out.

Exactly....we have constant rotation all year and the changes have been seamless. We have replaced like for like. That has stopped and we are doing the Jones/Stubbins thing of square pegs.

StannyCFCJET
07-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Ernie's post match presser seems proper angry with the team. Good reckon we may not see Vujica and Cowburn rest of season along with Vargas

rhysd
07-04-2018, 12:06 PM

Since Vargas has come back we have converted almost to a possession style team stringing in excess of 400 + a game. When we were successful, ala last 30 mins of last night, quick tempo and transition lead to better quality chances.

Pato deserves re-inclusion to the side.. seems more in sync with our style.

07-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Since Vargas has come back we have converted almost to a possession style team stringing in excess of 400 + a game. When we were successful, ala last 30 mins of last night, quick tempo and transition lead to better quality chances.

Pato deserves re-inclusion to the side.. seems more in sync with our style.

Agree re Pato. His first instinct is to just get on with it and in recent games he has showed more commitment in regards to the physical stuff than some blokes built much better for a heavy hit or two.
Not my opinion but because the bloke doesn't do the defensive work of a defender there no place for him in the team !!!!!.

07-04-2018, 01:34 PM

This, Shifting Kanta has compromised two spots. The position he has filled ( Boogs ) and Kanta's regular spot next to sugar. In fact if you look at how well sugar performs when playing with others next to him it could be said he drops in performance also in which case you have a negative impact on three positions on the park. Almost a third of your outfield.

Jeterpool
07-04-2018, 04:41 PM
This, Shifting Kanta has compromised two spots. The position he has filled ( Boogs ) and Kanta's regular spot next to sugar. In fact if you look at how well sugar performs when playing with others next to him it could be said he drops in performance also in which case you have a negative impact on three positions on the park. Almost a third of your outfield.

Yep. Said this after the Adelaide game when everyone was calling for Kanta to go back there

leftrightout
19-04-2018, 09:38 PM
The great man extended and upgraded contract. Great news and well deserved!

boz-monaut
19-04-2018, 09:48 PM
sack him

one season at the helm and we still haven't played in the finals

plague
19-04-2018, 10:30 PM
exactly, typical Jets, sitting around this weekend while other teams are playing semis.

belchardo
08-05-2018, 10:12 PM
kudos ernie. what a season.

1 better next year please.

Bremsstrahlung
09-05-2018, 06:32 AM
He’s half the tactician Muscat is. :trolls:

plague
09-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Deliberately finished 3rd in order to play extra ACL qualifier.

Just a straight up money grab by the club.

Putting profits before people.

Merrick OUT.

27-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Bump

C'mon Ernie you are playing a bloke who appeared to not even know he was in the state of South Australia he looked that lost at Left Back.

Where is the peoples champ and why is he not starting ?.

11-11-2018, 01:22 AM
Bump

For continually selecting Hoff and Jackson.

23-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Bump

Just getting in early should Ernie again be playing Hoff at the point of our attack.

Retro Jet
24-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Bump

Just getting in early should Ernie again be playing Hoff at the point of our attack.

Jagged one lofl

24-11-2018, 02:47 AM
Jagged one lofl

Am pleased that both of them read my post realized they were on there final warning and performed accordingly.

Considering Hoffs conversion rate is about 1 in 13 we can now look forward to some normality with him butchering the next dozen sitters to come his way.

MFKS
24-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Am pleased that both of them read my post realized they were on there final warning and performed accordingly.

Considering Hoffs conversion rate is about 1 in 13 we can now look forward to some normality with him butchering the next dozen sitters to come his way.

He already got 1 of them out of the way in the 2nd half last night when he butchered Vargas teeing him up

MFKS
02-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Some questions have to be asked of his performance

Bizarre selections
Players out of position
Failure to change the starting side
Recruitment

Not going so well

StannyCFCJET
02-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Some questions have to be asked of his performance

Bizarre selections
Players out of position
Failure to change the starting side
Recruitment

Not going so well

Agree but Ernie doesnt make changes and unless Management get on his case cant see it happening

02-12-2018, 10:31 PM
In addition unless Ernie starts reflecting on his own performance he runs the real risk of losing half the dressing room. We have a few key blokes busting there ass week after week putting in satisfactory efforts only to be let down by the coach.

How long til that starts reflecting in there efforts on the park.

plague
02-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Ernie came over with the players after the game to shake the fans hands.
Plague jnr told him "dont worry ernie we'll start winning soon".

Ernie looked like he was ready to kill the little smart ass

plague
02-12-2018, 11:16 PM
In addition unless Ernie starts reflecting on his own performance he runs the real risk of losing half the dressing room. We have a few key blokes busting there ass week after week putting in satisfactory efforts only to be let down by the coach.

Last 20 mins it looked like Vargas had had a gutful and dropped back into a #6 role to try and get things going.
Not sure if it was ernie's instruction though because Vargas was pointing Cowburn and Ridenton away from him as if to say 'go away I'm playing here'.

Vargas stood away from all of them post game for a few good minutes.

The Dunster
02-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Just watched the post match presser - Ernie very disappointed with the effort of players more so than the result. No arguments here - the players looked like they didn't want to be out there .
I wouldn't worry abut Ernie losing the dressing room - they can sack the lot of them based in that sort of effort.
Hard to imagine Vargas wanting to hang around - he looked more pissed off than Ernie did with the team. The service tonight was terrible.

Hunter403
02-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Vargas in sky blue next year

StannyCFCJET
02-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Just watched the post match presser - Ernie very disappointed with the effort of players more so than the result. No arguments here - the players looked like they didn't want to be out there .
I wouldn't worry abut Ernie losing the dressing room - they can sack the lot of them based in that sort of effort.
Hard to imagine Vargas wanting to hang around - he looked more pissed off than Ernie did with the team. The service tonight was terrible.

Where did you watch it?

Roundball Enthusiast
03-12-2018, 12:52 AM

Which few? I couldn't name anyone this week that deserves to have a job.

03-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Which few? I couldn't name anyone this week that deserves to have a job.

That was exactly my point. At some stage the goers were going to start having a gutful of sharing the field with only those that Ernie rates. I reckon Ernie having Ronnie at 9 tonight had a massive negative influence on the players. I also reckon some players must be asking themselves WTF in re Jackson being picked each week.

All these numptie decisions Ernie has made since the very first round have just chipped away at some of the players minds.

Alton
03-12-2018, 01:43 PM
That was exactly my point. At some stage the goers were going to start having a gutful of sharing the field with only those that Ernie rates. I reckon Ernie having Ronnie at 9 tonight had a massive negative influence on the players. I also reckon some players must be asking themselves WTF in re Jackson being picked each week.

All these numptie decisions Ernie has made since the very first round have just chipped away at some of the players minds.

Johnny at right back, Georgevski at left back, Kanta the only 6, Hoff,Dimi,Ronny and Joey across the middle and Roy up top.

02-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Bump

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2019, 11:04 PM
If he isnt going to drop Jair and Ridenten or try different tactics/formations then bye bye Ernie at seasons end

plague
12-01-2019, 11:06 PM
can someone text la bazzle to text his mate Deans to get his clipboard ready.

its time.

MFKS
12-01-2019, 11:07 PM
If he isnt going to drop Jair and Ridenten or try different tactics/formations then bye bye Ernie at seasons end

**** Off

Bloke has the team undefeated this season and 10 points clear at the top of the table

We are playing some good shit and I couldnt give a **** that results in these meaningless friendlies are not going our way

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2019, 11:11 PM
**** Off

Bloke has the team undefeated this season and 10 points clear at the top of the table

We are playing some good shit and I couldnt give a **** that results in these meaningless friendlies are not going our way

Ernie can take you with him thanks

la bazzle
14-01-2019, 09:47 AM
can someone text la bazzle to text his mate Deans to get his clipboard ready.

its time.

Has only ever lost one game, has never lost to Melbourne, Gypos or Sydney and doesn't do draws

belchardo
16-02-2019, 10:51 AM
surely ernie has to have a good long think about some of his team selections now. chalk and cheese last night.

i do acknowledge that perth or sydney would probably have put a few more past us if we'd played them last night.

Jetmaster
16-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Not about the personnel....it was about the way we played. Hopefully the "stars" watching in the stands got a good view and took note.....let them have the ball, wait for a mistake and break quickly on the counter.

redwah
16-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Pace and quick ball movement........that’s what we had last year, that’s what we had last night.

MFKS
16-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Got to go

Useless

evolution
16-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Got to go

Useless

Now only has a 83% win rate against the gypos. Not good enough imo.

plague
16-03-2019, 09:21 PM
should have had Vargas and Shep on at the 30min mark. we were bossing them.
yet we wait til 3-0 down?

16-03-2019, 09:38 PM
I am no Ridenton fan but seriously he was far better than Uga tonight and i thought Ernie got it all wrong with that sub. I thought Uga would have gone close to being the Gypo's best player tonight.

plague
16-03-2019, 09:40 PM
huh?
Ugaboogaman and Ridenton were just fine.
they are the least of your problems.

StannyCFCJET
16-03-2019, 10:07 PM
Uga was sadly off form tonight

MFKS
16-03-2019, 10:08 PM
huh?
Ugaboogaman and Ridenton were just fine.
they are the least of your problems.

What you been smoking Plague

Ugabooga was honking tonight
Cowburn was going well in the first half but the pair of them lost the plot for us for about 25 mins and it cost us the game

Ugabooga is a problem. By now he should be able to do the job in the centre of the park without Kanta
Problem is as soon as Kanta dont play he is poor

The Dunster
30-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Ernie has to go. Recruitment has been piss poor and the less said about the teams performances the better.

belchardo
30-03-2019, 09:18 PM
His only defence could have been if we made the finals. We didn't, we have to aspire to more and i think we should look elsewhere.

That said, if he's signed up for another season i can't see him being fired if the owner is short if cash.

Roundball Enthusiast
30-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Lets be real, name a better Australian coach for us?

Low budget, shit ~20 players and a couple who are good but lazy.

StannyCFCJET
30-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Did we play a back 5 again?

belchardo
31-03-2019, 07:11 AM

Low budget, shit ~20 players and a couple who are good but lazy.

Why not have a look at a coach from the next level down? Like players, Australian football recycles too many coaches

Grimario
31-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Phil Stubbins is the answer to why not.

Grimario
31-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Mark Jones is another answer.

Frodo
31-03-2019, 08:33 AM
So they club is obviously at a stand still right now. We aren't looking for new players, just resigning everyone we already have no matter how bad they've been. I can't see us keeping all these shit players and then sacking the coach.

We need to get our of this thread and into the Lawrie out thread. He's the problem with our club right now.

Jeterpool
31-03-2019, 08:42 AM
The biggest concern from me yesterday was how quickly we abandoned the 3 at the back after the first goal. Jackson started slotting into midfield and looked lost to the point I fully expected he would be a half time sub (if not earlier). To change so quickly admits, to me, you got it wrong.

While we went back to it in the second half, the substitutions were confusing. We were playing at a point with no left fullback and 5 attacking players.

This is where I start to see concerns with a coach - we can't make sense of the substitutions. Sheppard added very little when he came on.

Not time for him to go yet, but I'm looking at him differently - wondering what is going through his mind.

belchardo
31-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Phil Stubbins is the answer to why not.

Mark Jones is another answer.

i might counter with mark rudan, who seems to be going OK with a limited budget and less than ideal support from his senior management structure. i also think that anybody bringing up the deadshit stubbins ignores the entire off-field circus going on during those times.

why not try arthur papas?

31-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Ernie wasn't at the races as a coach yesterday. Bizarre changes to be honest and i don't think Ernie knew half the time WTF was happening. He appeared frazzled from the moment the first goal was conceded and like the players he never got his shit together.

Ernie has been in denial all season trying to tell people who have a reasonable knowledge of the game we have been playing good football and everything was situation normal. Blind frigging Freddie complete with his white stick and Lab could see this was a load of crap.

How is it Vujica from the get go has been seldom seen ?. Bloke can barely get game time as a specialist FB at his own club but can perform more than adequately for the National team. Does Ernie truly think we the fans don't have half a brain between us and question this idiocy of selecting Jackson before Vujica ?. Shit like this has been happening from the very first round and Ernie has been just as poor as some of the players this season. I didn't know Uga had to give up one of his legs to earn a new deal because he looks like a player that has lost a leg in recent times. Bloke played like he had concrete in his boots yesterday.

There has been only one player worthy of his wages this past month and that is Crazy George, The rest should find a charity to give there's to because f%^k knows they haven't turned up to earn it when it has counted.

plague
31-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Funnily enough i bumped into Craig Deans ust this morning.
Offered him the job on the spot.
Also, I've decided that the Gypo can go too, I'll be calling the shots around here now.

31-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Funnily enough i bumped into Craig Deans ust this morning.
Offered him the job on the spot.
Also, I've decided that the Gypo can go too, I'll be calling the shots around here now.

Bout time you stepped up.

Jetmaster
31-03-2019, 07:07 PM
#plagueout

plague
01-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Bout time you stepped up.

keep up this attitude and you wont receive your Jets shaped hat.

plague
01-04-2019, 02:17 PM
#plagueout

perfect.

StannyCFCJET
01-04-2019, 02:35 PM
perfect.

#PlagueIn if you can deliver Jets shaped hats before the next home game

MFKS
01-04-2019, 03:10 PM
i might counter with mark rudan, who seems to be going OK with a limited budget and less than ideal support from his senior management structure. i also think that anybody bringing up the deadshit stubbins ignores the entire off-field circus going on during those times.

why not try arthur papas?

Stubbins though was the idiot who signed Flores Jeronimo Celevski Madaschi and agreed to the new contracts for Griff and Devonhead
He was then the idiot who threw them under the bus when it didn't work out

Got more time for Miller and Jones in recent times as they had less to work with than Stubbins did

Stubbins made plenty of bad decisions with a decent squad at his disposal well before things went pear shaped and the mutiny in Adel aide transpired

plague
01-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Stubbins though was the idiot who signed Flores Jeronimo Celevski Madaschi

hahahahahahahahahahha

so much trash.

StannyCFCJET
01-04-2019, 05:32 PM
hahahahahahahahahahha

so much trash.

Not really just had to deal with a trash manager

Jeterpool
01-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Not really just had to deal with a trash manager

He was great last year!

He also isn't solely to blame for the season. On paper, there was no reason why we couldn't have achieved Top 4 as a reasonable expectation.

I'm less inclined to jump on the Ernie out bandwagon.

StannyCFCJET
01-04-2019, 06:23 PM
He was great last year!

He also isn't solely to blame for the season. On paper, there was no reason why we couldn't have achieved Top 4 as a reasonable expectation.

I'm less inclined to jump on the Ernie out bandwagon.

I was talking about Stubbins. Ernie has his faults and when it doesn't work then it doesn't work as weve seen with his stint at victory

belchardo
01-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Stubbins though was the idiot who signed Flores Jeronimo Celevski Madaschi and agreed to the new contracts for Griff and Devonhead
He was then the idiot who threw them under the bus when it didn't work out

Got more time for Miller and Jones in recent times as they had less to work with than Stubbins did

Stubbins made plenty of bad decisions with a decent squad at his disposal well before things went pear shaped and the mutiny in Adel aide transpired

i don't disagree, but all the off-field stuff played into it as well.

MFKS
01-04-2019, 07:15 PM
i don't disagree, but all the off-field stuff played into it as well.

The off field stuff ramped up towards the end of that season

It was only really when the team lost in Adel aide that Tinker got involved making it blow up 1000× fold

The first half of that season our failings were on no one other than Stubbins and his decisions
By the time the 7-0 result occurred that was the culmination of his ineptness between his arrival and mid season

The Dunster
01-04-2019, 07:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JAGVV4EKvk8/UpS-RfDOEXI/AAAAAAAAPKs/oWm4n_T4XtU/s1600/pitchforks.gif

Jeterpool
01-04-2019, 08:14 PM
I was talking about Stubbins. Ernie has his faults and when it doesn't work then it doesn't work as weve seen with his stint at victory

My apologies mate.

StannyCFCJET
01-04-2019, 08:52 PM
My apologies mate.

All G statman

The Dunster
01-04-2019, 09:21 PM
This year's team is much weaker than last years team so it's not surprising we missed out on a finals spot.
We didn't bring in anyone to replace Pato, McGree, or Nabbout - and we have had injury issues with players, suspensions, a shitful draw, and a few ageing types who probably should have been put on notice rather than given contract extensions.
The future looks even worse as we are going to be losing players and not replacing them with equivalent or better.
We also have a few players underperforming and yet still on a good money holding us back as well.

I honestly can't see Ernie hanging around much longer if the budget continues to shrink unless he see's this as his last ever appointment before retiring.

Aegon
04-04-2019, 03:33 PM
This year's team is much weaker than last years team so it's not surprising we missed out on a finals spot.
We didn't bring in anyone to replace Pato, McGree, or Nabbout - and we have had injury issues with players, suspensions, a shitful draw, and a few ageing types who probably should have been put on notice rather than given contract extensions.
The future looks even worse as we are going to be losing players and not replacing them with equivalent or better.
We also have a few players underperforming and yet still on a good money holding us back as well.

I honestly can't see Ernie hanging around much longer if the budget continues to shrink unless he see's this as his last ever appointment before retiring.

Couldn't agree more. Lee's financial situation limited any investment and we were scraping the barrel to get players in (Ridenton, Jair).
Add to this that Petratos & O'Donovan are a shadow of themselves from seasons past and its no surprise at all we missed the finals.

Bremsstrahlung
29-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Alright, so I feel like I’m usually pretty patient with Ernie and last year we definitely over achieved and this year underachieved where I would have expected us to be. Overall, probably a par, and short of having a top class or optimistic appointment in mind, I’ve been happy to give Ernie the benefit of the doubt.

It’s frustrating that he has come out and blamed our lack of attacking options as the reason for our lack of finals.
He comes out and says our defence was similar to last year in terms of goals conceded. Yehp. Cool.
He then goes onto say that we have the leagues best stats for some things like successful crosses etc. to then reference and defer blame and say that the reason we didn’t convert was Joey and Roy missing chunks of the season, along with Hoff.
Those excuses do not sit well.
We knew in advance we were without Roy. Nothing changed.
We knew once Joey was injured we wouldnt get him back for a while.
Hoff was an unexpected injury, but if we are relying on him to score our goals fmd, we may as wel sign Matt Simon. Ok. Maybe not. But I’d rather ya gave Thurgate those games up front.
To blame our poor efforts this season on those players missing is terribly frustrating.

The Dunster
29-04-2019, 09:07 AM
Alright, so I feel like I’m usually pretty patient with Ernie and last year we definitely over achieved and this year underachieved where I would have expected us to be. Overall, probably a par, and short of having a top class or optimistic appointment in mind, I’ve been happy to give Ernie the benefit of the doubt.

It’s frustrating that he has come out and blamed our lack of attacking options as the reason for our lack of finals.
He comes out and says our defence was similar to last year in terms of goals conceded. Yehp. Cool.
He then goes onto say that we have the leagues best stats for some things like successful crosses etc. to then reference and defer blame and say that the reason we didn’t convert was Joey and Roy missing chunks of the season, along with Hoff.
Hoff was an unexpected injury, but if we are relying on him to score our goals fmd, we may as wel sign Matt Simon. Ok. Maybe not. But I’d rather ya gave Thurgate those games up front.
To blame our poor efforts this season on those players missing is terribly frustrating.

Thurgate is a #8 not a striker. Hoff makes more sense as a striker.
Mr Lee signs the cheques not Ernie. Ernie's requests for any injury replacements would have fallen on deaf ears.

plague
29-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Hoff makes more sense as a striker.

but its this type of thinking (from the coach, not you) that got us into the shit to start with.
In no known universe is that statement ever gonna find itself attached to a successful football season.

Couscous
29-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Calm down. He's not my favourite coach but he's been good for the Jets.

Jeterpool
29-04-2019, 09:34 AM

We definitely took a punt on getting through those 8 weeks without Roy and it didn't pay off.

In hindsight, I think playing Jair up top during this time would have been better for us and for him. It would have move Hoff wide again and towards his strength and offered us more pace out wide than Jair offered.

Jetmaster
29-04-2019, 09:38 AM
"In that front third, we weren't at our best for most of the season. There are reasons. Roy O'Donovan being out, Joey Champness being out for 14 weeks, Jason Hoffman has been out for a while ... It was just one of those years. Overall, we played pretty good football with nothing to show for it . We should be in the finals and we are not. That is my responsibility."

Take it in context.

Tommyjet
29-04-2019, 09:39 AM
I've been extremely frustrated with Ernie's comments this season but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and gonna delusionally believe he will lead us to finals next season.

The Dunster
29-04-2019, 09:58 AM
That's an issue with the man writing the cheques more so than the coach. In this PC age what Ernie says and what he really thinks are very unlikely to be the same.
If he can't get the money he needs it's not like he can come out and say "Playing Hoff up front is a stupid idea but we have no money so we don't really have a choice".

pv4
29-04-2019, 10:07 AM
but its this type of thinking (from the coach, not you) that got us into the shit to start with.
In no known universe is that statement ever gonna find itself attached to a successful football season.

Correct

29-04-2019, 11:15 AM
There was discussion on here last pre season about the pros and cons of trying to release Roy in the knowledge that 8 weeks out ( almost a third of the regular season ) would really handicap our season.

Now regardless of ones own views on that it does demonstrate that if part time forum punters on here can see Roy's absence being a major issue then why the hell didn't the club plan and deal with it better. I have said it before and i will say it again and nothing against the Hoff but no other club in this league would have dealt with it the way this club did with the exception perhaps of the shit show down the road at Gosford. It is not like Roy copped his suspension on the eve of the comp. Yes we choked late in the season in crucial games and 6 point match ups but that gamble to jag more points from a make shift set up in the first 8 rounds really cost us.

The annoying thing is the shit that went wrong was more by poor design than fate.

The Dunster
29-04-2019, 11:32 AM
What was the last question they asked Ernie in the presser on Saturday where his answer was you'd have / need to ask Lawrie McKinna ?

lil_masi
29-04-2019, 12:42 PM
There was discussion on here last pre season about the pros and cons of trying to release Roy in the knowledge that 8 weeks out ( almost a third of the regular season ) would really handicap our season.

Now regardless of ones own views on that it does demonstrate that if part time forum punters on here can see Roy's absence being a major issue then why the hell didn't the club plan and deal with it better. I have said it before and i will say it again and nothing against the Hoff but no other club in this league would have dealt with it the way this club did with the exception perhaps of the shit show down the road at Gosford. It is not like Roy copped his suspension on the eve of the comp. Yes we choked late in the season in crucial games and 6 point match ups but that gamble to jag more points from a make shift set up in the first 8 rounds really cost us.

The annoying thing is the shit that went wrong was more by poor design than fate.

Pretty sure Jair was meant to be the solution in Roy's absence. They even spent extra money for a "higher" quality player. Obviously didnt work out.

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Pretty sure Jair was meant to be the solution in Roy's absence. They even spent extra money for a "higher" quality player. Obviously didnt work out.

But he was never played Central

Grimario
29-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Thurgate is a #8 not a striker. Hoff makes more sense as a striker.

Maybe starting Sheppard up top instead of bringing him on as a sub after Hoff and co failed to impress could have worked. He didn't get his first start till the second last week of Roy's suspension. The only other actual striker on the books... and we stuck it out with a right back who once played striker a decade ago.

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Maybe starting Sheppard up top instead of bringing him on as a sub after Hoff and co failed to impress could have worked. He didn't get his first start till the second last week of Roy's suspension. The only other actual striker on the books... and we stuck it out with a right back who once played striker a decade ago.

Sheps took a while to adjust to a full time environment

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 01:57 PM
The biggest issue. Why did Ernie change the tactics and when they didn't work take ages to rectify this all the while carrying on in press conferences about how good we and the bullshit about how we were playing just like last year

plague
29-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Sheps took a while to adjust to a full time environment

wait? how do you know this?

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 07:05 PM
wait? how do you know this?

Because the coaching staff and Shep said this

MFKS
30-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Bloke should have been fired the moment we went 3-0 down at home to the Gypos what is a disgrace was the Gypos CEO didn't do it there and then

The other bloke who needs firing is the Gypo CEO

Forget Finals Football the bloke has failed in his number 1 KPI

No Jet Shaped Hats in 3 ****ing years

Gypo OUT

plague
30-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Bloke should have been fired the moment we went 3-0 down at home to the Gypos what is a disgrace was the Gypos CEO didn't do it there and then

The other bloke who needs firing is the Gypo CEO

Forget Finals Football the bloke has failed in his number 1 KPI

No Jet Shaped Hats in 3 ****ing years

Gypo OUT

Gospel.
All of it.
Bless you brother.

Charman
05-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Marco in! Do it, right now!

Frodo
05-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Marco in! Do it, right now!

Club can't afford to pay out Merrick. He will pick up a gig straight away tho. Probably Sydney if Corica loses to Victory.

turbojetfireV8
06-05-2019, 09:59 PM
at this rate the scum will have a better squad than us next season, we are nailed on for a spoon, who'd want to coach that??? (OK, Mulvey is available, you're right...)

oldtownroad
25-07-2019, 04:17 PM
With Clayton Zane leaving, I think that Reuben Zadkovich will be announced as new assistant coach.

Broadmeadow magic have said that he will leaves once the season is over.

Clayton will also be in the role until round 2, so the timelines sort of match up

MFKS
24-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Being that we are now 2nd on the League table and without a win in Europe in our last 2 this bloke surely got to be out the door soon

Absolute farce at the moment

Frodo
25-11-2019, 11:06 AM
I'm sure Marko Kurz will be available soon, Victory might actually pay us some money to get Merrick back.

plague
25-11-2019, 11:26 AM
I'm sure Marko Kurz will be available soon, Victory might actually pay us some money to get Merrick back.

Kurz would prob appreciate working with some A-League level footballers again.
Outside of Toivonen our squad is better then Victory.

MFKS
25-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Kurz would prob appreciate working with some A-League level footballers again.
Outside of Toivonen our squad is better then Victory.

Pretty certain Leigh Broxham has more HAL titles than our squad put together

pv4
25-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Pretty certain Leigh Broxham has more HAL titles than our squad put together

If I am reading things correctly..

Boogs - 1 premiership
Kanta - 1 championship
Dimi - 1 premiership, 1 championship
Fitz - 2 championships
NTS - 1 premiership

Brox - 3 premierships, 4 championships

plague
25-11-2019, 01:53 PM

Boogs - 1 premiership
Kanta - 1 championship
Fitz - 2 championships
NTS - 1 premiership

wasnt Hoff part of the GF squad?

plague
25-11-2019, 01:54 PM
not to mention the Singapore 6's immortals.......

Jeterpool
25-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Yup

plague
25-11-2019, 02:14 PM
yup

stats!!!!!!!!!!

StannyCFCJET
25-11-2019, 02:14 PM

Yep

Jeterpool
25-11-2019, 02:26 PM
stats!!!!!!!!!!

:brrr:

25-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Boogs - 1 premiership
Kanta - 1 championship
Fitz - 2 championships
NTS - 1 premiership

Pretty sure Fitzuseless would have been peeling the oranges for those two so do not count.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Another clean sheet from the mastermind Ernie and people are calling for his head? Get a grip you lot.

plague
25-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Another clean sheet from the mastermind Ernie and people are calling for his head? Get a grip you lot.

we are last on the table. we lost 3 points this weekend just gone. what table are you looking at man?

MFKS
25-11-2019, 07:45 PM

Boogs - 1 premiership
Kanta - 1 championship
Fitz - 2 championships
NTS - 1 premiership

Only play for GF wins in this country

So Broxham has twice as many titles as our squad does

Hoff and Dimi = 2

Kanta was peeling Griffs oranges in 08 and done **** all

StannyCFCJET
25-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Was Kanta with us in the 07/08 season?

Roundball Enthusiast
26-11-2019, 06:25 PM

uhuh, looking back at this, interesting to see some names still going around. How we've fallen as a club.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Newcastle_Jets_FC_season

StannyCFCJET
26-11-2019, 07:16 PM
uhuh, looking back at this, interesting to see some names still going around. How we've fallen as a club.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Newcastle_Jets_FC_season

Shows how poorly run the club has been since then

Frodo
26-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Got the first part right....

Jeterpool
26-11-2019, 08:50 PM

He joined late on but never actually played. It was the following season he made his first appearance

StannyCFCJET
26-11-2019, 08:55 PM
He joined late on but never actually played. It was the following season he made his first appearance

Yeah I remember that round 1 at CB he was 16

Couscous
26-11-2019, 10:30 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if he's the right coach.

Jeterpool
21-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Bump

22-12-2019, 12:19 AM
Nah, As frustrating as it is ( yes i left pronto after the 3rd goal last week v City ) the thought of handing this underfunded undertalented mediocre basket case on to another poor bastard would be down right uncivil and bordering on unconscionable conduct.

Clearly we have some players in our fist 15 who are just not good enough, Either they have not taken there 100th opportunity to prove they belong at this level or they haven't given us better performances than there previous clubs. Its a shit show at present but i can't help feeling something is just not quite right at the minute within the club. They are playing like they give as much of a fig as the owner on these last 2 performances and apart from the throw a ted bear thingy last weekend at home our Gypo CEO has been as visible as ScoMo in a bushfire crisis.

belchardo
22-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Last time they were playing this badly it turned out they weren't getting paid on time...(i think)

22-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Last time they were playing this badly it turned out they weren't getting paid on time...(i think)

Was one of the first things that crossed my mind driving home in the car just after halftime last weekend. They looked like a mob who hadn't been paid or there Chrissy ham and $ 100 gift voucher were not going to be forthcoming. Something stinks at present for sure.

Couscous
22-12-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm now convinced.

MFKS
22-12-2019, 12:03 PM
To be perfectly fair we were in that game for first half
We were even in it after Stevie U got us back to 3-2
They imploded to an extent at the end

But to be fair Moss didn't have a lot to do all game
What he did though was **** the little work up though

Perth were exceptionally clinical in their finishing yesterday

I don't get this doom and gloom

Yes we were shit against Heart but those guys did put in yesterday for large parts of the game
They just unlucky got stitched up by good finishing and add that with us being generally shit sees the result

22-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Isn't a local Sunday morning training sessions with M enough to keep you busy at this point in time ?. You don't move as quick on the ball these days LOL.

sorefootballer
22-12-2019, 12:26 PM
You don't get the doom and gloom member? It's another year of mediocre non finals football. Sure we might be creating chances but we aren't winning. Lets be honest its what most of us really care about

plague
22-12-2019, 01:04 PM
personally i find this all hilarious.

am here for all of it.

more please.

Frodo
22-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I feel like anyone disappointed with his year isn't a true Jets fan. Or is at least a blow in.

This year is exactly what was expected.

mic22
22-12-2019, 02:00 PM
I don't get this doom and gloom

I used to think the same, until i realised:
- we probably had 2 very good games so far, one of which against a deflated and McGree-less Adelaide, which we lost anyway;
- we scored 4-5 goals from play in 9 games: we have no idea how to break defences. The opposition normally lets us play as we keep passing the ball around with no plan, until we make a mistake;
- long balls to Dimi and Thurgate!?!?
- Johnny K
- 6 of our starting 11 wouldn't even be on the bench for the top teams;
- there's so much Ernie can do with this lot, which also happen to lack motivation for whatever reason. This said, he's had his fair share of debatable choices...

outsider
22-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Why would they be getting paid after the last 2 games

MFKS
22-12-2019, 02:49 PM
You don't get the doom and gloom member? It's another year of mediocre non finals football. Sure we might be creating chances but we aren't winning. Lets be honest its what most of us really care about

FFS

Why were you thinking we were going to do anything??

We were not good enough last year hence why we couldn't make the top 6

We have a pile of old guys who are a year older
We lost Roy Georgevski and Vargas
Jowic would rather take LWOP than play for us

We signed a Gypo who can't defend a bloke who hasn't played and a guy who hasn't been fit plus Nick Fitzuseless who ain't been good enough at 5 HAL sides to replace them

Exactly why are you expecting positive results from this strategy???

sorefootballer
23-12-2019, 03:08 AM
Who said the mediocrity hasn't continued from previous years? I didnt. Just stated that it is another year....of the same. Fun times brother.....but as plague said it really is a laugh

MFKS
23-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Who said the mediocrity hasn't continued from previous years? I didnt. Just stated that it is another year....of the same. Fun times brother.....but as plague said it really is a laugh

But why exactly are you not even expecting it??

A season of success for us is a 1 in 10 year proposition

We got another 8 to go

23-12-2019, 05:46 PM
I don't think there is any doubt Ernie is cutting a frustrated figure with the clubs ownership. At the time of him accepting the job here i don't think he would have even remotely thought the budget goalposts would move on him like they have from his first season to now having to do things on the cheap and not even replace long term injured players.

MFKS
23-12-2019, 07:39 PM
I don't think there is any doubt Ernie is cutting a frustrated figure with the clubs ownership. At the time of him accepting the job here i don't think he would have even remotely thought the budget goalposts would move on him like they have from his first season to now having to do things on the cheap and not even replace long term injured players.

Ok I get that we are cutting back on things and can't have the cream we had when we had Vargas etc

But we still got to spend 90% of 3.2 million which is 2.88 million
We also ain't spending up on 23 players but on the basic 20 plus 3 scholarship for kids which we are mandated to do

Now I understand Dimi going to be on a good wicket

But exactly what the **** are we paying the other guys needs to be seriously looked at

You can't tell me we are not overpaying a pile if them if we splitting 2.88 million minus Dimis wage on 19 players ???

Then you throw in the quality of recruiting that we have seen and questions have to be asked of Bert regardless of whatever budget constraints we are under

Somewhere we have ****ed up our Salary Cap structure if the best we can to do recruitment wise is sign blokes like Fitzuseless Gypo Fullback who can't tackle and Ridenton

Where the **** has the money gone??

mic22
24-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Ok I get that we are cutting back on things and can't have the cream we had when we had Vargas etc

Not sure Vargas was "cream", but anyway...
When you think Sydney can fit Ninkovic, Barba, Brattan, Lefondre, Grant, Baumjohann etc under the same cap (take away a marquee), you're right, questions should be asked to the recruiting team at the jets.

Our only good signing was Millar - hey might not be the best defender but he's our best attacking player atm... from RB!

pv4
24-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Not sure Vargas was "cream", but anyway...
When you think Sydney can fit Ninkovic, Barba, Brattan, Lefondre, Grant, Baumjohann etc under the same cap (take away a marquee), you're right, questions should be asked to the recruiting team at the jets.

Our only good signing was Millar - hey might not be the best defender but he's our best attacking player atm... from RB!

Vargas would be our highest ever paid player outside of Heskey I would safely guess, and you would argue with the FFA chipping in for Heskey that our club itself parted with the most cash for one player we ever had for Vargas. He was our first true marquee player in a long time and can't be considered anything other than cream.

No doubt other clubs fit some great players into their caps but they are utilising add-ons like both marquee spots, all of their scholarship spots, pushing the boundaries of home-grown allowances, visa loyalty discounts (Ninkovic a well documented case of this), etc. Baumjohann would be cheaper than his current form demands too, he was basically rejected from WSW.

The simple fact is there are so many loopholes and creative freedom with our current salary cap system that the big clubs willing to spend money can do so very easily and put together way better squads on paper than others.

Also don't discount the fact how much easier it is for Sydney and Melbourne clubs to attract players over other cities, particularly the regional clubs, we have to spend more money and work harder to entice players to us.

pv4
24-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Ernie has said a few times this week that our side against Glory was too young and inexperienced. The average age of our starting lineup was 26 years old. Is it fair to say that is too young?

StannyCFCJET
24-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Ernie has said a few times this week that our side against Glory was too young and inexperienced. The average age of our starting lineup was 26 years old. Is it fair to say that is too young?

Ernie uses excuses now and again

24-12-2019, 12:33 PM

We also ain't spending up on 23 players but on the basic 20 plus 3 scholarship for kids which we are mandated to do

Now I understand Dimi going to be on a good wicket

But exactly what the **** are we paying the other guys needs to be seriously looked at

You can't tell me we are not overpaying a pile if them if we splitting 2.88 million minus Dimis wage on 19 players ???

Then you throw in the quality of recruiting that we have seen and questions have to be asked of Bert regardless of whatever budget constraints we are under

Somewhere we have ****ed up our Salary Cap structure if the best we can to do recruitment wise is sign blokes like Fitzuseless Gypo Fullback who can't tackle and Ridenton

I think you raise some excellent points. I agree there is no way this squad is worth 90% of the cap unless Dimi and Arroyo both have there wages as part of the cap to meet that min requirement squad spend . The only possible way we could be hitting 90% and either Dimi and Arroyo's wages are outside the cap is if we have a few blokes in the current squad who have been here a few years and there contracts have been quite heavily back ended.

I watched one of the NBN reports with our Gypo CEO and toward the end of the interview he was really starting to lose it i thought. Started waffling about him hearing reports how some club supporters were wrongly inclined to think the club was still paying Joey, I immediately thought to myself i can't recall ( happy to be corrected ) anywhere on here or the people i chat to sitting around me at the games even suggest we were still paying Joey. What i have heard is many people ask why the funds set aside for Joey were not used to find replacement players for the long term injured when it was confirmed Joey will not be returning this season.

Sometimes the messaging from the Gypo CEO and Bert can be quite different.

MFKS
24-12-2019, 02:08 PM
I think you raise some excellent points. I agree there is no way this squad is worth 90% of the cap unless Dimi and Arroyo both have there wages as part of the cap to meet that min requirement squad spend . The only possible way we could be hitting 90% and either Dimi and Arroyo's wages are outside the cap is if we have a few blokes in the current squad who have been here a few years and there contracts have been quite heavily back ended.

I watched one of the NBN reports with our Gypo CEO and toward the end of the interview he was really starting to lose it i thought. Started waffling about him hearing reports how some club supporters were wrongly inclined to think the club was still paying Joey, I immediately thought to myself i can't recall ( happy to be corrected ) anywhere on here or the people i chat to sitting around me at the games even suggest we were still paying Joey. What i have heard is many people ask why the funds set aside for Joey were not used to find replacement players for the long term injured when it was confirmed Joey will not be returning this season.

Sometimes the messaging from the Gypo CEO and Bert can be quite different.

As for Jowic

If the Gypo is so worried about rumours spreading then maybe he should look at his role in organising Jowics departure

The bloke had a contract with the Jets
He wanted to go do something else

Instead of holding Jowic to his contract or leveraging him significantly for a release deal heavily in the Jets favour he come up with some ****ed up convoluted deal where the bloke is apparently training on a daily basis able to come back at the drop of a hat if it falls over for him
That is his doing and has nothing to do with the fans. He is trying to sell us some BS that it was a win for the Jets by signing him to an extended deal. All I see is that we have let one of our brightest talents go for the season. Fair enough if he went overseas to another club for better football but Music FMD

I would offer we missed Jowic a hell of a lit last season and his extended absence was a big reason why we didn't make the 6. When he returned at the back end of the season We started to find some form but too late

The Gypo CEO and Bert are then whinging that blokes who are free agents take 2 to 3 months to get fit and up to speed so we aint bring in players mid season yet he trying to BS the fans that Jowic is not partaking in gangsta life over there and is living like a monk primed for action amonst all that booze drugs bitches etc

Also let me just point out this
We brought Fitzuseless in as Jowic replacement and we are playing Fitzuseless or Hoffman in the role Jowic would have in our side

That be like dropping Steve Smith from the Boxing Day Test and putting Shaun Marsh in his place

anfield
24-12-2019, 04:55 PM
For mine, right now it's pretty much impossible to win the A League if your player budget is within the salary cap. It's simple and proven by Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory's recent success.

Clubs like the Jets and the Mariner's will struggle more season's then not unless they spend on a marquee or do some very good recruiting. A couple of seasons ago they hit the jackpot with Nabbout , O'Donavan, Vargas and McGree. But this year they have took a big punt on Fitzgerald to have a bumper season given his previous bumper season.
Miller has been solid, I assumed they originally got him to play right wing. Disappointed he has been stuck at right back.
I'm disappointed they didn't bring someone in, A player from the NPL would have been worth a crack. He couldn't have done as bad as what has been served up at times. After all Miller and Sheppard were playing NPL on 2 years ago.
Deep down I reckon Merrick is crappy that he can't get a marquee in, I reckon he knows he can't win the competition as well without one.

anfield
24-12-2019, 04:57 PM
For mine, right now it's pretty much impossible to win the A League if your player budget is within the salary cap. It's simple and proven by Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory's recent success.

Clubs like the Jets and the Mariner's will struggle more season's then not unless they spend on a marquee or do some very good recruiting. A couple of seasons ago they hit the jackpot with Nabbout , O'Donavan, Vargas and McGree. But this year they have took a big punt on Fitzgerald to have a bumper season given his previous bumper season.
Miller has been solid, I assumed they originally got him to play right wing. Disappointed he has been stuck at right back.
I'm disappointed they didn't bring someone in, A player from the NPL would have been worth a crack. He couldn't have done as bad as what has been served up at times. After all Miller and Sheppard were playing NPL on 2 years ago.
Deep down I reckon Merrick is crappy that he can't get a marquee in, I reckon he knows he can't win the competition as well without one.

Meant to say Fitzgerald's previous modest seasons.

24-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Meant to say Fitzgerald's previous modest seasons.

God you have no idea just how close to you come to being flamed on that one LOL. Even using modest to describe his form at his past 24 clubs in the HAL is a overstatement. Bloke must have though he won Lotto when a club was stupid enough to offer him up a 2 yr deal.

anfield
24-12-2019, 08:19 PM
God you have no idea just how close to you come to being flamed on that one LOL. Even using modest to describe his form at his past 24 clubs in the HAL is a overstatement. Bloke must have though he won Lotto when a club was stupid enough to offer him up a 2 yr deal.

Haha, I didn't want to be too harsh. I'm hoping the Fitz comes good. A 2 year contract is ridiculous for a player that couldn't get a run with the wanderers last season.
His biggest problem is that we need goals. His A League record is poor, 13 goals in 167 games. 14 assist's again is too small.
The Jets have probably signed him on maybe 100-110? a year and hoping they could unlock his goalscoring issues.

24-12-2019, 10:44 PM
The key to the city is not big enough to unlock that size issue.

The Dunster
26-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Haha, I didn't want to be too harsh. I'm hoping the Fitz comes good. A 2 year contract is ridiculous for a player that couldn't get a run with the wanderers last season.
His biggest problem is that we need goals. His A League record is poor, 13 goals in 167 games. 14 assist's again is too small.
The Jets have probably signed him on maybe 100-110? a year and hoping they could unlock his goalscoring issues.

You want $400k a year performance from a 100k a year player - it's not going to happen.
He doesn't have any goalscoring issues - he's a regular A-League standard player - he's not Castro, Dimi, Ikonomidis... and so on.

StannyCFCJET
26-12-2019, 10:48 AM
You want $400k a year performance from a 100k a year player - it's not going to happen.
He doesn't have any goalscoring issues - he's a regular A-League standard player - he's not Castro, Dimi, Ikonomidis... and so on.

Dimi isn't a goal scorer either

The Dunster
26-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Dimi isn't a goal scorer either

Dimi has a strike rate twice as good as Ninkovic does for Sydney FC.

Are you going to say you wouldn't want Ninkovic because he can't score goals ?

StannyCFCJET
26-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Dimi has a strike rate twice as good as Ninkovic does for Sydney FC.

Are you going to say you wouldn't want Ninkovic because he can't score goals ?

Ninkovic is miles ahead of Dimi, Show me Dimi's goal stats besides the 17/18 season

The Dunster
26-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Ninkovic is miles ahead of Dimi, Show me Dimi's goal stats besides the 17/18 season

He's not Stanny. You just don't rate anyone that wears a Jets shirt.

Dimi is the most underrated player in the A-League. Blokes a legend and all you lot do is trash him.

Ninkovic wouldn't last 5mins surrounded by the players Dimi has to prop up every week.

26-12-2019, 12:52 PM

He ain't no Castro and co for sure, Nobody for a fleeting moment suggests he is. If he is regular A League standard then we have a serious problem with the standard of our national competition.

anfield
26-12-2019, 01:53 PM

I can tell you there isn't many players on $400k or more in the league. Adam Taggart certainly wasn't on $400k when he scored all those goals for the Jets in what seams a lifetime ago. He would have been lucky to get $100k.
I would say Fitzgerald is a regular A League standard player for teams 7-11, if you want to play finals then he isn't a starter. Not sure how you can suggest he doesn't have goalscoring issues. 13 goals in 167 games for an attacker, that a goal in nearly every 13 games. Going on that rate he will only score 2 maybe 3 for the year. I'm still struggling to see how he doesn't have any goalscoring issues??? If he had been scoring heaps of goals then he wouldn't be at his 5th A League club.
At the end of the day Fitzgerald appears to be a good guy, he probably is in his prime age as a footballer. I want to see the guy play well and score heaps of goals, He is a clever player who is missing a few goals to his name, bit of luck and confidence then he could come good.

The Dunster
26-12-2019, 02:15 PM
I can tell you there isn't many players on $400k or more in the league. Adam Taggart certainly wasn't on $400k when he scored all those goals for the Jets in what seams a lifetime ago. He would have been lucky to get $100k.
I would say Fitzgerald is a regular A League standard player for teams 7-11, if you want to play finals then he isn't a starter. Not sure how you can suggest he doesn't have goalscoring issues. 13 goals in 167 games for an attacker, that a goal in nearly every 13 games. Going on that rate he will only score 2 maybe 3 for the year. I'm still struggling to see how he doesn't have any goalscoring issues??? If he had been scoring heaps of goals then he wouldn't be at his 5th A League club.
At the end of the day Fitzgerald appears to be a good guy, he probably is in his prime age as a footballer. I want to see the guy play well and score heaps of goals, He is a clever player who is missing a few goals to his name, bit of luck and confidence then he could come good.

Taggart hadn't established his value when we'd signed him due to a lack of game time. By the time he did we were never going to get him again for $100k a season - hence why Fulham signed him to a contract.

Fitzgerald is all we can afford at this stage. Either accept it or throw your own money into the team.

StannyCFCJET
26-12-2019, 02:41 PM
He's not Stanny. You just don't rate anyone that wears a Jets shirt.

Dimi is the most underrated player in the A-League. Blokes a legend and all you lot do is trash him.

Ninkovic wouldn't last 5mins surrounded by the players Dimi has to prop up every week.

I do rate Dimi but not as a goal scorer

Jetmaster
06-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Just announced he has parted ways.

Who's Next?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Whosnext.jpg

evolution
06-01-2020, 04:46 PM

Who's Next?

Odds on for the gypo CEO to be coach on Friday.

belchardo
06-01-2020, 04:47 PM
OK, good thing or bad thing?

Ernie getting out with some dignity?

Martin making some more effort?

westjet
06-01-2020, 04:47 PM

Who's Next?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Whosnext.jpg

Exhaustive process for coastie overlord to appoint himself is my bet.

mic22
06-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Well, Clayton Zane can... oh, shit...

furns
06-01-2020, 05:02 PM
Id like the appointment of Lawrie just to see the mushroom cloud expanding over Kotara South once the statement goes out :whistling:

belchardo
06-01-2020, 05:05 PM
https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/01/06/breaking-jets-part-ways-with-ernie-merrick/

W-League coach Craig Deans and current assistant Qiang Li will serve as interim coaches

Charman
06-01-2020, 05:13 PM
Deans has been given the gig. Must be due to the women performing so well.

westjet
06-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Would be interested to know who made the call. Did Ernie say enough or did ledman find some cash to pay him out.

Mark325
06-01-2020, 05:21 PM
Anyone have any idea for good replacements? Some dude called John Jutchinson just got sacked as assistant at Western United, could be worth a look in :brrr:

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Ernie had to go and his stubborn ways and idiotic tactical desicions left us no choice

Retro Jet
06-01-2020, 05:36 PM
Anyone have any idea for good replacements? Some dude called John ***tinson just got sacked as assistant at Western United, could be worth a look in :brrr:

If you weren't one of us, that would be a great troll.

PS: Typo fixed.

furns
06-01-2020, 05:43 PM
Save the speculation for the New Coach thread please

06-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Would be interested to know who made the call. Did Ernie say enough or did ledman find some cash to pay him out.

i think you pose a great question,I posted a fortnight ago for all of Ernie's questionable decisions going right back to the first 8 weeks of last season at nos stage would he have even envisaged having such a lean budget to work to.

I would say he was told he was struggling after last nights efforts and at that point he would have blown up deluxe citing Martin Lee's lack of funding. Me thinks a bit of both would have resulted in this outcome.

The Dunster
06-01-2020, 07:59 PM
News is reporting that Ernie got the hook as Ernie said he did not choose to leave when they talked to him after the news broke.

Couscous
06-01-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm now convinced.

Failed to motivate; failed to instil discipline. Had to go. Thanks for 2017-18, Ernie.

Jetmaster
06-01-2020, 08:31 PM
News is reporting that Ernie got the hook as Ernie said he did not choose to leave when they talked to him after the news broke.

That's what I heard too....a Ledman decision despite him wanting to see it through. NBN very much on Ernie's side.

Sad watching the report on Fox as they went through all the names we had less than two years ago....Nabbout, Dimi, Vargas, Roy, George, Joey C, McGree. We had a good base side and let it slip.

westjet
06-01-2020, 08:49 PM
So if this is a ledman decision I wonder what support Ernie got from the gypo. Seems strange to sack him and pay him out when there is no money for any players and cost cutting everywhere. Was thinking that maybe Ernie was jumping ship before we sink even further, but those reports maybe say thats not the case. Could easily see this being another firing due to challenging the boss along the lines of Miller, surely Ernie was reaching breaking point on player funds and I wonder if he snapped and called them out on it.

06-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Our Gypo CEO cited many points to Ernie's justified departure but at no stage did he mention the pitiful budget Ernie had to work with and to make matters worse when club personnel departed and long term injuries hit ie Wes no funds were forthcoming to fill those gaps.

Ernie's departure reflects just as poorly on our Gypo CEO and our owner, They are both just as culpable in this abortion of a season.

MFKS
06-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Our Gypo CEO cited many points to Ernie's justified departure but at no stage did he mention the pitiful budget Ernie had to work with and to make matters worse when club personnel departed and long term injuries hit ie Wes no funds were forthcoming to fill those gaps.

Ernie's departure reflects just as poorly on our Gypo CEO and our owner, They are both just as culpable in this abortion of a season.

Threw him under the bus to save his own arse