PDA

View Full Version : Season 2012/13

GazFish35
21-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Draw?
Bit dodgy we play WS actually in West Sydney for a regional game.

sammydog
21-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't be expecting the FFA to be doing us any favours after the offseason we have had, so it doesn't surprise me our regional game is really a home game for West Sydney.

Thomas477
21-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Draw?
Bit dodgy we play WS actually in West Sydney for a regional game.

Saw that. Very dodgy given that areas like Coffs and Port Mac have a history with football.

Also saw that Roarcelona and Pissants have 14 homes games, as opposed to everyone else who has 13 - Roar and Adelaide don't play regional matches.

Other than that, not too bad, 2 home derbies but 2 away trips to Nix and Perth.

Also the new years period playing Victory and Heart in Melbourne sounds good for an away trip.

Blackmac79
21-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Why are you complaining gav? It's a home game.

Waspy
21-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Only 2 sunday games.

GazFish35
21-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Why are you complaining gav? It's a home game.

Should be at summerhayes park, winmalee FFS.

parksey
21-06-2012, 11:06 PM
2 away games at perth and wellington too. It's only a matter of time before Tinks pulls us out of the comp on the grounds of unfair scheduling.

pistolpete
21-06-2012, 11:29 PM
There are a few issues but how good is the double header in melbourne away

boz_monaut
21-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I am looking forward to the double header in Melbourne, will be too many mongs though so not going.

furns
21-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Typical double eff a screwing up our regional game. It's going to be hard to bear their favouritism for 2 Sydney teams this season. :rolleyes:

Oh well, less travel for me anyway.

pv4
22-06-2012, 08:19 AM
double-melbz over new years <3

am going to try & get to hindmarsh this season. and possibly wellington.

Jeterpool
22-06-2012, 08:34 AM
double-melbz over new years <3

am going to try & get to hindmarsh this season. and possibly wellington.

Agree. Make for a good christmas period.

Hindmarsh is a goal this year too.

Rocknerd
22-06-2012, 08:40 AM
There are a few issues but how good is the double header in melbourne away

Does this mean there'll be a Kaze house Mexican Style?

As is the way of my life I'll be unable to attend due to work or family issues i'm sure but I'm happy with the majority of the schedule, loving the Saturday action.

Pico
22-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Typical double eff a screwing up our regional game. It's going to be hard to bear their favouritism for 2 Sydney teams this season. :rolleyes:

Oh well, less travel for me anyway.

Pretty sure that with Lowy pulling out of SFC they will be brought back to the pack and his new love child will be getting all the favours now, especially when you consider it was the Russian that won the battle with Lowy for control of SFC.

You know like those rumours that Gorman had access to all the contracted players & staff salary lists, HSG were pissed when Wanderers snared our S&C trainer.

Pico
22-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Saw that. Very dodgy given that areas like Coffs and Port Mac have a history with football.

Also saw that Roarcelona and Pissants have 14 homes games, as opposed to everyone else who has 13 - Roar and Adelaide don't play regional matches.

Other than that, not too bad, 2 home derbies but 2 away trips to Nix and Perth.

Also the new years period playing Victory and Heart in Melbourne sounds good for an away trip.

Nah Reds don't have 14 home games, they have 13 "home" games and 1 "regional" game at Hindmarsh....

Mitchy
22-06-2012, 01:04 PM
cant wait to be mong this season

WolfMan
22-06-2012, 04:05 PM

This jumped out at me also. Epic bender is on the cards

Thomas477
22-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Nah Reds don't have 14 home games, they have 13 "home" games and 1 "regional" game at Hindmarsh....

FFS, people wonder why we have little to no faith in the double-eff-ay to run football in Australia.

Superdylan
23-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Hopefully the Melbourne double header (know alot of people keen on this one), maybe the other Melbourne games too, who knows? Adelaide away & Brisbane away.

See what occurs.

MFKS
23-06-2012, 07:18 PM
What does irritate me about the draw is playing twice in Wellington 3 years in a row and having 2 home games V Roar 3 years in a row. Why not just swap the draw over??

If you played Roar Perth Heart Gold Coast twice at home last year (As we did) why not just give us 2 away days against these teams and then give us two home games V the teams we played once at home last year?? All you would need to do is sub Western Sydney for Gold Coast. Then change the rounds around a fraction to mix it up a bit so it looks fresh.

Not exactly rocket science.

Feel the FFA spends far too much time stuffing around with the draw trying to generate interest by picking marquee rivalries to be played at certain times.

Bit more KISS needed

Also the complaints about the regional rounds are harsh and unfounded I feel. Last year we had 3 games in regional hick towns. Adelaide in Bathurst and 2 visits to Gosford.

This season we have 2 games in regional hick towns and are only going to Campbelltown and Gosford once so I see signs of improvement on that front:)

GazFish35
23-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd like to think the Melbourne double header might a tip of the hat from the FFA towards our growing band of traveling fans.

MFKS
23-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Melbourne Double Header not only New Years in Melbourne but days 3-4-5 available of Boxing Day Test at MCG for cricket fans

WolfMan
23-06-2012, 09:02 PM
We should start booking this Melbourne Festivus Trip soon.

Flights Newcastle to Melbourne return running about the $300 mark

Decent Accommodation for the week (27/12 - 3/1) close to the ground approx. $1,300- $1,500 (obviously half that if we feel like twin sharing)

$2k + tix and spending (drinking) money should be a good budget.

MFKS
23-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Have looked into airfares. Cheapest I could find Tiger Airways. Tiger's repuatation isn't founded either. Flights with them have been better than Jetstar or Virgin in my experience

Sydney >> Melbourne return about $60 each way add luggage fees. Only problem is the trip Sydney >> Newy but the savings should add up to a couple of more lap dances in a King St Drinking establishment.

Will look into accomodation a bit more next week but will probably look at staying out of city centre as the prices will be better

Jetmaster
23-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Drive down......and pitch a tent....it's Xmas/NYE and accommodation will come at a premium price.

pv4
23-06-2012, 09:25 PM
quest serviced apartments on William were ~60 per person per night in march.

GazFish35
23-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Sweet, you book for March and we'll all book for when the games actually are!

pv4
25-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Sweet, you book for March and we'll all book for when the games actually are!

ha i meant for the march just gone, was trying to give reference to what we got when we went down.

Jeterpool
25-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Melbourne Double Header not only New Years in Melbourne but days 3-4-5 available of Boxing Day Test at MCG for cricket fans

Yep, sporting week!

Jeterpool
26-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Hacked already hey...

GazFish35
26-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned already too.

Grimario
26-06-2012, 02:52 PM
How do you know it's hacked? rddzzzwlve has just as many posts as some of us forum regulars...

Thomas477
15-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Looking at the corporate booklet for this season. The Waratah Room has, and I quote, "reserved undercover seating in front of northern in-goal area"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't have an in-goal area in football.....

Grimario
15-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Looking at the corporate booklet for this season. The Waratah Room has, and I quote, "reserved undercover seating in front of northern in-goal area"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't have an in-goal area in football.....

Sure we do. Corporate box is set up in place of BK, northern end.

Bon
26-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Finally sorted out renewing my season passes just then.
(Bit of a hassle, since I had two seats in Bay 55, one for me and one under my ex's name.. That whore wont be coming to any other games so had to concinve HSG that since I paid for them both under my name last time that I can do it again.. All sorted!!)

Grimario
30-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Finally sorted out renewing my season passes just then.
(Bit of a hassle, since I had two seats in Bay 55, one for me and one under my ex's name.. That whore wont be coming to any other games so had to concinve HSG that since I paid for them both under my name last time that I can do it again.. All sorted!!)

I had a similar issue. I had 3 tickets on my card... one for me, one for a mate and one for his mate. They only showed up to a handful of games and have decided to either not renew or get GA standing memberships. I wanted to cancel ONE of the two, change the other to my wifes name (slowly getting her interested...) and it was a bit of a nightmare. Still getting "this is your last chance to renew!!!" emails for the seat I wanted cancelled.

Osvaldo
14-09-2012, 06:55 PM
How many others who became members before 4th September haven't received the Membership Pack yet? Did yours get "lost in the mail"?

pistolpete
14-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Dude how about you just post this once (in the right thread if possible) and wait for a response

GazFish35
14-09-2012, 08:41 PM
How many others who became members before 4th September haven't received the Membership Pack yet? Did yours get "lost in the mail"?

this is starting border on spam.

skippy
14-09-2012, 10:58 PM

yes but I'm unsure how they could lost it in the mail, I may need to check my junk folder