PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBN State League Thread

Pages : [1] 2

MFKS
23-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Jets Yoof V West Wallsend Jets 4-0 Kale Bradbury(2) Virgili and Faj got the other

The NSWIS side also Won 4-0

No idea on the EAP game as I didn't get their to 2pm and it wasn't up on the scoreboard

mervan
23-06-2012, 09:24 PM
EAP won 2 nil.

Westy did not score a goal on the day.

Hamma12
24-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Southy v Lakes

17's 1-5
19's 0-0
23's 3-1
1st's 2-1

Waspy
24-06-2012, 10:46 PM
A great come from behind win by southy in first.
23's also playing well.

BodyNovo
25-06-2012, 09:27 AM
lakes are really running on old legs in important positions and in the end it was their killer.

2 centre halfs of burt and matthews, with gumprecht in the middle (who only lasted 30 minutes)

southy honestly should have won the game 5-1 but were stopped by an outstanding performance from the keeper, almost felt sorry for the bloke that he was on the loosing team.

wannabe
25-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Good day out for olympic yesterday.While it was a scrappy game,not helped by a defensive minded phoenix,that makes it 6 wins in arow for olympic and they are looking good.The game was a disappointment though after watching the 5-0 win over magic last week

Mitchy
25-06-2012, 03:15 PM
lakes are really running on old legs in important positions and in the end it was their killer.

2 centre halfs of burt and matthews, with gumprecht in the middle (who only lasted 30 minutes)

southy honestly should have won the game 5-1 but were stopped by an outstanding performance from the keeper, almost felt sorry for the bloke that he was on the loosing team.

i dont believe old legs is the problem. Burt and Matthews were solid all game, with southy both goals coming from unlucky cirumstances.

BodyNovo
25-06-2012, 04:36 PM
i dont believe old legs is the problem. Burt and Matthews were solid all game

come on mitch they were saved about 10 times (no exageration) by their keeper. While they are good on the ball and their experience and talk on the field is no doubt helpful for the younger players, they just aren't capable of a full 90 minutes once the ball is played in behind them they are liabilities. They completely ran out of legs in the second half, in the last 30 minutes nick russel, byrnes and johnson got in behind them on countless occasions, the younger teams with faster players are going to continously run lakes around.

Jardelsimage
25-06-2012, 06:04 PM
i dont believe old legs is the problem. Burt and Matthews were solid all game, with southy both goals coming from unlucky cirumstances.

And what of Lakes goal, how lucky was that........sorry Mitchy but Southy should have won by a hell of a lot more, but if you do a shot count/missed chances etc etc possesion well the stats say it all.

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Lakes keeper kept them in it, had a really good game. Does he play that well every week Mitchy?

Thursday night's game between Charlestown City Highfields Azzurri Blue Wolves FC and Southy looks to be a good game. Winner, you'd think would put them in a good position for semi final football.
Top 5 teams already 8 points clear of 6th.

Mitchy
26-06-2012, 12:30 PM
keeper done very well, kept them in the game.

ForeverRed
28-06-2012, 03:16 PM
maybe the lakes coach should concentrate on coaching rather then putting ridiculous quotes in the herald, things such as 'teams will need to climb mountains to beat us' and the whole revenge thing from last year scenario is to me clutching at straws, oppositions would fire up on all that stuff, if thats the way he needs to coach thats fine but keep it all in house and concentrate on what his own team is doing, other then that South Cardiff were unlucky not to score at least 6 clear cut chances, good job stiggsy.

ForeverRed
28-06-2012, 06:17 PM
NNSWF Select Side announced, opinions please
keepers
Brad Swancott olympic
Nathan Archibald phoenix

defenders

Karl Thornton weston
Josh Piddington magic
Jon Griffiths magic
Bray Smith South Cardiff
Kyle Hodges azzurri
Luke Virgilli magic

midfield

Peter Mcpherson westy
Mitch Harper azzurri
Daniel Bird azzurri
Sean Mathews lakes
Scott Petit magic
Nick Russell South Cardiff
Jarryd Johnson South Cardiff

strikers

Peter Haynes magic
John Maj olympic
Dave Hodgson olympic
Justin Tannock edgeworth

coach Steve Piggott, Damian Smith

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 06:21 PM
needs more Murray Fletcher

furns
28-06-2012, 06:34 PM
needs more Murray FletcherThis

not a decent haircut amongst them

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Seems like every club is represented, more than likely deliberately. Just for the added analysis, league position and number of players selected:

Magic = 5 players
Olympic = 3 players
Southy = 3 players
Charlestown = 3 players
Weston = 1 player
Edgy = 1 player
Valentine = 1 player
Lakes = 1 player
West Wallsend = 1 player

Kind of glad Piggot gets recognised after the job he has done at Southy.

seldom
28-06-2012, 06:42 PM
numbers per club and roster chosen predictable per position on the table. Never too old Mr Mathews

Mitchy
29-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Sean Mathews :cool:

goaliepersempre
29-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Sean Mathews :cool:

legend

Tommyjet
30-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Anyone watch the jets youth play today got a wrap of the performance?

Grunta
30-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Just tweeted that Jets youth won 8 - 2

Tommyjet
30-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Cheers yeah saw that on twitter, they usually put up who scored not long after tweeting the result.

halo se7en
01-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Anyone go to these games? Charlestown City beat Valo 3-1 today at Cahill Oval. Not the most entertaining game and CC looked pretty comfortable all game.

MFKS
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Been to the last 4 yoof games but missed that one. FMD 8-2 towelled them up. Did note that Kale Bradbury got 4 goals.

FFS GVE **** Bridges off put Kale in the first team and then sign up Griffo to play alongside him.

I sense the force is strong in Kale

HAL title will be in the mail by December assuming he is paired up with Griffo.

Bremsstrahlung
01-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Huge wraps on Kale. If he works on his fitness and starts to defend from the front more, he'd be an all round quality striker. He seems to just wander around until it looks like he can score then goes into full gear. It works at this level, but not sure it would in NYL/A-League. Don't get me wrong, he's a class player and if managed well over the next couple of year he'll be playing First Team football.

Grimario
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Match report has just been posted for the Jets game.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-youth-win-82/47933

The Newcastle Jets youth team have returned to the top of the NBN State League table following an 8-2 thumping of Lake Macquarie City at Macquarie Field on Saturday afternoon.

The Jets took a 3-1 lead into the halftime break before the floodgates opened in the second half with Lake Macquarie reduced to 10 men.

Kale Bradbery scored four goals to increase his season tally to 15, while Jacob Pepper, Andrew Hoole, Luke Remington and McLean Nadfalusi also got their names on the scoresheet.

The second-half rout pleased Newcastle Jets assistant coach Craig Deans who has emphasised the importance of being more clinical in the front third in recent weeks.

“It was better than previous weeks and I think it was also good because Lake Macqaurie were down to ten men,” Deans said.

“It can sometimes make it more difficult to break down teams with 10 men because they tend to sit back a bit.

“We spoke about it at halftime and they created a number of chances and probably could have scored a few more goals then they did, so it was pleasing from that point of view.

“They’re younger than most of the teams they are playing so they’ve got the fitness and speed on their side. If they use it properly it can be a real bonus for them.”

Deans said it was disappointing the Jets conceded two goals, but it was something they would continue to work on.

“Sometimes when you’re controlling the game you can become a little bit lazy,” he said.

“The boys know that and to their credit they asked a few questions about that at the end of the game and how they can stop that from happening.”

The win moved the Jets into first place in the NBN State League on 29 points, one ahead of Broadmeadow Magic who drew 1-1 with Weston Bears on Sunday.

The Jets will face a tougher test on Saturday when they face third-placed Hamilton Olympic at Darling St Oval. Olympic are just one win behind the Jets but have a game in hand.

The Baby Piglet
02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Not having a shot at chris tuner, but its seems lakes may have made a mistake sacking their previous coach.

pv4
02-07-2012, 05:20 PM
they didn't sack their previous coach.

The Baby Piglet
02-07-2012, 05:23 PM
they didn't sack their previous coach.

Apologies i was under the impression he was sacked. That being said i retract my initial comment

pv4
02-07-2012, 05:33 PM
graham the former coach left due to non-football issues. the club backed him 100%, and will continue to do so if/when he returns one day (as the article in the paper read).

ForeverRed
03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
a good source has indicated to me that the Jets Youth players who train with the first team have been given the weekend off, 6 players who are regulars for the youth team will be missing, this to me is wrong, the Jets have a commitment to the the NBN competition and gives this weekends opposition,olympic an unfair advantage, I know clubs have injuries and players are unavailable but to blatantly give them the weekend off is a kick in the face to NNSWF, opinions please.

pv4
03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
my opinion: any club could do this, on any weekend.

ForeverRed
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
my opinion: any club could do this, on any weekend.

like i said, clubs have injuries and players unavailable

Zico
04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
spot on ForeverRed. This shows the lack of respect both the Jets and Fed have for the local competition.

Clubs do have injuries but they don't have the luxury to drop 6 players just for the sake of it. This also raises the fears many in the local comp had about biase towards certain sides in the comp.

Respect the comp or piss off in my opinion.

pv4
04-07-2012, 09:10 AM
if anything, don't the clubs have more luxury to just drop 6 players as they have two or three grades underneath them full of players they can use, as opposed to the jerks yoof who can't use nswis and eap players?

if the yoof can now use nswis & eap players i apologize and forget that comment, i am under the impression they can't use them.

Zico
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
What club would have the luxury of dropping 6 players and bringing in 6 first grade quality players from U/23'S? Maybe a few years back when there was a regies comp but not now.
The Jets youth have a playing roster of 20+ to call upon don't they?

pv4
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
well isn't that the whole argument?

clubs have 22+ players to pick from first grade and under 23s, both age groups higher than jets yoof have to pick from.

if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are up to first grade, then where exactly is the unfair advantage given to olympic?

and if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are not up to first grade, then they're in exactly the same position clubs would be in if they had to drop 6 players for certain reasons - whether it be the 6 are overworked and need a break, or they're all going to a friends wedding, or they're going on a skiing holiday, whatever.

all i'm saying is if necessary, as the jets feel it is for this weekend, any team can do exactly what the jets are doing for this weekend.

immersion
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
well isn't that the whole argument?

clubs have 22+ players to pick from first grade and under 23s, both age groups higher than jets yoof have to pick from.

if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are up to first grade, then where exactly is the unfair advantage given to olympic?

and if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are not up to first grade, then they're in exactly the same position clubs would be in if they had to drop 6 players for certain reasons - whether it be the 6 are overworked and need a break, or they're all going to a friends wedding, or they're going on a skiing holiday, whatever.

all i'm saying is if necessary, as the jets feel it is for this weekend, any team can do exactly what the jets are doing for this weekend.

Hey PV4,
I am not saying that the Jets Youth have an unfair advantage but they certainly do have an advantage and to think that they don't is being a touch naive.

First off the Jets get to pick the from the best youngster from predominantly the Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, Coffs Harbour and even as far as Sydney. They have players from different parts of the country. These are some of the best young players in the country or they should be (we hope).

These players are 75% full time athletes i would assume safely. They are apart of a professional environment. If they need a physio they get one right away. Some would be Uni and some would be working part time i guess the rest would be focusing on their football. Unlike 90% of the state league where they have to work, support a family and deal with life. Where the Jets boys leave training go home and mum has cooked dinner. Wouldn't that be nice (i wish i had dinner ready when i got home).

They have some of the best coaches in the country to draw knowledge from. They have senior players to do the same with, and some are training with the top players in the country. These boys are also highly motivated and have the time to put in the effort.

These are just some of the advantages the jets boys have. But dont get me wrong there are some experienced and good players in state league that may even up the situation. But the advantage is clearly in the Jets corner.

pv4
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
cool story bro. this whole argument, however, started by saying olympic would have an unfair advantage - which is exactly what i was counter-arguing. i don't disagree with the majority of what you are saying, and i think for the best up-and-coming players it's exactly what they need and deserve. so i think we're on sort of the same lines.

also don't get too caught up on the whole full-time athlete vs working to feed families etc - from what i've been told there are players that would be getting paid a lot more to play for state league clubs than to play for the yoof. i think a few of the yoof boys would have to get meals cooked by mum because they probably couldn't afford to move out. but that's just a little point, don't get too caught up on it.

Bremsstrahlung
04-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I can see the frustration for teams in around the mix for finals. The Olympic/Jets result on the weekend could decide who plays the minor/major semis. Teams like, Charlestown and Southy who are chasing Olympic would be a little more disadvantaged with Jets fielding a different lineup. Fair enough if the Jets feel they are putting out their strongest team, but resting 6 first team players doesn't sound like they are fielding their strongest team. Fair enough if the players are injured or maybe even resting 2-3 this week, 2-3 the next week would've been better. Players like Virgilli, Pepper, Chapman and Hoole (I'm assuming they are 4/6 that won't be playing. Perhaps Bradberry and Campbell? too) make a massive difference. A team without those players is drastically weaker.

The unfairness comes when say Charlestown and Southy play full strength teams and draw/lose, when an Olympic team plays a half strength team and win. This gives an unfair advantage to Olympic with teams so close on the ladder.

As far as saying any NBN team could do it... They could...But they wouldn't rest 6 of their best players for the game against 3rd place, 3 points behind you with a game in hand.

Zico
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I can see the frustration for teams in around the mix for finals. The Olympic/Jets result on the weekend could decide who plays the minor/major semis. Teams like, Charlestown and Southy who are chasing Olympic would be a little more disadvantaged with Jets fielding a different lineup. Fair enough if the Jets feel they are putting out their strongest team, but resting 6 first team players doesn't sound like they are fielding their strongest team. Fair enough if the players are injured or maybe even resting 2-3 this week, 2-3 the next week would've been better. Players like Virgilli, Pepper, Chapman and Hoole (I'm assuming they are 4/6 that won't be playing. Perhaps Bradberry and Campbell? too) make a massive difference. A team without those players is drastically weaker.

The unfairness comes when say Charlestown and Southy play full strength teams and draw/lose, when an Olympic team plays a half strength team and win. This gives an unfair advantage to Olympic with teams so close on the ladder.

As far as saying any NBN team could do it... They could...But they wouldn't rest 6 of their best players for the game against 3rd place, 3 points behind you with a game in hand.

Spot on!

wannabe
04-07-2012, 03:25 PM
This is the problem with the jets youth.They have a playing list of 22 players so resting 6 players still leaves them plenty to select from.But if thye continue to use first grade squad players such as chapman,virgilli,pepper and co in the nbn side this will constantly happen.Why are players like pepper even playiung state league.Doea anyone really think he will be running around in youth league in the a league.Here is an interesting question.Apparently these first grade squad players have just finished a 6 week pre season block so are having a weeks break.So that means the next break after the next 6 week block falls in the first week of semis.Will these same players be given a holiday during the semis?Lets say a jets game was washed out and the midweek replay was on the same night as jets 1st grade had a trial.Where do you think the players would be going,trial game or nbn comp game?I am all for the jets in the comp but 1st grade squad players shouldn't be playing nbn state league imo

true waterboy
04-07-2012, 04:32 PM
If the youth rest a few players for a week who cares it shouldnt cause such a fuss.

I know I dont play anywhere near the level of this league but we have 5 or so players out atm for holidays etc.
If they have been working hard and they get a holiday or break good for them and it gives other young guys a chance to step up and prove their worth. If they are going to be playing year round they are going to have to have a break at some stage.
also didnt they rest a few players a few weeks bak and still won the game?

immersion
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
cool story bro. this whole argument, however, started by saying olympic would have an unfair advantage - which is exactly what i was counter-arguing. i don't disagree with the majority of what you are saying, and i think for the best up-and-coming players it's exactly what they need and deserve. so i think we're on sort of the same lines.

also don't get too caught up on the whole full-time athlete vs working to feed families etc - from what i've been told there are players that would be getting paid a lot more to play for state league clubs than to play for the yoof. i think a few of the yoof boys would have to get meals cooked by mum because they probably couldn't afford to move out. but that's just a little point, don't get too caught up on it.

I understand what your saying in the second paragraph. If you put Messi as a laborer for a month 40 hours per week. He would not perform the same. He would still be a great player but his performance level would drop no doubt.

Grunta
04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I find it funny that people are saying the jets aren't paying respect to the rest of the comp yet before they even kicked a ball most of the nbn teams were bagging yoof for supposedly being the cause of another team being dropped because the yoof would fail but couldn't be dropped.

They're not breaking the rules are they? Can any team do what they are doing?

Bremsstrahlung
04-07-2012, 11:44 PM
An improbable, unlikely hypothetical (Enter Strawman):
4 team final series... Major: Roar VS Coasties, Minor: Jets VS Adelaide.

Major: Roar (arguably the best team in the comp) rest their best 6 International/Fringe International players, gypos win 1-0.
Minor: Jets obviously beat Adelaide easily.

Roar VS Jets. Roar play their 6 better players and beat us 1-0 with a 120th minute dubious penalty. Go on and thrash typos 10-0 in the Grand final. I can guarantee, you'd all be pretty pissed Roar played a weak team against the Gypos allowing them into the grand final, but played a full strength team against the Jets who arguably could have won/played in a GF if Roar played a consistent team.

I imagine that's an analogy of how NBN teams feel about it for those less "Local football" minded.

mervan
05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
you guys who are compaining are the same ones who said the jets yoof would get kicked off the park at the start of the season, very negative individuals.

What the jets yoof have done this year is show how poor the state league players and more so the coaches are.

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Just be grateful it's not Genclerbirligi/Hacettepe we are dealing with, the whole first squad could run out if they need a result!

seldom
05-07-2012, 02:06 AM
What the jets yoof have done this year is show ''how poor the state league players and more so the coaches are''.

speaking of negative individuals

Grunta
05-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Wasn't it only a couple of years ago (pre jets yoof) a lot of people was bemoaning the strength and power of Magic. With the jets yoof it now give Magic a rest as those teams (or is it their supporters) have another team to blame their problems on.

Zico
05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I take it that many on here have no idea about the State League or are just ignorant to every club except the Jets.

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
A fair assessment zico.

pv4
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
i want to know what was actually concluded from this argument. first it was unfair because olympic would get an unfair advantage, then it was unfair that jets yoof had too many players to choose from. what has everyone walked away from this thread with an opinion of?

also, seeing as though we're able to give our personal assessments, i take it that many on here who are arguing that it's an outrage the jets can drop 6 players haven't been to enough state league games to see that for most teams losing 6 starting first graders for a game happens at least once a season, whether it's due to injuries or another reason, and it is left up to the reserve players available to step up. i would also like to add that i understand that some state league tragics have a personal issue with the yoof coming into the league as at first the yoof were seen as cannon fodder but now are seen as threats to other teams survival, but really the whole general idea of state league is to nurture talent to one day go onto bigger and better things, and having the yoof (basically picked as the best young talent the league has been producing) in nbn is imo the best way to do that as it gives them gametime year-round and makes sure they're not restricted to a certain age group to play in and matures them physically as players.

Bremsstrahlung
05-07-2012, 11:26 AM
What the jets yoof have done this year is show how poor the state league players and more so the coaches are.

Interesting statement.
Correct me if I'm wrong but were not Pepper, Small, Bradberry, Petit (previously jets youth), Peter Haynes a few years back, Fajkovic and Campbell (just a few off the top of my head) state league players within the last 12 months?

Also interesting, when the last 2 years the nnsw under 20s select team has beaten the Jets youth team. Only this year, when they have decided to take some
of the best young first graders have they put together a good quality team.

Must be some Pretty poor Coaches developing these players.....

The point is 6/11 players is a pretty massive change, a change most teams would only consider when playing a team significantly lower, not a team 3 points
Behind with a game in hand. All I'm saying is tht teams in and around Olympic would be pretty annoyed they had narrow losses/draws to a strong jets team, perhaps unlucky not to win, and then their rivals get an "easier" team to play.

MFKS
05-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Just to throw a spanner in the works here about the argument of the Jets dropping 6 players for the Olympic match.

Next Wednesday the HAL Squad play a trial in Canberra. They are also spending a week or so at the AIS doing a training camp. Would it not be possible that these boys won't be playing V Olympic due to their requirements for this?? Not sure exactly when they leave but they could be down in Canberra when this game is actually on maybe??

Pepper, Connor Chapman, Virgili, Gallaway, Mitch Cooper off the top of my head would be 5 of the 6 who will be the "MISSING SIX". Other one ???
These blokes are part of the senior squad and all though at the bottom of the list ARE required to fulfill their first team training committments and play first team trials when required. To my way of thinking this takes preference to the NBN State League and GVE pushing these boys to challenge for a HAL gig isn't disrespectful to the State League but exactly what should be occurring at our club.

Anyone who thinks Olympic are gonna have a walk over without these boys being there Saturday has NFI. Each week the Yoof drop players and swap players and play them in different positions.

Most of the kids have been given spells of games off already this year when fit and ready to lessen burnout issues with the upcoming NYL. Each game the likes of Peppz Virgili Cooper most of the time they are on the subs bench and sent on at a certain time in the match ie after 60 mins rain hail or shine or if they start have a pre determined sub time so it would appear to me GVE and the First team management is taking steps to control the amount of football these kids are playing.

I will be down there at Darling St on Saturday and I would fully expect the Yoof to beat Olympic without these players anyway. The kids there we have got are more than capable of beating all the teams in the State League even without 6 of their "best" players

Sideline
05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
does anyone know kickoff times for edgy vs azurri tonite ?? thanks

GO AWAY
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
does anyone know kickoff times for edgy vs azurri tonite ?? thanks

23s 6.15
1st 7.50

The Baby Piglet
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
IMO i think the jets have been a great addition for the NBN league on a number of fronts. I have a few points to mention after reading the convo's above.
Firstly, I dont see a problem with the jets resting players. This happens in all football leagues around the world, an example is the EPL (FYI im not comparing NBN state league to the EPL, but its the principal behind) Man Utd rest there better players all the time when playing weaker opposition, i spose this is a strategical plan used by managers.
Secondly, from a coaching perspective i think the jets coaching staff have highlighted how far most state league coaches are behind in many managerial aspects.

I think the jets youth have been a great addition to the state league, its has help to improve the standard whilst giving younger players a chance to been seen and impress.

Sideline
05-07-2012, 05:05 PM
23s 6.15
1st 7.50

thanks heaps

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
IMO i think the jets have been a great addition for the NBN league on a number of fronts. I have a few points to mention after reading the convo's above.
Firstly, I dont see a problem with the jets resting players. This happens in all football leagues around the world, an example is the EPL (FYI im not comparing NBN state league to the EPL, but its the principal behind) Man Utd rest there better players all the time when playing weaker opposition, i spose this is a strategical plan used by managers.
Secondly, from a coaching perspective i think the jets coaching staff have highlighted how far most state league coaches are behind in many managerial aspects.

I think the jets youth have been a great addition to the state league, its has help to improve the standard whilst giving younger players a chance to been seen and impress.

I think the gripe here though is that they may appear to be resting players against strong opposition, not weaker.
And
I think the comment about managerial ability is a bit harsh.... The yoof are surely working with what most would see as the best squad, so you'd expect them to be winning. I think the fact the the yoof have been pushed and tested by squads with less resources and who may have indeed lost some of their best to the yoof is a positive reflection on what NBN league teams (the top ones at least) are able to achieve.

Pico
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
I think the gripe here though is that they may appear to be resting players against strong opposition, not weaker.
And
I think the comment about managerial ability is a bit harsh.... The yoof are surely working with what most would see as the best squad, so you'd expect them to be winning. I think the fact the the yoof have been pushed and tested by squads with less resources and who may have indeed lost some of their best to the yoof is a positive reflection on what NBN league teams (the top ones at least) are able to achieve.

Really because all I read and heard was how these kids were not good enough and how they should be relegated and should not be in the league, seems things have changed a whole lot now they are performing and riding high.

I do agree that the comments about the coaches at this level was out of line considering the resources they have and lets not forget where all the players come from.

At the end of the day I see the inclusion as great, I don't really have a problem with the resting of players either, these players will be playing year round now and possibly with internationals & national training camps thrown in as well, the last thing you want to do is burn them out too early.

This entire argument really highlights my one concern about the youth being in NBN, people stop seeing the jets as the overall national representative of all of Newcastle's clubs and start seeing them as the opposition.

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
This entire argument really highlights my one concern about the youth being in NBN, people stop seeing the jets as the overall national representative of all of Newcastle's clubs and start seeing them as the opposition.

I get your point.
Hopefully that doesn't happen, or when it does, it's alleviated when the time comes that we can all watch the jets field a team with a large contingent of players who everyone knows has come through a local club, into an NBN club, into jets youth in nbn and then onto first team a-league.

ForeverRed
05-07-2012, 06:49 PM

pretty sure james pascoe cut his teeth in the NBN state league, poor statement

Bremsstrahlung
05-07-2012, 09:42 PM

When they play in NBN they are the opposition..they are competing for points, semi final and grand final spots so they are the opposition. However, as Gary said, come NYL season, I will be supporting them, as will most others.

true waterboy
05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I just read that cooper duncan chapman and brillante have commitments with the u20s in indonesia. would this be 4/6 players that people are complaining about being rested from nbn?

Bremsstrahlung
05-07-2012, 10:34 PM
If so, diabolical decision to send the players. They should know this weekends clash against Olympic is much more important than some international whatsy-ma-call-it game in indonesia....*Insert troll face*

MFKS
06-07-2012, 01:10 AM

I wouldn't say the Jets have highlighted how far behind the other state league coaches are in the Managerial aspect. Admittedly they are a fair bit behind. What the Jets yoof are highlighting is how poorly run some of the clubs are with their yoof development themselves.

Watching many of the first grade sides there are many players playing that are big physically and run all day. These blokes usually lack the technical skills but their size makes them a useful proposition at this level. Obviously something is going wrong with who is being selected to advance up the grades as most clubs lack quality first grade standard players who are gonna trouble this Jets yoof size in a technical sense. There only options are to close the gap by resorting to physicality and tactics.

Majority of the time they just try to sit back and hold certain positions in the field to prevent the Jets yoof attacking in the pre determined manner of their game plan. This at times frustrates the Jets yoof as they can find it hard to break down a team parking the bus and playing on the counter. Majority of sides seem to do this against them and the success they have is sooner or later they get a chance or 2 or 3 when the Jets lose the ball in the back half of the field.

The majority of the goals the Jets Yoof concede are pretty poor. Individual stuff up or lack of marking usually because they don't mark up well at all or due to being out fought physically or lack of defensive skills. These kids are being sold a bit short as pro footballer wannabes with the defensive aspects of the game not being bedded down really well with them due to the possession base game they are being hammered with and the 70% possession they enjoy most weeks.

What does concern me with this State League experiment is that if these clubs don't raise their standards the Jets Yoof will be either punted or pull out citing lack of competition in future years.

At present I fully expect the Yoof to win the GF. Magic will give them a good contest but they are still at present not as good a side as this yoof team is Maybe Olympic on their day will also give a good contest but the rest won't beat them for the prize.

The problem is how good are the yoof gonna be next year when the rigors of this competition are learned and the players better prepared for its demands?? As the Jets club evolves under this proper club set up HSG are developing how good is the next generation gonna be when GEN NEXT the NSWIS squad is walking the U17's this season. How good are the future generations gonna be. In 2-3 years they will walk it in all 3 grades. That's neither good for the NBN State League or good for NU Jets HAL side when the kids are gonna be rudely shocked by the rise from Yoof team to HAL level

seldom
06-07-2012, 01:31 AM
believe most state league players and coaches thought jets youth would be a threat come semi time.But I think we were all suprised on just how well they'd do. Don't think there's too many NBN people on the foz to be making some of the ludicrous statements above.Should imagine any state league coach would jump at the chance to coach a youthful team training most days of the week as opposed to part timers training 2 maybe 3 times a week.Actually like youth being in the comp and really dont give a rats who they play or rest but having shots at them or the quality of NBN coaches and players stinks of ignorance.

Pico
06-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I get your point.
Hopefully that doesn't happen, or when it does, it's alleviated when the time comes that we can all watch the jets field a team with a large contingent of players who everyone knows has come through a local club, into an NBN club, into jets youth in nbn and then onto first team a-league.

Hopefully that's the way it falls, it's one of the reasons I initially thought it would be better for the youth team to go and play in the NSWPL.

MFKS
06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Hopefully that's the way it falls, it's one of the reasons I initially thought it would be better for the youth team to go and play in the NSWPL.

Fully agree that is where the future lies for the Jets Yoof. I believe all the NSW teams in the HAL should be fielding a side in Winter in the NSWPL Smurfs Wooden Spoon Wanderers Gypos and Us consolidate the rest of the NSWPL with the better teams and push on from there. That competitions standard would be raised immediately by the inclusion of the 4 NSW HAL clubs fielding sides

Disinterested Bystander
06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Fully agree that is where the future lies for the Jets Yoof. I believe all the NSW teams in the HAL should be fielding a side in Winter in the NSWPL Smurfs Wooden Spoon Wanderers Gypos and Us consolidate the rest of the NSWPL with the better teams and push on from there. That competitions standard would be raised immediately by the inclusion of the 4 NSW HAL clubs fielding sides

There's a greater chance that I'll bed Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry together than this happening. There's was plenty of 'the end if nigh' type predictions when the yoof were allowed into NBN, just think how much worse it'd be if new football tried to replace a third of the effnik clubs in the NSWPL? Not a hope in hell of it happening.

Zico
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
i want to know what was actually concluded from this argument. first it was unfair because olympic would get an unfair advantage, then it was unfair that jets yoof had too many players to choose from. what has everyone walked away from this thread with an opinion of?

also, seeing as though we're able to give our personal assessments, i take it that many on here who are arguing that it's an outrage the jets can drop 6 players haven't been to enough state league games to see that for most teams losing 6 starting first graders for a game happens at least once a season, whether it's due to injuries or another reason, and it is left up to the reserve players available to step up. i would also like to add that i understand that some state league tragics have a personal issue with the yoof coming into the league as at first the yoof were seen as cannon fodder but now are seen as threats to other teams survival, but really the whole general idea of state league is to nurture talent to one day go onto bigger and better things, and having the yoof (basically picked as the best young talent the league has been producing) in nbn is imo the best way to do that as it gives them gametime year-round and makes sure they're not restricted to a certain age group to play in and matures them physically as players.

Not exactly, most clubs won't stand in the way of a young player but your attitude is what pisses me off. What about the countless volunteers that spend 30+ hours per week working at their club (state league or any lower division) in attempt to make their club the best it could be? I'm sick to death of certain Jets supporters and officials seeing every lower div club as being there just for the Jets resources and nothing else. For fk sake some of these clubs have been around for over 125 years so show them some respect.

MFKS
06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Not exactly, most clubs won't stand in the way of a young player but your attitude is what pisses me off. What about the countless volunteers that spend 30+ hours per week working at their club (state league or any lower division) in attempt to make their club the best it could be? I'm sick to death of certain Jets supporters and officials seeing every lower div club as being there just for the Jets resources and nothing else. For fk sake some of these clubs have been around for over 125 years so show them some respect.

What exactly are you proposing the Jets do to avoid "using" the resources of these clubs??

After all the Jets are to offer a pathway to talented players to push on and move on to playing one day at the HAL/Socceroos/Europe/Asia levels for talented kids. Talented players are not gonna spend their time playing for a State League club forever if they wish to push on to higher levels. The best yoof in the region are gonna end up at the Jets as opposed to State League Clubs. Unfortunately that is the reality.

I agree with you on one thing with this. The Jets shouldn't be pilfering players midseason to bring into their squad as they have done with Small from Magic and there was someone else from Valentine who joined after about Rd 9. I don't think this is right as it is strengthening them and weakening their rivals

This though is a short term bit of pain and within two years it will have stopped. The Jets Yoof team will be a bit more organised and have enough of a squad at the start of the season it won't be required.

Don't forget at the start of the season the Jets Yoof couldn't field the full compliment of subs due to their thin squad. Also in time they won't be taking the next generation of Yoof directly from State League Clubs. Next generation will have come through the ranks of the EAP and NSWIS teams so the link to Jets Yoof players and State League Clubs will be very distant and most wouldn't have played for a State League clubs junior side since they were 13-14 years old.

Agree the Jets could be doing a bit more for the State League Clubs but give them time. A lot has happened in the last 12 months.

pv4
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
most of said volunteers are parents of players who want to see the best possible environment for their young ones to progress through, or are former players who want to see the next generation of players getting the best environment to progress through.

i've been apart of state league and lower clubs, in a playing & volunteer capacity, and i can tell you that the people with the mentality that football isn't bigger than their particular club(s) are the ones who are hindering the progression of players to lead to better things, and they're holding back the progression of the game in general.

think about the things that make local clubs most proud, i'd be surprised if lakes were more proud about their trophies that they probably offhand can't remember what years they won them as opposed to saying they brought through craig johnston.

it's important to have a strong club, it's important to compete as a team and invoke pride in victories, but the overall goal of any state league club is to produce the next best crop of players for the national league & national team. people/clubs who are in it for other reasons are what pisses me off.

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM

But they were orried about traveling to Weston!
How on earth would they cope traveling the length of the F3 every other week!

MFKS
06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
But they were orried about traveling to Weston!
How on earth would they cope traveling the length of the F3 every other week!

Put them on City Rail each fortnight and harden them up.

No trip down the F3 required until the regulation Track work kicks in and will take care of that

Zico
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
most of said volunteers are parents of players who want to see the best possible environment for their young ones to progress through, or are former players who want to see the next generation of players getting the best environment to progress through.

i've been apart of state league and lower clubs, in a playing & volunteer capacity, and i can tell you that the people with the mentality that football isn't bigger than their particular club(s) are the ones who are hindering the progression of players to lead to better things, and they're holding back the progression of the game in general.

think about the things that make local clubs most proud, i'd be surprised if lakes were more proud about their trophies that they probably offhand can't remember what years they won them as opposed to saying they brought through craig johnston.

it's important to have a strong club, it's important to compete as a team and invoke pride in victories, but the overall goal of any state league club is to produce the next best crop of players for the national league & national team. people/clubs who are in it for other reasons are what pisses me off.You have missed my point.

goaliepersempre
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
The Jets yoof discussion... seriously... WTF?

get over your computer chairs...

Any club can do what they want when they want.....

quit with all your tall poppy syndrome talk

fail

pv4
06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
You have missed my point.

is your point that it's an outrage that the jets youth are filled with the best young talent from the newcastle region?

Swanky
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Olympic v Jets Youth
Moved to Sunday @ Darling St Oval 2.30pm

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
is your point that it's an outrage that the jets youth are filled with the best young talent from the newcastle region?

I didn't think it was

Hamma12
06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Olympic Vs Jets 17's and 19's postponed.....

1st grade rescheduled from Saturday to Sunday 2.30 kickoff

immersion
06-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I didn't think it was

I would have to agree Gary. If the Jets staff have picked what they think are the best talent in the newcastle region. I think we need some new talent scouts.

q-money
06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
god help us all imo

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I would have to agree Gary. If the Jets staff have picked what they think are the best talent in the newcastle region. I think we need some new talent scouts.

I was saying that I didnt think it was Zico's point.
Oh FFS I forget why we are talking about now anyway.

How bout that carbon tax eh?

mervan
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Olympic Vs Jets 17's and 19's postponed.....

1st grade rescheduled from Saturday to Sunday 2.30 kickoff

Why aren't they playing the 17's and 19's on subday as well?

Swanky
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Why aren't they playing the 17's and 19's on subday as well?

With the ground like it is it will need some good drying weather to get 1st grade on

skippy
06-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Edgy 3 - Azzurri 2, Azzuri down to 10 men after 30 minutes, cost them in the end

GO AWAY
07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
23s southy 2 magic 0
1st magic 1 southy 0

mervan
07-07-2012, 11:01 PM
With the ground like it is it will need some good drying weather to get 1st grade on

State league clubs are purley focused on first grade, this will need to change with the new rules, most will struggle

Bremsstrahlung
07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
State league clubs are purley focused on first grade, this will need to change with the new rules, most will struggle

:rolleyes:

Zico
08-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Who? I can only think of Edgeworth, Olympic and Phoenix who try to buy a first Grade premiership every year and disregard Juniors.

ForeverRed
08-07-2012, 10:06 AM
magic supporters are the rudest people I have ever come across, stay in your fruit shops old men

GazFish35
08-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Let's keep it respectful.

plague
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone confirm if Olympic v Youth is on today?

Swanky
08-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Anyone confirm if Olympic v Youth is on today?

Game is on 1st Grade Only

plague
08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Cheers mate.

The Magician
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks. Based on the profanities eminating from the scumbag stand at the southern end of Ullinga it is disgusting that a duty officer wasn't dispatched to curb the F*** and c*** words that could be heard by people sitting in the grandstand on the north western touch line.

You should learn from our fruit shops a lesson about being stocked up, Southy ran out of hot food and chips 10 minutes into first grade yesterday.

Swanky
08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Who? I can only think of Edgeworth, Olympic and Phoenix who try to buy a first Grade premiership every year and disregard Juniors.

Mate you live in dream.
Olympic and South Cardiff are the only 2 state league clubs that allow there juniors to play on the same ground as their seniors.
Olympic juniors get poached from other clubs cause they have been succesful for many years.
This year is the same u12a 1st / u13a 2nd / u14a 5th / u15metro 3rd / u16a 3rd / u17sl 1st / u19sl 5th / u23sl 3rd
Olympic try their best to promote within but with poachers everywhere it makes this hard

wannabe
08-07-2012, 01:02 PM

every club does it ar some stage zico.i can remember 3 years ago magic running second last and going and buying half a side.they got keegan shane paul birch hakan from phoenix,tippet from weston,berlin from olympic.i am sure lakes are similiar.i dont think gumprecht,burt, osullivan,brown,parker,mathews,tannock,reed or maguire were there juniors.westy dont have any juniors as such.so that is 6 of the 9 clubs(we wont include jets).i know a lot of boys at weston have been there for years but dont know if they were weston juniors?so that really only leaves southy and azzurri.I am not having a shot at anyone here just wanted to point out that it is a bit more widespread than just limiting it to 3 clubs zico

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2012, 02:25 PM
With regards to crowds: Every club has it's supporters that are role model citizens and those that are not. That's just life. Football is a passionate game and supporters are arguably the most passionate people within a club, frustrations are bound to boil over given the tense and jovial situations the game provides. While players and coaches swear on the field, it is unreasonable to expect the same from supporters who can be intoxicated. Again, groups should not be persecuted as a whole when it is only a few individuals. E.g the Squadron last year were branded all as hooligans for the flares and march to Bluetongue. 99% of people were well behaved and did nothing wrong, but a minority did, and the whole group was blamed. From the games I've seen involving Southy, their supporters add great atmosphere to games, something the league needs, but i have heard a few go over the top with comments/language and behaviour.

"State league clubs are purley focused on first grade, this will need to change with the new rules, most will struggle": The way the game is run by NNSW it only rewards results in first grade, so clubs put an emphasis on first grade to maintain their sponsorship, players, supporters and revenue (which enables them to improve facilities and resources). It would be unrealistic for clubs to neglect first grade and develop younger players, chances are if they did, they'd be in NEWFM next year and their 'developed juniors' will move to NBN clubs. It's all about balance. Players are just as much to blame as clubs though, well vice-versa also applies. There are a lot of influences to where players choose to play: success, money, facilities, how the club treats it's players, opportunity, mates, parental influences, locality etc. But as Wannabe said, all the clubs do it to some degree. A lot of players from Azzurri and Southy are locals and love the club and would play there even if the club was in NEWFM, as displayed by Azzurri.

BodyNovo
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
take away south cardiff supporters and it would be a major loss for the league. they travel to every game, support their team in a vocal way (which for the state league is really unfounded), and they pour countless amounts of money into the club and other clubs (when they travel) in gate entries, food and drinks.

if anyone has been to a south cardiff game in the last week would have seen the brand new scarves around the place, they were made by the southside not by the club, the club is supportive of them and they police the group the best they can. They can't be expected to station a duty officer with them at all times as there are other events around the ground that need attending to.

every supporter group is going to have its bad eggs as mentioned above, and yes the language that comes from the location of the ground at times is poor, but the positives highly outweigh the negatives.

in regards to the food situation, it can be very hard to pick an attendance for any game especially when there is only going to be 2 games on from your normal 4 and the weather leading in has been poor. South cardiff like many other clubs i assume aren't going to overstock food and drinks for a game where they don't expect many people to be coming to, but yes there was a really strong attendance yesterday for a game you wouldn't expect to see many people to. you would expect today at the youth v olympic game they will be highly stocking there food and drink supply for the game.

in regards to yesterdays game, credit to magic they dug in when missing important players and there keeper was outstanding.

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2012, 05:16 PM
From the sounds of twitter, Darling St is the place to be.

MFKS
08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Olympic 4 - Jets Yoof 2

Faj in Goals:p:D:cool:

Yes Faj is a State League GoalKeeper these days. BK and Birrighitti can breathe easy coz Faj won't be taking their gig anytime soon

12 Man Olympic managed to beat a 10 men Jets yoof Team this arvo.

All the people whinging about the Jets Yoof resting 6 players should be screaming for an audit of Olympics Finances and the Referees Finances. I hung around the sheds after the game but seen no signs of brown paper bags so it must have been deposited into an off shore account

The bloke had the biggest axe to grind against the Jets all day. You would have sworn he had come around to his mothers house in the morning to find his mum, sister and Wife having a 4 way with Lord Griffo. FMD the only time the Jets got a call all day was when an Olympic player put it out for a throw in and there was no Jets player within 15 yards of him.

Fair play to the Jets Yoof today who after all the shit they copped from the ref kept their cool and composure when lesser sides would have lost the plot. Also well done playing against 12 blokes for 90 mins and only have 10 on the park for 75 mins of it. 3-1 down after 25 mins after some Faj brilliance to set up Johhny Maj for the 3rd and it could have got ugly. They dominated the 2nd half with 10 men. Had a penalty ignored. Scored to make it 3-2 and should have had an 11 on 10 contest except the ref showed his incompetence again by failing to send Matty Austin off for a last man foul in similar territory with this time the fouled player actually running at goal. How does 1 bloke get sent off for last men when he brings down a bloke running away from goal to the corner flag yet a bloke who brings one down running at goal only gets a yellow.

Even the olympic Fans were embarrassed by this shit.

The only saving grace is this ref will never make HAL level, Some one will kill him first

I am sure someone will tell me I am looking at it through rose coloured glasses but that was a joke and made my blood boil watching that. This ref was not incompetant but biased to a ridiculous level. Made Matthew Breeze look like Pierluigi Colina

BodyNovo
08-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Have just seen highlights on NBN

And Faj how much I love you

Goal scorer to goal saver :/

The Dunster
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8286/7525718948_c8957e81f1_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7525721342_33ae80d6e2_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7525720492_df74415c7b_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7266/7525719824_b0b796f748_z.jpg

The Dunster
08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8004/7525718308_3f311e3d3c_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8015/7525717142_00eca2051f_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7525716206_06e4de4889_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7525715206_f020e7843d_z.jpg

The Dunster
08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8010/7525713628_1488009f75_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8142/7525712586_0c13d4239e_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8161/7525711596_2b29957fe1_z.jpg

The Dunster
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7525710566_762eec51be_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7124/7525714398_fb0475ca90_z.jpg

Referee :o

Either way though it was an entertaining game. It's a shame more people don't attend.

seldom
08-07-2012, 09:25 PM
darling st. pitch looks alright ....did it hold up ?

plague
08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Haha ease up MFKS.
Some real young boys out there playing against some real grown men today.
Thought best team won.tough game but if the younguns want to succeed they are going to have to deal with days like today.
Very, VERY, tough red card but otherwise ref didn't get too much wrong.
Jets 5,6 and 9 are real talent hope they keep going to make the top team.
Johnny Maj is a beast. Respect where it's due.

plague
08-07-2012, 10:48 PM
darling st. pitch looks alright ....did it hold up ?
Pitch was a bit wet in the corners otherwise held up well. Didn't effect the play at all.

Jardelsimage
08-07-2012, 11:18 PM
You should learn from our fruit shops a lesson about being stocked up, Southy ran out of hot food and chips 10 minutes into first grade yesterday.[/QUOTE]

not sure what your on about as i had hot chips and gravy, just before half time and if Southy did run out of food it would not be because of the maso supporters as they only support there local fruit shop and dont spend to much on away games. cant comment to much on the rest of the shit that happened except that it does happen and all are guilty in some way at some time

The Dunster
08-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Haha ease up MFKS.
Thought best team won.tough game but if the younguns want to succeed they are going to have to deal with days like today.

The Jets and Olympic have played twice. Each has scored five goals and had a player sent off.

The difference is that the Jets managed to score a goal when they were a man short. Something Olympic were unable to do against the Jets.

plague
09-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Ummmm ok so why quote me? What was your point?
Was just saying from my observation Olympic deserved the win. Not their fault they had an extra man. Jets were good enough to get a goal but they were 2 good teams. The fact one are men and one were boys means that if the boys can do well now it bodes well for their futures.

Thomas477
09-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Thought Faj did alright, apart from the set up for Johnny Maj's 2nd and the VeFlaphi like attempt for the 4th goal.

Got to ask though, what the **** were they thinking not having a back up keeper on the bench? I know Duncan was unavailable, but surely they could have got someone else?

pv4
09-07-2012, 07:17 AM
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/1992290.jpg

:cool:

GazFish35
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Got to ask though, what the **** were they thinking not having a back up keeper on the bench? I know Duncan was unavailable, but surely they could have got someone else?

here's your answer.....
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/jets-youth-team-caught-short-after-keeper-sent-off/2617119.aspx

JETS youth team coach Clayton Zone hopes common sense will prevail after the farcical situation yesterday in which striker Dino Fajkovic was forced to play in goals for most of the 4-2 loss to Hamilton Olympic at Darling St Oval.
The Jets were reduced to 10 men in the 18th minute when keeper James Fogarty was given a straight red card after he cleaned up Olympic striker Clayton Poole just outside the penalty area.

Fogarty had come in to the starting side in place of Jack Duncan, who is one of four Jets in Indonesia with the Australian under-20 team.

Under Northern NSW State League regulations, the Jets were unable to call in a replacement from the NSWIS program team, who play in the under-19s competition in the Jets’ place, leaving them without a back-up keeper.

‘‘You hope the season is going to pass by and it won’t be a problem,’’ said Zanem who was in charge for his first game yesterday.

‘‘It ruined the match.

‘‘The programs flow through to each other. The next step from NSWIS is the youth team. It makes sense to give them the experience, especially in circumstances like this.

‘‘We need to try and sort something out.’’

Fogarty receives an automatic two-game suspension. There is general bye this weekend due to the State Cup finals in Coffs Harbour. Duncan will be back for the clash against Weston on July 23, but as was the case yesterday, he will not have a back-up.

The Jets faced a similar situation early in the season when injuries and the late arrival of players meant they had just two players on the bench.

Rather than reach into the NSWIS squad, they recruited extra players from State League clubs.

Northern NSW Football chief executive David Eland said at the time that regulations separating the Jets and NSWIS were organised in consultation with the clubs and would not be changed mid-season.

The scores were locked at 1-all yesterday when Fajkovic took over in goal, having equalised for the Jets two minutes earlier.

He tipped a Tom Walker free kick over the bar with his first touch.

But by half-time he had retrieved two balls from the back of the net as Olympic grabbed a 3-1 lead.

Fajkovic was at fault for the second, sending an attempted clearance straight to Olympic striker John Majurovski who slotted home from 15 metres.

‘‘I have a new respect for keepers,’’ said Fajkovic, who had never played in goals before yesterday.

‘‘It so different. Knowing when to come out, judging crosses ... the whole lot.’’

Despite being a man down, the Jets continued to push hard and got a goal back on the hour through replacement Blake Green.

But Poole ensured there would be no miracle comeback three minutes later when he headed home a Walker cross at the back post.

The loss was the Jets’ third of the campaign and they have now been joined on 29 points by Olympic, who stretched their winning sequence to eight games.

Olympic coach Mick Bolch had nothing but admiration for the Jets.

‘‘You can’t give them enough credit,’’ he said.

‘‘They are young kids but they were still going at the end harder than we were with 11 men.

‘‘Overall I was very happy with our boys. We identified areas we wanted to squeeze them and the boys stuck to the game plan. It was important for us to get that fourth goal.’’

Elsewhere yesterday, Scott Smith scored a hat-trick as Charlestown City overpowered West Wallsend 5-1 after scores were level early in the second half.

Nathan Morris converted from the penalty spot after Jason Cowburn was pulled back in the box to seal a 2-1 win for Weston over Valentine Phoenix at Bear Park and a 10-man Lake Macquarie went down 2-0 to resurgent Edgeworth at Macquarie Field. On Saturday, Broadmeadow Magic beat South Cardiff 1-0.

MFKS
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Haha ease up MFKS.

Actually I was pretty disappointed with Olympic. They were 3-1 up after 25 mins with a beyond novice goal keeper and they really failed to test him. Sure Faj let in 3 goals, 1 was definitely self inflicted with the intercepted pass to Johnny Maj with an unattended goal 25-30 yards, Can't really comment definitely on the 4th goal (as the angle I was viewing the game at didn't help) but it did appear that Faj flapped at a cross that a goalkeeper would have claimed comfortably but Olympic very rarely tested the Jets goal in the remaining 65 mins.Everything Faj kept out he should have, I would have and everyone else on the forum would have. Olympic only created 2 worthwhile chances in the 2nd half. The 4th Goal and a free header a couple of mins later that was wasted.

To my way of looking at it that is a pretty poor return when 3-1 up and playing 10 men with a rookie novice keeper. A good side would have put the Jets to the sword yesterday when 3-1 up after 25 mins. It could have got quite ugly with 8-9 going in. Olympic posed minimal threat with 10 men.

Would have been interesting to see how it went 11 each for 90 mins or even 10 V 11 with the Jets actually putting a keeper on and not a striker in goals. If Duncan went on after the send off and assuming Olympic played the way they did there is easily 1-2 goals off their tally. Makes for a very tight contest

Pitch was in good nick but one thing that did surprise me was the poor choice of footwear some of the Jets players chose. For aspiring Pro Footballers slipping over as often as they did yesterday for some of them was pretty amateur. Olympic players slipped at about 1/4 the rate Jets Yoof were. FFS boys put the right type of studs in FMD

Send a thought out to the poor bloke at Olympic who has to pump up the balls after the game that bloke will be busy. Haven't seen a side put their boot thru it as often as Olympic did yesterday in this country for many a year. Half the balls used would have be almost flat by fulltime

Long Ball Merchants:eek::(

p-diddy
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Jimmy pascoe is a great coach i dont think clayton zane will be doing much coaching there more just there for image and to learn how to coach from a good coach.the way the jets keep the ball was good to watch. even at 3 1 down and a man down they didnt panic and tried to keep the ball number 5 is super sharp always looked dangerous

Thomas477
09-07-2012, 07:49 PM
here's your answer.....
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/jets-youth-team-caught-short-after-keeper-sent-off/2617119.aspx

Thanks. Still seems strange that they can't get a back up.....

And I agree with the comments re: Olympic, they should have gotten to double figures against the youth.

plague
09-07-2012, 11:21 PM
And I agree with the comments re: Olympic, they should have gotten to double figures against the youth.

Yeah, can agree with that.
You can also look at it that if you're playing a team thats above you on the table and have a 3-1 lead its pretty natural to want to protect that lead. Sometimes just getting the three points is enough.

and MFKS the 4th goal was a classic novice keeper misjudging a cross (albeit staring into the sun) and flapping away like an air traffic controller. Felt sorry for the lad. Big ups to him for having a go though.

Thomas477
10-07-2012, 12:14 AM
You can also look at it that if you're playing a team thats above you on the table and have a 3-1 lead its pretty natural to want to protect that lead. Sometimes just getting the three points is enough.

and MFKS the 4th goal was a classic novice keeper misjudging a cross (albeit staring into the sun) and flapping away like an air traffic controller. Felt sorry for the lad. Big ups to him for having a go though.

Yeh that's fair enough, just would have thought that Olympic would want to make a statement against the Yoff. Either way, they still got the three points.

As for the 4th goal, as a keeper who flaps myself, no worse feeling. Although, as you said, credit to him for having a go and actually trying to intercept the ball rather than stay on his line.

The Dunster
10-07-2012, 03:33 AM
What about the Olympic keeper ? He did a great job on Sunday and yet doesn't get a mention.

goaliepersempre
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Lol the foz... now the Jets dont have enough players :P

MFKS
10-07-2012, 12:13 PM

Thats exactly what I was alluding to with the 4th goal. From the angle and distance of my view it appeared almost comical the way Faj tried to deal with it and appeared a classic rookie howler. If my angle and distance had of been better I would have called it as a novice rookie howler with the arms flapping like an air traffic controller coz that was exactly how it looked from my position. It may have been a better quality cross than it appeared but I was going easy on Faj and giving him a bit of benefit of doubt

MFKS
10-07-2012, 12:33 PM
NORTHERN NSW Football chief executive David Eland is in talks with the Jets about fielding a second team in the State League that would play in the under-23 competition from next season.

The team would be made up of under-18 players and would bridge the gap between the Northern NSW Institute program squad, who play in the under 19s, and the Jets under 20s, who compete in first grade.

The introduction of a Jets feeder team would prevent a repeat of the farcical situation on Sunday when striker Dino Fajkovic had to play in goal for most of the 4-2 loss to Hamilton Olympic after keeper Jim Fogarty was sent off.

Fogarty had come into the starting side in place of Jack Duncan, who is one of four Jets in Indonesia with the Australian under-20 team.

Under Northern NSW State League regulations, to which all clubs agreed, the Jets could not call in a replacement from the NNSWIS team, leaving them without a back-up keeper.

Any change to the competition format is subject to approval by the NNSWF standing committee, but Eland was confident the proposal would be accepted.

‘‘My discussions with the Jets have been positive and I would suggest there will be four elite teams playing in the state league – first grade, under 23s, under 19s and under 17s,’’ Eland said.

‘‘That will allow us to put to the clubs that the regulations be changed and that the elite club be treated like all other clubs, which would facilitate the transition of players between the grades.

‘‘At the moment kids go into the NNSWIS program for a two-year period but they are younger now than what they used to be.

‘‘Unfortunately, what happens is that kids graduate from the NNSWIS program and are not old enough to go into Jets national youth league program.

‘‘Rather than go back and play club football for one season, we want to keep them in a professional environment for 12months of the year.

‘‘When it gets to state league next year the vision is that the Jets will field their youth team in first grade and an under-23 team, which will be under 18s for them.

‘‘NNSWIS are no longer supporting football after this year and that squad [made up of 15- and 16-year-olds] will be rebadged as the National Training Centre.’’

The Emerging Athletes Progam (14- and 15-year-olds) will continue to play in the under 17s.

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby was not available for comment yesterday.

Eland said the proposal would be assessed at the standing committee meeting next month.

‘‘The commitment we make to clubs is that any changes for the next season are sorted out while the previous season is still on,’’ he said.

The likely change will not ease the Jets’ situation.

Fogarty received an automatic two-week suspension. There is a general bye this weekend due to the State Cup finals in Coffs Harbour. Duncan will be available for the clash with Weston on July 23, but he will not have a back-up.

Eland said he understood there was frustration on Sunday but the Jets had ample opportunity to discuss regulations before the season began.

Mod note: use
with the text in the middle, or use the little speech bubble button.

seldom
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
jeez state league clubs issues fall on deaf ears and the yoof get caught out having 1 keeper and the world changes.

doesnt the whole comp change in 2014 to u16 u18 and u20 and 1sts. Don't get me wrong I think its great jets get to play all year and the younger ones get experience but to me they'll just start dominating all grades especially the youth leagues.

ForeverRed
10-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Id like to know where all these players are going to come from, u16, u18, u20(3 over age) and first grade, nnswf are hinting at a 12 team competition with the jets and maybe a mid coast team, no way is there enough players at these age levels to have a competitive competition and now they want the jets to take more of our players, why would clubs invest 7 to 8 thousand a year only for the jets to have all the best players , move them to sydney as newcastle does not have enough quality to go round. The big picture at stake here is the tradition of the state league, clubs are not happy and I cant blame them.

pv4
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
maybe the comp might strengthen from it. players from the coast and even sydney might see the lack of opportunity they are getting down there and notice that nbn is a growing competition, and come play in it. young players from around the place might see the increased exposure to the jets, and the a-league, and be enticed to enter the newcastle scene.

some state league clubs are too happy the way things are.

plague
10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
The big picture at stake here is the tradition of the state league, clubs are not happy and I cant blame them.

Whilst ever clubs/leagues are not the top tier of their sport arent players going to always leave to chase a better opportunity?
Be they Jets/Sydney clubs/overseas?
If the goal of all this is to increase the amount and level of junior players getting exposed to better competition isnt that a good thing?
The well run clubs (and only using some examples here im sure there are more) like Olympic and Magic will always have good kids coming through and will always have them leaving to improve themselves. This has been happening for years and the good clubs have always survived.
I would love it if these clubs who nurture these kids are compensated if they do go onto bigger and better things but you cant blame the players for wanting to get better nor can you blame the association for wanting to provide them a platform on which to do it.

Pico
10-07-2012, 06:13 PM
What would moving the jets youth teams and any junior/academy teams to Sydney do except maybe open them up to criticism for taking the best young juniors out of NNSW, arguably it would mean the jets teams would face harder competition. It wont stop the best young players from aspiring to make it to the jets youth teams &/or academy, they'd just be playing out of our state federation & isn't the point about having a national league representative so that the best young players can advance and potentially play on the national stage for their home town team.

If the jets don't take on the younger & local players they are blasted for neglecting their own turf, not looking out for the players in NNSW. If they do take on extra players across age groups help get them into a free elite development academy environment so they stand the best chance for advancing they are told to stop raping and pillaging the state league teams.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

ForeverRed
10-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Whilst ever clubs/leagues are not the top tier of their sport arent players going to always leave to chase a better opportunity?
Be they Jets/Sydney clubs/overseas?
If the goal of all this is to increase the amount and level of junior players getting exposed to better competition isnt that a good thing?
The well run clubs (and only using some examples here im sure there are more) like Olympic and Magic will always have good kids coming through and will always have them leaving to improve themselves. This has been happening for years and the good clubs have always survived.
I would love it if these clubs who nurture these kids are compensated if they do go onto bigger and better things but you cant blame the players for wanting to get better nor can you blame the association for wanting to provide them a platform on which to do it.
I find it strange you mentioned olympic, a club who signed at least six new first grade players this season and have players in u23s who don't get a look in, funny development that.

plague
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I find it strange you mentioned olympic, a club who signed at least six new first grade players this season and have players in u23s who don't get a look in, funny development that.

Naaawwwwwww man, are we really going to be like this?
Is this seriously how you took that comment?
I used the club as an example because it is one of the first ones that came to mind when thinking of NBN League clubs.
If I should have mentioned yours instead then I apologise.
I have no link to either club but can only comment on clubs when i have played against them or been to their grounds to watch as to my belief that they are 'well run'.
My point is that players, like employees, like pretty much everyone single one of us, are going to follow an opportunity if it benefits us. Im yet to see a club, be they the Jets, Sth Cardiff, or Madrid who go round to players houses and put a gun to players heads to make them play.
Maybe your comment should be directed at the six new players who signed for Olympic rather than the club for wanting them or providing them with an opportunity.
If these kids in 23's are good enough then they will get a run either with Olympics first team, or another club with half an idea will make them a better offer.
and i also dont care if a player joins aged 6, 16 or 26. If the club makes them better then thats what i consider to be development.

pv4
11-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Naaawwwwwww man, are we really going to be like this?
Is this seriously how you took that comment?
I used the club as an example because it is one of the first ones that came to mind when thinking of NBN League clubs.
If I should have mentioned yours instead then I apologise.
I have no link to either club but can only comment on clubs when i have played against them or been to their grounds to watch as to my belief that they are 'well run'.
My point is that players, like employees, like pretty much everyone single one of us, are going to follow an opportunity if it benefits us. Im yet to see a club, be they the Jets, Sth Cardiff, or Madrid who go round to players houses and put a gun to players heads to make them play.
Maybe your comment should be directed at the six new players who signed for Olympic rather than the club for wanting them or providing them with an opportunity.
If these kids in 23's are good enough then they will get a run either with Olympics first team, or another club with half an idea will make them a better offer.
and i also dont care if a player joins aged 6, 16 or 26. If the club makes them better then thats what i consider to be development.

i wish to take the smallest, most insignificant point of your large comment you just made & counter-argue it with force.

take that!

plague
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
i wish to take the smallest, most insignificant point of your large comment you just made & counter-argue it with force.

take that!

Well played Sir.
And with that, I award you victory.

pv4
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Well played Sir.
And with that, I award you victory.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/gifdogdance.gif

seldom
11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
charlie v southy off tonight

Hamma12
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
charlie v southy off tonight

What is going on here? Smallest amount of water on the surface,so Cookie and his committee decide its too dangerous for matches....Did newcastle really get soaked last night ???? What a disc race

ForeverRed
11-07-2012, 04:47 PM
What is going on here? Smallest amount of water on the surface Cookie and his committee decide its too dangerous for matches....Did newcastle really get soaked last night ???? What a disc race
I live within 500 metres of Lisle Carr Oval and the rain we had would not have wet the back of my hand, they played their on Sunday so it cant be to wet, I think they have Coffs Harbour in the back of their mind,this is the 3rd time this fixture has been called off, Charlestown need to find an alternative venue or a least show they have tried to, or maybe spend some money on drainage in the off season, not a good look Charlestown

Mitchy
11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
my 19's game also has been washed out 3 times at charlestown.

Bremsstrahlung
11-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Have heard off various people that the pitch on the weekend was VERY soft. Heard claims players were ankle-deep in Lisle Carr turf when stopping/turning.

12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Olympic v Edgeworth called off tonight

namwob99
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Let the whole whingin about games being washed out commence!!

Swanky
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Olympic v Edgeworth called off tonight

Newcastle Council closed the ground

MFKS
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Remembered the other day when the Olympic V Jets match was postponed due to the weather a game played back in the day at Darling St. Playing Azzurri in U18's it started raining just prior to kick off. Game kicked off and we scored after about 8-10 seconds. A couple of mins later the heavens opened up and the pitch was waterlogged. It was water logged that severe that there was puddles were probably about 5cm deep covering the pitch. Every time you passed the ball it would go about 4 yards and come to a complete stop. You basically had to play Futsal Beach Soccer style scooping the ball up into the air. Game descended into a farce. Continued playing anyway and we won the game 1-0. Reserves and 1st Grade still played that day and although the rain wasn't as severe for them it was still pretty heavy.

Back in those days we wouldn't have thought to call a game off for this. Why the knee jerk reaction in this day and age?? I drove past Darling St oval Saturday weather was Ok pitch may have been wet but coming from my time I couldn't quite understand the logic with the postponement. Are the local councils putting their foot down now and if so why??

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Too much money is spent getting fields sorted to good standard to have them ruined by heavy use when wet.

goaliepersempre
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Too much money is spent getting fields sorted to good standard to have them ruined by heavy use when wet.

if they spend that much money, it shouldnt get ruined... or easier to repair

Zico
12-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I personally think it's the councils getting very worried that if somebody had a serious injury on a wet pitch that they could be sued. It's part of their OH&S to ensure that all surfaces are safe.

I think it's a joke but thats the world we live in.

MFKS
12-07-2012, 09:31 PM

Most sporting grounds tend to be built in low lying areas where the chances of construction are quite slim/impossible

As a result most of them are bog pits when it rains. Other than the initial costs of leveling the field and the construction of what other amenities on site what else do the council do at these sites other than collect rubbish and mow the fields??

Where is the significant amount of rate payer investment???

GazFish35
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Wet fields played on turn to mud, compacted mud.
Mud dries out, turns to dirt, grass dies.
Then we all complain about rock hard dry dusty fields.
Councils/clubs then need to spend coin aerating topsoiling and returning.

NNSW need to build an all weather pitch faculty!

I played for a club that were allowed to play on in wet weather one season, the next three we had a field that looked like the lunar surface, and ended up having a game cancelled due to wind, as the amount of topsoil being blown around made it impossible to play!

It's a horrible balance to try and keep.... Add to that the risk of lawsuits if someone gets injured.

seldom
12-07-2012, 10:15 PM
maybe council spend some money on drainage

plague
12-07-2012, 10:38 PM

made the observation in another thread about Lake Macs ground being the best we've played on this year by far. It also happened to have new drainage put in during the off season. im assuming council paid for that. would be difficult for councils to use ratepayers funds to fix up everyones grounds.
after seeing Olympics ground on sunday, it was good considering but with a bit more rain and the chance of a weekend of no use coming up I can see how the decision was made for the long term benefit.

maybe people upset at the cancellations should be directing their anger at God/Allah/L.Ron Hubbard/Flying Spaghetti Monster for all this rain.

and MFKS even by your lofty standards you are on a real tear tonight.

mervan
12-07-2012, 11:44 PM

yeah get Council to pay, the clubs have enough to worry about you know, forking out $80k a year for amateur players

GO AWAY
13-07-2012, 09:26 AM
yeah get Council to pay, the clubs have enough to worry about you know, forking out $80k a year for amateur players

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont forget there are sheep stations at stake mervan, if its the councils calling all these off because of oh&s well so be it, if its the clubs doing it because they dont want to hurt their fields or risk injury to there champion professional players they have, thats a joke.

Toughen up boys and play on the concrete like the old days. :)

pv4
13-07-2012, 09:34 AM
i remember playing 19s v olympic (feat jason hoffman) and there were puddles so big on the field that the ball couldn't roll, and hence the only way to play was scoop the ball to your teammate. hoff put probably 5 past us that day - olympic would just scoop the ball over the top & he would use his finely-tuned-athletic skillz to sprint past everyone and chip the keeper. great athlete, that kid.

the only time i've felt unsafe on a football field due to weather, however, has been on the old phoenix ground in town, and the new phoenix ground at belmont. not so much during rain, but a few days after, the cricket pitch actually on the field turned into an ice-like rock-hard surface that no player could actually change direction on once running on it.

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2012, 08:15 PM
With regards to grounds, can somebody clarify the ownership of grounds. Do the councils own all the grounds? And respective clubs simply use/lease them and if they damage them, the council fines them? Or do the clubs own/maintain their fields?

GazFish35
13-07-2012, 09:17 PM
It would different for every club I'd suspect.
Some would be council grounds, some on 99year leases, some would own them.

I can understand everyone's frustrations with wash outs happening at the first sight of a heavy cloud, but in the long run everyone gets better fields for longer.

We recently had a summer comp ruined by rain, we played three games. Rain would make the grounds unplayable, they'd dry out, and just when the ground was firm enough to mow, the rain would come.... Long grass then meant they took longer to dry out.... We had three weeks of sunshine, but the fields were too wet to mow, eventually they were cut, and it rained.

The cost of repairing a field ruined by heavy use when too wet would be pretty high I'd imagine, so everyone just needs to grin and bare it.

The other option is to let games go ahead then have everyone complain at the state of the fields when they dry out and not be able to spend money on other facilities like clubhouses, toilets and lights..... Or all weather pitches!

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2012, 10:52 PM
But, but, but......W-what w-will we d-do if we can't whinge? :(

I was just curious to hear which grounds were owned by clubs, and which were council owned. I'd imagine Magic and Edgy would be owned by the clubs, with the ammount of effort going into the facilities?

seldom
14-07-2012, 02:22 AM
better drainage = more games played.

I dont give a fvck if council or clubs pay for it !

GazFish35
14-07-2012, 03:03 AM

I was just curious to hear which grounds were owned by clubs, and which were council owned. I'd imagine Magic and Edgy would be owned by the clubs, with the ammount of effort going into the facilities?

I think Westy either have a 99 year lease or were given the land by the mine.
Emphasize the word "think"

Disinterested Bystander
14-07-2012, 08:59 AM

Would be very surprised if any NNSWF club at any level (state league, first division, zone leagues, juniors) own their own grounds, other than perhaps one of the grammar schools that from memory were in the junior comp. All of them would be council grounds.

GazFish35
14-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Dont magic own Wanderers?

Just guessing. Please don't shoot!

Zico
14-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I think Magic, Westy, Edgy and Weston are in total control of their own grounds.

ForeverRed
14-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Magic, Westy, Edgy and Weston are in total control of their own grounds.

not sure about other clubs but South Cardiff are facility managers of Ulinga Oval, this means they control the finance generated through registration by the user groups, junior football, senior football and cricket, approximately $10000 a year goes into a fund which can only be spent on upgrading and repairing the facility, also electricity bills are paid from this, 3 years ago the management group put drainage through no 1 oval at a cost of $7000, money well spent I think and most of it was done through volunteers in the club, they have also built a new grandstand and during next summer new lighting will be added to both no1 and no 2 ovals through a grant, this is how all Lake Macquarie Grounds operate so it pays to have as many user groups as possible to generate funds, grounds like Lisle Carr and Westy only have the one user group so funds would be limited unlike Edgeworth who have a wealthy backer but they will never own anything they build, all Lake Macquarie grounds are called out by the management groups not the council , hope this answers some questions

GazFish35
14-07-2012, 05:04 PM
How long are "facility managers" given that task.
Sounds like a decent use of community facilities.

ForeverRed
14-07-2012, 09:12 PM
How long are "facility managers" given that task.
Sounds like a decent use of community facilities.
until the council think your not doing a good job, it started back when parents complained about regos rising but did not realise where the money was going, with out this nothing would happen,council cant afford it

Bremsstrahlung
14-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks ForeverRed, valuable insight there. Southy management/committee doing a great job there. I heard a rumour Southy were looking into a Magic-esque grandstand with an "eagles nest" or similar but Council said it needed disabled access, something that was going to jack the price up a bit. I stress, just heard this, probably a year or 2 ago now...

pv4
17-07-2012, 08:28 AM
bures has been brought into the northern team to play the jets. newyrover sure to go wild about this.

BodyNovo
17-07-2012, 10:14 AM
bures has been brought into the northern team to play the jets. newyrover sure to go wild about this.

finally the big guy is getting the kudos he deserves. been in the top 5 centre backs this season.

Bremsstrahlung
18-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Is the game free like it was last year? or how much?

seldom
18-07-2012, 01:26 AM
maybe wrong but i think 5 bucks entry.......u16s free

Hamma12
18-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Charlestown V Southy next wednesday night.
Let's hope it doesnt rain from monday onwards fingers crossed

Bremsstrahlung
18-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Charlestown V Southy next wednesday night.
Let's hope it doesnt rain from monday onwards fingers crossed

From now onwards*

Hamma12
18-07-2012, 03:04 PM
From now onwards*

Well it's suppose too rain tomorrow till monday as stated below

http://www.weather.com.au/nsw/newcastle

ForeverRed
19-07-2012, 06:14 PM
looks like the jets youth will be without a keeper again this week with duncan been given a week of and the other keeper is still suspended, heard galloway is going in the sticks, who they going to blame for this one , gary van egmond pleaded with nbn clubs for their inclusion now he treats the competition like this , disgrace if its true

Grunta
19-07-2012, 09:11 PM
looks like the jets youth will be without a keeper again this week with duncan been given a week of and the other keeper is still suspended, heard galloway is going in the sticks, who they going to blame for this one , gary van egmond pleaded with nbn clubs for their inclusion now he treats the competition like this , disgrace if its true

Gve didnt have to plead a thing it was the FFA that mandated that a league yoof must play in the local premier comp. if you recall if was the nbn clubs bagging the shite out of the yoof with their comments about what poor form it was that another nbn team would have to be relegated because jets yoof would come last but could not be relegated.

Now all the nbn clubs are running scared and happy that this years rules have them backed into a corner. Have your moment it won't last long.

Dont get me wrong i love the nbn comp have done for many years, but I think the thing that upsets a lot of the hard core nbn club fans is that they see a team of kids who are just beginning their football journey beating their club who have their players that have reached their pinnacle of their career and will most probably go no further.

Suck it up girls and be grateful we have such great young talent coming through the ranks. Remember chances are those that don't make the grade in a league etc. will only make nbn stronger.

Swanky
19-07-2012, 09:42 PM
FFA that mandated that a league yoof must play in the local premier comp. .

Good to see Central Coast, Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC allnot in their respective Premier Leagues. Why is it only the jets have a team in their Premier League

furns
19-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Good to see Central Coast, Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC allnot in their respective Premier Leagues. Why is it only the jets have a team in their Premier League
Because Northern and Jets have an ongoing working relationship and were able to get it organised quickly?

ForeverRed
19-07-2012, 10:41 PM
What a rant, you missed my point, yeah be in the comp but don't treat it like a poor second cousin, your comment, "suck it up girls" was totally uncalled for, don't bother anymore

GazFish35
19-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Why has Duncan been given the week off?

seldom
20-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Gve didnt have to plead a thing it was the FFA that mandated that a league yoof must play in the local premier comp. if you recall if was the nbn clubs bagging the shite out of the yoof with their comments about what poor form it was that another nbn team would have to be relegated because jets yoof would come last but could not be relegated.

Now all the nbn clubs are running scared and happy that this years rules have them backed into a corner. Have your moment it won't last long.

Dont get me wrong i love the nbn comp have done for many years, but I think the thing that upsets a lot of the hard core nbn club fans is that they see a team of kids who are just beginning their football journey beating their club who have their players that have reached their pinnacle of their career and will most probably go no further.

Suck it up girls and be grateful we have such great young talent coming through the ranks. Remember chances are those that don't make the grade in a league etc. will only make nbn stronger.

:wtf: :blush:

BodyNovo
20-07-2012, 08:57 AM

i'd assume its because he has only just got back from the afc tournament.

give the faj another go :lol:

Pico
20-07-2012, 09:26 AM
What a rant, you missed my point, yeah be in the comp but don't treat it like a poor second cousin, your comment, "suck it up girls" was totally uncalled for, don't bother anymore

What I'd like to know is why exactly the nbn teams don't show any respect to other clubs and treat the State Cup comp as a second cousin, disrespecting their opponents by playing second, third or youth line ups.

Zico
20-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Beacause NNSWFF are the FFA's yes men and always implement first what ever the FFA hand down regardless if it is in the best interest of the comp (or clubs) or not. This isn't a dig at the Jets Youth but rather a comment on the history of NNSWFF.

ForeverRed
20-07-2012, 06:02 PM
What I'd like to know is why exactly the nbn teams don't show any respect to other clubs and treat the State Cup comp as a second cousin, disrespecting their opponents by playing second, third or youth line ups.

when NNSWF start taking it seriously then maybe the clubs will,
example,
last season a weekend was put aside for the solo cup,though nnswf allowed some clubs to organise deferred fixtures, South Cardiff played azzurri, the following day they had a deferred fixture on, South Cardiff won 9 nil
example
make it to the quarter finals, at least, it costs clubs $2000 to get there and put players and staff into accommodation, if you dont win the final your out of pocket
know the facts before you shoot your knowledge off

ForeverRed
20-07-2012, 06:03 PM
because its to far to travel to weston

Pico
20-07-2012, 06:51 PM
when NNSWF start taking it seriously then maybe the clubs will,
example,
last season a weekend was put aside for the solo cup,though nnswf allowed some clubs to organise deferred fixtures, South Cardiff played azzurri, the following day they had a deferred fixture on, South Cardiff won 9 nil
example
make it to the quarter finals, at least, it costs clubs $2000 to get there and put players and staff into accommodation, if you dont win the final your out of pocket
know the facts before you shoot your knowledge off
When NNSW start taking NBN seriously so will the jets.

Example Why not allow the jets to call up another keeper instead of forcing them to play with only one.

sarcasm clearly lost on you, carry on.

ForeverRed
20-07-2012, 08:27 PM
When NNSW start taking NBN seriously so will the jets.

Example Why not allow the jets to call up another keeper instead of forcing them to play with only one.

sarcasm clearly lost on you, carry on.

so if weston, charlestown, olympic, whoever, happen to be short of keepers then their allowed to call on any old keeper to play, I think not, the jets youth are like any other club with a certain number of players signed, may if they did not have a week off in the middle of the season would help their cause, no ones forcing them, they brought this on them selves, carry on.

MFKS
20-07-2012, 08:54 PM
So seriously who's playing in goals for Jets Yoof Sunday???

Planning on taking someone with us to the game for a laugh if Faj is in the nets again

Grunta
20-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Truth be known the current rule setup makes it impossible for the jets yoof to compete on a level playing field. In practice a standard nbn team would have at least 5 keepers to pick from whereas yoof have two.

There was a rush for both parties to get yoof into this season so there was no thought to this or any other situation like this. Nbn clubs didn't give a toss because I'm sure they thought yoof would be embarrassed out of the comp, but yoof have proved they are more then competitive, NNSWF see this as a great opportunity to create pathways for young players. So the rules will change next year to ensure yoof get a fair chance to compete.

In the end this will raise the standard of nbn comp all round

seldom
20-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Truth be known the current rule setup makes it impossible for the jets yoof to compete on a level playing field. In practice a standard nbn team would have at least 5 keepers to pick from whereas yoof have two.

There was a rush for both parties to get yoof into this season so there was no thought to this or any other situation like this. Nbn clubs didn't give a toss because I'm sure they thought yoof would be embarrassed out of the comp, but yoof have proved they are more then competitive, NNSWF see this as a great opportunity to create pathways for young players. So the rules will change next year to ensure yoof get a fair chance to compete.

who are the NBN teams that didnt think the youth would be competitive ?

hawk
20-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Most of the coaches want yoof out when the the turmoil occured even though garaunteed of staying for the year. Must have known they'd be upstaged.

plague
20-07-2012, 10:02 PM
NNSWF see this as a great opportunity to create pathways for young players. So the rules will change next year to ensure yoof get a fair chance to compete.

thank you Grunta, you just explained the whole argument.
Who gives a toss if Magic/Olympic/Sth Cardiff dont win it every year.
cry me a freaking river some of you blokes.

mervan
21-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Surely it hasn't been a terrible thing having the jets in the NBN, can't see what the problem is.

Bremsstrahlung
21-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Their season up until now has been great for the State League. But, i can see the frustration from NBN clubs regarding their 'resting' of players and the inconsistent teams, especially getting close to the end of the season. I get that the Jets are a Professional team playing year round (who of course, need a break occassionally) but they are playing against Semi-Professional players who play for 20 + (preseason) weeks a year, who don't need to rest players. The whole concept of resting players in NBN only really comes into it after a few washout when teams might play 5 games in 2 weeks. I also think there were few grey areas with the Jet's resting players. Some were of the opinion they were having a weekend off to go hit up Fannys on a Friday night or just laze about, but as it turns out players were either in Canberra for the trial or overseas playing for Australia.
Another issue is that the Jets Youth aren't really playing for anything. Like, I can't see them being too disappointed if they get knocked out in the semis, or lose the grand final, they'll be more interested in their upcoming NYL season and staking their claim for a spot in the team.

A pet peeve of mine is people that are saying that Jets Youth are too good for the league, when half the team is made up of NBN State League players. Take the ex-NBN players out and I think you'll have a much weaker team. No Hoole, Pepper, Bradberry, Faj just to name a couple off the top of my head. In previous years during the NNSW Youth vs Jets Youth, NNSW have dominated them, and it is only now that NBN players are getting considered that I think the standard has risen.

Overall, it is providing a clearer pathway for kids to play for the Jets whether it be for children to develop through Academys, EAP, NSWIS and Jets or those that may develop a little later, by playing for NBN clubs and being 'poached' to play for them. This is the good aspect. I'm sure a lot of clubs will be annoyed that their clubs are being weakened by Jets taking the best of the best juniors, but in the end, its for the players development, if it doesn't work out, they might return to their original club.

As somebody else suggested in another thread or this one earlier (I can't find it), I think the Jets could be doing more for NBN Clubs on game day, give something back to all the clubs. Send an email out to all the members telling them where the games are, send some players to sign autographs, do a signed football raffle at each game, some half time activities like crossbar challenge or get Regan or Wheelhouse or any player for the matter, to jump in goals and try to save a few penalties, give the kids a free ticket to a Jets/NYL game as a prize, there's a million things that could be done to alleviate the whole us vs them drama happening at the moment.

Like anything there's two sides to everything. The side that thinks the Jets in NBN is great and think NBN clubs are whinging, or those that believe the NBN clubs have a reason to be annoyed/frustrated. I guess it comes down to the fact, NBN clubs are competing against the Jets. Jets don't need to worry if they will/won't be around next year or if their major sponsors will contribute as much next year given their results, NBN clubs do.

/rant

seldom
21-07-2012, 01:42 PM
well said

hawk
21-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Another issue is that the Jets Youth aren't really playing for anything.
Hardly. The jets kids would love to take this trophy and prove there are higher levels that the state league can strive for.

The clubs coaches were whinging and were quick to suggest the demise of the youth team which was quite stupid despite the garauntee season long survival. Admittedly they were concerned about retaining a squad.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/jets-youth-team-under-pressure-to-quit-state-league/2517288.aspx?page=2

Even if it's temporary, which i hope it isnt, imo it's the best thing to happen to the NBNSL for a while.

Hamma12
21-07-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/jarryd-johnson-danger-man-for-the-blues/2631138.aspx?storypage=2

Jarryd Johnson danger man for the Blues

CHARLESTOWN will be out to shut down South Cardiff skipper Jarryd Johnson when the sides chase vital points tomorrow at Ulinga Park in the first of two head-to-head battles in four days that could decide their play-off fates.
But for Gunners coach Steve Piggott, his main worry is the people around his key playmaker as his team search for their goal-scoring touch.
With five games apiece remaining, fourth-placed Charlestown (27 points) and fifth-placed South Cardiff (22) are under pressure to book their places in the Northern NSW State League finals with Edgeworth (19) finishing with a flurry.
South Cardiff appeared all but secure in the top five before 1-0 losses to Edgeworth and Broadmeadow stalled their campaign.
Piggott said a lack of goals prompted him to push Johnson forward from his usual attacking midfield role a month ago but the creative force needed more help.
‘‘I’m not happy I have to keep playing him in the front third,’’ Piggott said.
‘‘He’s a better midfielder, better at controlling the game.
‘‘But we’re lacking someone up front who can put in one or two goals consistently.
‘‘I’ve put plenty of pressure on Dean Kelley, he’s been back two games, to score some goals, because if he doesn’t, I don’t know where they are going to come from.
‘‘Martin Raines has been playing quite well, but he hasn’t been scoring either.
‘‘We’re paying blokes to play in these teams and score goals, and that’s what we need them to do.’’
Piggott said the Gunners were missing Dino Fajkovic, who joined the Jets this season, but that they had coped through the first half of the year.
‘‘While the midfielders were scoring goals we’ve been winning games, but that seems to have dried up,’’ he said.
‘‘It’s not from a lack of creating opportunities. We’ve just got to find that little bit of killer instinct at the last 10 yards of the park.’’
Piggott said it was crunch time for the Gunners.Blues coach Mark Wilson said South Cardiff were impressive in the loss to Broadmeadow and that stopping Johnson was a key to beating the Gunners
‘‘Jarryd Johnson is a go-to man for them and he’s one guy we’ll have to watch,’’ Wilson said.
‘‘But they have young guys all over the park who are very fit and mobile. They just compete for 90 minutes, and to get a result against them you’ve got to do that as well.’’
The Gunners have Jason Korotich out injured, and the Blues will be without Daniel Bird and Cameron Hughes through suspension.
Kyle Hodges is expected to return from suspension, and Rob True may be back from a calf injury in a game Wilson says is vital for his side to win.
‘‘We’re still not guaranteed a semi-final spot,’’ Wilson said.
‘‘These next two games are really important and could define our season.’’In first division today, leaders Lambton Jaffas host Cessnock. Tomorrow, Adamstown welcome Belmont Swansea, Thornton travel to Singleton and Maitland are away to Toronto Awaba.

Mods feel free too move article too daily news if you wish

seldom
22-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Hardly. The jets kids would love to take this trophy and prove there are higher levels that the state league can strive for.

The clubs coaches were whinging and were quick to suggest the demise of the youth team which was quite stupid despite the garauntee season long survival. Admittedly they were concerned about retaining a squad.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/jets-youth-team-under-pressure-to-quit-state-league/2517288.aspx?page=2

Even if it's temporary, which i hope it isnt, imo it's the best thing to happen to the NBNSL for a while.

Thanks Hawk...that article actually names coaches who wanted the youth gone.I always thought it was club commitees who put up a stink....I stand corrected and a little embarrased

Grunta
22-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey Seldom it's the nbn coaches that should be embarrassed

pv4
22-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I think you both misinterpreted that article. the coaches weren't just saying "get rid of the yoof", they were saying once the jets senior team looked like the yoof weren't going to get into there anytime soon, the yoof players would begin to search elsewhere to fasttrack their Hal careers. the coaches were saying it was only a matter of time before the yoof were left with no players. and hence after that article they signed a few more players from state league clubs which is when the committees started to kick up a stink.

Zico
22-07-2012, 09:55 AM
That article is about the Jets as a club when they folded and has nothing to do with the Jets being not wanted in the state league.

Grimario
22-07-2012, 05:48 PM
So... Gallaway played in goals AND the yoof beat Weston 2-1?

Zico
22-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Was at the Westy game today and deadset Westy will struggle in NewFM next year. I'll predict that Adamstown will be in the NBN 2014 straight up now.

Hamma12
22-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Southy V charlestown
17's 0-5
19's 2-3
23's 2-3
1st's 1-3

extremely dark day for everyone involved at Southy

q-money
22-07-2012, 10:02 PM
jeez the southy/azzurri game looked pretty rubbish from the highlights, also saw a bit of yakkety yak towards da ultraz, lol

MFKS
22-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Went to Weston today to take in the Jets Yoof game.

During warm up I noticed Big Bobby Catlin putting the Jets keeper through his paces. After struggling for about 30 seconds to work out who it was and thinking they must have got someone new started to giggle and realised it was Galloway in Sticks.

The rumours were true. FMD

Game kicked off and Weston hoofed the ball down the park Beckham Xabi Alosono style straight at goal as Sammy was loitering around the penalty spot. Ball sailed harmlessly over bar though I think Sammy may have been in strife if it had of been on target. Ref blew play back for something and the game was started correctly. Once again Weston hoofed it up the park and this time Hoole got a touch and misguided a header whilst under no pressure and Weston had a cheap needless corner. Initial thought was this will be getting bombed into the 6 yard box to test out Sammy's skills. Weston didn't disappoint and the Jets cleared for another corner.

Initial thought was this will be getting bombed into the 6 yard box to test out Sammy again. Sure as shit it was. Galloway did well and claimed it before being bundled over the line illegally and the ref awarded a free kick and the Jets breated a sigh of relief.

About 10 mins in Weston were awarded a free kick 25-30 yards out and I thought here we go. First goal coming up. Was nearly right. Weston hit the post somehow with the initial shot. Exactly how I am not quite sure but Galloway can have the blame coz a normal keeper would have had no worries dealing with it. The ball cam back out into the goal mouth straight to a Weston player about 4 yards out and was expected to see the net bulge except the bloke thought he had time to roll a cigarette before firing at goal. In the meantime Kanta's little bro got back to make a desperate goal denying block. Meanwhile exactly where Galloway was I am not sure he was in the goal and should have been diving on the ball by now (assuming he was a goalie). The ball after ricocheting off young Kanta fell to another Weston player 6 yards out with the open goal. Now it would be easier to score, it would be easier to miss the goal all together yet somehow this fella blasted it against the bar when that would have been the hardest option at his disposal. Ball rebounded to safety.

Not long after Galloway struck again!! After picking the ball up he then threw it to the turf and once pressed by the striker Sammy decided to pick the ****er up again. Indirect free kick inside the box. Not a good angle and away to safety.

Not long after Weston hit the post for a 2nd time though it would have been ruled out for offside.

After this Sammy went from strength to strength after dealing with the initial onslaught from Weston. Could have had a lot to do with his team actually getting control of the match and starting to take control of the game. Admittedly with very few chances coming there way although the ball retention and spreading of play was good if it lacked a cutting incisive edge to it.

35 mins in the Jets took the lead after a cracker of a goal from Mitch Oxborrow. Sweet left foot curling into the top corner from the d. What made it even more good was the wonderful interchange of passing involving Peppz Kale Bradbury and Mitch.

Jets hung on for a comfortable 1-0 lead at HT with Sammy still keeping a clean sheet. NOT SURE HOW??

Second half although the Jets controlled the ball well were still failing to create much that didn't come from a run and cross from the Members stiffy inducing fave Kale Bradbury. **** that boy has some talent!!

Weston though were starting to push forward and were starting to cause the Jets a few problems with their direct and quickly moved ball into the front 3rd. Weird game in one regard the Jets were coasting 1-0 in 2nd-3rd gear yet Weston could have scored 3-4. Weston again hit the woodwork midway thru the 2nd half for the 4th time this time off a wayward touch off a Jets player

About 70 mins in and Weston were put through with a one on one. Weston player had 90% of the goal to aim as Sammy was a tad out of position and not quite fully aware of where the ****ing goal was. Weston striker has gone for power and somehow Sammy got a hand to it and put it over the bar. No word of a lie despite the poor positional **** up the save was top quality and we would be getting chubs if BK done a similar thing.

Weston were getting the chances even if the Jets looked in control for the most part. With about 15 mins to go noticed The Egg on his way to the bench. Something must have been said to Clacka coz a couple of mins later a sub was on and Peppz finished the final 15 mins at Centre half. Maybe a positional switch for Peppz one day??

With about 83 mins gone the Jets sealed the win. Their dominance deserved it even if they had created little all game. After several tussles for the ball which the Jets eventually won Virgili was put thru. Virgili should have squared it to the unmarked Kale Bradbury who would have walked it in but chose the hard option. He went round the keeper and got way to close to the byline to shoot and had to look up and then pick a pass thru the retreating Weston defenders to find Kale who duly obliged from 6 yards out into the empty net.

Weston players then spent the walk back to half way tearing strips out of the ref claiming a foul in the lead up. If there was a foul I will be ****ed cause what went on was two blokes jostling for the ball and the Jets got possession out of a few ricochets and happens 50 times a match.

Matter of fact the conduct of the Weston players was pretty ****ing poor all day. Blew up both times the ref yellow carded a Jets player when the Jets player just accepted his sanction and Weston whinged and moaned anytime a decision went against them. Even little trivial things that didn't go there way and they blew up.

What baffles me is why the refs put up with it. Everyone in the ground can hear the language and abuse flying at the prick with the whistle. FFS pull out a yellow card the first time they do it and then see who wishes to keep arguing

Just when you were thinking Galloway was getting a clean sheet Weston scored with about 88 mins gone. A Jets clearance took a ricochet straight to the unmarked Weston striker who ran away and calmly slotted past the luckless Galloway. A couple of nervy mins to finish the game but the Jets were deserved winners

One thing I will say is Galloway may have missed his calling. He can't play as a centre half but may have been some use as a keeper if he spent his younger years learning the craft. For a stop gap measure he wasn't that bad even if his positioning and decision making was well and truly beyond shithouse

q-money
22-07-2012, 10:28 PM
lol, outstanding

more mfkfc reviews please, thoroughly enjoyable

MFKS
22-07-2012, 10:29 PM
NSWIS won 1-0 and are all but Minor Premiers.
As the NSWIS now 8 points clear with only 3 games left for 2nd placed Weston whilst the NSWIS still have 4 to go

Weston 8-0 over the EAP??

Wasn't there for it but assuming send offs were the order of the day?? Either that or the local kids were ****ing around with the scoreboard!!

david silva
22-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Score in 19s?

MFKS
22-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Score in 19s?

1-0 to the NSWIS who play in 19's

Jets "Teams" has no U23's

Pico
23-07-2012, 08:14 AM
The rumours were true. FMD

Not really

With Fogarty suspended and regular goalkeeper Jack Duncan still on international duty with the Australian under 20’s, first-team defender Sam Gallaway will pull the gloves on and guard the goals in their absence.
www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-youth-facing-tough-challenge-against-Weston/48220

BodyNovo
23-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Southy V charlestown
17's 0-5
19's 2-3
23's 2-3
1st's 1-3

extremely dark day for everyone involved at Southy

was a terrible day, the weather was shocking, ground basically was a minefield come the end of the 1st grade, highlight being southy 1st graders having to push the bogged rolller.

southy were just terrible in first grade, no one even looked remotely up for it and thats all i will say about that.

one thing i will say about the day though is a credit to the charlestown youth set up and jim foley. Yesterday was the first day of the year i watched all four grades and i'm pleased i picked charlestown.

There 17's side was a gem to watch, never have i seen such a young squad play such beautiful football, in terrible conditions they continued to play ball to feet and southys only reply was to belt the ball back to charlestown's centre halfs everytime they managed to get the ball back (it didn't happen often). I reckon the possesion stats would have been about 80% in charlestowns favour and there time in the opposition half would have been 90%. 5-0 could have easily been 10-0. Jim and charlestown have scouted very well and it was sad that a couple of the boys in the squad were southy/macquarie juniors.

jeez the southy/azzurri game looked pretty rubbish from the highlights, also saw a bit of yakkety yak towards da ultraz, lol

credit to scott smith was a laugh that he fell on his face and looked like a camouflaged man, made some point about having mud all over his face when he scored, was a laugh.

poor goldy copped it as well at the back. the hammalanche had some tough words to say to him.

Hamma12
23-07-2012, 12:21 PM
was a terrible day, the weather was shocking, ground basically was a minefield come the end of the 1st grade, highlight being southy 1st graders having to push the bogged rolller.

southy were just terrible in first grade, no one even looked remotely up for it and thats all i will say about that.

one thing i will say about the day though is a credit to the charlestown youth set up and jim foley. Yesterday was the first day of the year i watched all four grades and i'm pleased i picked charlestown.

There 17's side was a gem to watch, never have i seen such a young squad play such beautiful football, in terrible conditions they continued to play ball to feet and southys only reply was to belt the ball back to charlestown's centre halfs everytime they managed to get the ball back (it didn't happen often). I reckon the possesion stats would have been about 80% in charlestowns favour and there time in the opposition half would have been 90%. 5-0 could have easily been 10-0. Jim and charlestown have scouted very well and it was sad that a couple of the boys in the squad were southy/macquarie juniors.

credit to scott smith was a laugh that he fell on his face and looked like a camouflaged man, made some point about having mud all over his face when he scored, was a laugh.

poor goldy copped it as well at the back. the hammalanche had some tough words to say to him.

Did u have too mention this too the nf.net universe.
The little khunt is still DTM

ForeverRed
23-07-2012, 06:03 PM

fortunately for Southy their u17s, u19s are mainly local kids being developed, they dont go out chasing trophies in these age groups like some other clubs, progress in developement is all that is needed in these groups, personally I wouldnt have semis for these age groups either, its not about winning, why would they SCOUT when they have their own juniors to deveolope, it shows in the u23s, about 9 of them could play 19s or 17s.

Hamma12
23-07-2012, 06:24 PM
The herald's spin on yesterday's NBN SL round

Charlestown City leave South Cardiff behind

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/charlestown-city-leave-south-cardiff-behind/2631761.aspx?storypage=2

CHARLESTOWN stayed in a four-way battle for the minor premiership after leaving South Cardiff behind to scrap with Edgeworth for fifth place following a 3-1 win in the mud, wind and rain at Ulinga Oval yesterday.
Two goals from Kane Goodchild and a skilful effort from Scott Smith gave the Blues a victory which lifted them to 30 points, two points behind a three-way tie for top spot.
A controversial late equaliser from eighth-placed Valentine in a 1-all draw with Broadmeadow at Wanderers Oval helped create the joint leadership battle, leaving Magic on 32 points with Hamilton and the Jets Youth, who hung on for 2-1 wins yesterday at Lake Macquarie and Weston respectively.
But the greatest drama was at Broadmeadow, where Valentine scored via Kieran Delaney from a free kick with 10 minutes remaining.
Delaney took the free kick at the top of the box quickly and found space between the Magic wall to score.
But Broadmeadow players believe the goal should not have counted because their wall was still going backwards after being told by the referee to move.
Magic coach Damien Smith said his keeper was also out of position directing the wall into position.
‘‘I thought the draw was a fair result, given the chances in the game,’’ Smith said
‘‘We were a bit off the pace but our boys weren’t happy about that goal.’’
Valentine coach Lindsay Tapp said Delaney asked the referee if he was allowed to take the free kick and was given the OK.
Broadmeadow’s Scott Pettit was sent off for a second yellow card with five minutes to go.
Peter Haynes scored a cracking goal from a tight angle to put Magic up 10 minutes into the second half.
At Ulinga Park, Charlestown paid a high price for the win, losing attacking midfielder Mitchell Harper to a suspected broken leg suffered when he landed awkwardly from a header.
Martin Raines scored late for the Gunners to make it 3-1, but Charlestown were deserved winners.South Cardiff are now equal with Edgeworth, who play Hamilton on Wednesday. The Gunners play Charlestown again on the same night.

At Johnston Park, Chris Wheeler scored five goals in Edgeworth’s 6-2 romp over West Wallsend.
Weston coach Darren Elkin conceded his side’s finals chances were over after they lost to the Jets at Weston Park.
Elkin bemoaned his side’s inability to get more than one shot past usual defender Sam Gallaway, who was in goals for the Jets while regular keeper James Fogarty serves a two-week ban.
Bears striker Jason Cowburn scored with five minutes remaining, but Elkin said his team created plenty of opportunities without capitalising.
At Macquarie Field, Clayton Poole and John Majurovski scored midway through the second half to put Hamilton 2-0 up before Luke Dyas pulled one back for the Roosters with 20 minutes left.

Hamma12
25-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Charlestown V Southy off again tonight
will be played tomorrow night 1st gde at 6.30

Swanky
26-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Olympic v Edgeworth
1st 1-1
U19's 5-0

supasub
26-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I remeber everyone was predicting jets yoof to be running last at the start of the season.

ForeverRed
26-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I remeber everyone was predicting jets yoof to be running last at the start of the season.

yeah, and alex ferguson was predicting man u to win the title, same diff just that no one cares what you remember supasub, does this make you einstein

ForeverRed
26-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Olympic v Edgeworth
1st 1-1
U19's 5-0

another game where olympic dropped u23 players back, bit dissapointing from them

supasub
26-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Is the FFA seriously changing the age groups to 1st grade U20's U18's and U16?!?!

supasub
26-07-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah, and alex ferguson was predicting man u to win the title, same diff just that no one cares what you remember supasub, does this make you einstein

Was that a necessary comment?
I think not.

Hamma12
26-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Charlestown v Southy
23's 0-0
1sts 1-1. Charlestown reduced to 10 Men after 8 minutes for dissent

prawnhead
27-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Charlestown v Southy
23's 0-0
1sts 1-1. Charlestown reduced to 10 Men after 8 minutes for dissent

how was the game Hamma?

pv4
27-07-2012, 07:22 AM
from the herald

Gunners slip up in race to secure fifth
BY CRAIG KERRY
27 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/10xeoud.jpg
MARCHED: Charlestown’s Kyle Hodges after copping a second yellow card at Lisle Carr Oval last night. Picture: Ryan Osland

SOUTH Cardiff blew a golden opportunity last night to take the upper hand in the battle with Edgeworth for the fifth and final play-off place, conceding a late equaliser to a Charlestown side who played with 10 men for 85 minutes.
Defender Cameron Hughes caught the Gunners napping at the far post to head home a 30-metre cross from Adam Boulter on the left in the 83rd minute of the Northern NSW State League catch-up game at Lisle Carr Oval.

The goal cancelled out Martin Raines’s 43rd-minute finish on the far post from Brae Smith’s low cross.

The 1-all draw moved the Gunners to 23 points, equal with fifth-placed Edgeworth on points and goal difference but behind on goals scored.

Charlestown (31 points) stayed fourth, two points off leaders Hamilton with three games left. The frustration on both sides was palpable, the Gunners for missing a plethora of chances and Charlestown for another display of the poor discipline that has plagued their season.

Central defender Kyle Hodges was the offender, earning a yellow card for an intentional handball near halfway, when he grabbed a ball going over his head to a Gunner running into space.

He then abused the referee, allegedly using foul language, and was handed a second yellow. He may also face longer than the standard two-week suspension, after shouting abuse as he left Lisle Carr Oval.

Hodges was sent off for two yellow cards inside the first 20 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Edgeworth three weeks ago and Blues coach Mark Wilson has clearly had enough of the experienced defender’s ill-discipline.

‘‘We should have led at half-time and we nearly pinched another goal at the end there, but you can’t get someone sent off after five minutes and expect to win a match,’’ Wilson said.

‘‘It cost us the game. I’ve got no problem with the send-off, I’ve got a problem with our guy and his discipline.’’

Wilson, though, praised the mental toughness of his side to keep the Gunners at bay and create counter-attacking chances.

South Cardiff’s frustration came from their continued inability to score goals.

‘‘The desire to win’s there, just the composure needed to win a game is lacking,’’ South Cardiff coach Steve Piggott said.

Hamma12
27-07-2012, 11:13 AM
how was the game Hamma?

wasnt the best game i thought.
Southy struggled against 10, you should be dominating these types of games.
so frustrating playing against 10 for that long and not take the chances

seldom
28-07-2012, 07:13 PM
shitty that yoof v edgy was moved to sunday...had to spend the arvo with the mrs:(

MFKS
29-07-2012, 06:00 PM
shitty that yoof v edgy was moved to sunday...had to spend the arvo with the mrs:(

It was moved coz I was sure it was on Saturday but when I double checked Friday it said Sunday.

Anyway

Jets Yoof 4 Edgy 1
Kale Bradbury 2 (1 a pen)
Virgili and the ground announcer said Remington but I didn't think it was him.

HT 2-0 Jets

NSWIS won 5-1 and are minor premiers in 19's

Didn't see the EAP result though

Members report coming soon once I get the stench of tomato sauce out of the ****ing car!!!

Swanky
29-07-2012, 06:27 PM
U/17s: Olympic 0 - Charlstown 1
U/19s: Olympic 6 - Charlstown 1
U/23s: Olympic 3 - Charlstown 4
First: Olympic 3 - Charlstown 0

Hamma12
29-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Valentine V Southy
17's 5-0
19's 0-1
23's 1-3
1st's 0-0. Phoenix played the last 30 minutes with ten men
for a two foot challenge inside Southy's six yard box

halo se7en
29-07-2012, 07:11 PM
MFKS… It did look like Remington who scored the other Jets goal but I've only seen him once or twice.

Jets Y looked pretty comfortable going 2-0 up.. Edgy got one back straight after HT and for the next 15mins looked like they might grab a second. Jets scored the 3rd & that was it. For most of the game Edgy players looked old, fat, slow, and should probably concentrate on playing football rather than trying to sledge the other team. I think it was Damien Zane (can anyone confirm who the #6 was?)… I can't remember seeing anyone so fat on a football field.. even Bobby Catlin looked more athletic than Zane… he could certainly run his mouth all game though.

MFKS
29-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Made the trip out to Edgy today and took in the Jets Yoof game with about 200-300 others. Was a pretty disappointing turn out really. Last time Jets played Edgy there would have been twice as many there and the weather was worse with a cold westerly blowing that day. Where the **** was everyone??

Anyway there absence was the Members gain as it meant there were plenty of pies going in the canteen for a change and the Member tucked in. Did have one problem with them though the sauce under went the process of osmosis going through the ****ing bag all over the passenger seat of the Members chariot. ****ing thing still reeks of ****ing Tomato sauce!!

Anyways during warm up I managed to take note that Galloway was in the blue and red kit and not warming up with Big Bobby Catlin who was putting Jack Duncan through his paces so recent shenanigans would hopefully be avoided this game although the Jets were playing Russian Roulette with Faj's and Galloways footballing careers as their was no GK on the bench if something was to become of big Jack

Anyway 5 mins in at it could have been 1-1 but was still 0-0with both teams having headers from 6-10 yards out slip narrowly wide
About 10 mins in and the Jets won a penalty. Virgili picked the ball up centre field and went galloping towards the box. Rounding 1-2-3-4-5-6 defenders or so it seemed. I did lose track of how many blokes he was beating because I kept uttering pass the ****ing ball you ****ing hog or something similar whilst Virgili gave us his Leo Messi impersonation. At the top of the d he left fly with a shot which the keeper parried (poorly) the ball bobbled back into the goal mouth. Kale Bradbury showing that he isn't letting the weight of the Members expectations weigh him down was first to the ball. Was expecting a first time shot but Kale showed poise to take the piss go round the keeper and get brought down for a penalty. Surprisingly no cards were given!!! As Kale would have been into an open net 12 yards out I am baffled how the keeper got away with out a red but that would probably be down to the incompetence of the refereeing but this was probably a good thing as a letter of the law send off here 10 mins in would have ****ed Edgy.

Anyway Kale picked himself up and grabbed the ball and put it on the spot. Whilst poised over the ball I was preying for a Pirlo like penalty but I have that on good authority Lord Griff has taken out a patent on them and it can't be used to when he comes back and we win a penalty V Gypos. Kale advanced on the ball sending the keeper diving to the right whilst Kale calmly slotted in the other side of goal. Class

Minutes later Edgy were caught out with their high line they were keeping by the Jets who were playing more through balls to players running on than normal ( PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GVE ) Young Kale was away and took the Maradona>> Messi >> Virgili approach when the simple option would have been to draw the keeper and shoot he decided to go round the keeper and around more retreating Edgy players allowing the Edgy keeper to recover and parry the eventual goal bound shot

About 20 mins in and Virgilli was away down the right flank all he had to do was play a ball somewhere between the 6 yard box and 15 yards out and Kale would have had time to take a touch write his memoirs and then score but a poor cross was cut out by the only Edgy player within 30 yards of Virgili or Bradbury when it would have been easier for Virgili to find Kale!!

30 mins in and it was 2-0 Jets countered and had numerous chances to play "THE BALL" to create the shot but everyone kept passing it on across the park. Eventually found the over lapping full back Hoole who ran him self into a culdesac about 2-3 times on the byline. Eventually got a ball into the goal mouth which found Virgili. Chilli has spent far too much time watching Messi on You Tube as the idea to run past everyone needlessly came flooding back as James started another dribbling session in the box and beat 2 men before lashing past the keeper from 6 yards out.

Few mins later the Jets had a penalty appeal turned down for Virgili being bundled over in the box. Probably a fair call but could have been given

35 mins and big Sam Galloway left his only notable contribution on the game. Correction left it on the Edgeworth striker who Sammy went in on Muscat style. Have seen tackles better than this one given red but the prick with the whistle was quite lenient and only gave Sammy a yellow.

38 mins in and Mitch Cooper had space on the edge of the box for a shot. Mitch has been seen practicing shooting with Zadko all week and his private tuition from Rubes paid dividends as the shot went at least 18 yards wide of the goal and at least 18 yards over the goal. Money well spent Mitchy!!!

Right on half time the prick with the whistle showed his incompetency to all and sundry. Peppz reached out needlessly and blocked a ball with his hand. Everyone in the ground seen it. Peppz even ran away trying to avoid getting booked all the players stopped. One problem the cockhead with the whistle didn't see it and it was play on. 30 seconds later Peppz used his hand again to control the ball very subtle this time though. This time most of the people in the ground didn't see it though Most on the eastern side of the ground did and a few Edgy players did. Pity the ref didn't!!

One of the Edgy players even suggested to the ref "Why don't you just give them the game if your gonna let that stuff go??"

Anyway Halftime Jets 2-0 up Edgy hadn't been bad just that today the Jets were pretty sharp in attack and creating a bit more than normal.

Second Half started with Peppz and Virgili subbed off for a few of the lesser squad members to be given a full half.
50 mins into the game and Edgy got an equaliser. A long throw into the centre of the park was needlessly allowed to bounce around (Where the **** were you Galloway???) Due to this an Edgy player was able to Jostle with right back Hoole for the ball and came out better with a 1-1 with Duncan. Edgy striker slipped it into the corner of the net past the advancing Duncan. Scrappy goal to concede but a good finish none the less

Game now starting to develop as Edgy were making a fist of it and getting it to 2-2 and the Jets also looked capable of making it 3-1 at anytime.

55 mins and Mitch Cooper burst through the centre circle. Had the chance to pass left to Faj or right to Kale and both players would have a 1-1 with the keeper. Mitch will learn from his mistake next time because he picked Faj. Faj's effort at goal was piss weak to say the least and the keeper saved the harmless effort. FMD

58 mins in and Edgy had a free header about 8 yards out after a cross was ballooned up by a Jets clearance attempt. Should have done better and out for a GK

68 mins in and after good work by Faj down the left Flank he found Kale in space in the box. Kale tried a little move to turn with the ball whilst bringing it under control. The idea was good in theory but with the expectations of the Member bearing down on Kale he didn't make much contact with the ball and it rolled away to the fullback for a clearance. Keep it simple sunshine!!

73 mins in and it was 3-1 to the Jets after again shuffling the ball in to players from the left flank a Jets midfielder found himself in space 30 yards out right in front. Turned and went running at goal before letting fly with a great finish from 23 yards out. The ground announcer gave the goal to Luke Remington but I thought it was the other blond headed sub (Name escapes me) though I could be mistaken!!

76 mins in and it should have been 4 for the Jets Kale once again showed his class after a great run into the box in the inside right channel and leaving defenders in his wake he squared a brilliant ball through traffic to the one and only Faj. Faj was 8 yards out and running onto the ball and had a gaping goal at his mercy. All I can say about the shot was it nearly brought rain and that we are gonna get done for Salary Cap breaches as Rubez must be making a killing running these clinics on shooting of his. FMD

90mins 4-1 Jets Kale received a through ball after beating the offside trap near half way. Rounded the keeper outside the box (TAKE THE PISS SON) and then beat the retreating defender to the ball by a millisecond before having seven shades of shit kicked out of him as the ball trickled into the net.

Thank **** the ball ended up in the net otherwise this Edgy player would have seen red in an instant. Late and definitely denying a goal scoring opportunity.

In Injury time and Faj nearly made it 5. Creator was one Kale Bradbury and the play of the day Kale's turn on the byline when in a culdeac and magic flick to find Faj were purely the ****ing divine touch of Griff. Faj blasted at goal and somehow the keeper kept the ball out. Well giving the keeper credit here is a bit generous as it hit him and sort of squirted past the post somehow with him not having much of a clue.

Fulltime Jets 4-1

Bit harsh on Edgy as a 4-1 scoreline didn't reflect how close they were truly. 4-2 may have been a little more just.

Members Ratings

The legend of Kale I give a 6.5 out of 10 today. 2 goals, some nice touches but I expected a bit more from him today and every other day for that matter. Good news is he will bang in 3 next week!!!

The Faj I give 2 out 10 busted his arse all day but the 2 shots he crucified at goal were ****ing pathetic. Almost a clone of Marko Jesic most days!!!

Galloway I give a 6 out of 10 wasn't really sighted other than his first half hack which is probably a good thing on balance.

PS One thing I did note was that the linesman was a Ranga. Why the **** are so many match officials in the NNSW Federation Rangas?? Is there some sort of reverse discrimination policy in place where Rangas get 2 for 1 deals at refereeing courses if they bring a ranga mate along??

mervan
29-07-2012, 09:59 PM
EAP won 1 nil

It was moved coz I was sure it was on Saturday but when I double checked Friday it said Sunday.

Anyway

Jets Yoof 4 Edgy 1
Kale Bradbury 2 (1 a pen)
Virgili and the ground announcer said Remington but I didn't think it was him.

HT 2-0 Jets

NSWIS won 5-1 and are minor premiers in 19's

Didn't see the EAP result though

Members report coming soon once I get the stench of tomato sauce out of the ****ing car!!!

mervan
29-07-2012, 10:21 PM
EAP won 1 nil

Just noticed the northern site, where the u/17 score was entered as 2 - 1 to Edgy, nice try Edgy you were stitched up in all 3 I am afraid.

seldom
29-07-2012, 10:27 PM
site actually had edgy winning 1st grade 4-1 earlier

seldom
29-07-2012, 10:31 PM
correction...still has

mervan
29-07-2012, 10:47 PM
correction...still has

wishful thinking from the edgy crew, one too many I suspect

hawk
29-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Made the trip out to Edgy today and took in the Jets Yoof game with about 200-300 others. Was a pretty disappointing turn out really. Last time Jets played Edgy there would have been twice as many there and the weather was worse with a cold westerly blowing that day. Where the **** was everyone??

A real report mfks. Makes those channel 9 twats with their goofy grins and sickly agreeable opinions look like goofballs.

supasub
30-07-2012, 10:39 AM
A real report mfks. Makes those channel 9 twats with their goofy grins and sickly agreeable opinions look like goofballs.

Totally agree, they need to have a more in-depth report on every game.

Claw Bear
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
As mascot of the Mighty Bears I thought it would be great to post a superb open letter from our departing player Mick Holt that he has posted on our club website.

The letter shows the wonderful spirit that exists at the Bears.

A big thankyou from all of us for all the effort and hard work Mick Holt has put in over the years at the club and we wish him every success in his new venture over the other side of the country in WA.

http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=602:message-from-mick-holt&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

TP Redback Fan
02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Positions Available

First Grade Coach 2013 Season

Under 23s Coach 2013 Season

Under 17s Coach 2013 Season

Club Goal Keeper Coach

Please attach a brief description of FFA Coaching credentials held and a brief history of playing experience.

All applicants must apply in writing via email to:

The Director of Football,
secretary@thorntonparkfc.com.au

Thornton Redbacks FC inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.

For Application Details check: http://www.thorntonparkfc.com/Jobs.htm

Also on the lookout for any players, past present and future to show interest for the 2013 season. Its a great passionate club needing to rebuild.

Hamma12
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Southy V Westy
17's 1-3
19's 1-0
23's 3-1 Southy confirmed minor premiers with a game to spare.Congrats to Stafford and his teammates.
1sts 1-3 What can i say, deadset on the verge of embarrassing.Credit to Westy they turned up while Southy didnt. This sums up Southy's last 4-6 weeks. See everyone next season lads

zzzzzzzzzz
05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Valo 3 v Lakes 1 all grades to Valo today!
23's 4 - 3
19's 2 - 1
17's 2 - 1

The Dunster
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Jets 2 vs Charlestown 3.

Jets went into half-time with a 1-0 lead and scored early in the second half.

After being on the backfoot for 60 mins or so Charlestown managed to hack and slash their way back into the game with three 2nd half goals.

It wasn't pretty.

The Dunster
05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7716047152_e2e970127b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716047152/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8424/7716047806_3829c685dd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716047806/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8288/7716048466_c58c6898be_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716048466/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7716049114_980b53a11a_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716049114/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7716049706_d2bc2b1cbd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716049706/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7716050446_141ae843f8_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716050446/)

Hamma12
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7716047152_e2e970127b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716047152/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8424/7716047806_3829c685dd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716047806/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8288/7716048466_c58c6898be_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716048466/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7716049114_980b53a11a_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716049114/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7716049706_d2bc2b1cbd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716049706/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7716050446_141ae843f8_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedunster/7716050446/)

Great photos mate.
Loving the fajkovic one the most

seldom
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Jets 2 vs Charlestown 3.

Jets went into half-time with a 1-0 lead and scored early in the second half.

After being on the backfoot for 60 mins or so Charlestown managed to hack and slash their way back into the game with three 2nd half goals.

It wasn't pretty.

take an ugly win over a pretty loss anyday

seldom
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
southy u23s minor prems thats some feat considering the players magic and olympic have.....congrats to the coach and players