PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Socceroos Coaching thread

boz-monaut
25-06-2017, 07:57 PM
with Ange stepping down after this World Cup campaign - who are the likely replacements?

there's been precious little talk in the media - possibly because it's over a year away

will Graham Arnold 2.0 be an option or did the FFA get burnt last time?

should we go for another Dutch journeyman with no tactical or media nouse?

will whoever we get be able to corral the bunch of jerks we have in the national team set up into a competetive team?

lquiquer
25-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Gombau

MFKS
25-06-2017, 08:30 PM
GVE

Get him the **** away from Newy football

hawk
25-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Ange hasnt been himself of late.

Surely Timmy C will think he can do it all and still play so id like to see what happens there

www.sackarnold.com

belchardo
25-06-2017, 09:21 PM
gotta be mark rudan doesn't it!

plague
26-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Venables.

cc:Gaz Fish (we done it).

plague
26-06-2017, 01:55 AM
legit though if they havent worked out by now that some A-League level dufus wont cut it with multi millionaires then the double eff aye deserves all it gets.

Retro Jet
13-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I want a German...

StannyCFCJET
13-10-2017, 06:30 PM
I want a German...

No thanks we tried that.

I'd for Gombau

Imyourhero
13-10-2017, 06:32 PM
100% needs to be a non-Aus coach

The Dunster
13-10-2017, 07:29 PM
http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/iKQx4aiD4Q7fvCgDvFeGgz/27290ca9-1eb4-49dc-9d0f-0b2bf641c7c9.jpg/r0_0_1015_571_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Jetmaster
13-10-2017, 07:54 PM
It'll be Arnie...no need to even think about it.

belchardo
13-10-2017, 07:59 PM
i'm sure muscat will get mentioned at some point.

oh, hang on...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/37444276/arnold-muscat-named-as-potential-socceroos-coaches/

Mitchy
14-10-2017, 04:09 AM
Reece Thompson

MFKS
14-10-2017, 05:32 AM
Reece Thompson

:woo:

Jetmaster
14-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Won't be Muscat as he basically inherited success and has never really been under the pump as a coach.

Arnie has built two Championship teams and, importantly, has access to the Guus Hotline.

The Dunster
14-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Won't be Muscat as he basically inherited success and has never really been under the pump as a coach.

Arnie has built two Championship teams and, importantly, has access to the Guus Hotline.

Unfortunately he won't have access to foreign marquees and the ability to change the rules or be afforded preferential treatment by referees for challenges that would be deemed bookable offences for any other side.

His record in tournaments is woeful as well.

Jetmaster
14-10-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't see how Arnie should get it either (remember Bresh not shaking his hand last time?)

I just know this how FFA will think, especially once the Fox propoganda machine gets to work.

plague
14-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Arnie is trash.

The Dunster
14-10-2017, 03:06 PM
How about Craig Foster ? Odds on he will be unemployed soon when Murdoch suggests to Malcolm Turnbull that SBS should no longer be allowed to discuss football - as Fox have the exclusive rights to not only televised games but all discussions both private and public about the game.

belchardo
14-10-2017, 03:40 PM
speaking of fox faves, mark rudan been mentioned yet?

Jetmaster
14-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Garby said on the Fox pod a few weeks ago John Aloisi would be a dark horse if he had a good A-League start......that went well.

belchardo
14-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Aloisi, **** me. all he does is take mediocre teams and make them worse.

GazFish35
14-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Aloisi, **** me. all he does is take mediocre teams and make them worse.
you're "**** me" should be directed at Garb for even suggesting it.

MFKS
14-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately he won't have access to foreign marquees and the ability to change the rules or be afforded preferential treatment by referees for challenges that would be deemed bookable offences for any other side.

Two Championship teams??

WTF

When this shit happen??

I will pay last season but it a ridiculous call saying they home and hosed this season based on arseing last week's result whilst the Tards were missing Milligan Troisi etc

Two FMD

baldrick
14-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Pretty sure Arnie was coach when Mariners won

MFKS
14-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Pretty sure Arnie was coach when Mariners won

Pretty sure that never happened.
Arnie was coach when they choked in the GF with 5 to go and Agent McBreen brought them down but he never won **** all on the Gypo Coast

Next thing someone will be saying lies like some bloke other than the Griff scored the winner in the GF

plague
14-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeah Member is correct.

hawk
17-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Garby said on the Fox pod a few weeks ago John Aloisi would be a dark horse if he had a good A-League start......that went well.

savaloisi was waxing lyrical about employing an Aussie coach. sad sack really wants the job ay.

but fk him Put any coach in that can get a championship team into the prem and theyll do a job

leftrightout
19-10-2017, 10:42 PM
How about Craig Foster ? Odds on he will be unemployed soon when Murdoch suggests to Malcolm Turnbull that SBS should no longer be allowed to discuss football - as Fox have the exclusive rights to not only televised games but all discussions both private and public about the game.

Plus it is very obvious that he knows every single thing there is to know about football, he will even tell you what individual players are thinking...
To me Craig Foster is the Phil Gould of this sport!

WolfMan
20-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Oh man, can you imagine Foz giving a Gus-esque soliloquy prior to the Grand Final this season?

I would love it, only because it would be 100% cringe-worthy

StannyCFCJET
22-11-2017, 09:31 AM
He's gone!. **** you Ange you risked our whole campaign experimenting with this 3 at the back system that doesn't work and now have left us to get a new coach to try and get the squad to learn a new system in only a year with little time together.

q-money
22-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Plus it is very obvious that he knows every single thing there is to know about football, he will even tell you what individual players are thinking...

if that's the case then Craig Foster should walk this "world cup" or whatever you call it

supercoach gus

hawk
22-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Ange knew he couldn't get any results at the WC.

He did ok, made a few glaring mistakes but he got the job done after the golden eggs departed.

Bremsstrahlung
22-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Indifferent news.
I think he has equipped the players with a different mindset and playing style which they can keep in their arsenal when needed.
I think he could have been more pragmatic and this whole intercontinental playoff should have been avoided easily as the reigning champions of Asia.
There’s a time to experiment with formations and tactics, I’m not sure that it should have jeopardised our qualification.
Hindsight will show us whether he was being stubborn unneccessarily or whether he actually got more out of us than another coach would have.
If we go for anybody from the a league, I’ll be severely worried.

Wilso8948
22-11-2017, 11:51 AM
He's gone!. **** you Ange you risked our whole campaign experimenting with this 3 at the back system that doesn't work and now have left us to get a new coach to try and get the squad to learn a new system in only a year with little time together.

This is honestly the most idiotic thing you've written.

Jetmaster
22-11-2017, 11:57 AM

No - the gist is correct, this has been his own personal "mission". As he said himself - "nature of me as a person". Reading his book he doesn't come across as someone who thinks about anyone except himself and his beliefs. As Plague says he shows alot of stubbornness. Still no real explanation about the Mooy dropping either.

Going now is gutless IMHO.

Wilso8948
22-11-2017, 12:03 PM
No - the gist is correct, this has been his own personal "mission". As he said himself - "nature of me as a person". Reading his book he doesn't come across as someone who thinks about anyone except himself and his beliefs. As Plague says he shows alot of stubbornness. Still no real explanation about the Mooy dropping either.

Going now is gutless IMHO.

If you say so boss..

StannyCFCJET
22-11-2017, 12:13 PM

What you think a new coach will continue Ange's system and gameplan? and how often will the squad be together b4 the world cup?

q-money
22-11-2017, 12:33 PM
i will forever have nightmares about the slavish devotion to kicking it back to Mat Ryan on ghoulish third world pitches, regardless of the danger that it represented

Frodo
22-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Haters gon Hate!

Thanks Ange, if not for the trophy and WC qualification then definitely for the amusement of convincing everyone that we had a much higher quality squad than we in fact do have. Not saying Ange was perfect but the questioning he received from couch-coaches was ridiculous considering the players he had to work with.

plague
22-11-2017, 03:25 PM
I have thoughts:

Ange was a patsy put up by the double-eff-aye to get to WC the hard way to maximise TV and gate money.

How you think they pay to get the toilet seat polished every year?

It’s been a money grab from the start and now that Ange knows where the bodies are buried he’ll be posted to London or New York as an overseas ambassador like all good recipients of the graft.

I don’t know or care who the new coach will be but all I want McKinna to be in charge of the recruitment and I’m betting the new coaches name starts with ‘A’.

There are too many Gypos in the Aussie team so expect a terrible showing at the World Cup and all of the soaps and shampoos to get nicked from the team hotel.

#staywoke
#followthemoney
#hailgriff

MFKS
22-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Haters gon Hate!

Thanks Ange, if not for the trophy and WC qualification then definitely for the amusement of convincing everyone that we had a much higher quality squad than we in fact do have. Not saying Ange was perfect but the questioning he received from couch-coaches was ridiculous considering the players he had to work with.

Precisely right

The last bloke left him with shit as far as an experienced squad goes

Basically he had blokes over the hill who needed pensions off

Bloke done that making the tough calls on Schwarzer Neill etc

In the meantime he had to find a new squad and get caps into new inexperienced players

He has done this

He has won us an Asian Cup
He has qualified us for a WC
He also had us perform admirably at WC 2014
He also had us perform admirably at the Confeds Cup in 2017

Statistically with our record in WCQ we should have qualified automatically

We were just unlucky to lose out on GD
We then proceeded to get the job done in the playoffs

So exactly what ****s are complaining about beats me

To me this is the potential for a good thing here if our new manager has some cajones to shake things up

Ange has been too reliant on some players and others need a look in

Goodwin
Taggart
Mabil
Etc

Let's shake shit up and find some more threats in attack as Juric and a 38 year old who can't get a start in the HAL can't be all we have

In Mids I bemused how Brilliante and ONeill haven't had a look in at all

Time to shake the tree up before Russia and find someone to step up

plague
22-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Member again on the money.

At the moment the Aust team has a bunch of dudes in mids that "on their day" can have blinders. Luongo, Troisi, Milligan, Mooy and Rogic have all had good days.

Problem is they have had plenty of ordinary ones as well. The isnt even one consistently good (let alone great) player in the centre of the park.

and yeah add that to the fact we have no decent options up front.

Ange performed a miracle of sorts. Hes had enough of the crap spewed at him by idiots who wouldnt put themselves in his shoes in a million years.

i hope he goes to a really good club and gets paid a shitload of cash and he enjoys the hell out if it. he deserves it and whatever bozo they put in to replace him better be ready for whats coming.

StannyCFCJET
22-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Member again on the money.

At the moment the Aust team has a bunch of dudes in mids that "on their day" can have blinders. Luongo, Troisi, Milligan, Mooy and Rogic have all had good days.

Problem is they have had plenty of ordinary ones as well. The isnt even one consistently good (let alone great) player in the centre of the park.

and yeah add that to the fact we have no decent options up front.

Ange performed a miracle of sorts. Hes had enough of the crap spewed at him by idiots who wouldnt put themselves in his shoes in a million years.

i hope he goes to a really good club and gets paid a shitload of cash and he enjoys the hell out if it. he deserves it and whatever bozo they put in to replace him better be ready for whats coming.

Doesnt help when your best attacking threat Leckie is playing Rb

hawk
22-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Precisely right

The last bloke left him with shit as far as an experienced squad goes

Basically he had blokes over the hill who needed pensions off

Bloke done that making the tough calls on Schwarzer Neill etc

In the meantime he had to find a new squad and get caps into new inexperienced players

He has done my mum

He has won us an Asian Cup
He has qualified us for a WC
He also had us perform admirably at WC 2014
He also had us perform admirably at the Confeds Cup in 2017

Statistically with our record in WCQ we should have qualified automatically

We were just unlucky to lose out on GD
We then proceeded to get the job done in the playoffs

So exactly what ****s are complaining about beats me

To me this is the potential for a good thing here if our new manager has some cajones to shake things up

Ange has been too reliant on some players and others need a look in

Goodwin
Taggart
Mabil
Etc

Let's shake shit up and find some more threats in attack as Juric and a 38 year old who can't get a start in the HAL can't be all we have

In Mids I bemused how Brilliante and ONeill haven't had a look in at all

Time to shake the tree up before Russia and find someone to step up

stay in school, get off drugs

plague
22-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Doesnt help when your best attacking threat Leckie is playing Rb

also doesnt help being a coach of a team where Matt ****ing Leckie is your best attacking threat.

anyway lemons/lemonade and all that.

Wilso8948
23-11-2017, 06:38 AM
Its amazing how much people's view points change. I totally agree with the member. Coaching a NT is entirely different to club level. It isn't just a case of go out and recruit someone who fits a system. Ange stated at the beginning he was following models set out by countries such as Germany. He needed to increase the players pool size. He then gave them alternate formations and structures to deal with different situations. He's dramatically reduced the average age of the NT whilst increasing the exposure and caps these guys have received. He's put us in a much stronger position for the future. Someone had to make these decisions. We were going downhill and fast when he took over. I for one and glad we had someone like him to steady the ship and steer us through a period of transition.

baldrick
23-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Given that 3 Northen European teams have qualified for the Finals, maybe we should be thinking about a Scandinavian type influence.

Though, the Iceland manager is also a dentist..

Frodo
23-11-2017, 07:34 AM
also doesnt help being a coach of a team where Matt ****ing Leckie is your best attacking threat.

:thumbsup:

Frodo
23-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Given that 3 Northen European teams have qualified for the Finals, maybe we should be thinking about a Scandinavian type influence.

At least he is good with drills???

boz-monaut
23-11-2017, 07:38 AM
get out

baldrick
23-11-2017, 07:41 AM

:thumbsup:

:lol:

Wilso8948
23-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Read today the FFA salary budget for replacement is around the $1M. Hardly going to attract high calibre coaches with that kind of money. Nailed on Arnold now...

Jeterpool
23-11-2017, 10:07 AM

That's enought internet for today

The Dunster
23-11-2017, 11:33 AM
The Socceroos is primarily made up of former Mariners players and people are wondering why Ange resigned. #wehatecoastscum

WolfMan
23-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Well, watching the Socceroos of late has been about as enjoyable as having teeth pulled.

BTW, that drill joke - superb

plague
23-11-2017, 12:35 PM
That's enought internet for today

How DARE you.

Have another victory lap Frodo.

Superb.

Jeterpool
23-11-2017, 12:40 PM
How DARE you.

Have another victory lap Frodo.

Superb.

Enough internet for me. Not Frodo. Deserves all the plaudits that come.

belchardo
23-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Read today the FFA salary budget for replacement is around the $1M. Hardly going to attract high calibre coaches with that kind of money. Nailed on Arnold now...

$1m for about 9 months work and then bugger off to another club gig...i reckon they've got quite a few people lining up for the job.

MFKS
23-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Just a though cunce

Things going well at the Jets etc
We like to shoot ourselves in the foot etc

Perfect opportunity to sabotage ourselves here

Bert for Socceroos

You know it makes sense

Bon
23-11-2017, 05:09 PM

:lulzturtle:

plague
01-12-2017, 09:14 PM
hahahahahah, even shitty Frogs like Laurent Blanc dont want anything to do with us.

Upon revealing Australia had a approached him, Blancs agent had the perfect response.

When asked whether Blanc would not be interested in taking Australia at the World Cup, a competition he did not coach in during his two-year stint as boss of France between 2010 and 2012, Bernes said: "Not really, no. We have also had some English clubs. But when you have coached Paris, you want something at least as good."

how much is Kossie paying at Sportsbet? Gotta be the last man standing yeah.

plague
03-12-2017, 11:34 AM
whoops, Klinsman's on the phone now.
If he can teach us how to dive proper we might be a chance from the spot.

hawk
04-12-2017, 06:23 PM
hi jurgen, show us you quals, sacked by usa, fk off jurgen

goaliepersempre
05-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Jurgen is a motivator style coach... With quality players can do a job if needed... Australia job hmmmm

belchardo
05-12-2017, 07:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/05/panel-to-decide-socceroos-coach-by-february-as-eriksson-throws-name-into-hat

eriksson ffs. is there a barrel we aren't willing to scrape?

boz-monaut
05-12-2017, 07:42 PM
I'd take Sven or Klinsman over Arnold or Popa

when you think about it, we're looking to pay hunderds of thousands, even possibly a million, for three competetive games

not sure why there aren't a lot more names being thrown about

MFKS
05-12-2017, 07:56 PM
I'd take Sven or Klinsman over Arnold or Popa

when you think about it, we're looking to pay hunderds of thousands, even possibly a million, for three competetive games

not sure why there aren't a lot more names being thrown about

Because the names thrown up are just the lazy media types lame efforts

Reckon we can get on Twitter and get some left field blokes linked quite easy

Sven Jurgen Guus etc

****s ain't looking hard

Bremsstrahlung
05-12-2017, 08:25 PM
I don’t think there’s an Aussie coach up to it atm.
If any, maybe Gombau.
Get somebody pragmatic, we will lose, draw and win, only to miss out on GD.

Jetmaster
06-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Sven?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ndo4Yl1cujc/hqdefault.jpg

Well.....

Jeterpool
06-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Sven?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ndo4Yl1cujc/hqdefault.jpg

Well.....

Would love to hear what Dave from Newcastle thinks.

Jetmaster
06-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Would love to hear what Dave from Newcastle thinks.

Get Ameobi like.....

hawk
12-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Arnold or Popa

Good ol blue and red aids shouldnt be anywhere near a national team. Sven is overpaid git. jerkin Klinsman so lol

Wilso8948
14-12-2017, 07:41 AM
So apparently Arnold has been offered the job. And Scolari revealed he was approached. To be fair Arny is just Scolari without a moustache so close enough FFA

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Talk about underwhelming.
Will he have to resign from sydney?
Surely this is a step backwards.

Jetmaster
14-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Arnie will have to leave Scum - this in itself is worth getting creamed at the World Cup for.

Wilso8948
14-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Derails their championship hopes. Give us the toilet seat now!

MFKS
14-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Derails their championship hopes. Give us the toilet seat now!

Details their hopes??

They just about ready to get rolled at the top

Comp is just waiting for someone to step up and challenge them and knock them off

They are not that good

They just exploiting a weakness in HAL players. The gap is closing already

Retro Jet
14-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Ralf Rangnick
Ralf rang Nick and Nick said:- No! It's Arnold the Pig's job, if he wants it.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/14/german-mastermind-ralf-rangnick-lands-socceroos-radar

We won't sign this bloke. Too successful.

goaliepersempre
14-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Ralf Rangnick
Ralf rang Nick and Nick said:- No! It's Arnold the Pig's job, if he wants it.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/14/german-mastermind-ralf-rangnick-lands-socceroos-radar

We won't sign this bloke. Too successful.
dont care **** off redbull

hawk
14-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Arnie will have to leave Scum - this in itself is worth getting creamed at the World Cup for.

i thought this too.

so ok throw the stain into the soccerwhos who will be bundled out early anyway

lquiquer
15-12-2017, 09:34 AM
And your new Socceroos coach is freshly sacked Poppa

MFKS
15-12-2017, 05:33 PM
And your new Socceroos coach is freshly sacked Poppa

Probably end up either back at WSW when Gombau gets the flick or Tards when Mus**** gets the arse

Jeterpool
16-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Probably end up either back at WSW when Gombau gets the flick or Tards when Mus**** gets the arse

Or Sydney when Arnie get a the Socceroos gig

MFKS
16-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Out of curiosity if Gypo Arnie takes the Socceroos gig then be allowed to take the VAR with him ??

belchardo
17-12-2017, 06:18 PM
i'm not necessarily advocating this change, but why hasn't alan stajic been mentioned as a potential socceroos coach? has clearly got the matildas humming, why couldn't he do the same for the socceroos?

mustn't have the media fans like arnold and muscat. surprised rudan hasn't been mentioned actually.

17-12-2017, 06:36 PM
i'm not necessarily advocating this change, but why hasn't alan stajic been mentioned as a potential socceroos coach? has clearly got the matildas humming, why couldn't he do the same for the socceroos?

mustn't have the media fans like arnold and muscat. surprised rudan hasn't been mentioned actually.

Was having just this very same conversation with my son the other day. Would allow Couscous to move up from Asst at the Matildas. Hey Cous ?

Wilso8948
18-12-2017, 09:02 AM
He knocked it on the head months ago and said he's not interested

idontwannaplaywithhowey
18-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Or Sydney when Arnie get a the Socceroos gig

That is how I see it playing out. If not pre world Cup then definitely post.
Also, Stajic would have to be up there if there were discussion about an Aussie coach. Wilso is right, there was some chatter early on, I can't recall anything from Stajic himself but the general sense (and statements from some of the matildas) were that they didn't believe he would be going anywhere.

belchardo
19-12-2017, 01:07 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/ange-postecoglou-to-yokohama-city-football-group-provides-pathway-to-europe-for-ambitious-boss/news-story/59b9753ac2115bca307aa7c0bade150c

confirmed move to yokohama f marinos.

hawk
20-12-2017, 10:32 PM
sacked yet?

Jetmaster
21-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Part of City group?

'spect to see him coaching Heart next season.

furns
25-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Van Gaal now the front runner.
I look forward to the frothing from manU types (eg the commie) should this come to pass :grin:

MFKS
25-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Van Gaal now the front runner.
I look forward to the frothing from manU types (eg the commie) should this come to pass :grin:

To be fair he wasn't the worst at Man U

Have a look at how big a job it is to turn them good again

Even Mourinhio hasn't nailed it yet

I backing he will get there but it taking a lot longer than he envisaged

StannyCFCJET
25-12-2017, 11:16 AM
To be fair he wasn't the worst at Man U

Have a look at how big a job it is to turn them good again

Even Mourinhio hasn't nailed it yet

I backing he will get there but it taking a lot longer than he envisaged

SAF left them in a right shit so whoever came in couldnt top his legacy

boz-monaut
22-01-2018, 09:04 PM
https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/arnold-remain-hyundai-a-league-sydney-fc

Arnold out

or rather, not in

I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted

hawk
22-01-2018, 09:27 PM
https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/arnold-remain-hyundai-a-league-sydney-fc

Arnold out

or rather, not in

I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted

ffa did the ruling out. Arnold thought he'd save face

MFKS
23-01-2018, 12:18 AM

Bloke isn't good enough and even the FFA know it

Even with their help his side is starting to struggle

Can't put lipstick on a pig etc with the NT with this clown in charge

More so heartbroken for Slater and Bozza their campaign for Arnie and back stabbing of Ange has all been for nought

belchardo
23-01-2018, 07:40 AM
will come in after the world cup.

Jetmaster
23-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Well now we know why he wasn't hearing any offers.

Is now free to take up the New Zealand job he was using as a red herring the other week.

Former Caltex Socceroos Mark Bresciano, Stan Lazaridis and Mark Schwarzer are among a panel of experts who will advise Football Federation Australia (FFA) on the appointment of a new Head Coach for the Caltex Socceroos that will be contesting the FIFA World Cup in Russia next year.

That was never going to end well - Bresh refused to shake hands with Arnie last time around and I don't think the other two have much time for him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DekpfPxNOZQ

hawk
23-01-2018, 07:22 PM
That was never going to end well - Bresh refused to shake hands with Arnie last time around and I don't think the other two have much time for him either.

Love Bresc. He can spot a fraud

plague
23-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Gypo Arnold is the bloke that hit the pretty girl up for a dance but when she says no he calls her a frigid slut and said he never wanted her anyway.

god spare us the bloke that does get the job though. Bosnich and Slater will have the pitchforks out from kickoff in the first game.

Bremsstrahlung
25-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Bert Van Marwijk

Jeterpool
25-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Who would have guessed we'd have gone for a Dutch coach.

The Camel
25-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Who would have guessed we'd have gone for a Dutch coach.

Good choice though IMO. Recently coached against Australia so knows our players and has really good experience. I did not think the FFA would make a sensible choice TBH, I was waiting for Klinsmann to be announced

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Hopefully does well enough that their is no chance Arnold gets the job. Don't want that disrespectful **** as our national manager

Jetmaster
25-01-2018, 12:31 PM
No doubt after first media presser, in Sydney, will be shown holding up a scarf, in Sydney, and be taken to an A-League training session to eye up the best A-League prospects for the World Cup (guess where?). Then taken to Fox studios, in Sydney, to meet Tara and Bozo.

The Dunster
25-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Bert Van Marwijk must be either desperate for a wage or they are paying him a shit load of money. Because you'd never take this job on thinking it was ever going to end in anything but tears.
I don't think anyone could get this team into the knockout stage.

The Camel
25-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I really hope Merrick gets asked to go to the WC as assistant. Purely for the Bert and Ernie headlines and memes

hawk
25-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Bert Van Marwijk must be either desperate for a wage or they are paying him a shit load of money. Because you'd never take this job on thinking it was ever going to end in anything but tears.
I don't think anyone could get this team into the knockout stage.

"just do your best bert" is the benchmark. Easy money. out first round is acceptable, 2nd round brilliant

Jeterpool
25-01-2018, 03:26 PM
"just do your best bert" is the benchmark. Easy money. out first round is acceptable, 2nd round brilliant

It'd be a performance based contract, you'd think. If I were the coach I'd be wanting most of the contract as a base rate.

hawk
25-01-2018, 03:53 PM
It'd be a performance based contract, you'd think. If I were the coach I'd be wanting most of the contract as a base rate.

base rate 20 mill, 2nd round forty. few months work. ooh yeah

plague
25-01-2018, 06:18 PM
No doubt after first media presser, in Sydney, will be shown holding up a scarf, in Sydney, and be taken to an A-League training session to eye up the best A-League prospects for the World Cup (guess where?). Then taken to Fox studios, in Sydney, to meet Tara and Bozo.

dont forget the obligatory photo in front of the opera house.

plague
25-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Ray Gatt just said on twitter that Arnold to be announced new coach tomorrow.

Wilso8948
28-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Ray Gatt just said on twitter that Arnold to be announced new coach tomorrow.

Heard that too. However he was apparently forming his "own" national team and filling it with Ninkovic and that Polish dude he believed should be captaining Poland as he's already playing for the greatest club in the world.
Apparently FIFA has declined their "Sydney is really a country" stance and said they may not enter the World Cup. Arnold has been reported as already predicting this and blaming the result on a stomach bug that had ran through his team during the week.

Jetmaster
30-01-2018, 01:09 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-29/van-marwijk-selection-a-pragmatic-move-says-postecoglou/9370860?section=sport

It's not your problem any more Ange - you dumped the problem on FFA and they have to clean up your shit.

MFKS
30-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Hopefully we just as cynical as the Dutch were in 2010

Bloke would have been hailed a genius if only Robben wasn't such a fraud who chokes on the big stage

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Bit late to care now Ange.
For what it’s worth, I think a lot of people would have given him the benefit of the doubt for the World Cup. He got us there after all.....just.

pv4
04-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Just spotted BvM in Honeysuckle.

He was walking with 2 other blokes, which I can only assume is confirmation he will be sticking with Ange's back three.

belchardo
04-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Just spotted BvM in Honeysuckle.

He was walking with 2 other blokes, which I can only assume is confirmation he will be sticking with Ange's back three.

perhaps, but if you take the glass half full view, we're going with three strikers!

MFKS
04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Marc Van Bommell ??

I assuming is one of the others

How can you forget this bloke

Kanta should be modelling his game on this bloke

Win the ball
Palm it off to someone better
Kick everything else that moves on the park

If Van Bommell was at Stade de Newy yesterday then Muscat wasn't the biggest thug in the ground

hawk
08-03-2018, 11:10 AM
No no no no no no no no no no no no no...Not on board

Bon
08-03-2018, 11:13 AM
No no no no no no no no no no no no no...Not on board

Yep.. Lets take ANOTHER step backwards with the game in this country..

boz-monaut
08-03-2018, 12:51 PM
back in 2010 I said to myself that I was going to boycott the 2022 World Cup

this was back when I'd not missed a home qualifier since 2004 or something

I always wondered how I was going to manage it

now, with this appointment, it really won't be a problem

**** the double effay right up the arse

StannyCFCJET
08-03-2018, 01:10 PM
100% not sure how I get behind the Socceroos post WC

boz-monaut
08-03-2018, 01:12 PM
wait until he give Matt Simon the call up, then you won't be able to

plague
08-03-2018, 01:33 PM
What else did any of you expect?

It’s a good thing to be honest because it now gives FIFA conclusive proof that FFA are incapable of running the game and should be overthrown.

Jeterpool
08-03-2018, 02:33 PM
I don't normally watch or listen to press conferences but decided to watch that one.

Far out, Dave Gallop is looking old, but he's also not the most commanding, assertive or inspiring person - is he! Steve Lowy at least sounded somewhat confident in the appointment.

08-03-2018, 02:44 PM
I don't normally watch or listen to press conferences but decided to watch that one.

Far out, Dave Gallop is looking old, but he's also not the most commanding, assertive or inspiring person - is he! Steve Lowy at least sounded somewhat confident in the appointment.

Tis why he lasted 5 mins into a new deal at the other code and the state of our game is where it is at. Not much more to say really , Record speaks for itself.

redwah
09-03-2018, 05:04 PM
I bet he only took the job because Ernie worked out how to beat him and the system that the ffa have put in place for the shit smurphs

hawk
10-03-2018, 11:07 PM
So this dutchy Bert has absolutely no incentive to do anything cept maybe hold up self pride. He picks up a decent pay check regardless of results and walks.

Any win bonus wouldnt buy his hankys. He gets free seats at the WC

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Depends how much of an incentive there is.
There’s 4M difference in prize money from group to round of 16.
I could see us doubling or tripling or quadrupling his pay if we get out.

hawk
12-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Depends how much of an incentive there is.
There’s 4M difference in prize money from group to round of 16.
I could see us doubling or tripling or quadrupling his pay if we get out.

Theres no us. Its him and easy cash man

MFKS
13-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Gypo Arnold now taking the piss

Has brought Kenny Lowe into the fold as an Assistant

FMD

plague
13-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Gypo Arnold now taking the piss

Has brought Kenny Lowe into the fold as an Assistant

FMD

Miron Bleiberg must have changed his number or something.

plague
13-11-2018, 04:30 PM
to be fair though, all the neanderthals out there must be jumping for joy at how many "bleed for the shirt" type bullshit speeches the players are gonna get.

plague
13-11-2018, 04:33 PM
oh, just read about one of the NRL teams (who came last or near last) got a "surprise" 3am wake up call for a training session the other day.

I'm sure this shit works in the Army and stuff, but where most of the players would earn more than the coach i cant see how thats gonna fly in todays day and age.

if i was on top dollar and buddy rang me at 3am id be like, "yeah man warm the car up ill be right out........"

StannyCFCJET
13-11-2018, 06:19 PM
oh, just read about one of the NRL teams (who came last or near last) got a "surprise" 3am wake up call for a training session the other day.

I'm sure this shit works in the Army and stuff, but where most of the players would earn more than the coach i cant see how thats gonna fly in todays day and age.

if i was on top dollar and buddy rang me at 3am id be like, "yeah man warm the car up ill be right out........"

That team deserves worse ten time worse. They suck balls

MFKS
06-01-2019, 10:54 PM
I pretty confident the ineptness of Arnolds efforts in Thailand in 07 at the Asian Cup are gonna fade into insignificance with this lot.I pretty sure he can set new lows in this tourney

plague
06-01-2019, 11:48 PM
thing is they 'have' to sack him if he doesnt get out of the group stage.
but man oh man we'll probably not be lucky enough to see it.

MFKS
06-01-2019, 11:58 PM
thing is they 'have' to sack him if he doesnt get out of the group stage.
but man oh man we'll probably not be lucky enough to see it.

Kossie just said Syria and Palestine teams we should wipe the floor with

Setting it up beautifully the narrative

MFKS
21-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Hopefully Gallop is firing another NT coach tomorrow