PDA

View Full Version : TheJetstream PODCAST

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GazFish35
23-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Okay, the real Furns is on holiday in Bali at the moment and has asked me to relay the following message....

"TheJetstream Podcast has confirmed we are interviewing Gary Van Egmond & a senior player as well as Jets CEO Robbie Middleby & HSG Commercial Director Jarrod Johnstone on 26/6/12.

This will be a fan forum interview where all of your questions will be put to the interviewees and responses recorded for the podcast.

Please email all questions to podcast@newcastlefootball.net or tweet @newyboys with #jetstreamfanforum by 6pm 24/6/12"

This was posted on the foz's fb page before the foz was resurrected..... So I imagine you could just add your questions in here too.

To the fake Furns who registered on here before the little drummer boy got a chance.... Well played you cheeky scoundrel.

furns
24-06-2012, 02:49 PM
To the fake furns, I have now taken over this account - so its now the new reality.

furns
24-06-2012, 02:53 PM
To everybody else, I need all questions posted in here, emailed to podcast@newcastlefootball.net or tweeted with hash tag #jetstreamfanforum by midnight tonight.
I am interviewing GVE and a senior player (Jobe/RyGriff/Bridges), then Robbie Middleby and Jarrod (HSG) so any and all questions you want to ask the club/HSG, now is the time to ask them.

Pico
24-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Q : Would the club consider having a Members Player of the Year Award, voted on by all the members that join up before say the final third of the season starts. This player award would be presented at the annual jets award's night, preferably by a lucky member who voted for them, personally I'd be like to see it selected from the junior members as it would give them a kick giving an award over to their fav player. Ideally this would be expanded to include the player being awarded the members number "12" for the next season, should the player leave the number would be retired for the season until the next members player is awarded, this would of course wait until after Jobe has retired as he currently holds the number. I think it would help engage members and give another great benefit to being a member & would help create our own piece of tradition emphasizing membership.

GazFish35
24-06-2012, 04:50 PM
For HSG, what lessons have you learned about football that suprised you.

steve136
24-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Q. After months during which the Jets have made many changes, from wiping out the advisory board to releasing most of the Jets experienced players - replacing them with unknown, unproven, inexperienced and more importantly, cheaper youngsters - why should Jets fans renew their memberships, when it seems as though the Jets main objective in the off-season has been cost cutting?

Q. The club has not filled either of their two marquee positions - why not? Other clubs do not seem to have such difficultly in finding appropriate players to fill these roles.

Jetmaster
24-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Q. Will the club consider re-introducing the post match function ? It was very popular with the previous ownership and allowed fans to mingle with the players.

The Dunster
24-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Q. Branko Culina received a lot of criticism for scheduling the majority of pre-season games against local opposition. How will this years pre-season match schedule differ ?

pv4
24-06-2012, 08:07 PM
are the plans to play feature friendly matches against real Madrid, Barcelona, arsenal, manure, etc still in the works, and when will these be happening? also, what time of year actually suits to play these matches, seeing as though our season starts then finishes during theirs?

what is the situation with Joel griffiths? adelaide united fans have been able to have active communication via a non-FFA website made by Adelaide united, and they have been able to ask and receive the most up to date info on where Marco Flores stands as a possible transfer target, his contractual standpoint, and have been informed as to the clubs movements towards getting him back as it is clear he is the one and only thing the fans want. can we have an update on whether or not the jets have been listening to the fans, and have made movements to sign griffiths to the team as a permanent signing? if there have been movements at all, can we have the same details (how much money he's asking, how much is available from the jets side of the negotiations, how keen the jets actually are to signing him) that Adelaide fans have been gifted with Flores?

last seasons podcast, jarryd & Robbie said a fan-designed jersey is a thing they would look into but not for last season as isc struggled to even make kits for back then. when can we expect to be able to have input into jersey design? when are we going to see some emerald and cinnamon in our kits?

will our keepers be wearing yellow jerseys, the same colours as our main rivals, next season as they did this season?

q-money
24-06-2012, 09:26 PM
demand: make an emerald and cinnamon kit.

end: communique.

parksey
24-06-2012, 10:17 PM
the return of furns

pistolpete
24-06-2012, 11:02 PM
the return of furns

Prefer Ferns tbh

pv4
25-06-2012, 07:36 AM
my question is for furns:

when you said senior player (jobe/ryu/bridges) are those the three the club said they might send to it, or were they the only senior (aka over 21) players you could think of in the squad?

also, how was bali?

Pico
25-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Q: With the club adopting the Blue & Red kit for home and the fact it won't be changing much is the club looking at changing the Alternate kit more often, say change the Home kit every 2-3 years but change the alternate each year the home does not change. With Western Sydney now in the competition with club colours of black white & red this seems like a great chance to change our alternate kit to pay some respect to the formation of KB united in 1977 & next season would be a good chance to recognise the 5th anniversary of newcastle's maiden championship all whilst avoiding clashes.

GazFish35
25-06-2012, 09:02 AM
West sydney have announced plans to "de-eel" parramatta stadium (see link) to make the venue more "football" ..... Does HSG plan to make moves towards seeing Hunter stadium reflect the fact that the ground is shared...

1 Perhaps naming the new stand after a footballing identity.... Reg date, Cheryl Salisbury, ray baartz.
2. Putting up a "Champions 2008" fence sign like the knights premierships have been posted for some time.
3. Where ever you we a knight badge, put a jets one next to it.
4. Name the hills - KB United hill.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/wanderers-take-a-stand-in-fight-to-establish-team-20120624-20wj3.html

MFKS
25-06-2012, 09:42 AM
On that Subject with what the Unicorns are planning to do with Parra Stadium Fish you have missed the most logical.

Where is the renaming of stand to commemorate Newy heroes??

Joel Griffiths Stand
Steve Eagleton Stand

GazFish35
25-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Trying to be realistic

pv4
25-06-2012, 10:01 AM
if furnz is still taking questions..

what is the status in regards to the hsg-owned-and-built club for fans to drink at pregame, and during away games? if i recall correctly there was talk of something like this in the podcast last year.

if this is still in the works, is there provision in the plans to have a pool?

Jeterpool
25-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Question - Does the club intend to re-introduce National Youth League games at Hunter Stadium on match days to offer fans who want greater value for their money to attend?

GazFish35
25-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Question - Does the club intend to re-introduce National Youth League games at Hunter Stadium on match days to offer fans who want greater value for their money to attend?

Greater value?
How much do you want for $6?
:p

pv4
25-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Greater value?

haha agreed. it's cheaper to watch zadkid & his friends than it is to watch state league games.

MFKS
25-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Should at least play a couple pre HAL as curtain raiser. Plus a couple of W League games as curtain raisers through the season. Don't need to play all of them but put a few on so people outside of the die hards can see the standards

militiamon
25-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't mind them being held on different days imo, good for those lazy Sunday afternoons or when the senior team plays away that weekend.
If you have them as a curtain raiser, kick-off has to be about 3 hours earlier than the senior game. How many people would actually turn up for that? Based on the game played last season against the AIS, < 1000 people probably.

I think there should be a couple maybe, but it's better the way it is in terms of cost and convenience for the majority of games to be played outside of the senior match day.

Jeterpool
25-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Greater value?

Is this Robbie Middleby?? He he, I just like being able to get as much football as I can. Being able to see two games reminds me of being able to go watch lower grades back in the day at the Knights.

furns
25-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Cheers lads, all questions have been submitted and I will be conducting interviews tomorrow.
Look for the podcasts to be released separately in the coming weeks

furns
25-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Just to add that I am hoping to attend the Trust meeting on so I will be looking to record and post that as a special edition podcast also.

GazFish35
29-06-2012, 04:03 PM
When might the first installment be up on eyechoones?
Keen to hear the club not answer our questions.

Grunta
29-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Just subscribed through iTunes now the tecnoragy will take over and let me know when it arrives.

furns
29-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Posted it on twitter - will be up within 48 hours

furns
02-07-2012, 02:03 PM
episode 16 is now available
http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/files/audio/Jetstream%20ep_16.mp3 to listen to the episode
http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2 is the RRS feed to subscribe for you non-iTunes people like me
http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-jetstream-podcast/id288109928?mt=2 is the iTunes subscription link

This first Fans Forum episode is with Robbie Middleby and Jarrod Johnstone.
I will release the Trust Forum podcast at the end of the week and then the GVE Fan Forum episode in about another week after that.

pv4
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
robbie genuinely believes it's a non-issue that our keepers wear our main rivals colours at any time. remember the uproar liverpool fans had when blue featured on their kits?

also he has a faint memory - he said they'd never wear the mariners colours when playing against the mariners.

game 1 away v coast:
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/ImageResizerashxnhttp3a2f2fihaymarketnetau2fGaller ies2f20111210075512_135438056_10.jpg

game 2 away v coast:
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/ImageResizerashxnhttp3a2f2fihaymarketnetau2fGaller ies2f20120114082816_136977325_10.jpg

not only did they wear the mariners colours, they wore both of their colours over two games.

how is it difficult in terms of getting ISC to make different coloured keepers kits, as robbie said it was? it's easy, it's a one-coloured kit without patterns! the amount of teams ISC service in football, surely there's more keepers colours than navy blue & yellow (and the green they wear too).

Jetmaster
02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
What colour should they wear then ?

Swifts
02-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd be happy if they wore the green all the time.

pv4
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/html20colours.gif

anything but the colour of our main rivals, i guess. grey, black, greens, blues, reds, pinks, any colour except yellow.

MFKS
02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Don't think they understood the idea about changing the names of the grandstands for Jets games.

Fobbed it off as a NSW Government decision to name the stands.

Can't see why for Football matches the Jets/ Hunter Stadium can't refer to the Andrew Johns Stand as ........ Joel Griffiths stand instead the next day it can go back to being the Andrew Johns Stand

parksey
02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't mind them being held on different days imo, good for those lazy Sunday afternoons or when the senior team plays away that weekend.
If you have them as a curtain raiser, kick-off has to be about 3 hours earlier than the senior game. How many people would actually turn up for that? Based on the game played last season against the AIS, < 1000 people probably.

I think there should be a couple maybe, but it's better the way it is in terms of cost and convenience for the majority of games to be played outside of the senior match day.

hey superdylan

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Good job Furns.
Happy with the answers to be honest.

militiamon
03-07-2012, 12:25 AM
hey superdylan

lol, great call

furns
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Don't think they understood the idea about changing the names of the grandstands for Jets games.

Fobbed it off as a NSW Government decision to name the stands.

Can't see why for Football matches the Jets/ Hunter Stadium can't refer to the Andrew Johns Stand as ........ Joel Griffiths stand instead the next day it can go back to being the Andrew Johns Standof course they do, but it's not their stadium, they rent it. Knights changed the eastern stand name when they were in charge, now the government runs it and to change the name of the stand is their decision.
There are plenty of other problems higher on the list at that stadium before the naming of a stand. If you're that passionate about it buy your membership in the western stand in the upper tier and make your own banner to hang every home game.

Pico
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM

If it was me I'd start with gold for the R&B kit , then have a plain black or white for clashes, or maybe a plain emerald or plain cinnamon different colours that won't clash with other HAL clubs and have some meaning for our club/region.

The most disappointing thing to hear for me was that they were considering a replica kb kit with replica kb logo's, now due to the FFA taking that government anti-binge drinking campaign sponsorship no HAL club is allowed to have alcohol sponsors which basically rules it out, would have been awesome to get a KB sponsored E & C jets kit.

Pico
03-07-2012, 08:12 AM
of course they do, but it's not their stadium, they rent it. Knights changed the eastern stand name when they were in charge, now the government runs it and to change the name of the stand is their decision.
There are plenty of other problems higher on the list at that stadium before the naming of a stand. If you're that passionate about it buy your membership in the western stand in the upper tier and make your own banner to hang every home game.

Personally i find it a bit gimmicky anyway, would much rather wait and honour our history with a lasting legacy. I was much more impressed with the idea of using projections and banners at the front of the stadium to create a greater feeling of entering the jets stadium, the strange thing is why the original design for the stadium didn't allow for these sorts of things to be easily done. Could be cool to see a rolling history of Newcastle football images projected up on the centre panel of the western stand as you walk in.

I also liked the answers about the jets championship being honoured at the stadium hopefully they can get it & the knights stuff ok'd by NSW venues.

robnuts
03-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Both Robbie & Jarrod sounded positive on most questions raised, hopefully they can get NTUA being played pre-game sorted and sounds like they have considered alternate away strips, hopefully they take some notice of the fans before the season starts

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Both Robbie & Jarrod sounded positive on most questions raised, hopefully they can get NTUA being played pre-game sorted and sounds like they have considered alternate away strips, hopefully they take some notice of the fans before the season starts

Agreed. And most things they didn't jump at, they gave good sound reasons for being hesitant. Calm heads.

The only thing I didn't like them saying was "hsg have only been here for 2 yrs" ...... Its a legitimate message in some regards, but not if used to deflect from something fans have been wanting for years, not just 8, but since 1978.

All in all they were great responses.
It's now actions we need to see.
I think holding these regularly re. Great wy to keep things on the able, and on the record!

furns
03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-jetstream-podcast/id288109928?mt=2 please use this link to subscribe to the Jetstream podcast feed in iTunes as this link gets tracked for popularity as opposed to the direct link I had earlier.

furns
04-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Episode 17 is now available. This is an audio recording of the Supporters Trust Public Forum.
http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/files/audio/Jetstream%20ep_17.mp3

GazFish35
04-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Audio sounds good so at Furns.
Thanks for recording it.

MFKS
06-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Audio sounds good so at Furns.
Thanks for recording it.

Up until the bit where questions from the floor were asked. Heard everything from the people responding but still have NFI about what was being asked!! Forming assumptions and running with it:cool:

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
lol, I meant to say "so far"
still, a great listen

Jeterpool
06-07-2012, 02:26 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-jetstream-podcast/id288109928?mt=2 please use this link to subscribe to the Jetstream podcast feed in iTunes as this link gets tracked for popularity as opposed to the direct link I had earlier.

Great job on the latest episodes Furns. You have done really well.

Thanks for asking my question as well. I am happy with the response, but disappointed Jim felt I was saying HSG's prices weren't good value. They certainly are. I am very happy with the price and membership inclusions. My point was MORE value for money than we are already getting.

Still, very solid Pod! Well done. Offer still stands to join in as a member if you need someone else.

furns
06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Cheers mate
Thanks for the offer, we should be doing a tenzocast in the lead up to the season, maybe as a season prview.

furns
06-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Introduced myself to David Eland at the Trust meeting on Monday night, asked him if he would be interested in being interviewed for a Jetstream Fan Forum podcast a la Robbie/Jarrod/GVE episodes I taped last week. He was keen, are people interested and are there many questions people would like to ask him?

Btw GVE Fan Forum episode will be out in the next 24 hours.

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Introduced myself to David Eland at the Trust meeting on Monday night, asked him if he would be interested in being interviewed for a Jetstream Fan Forum podcast a la Robbie/Jarrod/GVE episodes I taped last week. He was keen, are people interested and are there many questions people would like to ask him?

Yes and yes.
I'd start a new thread on it, maybe in the local forum section, so it's easier for folk to find.

I'd like to know more about the "northern alliance" or if nnsw have investigated investing in any all weather facilities that may attract or build a strong five a side comp in the 35+ age group that might elevate some of the pressure on grass pitches throughout the region.

Jeterpool
06-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Where and when you thinking of doing it?

Pico
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Yes and yes.
I'd start a new thread on it, maybe in the local forum section, so it's easier for folk to find.

I'd like to know more about the "northern alliance" or if nnsw have investigated investing in any all weather facilities that may attract or build a strong five a side comp in the 35+ age group that might elevate some of the pressure on grass pitches throughout the region.

Funny you mention this as I only read today in the herald about NNSW announcing they are now going ahead with their new headquarters at speers point. Will include a new HQ office building & all weather 5 a side pitches, was only a small snippet about it, not online.

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Great minds think alike!

Don't bother asking my question anymore Furns.

Ask them the time frame instead!

MFKS
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes and yes.

I am not being a smart arse here but I did hear GVE harping on the other week about the lack of football wet weather facilities available in the Newy region.

Not being 100% on the subject but are the hockey fields on Turton Road unsuitable for this purpose?? After all they are smooth and flat, a similar sized field, they pump water on them regularly to prevent abrasion and obviously have people falling on them regularly with no notable Ambulance run going from there to John Hunter regularly.

What is stopping these things from being used??

GazFish35
07-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Hockey turf isn't the same as football specific artificial turf..... Bounce of the ball and all that.
Hockey is firmer underfoot and sucks balls to play football on.

Also, hockey use it.

MFKS
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Ok
But could it be used as a training facility for the Jets form time to time in the event of really bad weather in Newy without risking any damage to players until something more suitable is available??

q-money
07-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok
But could it be used as a training facility for the Jets form time to time in the event of really bad weather in Newy without risking any damage to players until something more suitable is available??

if you can find a reasonable timeslot, the place is pretty solidly booked. plus the turf floats in really heavy weather, the football pitches are quite different, wider piles and not as much rubber underneath.

the university should look at putting in an artificial pitch, similar to UNSW who have put one in, in use all the time, great money spinner

seymour shaw in sutho has made them one of the richest associations in syndey (i think)

MFKS
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
So what we are talking about is something similar to the plastic pitches introduced in the 80's in England to QPR Preston NE and Luton but with some more modern day technology that will have ironed out some of the flaws these things had

q-money
07-07-2012, 06:40 PM
i think they're much different to the old ones that you're talking about, i've only had a short kick around on the UNSW one, like you said the problems have been ironed out.

the bounce is comparable to grass, same as the roll, plus there's no bumps etc. i'd happily play on it, but i grew up playing hockey on astroturf so i'm used to it.

i watched a game of women's AA on it after, so I can't give you much information as to what a proper game of football is like on it, though.

GazFish35
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I eavesdropped on a convo that one of the guys behind the soccer5's on the central coast had........ Even with conservative estimates these things, if run well, are money making machines.
Find the right spot so they are well used by the community..... Charge the right price.....rake in the money.

furns
08-07-2012, 12:23 AM
http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/files/audio/Jetstream%20ep_18.mp3

New episode is available - Fan Forum part 2 featuring our interview with Gary Van Egmond. Asked the questions that people had been posting on here for ages, as well as the questions that were actually submitted when I asked for them.

Jeterpool
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Great work mate.

Can see from GvE's response why we didn't sign Flores. He sort of rules it out there and then upon reflection!

MFKS
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Not overtly flustered on Flores. Bloke may have put some good goals in when at Adelaide to make some good YouTube vids but he isn't exactly a team player.

Very lazy defensively and would not fit into our team dynamic much like KFC Hernandez.

Pleasing aspect GVE was pretty honest with a few things. Claiming his man management skills etc need improving and it is an area that he is lacking in.

Always a great sign when you can admit your own faults and not be in denial.

Griffo comments show promise. Speaks to Joel regularly. Keen to have him back. Would fit into set up well etc.

Maybe it ain't the clubs fault Griff hasn't resigned maybe the pressure needs to be applied to Joel to man up, return home and lead the Newy Charge to the HAL title

pv4
09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
5 aleague teams in preseason, overseas preseason trip still on the cards.

won't be surprised when we play sydney fc & wellington and that's about it.

gve didn't mention peppz once when talking about mids. also didn't mention regan (iirc) when talking about cbs.

GazFish35
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
keeping the pressure of the young boys.
mind games have started.

was also defending himself against the "the squads too young" brigade, so he's hardly going to lst a few young players!

Jeterpool
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
5 aleague teams in preseason, overseas preseason trip still on the cards.

won't be surprised when we play sydney fc & wellington and that's about it.

gve didn't mention peppz once when talking about mids. also didn't mention regan (iirc) when talking about cbs.

I don't recall him mentioning them either, but he didn't mention Goodwin, Bridges either I think. I'm not reading too much into it.

Not overtly flustered on Flores. Bloke may have put some good goals in when at Adelaide to make some good YouTube vids but he isn't exactly a team player.

Very lazy defensively and would not fit into our team dynamic much like KFC Hernandez.

Pleasing aspect GVE was pretty honest with a few things. Claiming his man management skills etc need improving and it is an area that he is lacking in.

Always a great sign when you can admit your own faults and not be in denial.

Griffo comments show promise. Speaks to Joel regularly. Keen to have him back. Would fit into set up well etc.

Maybe it ain't the clubs fault Griff hasn't resigned maybe the pressure needs to be applied to Joel to man up, return home and lead the Newy Charge to the HAL title

I agree - the man management comments were something pleasing to hear, as it was a widely spread rumour his man managemnet wasn't his greatest asset as a coach. It was interesting to listen about the type of football he wants us to play and the tactics as well.

pv4
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
keeping the pressure of the young boys.
mind games have started.

was also defending himself against the "the squads too young" brigade, so he's hardly going to lst a few young players!

he labelled his team as kids at one stage lol

GazFish35
09-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Interesting hear him say words about conflict being needed. I know what he means, church mouse types are boring to work with.

Good interview Furns.

furns
09-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Glad people are enjoying them :)

pv4
09-07-2012, 03:35 PM
my favourite part of the last podcast was gve saying we need griff and saying he loves having rubez around. life complete basically.

selassie
09-07-2012, 05:34 PM
seymour shaw in sutho has made them one of the richest associations in syndey (i think)

manly is also building a synth pitch and botany council rents out hensley park for friendlies and catch up games (hakoah and sydney uni use it as their homeground). they should defo get a couple around newy.

furns
17-07-2012, 12:59 PM
http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/files/audio/Jetstream%20ep_19.mp3

New Jetstream Podcast now available. In this edition we asked 5 players 10 questions each. Players interviewed were Jobe, BK, Bridgy, RyGriff and Mitch Cooper.
If people like the format, I will try to get back up to another training session and interview some more players with the same questions.

pv4
17-07-2012, 02:03 PM
i liked it. next time can you do 20mins with rubez?

goaliepersempre
17-07-2012, 02:07 PM
i liked it. next time can you do 20mins with rubez?

he should have his own full podcast, rubez :cool:

MFKS
18-07-2012, 10:51 AM
What don't you like about Newy???

Best loaded question ever!!! Need to think carefully before answering

First one to lay the boot in to Newy is in for it!!!!

furns
18-07-2012, 11:25 AM
lol that wasnt the intention but good to see the locals stick up for the place and the worst thing people said was coffee prices or the weather.

Also RyGriff dropping the truth bomb about a small minority laying the boot in.

furns
21-07-2012, 11:37 PM
As I posted on twitter earlier today, a big thanks to all the Jetstream listeners.
We averaged 150 listeners for each of the four latest podcast episodes posted in the last two weeks.

If people can share the episodes on FB and twitter to get the word out so we can grow it even more that would be great and much appreciated.

MFKS
22-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Will the Jets assist to post a link to it on their FB page??

After all you are providing a service for free that fans enjoy and would be keen on??

Pico
23-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Will the Jets assist to post a link to it on their FB page??

After all you are providing a service for free that fans enjoy and would be keen on??

See if Bridges or Ryu can joke about it on twitter, should get herald coverage then.

furns
16-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Its been a while since I have had the time to get anything done for the podcast lads, is there anyone in Newy that would like to help out? Living in sydney and having two kids makes it massively difficult to do anything other than host a skype convo.

Will look at a Jetstream podcast recording session after the derby. But I need more regular content - ie post match interviews. All you need is record them on your phone and send them to me.

furns
19-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Ok time to lock in a recording. Is anyone going to be available monday or wednesday night to do a skype session?
Will be at least an hour and half, need to review transfers, and the first three rounds as well as where we think we are heading as a club.

Blackmac79
20-10-2012, 07:24 AM
I can do either. Just not next week.

RedMexican
22-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I am keen to get involved. If needed of course

furns
22-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I am not able to do one this week, am too busy unfortunately. If anyone will be available sunday so we can review the month send me an email to podcast@newcastlefootball.net

pv4
22-10-2012, 10:50 PM
is this Sunday day or night?

furns
22-10-2012, 11:02 PM
sometime during the day, the merseyside derby is on at night I believe

pv4
05-11-2012, 08:44 AM
let's do this thing

pv4
23-01-2013, 01:17 PM
bump

joel31
12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Will this podcast ever happen again?

furns
12-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes, I am looking at getting a season review edition done - probably during the finals which we may or may not be involved in.

I ask people in here to help out and see if anyone is interested, and I get little to no response. I do thank those who have put their hands up though, due to a variety of reasons we havent been able to get everyone online at the same time.

As far as the interviews and postgame stuff, I live in Sydney, have a family and drive the MDR to almost every home game as it is. I dont have the time to be able to hang around for an hour after the game to interview players. Again, I asked if people were interested at start of the season to help out and make things easier but no-one responded.

If I was single and living in Newcastle I would be pumping out an episode every week, but I dont. As with the fanzine, if people want these things to be a part of the supporter culture they need to put their hands up and get involved.

furns
13-09-2013, 06:10 PM
after a long hiatus I have been having fruitful discussions with the football banter guys from twitter to have them on the podcast and see how it goes to making it into a regular monthly edition. Looks like we will be recording a season preview edition in the next few weeks.
Depending on how it goes we may ask for other contributors as well but so far it looks like initially it will be myself, fat_lenny, b5Grant and Aaron Kearney.

I am also keen on doing the fan forum-style podcasts again but I think I may do them once the season is underway.

As usual, I need post game interviewers to grab some short interviews with the players after each game so if anyone is keen (all you need is a smartphone) please PM me. I would like to grow the podcast this year and include more content but living in Sydney I cant do it all on my own. People need to get involved.

pv4
13-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I be keen to jump on the group one

Jeterpool
13-09-2013, 07:50 PM
after a long hiatus I have been having fruitful discussions with the football banter guys from twitter to have them on the podcast and see how it goes to making it into a regular monthly edition. Looks like we will be recording a season preview edition in the next few weeks.
Depending on how it goes we may ask for other contributors as well but so far it looks like initially it will be myself, fat_lenny, b5Grant and Aaron Kearney.

I am also keen on doing the fan forum-style podcasts again but I think I may do them once the season is underway.

As usual, I need post game interviewers to grab some short interviews with the players after each game so if anyone is keen (all you need is a smartphone) please PM me. I would like to grow the podcast this year and include more content but living in Sydney I cant do it all on my own. People need to get involved.

Hi Furns. Still keen to assist if needed. Happy to be in the panel style or regular pod if needed.

furns
16-09-2013, 06:19 PM
cheers mate

sammydog
16-09-2013, 07:03 PM

So is it just skype we need for this?

Let me know when it is and if any of us can't do it, I am sure some of the other Football Banter guys can be lined up. We are trying to have another banter session before the season kicks of as well, don't know if you could get some audio at that as well?

furns
16-09-2013, 08:23 PM
no mate what I plan for you guys is to to actually record the banter session :)
I will drive up to Newy and bring along my laptop and mics, we just record us all having a chat about Jets (probably have to structure it a little though)

sound good?

If its a success we can look at scheduling it as often as you guys want to get together, maybe every couple of weeks. The skype editions I can schedule for the weeks in between the episodes with you guys on.

sammydog
16-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Structure at banter? May need to move it from the pub.

pv4
16-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Keen

furns
16-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Structure at banter? May need to move it from the pub.
nah prefer it at the pub so long as its not massively loud, the ambience sounds good in the background. It actually sounds like a bunch of mates at a pub which is the whole idea.

Only structure would be a basic list of topics to chat about in a few sections

Blackmac79
17-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Sammy should listen to the FFDU Pubcast to get an idea

Jeterpool
17-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Anyone know if/when the Jets train in the afternoon? If they do I am happy to try and interview a few of them after training on the way home from work for contribution to the podcast.

Perhaps we can get access with approval from the club?

Blackmac79
17-09-2013, 08:23 AM
That reminds me. Got to try and get a media pass for the Jetstream.

Jeterpool
17-09-2013, 10:23 AM
That reminds me. Got to try and get a media pass for the Jetstream.

If we were to ask the players a question for the podcast would a media pass also be required?

pv4
17-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I've been to their trainings a couple of times at Ray Watt. It seemed to be no big deal if you wanted to go talk to the players, assuming they were up for a chat.

furns
17-09-2013, 03:24 PM
If we were to ask the players a question for the podcast would a media pass also be required?No not at training. When I did it I would usually let the Jets know I was coming, and then approached the players introducing myself as from the supporters website/jetstream podcast.

You generally need the media passes to attend the press conferences. And I have been rejected every season when I have applied for one since season 5.

Jeterpool
20-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Anyone know if/when the Jets train in the afternoon? If they do I am happy to try and interview a few of them after training on the way home from work for contribution to the podcast.

Perhaps we can get access with approval from the club?

Can anybody help me out? Any contacts within the jets so I can try get a chat after training??

GazFish35
21-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Pm me your email jeterpool

pv4
17-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Is this going to happen?

Blackmac79
21-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Furns want to do a pod just before the wellington game?

Pub somewhere?

furns
21-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Any of the Sydney based lads keen to join?

pv4
14-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Good work on the Tenzcast

joel31
25-11-2013, 08:37 PM
please do another one soon

hawk
27-12-2013, 02:04 PM
can you do the next PC with a bottle of scotch?

furns
09-01-2014, 10:15 PM
We will be recording the mid season review edition of the podcast at the conclusion of the Tifo Workshop at the Tenzo.
If you are coming and want to be a contributor, please let me know on the day.

joel31
11-01-2014, 09:11 AM
u better spend half of it talking about Griffo

joel31
15-01-2014, 11:05 PM
did this get recorded

furns
16-01-2014, 12:34 AM
It did. I will be releasing it in the next 24 hours

furns
17-01-2014, 12:17 PM
episode is now up
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/podcast/griffcast-ep21/

rss feed http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2
subscribe in iTunes itpc://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

pv4
21-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Good work on the recent episode.

Keen to contribute next time if I'm free.

Jeterpool
21-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Good work on the recent episode.

Keen to contribute next time if I'm free.

+1 on both accounts. Great effort guys.

furns
21-01-2014, 11:52 PM
cheers lads
will be looking to do a new one probably via skype the week following the WSW game

pv4
01-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Yo phernz

Any thoughts of doing a podcast?

Keen to join if you need numbers

Jeterpool
01-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Yo phernz

Any thoughts of doing a podcast?

Keen to join if you need numbers

Me too.

furns
01-04-2014, 11:46 AM
cheers guys however my main laptop has bitten the dust and I am currently looking for a new one. Once this situation is sorted I will be able to record again.

pistolpete
01-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Too much porn

Jeterpool
14-04-2014, 08:34 PM
End of season pod perhaps? Once you fix your broken porn machine of course Furns.

furns
07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I am finally in possession of a brand new Asus laptop, which means I will now be able to record and publish podcast content.
I am putting the call out to anyone who might be interested in frequently or occasionally contributing to the review/preview podcast (ideally weekly, although maybe fortnightly might be easier initially), as well as newy based people who might be interested in interviewing players, etc postgame.

GazFish35
07-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Get the member!

Blackmac79
08-11-2014, 08:51 AM
blackmac is always keen to rant.

Jeterpool
09-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm in if needed

furns
09-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Nice one
Have also put the call out on squadron FB page for podcast & fanzine contributors

BodyNovo
10-11-2014, 11:25 AM
will contribute

pv4
10-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Keen

pv4
27-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Podcast podcast podcast

Jeterpool
27-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Might be good to record after Monday. the first fans representative committee meeting is then so will be a good discussion point.

BodyNovo
28-11-2014, 10:48 AM
get it goin furns,

furns
28-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Planning on recording next week

Jeterpool
28-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Let me know when and I'll work on being available

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
set up skype last night and tested it on the ipad. It works well and I'm all set to record.

furns
07-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Right o, am looking to record on tuesday night, probably after 9pm. Who is available and keen to contribute?

pv4
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Right o, am looking to record on tuesday night, probably after 9pm. Who is available and keen to contribute?

Yep

Jeterpool
07-12-2014, 09:23 PM
I can't that night sorry. Monday I could do

furns
07-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I will see if I can do tomoz but as I already record the FFDU pubcast in the city, am not sure what time I will be home. Then kids have to get fed, in bed, etc. Might be after 9pm

Jeterpool
08-12-2014, 07:33 AM
I get that mate, sounds like you have a pretty full plate. I'm away for work Wednesday and Thrusday, we're hitting the road pretty early hence 9:00 won't work for me unfortunately. This week is just a bad week.

pv4
08-12-2014, 07:36 AM
After 9pm on any night should be sweet for me.

pv4
08-12-2014, 07:37 AM
furnsy out of curiosity..

When you do the FFDU pubcast, you obviously do it in a pub live. What hardware and software do you use for it?

furns
08-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Just an ipad with the bossjock app

furns
08-12-2014, 01:53 PM
I get that mate, sounds like you have a pretty full plate. I'm away for work Wednesday and Thrusday, we're hitting the road pretty early hence 9:00 won't work for me unfortunately. This week is just a bad week.No problem, completely understandable.
Anyone else available this week after 9pm? PV4 is still keen, just need one more contributor.

Jeterpool
08-12-2014, 02:08 PM
No problem, completely understandable.
Anyone else available this week after 9pm? PV4 is still keen, just need one more contributor.

Thanks mate - sorry to bail on you. I'm really keen to join in and even got Skype set up ready!

pv4
09-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Just an ipad with the bossjock app

(Y) Thanks boss

joel31
09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
did u record? I look forward to listening to it

furns
09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
No haven't recorded yet, still waiting for a third contributor to put their hand up. Unfortunately JP not available

Jeterpool
12-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Free next week Furns. PV4? How are you guys for take 2?

Jeterpool
16-12-2014, 03:06 PM
I've still got availability this week. Anyone?

pv4
16-12-2014, 03:21 PM
I thought this week was good for me, but it isn't.

Jeterpool
06-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Any thoughts on having another go at this?

furns
06-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Now that everyone is theoretically available, we should be able to get it going

Jeterpool
07-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Great. Let me know and I'll join in.

pv4
07-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Most nights after 9 I should be free

Jeterpool
07-01-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm generally free from 8:00 onwards. The little bloke goes down between 7:00 and 7:30.

MFKS
19-01-2015, 08:09 PM
You blokes done this yet or is it just like WLG and the Sheep Quiz answers???

furns
20-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I have had various things pop up in the last few weeks and socceroos trips haven't helped.
With the aleague returning, we will be looking to record it soon

Jeterpool
20-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Count me in

Jeterpool
02-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Looking pretty good this week if you want to do a podcast

pv4
02-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Post-9pm I am keen any day this week!

Jeterpool
02-02-2015, 08:39 AM
We'll have a little bit to chat about...

furns
05-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Sorry lads was keen to do this yesterday then when I got home in the afternoon we found Rental Termination notice in our letterbox. So last night was spent trawling the Domain app looking for new place to rent.

Jeterpool
05-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry lads was keen to do this yesterday then when I got home in the afternoon we found Rental Termination notice in our letterbox. So last night was spent trawling the Domain app looking for new place to rent.

No good mate. Not a nice thing to happen. Good luck finding a place and let us know when you're good to go

pv4
05-02-2015, 01:52 PM
That's upsetting phernzy. Sorry to hear pal.

I'd say move back to newy but that'd mean you'd frequent the FFDU pubcast way less, and that would make me sad :rof:

I'm good tonight, or even post-game tomorrow night, if that somehow suits.

Or most nights next week, I think.

Jeterpool
05-02-2015, 02:23 PM

I'd say move back to newy but that'd mean you'd frequent the FFDU pubcast way less, and that would make me sad :rof:

Next week Monday and Tuesday night aren't good for me. I'm travelling for work.

furns
05-02-2015, 02:46 PM
We might try to set a standard recording day for Wednesdays at 9pm. Will that work for you lads?
And if any other lurkers are interested in contributing this also let's people know when they need to be available.

pv4
05-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Let'sdo it

furns
05-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I will also aim to have a short prerecorded interview each week with a supporter of the team we are playing that weekend to insert into the recording

Bon
05-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Let'sdo it

In what way are you looking for people to contribute Furns?
PV4, how about you contribute once you have done the Sheep Quiz for everyone? haha

Jeterpool
05-02-2015, 03:15 PM
We might try to set a standard recording day for Wednesdays at 9pm. Will that work for you lads?
And if any other lurkers are interested in contributing this also let's people know when they need to be available.

That should be fine. I can organise my work travel around that too

MFKS
05-02-2015, 04:23 PM
In what way are you looking for people to contribute Furns?
PV4, how about you contribute once you have done the Sheep Quiz for everyone? haha
Furns should actually get one random foz illiminati on each week just to give WLG a spraying about the Sheep Quiz

MFKS
05-02-2015, 04:24 PM

Seeing as others are busy your free and you have nothing to do Sheep Quiz answers should fill your time in tonight:grin:

pv4
10-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Had a recording with Turner from ATB last night for this podcast. He's a good kid and has some great insights. Turns out my attempted 10minute interview ended up being a 30-40minute interview though :rof: so phernz may have to edit it a bit!

Jeterpool
10-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Nice work!

What Skype details will I need? Can someone please PM me? Never used this before

pv4
10-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Nice work!

What Skype details will I need? Can someone please PM me? Never used this before

I'm sure phernz will run through it tomorrow but basically you log in to skype (you said you've got it setup, yeah?), give phernz your skype name, he adds you and then video calls you. And I assume he either has an in-built recording setup in skype or does what I did last night and just voice records from phone/tablet.

It's pretty cruisy.

Jeterpool
13-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Nice recording last night fellas. I look forward to listening back to it and cringing at how bad I sound and how little I really know!

BodyNovo
13-02-2015, 09:44 AM
i assume it went in terms of talking

furns 80% everyone ele 20%

bloke loves to talk :arse:

Jeterpool
13-02-2015, 09:52 AM
i assume it went in terms of talking

furns 80% everyone ele 20%

bloke loves to talk :arse:

Have to listen to find out!

pv4
13-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I have no idea how it turned out but to me it felt like we all hogged the mic a bit, so should be relatively even.

joel31
13-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Whens it coming out. I look forward to listening to it

pv4
13-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Whens it coming out. I look forward to listening to it

Phernz has the big job of editing it all. So whenever he has finished that. Could be today, could be when the sheep quiz updated. Who knows!

MFKS
13-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Phernz has the big job of editing it all. So whenever he has finished that. Could be today, could be when the sheep quiz updated. Who knows!

Well it has got to be this week then as someone assured me the Sheep Quiz would be done this week:sup:

lquiquer
13-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Well it has got to be this week then as someone assured me the Sheep Quiz would be done this week:sup:

Sheep Quiz??? What's that? :wink:

Jeterpool
13-02-2015, 12:29 PM

Prior to recording, Pv4 read the sheep quiz answers out to me and Member you're not going to be happy, especially with who you've now drawn in the Militiamon Cup as a result.

MFKS
13-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Prior to recording, Pv4 read the sheep quiz answers out to me and Member you're not going to be happy, especially with who you've now drawn in the Militiamon Cup as a result.

I look forward to raging over it.

Problem is until WLG coughs up the answers and draw WLG is denying that rage

furns
14-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Podcast is now up - unfortunately I had a black friday at work and it took me ages to get home to finish editing down the recording. Which is still almost 90 minutes (thanks pv4 :rolleyes:)

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/podcast/the-jetstream-podcast-ep22-hiatus-interruptus/

Jeterpool
14-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Sounds good Furns! Look forward to next week!

BodyNovo
16-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Actually quite enjoyed it

Like the segment with someone from the other club

Should continue it

If you ever want me to chip in again Id be keen

MFKS
16-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Any chance to add a few segments that have been pre recorded to future efforts??

Ie Interview a few of the foz legends for their take on life etc

MFKS
16-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Also Furns next time you get WLG on can we get a translator also.

All I heard was Gyponese everytime he talked and I understand **** all of that dialect :sparring:

Jeterpool
16-02-2015, 08:03 PM
I'll meet you down at Kotara Bowlo for a beer and a chat member!

Jeterpool
16-02-2015, 08:53 PM
In all seriousness though, you mean some standard questions in a "5 minutes with xyz" style segment member?

MFKS
16-02-2015, 09:04 PM
In all seriousness though, you mean some standard questions in a "5 minutes with xyz" style segment member?

Yeah that sort of thing. Maybe a set of standard questions and a few topical questions in relation to current events etc

Skirt Boy
16-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Also Furns next time you get WLG on can we get a translator also.

All I heard was Gyponese everytime he talked and I understand **** all of that dialect :sparring:

Should try to play football on the same team. ****ing impossible.

pv4
17-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Which is still almost 90 minutes (thanks pv4 :rolleyes:)

Blame Turner!

pv4
17-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Any chance to add a few segments that have been pre recorded to future efforts??

Ie Interview a few of the foz legends for their take on life etc

All three of the foz legends were on the last podcast m8.

In all seriousness, this is something we may look into for the future.

Does anyone have any other ideas of segments they'd like to see brought in?

Is there anything from the last podcast you think was wrong and would like to clarify?

And is there anything in particular you want to see us talk about in the next podcast?

As we get more comfortable and into a better routine, we're happy to take any and all suggestions and potentially add them in. Feel free to shoot ideas around if you think of them!

Jeterpool
17-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Rep added

MFKS
17-02-2015, 02:58 PM
All three of the foz legends were on the last podcast m8

You sound just like Stubbins blowing smoke up your own arse FFS.:facepalm:

WLG You made me a promise last week. Deliver and the title Foz Legend can be bestowed :whistling:

Bon
17-02-2015, 03:34 PM

In all seriousness, this is something we may look into for the future.

Does anyone have any other ideas of segments they'd like to see brought in?

Is there anything from the last podcast you think was wrong and would like to clarify?

And is there anything in particular you want to see us talk about in the next podcast?

As we get more comfortable and into a better routine, we're happy to take any and all suggestions and potentially add them in. Feel free to shoot ideas around if you think of them!

More Mel and/or Tara... :brrr:

The Postman
17-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Awesome show lads, as a friend of the Gypo Sympathizer I was expecting no one else to get a word in but Furns hogged the mic and kept the ball rolling, loved it though, nice to hear some intelligent talk about the Jets.

I have subscribed, rated and reviewed and will be telling anyone that will listen to give it a try.

Along with more Mel and Tara, a player profile/interview would be nice, would give everyone a chance to get to know a player better than what a visit to Wikipedia provides.

Also a Logo for the iTunes picture, make it seem more legit ala Around the Bloc

Jeterpool
18-02-2015, 06:18 AM
Awesome show lads, as a friend of the Gypo Sympathizer I was expecting no one else to get a word in but Furns hogged the mic and kept the ball rolling, loved it though, nice to hear some intelligent talk about the Jets.

I have subscribed, rated and reviewed and will be telling anyone that will listen to give it a try.

Along with more Mel and Tara, a player profile/interview would be nice, would give everyone a chance to get to know a player better than what a visit to Wikipedia provides.

Cheers mate :) we're recording Thursday night so hopefully you enjoy the next one

pv4
18-02-2015, 07:18 AM

I have made contact with one of nf.net's resident designers and will see if he/she is able to work their magic on a logo!

GazFish35
18-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I'll dig out the original Jetstream ai files.

GazFish35
18-02-2015, 12:42 PM
i think i found them (cantr see them as th ecomputer im on doesnt have Adobe Illustartor
who wants them?

pm me an email address

BodyNovo
18-02-2015, 04:08 PM
are you guys going to do the same thing with a yellow fever member for the other clubs

furns get dale or patrick to help you out.

pv4
18-02-2015, 05:42 PM
are you guys going to do the same thing with a yellow fever member for the other clubs

We have planned to, and phernz said he was sorting it. I assume he's already done it

furns
19-02-2015, 11:48 PM
recording done
will aim to have the episode posted by lunchtime if possible.

Jeterpool
20-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Good fun recording last night. Hope you all enjoy it.

2ndBest
20-02-2015, 08:17 AM

I beat out Patrick for the role? Best moment of my life.

Jeterpool
20-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Your interview was good! Thanks for helping us out

BodyNovo
20-02-2015, 09:12 AM

i loled

see you guys soon.

2ndBest
20-02-2015, 09:13 AM
No worries. Furns has helped us out in the past.

We'll try return Bodi back in one piece.

furns
20-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Returned is fine.
How many pieces he is in we will leave up to you.

2ndBest
20-02-2015, 12:10 PM
we'll find pieces of him in Electric Ave for the next 6 months.

Jeterpool
20-02-2015, 01:16 PM
For those who were wondering following last weeks pod, the Brisbane crowd was not the lowest of the Tinkler era. It was the 4th lowest.

The lowest is 3114 against the Melbourne Heart in S6.

pv4
20-02-2015, 01:19 PM
For those who were wondering following last weeks pod, the Brisbane crowd was not the lowest of the Tinkler era. It was the 4th lowest.

Our next two home games are against NSW opposition but come 29 March, at home to Adelaide, I have full faith that we can beat that #daretodream #believe

MFKS
20-02-2015, 01:20 PM

That was though located at Port Macquarie thanks to the Motocross though wasn't it??

Whats the lowest at Stade de Newy??

Jeterpool
20-02-2015, 02:33 PM
That was though located at Port Macquarie thanks to the Motocross though wasn't it??

Whats the lowest at Stade de Newy??

I've not finished populating data on stadiums but that makes sense. WIP.

The next lowest is 6780 against Sydney Rd 26 S6. My recollection is that was a wet, miserable match. Howling rain. I think I left with the missus and went to Wests to watch it because of the weather.

Otherwise, the match against Brisbane is the lowest.

furns
20-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Newest ep of the Jetstream Podcast is up

As usual, give us your feedback, etc

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/podcast/the-jetstream-podcast-ep23-farewell-sweet-griff/

Huge thanks to Pico for the shiny new artwork

Grimario
20-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Where's my invite? Bitter and twisted with Grimario. And no, it's not a beer festival but it is a whine fest.

MFKS
20-02-2015, 09:24 PM
When you come up with the places you wanted back in Newy

2 things came to mind.

Jump Club aka World Biggest Disco which Furns rightly identified and The JR.

How ****ing good were the nights in the Worlds Biggest Disco. Walk in smashed keep getting smashed and find a root or a fight guaranteed

Jetmaster
21-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Funny you should say this Member....I and others are looking at the possibility of a one off "Worlds Biggest Disco Reunion" at the Workies for charity.

Proof of age at the door (must be at least 40!), collared shirts compulsory, scatchy VHS 80s music videos shown on the big screen - half the people that go will have met there. And there will be ample opportunity for the singles to "grab a great-granny".

Just checking out the logistics and interest.

MFKS
21-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Funny you should say this Member....I and others are looking at the possibility of a one off "Worlds Biggest Disco Reunion" at the Workies for charity.

Proof of age at the door (must be at least 40!), collared shirts compulsory, scatchy VHS 80s music videos shown on the big screen - half the people that go will have met there. And there will be ample opportunity for the singles to "grab a great-granny".

Just checking out the logistics and interest.

:thumbsup:

Surprised the thing hasn't been revisited already even if not for the generation who lived it but the new generation.

Pretty simple concept that went gangbusters back in the day.

Actually I have no idea ow the Woerkers Club didn't fold after it stopped 20% of Newy would have been Members and patronised the joint because of the WBD

pv4
21-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Member must have loved this pod - mentions of Kale Bradbery AND Sheep quiz! :rof:

MFKS
21-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Member must have loved this pod - mentions of Kale Bradbery AND Sheep quiz! :rof:
Member left highly unsatisfied by doing things half arsed.

The Sheep Quiz answers not forthcoming and the reasons why should have taken up a large portion of the Podcast :sparring:

The situation where Pavicevic has been given a contract and the opportunities offered to Crowley and Cowburn highlight the travesty of the way Kale was treated.
Then add in the failings of the EJ system with Kale and our interest in signing Gypos instead of Kale

Podcast didn't delve deep enough

Jeterpool
21-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Member left highly unsatisfied by doing things half arsed.

The Sheep Quiz answers not forthcoming and the reasons why should have taken up a large portion of the Podcast :sparring:

The situation where Pavicevic has been given a contract and the opportunities offered to Crowley and Cowburn highlight the travesty of the way Kale was treated.
Then add in the failings of the EJ system with Kale and our interest in signing Gypos instead of Kale

Podcast didn't delve deep enough

Re: sheep quiz I'm trying for you Member.

Re: Simon - didn't know it a the time of podcast.

Jeterpool
21-02-2015, 01:36 PM
DODD WATCH UPDATE - Coaching Western Pride in Qld NPL

The Postman
23-02-2015, 07:12 AM
On the next podcast Pv4 will probably need a solid 15 minutes to unload on BK for his "dive" for the Freekick yesterday

2ndBest
23-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Who said I was being generous going with 2-0?

pv4
23-02-2015, 07:56 AM

:rof: pretty much all of us

Jeterpool
23-02-2015, 08:08 AM

That would be me. But I don't know what I am talking about

Jeterpool
23-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Any questions for us this week people?

pv4
23-02-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm happy to expand the "Jetsetters" database to any former Jerks players/coaches you guys would want to know how they're going. Thanks to a bit of feedback, particularly from GazFish, I will be updating everyone this week on the four mentioned in the last pod plus Fabio Vignaroli, Marko Jesic, Richard Money, Branko Culina & Nick Theodorakopoulos. Oh and Dodd Watch.

MFKS
23-02-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm happy to expand the "Jetsetters" database to any former Jerks players/coaches you guys would want to know how they're going. Thanks to a bit of feedback, particularly from GazFish, I will be updating everyone this week on the four mentioned in the last pod plus Fabio Vignaroli, Marko Jesic, Richard Money, Branko Culina & Nick Theodorakopoulos. Oh and Dodd Watch.

While you are at it how about an official update on the status of the Sheep Quiz

Jeterpool
27-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Good recording last night! Anyone who sits on the fence as to whether Pv4 is a closet gypo or not, I urge you to listen and make up your mind following this pod!

Grimario
27-02-2015, 09:16 AM
I am not going to listen to it until I am featured on it.

Also, I am 100% certain pv4 is a gypo.

pv4
27-02-2015, 09:29 AM
I am not going to listen to it until I am featured on it.

Also, I am 100% certain pv4 is a gypo.

We talk about the Jerks on it m8. No one wants to hear about bloody Adelaide!

Grimario
27-02-2015, 09:42 AM
We talk about the Jerks on it m8. No one wants to hear about bloody Adelaide!

Adelaide Schmadelaide. If you think I want to talk about here, you are forgetting who I am and where we last caught up.

Grimario
27-02-2015, 09:42 AM
And it wasn't at the pub since Bon flaked.

Bon
27-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Adelaide Schmadelaide. If you think I want to talk about here, you are forgetting who I am and where we last caught up.

Was it the Central Coast Leaguesy??

Grimario
27-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Was it the Central Coast Leaguesy??

Is that the one just up the road from your school? If so, no.

MFKS
27-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Good recording last night! Anyone who sits on the fence as to whether Pv4 is a closet gypo or not, I urge you to listen and make up your mind following this pod!

We already know he is Gypo and extra reasons are incidental

I am gonna be listening for 2 reasons

1 Dodd Watch
2 Official Update on the Status of Sheep Quiz Answers Being Provided.

Bon
27-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Is that the one just up the road from your school? If so, no.

I'm just going to leave that there to linger like the dirty fart that it is.. :lulz: