PDA

View Full Version : All things Star Wars (SPOILERS)

StannyCFCJET
21-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Lets discuss all things Star Wars without worrying about spoilers

plague
21-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Darth Vader is Lukes dad.

StannyCFCJET
21-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Rey is a Skywalker. Sike, Thank the **** not

plague
21-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Rey is a Skywalker. Sike, Thank the **** not

aaaaahhhhh but was that a PLOY by CHESTY CHEST MAN to get her to join him?

god i hope not.shut it down, the topic is resolved.

StannyCFCJET
21-12-2017, 09:56 PM
aaaaahhhhh but was that a PLOY by CHESTY CHEST MAN to get her to join him?

god i hope not.shut it down, the topic is resolved.

I'm fine with her being a nobody. Anakin was a nobody

StannyCFCJET
21-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Anyone else mad we still don't know who Snoke is?

plague
21-12-2017, 10:04 PM

nah, **** that guy.

again, if he maintains his position, ep.3 becomes "oh look Snoke is like the prune emperor bloke and now Moody Chest man has to kill him".

Again, Johnson just goes, nah, hes a speedbump. **** him off, put Chesty Chest man in charge.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rVZEejvVWEbug/giphy.gif

now its redemption or death. Knowing JJ Abrams' bullshit it'll be both.

Jetmaster
22-12-2017, 08:09 AM
One less thread for me to read!

https://pics.me.me/i-dont-hate-star-wars-just-star-wars-people-4951582.png

Macca
22-12-2017, 08:57 AM

A little, but I read a good point that after the original three movies there was still no info on the Emperor really and that was fine. He was just *evil*, which Snoke was filling the role of quite well.

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.

Overall enjoyed it though, plot did take a few turns I wasn't expecting which was enjoyable. Not sure how successful of a villain Kylo is gonna be, he just seems so.. needy and on the fence. But I guess that's fine, just a point of difference with tradition.

StannyCFCJET
22-12-2017, 12:07 PM
A little, but I read a good point that after the original three movies there was still no info on the Emperor really and that was fine. He was just *evil*, which Snoke was filling the role of quite well.

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.

Overall enjoyed it though, plot did take a few turns I wasn't expecting which was enjoyable. Not sure how successful of a villain Kylo is gonna be, he just seems so.. needy and on the fence. But I guess that's fine, just a point of difference with tradition.

He's not a proper villain though IMO, He was a troubled boy who thought his family had betrayed him and is still coming to terms with his anger and strength. I find his character very interesting instead of the usual kill everyone take over the world bad guy

StannyCFCJET
22-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Also Leia can fly through space with the force discuss?

Grimario
22-12-2017, 12:18 PM
WTF... I can't post. I get a 403 forbidden error. Or maybe I can't post about star wars as this post complaining about 403 forbidden worked?

Macca
22-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Also Leia can fly through space with the force discuss?

Yeah this kinda bothered me a bit, not the flying through space that much but more the fact that she was surviving in space and able to use the force to that extent while being presumably on the verge of unconsciousness.

But then I shrugged my shoulders and went "whatever" and continued watching the movie.

plague
22-12-2017, 03:48 PM
The 2 truly terrible parts of the movie were Mary Poppins Leia and Finn not dying.

Grimario
22-12-2017, 03:52 PM
The chicken bird things and the nuns. They were worse for different reasons.

pv4
28-12-2017, 11:05 PM
The 2 truly terrible parts of the movie were Mary Poppins Leia and Finn not dying.

100% agreed

I also agree with plagueseys review elsewhere that the first half dragged on too much and the second half was dope.

Ask mrs v4 - i called Luke vs Kylo twist as soon as he got there. Was still wicked to watch anyway. That salt planet was great, awesome effect.

Finn had to die. That pained me that he didn't.

Also just conveniantely being in the same cell as a code breaker pick pocket pained me. Way too easy a get-out, in a movie series made up of easy outs.

Something about ghost yoda seemed wrong. He just didn't look the same to me.

Interested in how they kill Leia off now. They had so, so many opportunities.

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2017, 11:27 PM
100% agreed

I also agree with plagueseys review elsewhere that the first half dragged on too much and the second half was dope.

Ask mrs v4 - i called Luke vs Kylo twist as soon as he got there. Was still wicked to watch anyway. That salt planet was great, awesome effect.

Also just conveniantely being in the same cell as a code breaker pick pocket pained me. Way too easy a get-out, in a movie series made up of easy outs.

Interested in how they kill Leia off now. They had so, so many opportunities.

Have to be in the opening SW credits, Theve said they wont us CGI and im guessing Finn has a big part to play in episode 9

pv4
29-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Apart from this foz i haven't read any reviews of it yet. Empire is still better imo. And i think i even liked Rogue One more tbh.

The BDSM jedi's with weird instruments irked me. Just have normal light sabers ffs disney.

On Finn, let's keep discussing him. What did he actually do in TLJ? The main thing we got from him is he isn't trying to rage quit the resistance anymore, right? But his entire storyline was pointless, yeah? My memory says the only things his storyline actually achieved was he got half the resistance ships killed when he alerted the order to the small ships.. and he showed that little dude the resistance in the horse race arena and that kind used the force to move a broomstick so will definitely be involved later. Finn's entire storyline was completely irrelevant otherwise, yeah? Imo the series could rely on Po more and forget Finn.

The amount of chances they could have killed Leia in TLJ, it'd be really annoying if they kill her off in the credits. I guess the first scene in IX being a funeral is a shoe in then..

Kylo is fxxxing frustrating with his mood, which I think they are absolutely nailing because it makes me.hate him more. I still hate his voice though. So glad they wrecked that helmet at the start, i couldn't understand what he said with that shit on.. is it me that is wrong there, or the children?

Grimario
29-12-2017, 10:54 AM
BDSM Jedi... do you mean the Elite Praetorian Guard? They aren't Jedi. They are Snokes version of the Emperor's Royal Guard and vibroblade weapons have been a thing in the SW universe since forever.

StannyCFCJET
29-12-2017, 12:20 PM
BDSM Jedi... do you mean the Elite Praetorian Guard? They aren't Jedi. They are Snokes version of the Emperor's Royal Guard and vibroblade weapons have been a thing in the SW universe since forever.

Grevious has guards with it

plague
29-12-2017, 04:44 PM
On Finn, let's keep discussing him. What did he actually do in TLJ?

the more i think about Finn not dying the more i imagine the 'think pieces' that would have been written about the black character being the cannon fodder (literally) in order to save the white people.

you cant tell me this type of thing wasnt focus grouped the shit out of.

hawk
29-12-2017, 07:20 PM
the more i think about Finn not dying the more i imagine the 'think pieces' that would have been written about the black character being the cannon fodder (literally) in order to save the white people.

you cant tell me this type of thing wasnt focus grouped the shit out of.

for sure

the token Asian female hero. At no time did she fit the part. Maybe it was the haircut. The estrogen focused leaders were DJ's grannies. The dark force red haired gentlemen leader was as dangerous as the My little pony crew rof. The bit with Yoda summed up so much the boring 1st half could have been cut. The posing from the actors was so cliched Yank vom. Turns out I was a bit light on the ridicule in my earlier post. 3D was ok. the aircon was to die for.

baldrick
29-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Darth Vader is Lukes dad.

Wait. Wat ??

belchardo
04-01-2018, 08:42 PM
finally got around to seeing this on Tuesday. thought the movie had way too many "endings" that they cruised on by (killing snoke, killing luke, escaping the fleet, etc etc etc). i did ultimately enjoy the movie, and as somebody else mentioned there were a few plot twists that were good/neat. not sure my expectations were met though, a little to disney/muppets in points. anywho, i'm sure i'll be off to the next one.

Yeah this kinda bothered me a bit, not the flying through space that much but more the fact that she was surviving in space and able to use the force to that extent while being presumably on the verge of unconsciousness.

when this happened i just thought "you have got to be kidding". thought we were watching the last emotional shot of carrie fisher, and then she comes back to life. to top it off, she only saved herself! way to use the force leia!

yes, there's a shot of him way out in front, and then all of the sudden she's far enough in front to swing around and come in from the side?? and he can run away from the crash, yet she dies?

The chicken bird things and the nuns. They were worse for different reasons.

and don't forget the crystal dogs, and the cow things that luke milked on the island. everytime i saw something like that i thought "well there's another disney toy i'll be seeing shortly". none of them even added to the story! mind you, i did laugh at one point when the nuns got pissed off when rey chopped the rock off. every time there seemed to be some trouble, oh look, a handy cute looking animal to use in our escape!

but surely finn was the way they were tracking the fleet. how else could they be doing it?

code breaker was explained by the whole double-cross at the end (i.e. he was a first order plant). makes even more sense if finn was the one they were tracking.

ghost yoda - too solid i thought. not glowing blue enough either.

plague
04-01-2018, 11:33 PM
and don't forget the crystal dogs

but surely finn was the way they were tracking the fleet. how else could they be doing it?

code breaker was explained by the whole double-cross at the end (i.e. he was a first order plant). makes even more sense if finn was the one they were tracking.

ghost yoda - too solid i thought. not glowing blue enough either.

to be fair the crystal dogs 'helped' them escape so they kind of had a part to play. and they looked dope as ****. id have a crystal dog any day. at least the ****er wont leave hair all over my ****ing house. and if the crystals fall off my crystal dog id sweep them up and bedazzle them on my jeans or something equally as dope.

wait? was the shitty apple watch thing the way they were tracking the 'good guys'? i kind of thought that at the start, but i thought the piece of tech Finn and the token azian were trying to switch off was legit and it was a SUPER NEW SPECIAL tracker thingy.

is that not correct?

funnily enough i was reading an article today about the effort to bring back puppet yoda (as opposed to the shitty CGI Yoda from the prequels).
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/01/the-painstaking-workthe-last-jediput-in-resurrecting-a-classic-star-warscharacter/

they pretty much said they toned down the 'ghost' effect because they were so happy with the puppet they had made they wanted the audience to see more of it rather than a special effect. good pickup Mr Chardo.

oh, and im glad Snoke died, and died pathetically. he was only a speedbump in the road for MOODY TEEN EMO GOTH JEDI DUDE to assume full power. If Snoke stayed, then Ep.3 (or 9......or whatever the **** we are up to) becomes a carbon copy of Return of the Jedi, bad dude confronting the true big bad.

im happy they kind of went, "nah **** this big bad dude, lets have the EMO TEEN GOTH JEDI smoke him early to show how MOODY AND TEEN ANGST he is".

see now EMO GOTH TEEN JEDI answers to no one. so the effort to make him "good" becomes infinitely harder.

serious though if Rey doesnt cut that mother****er in half in the next movie ima be pissed.

Retro Jet
05-01-2018, 12:50 AM
oh, and im glad Snoke died, and died pathetically. he was only a speedbump in the road for MOODY TEEN EMO GOTH JEDI DUDE to assume full power. If Snoke stayed, then Ep.3 (or 9......or whatever the **** we are up to) becomes a carbon copy of Return of the Jedi, bad dude confronting the true big bad.

im happy they kind of went, "nah **** this big bad dude, lets have the EMO TEEN GOTH JEDI smoke him early to show how MOODY AND TEEN ANGST he is".

see now EMO GOTH TEEN JEDI answers to no one. so the effort to make him "good" becomes infinitely harder.

serious though if Rey doesnt cut that mother****er in half in the next movie ima be pissed.

Yeahhh...on that Snoke killin'....
Could have sworn that the lightsabre was rotated, switched on and burns a big hole midway through his body,
THEN the thing was force moved forwards by EMO BHOY to slice him. Only continuity fault is, when his upper body
later slides off, he's been cut from the back to front. Ooops...

Retro Jet
05-01-2018, 12:55 AM
Is Chewbacca now a vegetarian ?
Highly Disney marketable, big eyed character friend seen in the Falcon cockpit is
off the menu..as is its friends/family.

Sniff....

Retro Jet
05-01-2018, 01:08 AM

yes, there's a shot of him way out in front, and then all of the sudden she's far enough in front to swing around and come in from the side?? and he can run away from the crash, yet she dies?

Simple answer: Americas Cup - final race 1983. Go wide, use the winds there to your advantage and cut him of on the leeward mark.

PS They shoudda kept her hot sister in the 'lead' asian role and killed of the fatty...

Retro Jet
05-01-2018, 01:14 AM
The Leia space flight.

When the camera zooms in on her face after her hand quivers, I was waiting of the eyes to open.
On cue, they do...except the force is so strong in this one, they don't freeze over....at 2.7 degrees Kelvin. :shock:

Retro Jet
05-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Benicio del Toro/DJ
Was half expecting him to blurt out at any time (in English please?):- Hand me the keys you c**k sucker...wat da faq?

What's the bet there's bloopers on the cutting room floor from I, II & III of Samuel L Jackeon/Mace Windu
rippin' a few Mother F***ers on set?

Also, when the last rebel ship is running with it's back shield deflecting the blasts, why doesn't the
poor man's David Wenham look alike command a Star Destroyer to just nip off for a bit into hyper space and return in front of it?

Aside form all this bitchin', I liked this one a whole lot more than The Force Awakens - which was for all intents and purposes,
A New Hope on steroids.

I've made a point of seeing these in the year they were released and for the first time, I watched a SW film in 3D.
Wasn't sure I was going to get to see it in 2017 though. Rocked up Dec 30th to the shopping center, formerly known as Uncle Frank's place.
2:30pm was Gold Class - sold out. Came back for 3:40pm (with 20? 30min of ads??) and told it was V/Max n 3D. Thought, fk it, do it!
THEN, around that scene where fatty and Finn are exchanging pleasantries about deserters, the 3D wigs out. Vertical stripes were flicking across
the screen, then it freezes on a frame of Finn, just before she zaps him...with the sound continuing into where they work out how the FO are Hyperspace Tracking.
I thought I was cursed! They rewound it and all was good after that.

3D V/Max a good choice in the end. Will be doing the same for IX.

pv4
05-01-2018, 05:24 AM
a little to disney/muppets in points. anywho, i'm sure i'll be off to the next one.

Honestly when I read criticism about the birds, milk-frogs, nuns, etc I can't help but point out that Ep 4-6 were filled with happy funny little fuzzy characters and really wanky moments. Ewok dance parties, little critters getting zapped/eaten, basically the entire Cantina Bar, and how about all those scenes that would just fade out with this really weird smiley laughy face of Harrison Ford or some shit. Take the rose coloured glasses off and review some of the moments in the best Star Wars movies and yall will want to poke out your eyes. I don't find the current ones any more Disneyed than previous tbh.

pv4
05-01-2018, 05:25 AM
when this happened i just thought "you have got to be kidding". thought we were watching the last emotional shot of carrie fisher, and then she comes back to life. to top it off, she only saved herself! way to use the force leia!

The writers had tonnes of opportunities to do Fisher justice and kill her off in a really great way.

Instead, they continually ignored this avenue and now we're going to read about it in the opening scrolling credits in Ep IX. Massive shame.

pv4
05-01-2018, 07:42 AM
The Leia space flight.

When the camera zooms in on her face after her hand quivers, I was waiting of the eyes to open.
On cue, they do...except the force is so strong in this one, they don't freeze over....at 2.7 degrees Kelvin. :shock:

I fully understand people saying "it's science fiction, get over it" but Leia Poppins just didn't even go close to staying consistent with the entire series for me. I truly hated that bit.

plague
05-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Simple answer: Americas Cup - final race 1983. Go wide, use the winds there to your advantage and cut him of on the leeward mark.

PS They shoudda kept her hot sister in the 'lead' asian role and killed of the fatty...

the ground you covered in these few short sentences are quite possibly the most efficient use of awesome foz talk ive ever seen.

well done sir.

and youre legit 100 about the hot azian sister. only time i cried in the movie was when she bit the dust.

plague
05-01-2018, 08:02 AM
I fully understand people saying "it's science fiction, get over it" but Leia Poppins just didn't even go close to staying consistent with the entire series for me. I truly hated that bit.

listen, STAR WARS NERDY NERDS.

all i hear about is that 'space' has all these RULES and THEORIES that nerdy space nerds scoff at when watching movies.

well how about this: the rules you apply are only relevant to the 'space' that we as humans know. whats to say the 'space' that the Star Wars universe exists in doesn't have the same rules. maybe the 'space' in the star wars universe has gravity, and magic crystals, and the force?

isnt the Star Wars universe is completely unrelated to the universe that the Earth is in. So your rules dont apply here nerds. maybe there are like 50 different universes with all different properties. did you ever think of that NERDZ???????

HUH?

HUH???????

stupid nerds.

pv4
05-01-2018, 10:08 AM
listen, STAR WARS NERDY NERDS.

all i hear about is that 'space' has all these RULES and THEORIES that nerdy space nerds scoff at when watching movies.

My issue is it didn't even closely feel consistent with its own universe.

There is a lot in the series that is ridiculous compared to what we know our current world as..

But Poppins Leia seemed a stretch even taking into context the absurdities SW has.

plague
05-01-2018, 11:13 AM
My issue is it didn't even closely feel consistent with its own universe.

There is a lot in the series that is ridiculous compared to what we know our current world as..

But Poppins Leia seemed a stretch even taking into context the absurdities SW has.

the joint has been absurd from day 1.

silly nerds are more than welcome to make up their own space stories. would be factually correct but lame as all ****.

goddamn nerds.

plague
05-01-2018, 11:13 AM
but legit, Mary Poppins Leia was just bad movie making.

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2018, 01:03 AM
The writers had tonnes of opportunities to do Fisher justice and kill her off in a really great way.

Instead, they continually ignored this avenue and now we're going to read about it in the opening scrolling credits in Ep IX. Massive shame.

She was alive when they finished shooting. Carrie Fisher died after shooting and was supposed to a big role in episode 9

pv4
06-01-2018, 09:05 AM
She was alive when they finished shooting. Carrie Fisher died after shooting and was supposed to a big role in episode 9

Hollywood can do so many things in "post". They could have done it so easily.

hawk
06-01-2018, 11:31 AM

If she is in the next movie her acting will be just as good. And still way better than Russell Crowe

WolfMan
06-01-2018, 12:22 PM
If she is in the next movie her acting will be just as good.

:gent:

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2018, 02:26 PM
If she is in the next movie her acting will be just as good. And still way better than Russell Crowe

If that is a dig at her acting you failed her acting was bloody superb in both star wars movies sofar

Bon
06-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Benicio del Toro/DJ
Was half expecting him to blurt out at any time (in English please?):- Hand me the keys you c**k sucker...wat da faq?

:lulzturtle:
HAHA I thought I was the only one waiting for that..

hawk
06-01-2018, 09:36 PM
If that is a dig at her acting you failed her acting was bloody superb in both star wars movies sofar

nup. Her clay faced pose cliches was syrup. Sure you can like shite all you want, your choice

StannyCFCJET
06-01-2018, 09:44 PM
nup. Her clay faced pose cliches was syrup. Sure you can like shite all you want, your choice

Matter of opinion

hawk
06-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Matter of opinion

Whoa not so fast there. I said why she was shite now critique where she was supposedly so good and her pron yrs cant be included.

Almost impossible to to defend the whole franchise. The 2 bit David Walliams has more going for it.

sammydog
07-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Wait. Wat ??

Id like to see some solid evidence to back that up, not just some shitty quote from a movie.

Aegon
04-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Anyone else a Star Wars tragic but NOT excited by EP IX ?

I really think Disney has destroyed the franchise.

Bon
04-04-2019, 03:05 PM
This thread got me thinking..
What happened to hawk?? I haven't seen him post on here in aaaaaaaages.. Is he just lurking now? Still hiding in bushes at Kotara with his telescopic camera? Cruising the world in his 533ft yacht, (wo)manned by 24 playboy playmates???

Bon
04-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Anyone else a Star Wars tragic but NOT excited by EP IX ?

I really think Disney has destroyed the franchise.

As for Star Wars, I'm a tragic too..
BUT
I don't mind the Disney ones.. I think because Episodes 1-3 scarred me so much with Lucas' horsesh!t, that they could pump anything out now and I'd just be thankful that Jar Jar isn't involved..
Nothing will touch the originals..

The Dunster
04-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Matter of opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt4f2H3GDs

q-money
04-04-2019, 03:57 PM
What happened to hawk?? I haven't seen him post on here in aaaaaaaages.. Is he just lurking now? Still hiding in bushes at Kotara with his telescopic camera? Cruising the world in his 533ft yacht, (wo)manned by 24 playboy playmates???

he outsourced his work to his 400 multis

baldrick
04-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Rogue One was pretty decent.

plague
04-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Hawk just wants everyone to have a good time

boz-monaut
04-04-2019, 09:15 PM
just goes to show how phenomenal the first two were that I'm still interested in IX

and yeah rogue one was good, the rest haven't been, at all

Bon
05-04-2019, 08:11 AM
just goes to show how phenomenal the first two were that I'm still interested in IX

and yeah rogue one was good, the rest haven't been, at all

I still haven't seen the Solo one, but I figured it would be sh!t with the casting they had..

plague
05-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Rouge One was dope.
Solo was the same as the Abt Man movies.

boz-monaut
05-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Solo was OK but nothing remarkable

better than the prequels - but so is a kick in the balls

movies these days are made with complexities and skills that weren't done in the 70s - which just doesn't suit The Star Wars universe

Aegon
05-04-2019, 08:59 AM
I still haven't seen the Solo one, but I figured it would be sh!t with the casting they had..

Same, I couldn't bring myself to watch Solo...... I'll get around to it one day.

As for Rogue one, it had good elements but the story itself was just a stretch, and any time you retcon something from previous movies to make a story work just doesn't sit well with me.

Aegon
05-04-2019, 09:06 AM
I think what really gets to me in the new series is the lack of originality. So much of what has been done in Eps 7 & 8 seems to be taken directly from the original series.

Add to that some gigantic plot holes and unrealistic co-incidences and I just can't enjoy it.

plague
05-04-2019, 09:10 AM
As for Rogue one, it had good elements but the story itself was just a stretch, and any time you retcon something from previous movies to make a story work just doesn't sit well with me.

Huh?
Good elements?
Everyone died a violent death, even the cute chick.
**** that robot too, he can cop some bullets.
The dashing hero - dead.
Cute chicks mum, BOOM!!! eat a laser sandwich bitch.

Not to mention Vader cleaning house at the end. It was old testament justice.

That shit OWNED.
I love how people were shitty there wasn't a happy ending, but that was the best ending to a movie since Brad Pitt got a delivery from the UPS guy out in the badlands.

Just wish Luke Skywalker died a horrible death too in Ep 8. This hero death bullshit has been done. Get a new slant.

plague
05-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Oh. Spoiler alert.

The Dunster
05-04-2019, 09:43 AM
I didn't and still don't rate Star Wars A New Hope as being a good movie. It made me cringe in 1977 and I think it's been at least ten years since I watched it at home.
Empire Strikes Back I still think is the best of the franchise but it's really not up against a lot either.

The recent / third wave of Star Wars movies I rate as much better versions of all those before them except Empire.

In absolute terms though, all of these movies are very low on my list of movies I'd want to watch again.

Bon
05-04-2019, 09:46 AM
I didn't and still don't rate Star Wars A New Hope as being a good movie. It made me cringe in 1977 and I think it's been at least ten years since I watched it at home.
Empire Strikes Back I still think is the best of the franchise but it's really not up against a lot either.

The recent / third wave of Star Wars movies I rate as much better versions of all those before them except Empire.

In absolute terms though, all of these movies are very low on my list of movies I'd want to watch again.

Dunnnnster.. I'm trying so hard to convince Premy that you aren't an old dinosaur, and then you say stuff like this...
Making it tough for me, mate.. :gent:

I do agree that Empire is the best of the three originals though.

plague
05-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Dunnnnster.. I'm trying so hard to convince Premy that you aren't an old dinosaur, and then you say stuff like this...
Making it tough for me, mate.. :gent:

in Dunsters defence, coming across a movie that had sound must have been a hell of a trip.

The Dunster
05-04-2019, 01:02 PM
in Dunsters defence, coming across a movie that had sound must have been a hell of a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2H8Qt5fgA

Aegon
05-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Huh?
Good elements?
Everyone died a violent death, even the cute chick.
**** that robot too, he can cop some bullets.
The dashing hero - dead.
Cute chicks mum, BOOM!!! eat a laser sandwich bitch.

Not to mention Vader cleaning house at the end. It was old testament justice.

That shit OWNED.
I love how people were shitty there wasn't a happy ending, but that was the best ending to a movie since Brad Pitt got a delivery from the UPS guy out in the badlands.

Just wish Luke Skywalker died a horrible death too in Ep 8. This hero death bullshit has been done. Get a new slant.

Vader at the end was the best part of the movie, possibly one of the best parts in the entire star wars canon. The movie as i said had good parts, it's just if you look at the whole thing I didn't think it worked.

Also, the space battle was a farce. Two star destroyers against a small fleet, both sit back and do nothing.
A tiny ship then rams a star destroyer without damage and manages to push it perfectly cutting another star destroyer in half that also perfectly crashes into the shield bringing it down just in time for the transmission from the ground to get through.

Bon
05-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Vader at the end was the best part of the movie, possibly one of the best parts in the entire star wars canon. The movie as i said had good parts, it's just if you look at the whole thing I didn't think it worked.

Also, the space battle was a farce. Two star destroyers against a small fleet, both sit back and do nothing.
A tiny ship then rams a star destroyer without damage and manages to push it perfectly cutting another star destroyer in half that also perfectly crashes into the shield bringing it down just in time for the transmission from the ground to get through.

Hmmm.. I might have to revisit this one over the weekend..
I don't really remember a lot of it, but Vader going full nasty at the end definitely sticks in my memory..

I've got this on my wall at work..
https://pics.me.me/in-strong-people-dont-put-others-down-they-lift-27673810.png

Aegon
05-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Hmmm.. I might have to revisit this one over the weekend..
I don't really remember a lot of it, but Vader going full nasty at the end definitely sticks in my memory..

I've got this on my wall at work..
https://pics.me.me/in-strong-people-dont-put-others-down-they-lift-27673810.png

hahaha, love it.

plague
05-04-2019, 02:03 PM

you mean the space fantasy movie where people have laser guns and glowing swords and mind controlling magic and even though they come from all corners of the galaxy they all seem to be able to speak and or understand english has some moments in it that seem hard to fathom.

ummm, ok then.

plague
05-04-2019, 02:06 PM

pfffft, shit like happens on the reg.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/Dft3yHXWXV8Ry/200.webp?cid=790b76115ca6c5cb4e30386a2e6372ba

hawk
06-04-2019, 10:11 PM

Bonzai! Nah That spastic GF loss was the killer. Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.
Havent even a spare min to stir some of the outraged sjwtards on here.

Still supporting the Jest because who can forget the bay 1 anthem. They can never tear ass apart.

Bon
08-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Bonzai! Nah That spastic GF loss was the killer. Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.
Havent even a spare min to stir some of the outraged sjwtards on here.

Still supporting the Jest because who can forget the bay 1 anthem. They can never tear ass apart.

Yes!!!
Good to hear you are still about, mate..

plague
08-04-2019, 08:15 AM
Now busy coaching a couple of teams mate. Doing some community stuff as well etc.

I knew it.

Has anyone ever actually seen Hawk and Craig Deans in the same room together?

#staywoke

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 12:19 PM
New trailer is dope. The hype is real. Also welcome back palaptine

Bon
15-04-2019, 12:22 PM
New trailer is dope. The hype is real. Also welcome back palaptine

For anyone that hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pbI9niN4k

plague
15-04-2019, 02:48 PM
The Seth Rogan edit is pretty funny in a very childish way.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1116808215512195072

plague
15-04-2019, 07:32 PM
so they gonna bring back the Emperor, Darth Maul and Jar Jar for this last one huh?
Then they gonna make Luke alive again too.

awww geez, this doesnt sound good.